Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome listeners and watchers of the Therapy Gecko podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Lyle. You might or might not know that. It's fine.
Speaker 1: It is the fourth of July as of the day I'm recording this. I am here in Washington Square Park in New York City, one of my favorite places on the planet, and every time I come here, it's so lively, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's excruciatingly hot.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, because I sometimes feel as though temperature is a thing that can be mentally mastered, you know what I mean, Like if I believe that I am not excruciatingly hot and sweating to death right now, Like if I ignore that, you know, if I'm so engrossed in the conversation that I am having that I am forgetting about how hot I am. I think I can beat the heat. And so that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be so engrossed in these conversations today that I will not even even be thinking about the temperature, and I will prove that all physical ailments are simply of the mind, or or or they won't and I'll have a heat stroke and die. But either way, I'm gonna talk to people as a get go.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: My name is Judah.
Speaker 3: Judah.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you, mans, pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 1: Like all right, So I'm gonna give some context real quick. A lot of the times, like when I walk over here to like set this stuff up, I'll encounter people off camera and we'll have a little chit chat because there's so many interesting characters here at the spark. And so I saw you, Judah, on my way over here to set up, and you had a little table and two chairs, and I believe you had a little sign, the little sign what's what did the signs say?
Speaker 5: The sign today said what sparks your Ah, damn, I already can't remember. I think I said what sparks your imagination? What sparks of curiosity? Or like something like that. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: And so you had a sign, and I was it's like we're kindred, we're kindred spirits, as they say, both set up in the park to you know, have conversations.
Speaker 4: I mean, my sign is in green.
Speaker 3: But well, here's what.
Speaker 1: I thought was really interesting about you is I was talking to you and I was like I came up to you and I was like, hey, man, are you making content?
Speaker 3: And you were like, no, I'm just chatting with people.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh my god, you're so uh You're so much.
Speaker 3: Pure of a human being than I am.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like, uh, I feel like, you know, honest to God, swear in my life.
Speaker 3: This is something I would really enjoy doing.
Speaker 6: Even if there wasn't if there wasn't a camera a camera here, but I I like, uh.
Speaker 5: You know, I like this so many good lines and they have to be captured and they have to be shared. I mean, you know, like who else will talk about, you know, their knees exploding in chain mail? Like it's someone's got to capture that. Yeah, that's that's your role.
Speaker 3: Well that's yours. So let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: You you said you've been doing chats with people in the.
Speaker 4: Park for six years.
Speaker 5: I just set up a table, two chairs and assign different forward question each time, and people can write in this little journal if they want, But it's really about the conversation.
Speaker 4: I got inspired because there were just a lot.
Speaker 5: Of I mean, there's a lot of characters all over the world, especially in the city, especially in Washington Square Park, and I didn't want to walk up to people and be like hey and start talking to them, or stick a microphone on their face or something. So I want to create a platform. So the best I could come up with was a table and two chairs and sat down and wait to see what happened. And you know a lot of people, when given the chance to express themselves, they will and if you kind of approach them with no judgment, with an open mind and just an open ear, people will be vulnerable. People will open up, and it's a beautiful thing when they do.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, it's so interesting because, like, again, you and I we were essentially doing the same thing, but there's such a different dynamic to the fact that you just do it and you don't have a camera rolling or a microphone roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tell me about that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that if that significantly affects your conversation?
Speaker 5: So it's so interesting because like I would ask people, hey, like if there was a camera here, do you think you did answer different? It's a mix. Some people said yes, some people said no. But I actually, just recently, just the last couple of times I did it. I actually have a microphone now because it's just sitting there it's conspicuous. It's not like, you know, not a microphone like this, just a recorder. Because I had way too many conversations that were just absolute gold, and in so many ways it's like, really stuff that I don't necessarily need to share, but I definitely want to recollect on and like refer back to from my own reference. And it was just slipping through my fingers. Like I looked back at my journal from three years ago and been like, just had the most mind bending conversation about life with Lyle, and I wouldn't have know the fuck they said, I just will have no recollection of it whatsoever, Yeah, you know, And I felt like, Okay, so this is sliding through my fingers and I want to be able to potentially turn this into some art in the future. So I don't know, and probably I like writing, so probably writing base, but I just have no real recollection and I wasn't disciplined enough after each time to go and write about it or anything like that, so instead I was like, let me just start recording and then I can work with it later. I have a little disclaimer. It just says like, if you'd like not to be recorded, let me know and we'll see. So far it's been people have been just as you know, the same. But I'm sure for some people if there's a recorder there, they would be different.
Speaker 3: So how did you first get into doing this?
Speaker 4: Well, I was just it was just curious. I mean I was just sitting here. I was really high. I was like, damn, there's a lot of really cool stories around here, aren't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But again, like es suchally as a man walking up to people, they're gonna be like, what's the catch? You know, like, what's the what's in it for you? Why are you talking to me? Sure, that's New York City in a nutshell. But once you kind of make it more consensual and they come over like hey, what's this? Just like you did, you know, you'll find that people just willing to chat.
Speaker 3: Well, it's nice for I like doing the form.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big I mean sometimes I've done that, but like you know, like the running Gun Street interviewers like like I feel.
Speaker 5: Like, uh, yeah, it's nice to set up a thing. I mean, like people can come to you because you're creating a space. You're not catching people unaware. Like it's it's like right now when we're doing this like, yes, we're in the park, but this is a space. It's not just because you set up chairs a sign and everything right right, and of course you can't.
Speaker 4: Forget the get Go park.
Speaker 3: So I feel, how did you start doing this?
Speaker 5: So I just one day, I just got a table two chairs off Facebook marketplace and just sat.
Speaker 1: And there was no like, there was no impetus, there was no no like real trigger.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: I mean I think like a two years earlier, I'd seen someone set up with like a big folding table with a microphone that said tell me your secrets.
Speaker 4: And I asked him. I was like, hey, people actually tell you the secrets. He goes Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, you'll just you just hear people will just come up just build their secrets to a microphone. He goes, Man, I've heard the wildest shit. You wouldn't even know the half of it. And I think that was like I planted a seed. Sure, and then I was high and unemployed six years ago and then was like, screw it, let me try what's what's that can happen? I spent a nice day in the park, and what inspired you to dress up as a get go and put green on your face and get people to just be themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, I started doing this as like a I mainly do it as like a phone call, right thing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: But today I actually, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I actually I sat down to record the phone call version of this podcast. This episode was gonna be a phone call episode, and I got like twenty minutes in and I was like, I cannot sit in this room right now.
Speaker 3: I have to go outside.
Speaker 1: So I was like, it was basically like, right now is my version of like, you know what, it's a nice day, let's do class outside today kind of a thing.
Speaker 5: Wait, so do people just like do you say when you're going live and then people ring in?
Speaker 4: Like how does that work?
Speaker 3: I go live on Twitch and people okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But so I have a question for you. Do you do you consider yourself an open book? Do you talk a lot about your like, what was it? What was your question today? What sparks your It was?
Speaker 4: Damn it was? What what sparks? What memory sparks?
Speaker 5: Joy?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Joy? For you?
Speaker 2: Do you answer your own questions?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I really want to tell you, but I know you have a large platform, but fuck.
Speaker 4: It, I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 5: I was on a very powerful psychedelic with my friends on on a lake, a frozen lake in.
Speaker 4: February, not this past we'd a February and we were we we we we.
Speaker 5: Took we took acid and we just went outside, not really knowing it was cold, but we're like we played it for eight hours like little kids, just like a running around, you know, like your mom could just like let you out of the house and you'd just come back eight hours later and yeah you did who knows what, but you had a great time. Yeah, it was exact because like we you know, often when you're on psychodols, you kind of have like a childlike wonder and we were just playing on the lake and there was this one moment where we had this game where the lake was frozen and we would run as fast as we can without slipping, and then like slide as far as we could and we just like you could get the fur this, you know, yeah, and we're all like giggling twenty five year old kid, you know, like it was fun as hell. And at one point we just like pause and the sun was setting and it was we're in this valley and like the mountains were We're lit up this orange hue and it was like beautiful, and it it like stunned. It stunned us, like we stunned us into silence. And at that moment, as we're stunned to silence, there's this huge v formation of geese like passing over, like migrating or something, and there's like a squawk and there's this lone squawk that just echoes through this pristine valley, and I was it felt like I was in a painting.
Speaker 4: And we just look at each other. We were like, that was such.
Speaker 5: A moment that was just pure and wholesome and beautiful, and fuck, I think we've peaked.
Speaker 3: And by the way, first of all, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But first of all, the funny thing to me that I was gonna say is like when you when you were like, oh, I want to tell this story, but I don't know if I should.
Speaker 3: I was expecting something way worse than just you took it.
Speaker 4: This is acid. Yeah, honestly, it's not that big a video. This is everyone here and.
Speaker 3: This radius of us are on acid right now.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's that's really beautiful, though, that's really yeah. How many of your friends were there?
Speaker 4: It was three of my friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was the only time that group of was like, you know, different disparate friends from different groups, but it was the only time that the four of us got together. And god damn it was a good group.
Speaker 3: How long was it?
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 4: Five years five or six years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably around the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, twenty nineteen, so a long time ago, chasing that high ever since?
Speaker 1: Really you so you say that that that you peaked, right, do you believe in I you know, it's funny. I've been thinking about that concept, the concept of peaking and like, you know, having best stages of your life and you know, is youth better than being eighty or you know what I mean? Like like can you put qualitative?
Speaker 2: Can you? Can you?
Speaker 1: Can you objectively? Or I know, I guess it's not earticularly, Okay? Do you have subjective definitions of parts of your life that were better or worse than others?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 5: I got, Well, I think you know, if you're going through some big life changes or there's harm to people in your life, yeah, that can be worse for sure. But I think what you're what I think you're alluding to is the fact that you know, people look on youth and they're like, oh, it was so good to be young, And in many ways it is right, Like you're in some of the best health of your life.
Speaker 4: You can do some of the most stuff in your life.
Speaker 5: You know, you're in many cases, so you know, the most attractive you'll be in your life for you know, for some people.
Speaker 4: Subjectively, Again, I'm not saying that'scessily true.
Speaker 2: We're seeing Helen Mirren and Zaddi's bro.
Speaker 5: I mean that's like in there right now. I'm hoping to be a Zaddy myself. But actually it's interesting you clue that, the clue into deeper into that bring it back to psychedelics. As a child, everything is so new, and as you move through the world and your building this model of the world, and it's like whoa, Like everything's cool, exciting, Like even just something like going to a new place is like whoa. But as you get older and it's not. It's as you get more experience that you also get more routine. You start packing more things into your life, Like how many times do you remember brushing your teeth? No, I do exactly, You don't remember the distinct times. You've done it thousands of times, but you don't really remember it because your brain just condenses it.
Speaker 3: I can probably count how many times I've lost though.
Speaker 4: Don't we all right?
Speaker 5: You know, as a dentist always says that, right, But you know, but at the end of the day, like, yeah, it's gonna hang out with the same people, you do the same things. Your brain's gonna condense it down, right, So, and as you get older, you just get more to the same people, so your brain just shrinks time. And it's like, you know, that's why youth seems like it's so long and so exciting.
Speaker 4: But if you live your life differently. And I've spoke and.
Speaker 3: Yo, oh hey you know that you know this guy.
Speaker 4: He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 8: I got I'm at I just had six vegan hot dogs today.
Speaker 1: It's six vegan hot dogs. How much is that? Is that the equivalent of zero regular hot dogs?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah? Calorie wise like nutrient efficiency?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many calories are in six vegan hot dogs?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: They didn't tell me. They wouldn't tell me any details behind it. Who's they the guy that ran the hot dog getting contest. Oh I only had six, but the winner had ten.
Speaker 4: You weren't that far off.
Speaker 7: I know, I was so close. I could have had it. Wait but my interrupting therapy right now.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 2: But that's that's okay, okay, it's all part of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we all therapize in our own way.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, you know, is the green?
Speaker 7: Does that work as sunscreen?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm probably in some form of physical danger right now.
Speaker 7: Do you have ac under there?
Speaker 3: No? No, but a nice gust of wind just came by.
Speaker 2: That's nice, it's nice.
Speaker 8: I'm a good gus. Come on, and I love this guy too. Judah yo, Juda is the man. I don't know why he would be in there because he's so cool.
