Speaker 1: The volume, Jannis and the Bucks are scheduled to meet.
Speaker 2: Our scheduled a meeting about the team direction to meet amid trade rumors. According to the NBA inside of Chris Haynes, I was told the Bucks made contact with Jannis Untaka Koumpo early as this morning, and sources related to me that a meeting is expected to be scheduled for mid next week. This is where Giannis is going to have his chance to speak with the Bucks brass and talk about the direction of the team.
Speaker 3: Jannie responded to a.
Speaker 2: Couple of fan questions last night, including the one to ask. He was asked his favorite NFL team Packers, Dallas Cowboys. Do you have a favorite NFL team that would have been in the states for a while, and he said the Packers and the Cowboys. So obviously the Packers playing was Ylwaukee is in Wisconsin. The Cowboys play in Dallas. Team that's in Dallas is the Mavericks. Nah, Joe, y'all, you gotta be discussed that. So till me what you're thinking, Joe, this meeting. I'm sure you've probably had meetings, you know, in Phoenix. You ended up from Phoenix go to Atlanta, Atlanta, you go to the nest. So what's gonna take place in a meeting of this magnitude man, Janni's probably gonna I would say, He's probably gonna voice, obviously how he feels, and he's gonna ask the direction of this team and where we're trying to go, like how can we how can we get better?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And if it's if it's nothing that appeases him, yeah, I can see him asking for a trade.
Speaker 1: I could see him asking for a trade.
Speaker 2: And I've said it all along, and I know people gonna get a nieco a lot of flag, But I say, you gotta package that Cooper flag, that that number one pick and go get Yannis. Then listen, listen. I'm saying that because Joe Listen hit me out.
Speaker 3: I got to go ahead.
Speaker 1: As a rookie do I mean?
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be a pretty good player in his league, but as a rookie, I just can't see him really helping the Mavericks compete for a championship.
Speaker 3: You go get Yannis, man, please.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be you. I mean, it's gonna make the West a lot thicker. But Yannis and Ad and Kyrie because in this current situation, O Joe, in his current situation, Dame is not gonna be there until twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: That's if he's lucky, he probably.
Speaker 2: Take the whole year and not play next year and don't play till twenty six twenty seven. So now you're not Yanni's by himself is not coming out of the East, and they don't really have pieces that they can go pair and get somebody to come along with Giannis because I don't know how much the draft, what the draft of compensation look like they traded. You know, they traded some things to get Dame, So what you normally would have you don't have anymore. So with that being fed, I don't know what they can tell him that's gonna assure him or make him rest comfortably to say, you know what, Okay, now Boston, we can challenge Boston, we can challenge the next we can challenge the Pacers.
Speaker 1: Really, you think you can clap the Cavaliers. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think the way the Milwaukee Bucks are currently constructed, I don't believe they're no better than the what.
Speaker 4: Fifth, fourth, fifth best team in East?
Speaker 3: Yeh, But but here I got something else for you right now when we talk about where Giannis might go and some of the questions he was asked on Twitter, and this is what I really like about superstar players that had actively engaged with the fans, right, and this obviously liking the Packers, liking the Cowboys, and trying to put two and two together. So we can also take a question that was asked to your honest out of all the cities you've ever been to, which city made you the happiest to be there, not counting your hometown, and Yanna said Florida Cities. Now we can take that as well as another hint based on what I told you about my meeting with Mickey Erison, right and Spolstruck and pat Riley. Now he answered and said Florida Cities. Now you know he's not talking about Orlando. And the only other NBA team in Florida is who Joe?
Speaker 1: He Orlando? Man?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what Yannis? He don't care, don't do that, don't do that, don't do Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they better than the Heat. And with that, yeah, see how y'all see how I keep trying to give y'all hints. I'm telling y'all. What's gonna happen y'all not y'all not listening to you. Oh Joe, what they gonna What did heat giving up to get?
Speaker 2: Because if you got to give up one of your big guns, they ain't even no point.
Speaker 1: I mean what we're doing right?
Speaker 3: Hold on, you don't want to give up your big guns? Right, but you say they're gonna give up the big gun that just got drafted number one to go to to go to goddamn Dallas. He's not proven, he's not he's never played in the league. Yeah, I have a question. Is Tyler Hero better than Cooper Flag?
Speaker 1: It's Tyler Hero better than Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Don't tell it. Don't take that long to answer that.
Speaker 2: Tyler Hero ain't gonna put busts in the seat like Cooper Flag. Cooper Flagg, Cooper Flag is U will be the number one overall pick. People view him as a generational talent. People don't view Tyler Hero as that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying Tyler He I don't know what Cooper Flag will be.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, evaluators, If Cooper Flag and Tyler Hero in the same draft, who you think going won Tyler Hero or Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Hey, Okay, I know, I'm I'm understanding what you're saying. But why if you understand that he went one for a reason. Yeah, went one for a reason.
Speaker 2: But they're saying, right, but the Dallas Mavericks want to win a championship right now at this in it They're like, we want to win a championship the moment they trade Luca, we need to win a championship. What Joe and I are saying, we believe Yannis gets them closer to that than Cooper Flag.
Speaker 1: There's been only one rookie that really can. I mean, you gotta go back.
Speaker 2: Wes Unsel uh but West, the wet West West.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't m VP of the rookie.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying you gotta go back to Magic Johnson the Western Is you believe Cooper Flag Magic Johnson because he's the only guy to lead a team to a to a title.
Speaker 3: As a rookie. I'm not sure gonna do it, but I understand what he's capable of doing. We saw him play at Dude, we understand how specially, Yes, I think he can make a huge difference.
Speaker 4: Can he be Yianni's let's just say for the sacond, nobody gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go in in three in three to four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cooper Flag, he probably gonna be something something to deal with in the NBA.
