Speaker 1: We're just talking about white people who dress like it's not cold when it's absolutely outside. If you have a take because you're from a warm weather place and you're not i'd imagine I'm from LA. I'm not impressed when people act like it's not fucking freezing outside.
Speaker 2: H Well, the thing about Vegas too is that sometimes it gets cold here too, like sometimes it'll randomly snow, And I just find that white people in general are just not aware of the risks of things, just like temperature, police, low hanging seat, it's you know what I mean, Like they're surfing, they're doing all the things to kind of push the envelope. So I don't know, I feel like they just kind of like being out there.
Speaker 3: This is impression of me walking around walking around town.
Speaker 1: Dir dirt, dirt, Yeah, yeah, you got you got the star from Mario. You're invincible.
Speaker 3: Nothing can touch me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know police no.
Speaker 3: Given giving police officer a high five.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I dated a white man. It was terrifying. I thought I was gonna feel for free, but I was just mostly like, why are you doing that? Why are you doing that next to me?
Speaker 3: Let me catch your hair off the speed bump. I didn't think a school bus could go this fat. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three eighty.
Speaker 1: Eight, Episode four of Guys. It's a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it's Thursday, May fifteenth, twenty twenty five. Whoa halfway through.
Speaker 1: Look shout out to it's bring flowers to someone day.
Speaker 3: Very vague, yo, they fell asleep halfway through figuring out what day? Three flowers.
Speaker 1: Someone. Someone also shout out to the old timey bank robbers, it's National Nylon stocking Day. Uh, chocolate chip day. Yeah. The first sist, yeah, never catch me pull some hosiery over your face. And all it did was be like, you look still look like a white person, but with.
Speaker 3: A yeah, yeah, it just looks like a slightly uglier white Guy's actually.
Speaker 1: A good disguise to break to put hosiery over your face.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not that old Miles, but but I mean.
Speaker 1: Like watching up movies, we've seen that trope over and over and every time like it looks like the fucking guy just with hosiery.
Speaker 3: They actually talk about that in that say nothing show about the Trebles in Ireland, where like one of the dude rolls up to do his dirt and he has hose over his face and like a big mustache and everyone's like, yo, we know, we know who it is. It's like it's like wearing a batman mask with a mustache. It's like, hey, that's a pretty distinct mustache. And the girl starts making fun of him about it.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, I'll give you fifteen minutes. Go buy a shicty, put a blaclava on and yeah it's sober if you want to do it. Chokes.
Speaker 3: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien. Shout out to the Trebles and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: I was breaking in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Can I go swimming in the creek between the mountains of shit and the so deep.
Speaker 1: I've been affected with something, something aside from the worm.
Speaker 4: So many children will die because I can't see the germs even though I know they're man his shit walk down every evening you swimm then more damn the water my mouth in my eyes because of one needs a friend. That's what I'm looking for, all right.
Speaker 1: Shout out Nick Sebretarianist on the discord for that Billy Joel. I was when I just had lightly in my brain and I asked Jack. I was like, night and then and then you do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, it's been too long. I truly loved the hell out of that song for like the first six months it was out, and I don't think i've heard it since then.
Speaker 1: I think the last time I heard it was when it was just playing NonStop in the eighties. And yeah, that's how I have the melody in my head. And I know it's like in the middle of the I go walking.
Speaker 3: In the in the middle of the I go walking in the Paul Simon Ladysmith, Yeah, there might be something. As I was singing, I was like, is this problematic? I'm feeling very Lady Smith Black Bumbazo. I was like, remember the Life Savers commercials they did, Oh yeah, oh no, no, win to agree Life Save Us.
Speaker 1: That was the wave bro.
Speaker 3: Is that the one where they turn the lights out and Thatt sparks.
Speaker 1: That's a winter green one was I think had some.
Speaker 3: Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious comedian, writer, actor, producer contributor to Reductress. Their comedy special Highly Intelligent is dropping in five days. Please welcome SHAWNA Christmas.
Speaker 2: Eh. Yeah, I was trying to restrain myself. I wanted to jump in so bad with all your little banter. I was just the ladysmith. I was like, oh, yes, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember, yeah, exactly. Man. People were loving that. It's so funny how Paul Simon was like the gateway white for them to be like, hey, you least you know what.
Speaker 2: We still always need a white person to the true for us.
Speaker 1: It's really unfortunate, and it gets so worn out that it's like, wow, we're gonna take this ship to the point that savers commercial. Ah man, this okay, fine, at least they got a check, even got more white.
Speaker 3: He made me think as a child that he was Chevy Chase and that you could call me out the whitest person in the world. I truly, I was like, damn, Paul Simon looks like the guy from Fletched.
Speaker 2: They do kind of look alike.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Had him lip sinking that song, and yeah, now they all kind of you know.
Speaker 1: When they say the form of a crab exactly, they all just turned or Chevy.
Speaker 3: Chase is from like deep money, like he's moneyed. Yeah, yeah, his real name is not Chase. Yes, thank you. Like the I'm sure there's some Chase Banks back there in his lineage. So is it from the banking I don't. I don't know, but it's might as well be.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, damn it.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting in there. Chase Chase, rear admiral USS Enterprise. Damn these people are like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, rear admiral, he comes from rear admirals. I don't even know what the funk that means. But adopted by a Vanderbilt Oh my like adopted as in like we summer with them and they're basically my family.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Vanderbilt estate is basically my home away from home. Simply must go there.
Speaker 2: Wow. I had some practice talking like that or what That sounds pretty good.
Speaker 3: I was just talking about my summer planet. That's it's not an impression of anything my life.
Speaker 1: And where do you summer?
Speaker 3: That's our first question. We like to ask our guests where do you like to summer?
Speaker 2: And with you.
Speaker 1: Go homeward, do you transition immediately into your fall autumn hall?
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the same house I think.
Speaker 3: And lived until you've been to Hyhanna's Court in August?
Speaker 1: Is that where that's where.
Speaker 3: The Kennedy compounded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Actually like the blue collar rich person estate the Kennedy's because they're Catholic, you know. Anyway, Shawna, we're thrilled to have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about Miles great headline. America just got whiter by fifty nine people. Yeah, they have a the Afra Connors. Yeah, so we'll talk about that. Just Trump administration, not even a dog whistle at this point, but just being like, you know, we we don't like some immigration, but we're gonna we're gonna make sure which kind, you know.
