Speaker 1: As it turned out, I had gone out night before with my buddies and I was just so hungover. So I just went for it and just decided I was going to be aggressive, and they invited me back for season three to be a full time sharkout.
Speaker 2: Welcome to episode five twenty two. We will talk to Mark Cuban, which is super cool. The guy is a multi billionaire and did not come from money at all. He's a self made billionaire. Parents didn't come from money. Big guy when it comes to sports like it, was the Mavericks owner for a long time. He just sold a majority stake. Still in some of it, but he just sold a majority steak. I was on Shark Tank, I say, was, I guess this episode is still going but he's off the show now, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was on Shark Tank forever. I just assumed he was there from season one because I didn't start watching Shark Tank at season one, and I really only know it from Mark Cuban being on it. He wasn't always on it. I thought that was kind of weird. It'skind of got good though, when he was on. He's the most famous shark, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the best one.
Speaker 2: He is the best. Yeah, uh so Mark Cuban. And then we will talk after Mark Cuban about the biggest wins in Shark Tank history, the products that came on and actually crust hundreds of million dollars. We've got a billion dollar product. We'll do that right after Mark Cuban. But thanks for being here for the Bobbycast. And here's my conversation with Mark Cuban. Hey, Mark, thanks for your time. Man, hope you having a good day. How's it going?
Speaker 1: Another day in paradise by guy. I'm just you know, getting up and rolling.
Speaker 2: I was talking to one of my guys here in the studio and I was like, I could probably do two hours with Mark Cuban, mostly because I'm very interested in different parts of your life. Massive sports fan. I think what you're doing with prescription medicine and and so there are all these areas Shark Tank. We're going to get to all of them. But if someone were just to come up to you today and be like, hey man, what do you want to talk about? Like what even do you want to talk about as a parton what's your favorite thing to talk about right now?
Speaker 1: Well? Right now, I mean considering how We got connected on this probably by guy Kevin Mack and the song we wrote together, which is what people have no clue about, and it came about via Shark Tank, which is the craziest part.
Speaker 2: So when you write the song, do you guys sit in a room and kind of hash it out? How'd the songwriting come together?
Speaker 1: He came up shark Tank with a company called Tickpit. We did a deal and I was in Nashville and we were just, you know, just talking and talking and talking about random stuff and I'm like, Okay, you're gonna laugh at this, but I got this idea for a country song that me and my friends have always talked about. And he's like, okay, hey, I'm always looking for ideas. Tell me. And so me and my buddy we'd go out to bars and when you know, when we were in our twenties and in early thirties, and it would be like someone would come up to us and be like, aren't you that one girl from that one night from that one bar? You know, just start All guys have these stupid things that they say. And he was like, that's a cool idea for the start around the song, and so we just started working from there and talking, and then we finished it up going back and forth via email believe it or not, and then we get on the phone and then we got together again for start Tank and finished it up.
Speaker 2: And how'd you feel about it the first time you heard it?
Speaker 1: I loved it because you know, we went back and forth a couple times for modifications, but it was like, you know, you know, how guys get together and they're drinking and they're saying we should do this, and how cool would it be if we did that? And just to hear it all put together was amazing.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the guitar pick for a second, because it's a pretty brilliant idea. I play a little bit as in I do like comedy music. But yeah, yeah, I lose picks. Everybody loses picks all the time. Yeah, it's if you play guitar, it's like you need it. It's almost like a major league baseball team. You need to have a ton of baseballs to have Again, you need a ton of picks to have a show. So the idea he comes in just kind of give me the idea from the start.
