Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season two eighty five, Episode one of Dina's Guys.
Speaker 2: It's a production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast we where where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. Sure, it's Monday, May first, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know what that means. If you're in America, it's fucking law Day, and everywhere else it's International Workers Day. Okay, because the government is like, we're not here for any kind of proletarian solidary. Long, we're not doing that. You're not doing this seventh birthday. Oh shit, shout out the eudist, Shout out to the eldest, the elder. Yeah, no, it really is wild how we like they replaced fucking like International Workers Day with law.
Speaker 3: Day, and yeah, that's crazy. It wants to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Long Oh yeah, yeah, Hey, shout out to Pinkertons though you did your thing Aymarket National Pinkerton Day. Yeah, I'm surprised that's not That's what how America would be though, that they'd be like, and you know what May first is Pinkerton Day. Shout shout out to everybody.
Speaker 4: Pinkerton for our progress.
Speaker 1: Anyone who uses violence to protect property or the interest of the Yeah, yeah, yeah, shout out to you. It's your day.
Speaker 3: They're gonna add actually heard for Black History mouth. They're adding a slave catcher Day, just slave catchers who don't know that lost property March first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, hey, also, I mean, let's let's not forget the Alapaha blue blood bulldog, the original Plantation dog. Okay, not so popular to have anymore. Yeah, we're going to talk about them today. I believe my uncle has one just to be like to I guess, just to come like to come back on like white supremacy. And he's like, now I've got a slave funny dog. Look like it's like a big ass bulldog. It's they're kind of cute. They slabber fucking everywhere though. Yeah, that's what it looks like. Okay, yeah, I know these guys. I think the original Plantation dogs that is a dog dogs spot has a like a cute picture and then the number one bullet point Plantation dog the cool.
Speaker 3: I have a white ex girlfriend who had a dog like that, and I didn't didn't even use it against her. That fact just came at me too late.
Speaker 1: That just texture without any context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally this you apology?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA God. I feel like hell to night coffee sweats. I cannot fight. My plumpers look like hawks of ham. Are these jeans strong enough to be my pants? My pants? I just flexed through my jeans. That's courtesy a Lockrone on the discord.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my.
Speaker 2: Wife is working from home tonight, so she got to just overhear me singing some Sheryl Crow there. That's how I let her know, you know, mm hmm. Got these pipes of gold at my job as serious. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've done this aka AKA, but it Miles great. AKA. They see the Santis Trump way in so old damn. But they announced him Biden early. They announced him Biden early. They announced him Biden. We didn't do that, but to ray Zac on the announced in Biden earler, then I was in Biden early. Yep, yep, yep, yep. Yeah. And a lot of Kamala in that video has had conservatives on one side being like, wow, look at her, what's wrong with him? And other people being like so that's gonna be Are you doing that to ensure people like and that's who will take over if I croak, if I die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're kind of a dual ticket, you know. It's like president co president type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. It's a hatch a mole. You never know what's inside. Is such a scared word.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Miles, we're really joined by a hilarious writer, actor, filmmaker, comedian goth Prince.
Speaker 1: It's the brilliant, the talented Brodie.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, what's up.
Speaker 1: To you?
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to your son the eldest. I think it's really cool that you name them the eldest.
Speaker 1: The eldest, Yeah, eldest Presley, and the other one's named baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll actually be to grow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miles gave me a great idea for a the perfect birthday president Star Wars. He's not a listener, so I can I can spoil this Star Wars technical journal from when Miles was a little Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that the one that has like, uh cutouts and then it just like shows you like different kinds of like wiring and pipes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like schematics for unknown technologies that don't exist. But as a kid, you're like, I need to know how this works, even though I don't I have that any kind of engineering acumen.
Speaker 2: Him when I told him that tie fighters stood for a twin ion engine, that you you had told me that on like the record that day, and I told him that and his mind like that was the best thing he learned maybe Ever. He was like, how I've overheard him, like telling my wife, she was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the kind of.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like he's a twin ion engine. Yeah, I guess it was also just I went to the fire station with him this morning for like a little kindergarten class trip, and he was asking so many questions and like correcting the guy who was giving us the floor, and like I was like, no, that's not he was.
Speaker 2: He was wrong too, but he's just real, real into the details. And yeah, yeah, that's a podcaster, Dad's exactly. That explains it all.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Hey, you're telling him this crap. This sounds always from people listening to podcasts and come in here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you think about it, this is a little island of socialism in the middle of a you know, capitalist. It is wild though, like they they all like you know, they go to work for like forty eight hour shifts and like have to cook for each other and ship that would.
Speaker 3: Be that's messed up. They for kindergarteners. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: How kindergarten's intense these days.
Speaker 2: We haven't been a special program that is actually tied around the fire station. Yeah, all right, Brody, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about today. We're going to talk Disney, the Disney lawsuit against DeSantis. The the way this story is being pitched is like that we have to take Disney's side, seems to be the thing, but like what they're asking for is actually kind of fucked up, and you know.
Speaker 1: It's there's no no good sides in this no good side really when you look at the lawsuit, they're like, we're trying to bring in the end of regulation. How about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about other Disantas shit, including his time at Gitmo. Got a great T shirt key chain from the time he did there. We're gonna talk about drug sniffing dogs all that plenty more. But first, Brody, we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are.