Speaker 1: We like, Like we would do a Nazi salute, but it hurts sales, it turns out the only reason why.
Speaker 3: And I'm getting tennis elbow. I'm getting tennis elbow. How much nazis slipping I'm doing still elbow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my heilebow.
Speaker 3: No, that's sig Heilebow.
Speaker 1: We were summering this summer and Milebow just.
Speaker 3: My elbow is getting stiff from all the I mean when you see how Yon did that ship, like his arm almost came out of socket. He was very enthusiastic with it. And then we have a couple of stories where the theme is that CEOs are smart and we should trust them to run this country. Of course, have the renaming of Max to a drum roll please HBO Max? What Max? That was renamed to Max from drum roll Please HBO Max first place back in twenty twenty three, And we, along with everybody who was paying attention to that story, was like, that seems like a stupid, a stupid fucking idea. Maybe Anyways, they concur they're going back to HBO Max. And this is all being done by a CEO who makes fifty two million dollars a year. David's as fifty two.
Speaker 1: Million dollars, a million dollars.
Speaker 3: A week, that's right, okay, yeah, yeah, So when you think about it that way, like.
Speaker 1: Don't try and smear him, because.
Speaker 3: That's a million dollars that has to get him from Sunday all the way to Saturday. Think, you know, that's weekends get expensive. I'm just saying, when you're summering in Hyannasport.
Speaker 1: People struggling in this world. I put white africaners at the top, and of course close second as man.
Speaker 3: Think about all the pressure, think about all the eyes.
Speaker 1: All the all the projects he had to fucking kill.
Speaker 3: All the all the times that he had to watch Flea Bag with his friends and tell them to all avert their eyes so they couldn't see him jacking off on his yacht. That yeah, it was so funny. All right, guys, but just I have to tell the story every time in case people haven't heard it. He put on Flea Bag, a show that is like a streaming show, you know, that's his business, and was so scandalized by the opening scene where she's masturbating to Obama, that he pressed pause and was like, all right, listen, everybody in this room on this yacht, which is where they were watching it, We're gonna here's the deal. We're gonna just watch it.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: We can't look at each other during the thing, which doesn't really make sense. And unless he was planning to start checking off the right people, look at you. We're just watching TV. That's well, that's no way to do anything other than.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stands next to the screen while it's the TV's playing.
Speaker 5: He's like, Okay, everybody, just chill out, and if you hear a funny sound over here, just keep your eyes forward that surround sound, that surrounds sound, that's actually from the show.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we'll also talk about the VR Revolution. Does everybody remember the VR Revolution?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, we're all gonna get those helmets and just live with those big, big, stupid helmets on our head, just walk around looking like we were just got off a motorcycle in the future. And instead nobody bought those and everybody lost billions.
Speaker 2: Of dogs, did they really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know again sad news.
Speaker 1: Actually let me sorry, I had to reorder my oppression rankings. It goes Africannors, then David's Aslas. Okay, all that.
Speaker 3: Plenty more, But first, Shawna, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's two things. I recently searched my own name. Sorry, I'm very busy, so I don't normally do that, but I was like, oh, let me see if it pops up like I did a podcast, did it pop up? But that's recently. Another thing I did search was blazer with genes and Converse women.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready to go.
Speaker 2: On a sports show on the news on Sunday, and I'm like, what will people wear when they're on the news? Was talking about sports? A blazer?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I wear jeans? About my chucks? Like I had to find all the things in my closet because I found there was lots of great photos of people wearing amazing blazers with jeans, and I was like, oh, I've got options, But that's what I was looking for.
Speaker 1: I mean, mooks of the time at like a news desk, aren't people like flagrantly not wearing like the formal bottoms like they like, especially like at an anchor's desk, They're like, yeah, I got jeans, the top looks like I have a suit on.
Speaker 2: But I think this show in particular, like I'm sitting I go away from the desk and I'm talking to like the sports people. We're sitting like those little like uh director chair kind of things. Yeah, so we do have to wear pants totally interviewers, But I don't think I want to see some of these dudes of basketball shorts. Honestly, some of these sooes are yeah, sixty year old sports guys. No thanks, Yeah, I work out a nursing home during the day. I've had enough.
Speaker 1: You don't see all loose shin hair, just like, why is it all on the shin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Everywhereuse what.
Speaker 1: Do you say going on the news to talk about sports wise?
Speaker 2: Uh, volleyball. I used to play out here in Vegas and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Little blocker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did middle for a little bit, and when I got to college, they moved me around because the coach didn't like me very much. He was a hater. But I was a middle blocker, mostly because you never get to hit when you play middle, right, you're just running around.
Speaker 3: Did you see a celebrity with the outfit on that you're like, okay, and now I'm good, Like a celebrity that you admire wearing the outfit or anyone who made it look particularly good.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw Kelly Roland. She was wearing a bright yellow blazer, yes, and I was like, oh, you can do that. And then I looked up bright yellow blazers and it was just like not it wasn't the cutest what she had on, and it was like trendy blazer. It just wasn't popping up. So I just went with black. I went to Ross.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I'm poor.
Speaker 1: So either way, no one like the people are there to get takes and your expertise, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I want to take someone's job. I feel like I'm gonna go on Snoop Dogg this interview on Sunday and be like now I'm a correspondent.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should open the interview by the way saying that, By the way, I'm about to take your job.
Speaker 1: Sorry, and give our shake to the person.
Speaker 3: So good to see you, my prindesser.
Speaker 1: Everybody sat respect.
Speaker 3: The way, you know, like welcome.
Speaker 2: I know nothing about this sport, but welcome to the show. We're gonna wing it.
Speaker 1: Tout your heart too, like, oh.
Speaker 2: Goodness, I love doing that after shows. By the way, it's my.
Speaker 1: Fraid, Oh I do I do that too.
Speaker 2: It is think so thank you. It's really weird because we were like, you did a great job. I'm like, oh you think I do. I doubt myself so much even after I did a good job. I'm like, well you really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Oh so it is sincere. It is okay, okay the way you're a little.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I do it that way, especially.
Speaker 1: For years, I did a good job.
Speaker 3: All that laughter. You think that meant that I was doing a good job, like the crushing, the actual killing that was happening. That that felt good to you too?
Speaker 2: Oh boy? You'd I'm like, this is bombing.
Speaker 3: And and we're back, and I thought I should never do this again.
