Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: Ah, welcome back to it could happen here a podcast about things falling apart. And whenever you have things falling apart, you have the Daily Wire. I don't know, Garrison, what are we talking about today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Daily Wire has been our our trusted companions among the rise of the alt right and this kind of just impending sense of bad that has been, you know, increasing the past five, ten years, twenty years, thirty years, you know. So Mia in the last episode talked about some of the neoliberal conditions that kind of led to this dip in church attendance, and it's resulted in the Christian right kind of changing formations in a few interesting ways. And we're going to talk about that here, but now no more specifically about how the Daily Wire has been able to profit off of this shift. So as third spaces, including churches die off, online spaces have been gun to fill the gaps, from Facebook groups to content creators to conservative streaming services. The organizational hub of the far right has been picked up by opportunistic bloggers and aspiring movie moguls. Which brings us to twenty thirteen, a perfect year. Nothing went wrong, just a normal, normal time. So In twenty thirteen, we had failed screenwriter Ben Shapiro and failed movie producer Jeremy Boring. They started working together on a project called Truth Revolt. Now, I assume most of us are somewhat familiar with Ben Shapiro. He was an editor at Breitbart This He started as a young conservative blogger who gained prominence in the twentyds and the twenty teens. So I'm not gonna waste too much time going into the background of Ben because I'm I'm guessing we all basically know who Benhapiro is. But I'm also guessing that almost no one listening to this probably knows who Jeremy Boring is, hence the name, So I'm gonna be focusing a lot on Jeremy. I find Jeremy to be a kind of fascinating person. I almost weirdly enjoy watching his stuff just because I find it to be extremely fascinating. His demeanor, his way of going about creating a conservative media empire, I find to be really intriguing. I've watched Jeremy Boring stuff just as like a voyeurist observer for years now, and he's actually starting to become more of a prominent face among the right wing media ecosystem, or at least he's been putting his face out there for a while. Most of the time he's just been behind the scenes. So Jeremy Boring is just A is A is A is a good Christian boy from a small town in Texas. He got involved in kind of local town. Yeah. I I forget the exact town because I didn't I didn't write it down in the script, but I believe it's somewhere in West Texas if I remember correctly. It's it's it's It's been a while since I watched the two hour interview with Jeremy Boring where he discussed his upbringing.
Speaker 2: God, I wonder if it's Lufkin. I'm pulling it up. I'm pulling it up Slayton. Okay, Okay, Well still a dog shit Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, that's why I didn't mention it, because it's like, who.
Speaker 2: Can's in Lubbock County, Mike love it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was kind of involved in some local community theater productions as a kid, and like a lot of kids, he aspired to be an actor, so as a young adult he moved to La He very soon gave up acting I think he had one small bit role as like a crying soldier, but besides that, he just couldn't get any work, so instead he decided to become a struggling screenwriter. A classic classic move were moving from a failed actor. Yes, yes, yes, exactly. In the early two thousands, he got invited to a Hollywood Bible study group with a whole bunch of like young C list celebrities, and over time he evolved into a sort of pastoral role within the group. And then in two thousand and seven he was able to write and produce his first movie, Spiral, starring Zachary Levi, who now played Shazam in DC's movies and really nothing else because he seems to be a deeply unlikable person who has not really been hired in many other things. But Zachary Levi was also in this like a Christian Bible study group. They were both friends, him and Jeremy Boring. So they made this movie Spiral. It grossed just over three thousand dollars, So not the smash hit that you know you would you you would hopeful for your first movie.
Speaker 2: That is, uh yeah, that's not great.
Speaker 3: It's not it's it's not it's not perfect. Now. Jeremy Boring claims that his religious and political beliefs made it so that he wasn't able to progress very far in the Hollywood system. But he was invited to a secret meeting of conservatives in Hollywood called the Friends of ABE that Robert, you should you should look up the Friends of Abe logo because it's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I think people like like, uh, like John Voight and just you know those sort of.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it sounds like I think John Voight would be a member of Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm pretty sure John voightt was a member of this group.
Speaker 2: God, they're and they're treating it. They're treating it. There was like a Friends of something or other group that was like an underground group providing reproductive healthcare service back before abortion, back for Roe v. Wade, which is clearly what they're Oh god is the who made this logo? This is like bad clip art. Oh my god, it's quite good.
