Speaker 1: If you're only on four episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race, how did you become so popular just off of those four episodes?
Speaker 2: It really is just as soon as the cameras go on, get your screen time.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get back to how you supplemented your income.
Speaker 2: I started doing sex work because I had a friend that did sex work.
Speaker 1: Is sex work a nicer way to say prostitution?
Speaker 2: I mean you could say prostitution. I think it's more of a fun word.
Speaker 1: Pasha Cash Show, Tosh Show Show, Welcome to Tash Show. It's Valentine's Day, Eve. I hope everybody's all horned up ready for the big day tomorrow. Make sure you stored up. Don't release today, just keep it all pent up until tomorrow. Then hit your loved one with all of your goodness. I've got no plan for Valentine's Day? How about you, Eddie? Nope? Nothing. What are you watching lately? Watching A We're watching beef on Netflix. I'm already irritated. I'm watching beef on Netflix. Everybody has to say, like, I find it so annoying what you're watching, and then they have they say what they're watching, and then what platform it's on I don't know why that bugs me. Everybody's and then they all that one's seems to be very popular. But people always try to say something you've never even heard of. There's too many platforms, epics. You watch anything on epics. Name one show that comes out on epics. Hold on, Eddie, you name one person who's watched a show on Epics, and I'll interview them on this podcast. Oh, I'm watching Diarrhea of a Handyman on Rumba. Oh really, I never heard of that. No, No, Diarrhea of a Handyman. It's good. It's on season two on Rumba. Is the Vacuum? Yeah, yeah, you know that they're they're producing content now you should check it out. You know, I watch uh, I watched that Loopen that that French heist show. It combines two things that I find irritating, magicians and the French language. This guy's always he's got disguises and nobody ever recognizes him, not even his wife and kids. You know, he puts on the crazy makeup and he becomes a different person. Meanwhile, they they played he's a black gentleman, and they played the joke like all black people look alike. They've made that reference to that before, that racist stereotype. This guy doesn't look like anyone you've ever seen ever. He has the most unique face. His body is huge, he hunches forward, so anytime he's in disguise, and then just walking around the city as the biggest, you know, art thief in the history of the world, it's like, well, it's that fucking dude right there. Oh yeah, now he has gray eyebrows on, but it's still the same guy. It's like when SNL, you know, they've they always have like a twenty something year old cast, and then when they dress up like old people, You're just like, well, that's just a fucking that's just one of the kids dressed up like an old person. I'm just, I'm just I feel like lou Pen should have been arrested anyway. I don't I don't get it. I don't get it all yet. I watch it mainly to work on my friend. Let me tell you another thing that I watch. I know, I know this isn't a recent release, but I just watched it, and I only have one thing that I want to talk about, the little mini series Hijack on Apple. I only had one problem with it, and it's it's at the beginning when they kind of they've got some dirt on the pilot to get him to open the emergency door for the whole thing to take place. He's he's got to flip a switch to open open this door. But the co pilot, a woman, is not gonna let him so, and he's like, no, no, I'm going to and she's like, I'm not gonna let you. So he takes like a metal thermis and just beats the shit out of her. This is my only problem with the whole show, which none of it is plausible, but this is why not instead of just beating the shit out of her so that you can flip this switch above your head, you just take one arm and hold her arms and flip the switch. That's my issue with that. What else? We we got a new segment on the show. You ready for this? It's called Hello from Toss Show. This is where I say hi to one of our subscribers. Okay, who do we got here? Doctor Jocelyn in Charlotte, North Carolina. I know you're listening. I'm told, do you drop off your daughter at preschool and then listen to us on your way home. Well, we're happy to have you as a subscriber. Also, we've got Bertha in Manitoba. Oh, she's old as fuck. That's nice. She's missing a finger. Well, I'm sorry to hear about that, Bertha. I hope it wasn't an important finger. And say hi to Stephanie in Lakewood Ranch, Florida. She's a stay at home single mother of two. Well that's confusing. I mean, it's not confusing to be a single mother, but just stay at home and single. That's a quite a drain. It's a luxury you get to stay at home and be single, and usually it's one of the other. You don't get both. Whatever, let's get to it. Today's guest, Oh, I was on another great TV show, Eddie RuPaul's Drag Race. You watch that show that is still in the queue, Still in the queue, still in the que You gotta move that up. Enjoy Pasha. Okay, if you're anything like me and my guest today, you've made a career out of dressing up like a woman, Please welcome the beautiful queen herself. Rock.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you so much for having.
