Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all was going on bro Drink Champs Radio.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queen's rapper. Hey hangs agree as your boy in O I E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 2: What up his DJ E f N?
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 2: This is Drinks Champ Radio. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's right.
Speaker 5: For port live from Drink Champs Sport. This is the slip father for.
Speaker 2: Wa Baba and r E. What up his DJ E f N? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's Drink Champs own, Drink Champ Sports.
Speaker 5: Make now now, Paul, let's get to it. You predicted the Cors you win?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 6: I predicted that club is gonna win and six, but they went seven.
Speaker 5: So we we gotta still make some noise for your career because he.
Speaker 2: Was the prediction. Your your first prediction with us was wrong.
Speaker 6: Right, I don't remember that that was? That was that was last season on and on?
Speaker 2: Okay, so how about this this Sunday?
Speaker 6: Uh, the Rifles is going down the Jets the division rivals is in effect. We got the Jets in town Miami Jets Gang Green with the Dolphins, and it's going to be a great game. The fans love it, the community love it, both cities love it, both states love it.
Speaker 2: It's Jets in Miami.
Speaker 6: There's a bunch of other games too, But but that's like my primetime.
Speaker 2: But Miami's going down Gang Green Jets to stand up. That's right, we going what's your prediction in Batmanton this year? Jose? And where who was in bad? Hat is bad? I don't know, Hey, so what's your prediction? Wait? Wait, okay, you got another sports outside.
Speaker 4: Of to do?
Speaker 2: How about Christmas Night?
Speaker 5: Christmas Night is the first time Golden State plays the Calves?
Speaker 2: Is this true?
Speaker 5: Golden Yes, this is the first time since the championship and that's Christmas Night.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. Now you don't know this your dreaming sports?
Speaker 6: I mean, I got Thanksgiving in order? What Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving? Well, I think Detroit is gonna take it. The Detroit Lions. I'm saying they usually have a great game this time of year. Is this because of stats?
Speaker 7: Are?
Speaker 2: Because this is what you just you like them? Stats?
Speaker 4: I've tried to sharpen my skills because I don't want to put my money on you, just being like I have a feeling. I proved it today. Shout out to Chicago.
Speaker 2: That one you can't somebody google on Christmas Day. I think it's.
Speaker 5: The Calves versus Golden State the first time the championship.
Speaker 4: What's your prediction for Super Tuesday? Hey, dickhead, what's your prediction for Super Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Give boris? You don't know Super Tuesday? I mean, do you know what what I'm talking about? The election? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Voter, Yeah, because he's I mean, I think Hillary is gonna win. But there's a lot of people that's trying to prove me wrong. Go out there and both a Hill we got there. Don't vote God damn it voted die.
Speaker 5: That's Thanksgiving, christ Christmas, Nicks Warriors, Calves, war Warriors, Calves.
Speaker 2: And I think is gonna win.
Speaker 6: I predict is gonna win that game because Lebron just had a Halloween party and he had Steph carry cookies, right, Steph carry and Draymond Green's already lying the fire saying he wanted to demolish them. He wants to I want to thrash them. He said it like the other day. So it's out there all right.
Speaker 8: And then Thanksgiving basketball? What you what you got Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, our Google is not we do it all. We do it all. I'm looking, he said.
Speaker 5: The Detroit Lions, he said, the Detroit Lions, NBA.
Speaker 2: Don't come on, I'm not sure. Well, you know, you know, while we had it, that's that's not the people.
Speaker 5: Let's start checked out stuff. Check out drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the new drink Champ, the new drink Champ.
Speaker 5: At make sure you download the iPhone emojis and it's for the Android to or the drink.
Speaker 4: Champs down the Drink Champions. The regular app is for iPhone and Android. Absolutely we got the new drink Champs dot com. Absolutely keep it. And then for iPhone seven and all iOS ten users, you could download the Sticker app for text messaging. They got to type in drunk text by Drink Champs in the app Store and download it and it pops up in your keyboard where you find your gifts. So your gifts or whatever the gifts gifts, gifts, gifts, it's gifts. Okay, I don't know, but somebody tell us we got to shout out the homie that created the apps at e FX Apps e F e x X Apps and he created the apps. And our graphic designer akz at AKZ nine one six, shout out to him. And also pick up them new drink Champs slides Yeah are tight.
Speaker 5: I called them slippers, but I've noticed that that like the millennials call them slides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but slippers definitely.
Speaker 5: And also we're gonna go request them if you're in the New York area. A lot of people have been trying to, you know, get drink chance material. Fad Joe's up in the yc Uh. It's supposed to be able to it's supposed to be packaging the slippers, the shirts, the cups and everything. So go see Fat Joe store up n yc.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. We're actually going to visit there as well. The whole Drink Champs Shout out to eight to nine as well.
Speaker 5: Shout out to eight and nine of course, and so we'll get into this episode. Also, I want to pick up my guy tax Stone out there. I did a great interview with Meet Mill. Just everybody go out there and and and and and check it out.
Speaker 2: It's dope. Very informative.
Speaker 5: And I like the fact that, you know, artists are now coming to podcasts as opposed to you know, running to.
Speaker 2: Radio traditional thing.
Speaker 5: So I want to keep supporting that, keep you know, pushing the coature forward. Also, you know, we got Joe Butten's coming up. He got a podcast out there. Naming that podcast later, Big Up Combat Jack, Big Up Rap Radar, tax Stone, Uh, Brilliant Idiots, and you.
Speaker 8: Know all the other podcasts out there. Warn Epstein got a dope one out there, Rock Kim. I feel like I set that up because they hit me to say, yo, who's the connect for Masters of Ceremony, And I gave the connect and then I didn't realize that Rock he was on the show and they like they did drink champs to us they set up backstage.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, but you know what the luten was.
Speaker 5: So it was great Epstein, Cyper Sounds, Roseenberg, you know, big big yall guys up.
Speaker 2: Lower Styles her podcast.
Speaker 5: Out there, and uh, Maria, I forgot her name. I'm sorry, she got a podcast out there, but you know, big it up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Big up, all those going down.
Speaker 5: So we'll get to this DJ podcast right now, DJ clue, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Also, and p D. Kraft came again. They cut me, let's drunk.
Speaker 5: That's drunk. You wanted to even it out. So we're gonna get into it, man. And as you know, man, we got something. We got a surprise. You know, We've got a couple of announcements coming and something. And we got a couple of TV announcements coming soon as well. And and Thanksgiving night we're playing something very very huge. We're gonna start promoting it now so you guys can understand that we're really going all out for you guys. So you know, no more sports predictions, Paul, Thanksgiving one, yeah, oh yeah, Thanksgiving ones.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: Publicans, Minnesota all the way. Is gonna take that one.
Speaker 4: Lakers, Warriors that's their names, and the Pelicans.
Speaker 2: Pelicans, Lakers and the Warriors. That's a good one. Lakers and the Warriors. Then I think I got the Lakers on that one. Yeah, you know, the Dream Champs, Army of demolished if you wrong, right right right.
Speaker 4: So think it through because you're just throwing these out there, hit out sports too just to do it.
Speaker 2: Dream Champs Sports Bother him and the Thunder and the Kings, the last.
Speaker 6: One Thunder and the Kings. A Thunder's gonna take that. Westbrook. He's on point.
Speaker 2: How Westbrook we're doing out there.
Speaker 6: He's ridiculous. He's scored like forty eight points night.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: I haven't been paying that much attention this year to basketball or football.
Speaker 2: Disappointed in myself. But busy. Yeah, it's just busy man. But you know, and we have the new hazar Mad studio.
Speaker 4: Shut out by the way.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, last time I came, it was normal. Right now it's fun. It's very fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you saying. So.
Speaker 8: You know, if you need your ship mixed, hit up Hazard it sounds you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You can hit up drink Camps for his contact and for as well. Uh. And you know we're out here doing it man, having fun.
Speaker 5: Man, do its getting the board.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this episode. Let's have some fun. Let's go he hain't segreed.
Speaker 5: Hope you Savia, it's your boy, and put up as d J e F f N. It's drink chances for the podcast. Right now, we have a legendary DJ in the building and I'm gonna keep it a hundred.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for him, I might not be where I'm at.
Speaker 8: He used to discover the records I heard choking no joke the other day, say the whole tunnel was based on what records Clue was playing. He's dominated the mixtape game. He's from my home barrel. We know each other twenty years at least. Let's let's say ten, because we're trying to stay.
Speaker 2: Young twenty five.
Speaker 8: But right now in the building, we have the legendary DJ Clue and.
Speaker 2: The drink chests, bikes up. Now, take us in.
Speaker 5: The beginning, in the beginning, is it my phone? Okay, so take us in the beginning. How you first started? What was it you started as a DJ or you started doing mixtapes?
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I started rapping. Man. I used to rap. Oh shit, yeah, I used to rap.
Speaker 8: Man. I didn't really like the spotlight too much man at all. Like so, I mean I kind of be in like a little bit kind of behind the scenes, but not too much. So I said, you know, I'm gonna start.
Speaker 2: Who don't got a cup? Let's get I needn't cut up and even another cup? Can you get cleol?
Speaker 8: A cup continued, Yes, yes, yeah, So I was ripping doing little shows here and then you know Rochdale Village and all that, you know, run away stuff, and I just decided, like yo, man' get behind the turntables to st DJing.
Speaker 2: So here's how that came out. Man.
Speaker 5: So what what the first time, like Clue got recognized when it was a Biggie joint or something like that.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna say that's the time I got recognized, but that was like, that was a big defining moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when he got on he got on a flex show and he was like, I'm looking for you, and I find you. But what record was this got?
Speaker 2: It was? I think it was the original version of One More Chance? Nahn. It wasn't One More Chance.
Speaker 8: I forget which record it was, man, But because I had so many records back then, man, I think it might have been. It might have been a snippet of Juicy and another record. I think yeah, matd Bag was a snippet of Juicy and then in the original uh uh, the original I think it was me was what was the One More Chance?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It was original version of Juicy?
Speaker 4: Another record he had though, But you're already mad mixtapes by that point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had, I had mad mixtapes moving, but it was kind of it was kind of on a local level, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So, now, how did you start getting these these exclusive nods freestyles? Like at one point, if you wanted to hear nads, you had to have a clue tape.
