Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas on this Christmas Week.
Speaker 2: Christmas Week, Christmas time is here? Are there not songs from holiday movies that just stick in your head?
Speaker 3: Are lines that do?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: There's probably I would say there is no genre of movie rewatched more than holiday movies. I was reading the other day about how valuable the like ip is on holiday movies because people just watch them over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to think of a holiday or something else as like a genre.
Speaker 3: You quote ELF all the time, year round. You quote ELF.
Speaker 1: It's one of the greatest movies period. It's it's one of my favorite movies of all time, not like holiday movie, just one of my favorite movies of all time. I think it's genius.
Speaker 3: I think, what is your favorite line from ELF?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the one that gets me every time. Is the coffee shop he walks in and yeah, you're walking he's walking through New York for the first time, obviously, and he sees if you've ever been to New York, it's like, you know, world's best pizza, world's best cup of coffee. And he sees that and he jumps in and he says, congratulations, everybody, you did it. It's just in the looks. It's not as much Will Ferrell's delivery, which is genius, but the looks of the employees and everybody in there is just like so New York.
Speaker 2: And that so.
Speaker 3: Applies year round.
Speaker 2: If someone does something, Chris goes, congratulations, you did people.
Speaker 1: Are like, you're an idiot. But I also like the use of New York, like it was a really good, real character and there was a very good New York.
Speaker 2: Movie best uses of New York, well not best, but up there Sex and the City and Elf the movie.
Speaker 1: It really is they did it. I mean, it's a solid legit New York.
Speaker 2: I would like to speak to someone about this, the chemical thing in our brain that instantly makes you remember like a quote or a song lyric. It will pop in your brain like I did it. I just got my haircut. I just came back from a haircut and the wonderful woman. And by the way, if you're in Austin, I love Deep Roots Salon. Specifically, the Cedar Park location is incredible. Shout out to Tara and Mallory. But she was coloring my hair and she just said, you know, yeah on my own, and in my brain I instantly go lay miz and I go on my own and I did it, and I'm like, oh, I said to her. She and I this is the first time she colored my hair and said, well we know each other. Well, now you know that I can't not go to musicals.
Speaker 3: What is that in your brain?
Speaker 1: Mike Trico, the Great, I don't know. There's there are certain songs and I was thinking about Mike Terrico, the sportscaster. He said this week he's like I watch Home Alone every year, and someone was giving him a hard time, like, come on, you really don't. And I'm like, we watch Home Alone.
Speaker 2: Every d You and I, with no kids in sight, decorated the tree together and watched Home Alone.
Speaker 1: We watched elfin Home Alone as we decorated the tree and we cooked dinner.
Speaker 2: I love background movies. You've seen them so many times that you don't have to be actively watching. You were cooking, I was putting up the tree, and we were half watching, half listening.
Speaker 1: My question for you, what's the Home Alone song that pops in your head when you think Home Alone, what is the song, what's the scene? What's the song? Because that's your favorite movie.
Speaker 2: It's the When you hear the chorus of the kids, it's it's kind of like when he's building up to fight back against the you know, the Wet bandits, and you hear the little kids.
Speaker 3: Schoir, they go, they go, fall on your knees. I can't hit that. That falsett I.
Speaker 1: Is fall on your knees, the same as Dobby is free. Wow.
Speaker 3: If we're talking about movies, everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know if marriage has changed Chris Harrison, but I was taking a bath the other day, which I could get into that whole thing.
Speaker 3: Are you a bath person or not?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I am not, and yet I try to make myself do it sometimes because I think you but all I do is get stressed out.
Speaker 3: You appreciate that I'm.
Speaker 1: Not a bath Frost, No, I appreciate that You're like, you have this beautiful bathtub in this beautiful house, and you're like, I'm going to be this person and you're not, Like, but you've tried.
Speaker 2: It's wasted on me. I feel bad, Like my sister loves baths. Some you you either are a bath person or or not.
Speaker 1: But I like that you go in with the intention of I'm going to have a real moment to myself and this spa like moment. And guys, five minutes later, I'm getting text messages. I hear her in there and it's not going well. She's she's a caged animal in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: It's so boring.