Speaker 1: Me my pleasure. My first question that I ask all my guests. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 2: I absolutely believe in ghosts. Okay. So, I don't know how much background checking you did, but not much. Okay.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I used to live in San Francisco and I lived in an artist commune with twenty three other people, and it was located in an old converted nunnery, so where nuns lived, where they ate, they drank, they probably died, masturbated, most likely. Yeah, there were odds everywhere. I thought, you think they do absolutely really? Yeah, I think I bet they don't. I don't think they do it with their hands. I'm sure they just like sit on a really rigid chair or something like and just grind it, grind it on the side. Yeah, that's more holy, that's more.
Speaker 1: Tell me so that all these non spirits were in your building?
Speaker 2: Oh okay. So I used to have a room that was next to the old chapel, which was like really small, really cold, San Francisco. No one believes in central heating or anything like that. One night, I was alone, okay, in the space, and books started flying off the shelf straight at me, straight at me, I swear to God, And one of them happened to be a Bible.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that doesn't, If that doesn't scare us straight, nothing will. Where are you from?
Speaker 2: I'm from Santa Clara, so like the Silicon Valley.
Speaker 1: I know you're not supposed to ask a woman in age, But what am I looking at right now?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thirty two?
Speaker 2: That's exactly I'm about to turn thirty two, like a month, right right on the head. Seriously. Okay, what about me reads thirty two?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just the experience of northern California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: Did you say hella growing up?
Speaker 2: I absolutely said hella growing up? Oh my god, Rock?
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to only call you rock?
Speaker 2: You can call me so. My full name is rock M soccera. You can call me Rock. You can call me Soccra, you can call me rock M. You could say anything. People call me Shakira because they can't pronounce soccera. Oh that's fine.
Speaker 1: Shakira is rich and you are in your ethnic background? Is Filipino? Is that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Filipino? Vietnamese? I just did it twenty three and mes recently did it work? Yeah, it came back and it had results. Okay, and I had gonorrhea so it was like, yeah, it's okay, it happens.
Speaker 1: Of course it does, but they shouldn't tell you that way.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was like thirty percent Swedish and seventy Percentnerieah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. I did one of those before. I just wanted to. I was. I was just hoping that I was something more interesting than I am, like fucking white, like it's a white to.
Speaker 2: Come back, and it was just a middle fingers.
Speaker 1: Face elitist prick.
Speaker 2: Steve Jobs, what is what the fuck does this mean?
Speaker 1: You are gay? Ish? Interesting? Let's talk about your childhood for a moment. Up in northern California. What was your childhood?
Speaker 2: Like? I grew up in kind of like a mobile home park, so most people call it a trailer park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'd call it.
Speaker 2: But I was really heavy into video games, were you? Yeah? But I was really heavy into Nintendo and like Mario Kart. Funny enough, like it translated into like my adult life, Like when I was like maybe nineteen, I was playing Mario Kart like competitively.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, Like like, for okay, it's very interesting though that you went into a professional video game plane.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also to like the video games also permeate into all of the drag and stuff too.
Speaker 1: How early on did you say I like dressing up.
Speaker 2: I started to like dressing up when I was like twenty four, and I stopped liking it like maybe two years ago when I started doing it for a career.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: You know, a friend of mine had a quote and I always loved it. He goes, I'm lucky enough to get to do something I once loved.
Speaker 2: I mean truly, if you guys want to go out there and get your passion, like, do the thing that you love, wait for it to die in front of you, in front of your very eyes.
Speaker 1: When did you come out of the closet?
Speaker 2: Well? I was kind of like outed by my Rantis Center computer at the time, because.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got to delete your history.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you had to delete the history. Okay. I was like I was like twelve or something. Just computers just came into the game for everybody.
Speaker 1: And the whole internet was created.
Speaker 2: For port Okay, so I didn't know how to look up gay men. Okay, when you're a kid, this is what you do. You're like, I want to see gay people gay dot com. I want to see men's Asses men's butts dot com. So that was the search history that my mom found in the computer.
Speaker 1: You're just sitting on those website domain names, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's got Men's butts dot.
Speaker 1: Com Men's butts dot com. You had to get in early to get that website. By the way, what do you think of straight uh? Doing drag?
Speaker 2: Oh? I hate them?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: I thought you just meant straight people fair enough.
Speaker 1: Do you hate straight people?
Speaker 2: No, I don't hate straight people.
Speaker 1: What about people that are straight but they feel like they can only hang out with gay people? Do you find them a little fishy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I mean, like a lot of straight men that hang out with gay men, they're they're fishing for something, They're fishing for compliments or you know, like there's a lot of straight men that get validation from gamen or like teasing game in something about it.
