Speaker 1: I can russ your ranks, speers, where I pick a brand, drink twelve of them, and then give it a score. Today we get the longer waited Bud Platinum Hike. As are four in we love More. We're seeing gonna make some pretty sweet sea glass in like a couple of years.
Speaker 2: But other than that, now Michelle to report.
Speaker 1: Will keep you posted after the eighth one.
Speaker 3: All right, as are eight in.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. Hit a little different than the normal bud, but they're feeling good. Nothing else to report.
Speaker 4: To keep posted after the twelfth one.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we're twelve then, not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: These are the real deal.
Speaker 5: It's It's it's the rich Men's Natty Ice.
Speaker 1: Good mornings, were all, and welcome to the Nodongs podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Friday, March sixth, and this is the drop hashtag full Squad Today, I'm Jay Skeet's roll in with mister what you need to Know tas Melice, Good morning, everybody, Morning Tassie. We got the top shot hot boy Trey Kirby. Hell Hey, the International Man of Mystery taking it to the Max Lee Ellis Friend Lee Last but not least making the magic happen twenty four to seven here in the Classic Factory, it's JD. Hello, there is and here we are.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: First off, JD, I apologize to you and our listeners. My neighbors mirror I don't know, thirty feet from my window here in the office are redoing their driveway right now. Oh, some heavy machinery out there. So this could be uh, this could be rough from an audio standpoint, JD. So I apologize. I mean I was gonna move to another room, but I was testing it out. I'm like, you could still hear it. It wasn't really good change.
Speaker 3: I think, fine, it's part of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Lee, how's the attic? Those were crazy storms last night. Did you go up to check this morning?
Speaker 2: Of course I went up to check this morning. But man, last night, everyone in our house was awoken by the thunder and the rain and the lightning. It was like a movie outside our window, just non stop lightning for about half an hour. Was scary stuff. Actually, I was actually a little nervous there trying to tell the boys like that, that's all right, it's just a little bit of rain. But I was absolutely terrified inside under the ships. Oh my goodness, I'm telling you, man, it.
Speaker 1: Was scary, scary stuff.
Speaker 4: We need to get you a way to blanket Mete for nights like that. Yeah, I've got one in bed so Ciry, Oh boy, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: This must have been a rough name for you.
Speaker 2: It was, man, it was. I mean, I like to try to joke about and stuff, but I got to tell.
Speaker 1: You police, it's quivering a little bit. And how's the addict though? Any holes? Any new sugar?
Speaker 2: We appeared to have survived the attict, So yeah, I went up this morning. Of course there was no additional light because I go up without turning the light on first, just to see if there's any natural light coming in. And we survived.
Speaker 5: Now the rich man's natty light there in the air.
Speaker 6: Oh this storm bit different.
Speaker 1: Okay. Shout out to the stream team joining us right now live on YouTube. Please continue to like and comment and subscribe. We just hit thirty five thousand subs, so thank you, thank you, thank you. As we march our way to fifty kble, let's get to forty k before that, of course, and last night, if you're a madman, go check out our NBA Happy Hour. Yeah, the trade Deadline Hangover slash Watch party four hours and thirty six minutes long, a new record for Nodunk's a surprise guest appearance from Old Starter's producer Mattie Oh. He just popped up on our screen and then we talked to him for a good four hours. He had his shirt off. At one point I did a three sixty jump fart.
Speaker 2: At one point we.
Speaker 1: Watched old clips from back to the Basketball Joneses days. I mean there was a lot happening anyway, So go check that out if you got four hours and thirty six minutes to kill, and thank you to anybody that joined us. There was a lot of you in there last night, so it was a lot of fun. Keep your question coming for the next beat step in podcast. Email them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot com and immaculated items always available for sale. I see a lot of us wearing some immaculate items today, test and I go in twinsies with our No Dunks Si. Yes, Leely's got the No Dunks Nicks shirt on looking at this boy. Yes, go to No Dunks dot com to get your No Dunks merch. Okay, So the final numbers for the NBA trade deadline on Thursday are in So everybody tweeting us here this morning. From the Thursday, there were sixteen trades, twenty three teams involved in trades, which are pretty crazy, and forty six players on NBA rosters involved in those deals, a record in each category according to everyone. Yes, there you go, business trade deadline. Ever, look at this graph this early in the morning. You're crazy.
Speaker 3: So I always I was on what you need to know at seven am. JD is working at four am, five am, six am, and seven am. Good stuff, JD.
Speaker 1: JD put together those graphs.
Speaker 3: No, of course sure to give way thanks to Crumpled Jumper for those praps.
Speaker 5: Thanks pump Jump.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna say, like, I don't think it's an official NBA trade deadline until we do a podcast doing NBA trade deadline winners and losers like that really wraps it up. So that's what we're doing here. We've of course had our sort of immediate live reactions to the trades yesterday afternoon. That was a lot of fun. Did some record numbers there in terms of people tuning in live for that one. So go listen to that podcast or watch that, but trade deadline winners. Let's start being positive piets. We'll get to the losers. That's always fun too, Tray, where are you going?
Speaker 5: Are you going?
Speaker 1: Bulls? You just the Bulls are back? We all know that, but uh.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows yeah, But for today, I want somebody else to say it. So I basically forced Lee into taking the Bulls as a winner. He was trying not to, but that would have been a serious disservice to basketball fans everywhere if the Bulls were not included as a winner. That being said, I'm going for another Orlando Magic traded player the Nuggets, a big time winner of the trade dead line yesterday album Loving this Aaron Gordon move. And I'm not even the biggest Aaron Gordon fan as a player, but what he brings to the Nuggets, it's exactly what they need. The versatility on defense, a little bit of creation, and a whole bunch of athleticism. It's going to give the Nuggets a new wrinkle that they need. He's gonna be able to put pressure on the defense just by cutting to the basket, diving to the hoop on pick and rolls, and kind of just scrounging points. The Nuggets don't have a ton of super athletes, so I think that this really ups Denver's game in that regard. They've been by Michael Porter Junior in particular, has been thriving since playing the four. They seem to have figured out that they can play a little bit faster. Despite the fact that Jokic isn't a quick guy, it just seems to be working out, and I think that this super charges him even a little bit more great move. And the more I think about it, the less and less concerned I get about the issues with this trade. You know, I think Aaron Gordon is going to fall into being a role player because he's basically going to have to. There is a number one guy Thearon Denver, there's a number two guy in Denver, and there's a play of the future already in Denver. So the touches they're just not gonna be there necessarily for Aaron Gordon. And I think that that's gonna be fine. He's gonna be playing the most meaningful basketball he ever has. The second concern people have is that there's positional overlap between Aaron Gordon and Michael Porter Junior. They both seem to be the best at the fore position. But that, to me is a little bit of old positional thinking. Both of them are threes, both of them are fours. They fill the holes in each other's game. You know, Michael Porter Junior, he's gonna stretch the court, shoot score. Sometimes he can make an impact on the glass, being a little bit taller than Aaron Gordon. Whereas Aaron Gordon he's cutting, he's handling the ball, passing it, running. He's gonna guard the tougher wing guy, maybe the tougher stretch four. And it allows Michael Porter Junior to hide and play to his strengths, not to mention off the court. In the front office world, the Nuggets getting off an unfavorable contract and Gary Harris, they're getting to peep Aaron Gordon here for eighteen months. People are calling this an eighteen month rental. That's nice. His contract expires right when Michael Porter Junior could get his first big deal. Throwing the Javal McGee trade. I think that's a nice little bench upgrade as well. If there's no doubt the Nuggets are gonna miss Gary Harris's defense on guards, I wonder if they will be able to pick out some kind of defender on the buyout market. It's a little tough losing a first rounder after Jokic's contract has ended, but that's.
Speaker 5: A long time from now.
Speaker 4: You could win a title in the meantime, you could resign Jokic, you could get some picks back in a trade that first rounder in twenty twenty seven. It's a long waist from now, but I'm fine with it. So, Yeah, I thought what the Nuggets did was really really great stuff, especially considering the cost of what they actually ended up giving up. Yeah, they're losing a chance to see what RJ. Hampton becomes as a player. But the Nuggets have had so many good draft picks that they've been able to trade them and maximize the return for guys like Jancho Hernan Gomez, Malik Beasley, these guys who are clearly rotation players in the NBA. They just don't have a spot in Denver because there's too many good guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like the Nuggets were atop a lot of people's you know, trade deadline winners categories that I saw them in the mix. I've seen a lot of people, like you know, criticizing for what they did Lee. Are you more excited to see Yolkic pass to Aaron Gordon or Composo passes to Aaron Gordon?
Speaker 2: Which one is a wow, what a what a tough choice that one is to make there. But I just think if Aaron Gordon is smart, he would just run to the rim for the remainder of this season because they will find him. Both of those guys are incredible passes, and Aaron Gordon is super athletic. He's about six eight six', nine so you know he's a tall guy, anyway and that's what he can. Do that's how he can really sort of fill up his own statuet here by getting some easy points and increasing his value in showing people that he is a, potentially you, know a star player who has got lots to bring to a. Team and if he works hard and plays, defense you Know Mike malone's going to let him give him plenty more court. Time so you, know he may compete With Michael Porter junior to some degree for those, minutes Because Michael Porter junior isn't a great defensive, player but he's a more gifted shooter and probably scorer Than Aaron. Gordon but If Aaron gordon can use his experience and make those decisions difficult For Mike, malone then that's a good situation For. DENVER i, MEAN i like this on, PAPER i think this is a great move For, denver but we have to see what sort Of Aaron gordon they're getting in and whether or not he can be an immediately impactful player on that. Team if he, can this is The nuggets have. Improved if he, can't then they're sort of kind of where they. Are they haven't lost a whole lot given what they had to give up to Get Aaron gordon in.
Speaker 1: Return, yeah anything to add to that. TASK i, Mean i'm excited that people are going to See Aaron gordon play BECAUSE i imagine a lot of people are now actually watching The Orlando magic over the last couple of, years even when they got into the playoffs and really following Ag so you, know he'll get some nationally televised games here With denver and maybe into the playoffs if they go. Deep what do you think this From denver? Side your thumbs up on, it, Right, yeah it's.
Speaker 3: Exciting Aaron gordon is at the value or at the what they gave up for. Him is absolutely worth. It but, yeah the questions trade brought up really. Well, DEFENSIVELY i think is the biggest. Question who's going to Guards smalls on this. Team they've Got Jamal murray and most Likely Will barton starting in their backcourt along With Michael Port junior And Aaron. Gordon they're just gonna Be it's gonna be hard work chasing after little guys with that, lineup it's.
Speaker 6: Not gonna be.