Speaker 3: But his rookie year dealing with that that man team who is looking to win.
Speaker 1: Right not now, but right now, right now, y'all.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They the only thing I'm saying on Joe, That's the only thing I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I got you listen. I understand what both y'all saying.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get as much information as as I can without really spilling the beans. But y'all not listening to me. Y'all not listening to me. So when it actually happens, all I'm gonna do is gonna come on the show. I'm a light up my cigar. Right, I'm gonna say I told you so that's it, because y'all y'all be thinking i'd be lying and playing and capping and all that, And I'm telling y'all said, in the met with the power with the power players that run the Heat organization, and I know what moves to being made, I know what streams of being being pulled behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, But for me, I agree with you. Joe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what mil Walker can tell him short and short, short of telling him we got a thirty percent stake in Harley Davison and.
Speaker 3: We'll give you fifteen percent of it.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I don't know, honestly, honestly because when you look at the way this team, who, I mean, what piece can you trade? Dame is injured an achilles injury, and I think he's like, what thirty two to thirty three years of age? Okay, with that being said, and he's gone for the entire year? What pieces if I'm not mistaken, what Brook low players that might be a free agent?
Speaker 1: You got Bobby Porter's. I'm trying to figure out, what do you have.
Speaker 2: You don't have a whole lot of draft capital because you're trading that up to get Dame, and you don't have pieces outside of Janni's.
Speaker 1: Jannis is gonna probably want to leave.
Speaker 3: So what can I tell you what this meeting is about? What every time football season ended? What do we have? What meeting do we have with the coach at the end of the season. What's it called? It's exit meeting, and that's what the meeting is about. They already had theirs. They've been out the playoff for two weeks. They I know where they finna have. Listen, They've finna have an excell one. I don't know why they have an extion room because there's nothing they can do. There's nothing that they can do and put them the trade off that can make them a contender and had them not being bounced out the first round again. Jannis is going back in that room. There's nothing and there's nothing you can pull. You can't pull no rapit out the hat and all of a sudden say, listen, Yannis, this is what we can do for our team. That's gonna put us in contention. Absolutely nothing. So the fact that they even having the meeting again about nothing makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, Ocho, what y'all think about?
Speaker 2: Uh, Janni's going to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: That's no God damn bench.
Speaker 2: You gonna have to Yeah, I mean you're gonna have to. You have to get a few guys from G league. You're gonna have to go. That's what you're gonna have. Jordian back, call you up, Jody back, call you up. You cause you got, you got, you got fifteen minutes and you I got fifteen or eighteen minutes in me. I got that, I got that, I got that. I can do that with no problem.
Speaker 3: Listen, if Yannis, listen Joannis, Joannis, Luke and Lebron on the same team, every goddamn game for eighty two weeks is gonna be three on five.
Speaker 1: Nah, they got, they got, They got some other guys who.
Speaker 2: Can step up and play. They can make it work. You get them three on the team, you're gonna have to make it work.
Speaker 3: We said, we said the same thing about Bradley Bill, Kevin Durant and goddamn Devin Boker.
Speaker 2: But they played it. But Bradley Bill and Devin Book are the same people. Hey, look, o Joe, uh, the Lakers missing that big Janni's will be a major piece for them.
Speaker 4: J play the flow, don't play the five. Yeah, that boy gonna play the five or four to three to two and the one. What you're talking about, you're gonna Hey, look, he can he can do a multitude of things.
Speaker 2: I think you know. He'll open up the offense and give guys easy buckets. Obviously, he'll take the pressure off of Lebron, he gonna have to do as much. Uh defensively, he's gonna he's gonna come on man, yeah, right right. I just think I just think in the NBA, that's something. I think we're gonna we're gonna see some superstars move around. I agree, And it's gonna be it's gonna be amazing to see. I think it's gonna be good for the league. And you know, hey, you don't be surprised. Hey, what you call try to pull this? You watch the Golden State, Golden State to try to Golden State gonna try to get in the mix.
Speaker 1: Watch yep, what do you What.
Speaker 3: Do you think about Mingu and some picks.
Speaker 1: I think Golden State got picks. I think they got draft capital.
Speaker 2: But I think they want I think they want a superstar back in return, like who, uh, they're gonna want to Cooper Flag. They gonna want They're gonna want an all all star level player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that. Like, and you know you said you said superstars can can can y'all give me give me two other names or maybe just one other name that might be on the movies all season.
Speaker 4: Well, we know Kevin the Rad's gonna leave Kevin durradz movie. Yeah you know, you know Katie got a place in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, but uh uh ish, but.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to satisfy because of what he gave up to get Katie. You're gonna have to satisfy that. And I don't know if the Knicks have that. Now. Look, when you start dealing with these superstar players, you probably get multiple teams involved because it's gonna have to to you to have to fix you know, you have to the puzzle will have to you know, fit gotta makes sense. So you're gonna probably have to hear that. You will see a lot of three four teams moving these pieces. But I think this is gonna be probably one of the bosts, one of the busiest summers that we've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you what.
Speaker 3: I can tell you what Joe and you know the summer is gonna be very busy. But I could tell you how the season go go next year. And I can tell you who coming out the motherfucker East. Oh wow, go ahead, Miami heat, Oh God, you heard me? Oh you y'all see y'all don't want to listen every time I say something, y'all never want to listen to it because I'm black.
Speaker 2: You said that, you said that about Cincinnati gonna make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's why you owe me fifty two hundred.
Speaker 2: You told me, you told me Miami Heat was gonna win the gonna come out to what you call them, the play.