Speaker 1: So it's a thing called Tickpit t I Kapik and It allows you to take your pick and just put it to the bass of the guitar, right, so you're playing, you're doing whatever, and you don't need to pick, and you just pop it on the bass of the guitar and it's dicks, you know, and it's there when you need it and if you accidentally drop when you have two three four lined up and you know, I'm a three three court guitar player. You know, C, D and D and that's it. And so you know, it was just like, you know, okay, this is fun. You know, it's just easy to grab and it's always right there, and they're not expensive and you don't lose them.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting. It's one of those ideas where you're like, how did someone not already invent this? Right? And secondly, it reminds me of like a ball marker when you play golf, and now they have it. It magnetizes to like that thing you were on your hat. It's the same kind of feeling where it's like, how is this already not invented? But I think that's part of why it's so brilliant. Did you think the same thing when you heard the idea where you're like, how did this not already exist?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cause it's kind of like, you know, it's shark tech. When someone comes in and my first thought is why didn't I think of that? Then I know it's a good deal, right, And so I didn't expect this to be like one hundred million dollar business, but it just made perfect sense. And Kevin, who is just like a good guy. You know, you want to deal with an entrepreneur that's got a good heart, that cares about you know, people and customers. And then when you have a great product and you pull those pieces together, it was really easy to do the deal. And they've just been blown up, you know. They they're in guitar centers that we're doing deals with all these brands, I mean, and Kevin's a good sale grip man. He's out there hustling, you know, playner song. It's it's a lot of fun. This is one of those businesses where fun meets business and that's when the magic happened.
Speaker 2: And this is it for you on Shark Tank right final season that's airing now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and actually it just finished and so I'm done. They're actually shooting for season seventeen right now. It's kind of weird that I'm not there, but yeah, it was time to move on.
Speaker 2: Was it an emotional final not even on camera, but like when you leave the last time or was it like I'm just kind of ready to get out of here.
Speaker 1: No, it was emotional because, you know, shooting the show was fun and it's easy, and the deals are cool, and you know, I did the show because it sends the message to America, particularly in these times, that the American dream is still alive and well. But the relationships are really built with the crew, the staff, you know, everybody behind the scenes, the other Sharks. I mean, we've been doing this together for fifteen years. You know, you work with somebody for fifteen years, you're going to develop relationships and that was the hard part.
Speaker 2: You also sold a large stake of the MAVs, so it's like Mark Cuban is leaving this. But I feel like you've never been more present, at least like on all my feeds right Like, I'm seeing you more. But everyone's like he's doing less. So what are you doing less? Or have you just moved? And are you doing different places?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Different places, I'm doing you know less on some of the things I did for a long time, so I can go on and do more of the things that I think are going to be important. You know, for the longest time, it was just like, Okay, you know the MAVs, what a unique experience, what fun I'm about basketball junkie, you know, I love the game. I still play all those things. But it was twenty three years and then Shark Tank fifteen years, and it's like, is this what I wanted to do the rest of my life? And it's not that I didn't love either one of them, but my kids, you know, were fifteen, eighteen, and twenty one, and you know, you know, my middle daughters graduating from high school, my oldest daughter is getting ready to be a senior in college, my son is going to be a sophomore in high school, and you know, shooting Shark Tank and traveling with the Masks, I felt like I was missing things and I didn't want to miss anymore. And then, you know, we had also started costplus Drugs dot Com and that was having such a huge impact on people, you know, saving lives, saving people tons of money on their medications, and you know, it was just one of those things that I felt like if I was going to create a mission for myself right now? Was it going to be? Okay, what was I going to put first a great season on Shark Tank, winning another championship, or changing healthcare for the better? Because no one looks at healthcare in this country and says the economic side anyways is great? Right, Well, you know, it's just perfect in the United States, and you know, we've really had an impact, and I think I can have a whole lot more impact.
Speaker 2: Cost plus drugs is super interesting to me, and I've been following you in this journey. I grew up pretty much in poverty, and I talk about it people having to choose between medicine and food a lot of times because all the time, and you don't know about it because those people's stories. It's not like that's on the news. That's not a sensational headline that you hear, but it's happening all over America all the time. So when I heard what you guys' goal was, I started following because again, that was a big part of my life. We didn't even go to the doctor because we knew if you went to if you went to the doctor, that was going to cost money. So let's just not even find out if you're sick or not, because then we may not be able to eat or pay rent or whatever. It was.
Speaker 1: So trust me, I know exactly feeling.
Speaker 2: So then, what's the genesis of cost plus drugs and when did it become a reality you could actually try something like this.
