Speaker 1: Chris, I have to ask you, man, because you are you know, you have your ear to the streets in the music business. What do you think who do you think won the Kendrick Lamar and Drake Beef?
Speaker 2: I mean, Kendrick Lamar are So you're up on it, Chris, Yeah, I know about it. Yeah, I've heard the song. I mean, yeah, I don't know exactly what who's the pedophile or whatever? But I know, I don't know exactly it Probably Drake, but but.
Speaker 3: I just don't know that I don't know the deats, you know, It's like I don't obviously Drake's a piece of fucking shit, but I don't know exactly how you know, And I'm glad that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that Kendrick filled it in for me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh, Hello the Internet. Welcome to Season three, forty four, Episode five of The Daily Hit. Guys, Guess what motherfucker's This is our seventeen hundredth fucking episode ever. And I'm sure somebody insight gang probably has a spreadsheet that will probably correct us, and we're off by like twenty episodes or something. But based on our calculations, this is episode seventeen hundred and it's been a wonderful ride these past sixteen hundred and ninety nine episodes being with You. But this is episode five of season three forty four. It's a production of iHeartRadio as Usual, and it's the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Friday, June twenty eighth, Friday, National Alaska Day, National Insurance Awareness Day, National Paul Bunyon, Man, Paul Bunyon. All Right, shout out Paul Bunyan in that big blue ox that you had. Was it ox calle babe or some shit?
Speaker 4: He was a real person that'sout that big a listening.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's you know, like those tall tales are always like half real.
Speaker 2: And half being like something.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, Like just like, man, this guy was a hard work Jesus. Yeah. Man. He was a community organized just like Barack Obama. Anyway, My name is Miles Gray aka Miles on The Daily See with hosts Jackie Snee Males on The Daily Ze does his best Ee scream. Okay, shout out to everybody, you know, I do the Dan scream at the top of the show. Shout out to bottles and fans for that scream inspired AKA. And yes, you know, if I'm talking first, that means Jack is out. You know what, He's enjoying a nice summer break. So everybody said your well wishes and wishes of rest to him and his family as they go on their little trip. But I am thrilled to be joined in the co host spot with one of my favorite people, to co host the show with Chicago's very own, one of the greatest game show hosts of all time, one of the funniest improvisers out there, one of the funniest people out there, one of the kindest human beings out there. Please welcome to the microphone mister Jackie's.
Speaker 2: Now Oh.
Speaker 4: Jackiees daily with Hopest Miles Gene Jackie's own Daily Z. And we see they're not like us. They're not like us, They not like us.
Speaker 1: What did you watch the pop out?
Speaker 4: I did watch. I was so sad that I couldn't go. I was celebrating an anniversary, as we celebrating an anniversary, and I couldn't go for love, And really is it love if you can't go to Kendrick on June two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it real?
Speaker 1: Love? Like who do you want to be with more? I'm like, honestly, to keep me out maybe. Oh well, Jackies, it's really good to have you. I was thinking of you because I read some article about how Disneyland is changing, like their Genie pass system or something. Understand what was going on, But you have to stay at a hotel or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's nothing and has nothing to do with anything, because we have one of our favorite guests of all time, one of the listener's favorite guests of all time. This is a man who you know, has has really inspired the imaginations of people across the country with his YouTube searches and his niche interests and obviously his love of cold brew. The Poetry Window will consider that ship open because we are welcoming in our third seat our guest today, mister Chris Croft.
Speaker 2: What's up, Chris, Welcome to the Chriscroft and Daily Zi guys. Okay, such a lovely place, such a lovely place. I've been through the desert on a horse named Chris Croft, and it feel good to be out of the Daily Geist. Love that those aka is brought to you by me, Am Wow.
Speaker 1: The eagles and then Neil Young.
Speaker 4: I know, two champions, two champions of the white community.
Speaker 1: Last time, I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't know what you didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I thought Horse with No Name was a Neil Young song. But it's not. It's some dude who is trying to be like Neil I guess what what what dudes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some dudes trying to sound like Neil Young. Yeah, America.
Speaker 1: And then you recognize obviously part of Jaquies's AKA not like Us, because, like I was quizzing you before, you you have intersected with the Kendrick Lamar beef ending track not like Us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I cannot I can't believe. I'm just I'm just humbled as a white man to know about it. Yeah, well, you know, and I and I and it's just a testament to how far that has gone that a man my age of my complexion knows about this fucking beef?
Speaker 1: Did you know? And I, Chris, was it like a thing where you're like, what, what? Why does everybody keep talking about miners and stuff? The fuck is going on? And then you just kind of naturally figured it out or on YouTube enough that you figured.
Speaker 2: It out I just fucking I'm online, yeah, way too much. And so I know about a little bit about Drake being accused of that sort of stuff, and then I but I didn't know. I mean obviously, and I know Kendrick Lamar a little bit, but so I don't exactly know. I don't know that I know, I've heard this song, I've heard the song. I've heard the song. I just don't know exactly what is going on or Yeah that's fine. But I think that as far as I can tell, it was a big win for Kendrick yeah yeah, yeah, and a big loss for Drake.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but I think he'll be back because Drake's like Avengers movies for the music industry, like they need they need him to generate hits. But we'll see. The brand is pretty fucked up though at the moment.
Speaker 4: So I mean I say this, like Drake is gonna sell records.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, when he makes a.
Speaker 4: Song, and especially if it's a hit, it's gonna get radio play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he's got in the rap community, yeah that is, yeah, it's he is people will forever. Yeah.
Speaker 5: People are not looking at him. He will be viewed as like right, like hip hop fans right for sure. For sure Capital H fans, Capitol H hip hop fans exactly.
Speaker 1: You know who you are. Well, Chris, it's great to have you. We're gonna tease out what we may get to may not get to, because obviously when we got the cold Brew gon On, we never know where this fucking thing goes. We might get to talk about how RFK, while the actual presidential debate was happening, had his own little debate by himself. Then we'll talk about the latest attempt at quote unquote comedy from the right. It's a I guess it's like a all in the Family kind of version. I don't know. I don't know what they're describing it as. Look, you already know that it's not going to be good. And maybe we'll get to the fact that al Michaels will be doing some voice recaps for the Olympics, but using AI because it won't be him, just his voice model. We'll get into that, maybe more, maybe less, we don't know with all that. But first, Chris Crofton, you know the first question we always have to ask, which is what is something from your search history that is a feeling about who you are? What's you're interested in what you were just trying to figure out in life.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is gonna be you know, this is gonna be a letdown. I mean, it's not magnet fishing, it's not you know, watching metal detecting, it's not abandoned minds. Lately, it's been a ton of old eighties pro wrestling because it makes me feel good and and nothing else does that for me quite that way. This just it just takes me back to before Ai, before fucking all the news was just about Donald Trump and that's all. It just takes me back to a time that it's, uh, you know, it's just a simpler fucking time when when wrestling was regional theater, when you could be a fat, drunk, drunk guy and be a wrestler, which would have been me, you know what I mean, like a time where I could have been a wrestler.
