Speaker 1: And this Drinks Chess Motherfucker podcast. Make He's a legendsary Queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer, put up as d J e f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink Chans mo DS New Year CST. It's time for drink Champions, Drink up mother.
Speaker 1: Would a good be hoping he's would should be this your Boy and r E.
Speaker 2: What's going on as d J e f N and.
Speaker 1: This Minitepia Crazy World podcast make some right now, right now, the brother were about to interview. He's living, He's on his third life. He's written, one of the most hottest rappers out there, one of the most acclaimed producers out there, and now he's really the hip hop Denzel Washington out this morning flip. But he's in everything. His smile, he's looking younger, he's doing better. He's driving for Rari's now. He waited a long time driving Roxx the Lamborghini's and Live's got the best life and he doing it. They say the black of the Barry, that's reading the juice of Americans. We are out here. This man deserves his accolades, he deserves his flowers. He's an I car, he's a legend, he's a friend of the show, a friend of his family, family, and we're gonna give him his motherfucker flowers to day. In case you don't know what we're talking about, we talking about the one so David David Bannon, right for a kid coming from Mississippi, Right, because traditionally there was hip hop cities at one point, right, Atlanta became a hip hop city if it wasn't from one Miami, but you would be like the first hip hop rapper coming from Mississippi. Right, No, it was it was before man.
Speaker 2: It was, it was. It was a lot of it was actually a lot of people before me, man, wildlife society Okay, okay, yeah, it was out there. You know, Hammer had a group that was from Mississippi. Really yeah, yeah, bro. And it's like, you know, the thing that I'll say is that I was just the culmination of all the sacrifices and not just other rappers with the blues, you know what I'm saying. And I'll never take all the credit. One thing that people never noticed about me is that if y'all noticed, I never really talked about my city where I was from, because I wanted to hold state of Mississippi until we got a scene. I didn't want people to think because we were from the capitol, we were from the city, you know, in Mississippi, that I would ever leave anybody out. I never wanted people to feel the way that hip hop made me feel at one time. And that's one of the that's one of the reasons why I had the type of respect that I have for you too, because a lot of people don't know this, bro. Did you know that Nori was the first person in history to buy David bannerbeet And do you know do you remember who it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was Little Brothers Group, you know what I'm saying. And so for us to still be here, man with our gray Beard, if you do have a just so you know, yeah, you know. And so what I always try to do is let people know that there's a strong and there's a great history in Mississippi. And I actually was bestow one of the greatest greatest honors of all time I'm in the Mississippi Music Hall of Fame, right in between BB King and elms Bro And I don't know if I'm still but I think I'm the youngest to ever get that honor. In front of the Civil Rights Museum in Jackson, Mississippi, I'm on a mural and y'all, I gotta tell y'all. Gonn tell you all the quick story. Man, it actually runs chills through my heart. I thought my basketball coach in high school hated me, right, he was so mean to me. And one day he brought me into the classroom after school, and I didn't know he was like into the Black Power movement a whole lot. I guess he never let us know, let the kids know. So he brought out all of these pictures and stuff, and he was like, lavel I had a dream that one day I saw you on a mural between you and Malcolm X. Right, I ended up being on a mural between some of the greatest mississipp people in history, and everybody on this mural in mississippi's dead. I'm the only one that's on that mural that's still alive. And so I called him the morning the teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, the coup.
Speaker 2: He died the morning that I found out about the mural. I called him at like seven o'clock in the morning. He had died at five a m. And I was calling him to tell to tell him that his dream came true. It wasn't Malcolm, and it wasn't Malcolm and Martin, but it was Mega evers and you're doing wealth. You know what I'm saying. But what that, what that showed me is that God is always on time, man, and for us now to be you know, I ran with Norrid this morning and for us, you know, for me to know that the young Norrid, what we used to do, you know, when I was homeless in New York, sleeping on Windy Day's floor, for us to be here, bro, and I even think about me and your relationship.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. Every time you were a few people, every time you called me for a feature, I always just did it. I don't care whether it was rock and oh well whatever kind of music. You just always called me, Bro. I would always say, yeah. So for us to be here, man's testing the gods.
Speaker 1: Like okay, okay, okay, people, Oh you got the baby book?
Speaker 3: This flot this is one time I come. This is from the Manners vision. Okay, good lad, good lover, ready wrought your shoes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was right. No man, then I got the.
Speaker 5: Jacket to go this too, and the shirt. Yeah yeah, we got we got money.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Put you to the side. So let me ask you because I seen you in the breakfast club and you said one of the most interesting things I ever heard. You said you didn't see your father smile or no, no, that you smiled. You said that you didn't smile because you came in the house one day and your father you smiling, and he was like, what are you so happy about? And I promise you, guys, I don't work for this movie. But this is a movie called Race, right, so on Netflix it's about Jesse Owens. I'm gonna get it to this run.
Speaker 2: Instance.
Speaker 1: I've be watching all the shit now and I remember Jesse Owen's father being a figure just like that, like he didn't smile the whole time. And I started to think of the people in my neighborhood who actually did have fathers, and most of the black fathers were like you said your high school coach was. They were kind of mean, but they were trying to teach us structure, and we didn't understand that was there like that in your household.
Speaker 2: First of all, I want to I'm glad ask you asked me that question because I want to take up for my father, because my father got flat when I said so. I didn't realize until about four years ago. I thought my dad was the meanest motherfucker on the planet. But my dad got beat with a bull whip when he was young. My dad grew up on a farm, right, So sorry what they and so if you think about it in comparison to his life, he was softened on me. So I just thought he was this brooding, just mean monster. But what I figured out was was that my dad knew what black men had to go through in and so he can coddle me if he want to, and then put me out in the streets in Jackson, Mississippi, and I get ate the fuck up, right, So what my dad did was prepared his son. And all of these motherfuckers that criticized my father, look at who I am now, look at what I am now. So how would you change anything about you know, I see black folks and always trying to adjust our culture, always trying to go into our future. That shit ain't working. That shit ain't working with our kids. And then we always talk about the Bible. We say spare the rod and quicken the child to the grave. You can't spare the rod. And what's happening with our children is that we are taking the you take, you take. You don't take the pain out of your child's life. You take the danger out of your child's life. Y'all. They used to make me so upset because all my friends loved my father. He would laugh at them and play games with them and shit. And then as soon as I leave im like, dad, why are you laughing? My dad say, they make my motherfucking kids. I don't care what the fuck they do. They can the life that they want to make a shit sweet. This life ain't sweet, you know what I'm saying. And no, Lionori. I remember one time, and I want to tell the story for here because people may are not seeing the Brea Club. I was about ten years old and I walked into the house laughing. You know how kids are just happy. Kids just be happy, just for a second, being happy, you know, the sun shouting I'm happy. I walk in the house and my dad said, what the fuck you happy for? Why are you smiling? He said, I pay all the bills and I'm not happy, so what the fuck are you happy? And I stopped smiling. I abortion it, and I really didn't smile. To think think about the Daily round House, y'all didn't see me smiling. But also, people don't think about this, Jackson. Mississippi was the murder capital of the United States during that time, Bro, you know what I'm saying. And we were smaller town, so in other cities you could go a month or two without seeing your enemies where we from. Let me ask you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you because that was something that I brung up earlier before you came on the run. That was something I wanted to actually ask you about, because yeah, we knowed that that was the murder capital, but was that regularly infused or was that black on black like when it was the murder capit.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, bro, I don't The thing I tell people about Mississippi all the time is if I had to pick a white person on this earth to fuck with, it would be Mississippi white folks. Because Mississippi white folks, if they love you, they'll dit for you. If they hate you, they'll try to kill you. It's like these other cities like bro you know, yeah, you'd be around a white dude working with them, and then this motherfucker been stealing your pension. You eight years old and your money gone, and you thought that was the hommie. At least in Mississippi, a motherfucker. Like, there were lines. I even knew this from selling my CDs. There were lines in Mississippi, lines of demarcation where white kids didn't go past. If your music wasn't in certain stores past that line, they just wasn't going past that line. And if you saw white people pass that line, then you knew that they fucked with you. Okay, you know what I'm saying. So in Mississippi, like I really didn't deal with that racist shit that people were talking about. Motherfuckers. I heard the white boys in North Mississippi up close. You know, it was a little bit different. But where we were from, like black folks ran that ship. We ain't had no problems. We ain't had no problems with white folks at all. You know what I'm saying, Well, I didn't. I ain't never seen no clue close clan, like in guard you know what I'm saying, Because Black folks was about their ship. We had been through enough.
Speaker 1: But see him in Walmart. We're not probably see them all over. They were the closet.
Speaker 2: And but what I will say, man, is that I think what happened with Jackson Mississippi. You know, you had the you had the the migration lines, you know, through the Mississippi River and the trains. So we were so deeply connected and so deeply rooted in Chicago. So like you know, our parents who moved to Chicago, like me and my mother, were different. Most people didn't notice. Like my mother was born in Mississippi, raised in Chicago, and it was the exact opposite for me, you know.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: When somebody would get in trouble in Chicago, they would send him to their grandma. You know what I'm saying. Well, we wanted to see a better life, we would move up to Chicago, you know what I'm saying. Think about it, crazy, think about it, y'all.
Speaker 1: Had that sound first of Mississippi was looking at Chicago.
Speaker 2: If you've seen Centers, that's what the whole story was about. Don't tell him, Okay, y'all see it. Yeah, we got him coming. We gotta come. Ryan Google. Yeah, Ryan Google. We'll tell him in his next Mississippi movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody in Mississippi misspi. So let me ask you bouncing around all over the place.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Somebody said somebody was being funny earlier, and they was like, imagine David Banner with doctor Umar.
Speaker 2: Right, you have you ever met doctor being? Doctor Umar went on to speaking to her so loud it was called three k okay. Yeah, it was me, doctor Umar. And who else was it? It's so funny to me, man. And I'll say this. One of the things that I do dislike in Black power is that shit is almost like the rap game. Like I don't care what religion people believe in. I don't care how people believe that we can get the freedom. Let's just get the freedom. I don't think that Malcolm and Martin had to fucking compete with each other. Sometimes you need the guns, sometimes you need peace. Why can't we co mingle if we really want to see people free, Like, I don't give a fuck people's theories on how black people can be liberated. Black and brown people can be liberated. If we got a foot in. I ass, we got a foot in. I ass. You know what I'm saying. And if you look at white oppression, it comes by air, it comes through the ground, comes through the water. And that's what I'm saying. Look at the army, So why can't we have different facets of liberation? So I love what we all do. Man, I don't have no problem with nobody.
Speaker 1: Man, I like, I like doctor Umar, like be like, no most nobody. What did you think about that with Shannon? Did you hear hear what happened with Shannon?
Speaker 2: I don't really care who. Nobody fucking I think that's the lame and ship in the world. Man Like, bro, they look at the terrors and look at what's going on with I figured, this is so much shit that's going on in our communities. Man, I don't give a fuck who somebody's having sex with, like you know, And so for me, man like, for us to concentrate on that so much, and I do. I want to tell you all this, This is something that I was watching and it was led to my spirit for me to say to you all because I consider you too my friends. I don't consider too many motherfuckers my friends. Is you all got so successful so fast. Ask But the difference between you and you and other people and Wallow and Gilly are very similar. That you all controlled y'all power, you know, So they have us chasing numbers, and they have us chasing things that we never have to chase because you all are crude to your power on your own. So you don't have to get any more popular than you are. Just stay true to the people, because sometimes I see people once they get really famous, they don't know where else to go, so they start doing corny shit. They start doing shit that ain't in their spirit. Y'all are rooted in the people. Y'all are rooted in the coach Nory. Y'all talk about that this morning about you. This man called me. He don't never call me when it's time to make some money call me, nor say Benner, Norri Saint Benner. Wrap. The rap game needs a motherfucking union. We need to figure out. We sat on the phone for two and a half hours literally trying to figure out how we can get union right. And so bro, those are the types of things that we do. Hold on, man, let me see that you want. I ain't gonna poke one of these come on that I'm gonna take one. They don't know what I do. But y'all, just y'all state state stay routed. And what's powerful to you all?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You all came up with an idea, bro, even think about it, man, for you all to get some people to drink who may not drink. They can say some ship that they normally wouldn't say on TV.