Speaker 4: And wait this but hey, everybody needs there?
Speaker 3: What this is this? Wait? How do you know this guy?
Speaker 7: You're a Canadian coin?
Speaker 3: Wait, that's a Canadian coin.
Speaker 4: Looks like it. He actually sat down to my little project.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy, Adam sat down on your What did you and Adam talk about?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: You remember the years ago?
Speaker 7: It was like two years ago. But it turns out I learned that he also went to Binghamton like me.
Speaker 4: Oh really went in college.
Speaker 8: We have different entrepreneurial ambitions and we're similar in a lot of whiz.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Wait, wait when did you When did you guys meet two years ago?
Speaker 4: We met it?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, yeah, I guess you guys are still friends, it seems.
Speaker 4: And then I saw him in the park a couple of weeks here. Yeah, hey, I know you.
Speaker 7: We were doing we were doing a giant hug. We're doing this thing called a super hug.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: I so you would be very much about this.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe what's a super hug?
Speaker 7: Basically, you put.
Speaker 8: Your left arm up, another person puts their left arm up, and then you touch hearts and they give a deep hug for at least like I think ten seconds.
Speaker 2: Like a virgin orgy kind of Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Like a safe orgy. It's like a family friendly orgy. Man like you legitimately like feel calmer afterwards.
Speaker 3: Did you have you hugged anyone today?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want to hug?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, we got a hug for the cameras.
Speaker 2: They're hugging right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at that Pride Month has extended into July.
Speaker 2: You guys are hugging a long time. You can.
Speaker 1: You can slap, but you cannot. Okay, makes sense. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna sit here while they hug that.
Speaker 4: Released the ox, that released the serotonin.
Speaker 7: Do you want to get go?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: Uh uh? Sorry, I have to finish this interview. But later, later we can do that.
Speaker 2: Good to see you too, Mane.
Speaker 5: How was that Hug released some serotonin? Yeah, that's feel squeezed.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have completely forgot what we were talking about before him, but.
Speaker 5: I oh yeah, no, don't condense your memories. Live you can live life differently. I spoke to old people who lived there.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, my best life was, My best time was in my sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that I've had.
Speaker 1: I remember coming out here to do this podcast and I talked to some guy who was like fifty eight, and he's like, oh, life's the best it's ever been.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think it's it's it's bullshit of the youth, that youth has to be the best.
Speaker 4: Like I think our society tells us that, our media tells us that.
Speaker 5: But honestly, no, he's I think your best times are it's in it's here it's how you react to things that happen in your life. Not your life will always be happening. Questions are you gonna how you gonna react to it?
Speaker 1: My dad is sixty six years old, and I was I was talking to him on the phone like last week, and he was like, you know, I've noticed that the less years I have left on this earth, the less anxiety I have. And I and I it's true, I think he's like he like, you know, it's fine. I'm twenty seven and I'm like always I'm like having like weird excidental crisis about death and whatnot. But it's like you see, like those dudes in their seventies just it's like just chilling. They don't even yeah they're not they're and they actually they you know, they could die any fucking day.
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, it's one of.
Speaker 5: Those things that like, you know, when you have the prospect of it being taken away, then I feel like you can also value it more. Like you get a cold and you're like, fuck, I just want to breathe again through my nostrils, right, But then once you can, you totally forget all about that.
Speaker 3: So Judoh, what's your what's next for you in life?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 2: Your ultimate dream goal?
Speaker 4: What not ultimate dream goal? I want to live a day without time?
Speaker 3: You want to live a day without time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You mean like oday where you don't check your.
Speaker 5: Like I just do never know what I wake up and I go to sleep without ever once knowing what time it was.
Speaker 3: What's skipping you from doing that.
Speaker 4: Myself? Honestly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean do you have any meetings? Do you have the meetings? Meetings? I just got laid off, so you know, let's I got no meetings.
Speaker 2: What were you?
Speaker 5: What did you get laid off from some technol tech bros?
Speaker 4: It like an AI web three AI AI thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm gonna look for my next AI thing to hopefully not make a part of my personality at all.
Speaker 3: So you but you were working in AI? Yeah, something like that, so as you know.
Speaker 1: But I have a curious about your perspective as somebody who both values genuine human connection and has worked in AI. Do you think that, uh, do you think AI is coming for genuine human connection or do you think will be Okay?
Speaker 5: I think a lot of the same people who are relying on technology now for connection and it's not doing the same thing, arguably the same people who rely on AI for connection, and we'll be doing the same thing, but we're there.
Speaker 4: Will be easier. I do I do worry. I do worry.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a lot a lot of kids now we're using it as therapists. I and it's not even bad. Have you tried using AI for therapy?
Speaker 3: I use AA for therapy all the time.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, it's pretty good in it. Yeah, it's got it's he's got some pretty objective, well well grounded.
Speaker 3: I genuinely do I like AI for therapy. It's just you have to.
Speaker 1: I think when people try to make it like it's not a friend, it's not your friend.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it's not you don't, it doesn't love you people.
Speaker 5: But people do re lean on it as such, and I think there will be people who do. But there's also gonn be a generation of kids who look at this and be like fuck that counterculture, and they'll be anti I. They'll be anti tech, they'll have flip phones and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they re do.
Speaker 4: They were doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was talking to someone.
Speaker 1: I went to this like film festival at a dive bar, like a few weeks ago, and I was talking to this guy who's like in a band, and he was he was like in his thirties, and he was like talking about like, you know, being at this Like I was asking him, like what the punk scene is like now, and it's like there's still like you know, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old kids who are like goss, you know what I mean, there's still there, Like yeah, and it's twenty twenty five. They never look kind of crazy because it's like back at that, like people were doing that ship in.
Speaker 3: Like the eighties, and it's still they're on it.
Speaker 5: They're still under there's still underground raves. There's still you know, there's they like the kids will be all right, right. I think they'll be fucked up in their own way, as we were fucked up in our own way, as our parents are fucked up in their own way, but like they'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Do you feel do you feel sorry?
Speaker 1: I'm checking my ship to make sure you do you feel fucked up in any ways?
Speaker 4: Ooh, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think one of the reasons why I sit in the park and talk to strangers is because I have like a deep need I want to be liked by I want to I want to leave a positive impression with everybody I meet, not necessarily be liked, but at least leave a positive impression.
Speaker 1: I have that ex I have that exact same design, and like, I want to leave a positive impression. And I and I've had like times where because I sometimes people well both like in like my personal life and in my gecko life, like I I try to I want people to come away having a positive experience.
Speaker 6: For me, I fully submitted myself to the fact that it's just never gonna be a hundred You're never gonna be one hundred percent success.
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 5: What do you think of the differences in yourself between your real life and your get go life.
Speaker 3: Well, Gecko life is like.
Speaker 1: Like I'll tell I've told I've told the story on this podcast once, but I'll tell it to you. I'll tell it again. Is so I do like live shows where I dress up as the gecko, and and after after my shows, I do like a little like it's I do.
Speaker 3: It's like a free meet and green.
Speaker 1: I don't make people pay like a ticket price for it, and like I just stand around and I meet everyone after the shows. And I did a show in Austin, Texas once, and I said, there was like a hundred people in a line. I sat there for like said, there for like an hour and a half, like meeting everyone, like, and I was it was very important to me that, like, you know, in those interactions, like I want people to come away feeling good. And I was like thinking about that and I was, you know whatever, and I do it. And like there was like a security guard at the venue and he was like, I've never seen anyone who played this venue stay after the show and do that.
Speaker 3: And that made me feel so good. And then Judah, Yes.
Speaker 1: The next morning, I go, I'm this is just me being like mentally ill. I go, I checked my own subreddit, which is a thing you only do if you're mentally ill. And I looked and like, there's a post on my subreddit being like I am no longer a fan of Lyle. And it was like I was at Lyle's Austin show last night and I went to his meet and greet and I told him I was high, and he gave me a weird look and I told him and I also told him it was my birthday, and he for him.
Speaker 3: He did not even say happy birthday.
Speaker 1: And I was like, she was like, I got I bought merch and I'm trying to sell it if anyone wants to buy it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, come on, man, and you know, it's.
Speaker 4: The dangers of a parasocial relationship.
Speaker 1: I've told the story on the podcast for but whatever. Like it's fine. I told so. I told that story on the podcast and then I got a comment on on my podcast from her and she wrote something like she wrote like l O L sorry I was being a bitch or something, and I wrote back, I was like, oh, it's totally cool man, happy late birthday, which was kind of nice because in life you never ever, ever, ever ever get closure like that.
Speaker 4: It's nice that even from a little interaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have I have.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that where I'm like, uh, you know, or like, I don't know, you ever walk away from a conversation being like, oh man, I think I was pretty annoying in that conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was quite.
Speaker 5: Quite a few times. Yeah, it's an ever improving uh discipline in art to try to I think if you're not looking back and cringing, then you're not growing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree, you know, I agree. I'm still a firm believer in that.
Speaker 5: I feel like, you know, you you should probably try to keep the cringing less hard, but still keep cringing.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you don want to beat yourself on Yeah, exactly. You want to have the I this is one of the things I feel like I talk about a lot. It's like there's an optimal level of conscientiousness to have, Like like some people are so conscientious and don't want to offend people so much and they don't want to cause any amount of ruckus, so they never take any chances or ever do anything ever, Okay. And then there's some people who are not consciousness at all, conscientious at all, and they just like fucking full send it all the time every day, which of course lends people in trouble as well. So you want to have the right I feel like you want to have the right amount of conscientiousness, skewing towards having less conscientiousness.
Speaker 4: I you know what I think, I think I agree with that. It's an Aristotle's golden Yeah.
Speaker 6: Aristotle's gold to me, of course, of course, is that is that did he come up.
Speaker 5: With that well, he basically just said out with all types of qualities, like you know, between courage and cowardice, Like you know, if you're too courageous, you'll get yourself.
Speaker 4: Killed in combat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're too you know, a coward you'll never stand up for anything, and there's something in between.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you an example. Your friend Adam. Yeah, seems like a nice guy. I really did not want to hug him.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, but he he is the kind of person who will want to hug everybody.
Speaker 1: But but but in my head, I was like, oh, man, I guess, I guess in my head, I was like, I feel like kind of a jerk.
Speaker 4: I should have set up and be like, oh, got the keup on you.
Speaker 1: You know, no, it's not a big deal at all. But I was like, oh fuck, I'm being kind of it. But also it's like you have to you have to have the right amount of like ah whatever, just fucking hug the guy versus.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, I don't I'm gonna not.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah no he yeah yeah. He Also I'll just he is a club promoter, was a club promoter.
Speaker 3: It seems like a nice gentleman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's That's the the other thing I really know about him. To be honest, I don't remember anything else.
Speaker 3: People ask me this question all the time. I truly never know how to answer it.
Speaker 1: But what's the most memorable conversation you've had?
Speaker 4: M I mean, do you want me to get dark?
Speaker 2: Deep?
Speaker 4: Funny?
Speaker 3: I mean, let's do a dark one and a funny one.
Speaker 4: Dark one. I spoke to someone who he comes up to me.
Speaker 5: His skin's all yellow, not in a racist sense, like his jaundice, and he just goes, I got three months left to live. What advice would you give me? And I'm a twenty five year old kid. I was like, fuck, I don't remember what I said to him, but I remember he cried and we hugged, so I think it made a difference to him.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I try to be as upbeat and positive as I could, but man, I mean that was a hard one. I mean, because all this stuff about it's gonna be all right and all that stuff. Young, he's like probably in a six.
Speaker 2: These you know, did you keep in touch with them at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, And he just walked away. And I mean, I think a lot of the beauty of the conversations is when they just kind of, you know, they don't keep going, you know, and it's just kind of that's the interaction of itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's where you're like, did I hallucinate that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, so that was that was a heavy hitting one.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, I don't know more in a more lighter sense.
Speaker 1: I guess, well before we move on, Yeah, I'm curious, Uh, how long did you talk to this guy for?
Speaker 5: It's hard to remember. I mean this is years ago, probably like half an hour or so. I mean most of my conversations go like thirty minutes to an hour.
Speaker 1: Yes, cry it together. Do you remember, Like what do you remember, like what it set? What was the point where you started tearing up? Or was it just kind of like a graduat.
