Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony door Set De Montree More and new He scrugs.
Speaker 4: It's that time, that time, that time, game week, all right? Who is here?
Speaker 5: And the Players Lounge coming at you sting podcast studio at the Star in Frisco. Cowboys are on the field practicing right now, getting ready for the New York Football Giants. Anthony Dorset is here, Barry Church is here. I'm new He scros Church. You know, I was cleaning before I walked in.
Speaker 4: I had the you know, so.
Speaker 6: Going doing TV, doing doing some TV, you know a little bit, Yeah, doing a little TV work, telling people. Oh yeah, you can check it out special edition. All right, it's a thirty minute show. It's me, myself, Nate Newton, the Great, Isaiah stand back in the Voice of the Star, Kyle Humans, He's everywhere. So we got that show. I believe it airs. I want to say seven pm on Saturdays, you can catch it. But we recorded it on Thursday and we got a lot of topics you want to dive into. Man, the running game, we're breaking down film, you're talking about the Bland. I mean, we got a lot of stuff, so you must tune in Saturdays, man, check us out.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good listen. Okay, let's let's start right there.
Speaker 5: All right, Doron Blant, it just signed him to a nice deal ninety million dollars and uh Bredren. Yes he's hurt. It's hurt so foot ankle injury. So they got you know, legg and angel ankle injury. So it's an issue right there. So what do you hear? What's the best best before shot? Hibers, give us anything?
Speaker 4: What do you know?
Speaker 7: Oh man?
Speaker 4: From what it seems like one? I got a question? Is this the same like foot type of injury he had? Different?
Speaker 6: That was a different one. Okay, all right, but when you talk about Bland, man, this is a guy that obviously he's not going to be in there this week, and it's going to be a huge blow to the Dallas Cowboys overall because not only you're talking about one of the best ball hocking corners international Football League, I mean fourteen interceptions in his first couple of years is outstanding, but he plays one of the hardest positions on the defensive side of the football, and that's the nickel position. You know, not only do you have to be able to cover because you don't get the sideline to help you. Like if you're an outside corner, you got the outside line to help you. But if you're in a nickel spot, it's nothing but space and you going against some of the quickest, fastest receivers there are in the game.
Speaker 4: And that's the position he plays.
Speaker 6: But not only that, you're basically a glorified linebacker as well.
Speaker 4: You got to be.
Speaker 6: Able to fit in the run game, especially with Iberflus's defense. It's not like a corner that's okay, you just fit where needed, like oh man, you miss thet tack, let's rally and get them. You got a specific gap and a specific responsibility when it comes to the run game. So you're going to need a veteran type player, a solid player to play that position. And right now, with Bland not being in the game, it's looking like and Kayln Carson he's on IR as well, it's looking like you got I don't want to destroy his name ready, Reedy Stewart young young guy out there.
Speaker 4: Ready ready, I mean it's ready rock at one of.
Speaker 6: The hardest positions on the defensive side of the football.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna be tough for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're losing a bona fide baller at Bland and you're replacing them with uncertainty, So it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be tough.
Speaker 5: Man, And you've got Diggs who did surprisingly play nice gaming, but now you're this is going to be more of a low because you got Malik Neighbors over there for the Giants.
Speaker 2: He hungry, Yes, he is hungry right now.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm just like like Barry, you know, I would just definitely be as concerned as as as Barry is with the secondary right now, losing a guy like man who wears so many hats and right.
Speaker 2: Now is part of the leadership back there.
Speaker 8: With them being so young too as well, there's going to be a void back there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And with the.
Speaker 8: Way we're looking right now, of course, being able to man up in the middle and stop the run a little bit more, still haven't gotten a lot of pressure. So with that being said, whoever's going to be back there, they could be back there in coverage for a while. Hopefully not, but it's possible that it could happen. So I know that they said they're looking to bring somebody from in house into actually you know, next man up more so then go outside and bring somebody else in.
Speaker 2: But you just got to be smart about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And if there's a talent out there, I think they said Gilmour, which he can do it, and if he can't do nothing else.
Speaker 4: He could be on the outside. Yeah, I think he can play on the outside and then that.
Speaker 7: Can exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nickel guy, but he can. One thing he can do is bump and run.
Speaker 4: What's he about thirty three?
Speaker 8: Still he's still bothering him. And he's always been a student of the game. If you watch this technique, he's a very smart football player. So when you in that position, when you lose a step, you know, if you're cerebral enough, you actually don't lose that step as much.
Speaker 2: As you would.
Speaker 7: It's just a skill play.
Speaker 6: And I will say this when it comes to the defense. They didn't play one snap of man the man coverage last week against Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: It was all.
Speaker 4: Zone, some type of match zone.
