Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Coleen Wit, and today we have very special guests. Lex Andrea from Poor Minds is in the building. Hey y, I'm really excited to have you both, and I'm more excited about what I'm about to eat.
Speaker 2: So what are you about to cook up?
Speaker 3: Okay, so today we're gonna be making some rowtail dip, which I feel like is like a staple in black family. It is.
Speaker 2: It really is like we make it for the baby.
Speaker 3: Showers, football games, birthday parties, everything growing up. My mom used to always make these, my aunts, my uncles. It was at every family gathering.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've actually never had the rotail dip. Really really excited. I saw a bunch of cheese and gooey stuff, uh huh, and I was happy. I was happy.
Speaker 2: I'm with it. So what are all the ingredients in the rotail dip?
Speaker 3: So rotel is it's a cheese dip essentially, So you got to have your velveta cheese, You got your cream cheese. We have Italian sausage. You can use any kind of meat that you want to use, brown beef, but we use Italian and it's a Turkey Italian Turkey Italian sausage. So we have onions, you know, whatever kind of dresses you like, so kind of look at it as like a fancy kind of taco dip. So you really can throw whatever you want person in there. This is just what we like in ours. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to use a few different cheeses.
Speaker 3: Some people just like to use just Belvita bite, but I have cream cheese, Velveta and pepper jack cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so we got a lot of flavor and a lot of gooey that's going on. Yes, So I'm curious because you have the you have the onions, and then the was like a baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that green pepper is called. And then you have these what are these.
Speaker 1: Green ones, green chili, green chilies, and the tomato and then that's tomatoes. Okay, are you cooking all of those ingredients?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, Well I'm gonna cook.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna actually like kind of well, I don't know, I'm probably not gonna saltate actually, but I'm just gonna put it all in once the cheese is melty.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm excited, So get to get to cook in.
Speaker 1: I'm starving.
Speaker 2: I ain't even breakfast or nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's gonna be a good little line, it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm gonna cook the meat first, so let me go ahead and turn this on. Okay, man, I played, y'all because usually I try to preheat the heaters before you guys start, So it's.
Speaker 4: Oh authentic the whole process.
Speaker 3: People be in the comments asking every little thing, well, what did you put this on?
Speaker 4: What did you write?
Speaker 2: So now y'all can see they see it stup by stuff.
Speaker 4: It's on medium heat, y'all.
Speaker 2: So do we have any like butter or oil or cooking spray? You know what the most I have is that butter back. Okay, this works. It's so funny because I saw it and I said, they don't need butter.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: It's just a little were from the South we put we want the fattiest and everything.
Speaker 1: I live and die by butter. I go through like a stick every two days. Really, it's terrible. Did you ever go through a phase where you ate butter? My two year old is actively using butter like it's a snickers. Really, she was like, coming to kids, you should be like butter she dips your little fingers in it, she'll bite it like that's crazy. And then I'll see her and I have this face of like and then she'll look at me. Like when I was younger.
Speaker 3: I got really really sick one day and my mom and my sister they were so confused. And while I was sick, and then my mom went to the sink and she saw because I used to eat butter and rice together.
Speaker 4: You did, yes, And I put like a whole stick of butter. And I was so sick.
Speaker 3: And she went to the sink and saw this bowl and it just had butter, this stick caked.
Speaker 2: On the bottom.
Speaker 4: She's like, that's why your ass.
Speaker 2: You can get from it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess because I ate so much on one city.
Speaker 4: Like I just I was not feeling good.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those parents like I give into everything my daughter does. So when she's like screaming for butter, I'm like.
Speaker 2: You know what, hand it to her. I'm like, you ain't nothing else.
Speaker 1: So but I never let my friends hear that, because my friends be always checking my parents and like, yo, she running you, and I'll be like, so I.
Speaker 4: Be handling your baby a stick of butter. It is crazy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes I gotta do what I got to want whatever you want, but.
Speaker 1: I do it in silence. I've never confessed that to anyone. I'm sure, like, stick a butter in your purse just cause you want one. I should, I really should, you know.
Speaker 2: Nah, But I love her.
Speaker 1: I letter I let her take off a little piece of butter, a little whatever is left, you know.
Speaker 2: But in my mind, you know, one of my other homegirls said that, I'm like, look, man, he don't eat nothing. At this point.
Speaker 1: If she wants donuts for breakfast, I'm with it, Like calorie is a calorie, right.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: I understand that I was a very picky eater as a child, so I totally understand.
Speaker 2: But this is one of the things that I love. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was a skinny, mini person, and I feel like this is God's way of punishing.
Speaker 2: Me all the taxes my mom chold.
Speaker 1: To try to get us to gain weight, and now I get to experience, like what it's like to watch your kid never eat. Yeah, but take me back to what was going on in the era of rotel depth.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, like I don't know I was a child and we just used to always My family was really big on family gathering and so, like I said, we just used to always have this that every family get together. So it's kind of like one of those nostalgic thing for me. But then also when I got to college and I was kind of struggling, it didn't really have any money. It was just a quick, simple meal that you can make for like under twenty dollars and it's.
Speaker 2: A great it's a great and it lasts day.
Speaker 5: It lasts for days, yeah, like days, Yeah, for sure, really, And I think for me, like growing up in the South, like we love cooking, and I think this is like one of the first meals you kind of learned.
Speaker 4: How to cook as a kid because it's easy to put together, Like you learn how to brown meat when you like five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think this is one of the like the first things I really learned how to cook because it's just like all you gotta do is brown the meat, yea cheese, and at everything you want in it. So that's what I remember. I remember this is like one of the first things I learned how to cook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really simple. I feel like you can't miss it up.
Speaker 4: It's full.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: So you guys were in college to start at college, I guess then, so you're in college not you guys knew each other, didn't know each other then?
Speaker 2: No, we had a yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was actually in college in this small town in Texas. I'm from Houston, but I went to school in Nakadochhi's It's like two hours away from Houston. And like, I was working at Lows and I was getting paid like a little money. I thought I was really doing something. But me and my friend we actually between the two of us because she had a job. She was working at this department store called Bilks. I was working at Lows, and we had food stamps, so like.
Speaker 2: The actual food sense before it became a card. No, it was a card.
Speaker 3: They had the card back then because this is like twenty a living. So yeah, so we both had food steps. I think we was getting like two hundred dollars a piece a month, and we used to go to the grocery store and wrack up on everything.
Speaker 2: And this was one of my favorite things to cook.
Speaker 3: And I used to and buite my friends over and I would always make them this and like this pasta dish that was like really cheap to make that iced to use booba into it.
Speaker 2: Was my thing. A lot of you really can't use it for a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's real cheese, right because it's I don't see. Yeah, I learned that the hard way after being on this show looking for velveda cheese in refrigerated department.