Speaker 1: And holy shit, I'm the best of this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fuck, do I think a medical episode together? What is something that you think is underrated? Shauna smacking people in the mouth underrated?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think more people need to be popped in the mouth for stuff. Yep, I just yeah, people getting a little bit too mouthy?
Speaker 1: Who needs an adjustment? That inspired you saw someone who need an adjustment? Gesture broadly, governments everywhere.
Speaker 2: People on the internet. I don't know, sometimes my mom whatever.
Speaker 3: That doesn't happen enough.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't need to get bullied physically bullied. This online bullying stuff, Sure it maxses up your mental but all you gotta do is punch somebody in their mouth and they leave you alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is the cuffs.
Speaker 1: People always say, they're like, oh, you can tell this person has never been smacked in their mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You are out of pocket. You need to be slapped really hard on camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Stepan Miller has never been pupped.
Speaker 3: No, because he's just shocking, right, one of the most smackable mouths.
Speaker 1: Yes, you want to too, Like there's there's grimy kids that go to Samo. Also, like you might fuck around and find out, but I guess not for Steven Miller.
Speaker 2: So man, he needs to get somebody with some temp some dusty times.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, or somebody give him a three hundred milligram edible ooh and be like bye bye, Oh what happens?
Speaker 2: Three hundred sounds like a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he will turn into Chevy Chase, or he will revert to his final form.
Speaker 3: Just blow some toad venom in his face, you know, like one of those just like super intense, like entire ego dissolving, you know, like just dose them with ayahuasca or something. Yeah real, yeah, here rose dose and then just follow him as he like tries to like find a place to be by himself and like put a therapist in there with him his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, who knows what's going on, that's true.
Speaker 2: They're both bad.
Speaker 3: Also, Friendship has a great has a great ayahuasca scene that. Oh really, I'm excited. I'm excited for you to see it.
Speaker 2: Mouth is that on HBO Max.
Speaker 3: It is not on HBO Max yet. It's probably heading there at some point. But yeah, what is Shauna something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Being a great person, Being a good person? Yeah, the't a good person. I've been doing that for a long time. You got me nothing but disrespected, run over, disregarded, disrespected. So yeah, my punch people in the mouthing. They kind of go hand in hand, right.
Speaker 1: Are you in your villain era now?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get there. Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: You seem like a nice person, Sean I am.
Speaker 2: It's because I'm tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you think that. I mean that. That probably gave you thick enough skin to bend to comedy and deal with people who want to have opinions about you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but you don't want to scare them. It's you're six foot three, black lady walking around. People are terrified, so you work extra hard to make sure they're not scared of you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, when I should be like all the time, you know, but yeah, I'm a gentle giant. See I'm gentle. You can pet me.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Wow, that's true.
Speaker 3: Is that an assumption that people make that you're a good person because you're tall.
Speaker 2: No. I think that's something that tall people do to make sure that we com by day other people's spear of us by being nice. I don't think they assume were nice. They're always like, oh, I'd hate to get in a fight with you. I'm like, why, I've never never fought before.
Speaker 3: Why are we talking about fighting each other? That's so immediately immediately.
Speaker 1: All this kid, you grew up with it, And were they nice?
Speaker 2: My brother he's six eight and a half and he's nice.
Speaker 1: Nice, or he's publicly nice, and then behind closed doors, no.
Speaker 2: He's actually just a really nice kind of aloof dude, very much like he's an engineer.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: He went through a divorce for like five years, not once that he'd like try to strangle this bitch she was. He was just like, hey, we just go to another deposition and wait, I'm like, why aren't you angry? You know, that's just kind of what it is. I'm like, I don't like her. I will beat her up for you. So he's just a very nice tall man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you, Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jason Weather shout out, Jason Weathers really really sweet guy, very soft spoken, probably ended up about like six seven or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had to do a big Danny in my high school sixth Danny.
Speaker 3: You got Jason Weather's nickname Shack. Yeah, yeah, he was white. There's also a big white guy named Hoosier. Oh yeah, you got you gotta give, gotta give the big dude nickname and Shack and huge.
Speaker 1: Uh any, real sweet guy, the sweetest, most generous dude and like genuinely too. So it's like if y'all know like a just genuinely nasty, tall big guy. Yeah, an athlete and like celebrity. I'd love to hear about that because I feel like it's always like the people maybe on the shorter end, who are like wor file.
Speaker 2: We'll see, that's my problem because deep down I am not a nice person. I don't want to help.
Speaker 1: You a nice person.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite time I just came right out and said I'm not a nice person.
Speaker 1: Some things about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a grocery store. Someone's like, excuse me, can't you like, no, I don't work here, right? Why are you assuming I have to help you? And then I'm like, well, you gotta do it, because otherwise I was going to be thinking you're mean. Where I am helping some old lady get the Cashi Golian crunch off the top shelf.
Speaker 1: She's like the one with the red berries. Actually, could you come back? So you know I see you as a representative of black people.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I'm want to tell my friends that you guys are actually nice.
Speaker 3: You come with me over to this other aisle.
Speaker 1: Get hold my grocer, help to my car? Yeah, host about this on on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone's second of video next door.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talking about some news. And we're back and Miles and I are now recording. You may have noticed some audio hiccups.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think justice zoom audio, I know.
Speaker 3: But they well, you're gonna be we won't be able to hear you sometimes because you got gated. So I will let the I will let the people.
Speaker 1: Know, Let the people know. Look, that was total user error on the on our part. Guys. This is a second rate podcast and for them.
Speaker 3: But now you're getting the rich sonor Dulphins of our voices.
Speaker 1: Is dulcet deep? I don't know. I just used to hearing dulcet tones and I don't know. Actually the definition of dulcet no clue, dulcet sweet. Oh, just means sweet or soothing. So up to the listener.