Speaker 6: So that that will help you out as far as a nickel to where all right, I got eyes on quarterback. I got a specific zone I gotta worry about. I don't have to necessarily, Hey, here's my man right here. But I also got to worry about the run fit. There's not really much that conflict your end zone. You got eyes on the quarterback. So if I'm fluse in this defense, I'm going into that game with that same mentality.
Speaker 5: You think about the front being a little bit better against Philadelphia because you had Kenny Clark yes in the middle, and Solomon Thomas and Diggs.
Speaker 4: They spoke in the locker room yesterday.
Speaker 5: So if the front can improve, and it's not like there's no sau this week, that's true.
Speaker 2: But it is scatter.
Speaker 8: Hey, when we say we always talked about that, put your and the dirt and play you.
Speaker 9: That boy said I met it. And then it's against America's team down here. You don't think he's trying to hook up that truck in the trailer.
Speaker 4: Y'all, y'all called it.
Speaker 6: I hated playing against cast like that, just shroud like you got every snack and got the bread.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 4: Rocky Balboa, Italian Scally.
Speaker 9: But to think about it is he got a little bit of speed to him, like it ain't it ain't like he's just trucking like he out there.
Speaker 7: He's gonna give you one or two cut.
Speaker 9: But then now after that it's get behind these pass boys.
Speaker 6: So hate cash, like man's loads to the ground so that you can't get man.
Speaker 9: He reminds me of the white chocolate version of a mom brash at the way, Hey.
Speaker 7: Just short your thumper, Just don't hear.
Speaker 2: Hey Brashaw exactly.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying. It's the New York schemes. But like you said, he still ain't say quan You know that.
Speaker 2: Ain't that he's gonna make you play behind him past.
Speaker 9: He definitely, But after what I seen last week, Hey, I'm not worried about it. I'm not worried about it. I'm worried about the I'm worried about that edge. I'm worried about Russ. Like we've seen Russ, he was getting out the pocket and the Giants against their pass rush. You had Brian Burns, Uh, you had what's the Carter? Uh, Carter Carter. You had Tipoeau, you had the edges really sitting there like keeping Russ in there that which made him like they eliminated that he couldn't get to his outside help, which with us, which was our weak point. Guess what, we shut it down in the middle, but we kept escaping to the edge.
Speaker 7: We kept giving it up there.
Speaker 9: And we all know that Russ is better when he's rolling out on the throwing on the run. So that's what makes me nervous going into this game, especially with the news of Blad being gal. Like you said, you got Trayvon Diggs, but leadership only helps you so much. He has to not only worry about the problem and the hungry Eliite laborers coming in there, but you got to catch You got to catch these young guys up. They already let you know that it's gonna be out. So, like I said, if I'm a vet, I'm gonna look keep be a little upset and be like, hey, why can't we bring in somebody that we know or that's familiar with the system that could be a plug and play to take or alleviate some of that pain or extra stress, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: So d tackles Okay, scataboo.
Speaker 5: Okay, scat Scataboo gets sixty yards like tick one.
Speaker 4: Did, I think you'll be all right?
Speaker 5: All right, right, which ultimately I come back to this, if you can stop to run and make it second and nine, and then you can start to help your corners. They're going to this week white Cotton and the d line are going to have to help the DBS got sir, Okay, the front.
Speaker 4: Has got to help the back this week.
Speaker 5: And and who knows how long Bland maybe be out here. But right now I'm thinking to myself, if I'm at Eba Flu's and company, hey, look, how can we make sure they don't run the football? Put them in second and long and try to try to make our bread there.
Speaker 6: And that's and that's it's a scary sight because you know what Washington did in week one against Russell Wilson out there, because he had no time to go through the progressions.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, man, Malik's not there.
Speaker 6: The next thing, he went to number two and there's Deron Pain, there's you know, Frankie Louver coming at it. So he didn't have that time here. You know we saw week one Hurts had the time back there. Now he wasn't able to pick apart the secondary and do his thing.
Speaker 7: They you know, they played well.
Speaker 6: But if you give Russell Wilson some time back there, I think he's a veteran enough quarterback to be able to see if it's zone out there, Okay, where's the window at here?
Speaker 4: It is, boom, let me hit it.
Speaker 6: So that's the only thing that kind of got me because we're gonna have to find a way to get after him.
Speaker 2: He still got one of the best deep balls.
Speaker 4: He gonna put that.
Speaker 2: He still.
Speaker 7: He's gonna put it, honey basket. But the only thing that.
Speaker 9: I would say, which as a good defense coordinate playing this ebra foos defense, if you have the talent up front with the D line, like, yes, they built some some credibility to say, hey, East Flues, this is on us.
