Speaker 1: Well, Kayser, thank you so much for being here. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: You're definitely one of my role models, so it's super cool to have you here sitting next to.
Speaker 3: Him, so excited. Thank you for having me of course.
Speaker 2: So to start off, as you may know, I'm seventeen and I'm a junior in high school, which I'm assuming is a little different than the people who are usually interviewing you. So I want to start off and you know, travel back to when you were seventeen and hear about your seventeen year old self.
Speaker 4: That was so long ago. Seventeen, I was a senior in high school. I had just signed my letter of intent to University of Michigan. Yes one Miss Basketball for the State of Michigan, Gatoray Player of the Year. I was just really I think that was kind of the kickoff of my success when it came to ball. Very naive, very young, very wild. Yea, but yeah, all on the right track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I were to say, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like you sound like the coolest seventeen year old ever, like Miss Basketball getting Player.
Speaker 1: Of the Year.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean she was cute, you know, yeah, but you definitely look better.
Speaker 2: Actually, my question is going to be What was like, how did you handle all that aura up? Because like if I was right now like get your Player of the Year miss Basketball, I'd literally be like my head would be blowing.
Speaker 4: So the funny thing about it was I didn't really tap into my femininity until I was about like twenty three, twenty four. Really I was a tomboy, you know. I didn't really put too much you know, thought into my aesthetic about how I looked. It was just ball.
Speaker 3: Like, you know.
Speaker 4: But once when I started growing into my womanhood a little bit, body start feeling out. Bit I started exploring, found out about mascara changed my life. Yeah, but it's I'm glad that I had that you know, naivity growing up and it maybe be able to appreciate, you know, the balance of you know, where I'm at now, especially with all the glitz and the glamour and buying closed doors just being myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: So was your goal to make it to the w as a teenager or did you have another career path that you wanted?
Speaker 3: Absolutely was the goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything that I said I wanted to do and accomplish it has come to pass. But that was something that was instilled in my heart since I was young, especially because that's when the w first started.
Speaker 3: I actually I was.
Speaker 4: Born and raised in Houston before I moved to Michigan, and my next door neighbor was Van Chancellor, who was the head coach of the Houston Comments at the time. So I was always around Sheryl and Tina, you know, and all the girls, and so I knew like Ripen and there I was like, I want to play in the w NBA one day. I used to do the junior basketball games at halftime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 2: You'd always been around, yes, and both of your parents played basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I come from a basketball heritage. He's an NBA player. My mom is a National champion, played underneath Kim Moulky. My my grandfather is a Hall of Famer, you know, coach my Yeah, I mean leave it to me. I wanted to be a gymnast until they turn around told me I was too tall, okay, and I flipped off a headboard and I was like, I'm just gonna stick to basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That actually goes perfectly into my next question, which was going to be like, did you ever feel stressed or overwhelmed knowing that you have all this legendary basketball jeans in your family, like you have to go through with.
Speaker 3: It, you know, No, for me, out of the three, no, there's three, there's three of us. I loved it.
Speaker 4: I fell in love with it. At the moment they put the ball in my hands. I knew I wanted to to be great. I knew I wanted to accomplish things, and I knew I wanted to get to the highest level.
Speaker 3: What it has.
Speaker 4: Done for me hasn't shifted my perspective until I've gotten older. But knowing the impact that ball has had all my life, it's literally has been used as a mechanism for me to branch out into longevity, and I feel like God has placed me in position just for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, though, because you are a child of an NBA player, what your thoughts are on Brownie and his situation is the whole situation around NEFO babies in BASKETA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's it's amazing, especially in terms of his situation. I mean, him playing on the same team as his father. It's iconic. So however you want to say it, it's it's reality. And it's something that hasn't been done before. And I'm a firm believer it takes a trailblazer for something to happen and for history to repeat itself. Now, do I think that anyone will have longevity and success like Lebron and do that. No, but probably you know that's why he is who he is. But as a father, that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, raise your son.
Speaker 1: Maybe next up we're gonna see like Duce in the league.
Speaker 4: Like, who knows if I were him, not bringing my other son team, make it a family affair.
Speaker 1: Totally, I know.
Speaker 2: Next up Bryce and then Zuri's I guess gonna be the first.
Speaker 1: But you know NBA player, that's a girl just joining the league. I love it. That'd be very cool.
