Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Caylen Lurkey, and Jared Haven an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? And it's my favorite kind of episode. Every single time Jared's gone, I just I feel like I've got the best time of my And I'm just kidding. Actually, Jared's not here this week. He has a Audrey's emergency? Is that what it was? Kaylan?
Speaker 3: I don't actually remember.
Speaker 1: It was something like that, something with work. But he's not going to be joining us this week, So it's just yours truly and Kaylin Cool and Kaylin and the Queen herself reporting live from Palm Springs, California, where she's sunbathing and tennis bawling and drinking non alcoholic rose because that's her thing nowadays. How is how is Palm Springs? You were, uh, the second you got to Palm Springs yesterday, you were very absent from talking to me, which is a good thing. I just forgee, that means you're having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So yesterday flew from Aspen asked been to Denver, Denver to Vegas. Got straight in my car dubbed Palm Springs. It was a long travel day.
Speaker 3: Got there.
Speaker 2: The girls all met for lunch before we checked into the hotel, and I was like, can you just wait a little bit longer. I really want to margarita. So I went stopped hung out with them, and then I got the house. So they were like, we're going to go grocery shopping. You don't know us anything, We're going to get take care of it all, which was super nice of them.
Speaker 3: So then I came checked out the house.
Speaker 2: The house is pretty cool and it's Tyra banks old house, and it feels like Tyra Banks. Like when you're in this house, there's mirrors everywhere. It just feels like she would live here.
Speaker 1: Well that's cool. So at night one was good. It was a success.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really hate being hungover, so I'm trying to take it easy on drinking. And I was drinking a lot of water, a lot of sparkling water.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: I feel great this morning. Also, our my friend gave us these little patches to put on. She's like she typically takes them after she drinks, like the morning after. But we took them put them on our wrists while we were drinking, and I think that helped too. It's like pushing your body with itamins and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever I I don't really drink a lot anymore. I mean sometimes I do, sure, sure, But when I was like in my party days, if I ever remember to either take a couple advil in the middle of the like before going hard or whatever, like you know, at like midnight when you're still like some parting ahead of you, when you still have some parting ahead of you, or you take like some emergency at like eleven PM, so you're like a couple drinks in and you know you're going to be drinking more, and you can like plan ahead like that, which didn't happen often, but every time I did it, I felt amazing. It's like one of those like preemptive just get ahead of it sort of things.
Speaker 3: So it's so smart. It's something we should be doing.
Speaker 1: Every time, right, That's what I'm saying. We should be doing it, But I used to forget. I am I'm a little hungover. I had six beers yesterday, which is a lot for me, and just slept in my truck in the driveway of a friend's house. So just you know, could have been a little bit better of a night for me, but it's good that you have fun.
Speaker 3: Well, there's two things that I want to talk about. One, I was in Aspen.
Speaker 2: We were in Aspen doing our food tasting. But before we get to that, alistair has improved.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I sent Kalen a video. Our friend has a beautiful three and a half year old Golden Retriever and they were playing together yesterday and it was the most cutest, cutest moment. And I texted you that and you just kind of were like, yeah, that's cool. But I know you're busy, but I was like, you don't.
Speaker 3: I was very excited. Are you kidding me? I was very excited. In my text.
Speaker 1: You just sent one line and you said, oh, happy for him or something.
Speaker 2: I said, what with a bunch of exclamation points. I don't believe my eyes. A bunch of exclamation points. Whose dog is that?
Speaker 1: It's okay. I wasn't expecting much because you are on a girl's trip, so I was like, oh, she's busy to it everyone.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, guys, but I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted you to see him having a good time. Yeah, he's doing good. And now he's just passed that next to me, wiped out.
Speaker 2: How did you introduce them off leash?
Speaker 1: Of course I don't think I even have the leash with me.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. But how like how did it go when they first met?
Speaker 1: He just walked into the house together and the other dog was in the house, and he was good right away. He's a good boy, you just especially when he when he doesn't have your nervous energy around him or about him being around to their dogs. He's a good boy.
Speaker 3: So he walked into the house and the other dog was super excited to see him, and he didn't growl, he didn't bark.