Speaker 2: I'm sweaty. I'm like, am I cleaning? I'm just sweating in here. I don't think here's a real question.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Little kids aside, Like kids are different. If you're an adult and you take a bath, are you clean afterwards?
Speaker 1: No, you're just stewing in your own juice.
Speaker 3: That's what I think. I'm like, I got to take a shower.
Speaker 1: There's no good. Yeah, you have to show I always if I can't remember the last time I took a bath, maybe when I was What.
Speaker 3: Can you use our bathtub? Because then someone will be No, I do not like baths.
Speaker 1: Why not If I'm sore or sick and it's like we have a hot tub, I'd rather go get the hot tub.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Well, yeah, you know what I agree with you?
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, okay, Well I'm in the bath and I come out and I realize, well, I've been wasting my time in the bath. You have been on your own watching a Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Movie, which is why he just brought up Dobby Dolby is Free.
Speaker 1: I take Apparently it's the worst one. Your least favorite Chamber of Secrets.
Speaker 2: Chamber of Secrets is it's not my least favorite book, but I do think it's maybe the worst movie.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, acting wise, the kids didn't know how to act yet.
Speaker 2: In the first movie, you forgive them. You're like, these are young kids, they're acting for the first time. I don't expect it to be that great. The third movie, you're like, Okay, the acting is still.
Speaker 3: Not that great. The story, some of the lines, some of the shots, it's just not great. What did you here's my question, what made you just actively on your own when watching Harry Potter movie?
Speaker 1: Marriage has changed me. The only reason I ever stop at Harry Potter movies is because of you.
Speaker 3: But what is the reason?
Speaker 1: I just want to? And it's funny because I don't sit and watch all of them, and I have still not watched all of them, and then and it's kind of fun. And I wonder if you're envious of me because I was watching Chamber of Secrets for the first time last night, what.
Speaker 2: I would give to experience the reveals of the Harry Potter series again.
Speaker 1: I did not know who opened the Chamber of Secrets, and I knew it wasn't Hagrid. He's too lovable, and because I've seen him in other parts of the movies and I'm like, nope, he's a lovable figure. The only way he would have done it is stupidly on accident, because he is a bumbling fool at times times and well all the time. That's his character. And so I was like, Okay, maybe he did it on accident, but I knew he was being set up. But yeah, it's because of you that I've just I will watch these and I will eventually watch them.
Speaker 3: All that makes me feel so loved.
Speaker 2: When that makes me feel so loved, and it makes me wonder if I should be watching more.
Speaker 1: Sports for you, okay, hot take. I have also not watched the other ones, the New Zealand ones, because we went to New Lord of the Rings. I have not watched Lord of the Rings either. I've seen parts of it were you.
Speaker 3: The Lord of the Rings movies were so big.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 3: Know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: They just don't appeal to me. I guess that that type of sci fi does not appeal to me. I was definitely in the Star Wars generation that came out when I was seven or eight years old. That captured my imagination. Never a Star Trek.
Speaker 3: You think you didn't go?
Speaker 2: Is that it? Or I have heard from people because when the Lord of the Rings movies came out, you had young kids, and I do feel like when you're a parent and you have young kids, you're so busy with that that you kind of miss out on like.
Speaker 1: Cultural is that when those came out early two thousandar two thousand, then I if it wasn't animated, I can tell you about every animated movie from two thousand and one through twenty ten, like all the Cars, and by the way, it was an unbelievable Hall of Fame home run set of animation at that time, like all the great movies came out at.
Speaker 3: That time time, Like I'm trying to think of one, but I was all the.
Speaker 1: Cars, all the Nemos, all the toy stories.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean well, toy stories started mid nineties and then first toy stories like ninety four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, maybe Josh just got caught the tail into those. Yeah, but we had a great run. Enchanted another one that was good, we got weir got animated, half anime.
Speaker 3: Half of it was it finding mema. I'll give you.
Speaker 1: Cars, okay, but anyway, so we digress.
Speaker 3: So thank you for watching the Harry Potter movies. It makes me feel loved.
