Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Hearty Hoe and Welcome back to another offseason edition of Fantasy Football Weekly with your host, nurse John mcaza and medical specialist MD fantasy doctor Jake Tropo. What we're talking about today, We've talking some injuries.
Speaker 2: Jake, how are you? Hopefully you're well?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm great. I don't know when I got this medical degree that we're touting. It must have been while I was sleeping, perhaps, but I'm happy to try to fake my way through it for this No, John, John, I feel like more I'm a little bit more like weather specialists.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We've been getting pummeled by storms here in Wisconsin for like two months straight. I'm tired of it. I don't know if I'm more tired of that though, or tired of the storm of bad injury news that we've been getting on NFL players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I love the segue though. It's funny.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to be able to get away from weather talk. You know, I do baseball work, and this weather really affects games being played and how the ball moves and everything, and I'm like crash coursing meteorology. Anyway, our medical degrees come from the medical school of Upstair Hollywood, right, the Upstairs Hollywood degree from doctor Dick Riviera High everybody, all right, So that's.
Speaker 2: Been most of the news. Of course, football season means.
Speaker 1: Like hidden injuries, Drake, and they're coming in fast and furious. I've always joked the best way to find the injuries that we don't know about that we will know about are on my roster ship page, and of course that's been the case. Of course I've drafted guys we didn't know we're hurt. First up would be mister Ali Pearce wide receiver.
Speaker 2: For the Colts.
Speaker 1: We talked about him, and right they move away from Pittman, they gave Alec Pierce the bag, and I assumed, even with questionable quarterback return from Daniel Jones, Pierce would be the focal point of the passing offense well. Coach Shane Steichen, when asked about Pierce's offseason surgery, he opened up the possibility from not to be ready for the start of camp, said it could be a quote unquote a couple weeks in Pierce, this is just today said there was no definitive timetable and when to be back. He was given a four to six month recovery time after the March surgery. March is the third month, six months is nine?
Speaker 2: Uh oh?
Speaker 1: Like I said, we could be talking about a couple of weeks plus ramp up time, possibility of a setback. I don't like to invite injuries. The Alex Pierce sharfs that I have are probably it. Let's look at the other wide receivers really quick. Josh Down's ADP. Ninety five, Nick Westbrook a Keene adp. Two sixteen. Are there any values? Are you off the colts? Do you like the incoming Pierce discount?
Speaker 2: Right? I think that's also on the way. What do you think, Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess there will be a discount with Pierce, although I just can't imagine even taking advantage of that because the discount is not going to get him to where I think his proper value is. I think he was so overinflated based on the contract and I just thought he should have come down anyways. This is going to get him further down, but not far enough for me. I do think the price tag for Josh Downs obviously goes up a ton, So it's gonna be interesting to see how far I'm in it right now based on where he is, because I think he was undervalued. But I'm actually more curious to see what happens with Tyler Warren out of anybody on this team. Westbrook A. Kine is interesting because he does play a similar downfield, explosive play type of guy, although a very low grade version of it compared to Alec Pearce. But I thought Michael Pittman's departure would actually help Warren more than anybody else on this team, and I think he's maybe being a bit overlooked in all of this, even though he's being drafted very high. I could see an argument for him like tight end four kind of seemed too high at one point. Now I feel like maybe it's not even high enough.