Speaker 1: He like growled and barked, but he didn't like bite and lunge. And that lasted for five seconds and then they were totally fine. And then we just like took him in the backyard and you know, alisair played for like ten seconds, which wasn't very long, but ten seconds for his little stubby legs is probably like two hours of exercise for a regular size dog. So he was pretty worked out after that, which was nice. They got along so well, Yeah, he's good. He Austin is like taking a picture of him at one point yesterday and he like freaked out and he wasn't even close to him. He was like three feet away. I think he was just like, you can't take my picture. So that was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did Austin pedimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's sneaking some pets in every once in a while. He's getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're progressing with their aggressive dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's doing good. But yeah, so girls Weekend's good.
Speaker 3: About the wedding tasting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to talk about it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was so fun. Do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: I d share. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: So we flew to Denver two days ago at this point three days ago and drove Dean drove us to Aspen and we saw our wedding venue for the very first time without it being covered in snow. So we got to see kind of how the setup is going to be in a couple months, which was really cool.
Speaker 3: And then we slept at the property. It was it was great.
Speaker 2: And then the food tasting, so, I the way that the setup is with our wedding venue, my expectations for the food were so incredibly low. I was like, it's just a cool concept. Where we're getting married. It's gonna be awesome. The food's probably going to suck, but it'll be fine. And the food was incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fresh farm to table food.
Speaker 3: I got a check from New York as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no, it was great food. And we had like every meal that they offer. There's like four appetizers, one variant appetizer, and then five entrees and then like two desserts. And everything was very very good.
Speaker 3: And we ranked everything. There was a menu in front of us.
Speaker 2: We ranked everything before we ate it what we thought would be like first to last, and then we ranked it after we ate them and didn't show each other, and then we could like decide together based on those rankings what we were going to go with, and it made it pretty easy. Yeah, and we mostly did that. We did that because Dean thinks that I am easily persuaded, which I am, and so right, that's probably why you well, you don't like to ask me. You like to ask me how I like to movie before you answer, because you think that I'm going to change my answer depending on your answer.
Speaker 3: So I figure that's kind of why we did.
Speaker 1: That, right, of course, I don't think that's what you do. That is what you do, that is what I do. So I always try to get your opinion out of you first before I give mine, because I know that mine, good or bad, might sway to yours more than more than and that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: I think you said, I'll go with the flow you know, you take.
Speaker 1: You absorb information, and I think that's a good thing. You know, you you absorb it and you consider it and then you factor that into your answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, interesting.
Speaker 1: But there are certain things like for the food of the wedding, it shouldn't be anyone else's, Like no one else's opinion should matter about your own, Like you should pay the food that you want the most, you know.
Speaker 3: I know I kept thinking that too.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, what if you know this person doesn't eat meat, or we need to have this option, and then I was like, I don't know. Yeah, easily persuaded straight from Dean's wedding boughs. Yeah, but it made it a lot easier just to go through that list not show each other. And it's like the deviled eggs were so good. I got to the Girl's weekend and everyone's like, how is the food? And I'm like, I can't stop talking about the devil eggs. They were insane. Never had devil riggs so good.
Speaker 1: They had a nice caramelized onion on top to provide a nice crunch. Very delicious. So it also picked a nice stuffed mushroom, which typically I would never It was the lowest one on my pre ranking and the second highest on my post ranking, so it was very good. But then the bacon wrap dates were very good.
Speaker 3: But that's where the toss up was bacon wrap dates versus stuff mushrooms.
Speaker 1: What was the last one? A cbch A so vch was good, but it was on a plantain cracker, and the plantain cracker just to have the snap that we wanted it to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the crunch. This is also.
Speaker 1: Crunch snap crunch.
Speaker 3: Pop snap crackle pop.
Speaker 2: And also so there's two tiers for the main courses. There's a skirt steak with salmon that's the less expensive one, and then the more expensive one is a ribbi with stuffed trout. And we liked the less expensive one more and I kind of feel like they're going to switch because everyone liked that more.
Speaker 1: It wasn't stuffed trout. I don't think was it it was. It was it was trout on top of mushroom and caviar.
Speaker 3: It was stuffed. Oh but the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is all the same thing, I guess. But yeah, it was good. It was just a little too heavy on the mushroom. I'm not a big fan of trout and caviar. I don't have a find enough of a palette to enjoy caviar.
Speaker 2: So it was it wasn't caviar. It was row like the orange Sheppy put on top of salmon.