Speaker 2: And also thank you for saying I don't have to start watching sports. Can I make an argument for something. I think movies are a more neutral thing than sports, Like it's a more all encompassing, like there can be sports moviessier to say on common ground, right, But so I think a person should be more inclined, Like if someone's like who you're dating says I love this movie, I think you should be more inclined to give that movie a shot than like a whole type of activity.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I agree. I see where you're coming. And I'm just making the case for myself not watching sports movie. Okay, there's a good chance I'm gonna like something about your movie.
Speaker 3: I would watch a sports movie with you. I like a lot of movies about sports.
Speaker 1: Like if you say to me, you may not love this movie, but Chris Pine's in it, or Stanley Tucci's in it, I'm like, okay, I'm in.
Speaker 3: You can find an entry. Yeah, exactly, Really sports, I got nothing the touch.
Speaker 1: And so Merry Christmas. Weeke to everybody. I hope everybody's kind of heading home wherever you are, and the kids are coming home. Lauren and I just tried to drive from Fort Worth yesterday back home to Austin, and it's literally, I think everybody in the world was on the road, so truly everyone's heading home for the holidays.
Speaker 3: And so it's by the way, you casually dropped in that we went to New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't want to go on about it too long as we have so much to get to. But beautiful country. I ran around quoting the Hobbit as I guess you just have to gorgeous beaches, gorgeous mountains, the kindest people. And the whole reason we went was because these dear friends of ours. Actually the guy who officiated our wedding and his wonderful wife who sang at our welcome dinner.
Speaker 3: She is from there and they have a home there that they just finished.
Speaker 2: But what this kind of got us talking about, like we were there for a while, we went there for a week, is what is a gauge of a friend you can really travel with? Like I think it's so important for couples to have couple friends. And we've talked about this, but it's a whole different thing when you're talking about going to dinner with another couple versus traveling.
Speaker 3: And you have a great phrase for.
Speaker 1: This boat people, yacht people, boat people.
Speaker 3: Can you explain that it is?
Speaker 1: If you are stuck on a boat, you're traveling, You're not stuck with them. Who would you choose to go on vacation with? And say you're on a yacht. You're on a boat that has two rooms, four rooms, whatever, so you were in pretty confined quarters. These are people You're going to be on top of a lot on this boat, going to have to eat, drink and sleep with them. You will not sleep sleep with them, but you know what I mean, You're going to see each other close quarters, Yes, close quarters.
Speaker 3: In a hotel, you can escape on a boat, you can, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, Hey, we're gonna we're gonna walk into town. We're gonna and you're like, oh my god, I can't I can't get away from Bob and Marie fast enough. Who are you know? You can't You're stuck. You can't walk on water, you can't disappear. You're stuck with these people who are your boat people? Because I would contest there are people you would travel with that still aren't boat people.
Speaker 3: This is the best level, yes, of Like I mean, is it the best level of friendship?
Speaker 2: It's definitely just a certain level of friendship where it's someone you can easily be around NonStop.
Speaker 1: These are your I guess the kids would call it your ride or die.
Speaker 2: What are the parameters for this? What are the boxes to check if to know if someone's your boat person?
Speaker 1: After three days you don't want to murder them?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: It's three day tests.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a three days you call it boat people, or you could call it won't murder them people.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's the three day fish test. You know, you leave leaf fish out on the dock for three days. At third day it's it's spoiled.
Speaker 3: Really, you think they're the first two days.
Speaker 1: So I'm just learning that that test of just not wanting to do physical harm of like I can't be with these people for one more minute that laugh or that obnoxious whatever, or they drink too much or they whatever it is, those annoying, annoying characteristics that you just can't stand after three days, that's it.
Speaker 2: I think the people generally have to be positive people, Like that's a huge part. You can't have someone who's a complainer or negative like you know every day, yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Person that finds the you know, gray cloud in the silver line.
Speaker 2: Well, or even if it's their sense of humor, like some people are really funny, but their sense of humors kind of making fun of things that can get old. I think you have to be around people who are generally positive. I think critically they have to be up for things like yeah, let's go to dinner, Yeah let's try that hike. It can't be like, you know, I'm just the stay at home person or they and they have to go with the flow of the group.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you got to match I think the energies and ideas and activities like you got to match up and whatever that is. If you're all we sit by the pool all day, people great but if if one group or one couple is we sit by the pool and sip on my ties and just get sun, and then the other group is we like to go spearfishing and yeah, and surfing and hiking and they're very active, that will not work.