Speaker 1: How'd you pick your drag name?
Speaker 2: So my name actually comes from like I was raised by TV rather than actual people, and the thing that I related to most was anime. So my name comes from like a like a main character from an anime series from Card Capture Soccer and The Rock am Soccer Apart is a pun off of Rock'm soccer robots because when I first started doing drag, I was doing a lot of weightlifting and my arms were a lot bigger than this, And so whenever I would look at myself in a picture, it would be so jarring just how big my shoulders and arms were.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you oiled up right now and started flexing, you would, I can tell that you're an amazing shape.
Speaker 2: Bring out the oil. Okay, let's go now.
Speaker 1: Actually anime was Wasn't that your first experience in dressing in drag was going to oh yeah, an anime convention.
Speaker 2: So I went to an anime convention and I cosplayed as a character from Street Fighter named Poison and essentially the outfit.
Speaker 1: But you only picked the girl because the girls were interesting.
Speaker 2: The thing is like male characters to me, like a lot of male characters just don't have the I just can't relate to them. There's a type of like depth to a lot of female characters that I really appreciate more. You know. Also, to movies are fun when you wear them.
Speaker 1: A little uncomfortable at times.
Speaker 2: I mean they can be if they're really sweaty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dressed as a drag almost my entire career. But the original reason that I started is ridiculous, and most people don't know this story. I was in a relationship with a girl and she was very, very jealous to where it was just like a thing where it's like, oh, this is gonna be a deal breaker at some point in this relationship, but right now, you're too good looking. I'm going to stay with you. So I would dress as a female so that I wouldn't have to cast a female to play the part. Then I would go home and she'd be like, oh I could. There would just be rage of her, jealous of who I worked with that day. That was why I dressed as a woman, just so that I didn't have to get yelled at when I went home.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a similar situation to like Shakespearean, except like the women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's different difference. You good at walking in heels?
Speaker 2: Oh no? So what I like to do is I'll step out and then I can't walk in them, so I'll just get on the floor. Are you good in heels?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, But I mean I could pull it off better than most straight guys.
Speaker 2: Ken would you would would you say that your is sexy? I am an eight and a half.
Speaker 1: In women's Oh why tiny feet?
Speaker 2: I know they were bound as a child, you know, lotus foot.
Speaker 1: I've heard about that.
Speaker 2: They thought that the practice was done. But retro, do.
Speaker 1: You wish you had gay influencers on social media to look up to when you were growing up?
Speaker 2: I hate gay influencers now. I hate them so much. So absolutely not okay? Now I would.
Speaker 1: Would you consider yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I hate myself so much. You have no idea how much. It's just like I loathe myself.
Speaker 1: That's not true completely, not completely. Who is your idol?
Speaker 2: My idol is so I read a lot of manga. Do do you read manga? Or watch an me a lot?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So one piece, which is getting a live action adaptation soon. The creator at chiro Oda is my idol. He works so hard just to create something that he really loves and really cares about, and he's goofy. He just like whenever he creates something, it's just because he likes he likes to do it, like it's just the story he wants to tell, and I really admire him for that.
Speaker 1: Is there a difference between cross dressing and drag?
Speaker 2: I would say cross dressing is more for like straight people and like doing it for like self sexual gratification. I would say cross dressing is more of that for me, and drag is more of an art form. Drag definitely you can make a career off of it. I'm not sure how much cross dressing.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the financials of your career. When you were living in San Francisco with I don't know how many people in that twenty three twenty three people you were doing drag then, was that paying the bills at all?
Speaker 2: Around? Absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you make money in drag?
Speaker 2: Here's how you make money and drag. Okay, this is a crash course for you people that are watching you. Put on a wig, you put on a dress, put on shoes, doesn't matter if you can walk in them, okay, one, two, three. Put on at least a little bit of makeup, like maybe like a pinky's worth, some eyeshadow. And if you go out into a bar and you just lip sync a little bit to a song that you maybe know, you can make two or three dollars and then maybe backflip and that's it. That's the basis of drag. Makeup wig shoes, backflip song.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, and no money.
Speaker 2: And no money. Yeah. So basically, for a lot of drag queens, we do drag for like gender expression, and we happen to get money at the same time because we perform as well. When I was in San Francisco, I could definitely not pay my bills with drag. Before I did drag, I was doing. I was working in fast food full time for like ten years.
Speaker 1: It's too long.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely too long. I'm surprised I'm still around you. I worked at a Jama Juice. I would have thrown myself in a blender.