Speaker 1: John Yeah, Warren I thought would thrive anyway. Any opening is going to be a for him. I think he really mentioned the key piece for me is Josh Downs.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 1: I wish I knew if he was gonna play in two wide receiver sets, and the thing that kills me with some of these guys, maybe like a Jayden Reid also, Man, why can't we get these guys into two wide out sets, especially when there's an opening right that. I don't want that to be a concern. I'm telling myself the story that Downs is gonna be an every down player. Oh see what he did there, at least to start the season. I'm kind of staying away from a keen a, although I think in reed draft, especially in kind of deeper formats, there's probably been an opening for him. You mentioned the archetypical fit there kind of downfield, and that's gonna be open for Pierce. Even if Josh Downs is playing every down, Jake, I doubt he's running go routes, right, That's not really his thing. I don't think we want him doing that. So yeah, I kind of stepped on the rake with Pierce, and it wasn't really overpaying, but if I was heavy running back up front, I did think he'd fit a role. Now I'm gonna get off that. The next bit of news was another guy who's drafting and I have the receipts because we spoke about it. Was Chris Rodriguez over in Jacksonville. Remember he spent five seasons at Kentucky and his best season was with Leen Cohen, who was the offensive coordinator at the time. Right, so there was I don't know if it's a shower narrative, but something like that. Now, according to team sources, the Jaguars Chris Rodriguez had a procedure on his left foot ready in an injury early in the off season program. He's expected to be ready for the start of training camp in late July. I mean, so the obvious question is where do you stand on the Rodriguez and are you pushing up Basil.
Speaker 2: Touton, who I felt was already.
Speaker 1: Kind of expensive at thirty three maybe now right, if you weren't worried about Rodriguez, that's where he should be if he's moving up any more. Jake, I'm not going any further that thirty three feels rich, maybe even fair, but especially if Rodriguez returns and I still think he could get the ends of work, that's a little bit too expensive for me. Loo quent Out at EIGHTYB two sixteen, what do you make of the Jaguars backfield situation.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought up Bachel Tuton because is somebody that I have been high on this offseason, even with the addition of Chris Rodriguez, But it does feel like, boy, he really took a balloon ride up in ADP, And yeah, you make a good point. If he starts getting into the I don't know beginning of the fifth round. Am I comfortable doing that For Bachel Tuton, a guy that I liked coming out of college but didn't exactly thrive last year, I'd be scared of that. So yeah, I don't think I'm gonna follow him up in ADP much. With Chris Rodriguez, though, I always hate these ambiguous, undisclosed injury types of things. I just have flashbacks to Joe Mixon and his mysterious foot injury from last year, and it was supposedly no big deal until it was, and then it kept him out all season and it might have ended his career. I'm not saying that's the exact case with Rodriguez, mind you, but I am staying away because I don't think he's worth the headaches. Like I think he's a fairly low ceiling play, so I'm not gonna go through all that unless the guy just has massive upside, and I don't really see that with Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me do a quick correction. I was quoting a minpick. The ADP is not far off as in forty three. It wasn't thirty three, it's forty three. But I've seen him go there now because people are immediately overreacting to something, I think that initial price was already discluding Rodriguez from.
Speaker 2: The party here.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean you make a great point being weary of injuries, I very much am. I'm trying not to invite them. I'm certainly not paying premiums for them. It just was funny as I was getting into Twoton. If I saw him in the fourth or even sometimes early five, if I was early wide receivers, I'm thinking, Okay, this is a guy who could explode a really good offense.
Speaker 2: But now, yeah, I don't know. We know he's gonna move up.
Speaker 1: I have to decide if if I want any piece of Rodriguez, is there anywhere that he could go chake again? This is an offense we're expecting a lot from. But there is Luquina Allen. I know I mentioned him twice. I don't know who else is talking about him in June, but he can be annoying. Sometimes it's that it's that third thorn in the side, right or I guess the second form. But either way, that extra, that third mouth to feed can kind of kill everybody. Those are the running back committees that I'm looking to.
Speaker 2: Get off of.
Speaker 1: I think my rostershipt for the Jaguars is gonna decline.