Speaker 4: Just what you could just with your restaurant name, yeah it was your wrestling name. What would be a wrestling name?
Speaker 2: I mean now would probably be some fucking Colbrew bullshit, But back then it would have been like, you know, I don't know that, just like I don't know what the thumb tack or some shit like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, thumb tack?
Speaker 1: Okay, what would your finishing what's your signature move be? Would it be you lifted anybody? The thumb tack would be the finishing move. I mean, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You just.
Speaker 1: Right right, right back.
Speaker 2: Then you just put ox side of your hair and showed up with a hangover and you were good to go. Put on some tights, steal them from a jobber.
Speaker 1: Wait, was there was there a show like? Was there? Are there specific wrestlers that you watched they bring you this feeling? Are you just the aesthetic of eighties wrestling in general?
Speaker 2: You're like, yep, I was only in love with it because for me growing up in in Uh, I grew up jack Keston, fucking Connecticut, and I grew up in the part of Connecticut that you would assume like kind of like the fucking the part of Connecticut that earned Connecticut it's shitty reputation, like the golf and the Scotch and the fucking. Except my dad moved us there and then had a nervous breakdown and didn't cut the grass and stuff, so we had a different experience there. It was kind of like being in an autoclave. I actually don't even know what an autoclave is, but it was kind of like being in something bad no AutoPlay, like autola. I think that's where they sterilized. I've never done a podcast before, another podcast before, so I might be just saying crazy shit because I'm all talked out or something. But now autoclave is not the right thing to say. Autoclave is where they sterilized surgical instruments. So that's not at all. My childhood was like.
Speaker 1: It was sterilized it.
Speaker 2: It was a trauma fest and it was anyway. So like like I didn't know what job to have because where I grew up they this happened. I don't know if anybody can relate to this, but when they're trying to figure out what to do with a funny kid, they don't know what to do. That's not a job, you know, right, So they're like, you're funny. You should be a lawyer. That's what they told me, because there are only two jobs on the menu, like lawyer, or maybe three like doc after lawyer, stockbroker, right right, So they were like, you're not going to be a stock broker because you talk too much and you can't be a doctor because you talk too much. But a lawyer, you could be a lawyer. So I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I just thought I was going to be a lawyer. There's no internet. I didn't know what jobs there were. I thought it was only three jobs. I thought the whole country just wore fucking khakis and went skiing. I had no idea what was happening. And then wrestling, man. I turned the channel and there was fucking wrestling out of nowhere. Men grown ass men with peroxided hair. Yeah, they were making a living having peroxided hair as the main thing they had to do to make a living. And besides that shit yeah yeah, and just like but they because then back then this is the thing. They didn't have to even be in shape or anything. They were just alcoholics. Would you and I was also an alcoholic?
Speaker 1: They were they? What would I mean? Jackiees, I know you're a huge wrestling fan too, Like I know, every the aesthetic looks so different now, like everybody looks like they're cut from fucking marble and shit, But like it's true, like with like Hacksaw, Jim Duggan and those dudes, back in the day.
Speaker 4: You're like, I mean you definitely had you definitely had more people that were just brutes, you know, just just everyday man, you know what I'm saying, just the everyday Joe and then the other half of the people were completely jacked on steroids. Right, it was nowhere between. It was Dusty Rhoades or Hulk Hog, right like those were, or Andre the Giant.
Speaker 1: You know, did you ever hear like a rumor I remember growing up that like the Ultimate war I remember people I thought the Ultimate Warrior died because he did too many steroids.
Speaker 4: I mean, was that the thing. I'm sure he died eight because he did too many steroids, but.
Speaker 1: I think this was, yeah, I think this is while he was still wrestling. I think it was just like you know, like when you hear wrestling line's secondhand and you're like, that's in the thing. He may have I know he died in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: It looks like, yeah, he died, like he came back to Vince McMahon probably started that room and was like, I hate this man, started rooming. He died because was very petty and you know, and we know a lot of shit about him now but then he came back to the WWE, which was like could never say never thing because you know, he hated fencing the WWE. He came back to the WWE, got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, like, came to Monday Night Rawl, did a promo like the Ultimate Warrior. You know, you guys are with me, and then died the next morning.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: And I don't think he died from steroids like in the moment, but he did. Long term, those guys, you know, all especially those eighties guys died before that that you could be like a normal you know, you didn't have to like you could just be sort of out of shape.
Speaker 1: It was it was local.
Speaker 2: It all revolved around I'm talking about like before cable television like elevated like w w F and and and took it like nationwide. There were just like everything revolved around the local TV station. So each wrestling community had their own little you can watch it on, like Vice's Dark Side in the Ring talks about the territories, like you know, it was just like a very It was like a regional theater company full of except just full of lunatics that you know, original theater company where you get drunk like.
Speaker 4: Every day from the head and some of the bigger stars would come to other territories and just chopping and then you'd be like, oh, shoot, Rickyler is here.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: That was like a yeah, it was like a very. It was very like very. It was very blue collar. I mean it was like it was.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like everybody could get a job in wrestling. I'm not making it tell it. It wasn't like it was a union job or something. But but it was like much it was much closer to something that was like, you know, it hadn't been monopolized, like there was this there was this guy. Like but the stories make me happy, like just like they're not great good stories. You know, they're all like usually about just men behaving horribly. But there was this guy named buzz Sawyer. He died of at age thirty one of a cocaine overdose. Oh my god. But the stories like like about him as he was just like a good worker, meant like, but he was a terrible person. Like he was a terrible person, but he was a good worker. So we liked having him around. But he didn't bring his own stuff to the wrestling Like he would go come, he'd just be an up for three days or whatever. He was an ex like college wrestler. Like he was like a very good wrestler, but he just like went berserk or something, you know, and he he would show up to the studio and he wouldn't bring his own stuff. So the jobbers, the guys who would have to get paid fifty bucks to lose, you know, to the to the name people, he would just take their equipment, like he would just take their tights and their boots and like and then like fucking just he was horrible and then he beat the fuck out of him, like really bad. Like I don't like watching his squash matches because then in the real matches with the celebrities he would hit them in a normal, nice, fake manner, but he'd beat the fuck out of those like regular guys. Yeah, he was not nice. But my fit story about him is they went to Japan and Buzz Sawyer was so fucked up, like he always was, and people were always like, man, he was a good worker, but total piece of shit. Like like it's so funny watching shoot interviews about Buz Sawyer because everybody's like, yeah, he was a special one. He was not a good guy, but he was a great, great work. But he was going through customs and he didn't want to wait because he wanted to go to a bar, so he threw his luggage in the garbage and just so he could walk through. Yes, Jesus Christ. And that was like, that was a story.