Speaker 1: So I got a cold email from a doctor alex Oshmayanski in twenty eighteen or nineteen, I forget exactly, and he wanted to do this thing called a compounding pharmacy for drugs that were in short supply. So, believe it or not, there are drugs like pediatric cancer drugs that are injectable in hospitals that go on short supply because the companies that manufacture them want them to be on short supply so they can manufacture more, I'm sorry, charge more. And so he emailed me telling me about this. I'm like, well, that's a good idea, but there's got to be more to this. And that was right when the farmer bro was going to jail after having jacked up the price of this drug, you know, like seventy five hundred percent, and I started asking him, I'm like, look, Alex, you know why is he able to get away with this, and it became very apparent, very quickly that the problem was there's no transparency. You know, you talk about not being able to afford medications and being afraid to go to the doctor, and a big part of that is because you have no idea what a medication costs. We've all seen it or experienced it or talked to people, you know that go to the pharmacy not knowing what it's going to cost them for, you know, for a medication that the doctor prescribed. And when when you think about it, when you go to the doctor and they say you need a med they don't say can you afford it? Here's the price? They say, what pharmacy do you use? Good luck? You know, And so I, you know, to me, it was like, okay, well if you don't know all this information, why why has nobody just been completely transparent on medication pricing? And he was like, I don't know. And so I said, well, let's do this. Let's you know, let's see if we can create a company that is absolutely transparent that people can trust and know if they can afford it and hopefully be more able to afford it. So when I got the u URL cosplus drugs dot Com and made the decision that when you go to costplus Drugs dot com, you put in the name of the medication. And now we're up to thousands of different skews that we carry, and if we carry it, we don't have all of them yet, we're working on it. But if we carry it, we show you what it cost us to buy. And so you know our exact costs for that medication. We mark it up fifteen percent. That's it, because you know why fifteen percent because I thought that would be fair. And then if it's mail order, it's five dollars for a pharmacist to review and five dollars for shipping and handling, and that's it. And so by doing it that way, we were able to cut the cost of medications for people like ninety eight percent, like the can. I can't even tell you how many times I've got emails or even people walking up to me on the street just hugging me. I was in Nashville actually to see Kevin and this woman walked up and just started crying and hugging me and told me the story about how her family was saving thousands of dollars per month using costplus Drugs dot Com and they, you know, not only were not rationing, they couldn't afford it to buy it at all. And now they could afford their medication. Or you know, I had one not long ago where somebody emailed me and said, look, I have cancer. It just is what it is. And I was getting ready to make the decision that I'm not going to buy any more medications because when I'm gone, it's going to be on our credit card and my wife is going to be obligated to pay that credit card bill. But we found out about costplus Drugs dot Com. Went to costplus Drugs dot Com and instead of it being nine hundred dollars a month, it was like forty three dollars a month. You saved our lives. I mean, when you hear that kind of stuff, I mean, if that's not motivating and you know, worthy of attention, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: You talk about the doctor emailing you. And this is a story that I've been able to tell about you for a long time, and it's it's been over fifteen years. So you may not remember the story, cause I'm sure you've done this one hundred times or more, but I had a friend because we lived in Austin for a long time, like like twelve thirteen years, and she was like going to our first Maps game ever, and she just emailed your email address and you actually responded and met her out front with tickets of the arena. And she was like, Mark Cuban, the freaking owns met me and handed me tickets to the game with her and her dad. Like, I'm you do stuff like that a lot. I'm not making that up. You've done that before, right, Yeah, for sure. I would tell people and they're like, there's no chance that Mark Cuban. I was like, guys, I swear to you he met her out front and handed her tickets. How do you know whose emails to read? How do you look at all the emails?
Speaker 1: You just get a sense of it, you know. I don't do a lot of phone calls. They don't do many meetings at all. I try to do everything via email because it gives me a tickler file, and it gives me a history, right, I can go back and search for things, and like, if you told me her email address, I could probably find that email. But having read so many of them, you kind of get a feel for what's real or not. And you know it's typically the longer the backstory, the less likely it is to be true or necessary. But when somebody is like shortened to the point, hey, you know we can't afford it. My mom and my dad, it's been their dream to go to a MAVs game. You know, if you ask me for a Lakers game, I'm probably not going to respond if you say, we'll take any game at all. We just want to go and experience it together. I'm gonna be your guy, you know, and I'm gonna get you those tickets, and you're gonna come to a Math game. We're all gonna have fun.