Speaker 3: In I told you we I told you we didn't make it out the first round because everybody got food poisoning. The whole team had food boyd and that's why we lost. I don't know what they got, but they got you in debt. I'm gonna pay your fifty two hundred, man. I told you, I'm gonna let Justine get my money back. I'm done with it. I'm gonna send Justin to clip. I'm finna wash up. I'm finna wash up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Davin Brown played the playoffs where they partially torn right meniscus. According to Ramona Shelbourne, JB miss Boston's final three regular season games and with the injury, but was able to modify his game and play through the pain during the playoffs. He'll reportedly be evaluated this week to determine if surgery is necessary. Moniscus it's not that bad. But obviously anytime you have to go up under that knife, oh, I I hate it, but you know he cut it out. I thought, you know, for him playing with a toy on on this because he you know, he did he did everything he could man to help the deceeeds try to advance or repeat, but it just wasn't enough. No, I just I hope, I hope he gets hot Boston in general, just get healthy and able to you know, come back next year. Obviously Tatum won't be there, but you know, try to man make some good out of this. But yeah, this is very it's very very unfortunate for them. Well, the best thing he and Tatum got their money, so that's something that's that's not not at the front of their mind. Like damn, I just caused myself X you got the contract.
Speaker 3: You straight.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm telling JT bro, don't you rush back. You make sure you come back and when we when you come back, you're the same JT that we remember when you left. Nothing less. I know you're gonna put the work there, but don't rush back. You don't have anything to prove. You're about to be a first four time first Team All NBA selection, You've gone, you've gone through the All Star Game, you won Olympic goal to Olympic goal medals, and.
Speaker 3: You want a championship. Yeah? Is that true? Th Joe? Is that true? Wow? Just because he won a championship is the monkey off his back? He had nothing to prove? Yeah, I ain't say yeah, everything to prove. I'm saying he don't have a reason to rush back for the rush back. Okay, Okay, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think, especially in the game in basketball, you know, you're measured by your championships. Obviously, you know they they'd have been there numerous of times, but they did get one. So yeah, I don't think there's no pressure for him on the you know, rush back or any of that. I just think, you know, you need to get healthy, get one hundred percent, then come back and uh, you know, try and.
Speaker 3: Do it all over again.
Speaker 2: Man. But you know, injuries are part of the game. I know we hate him and it's just very very unfortunate. Bro.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, you know, And like we talked about Joe, Kevin Durant took eighteen months. Remember he tours, he towards the KI leads in twenty nineteen. In July twenty nineteen, he didn't play that season. He didn't play, and remember he didn't play that season, and in the start it was the bubble. He didn't play that and then he didn't really come back until later and KD looked like he had never missed a beat, never missed a beat. But he didn't rush back.
Speaker 1: Kevin.
Speaker 2: They're like, nah, bro y'all not finna rush me back, y'all not finna put me back out there. And I'm not ready to play, and I reinjured this thing. So I think that's the thing for me. And that's why I'm telling him, Oh, Joe, no, I don't. I'm not saying, like, listen, the thing about pro sports is that you have to update your resume. You don't get the rest say oh I did this and not know knowing you're not straight because every year, every year you play, you're out there for a reason. You're trying to prove something, if not only to you yourself, you're trying to prove something. So you don't get to say, well, I won a championship five years ago, okay, and you still playing now, so what are you playing for. If you're not trying to win a championship, what are you playing for? So with that being I just think the thing is for him. I just wanted to get one hundred percent healthy and then come back and beat the Jason Tatum that we remember. The last thing in my mind I saw about Jason Tatum before I saw him crumple on the four four he had forty two. Yeah, that's what I remember was forty two. He's bothering right, nice. Yeah, he'll get back there. I think he'll get back to one hundred percent. He'll get back to the player that he's accustomed to being. You know, the one thing you get out there with an injury, man, you can't move the way you're accustomed to move and do the things that you're accustomed to doing.
Speaker 1: Like that's frustrating. So I'm I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Take your time, heal yourself up, strengthen your body, get your mind right, and come back and get back to it. Because the injuries, like o Cho, somebody telling you, Ojo, you can't have fun, man, stop the antics playing football. Ocho, Chucky Jersey, Ocho, get rid of the Orange train strap Ocho.
Speaker 1: So that's like a player.
Speaker 2: He's used to being one way, Jason Tatum is used to being great. Now all of a sudden he rushes back and then he's not what we remember. It doesn't That's what really does messes with a player, a professional athlete mentally, when I can't do what I once could.
Speaker 1: That's why sus getting old?
Speaker 3: Man? What man?
Speaker 2: I remember who I could do? I can't do none of What all you have is memories. Yep, Nah, that ain't good enough. That's not good enough for the great now if you just you know, you playing now and you play a sport. And I'm not trying to manage anybody, but obviously there are levels. But when you're that great, it's hard not to be that great. Yeah, especially when you're still in your twenties. Now he get forty. I mean, it's tough for Lebron. Even though Lebron is still playing at the league level. He knows that he couldn't do He can't do what he did, what he did when he was twenty eight, what he was thirty two, or even thirty five.
Speaker 1: But it would have been something entirely different.
Speaker 2: If it's skill, if it's athleticism, has a dissipated here ay of twenty eight from twenty eight to twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Like what the hell happened to me? Hey listen, and you know what, you know what's funny on to put things in perspective really right now, we talk about sports and getting injured, and we talk about aging and getting old, and that's just in life in general, in all aspects of it. You hear me, Joe, Yeah, hey, everything And for yr y'all might want to write this down. You never understand the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. And we ain't talk about forts, yeah any and everything you're doing chat, y'all might want to write that down, write it down. Yeah, I'm just Sunday night. I'm appreached to you one more time. So they never understand the value of a moment because we done all had moments until that moment becomes a memory and all you can do is just think about it. Hello, listen, I ain't it's not I ain't gonna pass offer and played around.