Speaker 2: Yo, man, hear everything you.
Speaker 8: I mean, Basically, I got in the call, man, I ain't really know too many hands out there in a couple. I just got in the call with the Queen's Bridges and started asking questions. Wow, wow, see see that, you know when you when you say that, that's what.
Speaker 2: The different poe drink? Come on, got that? Let me get Yeah, I don't want to touch nobody. Sure, let you get your own height.
Speaker 5: So that's the difference between when you DJ and what DJ's is now. Because DJ is now they just seems like DJ's just follow the trend.
Speaker 2: Now they just play whatever.
Speaker 5: They go to the town and asks what's hot or and but back then you used to go in Queens Bridge in forty projects and and was it about you getting it first?
Speaker 2: Or was you about.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 8: You you just breaking this record? It was kind of it was kind of trying to trying to.
Speaker 2: Find that that hot new thing at the time.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, that that unfound talent and just and just going and grinding, man, and and working with people in the studios and making them hot joints.
Speaker 2: Definitely, So then now what you like better back then? Or now? Oh? Definitely back then?
Speaker 8: Back then? Yeah, wow, I break that down. I mean now, I feel like it's kind of in a way, it's oversaturated, you know whatever. You know what I mean, Like like I tell this story all the time, and you go on the Internet every day and you wake up and it's fourteen new records to and albums, records, freestyle videos, And I mean me, as a DJ, I gotta be real meticulous with what I picked and choose to fuck with. But at the same time, you gotta figure that the consumer gotta be confused because they don't know. No one has enough time on their hands to click on fourteen records and check them out.
Speaker 2: And they all sound the same anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, some of them sound the same, and some of them's blog So it's like, you know, it's like roulette, man, you know what I mean, kind of.
Speaker 2: What's a record that stand out to you right now?
Speaker 5: Like if it wasn't hot, that you would want to take this record and blow it up.
Speaker 2: A record that's not hot yet, like.
Speaker 5: Not I don't want to say that's not hot, but like something that you're into that even if it wasn't hot, you would you would take this record and feel like you would personally want to break it.
Speaker 2: That's tough, man.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of records out there that that.
Speaker 2: Kind of fucked with.
Speaker 8: I mean like when I heard the Younger May record, I knew it was hot, you know what I mean? I knew that was gonna be a smoker, like Puerto Rican gott to open up his pineapple juice.
Speaker 2: Come on, somebody started to think, come on to make it, come on, let's go. But but don't fast forward too much.
Speaker 4: I like to go back to the mixing, like how did you how did that all get started? Like what's the inception? When did you say I want to be a mixtape DJ? Then you start rolling them out. I used to go to Jamaica Avenue. I used to get on uh well, even let's wind a little bit. Even before that, I used to like have my car when I was young, you know, had I had license as soon as you get licensed back then New York, it was like fifteen.
Speaker 8: I had a call back then. I used to like having you know, dope music to play. I have a little fake system, you know with the home speaking.
Speaker 4: I had the same ship DJ talk like like I think everybody had.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, here's a DJ snapper fact.
Speaker 8: I bought my system that I had in my had Nissan Central, right. I bought my crazy system from who Kid before he was before he.
Speaker 2: Was who Kids.
Speaker 8: I bought the system that was in his car. I bought it from him because I liked it. So I needed to shake the trustles on the Jamaic Avenue because then, yeah, so I bought. I bought who Kids his his system and through to my trunk, you know what I mean. And I used to have mixtapes. I used to get Baby J and Earth. I used to go to their house. I used to pay DJs to make me make me a mixtape.
Speaker 2: Now you're saying when you say about J, yeah, he used.
Speaker 8: To have mixtapes and his named Baby J. I used to get mixed around that yet now, okay, yes, so I used to go to aviad Get true life mixtapes.
Speaker 2: A couple of little uh you know, more local DJs, Dug Time, Grandma as the victim. They legendary and queens, you know what I mean? Right? So I used to get all kind of mixtapes and I used.
Speaker 8: To say, man, like yo, if someone made a mixtape that was hot from beginning to end with no fast forward and theyked murdered and make some real cash, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So what was your first mixtape you felt like it took off? Well, I had to be sneaky man when I started.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to have tating number one, so I started taking number twenty six.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean to make people think I've been doing it for a while, You know I did, But I did it with number two.
Speaker 8: I started taking umber twenty six babies, so that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did Juice go? When did you meet? You met?
Speaker 4: Remember Mark Ferman hip hop connection down here in Miami. Was he instrumental at all in what you did? I mean, he was a big mixtape distributor. He got rated by the Feds.
Speaker 8: And I know yeah, yeah, dodging the Feds back then was was easy for me with half people because they was too They tried to be too old the top with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I tried to stay you know, but why was that breaking federal laws?
Speaker 8: I don't understand your copy right yea, yeah, copyrighting friends, Yeah, but how was the copyrighted?
Speaker 2: Frenchman at the artist, you're a bootlegger as a mixtape. DJ a lawyer.
Speaker 4: When I told him I did, He's like, you need to stop. I said, you understand him, but you don't understand. Yeah, Estefan's lawyer.
Speaker 2: I told him a mixtape you need to stop that ship right now, even because even the artists don't even really own the music. Really, yeah, as you do. You know what I'm saying that, You know that's true.
Speaker 8: So the corporate the corporate people, they they was running down on people. Man, it's getting and I heard my name tossed around, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it didn't run down like DJ drama that I've seen that And I was like, well, I mean that was a good thing. I dodged that one, you know what I mean. So now, so now was you didn't you do a bad boy mixtape? I definitely did a bad Boy the first one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did the first bad Boy mixtape because you know, halving them this from my neighborhood, but from Queens half. He's being Queens. I'm not seen my ricks. Yeah, it was off from around the way. So when they when he was doing a mixtape, they was like, yo, you know we want you to be on it all right?
Speaker 2: Cool? So I said, you know me, Puerto.
Speaker 5: Rican did not open this up. The Puerto Ricans know you're a stab Someone use a knife to open that. It's gotta be a Dominican who opened you did. Let me get you some more ice. Man, we're gonna get Clue drunk.
Speaker 2: He smooth. Yo, you're trying to get me drunk. It's gonna be a long night. Brother. Remember I'm in the club every night, but I've been drinking all the time, you know right.
Speaker 5: So now, was it was that your first time working with Pulp?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, you know what I mean, you know rwand a little bit.
Speaker 8: You know, Pup wasn't really my good friend of mine time because he was mad because the bigger thing. So when he found out I was working in all state records, you know what I mean, he he he called those Steve Stouts.
Speaker 2: So I was looking for.
Speaker 5: Me wow, yeah, because it was Steve South grew up in the same block, right or something like that, in the same neighbor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So so when he called him there, man, like he didn't even know it was me inswering phones.
Speaker 2: Like I said, can I help you? This is Sean Combs? Is that kid? Clute?
Speaker 8: Like no, no, I ain't right here. So I mean it was cool.
Speaker 2: We worked it out. We smoothed it out, though.
Speaker 8: Man, it was cool, like, you know, me and Big became real cool and you the whole team.
Speaker 2: And and then.
Speaker 8: When I went to Brooklyn, I had to go to Brooking to go pick if an exclusive for Dream Mafia. I went by myself too, you know what I mean, have to go in the in the in the pece, you know. And after the yeah yeah, I had to go to P's and I wanted to buy myself to go pick up the exclusives real mixtape.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: Back then I used to just be rolling around like I ain't care who wasn't wrong.
Speaker 2: I was trying to go do what I had to do, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: And so and so, how was it working with the Rockefella When did you was?
Speaker 2: What did you also Rockefeller's first artist. I wasn't Rockefeller's first artist, but I mean I was the definitely the first DJ.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely the first DJ. I mean IRV Gotti had bought Jay to meet me at Harlem.
Speaker 2: Music Cut of music. Hut damn. That spot is closed train station right there. Yeah, so you know, he was trying to get Jay's record broken. I think it was.
Speaker 8: It was either in my lifetime or it was I'm not sure it was one of them joints, right, but he was trying to anyway, He's trying to get Jame's records heard, so he was like yo.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, I want to hear this cat bl bl blind. I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 8: So I met him, you know, but you know, Jay's a real monotone, cool, smooth nigga, so he ain't asks.
Speaker 2: Me too much.
Speaker 8: So he he was just like cool. We mad all right, We're gonna get up cool, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: And then what happened? So how did y'all actually connect? Then?
Speaker 8: Then Earth called me one night. It was like in the middle of a snowstone. I was I was in Queen's I was driving, and he said, yo, I got this record for you, man, I gotta come meet you. It's a fire joint. He said, you finished the mix a yet?
Speaker 6: Nah?
Speaker 2: And I ain't finished yet. What you got? I got this record with with jay Z and Foxy Brown. This ain't no yeah.
Speaker 8: So so we came at me, gave me the joint and fox he's hot at this time or no not yet okay, and then it is really whole hoo.
Speaker 2: Hold was he up? He was eating up enough? You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: I think a couple of songs had leaked. I heard like the Evils and you know me on the first joint, so he was heating up. And then uh, but with that joint, I knew he was like, you know, getting ready to make some noise.
Speaker 2: So now choking no jokes.
Speaker 8: Said on the interview recently that they used to base the records on the tunnel based on what records Cool would play, and then they would big Cat would take the records or like whatever you had playing on your ship and the big Cap and take the records and then they would know that this is a certified tunnel, Benga.
Speaker 2: But the secret was they was getting it from you. Is that true?
Speaker 8: They was getting the wrecks from me, like you're not hearing it. I mean, I mean, I mean, I guess I mean I was. I was rest in peace, big cat. I was cool with cats, but they never used to really be in touch with me anyhing like that, Like you know what I mean. Like I was just doing my own thing, you know what I mean. I was kind of under the radar. No one really knew what I looked like, you know, I was just moving around doing my thing. But it was cool, like cause, you know, like I started bringing my tapes like after Queens, I was, I was going to school in downtown Brooklyn, So I said, let me go to the B Street downtown drop and tastes off.
Speaker 2: So I dropped a couple of tapes off. They called me next morning, like.
Speaker 8: You the tavy dropped, though, you got some motem joints because I had I had the I had the the method man a t h O that and I.