Speaker 4: That's one thing. It's like cheese and velvet. It really don't get cold, which is concerned. You know what I'm saying. You put in the freezer, it'll come out. It's still not a yeah, it really won't know.
Speaker 3: It's like certain things like that you have to question, just like how Hawaiian punch never gets cold.
Speaker 2: That's how velvet is just one of them things like that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that the freak out.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you it don't get cold.
Speaker 2: It's just you don't.
Speaker 4: But you don't because it gets the job done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, see, I.
Speaker 4: Grew up a little season.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit.
Speaker 3: So you put in the garlic, I'm gonna use garlic powder. I'm gonna use some ground peprika, some onion powder, a little Larry's and some black pepper. And the good thing about using Italian sash is too, is it's already seasoned well.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to a you don't have much.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm not.
Speaker 2: Really gonna use that much. Pretty much everything doesn't really have salt a need except for this.
Speaker 1: The Italian I'll do like a kel soup which is really really good, and the Italian sausage all the work.
Speaker 4: It really does like oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, yeah, you know, I love you.
Speaker 3: Like you said, it's already really flavor yeah, used it in the spaghetti all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So for me, like I grew up kind of spoiled.
Speaker 3: So whenever I got to college, I just remember this being one of my goals because that was like the first time me really experienced and being broke was like in college because I was like, for the first time on my own, I.
Speaker 4: Had to have a job and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You couldn't just call your parents be like hey, can I just get and They're like no, right, So it was like being an adult, you wanted it so bad, right.
Speaker 3: I think for me it was more so of I had the option to call my mom, but I wanted to be independent so bad because I was like, I have to prove this to myself that I can do it, you know, So I would go get my rotel and I would really like, you could eat on this for a good two three days for sure, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I won't get of it either. And I'm one of those people I don't care.
Speaker 2: I eat what I want when I want, even if it's not breakfast food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same. First of all, I don't even like breakfast food unless I cook it. I'm really weird about it. I feel like nobody can make a lot of breakfast food the way I yeah, except for I'm out here in Atlanta, shout out to eighty five South. But I did try the Atlanta some breakfast spot over here, and they had like the peach breakfast. Yeah, oh said, oh man, it's different. So I was like, Okay, some people can't make breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a lot of good break they actually have. I'll say that about Atlanta. We have some really good breakfast foods out here. Like the breakfast out here is good. I know people complaining about Atlanta food a lot, but the breakfast spots out here are.
Speaker 2: The breakfast spots.
Speaker 1: About the food out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I do too a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think if you Southern, like if you're from like us, being from Texas and being Houston specifically, like Houston really has some of the bits food in a mamrea, I'm not lying and so moving here. I just think a lot of the food is just very underwhelming. Like we have like a lot of cute places like that. You know, it's like a nice little vibe and a nice aesthetic, but the food is just always very underwhelming in my opinion, in comparison to like what I'm used to.
Speaker 1: When you say underwhelming, like the flavors, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The flavor, A lot of the menu options, Like a lot of places that I go to, the menus are very limited.
Speaker 2: They don't really have that many options.
Speaker 1: I think guys do the hot sauce in the person.
Speaker 4: Yes, she always she don't have it.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing she asked.
Speaker 3: You're just fast, period, Like I'm a sauce girl. I don't like no dry food sauce.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys are struggling separately in college getting the independent things you by choice and you not by choice.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I really I was kind of struggling a little bit, but yeah, I mean I could have called my parents, but I think I was kind of on the same thing because I grew up in the two parent household and me and my parents were really close.
Speaker 2: But I just think I was trying to like prove my independence to the Yeah, I like that free both.
Speaker 1: So how do you guys end up connecting?
Speaker 3: This is like years later, years later? Yeah, because we met Lex and I met. I was like, well it was like four years later, because you said twenty eleven, we met twenty fifteen. Yeah, me and you met like maybe like a year or two after I graduated from college and I had just moved back to Houston and you both finished college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we both graduated, no college.
Speaker 2: Graduate, but you have the same degree.
Speaker 1: I was about to ask that, what's the same what's the degree mass communication? Okay, okay, yeah, so okay, you guys are headed in the same direction. Yeah, yeah, all right, So tell me about the meeting of y'all kindred spirits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were working at a club bartender. She had never bartended before, and I really knew my way around the bar, so we kind of just started hustling together, like we figured out something that works for her. Like she's a very she's more believe it or not, She's way more social than I him.
Speaker 4: She's good at talking to people. So she would pretty much talk to the people.
Speaker 3: At the bar and I was making the drinks and she would be like, oh hey this man, I need too long islands incredible hulk in this. So I was making the drinks, she was kind of talking to the guys getting tips, and that's how we was making money.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we had a system and we was definitely cleaning up.
Speaker 2: This right that work.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because like us making money now together. It's funny because that's really how our friendship started. We've always just made money together. Yeah, like right off top.
Speaker 4: So that's how we met.
Speaker 3: We started talking and we realized we had the same degree and that we were interested in kind of like maybe doing radio type of stuff.
Speaker 4: We didn't know exactly what we.
Speaker 2: Were to do. Yeah, yeah, ye Houston.
Speaker 3: Well I'm from Orange, so I moved to Houston in what two thousand and seven, So I'm from a small small town, like it's like two hours from Houston. But yes, once we started talking and we realized we had a lot in common, the friendship just started from there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how we met, and she ended up moving to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: We stayed in contact for the whole year she was out there, and then at the time, the girl that she had moved out here with they ended up going separate way, so she was like, you might as well just move out here.
Speaker 4: You're not doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's when I was real broke. I was real broke.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because literally be her was just having this conversation in the kitchen before we started recording, and I literally told her exactly the same way the city like. I was like, I was like, bro you.
Speaker 2: Ain't doing nothing about here.
Speaker 4: I wasn't doing nothing. I was literally I was down to.
Speaker 1: My last three dollars, So you was like, come on there, come on, I'll be trying with my best friends, Like come on man.
Speaker 3: I literally packed my She told me to move down there, and three weeks later I had packed.
Speaker 4: She was here and I drove to Atlanta and I was like, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Figure it out.
Speaker 4: So I was eating a lot of rotael my first year.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Some rotel was being made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were living to together for like the first six months that she lived here, Like, she was staying with me in my apartment and we used to be busting down some brot. Yes, I was living on her couch because I had a girl that was supposed to move out here with me, but she ended up flaking on me. Okay, So the money I had saved up, I was saving up to be in a two bedroom and splitting rent with somebody. So then I had to change everything and really find a one bedroom. So the month two months I was supposed to stay there ended up turning into six months.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So I was really struggling.
Speaker 3: So when we would come home and make the hotel be like, yes, I know, I know for a fact, I'm finna eat.