Speaker 3: So he was he was invited to this secret meeting, the Friends of ABE, and this is where he met another friend of the pod, Andrew Breitbart. So this is this is actually really a really important too, Yes, a very important weird subcultural community within Hollywood. So as Jeremy was trying to move into just movie producing, he was actually asked to take over this Friends of Abe group. So he became a very central role and he made a lot of connections, connections that will soon become important when we discuss The Daily Wire's own adventures in movie producing in the in the next episode or so. So he took over this group. Eventually he had this other smaller Bible study group, so he's kind of moving up in the world of conservative secret meetings in Hollywood. So because he met Andrew bite Bart at the Friends of Abe, Andrew bype Bart obviously knows Ben Shapiro because Shapiro used to be the editor at Breitbart News.
Speaker 2: Also, I feel the need to note the Friends of Abe was founded by Gary Sinise, who was in such beloved movies as well. I think the only beloved movie he was in was Forrest Gump where he played Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 3: Oh he did Bobe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Lieutenant Dan founded the group, which is actually like Lieutenant Dan would be in the Friends of Abe, so that kind of fits. He also had apparently a bit roll our some role in Apollo thirteen I forget who. So there you go, Gary Sinise. Great.
Speaker 3: So around this time is when Ben Shapiro and Jeremy Borning first met, just before like twenty ten. I think the two met via Andrew bite Bart, whom Ben was working for at the time at Breitbart News. Now. Jeremy and Ben hit it off, and they decided that they would want to work together to create media to quote unquote influence culture. That's a term that Boring uses quite a lot, is like influencing culture now. Boring was very impressed by Shapiro and sought to propel Shapiro's fame and wanted to create a platform and wanted to create a platform to increase Ben's ability to impact politics on a larger scale. He really thought he saw something in Ben that, if utilized, could make Ben into a pretty major celebrity. Boring was friendly with board members of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, an extremely racist, anti Muslim right wing think tank I believe based in law. Boring thought that Ben and David had a lot in common. They were both very like politically feisty Jewish conservatives in the LA scene, and Boring wanted to prepare Ben to sort of carry the torch of the Freedom Center using all of the resources that David Horowitz have built up over a long period of time. So for a year and a half, Boring met with board members behind the scenes to create some sort of buy in and cast Ben Shapiro as the future for the Freedom Center, planning seeds of what it will be to come. Eventually, David Horwitz chose Ben as the heir to the Freedom Center first by giving Shapiro and Boring an opportunity to test things out by starting a company under the Freedom Center called Truth Revolt. Truth Revolt is something that I didn't I think I saw it a little bit when I was like a younger teen, but it wasn't It wasn't super popular. Truth Revolt saw some initial success as like a conservative quote unquote news site aimed at exposing leftist media. Shapiro billed Truth Revolt as the quote unquote anti media matters Now. Shapiro admits that Truth of Volt ultimately wasn't very sustainable because the whole website was designed around trying to generate traffic by being linked by Drudge Report, and at the time.
Speaker 2: That's like literally literally like a third of right wing media in the early two thousands to mid auts like that was Alex Jones's whole strategy for a while too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole point was creating headlines that would be linked by this conservative news aggregator. And this isn't a very sustainable business model, at least that's what Ben now claims. And because truth Revolt was operating under the Freedom Center, it was run as a nonprofit and received very limited funding and little to no advertising budget. But even back then, there was a big focus on creating video content to fill out the site and grow its own YouTube page. I have a wonderful screenshot here of some old truth Revolt videos from like nine ten years ago. We have brass tax on immigration. Andrew Cleavan I think his name is Clevan. He's he's one of the main Daily Wire guys now, but he was involved way way back then. He has a video on Obama conspiracy theories, which I'm sure that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait to dig into that one.
Speaker 3: Ben Shapiro has a lot of videos about why Jews vote leftist. We have videos about Hillary Clinton. We have the left's magical thinking. This is another Andrew Clvan video called fifty Shades of Barack Obama. So again all like very very like twenty twelve type stuff here, like all all very like early early twenty teen.
Speaker 2: They were iterating, they were cooking.