Speaker 2: You're right, you've defined the I mean it's like a relationship, and just like a relationship, I think with friendship, traveling together can be a real test of a friendship.
Speaker 1: But the most difficult thing is it's easy to find. It's easier to find that in a relationship because you're finding it with one person. It is so hard to find husband and wife, man and well or whatever, just just the both of a couple. You're finding two humans that you get along with. How often is it, you know, we love her, but oh the or we love him, but oh the w and so you got to match up.
Speaker 2: It's more challenging to find boat people than it is to find the life partner. Yeah, not only is it a big week because of the holiday, but we're coming off of some pretty big podcast episodes for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a huge response. Thank you to everyone who listened to the Jason Tarctic podcasts. We did two episodes because it was just too good. We had to break it up and to sit down with Jason. Was received very well. Overall, it was received well. You know, I did. I talked a little bit about this on social media. I got a couple of messages, where's the tea, I'm not learning anything new. I dealt with that a little bit of that's not what this was about. That's not that wasn't my goal, and I will admit there's a little hypocrisy for twenty years. That is what I did. You know, I would go for some of that meat because that was the show and that was the advice.
Speaker 2: You know what, though you told me after the interview, I did not listen to it. I was in the other room, and I was just kind of because you and Jason have a great relationship. I just wanted to let you do it because I knew that you were going to probably get into some stuff about Caitlin. But after you guys recorded, you told me later who said, look, before we went into it, I did think maybe we'll really dig in and maybe we'll get some answers on things. But in the moment, and I think this is commendable to you because you got both types of moments. For years on the show, you got the emotional moment and the revealing moments, sometimes both in one. But you made the call in the moment with Jason to just say, you know what, he's still so emotional and raw about this, that this is not the time as both his friend and someone interviewing him to dig deep like he's still his emotions are still so at the serve this, that this isn't the let's dive in and I want you to spill all the team moments well.
Speaker 1: And we set some parameters as we started, because he was really concerned and respectful about Caitlin. He did not want this to come off as start this whole he said. She said thing, And I didn't either, because you know, it's interesting when you're doing an interview. And again I said this, it was a guy who broke up with someone, but it's a guy who broke up with a friend of ours, like I like Caitlyn, I respect her. This wasn't about let's bury Caitlin and.
Speaker 2: Who's right ahead of the wedding, we were both texting both of them like, hey, how are you guys at?
Speaker 3: Where are you guys at? We wanted both of them to feel super comfortable at the way, and.
Speaker 1: He did actually give me a lot of leeway to go there, and I could have asked some of these kind of pointed questions, and you're right in that it didn't feel right now. We did dig deep in a different direction. We just got so emotional and it got so heavy and the show really became about loss and about breakups. And I thought it was so much more effective and really latable to all of you that this wasn't the time for that. And we even said after because it was exhausting, and we had a drink and he's like, you know, maybe someday we revisit this and when things aren't so fresh and you know that the wounds have healed a little bit for both of them.
Speaker 2: Well, they were together for I mean, we started dating like at a similar time they did, so they'd been together four years.
Speaker 3: Five yeah, four or five years. I mean, I remember, because I think I think I broke the news.
Speaker 2: I remember I interviewed Jason like right when they'd kind of first flirted, and I'm pretty sure I broke the news at the time, like, oh no, they're really going out together, right, So I remember that moment, and you know, again, we love them both and want the best for both of them, but it does seem like, like I want to get into We actually have a couple of really good questions from all of you that we pulled from our DMS to ask because there are still follow up questions. But my first question is, after that interview, do you think there's any reconciliation to happen in the future between the two of them?
Speaker 1: I mean you romantically, oh, as I say, because the've they've reconciled, which I really appreciated. And I will add that Jason even talked to Caitlin post, you know, to let her know this is coming out. But we were very respectful and Caitlin, to my knowledge, has no problem with anything that was said, which is wonderful. And it also shows how much they've both grown and they can be respectful and start talking. And I think our wedding had a lot to do with that. We did joke about that in the podcast. You know, there was that moment you were sitting there too with me when they were by our refrigerator in our kitchen and they were.