Speaker 4: Let's take a quick pause for a message from our sponsor, and we're back on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 2: What was life like for you at like eight years old? Like I'm just trying to picture the young version of you and how you this presentation what we see now? Like, how did that get formed?
Speaker 1: You know? I grew in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My dad did a pollstery on cars. My mom did odd jobs at two younger brothers. Nothing. You know, we weren't poor, but we weren't rich, that's for certain. And I was always my parents were always like, if you want something, you got to earn it. My dad was one, you know, typical, you know, blue collar worker, up at six to work at seven, home at five, on the easy chair by six, watch you whatsever on television, you know, asleep by nine, and you know, we just had a normal family. But they were always like, you know, if you want better, you've got to earn it. And so from it as long as I can remember, like I was taking baseball cards and going to the park in the neighborhood and reselling those baseball cards to make money to buy more baseball cards, or like one time I wanted to get a new pair of basketball shoes. And my dad was playing poker with his buddies at the house and I came in and you know, to grab a donut or whatever, and they were drinking playing poker, and I'm like, Dad, you know, I want a new pair of basketball shoes. And he looks at me. He goes, you see those shoes in your feet, they look like they work. When you have a job, you can buy whatever you want. I'm like, Dad, I'm twelve years old. How am I going to get a job. And one of his buddies piped up. You know, I got these trash bags boxes, the trash bags that you can sell the neighborhood. I'm like, Dad, can't I He's like sure, and so literally, you know, I was well at the time, I was going door to door probably the world's first and only garbage bag route. But I'd be like, you know, going to my neighbors, going Hi, my name is Mark, I'm your neighbor. Do you use garbage bags? And you know, once I learned I could sell and I became confident at it, then that that kind of just set the tone for me to be an entrepreneur, because you know, that's the foundation of being out front, you know, with your own show, right, if you're not selling, you're not on air for a whole for all that long. And so it was the same with me. I learned how to sell. You know, that gave me confidence to start my own companies. And from then on I was a lousy employee, but I always knew I was going to be an entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: How did it end up in tech for you?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Because broadcast dot Com and the legendary story of you selling that, how did that end up with you pursuing a career in tech or just creating something.
Speaker 1: So I moved to Dallas. I went to Indiana, had a couple of random jobs. I moved to Dallas, and I got a job at night working as a bartender slash bar back, and then you know, I was searching for a regular job. I was living six guys in the three bedroom apartment in a place in Dallas called the Village, which is the world's largest apartment complex, and so I had five roommates. Worked at night. But I wanted, you know, a career. And I was twenty four and got a job working for this company called Your Business Software. And they're like, what do you know about computers? I'm like, not much, but you know, I'm a learner and I'll read the manuals and I'll prove to you and if not, you fire me. And so they gave me a shot. I was doing really well until about nine months later when I got fired because I wanted to pick up a check that was going to give me a fifteen hundred dollars commission so I could move out of the hell hole that I lived in with five roommates. Called my boss and said, look, I want to go pick up this check. He's like, no, you're supposed to sweep the floor, wipe down the windows, and open up the store that I worked at, the sole software. So I made the executive decision. And this guy named Michael Hugh Mecky, who was my boss when I came back with the check, because I made the decision. If I showed up with a fifteen k check fifteen hundred it was for me, then you know he would be thrilled fired me on the spot. And so you know that was like, Okay, I'm allows the employee, but you know I'm good at tech. And I started this company called micro Solutions, and I had no money. I found one of my prospects. I went to them, a company called Architectural Lighting, and I said, look, I'm broke, but if you advanced me the five hundred dollars for the software that you need it cost me two hundred and fifty dollars, I'll make it work no matter what. And that was the start of my tech entrepreneurial journey where that company, micro Solutions, I went seven years without a vacation. But by the time I took that vacation, we had, you know, eighty employees thirty some million in sales, and I ended up selling it to H and R Block and then from there I was retired. I bought a lifetime pass on American Airlines. Party like our rockstar just went all over the world. But I would get together with one of my buddies from Indiana, Todd Wagner, And this is when the Internet was just starting to happen in the mid nineties, and it was like, look, Mark, you're you're the tech geek.