Speaker 3: They were cooking, and like cooking, sometimes your first attempt doesn't really work out. Truth of Bolt started declining in around early twenty fifteen, but Jeremy Boring was working on a business plan with a more marketing driven approach. Instead of relying on like nonprofit annual donors, Boring wanted to use a more of a for profit model where they use ad revenue and the larger web traffic generated through marketing on social media, especially on Facebook, to pay for this entire media operation. Now, the old guard of this conservative think tank did not really like this plan. The Freedom Center actually fired Jeremy Boring when he produced this plan to revamp Truth Revolt, and soon after Ben Shapiro stepped down. This was in April of twenty fifteen. Jeremy and board Jeremy and Ben attempted to buy out the site, but that didn't pan out, and eventually Truth Revolt just withered away. Do you know what else slowly withers away over time?
Speaker 2: You without the products and services that support this podcast.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, we are back. Thank the maker for all of those wonderful products and services that let me spend about ten hours day watching Daily Wire videos so I could write like four thousand words.
Speaker 2: Truly, this was Sophie's grand dream when she began this.
Speaker 3: Just have a wall of computers constantly playing daily Wire plus exclusive content.
Speaker 2: That was the pitch we came to corporate with, what if we exposed a man to all of the Daily Wire one could possibly consume?
Speaker 3: Hell oh, by all right, So Jeremy Boring, failed movie producer, failed screenwriter, has been fired from Truth Revolt. Ben Shapiro, his colleague in arms, steps down in solidarity. We love to see workers unite. So Shapiro and Boring still liked their plan to use ad revenue in social media advertising to make a for profit media company. So in twenty fifteen they looked for other investors to fund a new website. And it just so happened that around this time, two Texas billionaires known as the Wilks Brothers. We're looking to use their fracking fortune to quote unquote influence culture. There's that term again. Through a mutual friend, Boring was able to secure millions of dollars in seed money from the Wilkes, who also later went on to fund prager You. With an influx of cash on hand, Ben and Jeremy started The Daily Wire initially just as a conservative news site, but with ambitions to become an entire conservative entertainment production and distribution house. Instead of relying on donors or links from news aggregators, their new approach was focused on creating and cultivating a long term audience. They first prioritized quote unquote investing in making Ben and other up and coming conservative figureheads more famous, in particular, using an intentional social media strategy to propel people from out of the conservative bubble into the popular zeitgeist. Specifically, Jerry Bor worked to increase the personal brand awareness on sites other than Twitter, where generally most of these writers spend most of their social media hours. The point was to not just do it on Twitter, instead do it on the other social media sites where actual, like regular people spend more of their time because it's mostly just other writers on Twitter versus the actual audience that the Daily Wire wanted to attract, or mostly spending their time on places like Facebook or Instagram. So fourteen months in the Daily Wire was already cash flow positive, and we see this approach of specifically trying to like create celebrity. It really paid off. If you look at how how like the cultural figure of Ben Shapiro specifically kind of emerged in the mid two thousands, Like he became such like a meme, such like a recognizable character through very simple marketing on like YouTube, on Facebook. It was. It was wildly successful. You cannot open up YouTube with out seeing a Ben Shapiro destroys college student on campus video, like every single every single time. Now, on top of making a news site, they also decided to move into podcasting, a very controversial medium. I'm gonna I'm gonna read one quote from Ben here. Quote. One area that we had no idea was going to be the center of revenue was the actual podcast. When I look back at that business plan, what we had allocated for the amount of revenue from the podcast was minimal compared to how successful the podcast became. And that cannot be understated. The Daily Wire makes a shitload of money on their podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all, we all were surprised by how lucrative prop podcasting wound up being like because it was it was around for like a decade or so before it was it, before people were really making any money off of it. It's it kind of snowballed very quickly once advertisers realized it was something they could get in on. But like it was, there was a long time where it was just sort of like a thing weird little guy like Joe Rogan did and most people didn't really think about them much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and their social media advertising plan also worked outrageously well, especially on Facebook. Routinely, over the past few years, stories published by The Daily Wire received more likes, shares, and comments on Facebook than any other news publisher by a wide margin. Shapiro has more followers in The Washington Post, their engagement outpaces the New York Times, The Washington Post, NBC, CNN, and Fox News on average by over ten times, and they often get more clicks on their articles than all of those outlets combined. They have like they figured out a really successful method to promoting their news content in a way that really no one else has been able to replicate. Utilizing provocative rage bait propagandized by a select few of online personalities, the Daily Wire has been able to expand the brand recognition of not just their own site but also the person brand of its own hosts. Ben and Jeremy brought over some of the people from Truth Revolt, but they were also scouting for new talent among the twenty sixteen Conservative spear