Speaker 3: Fun And Aaron, gordon if he's gonna be in the mood to play, defense he's gonna help. Out but this team is a mediocre. Defense you're Trading Gary, harris who hopefully gets a restart In. ORLANDO i just wonder how good they're gonna be on that. End and you, know just sort of as a as a as a non basketball the thing a NON x is a. Hosting Is Aaron gordon just gonna love being a third option or a fourth? Option, really that's that's a big question. Mark And Michael Porter junior just got. Going he just found his flow in THE. Nba Now Aaron gordon is gonna take some of those, shots some of that shine and and, yeah this is a totally rejigged lineup, Now paul millsapp is gonna come off the bench very very, likely which he should be fine. With but all questions that you try and figure. Out if you're The Denver, Nuggets you've got a talent, upgrade you traded a first round, pick you Traded Gary harris who hasn't been himself the last couple of, years and you TRADED. Rj hampton's potential for more. Potential so it's something That Mike malone has to figure. Out But i'm gonna be watching the defensive end because sometimes they just don't give a flying poop on that, team and that could be even exacerbated a little bit more with the way they kind of Got they got, bigger they got more, athletic but they didn't get any better, defensively you, know on the. Perimeters so Hopefully Aaron gordon just works his ass off on that, end because we know he could be A draymond Green light if he really wants to, be if he really wants to get after it on the defensive. End so, yeah it's gonna be exciting to see them in the. Playoffs all, right le let's keep it.
Speaker 1: GOING i guess we know where you're headed for your winner of the trade. Deadline The bulls are. Back, YEAH i, mean how much did he pay you to say?
Speaker 5: This you're going to say this slay on my second round? Pick?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, now, look The bulls did the hard work yesterday BECAUSE i got the best player revivable and they improve their. Team but now the super hard working is there for The bulls because are they a playoff team right? Now where they are in the, standings there are a couple of games back Of, sorry they're a game and a half back of The Boston celtics for eighth. Spot now The celtics are below five hundred and twenty one and twenty. THREE i think they're a better team than their, record but that's to be seen and over these next few weeks of the. Season hawks and The knicks and The hornets are all in the playoffs right, now The bulls are only three games back from. Them so, certainly obviously the goal For chicago here is to make the. Playoffs but let's look at their immediate, schedule because they have nine of their next ten on the, road and according To Power Rankings, guru they have the seventh seventh toughest schedule from here on out for the remainder of this, season so it's not going to be easy for. Them and the only home game they play out of their next ten games is against The Brooklyn, nets so you know they haven't got time, here is What i'm, saying For vucevich to sort of get a feel for things and then to break them. In they really need to start winning straight, away and it's not going to be easy for, Them but he's A vet in a situation where he's on a better, team so you expect he's going to come in motivated and ready to get to. Work so the real question, is, though you, know if The, bulls you, know somehow don't make the playoffs from, here you, know then was it worth? It? Yeah, SURE i think they still, improved but they really do now have TO i think finish no lower than sixth or else it's going to be a little bit of a failure for, them and, ultimately even if they do finish sixth or, higher that getting out of that first round is going to be. Tough but The bulls are looking beyond this season as, well With Zach lavine And Nick vutovich as their two core, pieces so it's not like they have to advance to the second round this, season but they certainly need to make the playoffs and they need to show that these two pieces together are their sort of immediate future. Here so it's not going to be easy for, Them that's really What i'm, saying because of as, well these other ten, games they only play one against The pacers and one Against Atlanda, hawks two teams that you are battling with to get into the. Playoffs so it's going to be a little bit tough here for. Them but AS i, say if they, can if they, can if they can Integrate vucevic straight away and start, winning then The bulls will definitely be back. Baby but it's just not going to be super easy for, them because, again they lost to The caves the other night at home In. Chicago The bulls have played some really impressive wins this, season but they've also just had a couple of stinkers that just pop. Up and hopefully With vucovic they're a little bit more. Experienced he will be someone who can close out games a little bit better than they've been able to. Do but, interesting very interesting. Situation they made a great move. Yesterday now they have to make the playoffs or. Else it's going to be a bit of a letdown as A.
Speaker 1: Bulls, fan tray is it playoffs or? Bust like this?
Speaker 4: Year, oh come, on playoffs are a. LOCK i don't even think that's a. Question six seed is. Easy four seed is What i've got my eyes. On i'm not really joking. HERE i, MEAN i think The. BULLS i think the way the trade deadline went down, yesterday it could have turned out better for The.
Speaker 5: Bulls you, know if The raptors Move.
Speaker 4: Kyle lowry to The, heat that kind of knocks them out of the playoff, CHASE i would.
Speaker 5: THINK i don't.
Speaker 4: Know i'm a little worried about The, raptors to be honest with. YOU i think they're going to have a nice little second half run. Here BUT i love seeing The bulls actually go for it and trying to. Improve that's what we'll talk about a little bit when we get To my. Loser but the big thing, yesterday to, Me i'm loving Getting, vooch no doubt about. It LIKE i you, KNOW i liked that they were able to protect the picks top four for this coming draft and the draft in twenty twenty. Three they're obviously not really messing with their cap, space his contract, declines all that. Stuff but it felt like a one day culture rebuild to me, yesterday a one day image rebuild, really because The bulls they're not acting like a small market. Anymore at the start of the season When levine started balling, instantly, instantly the talk, was we got to Get levine out Of.
Speaker 5: Chicago we got to Free Zach.
Speaker 4: Levine and that's what happens when you're a small market, franchise maybe you're the Timber wolves or you're The Oklahoma City. Thunder your player starts, balling you're not necessarily able to build a contender around. Them people want to get you out of there into a major, market the third biggest market in the. League we just had this huge piece By Kirk goldsberry about the imbalance in THE nba between major. Markets we're seeing players flock To New york IN. La The bulls are a legacy. Franchise LIKE i say, it and people think it might be a, joke But Nick vuchovich was A bulls fan when he was five years.
Speaker 5: Old you, know they have a global.
Speaker 4: Reach it should be a team that can use their market and use the advantages they have to imploy to improve their, prospects AND i think they did that yesterday AND i heard you hear our Turist karnershovs say it in the press, conference basically, saying we care about. Winning we want to be a free agent. Destination that is such a change for The bulls over the past ten, years, really where they're always focused on flexibility and kind of resign themselves to the fact that free agents don't really give them a. Chance it feels, LIKE i, MEAN i say The bulls are back. Skeets you Think i'm leaning into a, bit but they are no longer a joke of a. Franchise and that has been the case FOR i don't, know at least three. Seasons you, know they had the season Where Bobby port And nikolaimiritych got in a, fight and that was kind of the start of when The bulls started to be a laughing stock around the. LEAGUE i don't think that's the case. ANYMORE i, mean going for the sixth seed isn't very exciting unless you haven't made the playoffs for a long, time AND i think that's. IMPORTANT i wouldn't have wanted to restart the rebuild, again which is the talk that was happening in the middle Of january When levine was first making His All star. Push the game has. Changed there's money In chicago for another free. Agent there's Two All stars there. Already they are on an upward. Trajectory who's going to sign up and be a, hero that's a.
Speaker 1: Question and there's young promising talent like still there right now obviously In Kobe white And Patrick williams of, course and not that sad as, young but he is. Contributing so, well what do you think of The bulls being, Back? Tess you liked what they did? YESTERDAY i getting the best PLAYER i guess added to their.
Speaker 3: Squad, yeah the best player that.
Speaker 6: Moved.
Speaker 3: Sure this season is going to be tough, though to get into those top. Six they're own nine their last nine games against five hundred plus. Squads they're going on the road here And, Miami, Toronto boston are all. Underachieving so those teams should move up in the. Standing so there may not be the immediate, dividends but, yeah you got number, one you do it in a. Heartbeat number, Two, yeah you try and become a free agent, destination and that's it's one of those. Franchises, yes that needs to be, good and it's nice that our Tourist cornischiavus has taken a different tack than the last decade and a half the, BULLS i, guess not that, long you, know the last you, know five, six seven years where things have been a. Bleak so, yeah they're going for it and a couple first round. Picks it's totally entirely worth, it plus one Del Carter junior's.
Speaker 6: Future of course you do.
Speaker 3: It and those, picks especially being in The Eastern conference, team they're going to be you, know sort of mid tier, picks you, know whether it's in the teens or. Whatever so for For vuchu's, thirty you want to be good to soon because that's the, thing you, Know boots doesn't have a billion years, left he's Got he's, got you, know three years of being really. Good so hopefully that you, know whether or not they you, know make the play in tournament this, YEAR i mean that sounds nice that they could be a playoff, team BUT i think it's gonna be it's gonna be, tough and then next year at least they're on that right trajectory for once at least the red and, white you, know means something for you, know a few months here and should be into the. Future it should be something that we all get excited. About you.
Speaker 6: KNOW i said something about The Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Hornets being everyone's second, team second favorite, team and The bulls potentially taking that that.
Speaker 6: That torch from.
Speaker 3: Them it feels that.
Speaker 6: Way you.
Speaker 3: Know The hornets are still up there right now and they're still playing, really really, well but it's nice to have The bulls. Back it's nice to be able to tune into a, game to Watch Adam amean And Stacy king call a game in that, arena and to be to have fun that that arena should be. Fun it should be LIKE, msg but it's gonna be tough sledting this next.
Speaker 1: Month my winner from the trade DEADLINE i gotta go With Miami heat BECAUSE i Got Victor oladipo for really a last second bag of. Beans let's call it what it. Is you, Know Kelly, Olinock Avery bradley and a future. Pickswall that's pretty. Impressive you. Know they obviously were in trade talks With Kyle lowry all day The heat were and didn't want to budge on giving, up you, Know, Tyler hero or whatever it, was so they didn't have. To in the, end they get old the depot And hero is still. There Duncan robinson's still, there you, Know precious is still, there like really like no meaningful player was given up in. This olynic was a. Starter, yes they'll miss you, know his ten and six and the few made threes that he hits a. Game but then they went and acquired Bi, alitza who is a pretty good replacement For Kelly olinock probably in terms of us stretching the floor and being a big guy that can get you some boards and stuff like. That so pretty good move here from Pat. Riley they get an extended look At itadpo, too you, know to decide whether they bring him back as a free. Agent acquired his bird rights of course in this, trade so you can surpass the salary. Cap you, know we'll see what type Of oladipo we. GET i know a lot of people were not high on him In. Houston played what twenty, games he averaged twenty one points per, game didn't shoot all that, well like something like forty one, percent but still five, boards five. Assists he's another playmaker and can play some. Defense that you're adding to A heat, team especially, offensively that has, struggled which is. Weird and now they're going to emerge or all reports they're going to Get LaMarcus. Aldridge that's a damn good little trade deadline day or two days, here when you count the potential biot of getting Lamarc alders on your, SQUAD i think that's pretty. Impressive and, yeah they're gonna be one of those teams in theory if everybody's healthy and. Playing that goes up these standings a little. BIT i know they lost to The placers last night in a close, one but gotta like what Pat riley.
Speaker 3: Did.
Speaker 1: Ley you, know he wouldn't budge on giving up like future potential future stars for an aging guy Like. Lowry but so he's just, like all, right we'll go get all the. Deeper he wants to come here, anyway so let's see what he can help us with in this playoff person and then maybe we'll say or we.
Speaker 2: Don't h a great consolation prize for The Heat knowing that The rockets were going to be able to make that, trade so they could really go go back and forth there with Messiag ery up until about two fifty. Three massiah wasn't, budging Pat riley wasn't. Budging, Okay Raphael stain will take. Him you can Have Kelly, Olinik Avery bradley and a pick swap whatever, that you, know just take. Him we'll take all The depot. Fine and as you, mentioned if they do also bolster their offense there With LaMarcus, aldridge that's good because he'd actually. Needed they've a five in a row here after looking a, him really really. GOOD i think they will bounce. Back but, yeah you're getting too you know not, Obviously LaMarcus aldridge is no longer in his, prime But Ola depot theoretically is still in that age range of being in his. Prime so, yeah you get a good look at. Him he wants to sign there in the off. Season you gave up nothing to get those, Guys so pretty good day for The.