Speaker 5: I think it's when we were trying to focus on what he had, what he had lived, and like examining the people who have been there for him and like taking gratitude for all that. Yeah, And we discussed how it's so difficult often to talk to the people who you love and tell them the things that you love about them. Like for some reason, people get really awkward when they start saying what they love about you and but like it's way easier to be critical and like because when someone makes you feel bad and to be like, well it's how you'd X Y and Z. But like, you know, we choke up and it's harder to get that out. I think we're talking about how he's like, yeah, I haven't said that enough to the people I love in my life. I need to go back. I need to tell X, Y and Z this and.
Speaker 2: Who do they have to tell?
Speaker 4: And then you had a daughter. I believe you had a daughter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and uh who he was like just getting back in touch with once he got his terminal illness. Yeah, sh it's not not not light, but it was it's real, you know, and it's it's real and it's happening around us all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: You know it freaks me out a little bit. Is that death is not like an event at the end of your life. It happens every second. Interests think about death is a thing that happens every day, Yeah, you know, every moment once.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I get essential about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think it's well, there's two ways you could take that. You could be like, dead is happening around you to all the people around you. Eventually it hits you, right or you are dying every moment and you will never get the past to you back, and all you can do is move forward, which gets really inspirational.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's how I that's that's how I think about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not a it's not I think it's a I think that that is. I was talking about the conscientiousness spectrum. I think that's an overly conscientious way to live, Okay, you know, I think I think that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you should.
Speaker 1: You should think about the fact that you're gonna die, because it puts a little bit of pressure on you to like do certain things.
Speaker 3: If you think about too much, you can see if you can't.
Speaker 5: Actually live every day like it's your last, otherwise you will not have a saving exactly.
Speaker 3: So exactly. Too much consciousness is bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be you want to again, there's optimal amounts of consciousness.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the what's what's the funny one?
Speaker 4: Funny?
Speaker 5: Okay, funny is a hard one. Oh, there was a guy. There was a guy who spoke to me who all on.
Speaker 2: Sorry and keep talking, checking to make sure to speak to myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was there was this guy who he sat down and he just does this and he's like, hey, h what are you What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm just talking to people.
Speaker 5: And then he does this and he just like falls over, like falls over in the chair, like like spends like twenty seconds studying it. And I'm like Jesus christ Man, like are you okay? Yeah, he's a clown. He guy's a professional.
Speaker 3: Oh he's a clown.
Speaker 11: A professional.
Speaker 3: He's like he's a fucking asshole. That's such a dick thing.
Speaker 6: Well, he would have someone to me if someone came If someone came up and was like hey can I sit there and then just started like destroying my setup, I'd be like fuck you.
Speaker 4: In his defense, he was just moving the chair around.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: He was good. He was He wasn't like knocking over the sign or anything like that.
Speaker 5: But then he would like put down his his thing and like it would like knock over. He's like the dude was like so clumsy, clumsy in like a clean way. I was like I respected it. And he was also a comedian he was also I feel he was also fucking hilarious, So that was just but the guy was just like having me in stitches the whole time, and he was just like you know you, I mean, you were one of these people, but you meet someone you're like, oh, you're a character. Sure, yeah, and he was like a true character in the in in the purest sense, and like, yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Forgot his name already, but yeah he was. He was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe he wasn't I you know, I think, yeah, I don't know. I think I think the part of me that wants to like if someone came up and did that was like destroying my stuff. I think I would have u you know, there's like two wolves or whatever, and I would and I would definitely have one of the wolves.
Speaker 2: In my mind.
Speaker 1: Uh, and then the other wolf would be like, it is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: It was pretty funny to do that.
Speaker 4: It was you had to see it, you know.
Speaker 5: It's a very clowning is a very uh gotta see to believe it kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Judah, Yeah, it's just so cool. It's just so awesome that you've been doing this for I appreciate what.
Speaker 2: You do too.
Speaker 5: I've been following your your stuff for a while and honestly, it's it's remarkable what you get people to open up about.
Speaker 4: And then what the the the.
Speaker 5: Range of the human condition that you capture is I think one that anthropologists in the future will have a wonderful time going through.
Speaker 1: But you know what's funny is I feel like, I mean you've been well, yeah, you mean you've been doing this longer than I have. I I can't imagine I've I've covered many topics that you have not already.
Speaker 5: From different angles, sure, yeah, from different angles. But yeah, it's it's just, uh, the same book translated in two different ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I find that one very green.
Speaker 4: And you know, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: I find that a lot of.
Speaker 1: Humanity struggles and joys are quite common. Like you know, is thoughts aren't particularly unique, nor a situations are.
Speaker 4: This, And tell me if you agree with this.
Speaker 5: I feel like these kinds of things makes you believe in the power of cliches. Yeah, like you know what I'm saying, because like, you know, I read that line recently. It really stuck out, and I'm like, oh, because you can say, never judge a book by its cover, you know, like you never know. I always treat everybody with kindness like you treat yourself.
Speaker 4: And it's true, it's true, but.
Speaker 5: It's you don't really internalize that lesson until you put yourself in these kind of situations and expose yourself to people's actual, more deeper and more nuanced situations and stories that it starts to really internalize. And then that's how it actually translates into action, because just hearing it does not translate into action. And that's partially what this is an exercise of, is repeatedly making sure that I don't jump to conclusions, that I don't create a space of judgment and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: So that's the Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's gonna be. That's gonna be.
Speaker 1: My takeaway from our conversation is, don't judge, don't jump to conclusions, don't judge a get go by its skin, beautiful juda else you want to say to the computer before people in the computer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh is also a cliche.
Speaker 5: But and I don't know who needs to hear this right now, but you are enough and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh I don't I I feel like I always wonder about that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh shit, my parting message has a quick.
Speaker 3: Why your parting message?
Speaker 1: I feel like I just had a conversation on the show about this, but I don't know, if I don't know, if.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear no, no, you can't, you can't say that. And then well I have two wolves. Okay, okay, what's one wolf?
Speaker 3: Well, one wolf? I think one wolve is is.
Speaker 1: Very capitalists in the sense of like, no, you must produce value of some kind or push yourself through your extra through your extrinsic.
Speaker 4: Extra is that extrame is extrinsic extrinsic actions.
Speaker 1: And then the other part is more like, uh, purely just exist.
Speaker 3: Thing is fine.
Speaker 1: Outside of myself, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: So you apply for yourself personally, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know, I think about myself personally, think about like.
Speaker 5: But you use that wolf to drive you, like to drive you like like like on a larger scale, I believe.
Speaker 1: I do believe like everyone is enough like as they are, Like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think you should have to change what about what about this message?
Speaker 3: All right, well, your message could be whatever it is.
Speaker 5: You know, still a little little asterisk there. You are enough unless you're not producing anything. For the American economy, in which case you can go fuck yourself, just.
Speaker 4: Like the big beautiful Bill told you to go fuck yourself too. That's a good as.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, okay, you know, no, like okay on my and my personal level, right. What what bothers me about the you are enough thing is like I have been at times deeply unhappy. And when you're deeply unhappy and somebody tells you, hey, man, you're enough, you want to kill them because you're like, if I were enough, I wouldn't be so unhappy, like.
Speaker 4: When you're depressing, like it's gonna be okay, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, Well, well that not even that be like like like if you're like miss if you're like miserable or you're do you don't feel good? Do you have you feel a yearn or you feel depressed, and people go, you're doing fine as you are, It's like no, I'm I'm If I were enough, I wouldn't be struggling, you know, And so that's I think, Uh, that's part of the reason. I but it's so you know, it's uh, it's a weird Uh. I don't know how you would refer to it, but it's it's it's paradoxical in that sense because also the struggle might be you know, there's two I feel like there's two ways to uh be happy, which is and again it's a it's a spectrum.
Speaker 3: It's uh the uh.
Speaker 1: You can either get everything that you want and be satisfied or not want anything.
Speaker 3: And I think somewhere, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you'll get everything you want and you're never gonna get it. I think even if you get everything you want, you won't be satisfied.
Speaker 5: So actually that's where Buddhism comes in, right, just release yourself from all wants and you're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's a boring that's a that's a boring life, releasing yourself from all wants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean life, life is fun when you when you chase desires.
Speaker 1: For sure, I think, well, I lie somewhere in the middle, because you're never gonna I lie somewhere the middle.
Speaker 3: Because if you are the Buddha and you're sitting under.
Speaker 5: Baby, golden mean golden mean if Yeah, it's the because like if you're if you're the Buddha and you're sitting under a tree, you never want anything and then you die.
Speaker 1: It's like you sat under a fucking tree your whole life. That was that was stupid. Why'd you do that? But then if you if you're like I must have one. But then if you're like, you know whatever, you're elon musk and you're like I need to have three hundred billion dollars and I'm insane, and you like your wants are completely unchecked and out of control, then you also missed the point.
Speaker 2: So you want to you want to again, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so okay, you are enough, but you're also gonna grow.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: You're enough as you are, but you shall be more.
Speaker 4: There shall be there shall be more, you know. I like that. Yeah, you are enough, but there shall be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I like that. We gonna end on that, all right, Jude, very nice to me. I followed the can you want to shout out your thing?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, it's not for that, Okay, cool, It's only for people who sit down and speak.
Speaker 2: Dude, your rock man. Uh, that's so awesome.
Speaker 6: I have a deep I have a deep respect for you, but I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I try to keep it, keep it intimate, keep the engagement with the people who actually have a stake in it, and not passively you know, found it or something like that. You know.
Speaker 3: So very beautiful, very beautiful.
Speaker 4: All right, bro, keep this up.
Speaker 5: I love what you're doing and can't wait to see what absurdy you have.
Speaker 4: You edit this into.
Speaker 1: Jud I'll I'm sure if you're here often, I'm sure I'll see you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Man, I gotta say, I'm I'm very inspired by by that conversation. You know, I feel like, oh, what's up? Oh yeah, he left his back back. I'm very inspired by that conversation.
Speaker 3: Uh you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh someone took a photo. Oh let me see this photo. Oh oh here, Oh that's such.
Speaker 6: A great photo. Oh that's such a great photo. Oh I really like that.
Speaker 1: Wait here, hold on here, you know what I have your Instagram. I'll send you all right you want if you can take a picture of it right now, and I'll also send you a picture I'll for the folks watching this on video, I'll post the Yeah, check that out. Wow that's a beautiful polar And I love that. That's really nice. That was a beautiful conversation. I always love meeting another kindred spirit of talking to strangers at the park. I like that he doesn't record it, you know, I feel like I like recording this.
Speaker 3: But I do feel like if you know, in if in how old am I twenty some?
Speaker 1: If I if I'm like fifty five and the Internet has been destroyed, I will continue to try to find ways to do fun shit like this.
Speaker 3: So who knows? Do you want to talk? What's your what's your name?
Speaker 2: Sir? I'm I guess, I guess shure, I'm guess. I guess. Yeah. I was just gonna give you a fistbut the way I greet people.
Speaker 3: So what is what is this pamphlet? It says affinity groups.
Speaker 10: It was in my hand when I wasn't paying attention and I had a hamster on it. It's Full Extinction Rebellion, which is a climate activist group that's extremely individual led. It's not really much of an organization. It's like a collective of lots of individuals.
Speaker 3: And are you one of these individuals in this collective?
Speaker 2: I mean vaguely, yeah, very vaguely.
Speaker 10: I think, like what a Thunberg is like the most famous of the individuals.
Speaker 1: So Greta Thunberg is in the extinction rebellion rebellion. Yeah, so tell me what is extinsion? Extinction rebellion.
Speaker 10: It is sort of just like a citizen led movement to try to push environmentalism very very hard in a sort of pressing way, and also to work outside of governmental structures which are generally not going to be supportive.
Speaker 1: Interesting, how does like, how does working outside of how does one work outside of governmental structures?
Speaker 10: A lot of it seems to involve bothering people and getting arrested?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: When it was the last When was the last time you bothered somebody and got arrested?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, uh twenty twenty you do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was just like I think that was something everyone was doing back back in the day, like doing Black Lives Matter Corona times. It was just the thing to do bother someone ghetto rested, you know, and like the clubs aren't open, so you gotta do something.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sure, how long have you been?
Speaker 1: How long have you identified as an extinction rebellionist?
Speaker 2: Probably like only a month? Is it? Due you?
Speaker 10: I always see them at protests and I've like seen them online and stuff doing stuff, But it's like very easy to get into. You basically just like start going to groups, to the meetings, or you just like find some people and like sort of sign up.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: How did uh? Okay?