Speaker 2: There's I feel like there was a there was a Saturday Night Live skit that I used to watch with my dad when I was little, which was it would show like twenty thirty and it's like Lebron in the finals, and then it would be like twenty fifty Lebron in the finals, and there'd be like three thousand Lebron at the finals.
Speaker 1: And every year'd be like, Okay, now.
Speaker 2: His teammates are Cannon and Riley Curry and like every here, and I just I thought that was funny. It really shows launity that Braun has. So moving back to you again because that's how we were doing. You originally chose Michigan and then you transferred to West Virginia. I want to hear how you chose Michigan. I know obviously you could have Michigan and Michigan State, living in Michigan and then taking us through your official visit.
Speaker 4: So my college decision experience was like a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: I had it in my mind. I wanted to go to Baylor.
Speaker 4: It was done like I was like, I'm going to commit to Baylor, especially in just following the heritage she coached my mom, you know, in college and and so I was like, that's that's where I want to go. But my grandparents had convinced me to stay home, and I knew that they were getting older, and so I decided to say my sister was actually was at Michigan State. She had she was a freshman at Michigan State when I was a senior, and everyone wanted to know once when she committed, if I was going to follow but we were attracting, you know, two different you know, schools and recruiting process, and luckily for her, I got a chance to experience Michigan State before I actually became a college student.
Speaker 3: So when I was up there with her, I'm like, I know, I can't go here.
Speaker 4: I was like, So did I think that I would be going across you know, to Michigan. No, But I'm glad that it worked out the way that it did because it did give my family access to come to my games. Yeah, my grandmother got a chance to watch me play before she passed after the season. But I think the ultimate determining factor for me was life outside of basketball. And I was always driving and going home like always mommy, mommy, you know, and it hit me, I'm like, I got to grow up. And so that's when I made the decision. I was like, I need to go further away from home, So I'm going to go to Baylor. And that had made up in my mind. I had called them, I was like, I'm coming, this is where I'm supposed to be. They had just won the national championship that year two And it's funny because the assistant coach for West Virginia at the time recruited me when he was at U of M when I was in eighth grade. So he had given my mam a calm was like, we hear kaisers transferring. I know she probably has her mind made up, but can she just get give us an opportunity to just come? And so I said, okay, I'll take a visit out of respect, that's courtesy. I end up falling in love and signed on spot.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, what was it about the school? It was? It was just everything.
Speaker 4: It was the fact that I could live in an apartment, I could have my own space, you know, just the level of candor you.
Speaker 1: Get to decorate it.
Speaker 3: I did, Oh my god, that's so Yeah.
Speaker 4: But just the candor from the coaching staff, it was just really genuine.
Speaker 3: The esthetic of town it was.
Speaker 4: You know, Morgantown is literally the city of West Virginia, yeah my opinion, and so us being the only you know, athletes in that area. You have you know, Pittsburgh and then you have DC. So a lot of people were really invested about you know, West Virginia sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I don't know, when God tells you this is where you're supposed to be he places in your heart and you know his voice.
Speaker 3: That's just what it is. Yeah, one of the best decisions I've ever made. Really, it was.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 2: So I'm like just starting the college process, okay, because I'm in eleventh grade and so I'm taking the act all that stuff. And I'm actually going to Michigan for the first time next week and touring Michigan.
Speaker 1: So I want to know if you have any like tips or res.
Speaker 4: Or you know.
Speaker 3: I love the university and it is beautiful. It's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Okay, You're going to be around a lot of smart people, yes, yeah, and it is the sports though. One thing about you of them though, they take pride in their campus. Yes, they take pride in investing, you know, in all of their organizations.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna love it. That black M is very powerful.
Speaker 4: You'll be surprised how many people you know you'll meet in this life that have the black M and turn around give you an opportunity just because it's I think they.
Speaker 3: Have like the number one. Yeah, it really it matters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I actually went there during the time when Jim Harbaugh first officially became the coach. Wow, And like Jabril. All of them were there and they were like third in the country. So Michigan Fastball by the way there, Yeah, the same.
Speaker 2: But Bryce Underwood, you know, the number one quarterback in classificantly five, just signed there. So I feel like that could maybe a fingers crossed all goes well on my act like that, maybe all get to be there at a time like that too. So you're incredible, Like, let's you say it. You are, And I'm curious what your seventeen year old self would think about all the amazing things you've accomplished.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I look at myself sometimes like trying to take it all in.