Speaker 1: Heat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Absolutely i'm not super pumped for with what they. DID i just there is getting older and we're talking About, Yeah depo's, prime but what is his prime? Anymore he's turning twenty nine. Soon it was a couple of years ago that was it was his. Prime they signed again Him aldridge if they do get him and they Got Trevor reza. Recently they're smart in that they didn't sacrifice any of their. Future there's no doubt about. That it could come a few months from now And oladipo may not be on the team anymore when it comes to the, summer or you, Know sam goes With. Aldridge they could turn it over and go Sign Kyle louer in the. Offseason there's there's no doubt about. That but this is a team that just struggles to score at the end of. Games they're looking for somebody to. Create in, Theory oladipo can be that. Guy but is he going to take shots away From? Dragich is he going to take shots away From, hero Which i'm definitely worried. About drags is a little less worrisome Because droudge can barely stay on the, Floor but they're putting a lot of stock Into bam staying on the floor and being a. Boss because even though they got B, Alita olinik was at least a back up center they could rely.
Speaker 6: On and there's there's just question. MARKS i just wonder if.
Speaker 3: This is all going to. Drive even though get ready for a drink hashtag heat culture should bring it all. Together it's it's good on. Paper BUT i wonder if you're going to thank You lee for sipping that, woodbridge because that was a.
Speaker 2: Woodbridge what was the?
Speaker 3: Champagne yeah it was it was it a wet moette or what? What what kind of champagne was it?
Speaker 2: Was it was something From. France, YEAH i can't remember exactly what it, was but it was not cheap and it was worth.
Speaker 3: It it was expensive enough to put the pinky finger up. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah BUT i, mean, YEAH i hear what you're saying About you're you're going through the roster of the heat. Here but the actual trade, ITSELF i mean, nothing they got. Killed they Got vic really deeple for, Nothing LIKE i mean all, there all the guys Like bradley and who else went, Out Chris silva And i'm forgetting one more that went in that one. Trade but like it's like they weren't playing these.
Speaker 3: Guys, yeah they're absolutely not part of the rotational.
Speaker 6: Guys i'm more worried.
Speaker 3: Of, Listen Victor oladipo was traded For Kelly, olnik a pick swap And Avery bradley because The rockets couldn't get anything. BETTER i, mean that's Clear Old depot has not been the same guy he. Is he used to be, amazing but right, now in a high volume Situation, houston it hasn't. Worked maybe with less shots and a little bit more, structure like The heat are going to put him, in it's gonna be different for him than when he played With houston Or. Indiana SO i just wonder how that's how it's gonna work to take. Away, yeah both hero, shots dragon shots and potentially if you Had jimmy. Shots so in, theory it's it's, yeah it's, nice there's their defense will still be. Good we've got one fan in the stream, Team Bernardo, garcia that keeps keeps he's he's sending the, roster he's sending one through, seventeen every two way player that they, have that they all should be able to take the floor and beat another. Team and and, yeah it's like if you look back to last year's, playoffs they should be just as gritty and work at and outwork other. Teams And Jimmy butler isn't there right. Now and, yeah on, paper it's good what they did, Skeats you're, right they didn't give up a. Lot but in the. END i don't know how that's going to, drive how they're all going to, drive because Because vick still wants to be the, guy but.
Speaker 1: He's also he's also wanted to go To miami for like three years, now so he is going to BE i assume my best, behavior like like he's wanted to come. Here this it feels again not even, exaggerating, right.
Speaker 5: It's That Dwayne wade. Influence, yeah all these guys want to Be Dwayne.
Speaker 4: Wade, Yeah Dwayne wade played At. Marquette Jimmy butler played At. Marquette Dwayne wade came to The bulls, said hey, man we worked so hard In. Miami come To. Miami you'll love.
Speaker 5: It he went.
Speaker 4: THERE i Think Victor oladipo played For Dwayne wade's college, Coach Tom crean at The university Of. Indiana he came into the. DRAFT i remember his draft. Night the very first question as, Them they're, like what makes you? Special i'm gonna outwork every player in THE, nba is what he. Said that's heat culture right. There and the guy obviously wants to be A Dwayne wade like character as. WELL i, mean is it a great idea to have two guys on The heat who both want to Be Dwayne wade at the same. Time maybe, not BUT i thought that was one of the strengths of The heat last year was That jimmy would usually play, Well bam would usually play, well and then they just need to have some other third guy play. WELL a lot of the times that Was, dragich a lot of the times that Was, hero sometimes it Was Kendrick. Nunn now they've got another guard to throw into that mix as.
Speaker 1: Well, yep and we'll see. Again it looks Like LaMarcus aldridge that could be The they could be the front runner to sign him because he did complete his bio with The spurs there On. Thursday all, right let's wrap up the winners here of the trade deadline. Tests who do you?
Speaker 3: Have i'm going to throw in The Atlanta hawks into this equation for what mostly they didn't do because they made a minor, move you, know getting rid Of russi And rondo for two draft picks because he wasn't working. Out that's a. Positive but you can argue that The hawks acquired the best young player available by Keeping John collins and not trading, him because we all thought that they were going to trade, him you, know for, months because he rejected a four, year ninety million dollars plus extension this past.
Speaker 6: Year you, know it was fourteen months.
Speaker 3: Ago but all of a sudden last week he, said you know WHAT i, SAID i wanted the, max BUT i take it.
Speaker 6: BACK i want to stick. AROUND i want to be part of this.
Speaker 3: Thing and The hawks are going on his word and think that maybe they can sign him for less than the, max and even if they, don't you, know keep him there. FOREVER i think they still signed him to a contract there this offseason and trade him at some other. Point but they got a twenty three year old power forward who could be a twenty ten. Type guy's numbers have dropped off a little, bit and they have some cohesion. There So i'm starting to buy That John collins likes it In atlanta and that they didn't just give away again one of the best young players that was rumored to be, Traded Aaron, gordon got.
Speaker 6: Moved you, know he's he's even older Than John.
Speaker 3: Collins John collins is still, like you, know scratching the, surface and he's also you, know probably scratching the surface of his maturity. Too he's probably getting older and, realizing, hey me And Trey young can do this, thing MAYBE i shouldn't ask to be. Traded and it's it's a positive for them on that. Front and also Trading Rajon rondo For Lou, williams Whether Lou williams plays or, not to get two second round picks for a guy In rondo that was not working, whatsoever it's a. Win it's a win for The, hawks and, sometimes As Lee ellis, knows it's The tracey you don't make that are the best. Ones SO i think that's a positive for. Them even though things were murky for a long time With John, WELL.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that winning streak came at the right time for. THEM i, mean the decision to move off With Lloyd pearson and move Over nate. McMillen i, mean whether you want to put how much stock you want to put into, that you, know igniting the winning, Streak it did they really? Started would they win like eight in a, row eight or nine With nate McMillan there and like at the perfect, Timing because if they don't do, that then, yeah you, know those Trading John collins rumors may have Got louder And louder lely and then maybe they're almost forced to do something at that, point but they, didn't you, Know AND i think the wins helped in that.
Speaker 2: Matter, YEAH i mean winning solves, everything you, know and that looks like the right move to get rid Of Lloyd. PIERCE i don't think it, was But nate McMillan got those, wins and they certainly played better And Trey young looked better out. There but we'll see what happens when the dust settles a little. Bit now that there is no longer that uncertainty going forward about what's going to happen for the remainder of the. Season you, know your roster now. More, yeah there might be the odd change here in, there but of course With John collins and their younger, pieces you know they're all going to be. There because there was talking about Cam radish being teams being interested in, him Even DeAndre. HUNTER i didn't think they were going to trade, certainly not both even really one of those. Guys but a team Like, atlanta you, know because there's been a little bit turmoil around the, team that's when other teams start to try to pick at them a little. Bit and say maybe we can you, know entice these guys with one of our other you, know veteran maybe and a young, piece just to get one of their younger. Pieces but didn't have.
Speaker 3: So what On Hawks and hopefully they do make a trade for a star at some point with you, know a package of a bunch of their young, guys because they still have too many. Guys AND i think they won games because they those guys got. HEALTHY i, mean Bug Don, Bogdanovic.
Speaker 2: Gallinari there's actually a lot of rooms a Bad bogdanovich. Too teams are trying to get, him which would have been a big, SURPRISE i think if The hawks had given up on, him you, know so early into signing him to that four, year seventy two million at the end of you, know last.
Speaker 1: Season, yeah The, hawks like The, bulls expect to make the playoffs this year for, sure and that's why they Fired Lloyd pierce to begin. With there like we're getting in, here so we got to switch this.
Speaker 4: Up so, Okay, YEAH i think the win streak was, huge AND i also Think LaMelo ball going down with an injury for The hornets was probably, big taking them off the. Table really as a trade. Partner they still might get into the play in. Tournament they might even still finish in the top six. Seeds they've been a pretty impressive team.
Speaker 5: With and Without.
Speaker 4: Lamello but it certainly took a buyer off the table because they were one of the team's rumored because you can See John collins fitting real nice With LaMelo, ball and maybe that does happen in the, future but if the offers aren't. There it's just the same With Kyle lowry and The. Raptors you don't have to make a. Trade you can always do it again in the offseason right now when people are maybe a little bit more willing to make a.
Speaker 1: Move, yeah go check out. Tests is what you need to know from this. MORNING a little twist on that talking about exactly this, GRATING i guess the trades that didn't, happen some of the big names that we thought might get Moves, Lowry John, Collins Lonzo ball and throwing a grade on them sticking with their. Teams what you need to, know great. Stuff they're test, plug nice. Plug, okay let's get to trade deadline. Losers, uh try you get it. Started who's a big loser from the trade.
Speaker 4: Deadline, well, skeezee you made me think last night On Happy, hour how WOULD i have felt if any other, trade any other team had traded For Nick. Vujovic every, team it's their own discrete situation that dictates the.
Speaker 5: Moves you're trying.
Speaker 4: ME i try to focus now more on twenty twenty one on what players can, do not what they can't. Do BUT i do think The knicks And bulls are in similar spots. Here they both kind of turned the corner in the rebuild a little, bit completing competing for their first playoff berth in quite a.
Speaker 5: While they've got first Time All.
Speaker 4: Stars, obviously they are both in major, markets but they're obviously not at the peaks of their major market. Powers and that's, why to, me The knicks are a loser yesterday because they didn't make a. Move all they did yesterday was help out The philadelphia seventy six. Ers, meanwhile all the teams around them got. Better The hawks Kept John, collins The heat brought In Victor. Oladipo The. Celtics they didn't do a big, move but they did bring In Evan. Fournier The bulls obviously made their, move and The raptors are Keeping Kyle. Lowry all of these teams improved a little. Bit, meanwhile The knicks were happy to stand pat and build. Slowly and that's the question to, me would you rather build slowly if you're The, knicks or would you rather build a little bit quickly.
Speaker 5: If you're The.