Speaker 1: So you've only been here for you've only considered yourself an extinction. Rebellion, rebel, rebel. I don't know why I I thought. I thought I had to add something to rebellion. It is part of it, yeah, rebel.
Speaker 2: One of these days I got to figure out like all.
Speaker 10: The pres and suffixes and various etymologies of the English language.
Speaker 2: So I can just make up whatever the words I want. But you can make up whatever words you want right now. You can't.
Speaker 7: Can't.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 10: You can't because they have their own rules. Like someone tried to pluralize moosse the other day.
Speaker 3: You just, what do you mean there's rules?
Speaker 6: You you just handed me a pamphlet about rebelling against the government. There's no you're I would assume that you're the most anti rule guy.
Speaker 3: What do you mean there's rules? What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: I guess there's there's organizational structures which we have control over instead of having control over us. Yes, so they are anarchistic organizational structures to our language.
Speaker 1: How is an I think if you're an anarchist, you should have intentionally horrible grammar.
Speaker 10: No, that's not I mean that can be what anarky is about to you.
Speaker 2: But that's not what it's supposed to be about.
Speaker 1: But how can anarchy be supposed But this isn't the whole point of anarchy that nothing is supposed to be about anything when we create a own realities.
Speaker 2: No, that's like nihilism.
Speaker 10: Anarchy is like a very complex and well thought out political movement that was buried after the eighteen ninety anti Anarchist rebellion because anarchists were assassinating political leaders like McKinley and the z Are of Russia.
Speaker 1: Wait, so uh, and the the assassination of political leaders was what led to the downfall of anarchy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because literally every world leader in the world got together in eighteen nine day and so have decided to make anarkizzy the one political philosophy they would never ever tolerate, and they sort of made it into like a swear world.
Speaker 1: But does an anarchy in But doesn't anarchy intentionally? Doesn't anarchy imply violence in some way?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: Anarchies are very I mean, obviously there was some violence involved, taking out political leaders like Eugie Mannio in it, right, Yeah, it was like yeah, but in general it's a very anti war, anti oppression, anti state violence, fro woman pro environmentalist movement. You see, Like the closest thing the anarchy function today is in Rojava and Northeast Syria. Yeah, it's called democratic and federalism, and it's like very tied to women's rights and to uh environmentalism. They're like a very strong anti Isis force in that region, and that enabled them to create like a sort of pan ethnic group out of an original sort of Kodish struggle based group. They're like, they're the only country in the world where the government legally has to be half women. Whoa yeah, Assyria in Northeast Syria. Yeah, in Rojava, it's really an important place. They don't talk about it a lot here because he would like to think that Muslim people are misogynistic and that they don't want peace or democracy. But when you leave them to their own devices, you get the full political spectrum like everyone else, but you also get I think predominantly progressive people.
Speaker 1: Oh right, so let me all right, so what is your name again. Oh guess Arcuss? Who are you Arcus? Okay, I feel like August Arcus.
Speaker 10: Well that's that's who I am. Okay O guess Arcus. I guess no, it just Oucus. It just sounds like a guest when I say.
Speaker 6: Okay, Arcus, Arcus, Arcus Arcus, Well, okay, listen, Arcus.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about this.
Speaker 1: We've talked, We've spent a little bit of time talking about your beliefs and what you stand for. But what's the biography? Who are you? What are you doing? In New York?
Speaker 10: I teach wilderness skills and I feel like no one teaches it. H could to Cidy right, so fabits well maybe needed most.
Speaker 3: Whoa who do you teach wilderness skills to?
Speaker 10: Whoever wants to learn? I have an Instagram. It's my name and then my last name. The ttis spell. Your first name is also hard. Ye're hard to pronounce too?
Speaker 3: How do you spell?
Speaker 12: Name?
Speaker 10: Was Ao c U s Ao b O r I and yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: How did you get into doing a wilderness survival?
Speaker 10: I started when I was fifth When I was thirteen, Yeah, and I just took like a program simil of the ones that I teach now and it got me like in the door, and then I just really delved into it and aside it was what I wanted to do. Cool full of I'm still of like an anarcho primitivest, which is like a subsection of anarchy. It's deeply tied the idea that agriculture and civilization actually created and enforced the systems that we don't like, like dominance. Hierarchy is an authoritarianism, misogyny, bigotry, anti homophobia.
Speaker 1: I can ass you something like because I feel like I'm I feel like both on an individual level and on a societal level, humanity is a fight between our biological natural instincts.
Speaker 3: And our higher, more beautiful human.
Speaker 2: Aft and I one hundred percent false.
Speaker 1: And I think that uh, society in the individual is the attempt of reconciliation between higher human principles in conflict with.
Speaker 3: More our basic primitive.
Speaker 10: Yeah, one hundred percent false. That concept came from foud. It was deeply, deeply racist and anti indigenous and Victorian are instinctive set of moality was designed to help us survive in the wilderness. Everything we think of as good and moral is actually an evolution is it? It reinforced by evolution right, Because to have healthy relationships in a beautiful community is to be able to survive in the forest, yes, which it is hard to do individually. To have healthy gender relationships is to be able to split work between two genders. Uh, and to allow you know, allowing for filled genders and not havingnorativity. Sure, everything I think intrinsic to us that makes this beautiful and human is very animalistic and natural and what what?
Speaker 1: But are we but we we have something though as human beings we have something new that's like like we got something that the squirrels don't. We have some higher consciousness that we're reconciling with in some way that creates broader spectrums of good and evil and whatnot.
Speaker 9: We have.
Speaker 10: A conscious mind is more part of our experience. But we have the same elements to our being as are though animals, especially like schools. Schools make complex decisions. Schools think months in advance.
Speaker 2: They do they are they really? Yeah? They?
Speaker 10: I mean why do they think they bury acorns? They know that those acorns are toxic to eat in the fall because they have too many tannins. If they bury them underground, the snow melt will wash the tans out and though something eat in the spring when there's not a lot of food.
Speaker 2: Otherwise they would just eat all. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I listen, listen, I feel like I mean like dog like hamsters. Right, you got a hamster on this pamphlet, like I do. I don't know if hamsters are thinking about you know, hamsters aren't like Ah, maybe in a year or two I'll go back to grad school, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: Well, hamster's only live with like five years old, so they don't have to think that far ahead. That's true. Animals that live a long time think further ahead. Animals that have human life lifestyles often of human like types of intelligence, which we've value more and we value the skills they have more, but they're not inherently superior to the skills all.
Speaker 2: The animals have. We just remind us of ourselves more.
Speaker 10: And that ties deeply into castism and racism and capitalism, because if you are an engineer, you're living a type of lifestyle.
Speaker 2: It's very different than a duck.
Speaker 10: If you're a farmer or a hunter gatherer, your lifestyle is not actually that different than a duck. No, so it's easy for someone to say, oh, you're more like an animal, so you're worst than med your skills don't.
Speaker 3: Know, No, no, no, no, no no, no, it's well, I'm hold on.
Speaker 1: Well, the idea of like humans are a combination of our like higher humanness and our animalness is is not. There's no quality. I don't put any qualitative judgments in it. Yeah, I'm just like, I just feel like that that is one of our central conflicts as conscious beings.
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like when you focused, when you don't unite your logic and your knowledge with your emotions and intuition and connection to nature and your uality, Yeah, then it makes it easier for you to fall astray because our mind's be able to conceive of falsehoods to an intensity and to a degree that although animals might not really do as much.
Speaker 1: What have you ever, like in your personal life, found yourself slipped away into any falsehoods?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I mean it's pretty easy as a human to loan and misinformation and not question that.
Speaker 3: It's illogical. What was the last falsehood that you slipped into?
Speaker 2: God, I can't, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I only know the ones I slipped out of the ones I'm frobably slipping into new ones all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you feel how sure are you that you don't live within some sort of falsehood right now?
Speaker 2: I'm fairly sure.
Speaker 10: I have a pretty decent idea of how the world works. But I'm sure there's something I believe that's incorrect.
Speaker 1: How do you feel like you gained a decent idea of how the world works?
Speaker 3: Is that even possible?
Speaker 2: I think so. I like a very rough in general.
Speaker 3: Why sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a question for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 2: Why don't you never lick your eyeballs?
Speaker 4: Try?
Speaker 3: I don't like my yo.
Speaker 1: There's been times I've had like like I had an ex girlfriend who licked my eye on one.
Speaker 3: I actually really liked it.
Speaker 2: Ex school friend not couldn't go.
Speaker 3: It didn't work out.
Speaker 2: But when she licked it or not, well yeah, current.
Speaker 1: When she liked it? No, yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying. Yeah, no, I didn't. I wasn't like, hey, I know we haven't talked in a while, but if you could you come lick my eyeball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, no, it was old time to say yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Sometimes when you don't get something out of the way into relationship, you need to try it afterwards.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like I feel like once you guys break up, eyeball licking is off the table.
Speaker 3: How's your dating life? Are you seeing anyone?
Speaker 2: Are you hopefully at some point? Okay?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm like a relationship. I'm a wife guy, smiling wife guy, firing wife guy. Yeah, aspiring stay at home dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you, like, have you gone on any dates lately? Have you met anyone?
Speaker 4: Not? Look?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well I usually only gave people, I know, because I feel like your gool friend can finally be you blow and also your roommate and then like totially the post and you fuck.
Speaker 2: Who is a butte that you like?
Speaker 1: I I will say, I actually think dating people, you know, it's a double edged sort because I think, like like dating apps and whatnot, they've allowed you to extend outside your network to go on dates, so that like, you know, because like I don't know, Let's say you have like a coworker or a friend, or like somebody who's like already in your life. You express romantic interest in them, and it's not, uh, it's not it doesn't pan out. It's like it's it's like now a part of your existing life has been corroded in some way, shape or form. But dating apps is like, oh, if this doesn't work out, it's great because we have two completely separate.
Speaker 2: Lives, disposable individuals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, it also was the double edged sword of it does make human it does. It does by nature make the process of people more more disposable.
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 10: Feel like if you're not in a place where you can have a mature relationship with you flanned that involves an attempt at romance that doesn't work. You might also not be in a place so you can have a mature romance with anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's about maturity. I don't know if I don't know if that's about maturity. I think it's about just like emotional, It's about like general emotion, you know. I think you can be like two mature people who are like, we cannot be around each other every single day because it will cause too much pain. I think I don't think that's necessarily I mature.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But then I feel like that's a little I feel like if you had that deep into the situation where you're like you want to be to gather and somehow can't and it's just like dreadful. Then I'm not sure that a dating app is gonna change that aspect of because then you just get I don't know, that's a niche, A niche, an unpleasant situation. I hope not to enter.
Speaker 3: What's your ultimate goal in life?
Speaker 10: I just want someone to lick my fucking eyeballs? Man, I want I want eyeballs to lick rick?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 3: I don't think you can lick your own eyeball? Is that possible?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: I hope, y bro, you heard the star of that guy who got his ribs removed so he could lick his own eyeball. Well actually, wait, well, okay, you know what's crazy is if you can get your ribs removed to make it so that you can suck your own dick. I wonder if there's like certain cheek bones that you could get removed so you could lick your own eyeball.
Speaker 2: I guess you could remove the eyeball itself that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, and then like like pop it out like Shakespeare's style with the skull, and then like liqu put it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be kind of cool.
Speaker 10: I don't think that guy did that. That was like a rock star. There's no fucking way that guy did that.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something I'm curious based on your social and political ideologies, are you an optimist or a pessimist?
Speaker 2: A big optimist?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wonderful even in because people are you know, people are scared. Man with big beautiful Bill and AI and life and people, people are scared.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Are you optimistic? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's like a poo abble.
Speaker 10: I think like the more you learn, the more depressed and tail you are the world is. And then at some point you just starts like going back again and you end up happy again. Yeah, you're like a happy like old wise monk, yeah, instead of like a depressed teenager.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we gotta take back.
Speaker 10: We gotta make woke this fun We gotta make we gotta make woke this funny. Like there's this great quote I heard by a guy talking about Confederate statues, like we gotta make some anti racist statues, and we've gotta beat it with volume, just like holds of anti racist statues all over the South.
Speaker 3: What would your anti racist statue be?