to invest their newly acquired fracking resources into. Another quote from Ben is like surround yourself with people who are going to be successful unquote, particularly not like going after people who are currently popular, but trying to find up and coming content creators who they think they can turn into being much more successful than what they currently started as. Among the people they recruited was the relatively unknown extremist Christian writer and radio talk show host Matt Walsh, who we will get to in a sec the slightly more famous blogger Candice Owens, who was picked up a few years prior by the conservative student group Turning Point USA to be their quote director of Urban Engagement, which is an awful title what they mean by I wonder what they mean by urban engagement. And then in twenty twenty, after being a Daily Wire correspondent for a few years and helping to launch Ted Cruz's own podcast, the Daily Wire hired failed actor Michael Knowles, who's basically a discount Matt Walsh to host his own podcast, And finally, in twenty twenty two, the Daily Wire recruited Jordan Peterson, probably their biggest get to date after he quote unquote retired from the University of Toronto. The original funding pitch to the Wilkes Brothers, who are looking to influence culture, explicitly positioned the Daily Wire not just as a news site, but as a prospective alternative to the liberal Hollywood monopoly. There's a really interesting quote here from Jeremy Boring quote, I think there is a path for conservatives to create entertainment, but I think you have to go about it in a roundabout way. We need a marketing and distribution mechanism that allows us to actually put an audience on the target, because Hollywood will never cooperate. Even if you manage to make a great film, they'll never cooperate. They'll make it very difficult for you. With Ben and with what we've been doing at Truth Revolt, we can make something that's capable of marketing whatever we produced thereafter for this particular audience unquote. So there he's emphasizing that no matter the quality of the actual content you create. For this sort of conservative media ecosystem, you first need to actually build an audience that will be able to find it. That's like their first step is building up this audience, and then they can focus on actually making the content just because of how this distribution system works. That at least that was Jeremy's take on that. Do you know what else is really important for building up a sustainable audience? Products, that's right, trustworthy products and services that our audience knows are of of fantastic, fantastic quality. It's the it's the only way.
Speaker 2: We are also supported by the Wilkes Brothers, but but directly through selling hydraulic fracturing technology. So rack your backyard and join the frackvolution.
Speaker 3: We're fracking back here, all right. That was just a wonderful, a wonderful frack break. My back feels is so much, so much, so much more loose after that, I cracked like.
Speaker 2: The house across from me exploded when uh fracturing fluid released natural gas that was then ignited by an oven.
Speaker 3: Speaking of speaking of fracking, I think we're both actually, even though we're on different sides of the country, we're both in like a ridiculous cold freeze right now.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's it's pretty cold.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is twenty two degrees right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like sixteen or something here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're in Atlanta, so you are the last person alive in the entire city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, but no, I'm sure for Racking has done nothing to contribute to this anyway. So let's turn our dials now to twenty twenty one once again. Normal year. Nothing bad happened, just a fun time overall. In twenty twenty one, the Daily Wire relocated from liberal Hollywood, California, to Nashville, Tennessee, with hopes of creating their own conservative entertainment empire in the music city. After over half a decade of building up an audience, the Daily Wire started to shift towards creating in house entertainment media like movies and TV, as well as producing their own neatly packaged documentaries to serve as a cultural catalyst in a way that a daily podcast show like The Shapiro Show just can't write like we put out a daily podcast, and because it's a daily show, it can only have a certain level of impact for all the things we cover in a way that you know, a highly produced documentary can have like a little bit more like easily observable impact just because of how it's being packaged. So they saw this and decided they wanted to start putting a lot of resources into their own documentaries as well as their podcasts. But it wasn't just documentaries. In twenty twenty one, they also distributed their first movie, Run Hide Fight thirty eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes. It is a school shooter thriller movie that I have not watched. I've watched a lot of the Daily Wires a bitual content. I am not watching Run Hide Fight. I'm sorry, I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really want to watch Diehard with school shooters and a teenage girl. That seems a bit on the nose. No, I simply refused. Four other original Daily Wire movies have come out since then, which we'll get to some of those in the next episode. Now, before twenty twenty, the Daily Wire was making some exclusive content behind like a membership paywall for something that they called Daily Wire All Access, But across twenty twenty one and into twenty twenty two, they rebranded and pivoted hard into promoting their own subscription based streaming service, The Daily Wire Plus. Again, they are nothing if not original. This was during a wave of plus branded streaming services. We have Disney Plus, we have Paramount Plus. I'm sure there's probably many others that I'm just not gonna bother even looking up. But the Daily Wire Plus the hit new streaming service that I'm sure your great uncle has.