Speaker 4: BULLS i don't mean to make the manual quickly pun, there BUT i, mean if it's, There i'm gonna take, it you know What i'm saying That my answer right now obviously IS i would want to go for the. Playoffs The bulls haven't made it in five. Seasons The knicks have made it in. Longer you can't rebuild all the, time so at certain points you got to accelerate it a little bit if the deals are. THERE i was a little surprised to see The knicks not Moving Niela kina or A, knox just a young players who somebody could be interested. In The knicks obviously want to keep their powder dry for the offseason when they have a ton of cap, space and they want to be a player in the free agent market as. Well BUT i don't know for teams that are for fan bases that are accustomed to being.
Speaker 5: Good sometimes you just got.
Speaker 4: To throw them a bone and try and make the. Playoffs The knicks are still probably going to be getting. THERE i think the builds are similar between these two. Teams but to, me The bulls are a little bit ahead right, now and maybe that wouldn't have been the.
Speaker 1: Case, yeah this one's tough because the flip side of this is we've seen The knicks sort of go all inlet so to speak for you, know borderline, STARS i, guess or all star like you, Know oladipo was linked to The Knicks ucovic you, KNOW i don't think he was really linked, there but that type of player and if they had on, it especially like The oladipo giving, up you know, whatever it took a couple picks some of The MAVs, whatever you because he'd be, like, oh what are you, Doing New? York like you're playing, Well julius is your.
Speaker 2: Guy you, know.
Speaker 1: You're obviously creating an identity there of some of your young guys in quickly and stuff like. That like now you're just trying to like jump ten spots, ahead like spaces ahead in terms of your. Rebuild SO i could see like people would be angry with. That so in a weird, way maybe they are a winner because they didn't do something that usually the next do. Do does that make, sense, Le?
Speaker 2: Yeah it.
Speaker 3: Does.
Speaker 2: Yeah and both The knicks and The BULLS i think have got to be satisfied with just making the playoffs this, season because if you look Again, Brooklyn, philadelphia And milwaukee The Eastern conference. Champions coming out of those, three no one's going to be able to, upset certainly not two of those, teams you, know potentially, ONE i, Suppose AND i think that is going to be what's important here to be a little bit patient with your. Rebuild get.
Speaker 1: That you.
Speaker 2: Know for The, bulls they Get, vucevic they're gonna Have, levine and they're going to have cap space next year to sign. Someone so if they can take those incremental steps rather than try to think you can sort of go from not making the players for so long to going all the way in The Eastern conference because it just won't. Happen same for the next this, season they've got to be, patient and they showed that patience yesterday because they could have gotten someone Like oladipo who maybe gives them an extra couple of, wins but ultimately that he's not there the long term piece for, THEM i don't believe. ANYWAY i think they need to set their sights on something a little bit bigger than. That so both these, franchises who, know historically have been you, know some of the more high regarded, franchise but have been in the basement for last five to ten, years depending on which one you want to. Pick they need to just be patient and just starts showing some slow progress here BECAUSE i like The nix young. PIECES i think there's some talent there With barrett And quickly's good and Obviously Julius randall making The All star team this season and likely to Win most To Improved player as. Well in my, OPINION i think they've got enough ingredients. There And, thibodeau we know he tends to have a short term. IMPACT i think you're seeing that as well right. Away will that last into a three years? Time who? Knows maybe maybe Not historically probably. Not but that's not really their issue for. Now right, now it's like where we are so close to the, Playoffs nicks are over five. Hundred they should make the playoffs from? Here should good win from? Him last night by the, way yeah come.
Speaker 1: Back yeah versus The, Wizards, yeah no. Doubt any thing to add on the next, there where do you fall in this sort of, debate task like more of a loser because they didn't really do, anything more of a winner because they didn't really do. Anything what do you?
Speaker 3: Think, yeah the next and step up to the three point, line hit the game winning. Shot but they also didn't flub the game winning shot. Either you, know they didn't screw. Up SO i think that's a win that they didn't try and go sign, somebody you, know Like Audrey drummond and get him and sign him to a, big long term. Deal if you, know if he's bought, out there's still they still could do. That they are the next there's it is still. Possible BUT i don't think that THEY i don't think that they sabotage what they've got going on by doing something like.
Speaker 6: That, NOW i think The bulls kind of found that.
Speaker 3: Balance they got a thirty year old star in Vooch things are good In, chicago but The knicks couldn't pull that. Off and and you might, say, well they've got their draft, picks but they.
Speaker 6: Also don't really draft all that.
Speaker 3: Well those guys Like Frank neilakina And Kevin knock specifically haven't worked, out so maybe they should trade their draft picks for. Somebody AND i think they had definitely have that in the back of their, mind BUT i think they're happy to go forward right now With Julius. Randall Mitchell robinson is a key to me and AND. R. J barrett as well as quickly in the. Backcourt so they didn't screw, up and that's okay with. Me you, Know i'd rather watch this. Team it's overachieving and playing really. WELL i GUESS i THINK i KEEP i keep looking At Julius randall and think he's. Overachieving but MAYBE i shouldn't be an old. Fart MAYBE i should just, say maybe the guy is good, now maybe the guys just taking his shooting to another. Level So i'm. Happy i'm happy they say that.
Speaker 1: One, yeah so fire this.
Speaker 3: Guy YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Can't and then, look The knicks could just sit on all these, picks sit on all these young prospects that they do, have some of them better than, others and wait for the next disgruntled superstar that does want to like eventually get out of where he wants to get out whoever that could. BE i Mean. Towns you always bring Up, ley maybe it's your Boy Bradley beal finally saying LIKE i want to get out of, One like you, know give it it's THE. Nba give it three four months and there will be a NEW nba superstar that wants out of whatever market they're, In and then you know it's a. POSSIBILITY i.
Speaker 7: Guess for, see In, chicago they've got a better future than the next that's the.
Speaker 5: QUESTION i, mean The balls are more attractive.
Speaker 4: Than The knicks are right, now and they are going to be battling for the same free.
Speaker 1: Agents, yeah, yeah, NO i hear. YOU i get your reasoning for the trade deadline, loser no. Doubt Task who do you have from the big loser from?
Speaker 3: Yesterday, WELL i think The Boston celtics are a. LOSER i Love Evan fournier and that pick up as a bench. Guy i'm a fan of, his But i'm a little bit worried about the next few. Days they traded Away Daniel, tice who is a key part of their. Team you, know whether you think he's a good player or, not he plays key minutes and that Helps Robert williams stay on the, bench And Tristan thompson just hasn't been all that great this. Season and these next few, days there's talk that they are going to go Sign Andre, drummond and that's worrisome to me because they're a team that likes to play five, out especially a team that likes to PLAY iso. BALL i think they need as much space as. Possible and If Andre drummond is going to come be their center after he gets bought out by The Cleveland cavaliers because he wasn't, moved there's other teams that are rumored to want. Him BUT i am worried that you Lose tys and you can Bring drummond to be a bit of a. Clogger they're just there's not enough plungers to Get Andre drummond out of that lane on that. Team i'm worried about what this future looks like because why are you bringing In Andre Drummond if he does come. IN i Know i'm jumping ahead, here but you Lose, tys who is a glue guy in the defensive. End even though their defense is dropped, Off Andre drummond is not going to solve. That even if he is the best rebounder in, history as people want to, say he's not solving their defense and even on the offensive, end he's. Fine but at the same, TIME i don't think it's gonna make them much. Better SO i think they're they're definitely gonna go hard At drummond once he does get bought, out because The Daniel tice move just doesn't make a lot of sense to. Me why they got thinner there because they can't Play Robert williams a ton at. Center they. Can't he can't stay on the. Floor he has problems. Defensively that's why they've dropped off on the defensive end as well as their their locker. Room SO i understand, that you, know THERE'S i am jumping ahead and Saying Andre drummonds is gonna be In, boston but in a, Vacuum tys weaving is an. Issue SO i DON'T i don't know how this team decides that we're gonna Get we're gonna we're gonna come together and get. BETTER i JUST i just don't see it happening right. Now But i'm happy to Having fournia hit some, shots LIKE i don't know if he can be their glue BUT i don't. KNOW i JUST i JUST i just don't don't see it happening right.
Speaker 1: Now, well what do you think about The Celtics trey what they did yesterday and then moving? Forward they're a weird team right. Now it's a weird.
Speaker 4: Team AND i don't THINK i actually gave a grade on yesterday's, Show but this would be an incomplete to me Because i'm with you. TASK i like The fourgnier move for two second round. PICKS i think that's a fair bench, piece a little depth to add there on the. Wing but he's another shooter they. Lost tys started seventeen playoff games for him last, year which is an odd move to make when you're a team that's kind of struggled with big guys and you've struggled. Defensively to trade one of the guys who's kind of a cornerstone of the defense that you have.
Speaker 5: BUILT i thought that was.
Speaker 4: WEIRD i would much Prefer LaMarcus aldridge IF i were The celtics Over Andre, drummond just Because drummond And Robert williams give you similar types of, games Right like they're going to be putting pressure on the rim at the rim in the paint for the most, part whereas all, dry which can stretch things out a little. Bit of, Course aldridge gets to choose where he goes on the buy out, market and that continues to make The celtics a jump shooting. Team that's why if they do Get, drummond they need to have a similar conversation that The nuggets are going to be having With Aaron gordon, saying this is exactly what you need to.
Speaker 5: Do drummond does.
Speaker 4: Not roll hard enough on pick and. Rolls that would be a way that The celtics could actually put some pressure on the. Rim they never get free throw, attempts and it's not Like drummond's going to be knocking down a million free throws at the, line but he can get teams in foul trouble and then that pays off down the line when Kemball walker draws a foul Or Jason tatum draws a foul and they can actually go to the line and hit those free.
Speaker 5: Throws it just.
Speaker 4: Doesn't feel like The celtics totally addressed their biggest problems and then they made their biggest problem a slightly bigger. Problem those a weird sort of day for The, celtics which is kind of how.
Speaker 5: It goes in the deadline.
Speaker 4: Time it was not a surprise to me that a lot of trades fall apart for The celtics when the news came out That Danny ainge is often trying to trade players that are not on The. Celtics, YET i can see how that would be a problem in.
Speaker 1: Negotiations, yeah, Yeah lee are loving. This you'll love a Good danny his. Joke he was so close to getting that big.
Speaker 2: Fish they did a little, bit but not all that, much you, KNOW i think again at forty, Eight, yeah they picked him up for, nothing but.
Speaker 1: They might have him for long term plans, Too LIKE i imagine sure what they.
Speaker 2: Think, Yeah i'm not sure what their cap would look like next season because they've Got Kember brown And tatum on big, money so they won't be huge money there For evan forty. Eight but, anyway we'll. See and as far As, THYS i think he's also a victim of just the way they've been playing lately that they kind of are, like we need to change something. Here because The celtics were a very good. Team they're two games below five hundred right. NOW i think they're better than, that But i'm not sure IF i believe that.
Speaker 1: ANYMORE i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i think so much of it comes down To Kemba walker's health and if you can't play back to backs for them down the stretch, here that's going to be. Tough he should be fine in the playoffs because they don't tend to play those back to. Backs BUT i just think so much of it as, there AND i think That tatum and brown Particularly tatum just feeling the effects a little bit of having to carry that team a little bit. More browns being great this, season But tatum just hasn't been able to sort of quite get to that level THAT i expected him to where he started off the. Season so, yeah a bit of a weird situation there For, Boston BUT i think on, PAPER i think they are a better team than where their spot is right now in the.