Speaker 1: If you consider Johna Juice fast food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fast food.
Speaker 1: Oh you know you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's fast food if you go to the right Jama Juice. But everywhere they take like fucking ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about the speed of it. I just meant like, when I think of fast food, I think of McDonald's in the stuff like that, the burgers that I don't think that's not good for you. Jama Juice isn't good for you. To the calories, it's all sugar. It's too much sugar. Yeah, now come on, give me back on track. Oh, okay, your career path. You're in San Francisco. You're not making money, but before that you were, You're making money and fast food. That was awful. All right, let's good to it.
Speaker 2: Quit my job. I moved to San Francisco's I could do drag full time. It was like my aspiration. I thought I could do drag full time and pay for all the bills.
Speaker 1: Huh. It's an expensive city.
Speaker 2: It's an expensive city, and for some reason, they only like they pay the lowest out of any of the cities that I've been in for like a drag show fee. So like they'll pay like thirty five dollars for a show, and like here in La they'll pay like one hundred to one hundred and twenty five of a show like base. So I kind of had to supplement my income.
Speaker 1: When you lived with twenty three people, when the electric bill came in, did you guys split it twenty three ways?
Speaker 2: I had it fixed, sokay. The one person I guess took care of the electricity. I guess it was like the landlord or something like that. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to how you supplemented your income.
Speaker 2: I started doing sex work because I had a friend that did sex work.
Speaker 1: Is sex work a nicer way to say prostitution?
Speaker 2: I mean you could say prostitution. I think it's more of a fun word. Ah, you say it like that, okayution you like? I like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, say prostitute, prostitute, hooker, hooker.
Speaker 2: Or or can't be a whore or so make money?
Speaker 1: Hand job? What's that going to cost me back in the day.
Speaker 2: It depends on whether or not I use two hands one hand, one hand, Oh, that's fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty bucks are a nice one hand?
Speaker 2: An extra one is twenty five it's half off.
Speaker 1: That's nice percentage wise. How many men during the sex worker days would you say we're straight?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, I mean, like I can tell you how many were married. I'm not sure how many of them were straight?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay, fair enough married?
Speaker 2: Good? No, wow, I'm the other woman's that's.
Speaker 1: A lot of straight men getting hand jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, how long did you actually dabble in the sex work?
Speaker 2: So I did sex work for about two years? So I was on RuPaul's drag race. To get ready for the show. You have to get all of these outfits and wigs and everything ready for the competition. They give you like a list and you get everything ready.
Speaker 1: And I know some of the some of the girls are mean at some of the other girls if they don't have the best wigs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Like so that was like my nightmare if I was going to go in and they were gonna like make fun of me or be like, oh, San Francisco drag is horrible and trashy. So we all have to pay out of our own pockets to fund all of this stuff. So I was like sucking crazy. I was like left and right, twenty four to seven. I'd wake up, suck, go to sleep, suck.
Speaker 1: What do you ever do? You ever have to eat? But yeah, to make ends meet?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't done that.
Speaker 1: You never tried it.
Speaker 2: I Oh I've done it.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: See. This is how you know. I got really excited because the one time I did it. Okay, so I did eat. I did eat ones And honestly, people ask me what it's like, and when you explain it to a gay person, it's just like it's like a sandwich you can't swallow.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's good.
Speaker 2: You ever make out with an RB sandwichman? You can't follow it?
Speaker 1: God, you didn't have to say Rby's goddamn it, God damn it, roast beef beef all right, So you have done it one time, good for you.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I was like blowing bubbles. Someone someone said, if you do it just.
Speaker 1: On your time, that's that's cute for like a junior in high school. But after that, you better bring some a game stuff. People have sex for free all the time, and you know, we get mad at someone or judge people that that have sex for money, that are professionals. It's the only it's the only time that we look down on professionals and act like Moni's ruining the integrity of the game.
Speaker 2: I know. It's so it's so weird going from sex work to not sex work. When I have bad sex, all I can think of is, God damn it, I wish I got paid for this. There's people out there, the same people who are criticizing me. They're having bad sex and they're not getting paid for it. It has a horrible life to live. There was a guy I had a client once. This is just out of nowhere enough, but he he had I think he had his prostate removed, so he had a prostate cancer. And so he had one of those you know, had inflatable penisis. Yeah, it's like one of the balls is a pump and then it like.
Speaker 1: It did Rebok make this.
Speaker 2: It's kind of yeah, it feels like it.