Speaker 3: Well, but the important thing is they did here. You hit those high notes on Billy Joel I hope.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about africannors. Trump and Team Trump and co. Have been talking a lot about the you know, they're just worried about immigrants and they want to open the borders as much as they can to help them out. Seems to be the message that they're putting out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, as long as your point. Yeah, we've heard this from Elon Stephen Miller, Trump himself. It's like just the plight of the Afrikaaner, you know in South Africa. Yes, those Africanners, the ones that ruled apartheid South Africa, that them, they are v v worried about them and they're welling and I don't know if you heard what the real genocide is happening to them. Oh yes, they've been saying these people are facing an existential threat, are they though, Nope, this is just one of those racist myths that gets peddled, you know, for a while. It's all based in the grievances of like white South Africans after the end of apartheid, and currently the latest talking point is that the black government of South Africa is taking their land and giving it to black people. This is just what are they doing. That's what we used to do them, That's really all. It's always this shit. It's always the fear of what we did to them they're gonna do to us. And then they try and wrap it up in some kind of weird victimhood complex. We've seen it a hundred times. Maybe we live we live in the place that does it the best. But again they talk about there's this like this law specifically that they say is allowing enabling the government to take land from white people. Again, the President of South Africa has reiterated many times, as have many other experts on the lots like this is not just some land grab bill. That people can just take land willy nilly, Like maybe y'all did again quote the law. I don't know a historic example, but where would that have happened where the indigenous people have had their land taken from white settlers Anyway, I don't know. It's very hard to wrap my head around. I don't have a lot of historical context for that. But again they say the law quote allows for expropriation in cases when the land is not being used or there's a public interest in its redistribution, similar to eminent domain laws in the US. It's not Hi, this is mine now, sorry, peace out. That's how settlers do things. Yeah, that's how settlers do things. And now a whopping fifty nine people have escaped this tyrannical government and arrives in Virginia, which is kind of fitting to escape the fake genocide in order to start life over in a new country that also ignores its past sins again people of African descent. So you wonder, like, why is that number so low fifty nine people? It's because white South Africans themselves aren't. They are not under threat, and they actually don't want to leave, like they just found a few people who are like, man, I kind of kind of burnt the spot over here. Maybe I can start off Virginia. Maybe that's fine.
Speaker 3: They found white people with a trumped up grievance, that's crazy. Where do they find these?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I think a lot of people like when they talk, because you know, a lot of journalists have spoken to white South Africans and been like, what do you think of this? Like do you need to leave? And people are like, you know, like in many ways, like life's better since apartheid ended. I don't know if you've, ah, I don't know if you've seen the fucking stats on this inequality we've got over here. But whites in South Africa account for about seven percent seven point three percent of the population. They own about half of the land. Seven percent owns half of the land and nothing has been confiscated. And white unemployment is around seven percent. With the national numbers for you know, including black people African people, they are thirty percent. That's thirty that's what the unemployment is when you are not white in South Africa. Also, crime rate, crime rate, it must be high. If these people are they need refugee status. The crime rates are again much lower in white suburbs than where the black townships are. So again, it's all this, it's all rooted in this idea that we even see after twenty twenty and people were like, yeah, we maybe need to have a can we try to have a reckoning with chattel slavery? That anything that resembles any kind of trying to rebalance the scales at the expense of white people is immediately morphed into Yeah, we are being attacked, they are taking everything from us. We're all gonna die. Somebody save us, please.
Speaker 3: For asking that question right there. The punishment is twenty years of just open Nazism, just asking if there's a anything that we should do to address the historic inequality. The backlash to that, unfortunately, will be a twenty year slide into fascism.
Speaker 1: You should have known better.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, you can't ask You can't ask that one question. Yeah, yeah, can't do that for a month in the summer on Maine. You gotta you gotta Yeah. Yeah, that's that's gonna be twenty years of where we're just gonna be nazis Na sliding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why didn't they send them to like, I don't know, Alabama or something why they sent us to Virginia.
Speaker 3: Well, Virginia, as you know, hasn't problem very special place right in the Confederacy.
Speaker 1: I mean again, this is just like what this is, This comes at a moment right where this we're actually dealing with the legitimate existential stakes for immigrants in this country, refugees in this country, people who are seeking refuge in other countries. You know, like they just from you removed protected status for Afghans who can here, like the people who risk their lives to work with the American Empire during the fucking wars. Now they're like, sorry, turning our backs on you. Thanks for helping us out with that absolutely meaningless war that destroyed an entire region. But yeah, we're also we're going to completely go back on any agreement we have, like think about Haitian people, Congolese, like the list goes on and on and on. But again, that is the point of all these policies. It's the absurd cruelty of it all to show people like you can't do shit about it, and watch we will play in your face and we will make a mockery of all of this because we're in charge of we're white okay, yeah, sorry, sorry to.
Speaker 3: Put a siren on top of the white supremacy. Like that seems to be the thing I used to be for the Republican Party prior to Trump, it was like quietly white supremacist and the Democratic Party, you know, quietly white supremacists in a lot of ways. And then now it's just finding different ways to say the thing without overtly saying it right, without actually hiling. Oh wait, sorry, they do do that now, but not that is just a gesture of one's heart going out to.
Speaker 1: And this hil level. Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, they did say that those Afrikaaners are easily to assimilate to America. Yeah, that's why they brought them here, because they're white, and so they'll just automatically show up and be racist immediately, right they're.
Speaker 1: Like they do. It's like, oh, oh, we don't use the K word. Here is the N word. They don't off and they are going to be like, oh, yeah, they've never heard of that term. Yeah, you should actually be using this word that starts with end when you're in this country. They don't know, they're not are racists, aren't as cultured. But then like even when you think about assimilate a lot of other South Africans. White South Africans they talk to they're like, they're like, I don't I mean, I like, I'm from South Africa. You know, my settler family has been here for generations. No need to leave. Also, we speak Afrikaans, not English, so I don't want to start speaking English. And I'm like, oh, they're not even gonna talk American talk American learn to talk Americans. I would love to for that to get real weird. Or they're like, hey, hey, hey, what you fellas talking over there.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm playing on. I wantn't able to come here and then experience oh wait, actually we don't like any foreigners. You guys are weird.
Speaker 1: They're like, do you see them white people? They said, they're speaking Africans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm laying on. You're going to come here and they're going to be like, actually.
Speaker 3: So where are y'all woke?
Speaker 1: What are y'all some wiggers or something?
Speaker 2: WHOA. I can't wait to turn the plane around. Oh my god, I cannot wait for the realife that they suck. We suck.
Speaker 1: It's there is one group that's pushing back against this, and it's the Episcopal Church. Okay Chapelians.
Speaker 3: They had out.