Speaker 1: But that's but I love everything you just said, but I want to I want to let people who know who just party court your your speech speech.
Speaker 2: This is about giving people their.
Speaker 1: Flowers, man, Like, really, really, what it is is there's been people that me and EFN has been even more successful than we bowed out and we humble ourselves and we're giving people their flowers because in this game, if I sincerely believe if you was famous for two years, he was famous for three years, and especial let alone who we interview.
Speaker 2: If you're famous for ten years and you can.
Speaker 1: Still have a head on your shoulders, you really do deserve your flowers. You really, like I said this, I said this playing around and I named the record super Doug and I tested on this earlier. But like, if you've been famous in this rap game for ten years. You are a superhero. You're a version of it, you know what.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, And not just famous, and not just famous if you were a pioneer, especially someone that worked on the ground.
Speaker 2: We know those foundation when it was hard to get time to get off.
Speaker 1: Like I sincerely believe that this this is my therapy, you know what I'm saying. Like when I could give a person a flowers and tell them listen, man, I want to give it to you while you can smell them, your thoughts, while you could think them your drinks, while you could drink them.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because the thing with us, what we said is it's never going to take away from us for us to give people that just do you know what I mean? And that's what that's what hip hop is missing. That's what I think. This is a real special part of this. But crookedly, that's just let's start with that, right Me and you spoke about it earlier, but let's let the fans in. We have very similar Like I came out with the war report Corona nor Jega, then you guys came out with that. How what's the difference between when you when you're in the group and you when you're solo artists. What's that difference, man, it's.
Speaker 2: I'll just say this, man, it feels good when you had your brothers around you. You know, I was always the oldest brother, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I was always a trailblazer, man. But this ship ain't easy. People don't talk about the mental aspect of having to go through this ship. They never talk about the street ship we gotta go through. They never talk about the social implications. They never talk about the police, you know what I'm saying, especially what they was doing y'all during that time, hip hop police. What the hip hop police wasn't playing ship? Bro? I was with being ras Cascers with John Forte one night Bro and got helped up going to the Cheetah club.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. But the difference between being in the group, man, is that you know, you have somebody that you can go through this ship with because a lot of things we can't talk to people about. A lot of pressures we can't talk to people about. You know, even from a street perspective, bro, Men, you're talking about this North something as small ass. Well, we from there ain't no motherfucker all up on you, all close and shit back the fuck up. But you know, as you become famous and ship, everybody want to run up the dope. People don't make quick moves where I'm from, bro, like you make a quick move where I'm from. You dead, you feel me. So it's like even getting used to going from being the hunter to being the hunted, Like I wasn't used to that ship, right, And when you have a brother with you, that's dope. But then you also got to worry about if somebody else is late, you know what I'm saying, Or if somebody else gets sick, or something happens with his daughter and he ain't able to make it, or you know all of those different types of things, or if somebody doesn't see your vision. I used to get mad when people didn't see my vision, but that means I'm actually closer to God. If you can see what I see, then you not blessed. I'm not blessed because it's general knowledge. I've always been a man of vision, so I can't expect somebody else to see it. I can't expect somebody to jump on everything that I decided to do. But if in history I consistently show motherfuckers that I know what I'm doing, then I would think that people would have an internal fortitude to say, it's something special about that negro. We might need to follow him. So I just realized, you know, when I'm by myself, and I think I was a little bit different. You know, krit was a little bit different. He Payn was a little bit different. Not only was adult rapper, but I was also adult producer. So I didn't have to wait on nobody. I didn't have to wait on the producer if my producers start acting funny even in my company. Did you engineer your own ship too? For a while? Okay, while I have wanted a few people that can I can go in the studio by myself and do a whole about by myself. It may not be great because I'm doing everything, but I get the ship done. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: As a producer, Has there ever been a beat that you gave away as a producer that you wanted to keep as an artist?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, If I gave it away, I gave it away. It was done, and I got to be honest, and I want to say this in front of you. A lot of beats, did I want you to? I did. But there's two things I want to tell y'all about. So I think to y'all as a rapper has one of the best ears as a producer. No, no, as as as an artist period, like choosing beats. Like most people who can rap at the level that he can rap and usually don't pick beats. Well, I don't care who you talk about a favorite rapper that usually the beat is not usually jam. That's part of the problem. And so what I would do with Tip was I would go and play beats for till for him and have him pick it off the beat and I didn't even know it and it was funny. I just went to him recently it was like, bro, I want you. I want your ear on my next album. Bro, Like I really want him because he has such vision and so I don't know, something really special. But because I give you an example, when we did Rubber Band, Man, I'm a producer, I'm not a beat maker. Tip left and came back with that record being the way that it was so like the kids and all of that kind of stuff that was him. He added to it, Yeah, like he didn't add to the beat but the structure over. Yeah, because I produced records. I don't just do I just don't give a person the beat and they run off, you know. And that actually came from Snoop. Snoop is the person that turned me into a producer instead of a beat maker. Blessed. I was producing Snoop and I was just so happy to be producing Snoop. I didn't say ship, and Snoop said, come in here, nephew. She was like, you don't. He said, tell me what to do? And I say, if if I can tell you what to do, the rest of y'allbuckers can't tell me ship. He got that from Drake. Tell the motherfuckers you can do this. You can do the man. Fuck that Snoop say, I'm ship.
Speaker 1: But if you think about it, Snoop has kind of always been produced. I mean yeah, so he probably even if you didn't want to produce for him, he probably had to.
Speaker 2: Force you to do that, man. And so you know, from that point, bro, I just realized, like, I give y'all another story, and y'all gonna trip on this. And it's crazy because Beyonce just use like a pill in her tour. Man, y'all clapped for that ship take some im. It was was crazy. I was talking to my mom on the way coming over. I was like, Mom, would you ere the thought like a pimp would have been would be doing?
Speaker 1: Because you had to tell your mom what.
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: She knew, she knew. I mean, regardless of what people say Facebook is they hood. You know what I'm saying. But it's like a pimp on top of us. But the crazy thing is I didn't like like a pip. I really didn't. I picked that beat because little Flip, Little Flip was like what our bartered with you you give me two beats, I give you a verse. And so I gave him the two beats and I was like, well, I sample pimp sees voice, that's Texas, Texas. I know he'll like that. I just threw them beat real quick, and I said, I'll go and change the beat later. We made that song like twenty minutes brow In the last the last verse, we went back and forth, just like on some freestyle shit All and and broke.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was this DJ in Atlanta named DJ Will. I'll never forget this man, like, because you remember I had the little job record, might get your job bro, get you. We split and DJ Will heard that record, Bro, and he was like, this is your hit record. He was like, if you use this song, flip this from your A and B side. He said, you a big star bro in the next seven months and I switched that to my A side, bro, and it was history from there.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question that credibly only you could ask them and one a couple of other people.
Speaker 2: But what would life be like right now? Have been alive? Music would be different, life would be different. And I think that's the reason why some of the things happened to some of our heroes, because because the world would be different. Pop was alive, if MC were alive, it's just certain men, if Nipsey was still alive, bro, you know. And I don't know, man, it's crazy for me because Pempcy was my friend. That's what I'm asking Pemper Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So this is this This is a song called Chad right, Yeah, it's basically given give him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is this is a true story, bro. So pemp was real proud, you know, because I had gotten really sick and the reason why I lost all of the weight because the doctor said, you know, with me having high blood pressure sleep apnea and uh high blood pressure sleep apnea, I think I had like high cholesterol with all of that stuff. At the same time, He's like, you're gonna die. So so like I got with Scott Parker and ended up losing like bro like fifty six pounds in like three months.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 2: Me and PEMPC had gotten really tight. Speaking of like why he was losing the weight. No, that was that was That was before when when like a Pimp came out. You know, I told you all the story last time about how I used to write him in jail and we became real tight. Pimp was gonna move to LA and so and so like it was me, Juicy J his producers like we always gonna work on Pimp album. So I was in the studio out in LA and I had moved to LA and I got a call from Pimp. I started going to the studio early, so unlike most rappers when they go to the studio LA, I started going to the studio like ten in the morning so I could get out, you know, and have somewhat of a regular life. I was in the studio, I saw Pimp a call didn't pick up. That's just that's the homie now, and they like, oh, like, that's my homie. So I didn't pick up the call. When I got out the studio, I called and called in call. He didn't pick up, right. So two days later I heard he died in La Right, yeah, okay, I ended up picking up. I ended up listening to the voicemail after I heard he had died, and he was like, Banna, I'm a lax, Come pick me up. Don't come pick me up. Damn. Like, Bro, imagine what that does to a human being, because one thing that I don't do. I'm not like one of the cats who when I get in a certain position, I don't understand who my friends are. Like, although he was my friend, that's still pimp. Be clear, you know, Snoop is still Snoop to me. I'm still a fan of people that I look up to. But Bro, like that bothered me for a very very long time. Man that that you know, And people would ask me my opinion about how did I think he died? And I always tell people I don't give a fuck my hommie, did you know? I don't really that really don't matter to me. Bro, you know, so it would be a lot different. Pimp didn't take no shit. I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Every time I've been around him, it's always been fun like. He's always been like the laughingsight, like.
Speaker 2: Man, Banna, man, don't let you niggas know you bound Pep. It's so fucking funny. But Pip had a theory that if you let people know who you, the child in you and you're gonna have to hurt them because people will play with you. And Pim didn't let motherfuckers play with them. Better, don't let them niggas know you might be smart. That's people tell me that all the time. You're smart. Pemp would always tell me. He was like, Benner, you gotta you gotta take some time, bro, Like you're smart and your head. It's like it's gonna take time for the world to catch up to the ship that you own. He's a great motherfucker, bro. Yeah, I missing mother for rest in.
Speaker 1: So our show is about giving people their flowers. We want to give you your flowers. Uh yeah, I want to give you a flower. Yeah you know what I'm saying. You never got him from got your flowers? Yes, yes, So the unity play face to face man the man, and we started with.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hard, fuck y'all.
Speaker 1: Snoop said it's better than the Grammy because it comes for his people.
Speaker 6: And we gotta, we gotta really thank you because you came early to chapel And would you believe we just celebrated in March nine years of drink Champ going on to our tenth years while you was.
Speaker 2: Talking about it this morning, I don't know if if anybody's been on here more than me.
Speaker 1: Oh Jada kissing you and John Fat Joe, I think around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it. I'm honest. I remember before. This is your house.
Speaker 1: So let me let me just say this again. Yeah, I just want you to know you could come up here anytime you want to talk, anytime you want to speak politics, you want to speak anything. This is your house.
Speaker 2: You should know this song for people to know what you I want.
Speaker 1: You motherfuckers to know. If you see him, you see us not going for a week, and you see David been here days, we planned it, you know what.