Speaker 4: When customers was probably easy as hell to get through.
Speaker 2: Like the last time I saw him, he said, cause he died really young. Like the last time I saw him, we were waiting in line for customs all the way back from Japan, and he just wanted to go to a bar and he didn't want to wait, so he threw his lug into the garbage. And that was the last time I saw him.
Speaker 1: It's like and I just thought that was.
Speaker 2: Such a power move to throw your luggage.
Speaker 1: In the power move, and like so tragic too, And you're like, God, that's I.
Speaker 2: Can relate, you know what I mean. It's like seeing The Lighthouse.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I saw that movie The Lighthouse, and I was like, that looks like the nineties.
Speaker 1: Griz. What's something you think, Chris, What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Something that's underrated is hold on, let me look at my notes here. I wrote down Jimmy Webb and I wrote down therapist. Okay, good. I guess underrated would be overrated would be not going to a therapist, but also overrated would be saying that just going to a therapist is going to fix your shit. Like I'm tired people saying like, oh, just go to therapy. I went to therapy, Like I went to therapy and I got it done, and now you have to do it. It's like fuck that, Like it's an endless, endless journey. There's no there's no go to therapy and get done with it. And there's a lot of like.
Speaker 1: You mean, like the perception that like merely just saying like, just go to therapy and then everything is solved, rather than like it's a whole process.
Speaker 2: I agree that men will not go to therapy, right, but just because you went to therapy like doesn't mean anything. Like that doesn't mean you did the work, and it doesn't mean you're all better.
Speaker 4: There's still many pieces of ship who go to therapy like all.
Speaker 2: Right, and then are like now that makes me impervious to criticism because I went to therapy that that's not how it works. It's a it's a constant journey, like or an endless journey. And so I started seeing this therapist and I'm really just doing this because I just I want to figure out a way to tell this story. So this therapist, this is a new therapist, right, And he's a dude. And I usually go to women therapists because I was raised by my mom basically, and I don't like men. I don't like them telling me what to do because I happen to me, so I resistant. Also I can't. I just don't like I feel more comfortable with women, I feel safer with women. And so this guy was basically trying to tell me that I needed more masculine in my in my life. This is just happening. This is like last week, you know what I mean. And I was like getting so mad because I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what you know, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, you know that is nothing you.
Speaker 1: Do with To me was I'm just I'm just trying to connect the dots here.
Speaker 2: Okay. Wrestling to me was there's no dots, that's all black wrestling to me was like my introduction to like art. I mean wrestling to me was art. This was people doing regional theater. I mean people don't say it that way, but that's.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 2: It was like little theater.
Speaker 1: True, what what is the therapist saying? What exactly was the imbalance in your life that this therapist is like you need more masculine?
Speaker 2: Like, what are we doing? This is the thing. I took my hat off.
Speaker 1: It's like off my dome.
Speaker 2: So uh he he was just saying, like, you know, you don't have enough masculine influence your life. You're you're He started saying, like how Carl Jung said creativity was female. It was making me like I was starting to think I was getting red pilled. Right then, that's what it's all right at our.
Speaker 4: Big ass ages. We ain't got to due at this point.
Speaker 1: It's too late, bro, Yeah, like yeah, you're not an eight year old boy with.
Speaker 2: Well I would. So here's.
Speaker 1: Becoming some lot lizard?
Speaker 2: Like come on now, are you telling me to become a lot lizard? Yeah? Kind of like I'm scared standing up with Colebrew all of my face. Are you telling me to become a lot lizard? So no, I guess his point was I think I understood his point, but at first it was like that I took it like, what are you talking about? Like, so he said, what do you think is a good quality and a man?
Speaker 4: M hm?
Speaker 2: And I seriously was like, oh, I was like, what do men represent in terms of good qualities? Another pause, and I finally said kindness? And I said that's not true. That's all I could get. I couldn't think of a single thing.
Speaker 1: Well, why is it also like specific to like gender, Well, that is true, or being like a person like I don't is there a specific thing you need as a man, you know, versus like just as a human being? Like qualities that.
Speaker 2: I think he was saying, like he was trying to say in my life having a dysfunctional father, who I love my father, but he was like an example. He was like a cautionary tale, Like all I could learn from him is what not to do right, And I didn't. He didn't talk to me, so I had no and because he had because he was like want to talk about fucking Stalin? Only you know, he had no friends. So he had no friends, like they want his friends. There are no men around anyway, like you know what my dad would like Chase them all away because any man that came around wanted to talk about, like, you know, fucking football, And my dad was like, yeah, but what about the Holocaust?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You know? You later you know what I mean, because my dad just thought associating. He wanted to let people know that he'd had a lot of trauma and that that was what he thought about. That's what I think about trauma. You know that that's not you know, most people don't want to hear about that all the time, including me growing up. I don't want to hear like only about like like Stalin. But that's what happened. Yeah, I don't. My dad talks about Stalin so much. We were talking about thinking about getting a Stalin belt buckle, so uh so he seriously, but it's just him trying to say that he understands injustice. That's what you think about. It's like you you might want to talk about football, I want to talk about Stalin right, just to kind of show you. It's him trying to seem like an intellectual. You know, so there are just no men around. And I think his point was was that like that I need I do feel like that absence in my life when I go around the world. If I meet a man that has this shit even remotely together, I'm kind of like daddy, Like it's pretty embarrassing. It's like, you know, I feel this instinct when I'm around some dude who's got a ship together that I want to move into his house, right, And I don't know what that is, and it's kind of embarrassing. And now I know. I didn't know what it is, and now I know what it is. It's just like simply that I'm like not used to a dude that is kind and has this ship together. I did not have them around and they do exist. So I guess that was his point was to try and find some positive role models that are men, and in this case through AA because that's.
