Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody. How y'all doing all right? Right? Right?
Speaker 3: You got a day in the life. Yeah, this is this is workforce.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: We're super blessed everybody beverage and kicking it, eating good, talking with people, smoking a little bit, listening to Christina yell at usation.
Speaker 3: But man, final show of the day.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't be more excited because I fucked you from a distance, like I feel like we have the same type of fire, and then like Jelanie play with you and some of the homies play with you. So to hear your stories it made me love you even more so. I hope you're really here to talk to your ship today, is all I.
Speaker 2: Got to say. One of the real ones.
Speaker 3: Very here here to talk your ship today. Max, Not we can just stopped now, Matt.
Speaker 4: No, man, Matt, That's why I'm the last mother show. Yeah, mic a great show.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir Man, welcome to the show, Man, Vernon Maxwell.
Speaker 4: Appreciate your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: You know I was life.
Speaker 5: We talked a little bit off camera. You were in a little you know, you know, you like to bike. He was in a little accident, hurt yourself, but how was life. Maybe you're pulling up on sixty.
Speaker 4: Look yeah, yeah, yeah, damn give it up for that man to be real appreciated. Man, Yeah, my old last thing to be sixty. So I'm looking forward to it. But I'm not. But I'm blessed man. Like you said, I like to ride. Gotta get more off the street. I ain't on the street as much. I'm on the peloton now but thanks to my daughter Ariel for you know, buying me in my peloton, so keep me off the streets. So other than that, man, I'm you know, got my thing going on what I do. But other than that, I ain't doing ship man, just out here. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 6: And one thing I want to tell you to motherfuckers, why the hell it Tuck is.
Speaker 3: So fucking.
Speaker 2: As many times a ship?
Speaker 4: Damn I said they care.
Speaker 6: Everybody kept telling me, Hey, when y'all gonna get this moke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're gonna get max on. Yeah, okay, find it dead this ship, We're gonna take that.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's how.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they say perfect time, it sounds like it's too late that some people say, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I saw. I don't know how long ago.
Speaker 5: It was a couple of months ago, but it made me spit my drink out and send it to my group chat. When you went off on Vincent, ask you about the motherfucker owe you some money. First she was gonna give me past that sound of life.
Speaker 2: But then you change.
Speaker 3: What made you change your mind?
Speaker 4: Because I thought about it and I was like, Ship, I got to get this motherfucker money back.
Speaker 6: You gotta get it back. I need that ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, come on man, goddamn mother.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, I was like, nah, mother forgetting my motherfucker money. Got oh man loan, Oh yeah, call me on his knees. You know, you know, I was really, yes, we're gonna bless the motherfucker. And then motherfucker just highway robbed. Motherfucker then changed the number to shut down. I supposed to get my money transferred over into the bank. I was like, I was on goddamn fast, spreeed our fam he ain't go I got him. I said that the motherfucker went straight to boss man. I ain't no borse Mon just went straight. I said, oh, hell no, And I said, nah, you know, sometime on this motherfucker phone. I said, yes, I have to call him twice back to back. You know, the game on some moll fucker. So I went on, did that? I said, let me try to shoot again.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 4: Man, here's this motherfucker.
Speaker 6: This motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Ain't this the same?
Speaker 4: And I said, oh, my goodness. I looked at my peoples. I said, oh this monther fucker don got me.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: We got to go on.
Speaker 4: I got to get live in this ball.
Speaker 6: But I've got to get live in this motherfucker here.
Speaker 2: So I mean, man, I got to get live. I had to get live.
Speaker 3: I ask you, bro, come on, come on, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Man, where you act? My nigga, I'm looking at all the cameras.
Speaker 3: When you're gonna find them in one of them to get that in.
Speaker 2: Bro, he ain't got to do all that.
Speaker 4: I ain't got to give it ship. I take five now.
Speaker 3: On the discount you have to work with.
Speaker 1: To get ship.
Speaker 2: Oh God, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, bless god, bless you came up. You came up in the bad boy era. Kenny Smith once said, in the nineties you were the most feared player. Where did that mindset and entire where you come from?
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's I mean. Damn, I'm just still laughing. But I'm sorry, Matt. You know, I came from my upbringing the well, you know, I'm from shout out to Gainesville, Florida, sugar Hill, my hood.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm from Gainesville, Florida. From every Damn right, that's what I say. That's what That's what everybody said. You know, Max, I mean everybody, we love you, We invite you to all the hoods. And that's what I was. I'm just a hood nigga, you know my type of Yeah, you know what I mean. And and everywhere I go, everybody love old Max. So I feel like I touched a lot of people so and physically already.
Speaker 3: Used to put them balls on people.
Speaker 2: I used to touching people with them balls.
Speaker 3: I'd heard a couple of stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I put these things on you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the respect didn't come off just no, no, no, can't real work, really yeah, real work some time to really hit him off up side of ship.
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, Jack, tell everyone how Maximus had to whoop your ass one time.
Speaker 2: I remember, so so this this jo I don't even know though, so he basically they basically raised me.
Speaker 3: We raised this young ass.
Speaker 7: So coming up, coming up, So I'm getting the league. You know, I'm feeling myself a little bit. But I'm in the league now, as you should. So I went to I went to the Hawks, and uh, you went with the Mavericks. She was, Uh no, I was in Houston. It was yeah, it was Houston, and I got my family and that everybody.
Speaker 2: I was at the crib right extra banking. So oh man, So I probably hit a shout into himself. I said something.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm bust He turned around out and what you said to him? I said, I bust your ass like that can't funk me and something like that. Right, And I'm knowing he know me, but I'm not thinking what's reply feel to be? Because he was always love or raising me. He turned around and say, young kick you kill you out here. I'm like, that's the first time and the last time I backed down somebody then. But it was it was humbling because not only did he raise me, but he never came to me like that, and I never came to him like that.
Speaker 2: But that was our first account in the league. You know what I'm saying, I would kill your ass.
Speaker 4: We loved him.
Speaker 2: We raised him.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: He used to come in fun direct some and he's the only young boy we really still ow that. He played with Moses Malone, God bless him. He played with a bunch of killers. Man with us over there and Clyde Drexler's and ship, other guys you know, Lodger Ones and you know Robert who is it played against some guys, some killers over there, man so and some guys that's off the street. Can come tell you could have played in the league too, just so all over the world. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, but it.
Speaker 2: Was they raised me or they didn't brace you, bro, they didn't judge me.
Speaker 4: That's my guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love me, I love you.
Speaker 3: I love y'all for that love it ship talking? Where'd that come from?
Speaker 2: Going with it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean my mom is telling me all the time, boy, stop talking, So damn you you can't tell me so much then I tell you to shut up. So yeah, I mean I've been I've been doing that ship all my life. And then when I compete, I don't know nothing, you know, I'll be spitting and talking and got damn fussing and cussing, and everybody just to say, man, God, damn did this motherfucker ever shut up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: And how bad he get up? You didn't drop by two three in a row?
Speaker 4: And oh lord, it's gonna get bad, you know. I see the young boys do all this and all this and all that. See back in the day, we used to do a little shake and you know, ice of shimming and all I used to do at other ship, kick my leg up and do up Michael Jackson dance or some ship. You know, I can't do it right now.
Speaker 6: I want to stand up and show you more, myris hurt. I wouldn't got to show.
Speaker 2: It to you.
Speaker 4: I can't do it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming up in Florida, how many sports did you play? Ship?