Speaker 1: Hello, hello you in the funny how time just slip on the way talk to.
Speaker 2: Bro your time, get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom and everything hurt knees, ankle back hips. Hey, if I didn't have so much pride, I'd get me one of the more gooses. And I put the step push to the side of my bed. But you know I got to I got too much pride for that.
Speaker 1: Joe on Joe.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta get back. I gotta get bass up and go to the bathroom. But it hurts, man, my pro state the size of this cup.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, Man, I go to the bathroom and I laid out on one side.
Speaker 1: I'm like, lord, I.
Speaker 3: Know I ain't got to go back to the bathroom again. Now, Hey, one thing, hey, one thing about it. Them days are coming, yes, coming.
Speaker 1: Hey that people.
Speaker 2: Now, I tell people all the time, I say it sucks getting old, but it beast alternative.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that's a good one. Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, black and you done gave a bar right there. Boy, you should be a battle rapper. That was a bomb. Yeah, hold on, hey, shit, bring that to me more time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks, get done, suck getting old. Yeah, it beat alternative. I'm fun of use that on Twitter. I mean something, man, Look, the thing is, when you're young, you just felt like like every day you just felt so good and you can.
Speaker 1: Bounce back quick. You can bounce back game quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, because hey, when I was in my twenty I uhoul to be able to you know.
Speaker 2: And now bound Yeah, hey what it didn't matter that that wasn't me and my teen's twenties thirties, I got older one gone, Hey, that's it, that's it the year. All I do is just look at the that they passed me by. Now, Hey, hey you remember, hey, when you was growing up, you remember saying that's my call, that's my call.
Speaker 3: I remember that. That's what I do now that my years o. Ye got to understand now we went from being young, right and saying that's my call, that's my call, to being able to go and get that car that call. Yeah. And then the funny thing about it is when you're young, you had people take care of you and your infant. Then you get to a point where you could take care of yourself, and then on the back end you're back at the point where you need somebody to take care of you again. Yeah. It's funny how life work, ain't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, we all got to do a my grandma say boy, we all got to do it.
Speaker 3: One day, We all got to do it.
Speaker 2: The Big Three is beginning play in the twenty twenty five of the New City base Model Season eight till soth June fourteenth at the All State Arena in Chicago on CBS for ten weeks of premiere three on three basketball action. Joe, tell us what the tell us? What we can expect this year from the three on three Tournament?
Speaker 3: A love.
Speaker 2: If you want to see a show, you want to see some great basketball. You want to see some guys in some shape compete at a high level. You come watch the Big Three. Come watch specifically the Detroit m May. We're not gonna be playing no silly games, you hear me?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh Joe, Yeah, well we touched the flow.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We're putting on a show.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm not playing you hear me. Three things we don't do. We don't play, we don't play, and we do not play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, were bringing it, baby, We bringing it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Jojo, Joe. We got myself, Jeremy Pargo. Okay, we got big d Block, He's our center, our big man. And we just got two dogs at the draft and Shakurse Stevenson and uh, what's the other a dude named Ray? I forgot ray last name. I'm sorry, but uh, we got some dogs Ni Nixon, Ray Nixon. So uh we got we got we got some athleticism, some dogs, some dudes who are gonna compete. I think at at the end of the day, when me and Jeremy and d Block kind of sat down and discussed and and George, uh, Gervin Iceman, who's coach, that's the coach. We discussed on what we needed as a team and what was gonna, you know, ultimately get us over the top and get us to a championship. And we came up with those two guys and we ended up getting the two guys who we wanted. So it's gonna be a special season for us. So y'all tune in, man, make sure y'all tune in. We're gonna be coming. Yeah, we're gonna check it out. I'm gonna check it out. I'm going to I'm going to a game now. Detroit ain't too far away from Miami to now. When you think about it, y'all talk about what y'all need is a team?
Speaker 3: Did you y'allself over the top of the pete for a championship, you know, and then the big three, y'all need an extra set of legs, an extra.
Speaker 1: Body or something.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, we're good. We're good, Bro, We're good. We appreciated good, We're good.
Speaker 3: Were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I wanted to say if Gilly, who picked up Gilly? I don't think nobody picked up Gilly. But he was there to come by, and they say he was putting some work to him. He was, Hey, Damon Killer, Yeah, Damon Gillier. Hey, look, Gilly got some game.
Speaker 1: He can play.
Speaker 4: I think you be talking crazy, the folks. Yeah, yeah, you can talk. He's been barking up the wrong tree, something like, oh yoe a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, they time time out.
Speaker 3: Don't don't do that, don't do that. Listen. I love Giddy. I love everything Gilly does. When Gilly touched that court board, Guinea could play some ball. Now I can come off the bench. How many NBA teams is it right now? Thirty? It's thirty NBA team Joe, yeah, right now, at forty seven, Joe, I can come on. I can come on the bitch for any any team right now. They contribute.
Speaker 1: What you talking about why give me your best attribute? What's your best attribute?
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 3: What you do?
Speaker 5: Nah, I'm saying, hey, look, if I go to the squad, oh Joe, I'm like, hey, look, I got old Joe. I need to be able to give them the description of what a descriptive of what it is that you do.