Speaker 1: Standings, Okay, lee what about you for a loser from the Tree, downlaine where you want to?
Speaker 2: Go, Well i'm going with The Houston rockets because the sort of final haul For James harden is in. Now obviously there's some draft picks which we'll get to in a, sect but the personnel is that they've gotten in return now Is Avery, Bradley Kelly, Olinik dante Exem, Ruy Don. Kudrus and then they've got four first round, picks three From brooklyn and one From milwaukee For James. HARDEN i, mean those, players none of those players are significant, players are a part of The rockets serious. Future the draft, picks who knows what could happen with, THOSE i, mean we won't find out until a long time down the road. There but, ultimately For James, harden they just didn't get. Enough and you, know they tried to re Sign Victor. Oladepot they wanted to keep him. There they offered him the two year extension. There he turned that. Down they would have been better off Keeping Carus, lvert BUT i guess they felt that Ola, depot you, know they could have convinced him to. STAY i guess that's the only reason why they traded him in the end To. Indiana so when you look at the Way James harden is playing right, now and obviously that's different to the way he played his way out Of, houston but it's not much of a return. Really you, know those draft picks are, potential but you just won't see, though you won't be able to cash in on those for a few years because they're down the. Road now there's some pick swaps as, well so there is some you, know you, know they don't even con, exactly but ultimately they didn't get one significant like girl Just alexander going To Oklahoma City, Thunder like When Paul george got, traded The thunder have got a legit piece moving. Forward who could be a part of, there who will BE i expect a part of their. Future The rockets didn't get any of. That and even on the. DEPOT i, mean he was a risk any, way and you, know the questionable about just how good he could have. Been but now they don't even get. Him, so you, Know Avery, bradley we talked about enough about that side from the, heat they gave up, nothing so ultimately not a good.
Speaker 1: Return you're just kicking The rockets while they're down until you do.
Speaker 2: IT i mean KIND i mean because when we first saw the traders like all those draft, picks and you, know BECAUSE i think they're unprotected too From, Brooklyn so you, know there's like let's Say brooklyn falls off the, map then maybe they do turn into something but when you just look at those, names you, know Kou routs and Obviously. DANTE i, mean you, know there's just nothing. There if you're A rockets fanily you're, like, well he's the, Piece he's the key piece in this. Trade those, guys all four of those guys THAT i, mentioned could very well not even be on The rockets roster next, season maybe not even the finishing this. Season so, ultimately you're just getting draft picks For James harden unprotected first four of. Them, man some pick, swops, fine but you know.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pray that something goes drastically wrong put the nets there and over the next couple of, years and, yeah you're you're getting like a super high pick. Here, Otherwise, yeah what do they? Have christian one and they've Got they took a flyer On Kevin Porter, junior WHICH i think was, smart, yeah to get him from The, Cavs BUT.
Speaker 2: I mean that's. It they got more out of him really for what did they give up for? Him a second round? Pick? Yeah, YEAH i think.
Speaker 1: So, YEAH i mean the cops were doing anything to get off the. Base yeah, Yeah, yeah it's rough if you're A Houston rockets. FAN i would assume right now you're just hoping for the ping pong balls to fall your way there tasks anything to Add would you you agree With? Lee would you include them there on their hall, there especially For. Ladipo, yeah when you.
Speaker 3: Look back for. Sure when we did our emergency podcast after The James harden, TRADE i initially thought all those draft picks are, nice you, know you GET i got a little too bogged down with, that and until a little Two bogdanovic down with that and not with the value that they got. Back and if it Was Kris LeVert rather Than Victor, oladipo, yep all would be.
Speaker 6: Good and so.
Speaker 1: We were saying at the time of that, trade.
Speaker 3: You, Did, yeah you. DID i, didn't.
Speaker 1: Don't you still don't get. IT i think they just saw the possibility of signing A ladipo and having somewhat of a Former All star. There, yeah, Yeah AND.
Speaker 6: I guess they didn't do their.
Speaker 3: Homework AND i Mean vic is NOT i guess he didn't want to be there number one and number. Two he hasn't looked the. Same So, karrislivert he's hitting game winners for The pacers right. Now they're going to him at the end of the. Games, yeah it would be nice if they had to pair along with those draft Picks Karris slivert and things would be a lot, different, because, Yeah kuruks And Dante, exum they just ain't doing. It maybe they can package a couple of those picks for a star at some, Point maybe they can move up in this. Draft you, Know i'm just trying to be positive because there's no way they got good return For James harden looking at it right, now especially if considering The nets are the picks coming. Back The nets are just they're too good and they will be for the foreseeable.
Speaker 4: FUTURE i think here's the return in The James harden. Trade The rockets are going to be the worst team in the league next year when they have their draft pick for the twenty twenty two, draft when there are gonna be a couple of really big prospects who are coming into THE. Nba this has been a move about tanking since they Traded James. Harden they brought in a first TIME, gm they brought in a first time. Coach those are both tanking kind of moves right. There they focused on picks over players the entire time, here they could have perhaps Had Ben. Simmons that's another trade that was allegedly out there for The rockets For James. Harden they didn't do that. Either they've been trying to get, bad they've been trying to stay, bad and they got worse. Yesterday SO i almost think this is a good job by The. Rockets they didn't maximize The Victor oladipo, return but maximizing the, return to me is being a worse and worse team and getting a chance at one of these guys Like Emmy baits Or Chet. HOLMGREN i can't believe one of the best players in high school basketball right now is Named Chet. Holmgren is that, son no, doubt get this guy a spot on The packers. Sideline shout out To dwayne Her happy birthday, today. Buddy but, yeah The rockets from the moment they Traded James harden has been about the next. Era this has Been Christian woods team since they signed. Him sounds like a, joke but he's their best player and he's the only guy that was ever going to be there for the.
Speaker 3: Future, yes but they were eleven and ten at one point and we, were you, know sort of salivating Over, well maybe maybe this is the redeemed team in Wall oladipo and would plus wow, yeah, wow wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cousins, well there's a GUY i hadn't thought about. Him in a. Second let's wrap this. Up i'll give you my loser from the trade. Deadline loser is harsh with all of, these let's be, honest but The lakers are a little bit of a loser for the trade. Deadline for, Me i'm a little baffled if this reported deal to Get Kyle lowry was legit and the hold up was a second year player In Taylor Horton tucker and that's why they didn't want to do. It, like if all of that is true and by most reports that's what they're, saying that's crazy to. ME i Think thht is a good. PLAYER i think he's a very solid. Player he's super. Young of, COURSE i think he's twenty years. Old he'll probably have a very long career because you, know he looks like he plays, hard gives it on both. Ends but like you Have Lebron, james you just want a, title And lowry immediately helps boost your odds of winning a back to back. Championship, Like i'm not crazy for thinking, this, right this is not The Homer Kyle lowry fan in, Me, like just especially with the injuries to your star, players absolutely helps your Chances and if you were that hung up on, again maybe they Think Horton tucker is the Next kobe for crying a. LOT i don't, know BUT i don't see, It AND i, Was i'm a little again just, baffled especially when you, consider, like, okay because you could even then Sign lowry for next.
Speaker 5: Year what's he?
Speaker 1: Want he's gonna probably want over twenty, million maybe even twenty five million for a couple of, seasons but that might even still be cheaper than paying Like shrewder and who's gonna ask for a lot of? Money has already made that clear he wants like twenty million and thinks he's worth. That and THEN Kcp SO i, Was i'm giving them a loser just because LIKE i think they could have got him and probably should have Got Kyle lowry to really help their chances to go back to. Back, Lie AM i insane for thinking?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: No and it sounds Like messija would have been. Prepared he was the one pushing that deal because he said he didn't want to Send kyle Thatr he wanted to put him into a situation that was sort of. Respectful so it sounds like The lakers were the ones who were really, like, no we're not giving him, up which is surprising because you would think The lakers would be, like, yeah we're in win now.
Speaker 1: Mode we're not in.
Speaker 2: Who cares about how Good Tyler Horton tiger might be in five. Years we need to win again this. Season and so it does seem a little off if that's the. Case but who knows exactly how these negotiations. Were But Messia, gerry he had his post trade deadline press conference and he was pretty honest about, it and he was, like you, know we weren't going to take pennies on the, dollar but we're also trying to get him to a situation that was respectful and showed how much we appreciated what we did here for. Him, so you, Know i'm Sure masai could have traded him anywhere he chose to for the most, part and just taken back anything in, return but he didn't want to do. That so The raptors Stand. Patton The LAKERS i think missed an opportunity. Here if that's the, case what do.
Speaker 1: You think taskes do they miss an opportunity if, that if that deal was actually a, legit.
Speaker 3: It's almost unbelievable that that would be the return to Get Kyle lowry and they wouldn't pull it off if that was. It if it was Just Taylor Horton, TUCKER.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i, mean you guys tell, me Because i'm not so well versed In Taylor Horton tucker's his potential Is.
Speaker 4: Blinka thinks he's a ten Time All, star, right Legendary illinois.
Speaker 1: Boy, YEAH i mean it's. GOOD i like, him as you, Said but if, yeah if that's the hold up in a Potential lowery, DEAL i can't believe. It you have a third star to add to your two guys when they come. BACK i mean you're you're the, favorites maybe already still despite the injuries and maybe where you fall in the standings because you Have lebron And. AD i, mean then you're with a. Bang you're the favorites to come out of The. WEST i think if you had a Healthy lowry to the, MIX.
Speaker 4: I would have even liked Seeing lowry playing alongside Just Anthony davis When davis comes, back that would have been a great way to spend the tide Until lebron is fully healthy and take a little bit of the playmaking duties off both of those.
Speaker 5: Guys show there's because.
Speaker 4: Lowry Anthony davis running that pick and roll would have been pretty unstoppable for a one to two punch that you never would have. Expected, so, yeah you gotta wonder Does Taylor Horton tucker go down on the list of very weirdly protected young players along the lines Of Rodrik beaubois AND Jj, hickson guys who were not moved because they were young and promising but never totally fulfilled that. Promise and it's, like maybe The cavs should have.
Speaker 7: Done The Amari staudamier trade way back When, wow how many guys have been possibly traded to be A Lebron james.
Speaker 5: Guy, weird.
Speaker 1: Weird, yeah it's a great point with some of those. Names so we'll see maybe they know something we don't.
Speaker 3: Know IN.
Speaker 1: Thht you, Know lakers fans love. THEM i get. IT i think there are some that are. HAPPY i Saw Silver screen And, roll Great lakers, blog you, know talking about like maybe we did blow this, like maybe we missed an opportunity here to get an Available lowry and again could even still then sign him for next. Year we'll see how it chakes. Up those are our trade deadline winers and. Losers let's hear from you guys in the stream team from me on the YouTube. Comments tweet at us at no dunk sink who did we? Miss can't get to all the, teams of, course and all the, deals but let us know which ones you'd like to talk about in the comments there all, right tasks ten for worst of the, week ladies and.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen the worst of the, week, well the worst of the week undoubtedly is The Los Angeles. Lakers we just talked about. It did you hear they could have Had Kyle lowry's caboose for the next few years that boost does not break. Down he would have been healthy going into Third it was kind of under the. RADAR i actually it was his. Birthday Was Kyle lowry's?