Speaker 3: Both kind of you know, on the wedding weekend body.
Speaker 1: Language was palpable at the party we had here the night before our wedding, but it didn't go there. He did admit that I don't see it going there. I don't think they should. I think they have made a clean break. And while I think sometimes we and I say we as fans of them, want that to happen, like it would just make us all feel good, I don't know if that's what's best for them. I think they are growing and going in different directions, and I respect that for both of them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's this leads into Christa's question. Christa says Chris Jason didn't make it clear why he and Caitlyn decided to break up. What happened, or I'll add, what do you think happened?
Speaker 1: I know some stuff that happened, you know, from both of them, and it's not I'm not going to say it was her fault, his fault. It does not matter. And I guess that's my main takeaway from the podcast was I don't care, and I don't want you to care. And I know we all kind of have this insatiable appetite for come on, man, give me the dirt, but it just I it wasn't about that for me in that interview, and I didn't want it to become about that. So, you know, none of our business. And I thought about myself in my divorce or breakups I've had, and like, we don't want to talk about that. I don't care whose fault it is. I don't want that to come out.
Speaker 3: I also think that when people have been together that long, it's not just one thing, of.
Speaker 1: Course, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if somebody's in just a relationship a couple of months and you could you break up, you could write it off as you know, he was just too full of himself, right, Or maybe you're dating six months and you find out somebody cheated, Well, I thought I knew him and he didn't he cheated, And I don't even want to waste any more time. But years and years in, it's about it's not that simple. It's about more than just an easy answer. I think in every situation, and there's rumors out there. You can go online and go on the deep reddit web.
Speaker 1: And reddit web, you can go go on drws. Yeah, and there's plenty of rumors and in your windows. I'll leave that to the tabloids.
Speaker 2: Next up, Ashley says, Jason talked about his age and how he wants to find his person and start a family.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's for me, She says.
Speaker 2: I have a question for Lauren. Before meeting Chris after your divorce, did you panic about meeting someone?
Speaker 3: Great question, Ashley.
Speaker 2: Jason and I talked about this just like before and after you guys went into record as well, because I think we're about the same age. I just turned thirty six, I think Jays thirty five, and he was telling me that, you know, I know he told you that too, and I said, like Jason, the answer, the quick answer is no, I was not worried about it. Now. Granted, part of that was probably that I'd been married and I'd just gotten divorced, and I was sort of like, you know, I was. I was ready to be out of this situation I was in, So I was just feeling some relief there.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if you're at in your early mid thirties and you have not been married yet, it's impossible to not feel that.
Speaker 3: There's that societal pressure.
Speaker 2: You're scared you're losing time, you feel like, you know, I should be having kids, and you feel all that. But no, I wasn't, and I guess I would say to everybody, really try to not be. I think losing my dad taught me this. You just don't know what life has planned for you. I mean, my dad died in his early fifties, like pretty close to your age, and there were a bunch of things he still wanted to do, you know, but there are also a bunch of things he did. And I've really taken that lesson with me of like, I think you can find happiness and sorrow at any age in life, and this, you know, panic is really just a product of what we think our cultural norms are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you had some advice for Jason.
Speaker 1: Well well, and Jason did say He's like, you know, we wasted some good years and we've lost some good years. And I'm like, you know, thirty to thirty four, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you know you're looking at it going, dude, you're still a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I have the benefit and experience of time, so I can look back and realize thirty to thirty four, man, I was still figuring things out, and so is he, And so I get that obviously you don't know what you don't know, and he hasn't lived those those extra years, in that extra decade, and so, you know, I look at myself and to your point you just made fantastically Did I think I would meet the love of my life at forty seven. No, I thought it would happen a lot earlier. I thought I would have met the love of my life and someone who you know. But that's when it happened, and that's when I gave myself the grace and allowed that to happen. And now I'm the happiest I've ever been in my early fifties. And so who's to say when it's supposed to happen, And who's to say if it had worked out with Caitlin and they did get married, that that would have been the one. You don't know what life's going to throw at you, so give yourself a little bit of a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just talking to somebody the other day about, you know, because like a lot of young people have been through the pandemic right now, Like this was someone who's in their twenties and they were like, well, my twenties are supposed to be this really fun time, but the pandemic screwed it up. And I get that my twenties are supposed to be really fun.
