Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. It is Sunday, August eleventh. Today, after practice, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Holball, who gave health updates on Nate Wiggins and Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming out. Great day.
Speaker 3: Really, it's a great day for football, as is any day, but day's a great day for a lot of fans, and our guys enjoyed being out there.
Speaker 2: Had a lot of great fans out here.
Speaker 3: Very special groups, very special group of families was here, so we appreciate that. And then also we just want to say that our prayers and our thoughts are going for all those involved with the bell Our house explosion that happened. I just heard about it, so we want to just express that to all the families and all the friends who are involved in that right now, all the first responders as well, and everything would go well. And just encourage everybody. Just encourage everybody and all the groups just safety and do the best we can of those areas to be safe. So what questions you have with John.
Speaker 2: Looked like another Spectacles aphel Isaiah likely out there. What kind of trade camp do you think he's.
Speaker 3: Kind of put together, I would says, put together fantastic training camp. To your point, I mean another great day. We're connected on a bunch of deep balls out there. He's been spectacular with their route running.
Speaker 2: Uh details.
Speaker 3: I feel like at the timing has been fantastic with him. Is just a very special athlete. It comes to work every day and ready to go to work. So we're very proud of them and keep going.
Speaker 2: John, we saw it. I don't handles that go down like a left leg injury.
Speaker 3: And the update there, yeah, looks stable, looks good. Uh you know, obviously we'll continue to do some tests tonight and tomorrow to make sure. But first indications are that's he's fine.
Speaker 2: Did you guys get a more substantial update that's right on Wiggins and where everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wiggins is not a serious injury. Uh has the same one that I got yesterday or last week on the on the water slide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at look at my moviment. I could have I went back to for the game. So I think we're good son official designation with the water slide injury.
Speaker 3: It is actually yeah, it was actually an a C spraying, So I don't even know if this is that very serious. So but you know, you know, I would say that from an immune system standpoint, there's some superpowers that have to do with healing with some people, and I'm just one of those guys that just comes back like that.
Speaker 2: So I can't expect that of all the guys. But you know, so we'll see how he how he responds. I'm ready. I was ready for Friday. I would have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might have taken a little shot or something to get it done, but we'd have been out there if anybody had wanted to be out there. Cut your kid definitely the secondary with some guys going down, give me that second preseason game.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're in good shape. We don't have h we don't have any serious stuff. So we got Arthur.
Speaker 3: That's still gonna be something that's going to go into the probably the first couple of weeks this season.
Speaker 2: But that's all we have right now.
Speaker 1: So it Friday's games looked like it's tussling.
Speaker 2: Get the passing offensive stab between now and Saturday, what kind of improvements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think that's just something we got chased in practice. I mean in the preseason and if you watch all the preseason games, the passing game is going to be the biggest challenge. I don't really see too many teams out there just you know, dicing people up in the passing game because your guys aren't out there.
Speaker 2: So the timing is going to be what it is. So we're not too worried about that.
Speaker 3: It's obviously we want to be as good as it can possibly be, and we want to see guys step up, run good routes, make plays.
Speaker 2: You know, that's that's a work in progress.
Speaker 3: But you're developed. You're talking about developmental guys. For the most part, I thought Josh handled that well. You know, there weren't always the right routes being run. We had a couple of little hiccups and protection with some of the younger guys, So just things like that are things we worked through. I did think the offensive line played well. Go back and you watch the tape from a run blocking standpoint and the pass blocking standpoint.
Speaker 2: A man for man, I thought they played well. Just specifically get that probably with the position change. Now that he's practiced three or four weeks now at like guard, how do you think he did in the game. Was it a continuation of what you've seen in practice. Now thought, I thought you made a jump in the game.
Speaker 3: You know, he passed protection especially, was really good with his feet, uses punch, punched well, stage square, stayed in front of people. I thought he played well and I thought he especially played one pass protection run game he was good too. So, uh, you know, that was kind of a I'd say that he passed the test, passed the first test, and keep building from there and get to the next game. We had a big week of practice this week to keep building. But I was happy with Daniel, I was happy with Seppy, with Bennett center. I thought Ben played well at center. Uh maybe he's a center, you know, so, but he can also play guard. So that was It was a lot of good things.
Speaker 2: I long to say.
Speaker 3: One did you feel like wore he is and Rosengarden sort of made a good case that they could play well in week one if you decided to go that way.
Speaker 2: I do think so. I do think so. For Heast was very consistent and Rose mcguard was very consistent.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: For for Roger, let's get up some more plays next week. You know, we were kind of working.
Speaker 3: We had Pat got Pat played well, uh, and then Josh played well at left tackle. And then so Rogers reps were a little less. We'll get Rogers Moore reps next week and practice this week. But he also, I would say the whole offensive line passed the test. There's nobody really in that group of guys you're talking about that didn't look like they could play just.
Speaker 2: One target for a test water at the Point Park.