Speaker 7: And this and man, But you kind.
Speaker 9: Of sit there and say, as a defensive coordinator, do I trust y'all enough to say, hey, y'all build up enough trust to where I'm not gonna call these blitzers or most defensive coordinators. And we know how coaches do. Sometimes they over scheme the thing. And yes, you didn't call one man the man and it was very effective, but now you're down a man now, you're gonna say, Okay, how do you compensate that and running the zone defense? Well, guess what, zone blitz that's how we do it. If we couldn't get the pressure on the edge, we're going to stay in our zone. That was how we can bait them there. But then we're gonna have to have somebody that has that blitz capability and if you do that effectively, which this D line is not a veteran D line, so most people are usually more suitable to adjust. But the vet D lines I've been around, like a Seattle you had Mike ben in.
Speaker 7: Cliff Averel, those older guys.
Speaker 9: Typically with D linemen, you know how it is, Hey, stop calling those blitzer back there.
Speaker 7: They stop bringing them.
Speaker 9: And so that's why I wonder if he's gonna call up these blitzer. Are the D lineman gonna say, hey, let's get this going, or are they going to say, hey, man, are they gonna low key feel a little disrespected after we played the way that we played last week and now that you sending these blitzers like it's low key feeling like you're trying to compensate for them. But in all actuality, you're disrespecting us, So you can kind of get a little mixed up there.
Speaker 6: They're gonna have to make the plays because he said he sent ain't worry about it. Yeah he sent and he sent bland On Blitzeres last week.
Speaker 4: I mean, they weren't able to make the play. He just kind of threw them off.
Speaker 7: But so what are you gonna breaking here?
Speaker 4: And we get back, Let's get a break the numbers.
Speaker 5: Just a couple of numbers here for the Cowboys that you have to feel good about it.
Speaker 4: I don't gamble, that's not my thing, but.
Speaker 5: Boy, if I did, if I did.
Speaker 4: Be feeling really good.
Speaker 5: Anthony dor said Trey Moorebury Church on New Strutch Players Louds brought you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys do guy, Hey.
Speaker 2: There, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over. It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 10: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season that's Crownrooyal dot com, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 4: To the players loud Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedules officially here and limited tickets are available now.
Speaker 4: Get yours and get ready to bring the.
Speaker 5: Noise as you watch the Cowboys have at and t sad when they face the NFC rival Eagles, Giants, Commanders, plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, Slash tickets or seat geek dot Comedy Official Tickety primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and by the way, if you're going to the game.
Speaker 4: It's a noon game. Better leave early, okay, the first Cowboy game with the year. It's packed.
Speaker 5: And you you know, I guess so many folks who trying to leave hour before I do three. I'm a three hour guy, just because I don't want to sit in it at all. And we are lucky because we get media passes, we get.
Speaker 4: A party right in the front. You're not one of the you huffing it.
Speaker 7: You gotta you gotta wolf it.
Speaker 9: You gotta catch them shuttles Texas loud understand they getting the night before's.
Speaker 5: And wait, boy, walking in that heat, just trying to say, get there. I'm trying to tell you, Okay, if you get early.
Speaker 9: Well they say you go there an hour before the game, you go, get you a free tour complimentary. They're gonna have Rangers Ball Park over there ready for you.
Speaker 7: Guys. Y'all can get to see all.
Speaker 9: The amenities that you walk by, because that's how far you go be parking back if you if you, if you lucky and it's warm still, I said, you can get you some of good what they say, some tailgate food on the way though, you're gonna have all the.
Speaker 2: Grills, need to be hooking it upbout that and they be getting it good.
Speaker 5: I just tell that, just just be just just bwhere if you're going, because you know some folk this will be their first game, the.
Speaker 4: First Cowboy game you enjoy.
Speaker 5: But get so there three hours help you three hours, man, If you're there three hours before, you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 7: Get no stress, for I don't need to be on my time limits. What you're saying, even if I got it before he got.
Speaker 5: It, even even if you just hit in your car, fall sleep, I mean, just do just do not you do not want because you because by then I think people find out.
Speaker 4: You can have a parking pass, man, but it could be full.
Speaker 7: That's the way.
Speaker 9: How do you have a parking pass? I don't get fool like you know what, over selling it like lines.
Speaker 4: That's because he can't.
Speaker 8: You won't want to hear you got yeah, you talking about the parking pass that you actually paid for.
Speaker 9: That you can't you be pulling up to him. No, you see that it's good. No, the parking lot is full. Just just go over there and show them like what yes, what the what they do?
Speaker 7: A church? The good man goes, here's the overflow section.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, literally ticket so yes, yes, yes, George, you could pay. You could end up paying seventy five dollars and three full going now down the road for the first.