Speaker 6: Birthday, yeah, yeah that was.
Speaker 3: STRANGE i don't, know you, know we talked About Kyle lowry's. Name must have been said on this show and on what you need to know probably a Thousand, OKAY i don't know a lot of, times maybe not a, thousand but a lot of times over the next last four. Days and we didn't talk about his birthday. Anyway, whatever he's thirty, five AND i think The lakers made a. Mistake so did The. Sixers they probably didn't have enough and so did The. Heat either, way they're not worse of the.
Speaker 1: Week colin sure likes The sixers move of Getting George hill instead Of Kyle lowry for obviously what you pay, him.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah we'll see in the playoffs if that pays. OFF i get The George, hill The Kyle lowry light thing With George. Hill i'm a Huge George hill. Fan plenty of playoff, experience like one hundred and twenty playoff games in the experience. Department but if that's going to pay, off that Means Tobias harris has to be a boss in the playoffs Because.
Speaker 6: George hill's not gonna be able to take.
Speaker 3: Over he was with The bucks last year and he was, good but he's not Gonna he's not going to take over a game. Anymore it's just not going to. Happen lowry could have been that. Guy he did it in the championship. GAME i think if you want to call it a, win maybe from A Gm hollinger, PERSPECTIVE i get, It but from a winning on the basketball, floor you Need toby plus And bid Plus simmons to really come through in the. Playoffs we'll talk then right. Now candidate number, One, Okay, oh it's all you out, there because WHEN i asked you who is the worst of the, week this was Early thursday. Morning it's about eight these these tweets came at me about eight twenty eight thirty. Am everybody everybody, said oh, no this game is. Over they're like the guy at the. Bar they're like our Buddy, grish this thing is.
Speaker 6: Over Tristan.
Speaker 3: Jochi they're calling it right, right, right right, Right Tristan. GoChi the trade, Deadline, lol that's the worst of the. Week Paulo. Rodriguez this year's trade, deadline, aaron'spidget every SINGLE nba podcast talking every day about the trade deadline when nothing is happening a little too. Soon spudget And tom fans for setting really high expectations for every trade, deadline and almost every year we get. Disappointed we really don't. Learn oh, man, hey we were all feeling it yesterday. Morning DID i did a show yesterday at seven am talking About Andre drubbond.
Speaker 6: That being maybe maybe the biggest trade and.
Speaker 3: Then boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 6: Boom Oh may started.
Speaker 3: Breaking, yeah all on the last, day and nobody would splurge For Kyle.
Speaker 6: LOWRY i, MEAN i don't get.
Speaker 3: IT i understand you, wait you, wait, wait you want to. Negotiate i'm still mad about the lot. Everything, anyway candidate number, Two now this is a good debate because bo sent this one. In he Said D'angela russell for tweeting and subsequently deleting a tweet For Anthony, edwards his teammate Winning rookie of The year when news Of LaMelo ball's injury. Broke and then somebody replied to him OUR gcd and said he didn't delete the. Tweet, OH i, said, well let me check. Out, yes he did not delete the. Tweet, YEAH i didn't think he. Didn't, no he. Didn't D'angela russell Tweeted Anthony Edwards rookie of The. Year now it wasn't exactly at the same time As Lamello ball going. Down it Was Anthony edwards playing a little bit. Later but do you guys think that he should delete that? Tweet is it in?
Speaker 6: Bad?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, no you know HOW i. Feel you're gonna tweet? It leave it up at have some conviction if you want to stand behind. THAT i, MEAN i. CAN i get why people were upset, like, ooh poor, time bad. TASTE i mean because the, guy the Poor LaMelo got. Injured he was the front runner For rookie of The. Year, yeah your guy's playing well and now you're, like you, know pumping his. Bags just bad. Timing but, NO i got no problem with him not taking it, Down.
Speaker 4: Trey, yeah it's just the timing that's a little, off and the phrasing of, it like if you, know if D'Angelo russell goes the full, distance it just Says Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 5: Rookie of The year to lose right.
Speaker 4: NOW i think that goes over a lot smoother if it's the next, day you, know rather than happening the very same basically at the same.
Speaker 5: Time so, YEAH i don't, KNOW i don't. Know i'm with your.
Speaker 4: Skeets don't delete, it back it, up and a player supporting their, teammates it's hard to get upset about.
Speaker 5: That it was just a little too soony for.
Speaker 2: Me you, Agree, yeah it's just the phrasing and the wording that he. Used it's like you didn't Need it's like he's dancing on the grave Of. LaMelo oh he broke his wrist.
Speaker 3: Out that's.
Speaker 2: It you're you're gonna win now because of. That Anthony edwards has a strong case, anyway regardless of what happens To LaMelo. Ball so pump up your own teammate without basically taking a dump on somebody else or enjoying somebody else's, injury because that's what it felt. Like it's, like and Why like The angelo And, LaMelo as far AS i, know don't have any, Beef like there's no history. There so just pump the size of your. Teammate that's all you need to. Do but, yeah once it's, up there's no point in deleting it because everyone's going to screenshot it, Anyway yeah and rub it in your, Face so you may as well just be, like, yeah all, right, whatever that's my. Tweet just just try to bury it in A baraget.
Speaker 1: Tweeting, yeah, exactly you've seen this Dog oh.
Speaker 6: My, god.
Speaker 3: Distraction, yeah there's D Angela russell Saying roy rookie of The.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah the the emotic the emoji there did.
Speaker 6: Not help her yawning.
Speaker 3: Emoji. YEAH i suppose it's saying another, day another twenty five From Anthony, edwards But i'm not sure you can interpret it anywhere you. Want And lee, said maybe there's there's no beef between him and The, balls but, APPARENTLY i don't, know somebody tweeted, that you, know he Wasn't he Wasn't la early on in his. Career he had the whole snitching situation, there and there was some sort of beef with older Brother. LONZO i don't know either. Way it sounds like.
Speaker 5: This is going deeper THAN i.
Speaker 3: Anticipated it's too deep either. Way Anthony edwards could be rook of the. Year it's going to be a good. Race but it's great. News LaMelo ball reevaluated and what it's going to be like three weeks pretty soon.
Speaker 2: He's potentially coming.
Speaker 3: Back, yeah so that's good.
Speaker 1: News, Okay, now don't don't count Out Tyrese haliburton in. THIS i, KNOW i Know kings are on a bit of a winning streak. Yourself, YEAH i was, Kidding, no it's.
Speaker 3: True i'm being a bit of a D'Angelo. Russell i'm just, saying, Yeah LaMelo Or Anthony, edwards it's two dog. Race you, Know i'm dismissing everybody else But James wiseman is starting the rest of the. Season how many guys are at The rookie of The year table right? Now the conversation you know?
Speaker 5: What bring in.
Speaker 7: There's got delivers the flower, Right, yes Every williams is the guy that shows up at the dinner table asking you if you want to buy any roses to give to the other people sitting.
Speaker 5: There that's his job at this at THIS mb Or rookie of The year.
Speaker 3: Table that's good comment From brad the bandit. There This rookie of The race year or The rookie of The year race is Over Curtains. Halliburton, Okay so candidate number, three this is a, stretch definitely a, stretch And i'm giving it to all of us for not talking About Luke canards beautiful Euro step and Three, ball the two things of the modern era That i'll probably remember the most of the three, ball of course and The. Eurostep this guy did him both on the same play on a special.
Speaker 1: Night hold on you're giving us worst of the week because we didn't talk about.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: LUCKY i mentioned.
Speaker 4: THIS i mentioned eurostep to half court heave at the end of the third. Quarter eight for eight shooting in the second, Half Luke, canard The, nard No Arren. Man what a comeback by these.
Speaker 5: Guys, yes worse than the link to you to, ME i missed.
Speaker 3: IT i missed. It, yeah there's there's some good fake stats to come out of, that Because lukenard didn't play the first. Half he was eight for eight in the second. Half the first guy to go perfect with under twenty minutes shooting four to three pointers or something something. Serious, yeah, yeah like he had like multiple threes under twenty minutes going perfect from the floor. SOMETHING i think it was four. Threes but, yeah, yeah The nard. Dog i'm happy for, him and so yeah he got, that he got that euro step in. THERE i just WANT i want him to be good for This clippers, too BECAUSE i, want you, know Whether rondo really plays a huge. FACTOR i Think Luke canard could if he if he gets into, it if he becomes a little bit more. Aggressive apparently after that, game he went into the locker room and they drenched him with water because he went eight for, eight so it was a big sell because he works. Hard BUT i don't know he's Been he's been a sort of one of those uh enigmas these last couple of, years like is he? Good is he not? Good if he's in this, role will he be? Good and he hasn't taken the reins with The. Clippers but right now they're playing. Okay and they brought over another jerk In Rujon, rondo SO dbd with Those Los Angeles. CLIPPERS i KNOW i was.
Speaker 6: STRETCHING i was stretching it With, canard but had to get him in.
Speaker 4: There that's all, Right James, long pretty good comment here in the stream team he, SAYS i Makes skeets And tray two time worse than the week.
Speaker 5: Winners oh my, god in the same. Month it's been a tough month For skeets And.
Speaker 1: Trade. Yeah, wow we'll just getting buried here in this. SEGMENT i just. Checked The clippers got a nice win last night against The spurs with missing a lot of their guys Like No kawai and a whole bunch of other guys weren't playing in this. ONE i Guess morris And abaca and stuff like. That Luke canard off the bench twenty five, minutes two for, seven five, points minus four plus minus out. There so it didn't contribute a whole. Bunch But Terence man helping on the glass twelve.
Speaker 3: Boards that, name it's not.
Speaker 1: Bad, yeah And Reggie. JACKSON ok, again is.
Speaker 3: That Luke canard the first guy to go two of five With Kawhile sergebaka not in the. Life that was a nice moment. THOUGH i don't know if you guys saw a Postgame Terrence man his press, conference he pulled out Rush On rondo's basketball card that he's had in his wallet since he was in middle. School.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Wow, OH i DIDN'T i didn't see.
Speaker 3: That rondo coming over to play with The. Clippers, yeah, APPARENTLY i guess somebody compared him To ronto or some or so he got the card and then he had the best game he. Got he made the eight. Team he called it he made some team in high.
Speaker 6: School and then he said he would never ever let it.
Speaker 3: Go it's a good luck charm for. Him so he pulled it out and showed it to the. Camera pretty.
Speaker 1: FUNNY i just realized The clippers played a guy that's probably your favorite player in the. League Last, NIGHTLY i totally forgotten about this. Guy i'm talking about me a.
Speaker 2: Coffee that's, Right, coffee that's your.
Speaker 1: Guy, right you love, coffee coffee.
Speaker 2: Jerseys, YEAH i think it Was Iron eagle had A i mean loves upon. Anyway, uh it's something about a strong, crew he said the other.
Speaker 1: DAY i can't remember what it.
Speaker 2: Was, YEAH i mean they're just so easy on day those sort of puns for.
Speaker 1: Him so were you a big pole coffee fan back in THE nhl? Days?