Speaker 3: My manager, my Shaila.
Speaker 4: Literally she tells me, I'm living in color and I feel that.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel it every day when I wake up.
Speaker 4: But to look back at myself and to know where I've come from, I think as a seventeen year.
Speaker 3: Old girl, she would she would say that to me. Now, thank you for getting out of your own way.
Speaker 4: M Honestly, you know, because I think that when we're younger, we've already predetermined how our life is going to look. Yeah, and you can't convince us that it's not going to pan out any other way, and life just hasn't gone the way that I planned and anticipated it. It's gone better, you know. So I always say, if you want to tell guy, you know, if you want to make them laugh, you tell them your plans.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't. I would if I were you, I would just dream.
Speaker 4: And be free and do whatever the hell you want to do, you know, and never let anybody tell you that you can't do it.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's such a good model.
Speaker 2: I feel like, especially for teenage girls, because people always try to put us in a box. You know, you have to be this person, and that's why I want to do this, because I think it's really important to share different, unique voices and perspectives.
Speaker 1: Like I love telling.
Speaker 2: People, Yeah, I have this podcast where interview basketball players and they're like you and like yes me, Like girls can do all things.
Speaker 1: So that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I want to we heard about you when you were seventeen. I feel like we be friends you're seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love chearing about her and now I want to move into basketball, fashion, entrepreneurship, all.
Speaker 1: That good stuff.
Speaker 2: So what was that feeling like getting drafted to the W Finally, fulfilling your dream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was surreal.
Speaker 4: I think that moment was like virals all over the place because my name got called and I just started screaming. My mom was sitting on the couch and just to see myself up there was so surreal.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, like crazy.
Speaker 4: It was the way that I got introduced to the world, you know, the way that I did. But again, you know, I don't I don't know how to describe the feeling when you know your your dreams become a reality. But the crazy part about it is as excited as I was. I had to start over all over again. You know. Once when you reach a new level at everything that you do, you have to start over again. And that's where the journey is the most exciting part because you don't get to stay the same. You get to get better, you get to increase. I'm still starting over every day when it comes to the W stuff. But you know, this is what I've done, you know, so the process, the grind, it's it's not unfamiliar territory for me totally.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on all the new expansion teams in the W.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. I think it's a.
Speaker 4: It's an exciting time, not just for women's basketball, but for women's sports, and you know particular, and to see the way that we're being embraced now, it's long overdue.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: And if there's a city that if you could choose any city to have an expansion.
Speaker 4: Team, Houston, Yeah, I got to bring that back. I'm putting it out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, what is the best advice you've ever been given.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you've been given a lot of good advice, but I know I'm sure that there's something specific that's really stuck out.
Speaker 4: So my trainer, very dear friend of mine, he told me, sometimes your life is the only Bible that some people may read.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like chills wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I'm always reminding myself that, And it's allowed me to become comfortable in my vulnerability and utilize it as a strength and not as a weakness, to know that every day it's bigger than me. I'm waking up because my creator is not done with what he has in store for me. So it's just always reminded me to live in my purpose and be authentic and care free and unapologetically yourself and that attracts the right people always.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, sort of if I'm hearing this right, you're saying like, also confidence is key.
Speaker 1: Which I feel is such absolutely and a lot of teenage girls really struggle with this.
Speaker 2: So this is a big confidence question, right, if you were to make a scouting report on yourself, I would really going to come.
Speaker 3: My game, My game or you as a person you can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm a shooter, you know, just shoot or shoot, but no, I'm a I can shoot the ball really well. I think I'm a very crafty player. People tell me that all the time, and my IQ is very high. I know I lack in other areas in terms of you know, my physicality, you know my built but I've always been able to make it up just because of my IQ for the game, great attitude, very coachable, receives information very fast, pays attention to detail immediately and makes the changes necessary. I just think a very smart, witty, crafty player, very skilled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, Okay, Now, Scott. For myself, I wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't give myself one really because it's it's it's limitless who I am and who I'm becoming is limitless.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 2: Okay, how different do you think your personality is to your personality on the court, Because I think that there's people that I've talked to rights explosive on the court, so going and then you talk to them, are like hi, and you're like, wait, that's all You'll just say.