Speaker 3: Recently, someone told me that the melting point of silver was over nine hundred degrees celsius. Okay, And first of all, it sounds like a straight up line nine hundred degrees celsius, like in fahrenheit. That is about a million degrees. I don't think it takes that long for it to melt. I mean, I'm pretty sure when Blade makes his bullet it's for his gun. You know, he's not using like an industrial oven but smelter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I looked it up and it turns out it is definitely over nine hundred celsius, which is crazy to try it out. I tried to melt some of my own silver. My oven didn't go up high enough, so it's still intact. And yeah, I'll believe a stranger on the street every once in a while, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so those werewolf movies are fucking lying to us when it's just like, yeah, yeah, kids, just at home, you can melt down your own silver bullets.
Speaker 1: Horseshit. Yeah, God, that's too many.
Speaker 2: Fair the fahrenheit is seven hundred and sixty three degrees fair and vielle, that's too many fahrenheits, that's like this, that's like hotter than the surface of the sun.
Speaker 1: Probably probably a thousand, seventeen hundred degrees is hotter than the surface of the sun. I'm just gonna go out and say, this is a podcast, so.
Speaker 3: It's hot when his ninety degrees outside.
Speaker 1: Have you been in the valley in the summer. I'm pretty sure I know what the surface of the sun feels like. I'm pretty sure that on Meltsover for sure. Yeah. On the blacktop surface of the sun, temperature is oh no, no, no, to convert, it's fifty seven hundred degrees kelvin, which is twenty seven million degrees fahrenheit. Twenty million degrees yeah fhrenheit.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: I was imagine if you were standing on asphalt on the sun, that would be cl that even hotter. Yeah, you might.
Speaker 1: As well be walking on the asphalt on the sun. Give you that song was scientifically inaccurate. Yeah, good luck surviving, asshole. Let's see that. Let's see that. You're so fucking confident.
Speaker 2: Bro, do you like, do you have some concerns about like some werewolf activity or you're just oh yeah, kind of in the.
Speaker 3: Market at all times. Yeah, you know, people, he's always zombie survival guides out there. But what are you going to do when another type of monster attacks? What are you going to do when something comes out from the lake? You know what I mean? Yes, what are you going to do when the moon's out? It's it's it's terrible. Don't don't don't get got you know what I mean? Yeah, don't turn into a teen wolf? You know what. I don't want to do that. I don't want to go through through puberty again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, draculas have probably like there there's so many things that you can use to fuck up a dracula, like yeah, totally, so much easier than silver bullet. Come on, yeah, fuck out here were wolves.
Speaker 3: You could probably kill a vampire just by hurting their feelings or something at this point. Yeah, there's so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've we've i think we've overemphasized them too, like I know, like, don't invite motherfuckers in? Yeah, like there is that is there even a light? Yeah, Like, don't fucking invite him inside and you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Swamp things under underrated monster?
Speaker 1: What what's it? Well, you said, like something rises out of the lake or.
Speaker 3: The swamp creature from the Black Lagoon or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there is there a like weapon that they're uniquely susceptible to.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess salt.
Speaker 1: It's a great guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a lot of salt. If you throw some all in anything's eyes so you can get away. So yeah, use that on vampires too.
Speaker 1: And it's what swamp things weakness? Was it? Yeah? Because they're elemental what do they call it? Like elemental something. There's like a category for what.
Speaker 3: Is So yeah, get it, get some plastic soda can rings and that.
Speaker 2: See, everybody makes a big deal about climate change, but what they don't talk about is that it's saving us from swamp things exactly?
Speaker 1: What is what something you think is overrated? This?
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of people. I want to grab the temperature on this. I am really tired of seeing big ass trucks. It's it seems like all of us made fun of hummers and they pretty much went away, and then for some reason in the last couple of years, there's so many new like big ass trucks out YEP, they're block in our view, they look like feel I feel like I'm watching a boulder go down the street, Like if that hits something, they're immediately squolash.
Speaker 1: Everyone's dead except for the dipshit driving. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it used to be just escalades and stuff, but now it's like every company has some kind of new, big ass truck. I don't know if it's some kind of Transformers promotion or something like that, but we need to get them off the street.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that you said you wanted to take the temperature on that. The temperature take is one and sixty three degrees fahrenheit. That's hard enough to melt silver night. I didn't say fifty seven hundred kelvin because oh shit, that's how passionate I am about these big ass, dumb fucking cars. This is a big problem, actually a lot of Like I was reading an article recently about the people who designed parking lots who are sounding the alarm. They're like, bro, we have a standard that we use to even like design a parking lot, and these cars are because like all we're hearing back from people is like they need to be bigger. Then like then the standard, which is roughly to be like the Ford F one P fifty was kind of like the maximum width and length they were like considering, and now they're saying it's getting out of fucking control. This is an interesting stat in nineteen eighty five. This is from Vice, about three out of every four vehicles made for US sale where sedans or wagons. Okay, yeah, sedans or wagons. Now that race is different. About one in every four vehicles now is a sedan or a hatchback, like because nobody's even buying what like wagons anymore, like Volvo and I think you know barely BMW makes them. The other three quarters are now larger vehicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it truly is like an arms race situation where like driving, if if the road is three quarters sedans or wagons, it's fine if you're in a sedan, But if you're in a sedan and like it's three quarters you know, giant wheel, like you look over to the side and like all you see is like the bottom half of a wheel, Like, yeah, that's not It makes it impossible to drive. It makes it so frustrated.