Speaker 1: They've been working with the government for forty years to resettle actual refugees in this country. And I mean, I'm sorry. They had been working with the government up until this mockery. The head of the Episcopal Church, like congregants know, on Monday, when these people arrived in the US, they said, quote then, just two over two weeks ago, the federal government informed Episcopal migration ministries that under the terms of our federal grant, we are expected to resettle white Africaners from South Africa, whom the US government has classified as refugees. In light of our church's steadfast commitment to racial justice and reconciliation and our historic ties with the Anglican Church of South Africa, we are not able to take this step. So they just said, all right, well, miss us with that grant then, because we don't need it, because we're not doing this.
Speaker 3: I was like, your funding, see what happens you're funding then?
Speaker 1: Oh why because you want to listen to your little christ, little friend, to what he said about unconditional love. You've disgusted me.
Speaker 3: Somebody could just get a recording of what Trump is saying about these people.
Speaker 2: I really wish someone would do that. But I mean what Bob Woodwork gets like a tape of him like yeah, look and doesn't tell us for six years exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like and he says, yeah, he called Kamala the N word in twenty twenty, and you're like, I'm repeatedly, why didn't you? Where is this? He's like, oh, you have to wait for him to die?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well also, but yeah, the first offer I got from Random House was so low. I'm like, no, no, no, I got I got him on wax.
Speaker 3: The publishing industry, of course, takes Wednesday through Friday off during summer's so I don't know if you guys have ever worked with them, but they take their time. They're at a leisurely paced Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's even those tapes from like The Apprentice that people keep talking about, Like there's there's tapes like where, yeah, where, it's just show it till us now because it's he already won.
Speaker 1: Also, it's like, I don't know, do I even need to see that. I'm like, yeah, I know, I don't need. Yeah, there's tapes I know, I don't need to see them. I know, I don't doubt that anything, his approval rate would go up with that.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm surprised he hasn't done that yet because he's hunted, like he's losing more and more support. But I guess it's not. He's not hitting the new the red button yet.
Speaker 2: Got to call the black autistic kid an inward at the.
Speaker 1: Park, Yeah, exactly, started gofund me.
Speaker 2: That'll be how you do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesus Christ. But yeah, that's such a perfect example of like how all of this works. It's like I got out of pocket with my whiteness a.
Speaker 3: Million dollars. This story does remind me of a historic anecdote that was undercovered in my history education that America had po German POWs during World War Two in Alabama and everyone was just like, ah, they're good, they're good. Ships they were they brought them back. Yeah, they brought them to Alabama. They had I think six thousand prisoners at one point, and it was not it was not a they weren't hard on them in the way that one might expect from a World War to prison camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, they weren't putting them in hot boxes.
Speaker 3: They were not putting them in hot boxes like they were doing to their own citizens. Yeah right, yeah, yeah, or something about America that just you know, really like a white immigrant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think, hey, I think that Gearhart is pretty cool man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was like the Rommel like people that from like getting defeated in Africa. Rommel's core. They were like, I don't know, let's see where they're going with this. Let's give them a shot, guys, Southern hospitality to the Nazis.
Speaker 1: Did they go back? I wonder how anything like you know what we like this Alabama?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they came back and sent us to the moon, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh right, right right, yeah, yeah. I don't think any of the.
Speaker 3: Prison prisoners necessarily to the moon, but former Nazis that did get us to the moon.
Speaker 1: We're like, hey, man, you want Nuremberg or a nice new house in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about some good CEOs who are smart and know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And we're back. We're back.
Speaker 3: And so up, first we got this az As we mentioned, Warner Brothers. Discovery just announced that the streaming service Max will now be known as HBO Max aka the thing it was already fucking called before they changed the name to Max.
Speaker 1: What the fuck.
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: Hollywood reported that the Hollywood Reporter kind of ate on this sentence, and they're right up of the thing. Originally, the service launched his HBO Max in twenty twenty and twenty twenty three, the company controversially changed the streaming service to simply Max, ditching the most venerated network brand name in television in television in favor of the most popular name for male dogs.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 1: Come here, Max. Oh, that's the name of Matthew McConaughey's dog in A Time to Kill Oh, when they burned his house down, And he's like Max. And then Oliver Platt is like, Max is dead.
Speaker 3: Oh shoot, now imagine he's white. Yeah, what dude, the dog you just keep saying that?
Speaker 2: Man. I also every dog is white, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Also like that name too, I remember, I guess it's like a millennial. I also associate Max with like Cinemax, and I was like, that's what I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like HBO and Cinemax together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you know you're.
Speaker 3: In trouble HBO MAX, and they were like, let's change it to just Max because they probably like focus grouped it, like had some misguided focus group testing. Like I love the story of a New Coke because it's just like such a great illustration of like how dumb these people are who like run these massive corporations and like you know, give themselves credit. They'll like rewrite their own story about like well, like I invented all this like back in you know, back in a garage somewhere. It's like all completely made up bullshit. Oh like one of twenty people, they ended up winning the corporate power struggle to be the CEO and then like wrote everybody else out of the picture, like that's how it always works. But they tell the story like their fucking you know, Horatio Alger, pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, and the reality is like that it's just people in a boardroom like trying to stay awake. They're so bored and coming up with like the dumbest fuck decisions, like the New Coke thing was based on. They kept like PEPSI put out this ad where they were like three out of four people like pepsi better and taste tests, and the way they did the taste test was they did little shot class you know, Dixie cups of the flavors and like that's so Pepsi just like made that up, and you know it was probably true. And so Coke was like, we gotta we gotta get ahead of this taste test thing and made new Coke, which beat Pepsi in the little taste tests, but nobody would drink it because it was only good if you took a single sip of it. If you took multiple SIPs of it, you would be like, my teeth feel like they're fucking vibrating because they put.
Speaker 1: So much sugar on.
Speaker 3: And it was yeah, yeah, this was a thing, but yeah, that that would actually be smart if they were like, what if we just like got back to our roots and used some of that lobbying money that we that we used to make America ignore the obesity epidemic. But yeah, so they just like didn't.
Speaker 1: They had to.
Speaker 3: They had to go back on it because it like wasn't a thing that people liked drinking anywhere except in focus group tests. It's just like, I'm sure there's something similar here where like they got people who are like, do you like the word Max Orbo Max? And the people are like, I don't know, like Max, I guess I don't like like just probably a misguided like some misguided like I think that feels like such a research feels like a Zaslobbian idea.
Speaker 1: That the guy would be like, yeah, dude, like again, just like how the Hollywood reporter is talking about like one of the most like you know, recognizable names in television entertainment and you go, don't need to lead with that, lead with a nebulous word like Max.