Speaker 2: You pretty much signing off on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John, it's like the band Poison said a long time ago, every rose has three thorns. We know this. They knew it to be true, We know it to be true. I do think in the case of backfields like this, where there is still a lot of ambiguity, that's actually crazy. I didn't realize I misheard about Baseil Tuton. I can't believe he's even going up higher than I thought. So I'm all the way out on tooton now, which is too bad. Lo quent to Ellen, Yeah, why not, right, because there's so few running backs that have a legitimate shot at this much of the pie going that late. I think there's a couple of guys you could maybe make an argument for around his area. But I'll take some shots. Why not let me load up on wide receivers towards the middle rounds and I'll scrape together some more running backs than the late part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guy like George Laani kind of comes to mind. Also that look into Allen. Okay, we're talking very much endgame, but if you're doing the best ball thing or the roto thing right now, those guys are bodies, and they're already kind of projectable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not a lot of projectible volume, but it's some projectible volume. And I think everyone is so eager to draft these sixth and seventh round running backs that very often are zeros and like a like a hard zero, like they didn't see the field. They don't actually make the team sometimes, where a guy like lucn Awen is already shown that he can earn work in that offense. And I think, you know, say the Rodriguez thing really goes poorly. You mentioned mixing, so it's not out of the realm where it was an ankle injury to worry. He's fine, it'll be back week one, don't worry, be back out. Thea's all week three, Week five, week seven, he may never play again. More like what's going on here? It's crazy?
Speaker 2: How right? Oh?
Speaker 1: That escalated quickly, but de things happen. That's why I tryed to invite any injuries if they're going on right now. If Rodriguez does continue to drop, then I and he comes back and please, then yeah, I might scoop him at the end game.
Speaker 2: All right, Jake goes to.
Speaker 1: A little lightning round doctor play I was gonna play doctor or whatever. I already made that joke, so again. The one thing I don't want to do is pretend to be a Yeah, I don't want to pretend him whoo. You know, I don't want to come off like I understand much, if anything, about medicine. But I have been playing fantasy for a long time. We have a list of players that would could and should have fantasy impact, but they had season ending injuries. So each one is going to be different than the other one. I have found I feel comfortable ignoring, not say ignoring, but I don't want any part of the late season injuries, right if they happened late the recovery time. I worry about setbacks. We've already had a couple of those. So I'm gonna just kind of put that out there. First Off, Patrick Mahomes, he's getting a ton of love in the industry streets right now. You know, ADP ninety is pretty much the cheapest you've ever been able to get him. But he got hurt week fifteen, that's mid December to A and LCL.
Speaker 2: I mean the reports.
Speaker 1: He's working out seven hours a day and he's ahead of schedule. Not like he was running much. But the running he did do was effective, meaning when Mahomes ran, he made it to the marker, extended to drive, very efficient, part of why his.
Speaker 2: EPA stuff is so great.
Speaker 1: I'm off Mahomes. I think they've telegraphed they don't really want him running. Plus, I'm worried, I think, as I should be when they brought in ken Walker. So I think I'm out Mahomes at the price is way too many quarterbacks all going at the same time. He's going right next to Jackson Dirt. I'd rather have Dirt, who's running and for all intensive purposes is healthy.
Speaker 2: What do you think about.
Speaker 3: Mahomes that's so interesting take. I think the exact opposite approach on this player. I don't know that we've ever been so divided on a player as Patrick Mahomes. We should also mention very briefly, he just became the NFL's first half a billion dollar player with that contract that they gave him, so clearly they are comfortable with their investment. And obviously we didn't expect this to be a long term injury regardless. I remember Mahomes say that he's been practicing with a brace on his left knee and something about, you know, I wore a brace in college and it's on the same knee and it's not too different. Obviously, we want him to be unencumbered by the injury. For what you said about his rushing ability, it's not like he's Lamar Jackson and you're gonna get nine hundred rushing yards out of him in a season. But even his ability to scramble, extend plays, that sort of thing very important for him. But you also said this is the cheapest we've ever been able to get Patrick Mahomes, and I feel like I've been saying this so much this offseason, but I'm gonna keep saying it because Mahomes used to be this locked in top five fantasy quarterback and then