Speaker 4: My right, Chris is you went to therapy and you're all better now?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, what is? What is really? What it really? I was just trying to figure out a way to tell this story about how he asked me what was good about men? And it took me like an I was quiet for like an hour and then finally said kindness. Now that's true, right, So that's that was really why I wanted to bring it up. But I also do want to bring up that we all need tending to. And I mean that in a positive way. I don't mean to say like if you say you went to therapy, that's good, but there is no went to therapy in my opinion. First of all, you can have the worst therapists in the world. You can get a therapist that will tell you anything. Sure. You know, my dad went to therapy for years and told the therapist that he was a genius in his family was holding hit him back, you know, And that's all the therapists knew. When Yeah, and that's the therapists going to go on with they're told. So when the therapist met us there, you know, he was like, there's the people that held my client back, right. We were like, you have no fucking idea. You want to hear what really happened, you know.
Speaker 4: So anyway, my therapist to this day thinks I've had an affair with Beyonce.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm talking about I can't man, I had I can't get anything done.
Speaker 4: Beyonce will not stop blowing up his bon on my phone.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, I've had some shitty therapy. I had one dude tell me that I shouldn't let women have sex with me on top? With a woman on top?
Speaker 4: What? Yeah, but he was really trying to tell you, Miles, what you got to be doing this work.
Speaker 1: He's like, you need to actually be like you know, like as a man, this might be the same dominant from I was like, what the fuck? What's this guy'smer It sounds like I'll tell you later, But now this dude.
Speaker 2: It sounds like my guy.
Speaker 4: Was this a therapist of color?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: He was like he was ethnically ambiguous. He was not. I could not put my finger on it, but I would not say that he was white. Okay, he was fizy, but yeah, yeah, there was some flavor in there. I couldn't quite pinpoint it. You never found out, nah, because after that I was like, this dude is tripping bro, Like, like, how what the fuck does that have to do with my fear of failure?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm in here trying to sort out some real shit. And then your solution is like, don't let them women get on top of you. That's not gonna lose your erection.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna don't let women how girl, you boy, don't let them, yeah, cow girl.
Speaker 1: Like you don't want a woman to dominate you, do you?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck? That's funnier my story. That's like, actually one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I've heard, so they're fucking bad.
Speaker 4: It was so I just did you listen for like a week or two You're like, no, no, baby, get off me, Get off me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, man, I gotta be the man, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I want to, you know, work the middle anyway, So, Chris, that was your overrated? What's your underrated?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that was. In terms of an overrated underrated I would say telling boomers to shut the fuck up? Wow, underrated underrated? Yeah, people do not do it enough about what about everything they're supposed to be dead? We're all supposed to be dead already, first of all, So everything they say they're supposed to be dead, or at least.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't be allowed to vote, Okay, And I like that. That's why you know your presidential bid is alluring to me.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm serious. Oh, anybody over seventy can't vote in my America, no fucking way. Yeah, yeah, certainly not only them, which is you got to deal with it.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to deal with it.
Speaker 4: You got to have a specific law, like a specific like things on a ballot, like all right, this is for the seniors, like lit's vote on social Yeah yeah, or just.
Speaker 2: Give them a fake slate of things like Fox News stuff. But if they could vote on it, but it doesn't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: If the effects of a certain bill will go further than this person's lifespan, then yeah, I think then maybe yeah, let the people that have to deal with it have You could.
Speaker 2: Also give them a fake slate if they feel bad, they could have their own little fake slate where they vote for gas stoves or whatever they like to do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Also, you can't take away my stove.
Speaker 1: Were you also about to say, Jimmy Webb? I know you you read who the fuck you know who? Jimmy Webb was no, no, because I was going to put me on the game. So who's Jimmy Okay?
Speaker 2: Jimmy Webb is the guy who wrote Whichita Lineman, Oh, the song which Taal Lineman. He wrote by the time I got to Phoenix, Oh, by the time I what is get to Phoenix? You know what, you know what those songs are? Okay, okay, well, I mean I forget sometimes that I am old, but this reminds me. That's why I like to come on the daily. He's like guys to just confuse miles about, like you know, and who Neil Young is and so uh so, Jimmy Webb wrote, have you ever heard of the band the Fifth Dimension? No? Vaguely vague? They were a big, big, big band in the late sixties. So what Jimmy Webb was seventeen years old he became a songwriter for on a huge level. He moved from Oklahoma to Hollywood to become a songwriter, and when he was seventeen he started writing major hits. And actually he did his best writing when he was seventeen and eighteen years old. And then after that he kind of got into drugs and he was a horrible person, like all the fucking sex ship and don't even look him up.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, it's like the woman on top.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he didn't. He definitely he did, seriously, probably do that for years on the advice of his karate teacher. But uh, you know, karate teachers were also like therapist back then right, that was the first.
Speaker 1: That was the man's first therapist was like yeah, like every now and then.
Speaker 2: The karate teacher just be like, how you doing, man? Yeah, my wife left me too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: No one's ever asked me that before. No man has ever asked me how I was doing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, Jimmy Webb, Who's who's written some of the greatest songs ever that I love very much. I love the song the Moon's a Harsh Mistress And as a songwriter, Moon's a Harsh Mistress was a hit for Linda Ronstadt, a hit for Glenn Campbell. Glenn Campbell was the main guy that he wrote for. He also wrote the Highwayman, that song the it Doesn't matter fucking They are all these like legendary to Neil Hamburger, legendary legendary songs, you know what I mean. Like and Jimmy, Jimmy Webb, I thought would be fun to go see because he was in town, and I was like, I never go to see concerts, and there are times where I miss concerts that I'm like, oh, that's probably gonna be lame, you know, But then people say, oh, I went and saw you know, Todd Rudgren or whatever, and it was incredible, you know what I mean, Because I'm like, look at Tom Rudgren's show, and I'm thinking, he's seventy whatever years old. He's gonna suck. He's gonna play like you know, he's gonna play I don't know all keyboard said or something of his guitar music, or I think he's gonna do some weird shit that I don't want to see because he's old. But then sometimes I miss those shows and people say, you missed it, it was great, So I decide I'm gonna get tickets. They're sixty bucks each was a fee, so it's like one hundred and forty dollars investment. It's at the Country Music Hall Fame here in Nashville. And Jimmy Webb's seventy seven years old, right, But he wrote those hits when he was seventeen, so that means that people listening to him were thirty, which means his fans are ninety years old.
Speaker 1: Right. So the show, the vibe, what were the vibes? I get the show?