Speaker 9: Game, man, And it's a rivalry game like against the Giants.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: The two games that I tell people, make sure that the first one Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Oh, you gotta be there Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Get the people, you know, it's it's one of those games that people circle and you know, the first they haven't venue even Eve Well, I've been everything Thanksgiving, so it's you know, and it's it's it's it's just jam pack. That's all I'm saying. So get the right here playing. We look it out for you.
Speaker 2: How soon do they open the stadium? Like so on game day?
Speaker 8: So, like say, if you get there three hours ahead of time as a fan, can you get into the stadium that early?
Speaker 7: Go outside?
Speaker 6: That's the parties and watch parties on our side.
Speaker 4: You go watch church back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're gonna see me behind the camera, just directing, getting the sweat rag going.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your value.
Speaker 4: That's why I say you sitting in your car taking nap.
Speaker 8: I mean I was asking because you know, a fan may be able to get that experience of getting there and watching their favorite player warm up before the game, see them to go through you know his individual drills that like the preparation and stuff like this, like two hours before.
Speaker 2: It just appends on that product. You know what I'm saying. But you never know what Like I said, you never know what it does.
Speaker 9: You in Texas? What better time on a Sunday like you gotta do. I'm telling you, the tailgate is gonna be out there. People are gonna be grilling. You got the pregame shows, you.
Speaker 7: Got hacking stack like its bro being what they say.
Speaker 9: Being on this other side, like I used to, I was like, how do people get up her four or five hours before the game and they.
Speaker 2: Would be having any time. So if you get.
Speaker 8: Their beverages involved, they make time go by real fast.
Speaker 6: That's the first thing I realized, because you know, growing up playing high school college NFL, you never really got to experience a tailgate.
Speaker 4: That's when I was done. I went over to one more. This is lit, this is.
Speaker 2: Let me get something of that.
Speaker 4: Brother. No, don't eat breakfast an.
Speaker 9: Empty stomach and then extravag What what kills me now is like I remember I had it was just one an m booster at the time. He had like his whole minute like suv that he will pull up in and literally rolled out his own turf in the parking lot, pulled out two grills, two big screen TVs where you're watching all the other games. That he come up there and by me, hood, get this burger like they everything you talking about full to the nine and for everybody to be doing that. I said, bro, this is really a whole new world. Now portable generators.
Speaker 7: I love it. Glamping, glamping, lamping, there it is there. You go.
Speaker 5: All right, Barry Church Wars anthing you were said on new Scruge, A right, A couple numbers here, I said, I don't get, but how about this. Eight Dallas owns an eight game winning streak over the New York Giants, the longest active streak wind streak in the NFL by a team against a divisional opponent, tie with the longest of any of the matchup eight straight by Kansas City against Washington thirteen. Dak Prescott owns a thirteen game win streak against the New York Giants, the longest win streak by NFL quarterback against a single opponent since Tom Brady's thirteen game winning streak against the Bills, which was from two thousand and three to twenty ten.
Speaker 7: That got some deceiving numbers.
Speaker 5: By thirteen, the only longer streak by quarterback in NFL history is Bob Greasey's seventeen game winning streak against the Bills.
Speaker 4: From nineteen sixty eight to nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Really second, every time.
Speaker 7: He's our kryptonite.
Speaker 2: He can we can't do it thirteen straight.
Speaker 4: So the last time he lost was his I was playing his rookie year. Yeah, the second year, second game we lost.
Speaker 7: I think that was. I was there.
Speaker 4: I was there, he was on the team, was on New York, I was on Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Was I dropped?
Speaker 7: I was sick?
Speaker 4: I dropped to twenty sixteen? Twenty six?
Speaker 7: Was that the catch show?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, that was that was eleven or twelve or yeah, he definitely get But yeah.
Speaker 9: Sunday night on my phone calls, so wick up man.
Speaker 4: So you guys are former players.
Speaker 5: Okay, you go into this game and you see a number A, you beat him a straight times. You got Dak who's healthy, He's won thirteenth straight. How do you guys view it?
Speaker 8: How do you see it all right, we already know in the back of our minds were chalking it up as a w but we already know on any given Sunday, you're gonna have to come and play, Okay. So that being said, like, yeah, the motivation in the locker room and all through the building, it's like, yeah, we all up.
Speaker 2: Everybody's feeling really good about themselves.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, we already know you gotta come in here, you gotta Dutch eyes, you gotta cross your t's. You just can't come here thinking like this because you've beat them thirteen times, they gonna lay down. Nah, they ain't coming lay down. That's the New York Football Giants, you know. And so they got some stuff. And don't forget they got a young quarterback back there behind Russ just biting at the bit.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: We already talked about scatterbrew.
