Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like is he skinny or is he fat? He's like the human uh dress that dressed that people didn't know if it was bright and yellow or white.
Speaker 2: And just in between.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm like, uh, you know, I'm like that cat that's neither dead nor alive?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is that schroding Hers the cat's name? Wait? Whose gun is it? Then? Is it.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: It's on these people's name.
Speaker 2: Like one of the cats. I'm like, what is that one of Gene? Why did only need one of Gene Hackman's dogs?
Speaker 4: Guy, dude, I have I know the answer to that. Actually, Okay, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Get into that because I'm glad. I'm glad we got the film crew today.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, dude, we're taking over.
Speaker 2: You're together, bro. I brought it on myself, which was like yo, dude, like are you gonna be with I'm like yeah, He's like all right, I'm gonna be out. And I said, who's the guest? Vince? And I immediately told Victors like, get Matt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's change.
Speaker 3: Is this Daily Zeitgeist episode is now a mad yourself a man episode?
Speaker 1: I thought, You're like, oh, just Vince, you need Matt otherwise he's not.
Speaker 2: Sort I can't get shit out of Vince Dude without Matt Man.
Speaker 4: Yes, true, he's my muse.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well look at you. You tuned into this podcast, and he thought maybe you'd hear Jack's voice. Well you are mistaken. It's me and you are welcome to season three, seventy seven, Episode five of the dailyes Ey Guys are production of My Heart Radio. You already know this is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's sick, fucked up shared consciousness. And it is Friday, February twenty eighth. It's blackout Friday, where you know, people are encouraged in maybe withhold giving the oligarchs your dollars today, because that is that is one way we can rest control. They need us to spend our money so they feel good.
Speaker 1: So just but just for one day, and neither is these oligarchs and tournament a smaller guard.
Speaker 2: Thank you to talk yet, thank you my co host, thank you. I've got And for those maybe you've probably read the description, I have brought the chaos from another podcast basically into this one. But hey, it's an experiment and we're all going through something, so let's just let it fly. It is Friday, like I said, February twenty eighth, which is National skip the straw Day. All right, Rare Disease Day, USA. We it's a better be every day. National Chocolate soup a Day, National tooth very Day, National Floral Design Day, National Public Sleeping Day, which feels a little bit odd. What does that mean? Just means take a nap in the theater. That's a waste of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is it's a way of, you know, for the unhoused out there to be like this is our day.
Speaker 2: I know in a way that it feels like one of those things where because we live in a country now where if you deigned to fall asleep outside, people would amuse like, hey no lawyer man. Yeah, yeah, there's just anyway. So there's a sleepy guy.
Speaker 4: He's having a good dream.
Speaker 2: Pokem this guy's working three overtime shifts consecutively. Call the cops anyway. My name is Miles Gray. AKA. Well it seems to me you missed that drone. Now your sandal's in the wind. Shout out to Bleaky Hack, referencing that very fake promotional video for Steak that Drake was like what's this drone doing looking at my weird betting website? And then did the fakest sandal throw I've ever seen. I think anyone who's had a chunk letter or seen a chunk leta fly through the air, you'd be like, that is not proper form, sir, But you are Canadian, so it all makes sense. Anyway, I am thrilled to be joined by my co host, the wonderful and talented comedian. You know him from his podcast Bad has Bro. You know him from the Frockcast, you know him from pot I mean maybe maybe I'll save this because I'm gonna say the same ship for our our guests too. Anyway, you know the incomparable co host, mister matt leet Matt leave a ka.
Speaker 3: If Matt leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of Matt.
Speaker 2: Leave matt Le, Please don't go.
Speaker 3: I changed keys in the middle of there so I could hit that false sttle note but no one will notice, so delete that.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: So great to have you? Great to have you, Matt. And maybe people heard this in the cold open, but Jack was out is out obviously that's why you know you hear these powerful voices before you. Now, when I saw the guests and I said, you know what, I've been on a podcast with these two before, and I've listened to the podcast they have together, the Frockcast, and I look again, you can't check me out on Pod Yourself a Gun, which was a Jeopardy fucking clue. I caught that earlier this month. Shout out to that wonderful moment. But our guest today, fantastic writer film critic. You know him as the O G Film Drunk. You might know the sub stack, the hashtag content report by Vince Mancini. You might know again, Pod Yourself Done, Pod Yourself a Wire? And now we are what mad yourself a man? That's right talking about I'm guessing mad men. Anyway, welcome to the podcast in our thirsty vis mec Yeah, give it to her. Jj oh, Vince Ben, so good to see you, so good to see, so good to be back.
Speaker 1: I steal all of jos and Clinical's best lines and.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, read with it. He is fine with it. He's got a beautiful life and a beautiful wife.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and those are his beautiful That is his beautiful wife, and that is.
Speaker 1: It is not his beautiful house. He actually lives with his in laws, but otherwise is true.
Speaker 2: How did he get there?
Speaker 4: They let him move in? He lives, dude. Rhetorical questions for.
Speaker 2: Beeople who don't. Okay, so people probably know just most of our listeners are familiar with one or either or both of you. But pod yourself a gun? I saw this like, I caught that shit somewhat live like for people posting yeah yeah, and I said, what the fuck pod yourself? This was in a Jeopardy clue. Okay, do you all know how the like? Now?
Speaker 3: No idea, no idea, but I do know this on Twitter? Yeah I do know this. I was so excited by it. So the category was TV rewatch podcasts, and ours was a question for two hundred and it was essentially like, pod yourself a gun is a reference to the theme song of this you know HBO TV show, right, And they said it was Sopranos and then they repeated it. Ken Jennings said it twice, pot yourself a Gun? And I was so excited that I watched the episode and all of the other four, all of the other four in the category where all TV we watch podcasts that are hosted by actors who are on the show they're talking about and that made me more proud than no.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, I feel like that makes it a great, greater honor. I also feel like all of the other podcasts are thus fake because, as i'd celebrity podcasts are stolen valor.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: That is true. Yeah, gone.