Speaker 2: Had and had early. Yeah, how did you get that? Chill? This whole news got to give those secrets out there. I can't. I can't do it. I can't. I can't take to the grave of me. Yeah, and I had I had live Nigga rat with Mom leven.
Speaker 8: Now yeah, yeah, exclusive, I had that off the cassette.
Speaker 2: Wo.
Speaker 8: Matter of fact, that that song they couldn't even find the reals for what you hear on that Mam Deep album is.
Speaker 2: The cassette version two track version?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Because they somehow real got lost or destroyed something.
Speaker 5: So now that first Clue album, right, they come to you because I mean, do you feel like it's somewhat like you and flex kind of set it up for colle it for college, Like you know what Collin is doing is like you and flexes albums? Yeah, like the DJB definitely, So let's take us to that first album they approach you or this is your idea to do an album?
Speaker 2: A mixtape?
Speaker 8: Ship man, I was making so much bread. I wasn't even thinking about going to the label. But you know what I mean, it was like it was to the point where I was like, you know, at that young age, you got so much. I was making so much bread, like I didn't even have to do it, Like I just went around pocketphones and money like yo. Like it was like, you know, go to Atrim, go spend twenty five hundred ice, break clay it out and just you know what, I mean, but I mean Earth came to me and yeah, was instrumental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and me earned a lot of talking.
Speaker 8: Man, Like when he was going to first work for for Death Jam, he was like, yo, man, let me ask you a questions.
Speaker 2: He said, what you think about me working for Death Jam. I'm like, yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, but they ain't.
Speaker 8: Really paying no money, you know what i mean? He said, lee a woman to work, but he's not really paying. I'm like, listen, it's more about the opportunity than it is about the money. Like you know, once you get in and get in the door, you be able to make that money times twenty, you know what i mean. He's like, you know what, You're right, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: And Earth got it to the job at Depth Jam for djup. Let's make it not wrong.
Speaker 8: He took the job for him exactly. I ain't getting no money at exactly. But yeah, so Earth came to me. He's like, yo, when we talked to Rockefeller about doing you know what I mean, doing an album with you?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean. I'm like, so it was Earth's idea initially, Like I.
Speaker 8: Mean, yeah, yeah, I wasn't really I wasn't really concentrating. I was really concentrating on on building the brand, you know what I mean, Because I mean that would have been building the brand right there.
Speaker 2: Listen, brother, and I had I had, I had no I know, I had to move. And seriously, we know, we all know, but that's a different type of building the brand at that level. I was distributing the chain stores.
Speaker 8: I hadn't moving, you know what I mean. I mean, and the and the money they was offering me.
Speaker 2: For uh, it's definitely not gonna be the same. I was for sure. I was like, all right, it's like you put sho wait every week with your mix days.
Speaker 8: So many made you wind up doing it with Rockefeller. I mean, I thought it was a good opportunity, you know what I mean. I said, you know what, maybe I could even though I'm still selling a bunch of mixings, I can make it on bigger scale and you know, get audiences across seas and stuff like that. Even though I was still already doing parties overseas and all that stuff like independently, I still felt like it was like, you know what I mean, I could get some of the big artists do something exclusive and making and you know, back then, selling platinum is a big thing.
Speaker 2: I thought I could sell platinum, which I did. You know, that makes a first m right.
Speaker 5: I think flex has plaques before you, but I think it was gold. But so now all right, cool, So you come up with this album. It goal was platinum. You at Hot ninety seven? How did you get to Hot ninety seven?
Speaker 2: From there? Tracy Clardy, who was a program director of the time, and with Tracy Claric, I had went to the studio.
Speaker 8: A couple of weeks prior before I got I had and I listened to I listened to the to the Biggie album because Puff wanted to picked two joints to put on mixtape.
Speaker 2: So I listened to the whole album.
Speaker 8: Just Ready to Die Yeah, and to No No No After It Die.
Speaker 2: Oh so this is life after Death? Yeah? Okay, So.
Speaker 8: Uhuff was like, you pick two songs you want mm hm and we'll give me you put on a mixtape. I said, all right, So I picked Hypnotized and more Money More Problems.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I picked them two songs, I put them on a mixtape. So I put them on mixtape, my voice on it, and like two days later High ninety seven had it in rotation with my voice on it, screaming shout.
Speaker 5: Outs everything from your mixtape.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Tracy called him like, she was like you listen, man, She's like, listen, you might as well come work here.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Let me give you the show and you know, and the show was the Monday night mixed there. That was the money that mixed in. So yeah, that's how that happened, man, And then fabulous gets discovered.
Speaker 8: Well, I had.
Speaker 2: You with this show free Styling.
Speaker 8: Let's yeah, so I had I had the inn Warrior of the Free Styling and my man just skin call him. He's like yo, he said, Yo, I've been darning these cats for a while, but he got this. I got this kid that, yeah, he could rap. He got some potential. He's like, yo, He's like, I want you to hear him. I was like, I was like, all right, cool, it's like, not only am I going to hear him, I'm gonna I'm gonna bring him up and let him freestyle right now.
Speaker 5: So when he got there, that was the first timest time I met him and heard him.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of there. It's crazy.
Speaker 8: So he walked in I met him, I said, you ready? He said, You'm ready? I said, because you about the freestyle at the no rate, I said, sit down and have a chair and get.
Speaker 2: Him to grab a mic. You know what I mean. Ah, So that's how it happened.
Speaker 5: That's real, that's real training right there, like and he showed up to the occasion like you know what I'm saying, Like every time I see fab you know, I always show him extra love because I just remember seeing the hunger that he had at that moment, and it was like nothing that was going to stop him. And I was like when I when I peat that because I had I was in a battle, not in a battle, excuse me, but Shine and my son had had a battle.
Speaker 2: We were in a sight for me, Shine and my son and my song looked.
Speaker 5: At me like, Nigga, you got your deal, relax, relaxed like and then it became a My Song and Shine battle. So I remember that same look was like when we started rhyming with Fat, Fat looked at me like, slime, you on already like and I just let him go and and from that day forward, he's been a star.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise for Fabri. God damn it. I'm very I'm very proud of that.
Speaker 5: So so you saw the vision right then and there with him, you was like, you know what I'm making because I heard he didn't even have a name, but.
Speaker 8: Now he I just heard him in that rap say it's the f A B O l O U s in the U S Cigle in the US and here I thought.
Speaker 2: It sounding hard. I was like, Yo, we're gonna rung with that right.
Speaker 8: So so he so when Skate said him sitting this kid he never said his name. I think he calls the sport back then, Yes, sport, because that's what they said, fabulous spiz right, that's crazy, man, I had something that I had something to do with Fabulous.
Speaker 2: I'm such a great person. Always get out the great stories about me. It's such a great about me. Sometimes you got to find yourself in the back.
Speaker 5: So now cool, you did them, you did the album, did the mixtape.
Speaker 2: Now you got this artist.
Speaker 5: Now I'm hearing this turmoil with fab in a skull. You go to death jam even before that, man like.
Speaker 8: Electra, I mean trying to get um signs of pain ass because you know everyone everyone looks at you as.
Speaker 2: Even with you being the hottest DJ. They still get.
Speaker 8: Everyone looks at you with that label, and the label is DJ, so they don't look they don't look past, you know, being a businessman and marketing and being to be able to do and all. So Steve Stoyle had just got the job at inter Scope I think he was the president of of A and or whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: He got the job with deal All.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he got the job with then, and he called me like, yo, man, He's like, Yo, don't you come work for me?
Speaker 2: Man? Like you know what I mean, Like, come work for me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, because I had worked under him at you know, we had Mob Deep and so he called me and he was like, yo, you come work for me. And I was like, I said, I come work with you. But I said, I said, it got to be a serious situation, like normal. So he gave me a production deal. He's like, yo, I said, I got this artists kid fabrious.
Speaker 2: I wan sign that. You want to sign him. I'm like yeah, are you sure? I'm like yeah. So he's all right, bet.
Speaker 8: So they did the whole deal, production deal, vice president A and R that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. After I left for lecture.
Speaker 8: Yeah no, no, no, afterwards, lecture was afterwards after that was the first was.
Speaker 2: First and then and then we left. Uh, we left over there.
Speaker 5: So why do you think it's a lot of New York artists that have a lot of problems with in the Scope because it's in the scope primarily based in Los Angeles and West Coast.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you think that's the problem.
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes that three hours off could be a difference.
Speaker 8: You know what we had, We had an arm but we had a movement with the East coast offers though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They had just signed Howard come from their West Coast, and Jimmy I being.
Speaker 8: Living on the West they had just signed eminem cool and they had just signed Emine just signed.
Speaker 2: They forgot about you. They keep it, they keep let's keep it real cool. They would have forgot about everybody. Listen, listen said they just signed him though.
Speaker 8: Jimmy Ivean's nephew, DJ was my internal get the fun, that's my intern brow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So they had Swain Sway had album, swin Tech had an accompilation.
Speaker 2: They was just working on. They working on Doctor Dre you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I was in in those meetings too, you know, what I mean when I mean when I heard that album, you know, I was like, I was album album and I know, I know when I heard that Eminem my name is, I knew that.
Speaker 2: Was gonna be one of them joints. He was white off top. We got this.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I first heard the record and I was like, have you never seen him before?
Speaker 5: No, I heard the record prior to me seeing Eminem, So I had no idea, like when I seen the videos like oh ship, like because.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought black as you know what I'm saying. It's just a funny dude. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But so now your experiences, so now you was around Rockefeller when the Rockefeller.
Speaker 8: Was, they were the Dame and Jay, Right, did you did you see that come in that that that they would eventually break out ways? I mean you could in the beginning though, right, No, not to be in the beginning everything was smooth, but you could tell, like you know, there was little tensions here and there, little fires had to get put out.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I mean, And that goes with any situation when you have you know, people in power, and you know, people start butting heads and this person's in charge, that this president's in charge, of that Jay. Back then, Jay was kind of more in artist mold, but he still would like, you know, have his input and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But Dame was more intent, like even was signing me.
Speaker 8: Dame was more instrumental and signing you know me and yay, and you know that was really he was doing.
Speaker 2: And Jay was like, all right, cool to do it. That's after the words.
Speaker 5: But again, did you now later on, when when did you first start seeing that this this ship might just stop.