Speaker 10: I mean, I feel like my version of that would be like actually funny and good to be around woke people, okay, like cause I think humor is mostly based around like referencing people have heard before being really inappropriate and sexual and a little bit offensive and being charismatic and just so sounding and looking funny. And there's no reason that a super woke, non problematic person can't be great at that, And I actually think they should be better at it, because if you're making fun of something that's wrong, that's also like inherently a lot because it's just sort of like based and dumb is like an absurdity to it that you're making fun of, and that's super humorous. Like we have sticks up of assis and we don't ever say anything funny, so no one likes us. But if we just like went off on like the misogynists in the Oasis and talk about how fucking stupid they were and how they were just like dumb idiots, and like we're funny and interesting about it, I think people would drive with it super hard.
Speaker 3: Do you have comedians that you like?
Speaker 2: I like a guy named Richard Acasta.
Speaker 1: I think I know it. He's a James a Caster. It's a different guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Wait, maybe it is James Acasta. He's like a British guy with wet hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you do you like George Carlin?
Speaker 10: I like George Colin too. Yeah, he's pretty good. Richard Aycaster is good because he's like kind of funny looking and he gets real mad and like he also just talks about like really random shit, but it's always something nuts. It's always about like the British Museum should like stop stealing people's paintings, if you shouldn't like go to a club to shoot on the girlfriend. And also just like funny stuff, like his town is weird socco chants and like he lives in some random ass like village in England and it's like funny.
Speaker 2: And he has like enemies who are like teenage boys.
Speaker 1: Wait, I feel like I wanted to ask you more about your personal biography as a human being, and I we talked a little bit about it.
Speaker 2: What do you What do you do all day? Man?
Speaker 10: I like look for students and I loan stuff and I think about stuff, and I like plan.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time.
Speaker 10: Sitting and like flea planning, like talks and lessons I'm gonna give and how I'm gonna wad them, Yeah, because I would.
Speaker 2: With kids in the forest a lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And that's like a recipe for danger and chaos. So you have to literally have everything like flee woaded, but also be saying it like at random spontaneous intervals in between stuff happening that you didn't expect to have any way to plan for.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, that's all. There's a parrot guy who's saying stuff. It's crazy parrot guy.
Speaker 10: He's gonna bite you. It'll be okay. He's a taste for human flesh.
Speaker 2: Guy. Terrible.
Speaker 1: Wait, crap, I'm trying to remember what I was gonna ask you. Oh, yes, I want to know this. I want to know this. You seem to you think, you seem like a man. You think a lot.
Speaker 3: About uh uh.
Speaker 1: Philosophy and consciousness and all these things. Where do you believe we go when we die?
Speaker 3: Do you believe.
Speaker 1: Consciousness to seeds and it's the same. Do you believe there's an extra dimension in which our consciousness flows or what do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: Man, I mean I feel like that's a very grain of salt question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: For me, the only way I can really say is like, I feel like we go to join the ancestors and watch all over the future generations of living people. I feel like o body we give back to the land, and then it becomes the bodies of all children and great grandchildren, yeah, and of other living beings.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And I feel like before we are borne, were sort of part of the universe in some logical or spiritual we're carbon and shit it at least, I mean I feel like, well, before we're born, in a sense, we are the universe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And and I think in a more postals that I think we were like a spirit I would define it as like a spuit. And so you sort of when you're born, remember that ship. And that's why babies are like sort of wise looking, and why they know how to swim, and why they like low and extremely fast and like seem to like be really like precognate and intuitive.
Speaker 2: And then they just sort of been really dumb.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and the max dumbness hits to like age seven or so, and then they start to gain more of like a human intelligence.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: I like, I love that thought idea of like babies are secretly extremely wise, yeah, because they were just they just came from being the universe.
Speaker 3: The universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, you know what, It's cool right because I feel like the more, the most in touch with the universe you are is the when your presence, you know. And I feel like babies are so deeply present, yeah, and so deeply connected to just like yeah, the uh I mean kind of like we were talking about with the last guy, kind of the the the novelty of life, you know, everything is so novel to them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, That's why I love kids.
Speaker 10: One time I was with a kid and I saw him sit down on a log and he was like, this is the this is the first time I'm ever gonna sit.
Speaker 2: On a mossy log. And then he sat on it and it blew my fucking mind.
Speaker 10: I was like, wow, that was literally the first time he sat on a mossy log and I saw it.
Speaker 1: So you are an aspiring husband and stay at home dead Yeah, very okay. So are you looking so I has to stay home dad? Are you looking for like like do you want to date? Like uh, like a like a rich powerful woman?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Yeah as hell?
Speaker 10: Yeah, little auto like more confident like somehead's so like still willing to have a couple of kids, Definitely that's sick.
Speaker 3: You ever, like, uh, you ever like take strolls down Wall Street and whatnot.
Speaker 10: I think those women might be a little I don't know something Sometimes women just like at as corrupted by shit as guys are somehow, and it seems.
Speaker 2: Sort of weird.
Speaker 10: But like I heard, I don't know this weird story that like doing the Russian Revolution, like the women in the Zar's family will like pro evolution, yeah, even though they were specifically like getting executed by the Revolutionarias Like, there's this idea called genealogy which actually comes from Java, which ties feminism misogyny very very closely to all forms of oppression and also two anarcho priminitivism and indigenous cultures. Sure, anti third wave feminism and the idea of just feminity in general is being a positive trait.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 10: I've also feel like our society sort of just takes ninety percent of the human experience so decides it's trust for goals.
Speaker 3: Well, like, what okay, give me I can can you?
Speaker 2: Can you list? I want to know?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, lest give me three things that you feel like should not be just for girls? That you feel like, are our society conditioned to be just okay, like, okay, like, let's do it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, parenthood, looking attractive and having emotions.
Speaker 1: I have to I, I honestly, I have to disagree that I think those are that conditioned for women, parenthood.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't know, you think I was the last time you hold the phase patonal instincts, my paternal instincts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, that's true. Yeah, Okay, okay, I'll actually hand you that the people was the last.
Speaker 10: Time you wanted a random guy to you've never met to look after your five year old daughter?
Speaker 2: Give me that. I'll give you that the last time he saw a.
Speaker 10: Guy my age call an eighteen year old girl cute and assume he was just like talking about it as a kid and not as like a partner.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'll say, I'll say, I don't see, like, Okay, you know, the whole looking attractive thing. Yeah, most it's true, like you know, cosmetic brands and whatever else of that stuff is yeah, marketed towards Yeah, I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: What's the third one?
Speaker 10: We're just having most emotions, having emotions, most emotions.
Speaker 3: Are the men are coming around on I think men are coming around on emotion.
Speaker 10: It's getting better. I think all of them getting better. Yeah, there's definitely a weird backlash going on with like the weird fucking I don't know, like glow guys, whites, fucking all white cloud.
Speaker 2: But like, I think most guys are getting I think.
Speaker 1: Like, like I generally feel as though, like, uh, like if you're like, like if you're a guy these days and you have like a group of like dude friends, yeah, I think most this is just like complete anecdotally, Yeah, I feel this in my group of dude friends. But also, you know, I think like younger generations too, like friends in high school and ship are willing to be like yo, I love the homies. Yeah, willing to like tell their friends they love them, willing to like open up to their friends.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's I think it's something that like men are willing to do with their friends. You know, it's coming.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird.
Speaker 10: Still, I feel like the fact that they seem to like guys seem just sort of be hiding how they feel, like what they really think A little bit, I think, so like the time I think a little.
Speaker 1: Bit gives it. I'll give it you prove to the second two the first two, but give me the third eye.
Speaker 10: They hide like quite a lot behind erevlence and jadedness and humor and like saying fucked up stuff they don't actually believe, and they also like sort of just a little bit not that serious, a little bit not that emotional, and then when they do open up, it's like like a little intense. It's like a little bit like, okay, you can, you can take a step back.
Speaker 2: It's it's fine.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: Don't we all don't we all mascar emotions in some way there's some sort of displacements personality or activity.
Speaker 2: A little bit, but IM sorry.
Speaker 1: We're humans are dynamic enough that you can be funny and say outlandish things and do whatever and also still have a deeply emotional.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I think so. I think you definitely can.
Speaker 10: I think it's just being done as a defense mechanism by guys and masculine people a lot a lot more than by women. And I think that it's why when a dude like is really like I love you bo like man, this is it's time I fly, it's like it feels really intense because it's like sort of sudden.
Speaker 1: I don't want to put a gender to this. Looks so cool that now we're surrounded by beautiful life.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, do you feel like I'm like I meet so many people nowadays who are like they talk in tiktoks, you know what I mean, Like they talk in and it's men and women and and you know, like talking in memes or talking in tiktoks. I feel like that's a huge Like that's a huge like I'm displacing myself from emotions thing.
Speaker 2: Do you do you agree with fucking weird? Really weird, really weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like you see that a little bit in Japanese culture.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's what's what is it in Japanese? There's like the two face? You know if there's a word for this in Japanese culture. Fuck, somebody in the comments say it, but it's like one is like your your your outside face and then your inside face.
Speaker 3: Whoa you have ever heard of this?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know the word exactly, but someone someone in the YouTube comments will be it, will say it's maybe I've enjoyed talking to you man, have you have you? Have you handed out a lot of these pamphlets?
Speaker 2: I just forgot I was holding that when I like went to fist pump.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but there's the dudeis here like every day when it's like way too hot out and like the sunniest place imaginable, giving out fleet stickos and giving out pamphlets and like getting people to care about the the nature. They literally a part of that. They'll one hundred percent going to get fucked along with.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question that comes from I've been talking a little bit today. I talked to the last uh guest who is on this chair, about how I have two wolves in my head?
Speaker 7: What I do?
Speaker 3: I have two wolves in my head. One wolf is uh.
Speaker 1: One wolf in my head loves life, very optimistic, loves the earth, loves humans. The other wolf in my head is like sees, you know, whatever climate change and whatnot, and goes, we had a good run. You know, why is humanity? Why is humanity in life so important that we have to save it? You know that wolf exists in my head. And I ask you, as somebody who cares about these things, what would you what would you say to that wolf?
Speaker 3: And why should we care?
Speaker 10: That story comes from a book called the Education of Little Tree, and it was written by a uh. Former ku Klux Klan member turned antiwasis looking for redemption in the most weird black fac the way possible.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, but more give me more than that. I mean I philosophically, why should we care about life?
Speaker 10: I feel like that's that's both wolves at once being one wolf, maybe a coyote, I guess. Yeah, life is weird in messay and sometimes kind of fucked up, but it's still beautiful and still working forwards. And sometimes something you know fucked up with an ex clan member writing a book which pretends to be a Native American creates a beautiful story that actual Native Americans really resonate with.
Speaker 3: I listen, I'm not Native American, but I like the toolves thing. It makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, I like life today, and today's all we got. Mmm, give me your name one more time? O Gus Arcis Arcis if you want to plug anything you kind of know you said you have an Instagram.
Speaker 2: My Instagram.
Speaker 10: If you can understand the words I make with my mouth, it's Ao c U s ao b o l I at Instagram.
Speaker 2: There's nothing fucking on it.
Speaker 10: There'll be pictures on it soon of us doing stuff in the forest and then you can come and go in the group chats, and then you can come out and play in the forest with us.
Speaker 3: Rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Helly, nice to talk to you, dude. I'll see around the universe. I'll see you, see you around the universe.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 2: That guy was interesting.
Speaker 6: That was Uh.
Speaker 3: That was a cool conversation.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: I feel like, what did I learn from that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have I don't what did you the eyeball looking somebody said, the eyeball looking stuff? I learned about looking eyeball? I was if you have someone in your life who might be willing to lick your eyeball, I recommend it. It's a fun, it's a nice it feels nice. Although I remember I remember after someone looked my eyeball, I went on Google and I was asking Google about it, and they were like, you shouldn't do that. That can call that can spread diseases. But what does the internet know? Have a seat, Leana. Very nice to meet you, Leanna. What's up has life?
Speaker 11: Life is pretty good right now?
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 13: This might be a downer from the last conversation, but I'm in the best relationship I've been in like my whole life. Yeah, and I've been in nothing but bad relationships. I don't know how to feel comfortable with getting the love that I'm getting, how to.
Speaker 1: Feel comfortable getting the love that you're getting? Wow, And she's well, I guess I'm curious about.
Speaker 2: A few things.