Speaker 4: I like that if you.
Speaker 3: If you already are famous, you should be. It should be illegal for you to podcast. That's what allowed, and either you get a TV show or nothing. You can't do a podcast. The podcast is the realm of the loser, the freak, the more who.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be a who's who exactly, and now it's literally a who's who.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's why the Jeopardy clue is that what is pod yourself?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: That's what people should be asking because they don't know about it, because they don't you know, we don't have a promotional.
Speaker 2: I might actually I might be paths with Jamielyn Sigler and Robert Eyler a few weeks. Not they're they're not gonna be on the show, but we're gonna be at a similar event, and I'm just like, dude, I'm gonna fucking freak them the funk out what I just pull up.
Speaker 3: If you see Jamilen Siegler be like, uh, hey, you know, uh your friend Robert Eyler was on pod yourself a gun?
Speaker 4: What about you? Oh yeah, yeah, how come you haven't been on it? And he Med?
Speaker 2: I call her Med too when I pull up, Ye's going on med.
Speaker 4: I going on the pod?
Speaker 2: The fuck? Uh Well, anyway, good having you both. Let's tell everybody what we're gonna dive into in today's episode. First, right wing media and politicians may look they are headed for overtime shifts at the consent factory because it's time to manufacture fucking consent for all these wacky I don't even I don't even know if this shi is austerity anymore. This ship is like just next level fuck you chaos causing from Doge and the you know, Trump and the like. So we'll touch in to see just kind of what sort of stupid ideas the right wing media machine propaganda machine is trying to seed into their brains, Like no, it's totally fine that you have no way to be alive anymore. It's actually good. So you know, let's let's look at it that medicine is the deep State. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Actually, we will now face medicine with Meadow Soprano, So just watch episodes of The Sopranos and you know, hopefully you will do a lot better. We may also touch on the Great Golden Toilet Robbery, which is just now the trial is going underway.
Speaker 1: And also that was actually Matt's nickname in high schoolt Yeah.
Speaker 2: And because you know, we were actually just talking about Jeff Bezos aka sex Luthor, how he thinks he's sexy lex Luthor. It is also unfortunately that comes along with the passing of Gene Hackman, the original Lex Luthor, who was at the moment death is completely shrouded in mystery. So this is a podcast, so we will wildly speculate irresponsibly, So we will look into what is going on there, as well as just checking in with an Oscar front runner that somehow doesn't have any US distribution. It's a doc Some people are saying, well, there's documentary marks just really cooked right now. Other people saying, is it because like they're showing a slice of life for Palestinian people in the occupied West Bank. Is that Oh it's good, but it's but it's nominal. It's an oscar front runner, not I no, no, no, no, it's just not an appetite for it.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about all of that and so much more. But first, Vince, what's something from your search history that's revealing about.
Speaker 4: Who you are?
Speaker 1: I searched how to fix iPhone charge report? Oh, because I don't know if you guys have this problem. But the thing's always loose. Makes me crazy. I'm trying to drive around in my car, but it's like falling out and loose. Yeah, it's loose. It doesn't you can't. The thing's always falling out, and it's like the like the number one thing in my life that you got.
Speaker 4: You got a bloody iPhone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened? What happened? You dropped a bunch? Never, I'm like, no, that ship is not is in there?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: How new is it mine?
Speaker 4: It's loose like a Matt's mom.
Speaker 2: I mean I had my last one for like four years. Look like the listeners. I told you we are infusing two podcasts and one I know Jack, Jack and I usually don't trade insults over the different show.
Speaker 1: Today, Sorry, I got flustered and just it's just like my based on that stand, couldn't let it stand.
Speaker 2: I mean, how do you so, what do you do? Put a bunch of glue in there? What I am? I sprayed?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what you're supposed to do. That's the other thing that you google did, but you didn't read the result that you have. None of them were good answers. It was like clean it out. I'm like, yeah, I've already cleaned it out.
Speaker 2: But it's loose. You're out what I'm saying. It's loose. It's not dirty, it's fucking dirty.
Speaker 4: There's like but yeah, there's space in there.
Speaker 2: They're moving around, chio integrity is compromised.
Speaker 4: Well, it's older. As things get older, they get looser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it's not that old. It's like a fourteen.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean everything fucking sucks now.
Speaker 4: So everything sucks.
Speaker 1: Number one being that you can't google something and find out the answer anymore, right. Number two that you just have to like buy different products from China and hope one of them works, right, because like you know, you buy the iPhone plugs, some of them work, some of them don't.
Speaker 4: You don't really know what one and it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you just got to test it out see which one actually works here?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 4: Right? Oh shit.
Speaker 1: That's one thing you should know about me is that I complain about everything. Like I'm seventy five years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't look at day over seventy four? Man, what's something you think is underrateds?
Speaker 1: I mean, I maybe you shouldn't say this, being that we have a podcast about Prestige TV. I feel like, uh, underrated. You say underrated? Right, underrated? I say going to the movies. A lot of people don't go to the theater anymore. I still do, and I really have come to enjoy it because it's like the only time when I'm like your kids scrolling. Yeah, I'm just not being bothered by things. And most of those things that are bothering me are self induced. But like I can allow myself not to be bothered in a movie theater and it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. Wait, So are you how old is your kid? You said three? Three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have y'all been to a movie yet? We have? Still early? Oh shit? What was I like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I took him to The Wild Robot and he had a great time. He stayed and watched the whole movie. He ate an entire thing of Sour Patch kids and drank an entire icy And when we got home, as soon as he walked in the door, he puked on the floor of the and it was blue.
Speaker 2: It was great, And you're like, yeah, he's like, what'd you do? We went to the park? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were at the library, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just sure, we should make called a doctor. Whatever you do.
Speaker 4: We were learning, for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: It actually wasn't It wasn't like a huge, you know, Exorcist style. It was just like a little one.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't a Baja blast. No, it was I actually didn't know he did it blast. I didn't know he did it until he said I threw up. And you're like, oh, oh, yes, there's blue on the floor. That's not just a new catchphrase you're trying out. That is very right. That is blue vomit. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Vince? Yes, television? Not you not TV? What are you doing? Not these TV podcast?
