Speaker 1: So as a lot of people predicted the Denver Nuggets beat down the Heat, they gave them a good old kurb stomp in Game one.
Speaker 2: You could say the little bit of it is.
Speaker 1: A hangover from the long series that the Heat had against Boston where they let that sweep slip away. You could say it was that insane difficult to breathe altitude in Mile High City. You could even say that the Heat were just got off of from three and that was the reason. Probably all three have a bit of truth to them, really, but the reality of the situation is, for at least tonight, Denver was just better. They were just much much better than Miami. Because, by the way, they're a better team, they have better players, they have a better star, they have a better second star. They are the superior team. What do we like about Miami other cockroaches.
Speaker 2: That's what we like about him.
Speaker 1: And you know what happens with a cockroach, Blow up the home that the cockroaches in and see what still lives the cockroach. That's the only narrative we have really to go off of. Score one oh four ninety three was never really that close. Caleb Martin was a tercious Duncan, Robinson, Max Juice all together shot an astounding two for twenty three.
Speaker 2: From the field.
Speaker 1: Yep, you heard that right. Three of Miami's snipers from three shot the ball twenty three times. They came away with checks notes six points total.
Speaker 2: That's bad. That's really bad.
Speaker 1: The Nuggets held Jimmy Butler to He was not himmy.
Speaker 2: He was more like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was more like forgimme, like because you forgot about him.
Speaker 2: He had thirteen points.
Speaker 1: The heat will not beat anyone if their four snipers shoot a combined eight for thirty seven. That is twenty one point six percent from the field, nineteen total points for a quartet that averaged sixty seven points per game in the Celtics series. The only player on the entire team with a positive plus minus is a shocking, shocking Kyle Lowry ota plus two, which, let me be honest with you didn't see that coming. But really it was really just all about the Denver Nuggets and what they did right. You know, their starters they scored ninety points compared to Miami sixty one. They played all a minimum of thirty six minutes. The only player on the starting five that didn't score in double figures was Kentavious called woll Pope. Jokic pretty much was able to do whatever he wanted, dimed everybody up like he was selling rock in Inglewood. In Snowfalls twenty seven, fourteen and ten. He could add forty twenty and twenty. Honestly, Jokic can score whenever he wants. Against bam Adebayo Murray twenty six along with ten assists, he was incredible. They looked like the team that everybody built them as. They nullified much of what Miami does really well while managing to be exactly what they were supposed to be, and their identity of the team was on offense. It was really fun to watch if you're a hardcore basketball fan. It was really fun to watch if you're a Denver Nugget fan, and if you're anyone else, probably was horrible. Actually, specifically if you're a Miami Heat fan. I'm sure Dan LeBatard and them boys are shaking in their boots. The thing though, about this win, the Nuggets just really didn't do anything extraordinary. They didn't need a fifty point game from Jamal Murray or Yokic. I'm sure Yokic, though, could have given them fifty at any point in time. In the fourth quarter, he decided, oh, I want to score now, and he just made everything. They played their starting five pretty much the entire game, and they said, listen, see if you can beat our starters, and they could not. Not in the first quarter, in the second quarter. Now, in the third quarter, the only time Miami got traction was when the starters for the Nuggets were not on the floor, when it was our man Christian Brown and Jeff Green getting minutes.
Speaker 2: So now the heat.
Speaker 1: Are They're facing a deficit for the first time in this playoffs. I think even they might have potentially expected this. We have no Jimmy Butler press conference footage, but I'm sure he's gonna say they remain confident and to be fair, if Miami comes out and they compete well in Game two, I think that's a big victory for them to split it in Denver, or even just compete in game two.
Speaker 2: Spolster is going to counter.
Speaker 1: We know that the question is can you attack the Denver Nuggets and make your offense The primary thing that they need to counter. Are the Nuggets gonna go with their starting five nearly the whole game once again. Are we gonna see Miami shoot some fucking threes? What is Michael Malone aka Mike Malone going.
Speaker 2: To cook up? What a fun start to the finals.
Speaker 1: It is almost midnight and I am still juiced, so ready for Game two, which comes Sunday. Let's move forward though somber news from Adam Silver in front of the NBA Finals Game one. So as you know, Adam Silver takes the podium before the Finals every year, takes the mic just before the NBA's most important event, and he gives a speech on.
Speaker 2: You guessed it, Jam Morant, and let's just be honest.
Speaker 1: When I watched it, I did not come away thinking, well, that's good news for jaw My guy came away thinking oh fuck. It had the tone of the conversation in Adam Silver's pause and cadence, and just the entire tenor of the vible call vibe check bad. Had all the gravity of a president in a sci fi movie standing up in front of the American people and saying, we got ourselves. Unfortunately, we have miscalculated and we have an alien invasion. That's what it felt like, Folks looked he looked so sad to be announcing this news. He looked even almost menacing, like he was about to hand down two years of suspension, like a Mormon father who catches his daughter sneaking into the house drunk at four am.
Speaker 2: That is short of it. Really, As I call him now.
Speaker 1: Darth Silver, he basically said that we were investigating Jaw as we do, and we found some shit, and we're not going to tell you what that shit is right now out of respect for our premier event, the NBA Finals, And honestly, he's already indefinitely suspended, so it's not gonna change much. I was like, holy shit, he said, he's already indefinitely suspended. Here if you don't want to believe me, I've got obviously receipts.
Speaker 3: In terms of the timing, We've uncovered a fair amount of additional information. I think since I was still asked about the situation, I would say, we probably could have brought it to a head now, but we made the decision, and I believe the Players Association agrees with us that it would be unfair to these players and these teams in the middle of the series to announce the results of that investigation and given that we course in the offseason. He has now been suspended by his by the Memphis Grizzlies, and definitely and so nothing would have changed anyway.
Speaker 1: Nothing would have changed anyway doesn't mean he's been emancipated, feel sleeve. If nothing would have changed, He's probably about to be suspended, folks. Adam Silver looks like he's presiding over a wake. He has all the demeanor of a doctor telling a young, seemingly healthy twenty seven year old that he has terminal cancer.
Speaker 2: It was rough, it was bad. Bad. Jaw is gonna get.
Speaker 1: Suspended, suspended like ooh, like Gilbert or Rena suspended.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, man. Maybe it's the entire season.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, because shit's got to hit the fan and the Tea Morant Jahn Morant household. We might be losing one of the biggest stars, a player who now everyone is wearing his shoes for a half a season minimum.
Speaker 2: Maybe the whole damn year. Wow.
Speaker 1: Bad for business.