Speaker 1: Like it seems like.
Speaker 4: Over the years they've been contrasting. Yeah, you know, I was. I was a firecracker growing up. I talked a lot of smack like all that.
Speaker 1: I know something about fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a fires I'm a leo.
Speaker 4: So but I think now I've who I've become off the court has also kind of shaped who I am as a player. I don't get like defensive, I don't get too riled up, fired up.
Speaker 3: I'm very poised. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big skill you need that all the technical is going on.
Speaker 4: I swear to me about it, tell me about it. I always say that's one thing I do not do. Like ever, I don't argue with refs even if a bad call is made.
Speaker 3: I just don'tn't because what are you going to get out of it?
Speaker 4: They're not going to change, Like unless the coach challenge it nowadays. But other than that, you're just gonna scream to your blue in the face and you still got to run back.
Speaker 3: And get back, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's a lot of kids need to hear.
Speaker 3: That I've been saying. But to each his own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there anyone specific that you draw inspiration from when it comes to your game?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think in particular. I watched Skyler growing up a lot, but as of late, who I've been watching is uh Klay Thompson and Devin Booker. Yeah. I kind of study their game a little bit catching shoot yeah, and then with Devin Booker, the fact that his ability to get to his spots, yes, without being rushed, seeing how much his game has grown.
Speaker 3: Because I love the mid range.
Speaker 4: You know, even though I shoot the ball, it's exceptionally well, and you know, now we live in an era where people only want to shoot three pointers. I think the mid range game is a lost art and it's still something that you need to continue to work on, especially being a shooter, I'm gonna get run off the line all the time.
Speaker 3: So those are the two. Yeah, I would say I love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, those are good players.
Speaker 4: And they are like if they are me, I have a lot of work to get to where they are, But I do watch what.
Speaker 1: Day do you think you're gonna have seventy in a game? Like Devin?
Speaker 3: I did already? Well, I know I don't. Like I said, I got a lot of works their fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be there sitting like I told her, you love that for you, manifesting.
Speaker 1: It always, You're right telling you it always works. I'm sure you, Yeah, it works.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone that you draw inspiration from when it comes to your fashion or style?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Initially so when I started studying my revamp, I paid a lot of attention to like Princess Diana, Julia Roberts, Haley Beeber's style A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm obsessed Giselle.
Speaker 4: I just I really just kind of went back into time, like in that nineties era, because I wanted my aesthetic to embody where I'm at in my life as a woman, and I found the beauty that less is more. But now when it comes to my own style, I don't compare myself to anybody. I think I kind of got it downpack in terms of how I want to feel, how I want to look. And then of course I have the greatest style list.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 4: Colin Carter I always say I'm colonized, so other than him and myself, I just try to keep it very cute, see very very clean.
Speaker 2: Well, you have some of the best tunnel fits in the game, and you know you're always on league fits and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: How long does it take to curate each tunnel fit?
Speaker 4: Everyone asks that less than five minutes. I'm so serious. It just depends on how I feel. Okay, yeah, and I and like I said, I'm just so like aligned with how I want to dress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be like I'll throw on a blazer day, I'll wear a suit, I'll wear a dress shirt. Just keep it very many.
Speaker 1: You just sign me for prom?
Speaker 3: Really, you know what?
Speaker 1: Literally I need you.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna put put that past you or me because you might be introducing me to another gift that I don't know that I have.
Speaker 3: Please let me find out.
Speaker 1: Yes, high school prom, like, think about it. I just if you're interested.
Speaker 4: I love that for you because I am. I went to one prom my entire time in high school.
Speaker 1: See, so you can like live through me as a junior girl.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's I'm so excited. But it's really annoying because as a junior you have to wear a short dress.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's perfect.
Speaker 2: You think so, but it just for me, it really like tightens down that. Like now I see something that I think he's perfect, then I can't wear it. I like short, but then if I see something long, it's perfect and it's stressful, and that's just too much. Okay, good, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Is there an NBA player or a w n b A player other than yourself that you think their fashion their style is spot on?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I adore Cameron Bring. Yeah, I think she's so classy. On the men's side NBA players, none of them, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 4: I would say outside of sports, I think for real, I like his style a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I just love League fits. That's like my favorite.