Speaker 4: I played?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Coming up, I played football, basketball, at baseball.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 4: When I really got serious, I stopped playing baseball, like after after elementary. Then I was when I was football seriously quarterback. Yeah, I was out standing quarterback. Run oh yeah, both yeah, yeah, yeah. I was triple threat. You know we used to run the option back there. J. J. Watson, J J. Watson, you know you know, so yeah I was. I was a dual threat, and I got recruited everywhere about for football. I won state championship. Well, no, I'm sorry, we got to the state championship. We got our ass beat by.
Speaker 6: I think at least motherfuckers had been grown. I will never ever forget that ass whipping man.
Speaker 4: From wald Over. Where the fuck they was from Florida. I never heard of smithersfucking place. This motherucker boys had to be some grown ass man. Man when we out there, we're seventeen, sixteen years old, I tell his motherfucker motherfuckers. Man, oh man, I never never got hit the heart in my life. When I stopped playing that ship your life was, it stopped it. But man, this motherfuck is bad. But I know this motherfucker's grown. But uh but I played football too, but end up.
Speaker 2: You know in Florida. Yeah, any pros you came against, you come across at school playing.
Speaker 4: Football, football, Ship, Dion and all them boys, man, Michael, yeah, all those guys, yeah, one side, Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, all us from that same era and so yeah, you know, yeah, how was the racism in Gainesville back then?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Ship motherfucker done ran me around the corner a bunch of times. Motherfucker from elementary school, that's all. And I swear and I mean, it's like, man, I thought about this ship the other day. I was walking my two pits the other day. Man, I'm bladed. She said this ship. I'm for real, man, gonna glad you bumped this up. So I was walking my fist the other day.
Speaker 1: I was like, Man, God.
Speaker 4: Damn, I'm thinking about the ship with the motherfuckers chased me all the time.
Speaker 6: You know, from elementary school. It's like three times a week. Motherfuckers ain't have a cab on the back of the truck.
Speaker 4: Need two white boys and getting the truck and chase me and my homies, you know, back to the hood man, and this ship trauma. I mean, man, I was, man, this was every goddamn day coming back from school.
Speaker 6: We had to figure out how to fuck we're gonna get.
Speaker 4: Back, man, this is this is the sit. I'm old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was still chasing us there, Yeah, but it was a ship. Man. It was bad.
Speaker 4: I mean when I came up, but then when I got to a certain age and then I you know, I didn't and I was you know, sports kind of like alleviate a lot of that, you know, when you become that guy in your city, in that small city of Gainesville, Florida. I was becoming that guy sports wise, so I was recognizable. So everybody was like, you know, lead that motherfucker right, you don't go somewhere lead that month fuck alone.
Speaker 5: So and uh but other than you know, that's so question, I started fighting because of that. So I came from San Jose, which is south of here, and I went up to Sacramento, was a majority white cowtown, so nigga.
Speaker 2: Was thrown all around.
Speaker 5: So I was a nine years old third grade crying, I don't know why these kids won't let me play. My dad's have to call you nigga fight them. So in third grade is when I really started fighting because of racism. But like you said, I was the kids would let me play. But once they let me play, I was good at football, baseball, basketball, I did track too, so I did all the sports. Like you said, you kind of get acceptance because you can play. But in the same time, my high schools got burned down by the KKK my senior year. They did with my sister, so you know what I mean. So you're always going to be what you are no matter what you could do.
Speaker 4: Don't forget that.
Speaker 3: So where did your for when did you have to start fighting?
Speaker 2: What was that? Or red? Did you? Did you ever fight back?
Speaker 4: Or I was fighting my whole damn life, man, I mean ship, I was fighting in elementary school. I mean I had a little fucking gang.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 3: Gang, I thought in elementary school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sugar Hill Gang, my homes.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who we are.
Speaker 7: You know, they shout out.
Speaker 4: They want to take back.
Speaker 2: They can't take back what we did, Like they take back where we were going.
Speaker 4: A little store up street, the little seven or eleven go off. They're still in the hard candy and ship and all that ship, going to school and selling it, just trying.
Speaker 2: To trying to come up as money.
Speaker 4: Boy, we could buy that little you know, that grocery smoke of that damn I don't know what that ship was back.
Speaker 2: Then, but that was yeah, that dirt, that dirt, Yeah, yeah, we yeah.
Speaker 7: You graduated in eighty eight, number two all time leading scorer in SEC history twenty five hundred points. You had a little situation in NCAA because you wanted to get paid and make some money with the way they're doing now, but you just had to do it illegally. Then they race your numbers your junior senior year. What kind of bullshit is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: See, now that's another form of racism right here we're talking.
Speaker 3: By the way, is my song right here like that?
Speaker 5: Hey, So before we got on camera, we obviously fellowship that had enough smoke the custom and drink a little bit.
Speaker 2: So these boys right now, that's racist. I felt that, but I tell you no, it was.
Speaker 4: It was because of simmer Fact. Okay, now, damn man, I gotta tell the story because I want this ship to.
Speaker 3: Be known, man, just because to tell them to school.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's the University of Florida Gators.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: When I first get there, you know, everything's cool, you know, and you know we had this ship.
Speaker 4: You know it was drug testing and ship. So I ain't know nothing about the motherfucker's drug testing all this ship like that. So I'm cool. I'm just you know, I'm blowing and I'm blowing, I'm slarting, I'm smoking, you know, I'm I'm doing it all and I'm drinking. You know, shit, if I'm blowing, I know I gotta be doing that. I know I'm gonna be drinking. So I got to get the drain going. So and so I'm doing all that. And then so they you know, they say, three times you get busted and you fail a drug test, they kick you out to school. So first time, okay, they slap you on your wrist. Second time they be like telling you, okay, you might need to go to a facility, you know, in house, or you can stay out and go back. So this is what this mid eighties, Yes, yeah, just eighty yeah, eighty four, eighty four when I was doing this, yeah, eighty four.
Speaker 6: So and so I'm doing all this and then I'm so I get busted on the first test.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh shit. So they came to me, they said, all right, we ain't gonna we just letting you know. You fell a drug test, all right, so watch yourself. So house, all right? Cool?
Speaker 6: So shit, next day week came, Shit, I failed to damn next one.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, goddamn, you just tested. Yes, I'm just like, goddamn, we gonna get thirty days.
Speaker 4: How's my name?
Speaker 3: Come on, man?
Speaker 4: Thank you man?
Speaker 6: How my name stay in the motherfucking hat?
Speaker 4: And I'm finding out these motherfuckers got my name and the hat like ten motherfucking times, everybody else naming else something motherfuckers might name have the name and the motherfucker hat, cause you know, we ain't got but fifteen players on the motherfucker. So I got to have fifteen names in there.
Speaker 6: Ship burning in that motherfucker ten times. So goddamn, I'm getting picked every fucking week.
Speaker 4: I ain't goddamn. So you know, I didn't fucking like they're supposed to kick me out of the tapstick. They're supposed to kick me out after the first fucking semester. So but nah, they was like now and then, so I had it. That's what I was telling, like the alumni, because I'm from Gainesville, Florida, and I stayed home and went to school. That's where the University of Florida's at in Gainesville. So I was telling the damn head leading rumniers. I was telling the real this motherfucker's the fucking with me, because you know, they got my name and his damn hat like too many fucking times. And so and then we did a little investigation and it was like that, al So we figured it out. Yeah, it was like that, Well, see they don't talk and tell the truth.
Speaker 6: So the motherfucker was like that, So okay, so they started.