Speaker 1: What is it that you do?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact? See, that's the thing though, that's the thing, Joe, that's what makes me so special on the court. Joe, you can't even describe what I'm gonna bring to the team. I'm a fishing right, I'm a fishing one on one. I could put the ball on the floor. Anybody you put on me is a mismatch. You can't even really double that. You can't really double because if you double, you just got to kick that bitch shot. We got to make sure everybody else hit they shot. Now you get somebody like me coming off the bench, like, I'm gonna tell you I'm a mixture of Russell Westbrook and d Rose and his prime, Like that's how I play. So if y'all bring me in the I'm telling you that not only am I gonna put bus in the seats, I'm gonna I'm gonna put up points. Okay, Okay, you ain't even gotta pay me because I got like fifty seven them jobs. Okay, more money. I just want an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Okay. See but see he was talking so bad, Joe. You and hear what he said.
Speaker 2: He said he be efficient. He may have said official. He said efficient, but you bessed that part. But don't worry about it, Joe.
Speaker 3: Never forget Joe. When I was in high school, every Saturday I dropped fifty six, twelve or ten.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on on every Saturday.
Speaker 3: So we played satura. We played on Saturdays in high school.
Speaker 2: Man, high school play You play a couple of times a week in high school, right, Joe? High school we played on Tuesdays and Fridays. Man, it's Saturday. Them the little boy games. Man, this is no little boy games I played. I played play as six eight.
Speaker 3: Classic. I told you, asked you donnas about me? Ask you Donald's as happened about me? What I did him in high school?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: You ever heard the team playing on Saturday? Man, That's that's like junior high ball. Bro, That's like that, Okay, Joe, Joe, the people, Hey, Joe people one day two.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we played three times a week.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we play we played, we played like Monday, or we'll play a Tuesday and we play Friday, or we'll play Friday Saturday game. But we played sometimes two to three times a week. We just didn't have no one day a week to play the game.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen to me, Joe, I play in Miami sometime. Right, I play in Miami in open locker. Right, I'll be at Pepper Paul. Right. I got, you know, with my boy. You know, I bet it with Massole's and Yanks and we be able to having a good time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I go out there, Joe, just as a tune up, as a well for me, and I go out there, you know, run by six seven games and never come off the court.
Speaker 1: You win them all.
Speaker 3: Hey, I never come off the court. You know the game God eleven, I'm giving you six every game, Man, six every game.
Speaker 1: Hey, they say a lot, I don't care who tell it, dude it.
Speaker 3: Man thing about it. Listen the fact they ain't sing yet.
Speaker 1: Now we were at the fifteen, Joe, We were at the fifteen. Oh, Joe, lemb was the one on one.
Speaker 3: The first game is the fifteen. Uh, everybody all the game fifteen No, no, no, the game the first game when everybody comes to the park, the first game to fifteen. Every game after that a teen eleven. That's why why right every time you say I want to play Joe, we're gonna go to eleven because I know we ain't gonna make it a fifteen.
Speaker 1: But I thought that was the one on one. That's what they won on one of the level. I thought.
Speaker 3: Else, I'm listen, I'm giving Joe's handicap when to come to play against me. That's why I'm going to your level. Woa wa one want how I'm a handicaped playing against you? You slow, Joe. You don't understand how quick I am Joe to say, no joke, what man, Listen, we're gonna have to get this thing here jumping. Look, hey, you're gonna have excuses. The first thing they'll say, unher this time to play. I told him I'll come to that Lemma. First thing they'll say, oh, I came today, I gotta be of the wife. Oh I came today, I gotta walk the dog. You're gonna have all type of excuses.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you now, I'm gonna sure, I'm gonna I'm gonna hit my people over there for the howks.
Speaker 1: So make sure we get the practice facility so we.
Speaker 3: Can go in there and get on. It ain't gonna be We're going in the gym. Yeah, we're going to the gym.
Speaker 1: What's your mean?
Speaker 3: I want to play outside?
Speaker 1: I mean a concrete too. It's too hard. You there you go, there we go, there we.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 3: Hey, he done grew up in Buckingham Palace. He don't want to play outside. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. Hey Joe, you got Joe, you've got a problem with roaches? Like does that like that bother?
Speaker 1: You does bother? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, see Hey it's a booge ass nigga. Man, you don't want to He don't want to hoop man. He don't gone Hollywood. Hey, anybody anybody that say they live on they got a property. They don't want to hoop.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Lamb was talking about George Figures and said, we're both ones. Oh, Joe, are the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys gonna be a problem. I told ain't gonna be a problem, because I told you they was both ones. That's why I said what I said. Now, what everybody can do. They can't take out their head on vision. They thinking about everything Piggins was doing when he was in Pittsburgh, I would be ready too. Now, I'm not talking about the loafing, and I'm not talking about the lack of blocking, and I'm not talking about being lazy on certain plays which casts interceptions. I'm talking about being in a new environment, a new scenery with the nice great with a good quarterback, a top quarterback that can get you the ball, and they gonna use him. They're gonna use him. That's not gonna be no problems. And he's telling the truth. The goddamn Beangals got two number ones. The Philadelphia Eagles got two number ones. Hell, even the Commanders now got two number ones. Even though some people don't see Deebo Samme as a one, but he do so goddamn much, he might as well be a fucking one.
Speaker 1: They gonna be alright.
Speaker 3: I'm telling the cow the Cowboys, listen, don't don't I know the Eagles won the foot Bowl last year. If the Cowboys win the division, just I'm the first one said it. I'm the first one said it. Look at what offensively, look at what Saquon Barkley did for the Cowboys from an offensive perspective. Yeah, but so who's the I'm not mentioning him, right, I'm saying the counter that the counter that I'm saying pickings are gonna take it up and make up even more the production on the other side. That's all I'm saying. Oh, I'm saying, you don't Wash niggas take a take a six yard slant seventy Yeah, you then Washington catch sixty and seventy yard bombs. You know, CD gonna slice and dice out there. Obviously a CD lamb swat is yack his rat, you know. I mean he can go DP two, but he made he makes he make his money shortly and immediate and turn him into loan balls. I mean, you're listen. It's hard for me to explain, but you'll see when it happened. And one thing, the football, Joe, I don't ever be wrong.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you stand them Cowboys gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like that this year. They gonna be like that offensively. Now what they do on defense, I don't know nothing about that. I don't know nothing about that, but I can tell what's gonna happ offensively.
