Speaker 1: I'll inspired the mustache.
Speaker 2: Uh no, I kind of been rocking it in the off season change up.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like the defensive line group has shaped up with all the new additions that you've added during the off season.
Speaker 2: Do you think what was it good? I liked how it was going. I liked how the edge guys were starting to develop and get used to the scheme. Floyd looks great, which is expected, but yeah, I like I like all the additions.
Speaker 3: Really good. Dudes.
Speaker 2: We had a nice d line dinner before we left to get to know each other a little bit, and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to Brandon and Yuget all about your contract? About the contract negotiations, I know you just went through YOURMS as well.
Speaker 3: I talked to him early in the off season, but not for a while.
Speaker 1: It can be really tough what you hear from the organization, and you have to let some of that go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's business, and I think everybody understands that. Sometimes when the players are in the position you were last year and it goes on, there's a criticism that you're being selfish trying to get the most amount of money you can.
Speaker 3: How did you sort of navigate that criticism, I just don't pay attention.
Speaker 1: Have you been able to talk to Drey at all and what are his spirits like.
Speaker 2: If you have, Yeah, it was just in the weight room with him, and he seems really good. He's sticking to the plan, doesn't want to get ahead of the plan, even though he's starting to feel really good. So just trying to stick to what the trainers have for him and be ready when that plan is set for.
Speaker 1: What did you change anything up at all in your off season workouts? How would you describe kind of what you put yourself through in the off season.
Speaker 2: It was a good, good offseason. Took it slow after a really long year. I think I kind of built it up better than I have in the past. But me and Joey did a really good job and I think I mean as good as shape as I'll be in. And we've made some tweaks here and there, nothing too crazy. But I think it's gonna be good results yourself.
Speaker 1: Having to change things up a little bit more, just because you continue to go deep into these postseasons and that.
Speaker 3: How do you feel that.
Speaker 2: Kind of wear and tear at up over Yeah, there's plenty of time in the off season to take it slow, and sometimes I get antsy and want to get after it quicker. But as I go in my career, I understand that you have to be you have to build it up at the right times, and especially when you're playing twenty game seasons, just building it up slow and peaking at the right time. And this year was much easier with knowing when I'm going to report. Last year is tough with I was kind of in no man's land for a month and a half not really knowing, so it's tough to really set it up the right way, but much much more structured this year. When you go through so many excruciating playoff losses, is doubt ever creep in your mind, like can this?
Speaker 3: Will we ever win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: It does when when you lose the games, but I think that passes and then you get to work and you really have no other options but grind it out again.
Speaker 1: A lot of guys say, like, right afterwards, you can't imagine trying to climb the mountain again.
Speaker 3: It seems like too much. At what point the off season.
Speaker 2: Or I think by the end of the off season, I'm always ready to get back to work. That's kind of the nice thing about having two halves of your year. I spend half my year in Florida and half my year out here, so by the end of the season, I'm ready to get home, and by the end of my time at home, I'm ready to get to work. So it's a good split.
Speaker 3: Dad was a D lineman.
Speaker 1: Do you guys, do you guys talk D line?
Speaker 3: D lines were so technique rich.
Speaker 2: Do you guys talk D line play and get offs and moves and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Does he want to talk to you and Joey about that kind of stuff? No, not really.
Speaker 2: He's from a different era, a lot different, a lot different game back.
Speaker 3: Then, and he gives me his observations, but not too much advice from Dad.
Speaker 1: Drake Jackson Ben, I know he wanted to be a sponge when he first caught here. How is he that? I know he's been around but.
Speaker 2: Injured, he said, how is he doing? He's doing great. It's tough when you're injured. It's kind of lonely and you don't feel a part of it. Everybody's going out to practice and you're in the weight room and in the training room all day, so it's kind of a tough road and gets lonely, so just trying to support him through it and hopefully gets back to himself. The Chargers were making a lot of moves early in this offseason and cutting.
Speaker 1: Did you ever allow your mind to think, Okay, if Joey was available, what it would be like him on the other end of you.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fun to think about, but I think he wanted to stick with the team and be a part of hopefully they're turning it around. I think they have the people to do it, but haven't really had the everything come together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: He's been there for a long time, so it would be a shame if he left when they turned it around.
Speaker 3: If you have a chance to meet Steph forty nine k, the Instagram influencer that kind of mixed you, and what do you think of the impressions? I haven't met her. They're good. I guess they kind of annoyed me in the beginning, but I'm over it, so I guess I guess good.
Speaker 1: Do you watch the Olympics in episode? Have the favorite sport?
Speaker 3: I haven't watched yet. I don't know. I'm not not too big of an Olympic. I like the gymnastics. It's fun to watch soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a chance to watch receiver And what did you think if he did watch?
Speaker 3: Like, is there anything you took away from your teammates watch? I didn't watch it. No in the episode. Yeah, well I think my dad told me. What was it? George has his birthday party? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was hoping they didn't have a mic too close to me at the party.
Speaker 3: Thanks.