Speaker 3: Me all back over, so so you got to research your clock, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: All the way back to the Big Yell, all the way back to Big Hille. But shit, they adn't want to get rid of me, no way, because you was killing Yeah I was, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: I was. I came in.
Speaker 4: They wasn't doing nothing when I went there at that school, they wasn't making the playoffs and they wasn't doing shit. They wasn't making the NCAA tournament or nothing like that. I mean, they wasn't even winning twenty games. Yeah, when I came to that motherfucker, so they was going like fifteen fifteen and shit them niggas.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, I ain't gonna talk about nobody.
Speaker 2: So they ain't never tried to make it right, Like, what's your relationship now with them?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Well, God bless him, he's dead. But but that's what happened on draft day, all right. I done did all this my junior what my junior year? I should have left. That's when the NBA was calling for him. They said, come on, Max, you ready, You're good, You're gonna go. You know, lottery, you know, I say, god damn much. But now my mom. She telling me, nah, baby, I want you to stay and do this. So I'm like, God, damn. So I'm like, okay, damn, well, I really should have. I ain't want to be around that motherfucker no more, because I knew it was gonna be some shit with him. And God bless him. Man, I ain't I ain't really want to talk about him, but I knew it was gonna be some shit with him because he always started.
Speaker 6: He started like like fucking with me in practice and shit, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and and egging me on and shit like had making and then and and we stayed and ship and then one day when I was a senior, well when I was when I when I was a junior, go back to that. When I was a junior, he had he told it was like it was cool as hell before the time that they told me that, Okay, now you done waited too late. You can't say you're gonna go to the league. Now you got to stay in common. Man. When that time hit after I was a junior, I knew I had to go back as a singer. Man. That motherfucker was the devil. Man. I got treated like, man, oh my goodness, man, I never I never would have thought it. And yes, off for four straight years, and oh man, the way he bought my mom in there and did my mom.
Speaker 2: Man, it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was awful, man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean. I made it through that. But then week before the drift, two weeks before the drift, we down at the combine down in Orlando. I wake up. You know, we wasn't he We ain't have no goddamn phone. Back then, the phones wasn't really like that. You know, we go out and read, open up the door of your hotel room and you get the USA Today, and we read the USA Today.
Speaker 6: And then that's when I saw my damn pitching in the USA.
Speaker 4: To day bern Maxwell failed drug test at the University of Florida, I'm like, goddamn, I was gonna be a lottery pick.
Speaker 6: I went from damn top ten and the damn Fodier fifty picks.
Speaker 4: Goddamn that fucked me. I lost so much it was bad. So yeah, that's why I said that was some racism ship. And then they take my records away from me.
Speaker 3: So there you go, y'all gonna make that right, Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, come on, and we got people being dealing with y'all with that, So yeah, y'all make that right, y'all call in.
Speaker 7: You can't you can't just raise twenty five hundreds. Come on, man, too much, that's too much.
Speaker 3: I was already on.
Speaker 5: That's right, my god, rookie year, worst year in Spurs history, only twenty one wins.
Speaker 2: So how was I mean? You you won?
Speaker 3: So how was it coming into the NBA your first year?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: It was crazy?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I was swaying with Alvon Robinson?
Speaker 3: Man and what was he like?
Speaker 4: What a killer crazy motherfucker, motherfucking dog My good, yes, man, don't yeah, alamodes.
Speaker 2: Because arena so yeah, they got to have the curtains. Oh so I don't look even if the arena soul out, it looked like nobody in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I hated that, but yeah, man, Alvan Robinson was the killer man. And he's the first guy seen ever get a quadruple double ten rebounds, ten points, ten assists, ten steals. I ain't never seen that, and I seen it in the NBA and he was doing that on the regular. So him, but it wasn't me because we went twenty one and sixty one.
Speaker 3: I mean ship. Jack Robinson was on the team. Robinson on that team.
Speaker 4: Yes, his asses on that team.
Speaker 2: He was on that team.
Speaker 4: Ship, Willie Anderson was on that team, all that, all the asses on that team.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 6: We went twenty one and sixty one. But Ship I started thirteen point six.
Speaker 4: You know, that year we're losing as telling, but hey, man, fuck it, I felt like I had a good guy.
Speaker 2: Damn yeah, because and.
Speaker 4: We went twenty one and sixty one Ship but no man. Then the next year that's when everything went downhill over there. That's how I got to Houston. Yeah, you know so, but y'all probably was gonna ask me.
Speaker 5: That getting a chance to play with David Robinson and keem Elijah one comparing contrast and then what kind of fun with the playing with both them.
Speaker 4: David quiet guy, you know, just come to do his business, work hard, you know, don't talk a lot, go home. Great teammate, great, you know, I mean, just I mean, great individual man, just god fearing man, you know, good family man. You know. Just that's David. Yeah, large one. First couple of years when I was there in Houston, you know, he's you know, and when he before he became Muslim. You know, he was kind of you know, it was different. But then once he became the way, he went Muslim and he got his life in order, you know, with with with the ally. And that's when I knew we were going within US championship because really he got just that much better man, man, just that much better. He stopped doing everything he used to do so and but he got just that much better man. He was a killer man. I mean I never ever seen nothing like this, a big man. He went on a tear for about about four five years, I think, just went on a straight tear.
Speaker 6: Nobody couldn't stop it. I'm sure everybody's seen it.
Speaker 4: Looking at me like shit, like huh like yeah, huh, y'all shit, y'all saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah shit.
Speaker 4: So I mean, yeah, he went on a straight tear. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ninety four the chem Olaja one was the VP season. He killed twenty seven eleven four four in a block and a half. But you also got uh in some trouble that year. Did you get some trouble ninety four?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You have to sit down for a minute. Oh yeah, what happened?
Speaker 4: That's when I see there some of my shit.
Speaker 6: I slapped the shit out of a small fucker and white boy over there in Portland.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 4: Uh yes, during the game the stands.
Speaker 3: So what I've seen it, but heard that guy.
Speaker 6: You know, I shouldn't have ever been playing. But see when I you know, I'm so real.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I couldn't sit and mourn, you know, out and just mourn.
Speaker 2: And I had to be doing.
Speaker 4: Something more than what what happened, like my daughter's still born death. So yeah, so I couldn't. I couldn't sit and just you know, I buried my daughter and uh so I couldn't. I couldn't sit there and do that. So I said, damn, I'm gonna get back on the floor and I'm gonna play, you know, because now just two and a half hours, well, I don't even think about that, you know what I mean. And that's where that's where my head was so and that's and that's what I was trying to do. And ship and I get to Portland where these racist motherfuckers at, and I mean just literally just started, you know, and everybody knew, you know, my daughter, and I mean night he had even put it on my shoes, and man, man, fuck that Amber, fuck her.
Speaker 2: Oh you had to do.
Speaker 4: My daughter name, that was my daughter. And I'm telling you, and this is the crazy thing about the whole situation. I'm telling the security guard right here, black man, I'm telling him, I'm just like, man, ain't a lot of your niggas in here, so you know in Portland, ain't a lot of y'all being in the game. Can't even afford to coming this mork. So i'body shit, I'm telling you many man, you gotta go get that handle a man, gow handling. Tell it, man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Handle it right?