Speaker 3: Why is everyone driving monster trucks all of a sudden? It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm curious what is it? Is it a Is it the automobile industry saying like, you know, motherfuckers will buy bigger, more expensive cars, we might as well just do that to pat our pockets? Or is I like Brody, your observation too, is like we're seeing like this regression back to the hummer era where the people that were shamed for hummers are like now rising back up to be like people who are like, yeah, man, there's my big ass masculine truck or whatever. And is it like what's driving what That's the thing I'm really curious about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have no idea. They're never carrying anything in the truck, by the way, there's never anything back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like where your of the trade empty gun rack? No, yeah, it's a it's a YETI cooler with a bunch of fucking cools and.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, it's also I mean there is a safety issue, Like to your point, like if if you're getting into an accident with one of those, then.
Speaker 1: Like it's kill or be killed, Like you you better be in a big ass car if you're gonna get in an accident with a big ass car. So like it does feel like there's an a silent arms race that is happening where you're just like, yeah, I guess we have to have a car that is the size of a small pool. Because there's look growing up in LA and I know that there are people who need trucks and there are people who need to be seen in a truck. Yeah you know what I mean. And like I'm exactly you putting in a You're putting in some hard graft later in that fucking know. Yeah, what is this? But what if you if.
Speaker 3: You need a truck, you probably have one of those like dirty white like cheves from like like a silver something. Yeah, that's a workman's truck. But if you have some like shiny like multi panel like big ass black tinted window type.
Speaker 1: Thing, yeah, probably the out Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have a job. You don't have a job period.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Or I just got my first check from the military, and instead of being predictable, I didn't buy a charger, So I about to be a gas truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had this one time I had to go to the beach, so I got a se raptor. Because you never know when you're gonna have to go to the beach and bring a pooler.
Speaker 1: You know what, what is something?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Do you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: So usually I recently I've been looking for a new book to read. I'm always looking for new books to read. And one thing that I didn't consider is reading a book that I already had.
Speaker 2: Everyone had that is the Bible, right, yeah, the good book, the good I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going for the trilogy, so I read the Mormon one. But yeah, it's like everyone in their library has, I want to say, on average, at least a dozen books that they bought, read like two chapters of and was like, I'll finish this when I have the time. Yeah, and then later on you had the time and you were watching Succession and you were not reading those books. So I encourage people to go back, look at the things that you were interested when you were younger, slightly younger, and read that shit. Finally, I forgot that I have so many graphic novels. When I'm looking for inspiration, instead of spending money, I should just be literally looking behind me.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just reread a Slaughterhouse five. I hadn't read that since like I was in my twenties. Yeah, and it's just like really reminded me of my twenties first of all, but it's like way better than I remembered, way weirder than I remember.
Speaker 3: So good. Yeah, it's it's so much content from like when I was a teenager. I finally have the rain yea to understand. I remember like watching like police procedurals. I was faking understanding them all the time up until recently. I was like, wait a minute, I know every word, I know how the justices works.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't and this ship. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I never thought that's how I realized that I was thirty five, and I never never thought that I felt like an adult before. But it turns out just a lot of trivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: What is there a classic that you reread that you were like, oh, this is even better upon.
Speaker 3: I just read Animal House again recently?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Wait? Yeah, Animal House?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a movie.
Speaker 3: Uh am, I thinking of the movie what's the Georgia Oral book Animal Farm?
Speaker 4: That's when I'm a farm.
Speaker 3: I'm the one where the yeah, the ones where the animals go to college and then they try to like find the unaware of like all the picture in the house. No, but I recently read an Animal Farm again, and I remember when I when I read it when I was a kid, I was just like, yeah, yeah, this is like Charlotte's Web but a little bit more boring. And now I'm like, oh, I'm completely activated. I know who to vote for this election. Yeah right, no one.
Speaker 1: Oh man. That's like when I like read Breakfasted Champions and all I thought. I was like, hey, there's a cool drawing of an asshole in this yeah, and it always does like a little nudie drawing in there. Yeah, but it was so simple, and I was like, Kurt Viney gets a fucking genius. And then you go back and you're like, whoa, this ship is heavier than the drug. And I know exactly what you mean of like that thing of like posturing when you're younger and being like, yeah, man, I'm reading this heavy ship because that's where my brain is fucking at. It was not there at all. Yeah, yeah, exactly, So I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, being an old soul doesn't help with knowing adult terms.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My version of that was reading the Star Wars Technical Journal and being like, can I actually tell you how an a wing bomber works?
Speaker 3: That's I know what a twin eye on is.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Thank you very much, thank you, thank you. All right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and we'll talk about Disney, who owns everything including twin Ion engines, and for half the stuff we were talking about, they just bought the the Kurt Vonnegut catalog. Sorry to Breakfast chair, the Monkey House is being added to Animal Kingdom.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. Kilgore Trout is a trout.