Speaker 4: For three days. I don't know what's gonna happen on that fourth.
Speaker 2: Day, but I know I'm good, but I know for the next three days.
Speaker 1: So you're out there out here, and what are you doing for work to make money? Oh?
Speaker 2: I was bar sending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was still a bartender, but you're not a real bar She's just like okay, yes.
Speaker 2: And cold girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you asked me anything more than a Hennessy and coke that's too complicated.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting these bartending jobs because you knew that's where the money was at for you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, for sure. And then also, you know, moving to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Even though I had my degree, I worked in oil and gas for like two years when I first graduated from college, and it was a cool experience, but it just wasn't for me. And obviously out here in Atlanta, oil and gas isn't as big as it is in Texas. So and I knew I didn't want to work corporate and bartending money was quick, it was fast, it was easy, and yeah, I really I actually really liked.
Speaker 4: It for a little while.
Speaker 3: And so I just knew if I moved out here and I didn't have anything else that I could do, I could get a bartender job quick. Because when I moved here, I didn't have a job, Like I just was like I'm moving. I packed all my stuff, put it in the car, and I moved out here, and then I got a job maybe like two weeks.
Speaker 2: After, okay, and during this time ended up going back to barton.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so bartending for me was a little different because when I graduated from high school and I started bartending, I was like working at restaurants because during this time, it wasn't a thing to be like a fine bartender. In like two thousand and seven, two and eight, all that stuff kind of started happening, I was saying, like twenty fourteen fifteen, So when I moved out here, I started bartending as well. So it's like I had a job where it was like a cute bartender, but like we was really bartending, like making the drinking.
Speaker 4: Stuff, you know what I'm saying. So I actually had two jobs.
Speaker 3: I was working the bartending job and I was working at European Wax Center. So I was like literally, yeah, I was literally getting off of work at European Wax Center, then going to the club job, make getting off the club job at like four o'clock in the morning, going home, rest for a few hours, and then going back to European Wax Center at like nine in the morning.
Speaker 1: So, now, is this because the overhead in Atlanta was so high for you guys, or were you guys stacking for a goal at this point?
Speaker 2: We were at that point, we were.
Speaker 1: Just doing what was work.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to Yeah, we were just trying to make it work. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't really have no plan at the time, and I think I was just still trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. So I think bartending was It's easy in the meantime in between times.
Speaker 2: Too, because I didn't even know what I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Like I had the degree in mass communications, and I had tried my hand at like radio and even like red carpet events in Houston, and it was so funny, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I was just kind of winging it. And then when she moved here, that's what we ended up getting the idea from one of her exies to like start.
Speaker 2: A YouTube channel. Yeah, so take me to that conversation.
Speaker 3: So honestly, we started our cause we were like, what are we gonna do, Like we have to create some kind of content together, because every time we were outside and I get it because everybody's like, oh, people tell me that me and my friends are funny, But it was crazy because me and Dre couldn't even sit at like a happy hour without somebody walking past us like I'm sorry. I was listening to y'all conversation and y'all are It was like we could. I mean, we would be in target just having conversations and people be like, I'm sorry, I was listening to y'all conversation.
Speaker 4: So we started the YouTube channel. So we were just like doing it.
Speaker 3: We were cooking on there, doing hair tutorials every making. We were just trying to figure out some them. So my ex at the time was listening to us talk. He was like, y'all need to record this, like this is funny, and so we were like, okay, let's try it. So we started wind Down Wednesday and it was just us sitting down talking and at the time we weren't really getting any views on anything, but we were probably getting like twenty views on all the other videos, but wind Down Wednesday got a good o yeriod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was like, oh, we don't died something.
Speaker 4: We we got something here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like once Windown Wednesday started getting a little tension and we were super consistent, so I will say what this is what twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Right, This was like yeah, the end of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: So from twenty seventeen till today, we have not missed a week of dropping, even when it was wind down Wednesday and it changed to poor Minds, we've dropped the episode every single week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't seen what kept you guys consistent if you weren't making money in the beginning, Oh.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: It was times where me Alix will like definitely get into it because I would be like, I don't want to do this shit anymore because we're not making any like I need to start making money, Like why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think we just always knew that we had.
Speaker 3: Something really good and eventually people were gonna catch on, and so we just bugged it out. I think more so for me though, I really didn't feel like I had a choice. Yeah, I was like this has to be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, cause I don't know what else I'm gonna do, and I'm like, I know this is what I'm good at. So I felt like, you know, at the time, like she was in a relationship with someone and he was kind of you.
Speaker 4: Know, taking care of her and doing you know, things that he had to do.
Speaker 3: But I didn't have that really, So I was like, Dre was like, look, if something don't pop off, I'm gonna go be with my man.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, look, I ain't doing for me like I didn't please.
Speaker 3: And also too the thing about that too, even at that time, like it's like I was definitely in a situation where I guess you could say like I was kind of straight financially because he was taking care of me.
Speaker 2: But then I got to a point to.
Speaker 3: Where I didn't like him, yeah anymore, so that it's like I really need to make my own money now because I don't want to deal with you anymore. Like this relationship has Randy's course, And I think a lot of the time women don't talk about that part of dealing with somebody who was like, quote unquote taking care of you, because sometimes.
Speaker 2: You don't even really like that.
Speaker 3: Men you really don't want to have to deal with him, but you're dealing with him because of what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I think that was your motivation as well, and that was my motivation to really like get on my ship with the show.
Speaker 4: The show.
Speaker 1: So you and you guys are having a good time. Did you guys have any falling outs during Because you've been years and you show up on a Wednesday, what was seen looking like when you're beefing.
Speaker 4: We weren't.
Speaker 2: You could tell.
Speaker 3: You could tell we used to argue on the show. Their videos are still up because we weren't talking at at this point. Mind you, I don't have I'm broke. I'm literally putting ten dollars in my car just to get to her house to go record. So I'm already mad. I'm mad at the world right now.
Speaker 4: So and then me and her not.
Speaker 3: Getting along because we were just having like creative differences. You know, we're friends, and but we're not getting along right now, So we would only.
Speaker 2: See each other.
Speaker 3: It was about a five six month period where we were only talking on Wednesday, and we were only talking when we recorded.
Speaker 4: We would literally record. I would sit there and edit the video, post it, and I would leave and without saying bye. Nope, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: All right, see you next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, next see Yeah, that's hilarious. So what would bring you guys back together when those times would happen.
Speaker 3: We just ended up getting to a space where we really wanted to remain friends because I feel like, you know, obviously a lot of the time people do shows together and have businesses together, and it's just businesss like you don't get along. But I think a big foundational thing in our relationship has always been how close we are and how much we love each other.