Speaker 2: I think I think I heard about it.
Speaker 8: When when I when I think with the whole, I think Dame made Cameron the president and something like, I think that's what the whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seemed like it from the outside, and I.
Speaker 8: Was kind of like I was kind of like I didn't. I didn't understand that, Like I mean me personally, I know, I know it was James Dan Big So when they make an artist, I was like, cool. I mean, I understand the move. Cam was hottest firing, So I'm like, I understand the move. But in my mind I'm thinking, like it's Jay gonna understand the move because Jay's artists too, you know what I mean. It's at the same time, it's like you know, but why bleak right? I mean, I mean, I mean, well, listen, you know Cam and Cameron and the Dips.
Speaker 2: They was signing the rock for the time, so you know what I mean. It was It was cool. It's a family.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, I'm thinking in my head and I know how Jay think. I'm thinking, like, Yo, it might be you know, a little bit of turmoil there with that situation. Who knows, but you know, I send back watching you know, grabb my popcorn and your opinion.
Speaker 2: When you see that, you was like, something's wrong. I ain't think something was wrong.
Speaker 8: I just knew that something would be wrong later internally with the.
Speaker 2: Can because I don't know how some tension was built.
Speaker 8: I felt like that, you know what I mean, because you know, usually Jay would like you know, if something happened, he would, you know, back then, he would get on his two way.
Speaker 2: And you know, talking about it. You know what I mean. You used to have mad two way beats, Tomber.
Speaker 8: You don't remember that he used to have mad beats on your two what's up with darl dar chilling?
Speaker 2: Chilling?
Speaker 8: A matter of fact, if you go out that money from it, he got a record that he maxing for me right now.
Speaker 2: So he's still mixing records. Of course they haven't. They're getting a lot of money. That makes a nart jog.
Speaker 8: Now about probably about twenty to thirty Grammys from mixing record. I've never been nominated for a Grammy. That's why we're doing all on Awards Show of the Year category.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 8: We got cigarette Nigga of the Yeah, we got the foulest Nigga of the Year.
Speaker 5: We got the pettiest nigga the year. You know, I got fifty cent up in there. I got me up in there. Who else is petty? I got Drake up in there? Drake, he's definitely. He's definitely that big for having pettiness. And so yeah, we're doing ship like that.
Speaker 2: The clue.
Speaker 8: You've been down with. You've seen bad Boy era, you seen the Rockefeller era, you seem the cash Money era. Is any era right now that exists that's brand new to think like you that that it could emulate that these moments.
Speaker 2: Can we have other great moments in music? Again, Oh, this is just business now.
Speaker 8: It's tough now, man, because it's different now nowadays, you could you could put out a song and in five seconds is everywhere in the world. Back then, when I had an exclusive government, Yeah I had exclusive coming man, Like they'd be like, yo, man, it's what's to say Friday, Man, it's gonna be there Thursday.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm paying the extra money to get it to you, and you know it takes even if it's gonna get to you in a couple of days, you know what I'm saying. Now it's like you press the button even by accident, the whole internet got it.
Speaker 2: So it's different that And I just feel like there's no unity in mom.
Speaker 8: I think it's it's all a big competition there and it's because everybody's looking in and not talk about this all the time. With social media, I feel like social media has made the world some much smaller.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean. I feel like with everything, like.
Speaker 8: If you even think about relationships, you see less people getting married, you see more divorce. Us is because everyone feels like there's more options out there, you know what I mean. And the same thing with music, you know what I mean, Like one second the love you, two months later like they're not even paying attention to Yeah, now music is an unloyal business. Yeah, definitely very unloyal come back business. So, now, from a DJ's perspective, how crazy is it when a person send.
Speaker 2: You a record and you hate it. I mean, you know me a long time. You know how I play. Right now, I know what you got to tell them. You got to tell these keep it up. I keep it a bumpet you Yo, I need something else. I don't care.
Speaker 8: I don't care how you think it is. I don't care if you got every high wrapp in America on it. If it ain't it, I'm gonna tell you about the gate it.
Speaker 2: This ain't the one. And I've had to I mean I've had to sell I don't say, come on, you gotta drink.
Speaker 5: Bey on here, lip man. We have in bey on here, lip Man, drink your drink. We got graphic here.
Speaker 2: He's God damn it. I had to tell a couple people are like, yo, man, I don't know. This is recking? Is definitely is that the mixtape? Or is that when you're on the radio.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean, I mean both. If I'm on the radio and you know I've been wrong, but I've been right about ninety seven percent the time Neighbor record, you was wrong about records. Slept On, Yeah, slept On I'm thinking good. I don't think of a good record slipt On line like I mean, I mean even recently, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't really like the the Usher, No little record I thrown. I thought, No, that'stally hard clue buggy, I know. I mean, I hope that's not the way it sounds. Listen every record, but just the way every record sounds to me, brother, I mean, mumble with them niggas, mumbo rap job. I mean, I played it because people liked it. But at the same time, I don't think seven years from now people gonna play the record. Five years from now people can play the record. But that's how I judge my record. I jump my records. Is He's gonna be a classic? Yeah, But I think I think, I think, I think you're right. But at the same time, I think people are making disposable music now. Like I remember back then, it might have made a problem. We used to make starts, That's that's real problem. Star text used to last forever.
Speaker 5: But right now iPhone a Samsung blow up and blow up on you, nigga. You know what I'm saying. So people are making disposable ship. Like right now, I can just star Tech wouldn't break star Tech that ship for all?
Speaker 2: That's it. It's handy I phone right now. In my case, maga is over. But you guys, when people making music, but you're gonna understand what that does.
Speaker 8: To you as an artist and you start put if you start putting out dilated it's like if you put that work exactly diluted work, the fiends is gonna catch you on at a minute.
Speaker 5: Even everybody has dilated work, dilated people.
Speaker 2: I can't say every I can't say everybody, but.
Speaker 5: Let's say that. Let's say that like eighty five percent people have dilated work. It's kind of like, why not have the same ship I'm talking about for artists, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to make dilate.
Speaker 8: If I'm an artist and I'm gonna hop on a record, that's for the moment. I'm gonna hop on somebody else's record that they're doing and put a verse one.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna record put my name on it. Yeah, And it's the difference between a career. In a moment you think about that, Yeah, you're a fab said right, No can tell me what he said? What he said? He said, right now, get you the m v P long div gets you the Hall of Fame. You know what I mean? Right now? What's going on? You keep looking at masks something like that.
Speaker 4: It went something like that, is that it's like the Illuminatis here luminazis.
Speaker 2: How did you? How did you come over that cluminati? Yo? Man? I just first of all, do they think you're in an illuminati right now? I mean people ask me that but had nothing to do that. You've been an Illuminati for years? Cool, let's just do it. How many years he's going d regularly? People always ask me that.
Speaker 8: But now, man, I got the name clude from I always like the board game when I was young, you know what I mean, Clue the boy get and being I wanted to be behind the scenes. When I first drive my first mixtape, I had to name on that know who you were?
Speaker 2: People? I made it make sense.
Speaker 8: We gotta get something, we gotta get. I'm gonna get you some bill for the Drink Champ show.
Speaker 5: Bring us about that road from the Refrigerator brings about that roads.
Speaker 2: You know most.
Speaker 5: My family, you know family, young sav Ricky Rose. So let me say you want it by Soroka and Bela.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm not fucking with you no more. I mean, I mean, I drink it, but I'm not I'm not no more. What hell? Because MV said the same thing, let's get into this rock? Are you about to be?
Speaker 8: I don't know if they called me and we talked about it, so I kind of switch early.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you man, appreciate her. I had. I had some conversations with some of the fifty people about doing some stuff.
Speaker 8: But I think I think being at, you know, being at I'm already you know, down with bell A kind of so what happened? You was down with the rock, but you're not working with them no more? What's the issue to let's get to it?
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 8: I mean, as far as I heard, like it was a lot of there's a lot of controversy. And when I was actually you know, promoting to rock Ace of Spades and Belle at.
Speaker 2: The same time, goddamn it, clu some noise clue getting that money got damn. That's what we do. We're sponsoring everybody. You should have seen. I means made.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were you know, they was they would coming to be like you know what I mean, like not not puff, but you know some of the people who worked for you know, around them, was like, yo, you're kind of posting a spades a lot man Like it was something like, you know, a space is giving off that we did not know. We need to We need to you know, we need the rock looks to be dominating, you know what I mean. So I guess when it came around for that renewal a couple of years later, they was kind of like.
Speaker 2: Yo, they did.
Speaker 8: We don't think we got it in the budget. They told us something about the budget. Today we are finding out I'm such a fu verse.
Speaker 2: It's somebody give me a cuppany a different color.
Speaker 8: So now, but the bell A people, they straight you're saying, yeah, there is cool bell and you out. I've been, I've been, I've been with Bella. Is the start I mean like the start, I mean like incubation stage. So I start so like you know, picking the colors the bottle. That's the feing that now bell and BELLI and wingstop sounds like a great comber.
Speaker 2: They shown to me, you get the wingstop, stupid, we gotta do the wings stop one and one. You see, that's the first thing he said to me, that was their fault, though.
Speaker 8: I know it was.
Speaker 2: And then the hurricane we got the hurricanes, it was the hurricane fault.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're ready to go back and do the store. So come over here real quick. Let's have a queen's moment right now.
Speaker 2: Michael, go over there. I might go over there, my brother. Yeah, sit down. You know Graph right a long time, y'all goo from Jamaica.
Speaker 8: You know how I break down Queens buses and trains Like there's a.
Speaker 2: You heard me say this before. Oh, this is how I break down Queens.
Speaker 5: It's like buses and trains sections left fright, Queensbridge, Ravenswood, the Historia, what side. You can all get through the trains, then it's the buses, the bus Elmhurst you get through and train, but but it's busses too.
Speaker 2: But then once you hit Parsons, Boulevards all trains.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so y'all agree with me. I'm bugging out because I'm retarded. You know, I'm just like I look at everything in a different way.
Speaker 2: You understand I'm saying you color blind? Yes I am. I'm all like point Yeah, So Graph, what's going on? Talk to the people, man, and you should working my ass off.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be here with your niggas. Man, it's the look the clues to loo to you. Of course, if fan you're around when I get that. Were you around when the clue tapes was crazy? I was young, but I was around for the way we was really chasing them. I learned this in Paris. This called p yeah, like back back then.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, Garson, I don't even know what that means, but it's ound fly.