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You know, my company, micro Solutions did networking and systems integration, and I learned to write software and all this other stuff. But he's like, you can figure out how we can listen to Indiana University basketball in Dallas, can't you? And I'm like, I can try. So we started this company called audio Neet, which turned into broadcast dot Com in ninety five, and it was the very first streaming company. It was crazy because, you know, it seems to make so much sense now, but it was so complicated back then, and we were able to make it work. And we were everything that YouTube was, Pandora, Spotify, you name it. You know, we podcasts, you know, we had we had you know, the Dan and Scott Show, which is probably the world's first podcast in ninety five. It was just all this stuff, and then we sold it to Yahoo for you know, well, first we went public in nineteen ninety eight and it was the largest IPO in the history of the stock market at the time. And then we sold it to Yahoo in two thousand and for five point seven billion in stock.
Speaker 2: So have four final questions for you, and I want to follow up on that. One is that when you sell that company, did you already have in your mind that you wanted to buy a sports franchise. Was it specifically the Mavericks, were you building closer to that, or was it now that I have a whole bunch of money, I'm going to buy that team.
Speaker 1: That was the second. Right, So I'm at the game the start of the ninety nine two thousand season with my girlfriend who's now my wife, and I'm looking around. It's the first game, right, We're undefeated, and I'm like, there should be energy in the building and there was none, and I'm like, I can do a better job than this, And so I talked to my sales rep who put me in charge and connection connected me with Ross Pro Junior, the owner at the time, and within four weeks we had a deal and it was just like, oh my god. I mean, it had never crossed my mind. It wasn't a dream, it wasn't a goal. But I was such a basketball junkie. I had season tickets for you know, seven years at that point to a team that stopped, you know, and I was just like, Wow, what a great opportunity. And you know, the rest is history. That was January of two thousand and I bought it and I was a majority owner until December of twenty three.
Speaker 2: I very much associate you and Shark Tank to me. I feel like you're what brought me to Shark Tank to watch all of the the you know when they show the ten episodes in a row, like I'm in for like four of them over on like random CNBC or where they're like it's one of the only binge worthy shows that I'll just sit and watch. When they approached you with the idea, what was the approach? How did that conversation start?
Speaker 1: It was just like, hey, come on audition for the show, and literally they had me auditioned. I haven't said this a lot, but like they called me up like last minute like when you're going to be in La. I'm like, I'm in La, now, can you come in tomorrow morning and do this audition for Shark Tank. And they had already sent me DVD, so you know, i'd watch some of the show and i'd seen it when it aired some too, and I'm like, Okay, I can come in in the morning. But as it turned out, I had gone out the night before with my buddies and I was just so hungover. But I had to audition and they were just pepper me with questions and scenarios and you know generic, you know, scenarios that might come up with entrepreneurs. And I just cranked right through it. And the next thing you know, I was a guest Shark. So this is the second season of Shark Tank. Jeff Foxworthy was on for three episodes as a guest, and then I was on for three episodes as a guest. And the show on ABC was like one time it would be on a Tuesday night, the next time it'd be on this Sunday night replacing Desperate Housewives, and they had a night off and I'm like, this show is not going to last, so just go on there. It's a Network show, there's going to be a lot of people watching. Should just have fun, and so I just went for it and just decided I was going to be aggressive in and have fun, and boom, it just started taking off and they invited me back for season three to be a full time shark.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is revisionous history. In my mind is that you invented and created that show because you were the most popular in your face was who I identified with on that show. It's crazy that you weren't even on season one.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, right, And you know on CNBC when they show all the replays, like whenever they show something from season one, people are like, wait, what how come you're not on there? I'm like, I wasn't on season one, and I was only on you know, three episodes of season two. But you know I didn't miss until just now they're filming right now for season seventeen. I'd never missed an episode.