Speaker 2: Might end up happening if you'll want to go home to break Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: So I've been I've been having so much fun watching you have so much fun living in this movie through star life flows, it just seems like, what, for lack of a better term, he my salution with the term, it's like I see I don't want to want to use the word reincarnated, but I see you like you're a whole different person. I can't know if I attribute that all to just the movies. Maybe it's mixed me in with the workout. But lately when I see you online and I see you, you know, promoting the movies and I see you, it's just a glowness of look that you have that it speaks happiness like that, I can see the ship, Like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Bro? This time last year, Bro, and count two years back, I went through the worst depression that I ever went through in my life. And motherfuckers really showed me. They ass, family, friends, music, industry, everything. They really showed me the ass. And God is so powerful, bro, because God laid the whole world out to me and showed me what the world was.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: And Bro, no boys shit, I talk about this man, y'all gonna be surprised. Bro. I call method man, and Method told me, Bro, he's like the only common denominator and everything you're going through is you. You can't make nobody buy your records, you can't make nobody put you in their movies, you can't do none of that shit. You can only change you. And I told him, Man, I was like, Bro, and what's funny? This is the funniest shit in the world. Meth didn't know me. Rock Wilder. I did a verse, you remember, Bro, I had just went on this this run while I was just fasting on, like right, and I did a verse on Eric Simon album and me and motherfucking rock Waller I got really, really tight. And it's so crazy because rock Waller seemed like he was from Mississippi. Because I said, Man, I'm doing a guidbox too, and I think I want a Method on record. He did some Mississippi shit. He was like, you want Meth on the record for real? Hung off in my motherfucking face. I was like, like, bro, fifteen minutes later, h go Method number. He said, call him tomorrow. So I called Method. Did the verse in the fucking day, Bro, And I asked Method. I said, Method, Man, why are you fucking with me like that? You don't know me? Method was like, man, I get on Twitter sometimes and black Twitter say protect David Ben. So we're going through that shit. And so then we gave you know, we would talk every now and then. So one day, man, I was seeing how happy he was on TV and how well he was doing. So I said, if God has blessed me to have people in my life like that, call him on some real shit. So I was just like, hey, Bro, I can't sleep dunk and met The said I went through the same shit. And he said, when I wasn't sleeping for two hours a night, nor wow and start fucking with my mind, I ain't gonna even bullishit you. And it's crazy because when I would go to the doctor, the doctor be like, Okay, yeah, yeah, you can't sleep. I see you in four months, motherfucker. I just told you I couldn't sleep, and you said you can't see me for another fucking for us as muns as I'm playing your blackcast shit. So Metter said, I couldn't sleep with either Banner and he said, so what I started doing is getting up going to the gym. He said, the gym in New York opening four thirty. And so Bro, when he told me that, Bro, I just start going to the gym every fucking day. Bro. Even if I was super depressed or whatever, I would just go sit in the fucking parking lot, but I wouldn't miss that fucking gym. There's a book called Atomic Habits, and dude said something so powerful in that motherfucking book. He said, even if you ain't gonna do but one pull up, do that one, because when you don't do that one, then that's when it starts with you now and ever. Right, so he said, even if you get on the tread meal for two seconds, just get on the fucking tread meal, broke, and no boy shit. I started going every day. I said, I don't care how fucking sad I am. I'm gonna get in this fucking gym. And then one day, Bro, it clicked to me, Bro that I am not gonna let nobody. I don't care if it's my mother, and I love my mother more than any of you motherfuckers on this planet. But I'm not even letting my mother take my happiness away. Bro, No boy shit, if a person doesn't have a good spirit, if they not own this ship, don't even want.
Speaker 1: You around me, bro, So let me ask you, do you think that by you working out you attracted these movie roles? Do you think do you think I mean I change the state of mind? Yeah, cout through that.
Speaker 2: Let me just be honest with you, brother, how one of the sexest motherfuckers. I'm just being honest with you. I mean, y'all don't have amox men and this bitch. I look. Also, did you see when we was running this morning? I started to go get reright there, but I'm like, no, I'm no, I'm seriously growing up. Like no bullshit.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: When I tell people that I'm the sexist motherfucker alive, is not because I'm popping shit. Is because we stay in that fucking gym.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: But I see how you was running to day. That's four years of training. Like METHI said, Bro, I can't expect the motherfucker to put me on their film, but I can be prepared when I walk in that fucking room. I can know my lines and look better than any of these motherfuckers on this fucking planet. And what it also does, bro, is it motivates the children, bro, to wanna be better man. So so what I decided to do, man, is not complain about the world, but work on me and me be better and no bullshit. Bro, you talked about it earlier. The reason why I started fucking with the ferraris and shit like that, it wasn't to pop. A lot of people do that and get in the opulence so they can show out in front of other poor people. That's not the reason why I do that. I do it because I've never done nothing for myself. Bro. Think about all the money that I made and I looked around and I didn't have shit. It's not about having any toys. But if everybody else in the world. I told somebody, I said, when I present it to the world a martyr, all black people brought me was death. When I presented to the world a fucking king, they brought me money. Jews gifts, opportunity. And I say this especially to our young ladies that's watching drink Champs. People treat you exactly how you treat yourself. If you treat yourself like shit, then other people gonna keep shitting on you. If you don't take shit, and all you put in your body is the best, all all you step into is the best, the best clothes, the best thing, then people are gonna treat you exactly how you treat yourself. I told the motherfucker this man. Then when they brought me, when they brought me to speak, I said, how you gonna How you're gonna offer me ten thousand dollars in my outfit is seven. I'm not borll shit. I'm serious. Look at me, Look at me, motherfucker. In order for me to come to your event, motherfucker, you're gonna at least out to double my outfit. So honestly, like bro, like I get paid the house, whether hip hop is selling or not. Bro, my lifestyle is a certain way. So don't call me if you don't have the bread. You know what I'm saying, And I'm serious, man. God loves us so much that whatever you say is true. If you say you a nigga, then you a nigga. If you're a god and you act like it, you that too. God wants the best for you. Life conspires to give you exactly what you want. But well, you don't notice. We don't notice what we say to ourselves. Nigga, I'm gonna die or not. I'm gonna die tonight. I'm gonna die tonight. That nigga did I'm a cast money millionaire. I'm a cash money millionaire. A cast money millionaire, you become a millionaire, they're millionaires. So I want opulence, bro, and I want peace and I want happiness. And one thing that I want to do for y'all, bro, I got I have some things that I'm doing on the technology side. And it's funny. I told Big Ticket this this morning when this shit happened for me, All y'all motherfuckers quit and we ain't that cool. I'm telling you when I do this shit that I do, all moham, y'all quit this shit we done for life, like bro, the stuff that I was so proud of myself last week and this is not on no cap shit bro, no week before last three of my phone calls were casual phone calls with billionaires. And if what they say, who you talk to and who you spend your time with, the ten major people around you are going in from show life where y'all motherfuckers better get ready. Then after that's.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something. And this is for me knowing you for twenty five years, and this is an outright question I want to know for myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you trust human beings. Do I trust human beings. I trust human beings to be human. I'll tell you all something, and this is serious. It's gonna shock a lot of people. One of the things that helped my depression is I don't hate anymore. I don't hate anybody on this planet anymore, other races of people who actually may deserve hate because of the things that they have historically done. What I realized is that there's a finite amount of energy in the universe, right, So there can't be any more energy created. Right, So if I give my energy to like thirty percent or let's say fifty percent or that to hate, and it may be justified hate, then you constrict the opportunity to have opulence, love, opportunity vision, Right. So what I started understanding is that if you know people have historically been a certain way, then why you keep going around the motherfucker? That's your fault. A lot of people got mad at me when I said, I told big Boy this, this is the best time in history for black and brown people, and people say, huh, I said, because these motherfuckers have shown you exactly who they are. And if we don't take care of ourselves with done. So now is the time in history for us to create our own shit, our own movies. It's time to let the fucking plantation go. And back in the day when I used to talk my shit, y'all be honest, most motherfuckers thought I was crazy. Some of y'all in here probably thought I was crazy too, that nigga crazy. And now that all this crazy shit is having it now, people are looking for solutions for the motherfuckers who were crazy. Bro. I know the albums that we made. I know the songs that we made. We were talking about this shit ten twelve years ago, right around eating absolutely, and this shit came true. So now it's time for us to get our farms. Bro. Now it may be time for us to move to Believe to Brazil. I got back from Bob, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's time for us to stop talking, bro and start moving acting. Yeah it Simmon's threatened me if I if I go to Balley and I don't go see him like you've got to do run queen. Oh that's fucking great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything you're saying. I keep thinking of Banner Vision, the brand. You know what I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I know you for for a long long time, right, and it always seemed like you got smarter with your section, like you know what I mean, Like it always felt like but it didn't feel like at one point you didn't trust the industry, particularly the industry. And that's why I labeled a human right now, because that has to come from has to come from somewhere, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Hip hop hurt my feelings. You're the culture.
Speaker 1: Think about that all day, but please explain that to the people who can't understand him.
Speaker 2: Hip hop hurt my feelings. That's deep, that's deep. Well, most people don't know about me, bro. I was a battle rapper, Like I was a battle rapper. I was a backpacker but living the life that I talked about later on, you know what I'm saying. And I had this love for hip hop and on every one of my every one of my albums, I would always and people never noticed this. I would always have a battle rap or a hip hop song or something giving homage back to like I always heard it. You know, we didn't know, you know what I'm saying. And I always lived by the rules, but hip hop really didn't give a fuck about me and really give a fuck about Mississippi? When did hip hop hurt you're feeling? And when I realized that this ship is imperialism. It's a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's imperial and it ain't personal though, person it ain't personal. That's deep in itself. Hold on, hold on because that's the two point question that you just answered that to to. Because one, that's exactly what it is. It's like, Yo, this is a business. This is called hip hop business called you know.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a difference between the business side of it and the culture site. You couldn't make the distinction. There is a distinction, Okay, I want to the monetizing of the music.
Speaker 1: I want to think that Kobe and us entered this for the love at first, but once we realized if it's business, we didn't want to get jokes better just being to make money out of what you look then, like he said, that's the other part of that, it's not personal.
Speaker 2: But the problem is is that I think what happened to hip hop in general or anything when it comes to people a culture, we do it by feelings because we're spiritual people. We never laid down the rules like I give you a great example, everybody want to talk about who's the goat? Who's the goat? How can you have a fucking goat when ain't no rules. If we're gonna say somebody is the go to basketball, then let's sit down at a table and say, Okay, how many championships you have to have? How much influence do you have on the culture, all of these different things. We have to have some rules because because if not, then it's emotional. And if it's emotional, then you could be constipated more generational or generation because if you notice when people talk about their ghats, they're really emotional about who they like when they were growing up. I stopped that shit.
Speaker 1: You know, my son, I can't speak about Lebron at all, like he takes a super personal like and I'm just like, I just I don't do it no more.
Speaker 2: And then for a person to not really talk about some of our greats who got ten rings, you know, eight nine, ten rings, you know, and you know, for us to to to talk about the goats and hip hop and nobody say rock him, no, no, oh, nobody nobody says scarface, like are you serious? Face? Come on, dude, you know, so I think part of the problem is is we have allowed other people, through their money, to have a say so on hip hop. You know one thing that I just finished speaking the AD week, and what I told them is I wish hip hop was the way that it used to be. Is you give me your fucking money, you shit the fuck down, I'm gonna make you a profit. Let me do what the fuck I do. We have We have allowed white people to become too comfortable in our culture. And this is something I mean, I guess that's the reason why y'all call it drinks. Because I'm gonna say something. I'm gonna say something that's really really One of the reasons why I stopped producing is because there was a young white A and R at one of these and I had already produced two number one hits for this label, right, and this white boy felt comfortable to comment about Southern rap music to me. Now, I probably would have took his notes on R and B. Maybe maybe, hey, community, maybe maybe his motherfucker felt called your day that you need to motherfucker, you better shut your motherfucking mouth and take these fucking credits. You don't know nothing about the shit, because because I may not have created. But I have something to do with this shit, you know what I'm saying. And the motherfucker's feeling titled. And it's because we allow people and you got too many negroes who will take the check and allow their black or brown skin to be used to use to manipulate other black and brown people. And I think that shit is white dog. People use culture, People use culture when it's most convenient to them, and I don't like that ship though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to do quick Time, Stan, let's do it cool. You want to play no game?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you never played QuickTime? I saw this. Here we go.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna ask We're gonna give you two. We're gonna ask you a question of.
Speaker 2: Two different This is hard, different topics, different people, different names. Yeah, you pick one.
Speaker 6: We're not drinking. We explain this horribly by the way, pick one. We're not drinking. If you don't pick or you say both, we drinking. And really what we want is just bring up.
Speaker 1: Names, give a story because celebrated motherfucking David. Like listen, man, you know, the show has got bigger and bigger and bigger, and we truly have a different audience, and we truly want to share this audience. What you You know what I mean, because you've been a part of each This is your audience, this is your audio. Yeah, so damn, what are you drinking? This is another Mamma, you got a fan.
Speaker 7: I'm probably one the plastic like yo, still the gime I'm brought you. I forgot that brought this through.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, damn, people got a motherfucker mama.
Speaker 6: Remember he brought it through the last Yeah, I forgot alright, Ready, Tupac at easy any stories or any thoughts.