Speaker 4: So nice they really are, you know, my my relationship with them, they they're good people and they're always showing mad love. And it's crazy that we live in a time now where they pay more attention to the how you arrive in the games and the actual I know, well.
Speaker 2: On that topic, I feel like it's so because now basketball and fashion and pop culture won't yactically. And I'm curious what you think about that, and if you think, I don't know, if it's almost a distraction as a player to think that there's so much more that goes into it than just basketball.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a distraction as a player. I think it's a distraction for everyone else, especially And I'll use my situation as an example.
Speaker 3: I get a lot of.
Speaker 4: Attention because of the way I look and how I dress, and so because of that, people try to category categorize a narrative circulating around what's more important. That doesn't bother me because no matter how I look coming in, I have a job to do, so I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure a lot of you know players could feel the same way totally. It's the demands and the misinterpretations that people place on us.
Speaker 3: I don't think that it bothers how we view ourselves. If anything, I think it's great for us because it's expanding our brands, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean athletes. It's amazing how athletes can be so much more on the court.
Speaker 2: I love that what is one aspect of your game that you are most proud of, and what is one aspect of your game that you.
Speaker 1: Want to improve.
Speaker 4: One thing I'm most proud of. I would say this past season for me was excuse my language, just get my ass in shape. Everyone laughed at me because I was so tiny, but I was flying on the court like in practice. The coaches would laugh, the girls would laugh because I will always like be first and be running around one hundred miles an hour. But I think the level of discipline that it takes to be prepared makes it so much easier. So I was really proud of myself for that in terms of getting in shape for that level, because you know, I've always been in shape, but that level is a lot quicker. I was really proud of that because coming in, especially my rookie year, I didn't have that. Even though I had the IQ and the skill, my body wasn't ready. The thing that I do want to work on, I would say, it's probably continuing to.
Speaker 3: Elevate that just because I've gotten quicker.
Speaker 4: Now, I got to be mindful that I do need to endure and embrace the physicality and the bumping and you know, the build of the women in the league because their dogs.
Speaker 3: They can play, Yeah, they can play.
Speaker 4: The women in the league can play, you know, And so just respecting other people's game, but also respecting myself knowing that I belong as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's so important. In the next five years, Who's gonna be the face of the w and why?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm gonna say Angel. I think she's the face of the league already my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rightfully. So it's cool to see too.
Speaker 1: In addition to Angel, Caitlin whatever, Juju and all these girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come up, Yeah, I know Juju and Paige, you know those girls are coming.
Speaker 3: But I just think that.
Speaker 4: Angel's presence and her tora is very loud and she embraces everything that comes with her, and that's just something that's just different amongst everyone else, especially in the upcoming generation that's you know, obviously younger. She's kind of mastered that at twenty one, twenty two years old.
Speaker 3: So I think, yeah, i'd have to agree with that.
Speaker 1: And I think it's funny because it's a weird thing to think about.
Speaker 2: But whenever I look at the Angel Reese Meal, it actually makes me realize how incredible she is.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, you can be the face of the.
Speaker 2: W whatever, but having a McDonald's, like they really give that to if you were like one of the most famous athletes on the planet. And I don't think we've necessarily seen someone before that was in the w that could have that range sort of and be that noticeable, be on the face of a McDonald's meal, Like, that's that's a real to be really famous.
Speaker 3: To do that, that's so cool to see.
Speaker 2: Like you said, at twenty one, I mean, she was just a rookie and already has this.
Speaker 3: Sky's the limit. Yeah, I truly.
Speaker 4: I mean, as long as she continues to just be herself and pave the way, I mean, it gives permission for all of us, you know, to be ourselves. But I'm glad I got a chance to watch it up close and personal. She's doing great.
Speaker 1: She is, She's amazing.
Speaker 2: Who is your dream WNBA player to share the court with and why? And I guess you could also say just professional basketball players in general. Calle gospet plays because I know your mom, I'm a champion, that would obviously be cool.
Speaker 4: I would say Diana Nolan. I don't know if you're familiar with her, She played for the Detroit Shock back in the day when they won a championship, and I was obsessed with them. When I moved to Michigan, my dad would make me sit down and.
Speaker 3: Watch all the games and watch her play. How old were you at this one, hoof?
Speaker 4: It was probably maybe ten eleven twelve, really little.