Speaker 2: Celebrity hosted podcast TV.
Speaker 1: No, it's just, uh, it feels like homework now you can't. It's just every It's just there's there's a bunch of different shows on a bunch of different channels, and you can't I remember which one and like where you're watching each of them and how far you're in. It's just a it's too much. It's like my brain, my ad D brain. It's having a lot of trouble with these days.
Speaker 2: I think like I maxed out at whatever the program offerings were around two thousand and six or seven. Oh yeah, I was around like when I'm like, yeah, bro, I'm up on everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was our most things. That was like every show was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Oh, maybe that's what I'm thinking bad. Yeah, what happened to when it was good?
Speaker 1: Although they still knew they were making TV back in the day. And now they're like, we're going to make the twelve part movie and I'm like, guess what, That's not how I'm watching it. And now I don't know what's going on in sevens anymore. And I don't feel like going back to try and figure it out. Too complicated. I'd lost.
Speaker 2: Is there like a I mean, Vince and Matt, like, you guys, are you talk about hashtag content a lot? Is there a phrase for like this feeling? Because I think I talk about this a lot. So I don't know half of them Marvel films because there's too many came out and I'm like, yeah, Bros. At a certain point, the discourse just takes off, and I'm like, wero, I'm not putting in the fucking effort to be able to participate because I didn't care enough to begin with. But like the that feeling of being overwhelmed by the amount of fucking TV and streaming shit that is, and you're just like, I fuck it all. Actually, I'm gonna watch old episodes of some other shit. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we're all siloed like in our different you know, content bubbles, and I think like we've maybe passed peak Piggy, like a few years ago, because like at a certain point, like Marvel stopped making movies that were supposed to you know, I mean, they still want them to be big events, but they listen to the piggies way too much. So now they are like strictly for like the hardcore Marvel Piggy that really.
Speaker 4: The hogs are in control of the of the slot factory. The hogs are at the wheel of the tractor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so like you end up having way too much content out there that's all shitty and is all What's worse is it it's all interconnected. So in order to understand one piece of slot, you have to already be familiar with the previous slot portions.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's just and if.
Speaker 1: You're watching a Marvel movie, like you kind of judge the reactions of the people around you to figure out if you're supposed to know a character that shows up on social.
Speaker 4: Cues to understand Superhero movie.
Speaker 2: You know, I was forget. It's like the kind of share like a character will come in like peak their head and be like, oh sorry and close the door, and it was.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm You're like.
Speaker 1: They've been doing that with the goddamn Winter Soldier for like the last ten years. Every single time I've seen him on screen, there's been like this reaction where everybody's like, oh my god, it's Bucky Barnes.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: Why am I.
Speaker 3: Supposed to know that? I'm only Marvel? I know is from season one in Flavor of Love. That's right, that's right back again, TV, back to two thousand and six. I'm stuck nineteen years ago. You should try it out, gen Z.
Speaker 1: You know what though, like the whole country is stuck in that era, because that was the era of programming that gave us The Apprentice, which essentially created the myth of Donald Trump. Like before that, like he was a failed businessman. They went into Trump to I just read the book about one of the books about Trump. They like the producers of that show went into Trump Tower and they're like, man, it smells like mildew. The carpet is worn out, Like this places a piece of shit. They had to rebuild it as like a TV set for a show about a successful businessman. And that's like the basis of his entire persona now.
Speaker 2: Rather than like the office of like a tow truck yard. Yeah, the fuck is that?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: I got some old nachos in here.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, it's like your but I'm trashy. Oh, don't go into that room. It's just double quarter pounder wrappers.
Speaker 2: And also just the tostata. Just the bowl part. I'd like to think the cornbowl. You can reuse the bowl, the corn bowl? Bring me another cornball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a list? You can finish your corn ball? Can I have it?
Speaker 1: I can't do the accident as well as accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Oh have you seen that dude who's recently killing it with the elon?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that dude's amazing.
Speaker 2: Who is that guy brow that ship? I was like, you have fucking I have not seen it? Oh here, I'll play it.
Speaker 4: I'll have you not seen that?
Speaker 2: Get it? You guys have the way your arm there, Steve.
Speaker 4: I was trying to make sure you knew that I just doing the pun.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is this guy Alex Byron. Yeah, yeah, it's not really about that. You expect everything to be easy now on Mars, it's gonna be really hard, you know, So people are gonna wish their AIGs. It's so, what's a really good point. It's just yeah, every it's the funny. I think every Trump administration brings up like the rise of the people who are just killing the fucking accents. It was a tamanik last time. Yeah, and now it's this guy. Anyway, let's take a quick break. We'll come back to talk about oh yeah, fucking right wing shit all right, right after this, and we're back. So it seems like the last week the Trump administration has actually managed to make some of his supporters question what the fuck is he doing with the full on Dodge Doge assault on federal workers. We saw a lot of town halls that were going completely the wrong way for you know, the Republicans who thought, they're like, bro, my district's so red, they're gonna come in and be like those those those those and they're like, hey, what the fuck happened? My kids lost their job, I lost my job, were gonna lose our jobs? What the fuck is happening? Now these town halls have turned into screaming sessions, and it seems like some of the common MAGA voters are beginning to actually feel what some of these cuts are doing. Polling has not really moved in any significant way because I think as it stands, only about thirty technically around thirty thousand jobs have been cut like cut cut, but I'm sure that will widen as more of these cuts hit more people. But these uh, you know, misinformed voters unfoord. They voted for low prices, but completely missed all of the other relevant details that indicated that this regime has no interest in helping anyone except themselves. And now there.
Speaker 4: Many times you can get fooled by the same guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, on either same lines.
Speaker 4: I mean it's almost yeah.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, wait, is this your first presidential election? Like, is that doing the thing that he said he'd do? This is why I voted. You're like, oh, my sweet sweet child, my sweet November child.