Speaker 2: I mean too much food. I don't worry about it. I learned this in France.
Speaker 7: Come on, yeah, fact now the clue tapes was what it was back then. That's that's how niggas is getting exclusive music for sure, for.
Speaker 8: Sure sure ship now telling people where you're from in Queens, so everybody know, I'm.
Speaker 7: From Jamaica, man, away from Rosdale in Jamaica, like really like fotch you.
Speaker 2: And Merrick, you know what I'm saying. And then where are you from the Queens? Tell these niggas speaking Springfield and Murder, tell them where you from.
Speaker 1: Left?
Speaker 8: Ask me you know what I just want to say, something like I'll be I'll be slacking a little bit on the left, frank shots.
Speaker 2: It's not on purpose, though, because I don't be over there checking y'all no more, because I'm not there, all right.
Speaker 5: I used to be over there, you know what I mean. He used to come to my career, come pick me up, come vegging freestyle. You know, listen, clue, man, in case I never told you, Man, I appreciate everything we did on the come up, and you know, for you to continue doing what we're doing, for me to continue doing what we're doing, I just feel like, you know we I know we're both proud of each other every time we see each other. We asked, we asked, you know who's drinking, who's drinking? What your grap for drinking? Some mom Rose drinking?
Speaker 3: Drinking about this was better drink both. Chase, he didn't drink all the time.
Speaker 8: Came, he made a Jeffrey, he took we had man, he bottle and put it all in one drink and drink it and then crazy a lie your man puff he's savage with man.
Speaker 2: Because clue, you've been partying all over the world. Who who's the.
Speaker 5: One person you see that you don't want to party with because they take you too far.
Speaker 8: Artists wise, It don't matter whichever the artists. What comes to mind? For remember man Big Scotty Scott the animal, Yeah Scott, he gets super wasted, super weight, he dream the Scott, that animal.
Speaker 5: He's a team wats to seem captain? Okay, grab how about you? Who's one nigga that you? It's like, damn, this nigga's too crazy. I'm the niggas from my hood.
Speaker 7: Really like a couple niggas I be around to get sub ways that they want to shout them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want to. One of my niggas l he get crazy. He get crazy.
Speaker 7: He used to want to get drunk and rob niggas and fighting. He's the one to rob niggas. ILL be around like rab niggas. I know what's changed, Like nigga know you like I'll be in the spot with it. I say, I don't want to call niggas names. Who's who's he's looking at I supposed to have.
Speaker 8: I don't even bring the niggas around because I don't want to get in situations.
Speaker 2: Exactly my nigga down. It don't need to be handy, you know, like certain niggas.
Speaker 7: I don't bring around no more because you know not how to act now like like like I got a couple that's a drink chance, a couple of niggas andigas have to get throw under the bus. But in general, I remember there's two rappers of particular that always to be around, and when I'm in the club with them, they be sauty on the block and he'll call.
Speaker 2: My phone like yo, when you get there, I'm just gonna come in there.
Speaker 7: We got to know the together. So let's say one rapper is over there, once over here, so I'm gonna come in the spot. I'm gonna do a bottle of that nigga, and everybody looking there, I'm putting the gun right in the strategy. I'm like drunk strategy. As soon I'm in the spot, my phone is all few staying in the hood forever. I'm not bringing you nigga like drink there, nigga, So look check it.
Speaker 2: We just had Jada kiss on here right and me and the kiss and EFN.
Speaker 5: Spoke about like the beef now right, like the things is happening in the hip hop now, So I asked Jada, I said, but when you was warring with like you know, state property and state property, you know whatever. And he said, he said, although you know it's beef now, He's like, but back then it was like realer, even.
Speaker 2: Though like nope, nothing got into physical. Do you agree with that? Like what shit was happening in the nineties the early two thousand.
Speaker 8: I don't see so much so much shit pop off, like I mean, look, not for nothing.
Speaker 2: I was there when when the biggie shit popped.
Speaker 8: Off in Las Yeah, I was. I was like, they wasn't come out to party all weekend. And then I just seen it was like about probably about one thirties, about half an hour left in the party. What about one forty? I see season big pull up in the party. I'm like, all right, cool, like you know what I thought you wasn't coming out, No, no, came to chill for a couple minutes.
Speaker 2: This the Vibe party, Yeah, Vibe party.
Speaker 8: And then and then Big and seas like, yo, we're doing We're doing a barbecue mall.
Speaker 2: We want your DJ.
Speaker 8: I said, all right, cool, I'm power so me me being me. You know, I'm from from Queens, from you know, from the hood. I'm like, yo, it's getting late. I'm gonna get out of here because we got to we get a mansion. Party of was throwing track masters, big up track Master.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I had I had broke out. I had to.
Speaker 8: I had the new the new Ben's drop top I have rented, and I thought I was doing something, you know what I mean, And I said, let me get out of here. Man, you know it's too much going on. Let me get out of here. So I hopped in the car and left and I got a call like about half an hour and I was like, Yo, biggie got shot.
Speaker 2: I'm damn.
Speaker 8: I'm like, we're Or when you said everyb it popped off, I'm thinking you saying like when the beef started, you said he happened.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 8: I was at the actual party. Yeah, man, So then I heard that, and then I end up it was true or not, you know what I mean? You could have been room. I wasn't truing that. So I was in. It was all in the in the house party. It was like, uh, it was like the locks Mary Leah, like a bunch of people and you know what I mean, the party was about to be lit.
Speaker 4: The house party is you never would have thought from the party vibe that something was gonna pop.
Speaker 8: And then we got to call it, yo, big Diamond, damn, like, get the funk out of here. So I told I told Chris Lighty uh you know. Yeah, the word started going around and everyone like, yo, man, we get out of here, man Wilson train.
Speaker 2: In case I don't notice that Elliott Wilson. Every time it gets a good story popping.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as soon as you get into right now, Helly is working over time, right, you keep it continue?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, yeah, so yeah, we heard about it. Now.
Speaker 8: We were just like, you know what I mean, I called Seas, gave him my codon says, and I'm like, yo, I was trying to find the first flight out.
Speaker 2: Of there, right light like with that whole East coach around that time.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna lie. Around that time, it was nervous going to l A Like. It was just nervous al right. Literally when we was in the mall, right, because I had went to the mall with Nas, right and remember Nas.
Speaker 2: And Big wasn't speaking at the time, right exactly. So I go to the mall with Nas and it's ok.
Speaker 8: In Macy's went i'ment Nas and I see bigger them you know me and bigging them is cool and you know the rock So I say it was something in Nass kind of kept walking. He wasn't really speaking them and it was like little kids in there, and he was like throwing them gangs signs and big.
Speaker 2: Like yo, what's side side like going crazy? Yeah? But nothing nos nah wow nah.
Speaker 8: So it was it was kind of awkward, but at the same time, it was like, you know, I wasn't really thinking too much other I didn't know how serious it was until the incident happened.
Speaker 2: You know, that's cursing piece of the big ye. So does Clue like streaming but music streaming? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yo, man, Clue just just built a uh five a five thousand foot facility in Houston. I'm actually going into Marrows for Clue Radio, so you're gonna hear about that.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna I tell you how to talk to you is We're gonna tell radio, the Clue Radio, even over no.
Speaker 3: Video.
Speaker 2: It's a whole separate entity, man, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I got the Clue Radio app coming out real soon, So you're gonna you're gonna hear about that.
Speaker 2: That's all. It's all dream chats.
Speaker 8: You know, we support our artists, we support our legends over here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So you got the Clue app. Yeah, the Clue radio app. It's gonna be the website.
Speaker 8: It's it's gonna be serious. It's gonna be serious, bro. Trust so and is it gonna be music there?
Speaker 2: So it sounds like a platform.
Speaker 8: I don't want to give you too much info, but I will come back to the drink drink chances and lunch.
Speaker 2: I will come back and I will give you the whole rundown. It's Clue doing another album. I actually I actually have an EP done. I gotta EP done. That's what's up. You know what I mean. I gotta, I gotta. I gotta tell yous mixing a single for me. I miss you.
Speaker 8: I got a joy with with recipest drink with chinks. Lil Wayne implies, I'm about to put out Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's fire too, EIoT working over time. You got you gotta let him left? Yeah, So now you produce a classic record for me that people always like. I swear to God, this body in the trump and then it's at star log up. People will always be like, yo, he ain't shoot a video to that because in that record, I say I'm in Miami, like that's like my first time in Miami.
Speaker 2: And I said that on the record, Like how did that come about?
Speaker 8: I know how it came about. So what I'm saying, I mean, I know he's not a luck guy. I know he's in the studio. And that's that's when you was. You was like, damn it, the Neptune's artist. Yeah, I think I think we was in I think he was in right track in the basement, and you're to play some beats, and so we started, we started going through some beats and you know what I mean, and the whole vibe came out. I said, we need to make it something with the Spanish that you like, let's do something with the Spanish.
Speaker 2: That's that's why he looked.
Speaker 5: Like, that's that's not really Latino right there, like you gotta stab both come on and you know better since since the Great Goose Days.
Speaker 2: But ahead, Yeah, So I mean, here's how the record came about.
Speaker 8: Man, that's that's that's definitely a classic joint though, the classic joint.
Speaker 5: That's one of the two most requested, like because you know, that's what we're trying to do like, I don't really want to record new music, but if I record new music, don't be mad at me.
Speaker 8: But right now, a chance I got EP done too, Big Justice League. We got a whole EP done. But now I'm chilling, you know what I'm saying. But if I was to do I wanted, I would like to do a Body in the Trunk video. That's crazy, you know what I'm saying. But I'm talking about uh like new style, but it would be the same what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And can we get debuted on Clue Radio? That means this platform?
Speaker 9: Also does we already know that breaking story breaking stories ahead?
Speaker 8: That's all, But listen, I was just gonna claim the freestyles you did over the dre beats, Remember those freestyles.
Speaker 2: Give a nigga two way he thinks he sees yo yo, clue man ain't front.
Speaker 5: I had to tell us to envy yo y'all single handedly was like because I got to see y'all work, see the thing about it.