Speaker 1: You got to pick a party.
Speaker 3: We will stop, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Michael Parsons tweeted, CD done found a new best friend. Mac Wilson Senior music has taken the internet by star rocket Ship Max stage name has become a hit online and with a full EP dropping Friday, the twenty seven year old linebacker was asked a critical question, super Bowl or grabby super Bowl? Bro, I'd rather win the Super Bowl. I love rapping as well, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't take away from my passion I have for the game. Mack Wilson, who we play for Cardinals?
Speaker 1: What year is just for him?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven, so probably it's fourth or fifth, and so he's finna dropped that hour. He got a full LP. You got ep up there EP live, I mean, uh, Grammy or super Bowl? I mean if you and football? I mean well, I mean the thing is is kind of hard because he's doing both. I mean, normally a football player, you know, like Kobe. I think I think the first one ment of luck. But you know when Kobe won the Oscar for that animation of Dear Basketball, Yeah, I never seen him. I don't know if I seen it. That happen when he won his first championship. I've never seen nobody. I've never seen a player more excited about retirement than that I saw Kobe.
Speaker 1: I mean, he sorry in the event I think I think Quincy Jones.
Speaker 2: Would getting honored, and I went to an event, got an opportunity sit and talk to him.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen nobody so happy and his passion.
Speaker 2: He was as passionate about that animation and what he was doing as he was basketball.
Speaker 1: And I can see why he wanted Oscar and I can see why he was going to do.
Speaker 2: Big things in the film industry because that same passion that he had, that same burning desired, the unquenchable thirst, he had it for that.
Speaker 1: And that's why people are success.
Speaker 2: That's why a lot of times people that are are like professional athletes or people that are successful in one business become successful in other business. Because when you're passionate about something, you're passionate about it, and you go all you go all in. And so when you're passionate about something, you don't concerned about the hours that you got to work, You don't you're not tired from doing it. You just do it because that's your passion and you feel that my passion will be rewarded at the end of the day. I don't know when ain't no time nearly, no, no one month or no five months, no year to all I know is that this hard work is going to pay off.
Speaker 3: And you know when it comes to when it comes to stuff like when people love opening businesses or like to say or I want to open a business, or I want to do something. But when they're looking, they're looking for a quick turn around too, the poor quick turn around. There's no quick turnaround to success at all, and never those that take shortcuts. It's short lived. It's always short lived. But when you're passionate about something and you're willing to put the work in, even if it's a slow process or it's a slow grind, whatever it is, because you're passionate about it, you know at some point that work is gonna pay off. It always does, Joe does everything you do, it always pays off. It might take a month, it might take a year, hill it might take five. But because it's something you like and you continue to pour in it, and as you continue to pour in it, at some point when you pour a glass and you pour too much water in a glass at what at one point to do what old flow.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I agree with both of you.
Speaker 2: I think you know it's professionally ask at least we have an obsession of what it is that we do, whether it's football, basketball, whatever the case may be. And once you've done, it's hard to turn that off. So you take that obsession, you take it into the business world, whether you start a podcast, whether you open up a yoga studio, or whatever the case may be. And that's the thing that kind of keeps you going, you know what I mean, You understand what it takes to kind of get to that next level of what it is you're trying to do. And Nope, it's not gonna happen overnight. It's gonna take some time. It's gonna take some nurturing. You're gonna have to baby, you're gonna have to water it. You're gonna have to have to watch it growth. And that's just a part of it. And you know, being as I used to be a professional athlete, that's the only thing I did. I went from the went from playing ball, took took everything I learned from basketball as far as having to heal myself and know how to take care of myself and just brought into the yoga world.
Speaker 1: And man, I've been running every since. Bro, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like, hey, you know another small example, too wrong. I'm thinking about this too. We talk about passion, you know, and things that you like to do. Hell, I love it. I love I love to talk. You know, sometimes I don't. I don't make no sense of what I'm talking about based on a goddamn topic. But let's take Nightcap instance.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that should you hit me?
Speaker 3: I come to la ship if I love to talk? Should being on Nightcap? Or cause that's perfect about journey some about having a passion for something, right, Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when things aren't going well, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Like I told you, we weather the storm. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a crack, but she if we get some goddamn gorilla, good nigga passed that bitch up and you keep on going.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's simple, man and boy toil the wheels fall off, Man, we're gonna keep rolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to and like most athletes, especially like when you're good, they have discipline. Yeah, and when you start a business. You got to have discipline, Yeah, a lot of it. All right, we gonna get out of here on business. Now it's time for our final sigma the evening, it's time for Q and A. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Hey Joe, the fact that you think you could beat me in basketball? Matter of fact, hey, will let your ass gore? Enough said, I'm done. Brody Burton said, oh Joe's tattoos has all the names. He owed money to you doing people money? Oh Joe, Hey, I don't owe nobody. I don't owe nobody money, man, Oh nobody.
Speaker 1: How you fixed you?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get I promise you. I'm gonna get your money. I promise you finish your hundred a lot.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pay childs for if I pay you.
Speaker 1: Oh man, they ain't got nothing.
Speaker 2: I gotta do be. I got some bills I need to pay two. I told her whatever you need, I got bid life. Tyson said, O Joe is soldier boy, he did everything first.
Speaker 3: Hey you throw that true? That's true? Not true?
Speaker 1: King T.