Speaker 1: What do you think he had to end of the n for the.
Speaker 2: Leaks gay, Yeah, no doubt. He's been dealing with the rib thing, so he's been a little limited with that.
Speaker 3: So hopefully that kind of it should be good this week, and if nothing else happens, I'd like to see him get out there and take take a lot more reps and and really see what he can do.
Speaker 1: We saw you add a couple of Daman receivers Russell Gage at the other side up there to day, and you're just looking for a little a little better of a presence in his well receiving room.
Speaker 3: Is there's something you're looking for him with these guys, You think, Well, I think sometimes you know you're you're playing the opportunities. You know, there's an opportunity to bring those guys in who've done some things. I mean Russell. Obviously he has had a ton of catches in the league. Anthony's been in the league two or three years and he's a talented guy. Hasn't broken through yet, but you know, we we were impressed with his talent, how to work out. Looked very good. Looks like he's in great shape. So why not take a look at these guys and see what they can do and see if they can make a push.
Speaker 2: You expect that, we do. We do expect Bait back real soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and what I want to speak for him, but I think he's I think he's real right, he's right there.
Speaker 2: He's practicing at eleven on eleven today.
Speaker 3: Kind of his ramp up, and it is a ramp up, so it was a limited type of a practice today.
Speaker 2: Uh, looked good.
Speaker 3: Came inside one time, we got pinned inside a little anxious to get in there and would have given up contaents.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to him about that.
Speaker 3: But seeing him out there, he chased I think he chased Josh around the corner.
Speaker 2: He could see his speed.
Speaker 3: He looks big out there. So yeah, I'm excited to have him back out there. I know nobody's more excited than he is it's hard come in you're a rookie and you know you got to be kind of on you're on the shelf for all these months.
Speaker 2: That's tough. So he's really excited to be back.
Speaker 1: As PJ.
Speaker 2: Tample working off the side is already.
Speaker 3: Kind of he's getting close. He's getting close. It's not not probably this week, but he's getting close. So what you saw the pisa at Isaac out there the second record, Horton's ramp up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure what are you see him so far as progress? For me, yeah, i'd say right on the schedule.
Speaker 3: This was, as we mentioned, the first kind of the first day of a of a of a limited practice. So I hope he ramps up quickly. You know that's gonna be the hope. I love to get him in the game, you know this week if we could, John, did you have any updates on Machina leave against see how the years us Cain. Yeah, those guys are both end up being kind of stinger type guys in the game, so they'll go through a protocol with that. They usually involve those guys in the concussion program. I don't even know if they're in the concussion protocol to be honest with you, I'm not sure, but but they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: He said, you were comfortable and.
Speaker 2: Our persons are kind of playing the first week.
Speaker 1: How close do you think you ordered me?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm comfortable that they took the steps that they showed us that they have a shot to do it. They haven't been you know, they're not there yet, but we still got three weeks, you know, have work to do. So I think they're very much in the mix. And how close were we to name in it? Probably you know, another game, maybe two games. Honestly, do you think a job the Woods here to play? I do think he will be, but that's up to the doctors. You know, they decide that. So they just didn't player in for this game. But uh, in anticipating he will be. But we'll see if he's practice full speed today.
Speaker 2: So it looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: John Woof, you.
Speaker 3: Thought of one Bright in the preseason opener in his training camp as a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Owen has been one of those guys.
Speaker 3: You know, he's he's a he's an explosive guy, and I thought he ran the ball hard north and south. You know, he's hit it up in there was explosive, pretty pretty solid pass protection, ran the routes well. I thought he made a case for himself, so we'll see going forward. I really thought all the guys did Collier and you know, didn't get many reps and Ali Olli ran in there hard. Now you know, he was aggressive and he's got that speed and explosiveness. The one he popped around the edges. Kind of good to see that burst. And I promise he's got good hands. I mean he shows good hands out here in practice. You know he had the one drop. I'm not gonna panic about that. He's got good hands.
Speaker 2: Got only your person looked at the new kickoff for any.
Speaker 3: Of your assessments with it in life, Yeah, I would say it's hard to see, you know, all all the little stuff because everything is at the same time, and you got a bunch of guys like running into each other close quarters at the same time, and there was there was a there was a block in the back. They don't there's this blatant takedown that went into somebody's knee. So I'm a little a little concerned about all the all the chaotic injury potential for the play. Uh, But I thought it was a lot of fun. I thought our guys did a good job with it. I thought our coverage was good. We had said one one that wasn't great, the rest of them were great. And I thought our returns we were blocking people really well, and we just got to keep building on it. So I would say, probably, if I could, probably, that's gonna be my last statement honestly about like what we want to think of it, because who cares. Uh, I think it's going to be I think I think I want us to be good at it, and so we were pretty good at it in this first game, so let's let's build on that.
Speaker 2: Let's go, all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Also head over to the Lounge feed as well and subscribe to that podcast. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back to you on Monday.