Speaker 4: Weren't you.
Speaker 1: It's also instructive for the Democrats, where it's like how many times you have to see a guy promise something that he has no intention of doing before.
Speaker 2: You also start making some good promises. But if they're not doing it, why should we that? Like, again, the Republicans enable the Democrats' worst impulses just to fucking not do anything because like, at least we're not them.
Speaker 3: No, it's the only thing they're gonna learn from this is they're gonna be like, you know, the reason people didn't like Donald Trump this time around is because he kept trying to do things. So we're gonna do the opposite of that and not do anything. Yeah, it's like, no, do something good.
Speaker 2: We need to like impeach Hakeem Jefferies. Oh my god, I can't handle hearing this guy talk and be this is the this is the most shook person I've ever seen, never my life, is it? Like?
Speaker 3: Who who trained like media trained him to be like, you know, all right, So what you're gonna do is you're gonna go on these shows and when they ask you, what are you gonna do about Donald Trump? Make sure you let everyone know that you're scared and there's nothing you can do and just start trembling and I'm powerless.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Second of all, I just pissed my pants and I got no leverage.
Speaker 2: First of all, I have no leverage. Second of all, it's not pissed. It's not pissed.
Speaker 4: Somebody else pissed off my pants.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Minority leader Jeffries.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I hate I have not heard him talk. Do we have like a clip or something like? I honestly like I don't think.
Speaker 3: I like, I've read really about his voice, about everything he says, just like a long nothing.
Speaker 4: It's a long nothing.
Speaker 3: That's that is, you know if condensed is we can't do anything, that we have no power and and sort of implying and it's your fault everyone who didn't vote for you know, uh, the either Kamala or Biden or any or anyone.
Speaker 2: It's just this is this is pretty good. This is where Hakeem Jeffries is like, oh, I can do nicknames too, I'm witty.
Speaker 7: Oh god, Chaos and extreme bag. Republicans spent Captain Chaos last year promising to lower the high cost of living and running away from Project twenty twenty five as.
Speaker 4: If it didn't exist.
Speaker 2: Sorry, one more time, Captain Chaos. Okay, Captain Chaos. Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, we love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah there and then yeah he goes into Project twenty five, which is my favorite thing. Like they spent the whole election season like pumping that. It's like that name doesn't mean anything to people, Like that name means that you have to do your homework to figure out what it is. No Americans do homework like that is our basic we.
Speaker 2: Know this homework. We keeat in America. That's what we've been trained to do. This is another one where they're like, what if like Andrew disgraced Governor Andrew Cuomo like entered the mayor's race. This is Geme Jeffries on that Andrew.
Speaker 6: Komo is potentially going to jump into the mayor's race as early as this week. You've seen at least one of your colleagues here on the Hill endorse him. You called from the resign a few years ago. Should he be engaging in the manor sax.
Speaker 7: I haven't had a conversation with Governor Cuomo at this point. I do look forward to speaking with him sooner rather than later, if in fact he's going to jump into the maze race, and then we'll take it from them.
Speaker 6: Would it be good for New York if he did?
Speaker 7: I think it'd be a candidate that a lot of people, as I've heard from the district that I represent, would be very interested in.
Speaker 4: Checking out Jesus Christ. Why do we what? What?
Speaker 3: Like? Invertebrates? Yeah, invertebrates they're all jellyfish.
Speaker 2: They're full. But not even a man of war, not even a man a war, not even the scariest, but the ones they're smoking weed and finding nemo shit.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the style of talking where you were like you were saying like, I don't know, we'll take that under consideration, but you stretch it out into like four sentences and you're doing you're you're using lots of like hand signals, like you're using hand signal to underline the idea that you don't know, and you don't can't answer that.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a lot of words for I'm scared and I just pissed myself.
Speaker 2: Some of these politicians they've just been doing this for so long, they've completely just lost touch with how to just speak normally. Yes, I feel like even Hakeem Jeffreys, even if he like probably been like hell no, Andrew Colemosin, even if he did that, that's not his first thought. It's the first thing is like programming, go behay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So the GOP right, there's clearly a growing number of people like GOP voters are definitely souring on Musk, Like specifically, you see movement in polls that are saying, people like Dode, what the fuck is Musk doing? The stuff? With Trump? Not so much like there's there's a lot of polls that show there's very little movement again because I think a lot of these a lot of people haven't quite realized what is about to happen, especially now with this new budget resolution that's been passed. But it's clear now that the propaganda machine has very clear orders to manufacture consent for these this fucking again austerity measures. It feels like a euphemism to even call it these austerity that.
Speaker 4: Like he implies that they have.
Speaker 2: A money Yeah right, yeah, well that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to save money, you could cancel like one of Musk's government contracts that he makes the majority of his living from.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're like, it's like it's like you have like there's like an annoying hum coming from a light in the house, and like what if we just cut the transmission line to the house. Yeah, it's like that's how we can solve it. I I don't know whatever. And in a way, I think, you know, obviously these very wealthy people will benefit from all the cast But I just want to touch on a few things that I've just seen it last day. In USA Today, there's an op ed that's basically telling people, like, you know what, like what Trump and Musk are doing is great, ignore all the haters. I believe the headline is tune out media hysteria. Those is exposing absurdities, and Americans support it.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, I love USA Today, my number one trusted news source for what's happening in the USA.