Speaker 1: You felt it. He was a client, Oh, that kind of client.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I had to pump up his rebock Wiener no way, yeah, and that, oh my god. And so he he was really convinced in telling me that he could get an orgasm. So he wouldn't just be like, oh yeah, oh I'm gonna He would look at me straight in the eyes and scream. And I don't know why. He would look at me straight in the eyes and go oh oh oh oh. Do you know how hard it is not to laugh at someone's face?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah, And did anything come out?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: The air. This guy's weird.
Speaker 2: You're like a giggle.
Speaker 1: You ever had one of those orgasm where nothing comes out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when you're on your sixth time for the day because you just don't want to do anything.
Speaker 1: I've never done that.
Speaker 2: You've never done procrasterbation to that point. No, No, okay, I have you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you got out of it. It was two years, but no, I miss it. You do not.
Speaker 2: I do miss it.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 2: So I miss it because, like the thing is, I really did like doing sex work because of multiple factors. I was in a monogamous relationship for a long time, so I got to explore more of my sexuality.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Two, the clients always make you feel so like young and pretty. They're like, oh my god, you're so beautiful. So it was like a good ego boost. And I love having sex with older men.
Speaker 1: And that was it. That was the norm that it was older men.
Speaker 2: It's usually older men. Once or twice I've had like younger men and they're like, I got to get rid of my virginity.
Speaker 1: You've been someone's first.
Speaker 2: I've been someone's first. I've been a couple of people's first, and then never.
Speaker 1: I've never been someone's first. Never.
Speaker 2: No, not even your own well no, I got my own hand was the first.
Speaker 1: On No, never mind, we don't like, we don't. We don't talk about him anymore. But the danger element of it that obviously that doesn't feel good.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes you drive really fast on the highway and it feels really good, you know what, I'm saying all right, yeah, so the danger is kind of nice sometimes, like you never know where you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Did you have a pimp?
Speaker 2: No? I wish Would you like to be my pimp?
Speaker 1: No? Because I don't want you to do that.
Speaker 2: Because you don't want to wear a hat?
Speaker 1: No, I like hats because I'm losing my hair and nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't like canes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want a cane. No grill, I don't want a cane. I don't want you in sex work. That's that seems like it's a that's beneath you at this point in your career.
Speaker 2: I think what it is is I I just I literally can't go back into sex work because I've been on TV. If I get back into sex work, I'm gonna get people I don't know, like talk about it, or it's gonna become a big thing. It's gonna intrude on my other career. It's going to become my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it seems like it would help the bottom line, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it would.
Speaker 1: Did Grinder put gay sex workers out of business?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? Okay, No, if anything, we get more work because of it. The thing is with Grinder like other dating apps, is like you spend so much time on the app swiping and trying to find people and getting someone to come and setting up the date and everything, and then it's all free, so people can just leave whenever they want. With doing sex work, it's like here's the time, here's the place have sex. We're gonna have sex, and then I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 1: You're only on four episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race. How did you become so popular just off of those four episodes?
Speaker 2: It really is just as as soon as the cameras go on, get your screen time. Every time the cameras would turn on, I would just like be a spark of joy. My entrance for drag Race was I walked out. I said my entrance line, which was all tuck and no play. Make rock them a crazy bitch. I got onto the floor, did a full Homer Simpson whoop boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boop on the floor and jumped on all of the tables in the workroom just for fun.
Speaker 1: Sure do you know Alyssa Edwards.
Speaker 2: I haven't met Alyssa Edwards personally, but I know of her she's like drag race royalty.
Speaker 1: Of a good friend of mine is she Alyssa? We just did a show together, but you know, we tell you. Let me tell you something about Alyssa. Four hours minimum to.
Speaker 2: Get ready or we're you waiting for her? I don't know what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Four hours minimum, she's.
Speaker 2: Baking a cake every time she gets ready.
Speaker 1: Four hours minimum to get her ready? How long does it take you to get ready today?
Speaker 2: I got ready in like thirty minutes. Oh man, I'm the anti Alissa Edwards is.
Speaker 1: Dream no shade. I love everything about Alyssa. Also great uh great shoulders?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well because she's a dancer.
Speaker 1: But I'm strong. Jesus like strong women like weak women too me? Too true or false? Drag Queen's invented contouring? It's true?
Speaker 2: Is it true? How do you like look on Google?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is Google always right? No?
Speaker 1: What's What's? What's a lie on Wikipedia? About you? Is there anything on there that's not true that my birthday?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I always lie about my birthday so that no one knows exactly when my birthday is. I just feel like it's weird.