Speaker 3: Quote. The Daily Wire Plus is the streaming home of the Daily Wire, Peterson Movies, Prager You and Daily Wire Kids were one of America's fastest growing media companies and counter cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. We're building the future you want to see unquote. That's their that's their little their little tagline thrilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, the new line cinema of racism.
Speaker 3: Such groundbreaking original content includes My Dinner with Trump?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hadn't even heard of that one. Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not kidding. What is it?
Speaker 2: Is it actually on My Dinner with Andrea parody? Or is it just something completely disconnected that they stole a famous title for.
Speaker 3: If they just stole the famous title.
Speaker 2: For, damn it, it would be really funny if it was just a shot for shot remake of My Dinner with Andrea, but with with Andrea as Trump, Like I would, that's respectful.
Speaker 3: That's actually respectable.
Speaker 2: That would I would watch that movie tonight.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's it's just a filmed dinner with Trump and like various political advisors.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, oh that's so lame.
Speaker 3: We have I don't believe the Daily Wires releasing their streaming metrics just like Netflix, they're camping them.
Speaker 2: Secret similar companies, Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 3: We have other other hit hit documentaries like Kanye West's Favorite, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold by Candace Owens. Oh god, an extremely racist misinformation or sorry, disinformation documentary about about George Floyd.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 3: That Mandalorian actresses movie Terror on the Prairie. We have a whole bunch of a whole bunch of stuff from Jordan Peterson after he left uh the University of Toronto and got and got kicked off Twitter. That's the exact time that he was hired at Daily Wire. He's a whole bunch of stuff of just like roundtable discussions on like the Bible, and I believe he has that dragon mythology.
Speaker 2: Oh it's great now that that's that's a good show. I've watched all of that one that's Kobe and we we enjoyed ourselves quite a lot.
Speaker 3: We have We have a making a Murderer ripoff documentary by Candace Owens called Convicting a Murderer. Again, truly original stuff.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: But it's not just movies, TV shows and documentaries. It's also like, like we mentioned, their their they're hit podcasts quote. The Daily Wire Plus podcast network is America's sixth largest podcast publisher and produces several of the top ranked podcasts in America, including The Ben Shapiro Show, The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast, Candace with Candace Owens, The Matt Wall Show, The Michael Knowles Show, and The Morning Wire, some of which do quite well on the charts and are often sometimes sometimes beaten by Robert's Podcast. Anyway, so, a little over a year ago, the Daily Wire Plus passed one million subscribers. We don't have any updated numbers on that, so it's probably quite higher now, but at least as of around a year ago they had a million subscribers, and again as of back then, it was bringing in the company two thirds of its annual revenue. I think it was like three or so years ago they were making one hundred million dollars a year, so they were making bank across their podcasts and exclusive content. They have over three hundred employees and are still growing and are investing hundreds of millions of dollars into producing original entertainment content. In their efforts to influence politics through entertainment media, they strive to create cultural events around the release of their original documentaries. The biggest success they've had with this is what was in twenty twenty two with What Is a Woman? Which rocketed the Daily Wire Plus into the online spotlight and proved there was great success to be had with this star of aggressive anti trans advocacy. The film also put the previously niche figure of Matt Walsh on the map and established Walsh as an authority in queer exterminationist campaigning. I've known of Walsh for like the past decade. After he had a short lived radio career, he made a name in Christian circles as a provocative blogger, sort of like a young firebrand of the Christian right. In the early twenty teens, he had a brief stint at Glenn Beck's The Blaze before being recruited to The Daily Wire in twenty seventeen to do a daily podcast. The goal of documentaries such as What Is a Woman? Beyond growing the Daily Wire's subscriber count is also to encourage real world action while converting attention from the documentary into actual real world harassment campaigns and live events, which fuel even more content. It's like this, It's like this weird content circle that the Daily Wire does. They create content to make these real world events, which then can fuel more content. It's this perfect loop that generates them a lot of money. On October twenty first, twenty twenty two, the Daily Wire put on a quote rally to end