Speaker 1: It was roe. That's right. Maybe it was maybe that maybe roe was caviar though, do you oh maybe, I mean it's fish egg I guess, right, guess.
Speaker 2: But they did put caviar on the menu, and I was like, oh, I'm excited for caviar.
Speaker 3: It's not caviar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so we got skirt steaks salmon.
Speaker 3: And the salmon's from Alaska, so and I don't know, I'm excited about our menu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my gosh. I was at the gas station yesterday and this guy was like staring at me. It's like super tall, goofy looking guy with big thick glasses on staring at me. And I was like, what's up? Man? And he's like he was like kind of scary looking because he's so tall. He's just like, oh, sick truck. I was like, oh, thanks, is that years over there? And he's like, yeah, come take a look at it. And so he like give me thirty minutes of not even like maybe it was like an hour of him like going into great detail about everything he's done to his truck, and it's a beautiful truck. And eventually I was like, how do you like? You know, what do you do for work? If you can afford all these great upgrades to your truck? You own a house and Aspen, you own a house in Jackson Hole. And apparently we went to high school together, but I don't remember. He was kind of like a kid.
Speaker 3: Can you remember that?
Speaker 1: He eventually because Austin was with me too, and Austin knew his sister. But but he was like, oh, I think I've heard of you before, and I was trying to like understand who he was. Never it didn't ever ring any bails. But it turns out he's an artist and he goes around making these giant sculptures of fish out of glass. And I was looking at his sculptures and I was like, oh, Tom and Deerdre would love one of these so much. I have to get one. And I looked at his website and they were like eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, is it like that glass blowing thing or how does he do it?
Speaker 1: I thought it would be that glass blowing, but it's not like blowing. It's just I don't really know how glass sculptures work, but they're pretty. They're pretty cool. I was thinking about I want to get one for them, but there's no way I could afford it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good gig two thousand dollars per sculpture.
Speaker 1: There's got to be something else he's got. I was like, you know, he's got two houses and the most expensive places to live in America more or less, and he's got an eighty thousand dollars truck and he's like going to Turks and Kcos tomorrow. And I was like, dude, you have to be doing something the faiyu is to be able to afford that. You're not paying for this just by your glass sculptures. But but yeah, I want to get one of those for Tom and Deirdre as a housewarming gift. Maybe I can finagleo something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they love that. They love their fish.
Speaker 1: So what else are you guys doing out in Palm Springs? Fill us in.
Speaker 2: Well, we were supposed to play tennis, but it's pretty hot, so I think we'll play pickleball. One of my friends brought a portable pickleball net, so we're going to play pickleball on the patio.
Speaker 3: It's covered. And then just tan relax.
Speaker 2: We leave tomorrow, so it's just a chill I keep saying weekend. It's a weekday, but just a chill couple of days.
Speaker 1: How you were there for three nights, two nights.
Speaker 3: Mhmm, yeah, super quick.
Speaker 1: And then you go back to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Then I go to LA, and then I go back to Vegas to La. Oh see friends, work out?
Speaker 3: You know usual, you don't want to be home. I just I haven't seen my trainer in a while. Like to see her. Yeah, my blot's instructor.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha.
Speaker 2: It sounds silly, but there is no one in Vegas that is can compare it to my blot instruct instructor in LA. And it sounds really dumb, but I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Well that's good. You should get a reformer for the house.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't. I need someone to motivate me.
Speaker 1: I could get in there and start parking at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: But also, like her classes are so insanely hard, to the point where I think, like my body's going to break down.
Speaker 3: I would never push myself to that point.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, right, I see what you're saying. It's hard to push yourself to that when you're at home working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we have like a little gym at the house, and I'm like, why would I work out in this gym at the house. And I have so much to do at the house. So like, be on someone else's our time is different for me than being at the house trying to work out.
Speaker 3: That's what I've realized.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a good realization.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel silly for going to La to work out, but I'm also seeing friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I mean, hey, you got nothing like holding you back. You should go and do it and have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe play tennis.
Speaker 2: The guy that Dean was talking about last week that he was falling around like little puppy dog. His wife is here, so we might go play tennis on Saturday. Apparently she's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seems like an athlete. We did beat her at bags, but.
Speaker 3: She seems like she's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a good sign. Yeah, Well, what else is going on in the life of Kaylen? Let's let's let's fill us in. I feel like, you know, I haven't talked to you in all day, so what was the next.