Speaker 2: Bro, It's it's so crazy about pop pop. And I'm being very honest with you, Bro. I don't like the fans stuff a lot. But I really found that I missed how brilliant, brilliant Biggie was because of pop. Like I was such a fucking Tupac fan that I listened to Biggie, but I didn't absorb b because I was such a fucking pop fan, bro, And I didn't know either one of them. You know what I'm saying. And I tell I tell both, I tell everybody this man. Usually, and I'm not saying this is the case. Usually the person that you like musically usually be the asshole usually, you know, and we get connected and America is doing this now. Bro, I'm watching which this trump shit. Bro, just because you like somebody or you like their music, don't mean that they right and the stuff that they do is right. We got to get back to what our grandmother's taught us. Like if you're wrong, motherfucker. I don't care that your beats Jammy back in the day. Bro, just because you had money with spind Up, your money, motherfucker, but you ain't cool. You steal the fucking lane, you know. So for me, Bro, I really suicidal Thoughts from Biggie was was one of my favorite songs, bro from him, and I would listen to that a lot. But I really miss the opportunity to enjoy, you know, Bigg's artistry because I was such a big Tupac fan. I think Tupac transcended hip hop and not many people can say that. I think he had a bigger calling on his life. And he wasn't a perfect man, none of us are perfect, but I think the calling on his spirit was so big, and that's you know, we talked about him c you know, imagine that Park was still a love a lot of these rappers wouldn't be rappy crazy you know, so you picked it's easy picked big quit or currency crit I think Create is one of the dopest artists ever walked this planet. Chriss dope. We need them on dream Changs.
Speaker 1: They bought m J. G or A three six months heads.
Speaker 2: Oh we're not drinking. Were n You know you're saying both. I'm saying both both. Oh come on, yeah, he got a shot glass, he got the chockglass. She put a shot for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want this one.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I know where he gonna go, but I want this one. Clan or the Dungeon.
Speaker 2: Family, Dungeon family.
Speaker 1: See, are you voting with heart? Because that's one thing. Y'all South more protected. You're very protective of yourself ship. I ain't gonna let New York niggas not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's true. It's true. It's true, iss true. But let me tell you this. Let me let me tell you this, and this is very important to me.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I think Rico Wade's family and the Dungeon families absolutely, yeah, bro, they should be They should be billionaires. The closest Absol helped shape Atlanta in general, the South as a whole think about think about what Atlanta turned into and how big the Dungeon Family was a part of that.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know, for me, the Dungeon family and I am a wool Tang fanatic, be clear, and I'm from the South, bro, But Goodie Mob stopped me from going down that wrong road when I was thinking about because I've always been blessed with both sides, the intelligent school, the streets, rap like, I've always had all of those things around me. When I heard soul Food and they used to be in something that was called a robbing crew. A couple of them dudes used to go around robbing parties.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: And for me to hear some dudes that were really thorough for real, For me to hear some of Kool Joe's stories like what I heard about him, bro, and for him to talk the shit that he talked about spiritually, Bro, it changed my life.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Like people can say what the fuck they want to bro out cast Andre three thousand, to me is the best rapper who have ever touched this planet. Don't give a fuck? Would nobody say, And I'll say it because he don't really even care about the shit. Imagine me thinking the motherfucker. Andre said the hardest shit any rapper has ever said in history. He said, I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she said alive. Didn't even rhyme. He has the child what she wanted to be when she grows up, and she said, alive. What the fuck? So for me? Bro, Like being from the South, we didn't have the Yankee hats to hide behind, We didn't have to mix to hide around. We didn't have fucking hoods and shit like that to hide around. Bro. We had to fight slavery. We had to fight the motherfucking Confederate flag. We had. We had to fight, you know, biggie ass motherfuckers in hip hop and nor The reason why, the reason why I'm so surprised about you, because you was one of the few motherfuckers when them niggas was hating on us.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 2: You know how Wench sag hat No, no, them niggas was hating on us. You can't forget that he knew he was the fucker one of the only motherfucker dog.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: So so so you understand the imperialism. And I don't even go even further since I've been drinking shit, shit dog. They wouldn't give it to Redman and he was right across the fucking bridge. They wouldn't give it to fucking black Throat until he rapped fifteen fucking minutes straight. They wouldn't give it to Common, They wouldn't give it to motherfucker Andre three thoughts. You know who they is, right, Yeah, they wouldn't give it to the West Coast until they stumped on building so Bro. That same imperialism, the same racism that they talk about, it reared its head in hip hop. But people are not men enough. And I will say this, Nord, and I mean it's because I love hip hop and I looked up to these niggas. Bro. All they had to do was show love. Bro. Bro, If they showed love, it was still because think about it, bro, we don't even put our heroes in songs, but we would always go and get Slick Rick. We will always go get KRS one. We will always find the New York motherfuckers that we had. We won't even bro, I'm telling you, bro, we won't even put our own We don't put tea love, we don't put a ball, like, why don't we put our own heroes the same way that we respect and revere other people. Bro. So for me like it would be a discredit to my people in the South, and for me to be in the forefront like you said that I am. For me to say anybody but the people that changed my fucking life, homie to the day that I die. Bro Dungeon family changed my life, Bro, and I ride for them niggas if they like me or not, Bro, because they changed the South. They changed and and them niggas was so hip hop. I'll give you a great example. Watch someone talking to my shit. You know this as a DJ. They may not want me to tell this, but you remember the remix uh, the outcast remix of Southern player Listic. I was already right. So that's the same sample from Mad Props. Because people don't know that I was a battle rapper. I'm a hip hop head from the youngsters. But they just took and put a piano over it, dumm dumn and with me because I'm a producer, I could hear the sample and the phantom noise from the headphones. I was like the motherfucker's and geniuses they took. They took fucking hip hop and put mud on it, bro, and I'll tell you something. I gotta give a big shout out. The Big Daddy came. I played the godbox too for Big Daddy came, because I didn't know whether I wanted to put it out or not. And Big Daddy came called me back and said, David Banner, this is Southern hip hop. It's not people from the South trying to sound like they're from New York. He said, Bro, this is what southern hip hop is supposed to sound like. Because I remember telling cars one one time, Bro, I said that I really do got a Cadillac on twenty two's my homeboys did really sell dope. So my hip hop, if hip hop is really truly a life experience, it's just what you live in life, and our lifestyles are not the same.
Speaker 6: Kodak Black or twenty one Savage twenty one Savage Ghetto Boys are UGK never answered that question.
Speaker 2: We drinking drinking. We drink twice on that one.
Speaker 6: Okay Dead Present Black Star, ooh.
Speaker 1: The shot, m m hm hm. I'm trying to see what would I picked.
Speaker 2: Florida too, man, I mean, shut up, listen, I gotta go dead. That's a tough one. I gotta go there. Okay, I like this one. It's funny. Let me finish that funny because me and ty Lib but really really tight. And me and ty Lib are really really tight. And as of lately, I can't call him most death no more. Hay y're seen as that verse that he did on some of the last verses I've been hearing from him. He's stupid, Bro, He's stupid. But for the culture, Bro, I gotta stick to it. Yeah, shout out to stick and And this is one I always love. N W A public enemy. It's been Wu tang and twisted. Now n W A.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rap City or YO and TV raps, rap City, Black Thought or nas.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not asking. Come on, Okay, I guess come on, let's.
Speaker 4: Go Yeah, cast some water, Yeah, O d B or biz MARKI, I love this one, resting piece of.
Speaker 8: Both biz MARKI, okay, Okay. Michael Jackson or Prince Prince you got to meet, want to talk about that? I want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: I feel like we did we ever talk about it? All right? So, so so this is my thing about that for entertainment purposes, it's Michael Jackson all that for singles radio. But Prince, hands down is one of the most talented motherfuckers who have ever walked this planet. Everything. He played everything, and he was the youngest artist even when he was a teenager. He played every instrument on his record. He produced hisself. He's a fucking Jens advocated for ownership exactly, and he didn't need nobody else in the room but just him. You know, it's funny because all of my favorite artists are actually related. Prince's favorite artist is Curtis Mayfield. Andre three thousand favorite artists was Prince, So it's like all three of them. It was a line of the people who I've always yeah yeah, yeah, yeah so. But Prince, from an artist's perspective, just straight up getting in the studio by yourself. Nobody else is there. That's why I have such a deep respect for big crit I have such a deep respect for teeth haining, the people who are never really really talked about myself, who don't really need anybody because nory, I tell you something that I thought about, Bro, my career would have been so much bigger if I would have had like a and RS that I could listen to, that could really bring me beats because, like, think about it, all of my hits really came from some shit that I did. You know what I'm saying. That's the hardest fuck to do, bro, on that level all the time, because all vibing is is lining up with God. To even say, think about the Bible and how many people who are actually in the presence of God. When we say we vibing, that's when we zoning out and you actually in the presence of the most High. So even if you did that one time, think about it, like a pip could have been the only time that I ever was close to God. But I've done that. That's shit hard, bro.
Speaker 6: Like a man's gotta feel good, they gotta feel better than someone else producing, and you did everything yourself.
Speaker 2: I'd rather I don't give a fuck whether it's somebody else write it, produce it. That hip hop shit, I'm telling you, Bro, Bro, we get so into that. I used to be into that shit, bro. But the real truth is, Bro, you got to get the record. I'll cry in my Lamborghini later on, you know what I'm saying. When I had that hit record, But like, Bro, you put yourself through so much emotionally, and you got to think our bodies that we don't These are the conversations we don't dive into. Bro. Our bodies are changing. Life is changing. You know. The time that we decide to do the album may not be the time that God wants us to do it, and so sometimes we for shit, that's just not there, y'all. When I'm happy and I'm healthy, I don't think it's too many motherfuckers on this planet that can fuck with me. But it's so hard to get in them spaces, in them places. Who next you gotta be on that frequency? Yeah? Analog or digital? Analogue? I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 1: E P. M. D or Gangstar. Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so not a drinks It would make you make people answer the ship, right, that's smart. No, I just say I don't want to answer that to drink.
Speaker 1: Let me take a drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, no, no, no a damn oh yeah, I drink. Okay, that's smart. Prinston, piece of Guru ship Forrell or Timberland for real. Well, let me say this the Neptunes together, Okay, let me be clear. Let me be clear, bro, there there is a soul that that Chad brought that people don't talk about enough. I missed the Neptunes. Yeah, you know, I missed that. You don't have to call era that almost that that that that synthetic soul, sixty soul that they used to do. Bro Like, I missed that ship, bro, Like, Yeah, I agree Forrell. Pharrell and the.
Speaker 9: Neptunes by far have influenced me a lot. Yeah, Yeah, that's yeah, that's dope me too. Soldier Boy, Bow Wow, Soldier Boy, Soldier Boy. Tell BB King or Bo Diddley BB King? You went fast now.
Speaker 2: Rock? Okay, all right, hold on, but I got to say this. It's crazy, Bro, I no care iris one. It's fire like he said he talked about being on a record. Bro, it was the craziest ship in the world. And they're still doing it at.
Speaker 1: Getting showed good, getting good shoes, getting good show man. I was so proud of my old g's. I see a couple of the office. I was like, Okay, they're getting it as they should.
Speaker 2: Bro. I was a fiend before I became a team of letting the microphone instead of closing ice can music orientated? Someone originated it like piece is a puzzle complicated because I grabbed the mic and trying to say yes to take it. They said it out too small, cool to get upset. I put a hold in the speaker, put the plug tonight. Yet he the reason why I wanted to wrap. Bro. I never heard no ship like that in my whole life, Bro.
Speaker 1: I got to experience something, sorry to cut in with, I got to experience something. We were in master pil office and Nas comes to me and he goes Eric being Rock Kim has a concerts like this, the first time they've been together in years. He's like, dude, do you think we're supposed to go?
Speaker 2: And I was like, are you leaving this ship up to me? Wait?
Speaker 1: He asked you should you guys like should we go? And me and Nas went to and this was the This was the best because this was like for me, this was like the student watching the master is still at work. And then when Rock him starts going into these certain records that I didn't know. I looked at Nas and Nas knew every word word for word. Yeah, he knew every word, and it made me say that like it was like the karate can't watch and I saw that, I guess, So I got to see that David Man like, like, first off, rock Kim and Eric b be great of getting together.
Speaker 2: No, no, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: But to see the other person that took over that lane and to see that he's still a fan, it was like so amazing to me. I love that shit so want to.