Speaker 8: You l boogie if you shout out, all right, So it just you know, it depends. But no, like seriously, I'm like, if I'm dak I'm like, come on, man, I'm about to go out here like these boys up again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it the right way.
Speaker 8: But I'm already knowing, and I got the confidence in the back of my mind that like, we're not taking ail this week.
Speaker 7: Get off there, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like you said, if I'm Dak, I'm confident. You know I'm not about I'm not about to break this streak right now. But also with being a VET and stuff like that, you know that you can get beat any given Sunday. And so I think, if anything, if I'm Dak, I'm sitting there thinking it's a little more pressure because it's like, it's hard what they say, it's hard to keep coming back and beating somebody and this and that, and now you're going to have that constant reminder because going into this week, we all know it's the first home game, like doing your thing. Coaches is trying to get you riled up. They gonna tell you all these numbers, but what they say, don't believe the smoke, don't believe the hype. And so with Dak doing his due deal of just and knowing the competitor he is and breaking that down, I know he more so is putting pressure on himself to like, I gotta do this for my team, and not only doing this for my team.
Speaker 7: I won't let this be the week. I won't be that guy.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. I mean, these guys hit it all.
Speaker 6: You gotta go out there, and you got to understand that this isn't, you know, Alabama versus Southern Missouri State or you know what. I'm just made that up, but Brett fak did be Alabama time.
Speaker 4: But yes, it's not one of those games, man. So you gotta go in there.
Speaker 6: You always gott to, you know, keep your head on the swivel and make sure you go out there and perform to the best of your abilities. And Dak Prescott, like I always said, went healthy. He's one of the best in the game and he won't let you know. He's one of not only is he one of the best quarterbacks in the game, but he's possibly the best leader you know, I've ever been around on the football field. And he won't let his teammates, you know, stoop down to the level. We see that so many times a team that's you know, up here balling. They're way better than the other teams, but they play down to the level of competition. That's something I see Dak Prescott not allowing his teammates to do. And so far, you know, Shoddy, even though it's one game, I don't feel like, you know, he's the type of coach to let his team go out there. You know, I'm prepared or playing down to the level because this was the first time in a long time against Philadelphia. They came out, started fast, and I got to give Shotty some credit for that. So for me, with those two combined, I don't see them, you know, letting this game get away. But like you said, I mean they're professionals over there as well.
Speaker 9: Most importantly, you got to remember it it's rivalry.
Speaker 7: Everybody talks about that rivalry.
Speaker 9: In the division game, and then for it to be the first one that's the most important. Like people are not going to talk about the winning history and this and that. They're going to talk about the importance of how long this franchise have been playing each other? What's the total win percentage?
Speaker 4: Can't you really do that after facing Philly?
Speaker 9: You can, because that's what coaches do. Like it's like you see, you see a little, you see a lot, but see a lot.
Speaker 7: I sit a little and like if you'.
Speaker 9: And that's and ibra Flus is that guy to where he's gonna say don't take the bait.
Speaker 4: So who's the rival for the Cowboys? Recently, I gotta say it's Philly.
Speaker 9: Okay, recently it's Philly, But historically I would like to say it's to Giants.
Speaker 4: Don't you think Washington?
Speaker 7: Washington historically, Oh my bad, I'm sorry for me then growing up, But I guess.
Speaker 5: And I would say it's it's been the last twenty years has been fluid because when the Giants are winning Super Bowls, that was the bar, even though the Cowboys and the year the Giants won that first when Eli Dallas drilled him twice twice and then ended up losing.
Speaker 4: That playoff game.
Speaker 5: But I was always saying, it's about who's that winning team, and when it's Philadelphia, right in Philly, if Washington gets up, there is washing it. So it's fluid, and in some ways to me it's just me. The Cowboys remind me of of a team like Notre Dame. Whoever you're playing, they ready for you. You go on the road, they ready for.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 7: The only reason I will say that speaking do that.
Speaker 9: Let's get back on the topic, because because I'm telling you they don't want to, they don't do y'all want me to bring y'all the clothes to wear on Monday when we win.
Speaker 7: They don't jump on that bandwagon. It's enough room, backer.
Speaker 4: I think this is my thing.
Speaker 7: You still got Why are you focusing on me?
Speaker 11: Two?
Speaker 2: And the ones that focus? Everybody knowing you about it?
Speaker 9: Like everybody everybody anyways. Like I said, as far as when I say rivalry, I know i'm speaking for that.
Speaker 7: I've been in.
Speaker 9: I've been fortunate enough to be in both locker rooms. I know how they talk about it in New York. On that side of it, the way that they feel is like, oh, we're America's team, Like, how can you be America's team?