Speaker 4: And I'm telling Kenny Smith, Kenny Smith sitting right here with me, Tim Brow, my boy, sitting right here with me, right here, they sitting me, and I'm I'm down there towards the end, and so Rudy T here this shit. Rudy t came down and told me, hey, man, get your ash in the game, get your fucking ahead in the game. Fuck him. I said, Man, do you hear what the fuck he's saying?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I said, who the tea? Fuck you too, And I went on walked in the game. But still while I went in the game, I was looking up here at this smallfucker because he steadily egging at me. He's steady fucking with me, so I'm looking at him. I ain't in the game, so shit about a minute with the teeth, b I ain't your ass out here, man, go sit your ass down there and get there, and somebody put somebody else in. And that's when I was like, Okay, that's what I wanted. The ship was premeditated. This what I wanted, and sown ass. I sat down and I wish I could get up. So I like to do my I like to act that ship, but I can't do it there because I got the well.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: But that's when I jumped up out my seat and the skirty guard was right behind me and I hit his eyes. I hit him on the fall and I knocked him probably over there where you asked, sweet I knocked whale wall.
Speaker 3: And nobody was stopping you.
Speaker 4: Nobody, no, no, sir, everybody got the it's like the Red Sea part of it's like everybody. I just and I and all I can see is him. I was walking and I just walked. I ain't run, I didn't try. I walked about eight rolls up and then I just looked at him and I knocked Ship out of him and then walked back down and walked back down and then sat down, and it was like police came and got me, saying come on. I was like, Ship, I'm used to this.
Speaker 2: I'm used to this.
Speaker 4: But my whole thing is like Ship, you know, have you ever told that?
Speaker 3: Have you ever told that full story? Have you told that full story?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I told That's what God bless him. That's what I told David Stern.
Speaker 5: But he seemed like he didn't want to understand when I was what I'm saying that the fans, the media, but they try to paint you as you're just going in the stands and trying.
Speaker 4: To see you know, back then, it wasn't all them cameras and back then like now, see how somebody would have got that.
Speaker 6: But you know, I mean, it wasn't nothing.
Speaker 4: It wasn't nobody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: See what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But as you know, he was saying, and there's been an issue in the League of late and obviously it happened back then. Were fans just think they can say, yeah, man, you're gonna go, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Go up there and hear them mother they get out of the leave that leave.
Speaker 4: That careful you're talking to Yeah, that's right, watching damnselfs.
Speaker 2: Y'all see how I was raised by the best. All right, y'all took care of pulling round one though three one? How was that series was a dream? Just like that?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well dreaming? Well yeah, then you know what I mean, love you Clyde. You know Clyde hell of a guy, but I know he was just gonna put the head down and go right. Yeah, every so y'all gonna lock that up. Yeah, but yeah, it was easy series, easy series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all. Y'all were successful against them the sea.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, they couldn't beat us. Yeah yeah with a big apron, not with duckworth. Yeah yeah, no disrespect, yes, yeah that's right.
Speaker 7: Y'all got photash, y'all got second round. Y'all got fots that defend the Western confage. You dropped the first two games at home and normally when you lose to a home and the men, the series is basically yeah, you know what I'm saying, But y'all find a way game three on the road, and you dropped thirty four.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about this series?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, sir, yeah, crush two games. We were up like eighteen in both games. Man, we're up eighteen in both games. Charles Bockley, Kevin Johnson, Johnson and Marley and all the boy they came back and they beat us both games. And so before we even get on the plane to go after Phoenix, they had all already in the paper choke City. They were calling us.
Speaker 6: I think we were number one. Yeah, we was number one, but they called us choke city.
Speaker 4: So because we have home but yeah, we had home court all the way through, that's right, that's what they So they called us choke City before we even got on the plane. I was in the paper the next day because we're down oh too, lost to eighteen point leads. So and I was like, we was going out there. A lot of guys on the plane like shit, man, I shoot this ship about you know, I'm going on sleep this ship about over. You know that ship it ain't never been really done. My fuckers come down, oh too, you know, And you don't lost home court advantage, you don't lost both games at home? Come on, man, I was, you know, but my crazy ass, you know, I don't I'm go down shooting. Yeah, that's what I was like, fuck it and Dream right like, he ain't give a fuck either. He thought it was old with too so Ship. I just went out there the first half.
Speaker 6: I tried shit, I had two points in the first half.
Speaker 4: Ship. In the second half, that's when I went out there and got thirty two.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's when I went and tuck over the game and won the game for us when we were down to one. Then Ship, after the game, I told Dream, Okay, we're back in it. Now, come on, come on, gonna do what you do. Dream and Dream talk over the ship and then ended up beating them three four. I mean I'm in four three and so yeah, that's how we won that round two.
Speaker 7: I mean, after round two, y'all get to the finals against Utah Westcarbage finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all wining five. Yeah.
Speaker 7: What's your feelings towards you, car, I mean you're feeling towards Utah has been documented.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't like Utah. I don't like Utah. You got so much That's why I.
Speaker 6: Say, you gonna keep saying it because once again Red Nick motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah up there.
Speaker 4: I mean that's all they did was called me nigga, and talk about my mama they don't even know, talk about my grandma, talk about my wife, talking about my kids, call them nigga this, nigga that, and and then they thank you. I'm supposed to say nothing, and it's just it's bad in Utah. It's just it's awful. That's why they number one on my hit list. When I got something to say about the mother, I got something to say.
Speaker 6: A boy, the I'm gonna kill y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna continue because that's what I said when I got a platform, I can kill you motherfuckers. I'm gonna kill y'all.
Speaker 3: We said the same thing about him too.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's not like bullshit. You saw first, Yes, a guy life stile. That was funny me in the jail suit and the NBA that sais nothing.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He was right, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: That's thefore you had nice teeth too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Was mos.
Speaker 2: What was stocked him alone?
Speaker 4: Like oh man man man uh stopped and dirty as one of the dirtiest players in the NBA ever history. His little short little mail box looking like carry ass and he's dirty as hell. He's a dog. He's a demon, demon for real. He was a fucking just don't look like that, but he was nastiest. Yeah he's dirty dog me too, I love yeah, yeah yeah him And and then don't believe that motherfucker do this here too, dirty mother too.
Speaker 2: Mother.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, get that ship out and knock that sent y'all see, okay, my mother Honty got out. And there you got this big old motherfucker, wild ass country white mother.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: And then you got country boy ass fucker driving eighteen wheeler up the rig on the eighteen wheeler down in the goddamn stadium. Who's doing this? I mean what you got this? I got that. This motherfuck got an eighteen the rig, the whole the on the front end of the truck, right down to the game. That's what he drives to the game us this ship. But I love.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 6: I love I love Carmelone. Don't get a confused I do.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 4: We had the same I love Carmeloan, but that motherfucker was different. Now, you goddamn rigg eighteen was rigged.
Speaker 7: Y you be for YouTube. I want to read you a tweet that you said. I hope everyone had good MLK there yesterday. I wondered, I wondered to stay the Utah celebrated.
Speaker 2: They even know who he is?
Speaker 3: That was recent?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes they don't.
Speaker 2: They they don't they know? Oh my goodness, bro.
Speaker 4: Y'all it could be all the fun that.
Speaker 2: Max, That is what we needed. Max.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to ask you about the Seattle locker room and all get there were on the way we.
Speaker 2: Are, the way we actually were there.
Speaker 7: Jolney was there with you talk about Seattle and Paul Westball, your teammate Jo Line is here the spear chuckers.
Speaker 2: Do you know what spirit chupers? Yeah? I remember speaking again? Who speech?
Speaker 1: Remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Tell remember in the Jungles, Yeah said that Paul Westball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's trying to motivate him like a fo for.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: And here the only one that reacts like he was biting these mails.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, JV.