Speaker 3: My dad dud and the.
Speaker 2: Recession happened and there were no jobs. But like, my thirties have been amazing, you know. And I would also hope that life only keeps getting better. I know life will also continue to send hardships our way, but I've just always approached it with like the outlook of it's only going to get better from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and look, when you take the knife out of the wound, it's pretty raw. It's hard to have perspective of what I'm grateful for. But you and I have this already about our first marriages. There are things we're both grateful for, and you can take that later. And I think Jason will look back and be like, oh, that relationship with Kitlyn wasn't wasted time. I'm grateful that I learned this. I learned this about myself. Even if it's only learning about yourself and you were with someone who was bad, then you're still learning and now you're growing and you are a better, bigger person. As you head into the next relationship, Jason will know what he's looking for more so so well, Caitlin. Next time they'll be better prepared well.
Speaker 2: That leads into Laurie's question. She says, Chris, what type of partner do you think would be the right fit for Jason.
Speaker 1: Jason's a big he's a big lover man. He's a big Buffalo lover. He's he's from Buffalo. He's from Buffalo. I mean, like, he's a down home boy. Family means everything to him. Loyalty, that that type of person that's just going to really kind of dive in with him.
Speaker 2: Jason is such a good dude. Can I say, like, so, when you guys did the podcast, he stayed at our house.
Speaker 1: Yes, not all guests get to sleep over.
Speaker 3: We've never wait, we've never had someone from the show no sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right, yeah, no one has. Yeah, he is the first to fly to sleep over. Yeah, Firestones here.
Speaker 3: No, oh, you know what they did at our house in La Okay, Firestone, I know.
Speaker 1: Well, people have spent the night at my house in La before, but no one in Austin. Yeah, no one in Austin. I told him he was the first one I've interviewed here in Austin. And then obviously he stayed and we went to dinner afterwards.
Speaker 3: Well, it was great.
Speaker 2: To get I had never had that, like one on one hangout, just not interviewed time with him as much. Yeah, and little things you can tell. I think they're a little basic, tried and true tests of what kind of person somebody is. Manners, helpfulness. Jason left his room. I'm gonna give him a shout out. Jason Tartik left his room spotless. He made the bet, he hung up his towel. His room was spotless when he left. Not only did he do that, he said, Hey, you guys are going to the airport too.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a car. Do you want to just jump in with me?
Speaker 1: Not only did he do that, getting him to the airport three hours early for his flight and on time for ours.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a sacrifice.
Speaker 1: And I went to the gym, worked doubt, and then we came back and we were leaving town going to the airport, and I had to, you know, put out the trash, and so I was breaking down boxes. So Jason started breaking down boxes. He literally took.
Speaker 3: Out our trash.
Speaker 2: He broke down my many Amazon cardboard boxes that I'd had from wedding stuff.
Speaker 3: Jason just helped break down boxes at our house. So he is he's just as good as he seems.
Speaker 1: You know, he's good people, and he's going to do just fine. He'll find somebody. It's it's weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: This might go into Hannah's question.
Speaker 2: Oh, Hannah asks Chris, do you think Jason would be good on another reality dating show one?
Speaker 1: I think he'd be fantastic on a reality dating show. I would love to produce a show for Jason Tartick to help him find love. I think that would be a great show. And I think he'd be wonderful because he's so sincere, he's so honest. You're going to get such raw emotion from him. What you know, I'm a big fan of people of what you see is what you get. You know, Sean Lowe was that whether you like him or not, it's like, what you see is what you get. That that was him, and so I think he would be wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I think h championing for Jason to be the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was me and Bennett one of the other executive producers at the time, benn At Grabner also also from Buffalo, So I think there was a Buffalo thing. Some the other people just weren't having it, probably because we did like him, and I forget who we went with instead, care member. Oh gosh, Welton, Well we did get the bench. It's all as a Jason. You couldn't have made that jump. You're not that athletic. But no, and answer to your question, yes, I think he would. It would be too soon to do it right this minute, but he would be really good.