Speaker 3: We're bigger than HBO.
Speaker 1: We're bigger, right, well, I think because that was the thing, right they were mashing up Discovery Channel with all that, like now you can get ninety day fiance on Max, right, you know, and like they're like, so we don't want to confuse people, but I think people were more confused when the HBO name dropped out and they're like, well, we're not getting HBO then, right.
Speaker 2: I think the worst part too, was like we were hoping you guys would like fix the app or when you like hit the rewind, but we didn't shut down the entire app. Sorry, No, Like why didn't you focus on making sure it functioned appropriately, Like change the name. You can't rewind like ten seconds and the whole thing would just shut down. You're like, great, I guess I can't watch Natalie Grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you Have you seen the dramatized version of that?
Speaker 2: I started watching at the end of day. I couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I can't bring myself to watch it because the real thing is so fucking wild. I'm like, I do not need a dramatization when there's a full blown documentary, when you can look these people in their faces.
Speaker 2: Twelve episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no.
Speaker 2: I couldn't watch it. But if on Max you wanted to go back and catch something she said, it would just shut down the whole thing. And they're like, let's just change the name and the color.
Speaker 1: I liked the purple. Yeah, you know, it's funny. I'm pretty sure I still have that like dead app on my phone. Yep, I do, yay, keep it. I'm still with you. Oh I am it's weird. I'm like, I'm like, I got so many dead ass. I got Flappy Bird on this motherfucker that that was that game that got taken off the app store years ago, and people were like selling phones with it on it to be like I need flatpy Bird?
Speaker 2: What do you do on there?
Speaker 1: It was just like you tap the thing and the bird flaps and goes higher or lower, and there's like obstacles like a side scroller game. It's it's really nothing. This was like very twenty fourteen kind of shit.
Speaker 3: They had to outlaw it. It was like so it was so good that people were just like dying of exposure while playing it. Yeah, it got block I forget why it got blocked, but anyway, it's what it is. Wow, Producer Brier said, didn't some guy get killed over it?
Speaker 1: Shit? May I just remember? Is this shit was so wild? I was like, why are people losing it over flatpy Bird?
Speaker 2: I don't. I think I missed that whole area era.
Speaker 3: Yeah phones, Yeah, apologies to whoever got killed because that's the dumbest sounding ship to get killed over possible?
Speaker 2: Did they have the highest score or does somebody want to take his phone that had the game on it? And now I want to know details? Did this person die?
Speaker 1: Victor Now Research Goal tell tell Us tell Us tell Us now Victor Now Research go. Oh good, researching. Thank you, Victor. That's processing. I wish like when they like to your point, Jack, like, I wish they could just write these stories to be like, oh, that's an L for David Zaslov going back on this, you know what I mean. It's not like, oh, he's they're rebranding it. No, they made a stupid fucking disc and they made a stupid decision and now they're like, yikes, all right, that's an L.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it's good. You know it's bad when like actual mainstream media like accounts of the story just keep like are actually like making me.
Speaker 1: Laugh, Like.
Speaker 3: It's a good move, A user wrote of the shift. The HBO brand is associated with some of the worst content ever Sopranos, The Wire Band of Brothers, Game of Thrones, Kurby, he has a deep deadwood in Silicon Valley. Good ridden, that wasn't the rap, that wasn't the wrap, Just like being like, yeah, man, good call dipshit. That's fucking brilliant. Yeah, but again, quick reminders as a lot of salary is a mere one million dollars a week, so fifty two million a year and HBO max lost when when he like kind of did this, you know, it was his like big swing in case you're like, but I mean maybe he like did the research and it actually made sense and it worked. HBO Max lost almost two million subscribers whenever branded due to confusion over the makeover. Oh wow, just straight up oak level fuck up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Charge us more for like accounts now. They're probably going to raise the price when they change it back to HBO Max, Like, oh, they.
Speaker 3: Always want to do that ship and now we're bundling HBO into bas what. Yeah, do you want to upgrade? What do you mean isn't it the same thing? No, this is HBO Max now.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, I don't know if you heard our ceo makes a meager one hundred forty two, four hundred and sixty five dollars and seventy five cents per day.
Speaker 2: Woa. Wow.
Speaker 3: Sucks for him, actually, when you put it like that, that kind of that's crazy that he's able to get by on that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I was going to yacht viewing parties to schedule. I mean, it took a lot for me to not cry doing that story about the Afrikaaners. But now I'm just I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of him.
Speaker 1: He's only making a hundred forty two so bigwo wow, Rand, I just want to I'm just I just I'm I want better for him because one day I know I will be there. I will be there.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the low price one Starbucks franchise a week you can, Bonaire. I mean, so yeah, like you said as they scrapped the HBO branding in the first part to advertise that they were also bundling Discovery content too, which was the company that Zaslov came from. And so it's just like him being like, well, people are gonna want to like really discoveries the star of the show. But I guess we could just like put it all under Max, Max the everything. I think the ad campaign at the time was like Max the only one you need or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was just like Brady Bunch of my streamer services.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like Max and X live together in my mind as like the dumbest fucking rebrands that nobody thought were a good idea, right exactly.
Speaker 2: So wait, is Cinemax still a thing?
Speaker 3: I mean? And they never really had original content beyond like a couple shows. They had that show Banshee that's supposedly really fun. Uh huh. And they had softcore Ye Shoe Diary like that ship must have fallen off a cliff when internet.
Speaker 1: Porn became a thing.
Speaker 2: I want to know what Emanuel's doing now.
Speaker 1: She was so horny, I know, and she was eating horny in space. Yeah, you know, I thought I thought Space would bring your libido down. But not Emmanuel Nope, Manuel, no, no, man, you well the of the world. Oh wait, no, this is that Jesus damn. Sorry. They got to figure out the branding on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought cin max was still around doing something or maybe you got roped into or did it.
Speaker 3: No, it is, it's all part of It's all on the streams, the same streaming service. I just like, don't effectively like what they're doing. This is what cinemax dot Com looks like. It looks dire cinemax dot Com looks pretty schedules.
Speaker 1: This fucking channel is called motherfucking Max.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, movie.
Speaker 1: Max, I thought.
Speaker 2: And then they combined HBO and Max. But what's what is Lethal White? What's that show about? Oh?