Speaker 2: Final two questions in your house? What did you what's your favorite like personal picture? Like what's on the picture?
Speaker 1: My family pictures? Right, there's there's probably there's one. I played in the celebrity Baseball game and I hit a double for to drive in the winning runs and then you know, I came off the field and my son, who was probably he's fifteen now, so he's probably eight years old. Man came running out me, jumped into my arms and there's a picture of him in my arms, you know, you know, just coming out to celebrate with me, and that that definitely is my all time favorite.
Speaker 2: And my final question is with the song, which we played a little bit of it before you came on.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: And secondly with the pick. You know a lot of guys will transition into country music. Is this what we have your new career, Mark Cuban? You know, yeah, It's.
Speaker 1: Funny because when we did a little bit for Shark Tank where we played the song, I wasn't going to sing. I was just going to sit there and bob my head. But I've kept on playing the song to see if I can get in tune. So I actually sang on it as well, so, you know, as Kevin and I can get this one to work. One girl won that one bar, you know whatever, I'm I'm ready for number two because it was it was it was something completely different than anything I've ever done. You know, I'm so used to the right brain, business business, business, business that this is just completely different. And so I'm game. If Kevin don't have me wants to do more, I'm down for sure.
Speaker 2: But you have rhythm. Didn't you teach dance lessons back in college? Oh yeah, that was the move. That was the move.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me just tell you. Back then in Indiana, I got fay twenty five dollars an hour to teach gross sorority girls how to dance and it was the best job ever. I put everything to take that job.
Speaker 2: Uh, Mark, we really appreciate it. The pick, it's an excellent idea, I mean, Kevin Mack, I don't know why everybody didn't already have it. And that's it's a great invention. I mean it's I can't believe that pick wasn't already invented. So good luck, open makes tons of money. Take pic is the name of it. The final season a Shark Tank and cost plus Drugs, which I think is changing hopefully will change the world in a really really positive way. Mark, thank you for your time and we really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the interview. This is fun by that I really appreciate it. Thanks for having me back on again.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark, good to see you, Buddy.
Speaker 1: You too, Baddy. To take care.
Speaker 5: The Bobby Cast will be right back. This is the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 2: So I just talked to Mark Cuban billionaire, Mavericks owner Shark Tank star guy probably owns more hoodies and suits. But I want to do a segment that goes hand in hand with that conversation. So today we're going to dive into the biggest success stories from Shark Tank, which I have to admit, I don't think I've ever watched Shark Tank when it was being shown in the evening on network television, which I think was ABC. But I've watched it a ton when it was like binge, when it's on like CNBC or whatever weird channel it is when you're flips the channels. So I've probably seen a hundred episodes, but I'd always watch them like four or five at a time, much like those prison shows. So I'd be in, but then i'd be out for a long time. And so some of these I actually remember, and some of them I don't. I had to look up. But I want to talk about some of the pitches that worked, some of them that made real money, some of them that made a ton of money. Some of them I didn't even know where from Shark Tank, Like they became so big. I don't even think about them being from that show anymore. I don't even compare to like Carrie Underwood on American Idol, Like she got so big, you don't think about her being from Idol. You just think about her being Carrie Underwood and you're like, oh yeah, and she was from American Idol. So this is not like a boring business lesson. These are Shark Tank All Stars. The idea is that made the sharks richer and made some of them regret not jumping in. And I'll start with the number one. It was scrub Daddy. This is the goat of Shark Tank. Scrub Daddy was the smiling sponge that became a three hundred million dollar empire. It changes texture in hot or cold water, which is cool, but I think the real when I started looking into this because I don't have this, it's just a sponge with a face, and I think people just like to buy it. Laurie backed it and now it's one of the selling cleaning products in America. I don't have one of these. I knew what this was, but I only knew it because of the face on it. I didn't know it because of the reason, which was it changes textures when it gets wet or hot or cold. Do you do you have a scrun? Scrub Daddy, Mike, scrub.