his decline coincided perfectly with Eric Bienemy leaving as offensive coordinator and Matt Naggy coming in. Matt Naggy will do that to a quarterback. He will cause them to slide, especially for fantasy purposes. But the enemy is back, and maybe Mahomes isn't as hungry as he used to be as a young buck out there now that he's got paid. But I'm willing to be wrong and take him as late as he's going, acknowledging that maybe I'll scoop up a really late quarterback for those first couple weeks, so I don't feel like I have to play Mahomes right away, so we can kind of gauge it. But I'd rather have him over Jackson Dart. Jackson Dart. The vibes are bad with the Giants. He's injury I don't want to say injury prone, but he's certainly inviting injuries than the average quarterback does. So I think I'm going Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I could buy all that because I'm in the farious cheapskate and he's cheap, so I get it. If Mahomes was going up near those top two or three qbs, then I'd be a hard out. I've just pivoted towards the more running quarterbacks. That's always how I've built again, having best ball brain on right now, my QB two or QB three. I want guys that can run. In redraft, you may have me. I may want Mahomes over a guy like Dart, who really feels very erratic and for me kind of built for best ball, where we want all the spike weeks. We don't want any of the floor weeks. Best ball affords you that luxury where in redraft you could see Mahomes just consistently doing his thing. I'm looking last year. I don't even realize how great he was. You know, from week was it four through nine? He had five straight top five QB weeks. So it's still in there. No one understands a game better. I think I just worried that they might be funneling it more through. But I'm not gonna start taking shots at Patrick Mahomes again if he's cheap. Next up, another quarterback. This is bow Knicks ADP. One oh five. He got hurt even later. That happened right unlike the second to last play or whatever that AFC Divisional round game. He fractured his right angle ankle. He had surgery with a follow up procedure in April. That's the thing that kind of worries me. They're still saying he's considered ahead of schedule and Week one looks likely. I mean, you have to take him over starting quarterbacks like Matthew Stafford is going right there, Jared Goff, even Kyler Murray, Jordan Love, Tyler Shuck, all guys I'd probably rather have than bow Knicks, who, again, we need him to run. What is that going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: We haven't seen him do much of anything yet. What do you think about bow Knicks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I get why he's going so much later than Mahomes, because the injury happened later, and because he needs his mobility much more than Patrick Mahomes to be fantasy relevant. He's only played two years. In those years. Yeah, he finished his QB seven, which is great back to back years. That's amazing. He added Jalen Waddle to his arsenal. That's all good stuff. But here's a fun fact, John, I don't know if you know this. I didn't until today. Bo Nix is one of only thirteen quarterbacks in NFL history to throw the ball six hundred plus times in a season without reaching four thousand passing yards. That's bad rare air for a guy like him to be in if he gets his mobility zapped away from him this year. So yeah, I like Wattle helping him out, but it's not gonna help him be a top ten QB if he has to try to stand in the pocket or if he's really encumbered. And I know Sean Payton said he came out. There's not gonna be any hiccups. Once training camp starts, you decide for yourself how much you want to trust Shundon. I trust him about as far as I can block him across the NFL field. And you might not know this listeners, although you probably do because my voice gives away. I'm a pretty slight guy. So it's not gonna go far. So I'm out on Bonix probably entirely, unless we get some crazy good, you know, PR coverage coming up here in the next few months.
Speaker 2: Trust him as far as you could push him off the ball.
Speaker 1: Right now, you are right about the QB price like he is going much later than Mahomes. But it is worth noting for anybody that maybe hasn't done fifty. Some are drafts like I have. I have never seen such consolidation for QB pricing. Josh Allen is an anomaly. He goes way up top. Then you get Lamar and it's been late for him. But Lamar in like the mid to late fifties, and then come pick sixty five. It just begins. I think I counted eighteen quarterbacks have a ADP between sixty five and like one to oh five, So in a forty pickspan, more than one out of every three picks is a QB for like three or four rounds in a row. So it just worth if anybody is kind of doing some preseason work, maybe thinking about doing basketball stuff, be ready. You have to really choose between these guys. You really have to pick a pair, right, You're picking a guy you like in the sixties and seventies, then maybe one more that you like in that ninety or one hundred range because the cover really empties out very fast.
Speaker 2: Worth noting. If you do get.