Speaker 2: Say something else. Throw some DS on That Bitch by Rich Boy. I think is my favorite most complete song. It used to be Luccini. Yeah, it just made me feel a certain kind of way. But I don't think we give our flowers to to to places and people who don't have the light from other people. Bro, that song has stood to test the time. You see Kendrick rapping over it right now. He's talking slick dope ship, a dope ass hug polo on the beat, and that bitch feels so good. That's yeah, that's a beat that I wish. That's why Boy made that was mine and that remix that they did for that one man came up to Scott with his fluid. It came crazy.
Speaker 1: That leads me to the next one. Kendrick or Drake Kendrick, you look like a Kendrick type of nigga, look like I ain't even man, you gonna lie, Like if I if I I guess what was in your playlist, I'll be like, Kendrick, what I would say that in a good way, That's what I.
Speaker 2: Would say though. What I will say though, is that Drake won my respect. You know, as far as music and putting hit rappers together. You gotta get that boy, it's fucking you. Got to give him his credit, like from being able to market itself and create at the level consistently as he did.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: And I'm a rapper, rapper, and I was like, Nah, that shit, dope, that motherfucker raped.
Speaker 1: He's sing.
Speaker 2: He the complete package. You can't you can't deny that. It's just for me. What tips the scale for Kendrick to me is it's activism. And that's what tip the scales for me with pop. Right, If you can rap all that shit, cool, but kids dying, bro, Like we can talk all this party shit, that's cool. But racism is real. Colonialism is real. Motherfuckers is hurting, you know. And so for him to put thought into his music and for that to be something different and something deeper, bro like purpose, purpose, I have to give it to him. And what's crazy is artists like him as popular as he may be, the world really don't shed the light on him that he deserves. Think how big that song was, Bro, you should see him everywhere on everything the same way you heard it in the car marketing in America. Ship reflect that, but it doesn't for a reason. Even the tour is successful.
Speaker 1: It is right now, you're not really hearing about the tour for him a Dominican version of the Dominican people were saying the wrong version.
Speaker 2: Of what there was.
Speaker 1: They staying, what you said, that's hilarious. They translated it totally wrong, right, They redid his song and translated it wrong, and no one said nothing like, yes, yes, that's how big that that record is. I'm that serious.
Speaker 10: I get the record cash money or no limit drinking serious, shout out.
Speaker 1: That's why we gotta do the soft niggas shout shout out the Koe. They care not go against the South.
Speaker 2: I respect that.
Speaker 1: That's that's the though. Rick Rick Rosster T.
Speaker 2: I come on, Bro, Bro rubber Man.
Speaker 4: T.
Speaker 2: I In my music career. If there's anybody that I would say has always been a part of my life in some kind of way, it's been Tipped. Tip has been one of the few people in this music ship. Every time I call him, he show up. I'll tell you something that I wouldn't have said on nobody else's show. The last records I produced, I think it was on Dime Trap. I didn't charge Tip and about my motherfucking money. Them fucking Ferrari's costs a lot of money, and I didn't want to charge him because I just wanted him to be us, to be in the studios. It used to not be about money, because the real truth is if me and Tip or Tip and Tumb get in the studio by ourselves with none of these motherfucking distractions came down and stop us. Bro, that's like fucking Jay Jay and Jess Blaze getting in there with none of the money shit on their mind. And I told Tip brother, like, Bro, I didn't realize we hadn't been in the studio in ten years. I was like, Bro, let's just get back in. Bro. Fuck that money shit. And it ain't too many people that I say that about, Like, I don't really care about what he think about me, Like, he's always been an admirable man to me. He's always showed up for me whenever I needed for Mississippi, when when shit happened in Katrina, Chip got on the fucking radio and say, all you motherfucker's talking. Y'all got money to get a hood, some motherfucking money. Benna is trying to help his motherfucking people. Fuck y'all on the radio, raised thirty thousand and gave it to me. Just like that, Banner go, I know you're gonna do the right ship with him, Like Chip is one of the few people on this planet, bro who he he settled and cool with the good and the bad in his life. You know who's like that too? The ghost is like that. Styles styles P is like that styles Pol his life. Styles P called me one time. It's like Banners like, well, like I'd rather be on this positive ship, but if the nigga shit come on cool. Styles is the most amazing like me, Like he's like he styles out of place with me that he don't even know, Like Styles has done some ship for me. Bro that anyway, But Tip, Bro, I'll tell you all the story about Tip. He didn't know I was dating this girl that was on this move that he was on. He was in Africa shooting the movie, and she told me that he said somebody in the room said my name and they said. Tip just raised his head. He said, just want y'all to know it's my homie. Watch what the fuck the next thing come out your mouth and put his head back down. And it's not the ship that people say when you're around. It's the ship that they say when you don't know is right right? Exactly? Bro for a motherfucker. And I tell you another story. Tip was in the room with a bunch of diplomats. He don't even know that I know this, and they asked, Tip, who you go to when it's something that you want to know about. Somebody in that room told me he said, David Better. Tip know Obama. Tip knows some of the smartest people on the planet. For him to even save my name in that room too, yeah, yeah. So for me, Bro, like, I have so much admiration for what he stands for and what he is. And I also want to say this, I should have said this before that ship that happened with Tipping. The media, Black people didn't support him when he was going through some of the worst times in the media. Then we found out the ship that was said about him that wasn't true. That dude lost at man that that dude lost his place in Marble and black people didn't even come back and reinstate that dude lost millions. Bro, I forgot and we didn't hold him down. They took him out that fucking you know how heart it is, get black folks in marble, ducking serious.
Speaker 1: Did That's real?
Speaker 2: And we didn't even reinstate. We didn't even come back and say, dog, we're sorry. None of that ship, bro. And I looked at him and I told him that. He said, Man, I can't say that, So I said, there goes.
Speaker 1: We said, we got Tipped back over my homie suit man. He's always been a real one.
Speaker 2: To me. I can't even think of a time if I go to Atlanta without calling him. You know, hey, y'all wanna tell y'all something about Tip though, Chip one of the motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He ain't got no problems.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I remember one time I see it. Tip, Tip is, Tip is at peace with wherever he is in life. And to me, that's a real man. A real man isn't isn't the decisions that you make, it's do you bitch about it when what you did comes to the light. And I've never seen my homie. Bitch about ship ras cast are exhibit ras Cast, ras Cast. A lot of people don't know this, Bro, ras Cast, me and Rascast's roommates in New York for what.
Speaker 1: I got here, I never knew that nothing. That's my homie too.
Speaker 2: During the penalty, During the penalty, Yeah, that was my It used to be my roommate. Me and rascalst Are really really fucking time. And what's crazy is that people don't know Exhibit took ras cast place and Dre's unit. People don't think it. Said, I'm a historian when it comes to hip hop. You remember when ras cast left and came to New York? Who took a spot with Dre? That makes sense now, exhibit Yeah, And I was like, I saw all of that ship happened, Bro. Ras Cast has some tapes. Bro, when I was dusty and sleeping on the floor. Bro, when I looked at the camera and I told her, I said, Bro, one day, people don't have to pay me my just due matter of fact, matter fact. Wow, ras Cast was with us tonight. That the that the what I just tell y'all about, I've been drinking. Who did I just tell y'all about?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: The dude from the Foojies, no me and was with him that night, all right, And people don't know how many like historical l A groups that rass had rass casts had a hand and helping them getting the spot lyrics huge part of.
Speaker 1: That that l A underground scene and one of.
Speaker 2: The most intelligent. Do you know about his kids?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, just making sure cultures off the check Okay, mob Deep or m O p dammit? Far are we're doing better? Mob Deep? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Biggie a big punt, Biggie young dog or future.
Speaker 2: Okay? So ah hm. Paul wall all a little flipper flip good for obvious reasons, for obvious Yeah, Paul Waller is one of the Paul wall is one of the most genuine people on this planet. Paul wall seen me at one of the weakest times in my life and he's never talked about it. I got into a really bad fight. Uh, Paul wall was there? Wow? I punched a Yeah. I fought from the lobby all the way up. They were gonna call the police on him. My boys ripped the phone out of the dawn and I was so embarrassed. Right, didn't want Paul wall to see me that way, and Paul Wall never told nobody about that ship. Yeah like I yeah, Paul Wall see me at my worst, Paul Wallely. I apologized, Bro, I hate you saw that part of David band. He saw the old David man.
Speaker 1: Was taking a shot for that too. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You just made it.
Speaker 1: He just made it sentimental, like.
Speaker 2: He said. I mean, dog flip changed my life. Dug like, yeah, we're gonna talk about that for a lead to Yeah, yeah, hell all right, young we did that LA in Miami. Oh yeah, that one is you. I'm in Miami right now. Yeah, I take one. But let me tell you all this now. I'm in Miami. So that's the reason why I'm a drink. But l A, I do want to say something. LA changed my life. A lot of times we pray to God, you know, for success and the things that we want. L A showed me the type of love that they don't show many black young black men. I never told his story in my life. I was in the club in LA. This dude walked up behind me whispered in my ear, David, Beanna, we know you live here. We respect what you do for the people. And I never turned around because I got to sting if you lock eyes with motherfuckers. Done something else that happened to me. One time I was jogging past Tap Projects I used to stay in Harlem. People didn't know I stayed in Harlem for six years. Right down the street from Tap Projects, dude said the same thing, we know you in the hood, but you're good. I never looked back, kept jogging, but LA showed me like I didn't know the type of motherfuckers I was around in LA until I left LA, and them dudes looked after me. Them dudes showed me a certain amount of grace and love that they don't show most black men. And I don't know whether it was because of what I stand for. I know that it had something to do with God, and that was the reason why I say, sometimes God blesses you with protection instead of all the things that you think you need and you want. Bro Man, LA loved on me so fucking much. One of the biggest mistakes that I ever made in my career is I didn't know how much love I had in the Mexican community. As a matter of fact, we had this conversation today. I never wanted tattoos in my life. But mister Cartoon did all of my tattoos, and it was for a spiritual reason, you know. And I didn't even know about the funds. I didn't even know what he had tattooed on my back, you know what I'm saying. With Gotty and all of them, Goby took me over there, and that's a certain amount of there's a certain amount of culture that's on my back that's way bigger than what I knew. I didn't even know the responsibility that he put on my back. And so La has a place in my heart. Bro The Bay Area has a place in my heart. When my career went down. You know a lot of people like to think it was the South, but you know, the Bay Area put me back on when stuff got like play got broke in the Bay besides Jackson like me break a lot of records, broke that record like like, I'm just being honest with you, you know. And so my love for the West Coast and what they did for me and we got our independent hustle from them, you know what I'm saying. Motherfucker's talking all this with everybody smoking weed and all that kind of shit. But they made that shit popular. And so for me, what I went through in La, my transformation is acting shit.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That shit was all in LA, and I love LA and I appreciate LA.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you remember I checked you when you were in the studio in LA. I was visiting my family out there and then I hit you and you was like, yo, come through. I think it was in the studio city and I want to checked you out and you had your whole setup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, l A l A was good. And you gotta think I was a black man with a Bentley in LA with a hit song with Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: I was not you're gonna do this last that, You're gonna into the back, into the interview. This is I'm not gonna lead the witness.
Speaker 2: Don't lead the witness.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lead the witness. Loyalty or respect ye respect, respect by far?
Speaker 2: If if if I say loyalty, then I leave it on you. Fuck that. I'd rather motherfucker fear me. Motherfuckers need to be clear. This kind David Banner, This at peace, David Banner. I am much more dangerous than I was when I was popping ship. All that tough ship is fear. If you a killer, all you gotta do is killed. Yeah. You never ever in your life have ever ever seen a campo master mad out of control. All I gotta do is break your fucking face. Like, bro, at the end of the day, dog, like I be wanting to tell people like, I always got my pistol on me, always got my pistol on me. And sometimes I remember telling the dude this one time, Dog, I love you more than you love yourself because you don't know how close you are to it. Like there's something awful about me. Dog, I just happen to love people so much.