Speaker 2: I woke up this morning, I was like, oh, I missed you so much. I know I saw you yesterday, but it was such a quick trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kaylen left so early from our wedding venue. We couldn't even explored anymore. We got in at night at like five pm, had two hours of photographs test.
Speaker 3: Wait, yeah, we should talk about photographer, the wedding photographer too. I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: And then we had our wedding tasting, and then we went to bed, and then we had to be up at five point thirty to drive Kaalin to the airport. And we didn't even get to enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we had a great time. We enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: We showed up at.
Speaker 2: Four and our wedding photographer came and I think this is the coolest concept ever, so the wedding photographer doesn't like to meet you for the first time at the wedding.
Speaker 3: He likes to build a.
Speaker 2: Relationship and shoot you beforehand so you're comfortable on the day of the wedding. And I think that's so smart. I can't believe more people don't do that. So we met him, hung out with him. It was like photos here. It wasn't like a crazy photoshoot, which I think you probably appreciated.
Speaker 3: But he's nice, he's great.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any of the photos yet?
Speaker 3: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: But I think that's super important to have a wedding photographer you get along with, because if they annoyed the crap out of view or your wedding planter's annoy you, it's just not going to be a super enjoyable day because you're spending a lot of time with.
Speaker 1: Them, and you enjoyed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's great. He's so sweet. Did you like.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, he's great, he's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Give me a real opinion.
Speaker 1: No, he's good. I just it's hard to meet someone for the first time and do something that you really just don't like doing, you know. It's like, but I.
Speaker 2: Think he did a good job. Of like we I don't know, we could have been more photos. It could have been like more painful for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pain either way. So he's a this guy for sure.
Speaker 2: But also we're like looking at the venue technically for the first time. So we're exploring and he's just taking photos of us exploring.
Speaker 1: And you you got angry at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to get the photos over with. I don't like jumping from rock to rock on a river. I always think I'm gonna slip. And Dean was like, just do it, just do it, Just prove to me you can do it. And I'm like, just put your hand out, give me a hand, help me over this freak rock.
Speaker 3: And he was like, no, no, no, just do it.
Speaker 1: You're not giving it. I got I got mad, you're not giving the full context. We were walking through the woods and I was like, let me carry you through the woods. It'll be easier for you to get through. Jump on my back and I'll give you a piggyback round. And you're like no, dress. You were like, no, I don't need your help. You were wearing a long maxi dress. So it went very very far down surprise.
Speaker 3: You know what a maxie is.
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't need your help, and then I was like, okay, fine, you know that's great, good for you. And then we go out on these rocks and it was like a six inches of a gap where you literally can just step across so easily, and it wasn't scary at all, and you were scared. And then you were like, will you just give me your hand? I was like, no, apparently you don't need my help, so let's see if you.
Speaker 3: Can just do it so dramatic.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that's why you weren't giving me your hand, because I would wouldn't let you carry me on your back.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm trying to help out, and you said no to my help, and so I was just making sure that we stuck to that prescription.
Speaker 3: Of you're so stubborn, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You're upburn for yeah?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 1: For all of that too?
Speaker 3: No, I wanted to walk. I wanted to use my own.
Speaker 1: Legs right until it came to stepping six inches across the rock.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get off the stupid river. It was getting cold. I was like, just give me a hand. It's going to go a lot faster if you just give me your hand and I can hop onto this rock in the middle of a river.
Speaker 1: Now you feel like such a bigger person though having done it yourself.
Speaker 2: Now you always say that rock, no, I feel the same size.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you don't. It's hard to like quantify or like recognize the growth that you made in that moment because it was such a you know, quick, little harmless thing. But you know, you.
Speaker 3: Always try to make it something bigger. It's not.
Speaker 1: You do it enough, And even if it's just a little bit, even if it's just one grain of sand on top of a little sand dune, it still adds up. And eventually that sand dune is going to be a little bit bigger, and you're gonna be a little bit more confident. And next time you have to step across the rock that's maybe seven inches wide, you're going to be like, I've stepped across six inches before, I can do seven inches.
Speaker 3: No problem, No incorrect, I disagree.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you don't have to agree. I'm just saying, like it's just one of those things where baby steps lead to big, big changes and in your confidence of doing those things, And like I'm saying, next time you won't even You'll be like, don't help me, I don't even need it, right, I'm doing it for you, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's true for sure.