Speaker 1: Caught waiting really late, you might want Daniel Jones our next quarterback EDP one forty five. He also got hurt in late in the season. That was December first week, torn right achilles. Those can be really bad. We've also seen that you know, sap running in power The next season, he's doing seven on seven drills, which is encouraging, but I'm not really sure I'm trusting anything I'm seeing from DJ. Also worth noting the team's success was so directly correlated to him. I didn't think I'd ever be saying that about Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They were breaking all King differential records, all the EPA records, everything.
Speaker 2: They were a wagon. And then he goes away and Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Taylor, who was arcing for like greatest fantasy season ever, like the smash pick you needed all of a sudden, was costing people playoff matchups. So what do you think about Daniel Jones? And then, more specifically, because he's going late enough that we can make a cost argument, how do you think it impacts the rest of the Colts.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm really thinking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we can't blame the Colts too much when their reserve option was a guy who'd been coaching high school football for like the last four seasons. Philip Rivers comes off off the bench, off the bench, and I was crazy from the distant pass to come and try to save the season. So I'm not gonna really hold it against any of the pass catchers on this team if they have to go out there without Daniel Jones. Riley Leonard for all intents and purposes, I still think is a decent backup option if they decide to ride with him. We don't know if it will be him or whatever Gardener Minshew, but I do think Daniel Jones is gonna be a tough sell. We don't know how quarterbacks are really affected by ACL stuff that are of his caliber, because the last few ones it's like Aaron Rodgers towards ACL. But he was on a new team and on the verge of ten thousand years old. We don't know that his exact follow up season is going to translate to a guy like Daniel Jones. Necessarily. This is where our lack of doctoring really shows. Probably, But I do think Daniel Jones, if he's even not mobile, he's a good enough passer, as he showed last year that, like we were just talking about Josh Downs, I think he's still gonna be fine, Tyler Warren, He's still gonna be fine. So I'm not actually impacting the rest of the cast because of this injury. It's just a matter of do I even want to dare try Daniel Jones with the last pick of my draft, you know, because you can decide between him and a guy like Geno Smith. Basically at this point, I'd rather at least take the upshot of Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: I think that last point is a good one. I'm also glad you mentioned the downs and warrant thing. They are two players. I don't want to see that QB proof, but those style of player can overcome quarterback quality because a lot of it is getting open near the line of scrimmage and canting kind of lay up targets, high probability targets. I think they're both really skilled and have that ability to do so. If and when Daniel Jones comes back, I think you're getting an immediate I don't know, a wide receiver two in downs and definitely a tight end one. I think you're getting a tight end one regardless of Warren. I think you're getting a high end tight end one with Jones back. So worth it with those guys, I think to you know, still be buying in even with question marks. As far as Jones himself, again, it's laid enough if it fits the build. I think you do it, Jake. Of course we ran on longer than I wanted to. I don't know if we're going to make it. Everybody, let me shuffle some papers, let's take it. Let me take a quick breath. I want to get into some running backs. And if this takes too long, because I want to give everything the attention that deserves, maybe we'll just break this episode into two and do the pass catchers next time around. With whatever news and no so ho going. We need to take a quick broth. I got right back to you, all right, Jakes, thank you so much for that. I know I didn't have enough time to do any medical studying, but we can't talk about some running backs, right. The lack of medical training is really kind of showing through today.
Speaker 2: So let's do the.
Speaker 1: Running backs again. I want to give the attention here because this stuff matters, right, Chaos is a ladder, and these opportunities and these players are going to be impactful one way or another. Right, either they hit the ground running they're really good. We wanted them, or in a case like cam Scatabo, let's say this goes wrong. You're paying a top forty five overall pick and it could really hurt you, right, so impact kind of goes both ways. Scatabo was hurt in week eight, so this is quite a bit earlier than some of the other ones. That two months can make a big difference. That was verse Philly. He disslocated his ankle. It was a compound fracture, a deltoid ligament tear, not that I know what that is now. He had emergency surgery, which is like both good and bad, right, we want these procedures immediately. The worst thing I think is when teams and players try and heal things with rest only to find out, oh, that didn't work.