Speaker 6: Bro, But.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't like like I was telling my publicist this. I was telling Sidney this.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: They have a problem because I pop off. They don't give a fuck. But I told her, I was like, the only time you ever have problems with me is when somebody's mistreating black people. You ain't never seen me get mad about shit, but the liberation of black people, that's the only fucking thing I get mad about. We knew fuckers was sucking usself with Nori because me and you talked about it. We let that ship slide. I let everything slide. But when they mistreat weak people, that's the only thing that makes me mad. Nigga, you got all the fucking muscles, and you want to pick on the little kid. You want to pick on a defenseless woman. You a pussy. That's the ship I don't like. Bro, That's the only thing that drives me. Bro Like, I don't fuck with nobody, dog, I don't beg from nobody. I don't borrow from nobody. That's the only thing that drives me and make me mad. Shouldn't nobody had nothing to do say about David Banner because I have never, ever in my life tried to intentionally fuck over nobody. You know, if I fucked your mom, I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: I didn't know that was your mom's mom.
Speaker 2: I did, so let me ask.
Speaker 1: So after penalty the cooked letters, you went to your solo career, and then it was with Steve Rifkin correct s r C r C was sr C or was it r C s r C? So that's after the loud regiment.
Speaker 2: Correct I was the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I popped off. He popped I remember I met him right at that moment. Right, So let us know, let us describe to us people wasn't around that transition from Penalty Records, which was a super independent who had distribution through Tommy Boy, but it was still independent and they were they were Penny Pension and now you got one of the hottest labels. This guy popped off Tang Clan, but he's in a transition to sr C. Was an experiment and that.
Speaker 2: Was the big budget you remember, Bro, Tommy Boy at that time had just about everybody that ended up popping. Remember, was not by.
Speaker 1: Nature over there, you know, that was Rackhem.
Speaker 2: That was before we Bu Tang. Think about that. Car Dan was over there was over there with it supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be on Penalty but they had not Nature, they had Queen Latifa, they had Bro.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of what Little John was over at Tommy Boy. Do you remember the Lyrical Giants, which had a lot of TV about Little John was producing the Lyrical Giants. What you said, it was a lot going on over there at the time, brou And that's what I'm saying, Bro, Like we were around a lot of fucking dope ship at the time. And that's the reason, man, no bullshit. Bro. I have love, respect and admiration that I have for you, Bro, because.
Speaker 1: Hold, because I want to get to this SR thing because my bad, my back. I apologize. This is about you, because now this is a label low it was the hottest label. But he started his own independent s r C. I believe that stand for Steve Rifkin Company, which is what he had before. For I think, Lord, actually, where where are you? Where are you staying with this? How does this? How does this deal come about?
Speaker 2: All right? You want those story stories? Yeah? I mean all right, so I want for my own. So this is the crazy shit right I had. And for people who are in the music industry, they understand this. I had eight hundred spins on the radio with like a pimp, and most of the people on Universal didn't have eight hundred spins. And I was sleeping in the van. I was literally homeless. I built the studio in my own van, like I went to Walmart and got a converter and literally like built since since people didn't want to go with me, I built. If you listen to Mississippi the album the ter Lose, you can hit a wind because literally I had a mic, literally a mic in between my legs, steering wheel here and I was driving.
Speaker 1: I had driving and spinning on the market.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I was. I asked DJ from the Moon as DJ Dude, no boyshit. That's why I tell these kids ain't no fucking I built a studio in my fucking band. Bro, go back and listen to the motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You ain't hear me.
Speaker 2: So so so motherfuckers couldn't understand, like how this dusty motherfucker in Mississippi got all of these spins right. The reason why I went with Steve Rifkins was because that white boy got some gumptionh Bro. I went out to La. Everybody was coming at me, Bro, and Steve Rifkins said, Bro, I'm not letting you out this door. I never saw no white boy that like. He literally got in front of the door and said, you're not going home till we finished talking. And I'm like, what fuck. If you don't get out the you're gonna have a problem. That Steve has always been hard nos, Like if some ship popped off, Steve going, and whether he whooping, the motherfucker asked and he couldn't whoop Steve's fucking going. Steve is one of the white boys that you fight and you can whoop the shit out of man. He's still gonna scratch over.
Speaker 6: The big.
Speaker 2: And Steve had always been that way. And what's funny about Steve. Steve never knew the respect and the admiration that I had from him. I did a freestyle one time and I said, it's Steve Rifkin, stiff a nigga. Then I'm back on the block. He thought I was dissing him, and I was just saying, if Steve Rifkin decide he don't want to fuck with me, and then I got to go back to the ship I used to do. And he thought I was dissing him. No, dog, like you changed my life, I changed your life. The only problem that I have with these companies is that, Bro, I I was the one that fused your company. I know that it don't say it in the contracts. That's not worth anything.
Speaker 1: Bro, you just sold you al for his depth Jay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just sold your company like, Bro, send me another Ferrari hommy, Like that's.
Speaker 1: How I do.
Speaker 2: Like, no bullshit I did. I just finished well. Two years ago, I finished a really big fundraiser for this really big company, and I made so much money. I doubled their profits, right, and they were not expecting it, and they gave me a big bonus. I had like one hundred and twenty people on my staff. I gave you like fifty sixty people a bonus out of my money because I made so much fucking money for doing a good job. And I remember my little hommy that I pulled out the streets. I gave him a nice little check and he was like, Banner, I ain't even do nothing. I was like, well, bro, you were here when shit was bad. I'm giving you back paid. But when you did shit and it wasn't successful, And he was like, damn, ain't nobody ever did that before. I don't know if that's in their spirit to do, but that's all I ever wanted from Steve. Like, Bro, like we did some ship that didn't nobody do, and we came from the bottom, homye, Like, just you know, we didn't we didn't have Wu Tang's success. But without the David Banner you would have never got to the a.
Speaker 1: You guys ushered a whole Yeah, yeah, you know, but but but the.
Speaker 2: Thing is, Bro, is if Steve means the world to me, Steve came to Mississippi, he Steve got in the trenches. Steve did some ship that a lot of motherfuckers that looked just like me wouldn't. Dude, Like, if if there was a if there was a white boy in the industry that I would fuck with to this day, it would be Steve Riskin, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I think to give credit to other people in that in that era, to shout out to TJ and TJ's DJs that was very instrumental in that era of helping break a lot of artists.
Speaker 2: Man from out here. Hold on, I want to give a shout out to somebody. I never knew this, and well, yeah, I never knew this. Dante Ross actually was the person that brought me to Steve's attention, and Dante Ross was hot, and I was like, Bro, I never knew that. You told I was, I didn't know, And so I'd like to shout him out because I heard he was the one that you know, and he didn't get anything from the situation. You might had nothing to do with me, but I heard that years later. So shout out to Dante Ross. I thank you, bro, And.
Speaker 1: Eventually you went to Atlantic Records.
Speaker 2: Correct, No, I just produced Thug Holiday and Rubber Band Man and all that I never went and I was to Steve Ricketts. So I'll tell you a secret that people don't know. I was independent fifteen years before people ever knew I was independent. And one of the reasons why I do have respect for Steve is I went to Steve one day and told Steve Eve, like, bro, I want to be you. I can't be you signing you. He said, are you sure David Ben I said yeah. He let me go back the next day. And so what I did was was when I remember one time I had four videos on MTV. A lot of people didn't notice, but I hired my own radio promoters, I hired my own video promoters, and I just never told people that I was independent. I just kept putting Universal on the sheet and they kept and I kept getting for like ten years. Bro, I was getting all of this fun, all these fucking accolades, and nobody ever knew I was independent fifteen years before people ever knew. And Universal wasn't tripping because they were getting the props for David Back was signing other artists because they were like, well yeah, And so I kept putting that on the call sheeting and people kept, yeah, that's fine, that's what man.
Speaker 1: I asked you this earlier. If you had to pick one profession from the beginning, acting, producing or being an artist from what you know now. If you can start from the beginning with all the information that you know now, and and and God says you're going to pick one, what would you pick.
Speaker 2: Let's take a drink, because God didn't say that that's the Let me tell you all this. It used to be a curse to me that I could do so much stuff because think about this, be honest, when I was close to being one of the top Southern rappers, right, I'll go and produce. When I started moving to that Timberlin in for real level of getting close to the Little John level, and I would go off and do activism, and I would go off and do speaking. Then the pandemic happened, and you got to think what rappers went through. I didn't have to go through that because I could go speak, I could go do movies, so like, I never really had to be into what other rappers been had to been to because I was getting money from so many different places. But the problem was I never became a I never became respected as a genius on any level, because every time I would get close to the top, I would shift something else.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So now I just talked to AD Week this week in Miami, and that was one of the things that I talked about, is like when it comes to corporations and when I do the things that I do because a lot of people don't even know.
Speaker 6: This, Bro.
Speaker 2: I produced the second biggest Gatorade commercial in history ever, Bro, And it was funny. This really happened in real life. Jimmy Smith, who was working at Shia Day at the time, the heads of Pepsicle was in the room. He walked in and say, this little motherfucker know what he doing, y'all leave him alone and let him do what he do best. He know what he's doing. David better, let's go. He's all these big billionaire motherfuckers. We walked right outside the room. The motherfucker looked at me and said, you better know what you're doing. And I never have produced a commercial in my fucking life. And it ended up my first commercial was the second biggest commercial ever in history. Bro. So what I tell you is that, Bro, like, instead of saying which one would I pick? I think that would be spitting in God's face. Be thankful to God that I can do it at such a high level. One thing that people don't know is when I shot when I shot Family Business New Orleans, and I was shooting Family Business New Orleans and Fight Night at the same exact time. Bro, I was shooting two major TV shows at the same time, coming out of my pression. Bro, people don't talk about that ship. Some motherfuckers can't do well with one show. I was shooting two shows, Bro, working on Jill Scott's album. You know what I'm saying, fucking speaking at the same time, doing tacos and tequila tour. Bro, Like, that shit ain't human. And that's the one thing that I want to tell people, Bro, when they look at us, Dog, y'all are fucking fathers. Bro, y'all running this ship. You're still trying to run your own business. Fucking juicy, Bro. I saw the other one, said.
Speaker 1: The other.
Speaker 2: I got you, and Bro Like, even though I do it, Bro, it ain't fair. I try to tell my staff that, Bro.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm in the middle of we did run Champs, we did drink Champs. I got the f one ship going on. I had to speak at what was the ship. I spoke at ad week, and then audition came in. I gotta learn all these fucking lines, find a place to do my audition. But that's just not human. And although I do it, people didn't understand.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: For ten years straight, I did activism at the highest level.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I produced at the highest level. I acted at a high level. Not at the highest level, but I'm getting better. I wrapped at the highest level, Bro, and still stayed a good human being.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you, that's that was something deep as you said right there, you still audition. Oh yeah, so what does that mean for a person? You have the role, but you have to prove that you can hold your trying.
Speaker 2: Out for the role. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they're offering you the role.
Speaker 2: No, Bro, it's if I audition, it's for some bigger shit. You know what I'm saying. It's for some shit that's worth auditioning. And then the other thing is also for me, is a lot of times we get beside ourselves and I had to learn that in advertisement, Like as big as I may have been at the time, that ain't shited to a multi billion dollar company like BRO. I got to get in there and I gotta show up and show out. One of the things that made my company so big and people didn't know how I was able to sustain so much money is because I would turn my shit in two weeks early. No artist has ever done that. Nobody has ever done that, And it's because I knew, Bro, I'm gonna show y'all this, cameras get close to this. When I was doing Mercedes Bens, I was also working on a movie. I decided to ride my bike to the studio shout out to Hector, and it was twenty miles. I rode nineteen miles, flipped and broke my arm in half. But I was producing a commercial for Mercedes Bens. Mexican dude, bro, it was funny. He was like, damn Houns, you fucked up, and he took his He took my backpack off my back and he McGuire a splint and he made my backpack into his splint and put my fucking and it was funny. I broke my arm so bad that it was actually short. It broke in half. It was so funny because I had a Jewish doctor and he cursed when I walked in he saw my arm. He was like what the fuck they had never seen He said he only seen one break that bad in his life. It was a girl who was in a jeep and a jeep and and I ended I ended up staying finishing the commercial and having surgery the next day. And people was like why. I was like, because they don't want to see black people make this kind of money. I knew that although I had broke my arm, if I didn't turn that commercial in in time, they would find a way to say that I was lazy or that I didn't do my work, you know how they do us. And everybody asked me, like, why did you do that? I said, because I made ano money that I could have bought a RoboCop on.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Did I answer your question? That was fine?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take a people and you know, you know, I know you've been to see Dave Chappelle. Yeah, and was it Ohio?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 1: And with something that I learned, right, So we were trying to like go there and just hold ourselves down. You know, we didn't want nothing from Dave. We just wanted to get the interview and kind of like leave. And as we landed, we couldn't do nothing without Dave Chappelle permission, like you could set into a hotel. We couldn't get caught service. It was all like no, no, no, Dave Chapelle already got you. It was like we want to buy our own.