Speaker 2: So I think we just realized, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been hard, and we've been doing what we have to do, but let's figure out how to get back in a good space with our friendship because I also think that will help the business too, And it did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was always important to us.
Speaker 3: I think we finally realized, Okay, poor mine at the time, wind down Wednesday is.
Speaker 2: Cool, but I care about you. The friendship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think what helped us is we always put the friendship for because I'm like, if this stuff blows up, I need my sister. I don't have family in Atlanta, you know, right, it's just us. It's just it's really just us too. It was like, you know, if I didn't have anything or I needed something, this is my closest contact that I had.
Speaker 2: So it was just like, okay, we have to figure this out.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, you guys, but you would think that at some point you guys took some kind of breaks. When I hear you guys haven't missed anything.
Speaker 3: I'm like no, girl, even when we were like hating each other, we still show you, like I'll be there at five on my way.
Speaker 4: We still do what we had.
Speaker 1: And it's like looking and I'm outside friends, like try to kind of get between y'all when y'all was beefing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I I mean I wouldn't so much stay get between us.
Speaker 3: But you know, naturally, it's like if someone is my friend, then they're not really hurt for him, and then vice versa and we're going through it, they like, oh, you know, they have so many opinions and stuff, and they're like, well, I don't think y'all should be cool anymore. I don't like that she did that either, which is why I really feel like in a relationship and in a friendship, you gotta be careful what you tell your friends, family members if you plan on staying cool with somebody or if you plan on staying in a relationship with them because you over it, but now your friends still feel.
Speaker 1: Some type of way about it still, yeah, and then they don't want to like go out if y'all want to do it, Yeah, they be like, I ain't going with her, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think it's like I'm thirty four now, you know when we started this journey, you know I was when I met her, I was what twenty six, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Twenty six.
Speaker 4: It's like so much I've grown. It's a completely different woman now.
Speaker 3: So I think on both sides, it's like she's a totally different person than she was when we first met. So I definitely agree with that there were things that should have stayed between us that we were.
Speaker 4: Kind of like being telling our friends. Yeah, you know that. It was things that we probably should have just you know, try to work out within us.
Speaker 2: But and now we know, you know, we're older.
Speaker 1: You learn, you grow, But I promise you that's the theme of Atlanta this week is everyone who who's doing business together.
Speaker 2: It's like, yo, let's go back to the core. Yeah, you have to. That's the only way I feel like it will work.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, no, let me not say that, because it's definitely people who, like I said, do business together and they don't really fool with each other.
Speaker 2: But for us, I felt like it was important for us to get back to.
Speaker 3: Our friendship because I said, because it translates on camera, like we said, if you were to watch some of those old episodes, it's so cringe.
Speaker 2: It's so cringing because it was obvious we could not stand each other. We're people in the comments.
Speaker 3: Like oh yeah, it was a lot of in the beginning, we actually lost a lot of listeners because they were like, I can't watch this. It was like they were like, this is because all y'all are doing is yelling at each other, y'all talking over each other, y'all not and it wasn't enjoyable. So it's like once we noticed, like we knew we had something special, but we were ruining it right, and it was like, okay, we got to get back to like having fun on camera, like nobody wants to tune in to drama every week like this, ain't you know?
Speaker 4: Love and hip hop? Like we're not trying to do all that.
Speaker 3: And then we saw so many people still to this day, we're seeing people start a podcast with their friend and they fall out and they hate each other.
Speaker 2: Podcast is going, friendship is going all.
Speaker 3: That so and I don't know what it is about business that like makes people's friendship always not work out always.
Speaker 1: Well, that was gonna be my next Like you guys are at almost three hundred episodes.
Speaker 2: When did money into the scene. Like I want to say, did we get our first check in like twenty nineteen? It was like an ad chicken. It was like eighty six dollars.
Speaker 1: We were so happy, Okay, yeah, but not real but not really you start twenty seventeen and it wasn't until when.
Speaker 2: Like nineteen it was like it was an eighty dollars check and we were like, okay, progress and it was it was a it was a like a monetization check. It was a chase.
Speaker 3: Like we were doing ads with some ad company that ended up firing eventually because we weren't doing ads right. Yeah, they sent us an eighty six dollars check and we were like super heavy about did you.
Speaker 2: Guys like take a picture and post it somewhere or frame it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: The third I have, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: We should have kept to those checks.
Speaker 1: I like try to do in my house.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: My dad had this conversation with me, and I think a lot of successful people go through this. It's like you're so in the grind that you forget all the accomplishments. When Dad started having a rule like, yo, maybe you should start hanging this stuff.
Speaker 2: Up on your right.
Speaker 1: So my home I call it like the hall of Fame. I don't put it out in the living room or anything, but if you go through the hallways, like if you go upstairs in my house, you'll see like a lot of different things that I did over time. And that was something my dad was just like, cause you're you're losing it. And Nick used always tell me that. He'd always be like, yo, take two seconds to take it in.
Speaker 4: It on email somewhere somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I saw you guys studio. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It would be nice to see that in that beautiful studio, like that first that first little check.
Speaker 3: I think it's somewhere in our email, but yeah, that was the first time we got paid. And so at that point it was like, Okay, this is possible, Like we can figure something out.
Speaker 1: So did you just like to check it?
Speaker 4: I even go to lunch with it. I don't even remember what we did.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what we did with it, because I know we didn't do much.
Speaker 3: Because we didn't have a bank account for poor mind at that time either, So I really don't remember what we did with it. So mind you at this time too, we're building our YouTube page as well. So YouTube had actually changed the rules to how on how to get monetized, So you had to have a certain amount of watch hours and a certain amount of subscribers. You have to have a thousand subscribers before you could get a check, yeah, and like something crazy number of watch time hours. So when we only met that threshold, we were like, okay, so now we've got to start your YouTube checks. But our YouTube checks were like you had to reach one hundred dollars before they even pay you out, so then you would have to wait months sometimes before we could get the YouTube yeah, because it was like we were making like six dollars a month on our views. So it's like it wasn't really anything.
Speaker 1: But and you guys still kept grinding instant and what is your family and your friends thing at this time?
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 3: My mom was just like, girl, I don't understand why you don't go get a job because you have a degree.
Speaker 1: But you guys were working during the during the did I miss that?
Speaker 2: Did you? Were you guys not working?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will work.
Speaker 3: It was but for like a year and a half, I wasn't well, yeah, the man yeah. I was still working at European wax Center. My mom was just like my mom used to get on line for me and be applying jobs for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, you need to go here, you need to go.
Speaker 2: Here, honey. She was like, what are you doing. I wonder why y'all took the Pride for route. She was over here filling out a wor.
Speaker 3: She was like, Hey, there's this place that's interviewing. But it was crazy because we had a little bit of money coming in, but it wasn't enough. And I had a conversation with Dre and I was like, Hey, I'm not gonna lie to you. If something kind of doesn't really happen in like the next six months to a year, I'm going to go back to school.