Speaker 4: Fucking cracker bear, ooh, goodass pancakes and biscuits, cracker barrel, fucking I don't know, insurrection and let me tell you, though, let me tell you black people love them from Cracker Barrel. We love them, Raise this pancakes, Cracker.
Speaker 2: Actually, that was too hard on Cracker. I love Cracker bro too.
Speaker 1: I heard business wise they're doing they're suffering right here.
Speaker 2: Crackerberroll is the only place I ever ate where I had proper amount of food. I grew up like we were not. Like my mom didn't know how to cook food. So she knew, yeah, she only cooked for four and we had six, and she didn't know how to cook for more. And she'd be like, listen, I know it's not enough food, but everybody can just shut up because I hate fucking cooking anyway.
Speaker 1: So he uh what the Jimmy Webshow was pretty cool what.
Speaker 2: Happened, So listen, so listen. So I love so I love these Jimmy web songs. I'm putting aside, like just because fucking David Bowie and Mick Jagger and Robert Plant they all were having sex in ways no one wants to think about. So I do I do? I love the songs. So I did that. First of all, I went through that art from artists cause I'm like I love these songs. I'm a songwriter. I want to see this guy. This guy's a master songwriter. I want to see him live. He's seventy seven, he's probably not gonna be doing this much longer. But it turns out he's vibrant, he's fine, he's bragging. He played four songs in an hour and ten minutes. The rest of the time he talked, and I didn't know it was songs and stories, so he just told stories. I know everything about everything from YouTube. I know everything there is to know about the sixties and the seventies, and also just from being alive with the fucking boomer's battering me over the head over and over again with woodstock and fucking grainy footage of the fucking you know, the goddamn I don't know led Zeppelin whatever, just like the good old days of a million years ago that we've had to live with as if like just over and over be told the best time in life was seventy years ago, and everyone alive now doesn't know how great it was, just because these fools have had control of our TV airwaves for the last fifty years and they've just rebroadcast Woodstock and so The point is the point is that I almost went crazy in that show. He was telling stories. He said Laurel Canyon. I was like, you fucking say, you boomer, you say Laurel Canyon one more fucking time to me say it, say Laurel Kanyon, you piece of fucking shit, Stop talking. You know what I'm talking about, Like I'm talking about those things that they have hypnotized generation after generation that their sty child was the best child there. And that's all he did the whole time is he talked about how great it was and how songwriters today aren't as good. All the good ones are dead. It was just one of these things where boomers do not know right that you don't talk for twenty five fuckings over when you pay people have paid sixty dollars you play a fucking West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly true. All right, well, Chris, we're gonna have to take a quick break, but when we come back, I'm gonna have to get everyone's take on the latest bit of comedy from the right wing, because we've got it pretty good, pretty good panel here to discuss this. We're gonna take quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: So the right wing. They're trying to do comedy again. There is a new terrible fucking cartoon, as they describe sitcom because they have canned laughs in it dropped on Twitter, and it's as bad as you'd imagine. It's called The New Norm about a guy named Norm. And the creators have been like pitching this for a while because and it's also gotten zero traction because it's awful and bad and regressive, and like they've been telling potential networks like it's like a spiritual companion to all in the family, but like without the self awareness at all. And the creators behind this mess uploaded like a three minute clip that we just watched. They're calling it a pilot and they are begging people for money to help. As they literally describe it to quote fight the woke mind virus. The jokes were as predictable as everything you think right when comedy is, which is basically saying like trying to be like I like. It all distills down to these people are different and they want respect. That's so fucking dumb, ha ha ha, And then they use you know whatever culture warshit. There was like a rainbow can of beer. Later on in the episode, I guess the kids, like the high school they go to was renamed Colin Kaepernick High School, and everything was like, oh, so woke, Chris. You look you haven't your facial expression has expression has not changed. I think since that came on, And I'm just mad.
Speaker 2: I'm just mad. I mean I I to me, it's like a Nazi sitcom making fun of Jews. I mean, it's the same fucking shit. It's not even it's not even what is just code for vermin and Jews And it's not it's not it's not a thing, it's it's it's just a it's just a code word for everything non white, non non white, non non straight. I mean it's not it's not fucking funny. But it's like, not only is it not funny, it's it's violent. I mean whatever that that person was calling that guy that in that.
Speaker 1: Cliss yeah, well of course, yeah. Everything. And there's like jokes about identifying as inanimate objects, which is a thing you know of homophobic, transphobic people love to do and be like, oh yeah, like this person identifies as a There's like a thing where a guy was joining a high school karate class. He's like because identify as like a seventeen year old high school student, and they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so so the whole thing. I don't know if people remember how Nazis came to power, but they they talked about what they described as like, uh, basically their idea, the same exact thing is what I'm about to say. They accused minorities of subverting the fabric of Germany. They they they wanted a throwback to later hosen and white people. It was just make Germany great again. And that's exactly what this is. And that's why it's not funny, it's not even and it's disguised because now they know enough to not they can't come back wearing outfits. They have like a big logo on them that say you know that say like they can't make it like a thing that like a like a like an anti woke like design that is reminiscent of a swastika. But that's what this ship is. So it's like and they're trying to sneak it into the discourse by saying it's a TV show and and and that's what. And they got Dave Rubin, who is a gay man that is one of these people that like thinks. I don't know that he's going to be safer if he hides in the in the complex that wants to eradicate him, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like this is you know, this is just like this is this is like the a version of collaborators. I hate to say it, but you know, like fucking Dave Rubens a collaborator. Like I don't even know who Larry Elder is, but I know who Dave Ruben is because I watched Sam Ceter and Sam Seter just makes fun of David.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah. Larry Elder he ran for he ran for governor in California. Yeah, and he's like a black conservative like talk person Jack.
Speaker 4: He isn't not funny because you know the content, right, that's a given just comedically is also ass It was so bad.
Speaker 1: There's no sense of well, there's no sense of irony at all because just pointing a finger at different people the whole time.
Speaker 4: Also, I've never heard a lap track that then had like chatter and like every lab track was laughter, and then it was like yeah, yeah, right, I know that's right, Like what that's not a lap track, that's somebody talking in the living room, it's yeah crazy.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, to Chris's point, like it is, there is just something so disturbing when like what they especially, you know, like there's obviously Gutfeld who tries to make jokes or whatever, but it's still coming from the same fucking tree. But this truly is just sort of like how do we how do we just be racist? Racist, homophobic, anti progress, anti everything? But but we can't. We're not making jokes. We're just gonna make caricatures of people to sort of just keep up, keep the outrage up, to be like, yeah, and it's normal to think this ship is bad and that you hate it too, because it's.