Speaker 3: All right. Just two more quick questions they kind of go together, Brett says Chris. I have a question. Do you think crying is a weak thing for men to do? This is a quick answer.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. Take it from a guy who bawled like a baby at both of my weddings. I cry all the time with my daughter, and yeah, no, it's it is not only not a weak thing, it's necessary and it's the most empowering, wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you want to be the one who's always crying, right, but I think there's nothing stronger than showing your emotions, and crying is so vulnerable, and there's strength in that vulnerability.
Speaker 3: Colleen.
Speaker 2: I will finish off with this question from Colleen and at piggybacks off, bretts Chris, how did you learn how to handle people crying to you. You were so good at this on the show and on this podcast episode with Jason.
Speaker 1: It was off putting it first. It was something I had to learn. It was a skill I had to learn. I was a dad and so I had a crying baby at the time. Josh was very young, so I wasn't used to really people crying to me on an emotional level like that. So I really didn't know how to handle it. But I just think it fit in with my Midwestern disposition and the way I grew up to be a caretaker, to be empathetic, to listen it. It really taught me to just shut up and listen because in that moment, people don't need to be fixed. They don't need to be told what was right, what was wrong, whose fault it was, or they definitely don't need the I told you so, they just need to cry and they need to just vent, and so just being there and it's a skill I learned for sure over the last twenty years and has helped me be a better husband, a better parent, a better friend, and a better podcaster. Sitting with Jason, it allowed me to not be uncomfortable and not be awkward. I was like, I love you, man, Like let it out, like, let's talk about this and not try and jump in and ease the moment. Let him cry, like, let him have that moment he needed to get that out. It was really cathartic.
Speaker 2: And I hate and I do this myself too. For some reason, when we all cry, we go to the like I'm sorry, Like I'm sorry, I'm crying. This is embarrassing, I'm sorry. Jokey, yeah, And I think especially guys, you know, they're like, I'm sorry this, I hate this. And I guess that just comes from somewhere in society that tells us, you know, don't cry, and that's weak. But I'm so ready for that to be a mindset of the past.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the questions, by the way, everybody, and thanks for I mean, these were two of our biggest podcasts that we have ever dropped, and a lot of that COEs to the demand that Jason is in his popularity. And by the way, I reciprocated and did a Trading Secrets podcast with Jason that'll be dropping soon where we got into kind of my life in more so business as well and told him some things I've never shared before, so look for trading secrets his podcast. And again, my love to Caitlin, my love to Jay and all of you for taking the time to DM message me right into at the most dramatic pod ever and give us these questions. But thank you very much. We have to before we wrap this up. Huge news Oprah.
Speaker 3: Oprah's always huge news.
Speaker 1: The Oprah. She turned seventy. First of all, Happy birthday, Oprah.
Speaker 3: An icon. It's a trailblazer.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I know she's been in our lives for forever, but she's so timeless. To me, she doesn't grow old. It's does she like I mean, I saw a picture of I.
Speaker 2: Think she looks amazing, but b she is always so energetic and positive that I think it feels youthful.
Speaker 1: One of the things I want to talk about. And she's an icon and someone I respect and I know you do too, as far as a journalist and things she accomplished in this business. But besides that, there's a reason she looks so fantastic, and she talked about that, and she has been very open about being on a weight loss drug.
Speaker 2: We wanted to talk about it because I feel like you and I talk about this a lot, like I mean, for everybody the ozembic weight loss drug conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the other one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, not with maybe.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, but it has been I mean I've listened to other podcasts on it, and what's fascinating is the conversation keeps continuing.