Speaker 7: You ain't did this? So I know they're gonna put that in.
Speaker 4: Right, But that's like okay.
Speaker 5: And why they called Dallas Week really like, yes, they called that Washington put me it is Dallas Week. They used to have like a luncheon in Yes, Dallas Week, Man, Dallas Week, and then they would call me, Hey, we want you all for Dallas likest to help you Washington, Washington. You just on the schedule.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it means, it means, I mean, so I can fill it up here hate the cowboy. It's just it's a different kind of thing. So that's why I just say, I don't really know if the Giants are robbing. I mean, if they were first place, you would chase them. Yeah, But right now, to me, it's Philly. So you go from play Philly this week and now you got the Giants. Well, it's really more like, hey man, you can't go over too, and it's the home wins. It's not oh my gosh, he come the Giants.
Speaker 9: I mean, but you gotta wear what they said. You gotta worry about that hungry dog back then.
Speaker 4: N f N East opponent.
Speaker 5: But just from the standpoint, hey man, it's it's you're not you know, ain't nobody Hey man, I need them I need them Giants tickets. You know, it's not that way. It's not that way at least when I'm around it. It's not that way.
Speaker 4: You've been around way longer than me, and I've just I've just seen just different.
Speaker 5: When they say rivalries over somebody, hey ma, I need I need those tickets.
Speaker 7: So who would you who would you say?
Speaker 9: Like your whole time and covering and just knowing the lineage of football, the way that you do, because you got three I would say, three different areas.
Speaker 5: It's always about it's fluid whoever it truly is fluid who's on top? I mean, when when Parcels and Company were winning, you know, he wanted to beat the Giants, and then all of a sudden, you know, then it's then it's Washington. When Jimmy was here, it was Washington because they had won Super Bowl twenty six, and then cow was you know, wins super Bowl twenty seven to twenty eight, but Washington was that bar. And then you had Buddy Ryan a Philadelphia for a while, the Cowboys, you know, you had to get through them too, But but Washington was the world champions. And so it's gonna go on who's winning right now? And so right you got Philly. You know, they've won two Super Bowls with two different head coaches. So what they've got going on here? The last five six years, it's been them that you're thinking, Hey, you you want who do you have to beat?
Speaker 4: The winning division? You guys play ball, your how do you win it? Who's that team?
Speaker 7: Pretty much?
Speaker 5: Who do we go through? And right now you're not saying you gotta go through just not with a thirteen game win streak.
Speaker 4: It ain't no rivalry.
Speaker 5: Somebody women thirteen straight times like Dak's got our eight winds of a row. You know, it's it's different. It's not not college football where hey man, we we'd even had this one hundred years. You know, you got the backyard brawl going up in there. You know West Virginia coming to town. It is, that is what it is for you, ass A and m against Texas. I mean, it don't change, don't who do you guys have to leave?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So, and that thing is is you know when you come to campus, it's hardy. They got like books, right bums come back and let you hey man, don't don't I'm coming to this one. Don't don't you know right right? Don't you dot whatever money I was given snatching it back or it get increased this week. You know it's double this week. So here's it's just the giants. And if you get if you get beat and you know, you know, you know, you know you're talking about if you win, no Kudos's just you're supposed to do you just supposed.
Speaker 9: To in the division into in the division.
Speaker 5: Yes, can't, can't, can't do that, can't do that. We haven't dived into Michael bars yet.
Speaker 2: Flash back they throw back thirty lay.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 7: Good that?
Speaker 2: That was good anyway. Brought to you by Aristocratic Gaming, Get the Segue.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 4: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over with that scary bridge.
Speaker 4: Smoothie King has.
Speaker 13: The fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recover with forty five grams of pro team, zero grams of Adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kim.
Speaker 2: Hey, They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 14: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chap, it's action off the field.
Speaker 4: You need to focus on.
Speaker 14: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got town Gates, hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane Sauce and jugs are freshly made. Tea and lemonade all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers.
Speaker 15: One love, Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here former Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Saving Davis after they ez.
Speaker 13: You know what.
Speaker 15: Separates Hamptons from the rest Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bowld when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started.
Speaker 7: And learn more.
Speaker 15: That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 4: To the players Loud. Are you a Cowboys super fan?
Speaker 5: The search is on for the twenty twenty five Pan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. This is going on now through September twenty Night nominated an extraordinary NFL fan Dynamic Duo's game changers who wrapped the Cowboys with pride and turned every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty entered to win an NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year. Today, Super Bowl sixty will be wow in Santa Clara, California, a Bay area.