Speaker 4: Funny normal, yeah, because normally and the funny thing is, you know, obviously they're trying to go for some modern version of All in the Family with you know, even like the main character looks like some archie bunker and and you know, like that's that's the funny part is like, look, I you know, I don't need to wax poetic about how terrible their content is like that it is, it fucking is. But it's just like if you're gonna do this shit, it dude, Like All in the Family was also to black people. It was very racist. You know, it's a very racist show. But but but in a way that was like, oh, you're not I don't want to say palatable, but it was just like this.
Speaker 1: There was a self awareness.
Speaker 4: There's a self awareness to that, right, and I know, like it's a different like creator and things like that. Like that was the purpose of that was to show how unprogressive and how bad Archie Bunker was. But it's also just like you guys that they are so enthralled with how much they hate all of us that they are not even creative with it. Like you're not even creative with it, and it's like that's even more insulting. It's like you're gonna be bad and bad.
Speaker 2: It's basically I.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just gonna take all of my terrible beliefs and make them cartoons. Like there's there's a like there's a lot of fucking weird shit in this and I think, yeah, like you're saying, Chris, they're just this is just like it's propaganda that they're just pretending is entertainment. But really, like the message is so clear of just like like fuck everything that isn't sishead, normy conservative America, and that's bad and fuck at all. Like there's even a depiction of Assistant Health and Human Services Secretary Rachel Levine where there's like a star of David like on her uniform. It's just really fucking it's really fucked up, And I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing funny about attempting to move people to violence against people, you know, which is what the insurrection was a result. The insurrection was a result of this sort of thing where they are ready to hang Mike Pence, like, you know, what's Mike Pence except for in this case a stand in for like a cock or a you know, I mean, you know, you know, in that case, Mike Pence was cast as the lefty because which shows you how how like he's a white he's a cis white man. And they were ready to they were ready to hang him because and they were actually trying to hang him for real, because he was supposed to be like left leaning, like forget about whether if he was gay, or or or non binary or even just liberal for real, I mean, they were gonna hang Mike Pence, So do what the what does that mean that they want to do to everybody of color? Everybody of different fucking political uh persuasion. I mean, it's just it's just we've already seen it. These people are capable of violence. This is just a call to violence. It's not a sitcom. This is a call to violence. And that's why it's not funny. It's not funny because all in the family was about thinking this shit was about to go away. It was all about like Meathead and his being like, shut the fuck up, dad, you're aged out. It's the sixties, work on the way to a better life. But it's like Archie Bunker stayed alive and is now a hundred because these people live forever, it turns out, and they keep voting and and so it's like we we we need to vote our fucking heads off. Young people got to vote. I know it sucks. I know it's a weak, seems so weak compared to this horrible ship that's going on. But it's sadly it's like what we got, you know, it really is what we got. Besides that, we got violence and no one wants that.
Speaker 4: And if you don't vote, this show will be premiering on Fox right after The Simpsons, exactly.
Speaker 2: I also love this conversation because this is a conversation where I mean sometimes like I think if there is any criticism of the left is that it can be just as exclusionary. Sometimes it can be like shut up, Like having conversations about in on the left about the right can devolve into the left calling each other names and it and it's it's difficult, you know, it's it's it's so I do think that if if anyone wanted to make fun of the left for anything, it could be like they can make fun of the left for just not supporting each other.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, or just or just like neoliberalism as a whole, like that it gestures to things of like progress but absolutely fails every time. Yeah, I think it's just it's just different versions of the same thing, like you know, like they're like with liberalism it's about there and conservatism it's about maintaining the status quo. And one version is sort of like pretending as if there is going to be progress, but it's just enough to maintain the status quo. And the other version is just so outwardly aggressive and violent, being like we need to literally go and reverse but it's just to be also because we need to maintain the status quo, and I think for them, they really just want to have this like social cast system where there are people who are higher than other people, and this is a very easy way to begin to sort people and say, well, then this group that we call woke or whatever is beneath the people who are the real Americans, et cetera, et cetera. So yeah, it's all very exhausting. But anyway, I don't think that show is going to do fucking anything. But a lot of people have watched it, whether they hate watched it or what the most.
Speaker 4: Season two, so make sure to check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you play Larry Elder's nephew.
Speaker 4: I played Larry Elder's nephew.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Call me a black whisper.
Speaker 1: Shit. All right, we're gonna take another quick break. We'll be right back and we'll talk about Olympics, AI something something, and we're back. Uh, the Olympics are coming up. I gotta say I was watching the track and field qualifiers, the trials, you know, Olympic trials. There's something about like, I don't know, I really like the eight hundred meter race because I feels like the most wild shit to be like, you got to go all out for two fucking laps. I'm always like I would. I can never do that shit. I remember I ran the two hundred in high school and I fucking hated it because I could do the hundred two hundred. That's like two one hundreds.
Speaker 4: Don't ask me eight hundred, it's eight of them.
Speaker 1: That's eight hundred. That's eight one hundred, eight one hundred.
Speaker 2: Not me, not me much.
Speaker 1: But anyway, So while that's happening, also breakdancing, I can't wait to see what the fuck like Olympic, Like, yeah, breakdancing is a is a category this year?
Speaker 2: Like fifty years too late? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is there like an Olympic I wish I knew, like if there was, like what the rules were, I really should look into it. Like is there like a DJ? You know what I mean? Yeah, it's like yeah, you know, like all right, Bob Beato, let's go and like just does everybody break to the same beat? You know what I mean? Is there like an Olympic standard or does each team have their own breakbeat that they come up?
Speaker 2: Anyway? That's is there gonna be like a Swiss team?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean like all I mean countries can submit breakdancing team.
Speaker 4: Countries are participating like a.
Speaker 2: Swiss breakdancing team, or they gonna make a movie about them, like the way they made about the Jamaican Bobs.
Speaker 1: Like like yeah, against all odds, like all these.
Speaker 2: Swiss breakdancers are just like finding out about breakdancing, like as.
Speaker 4: We see putting together. Countries are going to be in that.
Speaker 2: The Philippines, the Philippines.
Speaker 1: The Philippines. So I'm growing up in La so many of the best breakers I knew were Filipino.
