Speaker 1: Welcome in Command his family to the next man up. This is the one y'all all have been waiting for, because I'm sitting here with our new.
Speaker 2: Free agent, d Bo Sam.
Speaker 1: He came in through a trade and he's here now to be part of the Berkeley and Debo.
Speaker 2: First things first, Welcome in brother, Nah for sure.
Speaker 3: Thanks for man, Yes, sir, blessing man looking around the studio.
Speaker 2: So let's get right into it.
Speaker 1: Because unlike all the other people that we've spoken to that came in and signed, you were acquired, we went out and got you man, what went through your mind when you found out you were being traded to the Washington Command.
Speaker 2: So what's so crazy is, you know, I'm pretty familiar with ap for sure.
Speaker 3: And before anything happened, you know, I talked talked to Kyle, talked to John about you know, the next step of you know, of my journey. And you know, it wasn't it wasn't no like bickering back and forth. It was like we had a conversation like grown man. But after that granted you know, me permission to go out there and seek a trade. I got on the phone with my agent. My agent text me he was like yo, who's your top three? And so people might think this is fraud, but like this was my number one word. Okay, so this was my number one because you know, I've been watching JD a lot because of Brandon, like you that's I use right here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I seen them last year and I'm just like, yo, man, like these boys went to the NFC Championship, so they building something.
Speaker 2: And you know, me my career, my journey with the Niners.
Speaker 3: You know it's NFC Championship, this is that and the third So I'm just like, yo, Like they just went an NFC championship, so like they getting used to winning, so like why not?
Speaker 2: So you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of familiar with AP and kind of no Ontario good bit.
Speaker 2: So it's just like man.
Speaker 3: And then once I got the call like crazy because like it was my Pottner, my Pottner posted and his close friends because we had just landed in New York to watch the tank fight and we was on the plane and John Lynch had called me and told me it was like yeah, man, it just happened. And I'm like I'm landing to get ready for the fight, and I just start tweaking, like on the plane, like going crazy.
Speaker 2: Because that's what you wanted to this way you want.
Speaker 3: To get It was crazy because I'm on the plant like johnn is like, man, how you feeling like? I didn't have any words at the time because it was so much excitement and he was saying so much. But I was trying to pay attention what he was saying. But I was just so excited in the moment. I'm just like, man, Like, it was just it was just a blessing to be here for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, now that you're here, you get this reception you walk through this building. Man, this is different for you because you have been with your previous organization your whole career.
Speaker 2: Now you get to be somewhere different.
Speaker 1: Man, what was today like for you as you walk through these doors, as you get this welcome in and you know this is your new home now.
Speaker 3: Man, it was crazy. I guess somebody in the building, you know, like I'm a young boy fan. They had to yp you rocking. They had to yb rocking in the front.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It felt like I was walking to the stadium with how crazy everybody was going.
Speaker 2: Man, it was just it was more than just a welcome to me.
Speaker 1: Many sure, and everybody that sat in this chair, whether they have decided to sign or whether they got traded, they mentioned that they peaked what was going on here from the outside, just like you. You said you saw what Jaden was doing and and talked about him a little bit in your words, why do you feel like this is the best place for you to take that next step in your career because you're still.
Speaker 2: A young man. I'm just give you. I know ap for one.
Speaker 3: I know that he's about He built a night of his organization, so he know what winning is about, and he knows.
Speaker 2: Like what it takes.
Speaker 3: So it's like he got the mind of like, all right, I already kind of know what it takes to get over the hump, get to the super Bowl like he's been.
Speaker 2: He's been to two. It's just so like it's just it's just like.
Speaker 3: A building culture. But it's already built. The platform is already there. So I'm not coming here to be like yo, I'm coming to turn his team around. I'm just coming to be another hand, you know what I'm saying, to help this team try to get over the hump. You know what I'm saying so like, man, it's just it was just crazy, bro, not a lot to you.
Speaker 1: And it's dope to want to be somewhere, but for that place to really want you. And you know you made headlines today because and yesterday because the commanders decided to show you how much they're invested in you, how much they need you.
Speaker 2: I ain't gona counch are.
Speaker 1: Pockets like that, But in a world full of guarantees, man, you got yourself a guarantee here before you even were able to step on that field. Man, what is that voter confidence from a place that you have not played for yet?
Speaker 2: Mean to you?
Speaker 3: Man, that means I mean not only for me, But it's just like it kind of shows like how much belief they have you in a sense. You know, they can go off with what they've seen. Of course, anybody can go off what they seen. Anybody can be like, yo, devo is this, Devo is that? But it's like for them to make that big of a decision, not coming in the building, not meeting anybody, not stepping on the grass, it's just like it's just I'm already motivated for one like that was another that was like another gear in the sense you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like, man, I can't come in here and just let them down. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And one not not also just them, but myself my family. So it's just like it's not just about me at that point.