Speaker 2: That's all JV do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Ben was just like looking just.
Speaker 4: And I was like, uh, what did he just say?
Speaker 2: That motherfucker?
Speaker 3: She was like.
Speaker 2: Hold on, this motherfucker just called her spirit.
Speaker 1: That's he remember.
Speaker 2: He was like, don't worry, Aboudy, I'm having out here in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks later, he was gone, Yeah, he was gone. He was on bullshit. You can't try.
Speaker 7: You can't try to motivate a room for the black athe in the jungles.
Speaker 4: And ship spears and hunting and ship and motherfucker had me all up the way. I was like, it's crazy, man, checks.
Speaker 2: He he was different. How did you take that?
Speaker 4: I just I didn't like what he said. That's why I was looking at my people like, just, I mean, I really want this small fucker man go ahead with all that Westmall. We ain't gonna do that now, should I said, like that going with that, we ain't gonna do all that now. Ship, we get your ass jumped on if we'll get his ass jumped off ship.
Speaker 7: Hey, we we all, we all made mistakes. But I heard you made a mistake and accidentally hit Hardest Grint over the head with a dumb bell, trying to trying to both saying.
Speaker 2: Shoulder so that ain't so give us the true story.
Speaker 4: I was trying to hit get GP, Yeah, get GP upside this month for the head with a dumb hell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it hit hards my boy, that's my boy and put him out two weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was my fault, not to show that. That was my fis.
Speaker 2: Rotated cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's my boy. Yeah, don't have them young niggas come after me.
Speaker 3: So he was trying to get the GP. Happened g P?
Speaker 2: Did you know some you know GP really the same nigga?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, j did. He jumped on my my young boy. I hit my young boy for no reason and bust my man stuff my mom.
Speaker 2: Who's the young boy Shaman with sham wis?
Speaker 4: I like you man, all he's gonna do is work. Jim Rat staying in gym on the work. And you know I used to ham j Line and my guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know whatman servant serving GP. You better know it. That's not that's not like that.
Speaker 4: And I'm giving it to the white boy. I'm giving it to Brent Very. That's what we used to do all the time, me and Shaman second team. Yeah, you better know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to put me in the lineup, I told you we ain't paying me, lun you paid this mother, You paid me three.
Speaker 6: You get this motherfucker six.
Speaker 4: Gotta start the white boy and then I come in.
Speaker 6: Just play me about that twenty three, twenty four minutes.
Speaker 4: I'll be good with that on start him letting fuck that when we when you get in the when getting the pilling, just put me in. I'll run over. Motherfucker go to the free throw liner man. Yeah, that's what they used to do with me.
Speaker 5: So is there any truth to a Keen slapping the shit out of you at halftime?
Speaker 1: One time?
Speaker 2: Ship, There's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of truth to it, motherfucker, A lot of truth that shit. That motherfucker like he Spiper's hands on the ground and shuck, motherfuckering. Oh my goodness, hit me so goddamn heart wisdom, Seattle, every damn thing having shadow, God, damn FUCKSU. But we was in shadow was I was. I was having a bad first half and Ship we was playing Gary and them and Sean Kemp and all the motherfuckers. They had a squad over that motherfucker. Uh double deuces, Ricky Pierce, they had all they had a squad or whatever, Dannum barrows they have a squad. They just had a bunch of motherfuckers. Can bay so Derrick m Kid. Then now if I'm having a bad first half, I'm like, damn, you know how long that fucking walk is and see how I'm locking. Yeah, this like motherfucker walking fucking this ship around the blobber, round this damn building to come back in here. I mean they're walking so long. Yeah, so I'm mad. When I'm getting mad, I should spit. I'm walking. I'm spitting and the niggasu Sam sitting up and Robbert beside me.
Speaker 6: Man, it's gonna be alright, mask. Come on, man, you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: Man, Fuck this ship.
Speaker 6: Man, these niggas ain't getting me the ball.
Speaker 4: These nigga won't pass the ball. Man, fuck this ship. So dream behind me and dream like MEXI with the because you do it. That ship's not professional. Don't do that ship. Stop that ship. I saidre man, fuck that ship. And I'm tired of you too. And why would I say that ship there? I shouldn't have said that, because he came in put this goddamn hands, big old hands on me in the locker room. Oh man, he slapped the ship out. Then, I said, coming from the back, man, way from the back. He slapped ship out of me so hard. I mean I thought I'm on fuller punched me. He slapped out of mens hand ship man slapped ship out of me. Man, man, that killed me.
Speaker 3: But but but but hey, but knowing you you had to do, what'd you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: You try to get you, try to get your sup together.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm glad, I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 4: Well I got you know, I went crazy, that motherfucker. Everybody was running and scrambling that there's a lot of motherfucker scrambling. And that motherfucker when I got there and doing I was doing, went crazy.
Speaker 2: And it's only one thing like that's left.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get that too, while you gotta know it.
Speaker 4: Before we was on the road, we waved mother fucking way all the way across the country. We all got there. We way over there, Seattle, Houston. Why no one ship?
Speaker 2: Oh ship?
Speaker 3: Oh my face hurts, my mouth hurt.
Speaker 2: Rudy T.
Speaker 4: What made man Rudy T man best coach? My high school coach was a good coach. Hey, shout out Rick Swain, my high school coach. He was good man. He let me he the one helped me become like the killer that you know I was, and and told me to keep shooting that motherfucker Max, keep shooting, Keep shooting. I mean and the and I mean so shout out to him. But Rudy T just because the way he built our team. But really I got to get a shout out to Don Cheney too. See Don Chaney, the black coach was there before Rudy T. See Don Cheney. If it wasn't for Don, if it wasn't for Don, I wouldn't even been in Houston. Don Cheney the one brought me there. You know, Rudy T ain't bring me to Everybody think Rudy T brought me to Houston. No, Don Cheney brought me to Houston. And shout out to Don Chaney. Love you brother for that, because he saved my career because I was on my way out there. I was over there and San Antonio. I was fighting everybody on the street and shit in San Antonio over me, and shit I was thought I was a street.
Speaker 6: Fighting and shit every time I come out the club.
Speaker 4: I got to prove myself to one of these niggas San Antonio because they want to try me, because I mean, San Antonio ain't got no sports team but that in Tea. But then they got rid of Don and then Rudy T. You know, they hired Rudy T, which is the bench coach, and shit, I was like, shit, I like Rudy T.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 6: Rudy T let me flight.
Speaker 4: So Rudy t end up being the head coach, and shit, we I mean we got along like we was like he was like my big brother or something, and Ship like, you know, we all getting fight all the damn time in the locker room and folk of games and then practice and you know, man, fuck you Rudy T. Man, fuck you match. Fuck you too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you asked him about that right hand he took.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I was that was? That was so vicious and ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even want to.
Speaker 4: I don't even like.
Speaker 2: That's the worst point of history.
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen nothing like that, and I felt, I just I wouldn't have never I couldn't never frighten myself to do that. Jack. That shit was ugly. That was the ugliest.
Speaker 7: That might be the worst one of all time because he got he got sized up by one of the strongest people in their history.
Speaker 4: Yes, man, I played with that kid too. Yeah, and you know that motherfucker was over there in Houston with us. I was like, why the hell was the chief writing this motherfucker in here the same. Yes he was, he was over there with us. They cut him, he cut him what he brought him in.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did that. That Yeah, a nightmare. It's about man.
Speaker 4: That shit was like, I don't talk about that.