Speaker 2: She did so.
Speaker 3: I said I was going to go back to school for dental hygien I was gonna be a dental hygienis. I was like, I looked up the program. I was like talking to my mom about it. I was like, okay, I knew what program I was going to apply to. So I was like at the top of the year, towards like summertime, if nothing happens, like I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to go back to school, and that's how many years? Then like three, that's about three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were about three years in because I'm like, what, yeah.
Speaker 1: She'd be like three months left.
Speaker 3: She was. She was like okay, girl, Okay, now what's going on with y'all? And then it's like the content that we were talking about too was a lot for my mom. Like my mom was cool like me and my mom always had a great relationship, but she was just like you did, yeah, like this is stuff is going to be on the internet forever, and I'm just like, Okay, it has it has a purpose, you know, like we just have to keep pushing.
Speaker 2: So but they definitely didn't see the vision.
Speaker 4: Nobody did.
Speaker 3: And then especially with me, like I have, I have always been a person who like hops from one thing to another thing, Like I've always had an issue like staying consistent, cause I get bored easily.
Speaker 1: Now that your parents were starting to meddle a little bit more, did you ever hit the six month milestone?
Speaker 3: So what happened during that six month mark was we had met DJ scream out here. He's a very influential person like in the media space, and we had met him through a guy that we know named Kodak.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Kodak.
Speaker 4: Kodak was somebody that we had worked.
Speaker 3: With closely in media, like he would kind of get us little bookings and every now and then just for exposure and things like that. He's in the podcasting world as well, and so he had introduced us to Screaming. Scream was like, Hey, I got this radio show I want you all to do. So y'all come up to the radio station like every whin Wednesday and come do the radio show with me.
Speaker 2: So it's like an hour long Oh nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't like it wasn't like a paid thing, but it was more so the exposure. So I think once we did that, everybody was like hold on, like okay, like y'all doing something. And so at this point it was still called wind down Wednesday. So when we were introduced to Scream, he was like, you know what if you do hashtag wind down Wednesday, a million things pop up. He was like, y'all have something special. Y'all need to change the name, Like y'all need to make it where it's hashtag whatever. Y'all areymous, it's gonna Drea and Lex are gonna pop, right, So I think this was a synonymous what do you mean like, because.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, like people are going to associate that name with us.
Speaker 3: So we had to change wind down Wednesday because if you hashtag wind down Wednesday, everything so many different things. But so I think when we met Scream, that was the first time we were like, Okay, we need to come up like with a business plan and you know, we need to see and mind you.
Speaker 4: At this time, we have a lot of friends who were podcasters. They're going on tour and they're making money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with the Black Fact I see all of that. I'll be like, yo, you teach me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: At this time, we were We're going to all these people's live shows. We're just on outside. We're trying to make ourselves be seen. So I think once we started doing the radio, Scream had opened his own studio, so we's changed studios because we were recording in her living room at this point.
Speaker 2: So then we moved from her living room to an actual studio and.
Speaker 3: We kind of had a little team, I guess because at the time Iran was like our audio guy working with us. We started uploading the view the episodes on DJ Screams YouTube. So that's when the view started going up because photographer. Remember yeah, we had a photographer, We had an intern.
Speaker 4: Like it was like.
Speaker 2: It was like the beginning stages of us building our teams. Yeah, this is before the six month deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was still working. I was still working, but I'm like, okay, we're we have a plan. Yeah, and we were able to get the end turn because Kodak showed us how to like, you know, give credit to the school so she could still you know, come work for us technically, but we didn't have the money to pay her, but we needed help, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we were kind of learning like the loops of things.
Speaker 3: And at this point we're still not making money, but we have a professional setup. You know.
Speaker 4: It looks like a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and now it's like your manifestation is like manifesting even more. Right, So, yeah, where does poor minds take over? Right?
Speaker 3: So, once he told us to change the name, we're like sitting down because and we're like brainstorming, and we were like we drink during the show, like that's the main thing, Like we like to get turned during the show, so we're like drunk, No, drunk sounds too kind of trash. Can think of a name that we keep in mind that can be marketable so you know, people don't feel like, oh my god, this is We're not putting drunk this on our logo or whatever.
Speaker 2: So we were like poor behavior, poor the city.
Speaker 3: And we always opened the episode with saying a drunk mind speak sober thoughts. So we were like, what about poor minds because you know, we pouring it up and we're speaking what's on our mind because of the drinks.
Speaker 2: So we were like, right, I think we like it.
Speaker 3: And that was actually one of the first ones we came up with. We brainstorm for maybe ten minutes about that name. We did yeah, and it just stuck and it was like, I think this the one. Yeah, it just at first I was like and then we made the logo, so we finally had a logo. So it was just like starting to become an actual real podcast.
Speaker 1: So it was screaming like more of a mentor slat or was it like a business Was he like a business partner?
Speaker 3: I would say yeah, he was more like a mentor because we weren't really business partners like we didn't really get into like business partnership until we started working with eighty five Yeah, okay in twenty nineteen, about a year after that. We have been doing the radio for a year and that's when oh yeah, we had we So we were doing a radio for like a year and then we ended up Carlos ended up reaching out to us and was saying that he would like come on poor minds.
Speaker 2: So he pulled so he pulled up.
Speaker 3: To my house and he recorded with me at the house. And then that's kind of what built the relationship that we had with them. And then like you know, after a year or so, I guess he was like kind of watching what we were doing and he was like, oh, I want y'all to come up to the studio and come on eighty five South.
Speaker 2: And so we came up here, we did that.
Speaker 3: Episode with them, and maybe like three or four months after, Chad and all of them wanted to sign us.
Speaker 4: It was like literally like.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, because literally when you know, we were still recording at our house when Carlos came on.
Speaker 1: So that year after because it was before the jails, it was before.
Speaker 3: The Carlos had recorded with us. But then you know, people started being like, okay, who are these girls? And then you know, we met Scream. Then we get into the studio, we're doing radio and Carlos is like on the side kind of like watching us, like dang, I see they still doing their things. So he was like, okay, y'all, come on eighty five. We went on eighty five. The episode goes crazy, like it end up getting like a million views a week. Wow, So everybody's like, who are these girls? Like it came out of nowhere. So we ended up having a meeting with Chad and Ryan about three months later, and that's when like the work started. So we ended up moving into the studio with eighty five at their old studio at the time, and this is when the numbers started going up because the production value just went through the roof, Like you know, they had a team already.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you just pauls for a second shout out to eighty five South because I literally I've been telling everybody I can't even stop thinking about them.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to even go to sleep.
Speaker 1: We came here like a year and a half ago during Black Effect Festival, and we taped a couple of episodes but come back here.