Speaker 2: Surgery is a good thing.
Speaker 1: He showed up to all voluntary workouts. He has a chance at week one. They're saying unlikely to be one hundred percent. We know Scatabo, and this is the guy you want in fantasy catches the ball, all the end zone work, and best friends with the quarterback. The two of them together are like a you know, line share of all the yard of and all the fantasy points.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Scatabo.
Speaker 1: He's a guy I had been drafting with my best ball brain because I think we saw Tyrone Tracy get you know the full workload, so I think those two guys are fairly priced as a tandem. Talk to me about the giants, scatabo you think about Big.
Speaker 3: Blue, Well, John, I actually did take my MCATs over the break, so I've come back with much more knowledge now and I'm ready to break this down. Yes, and here's what I've discovered with Cam Scataboo. His injury was gross and gnarly. It was one of the worst injury that we've seen in the last couple of years. I mean, I appreciate that they want to get him as involved as possible. I appreciate that he wants to be as involved as possible, but the dude still runs like the freakin' Juggernaut from X Men first, and I can't imagine he's necessarily putting his health as priority number one. Uh So I'm still he's doing backflips, and of course he's doing backflips, and they joked.
Speaker 1: They were like, okay, Harball was like, all right, let's let's it's good to see the mobility, but let's cut back on the gymnastics. Sorry to cut you off, but you mentioned it could I couldn't believe it when I saw that.
Speaker 3: If he backflips his way into another injury, I unfortunately wouldn't all be that surprised by it, which is the thing that scares me about drafting a guy like Cam'scattaboo is he's going so high, and yes, the expectation can be he's going to be seventy percent of the backfield or maybe even he's going to be fifty percent of the team production at this point if Malik Neighbors has worse issues, which we'll discuss later, but I I'm still just the only Giant that I'm really comfortable drafting right now truly is Isaiah Likely and Tyrone Tracy, as you mentioned very late, because the possibility of injuries so high. With Skataboo, he's also one of those pieces obviously, along with Jackson Dart who has his own injury concerns, and Milig Neighbors, who has his own injury concerns, they feel like a team one injury away from looking like the you know, fricking Miami Dolphins this year. So I'm pretty nervous. I'm taking Isaiah Likely and I'm just staying away pretty much from the rest of his crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would definitely say not overloading on giants is a good idea, though, I have to be honest.
Speaker 2: Transparency is kind of my thing.
Speaker 1: I have lots of giants spread out, right, so I have some Scatabo and Tracy tandems. But I'm trying not to do that with Dart and Likely. I'm with you, Unlikely. Those are teams that I like to have Jackson Dart when I have a running quarterback, especially when I could get a little bit later, I like to pay them with the tight ends. I was talking about Ulsage and Malik Willis also. I think that's a cool kind of late pairing. That's like a team move version of the Giants, which maybe says something about either of them.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure, but it's not good whatever it says.
Speaker 1: See, I think Scatibo is a bit of a risk. I think you should be worried. I think I like him more in redraft right, if he's healthy. You want that week one stuff. We're all gonna be dealing with injuries and figuring out waiver stuff as we go. I want the guy that could get me off to a great start. I mean, the type of usage he was getting is hard to find, especially that part of the draft board, though there is another player and he's going around later. He's the next on our injury board here. It's Quinn Shawn Jenkins for Cleveland, who really impressed me given the late start and lack of preparation last year. He got hurt in late December Week sixteen versus Buffalo.
Speaker 2: It was nasty.
Speaker 1: Also dislocated right ankle and a fractured fibula. I couldn't believe. I was watching videos of him right now. He looks awesome. They're over the moon for him and his prospects. What's the problem. One team's live players, lie Jake, but also it's the ecosystem of the Browns.
Speaker 2: This is ADP fifty.
Speaker 1: Five, which, if you think you're getting one hundred percent Judkins, I think is good. My worry is how good are they gonna be? And his pass game work has been threatened by Samson, So given the late time of the injury with Judkins, and I think, like I mentioned, bad environment, with the threat of the backup losing some passwork, I think I'm out on Judkins.