Speaker 4: Okay, Philipino.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Filipinos could definitely have a breakdance. Obviously the US, but I'm sure like whenever you watch those Red Bull dance battles, like most like everybody's bringing it, like yeah yeah, breakdancing has becomes a little flaatef I like though too, Like when you look at the Olympic website, like it's it's not even break dancing. They call like breaking, yo, Like that's just wild that somebody canna be like I'm the Olympic gold medalist in breaking and again this is decades decades late.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun though, it would be fun to watch, I mean see that than like some crazy antique you know, cross country skiing and shooting skeet or whatever that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what they said. They have to adapt their style and improvise to the of the DJ's tracks in a bid to secure the judges votes and take home the first Olympic breaking medals.
Speaker 4: So hey, how many how many people do you think are gonna use not like us?
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like too. I don't think you look based on what I'm reading, I think the DJ, whoever the Olympic DJ is, is the one who to choose. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I don't think I think for them, they have to respond to what the DJ is putting out there.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. You know he's gonna play that?
Speaker 2: Do you think? Yeah? Could you know he's gonna play it?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Go on hold the phone. Yeah. Are they gonna drug test the breakdancers?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: They can't. That's what I'm talking about. That's insanity.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I mean what, they'll.
Speaker 2: Disqualify every team, could you imagine?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like not Stone ever, I'm sure there are people who are like breaking for Christ kind of people.
Speaker 2: Now you like, I'm on the street and narrow. It'd be a long time ago. But maybe I mean, like back in the day, they were probably just drunk and break dancing, maybe because it was harder to get weed, but I never heard of, you know, in the eighties, they probably were more drunk. But but I mean, I just can't imagine them. It's gonna be the least they're gonna be, like, listen, we're hobbled. In the interviews. They'll be like, we're gonna be hobbled obviously from the fact that we're not gonna be stoned. But I think, yeah, I mean, and I think that will be an advantage to the Swiss team, who are gonna be fucking stone cold, sober and break dancing to Huey Lewis and the news.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Just wow, someone's gonna be like, you know, I was an Olympic DJ.
Speaker 2: The Swiss win, you know what I mean? Because they're like, well, yeah, because you know we didn't. We don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like, there can't. You can't drug test for something like break dancing.
Speaker 2: Who knows, you know? De yeah, right man?
Speaker 4: DJ another the influence bro, we got to just qualify you from.
Speaker 2: Just sober DJ.
Speaker 4: But this ain't the only thing. This ain't the only new thing this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what else is there?
Speaker 4: You're about to tell us about a little al Michaels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the new thing which amongst other events, I don't know. I think flag football might be twenty twenty eight anyway, or maybe it's this year again. I'm so focused on just watching people run because I'm not good at it. But al Michaels is going to be back for the Paris Olympics. And when I say al Michaels, I mean NBC will be using an AI generated al Michael's voice to narrate what they call quote customized Olympic recaps and what I guess you know, the like it will say someone's name, like your name, like this is al Michaels and Jock Keyes, this is your Olympic update. This is something al Michael's clear like he's he's part of this because he helped create the voice model, and I'm assuming they gave him some kind of bags of money to do this. But it's weird because if you remember, NBC dropped him from the NFL playoffs because people were complaining that he had quote lost.
Speaker 2: It and was dud quote boring now.
Speaker 4: But I guess people are fine with like the robot version well, you know, because they could bring them back to his heyday. You know it's gonna be nineteen eighties al Michael or nineteen yes Michael. I hope they age them through every clip like one one is early al Michael and then the next to see now, al Michael.
Speaker 2: Who is that for?
Speaker 1: I think it's just it's just again because everything's about no, everything's just everything. Everyone's just trying to do AI, like on some level, like to be like, hey, and this is our cause. Again this is a huge like we've talked, We talked about this in a lot of episodes. You know, Wall Street is so just big on AI that it's permeating through all these companies now to sort of evangelize AI or embrace it or make it part of a thing, to sort of normalize like, oh, there'll be AI this for that no one asked for, Like Eurovision Sport used AI last year, and IBM provided AI commentary for the US Open and Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: That shit did not go well.
Speaker 1: For one article talking about it said that the announcers sounded like, quote Helen Mirren, if she'd just been hit with a polo mallet and your uncle from Queen's trying to do a Hugh Grant impression. That's how things were coming off. And so and after that they're like, yeah, we're not bringing it back this year because it sounded like this was kind of an l for everybody. So yeah, and I think, yeah, Chris, you're I.
Speaker 2: Think like you're talking well, you're talking about You're talking about another thing where it's a decision made by these old motherfuckers who run these networks are still like, you know what we need, We need to keep al Michaels in the mix forever. Like what the fuck these people cannot I mean, this is all connected to like why I was mad at the Jimmy Web concert, And the reason why is because they don't read the room, because they don't give a fuck. They are so up their own ass that they will talk for twenty minutes about Laurel Canyon and not know it's fifty years ago. Fuckhead, fifty fifty years years ago. That means in nineteen eighty that would be you talking about nineteen thirty and taking up all the airwaves with nineteen thirty and taking up and bringing back AI versions of fucking flappers like you fuckers, like let it fucking go, let us let them not meet. Look at I'm in the middle somewhere. I guess I should. I might be able to vote for another couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my model.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is turn it over to the people who want to make progress. Is like I cannot wait for these people. These people need to fall out. These things get fly out as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: But when you talked about this on previous episodes, you know, it's like the reason why these people are still in powers because they are the They tend to the garden of this form of capitalism, and they they do not want to give the tools to another generation that is looking to make things more equitable.
Speaker 2: Oh, Michael, I can't. Yeah, it's like, oh, we're gonna have Howard Ai Howard Cosell announce the Olympics, Like actually, I would be cool with ye or Harry Carrey, Harry carry like if you go go and you go go us like give us like the personalities from back in the day or some shit or go new is just right in the middle where it's like who gives a fuck?
Speaker 1: Because you know, like some people are pointing out that like back in those days, right like and we there's just like radio or like black and white television or not HD television, you needed big personalities like Harry Carey or Vince Scully people like that to kind of make the broadcast a little more interesting. And as like the fidelity has gone up, like the personalities, you have noticed like they kind of just dial those back because they're not as important. And that's not the case for every single sports broadcast. But that's the one thing people pointed out is because some of the broadcasters are partly owned by the teams themselves, so now they're like, well, now this is our brand and now we got to worry about how it's being talked about, et cetera, et cetera. So it's a different energy. But Chris Crofton, it was a pleasure having you on the daily.
Speaker 2: Thank you having me as usual. It's always so much fun.
Speaker 1: Where do the people find you? Follow you, get get, just get just get the best of you on the.