Speaker 5: This episode that brought to you by Captain Morgan, America's number one sprice rum. The legend starts when you follow the captain, Right, you've been around the rink for a long time. Who is the best captain or leader that you've been able to witness in the NBA?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 8: Different leaders in different ways, right. So I covered the Celtics team that our friends here pop on so often it all smoke, and I thought that, you know, KG was his own kind of leader, right. Certainly, I love the leadership you showed on the teams that I covered that you played on, because you were always behind the scenes, like kind of making everyone else to go. And then of course you played with Kobe, who is a different kind of leader.
Speaker 5: Yes, as well, who's your best leader leader I've seen? I love Chris Paul, Yeah, because he's an old school leader and he's not gonna sugarcoat it. He's gonna talk a lot of ship, but ninety seven percent of that ship is the right way. It's just I think sometimes his delivery. But to answer your question, I think Chris was a great leader and led by example. Obviously had a always talked about it too, but just a great He was someone I would go to world wide.
Speaker 7: So we got some We got more, more stuff and common besides going in the stands and checking the motherfucker you both find a lot of money.
Speaker 2: You was find twenty k and suspended ten games.
Speaker 7: At the time, it was the highest fine in NBA history and second longest suspension.
Speaker 2: I got you beat by millions?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: What game? Twenty kids? Ten games? Goddamn you got right the math math?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, three eighty three eighty.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers were making that much back then.
Speaker 4: No, hell no, I ain't making for one seven. Shit, I wasn't making them. Got that real money back there? Yeah, hell now, one seven the highest I ever got paid. When I went over there and played with Julyne and them ninety eight and see out of they gave me three million. But shit, nigga fucked that all. Fuck me because me and him had to fight, and he told the motherfucking people I don't want to play with the nigga no more. So he franchised player. They had to get rid of my dog ad and then I lost so fucking much money. I had six million dollars to come to me back after that shit, and I ain't see nothing, probably by motherfucking one point seven two million dollars of that shit man, all the rest of your contract. Yes, man, I got fucked man out of that shit. So you see, it's a lot of fuckery went on. Yeah, motherfucking god, damn correct a lot of fuckery shit.
Speaker 3: Do you think the NBA does enough to protect their players?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 2: Nah, nah, man, they never have.
Speaker 4: No, That's what I'm saying, man. I mean, I already talked about it, and I'm I'm sure it's worse than you talk if you know what I mean, Because that ship is like that ship ain't like you just start saying, nigga, you growed up in the house. Listen that motherfucker use that ship and say that ship all you heard it somewhere? Yeah, look at that nigga on TV and yeah you hear that's all they say in their household. And that's what they used to and that's why I meant that, no, damn little I mean, I don't. I mean, I can't stand you talk.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: When I got damn daughter, she was just up there. I say, girl, you be careful. Don't you tell no motherfucker your last name Maxwell, because you look just like me. Goddamn it. And I'm sorry. Their motherfuckers looking for us.
Speaker 2: Ours coming from out of Utah. Shout out, Liz Barbecue.
Speaker 4: That's what I gotta tell this, less Barbecue. I gotta have you said with some ship. Yes, man, Yeah, I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get them to come ca the show one time.
Speaker 6: We're gonna do that, all right, left.
Speaker 3: We gotta go to you tay to do it.
Speaker 2: H We gotta.
Speaker 6: Hey, let me tell you something, Hey, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: Your motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I go with you and you my boy, Yeah show, I go anywhere with you three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna be right anywhere we go.
Speaker 7: We're gonna we're gonna find a way to get out of Vocans.
Speaker 2: We're gonna list some guards.
Speaker 7: Give me the first thing you think when these names and mentioned, first word come to your mind.
Speaker 9: Miss Richmond, dog Dog, Regie Miller, Shooters, Free Well Athletic Ron Harper, Slasher, Steve Smith my o G.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said last night.
Speaker 3: Clive Drexler, right right, and they still couldn't most.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, j R Ryder what this the other day?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 2: Brother? Yeah, yeah, brother, give me two of the most underrated players you played.
Speaker 4: Against ship, probably Rosin Petrovich. Yeah. Man, I'm trying to tell you, motherfucker, give me nightmare.
Speaker 5: Just stick with Dras and tell us a little bit about him. Yeah, six four six five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's bigger than me, so I'm six that Yeah, and he come off type of motherfuckers shooting that. I mean, I mean just I mean, never seen nothing like before. I rather guard that mother.
Speaker 6: I rather god, motherfucker black Jesus Michael Jordan really didn't.
Speaker 4: Guard that mother. That's how bad it was for me and that motherfucker. This motherfucker used to give me buckets. I used to be so frustrated. I couldn't stop this monthsfucker. I mean, you can't get a smotherfucking in both ways. All that men, all that motherfucker. You know how the motherfuckers and your big got all that triple threash ship. He had that ship down to a call tee. Oh man, he's fucking you up with that getting me. He just killing my eyes to that. My eyes just jumping all overywhere when you do that ship to come back, try to swipe that ship just you know this nigga got me jumping all over the place. Yes, yes, you talking about that. The little guard that wanted played you had the one player to go to life. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was tough. He was yeah, he just but I know he was gonna go left hard. He just like them Clyde, Yeah, gonna go right, He's gonna go left.
Speaker 7: The current Rockets, what do you think of the future Jaden Green to go on Thompson Jabbar Smith and uh Thompson the Thompson Twins.
Speaker 2: What do you think the state of the Rockets right now?
Speaker 4: I like, man, I love the motherfuckers, Thetherfas. They play so hard and that's what's pushing them over and that's why they play so well.
Speaker 3: But you got a really good coach too, Yes, oh yeah, he's a he's a and I like.
Speaker 4: His spirit and I like the way he coached Theuers. Yeah he coached them like dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He feed them niggas dog food.
Speaker 2: He got that.
Speaker 4: Because their niggas they come to eat every night. They play so hard.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I love the Rockets team and I like what they're building over there. Yeah, that's what I'm about.
Speaker 5: Michael Jordan said about Maxwell, something's wrong with this guy, Kenny. He fights me every day. That brings his sonwhear and air. Jordan apperil what prompted them to stay that? What's he talking about?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 4: He said, God ship right now. But no, Mike, Mike is the greatest man. Mike is the best player I ever played against, man to hands down, man, never seeing nothing like this ship.
Speaker 6: Make it work though, Hell yeah, I'm gonna make it work.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I said, that's it. But that's all I could do, just like you know, cut down in his percentage. You can't never.
Speaker 3: Stop no motherfucker like that.
Speaker 4: You gotta make it tough, you know, is man. You know you know you got to make a tougher motherfucker like that. So that's all I was trying to do. Make it tougher that motherfucker. And he was already bigger than me. Ship. I'm sixfold. I ain't never wore one hundred and fucking ninety five pounds so in my life, and my biggest weight I was one ninety four so and this motherfucker was to eighteen and six six and jumping everywhere. Every time I turn around looking at the bottom rep motherfucker shoes, motherfucker. The motherfucker don spent off me and just GoF. I ain't never see a motherfucker just spend and jump at the same time. I man, just just gone, just gone. I was like, good, ship is crazy.
Speaker 7: Man, do you do you do you have a moment? O g do you have a moment when he was playing against him and he did something when you weren't out of court, Like yeah, man, now yeah, that's what I used to do all the time.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker. I'd be like, man, I know, I just played the best fucking defense on this motherucker, and he spent on me. This one time in Houston, you know, everybody coming out there, all them bitches came out there to see Michael.