Speaker 2: I think I'm letting other people go that way. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if literally everything goes perfectly for him, then I'm comfortable at his ADP, but I'm still not even necessarily over the moon at his ADP. So yeah, that to me just says back off. And I know that. Yeah, it's it's team lying offseason, it's coach speaks season. They're gonna say he's confident and explosive and ahead of a schedule, because what are you supposed to say about your star running back? And I know that supposedly his injury was higher up on the ankle, so it was like a best case scenario for him. I think best case scenario is that he actually turns into a pass catching running back, which I don't think is on the table because you mentioned Dylan Sampson still there. And best case scenario would be he's in an offense that has a lot of scoring potential, which I just don't see with this year's version of the Brown. So if he's one hundred percent good to go and there's no setbacks, fine, But like you, I will probably just bypass that position around where he's being drafted and pivot to something else.
Speaker 1: So Jokins is going right next to Daring Price, who I'm over the moon for, and I will not be fielding any you know, one v one questions on him, because to me, that's already a given. What the answer is, I do have another injured player. He's not on our list because he didn't finish the year injured.
Speaker 2: Where are you? How about Bucky Irvin.
Speaker 1: This is a decision lots of people have to make, and the answer could be neither. That's my answer, not to bury with the lead Bucky Irvin v. Quinchin Pupkins at the same ADP.
Speaker 3: Jake, Yeah, I wonder if we're overreacting a bit too much to Bucky Irving.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I've been worried about Bucky Irving and so I understand and understood his initial decline in ADP. I just wonder that we're over correcting now because if he's going this far down and we know that he is a good pass catcher, obviously Kenny Gainwell is there, and we've talked a lot about Kenny Gainwell being somebody to target later in drafts because he's an improvement I think over a shod white. But if Bucky does look like he did a year and a half ago, I think we're gonna feel a little foolish. So based on upside, I would much rather have Bucky Irving than Quinn Shod Judkins. I don't know that I'm gonna trip over myself to click draft on him, but if he keeps slipping down even a little bit more, I might have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was really big at the Bucky the first year. That was a hit king back for the Encore. That didn't work out. The injury kind of lingered. I ended up getting stung, And now this year the points they make are very good. Hard not to worry about gainwell and then Talker is back there. But I would agree a one hundred percent Bucky Irving wins that the job. I don't know one's getting one hundred percent of carries right. Those days are over, but yeah, I think he could still be great with a price that's moving down. Right, That's when my antenna starts to pop. So it'll be interesting to see. But I think we're in agreement. Neither of us are going to end up with a lot of Judkins at cost too many red flags, or we got two more running backs. I want to get through them both. And again we'll give the pass catchers their due next week because this is really good stuff, where you know, talking about a lot of process stuff, pulling the curtain on what we think about these players and then all the subsequent stuff. Next up is Jonathan Brooks, who I've been lucky enough to completely avoid because I'm kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to injuries. The second I hear guys injured right now, I'm not interested. Brooks is not injured right now now. He did retear a right ACL in December, but it was of twenty four, right, so we haven't seen him. He's had the time. They are just gushing over him right now. I mean not only are they gushing over him right now, they've telegraphed it with the roster move right allowing ric o'dowdell, who was gosh, Barry Sanders. You know, when Walter Peton rolled into one for like a three week stretch last year, they moved on from him with with Truba Hubbard. He's still there. But the way they're talking about Brooks is man he could maybe be a one A and again, pricing is really tough. He's at pick one oh eight. He's very polarizing player. I feel like people are either way on it, in on him, or all the way out. Where do you stand on Jonathan Brooks for the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Jonathan with two o's Brooks is that how Jonathan is always spelled by the way I thought there was it was a thha N, not thh o N. And I can't stop looking at it.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, I didn't notice that till just now, And I'm like, I was gonna say, I think you have a typo.
Speaker 2: It's j O N. I thought that's where you were placing the second. Oh you don't, No, no, no, no, no, you're right. I've never seen that.