Speaker 1: Do you have any tattoos?
Speaker 2: I don't. Do you have a tattoo?
Speaker 1: No, I've got no tattoos.
Speaker 2: No tattoos. Okay, would you get a tramp stamp, a tasteful trampstamp for you?
Speaker 1: I would get I would get a tramp stamp that says if you can read this, you'll probably get pink eye.
Speaker 2: Okay, see there you go. That's so you would get one.
Speaker 1: Hey there's that old female.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think she's British.
Speaker 1: That's a drag queen. Is that are there actual?
Speaker 2: Are they allowed?
Speaker 1: Is she is a female allowed to be a drag queen?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah for sure? Oh okay, So this is a contentious topic too, Like a lot of people think that like cis, women can't do drag.
Speaker 1: I don't think they should be allowed to.
Speaker 2: Like, I personally think that anyone can do drag because drag is just like playing with gender like gender expression. And I think to like take women out of the like out of the equation is misogynistic.
Speaker 1: Yep to me, beat it, ladies, Yeah, get out of there. That's where I stand on.
Speaker 2: Unless you got a dingling, you can't liften to this song.
Speaker 1: I don't think straight men should do it either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think anyone should do it.
Speaker 1: I think it should just be gay men. I think gay men should have it.
Speaker 2: I think that if gay men only had it, it would be a little bit boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gree to disagree. Now that you have gotten a little bit of notoriety and fame, can you now make a decent living just as a drag queen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Actually, well it's a mixture of drag and social media. So it's the social media influencer that's also like the niche is drag. There's sponsorships, there's people that do like advertisements with you. There are people who will book you for shows in person. I just did a gig out of college. We did drag bingo. Okay, I didn't even have to I barely had to perform. And those kids' tuitions are in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Now you read the kids, No, you don't read the kids.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I just don't like children, do you? They're so sticky? Oh that's fair, Yeah, and ugly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes most of the time. They go through phases, for sure. Do you want to be a mother?
Speaker 2: I would love to give birth.
Speaker 1: Is that the end of the stable. Are you working out constantly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do work out constantly. Now I go to the gym like every other day.
Speaker 1: Huh, what gym do you go to? I go to Gold. You get a free membership to Golds.
Speaker 2: I don't get a Gold once.
Speaker 1: You throw her a free member ship, throw me a free membership, do her a solid do me a solid jet's once't you throw me some free free planes to please you? What do you what's in your cart right now on Amazon that you need me to purchase for you?
Speaker 2: I have a three set of brown tights and oh god, what is the other one? What was the other one? A weighted blanket for people with anxiety.
Speaker 1: Have you ever slept with the weighted blanket? It's awful?
Speaker 2: Is it bad?
Speaker 1: I mean to me, it feels like you forget that you have it. Then when you wake up the middle the night you go pee, You really you think there's somebody's holding you down. It's scary.
Speaker 2: I want to get a weighted blanket because it's like it's like what those like jackets are for dogs when they're going through a thunderstorm. And I just like having the weight on me, like it helps with anxiety.
Speaker 1: Sure, you're just wanting to work out all the time. Yeah, and even while you sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also, just like I don't have to pee in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: You don't. That's because you're you're young. You're still a young flower.
Speaker 2: No, I don't drink any water.
Speaker 1: I've got a large prostate.
Speaker 2: I can tell you cannot.
Speaker 1: I can tell that's not something you can eyeball.
Speaker 2: The seat is down here.
Speaker 1: That has nothing to do with my PROCs.
Speaker 2: I can hear it from here.
Speaker 1: I can't hear a prostate if I touch it like this. My doctor goes in and and he says it's getting He.
Speaker 2: Goes is this thing on.
Speaker 1: No, he's never done that, but it does make me get in the baby position, lay on my side, hold my knees up to my chest, and then he goes up my butt. Wait, really, is that what a prostate examined? Yeah, they go up your button, just check you.
Speaker 2: But you have to be in the fetal position, or he does.
Speaker 1: He makes me lay in my fetal position on my side. I face out this one sad window and I look out on Wilship.
Speaker 2: At least you get a window. Some people, I know you're pregnant, poster.
Speaker 1: But for twenty years I've looked out that window in fetal position and just been fingered up the butt by this guy, this old man, this old doctor, and he's like, oh yeah, your prostate feels pretty big. And I'm like, how come none of my friends ever have to get this exam?