Speaker 2: Well what else are you most excited about about the venue? We saw it for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cabins are pretty I.
Speaker 3: Liked I sipped really well in the bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're nice.
Speaker 3: Like they're cozy cab cabins.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if we were talking about the cabins, if we were saying that, but whatever.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking. I was just thinking about I was walking around that cabin and like the floorboards were loose and.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like it's a little bit rustic, mountainy, it's but it's They also did a good job of making it comfortable, like it's not supposed to be perfect new modern home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're right, you're right. It was nice.
Speaker 3: Sorry that the floorboards aren't up to your standard.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, floorboards. You want to step on a solid floor. You don't want to step on a creaky, scary floor that might collapse. But hopefully it's warm, because I guess we didn't have the heater on that night, and we were fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't figure out the heater. But or I guess, yeah, but I think it's going to be fun. I slept great, and we slept in like the lowest cabin. There's like tears and we slept was on the lowest.
Speaker 1: It was Oh really, Yeah, So maybe the top tier cabin has solid floorboards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the other ones have like living rooms and kitchens and they're just larger, maybe a little bit better nicer.
Speaker 1: Austin said he stayed up there once over the winter on like a snowmobile trip, and he was like, it was freezing cold, the heater didn't work and insulated very well, and we had a wake up at six am to get ready and go out the day. And he was like it was awful because of how cool it was. But obviously in September.
Speaker 3: Exhausted, he really is just dragging this place down.
Speaker 1: Well, January is just a little different than in September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the last time we saw him he was also saying stuff about it, how it's he'd never stay at that crappy place or something.
Speaker 1: We'll screw him. Yeah, he's don't even freaking invited to stay with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gonna be really fun. I'm excited. It was cool to see it for the first time again without snow.
Speaker 1: It was cool to see it for the first time again without snow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whatever, I don't know. I'm sleeping, my brain's not working. Let's talk about your boys weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, we stayed out until like five am gambling the first night, and so I went to bed at five thirty am. The next night, my friends came and we had a nice, beautiful hotel room at Red Rock Casino to bedroom suite, and they I had two buddies that were staying in the room with me, and I was like, well, I want you guys to have the bedrooms because you know, you're guests in our town, So you take the bedrooms. I'll sleep on the couch. There weren't like any extra blankets, and so I had these long, like these long, narrow blankets that I took from the like the foot of both of the beds that are.
Speaker 3: Just had blankets those just like decore and.
Speaker 1: I would just put one blanket on my right leg and the other blanket on my left leg, like that's literally as wide as they were. I would sleep, So I didn't sleep really well. Those nights either, and then Sunday I slept in our bed, but we had to wake up at like five am to go catch.
Speaker 3: Her plate and then to shoot for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, I spent ten minutes taking of a drone video. Thank you so much for waking up ten minutes earlier. And then the next day we had to wake up again at five thirty am to drive you to the airport for you, because you had to go to the airport for you so much. And then last night I slept in the parking uh what a what was it called the driveway in my truck, and there was like next to a main road, and so like every thirty minutes a big truck would try by jarmy awake. So I just I just had him sleeping very well lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I same.
Speaker 2: The first night, Dean came home at five am, woke me up, tried to cuddle and I was like, it's five am.
Speaker 3: I don't want to cuddle right now.
Speaker 2: And then slept without you for two nights, and then when he came back, Dean like put his arm around me and then just started tapping my head.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, me up.
Speaker 2: And then I slept with a pillow over over my head and Deane just took it off my head in the middle of me sleeping, and I was like, hey, I'm using that. He's like, you'll be fine, took it. It's so rude.
Speaker 1: You weren't using the pillow.
Speaker 3: I'm using it on top of my head.
Speaker 1: What a weird You don't put pillows on top of your head. You put pillows below your head.
Speaker 3: When you're trying to cancel out noise. Yes you do.
Speaker 1: Mmm, well, sorry, I was asleep. I was asleep and didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I haven't been sleeping great either. My sleep score has been the lowest it's ever been. It's at fifty for the past day.
Speaker 1: Blasts Jese Louise.
Speaker 3: For you stealing pillows and stuff.