Speaker 3: She probably I.
Speaker 4: Don't even know, but it was in if I'm correct me, if i'm I want to say it was in two thousand and eight when they went.
Speaker 3: So however I old, I.
Speaker 1: Was I won? I don't really remember, unfortunately.
Speaker 4: No, but definitely her. It was her game is something that my dad stressed and modeling mine after.
Speaker 3: Okay, love it?
Speaker 1: What is your mount rushmore of w n b A players.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm gonna go with Lisa Leslie, I'm gonna go with Sheryl.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Candace. I'm gonna say Candy by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I'm gonna go with her simply because I didn't realize that she was Rookie of the Year and m v P her first year and then she got pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't know that, then continued, Yeah, I didn't. I didn't know that those three. Let me see, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's not talked about enough, how hard it is to be a female athlete when you get pregnant, and like how insane it is to bout.
Speaker 4: I'll talk about it because that's why we need to Ain't no baby coming out of me until I retire, because kudos to the women that go back.
Speaker 3: It is crine. Yeah, I mean women are just amazing.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to think. I'm trying to think of two others. Those are like my top three.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do a podium, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Who is the best trash talker in.
Speaker 4: The W Well, she just announced her retirement, but I would say Diana's harassed by far.
Speaker 1: Do you have any specific stories for trash talking?
Speaker 4: None that I don't want to err, I've I've been apart.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, what is.
Speaker 1: Your favorite clothing brand?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say right now, like the actual brand or where I get closed from?
Speaker 1: Both, let's answer at all?
Speaker 3: My favorite?
Speaker 4: Well, I would say my favorite place to get closed from would be Revolved.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Same, it's God though, because in school I just sit on my computer just scroll for like years.
Speaker 3: That's Okay, I used to do that.
Speaker 6: Tell me that you're seventeen doing that, that's what you're supposed to be doing at seventeen, Rather you scroll and do that versus scrolling and social media.
Speaker 3: You know, That's that's how I grew up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say Revolve is the best for me in order to get clothes. Not my favorite brand. I'm just trying to figure out what I wear the most. I'm a I'm a I'm a blazer girl. I feel like that's what my aura on my aesthetic is known for. And I've fallen in love with men's oversized clothing love, so I wouldn't necessarily want in particular, but I like vintage like shops and pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: And just it's thrifting is fun. But then it's like if you actually go, I feel like and you're like digging them. It's so tiring, like such an exercise.
Speaker 3: It is. It takes work to shop.
Speaker 1: Instead of exercising. I'm like, no, I'm just gonna be a shopping together.
Speaker 3: It's work. It really is exercise.
Speaker 1: What is your post game cheat meal?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 4: So I'm very disciplined. I don't really eat crazy Okay, but uh yams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your cheat meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: After after the games in Chicago, I would go to uh.
Speaker 3: This place. Uh god, it's on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 4: I don't know why why I can't think of of them, but I used to go to their place, jerk Villa. Okay, soul food like crazy, like from the yams to the mac and cheese, to the cabbage to the wings. With the jerk, I get down when that time comes, but I'm pretty disciplined. But the yams, for sure, especially. I think I'm supposed to be going to a steakhouse tonight, can order some or whatever.
Speaker 3: The sweet potatoes yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, So like if you had a choice, like, let's pretend like we weren't talking about like calories anything like that, and you could eat sweet potato fries.
Speaker 1: Yams. We're just like regular French fries, but the best ones possible. Which would you choose?
Speaker 4: I would use jams by fire, and then the sweet potato fries and then the fries.
Speaker 2: I know for someone say my life, So then it is your favorite.
Speaker 4: Food jams, Yes, it's SAMs, and then Seafoodcha.
Speaker 2: What do you think is the best restaurant in la I know you don't live here, but when you come here.
Speaker 4: So I need I need to ask you what's the best restaurant in Las Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, I don't know what I would say.
Speaker 2: I love Mister Chow, which is like I've heard that it's actually literally on this street.
Speaker 1: It is the best Chinese food ever. Okay, so fire. But if you're like really healthy, then like you because it's like not healthy whatsoever.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you go to Air One ever?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, I mean, like I know that's like so basic, but I just I love their smoothies.
Speaker 1: I'm just so good. Like that's usually what I get after school.