Speaker 7: I remember that one Bay that last time I was there. He got Super Bowl MVP. Was that when they played then dive on the ball, Claire Man. That traffic was horrible. That's all right, it was man.
Speaker 4: That was the fun part for me in that game was to h to talk to d ware after. That's a big time when he got that was big.
Speaker 2: Time and waye Phillips, it's two Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Great, come on, d C.
Speaker 4: He that that defense won game.
Speaker 15: It did.
Speaker 8: Peyton Manny was not good. He was not good to show put arm at that time. He couldn't even he was.
Speaker 4: Just going and they beat Tom now year right in the AFC.
Speaker 2: The defense, the mayors, Thomas where.
Speaker 7: Boss to lead.
Speaker 5: Where told me that that Peyton said, look, man, you know I ain't gonna have that many and some of these you guys win it. And but but the honesty, you know, that's what doesn't make Pton maker. Hey look, I can't go beat what I used to be. I'm gonna give you what I got. I got by two of them and me. But you all go have to go do what you do.
Speaker 4: And you know what, it was enough.
Speaker 7: It was enough.
Speaker 9: So who don't well, obviously d where uh we love him here in Dallas, but what he don't get the credit that he do from everybody, Like yeah, you're happy that the general came there, but everybody talked about like Vaughn single handedly talked about how de Warred was that X factor, Like even though d Ware was on the back end of his career, that mentorship and that guidance he gave Vonn to show him how to study the game, break it down on the film, and then just to know, you know how it is when you got that big dog that come on the team, it's like everything's doing it and you got everything else that was foring.
Speaker 7: He was that piece that took them over the hump. So like yeah, shout out of de ware for that year, like that was crazy.
Speaker 5: For another thing to help put him in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The statistics, you know, top ten in sacks all time, but that.
Speaker 4: That mentorship to leadership.
Speaker 5: Take von Miller, who was a second overall draft pick out of Texas A and m who had a couple bumps in the road early on his career, and credit to Vaughan, you guys know this his veterans.
Speaker 4: He listened, Yes, that's half of the battle. You good.
Speaker 9: Like he'd be like, hey, oh he know what he's talking about. And the thing about it was I got to witness it because that vonn is my god brother. So you know, I was playing for the Giants. We were losing early. So to see him talk about him in our group chat, bro look with de Waar showed me like we studied him and then to get up there and see that like you had Elvis Duomouville that was therefore he was a technician, but he showed him the importance of listening an older guy.
Speaker 7: Once he got d wearing there. It was like he said, bro, literally just came to meetings every day. Hey, voon, what do we do? So listening to him and Wade Phillips in.
Speaker 6: That room and that's why that's just And I bring that back to bring it, you know, to the Mizi situation, like.
Speaker 4: You know, it's coachable like that.
Speaker 7: Do we want to be saying that?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 4: Want to be saying can you be coachable?
Speaker 2: Because you got he was guyre with you know, DLA and Cap Crawford. You guys, you got somebody down.
Speaker 7: He still got crossed with this down the streets right down.
Speaker 2: D Ware.
Speaker 9: Is funny because I seen Dware do a quote on the podcast Shady McCoy.
Speaker 7: That's what it was. He asked, He said, you right now, he said.
Speaker 9: I'll give you a million dollars if you can name the starting defensive line on the Cowboys and for a Cowboys great and for the where to be a football like he his. I you know how it is for him not to be able to name everybody on that D line. That goes to show you that he's not in the building and y'all are not reaching out like I know if they reach out like as the as the high paid guy on the D line. If you like, hey, d working you just come back in here. You got Charles Hayley that's walking up and down all the way, that's giving you advice.
Speaker 5: So it's like de Marcus is in contact with Donovan is Rock and and so that happened because I made the connection.
Speaker 7: You can see I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Did I did a group text with the It's like, you guys need to know it.
Speaker 8: And you probably remember the guy's name. I can't remember his name. He just passed away not too long ago. But it was the old dude that used to work with Randy White. He didn't work with so many people, so many D linemen on hand placements that just sent that what was his name?
Speaker 2: He was the guru at it like and then de Marcus where it.
Speaker 8: Got with him, Like it's but I know you're talking about I say, it's just like what you talked about, Like okay, like you got a wealth of.
Speaker 2: Knowledge just in and walking around this building, you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like if if if as a young player, if maybe you're too nervous or too shy to say something to somebody, but trust me, like I have not met an older player who.
Speaker 7: Does not like to help to give that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't like to put you up on game.
Speaker 4: But once then you got it.