Speaker 2: But imagine if you did that and then you got two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're speaking my life. Can you explain that I want you to take this seriously unless you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell I want you to take it serious. Can you explain this Red state controversy about banning kids from drag shows?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the whole drag queen controversy right now, basically what it boils down to is drag queens are being used as a way into taking away trans people's rights, so like take away human rights. The thing is that every every like ten years, they changed the scapegoat, you know, and it just happens to be drag queens right now. Okay, we don't want kids at the drag show. They don't have any money, they're not gonna tip. Sure, they're not going to be like work bitch.
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to tip during the entire show?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, don't touch the girls don't touch the girls and tip. What kind of money am I supposed to be thrown out?
Speaker 2: Okay? It depends on whether or not you like the performance.
Speaker 1: Well, let's say I like the performance and I want to be respectful, and but what's the amount of money that I should be handing over?
Speaker 2: I would say maybe a dollar or two?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you really like it, you give them a five. If you really really like it, give them a twenty. And if for some reason you are really really drunk and you want to let them know that you are a sugar daddy one.
Speaker 1: Hundred Okay, Okay. Now, places like Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee, they're the ones passing the anti drag laws. Is that just a refreshing excuse for you to never go there?
Speaker 2: When I quit drag, I'm gonna move right there. So I don't have an EXTA.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to the southeast of our country?
Speaker 2: Southeast? Which way is that? No?
Speaker 1: You've never been to the Bible Belt?
Speaker 2: No, my belts, they're not flattering on me.
Speaker 1: Uh, have you ever been You ever been in Mississippi?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Alabama, I think I would remember. Have you ever been to Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been to Atlanta, of course, Yes, I've been to Atlanta. Big trees, big trees in Atlanta. That's all I remember.
Speaker 1: Wet Okay, are you in a relationship now?
Speaker 2: I am in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my partner and I were very happy.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: I think what it is is as a drag queen, you have to, like I kind of treat my drag persona as like my daughter. You kind of have to go into a relationship being like, look, I have a child, and you gotta they come with me. Okay if you want this relationship. So if you find someone who's on board and they can love you with that, then keep them, okay, don't let them go?
Speaker 1: And does he ever like prefer you to be in dragon? You're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, what's.
Speaker 2: The When we first started dating, my drag was real, crispy, crunchy.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It did not look good. So if you tried to get an erection, it would not happen.
Speaker 1: As a gay Asian man who happens to also do drag, do you feel at all targeted in this country.
Speaker 2: Mostly by like chasers? I would say i'd say, the main target that I have right now is people who really just want to have sex with drag queens.
Speaker 1: Do you perform at the same place in Los Angeles all the time?
Speaker 2: It changes?
Speaker 1: Where do you like to perform here?
Speaker 2: I like to perform at Hamburger, Mary's Ontario, and at Precinct in downtown LA. Like Precinct always has interesting names for their shows. They have like bitchin and it's hosted by a girl named bitch Pudding. There's fat Slut and it's hosted by fat Slut Fat Slut. I don't know if you guys got the fat slut, but it's fat Slut.
Speaker 1: Fat Slut, fat Slug posted by meat Ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a fun It's very fun. It's a great time.
Speaker 1: What percentage of your of your week are you in drag?
Speaker 2: I would say maybe four to five of the seven days I'm in drag at least once, like at least for like an hour or two, okay, which is great, Like for my career, Like I'm I'm constantly doing stuff and I need to be in drag to do this. Horrible on the skin, uh huh takes years off you well, like imagine like wearing makeup every single I mean guess, I guess women make up every single day, but like some more heavy, heavy heavy makeup every single day and taking it.
Speaker 1: Off, taking disgusting your eyes. It just hurts.
Speaker 2: It's horrible. If you want to stay pretty, don't do drag. Don't do it. It will aid you and you will hate your skin. Men's bus dot com available twelve bucks.
Speaker 1: It's available.
Speaker 2: Men, let's get it.
Speaker 1: But you get it and you can have but you don't.
Speaker 2: Need tossshow dot com, Men's Butts dot com. That's the new domain.
Speaker 1: And the first thing I wanted to will say, delete your history kids.
Speaker 2: I vividly remember what was on that website for me dot com too. It was like you would click it and then it would be like it would be an animated like animated naked man with two France. You go, and like it was like a flaccid, very flaccid, hairy wiener that would just bob back and forth. I vividly remember it. So if my mom went to that site, that's what she would have seen.
Speaker 1: You circumcised.
Speaker 2: I am circumcised.
Speaker 1: Yeah me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they took away my beanie. What are you gonna do? If I had a genie. First wish unlimited foreskin.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, what a waste of your first wish?
Speaker 2: Oh are you kidding? You can put anything in forour skin. You wouldn't need pockets ever again?