Speaker 4: Now and we're back and uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is a story that I think is being pitted as like Disney versus rond de Santis. We all know which side we're on in that one, am I right? Folks? Oh yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, Disney is a massive corporation at a time in American history that is completely run by massive corporations, and they are using this opportunity smartly to basically try and grab more power in terms of how you can just how much power a corporation can possibly have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's right now. So we've heard that like Rohnda Santis is like I'm gonna get them so good because they humiliated me by doing an end around with their Reedy Creek Development District. So they filed a lawsuit against him, and they said that there they have been the victims of a quote targeted campaign of government retaliation which was orchestrated at every step by Governor Ronda Santis has punish wish for Disney's protected speech aka coming late to the party to vocally criticize that don't say gay legislation that was happening in Florida. They got late, they were late to that party. Let's let's not forget that part about Disney. And so they reportedly filed this suit, like quote just minutes after DeSantis is he put the new governing board of this Reedy Creek Development District that they basically passed a resolution to basically put a halt to Disney's control in that area. And it's just like the whole thing is it reads like a terrible breakup letter. Disney's quote regrets it has come to this, and they've quote exhausted efforts to seek a resolution. So I think they're now going to have a conscious uncoupling with him. Girl, Yeah, with Ron DeSantis. But again, this is where it gets a little freaky. Though they're also trying to claim that they're standing up for small businesses and the little guys because you know what, they have the resources to take on the state. And this is where I believe it gets very, very very murky. So the lawsuit does show that DeSantis is like his policy definitely was motivated by Disney's, like you know that their First Amendment protected free speech. Even in his book that he's talked about this, like how he said that they they crossed the line, and you know, he had like a special session to like terminate these special districts, which objectively are are fucking dumb to have, or like a state's like yeah, yeah, yeah, you wealth group of wealthy people, do whatever the fuck you want, and we'll just stay the fut do whatever makes you the most money, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's like a story about like their monorail, like that the Disney monorail doesn't have to comply to the Department of Transportation safety standards, and like a cast member, like somebody that's what they call people who like work at the park was killed, like died because of this, and they're just like yeah, yeah, move it along because they can because they're like their own government and yeah, in that district. So it's fucking terrifying. But that's not why he's being fucked up about it.
Speaker 1: Well, like the state could have tried to like just repeal their you know, weird ass stranglehold over this area. But because like DeSantis is in such a weird ego trip, like it had to be this whole thing to like score points and like like you know, keep escalating the fucking situation and now like it's got it's come to this major lawsuit. But this is the thing that's very kind of This is the this is the thing I have my eye on the rhetoric in this lawsuit. Like, while there is a lot to like evoke their constitutional free speech and all this other shit, they're evoking this thing called the contracts clause, which was something that was very contentious at the turn of the previous century, going from the eighteen hundreds to the nineteen hundreds. In that time, like the Supreme Court repeatedly quote use the contracts clause to preserve private monopolies over things like the water supply or preventing local governments from constructing their own water works. It also struck down a Kansas law and acted during a financial panic that let mortgage holders stay in their homes for several months after foreclosure. So essentially the Supreme Court would say that if a state tried to intervene on behalf of the citizens to like nullify like an agreement or like a predatory contract, they would basically side with the businesses and essentially keep regulation at bay. So building their lawsuit around this specific language is opening the door possibly for like an appeal to the Supreme Court where they may want to revisit this and have another opportunity to realign our legal system with the interests of business owners and not workers. Like that's like the that's the slippery slope that they're using this like language with and that has been the Supreme court'smo the entire Like, yeah, they haven't for the top ten years. They haven't taught, like they haven't touched the contract clause in a while, because like the sort of the flow of our culture was like, yeah, regulation is good, because this is like coming out of the depression and shit like that. So now I'm like, oh, I guess I'm on this side because you can distill sort of his argument and this is a very charitable distillation down to no company should have this much power in a state where they can just flaunt like regulations or these other things, which is one hundred percent true. And we talked about already how fucked up this Reedy Creek Improvement District is. His reason for doing it is just absolutely fucked up, and it's based on his like authoritarian ego. But this again, I just I'm bringing this up because Disney isn't the only company that's talking about the contract, cause, like many companies are trying to win cases based on this logic, but so far they have been unsuccessful. Quote this is from Slaate Hotels cite the clause to battle severance pay for workers and rehire and the rehire of laid off employees. Delivery apps used it to combat caps on the amount of quote commission cash they can extract from restaurants. Corporations deployed it to fight data private to see laws. Police unions have seized upon it to hobble disciplinary procedures and conceal records of misconduct from the public. So when you when you put it all together, you're like, oh, this is the say, like Disney's using this fucking legal reasoning that's on the side of all the evil doers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just so fucked that this is the only place we get a politician pushing back on like corporate power, just like unfettered corporate power, like complete deregulation, which is the like rule of in modern America. But because the two parties are essentially in the center working with corporations like that, you don't get anything like this from the left, and so you just like accidentally get it coming from like fascists. Yeah, you know, right wing shit.