Speaker 2: They built this whole set and did all this work, and you're.
Speaker 1: Just like, it's kind of speechless. It's nice, it's amazing. It's an amazing experience. I like, I don't know the words describe the level of happiness and appreciation at the same time. But you like, to me, this is like love, but my love lagage is also certain. Yeah, but like this is a lot of service right and beyond. I'm telling you, it's really I can't. Yeah, you guys respond, she was.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah.
Speaker 4: That one, No, this was fine. I was drinking out of this one.
Speaker 2: But don't matter. We'll be drinking after.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, I think like when we signed to eighty five, everything happened, and it happened quickly.
Speaker 2: But a lot of times people.
Speaker 3: Were introduced to us as eighty five being signed to eighty five, but they didn't realize at that point, we have been putting in four years of work, you know, to get to the point to where we could sit on the car couch with Carlos. So when we met when we signed with eighty five, I was I quit my job.
Speaker 1: A year later.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, it was nice. I was so happy because I was trying to convince her for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were all her job. I cried, I didn't want to quit my job actually made me quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love those stories. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was like I was struggling so long, eating a lot, like I said, eat a lot of roads here. When I had moved to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That was probably the brokest I have ever been in my entire life. So from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one, it was a literal struggle for me. I would literally have to put two paychecks together just to pay my rent.
Speaker 4: Like That's how it was for me.
Speaker 3: So whenever I was able to quit my job, I was at my job and I'm like, at this point, I'm only working two days a week because I'm so busy with eighty five stuff, poor mine stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you going on the road too with them or are you just doing the taping? No, So at that time, we had only just did the podcast like with them, and then I think a few months later we got signed and then we just started recording at the studio. We hadn't even started touring.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, when I started touring it, but like we were getting opportunities to go on other people's shows, or we would have an opportunity where someone was in town and we needed to record with them, so I would have every off work, right, So it was like sometimes I would have to call in the work because like, at the end of the day, I'm not going to work and I'm missing out on opportunity these right. So I got my schedule down to two days a week, and then my boss pulls me to the side and she's like, she's loving this for me, but the people above her, they were not liking.
Speaker 2: To this day. Side note, I used to be at.
Speaker 3: Work uploading Poor Minds episodes at the time because before we started working with eighty five. I still think to this day, I had left the logging on because you remember we were loading stuff.
Speaker 2: You are you are?
Speaker 3: You still got deleting. I think somebody either I worked with or somebody above me. I mean they deleted our whole and we had to start over.
Speaker 2: So it was like, luckily, it was like.
Speaker 1: How are you not?
Speaker 2: Like did you guys cry during that whole thing? We were really upset by you.
Speaker 3: But it was like in the beginning stages of our YouTube, so we didn't have like a lot of content uploading it.
Speaker 4: But I still think to this.
Speaker 3: Day, somebody I was working with was like hating and being because they used to tell me all the time, you can't do this at work. But I'm like, look, I'm trying to hustle. I don't have a computer. I gotta upload this content.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't even have a computer.
Speaker 1: Computer.
Speaker 4: I did not have a computer. So I would go to work.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, dre, I'm about to get I'm about to upload it. Give me to give me a few seconds. So I'd be like, at work, I'm deleting things. I'm trying to clear out the.
Speaker 2: Cookies and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so I was at work. Yeah, so I'm clearing out everything.
Speaker 3: I'm deleting the history everything, Like I'm just clearing the computer out everything I do because I'm like, I need this job, but I have to upload it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And she was in on it too. Yeah, you know what. I was like, girl, get it going on.
Speaker 3: And I was here for it because at the time too, I just had my own struggles and stuff going on because my dad had got sick and my dad actually ended up passing away like a few weeks before we found out that we had to go on eighty five South, so I just had to get it together and then we went on there and in a few months later we ended up, you know, like I said, getting signed.
Speaker 2: But life was just kind of hard. It was like, finally, all of this hard work we've been putting it in this paying off.
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, I when I, like I said, when I was at work, my boss pulled me to the side. She was like, hey, look, basically, the regional managers are like, you working two days a week is not enough because you signed up to be full time and you cannot be part time, So you're gonna have to be here five days a week or we're gonna have to let you go. And I was like, I was like, well, I'm just gonna have to leave, Like I just do not have the time. And I cried on the way home because I was like, I don't have a job anymore. And I was like, I really hope this takes work. I was like, but at this time we're making money though, Like we're not making.
Speaker 2: Money, like we are enough to like survive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I can pay my rent.
Speaker 3: I had already paid my car off, so it's like I can pay my insurance, I can pay my bills, so I was good.
Speaker 4: I just like that Sey, Yeah, of course yes.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to give up that security.
Speaker 4: It was it was for me so but it worked out. That was in twenty twenty one, so it's like we in twenty twenty four hours and we up like the Rotael though I still love.
Speaker 2: What is some of the like have you been out now that you're up?
Speaker 1: Like to be on you got the bill and been like I got this, but what was that? What was that high?
Speaker 2: The expensive dish that you ate?
Speaker 3: I'm just curious an expensive dish that I think that where you were like, okay, because.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie, we go out, we have but are you paying for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay to have like I just like I got it, or she'll be like I got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, because you know, I guess it's great.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys have the do you do the company card? Be like company.
Speaker 1: Receipts something I have learned so when I first got into business, I would say the receipts. Now that I don't know if before I just never knew this, but credit cards at the end of the year they break everything down so freaking well, I'll keep my P and L. But then for backup, especially because me and my account we have discussions.
Speaker 2: Be or we press some men.
Speaker 1: We gotta agree on how much I'm paying. Yeah, if we don't agree, we got to reevaluate back.
Speaker 2: You're like, we're like, let me go.
Speaker 1: And like, even we just had this discussion, he called me. I was like on the phone, my friend. I said, shit, he calling me. It's never good. So I was like, what's going on? He was like, so we got to try and avoid this tax. So I'm trying to see how to get you over here. I'm like, wait what So anyways, so then I said to him, I say, you know what.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure if I go back to my credit card receipts, I'll find something that I thought that I just completely forgot about. And I love that about the credit card receipts because they just fucking itemized everybody better than the bank cards. Yeah that's my goal to now, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think with us, it's like it's just it's a good feeling, like it is. I never really celebrate my birthday. I've never been like a big birthday girl. So like last year was like the first time, like I really celebrated my birthday with my friends and I like rented out a house in Miami for all of us, and it was just kind of like a moment I'm like, damn, like this is what I'm doing for my birthday. On my thirtieth birthday, I got fired from another job that I had, Yeah, and I walked to Drea's house and I was like, I remember she poured me a shot of hend and see it and I'm like, bro, what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: I need a freaking job.