Speaker 2: It was like, tell you something. So me and Dave are cool. I told you me and Corey and so the thing about Dave that he got to understand, Bro, I have money. I had a lot of money. I don't have that kind of money. So I had to tell Dave. Because you get around Dave Chappelle and time slows down, like I'm that serious, bro, Like I have to I have to leave because you look up, Bro, It'll be ten in the morning and and then it'd be four pm two days later.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: So I remember, Bro, I was with Dave and I was about to leave. I was like, so I tried to sneak out, and Dave Chappelle said, oh, Dave, why are you leaving? David? I was like, fuck Dave Chappelle and ended up staying another two days.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a void of happiness. Dog.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy about that. I love the fact that he locked down that little town and it's just his like he's the mayor that he don't have to say he's the mayor. He's just the mayor, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I remember he had the Burger people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we finished.
Speaker 2: He's like they got the DJ. Yeah, so I'll be back on now this. So I want to I want to take this time to say something about two people that's really important to me. Number one, the comedian Ryan Davis. Bro, he's fucking amazing dude. And Ryan Davis introduced me to Ali, and me and Ali we have this unspoken competition of helping each other and supporting each other. Alid is Muslim and I met him, Bro, and the dude actually man to a certain degree, changed the way that I looked at hip hop and entertainment and Bro, it shook me. So Ryan took me to a show and it was really funny. I ain't gonna tell you that story. Yeah it was funny, but I told him. I was like, Bro, we as black men have to do better. We're keeping up with each other. We always say we got each other, we got each other. My motherfuckers don't never show up. When you call people for the album, they say they got you, and then you call them they won't pick up the fucking phone. And so I told Ali. I was like, Bro, I'm a fly to Houston because he's from Houston. I was like, Bro, I want to sit down and talk to you. And we got to start congregating with each other and Alis and Dick said, let me be clear with you about something. David, he said, I'm Muslim. He said, so when you give me your word, that means life and death to me, Like y'all say word is bun Like, we am not playing with that shit. He's like, so, if you say that you want to kick it with me, Bro, be prepared. I wasn't used to a motherfucker. I'm used to checking motherfuckers, not motherfuckers like checking me. And I was like, what should motherfucker? I'm dad serious about the shit I do. And so Bro we stayed in contact and he told me some of y'all that changed my life. He said, them other motherfuckers, they don't really fuck with us, those of us who have honor and that are really about the ship that we say. The motherfuckers don't really want us around. They're waiting for us to fall off, and we ain't going nowhere, And so what he taught me is that we got to create our own communities. Nor you so how powerful it was this morning when we was running. And now I'm taking a shot. You got me, hype man. I'm just being honest. Whatever shot you got left just got me hYP No. No, I'm saying. Ali told me he was like, better fuck the niggas. Bro, He's like those of us, that's real. If it ain't but five or ten of us, then I'm cool with that. And so I'm done with trying to hang out with these niggas. I'm tired of conforming to these weak motherfuckers who don't care about the coaching and don't care about the people. If you pussy hang with the pussies, dog, that's it. Drink look damn shout after a Ryan Davis. Let's go now.
Speaker 1: This is this is pretty much what if there's anything you could take back this whole time you've been in the industry, it's one thing you could take back to make better, what would it be?
Speaker 2: I would treat myself better. I'm my biggest enemy, I'm my biggest critic. You know. People love me, people honor me, people respect me. I don't honor and respect myself. How did you mistreat yourself? Though? Too hard on myself. I didn't give myself grace. You know. My mentor told me this, Dave Moody, he said, he said, David, Bro, you didn't have any mentors. You didn't had nobody to show you the right way. You were from Mississippi. It's like you got it how you live. And he's like, Bro, that's admirable. He said. You do better when you experience better when you know better. And so like Bro, I love myself. I treat myself better. I was telling somebody on another show, I date myself. I take myself out. You know what I'm saying. I told you I did this seven miles while I was here because I was on a beautiful beach around beautiful women. You run a little bit further than when a.
Speaker 1: Secon motherfucker and the kinnon said, what is some nice cakes?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But no, man, I just I just wish I would have treated myself better. I wish I would have known that I was worthy. I tell y'all this quick story. I interviewed many fresh, and many fresh told me that when I used to come to the studio back in the day, like him and Jazzy Fai used to always talk about how dope I was as a producer, and it hurt me a little bit because I was like, Bro, imagine if Jazzy Fay would have told me that back then, like Bro, it would like Jazzy Fay means so much to me, Bro, he was one of the people. But he told me he's like Bro, similar to my father. He said, I had to make you earn it because you have to be a man.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: That was the reason why we didn't tell you. But if Jackie Fay and Mary Fresh would have told me back then, I would have told you. For y'allis my ass pay me this but but but but Bro. It came in a hard way, and I'm grateful for it and grateful that I'm still here, and I'm grateful that I'm healthy.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: This this African lady told me, and I don't know whether people really feel this. She's like, you know what we think about you, David, And I's like what She's like, you one of the people that didn't sell your soul and we respect and honor you. So at the end of the day, Bro, honor is something that you still can't buy. And I'm grateful that I stand for something and I hope that's what I bring to hip hop and some honor and some love and some respect. But a bit you're gonna pay me. Do you believe in Illuminati? Do I believe in Illuminati? It don't matter. I don't benefit from it. Like, bro, what I tell you is that I believe that white people have always had secret society as always, but America is part of a secret society. You know, all that shit is.
Speaker 5: What it is.
Speaker 2: What I do believe is that we need to create our Illuminati and move in away. Huh, Illubinati just we call it our own.
Speaker 1: But if you look at my apartment, because let me look right now, like I'm not I don't want to be mysterious, but look, you've got Eli Munk hanging out with Trump, Trump hanging out with Jeff Bezos, Jeff begels that if that's not what the fuck we've been told what Illuminati is?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 2: And my bugging off, it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't because they in the open, so it wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: I mean, they always fucked with each right, damn Illuminati. We're not seeing whatever the fuck that is but let me but let me tell you what's amazing is the difference between them ain't the white. The difference between them is that those are all low tier motherfuckers like Bro, like now that I'm moving in business, and then the motherfuckers who are really powerful, you never know who they are. You know what I'm saying. I'll tell you my ex girlfriend was one of the youngest most successful women in Atlanta. In Atlanta, she owned the construction company. She told me something taught me something so dope, it's gonna fuck everybody. Head up, watch this. How y'all have a wonder whose name is on the top of all these buildings. When we look up at these buildings, you don't know the motherfuckers, but they own the whole fucking building. They ain't out popping on the internet. They ain't like Look, Bro, I was out. I went to this restaurant on the secret Island, Doug, and the restaurant was the only fucking you had. The only way you can get to the island is on these boats, right, And as I'm going to this island, I'm seeing all these big ass fucking houses, Like, who are the motherfuckers that own those islands? It was thousands of opulent fucking houses. But the real motherfuckers that's running this country, that's running us, Bro, that's running our food. Dog Like, you'll never know who the motherfuckers are. So the fact that we even talk about it, that shit don't mean nothing. What we need to do is grow our own food by own and consume my own and be self sufficient it bro, and empower our homies. And the difference is it's not empower to homies that's just around power. Empower the homies that really got some real fucking talent, not just the motherfuckers that hang around and bro to a certain degree. I watch how y'all move when I'm proud of y'all of that, bro me and you just didn't run by ourselves. It was eight motherfuckers that was out there, that was around you, and that was powerful. That was king shit, Bro. Your whole movement. Motherfuckers may not see it, Bro, but you always moved with twenty thirty motherfuckers that will die for you, Hommy. That's the same thing that the white boys did. They just put theirselves on another level and we got to dream for biggert shit. Now we gotta stop just dreaming the smaller dream. We gotta dream a dream that's so fucking big. I'm serious when I tell y'all what I'm about to do, I have to stay quiet because if I continue on this path, the motherfucker's gonna hurk me in a second. Dog, I gotta just shut the fuck up. That's one thing that I learned. Got the fuck up until it's too late. But bro, I'm telling you, when I do what I'm about to do, do we all can retire. They kiss all our ass. Dog, I'm serious. Bro, We're gonna buy some land and we moving. I'm up. I'm done. I'm bad.
Speaker 1: That's all good as a person. And just so you know, like we look up to when when you speak right, we look up to Like for me, I want people like you and Killer Mike to like run for the mayors of these cities, even if it's California whatever. I really think that we can actually do that. Like when they say, like the local vote, is that something that you ever would think about?
Speaker 2: No, man, no money in politics. No, we get this money. We get this money and we buy politicians. Politicians are prostitutes, so you b yeah, you buy the fucking politicians and you make them bitches do what they supposed to do. If you don't do what you paid to do, you get your bitch ass beat, period. Bro. If we really want to be powerful, if you really love me, you wouldn't want to see me be a politician. That's a wasting my time. Ain't no money in I don't know. I'm just saying not you, per se. But the real power is in me getting real money. And then were playing chess on the board with other motherfuckers who want to do that kind of ship. Me being the mayor, I can't make no money. I can't be shooting no movies. I can't be doing I can't be in text financing.
Speaker 1: I like New York City's mayor. He's outside, he's single, he going to all Spanish parties. He's he go to all Spanish parties. He's out here living life. He's black. You know what I'm saying. I ain't gonna lie. I like you, Eric Adams.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that ship is flying to me like man.
Speaker 1: And let me just says he's outside, he didn't drink yet. Hes Eric Adams is the man. Bro. I'm being honest. I'm sorry, but I'm saying to myself, why can't we have that everywhere?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, I know I'm relating to this to the most simplest thing, But let me just break down something for you. One time, I'm traveling, you know, the fitty States, and what I realized, everywhere I went there was a rough rider club. There was a motorcycle club everywhere I went, right.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Y and D.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker that's right. And I'm like, okay, right now, I'm I said, I'm labeling to the simplest thing right there, right now, I can have a run club everywhere I go, right right, absolutely, But why I can't have when I go to Atlanta killing Mike is actually the motherfucking mayor.
Speaker 2: And t I is the governor. I know this sounds crazy, but it's not sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: Can actually get the watch this.
Speaker 2: You remember me and you had that conversation like.
Speaker 1: Mississippi.
Speaker 2: We actually wrote it down. It was like, okay, we could talk to forty we hadn't talked about because it meant a lot to me and bro it was so fucking smart. But the only way that I would do it and it would be worth my time is if it was a movement and not just me, because I'm gonna tell you all something, and I'm gonna say I wasn't gonna say this, bro, but this ship pissed me off to niggas that I thought was really my friend. Bro. They would have come and get me when it was time, revolutionary time, and they would put me out there and let banda talk, let banda talk, And then I get fucking shot up in my career, fucking fall and the motherfuckers go get their motherfucking deals with Disney and Ship. They keep it moving, and they ain't really get a fuck about me. Bro. So if it's not a movement, then what they really want. And this is part of our problem is that we have a Jesus complex. I don't think that the story of Jesus was about a man coming and bearing a cross for you. I think that Jesus, the story of Jesus, was about a man coming down and being a man and showing you how to carry your own cross. Ain't nobody gonna fucking save us, Ain't nobody coming out the sky. Ain't nobody but you gonna save your fucking community. If it ain't us, Bro, that shit done. What we need to do is find an articulate, bright kid. We all see him in our hoods, right and wrong. Put some money behind that motherfucker, raise him and be like, look, we're gonna take care of you, but what we need you to do is this and this, this and this for our community, and then you can do whatever the fuck you want to do. Bro, We got to be more strategic.