Speaker 3: Is it possible for both sides of a lawsuit to lose because that would honestly be so sick but right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be some kind of sad settlement. I mean the thing that like a lot of people pointed out, like we talked about how Disney like they outsmarted DeSantis and they changed all their bylaws to like lock down their like stranglehold over this area. And if they like, like legal observers are like, why don't they just go back because they did everything to the letter of the law as it appears, and just fight it on the merits rather than like counter suing with this like contract clause shit.
Speaker 2: And because they know that this is an opportunity where they're like they have public on their side, right, doesn't look creepy all of a sudden for them to be like, yeah, we want to actually have authoritarian power within this small district.
Speaker 1: Right, So I guess it's kind of win win for authoritarians. Yeah, exact matter how you painted. So it's all fucking bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I got a shout out to capitalists for making inclusion just another tool, right, Yeah, essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that mastered it.
Speaker 2: Like anybody who's worried about the singularity, like that capitalism is the singularity. It's already like it's just constantly working. It's this hive mind that is constantly working around the clock to find ways to expand its power, and no matter what you give to it, whether it be justice or injustice, it's going to find a way.
Speaker 1: Right. It's so weird too, because like the critics on the right and like people who have like observed the DeSantis camp or potential campaign and how he's setting himself up to run are like, I don't know if this is the best move because they're like while Republicans like obviously like a bit of culture war, they also know that like they don't want to live in a world where potentially the government can dictate to them how to run their business, even if it is him doing that to that side. And so some people are like, I mean, yeah, but it's the culture warship really worth it. And right now, like if you just look at the polls, Ron DeSantis is like not not doing well at all, and the culture war stuff is like polling like really low. Like if anything, it's it's it's not helping anybody. But again, this is sort of like the place that they want to make their like you know, policy battles over because it prevents any kind of substantive debate over anything. And again we remember the Republicans are just praying for a disaster right now as their as their platform going into twenty twenty four because they don't have any policies that work. They need some new fucking financial meltdown or some new pandemic or something. This is can be like, oh my god, Joe Biden did it all level for us? We hate rights, So yeah, I do worry anytime it's Republicans, Like, yeah, I've said this before, but they've been willing to put their foot on the scale and like shocking ways that cause lots of deaths with Nixon.
Speaker 2: Like prolonging the Vietnam War. But like they're also you know, every one of the billionaires who like runs the economy is at heart ultimately Republican, even if they claim to be a Democrat. Absolutely the same reason Disney here is claiming to be all about you know, LGBTQ rights, like they they ultimately the policy that they're in favor of is monopoly and you know, right wing, right wing economics.
Speaker 1: So oh LGBTQ, you mean, let's get bags tonight. Queen's model over here at Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't. I can't stand people who are socially liberal and fiscally fiscally conservative. You know. Oh yeah, I've actually I'm actually the opposite. I'm actually socially conservative and fiscally liberal. That's my new thing. I think that colleges should be free and they should be segregated, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There you go, I'm gonna just go all out with Hey, Brody, that's that's do you know what they might they might take up on that, somebody will. Yeah, they actually just put together a nominating committee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely shit. I think that private company should stop bottling public water. Yeah, and I also want a water found best stress for me and my friends.
Speaker 1: How to do that, and we need we need water founds for black people who speak Japanese specifically, you know what I mean. I'm with you on that front, the two of us. How's your Japanese going.
Speaker 3: By the way, good, It's great, It's really good.
Speaker 1: Good. I'm like, I talked to my son so much in Japanese because I got to you know what I mean, And I just thought of that. Anyway. One more thing though, to talk about Rohnda Santis Oh, just he apparently has a huge cash advantage over Donald Trump though despite him being forty six points behind. He has before he even announcing, they said he's about he's just sitting on one hundred and ten million dollars going to this campaign. Trump at the end of last year had fifty five million, although I think with his recent indictment and NFT griffs that figure is most definitely higher. But just an interesting thing to note, even though like a lot of the reportings like donors are fleeing and they don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's got a lot of cash though, that's just like a measure of what the like wishes are of the uber wealthy. Right, Like Mike Pence, I think is if if he had like over one percent polling, would probably.
Speaker 1: Mean Connor Roy leader. Yeah, exactly, less than one percent.
Speaker 2: He'd probably be the leading fundraiser because god, they love him. They's just like just an empty He's almost like a robot that we can just control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sticks. He literally will stick to the script like Ron Burgundy. Yeah. But one more thing about Ron DeSantis, because this is really something he he doesn't really talk about his time as a JAG judge advocate general or military lawyer as it pertains to his time at Guantanamo Bay, you know, the torture venue where America was trying to get to the bottom of are You al Qaeda? Yeah, So, so he's not worried about a location being completely outside of the law there just Disney. Just when it's in his state then he's got issues with it. Yeah. So apparently, as like the timelines show, Ron de Santis first pulled up to Guantanamo Bay when the prisoners were engaged in a mass like mass hunger strikes. Yeah, because you know, they were being tortured yea, and like so they sent all these military lawyers down there to try and improve the conditions. However, by the end of his run, they had the most loss of life there on record. There were three prisoners that quote died by Sue signed and I'm doing that in the SpongeBob and you can hear that we are learn't unlikely because these people were being tortured, and many other detainees were like non, these people did not, that's not how they died. And in twenty eighteen he even bragged about how he came up with the idea to force feed the prisoners that were on hunger strike, which is considered torture. Okay, and more than a few detainees recognized DeSantis and one even said that the governor was present when he was force fed, and recent at least ron DeSantis was asked about this during a trip to Israel, and his answer was very calm and not shady or weird at all, and not defensive and fuck you, what are you fucking talking about. Let's listen to him be asked a very straight up question about Hey, people say you were in Guantanamo. Care to comment on this? Just Listen to how out of sorts this guy gets when being asked about his time at Guantanamo Bay during your Did you.