Speaker 6: Everybody you know here, they come and see Mike.
Speaker 4: And I said, yeah, this motherfucker got this nigga jersey all morning, got Max trying to quit old Max for the night, got after his mother. So this mother was spending on men. Don't ship out of me. Man. It hit me on my ass when he's running back. I grabbed that. Moment's when I went and grabbed his motherfucker. Man, keep your motherfucker you do not touch me, motherfucker. Keep your hands to your motherfucker self. But we love Mike is the best though, Shu. Yes, go coach goddamn jump man ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lady Box, Yeah, we gotta get it right. We gotta get it right.
Speaker 3: Coach.
Speaker 5: Pop told you no more clubs gonna have to trade you. You proceeded to go out and Pop has someone follow you.
Speaker 2: Man, we got so much in coming.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 2: First, I told me no smoking, and I did it anyway.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The next day, Pop calls Max trying to pack your ship. I'm trying to find a tree to trade you to want your ass.
Speaker 4: Well behind the hell you motherfucker get all this, God damn.
Speaker 3: Make no sense.
Speaker 4: You got eyes and.
Speaker 6: We got informed all that smoking, all that smoke, man, God damn.
Speaker 4: But yes, that ship is true. That's what I was going back to my story when I was saying by out, motherfucker was saying, like, hey man, I was fighting everybody in San Antonio. Couse, every time I turn around, he stuck as.
Speaker 6: Niggas just swarm trying me cause I play ball in NBA and I'm.
Speaker 4: I'm what I was coming. I was twenty two, young boy. I was that Damn, I'm just trying to make a living, you know, and then I ain't paying me no money.
Speaker 2: You're the only spur in the streets like that, thought, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They wasn't. That's why they was just said. So I'm not goddamn this niggas is trying me. Keep trying me. So every time I walk out the club. Well, while I'm in the club, they always have a nigga you're talking about. Hey man, that nigga wanta fight you? Man, he wanta he really won't try you.
Speaker 6: I say, what do you want?
Speaker 2: What was going on?
Speaker 4: He said, the niggas swarm he wanta fight? I said, well, goddamn it, I like to fight, So telling telling lace him up. Well, if I when I walk out, and if I walk out and he walk out behind me, tell goddamn, I'm gonna get him. Yeah, I'm gonna skin him. So I said, So he said, you know, and that's what it was. And I kept fighting and fighting because you know, and then Pop, you tell me Max, you gotta stand he's goddamn clubs. You almost killed the kid last night. I said, yeah, I picked him up and slammed straight on the ship. All that fell right with him, Sam. They sat in his ship. So then it was like, you gotta stop this ship nigga. You is fucking fight like you're a street nigga. So you gotta, hey, man, do not go out no more. If you go out ever again while you're in here, you know, and I'm gonna get rid of you. But he ain't never say he's gonna put a damn p I on me. So motherfucker put a pr on me and ship. And then motherfucker called me the next day like what you just said and said that, Hey, bring your ass in here early in the morning. He said, br your ass. I got the footage this year. I say, you're fucking right, Yes, you got that right. Mean, so hey, go on home and pack your shit. By the end of the day, I'm gonna have your ass somewhere. I'm said, Okay, cool shit. I was scared the motherfucker though. I went on scared this shit. I ain't know where the fucker I was gonna go. I said, goddamn, I ain't nothing. Think I did enough for a motherfucker to even want me. I was like, what did I do any that? And then I ain't am thirteen and we got that, we twenty one and six and one and here beforek I'm like, shit, I'm fucked up in this motherfucker. Then I hope somebody picked my black ass up. So then god, damn, I started thinking, damn, who I was killing?
Speaker 2: This shit?
Speaker 4: Who I've been killing?
Speaker 3: I said, damn.
Speaker 4: And the motherfuckers called me and said, the Houston Rockets want you. I was like, oh Lord, right in the street, Oh my goodness, sent me all these motherfucker black folks. I couldn't wait. So that's when I knew I was gonna take off. So it was a blessing for me.
Speaker 7: What a lot of people don't know too. And you know this, Yes, the Spurs and the Rockets have a relationship, don't they do. The summertime they go down to Houston and play pick up the Rockets players come.
Speaker 2: It's been going on for years, the.
Speaker 7: Spurs and Rockets players during the summertime. They always connect. But it's going to that's right.
Speaker 2: Two thousand.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you just started your mental health foundation. Talk to us about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's something dear in my heart, you know, it's something that I struggled with, you know, and I didn't even know that I was like a mental health case and ship.
Speaker 3: It wasn't talked about, no, it was just.
Speaker 4: It was brushed up under the rug ship when I and then you know, uh nba they dealt with me a couple of in a couple of instants like about with about mental health. But they really didn't want to dive into it. They they really didn't want to say that, nigga, you is crazy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: They adn't want to really, you know, because we shouldn't be paying you know, you just kind of money if you if we you know, gonna die knows you as being mental health like crazy. So but nah, but I think I just think for everybody need a safe place, you know what I mean in their life and somewhere that they can call somebody and if they need to or and it's nothing to be ashamed of or you know, back in the day, because I was scared to tell them niggas when I was playing with the Rockets and San Antonio and shit like, I got issues, niggas. I struggle. I struggle still today. I struggle. I struggle, but I got issues. I got waves that I know how to deal with it. And you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I mean it's I mean, it's a blessing that I identified myself and.
Speaker 3: I know that I have the hard part.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's right, gotta be real with yourself, that's right.
Speaker 4: But now, man, but I tell everybody, man, if you if you feel like you need to talk to somebody, man call some motherfucking back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, fuck that ain't nobody when when you're gone, you gone. Ain't a mother fucking movie. You're gonna be back the next day, motherfucker for real. So man, take care of yourself. Your mental is everything.
Speaker 3: Your favorite teammate man, all the.
Speaker 4: Motherfuckers, I say, I can't say one because all these motherfucker be mad the mother all the motherfuckers. Love all your niggas.
Speaker 7: You got your own relationship with all of you. Know when I when I asked Kenny about your Kenny light up.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's my guy, man, no doubt. Yeah I say that, motherfucker. Well, I was fighting two fights out that motherfucker because Ken, I ain't gonna do nothing. You know, Kennick straight just like what he was.
Speaker 6: I told him that you're gonna be a great commentator, and he is.
Speaker 4: I knew it. I knew it. I knew he was. But I love Kenny.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 7: With with with all that's going on with the game is today, right, what do you feel that the game needs to add and take away?
Speaker 4: Take away this ship right here going up to that fucking damn board and trying to man back when we play it, we don't referees then make all the time the right places. That's what made the game to wait it was and the way it was back then. Yeah, let that ship stay like that. Stop going up that instant replace all the time. That's fucking slows up the flow and slows up the game. Man, call what you fucking see Like when we played, they weren't doing that ship. Yeah, peoples, gotta deal with it, everybody, Yeah, everybody deal with it. Come on, man, that's where the game has been. That's what the game was made. We played just like that, not to get every fucking call right.
Speaker 3: It took this thing and still get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Get it wrong.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. But yeah, that part. But and then that's what I wanted to take away. But and what's the other question?
Speaker 3: You said?
Speaker 4: Do what now? Add the fucking mid range?
Speaker 2: That's kind of lost, James, Yeah, mid that mid range?
Speaker 3: What was your pregame routine day of a game? Walk us through the day of a game?
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't got no goddamn man, I'm.
Speaker 2: What you doing?