Speaker 1: Dean did this. Dean made my sleep suck because of this. Dean did this?
Speaker 3: Then, Yeah, I got to hold you accountable whatever.
Speaker 1: I was reading the comments on our Instagram page the other day.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, should we talk about it about how.
Speaker 1: I don't want to celebrate our wedding anniversary and under other celebrator engagement anniversary. Everyone's so mean on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I know that there are two people who understood where you're coming from, Like, you chose a very important date for the date that we got engaged, and I think two people understood that, and the rest of the people were just being so mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: Super mean, And you chose a very non important date. Not that it's not going to be important, but it means nothing to me right now. The date of our wedding literally means nothing to me at the moment. Well it will, yeh will, yeah, it will. So right now, my feelings are the date that I chose is far more important than the date that we were basically given by some people, because that was the date that we had had to.
Speaker 3: Do it, you know, mm hmm yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't know, maybe you weren't being sarcastic, but I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was like obviously hamming it up a little bit for the topic, but like that's just how I feel. I'm sorry. I don't think a random date that was given to us by a property because that was the only available date is important right now because nothing has happened on the date yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but once we get married, it will. But also the people, the things people are saying are just so awful.
Speaker 1: I think it's great that people get so passionate about it. You know, it's fine, No, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't like when people say mean things to you.
Speaker 1: But it's not even like they're saying mean things to me. They're sometimes saying mean things about you to me. You know, Like it's good that it's good that we can evoke some emotion in the podcast. I mean, that's what it is. People have disagreements about certain things in relationships. We just simply share ours publicly and outwardly, and it strikes to court with people sometimes, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with I don't think it's necessarily a disagreement. That was news to me. I was hearing it for the first time with everyone else.
Speaker 1: It was the first time I thought about it. And sometimes I just talk without really fully thinking about things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do that often on here. Yeah, you have there been any headlines about this? Dean refuses to celebrate wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: But I'm surprised that there weren't, just because of the track record of those situations. But I stand by what I said.
Speaker 3: You know, I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: I'll celebrate our engagement date. You can celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with it, because, like, once we get married, that's going to be an important date to you, right, I understand, but you just can't picture that right now.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, that's why I wanted to get married on October twenty fourth, but you wouldn't let me.
Speaker 2: So it would be our guest.
Speaker 3: This would be so small. Who can take off that long?
Speaker 1: If they love us, they would come.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, unfortunately, we already put all the money into this date and we can't change it.
Speaker 1: No. I get that, but you know people are saying, like you say it yourself, I'm stubborn. I need to be able to concede more in certain situations. And it's like, yeah, people, listen, I wanted more than anything to get married on October twenty fourth. I am giving concessions and saying, okay, fine, maybe we can get married in September instead of my least favorite month of the year.
Speaker 3: No, no, you gotta let go of that one.
Speaker 1: Now we have to celebrate a very meaningful day to us in a very bad month. And I'm not a bad month.
Speaker 3: There's one bad date, but it's not a bad month.
Speaker 1: The whole month is sullied by that one bad date, in my opinion, And maybe we can try to resurrect the month of September by starting it with this occasion.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think it's dead. I don't think needs to be resurrected. But sure it's a it's.
Speaker 1: A grassroots movement to just, okay, maybe shine it in a bit of a better light.
Speaker 3: Most people like September.
Speaker 1: No, who likes September. I don't think I've ever even heard anyone sing sing the word September in a song like about waking up or anything like that.
Speaker 3: So, well, that's about waking up when it ends, so oh perfect for you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that should be your first dance song. No, that's awful, that's very funny. I honestly thought he was that's perfect.
Speaker 3: He thought he was hyping up September.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just knew that he was talking about September. Who sings that.
Speaker 3: Third eye blind? I don't know.
Speaker 1: You. Every time I asked who sing something, you default the third eye blind. It's green one day.
Speaker 2: It will be Oh that makes sense? Close close to third eye blind?
Speaker 1: Everyone is close to third eye blind. That's why you can get awayway saying that. Yeah. But yeah, so there's me giving session. I wanted nothing more than to get married on Tuesday in October, and I always told that's a horrible idea, and so I said, Okay, fine, let's do it in September then, because that's what you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited for a wedding, even though it sounds like you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm not excited about the month.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People in the comments were telling me I need to really put you in your place. This is what I but I took away from it and not just giggle and laugh at the things you're saying. But I also know that most of the things you're saying are just like ridiculous, and you're saying it for a reaction. So by putting you in your place, I'm giving you the reaction that you want. By laughing, I'm not giving you the reaction you want. So I'm doing the correct thing.