Speaker 2: Internet sadly on Instagram at The Crofton Show and on Twitter at the Crofton Show. And I also am on Threads, but I don't go on there very much. I'm trying to go on more. It actually is sort of nice to go onto a place where the trending topics aren't all all all right, yeah, greatest hits. But so those two things. You can order my book, The Advice King Anthology on I don't care where you get it. You know, don't go to don't go through the Vanderbilt Vanderbilt University website because it will take you the rest of your life. Just get it from fucking Amazon, doesn't matter. The instructions in that book are for Amazon. It'll take down. You read that book, you'll take down Amazon.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's instructions to take down. We're working from the inside.
Speaker 1: Order the book, taking it to the inside. Hell yeah, man, that's what we were doing in the eighties, man, the inside.
Speaker 2: And also, so listen to my podcast Colebrew got me like because like I think it's it's we have a solid little fan base, but it's really I talk about very deeply about politics and uh like about societal stuff. And also we talk about you know, Bigfoot and minus you know, abandoned minds and just crap. But we do the crack, We do the you know, the fun stuff too, And that's about it and then just uh, I don't know. I'm trying to think if I have any any tour things to announce now. I'll have something soon, but nothing right now.
Speaker 1: Jack Keys always a pleasure, always a pleasure. Where do the people find you? Follow you?
Speaker 2: What's working?
Speaker 1: Media that you're digging? Oh?
Speaker 4: You know you can find me everybody. You can find me in knee streets about half a block away from going in the house forever. Uh, that's where you can find me. But it's almost time, it's almost time to stay in stay in the crib or. I had Jackies Neil on everything. That's where you can find me.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you are listening to this this Sunday, Comedian Feud is putting up a very impromptu show. I have not even announced it yet and it's in four days, so you know it's going to well, we'll see, it's very likely not. But but we do have a live stream, so if you want to watch it, check it out, check a check my I G link tree, all that good stuff, and you can get some tickets to watch the live stream of Comedian Feud. Always a good time though, always fun, so check that out. Now, have we seen or talked about the Abraham Lincoln wax Yeah, yeah, yeah, so maybe maybe we've maybe this has already been like talked about, but so you know, if you don't know, go look up the Lincoln wax like statue or whatever, and he's like melted to a point where it looks like he's getting the best blow job. He's getting that hocktua, the glock he's getting. And then somebody was like, hey, so the original tweet was maybe a wax Lincoln sculpture wasn't the best idea during d c's first week of summer heat. And then somebody by the name of Jesse Specter quote he quote tweeted it with just add a Nancy Reagan statue and it's.
Speaker 1: All ship.
Speaker 4: The throat, go throat, go herself. Only Abraham Lincoln break his back to the back fell right off.
Speaker 2: To a girls. She that was she was interviewed to Nashville. That's that's her down in Nashville. Yes, it's wild.
Speaker 1: It's wild famous somehow like just that. I mean, I get it because men are fucking horny and the hell yeah dude, hoktua. Yeah, all those you see people who put pictures of like Tony Hawk with the Dolphins quarterback to a tagle Viiloa. Like next, you're like, oh, man, can we gotta stop? We gotta stop, Chris, did you find the thing that you're liking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to find there's this like there's this YouTube documentary about a mummy that was hanging in a funhouse. Uh huh and uh it was. It's called the Outlaw. It's an outlaw. It's a mummy of an outlaw that was killed in a gunfight in nineteen thirteen. And they found him hanging in a funhouse at an amusement park in Long Beach in like nineteen seventy eight, because they were shooting a six million dollar Man episode and they went in and one of the guys working on the episode went inside this funhouse that they were using, and he noticed that this mummy had hair growing on it. This like like novelty looking at was like had hair on it. And it turned out that there's this documentary it's called like the Mummified Outlaw. Just look up. His name's Elmer Purdy. I think they're talking about old uh to old like side show guys, and they talked about if your if your fucking side show didn't have a mummy in it. It was called a rag bag. That was like they're put down, like if you didn't have a mummy in your side show, it was a rag bag. Anyway, it's an incredible documentary and I I I probably should have used it as one of my fucking overrated underrateds instead of what I fucking said, which is a bunch of craziness. But uh, anyway, this, uh, I'm gonna find it right now. But it's called it's called like if you look up Elmer Purdy or if you look up like the Mummy Outlaw. It's a BBC documentary about it, and they found everybody. They found the guy who had the mummy stuck in his closet in l A this like this, this like side show guy. He became a movie maker. It's an incredible it's an incredible story. It's called like the Mummified Outlaw. Just search that and you'll be distracted from all the horror. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's gonna give you one more quick one than I just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were fucking cracking the fuck up. I was.
Speaker 4: May be only funny to me, but the original tweet that's one hundred and five year old woman receives her master's degree from Stanford University, which is a beautiful thing, so great, and then at huge Tula quote tweets it, what's she finna do with the masters at one oh five?
Speaker 1: That is so funny, man, you can already get you have you have to hear it in that voice, because.
Speaker 4: She's gonna do with a masters.
Speaker 1: A tweet I like it's from at John Rich TV. The NBA Draft happened recently, and he tweeted he said, this is the first time I've looked at a draft class and thought, I bet I could beat some of these guys up.
Speaker 2: Looking like kids and ship bro.
Speaker 1: Bro oh man. It's an amazing tweet. Amazing, amazing tweet. And we can find me at Miles of Gray. You can also find Jack and I talking about basketball and Miles and Jack got mad BOOSTI is the latest episode we got to speak to the legend himself, Vince Carter, which was a dope episode. We'll please tune into that. You can also catch me talking ninety Day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance. You can find us at daily Zeitgeist on Instagram at the Daily or daily zeit Guys on Twitter at the Daily Zeit guys on Instagram, got a Facebook fan page and a website. I think we say that, but I don't think we do anymore anyway. Day or No, we don't have the Facebook fan page anyway. Where that's you can find episode and also our footnotes. But note thank you where we post all the articles we talked about, plus the music we are going to ride out on today. Today, we're just gonna ride out on one of the tracks that I really loved from the pop out performance. It was when Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar performed Jay Rock's track Win. So we're gonna go out on Win by Jay Rock because that's a weekend just pump up track. A lot of people love just well I guess working out to the song, but not to me. I just want to jump up and down when I listen to it. That's gonna do it for us the days. Like guys, there's a production of iHeartRadio. So for more podcasts, check out that place, the Spotify wherever you get your podcast for free, and that'll do it for us this week. We'll be back Monday to tell you what trended over the weekend, plus check in over the weekend for the best of episodes. You can see everything or listen to everything that happened this week. That was great, all right, talk soon, Bye, thank you.