Speaker 3: Daddy is the only scrub that I buy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They even make it like character ones, like they have leeluan and stitch ones.
Speaker 2: See, that's what I only know it from is the faces. Yeah, but they do position it as it does different things.
Speaker 3: They got scrub Mommy, they got the old family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one made a ton of money. Number two. I have Bomba socks and they're awesome. Bombas are the you buy one, they donate one sock, and you know you've made it when your socks have mission statements. And that was the whole point, like they're like, hey, a lot of people have socks, but we have a mission statement with ours, and so Damna John invested. They've sold over five hundred million dollars and socks, T shirts and underwear, even more than the scrub Daddy. But I think they haven't made as much because they donate a whole bunch as well. But that's number two on the list. Number three is the the Comfy. It's a blanket and a hoodie. Remember the what was one called we used to wear the snuggie? Yeah, yeah, this was the Comfy. These guys walked into Shark Tank looking like they've been asleep for three days, and Barbara was like, I'm in It's a four hundred million dollar company. And every time it gets called out or like when winter hits, I do see it sometimes trending on TikTok people wearing the comfy. It's very very close to the snuggie though, can we.
Speaker 3: Agree on that. Yeah, it's like a big oversized hoodie.
Speaker 2: Yes. At number four, Tipsy Elves ugly Christmas sweaters million dollar business. Tipsy Elves leaned into that, and Robert invested. They're doing one hundred and twenty five million bucks in sales, so they're probably not doing as much even while being super successful because they are so holiday driven, like pretty much only gonna buy ugly sweaters what from late October to the twenty third twentieth probably yeah, yeah, yeah, but they have been I'm wildly successful. The squatty Potty is from Shark Tank, and so the squatty Potty is a stool that you sit on the toilet and you put your feet on. That's really it. It just lifts your feet up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes it when it feels weird, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like using the same one that other people have used, Like, I feel like I need my own dedicated squatty potty if I'm gonna have one. We had one for a bit, but I felt weird letting everybody use my squatty potty. LORI backed it. They did two hundred million bucks in sales. I mean, it's just a but every invention is that it's just and everybody goes. I can't believe it wasn't dentetic, I know, but yeah, it helps you use the bathroom. There is the simply fit board at number six. It's a plastic balance board. Have you seen this at all? Because I didn't know it, had to look it up. Yeah, it's one hundred and sixty million dollars in sales. It's like a twisty disc and again it looks like something that like your aunt uses on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like piece of plastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really it. And she squeares by it until she moves on to something else, But yeah, that's that was that. That was the simply fit board. The sleep Styler comes in at number seven. Big in the beauty world. These are soft rollers that curl your hair while you sleep. They sold one hundred million in a year, which proves that people just want to put in less effort and you just want it to happen while you're sleeping. But yeah, they made a hundred million bucks. They just look like big old rollers. This number eight, I do see here Cousins main Lobster. I see the trucks here, seeing that two cousins, one truck. Lobster rolls for the people Barbara invested. Now they have food trucks and restaurants nationwide. There's one even near my house that I see all the time. I didn't know that's from Shark Tank until I did this research. Eighty million dollars in counting. I don't know if it's any good do you vegan here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good point. And I don't think I'm gonna stop at a truck to get seafood. But if they prioritize getting it there quick, I shouldn't judge the truck. There's a place near my house called Maize and they were a food truck before they turned into a restaurant. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Food trucks are great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't spent enough time with them to trust them fully. Like food trucks, I feel like, if I'm gonna get something quick, I'm gonna jump in a food truck grab something. But this Maze place was so successful as a food truck that it's now a restaurant. I don't even know what part of town it is. That's on Eighth Street here. They have a whole wall of corn. It's just all corn kernels. Dude, It's so good. And that's all because of their food truck and how successful it got. But yeah, that is from Shark Tank. That cousin's main lobster. Kodak cakes, Kodiac Cakes. This one wasn't picked up by anybody, but it became massive, the Kodiac cakes. They were pitched to the Sharks. Everybody passed. It's a high protein pancake mix. They now do over five hundred million dollars in sales. They got picked up in every grocery store in America.