Speaker 2: For people who wake up at a holiday in express, it is our number one paper? Do they still print or at this point are they just all I think it's like so they still do yeah, I mean because I think they were the first one to have like color, right, and that's why claim to like, we're the first thing to use color printing, but then we stopped because of DEI you know. Yeah, so this is this is just one of the sentences in here that is so aimed squarely aimed at Republicans who might be questioning what's going on. Quote change is hard, Losing your job is very hard, So it's understandable why many federal workers are feeling attacked. About thirty thousand employees have lost their job so far. However, it's you and I who pay their salaries, and it's past time to ensure that our tax dollars are used in the best possible way. I'm sorry if you're the person that, Okay, sure, they're making this about again wanting to pay the entire federal workforce as just loafers and people who are just siphoning money out of the economy rather than the people at the top who are actually doing this right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really roundabout way, like for politicians to lay blame on themselves without blaming themselves. They're just like, yeah, you're right, there is a problem with the federal government in Washington. And no it's not us who all live off the teet of lobby money. No, no, no, no, it is the person who works at cubicle answering phone. Yes, it is everything that the government funds that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: How do you do that? Who's anyway? So again we're seeing every kind of logic being wheeled out. So next I want to touch in with Jesse Waters, who's obviously one of the eight our time, yeah, and one of the you know, the I think most respected intellectuals on the right at the moment. Absolutely, this is him just basically trying another version of like why do we need people who work for.
Speaker 4: The federal government at all?
Speaker 2: This time he's attacking park rangers.
Speaker 4: The bear the bears.
Speaker 8: So when you go camping in a national park, judge, the first thing you do is you go to the park ranger and ask should I feed the bears?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I did a little research on bear attacks and fatalities in North America during the pandemic. We shut down the national parks and we didn't have a single park ranger. How many people died from bear attacks that year when there was zero park rangers one American?
Speaker 4: Well, there's zero people in the goddamn parks.
Speaker 1: He learned that the main thing that park rangers do is keep people from getting eaten by bits because he's watching fucking yogi bears.
Speaker 3: He's like, we all know what park rangers do is they get their picnic baskets.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's what they do. They prevent us from getting people's picanic baskets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, guess what, they keep feeding the bears inadvertently, and they're getting fat off that those fat bears.
Speaker 1: Was where in a tie, like he's clearly made an industry out of this.
Speaker 2: And he had one of those like straw hats that you see people wear when they usually got like the what's that thing on their arms the garters on their arms and they're like in a acappella band. Anyway, this logic is so flimsy too, to be like, well, the parks were shut down, but again, does it mean people were going to Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, literally, they weren't going to the fucking parks. It was a goddamn pandemic like it is just and he died.
Speaker 2: Okay, well go on, let's please please lay out your infallible logic one more time, Jesse.
Speaker 8: All of the park rangers the next year, four thousand park rangers. You know how many bear attacks one The amount of park rangers has nothing to do with how many people's lives they saved from bear attacks.
Speaker 2: How did you get on bear attack?
Speaker 4: Did we start with bears? Why did we start with bears?
Speaker 2: That's the question, I'm sure because this when they are on the five, it's like, you know, Judge drunk Ass is probably saying like yeah, they're like, thank you your honor, thank you your honor. Yes exactly, that's that's what I mean. The bears are attacking. Yeah, No, they don't just do that. I think anyone who's been to a national park or every or fucking even needed the help of a park ranger, probably because you're injured or fucking you know, some of the heat exhaustion. You know, thetice they do. They maintain the fucking parks, and shit crazy to try and reduce that job to being like they are the bear pointer outers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're the bear police. That's also like I would imagine a bear attack usually happens like near your house, where like bears are coming to try and get food, and you don't face that problem in a national park because you're not allowed to pull the house there. I'm like, the fucking point of it, God damn it, because I feel like I feel.
Speaker 2: The other thing you'd say is, I'm sure people have seen videos where people like are at Yellowstone or something like trying to hug a fucking buffalo or some wild dumb this summer. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And then you're like, yeah, it's because dumb fun want to try and do shit like that and disturb the wildlife and probably end up getting themselves fucked over real good by gigantic animal. You need people to unfortunately not just be like beware, but to also keep idiots from hurting themselves. All that to say, yeah, they're just they they point at bears and there's four thousand of them and they're not needed, so don't cry over them.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now listen, you guys. If you guys want to take if you guys want to be the party of taking selfies next to bears, I think that is that is the what.
Speaker 4: That's what you should do.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 4: You don't need to know Park Granger telling you what to do.
Speaker 1: Just go right up to that elk, get yourself a selfie, and if anybody tries to tell you not to do that, they're woke and.
Speaker 4: You should try.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, thank you. Let's move on to our next example, because everyone is getting in on this because again, it's so fucking unpopular to take away programs that people fucking rely on to survive, like Medicaid. So here is Ben Shapiro now doing his putting in his shift to tell people like Medicaid, Medicaid is like not even like a four month an insurance. Okay, here's Ben Shapiro with his bullshit.
Speaker 9: Are truly atrocious, just in speaking in terms of public policy, speaking in terms of health outcomes, there's some good studies that actually demonstrate that Medicaid coverage is no better than you having no coverage and just going for emergency care to the hospital.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 9: Because the reimbursement rates on Medicaid are so low that doctors don't even take Medicaid. Good doctors don't like taking Medicaid because the reimbursement rates are pennies on the dollar of what they could earn from private insurance.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I went to the emergency room with a little toy car in my butt that someone put in a condom for a bit we are doing, and the guy wouldn't even see me because I had Medicaid. Again, what the fuck is he saying? His quote is there's some good studies that actually demonstrate that medicaid coverage is no better than you having no coverage and just going for emergency care to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Which is is I broke my arm when a toadchool f on me and I tried to her.
Speaker 3: And also, just for the record, it wasn't a toy car. It was a Ben Schapiro sized car in my botty hole. It was in my treehouse making cookies.
Speaker 2: We were working on a new recipe of el fudges.
Speaker 3: But like literally, like, so, my daughter is on Medicaid because she's little and because you know, podcasting doesn't pay the bills, and it's like the idea that she would be better off with no health insurance is absolutely insane, completely insane.
Speaker 4: It makes classic sense.