Speaker 5: The lesson begins when the student is willing to learn, and some of them have to go. You know, but what guy was said, formal education will earn your living. Self education will make your fortune. So this self education to go get it. So when I was talking to as a rocker, I said, do you know d Where? He says, no, I don't know him. I want to know him myself. Okay, we'll put you guys in the group chat together. Boom, I said, And I said, this is what you need to do. You need to talk to him. I remember when Tyron Smith was drafted by the count he had him with you. Man, that's that's that's big new, That's like, that's that's major.
Speaker 7: He better he better give you his credit when he turned.
Speaker 4: Whatever happens is going to be on the player, the player.
Speaker 9: But just to have that access, Like I remember when I walked into the locker room, that was the first thing I said, Like I got to figure out, how can I meet d Ware and just say what's up? I talked to the equipment guys. They was like, hey, I told himself, I'm a hey for his jersey. Whenever he walks through there, please let me know just so I could dap him up. And it's like I've already seen him through passing them. But I was like, hey, you remember me and he was like yeah. So to say that, I don't know what it is. But y'all these young guys, y'all have to start reaching out. If y'all watch this show, if your family watching this show, like, reach out to them, because the old guys want to stay around. They want to give you the game. Like we got the blueprint. It doesn't do us no good because we're sitting over here, like.
Speaker 4: Tonight we got thirty night football.
Speaker 11: Woo.
Speaker 4: It's a good game.
Speaker 7: Flashback.
Speaker 4: Is it in Green Bay?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 5: It is going to be in Green Bay. Washington is a three and a half point underdog. Michael Parsons already with one sack. Jaydon Daniels likes to run around. Couldn't be running right on into number one Michael Parsons. That's his jersey there, So you know, give me Green Bay to witness with twenty four seventeen. I got Green within Super Bowl I went by winning Super Bowl already.
Speaker 2: Michah was there.
Speaker 4: Yes, you picked them before that, Yeah he did did.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying so, so you know what?
Speaker 5: And I so I had Green Bay Baltimore before the trade, but I had Baltimore winning once the trade happened, I flipped it and went Green Bay to win the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Give me, give me d Q and the boys, give me the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Nobody knews Micah like Dan Quinn all right, and I feel like they're gonna have him and Cliff Kingsbury gonna do a little something. Forced Micah to think they're gonna put him in that read option. Look, Je Dams can buy time. It's gonna be a good one. But give me the Commanders.
Speaker 5: Seventeen twenty one second on the road on a short, short week got ad.
Speaker 8: Man uh hmm, looking at it, just off of the hype that came through last week with with Micah, what he was able to do on defense and how I saw it seemed like they rallied around every rep that he actually got. Now will he be able to sustain that with the defense, able to just stay that against a offense like Washington the entire game, I don't know, but I'm gonna go with Uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna take Green Bay. Yeah, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Green Bay at home, and I'm gonna say twenty four to twenty one, twenty four.
Speaker 4: Twenty one. So you got you got, you got Washington covering the spread, all right, Trey, I'm.
Speaker 9: Going with Washington till we go twenty folk twenty fout emphasis on the foe seventeen.
Speaker 7: I think I think I think it's gonna come down to a last minute, tub.
Speaker 9: I think that defense is gonna I think I think Washington defense with DQ is doing over there. Dollar of the Blitzeres with you know, the young guys, franky old guys like Vaughn and Bobby Wagner. I think they're gonna be and that pass rush up front is gonna be too much for Green Bays.
Speaker 5: All right, So you and I, Trey, of the scores, we just gotta flipped. I got twenty four to seventeen in Green Bay. You got twenty four seventeen Washington. First Thursday night game of the year, good Ones remembers on Prime.
Speaker 2: Mm oh yeah, I got to my sure, I can't. Oh you're gonna be on it.
Speaker 5: It's on Prime looking for my man Rich PSI Special Teams, Yes, sir, game man, I.
Speaker 4: Just hope they no more YouTube games.
Speaker 2: What I couldn't want?
Speaker 4: I got YouTube TV.
Speaker 9: So I'm over there like man, they got taken all the money you got exactly.
Speaker 4: You can't get no access to the short I can't. I can't reach it down. I gave got I'm going to Danny mccraye house.
Speaker 5: You got got your okay, Yeah, got all the all the golf buddies, you got all the all the golf buddies you got, man.
Speaker 7: Okay, you just tell me.
Speaker 4: I'mna bring a little i'mnna bring a little bottle the crown and.
Speaker 7: Every down there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now he ain't going turning. Yeah that's it now, No, that's true. That's true. That is Anthony Door, Sat Trey Moore, Barry Church.
Speaker 2: I knew he strugged my birthday.
Speaker 4: Is your birthday today? Yeah, I'll be by man.
Speaker 5: Somebody gets three three okay, somebody buying some young somebody buys some new juice.
Speaker 1: Do that. We are The News has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football club