Speaker 1: In what way does that discomfort manifest in your physical actions?
Speaker 13: And you know, yeah, just I'm just like very defensive, like I have a wall up from the past, sure that I don't know how to get.
Speaker 1: Rid of, like like like uh like whoever you're dating, right, they'll be like like what, They'll tell you they.
Speaker 2: Love you, and you're like, ah, no, I suck somewhat. Yeah, okay, okay, huh, I don't know. Do you have a real therapist?
Speaker 11: Not really?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: Should I change the topic?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just curious. I'm just I'm thinking about my thoughts on this situation. I mean, how else does this manifest? Like, give me, give me some examples, like how do you feel as though you cannot accept.
Speaker 13: This love just because like I don't know how to like trust just because I've adopted.
Speaker 3: To Oh, okay, you don't how to trust this person.
Speaker 11: That's like one of the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only really give you my own lived experience and thoughts about trust. Yes, my own lived experience and thoughts about trust. Is like, Okay, so you're in this relationship, right, and how long you've been with.
Speaker 2: This person just a few months?
Speaker 3: Just a few months.
Speaker 1: And I guess I would say in my own relationships with trust is like in any kind of relationship, business, platonic, romantic, whatever, you kind of like audit yourself to be like, am I doing the best job I reasonably can within my efforts? Am I having the best intentions that I reasonably can? And as long as I'm holding up my end of the deal. If this person decides to in some way, shape or form betray my trust or attempt to hurt me after I've held up my end of the deal, that doesn't bother me really, because I feel like that's, uh, that's not really a reflection upon me. You know, I don't control the evil uh that surrounds me. I only control a half of it. And and you kind of do those things intuitively, and you don't focus so much about what comes back. Of course you, of course you yearn of course you want, You'd be fucking lying. I'd be lying to myself. I said I didn't want anything back.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not the.
Speaker 1: Fucking Buddha, but like you, you have to at some point, except that what comes back is somewhat out of your control, and so the trust is less the trust. The trust that you're swinging around is less of a trust in another person and more of a trust in yourself. That you're approaching your life with as much uh goodwill as you possibly can, and that everything beyond that is is beyond you, and you surrender to what's beyond you.
Speaker 3: Does that make any sense? Or is that insane rambles?
Speaker 11: That makes sense?
Speaker 2: Alright? Cool?
Speaker 3: Okay, Shit, maybe I'm better a therapy than I thought.
Speaker 11: Maybe you're all all seeing gecko.
Speaker 3: I am a gecko. What's your name again?
Speaker 11: Lean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm horrible at remembering names. That's okay, But I feel like i'm I'm I get so ingrained in the conversations that I forget name.
Speaker 11: The name is the least of your worries.
Speaker 3: I like that you have a Harley Davidson hat on.
Speaker 13: I've been upstate in Hicksville and is where you're from. No, No, that's where my girlfriend's from.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said it's influenced you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I've just been there, and I'm from Jersey, but I hang out here mostly, so it's definitely a lot different. Like it's quiet, everybody's like country, like really country. Yeah, so I've I've been influenced.
Speaker 2: If you cann't tell yeah, oh yeah, you got the cameo pants, I.
Speaker 11: Got the cameos, the cut off tea, like is it?
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like, tell me if I'm crazy, But I feel like it's country experiencing some kind of cultural shift where it used to be seen as like a very like like it was like a very it was like very conservative, and now it's like it's like it's kind of being taken back. Like I'm seeing like Brooklyn like hipster people like wearing like hats and cowboy boots and ship I.
Speaker 13: Mean, I think a lot of people take from like the aesthetic, but when it when you're in like a very country area, it's very country conservative.
Speaker 11: Sure, so I definitely see a lot like especially today.
Speaker 13: Because it's the fourth of July, a lot of people wearing cowboy boots, American flags, camo, but nothing further than that.
Speaker 2: Do you have any Fourth of July plans tonight?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 11: I wanted to see what was going on here. I thought there would be more events.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's an event every day. Look at all of all this stuff.
Speaker 11: That's true. I'm here every day mostly every day Jersey. I live one stop from kind station.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I'm here a lot and this is kind of just like everyday summer festivities, just a lot more American flags.
Speaker 11: I thought there would be like more fun stuff like do this for Fourth of July?
Speaker 1: If okay, if you could visualize what your perfect Fourth of July would be, how would that go down?
Speaker 11: Sitting in a pool, eating ice cream and watching the fireworks.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can find a place here to No, you definitely what it was here to do that. But what you just described in Manhattan will cost at least three hundred dollars.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to leave the city to do that.
Speaker 11: By me, there's a lot to do like that. But all my friends are here and they don't go to Jersey.
Speaker 3: Do you go to do you go to school here?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: I'm not in school.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: I graduated high school and said, fuck it.
Speaker 2: Very cool, very cool. What do you have? What do you want to do with your life?
Speaker 11: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Do you have, like inklings of anything that is exciting to you in any way, shape or form, even even minusculey.
Speaker 11: Anything art related?
Speaker 2: Really, that's cool? You do you do your own tattoos?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: These are just on the fly. I've gotten most of them, like impulsively.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite artist.
Speaker 9: Prior to this? Girl?
Speaker 13: Iris tat that's where I got this one from the most recent one. It's from Coraline. But she was really sweet and I love a lot of her work that she like posts about.
Speaker 1: Really nice, really nice. Yeah, okay, so you want to be in a pool watching the fire? By the way, I just sorry. I know this is something to do with our conversation. But at the very beginning of sitting down, I said to myself that I would be able to ignore how hot it was by being so engrossed in the conversations that I would forget the temperature. And it's actually been working. I thought it wasn't gonna work. I thought I'd be sweating my my ass.
Speaker 11: It's not working for me.
Speaker 3: I feel the heat, my haw's my is am I dripping on the paint at all.
Speaker 11: No, you've just been touching your beard. So that's where it's gone.
Speaker 2: I have been touching my beard. Yeah, is there someone has a phone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's right there.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love the one dollar water guy man here right. You know what you know what's crazy is uh people talk about inflation.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe I talked about this on the podcast before, but people talk about inflation, right right. I feel like no matter how much inflation goes, the dollar water Guy will always still like that's his brand forever. It's gonna take about it's gonna take another one hundred years for the dollar water Guy to raise his prices.
Speaker 11: And it'll go to one twenty five, it'll go to it'll go it'll.
Speaker 3: Have to go to two.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Maybe I feel like in a hundred I feel like Americans we gotta get rid of coins.
Speaker 3: Our coins are just not worth anything.
Speaker 11: That's true.
Speaker 13: I mean I work at a very like small little town like bagel shop, and a lot of the older people have exact change. Really, so maybe in major cities like this, coins should go. But in very small towns, yeah, coins just never cease to exist.
Speaker 2: Get rid of the coins, but bring back the dollar coin. I love a dollar coin.
Speaker 11: I feel like when I have a dollar coin, I just never use it. I just look at it. Yeah, it's too special. Yeah, somehow I have none left.
Speaker 3: I feel horrible, and I'm gonna ask your name.
Speaker 11: A third Leanna think like Brianna, but with an L.
Speaker 3: You know it's so annoying, you know, it's so annoying to me. Is I feel like I can?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 1: I can, like, like like in that moment when I forgot your name, It's like you could quiz me on on on your life, as as the information you've told me, and I think I would get ninety nine percent of it correct except the name.
Speaker 3: That's just how my brain works. I got it.
Speaker 1: I know that, uh, I mean I know, yeah, what you were talking about with your girlfriend. I know you live in Jersey. I know that, uh, you work in a small town. Yes, I know that you're not in school right now. I know you have friends who live in the city. But I would have I would have not remembered the name.
Speaker 3: Is that bad? No, do you think I'm gonna am?
Speaker 13: I I feel like knowing my life is definitely a lot more important to me than knowing my name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, okay, good, the least of my worries.
Speaker 11: If you know me, you know me, if you know my name, it's whatever, Leana.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, not really.
Speaker 11: Other than have a good summer and happy forth, Hags.
Speaker 1: I'll see you around the university, and I thank you very much for talking to a gecko. Yeah, there's a lot of really, I don't know if I don't know how much background noise you'll be able to hear on this podcast, but there's a lot of really nice music and happenings about.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: What's your name, man, I'm Sonjay Sanjay.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. I like your shirt. Your shirt says lol and then under it it says love of laughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up, Sonjay? How's life good?
Speaker 4: Not much, it's been it's been okay.
Speaker 2: How about you? Why only okay?
Speaker 1: I mean it's been like mundane, but like in like a good way, you know, Yeah, mundane life contains a lot of joy in it. What tell me about like, what do you do every day?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm a full time student and then I do a lot of like stand up, so like I usually just like go to class, then like write some jokes, go to an open mic, and then like oh you your stand up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, very cool, Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 2: How's this?
Speaker 3: How's the New York stand up scene treating you?
Speaker 6: It's okay, it's it's really cool. I think it's like a lot of fun. But it's also like there's so many comics, you know. Yeah, so also trying to like pivot into like content and stuff like that. But cool, like every other like that's my original idea. Yeah, let me do content. What's your what's your dream?
Speaker 4: I would like to be an SNL cast member.
Speaker 3: That's my dream?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How old are you? Can ask?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty? Yeah, by the time.
Speaker 1: You, I think SNL is kind of dead, isn't it. I mean it's has faltered. Yeah, it's not like the every Man show it used to be. For sure. I'm gonna well, hold on, can I can? I? All right, I'm gonna tell it very douchey story. Okay, okay, And this is why I think I might get some heat for this, but it's fine. I think wanting to be an SNL cast but only because Sanjay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only because I I I want I remember my name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so uh two years ago, like the Internet is so much more powerful than.
Speaker 2: Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that makes sense, but so much more powerful ship Like like fucking Shane Gillis man.
Speaker 1: You know, he like came back like when he first when he first got fired from Saturday Live. Uh, everyone was like, this is gonna be better for his career, and I didn't believe. I was like, no, he kind of got fucked. And then now now that everyone was right, it was better for his career. He's like as any cast member. Yeah, and he's hosting and so, uh.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna name any names.
Speaker 1: And this is not in any way, shape orform reflective of this performer themselves. But it's just about like SNL is and it's it's more reflective of SNL as an institution. Okay, I'm not gonna name this performance name. They're very funny, but again, it's about the institution out the former. Two years ago, I was in England doing a show Therapy Gecko, and you know at the time, you know, I was going viral on TikTok or whatever, and I had a sold out show at this comedy club in England And the next night after my show, there was this guy headlining who at the time was an SNL cast member, And at my show, they're putting flyers for his show on the seats and I was looking at the flyers and I was like, damn, dude.
Speaker 2: My show was sold out. Geo Trumps, I'm selling more to don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it would go nowadays, but at least at that time, it's like, Damn, I'm selling more tickets than somebody who was on Saturday Night Live off of TikTok and Instagram and YouTube and whatnot.
Speaker 6: Dude, Gecko Gecko Trump's Lauren Michaels right here, Just no, it does nothing to do with Dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, I don't know, Like you're the goal for you is more, Yeah, you'll find more success on like YouTube and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I want to be a comedian. I also want to like create a TV show. Those are two big things.
Speaker 3: But even what the fuck is a TV show? Ye, it's a TV show.
Speaker 2: I think it could be.
Speaker 1: Well, it knows, it's it's you know, it's I mean, it's a people. Nobody watches TV.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just watch family guy clip by clip that's my TV on TikTok's but you watch it on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like the old guard of like I want to be on SNL or have a TV show. It's like all that shit is dead, dude.
Speaker 6: It's like a double ed story because it's like so many people. It's like anybody can do it, but now so many more people are doing it.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 6: They democratize the media answers. Yeah, I mean I think that's always something I've always wondered. I'm like, how many people you think were more talented than like a Dave Chappelle or like you know, like a Chris Rock or like you know, like a c K. But there's just never attempt or like never got seen in the right room or whatever. Well, I mean, yeah, bro, that's how it goes or I mean comedy. But also, like any kind of art, it's less about art and more about like it's it's a combination of like good taste and talent and marketing opportunities and luck yeah, it's like a third of each of those things.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like like do you.
Speaker 3: Watch the NBA.
Speaker 6: No, Okay, there's like a story of like one of like this European basketball player who was like like head and shoulders above the rest would have like a forty point trouble double at halftime in Europe and they wanted to come to the NBA and they said he'd be better than.