Speaker 1: This is the classic playbook, is that they get into power and they make sure things don't work, and then they then they cut those things by saying they don't work. It's like, okay, like you go in and you cut the funding out of something and then and then you're like, see it doesn't even it's not even good for anything, So now we can just kill it completely.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I don't know, that's gonna be hard when sixty to seventy million people are on Medicaid and they're not gonna be like, yeah, dude, I'm better off not having this shit. Finding me that person, find me that person. Truly, I'm sure you can find somebody who's an opportunist and just sell their own soul out, just as they get on Fox. But like again for other research Ben has here, Well, here's another piece of research. Ben, Okay, a large body of research shows that medicaid beneficiaries have substantially better access to care than people who are uninsured, who are also primarily low income and are less likely to postpone or go without needed care due to cost, as federal rules generally limit our out of pocket Medicaid costs.
Speaker 3: So yeah, not only that, but also like the Medicaid, at least for my daughter, is better than my fucking private health insurance. Like she like she is getting. It's like the fucking ten dollars copays. Everything is like paid for with this goddamn thing, and meanwhile I get bills.
Speaker 4: For random share.
Speaker 3: I have to go to the doctor every month to get a prescription refilled because they won't refill it without me coming in, So I gotta do a thirty dollars to pay just so I can get the medication that is also thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this fucking it's It's also like, oh, well, doctors don't want to take that because you know they have they don't get enough reimbursement, and their student loans are too high they have to keep paying them back.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, well let us cancel the student loans. Yeah no, no, no, we can't or.
Speaker 2: Maybe change this, like predatory healthcare system were even a thing. We're like, well, we're we're not going to make enough money helping this person.
Speaker 3: So no, you're the government, you decide how fast you can reimburse the doctors.
Speaker 4: The thing is is they make that shit impossible.
Speaker 3: They did the same thing with the Obamacare and the the Affordable Care Act, where like now people aren't taking covered California because it takes too long to get reimbursed. The only reason it takes too long to get reimbursed is because the people in charge of doing the reimbursements are the ones who are fucking like, hey, let's get rid of this goddamn you know, ACA, let's get rid of Obamacare, let's get rid of Medicaid and Medicare.
Speaker 2: Again, just another stat outside of you know, his very fucking nonsensical argument that it's not good healthcare. Sixty three percent. As of July twenty twenty four, Medicaid was the primary payer for sixty three percent of nursing facility residents. Yeah, so fuck like again, this is this is so fucking diabolical, and these are the facts that people really need to understand, Like, these cuts are going to lead to people literally, you know, dying. Yeah, that's just that's there's no way to cut that. And all these using words like savings to completely obscure their policies are saving what.
Speaker 3: No one is getting money from this except for you guys being freeing enough money for another Starling contract.
Speaker 4: It's so fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And uh, yeah, you know, and these all these people, to the man everyone you just played, they also coincidentally have some really strong words about Luigi Mangioni and do not understand why people like him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is why caping for the wrong people always at least they're consistent. And again, you know, like the logic here is and I encourage all listeners to have confrontations with people that are like, no, it's actually good, okay, and how are how are they gonna what do you mean? This is just gonna go to the wealthiest. So if these programs are gone they don't need funding, which they don't need funding, they can they can basically say they can justify doing ship like well Musk and Bezos. You don't need them to pay their fair share at all because there's just no need for it because these programs are gone. That's what the fuck we're talking about anyway. So I don't know what the silver lining is here, but I feel like I don't know the Gilded Age led to, you know, just a huge spike in popularity and socialist policies.
Speaker 3: Up until the New Deal. I like to go the right way. The optimism is, well, it's always darkest before the dawn. When's that fucking dawn coming, Miles, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Well, it will come. It's gonna be here. Don't just fucking just wait a little bit. Okay, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back to just swing our focus to Tinseltown for a moment, because there's a lot happening there and we're back so again just wild. We were just talking about Lex Luthor and evil people and just the greatest Lex Luthor of them all, Gene Hackman, passed away. This is a very again this as this we found out maybe hours before recording this, because you know this is this is when it was all announced. But he passed away at the age of ninety five years old, you know, legend in the game, and the circumstances around the death are bizarre and also very tragic. He was found dead in his New Mexico home along with his wife, who is sixty four years old, and like one of their dogs also passed away. To two did it? There's a search warrant that you know, I think tmzre when somehow they just get this shit, they're like, well, according to this legal toutchment, we were able to find the desks were quote suspicious enough in nature to acquire a thorough search and investigation. There's things that like people had come to the home and found them sort of around the house dead. They found that, you know, there was like some pills scattered on the counter. There was like a heater moved. People aren't quite sure what is going on, Yo, that's crazy. Said, No, foul play is suspected at the time, but again they're also there what they said, there were no signs of a carbon monoxide leak, which I think is what most people would be like, that's probably.
Speaker 4: What That's what I thought. They're saying, there's no signs of it. Now I really don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's crazy if it was an.
Speaker 3: Assassination, because no, like I mean, Gene Hackman was already nine five is just wait a week.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Gene Hackman died and then his wife may have gotten depressed about it, because they said there was a bottle of prescription pills out on the counter, with pills scattered everywhere. They weren't found for a while, like the one dog. They said, at least right, it was more than that. I think he said she was like partially mummified or something like that, like, uh, what there was like she'd.
Speaker 4: Been dead a while, the dog that died. I don't think, I know.
Speaker 3: I don't think I know what mummified means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's got toilet paper around her and staggering around trying to trying to choke you. She really wanted wants to get in there. No, I don't know either. I think she was, you know, she was, she was depos been a while. So and then the dog they said was dead was in a kennel. So like if they died a while ago. Uh, and the one dog that died was the one that was in a kennel and get food, I would imagine maybe it just starved because they died hydration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, just like you know, a week Michelle Trachtenberg, Gene Hackman, just a yeah, back to back crazy.
Speaker 4: What what did Michelle Trachtenberg die of?
Speaker 2: They don't know. I mean they she had a liver transplant recently, and so she was she was in poor health, So.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, so she was already sick with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't. I think there was some headline about like the family, Like I think presuming to be fine with that and they weren't going to do an autopsy. But again they happened in.