child mutilation at the Tennessee State Capitol, which was streamable on Daily Wire Plus exactly. This is a perfect example of creating this event that then allows them to also create exclusive content for their own streaming service. The Daily Wire has been incahoots with the state government of Tennessee ever since they first moved their headquarters there. Back in twenty twenty one, the General Assembly and Governor drafted a resolution welcoming the Daily Wire to the state. Jeremy Boring regularly gets invited to dinners at the Governor's mansion. After the release of What Is a Woman, the governor of Tennessee announced an investigation into a transgender health clinic in Nashville, and Walsh has made appearances at official state press conferences, and Tennessee's legislator has led the charge on following the Daily Wire and Walsh's political program to target trans people, ban drag shows, and lobbying school boards to ban LGBTQ materials in schools. The Daily Wire was they were kind of wise to not get too caught up in the Trumpian mud from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty, instead instead focusing on broader culture war issues ranging from anti liberalism, antidiversity, parental rights, religious rights, and attacks on LGBTQ people. But that also means that they didn't peak during the Trump era in the way that a lot of other conservative content people kind of did. They chose not to capitalize on the Trumpian alt right moment, and they were way too smart to go full QAnon. Instead, they were kind of waiting on the sidelines, slowly growing an audience to eventually find the right moment to catalyze more widespread support and thrust themselves into the spotlight, which they have now done by crafting anti queer propaganda to pick up the baton from the dying to a non movement, while moving the needle away from from like explicitly ce brain shit to simple stuff like parental rights and the more socially acceptable groomer and save the children talking points. The once more exotic target of pedophilic elites has been shifted to simply any random queer person, which is a much more tangible point of iyre. And that's where're gonna leave us here today, kind of on the point that the Daily Wire waited and found the moment in like the first year or two of the Biden presidency to really push themselves to be the own spotlight instead of just relying in the shadow of Donald Trump in the way that someone like Tucker kind of has now done. He's not nearly as popular as he was in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, and the Daily Wire is now massively influential in a way that they were only kind of rising to prominence back during the Altright era. So in the next episode, we'll talk a little bit more about The Daily Wire's own anti queer advocacy and their push for original content, including a brand new child focused to streaming service, which I will talk about in the next episode. Anyway, Robert, do you have any do you have any thoughts on the Daily Wire?
Speaker 2: Well, I know that the child grooming service they're building a big part of what they're looking to do is try to copy the show Bluey, which is like the biggest thing in children's entertainment right now, and just casual knowledge of where that is, talking to parents and stuff about Bluey, Like, I feel like it might be a bridge too far for them, because they're they're they're they're trying to go after they're trying to capture like market from something that's legitimately really fucking good, as opposed to just put it like they're the they're kind of most commercially viable movies like the School Shooting movie are, from what I've read in reviews, like just kind of normal mid movies, Like they don't necessarily feel like a Daily Wire movie. There'll be a couple of points in there maybe, but they could more or less pass for something you'd see on Netflix or Amazon Prime or whatever, which is you know, if you're competing with mid grade action movies and the like that are a dime a dozen, you can actually do that fairly well. And it's even possible to like well. The economics of streaming are actually deeply obscure, but theoretically it's possible to do as well with that as Netflix does with it, right because people, But if you're trying to replace a children's show that, like kids consume voraciously and are deeply in love with and is really well made, I think that's actually a lot harder than they're guessing it's going to be. Like yeah, word, adults who want something to watch when they're drunk at night are a harder audience than little kids who are obsessed with a TV show that is the best in its market.
Speaker 3: It's certainly a gamble, and we will talk more about the details of this gamble in the next episode, as we will also eventually eventually talk about their brand new movie that came out last month, Ladyballers. All right, we're do I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I should call hr just because you mentioned the name of that movie.
Speaker 3: See you in the next episode.
Speaker 1: It could happen here as a production of Cool Zone Media For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts, you can find sources for It could happen here, updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.