Speaker 1: And you say to yourself, everybody wants to say who you are, what you have left all these things. But from the man's mouth himself, who is Deebo Samuels as a football player? Man, it's so many words, man, Like I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's just I just keep it simple. Man, I'm just a dog. I'm just a dog.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I've seen my boy JK. And I've seen my boy JK in here like man, jkban Rockets since South Carolina days we played together in college, so like he got.
Speaker 2: That same dog.
Speaker 3: Like it's just man, it's just I think it's something that South Carolina water.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But I can feel your happiness and your excitement right now. You said you a dog when you answering a wide receiver room full of dogs. You got Terry Man, you have your coach and Bobby Ingram from South Carolina so many games in the league. Man, you are coming to a room full of dogs. How can you add to that and help elevate everybody's game?
Speaker 3: Man, Like I just said, Man, I'm just I'm just coming here to help, not coming here to take over anything. I'm just coming to be the guy that they need me to be and try to get over this hump. But yeah, man, I've been knowing Terry for a good long for a long time, been watching him and just see it every year, every year, and the things that he's done, not bashing anybody, not saying nothing about nobody's been here, but like to consistently do what he do with all the quarterbacks that he's had, is that is tremendous.
Speaker 2: Like you can't that's not something you can coach.
Speaker 3: I hear how hardy work, I hear everything about him, But like, man, you never read one thing about Terry saying this. Saying that is just hey, this is strictly about ball and work. So like I definitely applaud like how long he been doing it. I mean we got drafted together, so like you know, we're going on your seven. But he've been doing the six years straight with all the things that he've been through, and I think he got the right guy quarterback now to just help him take over the hemp.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what makes Commander fan so excited is the combo of YouTube. Not just the combo of YouTube, but what y'all can do in a Cliff Keysbury offense man where he just gets the most out of all of his players. Have you had to have conversations with with coach Cliff coached EQ about what their expectations are for you coming into this season.
Speaker 3: I'm not too much expectations. We ain't release that down and talk. I talked to the receiver coach a good bit and what's so crazy? You know, Cliff was in Arizona, so I played them twice a year and I see the things that he then we're rundale it at the time that he had there, and man, I just he's just a guru, like he ready to win.
Speaker 2: He gonna do whatever it takes to win. And I mean, that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 1: And it's one thing for coaches that have expectations. It's one thing for fans to have expectations.
Speaker 2: But from you.
Speaker 1: Yourself, like you said, you're motivated, you're driven. What are Deebo Samuel expectations for himself coming into the season.
Speaker 2: Be the first version of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm trying to be in a I'm trying to go to a level that I don't think I can I could go to if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: You know people say receiver running back.
Speaker 3: This is then the third Like I'm trying to step into another another mode. I sit down and like my boys. Like one of my boys called me last night and I was on the game. He was just like, man, what you what you up to? I was like, bro, I'm chilling. He was like, you worked out today? I'm like, what you mean?
Speaker 2: Did I work out today?
Speaker 3: Like he was like, man, I'm just calling the chicky and make sure you tapping in like this new version that we want you to be. And like, so it's not just me, It's it's my boys I grew up with, you know, It's just it's everybody. So like, man, I got I'm man, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to rock out. Man.
Speaker 1: And you've mentioned during this conversation, you mentioned multiple different things that work is motivation to not only get you here, but to get you through everything you've already been through. Man. You mentioned the word you said added motivation. Man, how motivated is Deebo Samuy because I know you see it. I know you hear the doubters. I know you hear the critics because that's what they're there to do. Man, How motivated is Deebo Samuel coming into a season where you really are on a proven type mentality.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty motivated for sure, and not only because you know people gonna say this, people gonna say that. I'm motivated for myself, for my career, what I want my career to be, what I want my legis to be, what I want to see my son.
Speaker 2: Grow up in.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, Yo, Daddy, you was this. You know what I'm saying. So I'm not really worried about like what the people are talking about. I'm more so worried about this for me and like my people, but the people around me, the people in my circle.
Speaker 2: So that's just that's just me.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that you came here with your family.
Speaker 1: Man. I love that you have a circle and support system around you. And one thing you're gonna notice real quick is your family got a whole lot bigger because brother, these command of fans, they do not play about their players, whether it's the bottom of the depth chart to the top of the depth chart. They love their God.
Speaker 2: So before I let you go, brother.
Speaker 1: Can you just give a message to the best fans in the NFL that Burgundy and Gold family.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to rock out with y'all, boys, females as well, everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: We all one big family at their point. Man, Let's make this something that people will never forget.
Speaker 1: Hey de Bo man, we appreciate your time again. Brother, congratulations on bea here man. We are so excited to have you. My boy dripped out on the ice man. Congratulations on everything. Dog can't wait to see you have success. Commands family, our next man of the boy in the building looking clean with the.
Speaker 2: White Forces, Debo Samuel, appreciate you. Broyes up.