Speaker 1: But then it is so it is also HBO. This ship is so confused, man, stop it, stop it. I feel like Michael Jordan and thatsay, stop it, stop it, David, please No, But he does feel like a Zaslov thing because his whole thing everyone's like, dude, this guy's gonna fucking come through and ruin everything. And all of his moves were like Daddy's home, you know what I mean. And now it's like, oh that thing no it's called Max. Now, all the slate of original program that you had brought up that was coming from like diverse creators fucking gone Daddy's Home like that just every his hands just fucked everything up on that thing.
Speaker 3: So well, it is like the propaganda of American capitalism is like these people know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is propped up on the idea like these are the smartest, most capable people. They know what they're doing. They'll never, like you said, like they'll talk so much shit about the decision in the Hollywood Reporter, but they're never gonna be like David Zaslov is a fucking clown. They what about like they would about an athlete for like fucking missing a free throw or something, you know what I mean, right, right, But the mainstream media will never do that because it's so propped up. And so I do think it's partially responsible for like how we got to a place where people were like and we just need a businessman to lead the country because they're the ones who like make the right decision that make line go up, and like nobody tells the truth about them. That's the amazon. They're just fucking.
Speaker 2: Because they're rich. They're like this guy made money, so he a parent. He knows how to do it because he has buddies like, well, well he apartheid diamonds in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I meant what I mean. His great grandfather profited from slavery direct. Yeah okay, yeah he made he made all that money. Sure, sure, sure, sure sure. The Hollywood reporter needs like a stephen A Smith.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Like all these fucking CEOs need a Stephen A Smith, like Jim Kramer needs to be a person who's out there being.
Speaker 1: Like, this guy's a fucking idiot. Get them. It's smoking crack that you could do that name change, Like, yeah, that's no.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that you're able to talk that way about mostly black athletes in this country, but not a white executive, the white executives who own the station. You're talking shit on. I guess all right. Just another in line with that. Another example of this is just the the whole VR revolution that was was supposed to happen. There's a clip from Prices Right that was going around on social media this week where one of the items was the Apple Vision pro and literally nobody had any idea how much it costs. Like the highest bid was like, I don't know, like one thousand, two hundred and seventy that was like the high one, and everybody, including Drew Carrey, were shocked to learn it was three thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 1: They were like, what wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I want to hear this reaction that was at the Prices right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those prices right.
Speaker 1: Without going over good luck, everybody, go ahead, here we go. They're gonna reveal it one thousand, okay, let's get to one thousand.
Speaker 3: Seven fifty okay, one dollars.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Here's the reveal.
Speaker 3: Three thousand, four hundred ninety nine dollars. People are shouting no in the audience.
Speaker 2: They can't even be happy for her. They're all.
Speaker 3: That price point is way too high.
Speaker 1: God damn. But yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Nobody could believe like it just was completely out of out of step with anybody's reality. Except for Tim Cooks.
Speaker 2: It seems like, yeah, it's like always just my rent in San Francisco for my you know, my one bedroom. That's just my Rent's easy.
Speaker 3: I can believe it again, like with the point about the mainstream media, like when it dropped the mainstream media headline five ways in which Apple Vision Pro will change how we work, A game changer in immersive learning. Five ways apples Vision Pro could transform education and training.
Speaker 1: Damn, I'm just sorry. I hate to get emotional gain, but I just crunched the numbers. That means David Zaslov can only buy forty one Apple Vision pros per day. That sucks, man, that's how That's how meager his south. I use a calculator, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, this deals really yours.
Speaker 1: You imagine if I was like a mass Savannah was like, you gotta be doing something else, man, problematic capitalist math. So what did they make? That's one hundred and forty two that's only forty one Apple Vision pros. I can only I can only break.
Speaker 3: We see the crowd of numbers floating around his head, like that's TV show numbers. No, that's blunt smoke, all right, numbers. No, I'm smoking a blood sure thing. Numbers.
Speaker 1: I'm using a calculator.
Speaker 3: What sales for the Apple Vision Pro were poor, despite what the media would have had you believe, to the point that Apple had to suspend back production in twenty twenty four, leaving a factory full of tens of thousands of undelivered parts. Reminded me of the cyber truck who.
Speaker 2: Why did they think that people would be able to buy those?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I mean I remember when the iPhone first came out. It was crazy, like it was one thousand dollars and people are like, why the fuck would anybody pay that much for a phone? Like keyo Sarah right, And then people did, But you need a phone.
Speaker 2: VR, like it's entertainment, Like you don't necessarily VR to go about your day.
Speaker 1: But I think that's where they fucked up, because they acted like this was gonna change fucking everything, the way you write an email, the way you do this, and really, to me, I was like, the only thing I think could be fun is watching TV on it and it's like taking up everything. But even then they say, like the screen quality isn't great to even watch like a like a film. It's like sure, it's huge, it fills up your your visual space, but like quality, yeah, it's like doesn't like the like you know, like you know, they always say the intensity of like the color black or darker colors against lighter colors, you get these like blooming effects. That would have at least gotten that right.
Speaker 2: No, you want to be able to do your emails better like this, that's what it's good.
Speaker 3: You know what I really like doing is my emails. Even there's a way to make that process like more interest.
Speaker 1: I want to use my hands.
Speaker 2: You don't even pitch that as a solution, like who you can send emails better with your eyeballs? Like how are you even doing that? Are you doing it with your hands? Like this? How are you even using the right emails?
Speaker 1: I don't, Tim, Tim Apple, you got I think what they should do is always just make a limited number and then see if people start flaming you for using that ship in public. Stop making it.
Speaker 3: Stop making Google Glass being bullied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Google Glass would have learned way earlier because the second people started stepping out of that, people like, what the fuck are you? Who are you? This a demolition mane? And then like people I remember there were people fucking around trying to be like I'm using a vision pro like on the train. Some of those were fucking clearly a bit. But then you'd see other people they're like, Yo, this dude brought the ship to a we work and they're like, no, this is people are not accepting it. And also the price work sometimes utain.
Speaker 3: It's just it was only adopted by people with the inability to feel shame.
Speaker 1: There just yeah, or like the hyper apple stands like you know, like I know people like that, people in my family who are always I mean, I'm like this Apple thing. I'm like, you have no job.
Speaker 3: You have no job, sir, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like but if I had the Apple, I'm like, no, you won't.