Speaker 4: Like Jordan and like all these guys.
Speaker 6: But like he couldn't come for ten years because of his visa and by the time he finally came, he was like old so like and he was still like really good. I think he uh, I forgot. It's like a Sabonus something. But like the question is like how like you know, like how many people are there like that where they just like never made it to the NBA because it's some like miscellaneous reason. But we're like more talented than anybody there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, comedy is a little weird because it's the talent is all subjective, yeah, you know, and people different people are kind of four different audiences and yeah, well.
Speaker 6: I think it's like that about art though too, Like I don't think art's about like talent. I think it's about moment. Like I think anyone can shine in their moment, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about moment and momentum is also about literally about about moments.
Speaker 6: Like there's moments where Leonard Dicapro will be the worst actor in the world. There's moments where some guy from like getting a BFA could it could be like more the most talented act just in that specific moment, right, yeah, random, Like it all just clicks that it just comes together.
Speaker 3: Are you having fun in life?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think I'm having fun. I think like staying busy is like the most fun that I have.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you don't stay busy, you'll start to ask questions you were never meant.
Speaker 3: You got to hear your own voice.
Speaker 6: That's the that's the scariest Uh, that's the scariest medium.
Speaker 2: Well, shit, Sonjay, it was good talking to you.
Speaker 4: Great talking to you too.
Speaker 3: You want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Uh, you guys should follow me on my stand up comedy account. It's called Sunjay does Stand Up s A. N j Y Does Stand Up Beautiful. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing you around the universe. I'm looking forward to you selling more tickets than me when I got on SNL.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Great to talk to you man. Hello, there, have a seat. What is what is your name? I'm Rachel, Rachel, Nice to meet you. What's up has life?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 9: So yesterday I learned that my friend is a kleptomania.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting for those who don't know what that is. And I think I know what a kleptomaniac is. Somebody who is addicted to stealing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's banned from Canada apparently, which sucks because I live in Canada. But yeah, he just like I've been friends with him for a couple of weeks and he just told me.
Speaker 9: That he likes to steal things?
Speaker 3: What kind of things?
Speaker 12: Really random things like caution tape and just like little knickknacks, but nothing that valuable.
Speaker 2: Sure, but he gets off on it.
Speaker 3: How long have you been friends with this guy?
Speaker 9: Three weeks?
Speaker 2: Three weeks?
Speaker 3: How'd you guys meet?
Speaker 9: We met in front of the comedy shop.
Speaker 2: What's what's the comedy shop.
Speaker 9: On Bleeker Street?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh right, I didn't know there was a Is that a new comedy club?
Speaker 9: I'm not sure. I've only been here for a little while.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you met a friend outside of a comedy shop and then when he told you he was a kleptomaniac.
Speaker 3: Did that make you look at him differently?
Speaker 9: I got a little scared. I'm like, do I want to invite this guy over right? Or should I? Should he be just like an outside friend?
Speaker 1: Has he stolen anything from you in the time that you've not that I know of? But I guess it would be I guess from from the way you've described this guy, it sounds like if he were to steal things from you, it would be things you wouldn't even notice were gone.
Speaker 9: Like, yeah, it'd be like my floss.
Speaker 3: I was literally going to say floss.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my gumbs would get so bad I wouldn't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have any Okay, do you own anything that you think is in that rung of like's not importance but is important to.
Speaker 9: You, like that I would notice is gone, or that I would have well yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things that like are kind of objectively seen is not important, but that you would find important.
Speaker 2: My cheese greater Ooh, that's a great answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if this guy stole your cheese greater friendship over well, like I would know how many. Okay, let me ask you this, all right, so you've been friends with this guy for three weeks? Yea, although how many How often have you hung out with him in those three weeks?
Speaker 9: Well, I've seen him three times or four times?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Okay.
Speaker 9: We went to do improv together, which was fun?
Speaker 3: How fast? How fast?
Speaker 1: Until because I gotta say, like, like, he's your friend? Like, like how that was a fast decoration?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: How how fast I want to become friends?
Speaker 9: People normally say acquaintance?
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I just like skip over that. I like, I like that, Like we're friends now, Like you can come over if you want, I'll make you tea.
Speaker 1: I feel like you feel like we like this this was enough interaction for us to be labeled friends?
Speaker 12: Probably not, the more I think about it, I don't think so either, Like what does it take to be friends?
Speaker 9: Like what do you think?
Speaker 3: I feel like? If you and I.
Speaker 1: Inhabited the same space regularly O for a somewhat extended period of time, and throughout that period of time had extended amounts of conversations or you know, hung out either in a group or as one on one, we would then develop a friendship.
Speaker 2: But this is not.
Speaker 1: I don't think long enough for us to so I have to come back become friends, so you have to come back. Yeah, I guess in order for us to be friends, for us to be friends. Although actually I'll say, actually, you know what the guy at the very beginning, who like I saw him over there and he had like the uh, the table, the table. If I saw him again, I would be like, Yo, that's my boy. Although if I saw you here at this park again.
Speaker 9: Probably wouldn't recognize me because I look.
Speaker 3: Like maybe maybe I would. It's like i'd be like, hey, yo, I remember you. We talked.
Speaker 2: What's your name? I still actually don't know your name. What's your name, Rachel? Rachel?
Speaker 9: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Lyle? Lyle?
Speaker 3: So are you gonna continue to be friends with this person?
Speaker 12: I waited a little too long, so probably like it's gonna be a distant friend, like I'll go do improv or if we're in a group setting, but he's not. He's not getting like an invite over for like a dinner party type situation.
Speaker 3: So are you a comedian? No, what were you doing outside of a comedy club?
Speaker 12: So my friend's on Love Island and your friend on Love Island and I don't have At the time, I didn't know that my roommate had Peacock, which is a streaming service that Love Island's on. Yeah, so I just left a date and I was walking somewhere else to take the subway home, and I pass by and they have a big screen every night showing Love Island.
Speaker 3: Who's your friend that's on Love Island?
Speaker 9: Elon?
Speaker 2: I don't watch Love Island, Ela Elon, elon? Yeah, what does she look like?
Speaker 9: He?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: What does he look like?
Speaker 9: Jewish looking? He's got a fro?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you also Jewish?
Speaker 9: I'm also Jewish? Well what are you doing for shab butt?
Speaker 3: What am I doing for Shabbat?
Speaker 1: Yes, well I don't. I don't really do stuff for Shabbat. I just like, what are you doing for Shabbat?
Speaker 9: I just got invited like an hour ago to a rooftop, but really, where you want to come?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where where is it?
Speaker 12: It's a so it's at this guy's apartment and it has a really good view of the Williamsburg Bridge.
Speaker 1: Wait, actually I actually kind of do what plus one hund Okay, I'm actually kind of down.
Speaker 9: I think that'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: It's Williamsburg. Okay, Well we'll we'll talk.
Speaker 9: We can talk after I just don't want to peep the address.
Speaker 1: We can talk after, okay. So uh for really, what was the theme of your abot mitzvah?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 12: Mine was like, you know, I'm not like the other Jewish girls. I didn't want the big party, so I just had like three limos, you know, really casual and.
Speaker 2: Yuah yo, I know exactly what your house looks like? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel like just by you saying that I know exactly what the interior of your house looks like.
Speaker 9: Okay, tell me about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, I can't like visually describe it. I can't like describe it.
Speaker 9: Are you just trying to come see my house?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I'm just not not like no, like the house you grew up in. I assume did you did you grow up in a Jewish neighborhood?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 9: But are we talking like?
Speaker 12: I lived in one house until I was five and then another one from like five on? So which one we talk about here?
Speaker 3: I guess the five on one?
Speaker 9: Goode?
Speaker 3: You actually three limosts?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 3: Well, tell me more about your butt mets for what?
Speaker 11: So going on?
Speaker 12: It was kind of interesting because at the time, like I could only be in one limo. You can't put me in all limos.
Speaker 9: So you knew the girls and the people in my limo were my fucking favorite people.
Speaker 3: Oh no, did that make the people in the other limos feel bad?
Speaker 9: I feel like they were a little dumb because they're like twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they but like maybe.
Speaker 1: The Ember one, you invited at least somebody that you liked or did you have any like forced invites?
Speaker 12: No, no, four stinvites. No, it was it was only forty five people. So it was all people that I liked or that were more of my acquaintances. But my core people were in my limo.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, do you do a lot of like stuff for the Jewish holidays? No at me either, although I'll say except tonight for but I actually.
Speaker 3: I am in for tonight for spot. It sounds fun.
Speaker 9: But you got like, are you gonna keep? You gonna change? Are you gonna put on a keepa.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: But keep keep the fit.
Speaker 2: I got fit on this.
Speaker 9: We can get you a big keeper.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know I find a big enough keeper. I'd be dawn.
Speaker 2: But well, I was gonna say, uh, do you I don't they don't do? Do do women do to fill in?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Because I'm always getting clocked by uh, like if I'm walking around Williamsburg, Like I always get clocked by the tafilling dudes.
Speaker 2: Do you do you?
Speaker 3: I guess? Do you know what I'm talking about? Like when you walk around h Williamsburg.
Speaker 6: Like if you're a guy and you look Jewish enough, like like an orthodox Jewish guy will.
Speaker 3: Come up to you and be like, hey, have you prayed today?
Speaker 9: I mean someone once stopped me on the street and gave me candles? Is that what it feels like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do they do they do they ask you if you were Jewish?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How do they? How do they do?
Speaker 9: It? Can smell us? I smell like a filter fish?
Speaker 2: Could you?
Speaker 3: Could you tell that I'm Jewish?
Speaker 12: Like I I assumed, but I didn't want to like assume wrong, so I just didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: He assume I was Jewish before I said anything? Yeah, what what made you feel that way?
Speaker 2: You're just like super weird, you know I I I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: I say that, Like I'm also super weird.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what is super weird about you?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 9: Trying to think about the difference between weird and cool.
Speaker 3: You don't have to think about that. You can just tell that whatever you.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 12: When I match with someone on a dating app and get to know them, my first thing is I suggest a call.
Speaker 9: People are really thrown off.
Speaker 2: I do the same thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: After a few messages, I'm like I after a few messages, I'll be like, h hey, would you actually want to do a video chat? Because on a because like you can only I think like it's it's good for a few reasons.
Speaker 3: Is it's very efficient.
Speaker 1: It's afficient for both you and the other, because neither you nor the person you're talking to wants to spend a whole fucking evening of their life with somebody who.
Speaker 9: Has a really weird voice, who has a.
Speaker 1: Really annoying voice, or looks different from their photos. See, the video chat is like for both ends. It's I get to go, Hey, here's what I look like today, Here's what I have a question. Here, here's a little bit of what here's like a preview, and if and after this little effort preview fifteen minutes, I'm keeping it. The fifteen minutes. I'm on my couch, she's on her couch. We don't have to leave, we don't have to spend any money. We don't have to do anything, and then if if the vibe is good, we upgrade it to an in person meet.
Speaker 2: So during the call, yes, are you am I in the suit?
Speaker 9: Are you decked out?
Speaker 3: I'm not gecked out, But occasionally do you say gekt out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Like gekt out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 3: Did you just come up with that, gecko?
Speaker 9: Did you just say that for the first time? The gekt out?
Speaker 3: That's kind of how I refer to like being in the costume.
Speaker 9: It's cool.
Speaker 3: Fuck, What the hell was I going to say?
Speaker 9: You're talking about being on the couch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but no, it's been. It's it's I've very much enjoyed the pre Yeah, you don't waste any other time. I was like, if I'm on a first date, it requires a lot of energy. I think to go on a first date, not.
Speaker 9: If it's with the right person.
Speaker 12: To be honest, I think the right a good date with the right person should give you energy.
Speaker 1: I quasi agree with that. I think, however, my energy is half. You know, I'm not gonna put like a full number to it. I won't say half, but part of how I how I part of my energy is yes, you're right, how the other person energy is. And then part of it is just like how I'm feeling, and I think, like to go on a date, and like, you know, like if I'm going on a date and I like, you know, care, it's like, you know, I'm throwing all my best stories out there, I'm like, but I'm like trying, I'm attempting to channel, Like, Okay, I have a strong range in my personality. Like I'm like, under certain conditions, Under certain conditions, I'm the coolest, funniest, most charismatic guy ever. I under certain phases of the moon, certain amounts of like vib ance or coffee or like how my day was feeling, Okay, Like I can reach that pinnacle, and then I can also be like just just like a dreadful to be around and just be like like very socially awkward and have no energy and extremely timid and extremely like depressed or anxious, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's like I have a strong range, you know, And I feel like if I'm.