Speaker 1: Actually, what did dilemma your face to it? Think it's a catch twenty two. If you get if you put me in my place, I am being fulfilled in my quest to get a reaction. But if you laugh. Then it looks like you're not putting me in my place.
Speaker 2: To the like, I'm just passive and I let you do anything. I'm like, oh, it's quite the outs.
Speaker 1: So the thing you don't let me do anything, I am the one doing the thing. Getting married in September for you. When I want to get married in October, that's a big that's a big coggestion.
Speaker 3: You've said that a couple of times. We know that, Actually you say that like every episode of the podcast. We know that.
Speaker 1: But I'm.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get married in September.
Speaker 2: I was like, fine, you hate this month so much, let's just get married in October. I don't want to I don't want to deal with the back and forth of it. So let's get married in October. We go to the wedding venue. I've told this story so many times, but I have to tell it again. We go to the wedding venue and they're like, it's pretty cold in October. You're definitely guaranteed not you're more likely to get leaves changing, which is what you wanted, and better weather in September. So you said, let's doe September. I looked over to you, and I was like, are you sure? Are you sure you want to walk in this date? Because you were very adamant. You're very adamant not having September as our wedding month, and you were like, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: It'll be better weather because.
Speaker 1: I'm so gracious and caring and giving and any that's what you wanted, and I'm selfless, and I was just like, this is for meaings.
Speaker 3: We're getting married in September. So it's like, it's.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's fine, it's fine now. But I'm just saying I feel like I get scrutinized for the things that I do wrong, but I never get any credit for the things that I do right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People are like, there's no compromise, it's Dean's way and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's not true. Actually, I get a lot of things that I.
Speaker 1: Want right, but right we just don't make up expectacle out of the things that you get that you want. We do make aup expectable spectacle out of the things that I.
Speaker 2: Well don't want because you put an emphasis on it. You're the one bringing it up, so it's kind of your fault.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think I need to take like a communication one a one class or something and get.
Speaker 3: Back to college.
Speaker 2: But from someone with a communications degree, I would agree, right.
Speaker 1: I'm a business guy. I only know business numbers, money stats, charts. But all that to say is it doesn't it doesn't necessarily affect me. So I'm okay with I'm okay with it. But the back, you know, it just I don't want it to affect you negatively. So I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: Like you when people are made. But I guess I'll get over it.
Speaker 1: I'll read some more Dale Carnegie or something and figure it out. But but yeah, So that's basically a quick synopsis of our past week. And you know, we're excited to get married in September. Not excited about the month, but excited about the The event will being really nice. And that's about it.
Speaker 2: It was very cool. I mean, the next time we'll be there will be our wedding day. And I feel like the menu tasting was just it was just so fun to be there and like sleep in the cabin before everyone else gets there and scope it out a bit.
Speaker 3: It was cool with you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go back tonight.
Speaker 3: What why.
Speaker 1: Because one of the mountains I want to climb. Is kind of over in that direction anyways, And so I might as well go and do some stuff that I wanted to do before I had to take you to the airport, Like why I want to walk around that aspen grove and see if it's cool enough to consider doing anything over there.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think the one behind the cabin is an aspen grove. I think it's just what's well, she.
Speaker 1: Said, there was a big circle where they could have the ceremony, So I just wanted to go check it out with these things we don't know. You don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, but I would like for Reid FaceTime you.
Speaker 1: If you do that, I'll FaceTime you. I just have your service up there.
Speaker 3: So okay, maybe take photos and videos then never mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, well yeah, so we'll figure it out. I guess we'll get to we'll get to where we need to be by whenever we need to be thereby. That's uh, that's that's great. Great, thanks for the update. We're going to take a quick break and we're going to bring in our guests, and you guys are not going to want to miss these guests. It is Taylor and Sophia Watts. You've probably seen them on TikTok. They are a young married couple and they are very, very cute. Come back on Thursday and we'll talk to them on Thursday. So stick to stick around for that, stick to it, stick tuned, because maybe we'll suck a little bit less. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at being.
Speaker 2: Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.