Speaker 3: Only for me four years later to be like buying a nice house on the water, not buying, but renting a nice house on the water for my friends.
Speaker 2: And like, you know, yeah, it was like a journey.
Speaker 4: It's been.
Speaker 2: But I left that we you know, stuck it out.
Speaker 4: I'm still cheap though, I'm very much still.
Speaker 1: Cheap, though cheap or because there's like I was telling someone I was talking to, I was like, there's two birds was cheap there. Because one of my brothers, I'm gonna just say one of my older brother he liked the type of like when you go on a day with him like I promised you I went. We was in our twenties. We met up at like McDonald's and he tried to split a value me and with this girl. I'm like, bros, see yeah, I'm just order whatever whatever you want. Let's just not do Or he'll go to the registered and be like the Texas Ero point six piper. I'm like, yo, why are you doing this right now? And he'll quiz the person on what the tax rate?
Speaker 2: One? Okay, now is there? Or are you like more frugal still a little?
Speaker 3: I think I'm still frugal, especially when it comes to our business, Like when we're on tour, I'm the one that's.
Speaker 2: Like, what what is this on the car? What is this on?
Speaker 3: Oh? This is But I'm comparing hotel, I'm like, I don't care cause she looks she's more bougie to me.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm not staying in this hotel.
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, okay, so we're gonna stay in this hotel, but let me look at these flights and see where I can move some money right to make it work.
Speaker 4: So I'm definitely the one that's kind of more.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, I'm not really that cheap. I don't one of those people. I'm one of those people. I don't mind paying anything for a convenience. Yeah, Like, and I don't mind delegating task to other people. Lex is also one of those people too, where it's like, even in the beginning stages of the show, she used to like wants to start over. Whenever we will be recording, She'll be like, no, we got to start over. And I'll be like, why do we got to start over? And she'd be like, it's not that good, and I'd be like, so we have to start over. And wee had like two glasses of wine body and we a little tsy, but we used to start over. But I feel like now that we're so deep into the business, I realize the value of that because I think that's why we're so good at what we do and we can like do our show without ever having to edit it. Yeah, because we just know how to talk and we have like the chemistry and everything just slow.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and it complements the business to have that, to have that balance, because if both of y'all we'll spenders, I don't know, a couple of years now, it may be.
Speaker 2: A problem, but you don't appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh but see the thing about me, I'm not a cheap person, but I'm very good at like managing my money, Okay. And I'm like, and I think out of me and her, I'm the one who kind of keep up with the money more like with how much money we making, where the chicks at when we're getting this check and we're getting that.
Speaker 2: Check, making sure that the taxis is like put away and stuff. So I'm really good at money management. But I just like to like, you know, like I said, it paid for it convenience.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I.
Speaker 1: Struggle between frugal and like inconvenienced people I get. I'm like, you get what you pay for. Every time I go to cheap route, Jesus is trying to teach me a lesson. Every time I'll be like, yo, I know I can do, and I go to cheap route. I'm like, yo, you just lost a bunch of money. At Least you learn that when you spend it now and you be like it was worth it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes you got to take that.
Speaker 3: I think it shows in our content as well too, because we were blessed enough to be able to.
Speaker 4: You know, we have a whole staff now you know that's specifically for us.
Speaker 3: You know, we have a bartender, we have videographers we pay, you know, sound engineers that we pay.
Speaker 4: We have a social media manager.
Speaker 3: But it shows in our content and what we're pushing out because it couldn't.
Speaker 4: Be just me Andre doing everything. No, not at that point.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you know what, I'm going to give off this part of my money because I need these people, like I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to work these cameras. You know what I'm saying, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How to do that.
Speaker 3: So it was very important for us to make sure, you know that we had people around us to make sure we elevate to that next level as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get that in the budget.
Speaker 1: And the cool thing about your story is at some point you knew the base level. Like I don't think you should know everything, especially at this stage, but I think at least knowing the base level of upload a semi headed, a semi you know whatever is needed, especially when running a team.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think because we you know, like I said, we both have our background and mass communications and our minor and broadcast journalism, so all that editing and stuff. I knew how to do that. I didn't like doing it, but I knew what I wanted the show to look like. So whenever we see things on the show, it's very easy. Oh add this in here at that because we do have that background.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be too much meat, but it's actually I'm dying to eat girls, I know. Come on, can we try this? Rotel dip? Rotel dip? I'm excited.
Speaker 1: We got guax sode cream sauce. Do you just put the chips on our plates?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do it either way if you're a person who like likes the dip on top or you like.
Speaker 2: So are you like not a messy not your person. I'm a messy not I'm trying to You're gonna do your plate still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna make yours first, though, you gotta try it first.
Speaker 1: It looks so good.
Speaker 4: It's a perfect consistency.
Speaker 2: Goog Okay, I got this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and oh, I don't know if we added that in there. She added a little milk to the cheese to kind of yeah, just it out because it was a little thick, and then that I think with the pepperjact cheese soup, pepperject cheese isn't quick.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wait, we got to add all these others. That's at a word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I opened all of them girls, he.
Speaker 2: Said, and I heard about this. I said, yeah, let's get it, okay.
Speaker 4: Mini plate. You know, we gotta go to the him in the morning and miss the raige. You're gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, I haven't been to the gym since I've been here, really praying that it all bounces back afterwards.
Speaker 4: You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: All I've been eating is broke dishes. Anyway, It's been your favorite meal so far. I honestly think shout out to Tim Shantaran Sou. He had this Thai ramen.
Speaker 2: Okay. I tried to make it a couple of times at home.
Speaker 1: There's that I've made at home, like where I've like literally went home and I was like, I gotta, I gotta. Yeah. So there's a couple of Ramans that were I actually think I could rate the Romans at this point.
Speaker 2: But at there's a lot of ROMs.
Speaker 1: Even though I try to ban it from the show every once in a while it's like okay, yeah, because but I feel like that's what everybody does run to, you know, Like, but I'm like, if you're gonna do ramen, what's your what's your Twitter? Right? And then the worst dish by far is always going to be the pickled egg for me because it was the only dish I couldn't complete. Oh my pickled eggs, pickled egg and I was like doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had this young girl.
Speaker 1: She was like, she had her dish and she was like, na, you know, I'm gonna switch it out. I got a jar pickled eggs in the car and I was like, what's that And I was like, sure, girl, we never had that. She brought it out and I was like, I looked at her. I could for sure eat this. I'm like, I'm for sure could eat it. I took a bite. I was like, damn, this is this is this is hard, you know, and then I tried another bite and by the end of me, I was like, I'm gonna keep it real. This is the dish I can't finish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just one egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like stuff like that. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of anything pickled with pickles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't mind pickled things either, but it was the texture of the egg was like a rubber. Yeah, she destroyed you know how you have that one bad experience like and then it destroys that ingredient for you. So yeah, now the hard boiled egg to me is very hard for me. And I used to love Harble eggs, but I just can't.