Speaker 3: Now I'll never draft him. I can't even understand the concept of how his name spelled. I can't believe in him for my fantasy team. No, I do think that there's obvious risk. He's a running back coming off of consecutive torn acls, and remember how long it took for Javonte Williams to get back to his old self after just one ACL tear. But the better news for Brooks is that he's so young. He's still only twenty two years old, so maybe his recovery timeline looks a lot faster than a guy that's even three years You know that seat.
Speaker 2: Well, he's had ample time at this point.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, he's he's had tons of time, and if he's not out there sort of beleaguering the injury further, like he's not being asked to run through the injury in games, which could probably be a set pack for a lot of guys. Then the freshness probably does account for something, John, and I will say, Rico Daldo you mentioned he outpaced Toba Hubbard last year. Granted part of that was because of Hubbard's own calf injury that flared up, but the team showed confidence in Brooks. You don't let Rico Daudo walk because it's not like he was gonna have to get a massive payday. You could afford to keep both chubbered chubbered Hubbard.
Speaker 2: And that's a good one. I actually like that we should.
Speaker 3: Just cut through it and call him chubbered from here on out. I think save space, save you know, vowels. In any case, I think that Brooks has the vote of confidence. And at this range, who has this kind of upside around where he's being drafted. Not a ton of guys, So I get the appeal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the name of the game. In the triple digit picks, Remember most of these guys are going to get dropped or hurt before the first month of play's over. So if you have a chance at player to check the box is to be the big breakout. I think Brooks is that I don't know if it's gonna happen. I don't even know if I'm making a week one, but that is the type of play that could hit, so I depending on my build.
Speaker 2: That's where I've been. Let's do this last player really quick.
Speaker 1: It's Zach Charbonnay on the Seahawks ADP one sixty five. I believe he's gonna start moving up now. He tore on ACL in January in the wild card game. That's part of why I've been so high on Price. I normally give twelve months for recovery. Is kind of what we were mentioning why I'm into the early injuries. I want the twelve month recovery time to land in the off season so there's no pressure to return to early. I always feel like everybody, the player, the staff, the coaches, everybody has a vested interest in getting these guys on the field. They don't know better, you know. They they want to win, they want to play, and I worry. So when I see the timeline, that's what I'm into. This is the opposite. This feels totally rushed. I don't know how we could get this guy back. He had surgery in late February. Nine month recovery usually minimum that's October, November or and now they're like they're trying to talk about having him available early. There was a mention of week one today. Yeah, right, not gonna happen. So I'm hoping that people run with that week one narrative and it hopefully will knock price down around where I'll be there to scoop him up on one hundred percent of teams. It's not that I don't like sharbon Ay. I just think this is putting the cart before the horse way. Too many things can go wrong, and you risk the reaggravation if you rush back too fast. So I'm out on Sharves even at pick one sixty five.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Halani one v one right now. Where are you on, Charboney? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I mentioned Devonte Williams and his like two year process to looking as good or close to as good as he did initially. CHARBERTA doesn't have even like you said a full year to get back to his old self, and let me remind you his old self was not anything fantas astic for your fantasy teams. A healthy Charbone never finished higher than RB twenty nine in PPR points per game. Yeah, they let Kenneth Walker go in free agency, but they spent the first round pick on Jendarian Price. So unless Price just completely winds up an unexpected bust, they're not gonna give Charbonet the workload that you want to be this invested in a guy. So yeah, give me Price, give me Halani, give me Emmanuel Wilson if you want to just take a contrarian shot later on in your drafts. But there's no chance that I'm doing anything with Charbonet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Well, an Emmanuel Wilson mentioned means it's time to get out of here, mister Jake.
Speaker 2: You know what. I'm glad that we took the time. Though.
Speaker 1: We will sever the back end of the outline and we'll go back to it next week with pass catches and whatever news and olds come up. Thanks so much everybody for hanging along with us. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for listening to Fantasy Football Weekly and we'll see you soon. I know no, you know no.