Speaker 1: On a first date, you know, and I care whatever, I'll attempt to I'll attempt I mean, actually I feel like where I land on any given day in that range is actually something that feels out of my control in many ways, in many sense I've attempted to solve for X.
Speaker 3: How in what conditions do I feel the most.
Speaker 9: Energized energized? When do you feel the most energized.
Speaker 1: Around two pm on a day that I took my vibeance at ten am, on a day where I'm around other people and you know, in settings like I feel very energized by settings like these, you know, where I'm around other people in life and stuff like right now, I feel extremely energized. But you know, if whatever, if I just got back, if I just like, if it's like ten pm and I smoked a bunch of weed and I felt like shit all.
Speaker 2: Day, I'm not gonna be energized, you know. So I have a strong range in my energy.
Speaker 3: But uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So again, I just wanted a whole ramp. But I think doing a call is not weird. I think people appreciate it. I think a call is good.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. Okay, so you do a call? Yep, how many?
Speaker 1: Mathematically, how many of your calls have resulted in like in person meetups?
Speaker 9: Maybe fifty percent? Some calls have been very weird.
Speaker 3: In what way.
Speaker 12: One guy had like a dog named Chicken, and he brought his dog on the call and he's like, look, chicken can howl. And then he's like, makes a noise at chicken, and Chicken starts howling, and then a lot of the times this is the weird thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, wait, before you get into that, you did not like when he made the chicken howl because you you proudly identified as weird, and so I assume.
Speaker 9: He was weird.
Speaker 12: But in that moment, I was like, Okay, it's weird, but I can get like it's kind of like a quirk. It's not a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, sure, sure, the.
Speaker 12: Deal breaker was here's an interesting thing, Okay, I with guys that I'm talking to, it's kind of a tell that I'm not that into them. Also, just we like look at each other's matches because don't you ever want to like know what your competition is.
Speaker 1: Why Why is that a tell that you're not that into them? Because I have a different perspective on that.
Speaker 12: Maybe it's not a tell, but maybe it's like it's a little bit more on the I don't care, which comes out more when you're not interested?
Speaker 3: Why is that on the I don't care, Okay, I'll here's what I think is.
Speaker 1: Like, I think that like when you're like, oh, let me see your matches or like let me see your conversation, I think that's very vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You know, like that's a vulnerable thing to like show you.
Speaker 9: So vulnerable because you're just showing like all the attention you get from other people.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that like depends on the guy.
Speaker 12: Like if it's someone who doesn't have a lot of matches, then maybe it's not the best look.
Speaker 9: But if it's someone who has a lot of matches, then maybe.
Speaker 1: But I think that like there's something It's like there's vulnerability within those conversations.
Speaker 3: And also, look, there is vulnerability in like.
Speaker 1: The thing that you're what I think, if I understand, if I correctly understand, the reason why you believe it is a tell that you're not that interested that same reason, if I correctly understand, it would be to me a display of vulnerability. And I think displays of vulnerability bring people closer together. I maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but with what you just said.
Speaker 9: I agree that it brings people together.
Speaker 12: But for people who are truly afraid of vulnerability, it almost like it can pull someone towards you because they're like, wow, like you're really vulnerable and that's cool, and I want to be more vulnerable, so I'm gonna come closer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But then some people it's like, wow, I don't know what that is because I I was like taught to be tough, so vulnerability scares me and it can make people leave interesting.
Speaker 3: So it's a litmus test in that sense.
Speaker 12: It's a litmus test of how comfortable someone is with being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, so fifty percent of these phone calls ended in person things. Okay, so did you have any other weird phone calls besides the guy making his dog bark?
Speaker 9: I'm sure I have.
Speaker 3: The you meet up with the dog bark guy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, how soon into meeting someone, whether it's on a phone date or a real date, can you instinctively tell whether or not you like them?
Speaker 9: I would say within five minutes, if not less.
Speaker 1: Okay, and after five After five minutes, okay, let's say like all right, right now, I'm hovering my hand here for those listening on audio, if I if I'm up here. Okay, there's like there's neutral, right, yeah, okay, So does it take you five minutes to go from neutral to I don't like them? Versus can it take you five minutes to go from neutral to I like them?
Speaker 9: Or or do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you get on?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you no, okay, like, because you can very clearly Okay, I guess what I'm asking you is you can pretty easily tell if you don't like someone within five minutes. So there's just five minutes enough time for you to tell if you do actively like someone.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying now, So I'm.
Speaker 9: I'm a different case.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: When I decide that I like someone, I almost immediately like once I've decided, it's done, they have to like be really fucked up.
Speaker 3: Dude, I think that's your yo. That's the thing about a lot of dates. It's like.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'll put a gender on it, but like I think, like maybe I will, Like forgot, I think for a lot of guys is like a date is like it's.
Speaker 2: Only your game to lose.
Speaker 9: Can you explain that, Like what.
Speaker 1: You just said, if I like someone, it's done, right, So it's like when when I say, like, it's only your game to lose, It's like I assume when you like someone, it's done unless if they actively do something that is like.
Speaker 9: Very honestly, they could actively do something weird. Yeah, but it has to be like really really fucked up.
Speaker 2: Okay, like they have to kill someone. Really, that's it.
Speaker 12: Like once the times that I've decided about someone, uh huh, and I was so confident, except like maybe once or twice they're.
Speaker 9: The ones that has to have to end it.
Speaker 3: And you made that decision in five minutes? What information did you have?
Speaker 9: Maybe not five? Maybe not five hanging out together once?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 9: And then I've decided.
Speaker 3: Sure? What information do you gather that makes you like someone or an act like something?
Speaker 9: It's honestly a lot of its energy.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 9: Are they confident? Do they know who they are? Do you feel safe around them?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 9: And then there are certain things.
Speaker 12: Just like fix about their voice, like do they have a really weird voice or do they have any really intense views on things?
Speaker 2: Sure? Is there anything else that you I have things to share?
Speaker 3: Do you do you do you guys? Is there anything else do you want to show? Do you feel?
Speaker 1: Do you feel satisfied with this conversation or is there anything that you would want?
Speaker 9: Well, how are you feeling?
Speaker 1: I feel pretty good. I feel like I feel like this was a good hour and fifty minutes for me. I started today, I was like taking phone calls. That's how I normally do this podcast. But I was doing that for twenty minutes, and I was like, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: I have to go outside. And so now I am here.
Speaker 9: I have some things went much better than it went better you thought.
Speaker 3: I feel like it much better, went much better than I thought.
Speaker 9: So I have a hot take.
Speaker 2: Hot take, and let me know what you think.
Speaker 3: Oh crazy.
Speaker 12: In New York, the coolest things are either downstairs or upstairs.
Speaker 3: I I like that hot take.
Speaker 1: I think if you go down a flight of stairs for something, it's cool, into something like comedy.
Speaker 9: Seller cool, smalls cool?
Speaker 2: What is Small's the jazz club?
Speaker 3: Oh I've never been there.
Speaker 9: Damn, I'm sure there's more.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 9: And upstairs it's cool too.
Speaker 1: I prefer a downstairs than an upstairs, but upstairs cool it means you, Oh there's the fucking yeah there he is.
Speaker 3: I love that guy. Okay, if you were only listening on audio.
Speaker 1: There's a guy who rides around town balancing a tire on his head, and he just drove by.
Speaker 12: And I got really so like, what's your dinner party trick that you're gonna pull out at the shab about dinner tonight?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, what's my dinner party trick that I'll pull out the shabout dinner tonight?
Speaker 12: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll bring a pen and I'll be like, do you want to play? I'm thinking of like something quirky I can do. I can be like, uh, I'll bring a pen and be like, hey, do you want to play Tic tac toe on my arm?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: That's weird, right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, what's your party trick?
Speaker 2: You have one?
Speaker 12: My party trick? I can balance a broom on my finger. But I feel like a lot of people could do that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people cannot do that.
Speaker 9: They can't.
Speaker 12: No, I'm a good dancer, Okay, I can sing. I can like crack out some amy winehouse.
Speaker 1: M Is there anything that I should be prepared for for this Shabbat dinner tonight?
Speaker 2: Should do I need to bring something?
Speaker 11: I don't know?
Speaker 9: Like that's the one thing.
Speaker 12: Like I'm an adult now, and I know you're supposed to bring things to dinner parties. Okay, but like what's the rule on that if you get invited after three thirty pm and the parties at seven thirty?
Speaker 9: Like, are you exempt?
Speaker 3: I think we'll probably be fine. Who invited you?
Speaker 9: Some some person?
Speaker 12: Okay, it's his birthday tomorrow. Okay, we could like go havesies on some flowers. Maybe, oh you know, we could do we could bring uh champagne. No, I was gonna say, we should bring rainbow cookies. Yeah, he's a very Jewish food, like rugula. You know, it's like it's like a little like bites of cake with rainbow.
Speaker 9: And like, uh those those are always a hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 9: But I feel like most of the Jewish places are closed right now.
Speaker 1: We get black and white cookies. Yeah, it could be cool. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: No, you're really nothing. You don't have anything? Oh there is again.
Speaker 3: I love this s guy. I'm gonna give him a dollar.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 2: Uh you have nothing? Any way?
Speaker 3: I said, you don't have to it's you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I actually have something to say, but I want to Can I look it up? Do you have a second?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 3: Where are you?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 2: Is it like something from the internet.
Speaker 9: It's the name of something.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, yeah, you have a promote, you have some you want to promote.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but it's not for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's it for?
Speaker 9: It's a friend? Okay, well I met him once.
Speaker 3: You have so many You probably have so many friends.
Speaker 2: Man, give me one second.
Speaker 3: What do we know? Okay? Can I ask you?
Speaker 2: What is the thing?
Speaker 12: He He made a book and it's a really cool book. I think he would honestly be a really cool person for you to interview.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 12: It's called I think it's called Questions. I don't want to get it wrong, but I think it's called questions for humanity or questions something humanity.
Speaker 9: And he went around the world.
Speaker 12: And he asked people if you could ask one question to humanity, any question, what would you ask? And it's a mix of He took pictures for the book of the people he met along the way, and he included what their answers were. And he sometimes goes on the street and asks people. And I just think that that's a really cool, really cool.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, uh wait, we're almost done. We're almost done, and then we can then uh and then uh I'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we were just talking about you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, oh wait, okay, all right, that is actually that is actually extremely Okay, I'm gonna give some context for the audio listeners. Okay, So earlier, I was just talking about how occasionally, as I'm walking through Williamsburg, Jewish gentleman will clock me that I am Jewish and asked me to do the to fill in, and that that just happened.
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, can I can I do it off?
Speaker 7: Can we?
Speaker 9: Can I do it after we you should do it in the frog suit?
Speaker 2: Can I do it?
Speaker 3: I'll do Can I do it after we're done?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I want to just finish up, but I'll do it afterwards. Uh oh, let me let me finish real quick and then we'll do it. Okay, okay, cool, Okay, what was the thing you wanted to you wanted to talk about? Drop the name of the thing we're in. We're in big postgame podcast right now. I'm gonna end this thing. It's been to here we go, Okay, hit us with the self promotion. So it's not for me, but it's for I guess it's not self promotion, hit us with the friend promotion.
Speaker 12: It's called Questions to Humanity and it is a coffee table book that has questions. This friend of mine went around the world and ask different people if they could ask humanity one question, what would they ask? And he took pictures of them and it's just a really interesting project.
Speaker 9: So you should check it out. And also I will drop my Instagram it is Rachel Himmel r A C H E L H I M M E L. This was fun.
Speaker 1: Rachel, nice to meet you. Thank you very much for talking to a gecko. This has been being a gecko in the park in real life.
Speaker 3: This was great. What a fun day talking of people.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this, uh it's over now go outside, go if you go leave, go go outside, touch some touch some grad do something with your life or not. You don't have to You don't ever have to do anything. Subscribe or don't do something or don't do something. Ghak Bless you all, thanks for watching. I'll see you again at another time and place on the internet or in the afterlife.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bye everyone, Thank you very much for watching