Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to Monterey Carweek. We're going to go back to the quail. We are now joined by Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkleman. And Stephan first of all, great to see you really excited about the new products that you have to show this weekend and that you have for customers to buy. But I first want to ask you about the business side of it. You have the same certainty now at a slightly higher level, right fifteen percent, but you have the same problem that Frank Stephen Wallaser has. You can't make Lamborghinis anywhere else. They have to be built in Santa Agaita in Italy, and that's part of the reason people buy them. Right, So are you going to have to raise prices?
Speaker 1: Well, we have not. The taught is at fifteen percent right now, but they are twenty seven point five for sure. We hope that they're going down to fifteen. That would be a solution which we can live with. But we are for free trade, so the best would be not to have targets at all around the globe. Yes, we are increasing the prices a bit for all the lineup, but we are taking the bigger share of it.
Speaker 2: Has it had? Okay, so now you're at twenty seven point five the target is fifteen. I get that has had the price increases that you've pushed through any effect on demand because at the same time as you're pushing through these price increases, we have all time record highs in the US stock market. The rest of the world is doing even better than the US in terms of risk assets. Bitcoin is trading. I think it hit one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars or thereabouts a couple of days ago. So are you having any problem with demand?
Speaker 1: One of the things which for sure is impacting business is uncertainty. So we need to have a certain idea of what is going to happen, and then it will be let's say a Kalma situation. For sure, there is a VFC because people are not knowing what is going to happen, so they wait but for the moment. Together with our partners, the dealers, we have had some delays, but we think that we will be back on track in the next month.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot of new product out and a little bit of a pivot for the typical Lamborghini right We're used to these fire breathing, naturally aspirated twelve cylinder motors, and you still have that, but they're now paired with electric drive trains, so hybrids in the Revuelto, in the Tamorrio, in the Urus. How are customers reacting to the hybridization of Lamborghini's.
Speaker 1: You know, we always said we don't need to be the first one to do the things when it comes to the hybridization, but when we get there, we have to be the best ones and the market has to be ready. Now, oh, the lineup is hybridized, and our customers and not only accepting it in a very positive way, but we also have a very solid older bank which is exceeding one year for the lineup, so we are very happy about this, and this is a phenomenon which we observe worldwide.
Speaker 2: We're looking at video here of the revwel To, and that's obviously the one I want for my forever car, but for my daily driver, I really am starting to fall in love with the Temorrio or Temarrio. I'm not sure how you pronounce it when you're when you're in Italy, but it's a change from the hurricon right, because it's down from a V ten to a V eight and you know turbos and hybrids, and the look is also a little bit softer, I think, Hannah, my friend Hannah Elliott would say a little more more elegant. Power customers reacting to this new vehicle. And when our delivery is going to start happening, when can when can I get the high the wheel?
Speaker 1: So the name is the Mera, you know, it's the name of a fighting ball. We are going to start delivering the cars in the US by the end of this year as demo cars, and then in the first quote of twenty twenty six, we will have the first customer cars. The car so far, without being test drived by our customers, is already sold out for the next twelve months. So this is a very good sign. And it's a V eighty B turbo engine and it's a very incredible engine because it drives up to ten thousand rpm. So this is something which is also for an environment we are in and the Super Sports Cup business unique and this is something which the press and for sure so Anna Elliott was appreciating a lot when we met back some weeks ago in Esturel in Portugal.
Speaker 2: That's right, Hannah's driven it and I haven't, but I'm glad at least one of us has because she can talk about it on our podcast Hot Pursuit. One of the most fun cars I've ever driven in my entire life was the Hurricane Stererrato. So that was the predecessor to the Temoraio but it had a two inch lift off road wheels and just an absolute blast to drive. Are any of these other cars going to get the Strato treatment? Would you envision, for example, a Tamorario s Toirato.
Speaker 1: You know, we are, let's say, starting the new era with older cars and the lineup completely new, so we will have a clear dairy reid strategy. But it's a bit too early now to speak about a possible Serrato. There are others which are in front of this type of car, so there will be open versions, faster versions, and then we will see what we're going to do if we're going to do a Stato. But as I said, we have a lot in our pipeline in terms of deiotization.
Speaker 2: What about a smaller Ura s Portia has you know, the Cayenne, and then they've come out with the Maccon. I'm seeing a lot more of those on the road, and there is still demand for I guess a four door sedan if it's lifted, you know, a compact s u V. Is there room for another vehicle in the Lamborghini lineup?
Speaker 1: So when we looked into the lineup of Lamborghini and of the super sports card business in general, two supercars enough and one suv is very well fitting to Lamborghini because in the past we already hit one and what is missing is a Grand Turismo or GT car, and this is what we're going to do. So we'll be a two door two plus two sit and this is going to be a model number four.
Speaker 2: All right. I am always probing probing you for future product news, and you're very good at holding it back. But I'm glad you at least let that go that there's going to be a two plus two, a GT out of Lamborghini. Very much looking forward to that and the Lonesador as well. Stefan, thanks very much. I have a fantastic car week. Stefan Winkelman. There the CEO of Lamborghini at Monterey