Speaker 2: She destroyed it for me. Okay, cheers, cheers this this looks amazing.
Speaker 4: Here we go, all right, I'm ready to see her review.
Speaker 1: And I used to be nice about it season one, and now I talk stuff. I feel bad because then I'll be like, I sound.
Speaker 2: Like I like you. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: Hope I will say, though, I need some su you like spicy? It's so cheesy mm hmm that either you're gonna drink a lot of water or you have to add that extra sauce to it, right, Yeah, you want to pass me some of that because the cheesy is so cheesy.
Speaker 4: It is I told you it ain't real cheese.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you though, I've had some good nachos on the show. Thank you.
Speaker 1: This by far is up there. Have you heard of alarm steal from Gangster Chronicles.
Speaker 2: That's really good. Uh, nachos, But this this one is gonna go to the number one. Okay, number one. You know I don't took your spot, took the spy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is definitely like, it's cheap, it's easy, it's quick, it's quick. And like I said, if you make a like if this was one person having this, this will definitely last you.
Speaker 4: For sure. So all the college kids out there watching the cream.
Speaker 1: Cheese, I'm just scurious, why did you add the pem cheese, because I don't know if you could really taste it? Is it?
Speaker 3: I think for me when I added it's it makes it consistency a little different. Yeah, so it's more of a consistency thing for me. Yeah, for me, it's a consistency thing. And then honestly, normally, the way I typically do this dip is I put it in like a cast iron skillet and then I just put everything in there, like I cut up all the cheese and stuff, the different cheeses, I'll cut up the onions, the jalapeno, put the cans of brotail and stuff in there, and then I'll just put it in the oven and let it back and then I mix it all to there after It's like, Melty, this.
Speaker 2: Dip is amazing. It's fantastic. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys are absolutely amazing. Easy to fall in love, but I, oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Is there any advice?
Speaker 1: Even though I just listening to you guys, I feel like there's so many golden nuggets, But is there any piece of advice you would give so another podcaster that's doing the whole partnership podcasts, I.
Speaker 3: Would just say that if it's something that you're really passionate about, because I think that that's the number one thing to me, like you have to do what you love. I think that's why a lot of the time when people start podcasts or start doing shows with people, they're doing it because they're trying to get money quickly, or they're doing it because they see other people's success story, but it's not something that they really enjoy. I think one of the reasons, one of the main reasons that our show has become so successful is because we really enjoy recording with each other, and we really are friends in real life, and so I just think it's important to really enjoy what you do, and then it doesn't feel like work, and then when the money start come, then that's a buzz. And you know, I always hate to say this because I feel like it's so cliche, but you really have to stay consistent.
Speaker 2: Like even with the.
Speaker 3: Times that we weren't getting along and we didn't want to deal with each other, we still showed up every week, We still recorded. We never missed the week, And I think that that has added to the success too, Like you can't just show up when you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think for me just to kind of piggyback off what she said as far as like a money grab, I think if you're doing it for a quick check or for a money grab, it's not gonna come for a very long time.
Speaker 1: And I want to knowledge the fact that you guys are almost at three hundred episodes, because I know we was walking in the homes like I'm almost at one hundred. You were like oh girl, yeah, And I was like then I was like how many of you?
Speaker 2: As you was like three? We were like wait wait wait what you said it like you were like cheering me on, but I was like wait, wait wait, okay, shit, but but that's awesome. One hundred. That's a lot, and I just to finish.
Speaker 3: What I was saying is like the money grab is like okay, So if you get in it and you do start making money, that still cannot be your motivation. And I think for us, the money we know it's gonna come, and we know it's gonna be there.
Speaker 4: When people break up.
Speaker 3: And having hard times with their co hosts, of the time it's about money or ego and a little bit of combination of both. So I feel like, with money we know is gonna come, I'm not about to argue with her over no money.
Speaker 2: Right it's happening.
Speaker 1: I love that I have.
Speaker 3: If I do something wrong, I'm gonna apologize because I don't have an ego. When it comes to this, I will literally get paid last if I have to, if I got to make sure everybody else is paid.
Speaker 2: I like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I think take ego out of it and stop worrying about a check all the time, because sometimes you're gonna have to do things that you don't.
Speaker 4: Get paid for it.
Speaker 2: In equality, how do I forget that? Focused on the equality?
Speaker 3: A lot of the time people don't get to where they want to go because you're just putting out anything. I can honestly say, that's what I was telling you earlier. It used to frustrate me in the beginning stages of us doing the show, where she would like in the middle of episocial, like we need to start over because.
Speaker 2: This wasn't good.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad that we did because we not. We didn't never put out just anything. We were always making sure it was good quality.
Speaker 1: Cunts like you guys weren't just punching the clock at your angry You guys weren't doing that right.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I love that your commitment to the overall goal really pushed y'all through, because you're in like a six month battle and I know I talked to horrible decisions separately.
Speaker 2: They've gone through their bouts and I respect their housets.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting that whenever I meet women that are working together, how strong that actual commitment bonds to the relationship is really what carries them through.
Speaker 2: For sure. Yeah, I love that for y'all. Thank you for giving me the time out of your business.
Speaker 1: And beating me and hopefully the whole crew, because I know they're starving and.
Speaker 2: They want to eat this. Everyone was about this. What was your original this? It wasn't this. It was someone we say we did say, No, I had that.
Speaker 1: I got introduced to that from a little fish from Bak like where you put chili.
Speaker 4: I make a really good chili though, so he probably didn't have.
Speaker 1: You know, he literally had.
Speaker 2: He said, or male, check the chili.
Speaker 3: But I'd be having to let my chili sit for a while, so it's gonna be too long.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you did the Rotel because now you're number.
Speaker 1: One, you.
Speaker 2: Rotel Champions.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then where can everyone keep up with poor Minds and everything Dre and lex.
Speaker 3: So you can follow us on Instagram and on YouTube at poor p o u R Underscore in my n d s and you can listen to us on Spotify. You can listen to us on Apple Podcast. We're also on YouTube really on all of the streaming platform.
Speaker 4: Episodes drop every Friday, so every Friday.
Speaker 2: You can check us out. Yeah, and then you guys record every week or do you do like like seasonal, like.
Speaker 4: Season every week?
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to. I want to get to that point. We're so guests heavy that Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's understanding because we do a lot of solo, a lot of solo.
Speaker 1: Content, so yeah, I was like, man, I wish I could just talk to myself.
Speaker 2: It ain't that fun. I love hearing people's stories. Thank you so much, thank you, Sorry, this is so fun. All right, y'all piece out. I'm like, oh, I'm definitely I'm definitely finishing good from