Speaker 2: L said, I believe O Joe. He walked with doctor King salute Doctor Frank L. Bellam and said, hey, fam, oh Joe, how you bet people you already owe money to where they do that at dog That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: What hold on dot my bet?
Speaker 3: My bet was when Joe Joe owe me one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Let me try to throw me in there.
Speaker 4: And I'm just saying, but I'm saying, you bet you at the gaming table. Hey, you bet the gaming table. You re rolling dice and let me barn five hundred.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want hold on? You want to bet barn five hundred for me and then bet me you wanna fade me?
Speaker 3: Hold on? Let me can act, you can ask you something and the people in the chests y'all ever saw the movie The Gambler. Yes, then he go back and ask a shark for more money after losing money already.
Speaker 1: I ain't a You can't go to the bank.
Speaker 2: Bard money, don't pay them back and they say, you know what, I'm gonna pay you back with this next loan you give me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's why you got to go to a different bank at different location. I'm gonna put the word out on you don't bet Ocho. Uh Triple X skept saying to it, okay, see m p C.
Speaker 2: Will O jo pay U n C we'll see wolves in five, he said, woolves in five, Wolves in five. Hey Ojo brody Burn said, w c F o Cho Sinko, Pinko degayo.
Speaker 1: Your ex.
Speaker 2: Wolves in five fighters, It don't matter. Add mans fighter man mission of man, Wolves in six Kill Move said Top five NB NBA jerseys past the present, Jordan would be number one obviously, right. I don't think they're talking about numbers. I think they're talking about the like like Jerseys, the old school. Yeah, like the old Nuggast Jerseys. I go, old Nuggets, gotta go, uh old Phoenix, the Black Jerseys, oldest sons, Sons, the old Black retro Jersey.
Speaker 1: It's like two thousands. Yeah. I like the Miami Heat.
Speaker 3: I like the old the Vice City yeah Vice Yeah, yeah nice. Uh h, well that's.
Speaker 1: Old seventy six ers.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody mentioned the Celtics of the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Man they'vey been playing. They ain't got Nober, they got they got. I like, if you want to do the Purple I like the Purple Lake of Jerseys. The city editions, uh they needed, you know, they need to do. They need to have, like like the NFL be having throw the NBA need to have throwback jersey. Yeah, yeah, well the old jerseys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be hard.
Speaker 1: I like the nets, the nets, old jersey with the stars on the side. Well yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Joe, you remember.
Speaker 1: Y'all had on what you call them, y'all had y'all nicknames.
Speaker 2: They had the names on the back of the jersey. What time nickname? Game we played against the Heat that time? Yeah, I remember that. I remember that NFL need to do that, put nicknames. Yeah, they hadn't done that since they sold a lot of jerseys.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sheldon Pope said, was that a dirty file on Caitlyn Clark?
Speaker 1: Dead on Angel Reaes? No, that was the take file.
Speaker 3: What you do You know Angel Reach doesn't shoot free throws? Well, nothing cheap.
Speaker 1: I'm a filer. You want those two points, go to the free throw light and make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I thought it was a good heart, just just a good heart, good hard ass file, good hard file, Maamy kitl Look, guys, we can't make a big deal out of everything that happens between when these two teams get together.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 2: If if if Angel rees filed her, it can't be Oh she did that because you don't like her. If Caitlyn filed her, she did that because she Come on, man, we come on now. It was a hard file.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good hard file too.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Angel got up and reacted the way she did, like what's wrong with you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Gave Kaitlin a flagrant one h Angel and and and and Eliah Boston got text.
Speaker 3: We keep it moving.
Speaker 1: It's not that big of a deal. It's good.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care what happened. Y'all not gonna make I don't have to choose one or the other.
Speaker 1: I can like them both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think people are trying to make you choose one. Well, if you like Kaitlyn, you gotta hate Angel rees. If you like Angel, you gotta hate Haiting. No, I don't yeah, Dad Smith said, I promise you nobody is worried about the Cowgirls. Same team that had more talent two years ago with nine pro bowlers and got smacked by the Packers. True Keper knowing what Junior said, Oh my question, start bench cut John Elway, Freighton Manning, Tom Brady. I'm starting that way because I ain't wearing nothing with them other two guys. Peyton played for the Broncos. I will bench him.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Tom, Tom gotta go, I'll gotta go. I'm long to the song I picked then picking Broncos. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all thought I was gonna do with seven. Y'all thought I was gonna cut bench. I'm ana cut it never, Casey Taylor say, if you know ball, if you know ball, this is a good one. Dark bench cut Ricky Williams Clinton Porters c c J two k, Oh, Joe, who you got Ricky Williams, Clinton Porters.
Speaker 3: C J two K. I'm starting. I'm starting c J two K. Okay, I'm a I'm a I'm a bench. I'm a bench. I'm a bench Clinton, and I'm gonna cut rick Okay, what you gonna do? Joe?
Speaker 1: Say it again? Who is c J two K? I don't even know who that is? Chris Johnson play with you to see?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I do know who that is? Yeah, that boy he was a bad boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. So you can start Ricky Witch cut Ricky Williams. What you're gonna do with Ricky.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go with uh, I'm going with Chris Johnson Stark Chris, I'm gonna I got Ricky coming off the bench. Damn, I got to I got to cut it. Clem Porters Man, Clen Porter's bad boy man. Yeah, I played report for two years. Clyn Porter's a bad boy. That's that's a tough one. Kvon David said, what's good and O Joe currently deployed in the Mideast. What's your favorite sitcoms all time?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: That's easy, after the Son you Son? And Good Times, Good Times? Uh, Two and a half Men.