Speaker 2: Were in the same incidents?
Speaker 5: No, no, not all. That's bs now totally to young who said that, how would they know me? Okay, think about that. Do you honestly believe that's credible? So this is twenty two thousand and six, I'm a junior officer. Do you honestly think that they would have remembered me from Adam? Of course not. They're just trying to get into the news because they know people like you will consume it because it fits your preordained narrative that you're trying to spend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boo, we're not gonna gets all. The part there.
Speaker 3: In front of a board that says Museum of Tolerance is really ironic. Oh, it's also ironic because Disneyland is pretty much Wantao Bay for parents. Am I right?
Speaker 1: That just got back? They were forced feeding me churros I tell you why anyway. But the thing is like, did you hear this man his line, his line of logic? Why would anyone remember me? The guy who offered them a solution to their horrible situation? And only ended up making things far worse for them and probably and most possibly the most fucked up times of their lives. Why how would they remember me at all?
Speaker 2: Also like visibly beginning sweating, like he like suddenly is sweating.
Speaker 1: He looked like Jordan Peele. Isn't that one me coming down his face?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's such a narcissist. He should be happy that they recognized.
Speaker 1: Them, little old me. They were as me. Why because I'm so stunning And that is wild though to see like how different it is, like when he's like not in Florida doing his like you know, her solar type of events, and then you go abroad and IE's like, hey man, motherfuckers recognize you from gipmo.
Speaker 2: And he's like and you're like, oh shit, no, they didn't moving on, And then like the rest of the media it just like doesn't let him move on, whereas in Florida everyone's like terrified, so they're like, yeah, fuck you many question, Oh my god, have you ever been in a traumatic situation and remembered the faces of people that were there that offered you a lifeline?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Really that's the main character in his story. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, His objection was just no, they don't like that. He didn't offer any how, I was a junior off. Okay, but do you.
Speaker 3: Think you're a Santos man? Do you don't have a guntlet of power. You can't just snap things into this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a tough trip to Israel because that was all so where like somebody asked him about his polling numbers and he just like had a real meltdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know who else had a tough trip to Israel? Mostly? I don't think. I don't know only I only the only thing I know that passover is the Ruggrass specials. So yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Should we take another break and talk about drug sniffing dogs when we get back. That sound good, That sounds good. Drugs They dogs that sniff drugs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dogs that party, dude, he man, you dog party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dogs gone wild.
Speaker 1: My dog's here to sniff some drugs. Dude.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be right back and we're back back.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we learned from super producer justin the hummer is back and they have an electric version.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The counter thing to that is the amount of it's to make the battery for that thing as well.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, you have to have like a small nuclear reactor in the car to like make it.
Speaker 1: But that bron James made that ship crab walk in the commercial Yo. But it's so we are.
Speaker 2: We are headed for a world where now we're going to have to come to terms with the fact that electric vehicles cause horrible things for the.
Speaker 1: Ro but to make the batteries, it's actually, what do you want me to do? Not drive? Maybe it's so big that like we just everyone's gonna have to live in their cars.
Speaker 3: I think that's what they're planning. I feel like people deep down know that we're headed for like mad Max, and they're like, Okay, what can I put spikes on big ass hummer?
Speaker 1: Live in this ship?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm buying fifty. Do you see the guy with the leaf blower in the umbrella.
Speaker 1: On the rolling around He used a leaf blower, yeah, to propel it, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was I was impressed by he's still using gas for that leaf blower though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just a visible trail of exhaust. That guy's rolling coal with his leaf blowers. I believe he was like sitting on a bucket too. It was pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: Mary Poppins.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about drug sniffing dogs, because a Republican state representative in Minnesota made headlines last week arguing against legalizing pot in the state for the reason that it would put too many drug sniffing dogs out of work.
Speaker 3: Like that was, are they going to earn a living? Wow?
Speaker 1: That's that's a nominee for worst take of the week. Legalize it, then the drug dogs don't have a job. What do they have a fucking college of tuition bill that they got to pay? What the fuck are you? What do they Why are we worried about dog employment right now? Yeah? Legalize If we legalize it, I'm gonna have to kill this dog. Folks gets a gun to the dog. All right, you did it. You pushed me too far. I'm gonna have to plug this thing.
Speaker 3: If a dog starts on delivering for Uber eats, then you know we're at the jobs. I'm at a job, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Let's consider that. But this wasn't like just a one off comment. It's one of his colleagues made the same exact argument back in February, and they're also right like other states have reported that legalization of pot has led to canine units being put out to pasture earlier than planned, since apparently they can't be retrained to ignore the.