Speaker 2: Ah, Yeah, no.
Speaker 4: Twenty three minutes for coffee last, Night. Lee does it take you more or less to make your espresso in the, Morning.
Speaker 2: Well that's about how long it does, take from the TIME i turn it on and let the let the las cuffing.
Speaker 1: Machine warm, up AND i.
Speaker 2: Grind it's a process That's i'm not like skeazy where you just can't. Wait you've got no. Patience that's what makes coffee even. Better you just you just give yourself a. Chance you think about it's like going on. Vacation you're, like, oh, YEAH i can't wait for it to. Come it's going to be. Beautiful and then you go and brew it and enjoy, it and it's worth the, way.
Speaker 4: Like a vacation in your, cup exactly the best part of waking, up vacation in your cup after you've been up for an.
Speaker 2: Hour oh, yeah, man when you grind those beans.
Speaker 1: And, okay, okay this. Again dylan wanted us to know why we weren't talking About Foxy. California i've never been there in fox scoring explosion last, night career high forty. Four it's because we can't talk about The. Kings you know they're. Playing, Well i've already said too much, ALREADY i legit already said too. Much so, sorry we're just moving. On but he did get, woolboy if that makes you. Happy, okay let's start wrapping this up somewhat. Soon we gotta get to tweeted The night, though.
Speaker 3: Tweet out the. Night, wow. Okay if this was spurred By Thursday night's Happy, hour there was a lot of looking, back a lot of photos coming, up a lot of old videos coming, up and So tweeted The night is an old video from our first Live Basketball jones.
Speaker 6: Show this Is january twenty.
Speaker 1: Twelve we are, ah that's, right our, sixth sixth season of the Basketball. Jones that's a. Dynasty that's. Insane and, yeah we've taken things to a new level here this. Year not only do we have a three camera, shoot four camera, shoe we got a full studio. Here we are, live as you said to, us live on the.
Speaker 3: Interwebs Trey kirby handing the twitters THE tv hash.
Speaker 5: Unplugged in right.
Speaker 7: Now you will have all the computers On earth right, Now, Trey you're gonna be working the tweets right the HASHTAG TVJ i got my, hashtag my, hashgag my hashtag gags on. Point so when we are gagging over there on your, hashtags can't hashgag the, Hashtag Trey.
Speaker 3: Kirby, good tell us what's going? On stand up for? Us tell us what's going?
Speaker 7: On From Benny skates with a goofy new. Haircut, sure From Michael, ludemann nice, haircut skates From Steve.
Speaker 5: Hallman So jay skeats hair is a new, thing but that's not.
Speaker 2: It we got some.
Speaker 7: TESTS i don't feel so bad about my gray hair after seeing tasks boom boom and then last but not laced of course more. HAIRSHES i think task is turning gray.
Speaker 1: All, right this was a horrible. Idea i'm going to throw that out there right, now this live, idea this straight grimmy reading tweets on, hair a horrible. Idea do you have any more losers? Here before we go to?
Speaker 3: Brace is the Hair? Jones that's all we.
Speaker 6: Talked, yeah, sure, yeah it's not a new haircut for, you.
Speaker 3: Just less, spike yeah, right a little more euro less. Spike, yeah that's the end of the clip there and It, YEAH i was looking, back who dinner my? Makeup?
Speaker 1: There you look like you're wearing like eyeliner or something to, me, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It looks like there's a mask happening or. SOMETHING i can't really put my finger. ON i do miss that bann, first and missed the, intersection great, intersection.
Speaker 1: Beautiful john what was? It John?
Speaker 6: King? Right thing And Dragon Way king And Peter, peter that's.
Speaker 3: It, yeah you're going one down, here you're one street over From maybe you're Thinking John, leevy the owner of the, building But John John street one street.
Speaker 6: Over and OBVIOUSLY i missed that banner behind. Us, yeah that's a nice. Banner looking, back it's a piece of.
Speaker 3: Art and ALSO i guess this was our first live show like where we actually were going. Live we you, know recorded and posted our show for, years many iterations of the show prior to. That but that, ONE i guess because we were working out The. Kinks there was a camera in the way Of. TREY i, mean we just didn't.
Speaker 1: Just a giant jib in the.
Speaker 6: Way.
Speaker 8: Yeah WELL i wasn't, directing so, yes so there you. Go but, yeah it was awkward because that was in the corner right like yours, said was in the. Corner, yeah we didn't have access to that big screen yet we worked at The. KINKS i think we got there. EVENTUALLY i do miss the fire trucks going ripping through the. BACKGROUND i should go back and watch that whole, episode because you get a fire, truck you get the Way i'm in. IT i do A facebook thank. You there's a bunch of. Stuff it's just it's worth, watching okay for.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah we had some fun on The Happy hour last night playing Tast you weren't there for that one at this. Point but episode six six to six from those days back in The Basketball, jones and it was a weird. EPISODE i think we got we got to rip that and put that up as a certified classic though it's we were howling watching that last night. Together, yeah killing as the devil in. That, okay nice little twist there to tweety pick the. Results it was The Philly lakers. GAME a lot of us took l a to, cover you, know as the dogs here plus four and a. Half But philly got it. Done it got real close at the. End you, know we were watching it sort of half assed and happy hours like they might back to our cover.
Speaker 3: Here But.
Speaker 1: Lee the only correct one with that.
Speaker 2: Pick good, job, mate And simmons free throws sealed.
Speaker 1: It, yeah big win for you, too because you are now tied with tasks for a second. Last i'm seven to. Night i'm coming up in the. Rear trey's, fine he's ten and. Six BUT i, mean how many days are left here In march because of the weekend we got tonight AND i guess we got a couple there next. Week four more.
Speaker 5: Days, yeah But i'm not out of the clear UNLESS jd starts picking for me.
Speaker 1: Again it's, True it's true you are not out of the clue, yet BUT i really need to gain a game on Either lee Or. Test but what's our what's? Our what do we pick it from tonight.
Speaker 3: Test let's stick with The lakers because it's it's difficult picking their. Games they're at home and now they're the. Favorite there are four and a half point dogs last. Night they're now five and a half point favorites against The Cleveland cavaliers because they're coming to. Town but the calves thresh off of win over The Chicago. Bulls but The lakers obviously still. Depleted although you, know we will get Some Anthony davis news. Soonish he's being re, evaluated but, yeah they don't obviously don't have him Or lebron Or Kyle lowry for this. Game So lakers five and a half point favorites against The. Cavs skiz starts up as it's.
Speaker 1: TOUGH i have no reed on. THIS i don't know what to expect from The, Lakers like this would be, Bad like they have two win games. HERE i think this one and there's another fairly easy. Team but if they don't win, these there's we'll be talking On monday about The panics setting in for The lakers and then maybe you, know falling in the playoff race or in. STANDING i should, say oh, yeah like how long Is lebron gonna be out and all. That but all that, said this is The cleveland Clevi cavaliers were talking. About, here give me The lakers five and a. Half it is a weird. LINE i don't. Like it's a little too big for My.
Speaker 3: Laking but, yeah sure that's up ten point swing from one night to the interesting. Stuff, tray what do you?
Speaker 5: GOT i like the calves on this.
Speaker 4: One back to back for The lakers In cleveland might be looking like a second half.
Speaker 5: Spoiler here three wins in their last.
Speaker 4: Five they beat The, Celtics, raptors And, bowls all teams that are better than, them catching people by.
Speaker 5: SURPRISE i think a little bit.
Speaker 7: Here, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Is it is a bit of a tough, one BUT i just think The lakers have got enough in them to cover that. Line what is it five and a? Half did you? Say? Yeah, YEAH i think The lake is by six. PRECISELY i don't know the Ca, Yeah i'm not sure what to make of, them BUT i think The lakers kind of need a win and they can get one. Tonight So i'll Take Los.
Speaker 3: ANGELES i will TAKE la by the number of appearances tail And Orton tucker will make in An All star.
Speaker 6: Game that's ten, Wow lakers by?
Speaker 1: Ten, oh hold, On if you guys are taking The, lakers Then i'm switching it. Up i'm going With i'm taking the. CALVES i got to make up a game. Here you see what you guys are. Doing give me the. Calves come, on you still have that?
Speaker 6: Time what did four? Nights you're gonna you're? Pulling, NO i.
Speaker 1: Don't i'm gonna be tied with both of you now after, tonight after the calves.
Speaker 6: Cover actually you're picking the Calves i'm. Taking, Nah i'm good With. Tucker come.
Speaker 1: On, Okay So tray AND i Have cleveland plus five and a. Half these guys have The lakers winning by six or ten. Plus good luck to. Everybody, okay let's end this drop in Style leally a little rapid fire. Fun, yeah you're asking the. QUESTIONS i just run for.
Speaker 2: You, yeah good, Job good job on.
Speaker 3: That good.
Speaker 2: Job work to my plan to retreat.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Okay first question comes From moujahed all the way From Saudi.
Speaker 1: Arabia.
Speaker 2: Wow, RECENTLY i fell behind on the podcast and shows Before lebron got, injured and WHILE i started to catch, up there was talk about HIS mvp case availability and how impossible it is For lebron to get. Injured. Whoops describe a time where you put yourself through a lot of misery for no apparent reason and you just can't help.
Speaker 1: IT.
Speaker 2: Jd so.
Speaker 8: Whenever we would go to The Humane, SOCIETY i can't help, myself but wanting to adopted dog and it's you, know rescue dogs can be a lot of work because you don't really know where they come. From and then one specific time where We i've adopted dogs, before but the last time and it will be the last.
Speaker 3: TIME I, uh we adopted a. Dog he was in very rough.
Speaker 8: Shape his name Was grover and he had We they said that they all they knew about him is that he was tied up outside all the. Time and it, was you, know the poor, guy and he had like his teeth were like a skew because he was chewing on a on a, gate like a metal.
Speaker 5: Gate uh, yeah so.
Speaker 1: Bad and uh we adopted.
Speaker 8: HIM i knew it was going to be miserable because you know this the poor guy was was just. Abused basically we had him for four months and then he bit me like, Badly LIKE i had to go to the hospital kind of, thing so we had to send him.
Speaker 1: Back so all the whole thing was.
Speaker 8: Miserable BUT i couldn't help, myself AND i, said it's the last TIME i would do, it BUT i probably will.
Speaker 6: Do it again because he can't help.
Speaker 1: It you can't help.
Speaker 8: It you gotta you, know, dogs, man they just get.
Speaker 7: You that's.
Speaker 3: It, well what DO i put myself or what DO i suffer? FROM i, MEAN i love. SUFFERING i do it every, day, MAN i. AM i am A greek at. Heart we love to.
Speaker 6: Suffer and Since i've, MOVED i do. It, oh Happy Greek Independence day.
Speaker 1: Yesterday but, YEAH i just saw that this morning On.
Speaker 3: Instagram two years NICE Gd, turks get out of. Here so Since i've, Moved i've been suffering all the. TIME i don't want to go out of my way to take something out of my car that doesn't need to be in, there driving a good, amount But i'll leave tons of boxes that are in.
Speaker 6: THERE.