Speaker 3: Routine? What you want? So shoot around at eleven?
Speaker 4: Shoot around eleven? Okay, I'm gonna get up because I'm back damn probably hungover, so I'm gonna get up. I'm gonna get my ass up and drive around that motherfucker without eating nothing. And you know, i ain't eat all that ship. And then I'm gonna, god damn go to shoot around, probably sit around and that motherfucker and probably walk through what the other team is gonna do. Then after that ship, I'll probably go get me something at Loubi's.
Speaker 2: Loubis lone Fish Lovy, So.
Speaker 4: This home for louv So go to Loubies and then I after that, i'ma smoke me in l on the way going to the rib, going to the crib, and I'll get to the crib. My wife she's gonna be having my dinner getting cooked before I leave. Not all the time, because I was such a real nigga, I really ain't cared about eating before the game. When I get up, I just be ready to go to you know, put my ship on and and take get my washed some self up and and I'll just be ready to get at somebody, you know, because I'm focused now, I don't my stomach don't be really be wanting to die. Just no food before game. I'm like, you know, I'm in I'm in some other mold, Like my mind is. I'm trying to think about this nigga now, you know. So they talk about a nigga before every game that I gotta get in front of it. I gotta stop. So that's why I be focusing on this nigga. So and uh so that's that's what I and that's why it's hard for me to eat before games. So I beat normally, I eat like I be running down on the court. I be eating a hot dog and ship. Yeah before we have before we started lafut line, I be stuffing.
Speaker 2: The hot nigga stuff in the lightheaded a little bit, got too.
Speaker 4: Gotta eat something. Yeah, you know, I ain't this ship all night because, like I told you, I ain't going to sleep. I ain't gonna sleep for no motherfucking nigga in the NBA. Only nigga ever got night sleep. The night before the game, I slept with Michael Jordan all these other niggas. Nigga, I'm gonna stay out four five o'clock in the morning. Nigga, I'm gonna see you then. Yeah, I'm gonna see I ain't scared of none of you. I guarantee you. I'm ready in the rock and roll. Yeah, all you motherfucker. Michael Jordan the only motherfucker I'm gonna lay out the fuck.
Speaker 3: What time you go to bed with Mike?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, I'm gonna be in that motherfucker. Legs kicked up. Oh boy, Hey boy, they call me when I've been in Chicago talking about going out Old Last Stadium. The matter what we got, man? Wait, you know we're gonna two steps to night here now, Nigga. I got my feet kicked up. Nigga, I gotta see this, Nigga. I gotta wait to see this nigga tomorrow. This niggain't gonna embarrass me. I know this nigga embarrassed you, man, and you know he at home. Man, Oh lord boy, I know you can hear the motherfucker's upstairs. First time I wasn't, I got damn stadium and that ship was wild.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 4: Remember yeah, when you when you first went in that stadium the month did y'all ever playing old? Y'all know y'all did right both?
Speaker 2: I did you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, you hear all that ship be going on before the game before you walk up them down steps. Yeah, had them dirty motherfuckers be just wasting ship when you're walking up them steps. And ship and man, that ships so loud that there motherfucker just like y'all you hear motherfucker stumping. I mean while you down when you're underground.
Speaker 6: You a stadium in the old Chicago stadium.
Speaker 4: That ship, Oh yeah, that ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Man, what's your favorite story?
Speaker 4: Oh man, ship, I ain't gonna tell that one.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell uh, man, ship, I ain't gonna tell that.
Speaker 4: My man gonna get mad at me. I can't say that.
Speaker 2: Oh I know it is what I'm gonna tell that.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I just can't. Mike was a I have hung out Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, open Charlotte when he was on the squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's right, that's right. I used to see you.
Speaker 4: Ship about GP is killing man. I mean, he was a glove, had great anticipation on defense. He was good at that. He nowhere your ass was gonna move and be with that ball and he and he was a thief in the night and you know that motherfucker is still good still, you know your you know, and GP had that yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah talking ship And but I love GP, love GP game. GP was a great ballplayer from out here in Oakland, right yeah, so yeah GP, Yeah, homage man, GP was that that's my guy. Man. Well, like you said, you even said it before we came on the show, like just walking out when when me and GP played together in Seattle, just having me and him walk out on the floor in front of you. You was like dogs, ship, I got these two dog motherfuckers. You bun your ass Locker Road. We got some niggas gonna kid. Yeah, I got two motherfucker niggas ready to kill so yeah, but GP Man was one of my favorite guys. Man, he's a he's a hell of a ball player. Man must love GP. Well, stop all that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I love you, boy, And I'm gonna ask you this question.
Speaker 7: When the back in the days when it was Clutch City and it was toosting going on rockets back through twice now they called Tooston all those days in Houston?
Speaker 2: Do you remember those days?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How was those days? He was? How how hot was Houston around that time?
Speaker 6: Well, we was like that month over that boy called that hot boys.
Speaker 4: We was hot boys, hot boys, but we was hot the motherfuckers the city was. Man, we the first championship ever and any sport we had bought back. But they said our ship really didn't count because Mike wasn't playing the ship. So y'all know what the nigga say, y'all say. They said, y'all say, I ship didn't count because Mike wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: When and played baseball, Canny say, well, nobody stopping the dream run.
Speaker 6: Time not at that time nobody was Nah, what.
Speaker 3: Did that mean to you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: After your journey, the ups and downs to be able to be back to back, you know.
Speaker 4: Matt, because I never thought I never ever won championship on that no level and should I never did think it was gonna happen to damn NBA two. I thought I was just gonna be and that motherfucker getting this motherfucking money, you know, I was gonna get this bread and so. But that's what I you know, but shit, and but after shit, I wanted. Man, it was. It was shocked the shit out of me. I was just glad I was able to be like out there in this shit. Yeah, yeah, you know, I ain't want to.
Speaker 6: I'd have been feeling like some shit if I had just been sitting market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I knew I was out there and I was hitting big shots and ship and so the reason, yes, yes, And that's what that's what I felt like after that. Now I was chasing money, you know, after I won the first was chasing chasing money, and I fuck this ship. Just what motherfuckers be, Just what they grade you on, how many motherfucker chips you get? Right, So goddamn. And I don't think it's right though, because you ain't gonna tell me a motherfucker that scored fifteen thousand points and got old goddamn five thousand rebounds and in two thousand sists or whatever, three thousand sists. You mean to tell me this motherfucker career ship? Now that's bullshit. Now, I ain't gotta win no goddamn championship. Now, I don't believe that, right ship. That's what they judge guys on, but I don't think that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's your typhire?
Speaker 4: Oh ship, They're gonna blow my high.
Speaker 3: We'll get it, We'll get in, Okay, Yeah, yeah, we'll get it back right after this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh, Well, you know I'm gonna put my big guy in the middle of No Lodge one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know I'm gonna put Mike. You know I'm gonna put bron You know I'm gonna put uh uh uh ship. My favorite player was Doctor j Tim Duncan.
Speaker 7: Mhm Duncan dream Uh Broun Jordan's Doctor Jay Hell of Fire, Fire Hell.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, man, I'm glad you get.
Speaker 4: Oh gee, I hope that ship was good enough.
Speaker 3: Man, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Goes back to Fellowship and now go back to Fellowship. Yeah.
Speaker 5: All Star twenty twenty five Florida Gators. Quick bullshiting man. Make sure y'all make that straight.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pull up.
Speaker 4: We gonna sign the petition, almost in tears, up this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: M hm m hmmm mm hmm