Speaker 8: And you know EM's from my block, right he literally lives six houses up on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the street.
Speaker 8: Literally, But that was the crazy ship was to me see y'all work, like to see y'all go in any hood and go grab Remember there's no email back then, so to get exclusive whatever physically, go and see people I used to have, like you know, dis Effects Mace.
Speaker 2: He's come of my mom's basement of recording. It's like, you know, it is what it is?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like anywhere Keith Murray? I mean, I mean jay Z practice for his first show in my basement.
Speaker 7: Ear like us, Come on all that ship, y'all are such a part of like hip hop fiber like this is crazy fibers hell. I don't know what technically, what it means, what you makes?
Speaker 8: That was if anyone right now can name the ship who sung the hook, ain't no nigga. We need to get We need to give him up, give wait, hold on home. This is fucking me up now because I'll be swearing story.
Speaker 2: Because she can't cry too. It was it was hunting. I don't even know how we got ass here? How is it it sound? Google that ship don't even know I.
Speaker 8: Google might not even know that one man. I ain't gonna lie Google that. That's a good one, yo.
Speaker 2: You know he said she went to the crib.
Speaker 5: Goog ain't gonna trust me as Google don't work Wikipedia. She is Wikipedia that whatever she's doing their life, she's somewhere saying.
Speaker 2: That was me. That's a fact. She was definitely using that card. You have to come on. That was like the first breakout record for jay Zon.
Speaker 4: What was what was?
Speaker 2: What do you think was your biggest record that you have? See it depends on the doug it's super dog sometimes as far as bringing you to the world super that would be the biggest record.
Speaker 5: No, the first record, Yeah, the first SOB Records, first crossover record.
Speaker 2: That definitely a super police was on that, right, No, what's not coast? Who's damn? You're trying to put me under the shed. But I was trying to keep it, didn't you say that? She sang that part. No, that's not the lease. That is not I'm listening to that watch. It wasn't Tammy Lucas either, Right, was Tammy Lucas? Damn? I don't know. I'm with like you, we don't find out Probably the same. Ain't no record. I wanted to know.
Speaker 8: It was you smoke a wall grond the grass graph over here, drinking brown.
Speaker 2: I'm I paid myself. I know what's how It's going on itself.
Speaker 5: Now when you come to when you come to Miami, do you do you play Miami Records or or you say, you know what?
Speaker 2: I'm much they here for me because I'm from New York.
Speaker 8: I mean I think as a DJ who traveled around the country, I think I'm well rounded.
Speaker 2: So you know what I mean. I think I play a little bit of everything.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean, because like I was probably the first DJ, like I say, who was playing South music in New York, Like when I first started playing Cash Money Records, and everyone's like, yo, who that man?
Speaker 2: Like Yore, why are you playing that? While you playing while you're playing Juvenile High?
Speaker 8: What is what is that?
Speaker 2: I was playing Blame Blaine and I played High And then I told Jay about it. That's how Ja. I told Ja about it and he was kind of sleeping on it. Then we was on promo. We went to Atlanta and he heard it on the radio and seen it in the club.
Speaker 8: He was like, Yo, I need get on that nigga.
Speaker 2: Niggah.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was the nigga that put niggas on the hut because I had I had went to New Orleans, like for a Spanish party.
Speaker 2: Which was very awkward. And I came back to New York and I was like, I did. Angie Martinez kept saying that, and then you knew what then I was talking about. I even know his name. I can't be like, yo, that's the nigga drewn that I just like, that's all I knew want to be high. I always know.
Speaker 8: I always knew to me, I always thought Wayne was going to be You knew Wayne was going to be the student because I had all of them on a record in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Melvin Flint out, Yeah, I had the whole cas Well, Yeah, I had the.
Speaker 8: Whole because I had We was doing Fab album on and I had and they asked me which you artists I wanted to do record with? I had an old cash I still got. I still got the record with him and Wayne.
Speaker 2: I heard Fab saying that, yeah, used the record, Yeah, ain't.
Speaker 8: We didn't finish the record. But I actually, you know, man, Fact had actually cut a check for that.
Speaker 2: I cut.
Speaker 8: I mean I cut because Baby was like, listen, if you want single rights and video rights, let.
Speaker 2: Me know now.
Speaker 8: So we cut the whole deal, single rights, album rights in the video game.
Speaker 5: I cut the check, but we never anything and that record with that record doesn't exist. Right now, can you use your drop? Let's be playing on the podcasts me and ready to ready to go the.
Speaker 2: Podcast right now. It's still in my crib on a cassette. We can play. I still got it heard, I got listen.
Speaker 8: I got a bunch of records like that. I got like, I got Whu Tang records, I got NAS records.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Nigga records, real full flooded records that never been heard.
Speaker 7: What was the reason you never put them out? You're the only nigga with him. You've saved too many of them.
Speaker 8: Probably that's why I'm so I'm so respectful of mine.
Speaker 2: You know what I meant? You were the doctor Dre type, like perfectionists. Some of these wasn't right. First of all, let's be clear.
Speaker 8: When Dre was working on this album and he was supposed to put out the details, but I heard about four records.
Speaker 2: Fire.
Speaker 8: He got a record with Loe Wayne and Meek Miller. That's so fire. He got a record when married, that's so fire. But you probably you probably ain't never gonna hate these records, but he got it. Don't think don't think he ain't got him, because he.
Speaker 2: Got him. He got he got heard.
Speaker 8: And I want to say I heard those about three to four years ago. Maybe that's crazy, so they existed.
Speaker 2: He got him.
Speaker 8: Dre put out that detas now the way y'all feel hip hop is going now, like at this point, at this point to the sewer, you don't be political. I mean, I mean, like I said, with the with the age of the internet, man, it's like it's it's hard, man, It's a hard thing.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm trying.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to I'm trying to actually feel it out and see, you know where it's going. But it's within the last two years, been a lot of one hit wonders.
Speaker 2: You know what happens. Though, I think a lot of niggas just never learned.
Speaker 7: Like I like all wrap that's out, I'm a fan of all types of ship, but I think a lot of all that stu are out now never really learned how to rap like this, Like it's like a sport to me. So it's like if you play basketball, you watch the players before you you know what a I was doing, you know what the Jordan was doing before you went to the league. Same thing in boxing. You watch the tapes, you know how you learned your moves from fucking Tyson too somebody.
Speaker 2: But it's what you're.
Speaker 5: Saying coming from a livercist perspective, from a lyricy and like a fan because because what you're saying is our generation dropped them all.
Speaker 2: Then I.
Speaker 8: Think, I think the waves could catch you and bring and bring you to a point. But can you consistently stay on top of the wave?
Speaker 2: Right? That's what it is.
Speaker 8: You know, like you might get a record and it could be the highest record out of the time, whatever whatever, But can you stay afloat, stay on the wave and ride the wave?
Speaker 2: But what is the wave now?
Speaker 4: Because now there's artists to find their audience online and it's got hundreds of thousands of followers and they do festivals or concerts or whatever shows and nobody even heard of that artist and they have It's a different what's quote unquote The wave is different now because of the Internet and the way that people get to there and the fans.
Speaker 8: And I always I always talk about this all the time to this day, and I say, like, you can't you can't blame the kids of this age for liking the stuff that they like, you know what I mean, like, because it's what they know. What we know is what we know, and what they know is what they know. They can only they can only know what they've heard. They can't they can't.
Speaker 2: Relive our moment. Obviously, they'll live in their moment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So they hear some ship, you know what I mean, that they like, and then their little kids and they like away until we dance and we're doing this.
Speaker 2: You can't get mad at that.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, you know you probably being you, being from our raa, you're not gonna expect it the same, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like when we came up, if you.
Speaker 8: Had an album and you was rapping on there, it stayed on the shelf, you know what I mean. Nowadays, if you hear a record and the ship's hot and you could download and you ain't gotta pay for it and you could dance on the club, you cool with it. But if you brought an album back then and it had only two hot songs on it, you felt you got jerk. You want to take it back. So's it's different, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But you know what not saying on time of that because I'm fan of most most of the like a lot of news that it's out now, mama rap whatever fun niggas on the court, I still ride thro the shit because niggas got dope melodies, dope beats, and.
Speaker 2: The records in general the dope.
Speaker 7: But no matter what genre or rap you do, in my opinion, they put a beat on, you should know how to fucking spit the verse, they take the beat off, you should know how to spit a verse period. Did you know the basics and any craft you're doing if you would fucking work for ups? No, how to grab that fucking package and drop it off with our shadows.
Speaker 2: In that ship? You got to know the basics, you know what I'm saying in my opinion.
Speaker 7: And some niggas I think kind of got over with it and got lucky, I would say, and not even learn the basics of the ship. And it's like the only sport you could do that in, you know what I'm saying. So that's the only part I'll be like this.
Speaker 8: It's only a matter of time before you get exposed though, So it's like, you know, it's like anything.
Speaker 7: Else true, but you can still win up to being exposed in the sport because no is the rules don't matter no more. There's no like respect for the art of it.
Speaker 8: You could, you could, You could knock out a top box with a lucky punch. Yeah, you know what I mean. It don't mean you're gonna be able to get in the ring consistently exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that you know what I mean, it's got real hip hop right now, I liked it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think sometimes we honestly underestimate some of the young cats because it's so many of them and they have their own audience. Like for example, I'm gonna give you an example. For a long time, nobody paid attention to Kendrick. I heard about early early Yeah mixtapes early, and eventually that what he did because of the quality, it rose, It rose, you know what I'm saying. And the people was underestimating the youth following that lyrical movement, and they did.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He found his audience and the audience obviously was bigger than life, you know what I'm saying. And there's a lot of artists like that, like a Joey Badass too. In Miami, we got Denzel Curry. But for example, it's like you might ask someone next to you, do you know who this is? They do not know who that artist is because of the landscape of music is so broad. The Internet allows you to have a lane that you have hundreds of thousands of listeners and fans, but the next guy next to you doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 2: And that's where we're at now. It's like a weird space, right, Definitely, definitely.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. Space is crazy. Listen, man, I think hip hop. I think hip hop is.
Speaker 2: A vehicle for you to, you know, get your feed in and do something else. Yeah, I agree with that. If hip hop is your only hustle, it's you're not doing the best thing in life.