Speaker 4: Okay, it too Yeah, I gotta get a little bit more familiar with that.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Also, okay, I've ever been to the Big Chill? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the.
Speaker 2: Big Chill is like an LA staple, like fro Yo ice cream all of that. It's so fun and like when you go, there's always a giant line out the door. And that's something my parents like from when I was super little, we would always go there. I I don't know if people know it who are like tourists, but like La locals, like, that's where you have to go.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Make s okay, try and please let me know.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So that's like the like trade off. I'll give you restaurant wrecks and then you help me with my progress.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, good good.
Speaker 2: If you could go to dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's so aggressive. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just going from yam anyone general.
Speaker 4: Hmm, girl, you're gonna be all right, a little smart. Who would I go to dinner with? M? I would say Princess Diana M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you talk about? There's a lot of questions you could ask her, Like.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't ask questions.
Speaker 4: I would just go yeah, like I would go with the flow when you talk about Aura's yeah, yeah, like I love trailblazers, like I'm very attracted to people who find joy in breaking down barriers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just off rip. She's just the first person that I could think of.
Speaker 2: Would you ever get a haircut like HER's like a little tiny, tiny microbox.
Speaker 4: So yes, really, when I'm in my thirties, I've already been thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, She's like you know that this is gonna I.
Speaker 4: Used to have long hair and then I went into this little bob like the next cut.
Speaker 1: Is like, oh my gosh. Yeah, I don't think like I know this is gonna change. Maybe this is just because I'm in like my teenage era right now.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm gonna give you some advice. Don't touch your hair. Okay, yeah, do not touch your hair. I'm never gonna just there's more than enough nowadays in this generation. You can throw something on it if you want to, but don't touch your hair.
Speaker 2: When I was little, though I was a huge soccer fan, I still am, and I wanted my hair like neymar so badly and I would beg my mom, please, please can I get a mohawk?
Speaker 1: And I get a buzz cut?
Speaker 2: And she was like girl, no, no, And now I'm very thankful that she didn't let me get that.
Speaker 1: So it's good good parenting. Don't your daughter cut their heads.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite non basketball athlete?
Speaker 4: Mmmm, I would say Serena. I love her, Yeah, I am. I cried when she lost Yeah, so I've never cried over anyone else.
Speaker 3: So yeah, have you got a.
Speaker 1: Chance to meet her?
Speaker 3: That's my girl?
Speaker 1: What was that like the first time.
Speaker 3: It was so real. We actually met.
Speaker 4: We met at Essence this past year for I think like the Summerfest, and I've actually worked with her and her team with her makeup, and I just saw now that she's got the ownership for the new expansion team for this w n B A so love to see her coming over in our ur lane, hopefully Little Collapse.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite movie?
Speaker 3: Paid him full?
Speaker 1: I've never seen that.
Speaker 4: You should wait, it's it's I'm like, I like drug movies like so I'm into like Scarface obviously paid.
Speaker 3: Them full belly. I don't know if you've heard of good Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite TV show?
Speaker 3: I would say Power?
Speaker 1: Mmm. I thought you're gonna say Breaking Back because you said you love drug stuff.
Speaker 3: I've actually haven't heard of that one. You haven't heard of Breaking Back?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I don't know if I'm like wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's like the most famous.
Speaker 3: TV show I so tapped out of reality.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what you like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna take that advice and be like, no, I don't care what other people like.
Speaker 1: I just like what I like. That's about yeah. Do you a favorite video game?
Speaker 3: Grand Theft Atom Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do a favorite podcast?
Speaker 3: This one?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? Can we say it? Slow nos is my favorite podcast?
Speaker 3: Slow Knows This is my favorite exactly.
Speaker 1: Do a hidden talent.
Speaker 4: I do a lot of them, but I'm gonna keep it hidden.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. That's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 1: Describe your style in one word, timeless. What is your favorite ice cream for flavor?
Speaker 3: Bluebell homemade vanilla.
Speaker 2: So I've actually had yeah, flavored ice cream before, and that's a very la thing.
Speaker 1: It's called sweet Rose.
Speaker 2: They have very weird ice I would think you would be. So I want to find you some because like I feel like you would love it. Like sweet potato ice cream.
Speaker 1: That's like a thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, olive oil ice.
Speaker 1: Cream all that.
Speaker 4: The most kind of creative ice cream I've had is the banana pudding one.
