Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostik, and Scarlett Foo.
Speaker 3: All right, Katie, so you mentioned alphabet, so let's start there, because folks, that is your number one gainer in both the S and P five hundred and the Nasdaq one hundred. On this Monday, stock was up as much as six point three percent intra day, so we did see an intra day high closing though with about a three percent gain. As Katie mentioned, we got news over the weekend Warren Buffetts Berkshire Hathaway disclosing a stake in the company in what was seen as a sign of confidence in its prospects. The steak as of the Friday close was worth about four point nine billion dollars, so that was certainly an now performer today. I want to mention two names. We're going to bring them up on the boards for you. This was also a top gainer in the S and P five hundred. Throughout the day, the news was lithium prices and shares and producers of the metal surge today after one of China's major suppliers delivered a bullish forecast for the battery material that had been languishing in a global glut. So shares in major producers, including SQM and Albemarle were both hire. Albamarle up about two point two percent here in today's session and SQM up about nine percent in today's session. So some outperformance there. And then just one more, just kind of something different. Vita Cocoa. That one hitting a record today. It's up about twenty seven percent year to date, heavy volume. B of A coming out upgrading its recommendation on the coconut water company to buy from Neutool, raising its price target to fifty four from forty eight. That after President Trump issued an order on Friday reducing tariffs and hundreds of food products we know that can't be produced in the United States in sufficient quantity to meet domestic demand, the company issued a statement this morning saying that under that executive order, it believes that it's coconut water products will exempt from reciprocal tariffs as of November thirteenth, And so, yeah, investors kind of.
Speaker 1: Like in that one.
Speaker 4: I don't know remain strikes me as like a harmless harvest sort of coconut water. Guy, I love coconut water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was an og on the copy you were back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is the best way to hydrate.
Speaker 4: I am a fanmant are you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? I never see you drinking it.
Speaker 1: Wow, she just called you.
Speaker 4: Out there, and we do spend a lot of time together.
Speaker 3: I know what he drinks water.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's talk to about some of the decliners. I want to start with the worst performer in the S and P five hundred today, Dell down about eight point four percent, worst performer on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred, double downgrade from Morgan Stanley analysts, who write that a memory super cycle increasingly poses a risk to earnings of hardware, original equipment and design manufacturers. The analysts cut their ratings not just on Dell, but HP, Pegatron, and asces Tech to underweight shares once again down eight point four percent, and video shares also taking today. This is the worst performer in the S and P five hundred on a points basis, down one point nine percent. Certainly, the big report that comes this week Wednesday after the bell, so keeping an eye on shares as a result of that. Also, Peter Thiel's hedge fund till Macro sold at staken in Nvidia during the third quarter, offloading its whole position of more than five hundred and thirty seven thousand shares that would have been worth about one hundred million dollars based on the closing price from September thirtieth, and finally, shares a Blue Owl capital down five point six percent today. They were under pressure. There was this big piece in the Wall Street Journal late yesterday. It goes into detail about how the firm is financing data centers and its exposure to the AI trade. Blue Owl among the fund managers that have brought in trillions of dollars in recent years and of late put much of that money toward financing data centers. We spoke to Chris Whalen, chairman of Whalen and Global Advisors, a little earlier. He referenced that article when we were talking about the financial firms involved in the ecosystem. Whalen is not sold on this technology. He doesn't see this the output from this as being as exciting as so many others thing can.
Speaker 1: I just say I listened to an interview, you guys, he's got to let them finish his answer, by the way, but I stayed to listen to the whole thing, sit in the bathroom the whole time. Let's check. Let's think.
Speaker 3: Actually it was good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, you would get to the idea you talk about data centers in AI. That's actually been a big driver what we've been seeing in the bond market. I want you to take a look at treasury yields. They didn't go a whole lot of places here. Obviously some people did bid in as a potential safety play, but the move was kind of constrained because of the gigantic bonds corporate bond sale out there by Amazon. And we've seen this play out over the last few weeks here with Oracle and a couple other big behemoths coming into the corporate bond market and that kind of sucks life out of the treasury market here. So that could be a big story here going forward as more of these companies look to capital markets to fund their AI dreams.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Boomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app MHM.