Speaker 5: Because that's that's why at the beginning when they said, uh, sometimes a rap game or mine made of the crack game, that was then because it can actually financially equal that.
Speaker 2: Now it's not you do what you want. But if you're hustle smart, you can hustle rap right in this game. You gotta be a hustle. You got to have multiple hustles, diversify. You can't put all your I tell people all the time, you can't put your eggs in one basket, all right, now, you can't. I learned that from watching your niggas.
Speaker 7: I mean watch I watched Swizz one time at the fucking video shoot. He had like at least Keys on the record and Little Wayne on the record and mad niggas. But then I've seen hell of sponsors of the video shoots. Monster and his drinker was this.
Speaker 2: It was that. I was like, Oh, this nig of it was bigger Monster Energy drink. Yeah they provided yeah energy left telling them, come on, come on, tell them, come ahead, tell them I'm not drunking this episode. Who got a cigar? Yeah, you gotta bedeem itself? Who got cigars? Clue broke down that real DJ history back then.
Speaker 8: Ship, So was that considered legal tender when y'all did like the mixtapes?
Speaker 2: Was it claiming like you can't claim like an album like no, no, that that's like selling drugs straight.
Speaker 4: Up nowhere, straight up they created y'all like that. Yeah, the dude, I told him. Ark Firman, He's from Miami. He had the distribution mixtape distribute called hip Hop Connection. He was one of the biggest mixtape distributors in the world. He got raided by the fat They rated him like he was a KAA.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: A couple a couple of peopleho got raided.
Speaker 8: He was one.
Speaker 2: There's another dude.
Speaker 8: Who was just he was just. He wasn't even selling ship, he was just downloading videos and songs, defetuated his credit, took on his computers, his famous computers.
Speaker 2: It was ugly, man, Yeah it was.
Speaker 8: And then when I when I seen when I seen, you know, they raided Drama and they had the bes on flat bags, and I was like, damn, Yeah, it's a bad feeling.
Speaker 2: Man, believe it. In the other mixtapes, some real ship had someboke over there, ball come over. The nigga got you got the permits out.
Speaker 8: All Puerto Ricans going at port Ricans right now.
Speaker 5: And you Panamanian clude not all fully Panamania a half half and half blast that.
Speaker 2: It makes you make make it. This nigga is an island up. That's big off. That's big up for him.
Speaker 4: Learn how to sign the rock, you know what I mean, let's make that up you're making.
Speaker 2: You just learned how to wear socks. It's just just keep it real skin what's going on? He crack, what's going on? You know? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, little clue. You know how legendary this nigga is. We were just making were jumping in cat yeah yeah, moving in the middle that some all you can eat. We were just North Carolina, right, yeah, what we were saying. We had some weird ship go corround around. Get that's on the who. We had to get some to eat real go to the We did it. We did a dope.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 2: That's what up.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 5: Listen man, I just want the people to know that we do this shit for real. Hip hop, every other genre of music, they support their legends and it's a platform to support their legends.
Speaker 2: A lot of people ask us a lot.
Speaker 8: Of times while we don't interview the new niggas, and we have nothing but love for the new niggas.
Speaker 2: I've never said anything bad about any one of them. It don't matter.
Speaker 8: But I want to continue to support my culture, which I know, which EFN knows.
Speaker 2: People who put in work, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Some people who made millions, some people who made ten thousand, some people who made hundred thousand years.
Speaker 5: We don't care. We want to keep our culture pushing. We don't want to kill our legends overhead at drink Champs.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. So and these stories, the stories going. Clue Clue went in. He ain't finished his drink, but he went in, come on finishing, ain't drinking. I've never seen his drink. Drink drink and Clue you a basketball nigga. Yeah, actually was trying to play ball today, man, Like, did you play ball? No? No, no, we're trying to play ball today. Like, I'm serious with your ball game. I stayed in the g W man, my kid. They got a.
Speaker 8: Court on the nineteenth floor, but it was tied up today.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: We couldn't even play today. Man, But someone rose right he finished, Come on, I p crack cocaine. So y'all was on tour together, Pete Crack.
Speaker 2: With you on the tour with Clute. Nah, I can't too late. He was way too I was. I was going back. Youre using a rock my tour right, yeah? I was. Yeah, I got that tell using over the tour you went on, Clue gone, Yeah, to be honest, you I only even went on two tours. I went on tour with.
Speaker 8: To Harden My Life tour and I went on to Mariah Cabrey in the second time.
Speaker 2: I tried to say that hold on that ship.
Speaker 8: It was man, I was really trying to focus on my radio ship.
Speaker 2: So he's still I was a home girl too.
Speaker 8: That's the day the second tour I put one on because I was like, you know, I couldn't. I didn't want to do every day, So I started putting him on with that. And now now he's on with her full time. He's doing step and all that. Yeah, yeah, you're putting I like, I like, I like listen, that's what you're supposed to do, though, no hate put your people in. Oh man, that was hard. So listen, this is we're going to do. We're gonna go to the story tonight. We don't know when we're gonna drop this, and we're gonna drop I think it's dropping May week, like Monday next week.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, this week coming.
Speaker 8: Up Wednesday, Monday and Wednesday, you know something like that. I want to big up all the podcasts out there. Before big up all the podcasts, want a big up our own crew.
Speaker 2: How's it is sound? Who got the biggest podcast out there? Come on list? That was a secuay for you to biggest so far that you did. I was, oh, yeah, we did two point two million.
Speaker 5: Yeah technically, technically, technically we're being like some radio stations, because some radio stations only.
Speaker 2: Do I'm not gonna lie my niggas hate. I'm happy for y'all. Man, right, thank you, because nigga don't want to be out.
Speaker 8: But you know, we're having fun. At All we're doing is celebrating hip hop.
Speaker 5: So everybody should be a part of this, every station, every people, because you all got history and listen and you know, and big up to the people who be hitting us saying, yo, you know I want to do it when I got something going on.
Speaker 8: It ain't about that. It's about sit down and talk about you and then maybe whatever you're doing you got going on, maybe you'll help it, you know what I'm saying, Like, we don't know, Like so next uh coming up? You know, Gez be dropping our episode with Giz on day.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 8: It's okay, We're letting Jesus episode our Giz's day.
Speaker 2: Because I had to think like a promotional guy. I had to think like an artist.
Speaker 8: I'm like, if I have if we have this platform, and it's supposedly is as big as it is. Why wouldn't we help the artists? Of course it's trying, that's what so Gez, we're supporting you fully.
Speaker 2: He asked me. You know death, jam ain't call us. There's no pola like this is. You know what I'm saying. Keeping it in the honey Jesz came in, kept it really drink on. He sweated like Sonny d d and had fun with us.
Speaker 8: He had fun with g last night, him and Davies. They came through the aces and aces.
Speaker 2: And turned on in New York. Good dude, man, it was a good show.
Speaker 8: The fan blew about thirty thousand sames.
Speaker 2: I should have when you should have asked him.
Speaker 8: You have you have to drink cans, gotta come through the aces.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You running, You run the ass. They got a spade in it. Whatever you need, you can tell he run it. Whatever you need. Make sure you do worry about that.
Speaker 8: So yo, before we get up out of here, I just want all of y'all to shout out y'all ship, tell you what y'all got going on. You know what I'm saying, And I want to say thank you because, like I said again over here and drink Champish ain't about no drama, about no beef. It's about bigger enough our people. Because if we ain't going big up our people, who the fuck with big up our people? I want to give you your flowers while you can smell them, and I'm gonna smoke trees with you when you can hell them.
Speaker 2: You feeling.
Speaker 5: That, I'm a real dude. I've done it. I've had fun. So Clue telling them what's next. We know the app and we bigger that drink Champs.
Speaker 2: We feel like more. It's more than that.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna lie of appens.
Speaker 2: It's the Clue Radio app.
Speaker 8: You're gonna be able to download it probably about thirty to forty five days, you know what I mean. It's gonna be of course, follow me on Twitter, Instagram at dj Clue and on Snapchat it's the DJ Clue Show. And if you catch me on Power Off. I were in the New York that's right, big I'm Unday the Friday sixty ten PM, the number one the number one show in the city, you know what I mean, the number one city.
Speaker 2: In the world, in the world. It is what it is, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: So I got to say something the Clue testament, like he really do break records, you know, Clue broke Bring the Goons Out. That's the only record I ever had at radio, and he broke that ship he went and the city went crazy for the ship.
Speaker 2: I got it. I always lot you when I see you, because nobody ever broke a graph record on the fucking radio. Because he took a chance. It was like, I like it. I'm going let's speak some Loyds for that got street for a long time. Thank you. I can't I can't tell you how many records I see in Clue break too many.
Speaker 7: That's real ship beginning, that's real. A lot of j just don't so you know it's got to shout that out. Let me shout at all my ship fun that because I'd be ain't the best emotionally. I got to put I call pain killers be loaded a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: It's dope bro hip hop ship. I know.
Speaker 7: I come from the erarow where I want to hear real rap, but I take the old school and mix it the new school and get yaull of the future. So when y'all hear it, y'all see I got my big homie bun Be on there, and I got a joint produced by Pete Pete Rock with a Royster.
Speaker 2: Five nine on. I got the on the whole project.
Speaker 7: I got Jada Kiss Sheet and styles p on different records. But then I got my nigga Whiz Khalifa on there, and I put Jada on the song with Whiz.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I just be doing some you know, I'll be checking up with a sign to tell a game.
Speaker 7: At one point we was kicking it about that a little bit, you know what I'm saying, But we're just good friends.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: And shout out to Whiz Kale, shout out of the Hotel gang and ship.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 7: So, I just want to say that, man, support independent hip hop, Support independent hip hop. Celebrate that ship, dot complain about what's out. If you're supporting, what the fuck you like? So go online and please stream the ship, buy it even though streams rippers up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I thank you very very much because I still make money off the music. However you get it, just buy it and graph my my album. I appreciate it. Yeah, you show love. I appreciate you. I support. Just buy the ship. You know what I'm saying, don't get the butleg help me help, let me.
Speaker 1: Help you here. They still make butlegs. Yeah, kind as crazy crazy. Normally I'll say get the butleg. But now it on YouTube right now, independent ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So that's paying fillers be loaded. Get that.