Speaker 3: I just found out what Bluebell was last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, But vanilla, You're just vanilla straight up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, It's funny because I feel you have so much flavor and so many things in life, but then your ice cream like doesn't really it's just vanilla.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite candy sour patches, watermelon heads.
Speaker 1: Oh strong.
Speaker 4: I don't even eat candy, but if you put a bag in front of me, I will down it and probably be like an hour.
Speaker 1: Those are insane.
Speaker 2: Who is the most favorite famous person in your contacts?
Speaker 5: I can't do that. I'm gonna say my manager up, she is soaping. No, she's iconic?
Speaker 3: Are you kay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One day I'll get it out of you.
Speaker 3: One day I will, okay.
Speaker 1: And then last week, what does your celebrity or who is your celebrity look alike?
Speaker 3: Oh? I'm hearing NonStop carry Hilson.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is. I'm gonna look it up.
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm like a baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do you spell her name? Have you ever heard the song pretty girl? Ram K E R I E? And then Hilson? Oh? I see that?
Speaker 2: Should I show the camera little bit around this one is where you look like her?
Speaker 3: I see it? Yeah, I see it.
Speaker 4: I recently did a spread for Essence for the January February collection, and I did a pixie cut haircut and it was the same haircut she had, I think in her twenties, and so everyone was like, oh, missus, carry baby, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, So the last segment of Sloan Nose is called Sloan Knows.
Speaker 1: Your Game Trivia.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like you're gonna be good at this, but a lot of the other players that I interview, they have a lot to say, and then they don't actually know anything really about themselves, like they forget all their stats and they're really bad. And I know more than them, which I love. But I'm scared because, like, you're really smart and I feel like you may know a lot. Anyways, so let's see how this game works. My first question is in college you were your career I end points and assists in the same game. Do you remember who you played, as well as how many points and how many assists you have?
Speaker 3: Thirty and ten?
Speaker 1: TCU got one little little detail wrong? What nine assists?
Speaker 3: You round it right?
Speaker 1: You round up her? Okay.
Speaker 2: You were picked to fourth in the twenty twenty one w NBA A draft. Do you remember the three people picked ahead of you?
Speaker 4: Charlie mm hmm Ari she was picked third?
Speaker 3: God it it was a girl from overseas, wasn't it? Drafted to Dallas? Yes, I don't know our name, but I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's try my hardest to pronounce this. Who woke coo Eria?
Speaker 3: I think that was her?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that rings a bellant?
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I guess you got like half point on that one? Half points?
Speaker 2: Do you know how many points you scored in your first college game at Michigan and you know which team you played against.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take that, Eli, sweetheart. Okay, what did you doant?
Speaker 1: I guess I feel like you could guess.
Speaker 4: Well. I know in my pre game when we played Central Mission again, I had twenty eight and eight, but that one doesn't count.
Speaker 2: So this is against Oakland and you had nineteen points, which is an insane college debut.
Speaker 1: Yes, your rookie year with the fever. They had three other rookies.
Speaker 3: On the roster.
Speaker 1: Do you remember who those three other rookies were?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So Aliyah me yes, and Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a there's another there was yeah. Bernadette Hatartar Hater, hater Htar. I don't know.
Speaker 3: She remember exactly what?
Speaker 1: Okay, hitar? She what is your last name?
Speaker 3: Hater?
Speaker 1: It's not it couldn't be.
Speaker 3: I know, I know what you're talking about. I know.
Speaker 2: Faces, Okay, face faces sorry, Bernadette.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then my last question for you.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many followers you have on Instagram and how many followers you have on Twitter.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it six hundred and eight.
Speaker 2: One hundred seven thousand on Instagram.
Speaker 3: On Twitter, I want to say one seven one point said.
Speaker 2: I know you're doing not because that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kyser, get ready for this.
Speaker 2: I want you to nominate the next Loan Nos guests. But there's a catch. Ready, okay, you have to get them on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Who is that going to ben?
Speaker 3: You put me on the s I have to oh, athlete.
Speaker 1: Well, I've only interviewed so far, but you know someone you mentioned, Earli.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say Camera yeah. Okay, I want to say, I'm gonna say Cameron yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna help me for sure, promise no, it's pink kinky, and then the thumb
Speaker 2: That okay, okay,