Speaker 1: Smell of weed. So they're just like me.
Speaker 3: But I do yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just get get on with my life. I shifted careers. What's your excuse? Yeah, but like either regardless, putting the canine unit out to pasture is a good thing because drugs snaping dogs are fucking terrible at their job. They're terrible for the world there. They just start. When don't we start using dogs? That's a great question. They actually have their roots in US slave patrols, like every part of the US police on every is only incorporated into police departments in a major way in the nineteen fifties, specifically to attack black civil rights protesters. Oh okay, yeah, I remember that. But they'll be out of the job. But they'll be out of the job of bien.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. Dogs are racists to this day because break.
Speaker 2: They just can't move, and there they are used for like to enforce racism to this day because they they are really all dogs are very sensitive to what they're master trainer, whoever's in charge of giving them treats like wants them to do, like more so than the trainer even knows. So like, you know, people will be convinced their dog like knows how to do math or something. It's like, no, it's just reading that you really want them to pick box two.
Speaker 3: That's just like the saying hurt dogs. Hurt dog, that's right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they so they're basically used for First of all, they did a study and they the drug dogs were only found to be Like a study in Chicago found that drugs were only found in forty four percent of cases where dogs alerted police. And the reasons for this are, like the dogs, aren't it fault. It's cops reward their dogs with treats for a positive alert, right, which they then obviously will do regardless because everyone knows that dogs like treats.
Speaker 3: I think taking a bribe. Yeah, yeah, that's a police dog for sure.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's just all the stuff that like dirty cops love bribery, just manufactured reasonable cause, which is basically what this says. Okay, here we go. Boy, did this couple of brown people have drugs in the car? You want to treat yep? Okay, get out to get the fuck out the cars. Get the fu My dog suspect your drugs. You know what, I bet Brody, you or I could probably like determine if somebody has drugs at a higher per dog out a little bit just vibing them.
Speaker 3: I don't even need a treat. I don't even need a treat.
Speaker 1: I don't need a treat. Yeah, because like, guess what, the devil knows his own Oh yeah, you know what I mean, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they better not start hiring cool cops because then we're screwed.
Speaker 1: So bro yay, you watch Bleachs you fuck with anime?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Going on? You watch one punch Man. Oh yeah, he got drugs, he got drugs.
Speaker 3: I'm kill you. I'm gonna kill you if you don't. You know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another study found drug dogs right twenty seven percent of the time when the driver was Latino, so suggesting the dogs are racially profiling suspects. But again, it's the dogs are doing the bidding of.
Speaker 1: Just like our algorithms. Right, yeah, yeah, you give it racist feedback, it's gonna ingest that and end up racist on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, absolutely like that. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But weirdly, and this is gonna come as a surprise to our listeners because the Supreme Court almost always gets it right. But in this case twenty thirteen, the Supreme Court ruled that drug sniffing dogs were reliable as long as they were certified, regardless of the reputation of the certifying organization.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes sense for sure. Huh yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you could be like my jank ass school of drug dog sniffing, Like, hey, man, I know, I know a lot of people what they've said about my company and the reputation of my company that were not actually training the dogs to sniff drugs and stuff like that. But the Supreme Court case, you know, yeah, these dogs they can work.
Speaker 2: In addition to being like basically portable probable cause generators, they also cops love having drug dogs around because they evoke public sympathy and people are like, oh, it's a dog, and so they you know, they're like drug dogs that are Instagram stars and you know copagandama.
Speaker 1: All cops are bad dogs, that's right, they can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's so even if you're a dog lover, even if you follow a drug dog on Instagram for some reason. It's then it's especially important to abolish police dogs because they keep getting killed in the line of duty, and not just by like suspected criminals, but by police who just like leave them in their cruiser on hot day, which doesn't surprise me at all, Like police are not the most caring individual.
Speaker 3: Well, that's just what they tell you. What they don't know is that the police dogs were actually just going to rat on their you know, we're going to testify in court or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how they extort people and you know, yeah, we've seen this one hundred times. It's just wild that are the the use of police dogs, like especially the copaganda thing, because whenever you see it all the time, especially when I'm at the airport and they got the drug or bomb sniffing dogs in line and there's a dude in like full tac gear with like you know, guns all out and they got this little golden retriever and somehow everybody's like, Oh, I'm like, what about this motherfucker with the machine gun?
Speaker 3: That is That's why I have cats, dude. Cats will never wear a wire or work with cos No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Oh man, have you you've read the story about Operation Acoustic Kitty, where they tried to like put a listening device on a cat. I forget how exactly it ended badly, but it did not end well for the CIA. I think it was like during World War Two. But yeah, I mean, I'm now absolutely certain that somebody needs to do a gritty, realistic reboot of Turner and Hooch where the Turner is fucking crooked training. Yeah, yeah, it's training and Hooch just gonna.
Speaker 1: Drop you like to get wet smoke? Sure? Yeah, Now when we pull up on these people, you better bark, motherfucker because you're a bad dog. I will leave you in this fucking hot ewick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of power that the cops having, that the human cops have in that situation.