Speaker 3: Bro, you have any idea how many resumes I'm going to get to send out. One of the things that this article in the information dot Com all these websites in the tech world, what the Fuck was cited both weak demand, high price, and lack of apps available on it. And in this case, I feel like apps is short for literal like applications, as in uses of the thing I'm holding in my hand, Like what what kind of applications? What are the applications for actually using this thing? Like nobody could figure that shit out anyways. Apple is full speed ahead on a more affordable version of the Vision Pro, which will address exactly one of the reasons that it totally flawed. But VR gaming seems like it's on the way out, Like Minecraft just ended their VR support. More than half of game developers were pulled and said that the VR market is currently declining and stagnating. And of course, the biggest VR flop visionary him the visionary himself, Mark Zuckerberg and his Metaverse, which lost around seventy billion dollars. Wow, seventy billion dollars. That would like seventy billion dollars would make you one of like ten years ago, would make you the richest person in the world. He lost that fine, and he's, oh yeah, he's still like buying Hawaii to make up like fucking volcan Hanno Layer speaking of people who have never been punched in the mouth. But that's why that's why he does jiu jitsu, probably because it doesn't involve any striking.
Speaker 2: He wants to, yeah, because I feel like people make fun of him a lot, and he's like, well, yeah, say some of my things. No, I know how to arm bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They're like, okay, get your body guards out the way. You want to catch a one.
Speaker 3: Sir metis chief technology officer. This is the person who works for him, claimed that the metaverse idea was a legendary misadventure, like it was a fucking Michael Douglas movie from the eighties people misadventure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's so wild is like, you don't want a tech company reports a seventy billion dollar loss that means fucking layoffs in the next quarter because they have to fucking address that in their shareholder price. But like then it's it's so many people lose their jobs for less that you can be like, we pissed away seven what a legendary misadventure?
Speaker 3: Was a legendary fucking time dude, Yeah, he tried it.
Speaker 1: Talked about a bachelor party, yeah, right, right right. It's like, you know how many people got laid off after that? I like, no, man, like probably ten thousand or something.
Speaker 3: We ruined live.
Speaker 2: And it's never the person whose idea was right. Was it Mark's idea or was it somebody else was like, Mark, we should do this thing. And he's like okay, or was he like you guys?
Speaker 1: It feels like it was him the whole time. Ye Like there was a lot of because I feel like there are smart enough people that work it that kind of like I don't know, and he's like, I think we should do it. They're like, you know, Mark said it, and he was charismatic at that time, So oh, like that just model home you are do this. He's damn yeah.
Speaker 3: The reason oh no, yeah, it's and now we're just seeing everything shift to AI. It was they just have to like jump for one over future technology to the other. That it was like, right as the metaverse started to flop, Zuckerberg was like, you know, AI, I think is really Oh is that right? Gonna be interesting?
Speaker 1: And okay, so guys, everyone avoid AI. Then if he just said yeah the metaverse, guy's not saying this is the next thing, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: They were doing they were doing comedy shows with VR during pandemic. I was like, you don't you have to have a headset to do it, and they were like, yeah, I'm like, we are unemployed.
Speaker 1: They're like, can you buy an Oculus headset? Like no, uh, I'm currently fighting a neighbor over paper towels.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't want to tell Dick jokes right now in here.
Speaker 1: This is weird.
Speaker 3: Well, Shawna, it's been such a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist. Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: I'm on shawna Christmas dot com s h an and a Christmas as it's spelled. It's on everything. It's my name. No one stole it, thank god, I'm on the only one. Yeah, thanks, thank you. Uh, it's my birthday. Actually it's a stage name and it's great. Oh really Yeah, I don't get any presents or birth your birthday Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I gotta find a way to make it about me. Yeah smart Yeah so Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, all that stuff. The same name and my specials coming out on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody go check it out. It's super funny. It's really Yeah, thank you so much for thank you so much for joining us. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: No, I mean that work I would just say I was kind of enjoying the one hundred men versus debate going on. Yeah, then it became like racist, like one hundred men versus child support.
Speaker 1: I was like, this feels racist. Why are you?
Speaker 2: Why is it child support?
Speaker 1: Very quickly, very quickly, just like that, like see, now we can't play with this, No we can't.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just on black Twitter and then it got taken away and now everyone's just saying mean things about.
Speaker 1: I know, because I feel it was just that one tweet from black Twitter that was like I think, but they got to be dedicated. What's that? What's that black people having fun?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah support?
Speaker 1: What about if they fought Mexicans?
Speaker 3: And you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I remember seeing that? Wasn't that one of the replies? Jack? You saw that was like someone used like a Twitter ad boost like like promoted the thing, so it showed up as an ad as a reply on like the discourse. Yeah yeah, yeah, And it was like personally, I'd take like thirty Mexicans Mexicans over blacks, and that was a Twitter ad or x ad. It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Anyways, Well, wonderful having you, Thanks so much for joining Miles, where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Follow you?
Speaker 3: And is there a working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Oh man, and just check me out everywhere They got at Symbols at Miles of Gray. You can also find me and Jack Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack. Well, we're currently talking the state of the NBA playoffs. And also if you want to hear me talk ninety day Fiance, I do that at four twenty day Fiance. Some things I like. Yes, the onion continues to just be on a streak. They posted on Blue Sky rfk Junior claims measles can be cured with a good concealer. That's great, just dab.
Speaker 2: It on you.
Speaker 1: That's very good. You look great. You look casket fresh. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Caplowitz tweeted, it's not Nathan Fielder's fault that he is a batman villain in a world without a batman. I feel like that's probably right.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then Aubrey at Aubrey Bell retweeted Warner Brothers Reversus Chorus changes Max's name back to HBO Max, and they tweeted, if you're still calling ex Twitter stay in line, and we are doing that here. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at jack Obi the Number one. You can find us on Blue Sky and Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: We're at the Daily Zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: On Instagram, you can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This is some jazzy hip hop energy from the UK and I guess Gary, Indiana the two places. So we got Tom Mish YUSIF Days and Freddie Gibbs on the same track. Tom Mish fantastic guitar player from the UK USIF Days. I think he's one of the best live drum right now out there. He is so fucking good, so technical, amazing drummer. So whenever they team up, I'm like yes. And this track is called night Rider, So check this one out from Tom miss and USID Davis.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, The Daily Zeye Guys is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: All then, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeite Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang
Speaker 3: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner.