Speaker 1: M The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys Act. Now Here are Bill Jones, Evers Wolves and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It is. I've been thinking of.
Speaker 4: Its keeping with the tradition of the holiday. Nothing like Thanksgiving Day in Texas, North Texas.
Speaker 5: That's it is very fstive out there, guys.
Speaker 4: And even going back to the Cotton Bowl days when this Thanksgiving tradition began back in the late sixties, continuing at Texas Stadium and now at at and T Stadium in Arlington. We're getting you ready for Cowboys Giants. You ready?
Speaker 1: I am absolutely.
Speaker 6: I think of music going, oh yeah, it's tours. Tours are family out there with bags of stuff.
Speaker 5: And then I sat thinking, Jerry's just making.
Speaker 1: Money so they can afford to put you on a podcast.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, that fourteen billion doesn't go far.
Speaker 4: So here we are. It's noon on a Wednesday, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day, and all is well once again in the Cowboys universe.
Speaker 1: That's right right. We won a game came.
Speaker 4: Off a win. We heard the fight song two times in three days. Heard it on Monday, heard it again on Wednesday. If we had a show on Friday, we'll hear it again on Friday.
Speaker 1: Picks the click and hear it.
Speaker 4: Again on Monday. Remember that producer Supreme.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: I must admit that I finally got a really good chance to take a look at the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, And it was.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're talking about the Washington game, Washington. You're looking at it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know that's funny. I watched. I was working last night, trying to get ahead for today. I was watching the game.
Speaker 6: I watched it stretch out the old muscles and I said, you know, well, let me put this in and see.
Speaker 4: But it was on live on NFL network last night. That's how good a game it was. It was the game of the week on the NFL Network.
Speaker 5: I take it. Sorry, That's why I got it. So. Uh.
Speaker 6: Lewis Jordan Lewis Man, he's a stud bro is he comes out there. Man refused to let the to let to be blocked. I saw him split a double team blocker. He was being trying. They tried to push him inside. He kept his leverage outside as you should have. Another blocker was coming around looking for someone on that outside run play, and he not only fought off his man, he split in between the oncoming blocker and him and made the play and made the play. If everyone fought that hard, then we'd have a much better run defense on this team.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing I noticed, and we talked a little bit about the number of tackles that Josh Butler made, but he made the tackles right and even in the running game helping.
Speaker 5: Out he did. He was geeked up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: He probably still is.
Speaker 6: Get okay, here we go, boy, all right. It was nice, man. He did a good job.
Speaker 4: And we're starting already.
Speaker 5: Lockdown corner, Calm down, Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 1: He did a nice job. But I thought he was physical if nothing else. And you know what, he's bigger than you think. I mean, he's like six. He knows I know, Bill's got it in his green. He knows how I want to say, six to one.
Speaker 6: He knows how to approach each position, each situation like a professional.
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 6: He was isolated on yeah, just a little bubbles, not unlessary bubbles a lot. They just tried to isolate him on the ye receiver and he came through it. I don't recall him missing a tackle, which is hard to do with someone that just come out there and they're trying to attack him. With McLaurin and all these different schemes. He was, he was a target. I don't trust me. I know the feeling. How long? How many times was he targeted?
Speaker 1: Can they Yeah, I don't know if they register target They do that for wide receivers, but I don't know if they know.
Speaker 6: I know they did back at eighty one because you got registered. I got registered fifteen times a game.
Speaker 4: You would have to subscribe to Pro football.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't trust his favorite people, and I don't trust him anyway.
Speaker 6: And let's be real, guys, we still made some of the dumbest mistakes we can make. Well, let's let's just let's just acknowledge that that we won in spite of ourselves on the road against a team that's playing still playing better than us.
Speaker 1: Got a field goal and a punt blocked. Come on, man just got run over both times. Didn't do a good job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what do we What is lost?
Speaker 6: Is that new all of a sudden, we're getting our punt protector double team into the punter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the thing that we never had.
Speaker 1: It almost happened again this it did, Yes, it did. Watching I didn't realize it was that.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, when you look at the win, then you forget things. But I wanted to see how much improvement we made. That was improvement, but that was also the same mistakes made over again on the offensive line, untimely penalties. But Tyler Gayton, man, he's gotta he's got to figure out.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 4: That's why I would have been great to have John Fossil this week talking about the rivalry between special teams coaches in the league. And we didn't have the coordinators this week because of the short week, and Larry Izzo is the special teams coach for Washington. And as I was watching the game, I was thinking about, Okay, Izzo got the block field goal at the Star and that was the guy Kawan Martin. I told you had the forty four inch vertical and he needed all that explosion going through the line. Okay, and then they had pushing back Trent Sig And I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if that was I don't know if you're gonna say this, it's not long guard.
Speaker 4: Let me, okay, I knew you would say that when I said he's got a forty four inch vertical, Mickey. The reason that the scouting department looks at a vertical isn't how high you can jump.
Speaker 1: How long your arms are. No, it's not how long your arms are that helps the vertical.
Speaker 5: Right does the vertical?
Speaker 4: Yes, they are measuring the explosive athletic ability of that.
Speaker 1: Guy's hand was way out there.
Speaker 4: That's funny because earlier the week it just came and maybe.
Speaker 1: That was a shadow over the entire might have been the blocka more so than that.
Speaker 4: Funny every literally earlier the week, I'm driving in and I'm going, okay, I'm going to bring out Kawan Mark's vertical on the show. And I know what, I just knew.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: Because Mickey used the contrarian. So you always have to be prepared for the comeback when Mickey says something that's fun.
Speaker 6: But we got to work on that one, brother. But I was thinking Turpin saved Fossils.
Speaker 4: Exactly, that's what he's about to say. So Iso was winning the special battle in the game, but Fossil got the last laugh because of terp and then Thomas says he get credit or not give her.
Speaker 6: I saw again last night, I'm scoring. I'm sorry, I'm not I'm not. I mean, how many times he get to score? If Thomas I am scoring?
Speaker 4: And how many times can uh Jade and Daniels complete a hell Mary? Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, the odds were catching up, but he's not going to do it again. He just completed an eighty six yards.
Speaker 5: In the field. On the field if.
Speaker 4: Probably they probably have many dbs.
Speaker 6: I would have done that, would have done all I could make sure that they don't score on the and so we kick off return and possibly.
Speaker 1: And then and then give uh uh you know, credit for the recovery of the first on side kicks and he did what you're supposed to just fall on it, right, yeah, but you try to pick it up.
Speaker 4: To your point. Okay when you look back at that game, because we still remember Randall Williams return of an on side kick from the same things, right, but that was the fastest started game, right, Yeah, it was the start of a game, and it was the fastest kickoff return into the history of football. Okay, so we still remember that.
Speaker 1: Supposedly it was only three seconds or something like that four seconds, because this was seven.
Speaker 5: And he was fast anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he caught the ball on the wrong and that's the one thing you remember from Randall Williams career.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so will this be the one thing we remember remember Thomas? Well, well, you know, hopefully maybe this jump starts his career.
Speaker 1: You know what, it reminded you that this guy was is a fast player. Like at Georgia Tech, he was a kickoff return guy and he ran for touchdown.
Speaker 5: They were after his butt, in fact, they were.
Speaker 4: Yeahan tweeted this the other on Monday or Sunday night. It was November what the day of the game, November twenty four Yeah, kickoff return for touchdown. On November twenty fourth, twenty eighteen, he had a kickoff return for a touchdown against Georgia Tech, or for Georgia Tech.
Speaker 1: Because that's why they had him fast, That's why they had him back. When they were using two returners. Everybody is thinking on he's there to block, Yes, And his point was I've returned kickoffs for touchdown.
Speaker 5: He shouldn't say anything. Yeah, he shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Say but now they've just gone one back, Yeah, and get an extra blocker. I think they've decided that up front extra blocker, and.
Speaker 5: I think also it needs to be noted.
Speaker 6: You know, we gave ced a lot of crap for some of the games that he had with Dak his his he turned that switchback on, you know, of just if that ball's in the air, not only I'm going to get it, yeah, I'm going to get more.
Speaker 1: Well, how about this? So he had ten catches for sixty seven yards, and somebody asked McCarthy yesterday, are you a little worried about Lamb's average per catch because last year he finished with thirteen. This year he's three less. And I'm going did you watch him play? So he's at ten point nine a catch on the twentieth ranked offense in the league with the backup quarterback getting ready to play his fourth game, by the way, and look at how he's running with the ball after he gets it, not for distance, for yardage, right.
Speaker 5: Just to move that change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a mess, right he was, And he should have had he should have had another one when they miss marked it.
Speaker 5: Well no, no, they marked it a.
Speaker 1: First down, then they brought it back to third down.
Speaker 6: I thought that there was a flag on that play against gid No, that was another one. That was another Yeah, okay because guys across.
Speaker 1: But yeah, his yards were hard, those those were there, those those tough yards.
Speaker 6: I gotta say, that's the toughest game I've seen him play. Yeah, I mean it was like that's saying a lot compared to some of the dynamic games games that he's had. But his his effort, I've never seen him have so much effort time after time after time, and and those those are frustrating, uh plays, because when with a guy who loves to hit the home run, it's frustrating to just keep getting short passes. His mindset in that game was, I'm not gonna worry about that. I'm going to make the most of every past that I catch.
Speaker 1: As they say it in the beginning, he got dirty yards after catch I likes. Yeah, and he was playing through something.
Speaker 5: Uh huh yeah, still with the best.
Speaker 1: Still this week too, by the way, he said.
Speaker 5: I'm playing the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta like that. What you got?
Speaker 4: Have you looked at the league leaders and receptions?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, he's the league leader seventy seven.
Speaker 4: He is, Yes, the same thing I'm sitting there looking at his stet. I'm gonna wait. It says he's the league leader in receptions. I don't look at it obviously on a weekly basis.
Speaker 1: And he he and.
Speaker 4: Just got seventy seventy leads the league and.
Speaker 1: He's only and some of those guys have played twelve games already.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, And so we're worried about what.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: That was my reaction yards per.
Speaker 4: Catch, he's down two yards per cat. He had thirteen yards of year ten boy nine this year.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares about that when you see what after.
Speaker 4: These years, you know, here's the other thing. He had a ninety two yarder last year. That's going to raise your average yards per catch.
Speaker 1: That was like asking McCarthy on Monday, are you worried about a letdown after you win a game?
Speaker 4: It's like, seriously, they just want him that.
Speaker 1: I tell you, there's a book of cliches out there and you gotta ask.
Speaker 6: And especially people, are they what do they call them the robots? What do they call them on the bots?
Speaker 4: Just the bots?
Speaker 6: A bunch of bots out there asked a stupid ask question. They are man, that's.
Speaker 1: Really especially at least we got the line the Valley of adversity.
Speaker 4: I love that, especially in a short week. Yeah, you think these the coaches and players are thinking about anything, but what's the next thing to do?
Speaker 1: We got to get ready.
Speaker 4: And I'm not just any short week. This is a This is coming off a short week too, and you're you're got the artist of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's why when they asked Butler what he was going to do for his birthday on Monday, and he was like, oh, I gotta wait till we got Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
Speaker 4: We're pushing that back. And he has a team captain.
Speaker 1: Bosch Butler this week yep, yep, got a game ball and is that one of these? And he'll be No, he rotates, he rotates him. So you know what I was writing it down. I was trying to predict who.
Speaker 5: It was going to be.
Speaker 4: I think the fact that he is a Dallas kid at Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is the factors into it at all. Or he said twelve how many games? Is this twelfth game this season? And you start running out of defensive place.
Speaker 1: Well he passed now. And especially the same thing I was thinking on special teams, like he's used a bunch of guys on special teams, and one I knows hasn't been used as Anger. Turpin's already done it one time, and the deep snapper Sig has done it once, Aubrey once, So I'm thinking it's time for Anger.
Speaker 6: The question is should we worming about Aubrey? He's starting to.
Speaker 1: So when he was when he was warming up, he was having trouble with the wind that correction, and he even said it that he realized he needed to hit it either dead center or a little bit to the left because the wind was going to the right. And I watched him. I saw him when warm ups making that adjustment after he missed one, and he didn't hit it where he went. It was a weird win in that stadium because on that way the ribbons up there were not moving whatsoever. Behind him going the other way, the wind was blown straight across.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Is the water near that state Now it's out in the middle of nowhere. That's why they want to move.
Speaker 5: They move.
Speaker 6: They just moved there, so they mean but the owner.
Speaker 1: The new owner, was to get back in d C. But it's the land where r FK was, so that's congressional land. So he has to get approved by Congress.
Speaker 5: You got you gotta move it back, man, Yeah, you just got it.
Speaker 1: It's just a terrible location. Yeah, hard to get to and the stadium is just bare bones. So it was the food in the Prince. But it's always just weird.
Speaker 4: You got me. Since you started talking about the weather, I decided I'd look at the weather for tomorrow. It's cloudy, cloudy tomorrow.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful day to day, beautiful day.
Speaker 4: And it's by the way in the heigh to day's eighty three degrees. Yes, what is going on tomorrow? I was fifty two?
Speaker 1: Okay, eighty three forty? How's that low?
Speaker 4: Is forty two? So if you're headed here, make sure you're bundled up for that long walk to the city.
Speaker 5: We sounded the tailgate.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I need to be bring your park again. I think it's going to be windy and uh high have fifty two.
Speaker 5: To appreciate that. I need to know that.
Speaker 4: So there you go. So the sun does not have need to factor into the game.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. When they were warming up for the game, I was on the field, I couldn't see. The sun was just blinding me in my eyes. Right, I'm going well maybe it'll move a little and go down before that, which game is all out on Sunday in Washington. Yeah, they didn't have any shade for the.
Speaker 4: Put their curtains up or no, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: No, you know what they've done there, by the way, So that stadium used to hold ninety thousand and they weren't selling out, so they blocked off all these seats on the top row, and then in the end zones they put up these I don't know what it is for standing room only at the top of the stadium, not not in the end zones like the cow I mean at the top of the state. It's all this brownish red and they blocked off all those seats because they couldn't sell it out.
Speaker 5: But they are selling out now though not.
Speaker 1: Those seats they blocked them off. I mean what they put up there is it's permanent.
Speaker 4: Because I saw it on the TV broadcast, I thought they're not selling out there, so they were blocked off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and then the end zones up high at the top by.
Speaker 5: They got a lot of work to do. I mean, as an.
Speaker 1: Organization, were making the new guys make you know, they're making progress, right, he just really scooling.
Speaker 5: Nobody liked him, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, he wasn't likable. I remember when he first came, he got the team and he came. Uh, Jerry was given a tour of the ranch, their practice facility, and he was showing them around and and I heard this and it was like Jerry was introducing him to people. And Jerry forgot his wife's name, and he said something like figures under his breath, Snyder, And I'm going, seriously, the guy's doing you a favor showing around and everything, and you do that.
Speaker 5: They couldn't wait to get him out of there.
Speaker 1: I remember him doing what it was at the Stadium club at Texas Stadium and uh, the Patriots owner, Why can't I think? Yeah, he was. He was showing him around and uh, he entered. He introduced me to Craft, told him what we do on the website, and he goes, yeah, we need people like that on our website. But he didn't understand what Jerry was right, I said, I wanted to tell no, we're not part of the pr staff. You know, Jerry treats us a little differently. And it doesn't happen in the NFL like them too, by the way, because when it first started with the websites, uh, most of the p or the websites, uh. With the team, it was like part of the PR department. So what what?
Speaker 6: What did? What did Snyder do? What was his thing? How did he make his money?
Speaker 4: We will have the answer to that when us in a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and os with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Ruscott Kitchen slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 1: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demic shuts.
Speaker 6: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, that Singular Rowdy Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboys heroes.
Speaker 5: Best of all, the show is free. Spags for details.
Speaker 6: Visiting I'm going one word the Star District dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday magic Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's clean up the mess from the last segment before we get onto more important matters. Daniel Snyder and his sister Michelle founded Snyder Communications in nineteen eighty nine. He became the youngest CEO of a New York Stock Exchange listed company at the age of thirty two. In nineteen ninety six and continue to expand the company through string of acquisitions such as Arnold Worldwide in nineteen ninety seven had over twelve thousand employees one billion dollars in annual revenues. Nighter a communication.
Speaker 1: So what was the communications? What did they do from the start? They owned radio stations or something.
Speaker 4: Maybe something because I think advertising company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he bought the station to do there be their flagship station from the start.
Speaker 4: I believe. Okay, so we're ready to move on.
Speaker 5: Now, yes, yes, very I just wanted to know how.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm hearing that a certain quarterback for the New York Giants is not accompanying the team on the trip to Dallas. Well, but the report is that he will eventually get to Dallas though, Tommy DeVito. Their reports are that, let me find it here.
Speaker 1: He's sore. He's got a sore arm.
Speaker 5: Else got so much.
Speaker 4: An ESPN NFL Nation reporter Jordan Raynon says it's a long shot that Tommy DeVito will be able to play Thursday versus Cowboys, per source that puts Drew Lockey line for a start. Earlier, he had reported that da Vito is not flying with the team. He will join them later in Dallas. He says. DeVito and cornerback Deonte Banks, listed as questionable. Giants are going to be without left tackle Jermaine Luminor on Thanksgiving versus that Cowboys.
Speaker 1: So why is he not flying with the team.
Speaker 4: I have no idea to rest his forearm. Maybe I have no idea, no more treatment on his right forearm today and then he flies, or maybe they're just not coming.
Speaker 1: That's bad news for the Cowboys. Drew Box a much better quarterback.
Speaker 4: Well, he went to Missouri, That's why he said.
Speaker 1: Well, and that too, he has experienced the enemy Vito.
Speaker 5: He's the Italian?
Speaker 4: Are you Italian?
Speaker 1: Very much? So, Tommy DeVito, I'm sorry, he's the third quarterback.
Speaker 4: He is your allergency.
Speaker 1: Drew Locke is the best.
Speaker 5: The heritage of the Italian.
Speaker 1: Have more allegiance to yours. And he right, Okay, his agent looks like you right out of The Godfather. Don't you remember seeing that last year when he started, you know, he started his first game last year it was against the Cowboy Yes, I do remember because and what was it forty seven to maybe or something?
Speaker 5: But it does have more experience.
Speaker 1: Well, he has more experience in college, and he has more experience in the NFL.
Speaker 5: So while you think they were going with de Vito, well.
Speaker 1: You answered that question. You went from the starter to the third guy and skipped over the backup. Maybe they didn't trust their offensive line and figured de Vito can run around a lot.
Speaker 5: Andrew Drew is not there.
Speaker 1: He's a stationary pocket cornerback.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you suggesting that they are trying to raise their draft profile.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything like that. I just said he was listed as the backup quarterback all year.
Speaker 4: You can read into though they're in love with Quinn yours O Shador Sanders?
Speaker 1: Who else? Uh?
Speaker 4: You got Miami cam Ward.
Speaker 6: Whatever you do, I just like Chicago. Whatever you do, it's just like Chicago. You better get an offensive line. Yep, that's just all it is to it. You can sign all the quarterbacks you want. If your old line ain't ready, then I'm sorry you're wasting your time. I wouldn't even I wouldn't even suggest you come to my team if we weren't ready for you or ready to play it.
Speaker 4: So to review Drew Locke's work and why Mickey is so afraid to face Drew Locke tomorrow in the NFL. Okay, he got into the game of the day one pass, but this season he's four out of nine for nine yards in Seattle. Last year, four games, two starts, he passed for five hundred and forty three yards, three interceptions, three touchdowns. Of course, he went over there in the trade with Denver and after they acquired Russell Wilson, and in his last year in Denver six games, three starts. He did have one season where he was essentially the starting quarterback in Denver thirteen starts, went four and nine and led the league with fifteen interceptions. That was in twenty twenty, the whole COVID year, the COVID year, just like the Cowboys. We've expunged that year from the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Record book to look up his college number.
Speaker 4: Okay, now we've got to go back to his college stats just to get you up to speed on Drew Locke. Kay is last ye year at Missoo. He started thirteen games, passed for thirty five hundred yards, twenty eight touchdowns and eight interceptions. He regressed his last year because he is second to last year there. He passed for four thousand yards forty four touchdowns thirteen interceptions. Sounds like he will throw it around the lot.
Speaker 1: He'll try to fit it in there. Plus he was being recruited out of high school as a basketball player. Anything else you need to know about Drew Locke?
Speaker 4: Second round pick of the Broncos in twenty nineteen, number forty two overall, six four, two hundred and twenty five pound Drew Locke expected to make the start for the Giants against the Cowboys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's a lock.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a lock.
Speaker 5: I like that, all right?
Speaker 4: What else you got on the Cowboys injury front?
Speaker 1: Ah, it's extensive.
Speaker 4: But who's going to play? Let's project. I think we're gonna have another injury practice reported this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Get it at three o'clock. And you also should get any roster moves. They have to do it by three o'clock today.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Tyler Smith, who missed the last game ankle needs been limited all week. I think he's got a really good chance to play. Awesome Richards will be out. Zach Martin has not done anything this week. Ankle, shoulder, actually both ankles and a shoulder. I think he may be hard pressed to play. I think Hunter Lipke's good to go. Ceede Lamb was limited, he says he's good to go. Marshawn Kneelan he got back in and he suffered a knee problem. I don't know about him.
Speaker 4: So that's why yesterday he d n P yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Eric Kendricks has not practiced this week. That's happened before and he's played, although one other time he didn't. Jake Ferguson probably still in concussion protocol. Trayvon Diggs went from limited to DNP, and Kayln Carson showed up did not practice. So I don't know about those two guys. Because Digs didn't play last week, it looked like he was going to be good to go, and now he dnpede.
Speaker 4: Well, you're going to start your team captain at cornerback, right, Josh Butler, Well.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. Well, you would think so in some form or fashion. Right. All I know is Diggs was limited last week and didn't make the trip. Limited guys usually go.
Speaker 4: What concerns you the most about the New York Football Giants coming in here?
Speaker 1: I was going to look that up before the show to see if their defense that was vaunted going into the season.
Speaker 5: Is still.
Speaker 4: That they did get to Thibodeau back last week.
Speaker 1: I saw that he was doing commercials on TV too. So they've lost sixth straight. They've given up seventeen, twenty eight, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty in overtime, and then thirty to Tampa Bay last week.
Speaker 4: Malik Neighbors is always a concern. Yes, he is.
Speaker 1: Question there, but so is the guy leading the rookie running backs this year rushing really Tyrone Tracy. I heard that. I trusted it, but he was the leading rusher among rookie running backs this year.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not like we're at the Upper Echelona football teams right now.
Speaker 4: Anybody it comes in here.
Speaker 6: Running back, I'm concerned about him. Anytime someone has a running game, you know he's staying at home.
Speaker 1: Tracy has run for five hundred and eighty seven yards.
Speaker 6: And Rico is really running the ball well, really impressed with his determination.
Speaker 1: The next rookie is five seventy nine Irving Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: Bucky Irving.
Speaker 5: O Oh wait, wait what Bucky Irving is what the Giants?
Speaker 4: No, No, he's looking at the league leaders.
Speaker 5: He was doing well at Tampa.
Speaker 1: I did say Tampa Bay, by the way he did. And then it's Williams quarterback Chicago, three hundred and thirty nine yards. That's not what you want to see.
Speaker 4: By the way, we talk about CD leading the league with seventy seven receptions, Malik neighbors the rookie out of LSU sixty seven receptions and he's got the same yards per reception that CD has. He's ten yards of reception, three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: So look, what scares you about the Giants is the Cowboys. If they do not play exactly, they start turning the ball over, making mistakes. I mean, and the mister.
Speaker 4: Lawrence has nine sacks interior, That's.
Speaker 1: What I was saying thinking of him. Uh, he's a load and he's going to be up against one of potentially one of those young guards. Right, if Martin doesn't go natean Frisco with his cowboy beanie on, he's leading the tour, right, the tour is following.
Speaker 4: Fans in town for Thanksgiving, stacked out in their cowboys gear.
Speaker 1: Now, don't get distracted by the tour. Lose your concentration. Boy, they're still coming to look at her because.
Speaker 4: The Nate just colding court with him right now.
Speaker 5: I think they know our resume.
Speaker 1: Do they have to pay extra for Nate being on the tour?
Speaker 5: We have to we have to wave. We think we have to wave because he's back.
Speaker 4: Wave.
Speaker 5: There you go, there you go?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, it might be time for a break.
Speaker 4: We got it.
Speaker 5: Oh where you please go? Leave?
Speaker 4: Alton Schultz would be having a set right now.
Speaker 1: Can't lift weight with.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna be back with more mixed shots after this distraction departs. In just a moment.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm in the cage.
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to a T and T stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott keeps it slides with the first down.
Speaker 8: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the day?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas.
Speaker 5: Tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 6: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 10: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff, Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cook, the America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 5: Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 10: Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: Devict Shuts.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the holiday season at AT and T Stadium. Get a tour of the home of the Dallas Cowboys plus your photo with Santa and Missus Claus from December tenth through the fourteenth. Limited inventory is available. Secure your tickets today at AT and T Stadium dot com Slash Tours all Right.
Speaker 4: Final few minutes here of mixed shots as we get you ready for Thanksgiving Day Cowboys and Giants a three thirty kickoff. Mickey is pouring over his stat sheet right now and has something he wants to illuminate us on right.
Speaker 1: Three rushing touchdowns for the season, one in the opener for the Cowboys. For the Cowboys, it was Zeke one against Baltimore and then one against San Francisco.
Speaker 5: That's it, all right.
Speaker 4: Here's the most amazing stat that I have come up with on this game.
Speaker 1: Make sure it's an NFL stat.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Giants. This has to do with the Giants defense. What's the most stat about their defense? As what's their record? They are two and nine and played eleven games, Everson, how many interceptions do the Giants have on defense? How many interceptions does the Giants defense have?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 4: They've got one?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: One pick in eleven games. It's a linebacker, Darius mouiside. It's a linebacker Darius muisow.
Speaker 5: I bet it was tipped. I can't see him floating right.
Speaker 4: Rookie, rookie, sixth round draft pick muisou.
Speaker 1: And he didn't do it on the run because he gained one yard.
Speaker 4: Let's see his game log here. It occurred. It occurred in the season opener against Minnesota. They have not had an interception since the season open games. Ten straight, ten straight games without an interception. That's got to be that way.
Speaker 1: How many many the Cowboys have?
Speaker 4: We actually had more.
Speaker 1: We had more than was options that got more interception we got.
Speaker 4: We got as many Cowboys have as many interceptions. On the last play they were on the field. That is what the Giants have all season because mcwamu had the pick of the hell Mary. Yes, so there take that.
Speaker 5: So we have two hell Mary interceptions Cowboys have.
Speaker 1: Booker had one eight interceptions, and then that's try dig still leads with two.
Speaker 4: Oh that's too good, like saying good, because that's what you're saying to Ely has two. That keeps you farther away from your record. No, I want.
Speaker 5: I want the guy that's chasing me to lead, to be the leader I don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like he's like the dolphin with the undefeated scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, but I pulled for him, you know, I polled.
Speaker 4: For Okay, watch the your greatest Thanksgiving Day memory? Oh wow, try to make it cowboy related, of course.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, it's so funny because we were so successful. I remember really the negative actually that was all that can be. Great memory not a memory, but it is a memory of Craig James.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He used to live behind me, uh back in the day when we first before he had to move out of town.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they chased him my town.
Speaker 1: He let out the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: He did with the Patriots, Yes, he did.
Speaker 5: Man I'll never forget that game.
Speaker 6: We were supposed to win it, and it was one of those games where we sleepwalking but with you know, with the favorites, and was supposed to win. And I recall he broke a run on us for about thirty plus yards to Iceter game, and that kind of upset me because you know, uh, he had already they had already kind of solid my memory on college football when they beat the beat Grambling.
Speaker 4: So you played Grambling?
Speaker 5: Yes, they did, of course the year that I left.
Speaker 1: So he was with New England at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have been New England.
Speaker 1: But well, I'm trying to see eighty six eight.
Speaker 4: They went to the Super Bowl in eighty six.
Speaker 1: Seattle played Seattle.
Speaker 2: Prior to that.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys won six straight on Thanksgiving. Then they lost to Minnesota, Houston, Philadelphia. So does this show that It doesn't show New England New England. Maybe it was a regular season game.
Speaker 6: No, we'll figure that. I promise that that that's that happened. That's a Thanksgiving game Thanksgiving. Maybe it was around the game before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Start together, it was Christmas bottling them together? All right, Mickey, do you have one? There was an overtime game in November of eighty seven against the Patriots. It was it was at New England though, that was that one that Herschel broke it?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, hmmm, so you thought it was eighty six.
Speaker 4: Thought it might be easier just to look up Craig James and see what do you scoring?
Speaker 5: I mean, the show, slow up, the show here. It was already said, I'm okay with not finding it.
Speaker 4: You know, Mickey, do you have one?
Speaker 5: Hang up?
Speaker 4: I need a memory, Mickey, I need a memory from you.
Speaker 1: How about.
Speaker 5: Back up?
Speaker 1: No third string quarterback Jason Garrett being the Packers in ninety.
Speaker 4: Four, thirty years ago, thirty years ago, Jason Garrett forty two thirty one. It was the day.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'll tell you in the second.
Speaker 4: Nomber twenty second, nineteen November twenty fourth.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 4: We might have it. We might have it here. Look at nineteen eighty four. Oh was that Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty four Dallas over New England twenty seventeen in Thanksgiving? Yes, there it is.
Speaker 4: You haven't lost your minds.
Speaker 1: I thought we lost, but you said you thought you lost. Yeah, you won.
Speaker 4: Twenty thirteen Craig James ran nineteen times for one hundred and twelve yards two catches.
Speaker 5: Was successful. What pissed me? That's right, what it was?
Speaker 4: Why we did what we did that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the white Rhino.
Speaker 4: You're still mad grambling, and that's right.
Speaker 6: He's still running over us. He's still running over my defense, all right.
Speaker 4: Time that was four eighty four, all right, so that was forty So you decided thirty years ago, nineteen ninety four, your memories from forty years ago, nineteen eighty four. Now give me your pick and your picks to click.
Speaker 6: My pick, of course, is the Cowboys winning the game. But before I start with that, I need redemption for my defense.