Speaker 7: My Instagram is graph g R a f H. Snapchat is Lord of Mercy, you know, like Lord Have Mercy. I'm Jamaican, so we funk it up Lord of Mercy on Snapchat.
Speaker 2: Fuck with a nigga.
Speaker 7: And like you said before, you know, I used my platform to do other things. I got a clothing line call the Gang n y C. This is one of my send me no clothes and it's sold out on tour I want Oh yeah, I'll tell you the truth. I went on tour with I was my first tour, and everything sold out on the road. Sweter got everything. I came back with just the empty boxes and ship.
Speaker 2: So I just never told me that, never told me that we're small out we started out.
Speaker 7: We're still learning this ship, man, learn right there. I just got to deal with what the factory in China brand new.
Speaker 2: We're still learning. Just trying to connect.
Speaker 8: We just started YO and look out for drink Chance Radio on on Crow Radio.
Speaker 2: Separate program, separate program. You know what's going on?
Speaker 8: You're pulling in head with Ferrari's lamborghinnis.
Speaker 2: What's up up?
Speaker 5: You gotta fip man the mic letizing five advertising six six about next week day East on my single.
Speaker 2: You should the video that asked for you. We should a video from six five South a little trizzy you know.
Speaker 8: In the building that we got the North Carolina Connecticut connected already.
Speaker 2: Nigga't even say North Carolina. That said Nerve Carolina.
Speaker 5: You know, I like expanish for real, you know, yeah, yeah, I'm fucking with North Carolina from the Carol.
Speaker 2: That was what came up to me today. I you know, I'm in the Rario, the Ocean Driver, the NBA. You know, watch the Yo. Yo. Shouldn't on the podcast you popping. I don't even know you. You guy said thanks man, you know right now, but I gotta enjoy this. Let's makes a I was skinned on my dagger man. Anybody don't forget. Don't forget crack. I was coming. Hold on, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Had a whole a little separate thing for you because remember I kept turning you trying to put.
Speaker 2: Up take off your hat. Now you want to come over here like looking like toy down. I want to bother jump people like me. Tell them shout out. Danny got to see it too. This is ship, right, this ship even Philly man. Danny shut out. Danny got a little bit. Shout out.
Speaker 10: Danny got to see it with the dupe. You know what I'm saying, I love this little boy fly ship. But shout out you, No man, see him happy for you?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, I'm really really genuinely happy for you because I know, like we did two point two this mainly that's what.
Speaker 2: Don't people that's not happy for you. People that's not really associating close with you.
Speaker 10: See, I'm happy because I'm your friend, and I know that I'm gonna be cool too.
Speaker 2: When just s friend and ship. I know I got somebody to go to.
Speaker 10: But nah, yeah, man, I was kin over pretty much. Uh talks talking. I'll just be cool when we go up what we're doing, you know, shout out Johnny J three six five south man.
Speaker 2: It's about the niggas that really big man. Just watch us, man, just watch us man the p D crack ring ring. I love y'all niggas man. Yeah, well I'm.
Speaker 5: Thank you be cracked, thank you Craft, thank you Clue, thank you old skin On and listen, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We want to shot up to our whole drink Champs Army. You know what I'm saying. Everybody shout the left right, shout out the left rack from again.
Speaker 5: I shout the whole Jamaica from heaverywhere in Jamaica, shout out, shout, shout.
Speaker 2: Shutter Him's dead, shout Springfield, the O C P and on that. You know we knew hut to Kenda.
Speaker 5: Shout to Kendle, shout out, shout, shout out the dead in section one, Section two, second three forces five for something that night night Iraq always. But look, I wanted to shout out to the drink champs on me. You want to shout out the hazard is. I want to shout out to Sunny. I want to shoutut to I Roster Drane, to Twin Big Draine. I want to shout out to Colito. I want to shott to mister Lee. And you know what I'm saying, My nigga press the recipes, money Bags, Bunny, Paul, Eric Jose, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Richard Blanco, Kevin Kevin, where you're at? What up? Kevin d The Barbara Ruston and New York Styles.
Speaker 5: Colito, my cousin, he's he's we gotta get him back on the marror.
Speaker 2: Want to America Grounds, pick up to Boris, mister Lee, start rock clothing. Everybody. You know my niggas s something here from Peru. Yeah, the Peru niggas is coked up from the Coming Home niggas. My homie from Coming Home Peru is here. Niggas Guy Guy moss a lot. Yeah, it's okay. They're gonna kick somebody couch at some point.
Speaker 5: But yo, so we're gonna go to the club story hopefully we're gonna see the drink chances.
Speaker 2: Reading the drink chances. It's true.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do another about Rose. But yeah, you ain't finish your drink. But you said you said, okay, get anyone. You said you could do it all night.
Speaker 2: No clue. Yeah, because you paused, because you will go from Vegas like I'm in a trouble time, so you know I'm always drinking. So it ain't about nothing but sounds in the club all the time. He never drinks.
Speaker 8: What do you say to this and listen, you gotta get focused. He gotta get focused. He gotta get focused. Niggas gotta start drinking. Niggas that don't drink, gotta that's saying.
Speaker 2: If you, if you alcoholic, if you if.
Speaker 8: You're recovering alcoholic, then it's like, alright, cool, But then you put on Joe biddies too, because Joe buddies.
Speaker 2: Listen. He just said I talked about on the podcast Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I talked about it on the podcause Joe was my man. And the only reason why I talked about on the podcast is him and MV had beef.
Speaker 2: So why was he what any when the little what happened Joe?
Speaker 5: I just was bringing it up because you hot in the podcast world and you a MV had beef, like going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't gonna be nothing because you put you then that was the whole cool when.
Speaker 8: You put on past I signed, I gave the MV album deal, my deal epics ony.
Speaker 2: She put mvya and is Joe a deaf jam?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Put Joe Glennon's on your back and fabulous.
Speaker 8: M I'm not really about pulls to my horn, but you know, put a lot of that makes a noise for dj.
Speaker 2: TH like that little takes be crack having a perm.
Speaker 5: You didn't want to You ain't want to give us the perm story here, so you gave it to b T.
Speaker 2: You know, on the loan, like if you think about it in.
Speaker 8: The media said I knew, I knew you had a pun, Like listen, talk that ship you talking. I wanted to show it on drink that ship. You're gonna do it for us niggas you're ready to be t You said, all that ship, but what.
Speaker 2: Property? But what you called nigga? Man, you would have just stayed popity, but you're known b T. And then you showed him to here. I'm like everybody telling me they warned me about Chiga.
Speaker 3: B T.
Speaker 2: Don't call that nigga your watch, Laura. I'm like, yo, here, cool, Phil got you a washroke wash man, ain't chans man. If you look back to the episode, kept saying it.
Speaker 8: Took him yeah, because I knew it was something I always it was like it was a it was a breaking story.
Speaker 11: My ship wasn't no breaking stores. This is the breaking story. Due just got a big, crazy curly throw at that time. They're right, my ship puts some heat on my ship. Ain't no chemicals though. Yeah it was a perm.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's the gram permed out ass. I ain't try that. But that's your black size. I mean, that's your Puerto Rican size team. It's not a perm. Black people call that a perm just because you want every one stitches on there. You just like this. Could you get the number one to be great? I get number one great though I ain't bore. I never saw you do.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 2: At some point people think that I'm balld. Nobody think that.
Speaker 5: Nobody all right, because I've grown my shirt out just to be petty.
Speaker 2: You're prepping, you're prepping for the ball. No, no, no, the V team.
Speaker 5: My grandfather he died with a full head of head. Both of my grandfathers died with a full head of hair.
Speaker 2: I'm great.
Speaker 12: I'm thinking about genetics as I get that person out of me. But listen, just keep it real. Ain't keep it real, Keep it real because he made a no, Philly, that's a lot of Spanish niggas.
Speaker 2: You call it again. No, it was the other big rue. There's a lot of.
Speaker 5: Spanish niggas, us a perm and black community and nigga.
Speaker 8: Condition and some heat.
Speaker 2: That's the condition came. I might just say, you ball, I'm all so I'm gonna brow myself, bring the hair back. I'm bo. Let's take it out on the clue. Let's see, let's see.
Speaker 10: No, but I do see Nord got a little bit of George Jefferson coming in.
Speaker 2: I respect that way George coming in, but I can pay. You're wrong. Puerto Rican grow back in two days. Just Cutdrian just I'm gonna just I'm I've dressed my Friday. I'm just throwing it out. And my father, my father used to let me take sure.
Speaker 8: My father used to drink and when he ain't drink, his hair wuldn't grow. But when he drank, his hair will grow.
Speaker 2: The next day he would shave himself and the next day. So I got that same. That's true what I'm saying to go to the next day. No, yeah, yeah, basically his ships just grow right back. This is this real fun.
Speaker 8: And you Panamanian and Jamaica as how many kids you got, mad bitches want your kids?
Speaker 2: You listen, man, dogged them. Oh he's down to leave it in game. That's not me, not married. You ain't none of that got in. The girl's gonna shit on you right away.
Speaker 7: You do graphy ass She gotta be phenomenal, man, the pussy is getting If she's not, she's bad enough.
Speaker 2: The pussies is getting handled.
Speaker 5: But we call an extra ask questions skin Elevator the Elevator ride down show.
Speaker 2: Kueie asked, listen this ship, right, she gotta be phenomenal. I gotta be looking at that like, oh my god, him living graphics. Don't play with it. She gotta be like that. If it ain't like that, then it's like you know you're doing what you're doing. It's like Pete Crackers, isn't the sun about?
Speaker 5: You're scared of the asking aggression, but look once again, many.
Speaker 2: Eat asshole. It's a big difference.
Speaker 7: It's gotta be really really bad for your brain. Even for your brain even go there.
Speaker 2: She gotta look got it.
Speaker 7: You gotta be thinking about doing all kind of ship for the clothes even come off.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Ship like that? Well, look out for the new interview. We got puffing cast on here. When that was Crazy'll when is new Inari music coming out? I got, I got got he said, I got an ape. I heard this.
Speaker 8: It's dope. Me and Justice League I've never done. Debuting on Clue Radio Yeah yeah soon soon yeah soon, We're gonna do it, man. Thank the people for joining us again.
Speaker 5: Drink Chans Podcast, All our guests, one Motherfuckings, The
Speaker 2: Bits and the Window,