Speaker 1: Wow. But I just like the appeal of the lawmakers. Again, this is how this is how little of like a good argument that they have that now they're resorts, like they realize people are like man, funk, who gives a fuck about weed? Man, It's not a fucking danger to people, especially like you know, when really the emphasis needs to be on like getting the people out who have been languishing in jail for years over this ship, but that their their go to is like about the dog. Yeah for real, that's not a substantive argument. Yeah, but we teach the.
Speaker 3: Dog how to teach the dogs how to be social workers, you know what I mean, sniff the drugs, but then also give them a pamphlet to rehap you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Dogs are real, Yeah, that's they work and they're not racist. Can you make those dogs in the therapy dogs? I wonder?
Speaker 2: Probably not therapy dogs. You need to like start training very early. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: And see that's an interesting Now that's a movie about a can nine dog who loses his job and has to pivot to social work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an app both TV show green lit.
Speaker 1: During the writer's strike, they're like, I'm pretty sure we can figure the script out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well Brody, such a pleasure having you as always.
Speaker 3: On the show. Absolutely thanks for having me, y'all.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Follow you all that good stuff? You can find me on Instagram. I'm not so much on Twitter anymore. We'll see how that goes. But on Instagram I'm ao bro bro a yo dot b R dot b R oh yeah, and I have a comedy Central featured set coming out nice soon soon ish, and I'm excited about that. Yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Is there a media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: I've just been inhaling anime for sure. I'm trying to think of anything specific that.
Speaker 1: What's a good an what's you know you're.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, these days, I've just been watching kind of like old stuff again. I've been watching Dragon ball Z and Hunter Hunner again. I'm trying to think of something more interesting to tell you, guys. I've just been watching Terrist's House. I don't know, watched Terrist's House. It's a joy. They're so polite to each other. They don't even they hit on each other. They don't even kiss. It's great. I love it.
Speaker 1: And they live in fear the whole time. It's great. Really, Miles, where can people find you? Is their workimedia you've been enjoying? Oh man, find me at Miles of Gray. I'm not really active on many of these things at the moment, but yeah, check me out there for the occasional weird post of my dog. And then you know, find Jack and I on are Basketball podcast Miles and Jack and I'll be back next week. Wow. What a time? What a time to be alive? What a time to be alive? Will Jimmy Butler has figured out the time space continuum and it's just using superpowers it would appear to do to send into overtime. Yo, broke me the first he did. Yeah anyway, anyway, listen to that podcast for those kinds of takes, and also if you want to hear my takes while I'm high as fuck talking about love is Blind, then check me and Sophia Alexander out on four to twenty Day Fiance. I don't have any tweets I'm I'm liking because I haven't seen nothing, but yeah I did see. Oh I saw this video on TikTok though, of Okay, you know, I'm just gonna describe it because fuck it there. You know how like when you go to like Walmart or the grocery store and stuff, and they're selling balls, like inflatable balls, and they got like that big cage, that big bungee cord. Yeah yeah, to pull them out this this woman like dubs like this like like Mexican track over where someone's like playing slap bass and just suddenly starts like plucking those like bungeee things on the Walmart ball carrier to the song, and I'm like, okay, I like that. Yeah, a bit of imagine it. Yeah, that's good. TikTok.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian and over at Miles and Jack ont mat Boosties.
Speaker 1: By the way, I saw our first.
Speaker 2: So somebody on Twitter was like, at Miles and Jack, you guys need like the Mad Boosti's crew needs to do something about this politics story. You should do like a crossover thing about a politics story. So we have Boosty's listeners who've never hurt who don't know. I guess we gotta let people and Boosties know that we have this show as well.
Speaker 1: If you could only hear the things they've cut from Mad Boosties, you'd know we're very Oh my god, yeah yeah she was.
Speaker 2: She was saying, you guys need to do a crossover episode where you protect Ron DeSantis from Disney's overstepping. So yeah, they got our politics all wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not true.
Speaker 3: On Twitter, a thing I enjoyed just.
Speaker 1: A classic at Skatie four twenty tweeted fool me once? Why would you do that? Fool me twice? What the fuck stop it. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily zeike Geist. We're at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeitkeist.
Speaker 1: Dot com where we post our episod. So in our footnotes we're off to the information that we talked about in today's episode as well as a song, and we think you might enjoy miles even listening music listeners might enjoy you guys heard of this drake fella that we're not doing that. This track actually from Always Proper. I didn't know. So Always Proper is like this collective of like beat makers and like MC's, but they always put out shit just under this moniker Always Proper and was started by this guy Imune, who's this like Mexican American dude in Texas. And this album that I'm listening to is like it's called Always Proper laf Amelia Part one. They're like the tracks just sound like if how do I even describe this? It's like if if Earth was destroyed in the Mad Max era and then like aliens come down and they think they go to like Memphis and they find like an old fucked up three six Mafias tape and they try and like reconstruct it to hear three six Mafia. That's what it sounds like. It's just like spooky. It's spooky, and it sounds like, you know, Memphis trap, So it's Memphis trap. Anyway. This is always Proper from the album Las Familia Part one and this track is called catching Them Sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, well you can find that in the footnotes. The Daily Zaike is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the I Heart Radio ap Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what's trending and.
Speaker 1: We will talk to you all then. Bye bye