Speaker 4: Three, So well, who's the third.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't I just we just don't know, and let's not speculate. But again, speaking of punching up and speaking up for the downtrodden, I just want to touch on you know, the Oscars are coming up and one of the favorites to win in the documentary Best Documentary category still doesn't have US distribution. This is the documentary called No Other Land, and it's basically about Israel's demolition of the West Bank village of Masafer Yata and this land was seized and they're like, this actually is our new trip tank training course, not your home. This won the top prize at the Brillianall Film Festival, but even at that time, it's like one. There was controversy around it because the filmmaking team, which includes both Palestinian and Israeli filmmakers, they use the speech to call for a sea spire, just saying where there needs to be a ceaspire, this violence needs to cease.
Speaker 1: Uh and hold did they preface that by saying that Israel has a right to defend itself, and we can.
Speaker 4: We can.
Speaker 3: You can't just say things without first prefacing it with something that defangs the thing you're about to say.
Speaker 2: I was merely just saying innocent people need to stop dying. That's pretty That's literally what I all know.
Speaker 4: You gotta preface it. You gotta preface it or else.
Speaker 3: You know. It's really funny about that Berlin ally thing was I think there was a German politician of some sort or diplomat maybe some German of note who was there who got like just raked over the coals in the German press because she was clapping for them after the screening, and then she clarified, no, no, no, I was clapping for the Israeli filmmaker, not the Palestinian. Literally, that was her explanation for why she shouldn't be in trouble. It's they were standing next to each other like no, no, no, no, no, cover your ears, Palestinian filmmakers, Israel for them, it's for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then it was nominated for an oscar because it's a very compelling piece. Still no distributor in the United States, so the directors have launched basically a self distribution plan that got the film into like twenty three theaters and actually did really well despite this small sort of box office footprint that they had. And now you know, I think a lot of people are not like, as this the Oscar race heats up, it's not really being talked about, but the people that are really pointing out like this isn't some sensational like hit job, Like this is truly just a very just matter of fact documentary. Like the co director, Basiladra, who's in the film, just started filming what was happening around him. That's how this thing started, right, And his hope wasn't to be like, yeah, oh shit, this is gonna get me an Oscar again. It was out of his need, out of his desire to actually have a record of what is happening to the people around him in his community, so it would hopefully inspire the US to change their policies or at least a pressure Israel to stop the expulsion. This was back in twenty nineteen, So now you know, they're really really focused on getting a US distribution deal because again they as they say it, they want Americans to quote see what their money is doing to us. And I think that's really I think it's really powerful because again, in America we are the most propagandized people. We are absolutely they put blinders on very intentionally to many things that are happening, especially when it intersects with US imperialism and hegemony. So yeah, like would be would be a great moment. But anyway, yes, right.
Speaker 4: There's also another wrinkle, which is that gal Gadot is supposedly presenting the Best Documentary Award.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a rumor really no really, yeah, I don't know if it's real, but the.
Speaker 4: Rumor going around just trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Is that gal Gadot is supposed to be, uh the presenter for that category, which everyone is just like the Academy has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever and make her have to say no other land, Yeah it is. You know, this movie, like a lot of movies in this very particular genre or documentaries in the genre is for a for a while now, has been you know, kind of put in the same category as just like.
Speaker 4: Oh, something you upload on YouTube.
Speaker 3: You know, like whenever it comes to movies about what's happening in Palestine, there's always this like you're either you're you're you almost never see why distribution for it, and and it's it's crazy that one can literally be nominated for an Oscar and still people are like, I don't really know if it's any good.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I don't know if anyone wants to see this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone wants to see this very harrowing piece of documentary filmmaking.
Speaker 1: Also, like in the age of streaming, like it's not like it was, you know, eight years ago or nine years ago. It costs you nothing, you don't have to figure out like what theater to put it in. Streaming has like endless, endless lots for documentaries that they you know, they're constantly making and distributing those.
Speaker 2: Well, and like to that point, like Netflix, that you know, has a shitload of documentaries and a lot of people consume a ton of documentary conspicuously purged nineteen films from a collection they had within the Netflix app called Palestinian Stories last fall, and they and their whole thing was just like, oh, the deals lapsed, so like we just that's why they're not there anymore.
Speaker 3: What they did, they laugh, Oh, October seventh is when they lapsed.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, that was just kind of that was this weird coincidence.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. But again, and now like the page for that section just just like intentionally left blank, which is a really fucked up visual, just to be like yikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But again this is also from within the industry. A lot of distributors claim that the directors were offered distribution deals but they were kind of smaller, and that they turned it down because they want to use the lack of distribution access for publicity purposes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is the the the old Hollywood distributing yourself. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is this is what they always this is what they always claim anytime there is an actual injustice. It's just like, oh, well, you're only saying there is because you want a headline. And it's like, no, literally, it is. We are taping you doing injustices. What do we have to do to convince doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm actually doing this because these aren't headlines, right, it's the problem, and I'm trying to bring added awareness to this situation. So yeah, any any oscar any Look, as someone who again I was saying, I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of films that are out. What what wish I watch before the Oscars? What have you seen Anora?
Speaker 4: Yet?
Speaker 2: I saw Nora because I was like, I was like, it's Armenian gangsters in there. Yes, I want to see that as someone grew up in La Like, I was very much like, oh, look at this Armenian representation. I'm like that this isn't something you see much in big movies these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except they're not even really gangsters. They're just like I do for the other gangster with me a lot. They're so bumbling, it's so funny. That's actually pretty much the only one I've seen. I also hear a lot about Conclave.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the top three easily.
Speaker 1: I mean, like all the all the best pictures are like decent, but I feel like there's a clear top three and the rest are like ways behind. Top three are a Nora, Conclave and Nickel Boys to me, and then you know the other ones are there's some other good ones, but I think those are the three best.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Jack keeps saying is like I had a lot of fun watching Conclave. I'm like, it's fun. It is the mean Catholicism so fun.
Speaker 3: Vince, you were saying it's better than two Popes, right, yes, dude, I watched it.
Speaker 4: I was like for.
Speaker 3: They because like, that's my favorite pope movie. Yeah, it's like Goes two Popes, Godfather three, Sister Act one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Pope shows up at the end of Sister Act one.