Speaker 3: Heyden Girls. What's what's two and a half Men with Charlie she Yep? Okay, yep, because remember what's the name to go over after Ashton Kutcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all say them, yall favorite sitcoms?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good Time to say and Shoving Son, Good Times, two and a half Men, Golden Girls, and uh I'm going.
Speaker 1: Martin, Yeah, Martin Frins Prince and uh.
Speaker 2: I'll probably go Jamie Jamie Fox Fox. Big Mike said, TV show Gladiators who went between y'all? Y'all remember the Gladiators used to come on Saturn?
Speaker 3: I remember Gladiators, Yeah, I remember that. I remember that Gladiator that was.
Speaker 1: That was dope. I watched the whole little backstory behind that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On on the stuff they had to go through. Ye oh, man, I I dust owe yo on some gladiator stuff.
Speaker 1: I ain't no what.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I tell some gladiator that man ain't man. Please, Hey y'all, Hey, you laughing a little bit too loud?
Speaker 3: Hey? Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Huh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How Joe gonna beat me in anything competitive when it comes to gladiator sports? Right? Anyhow, he had his own sport. Make it make sense, Joe, say here a gladiatory listen, glad football, that's a gladiator sport. Basketball, that's not a gladiator sport.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's not a gladiator sport, but it don't matter. I'm a Joe.
Speaker 3: Say he a gladiator though he's not. He's not. He it was a gladiator.
Speaker 2: You will play me one on one by now, Joe, you gonna have to just you know, you have to dust the nikes off and put it on, Joe.
Speaker 1: Joe, timing is everything. I ain't even got dust these things off. They read it. Yeah, I ain't. Hey, Joe, say the seasonbody starts from ready?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: It sounds good. Yeah, okay, So think about this.
Speaker 3: How about his own Joe? You play you played it too right now?
Speaker 1: I played whatever you need me to play.
Speaker 3: What's up? So I'm saying that me and you was over. Let's say we was at the heat, right, yeah, hypothetically speaking, okay, and it.
Speaker 4: Came down to me and you on the heat. Want to keep Yeah? But who you you thinking they gonna cut They cutting the ship out of you.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 1: It's oh, I gonna talk and mickey them. They cut you right off, dop.
Speaker 3: He ain't even thought, Hey, hey, Joe, think about this, Joe, how pat Roley gonna cut me? He knows I'm gonna get him twenty eight off the bench every night.
Speaker 1: He ain't going. He ain't. He ain't dealing with that foolishness you bring. They ain't dealing with.
Speaker 4: He ain't that look they got, they got pre practice practice, they got something before the pre practice. I'm gonna be at all of them.
Speaker 3: I love listen, I have. I have a passion for the game and any game I'm playing, So I'm gonna be at practice. I'm gonna be the first one in, the last one out. That's how I proasted the game. Now, I'm gonna have a little fun whileer game going on. No, you can't have no fun.
Speaker 1: There ain't gonna be no fun. What you mean You're gonna have some fun while the game going on?
Speaker 3: When I played again, I played like Jason Williams' passing the ball off my elbowing off.
Speaker 1: I ain't going, I ain't going.
Speaker 3: I'm right all right.
Speaker 1: That conclude this episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite dunk. Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host of guy that's wiping. His wiping is for it.
Speaker 1: It must be really hot in Texas.
Speaker 3: He hot young. I'm at the cigar, Bobby, let me here smoking. I'm telling you catch a flight I hit tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that subscribe, but please make sure you hit the like buton and our basketball correspond this Joe Johnson, I so so, Joe, Arkansas lum, little Rock native.
Speaker 1: Joe Again, great job, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys, Thank you for listening, thank you for watching, for downloading, sharing, whatever the case may be. O Joe and I now Joe, we can't thank you enough for your support of a nightcap. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier, the best testing VSOP on the market. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We're shipping directly to your door. Please drink responsibility, Stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay Shaped Media and My Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out the link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 2: Tickets for are Not Safe for Work Tour all on sale Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, La, Miami, NYC, Chicago and Detroit. Tickets can be found at Shayshapmedia dot com slash Tour that Shayshapmedia dot com slash tour Go get your tickets now and support Unk and Ojo. The Thunder advance and advance to the Western Conference Finals thanks to a one twenty five ninety three victory over the Denver Nuggets. Shave with sensation thirty three points, free steals three four from the three point line plus thirty two Jayleb Williams also tripped in with twenty four check Hogrid had thirteen, but Alex Carusso did a great job to play the boxing one on Jokich and he did.
Speaker 3: A great job of for rastling him.
Speaker 2: He had eleven points in twenty six minutes plus forty plus minus.
Speaker 1: They advanced.
Speaker 2: First game will be Tuesday night, don't they play Tuesday against Minnesota Tuesday night against the Minnesota timber Wolds for the chance to advance to the NBA Finals to take on the winner the Knicks Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us and we'll see you regard.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, Hey, Joe, coming to come to Houston tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What's going on in Heason?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna bring you to the Then we could we can smoke as the gun and then we can go play. We can play one on one at the Rockets Arena.
Speaker 1: We're gonna they gonna We're gonna do that another day. Ojo, you go there, you go, duck the gojo Ojo, Ojo.
Speaker 3: I got things to do.
Speaker 1: I can't come here. I'll tell you what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Excuses why y'all.
Speaker 1: No, look y'all gonna be in little soon. I'm gonna cay, I'm gonna catch you and then come to Houston.
Speaker 3: Is right down the street. I'm trying to take it.
Speaker 4: Ever at twenty nine, Oh Joe, I ain't got time tomorrow to come tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I can't do that visit well, I tell you boy, I'll tell you boy.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us. He's old Joe, he's Ai so Joe. Bet you guys.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on Tuesday. I see y'all tuesday later.
Speaker 2: The volume