Speaker 3: That's where I know Brom from the grocery store. I seen them on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't know. I thought they were called Kodak cakes, but no, so you do no cody eac cakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: I say in my target all the time, can you eat those? They might have dairy in it, probably eggs.
Speaker 2: You know now that I am allergic to dairy, I have to look for the V on stuff all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to the vegan world.
Speaker 2: Yeah it sucks. Yeah. I will go to a place if I'm on Uber eats and I just type in v and see what pops up. Do you do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it's stuff you don't think about, like eggs and milk. It's like, oh, it's in everything.
Speaker 2: Proteins, Yeah, protein, way, protein is milk. I had no idea it is dairy. Bubba Cue's Boneless Ribs NFL player turned barbecue boss Damna John backdam It's boneless ribs, pre cooked made for the microwave. They licensed it to Carls Junior and Hardy's. Oh that's where the money is right there. Now they're making over fifty million dollars. Man, that's awesome. So the ribs are all the way done, you just got to heat them up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: When you get the Carls Junior, the Hardy's the big chains to license it. The door Bought is at number eleven and door bot turned into Ring. Yeah, this is a big miss in Shark Tank. So Jamie Simonov pitched door Bought the smart doorbell camera. It got rejected on Shark Tank. It was later renamed to Ring. They sold that to Amazon for one point two billion dollars eide with a bat billion every shark passed. And I think Ring is the Kleenex is the Coke of products, meaning they have such dominance that their product is named for that whole area. Like any sort of camera that's on a doorbell, most people prefer to them as a ring doorbell camera. It's a ring, a bottle breacher. It's a bullet shaped bottle opener made by veterans. It's made over a twenty five million bucks in sales. Perfect gift for that uncle who talked about Ammo with Thanksgiving. That's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: This looks like, well not to take in your luggage to the airport.
Speaker 2: Does it look like a bullet hort? Just like a bullet Allumio. It's a lamp that folds like a book. Robert invested a blue up in design circles. It's one of the rare ones that are both functionable and also look cool on Instagram. These are cool. Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: It looks cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't know it until I started searching the biggest wins in Shark Tank allomio. Yeah, check that out. There's something called The Book's Company, but books is in like bouquets. It's an online flower delivery, very transparent pricing, sustainable farms. It was originally rejected, but Cuban did a deal after the show. Today it's doing one hundred million dollars in revenue and pretty much the flowers now live longer because you know the farm it's coming from. They're very transparent about when they're picked where. If you buy flowers, you really don't know that. I just got a couple more here. Thirty one Productions and Mark Cuban invested in this one. He invested in a live haunted hay ride company. That sounds kind of cool. Huh.
Speaker 3: I think I saw it. Yeah, I did see this episode. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They sold the company for millions, and so Mark Cuban made a bunch of money. I don't know. There's a massive success story yet because I think they sold to someone who's trying to build it out now. But that's what it is. It's a live, haunted hayride company. So there you go. And most of them are just so simple. Most of them are. It's like when someone writes a song. We do a lot of songwriters here, you're like, man, why did I think of that? Or that song? Seems so easy to write? But simplicity always is the key here. The one that I know the most is probably Ring, which didn't sell the scrub Daddy, which I knew, but Bombas is probably for me, the one that I know the most because I have a bunch of Bombas socks. They really are great socks, and yours scrub Daddy probably ye sure, yeah. Well, thanks to Mark Cuban for coming on. Thank you guys for being here. Next week or next episode we have Dolly parton another episode we're gonna do, we'll talk about celebrities that are being kicked out of places or blackballed from certain events, because I feel like that's happening to me. So that'll be up on a Bobbycast. If you don't mind, and you enjoyed this episode, please share it we would love that, share it with your friends, share it on your Instagram story. That helps us a ton. And also if you don't mind rating the episode going over leaving a comment, leaving us a rating, we appreciate that. And sometimes we just pick people and like reach out and be like, hey, can we give you some free stuff? So thank you and we will see you guys next week on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 4: Bye everybody, thanks for listening to a Bobby Cast production