Speaker 2: I don't know if because how do you feel about young Pope.
Speaker 4: I'm not into young Pope.
Speaker 3: I tried to enjoy Young Pope, but then I was just like he's too young man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's not poping enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which experience is what's happening with Pope?
Speaker 4: With real Pope? Is he dead? No?
Speaker 1: No, he's like and then he's but he's old, but he's so he's like he didn't die.
Speaker 2: He's still showing slight slight improvement is the last thing. Yeah, doing respiratory therapy.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I don't, you know, think he is God or whatever that. I don't know what Catholics they think that. They think that the Pope is like friends with God. Right, yeah, he gets to wear God's favorite hat. Okay, cool, you can't be Yeah, if you wear in that hat, you gotta be tight with God.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, No, one could call me stupid. This is God's favorite hat.
Speaker 2: It's it's like, it's like you're a patched in biker, you know what I mean. It's it's like, Yo, unless you met God, we can't have that shit. You can't have you up for having that.
Speaker 3: Do you talk to God? Well, then take all that mom goals patch. But yeah, like I like, I like this pope. I mean, you know, I don't know much about him, but occasionally he'll say something and I'll be like, oh, it's pretty good for a pope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, which is a very low buddy bar.
Speaker 4: He'll be like, blessing children is bad. I'll be like, oh what.
Speaker 2: Bars spitten fever from over there?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit? Oh man, Well, Vince Mancini, it has been a pleasure having you on the daily Szeitgeist. Man, where do the people find you? Follow you, read you, hear you and all that good stuff? And also, what's a work of media, social or otherwise that you're enjoying work? Oh wait wait wait is this the funny tweet part?
Speaker 4: Or am I just tweet? You just said it? Fancy?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, uh one I liked and this was like unrelated to our conversation before we went on and just what happened to be coincidental. This is a tweet from xmus Lemmings tweet. My favorite Rolling Stones song is dog Dick Man. My favorite led Zeppelin song is dog Dick Woman. I understand, Come on, those both sound like Rolling Stones.
Speaker 2: I know they do. Got a dog man.
Speaker 4: A man.
Speaker 2: Also, there's a.
Speaker 10: There's also an account, right, no, no, no, no, all Well, there's an account that always replies to me on Blue Sky that's called air bud Dwire and uh cracks the name cracks me up every time.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then where do people find you? Follow you and all that other ship?
Speaker 1: You can find me at substack Vincevancini dot substack dot com. I write Olden there, and then me and Matt podcast about mad Men and uh just joking around at patreon dot com slash frotcast.
Speaker 4: That's right, do those things, everybody?
Speaker 2: That's funny, Matt, I just mentioned you. Where do they? Where do they find you?
Speaker 3: You hear in the ex act same place. Listen to mad Yourself a Man. You can find it by typing in pod yourself a Gun. Wherever you get your podcast. It is a TV rewatch podcast and it is fun. Please listen to it. You can follow me on Instagram at matt leave Jokes or on Twitter at matt leb or on Blue Sky also at matt leb Oh. Also, I'm gonna be Francesca Fiorentini, My wife and I are going to be at the Sacramento Punchline on March sixteenth. So if you are going to be in Sacramento March sixteenth, come to the punchline. See myself and previous guest Francesca Fiorentini at the punchline. We also are gonna do in San Francisco at We're gonna be at Cobbs Comedy Club doing stand up May seventh in San Francisco, So also get tickets to that and a piece of media I've been enjoying. I sent this to Vince yesterday. So it is so it's it's both Gay of Thrones slash Sopranos meme. It is uh, it's the scene where Hodor is a kid and he's turning into ho door and he's going hold the door, hold the doll, hold on, but it's instead it says.
Speaker 4: Compa Cola, Compa Cola, compa goula compagla coppa coula compaolo. Double shit.
Speaker 3: I've been laughing at this for twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: She watched the degradation of the go from Copa gombleol grble gool go goole.
Speaker 4: That is, that's now forever. How I'm gonna imagine how Italian American is created?
Speaker 2: Oh shit.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: You can find me on where just everywhere they have that symbols at Miles of Gray. You can find Jacket on the back Skipball podcastles with Jack on Man Boosties. You can also find me talking about ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra. Let's see something I like. This is a video clip that man, I've gotta pull it up because it was just so stupid. It's really only three things this is from It's from at Rick the Squirrel Underscore. It's a compilation of Godzilla getting hit in the balls. And there's just like these moments and these Godzilla movies. For one is he's just getting dropped like Mathra drops him just dick down onto a transmission line. Then he gets a lightning blast and then a stinger in the cross. It's all just very very stupid physical comedy. But look, we love we love a good old physical gag with our boy Godzilla or whoever Godzilla. Maybe. You can also find us at The Daily Zeitgeist on our at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We said, we're also on Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist pretty much everywhere, just search for us. We're there. You can also find us Facebook fan page on a website Gus Conry. Most are episodes and.
Speaker 11: Our footn arts there where you can find all of the articles we talked about, as well as a song we're gonna write out on I'm in a very.
Speaker 2: Unserious mood because of the unserious nature of everything around us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And this track I heard on Instagram in a video that I thought was very funny, and the artist is King Vincey. Whoa, that's that's a bit of a coincidence. But it's spelled kV N g v I n c I uh and it's called Gimme Gimme uh. And it's basically one of those tracks where someone is taking, you know, just flipping a like a viral clip and making it like a really funny just sort of like beat uh, and this one is an African preacher just telling people like abandoned the form of Christianity, which is all about gimme, gimme, gimme. But then it turns into a fucking fire beat and that's incredible. The bars are wild, so anyway, you can find that in the footnotes. Obviously, this show is a production of My Heart Radio. So for more podcasts, get yea iHeartRadio, Apple podcast wherever you get your shows for free, and that's gonna do it for us this week. We will be back this weekend to wrap up all the top moments from the week with the best of show, and then we'll be back Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We will see y'all then, bye bye bye