Speaker 1: Or so, it just seems like you find a genie. I just I don't even know Foreskin's gonna pop into my head.
Speaker 2: He's going to be just as surprised. But then he'll be like, this is the best.
Speaker 1: Way, this makes sense. Yeah, you ever thought about getting into politics?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? I have been in so many politicians working in sex work. It's crazy. You don't know how many, like in the closet Republicans there are, and like Republican radio people there are that just like to have their backs blown out by an Asian drag queen sex worker.
Speaker 1: So to answer my original.
Speaker 2: Question, no, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the name of that tree? You know?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Ever you ever smelled a Bradford pair when it's blooming?
Speaker 2: Is it the come one?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yes I have. But when my high school growing up had them all around.
Speaker 1: No wonder, that's what did it?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what said over the edge. By lunchtime, I was like salivating, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you can't have seaman trees all around the life. Yes you can. Yeah. I always thought it was funny that that the Bradford Pair was the tree of West Hollywood?
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 1: They're everywhere on all the streets there. That's funny that you knew about the com tree.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows about the comtry, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone does not know about the country. Really, I use and I learned about the contree the old fashioned way.
Speaker 2: Just smelled it smelling.
Speaker 1: I was like, why am I smelling jizz here in West Hollywood?
Speaker 2: I don't know why?
Speaker 1: Oh man, the Bradford Pair. Well, I appreciate you coming on my show. It's lovely to get to talk to you, and thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for having me. I think right now I'm going to go and get that domain from Men's Butts dot com and I'm going to go buy a Breadford tree.
Speaker 1: Pasha, what a great mature interview. My thanks to Rock for coming by. A lot of you right now are probably wondering, hey, is there a huge wooden circumcised penis in between Carl and Daniel. Yeah, there is, And let me tell you the story. This big wooden dick Okay, ways about a buck fifty. It was given to me. In season one of Tosh Point zero. A fan found out where we shot the show and came to our offices. We didn't have security back then, walked right in and it's like, I'm looking for Daniel, and then somebody in my office goes, oh, his office is right there. Just in. He came with this huge wooden dick and I was a little upset that he breached our zero security fortress, but I took it, and over the years it's appeared in dozens and dozens of bits in the background or whatever. But when I got home today, I said, Carly, I just interviewed the best guy, and guess what he's gonna want our wooden penis stool. I didn't want to get rid of it until I found the perfect home for it, and I think Rock is the one. So I hope you enjoy it as a token of my appreciation for you being on the show. Okay, now it's time for the big announcement. Remember last week, carl I said that I was gonna announce what new casino I would be performing at in Vegas, my new residency. All right, Eddie, give me a drum roll. No, no, no, I fancy your drum roll. Okay, now let it escalate. Oh man, I will be at the Cosmopolitan. That's right. I'm staying in the MGM family. I will be performing at the Chelsea Theater there also this week, tons of other shows are going on sale. I'm gonna be in Sacramento and Fresno. You know about the Dolby. I got some stuff coming up in Kentucky, Indianapolis, Battle Creek, Michigan. The fuck am I doing there? Well, I'll tell you what I'm doing there fire Keeper's Casino, and in Detroit and Columbus. This all goes on sale this week. Look for ticket information and my tour dates on Men's Butts dot com. I believe that's my website now. That all goes on sale this week. Carl, what else we have, boyswarpink dot com. Check out my charitable clothing line. The Goat comes out fucking sometime. Now it's time for your favorite part of the show. I hope you guys enjoy it. If you don't, if you're one of those people that just hates children, well then the hell with you. Because these are my son's bedtime stories that he told me when he was three years old. See you next.
Speaker 2: Week, rank Penny Prime.
Speaker 3: Somebody mean trapped in How did the brew to? He would?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 3: So he did, and he puts in this in the soul and he and he is so he tinged it up the met in his house. But when he drink he's so sore. Butked one. But had make it in the saw low and try it. But he didn't know where it is. But somebody put it here it Celia and came out of the drowned. It was a zombie. Jill would want zombie the wheel and the zombie tweated but aided.
Speaker 1: The end. I honestly don't think I understood anything in that story. There was a zombie. What else was there? What was the guy's what was the guy's name?
Speaker 3: I remember?
Speaker 1: Eat it all right? Hey, guys, I have to remind you wherever you're listening to this podcast to make sure that you rate it, but rate it five stars. If you're gonna rate it four stars, you know what, don't even bother five stars. Please also subscribe that matters. Subscribe and rate but rate high