Speaker 3: Jd i've got a ton of boxes in my car sitting there and waiting for you to, deliver to deliver to you for your, Move BUT i just they're sitting there. There occasionally bought me on the, HEAD i won't take them out of my. Car for a, WHILE i had my kid's car seat on the front, seat just sitting there because the back was so. FULL i could have taken it out and put it. Somewhere didn't do that. Either in most recent late, Skeets i've got a garbage can for you that's sitting in my.
Speaker 6: Car you're getting a New costco garbage.
Speaker 3: Can. Stuff you're.
Speaker 1: Beautiful offered to pick us up one At. COSTCO i think she was over there the other. DAY a great deal apparently fifty bucks for this thing with like going on for one hundred plus.
Speaker 3: If you guys have it, right way cheaper than what we got it. For and now it's sitting beside, me it's in my passenger. Seat we're cozying up me in a garbage. Can just too later to take.
Speaker 1: A garbage can't replace it with the new.
Speaker 3: One that would be.
Speaker 5: Fun, hey what's so special about this garbage?
Speaker 1: Can, yeah IT'S i, mean honestly. Nothing it's got a nice pedal, though, nice good size for a garbage.
Speaker 2: Can just.
Speaker 4: Sleep it's just.
Speaker 1: Nice it's just nice upgrade.
Speaker 4: From Our, YEAH i mean one, hundred one hundred seems steep for a garbage.
Speaker 3: Can it's a, color it's it is. Nice, yeah it's one that you can leave out and not have to hide.
Speaker 5: It it's it's kind of, stylish it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Attractive it's got a nice little latch that keeps it open for a. While you don't have to put your foot.
Speaker 7: On that is.
Speaker 1: Nice, yeah that future what was for your? Place you sold? Me this guy sold me like you got sold a green egg, There, lely this guy sold me on this garbage.
Speaker 3: KID i wonder why it's gone so. CHEAP i Think.
Speaker 1: Danny's getting a back or something on, This so you gotta get some some scam going. ON i love it, though all, right WELL i gotta get that from, you but you looked too far, away So i'll never get.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Try you were trying to Get matteo to help you with the answers last NIGHT i had did you?
Speaker 4: Go came through in the clutch a time THAT i put myself through a lot of misery for no, reason waxing my back With.
Speaker 5: Matt you, know he's got a hairy, back that. Guy he needs.
Speaker 4: It but, Me i'm just there to support my, friends and of COURSE i love a tradition the start of summers when.
Speaker 5: You get your back. Wax you got that smooth feel once you get into the.
Speaker 4: Pool, unfortunately NOW i have a real reason to get my back wax SINCE i took a year off and it came back like a cape and No Matt austin to go To Sweet peach with. Me SO i really shot myself in the back on this.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 2: Okay the next question comes From Pablo miller at In Beautiful, Perth. Australia, Wednesday april the first will mark three hundred and sixty five days of me consecutively running five kilometers every.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 2: WOW i started on a whim back at the start OF covid due to the uncertainty of life and wanting to stay active while the gym. SHUT i thought i'd last a. Week my, question what's something you started on a whim and then stuck WITH? Jd?
Speaker 8: YEAH i was really stuck on this, one SO i did A google search of things you do on a whim AND i came across this article that was basically four things you should.
Speaker 1: Never do on a. Whim can we guess some as it? Possible? Yeah go, Ahead, YEAH i feels a diet buy a car or something like.
Speaker 8: That now think of something permanent tattoo, Tattoo, Bartide.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's gotta be something.
Speaker 1: Financial, YEAH i thought that's WHY i thought house or car.
Speaker 6: Like color garbage can.
Speaker 8: Now, okay, Okay so So barti art is the first. ONE i am not a, tattoo BUT i got my tongue pierced back in the nineties before it before it was the thing to. DO i was, cool and THEN i took it out when it wasn't cool. Anymore, Uh, love sex and relationships was number, two, definitely every single love sex or relationships or or breakups as. Well everything always done it a, whims always of the.
Speaker 3: Time for.
Speaker 8: Me college Literally i'm going. There that's, It like that was there was no, backup there was no. Nothing it was just going To ryerson and that's. That and then jobs and careers that my career is literally was started on a. Whim that this show was a whim and here we are fifteen years.
Speaker 6: Later so so there you.
Speaker 5: Go, wow they're killing it on. Whims that sounds. Up man got in early.
Speaker 4: On tongue, piercing got in, up got out before it BECAME i love it, well J.
Speaker 3: D i gotta go with you there for the.
Speaker 6: WHIM i am on the podcast train with.
Speaker 3: You we started it on a. Whim every version of the podcast as. Well, uh you, know, hey let's do a daily audio. Show let's do a daily video. Show all, right let's do you know what you need to, know let's do let's do. That let's make everything everything's on a whim and then we just figure it. Out it's like when we name a. Segment, yes the name is, good and so then we just figure out, afterwards you, know, like, UH i don't know this or, That, no what's, gimme gimme some what you got figure?
Speaker 4: Out trick or tweet Was it was always Tricker tweet is always like the pinnacle of that to, me where we're, like Tricker, tweet, great great.
Speaker 5: Name the game was pretty, weird pretty, freddy brutal.
Speaker 3: Tk.
Speaker 5: Uh for, me it's tucking in my.
Speaker 4: SHIRTS i started at the starters just as as an every once in a. While then The Last dance came out last year AND i started tucking, NonStop AND i don't THINK i can ever go back at this.
Speaker 5: Point it just feels too business like to.
Speaker 4: Me And i'll wake up in the morning throw on a pair of, shorts tuck, in And i'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Awesome Nice, Okay this week podcast worries Forward Draymond green to play it himself to be the best defender to ever play this. Game, okay, dudes toot that, horn bang that. Drama it's your. Time what are you the best? Ever AT jd Go.
Speaker 8: KARTS i went to a kid's birthday party a couple of years ago AT i don't, know like an indoor. THING i think it was On dretti's or. Something oh, Yeah so there's a bowling alley, there there's all these video games and then there's this awesome go kart track inside and all of the adults that were at the party got went and did the go karts AND i smoked everybody LIKE i was. Incredible uh and you, know like some really competitive people. Too So i'm the best ever at go.
Speaker 2: Karting we always talked about doing that In vegas and never got around to doing. It we got to do it BECAUSE i want to piece In vegas and never did.
Speaker 5: Anything, YEAH i want.
Speaker 2: To get out on that track against, You, jenny BECAUSE i raised my brother In laura And.
Speaker 1: Lima Last christmas lapped.
Speaker 2: HIM i lapped him because you guys got lucky with the go.
Speaker 1: Cart you got handed. Too, yeah that's part of.
Speaker 3: It Last, CHRISTMAS i lapped my brother in law and lima rue.
Speaker 2: For.
Speaker 3: Me you, know we generally a lot of us outsourced these. Questions we asked our loved. Ones we got the best at SO i Asked danielle and she outsourced it to my three and a half year old and so So danielle s And zoe said the best at. Working And danielle, said you hear, that and so repeated she said you're the best at. Working and she came over to me and she gave me a huge lips to lips. Kiss it was so, sweet a real kiss AND u AND i was, like is she being passive? Aggressively is she saying.
Speaker 6: That she's, saying you, know MAYBE i would daddy works to?
Speaker 3: Row yeah, yeah drive me, more get that get that garbage can out of that, passer drive me around.
Speaker 6: Dead or maybe she just THINKS i work a.
Speaker 3: LOT i don't. KNOW i don't work that much, anyway that's my, answer.
Speaker 2: Take us.
Speaker 4: HOME i think she just enjoys your performance. Tasks you, KNOW i turn on what you need to know and watch it with the girls in the, morning and they love seeing you up. Early SO i think you just have a fan in your own. Household but, uh for, ME i outsourced this one as well to the stream. Team last, night what are you the best?
Speaker 5: Ever AT?
Speaker 4: Si ed came through said announcing when things are, back AND i think that's exactly. Right of the five of, Us i'm probably the earliest adopter among. Things so if something that wasn't back starts trending, Back i'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: It right away and maybe it'll pay off in the.
Speaker 3: Future you.
Speaker 5: KNOW i, said the, bulls The, knicks the, hornets and the calves are. BACK i said it In. January three of the four we're.
Speaker 3: Back.
Speaker 1: Yeah the only thing you were not an early adopter to Was. Slack.
Speaker 5: YEAH i watched it On.
Speaker 4: SLACK i botched it On, slack AND i, Said i'm never going back to botching things like.
Speaker 5: That don't fight the, future. Man that's, why like.
Speaker 7: When THE nba is, like should we do a four point? Line everybody, says, nah, NAH i don't do a four point. LINE i don't want to be the guy who thinks they shouldn't have done a three point line back in the nineteen, seventies the.
Speaker 4: Future you can't fight. It you can fight it for a little, bit but it's coming no matter, what so you might as well embrace.
Speaker 1: It good advice. There as we wrap up This drum podcast super long, one this is. TRUE i saw you on your phone while was answering.
Speaker 2: Away there's something cool about wearing like a helmet dog going into a goct like you feel like A formula driver.
Speaker 5: Wearing, helmets.
Speaker 1: Driving your glasses.
Speaker 2: On, YEAH i text, on but you got the neck bryce and, everything because there's something cool about When formula one drives get, out they take off their shoulder straps and then they step out and then undo all the stuff.
Speaker 5: Like it's it's.
Speaker 2: Awesome let's do. It J d, sometime let's get away And DREDI'S i never. Daddies, yeah, Man i'm.
Speaker 3: In let's do.
Speaker 1: It let's let's get that that second dose and then word, yeah Go, Curtsey i'll love it with THAT f one starting this weekends a little perfect, timing perfect, time.
Speaker 4: Guys, yeah everybody in the stream team keeps saying who's gonna win The BAHRAIN Gp.
Speaker 5: Hamilton, Riccatto yeah he's not throwing away a. Shot, Oh lewis and the other. One what was his?
Speaker 6: Name?
Speaker 5: Alexander, Right Alexander? Hamilton was the was the? MOVIE i woant to like that better if it was About Lewis. HAMILTON i.
Speaker 1: Agree emails YOUR mba questions for the next beach step in Podcast No ducks at The athletic dot Com like, Comment subscribe To No dunks on. YouTube just hit thirty five, Thousand let's get to forty k by. Monday, hey you know aim for the. Stars grab you No dunk's merch At no dunks dot com and subscribe to The athletic for just a dollar a. Month go to The athletic dot com slash no, dunks or if you're In, canada The athletic dot com Slash No Dunks. Canada that's sort of all one word, There no Dunks. Canada all, right fun drop fun shows this. Week we will see you back On. Monday, hey Is maddio jumping in for very solid place? TODAY i mean that's where we left it with him last. Night oh, Man so that would be a special treat in Your No dunks YouTube. Feed so subscribe to GET vsp hopefully Featuring mattio with, lee which would be SO i can't wait to see us. Thumps, yeah clip, bros take us.
Speaker 5: Home you heard it here. First have a great, time turn. Up love you guys.
Speaker 6: Awesome thanks for joining, us, folks and remember you can't stop the. Future embrace the.
Speaker 1: Weekend. People you could, say every day.
Speaker 2: Happen every.
Speaker 1: Minute it's been so long that you're the One i've waiting.
Speaker 7: For it's happened.
Speaker 3: Already it's gonna be. Gravy