Speaker 5: I really do. I need them to play as well as they did in that first half.
Speaker 6: I need them to continue that throughout the entire game, because as I looked in the second half, there were some players that were open.
Speaker 5: I just don't know what the heck Daniels was doing. For some reason, he was not accurate in that game.
Speaker 6: Pressure on him, and I would imagine he was feeling you know, you say, seeing ghosts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was seeing ghosts back there.
Speaker 6: So I want to make sure our defense continues to allow, especially with the Lot coming in here for that Missouri boy.
Speaker 1: Where he is, That's right, I know where he is stand in the pocket.
Speaker 6: I am looking for my defense to control the game. Uh oci oh diggae zuoa very well. I look for to get at least one sack because he knows.
Speaker 5: What Drew Like is gonna be. Drew Lot is gonna be. So I look for that.
Speaker 6: Cowboys gonna win. I think we should handle them pretty well. I look at twenty eight to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Twenty eight thirteen Cowboy victory.
Speaker 1: And by the way, so Daniels got sacked four times and had eight quarterback hits.
Speaker 5: Ah, no, wonder he was he was He was suffered from that that that disease.
Speaker 1: He was a little SKITTI shoot podcast, right, I get it, I'm next.
Speaker 4: Yees sure, Oh every week we do this.
Speaker 5: Every week.
Speaker 1: It's the same twenty seven ten Okay, and watch out for rico'donnald one hundred yard performed finally one hundred yard yes, and two rushing touchdownsne about that? Wow? Almost double the Pretty soon you guys are going to make me quit picking cat Turpin right, hey, but.
Speaker 6: That that's always a good pick, right. We put him in that Michael play.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid after Sunday they ain't kicking to him. It's going to be touch back, touched because they tried to get fancy kicking short to and making it hard to handle, which he bumbled around. But that was on purpose. That wasn't that was planned.
Speaker 4: He bumbled around on purpose, bumbled the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, I know what I'm going to do here, all right, And he was I told you that's Monday, right. He said he was familiar with yes because he was like them at Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a teammate. And by the way, he went on injured reserve yesterday.
Speaker 1: Saw that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was doing the game.
Speaker 1: Whod they what if he got hurt trying to tackle? Try to tell he might have pulled a hamstring because he wasn't catch it up. It was like that card that passed me today. I looked at messpanometer. I was going eighty on rayboard and this guy just blew he was going one hundred. He was going one hundred. I swear to god, it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, And it wasn't turpid running right.
Speaker 4: Okay, what you got you went to thirty years ago? Yes, you went forty years ago. I've got the greatest memory. And Cowboys Thanksgiving history fifty years ago tomorrow, fifty years ago, tomorrow, November twenty eighth, nineteen seventy four, the mad bomber Clint Longley comes off the bench and he throws a touchdown past fifty yards to the great Drew Pearson to beat Washington twenty four to twenty three.
Speaker 5: Good times.
Speaker 1: Exactly more than that he did it.
Speaker 4: More than that he was trailing. They were Cowboys were trailing sixteen to three when he came off the bench.
Speaker 1: But that's what I was going to cite, his rookie debut.
Speaker 4: It was rookie debut.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, taking a snap in the NFL.
Speaker 4: The triumph of the uncluttered mind. That's Blaine Knight put it. And exactly fifty years later tomorrow, November twenty eighth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I just read the story in our book of the Cowboy Redskin Rivalry, and one of the quotes from Roger was, yeah, he goes. I used to sit next to him on the plane and we'd be I'd be looking at my playbook and every studying stuff, and I'd look over at Clinton. He goes, he was just sitting there doing nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, they weren't fans of each other though.
Speaker 1: Yeah you ready for my pick yo?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly fifty years later, it's the Tray Lance package. Trey Lance comes off the bench to hit another number eighty eight seed, the Lamb with a fifty yard touchdown pass as the Cowboys beat the Giants twenty four to twenty three.
Speaker 5: It can't be that close, bro. We don't want it that, you know what. We don't want it that.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be eliminated from Pitts.
Speaker 4: He comes up, who was right last week?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: I was almost right last week?
Speaker 4: Who was the one that told you about is the one that told you about Steve Berline last week? And Cooper Rush leads them to a victory, same score.
Speaker 6: And you're the same guy that wanted me going out there and meeting them at the airport too?
Speaker 4: Well? That was that was Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 5: That was the San Francisco either way he's talking about just.
Speaker 1: When you do your pregame show, you say the same thing.
Speaker 4: All right, was Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Cowboy