Speaker 3: And I think it's because this drug is not done.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've talked to friends of ours who own a pharmacy and they're telling us, well, this is bigger than the biggest drug ever is known as viagra. And this is bigger because it can apply to both, you know, sides of the population, men and women, and because you know a lot of people want to be on it, whether it's for health issues or just for aesthetic purposes. It's controversial, but also you know, are people on it in secret? A lot of celebrities seem to be. So the conversation just keeps happening, and we have more questions than answers, I think because I've been hearing and reading articles about how you know it's going to be start to be used on kids if it isn't already. So lots of questions, lots of backlash, and I was fascinated by and I said, we got to talk about the Oprah of it all, because my question here is can a reveal from Oprah that she is on a weight loss medication and a proud reveal she said, she's the quote is I am absolutely done with the shaming end quote. She said she is using weight loss medication as a maintenance tool. And you know she touches on in this in this It's People magazine cover story, she touches on her past because Oprah's known for being open about her weight struggles. Right that the famous Your career, Yeah, the famous episode she pulled out the wagon that had like the representation of all the fat on her body that she'd lost.
Speaker 1: And she's yo yo through the years. So the marathon stuff and all that that, it's always been a thing with her.
Speaker 3: So she said, quote, it was public sport to make fun of me.
Speaker 2: For twenty five years, I have been blamed and shamed, and I blamed and shamed myself. She talks about being called dumpy and frumpy by tabloids, and now she says that as she is set to term seventy, she wants to maintain a healthy weight long term be done with the shame and that she is on a weight loss medication after what she calls weight fluctuations over fifty years of her life. She says, yes, I did the yo yo thing. She said, I believe my willpower was failing and she's done with it. So can Oprah being this open and this positive turn the tide, can it stop the backlash?
Speaker 3: Does she have the power to do that?
Speaker 1: She does for sure? If I'm being Devil's advocate, this is a wonderful find and an invention that we discovered this, And I do want to talk to medical experts to see is it a ninety nine percent chance that it's going to be okay and there's really only a one percent chance this can happen to you?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 3: Those are the big questions that I have.
Speaker 2: I feel the percentage Well, I just want like the real story from someone, because I think there's a lot of a lot of arguing, a lot of probably misinformation out there. I'm just like, I want to know that. I'll use myself as an example because we do want to have someone if I went on this tomorrow, what would the risks be for me? Like, That's what I want to know, and I know the answer isn't going to be the same for everybody, but I just want to know what are the risks if you're kind of a healthy weight in only taking it to lose some weight. Now, well, I'm not saying, you know, listen, Oprah, this was her choice, Like she said, she struggled with.
Speaker 3: It for years.
Speaker 2: I bring this up and I was fascinated by it because, like how some real housewives have admitted to being on it, some have been accused of being on it and haven't admitted whether they are or not. But I do think Oprah has the power to maybe quiet some of the backlash because I think people respect that she's already shared her journey and spent years of struggle.
Speaker 1: There is a new podcast called Two Jersey Jays with Jackie Goldschneider and Jennifer Fessler. By the way, with iHeartRadio happens to be under the most dramatic pod umbrella, so our shout out to the Two Jersey Jays, who are in the top ten of all podcasts. So congratulations, ladies. But they are talking a lot about ozempic. One of them very much on it, the other one not quiet and.
Speaker 2: Was she the one who had the major medical issue. There was a real housewife who was hospitalized and.
Speaker 1: So I'll let you look that up. And they're talking a lot about that. So give give two Jersey Jays a listen where all podcasts can be found. I'm proud of them for doing a great job. And another medical question I really want to dive into is what is the percentage of fat you're losing? What is the percentage of muscle you're losing? Are you losing the muscle mass? And you know, everyone kind of has this ozimpic body they're talking about, and that is the kind of stuff that because I'm really into the health stuff and so are you and eating healthy and all that, and I encourage people to get that info. But we are going to have these medical experts on very soon on one of our episodes to dive more into this. But I mean, this is how crazy it is. I went to breakfast with two of my buddies this morning. We were talking about it. We were talking about ozimpic. So it's at every breakfast table and every dinner table, and it's a big hot topic and I am a big fan, and so is Lauren of Let's get the facts.
Speaker 3: Like what is the ch you'll see if it comes up at your Christmas dinner table, past.
Speaker 1: The yams and the ozembic and in that vein. Merry Christmas, everybody. It's a big week, Laura and I send our love to you to your families. I hope it finds you in good health and we all have a wonderful holiday week and head into a phenomenal new year. Thank you for being with us. It's been a great year to celebrate with you. Have a great holiday, and we'll talk to you again soon because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.