Speaker 1: But like, for instance, and you've been doing this all day, you said, I don't give you a example, So I'm gonna give you an example.
Speaker 2: Dave Chappelle. We start with Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: We don't want Dave Chappelle to change, we don't want day shape we want but you run this Hohio, run for the whole fucking governor and you don't think Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: Would win, and why should he even do that?
Speaker 1: And what I'm trying to say is hip hop takes over everything. Let's imagine if we really you said, like a movement, this is what you said, This is the reason why I'm gonna stick to this. If we got together and really said, you're listen, We're gonna have Ray Kualm one for Dallas. He's gonna be Dallas and whoever is from Dallas, slim thug j Prince.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know what's my man name? Uh?
Speaker 1: What's my man name? Traded truth, Trade the truth. And we got y'all running, and we're really getting behind this now. We got Houston, we got Dallas, we got Atlanta, we got New York, we got that ship.
Speaker 2: Is like, that's but watch this. Let me even put a twist to it. Yes, we are the only people that put our generals on the front line. Like, no, you don't put your generals on the front line. Why you're gonna put Dave Chappelle. Da Chapelle is money that Japelle is our bank. What we do is we take Okay, that's what you choose, that you choose, But what I'm saying is, instead of you taking Dave Chapelle, you let Dave Chappelle be the brain trust that he is in the financier that he is, and we find a young motherfucker. So that's like instead of if let's let's say, like I'm not just saying this, but like let's just say, if krit was interested in it, okay, then why not me take my money, my influence, me move on this level, put my money into somebody like that or one of the problems that we have in the black and brown community is that we want to be entertained. If it's about politics, then find somebody that's good at politics.
Speaker 1: Right now, this president is entertaining.
Speaker 2: America. So you're you're you're proving my point the reality to watch this, to watch this, if we have been socially engineered in America to be in the positions that were in, why would we go hire a rapper? Go find a fucking engineer. That's why we never have sustainable movements because we want pretty entertaining. Malcolm X said it, and I don't want rappers on fucking CNN speaking for me, Go rap, nigga. I want someone who can articulate real, solid, fucking plans. I wanted the smartest motherfuckers in hip hop period. I'm the fuck wouldn't nobody say, But I don't even think I'm worthy to speak on behalf of the plight of black people. Bro. I do it because I know a lot of these other motherfuckers don't give a fuck. But the reason why we don't get forward is because we don't have real sustainable plans. One of the things that pissed me off so bad that we did. And one of the mistakes that we made is when ice Cube stepped up and literally create a plan for politics and he said, I'm going to talk to Trump. Motherfuckers got mad. We always say we're playing chess, not checkers, and you're not gonna let the man play chess. You talk to everybody. What people don't know is some of our greatest leaders in the world set down at the table and talk to the Klan. If you don't want me in America and you're gonna put up two million dollars for me to get the fuck out, and I don't want to be here, and why can't we sit at the table and talk. We talked to the white motherfuckers as rappers who we knew were accountants, who we knew that was lawyers, and didn't give a fuck about the hood. And we sat down and found a medium. And that's how we created record companies. Why we can't sit down, sit down from a political standpoint and really have sustainable plans. Motherfuckers want to be emotional. They don't really want a movement. I honestly think that most people are scared of freedom, real freedom, like they are scared of death. Actually, all death may be better. Oh wait, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, hold on, you don't know what the fuck death is because you ain't died. Shit, you just don't want to take the chance to see and what's on the other side. But death might be better you don't know. That is the reason why I created a banner vision. That's the reason why I'm gonna do science based movies in Sciphi, because they constantly are preparing us for a future without us. So what I'm telling you is is that if we really want to talk politics, most black people don't even know what they really want. When you talk to any other subsection in this country, they can tell you exactly what they're fighting for. If you ask ten of our people, what do you really want out of politics? They don't know. And until we start paying, politics is a pay game. Until we start paying and then knowing what the fuck we want? Without vision, what do our people do? They perish my opinion? Wire? Hold on, I gotta take my periods. Ain't got a clerks. I know who I am? Lord? Yes?
Speaker 1: Moving forward? Uh huh? Do you think that hip hop still needs a union?
Speaker 2: No? I let that sit there. For a minute, just for ratings, because we already gave you pop away. I told y'all a long time ago, to streaming was the dumbest shit that we ever did in history. Dog, we finally started getting pennies, and then you're gonna let these motherfuckers give us fractions. Watch this, it's gonna fuck your head up. You remember when the white folks went to war about moving and them streaming movies?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, boys, watch this.
Speaker 2: Didn't they just do the same fucking thing to music and none of us said shit, Fucking Prince t I, David Baron, I told you how stupid that was, and y'all call me crazy. We gave hip hop away, so what you're bitching for now? And then they do it to movies. The only reason why they didn't let it happen to movies is because they're still making money off of movies. They hadn't sut that totally dry yet. We had just found out how to how to create our first mom and pop stores, how to burn out on CDs even though we was bootlegging. We had just learned. Brother I had just started getting nine dollars an album, Dog unders Bro I didn't need but one more fucking album, and that would have been a fucking multi millionaire off music. Dog and I produced myself and we locked their motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: We gave it to take motherfuckers who don't even care about music, who ain't even cool. Dog, shout out to I'm gonna take motherfuckers who'll give me a lot of money. Y'all smart, but you ain't cool. Bro. We gave fucking hip hop away, so don't bitch about it. Not. I ain't no need for a union now.
Speaker 1: We gave it away under the guys of independence. Everybody thinks they're independent right now?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 2: Right, No, Niggas want to be cool, that's our problem. I want to be paid, Dog, I want to be free.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you care to think I'm a geek. Niggas said I was crazy, Dog. I told them that was the wrong thing to do. The Godbox failed because I wouldn't stream my fucking album. Dog. It's some stories I can't tell y'all about when people from distribution companies call me and say, Banner, I need you to help me fight on the streaming shit, and then they got cut into the equation, and then they ain't call me no more. You know who you are. I'm not gonna put you on front Street. You're steal the hommy. But I remember that shit. They cut the right people in, they cut the right artists in, and they sold y'all out. Y'all motherfuckers want to be cool and make TikTok pictures and shit, and you broke. Motherfucker the reason why motherfucker always asked me put out an hour, put out out for what I'm grown. Nigga ain't making no fuck. I ain't because I'm gonna make quality music. I ain't spending one hundred thousand, fucking five hundred thousand like I did on the last Godbox album. And y'all niggas give me y'all money, motherfucking money to these fucking tech companies. That's stupid. And until we as men, we gangster about dumb shit, Well, you ain't gangst about your fucking money, about your life, about your culture. I don't play about hip hop. That's why I don't do it no more, because I care about this shit too much. Niggas don't give a fuck about shit. Bro gave my whole life to this shit, and this shit was a lie. Dog y'all gave this ship up to them white folks in them tech companies. Now you butt ass hurt, and you wonder why artists who don't give a fuck make so much motherfucking money. Because you didn't stand when it was time to stand. We left streaming. We wanted to be cool and stream and look cool and all that kind of shit. And the niggas I asked the motherfucker if you were selling dope on the corner, you was getting ten dollars bad And the motherfucker said, hey, come and use my dope and let me give you point two cent piny Would you do that shit?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Now, you'd be like, nigga ill kill you. So why you didn't do that for your music? Just because they give one or two dark skin black people that y'all happened to like a few dollars, y'all sell y'all soul for that shit. That's just some whole shit. And I also think the same thing socially, just because when other coaches of people decide that they want to hang black people that we love and respect, we let that shit happen. If you look at a lot of lynching pictures, because I study history, if you look at when black people used to get lynched back in the day, you used to see black people standing around doing nothing. All y'all talk about how much you love Jesus. Y'all let you. You let them put him on the cross, and he told you he was the son of God, and you said you believe him, and you let them crucify him, and you stood by. You're a bitch. They took our music for us and we stood back and all y'all maka say, y'all a gangsters, you hos. And I believe that with all my life. And that ain't the alcohol. Man. I love this shit dog, but I be out here by myself, and y'all let me be by myself. And then you wonder why I don't give a fuck now, I don't know. I'm not emotional about this ship. I'm emotional about the motherfuckers that have a certain level of culture and honor. Dude, every time I call you, you pick up the phone. Every time I call you, you called me back, and you don't pick up the phone, y'ad butt, You pick up the phone, bro, And and it means the world in me.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I love music, I love our culture, but it never really loved me. And so now I'm about to get this bread. Well I got it, but you know, get more of it? Yeah, a lot more. That was so hard.
Speaker 1: Let's let me let him end it. Is there anything else you want to say to your your people, your folks.
Speaker 2: I want to give a shout out to black women. It's reemergence that I've had in my my career has been because of black women, y'all. I've had play, I've lost weight and done all that kind of stuff. But the love and admiration that's been given to me as of lately, y'all has been amazing. And I want people to know how serious I am about where I am, family business, New Orleans. Make sure that y'all watch that. That means a lot to me. I heard some statistics that you know that I was one of the fan favorites, and they didn't write it to be that way. You know what I'm saying, and it is that what network this is on some BT and some Amazon has been in the top ten of Amazon since it's been on there. Sought that up, you know, fight night, bro Like. I just want to say this to y'all man like, and it's because of my relationship with you two that I can be this honest.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Every night that I went to work, I was across from Taraji p Henson, fucking Terrence Howard, fucking Samuel or Jackson, Kevin Hart. Dog and we're from the hood. Bro. But hold on, this is the part I want to say, Nobody ever prepared me for that shit. But this shit ain't easy, and I can't say this shit ain't scary, dog, And I have to do this shit by myself. I just got to the point where I'm cool enough to call Sammy or Jackson when I don't understand something. But I went my whole career, Bro, not understanding this shit. This shit lonely. Bro. That's why when you asked me the question, it was so hard for me to answer. You know, is it easier being a solo artist or being in the group. But most of the shit I've done, I had to do a loan. Bro. Just had an anxiety attack on set for the first time in my life, and I ain't have nobody to fucking call.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: But this is a million This is the first time I had ever been on network TV, and Bro, somebody that I thought was my friend, somebody that I thought that was gonna have my back threw me up under the fucking bus human And like I'm used to coming from the hood, I'm used to beating the motherfucker when they do that kind of shit. But we know, like you taught me, Nor, I never finished the story. Nori was the one that teach me, better go in there and turn over table, but don't hit the white dude. Y'all, y'all listen to this is important.
Speaker 3: Though, y'all like.
Speaker 2: Like y'all like Bro, this ship lonely and it's scary. Bro. Like, ain't nobody where I'm from ever done what I did? You know? Pempsey was one of the only people that I could call and talk to who really came from a small country place that had the type of success that I had. Bro. Most people were from big fucking places. Though I can't, Like I said before, I can't hide behind that Yankee heat. It's just me and so Bro. Imagine the ship that I go through, Bro, the ship that I do. And I got to do this ship by myself. That's the reason why my conviction and my love for God is so different. But I ain't hide none of no religion. Bro. So when y'all get behind me, when y'all allowed me the opportunities to it means the world to me. And I never ever ever take advantage of that, bro, at least I hope I don't. And drink Champs, I appreciate that I was here from the beginning. Men, from I heard you talk about this ship. You better than ever saw this ship time in my life. I never get mad at you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you've never let that foota come out right.
Speaker 2: No, that was and that was my bad. Why you moved the chair. I hadn't moved the chair by because we're going to take a picture. He decaid to sit down. I forgot that part. That was the first drink Champions, y'all, I got some motherfucking hammered dog. You wasn't drunk. That wasn't the reason why you got drunk.
Speaker 1: I just know that that was the reason why you fell.
Speaker 2: It was because I moved the chair because to take a picture.
Speaker 1: And you decaid to sit down.
Speaker 2: I was hammered, though. I just tell you that part was the drunk call. What I figured out was it wasn't the fact that we were drinking. Bro. We switch up like that we were a little bit more. Can I say this and I hit the blood that night, remember oh no, no, you was going in. You were going to trust y'all andy.
Speaker 1: But let me just tell you, man on the reil, I can say this well wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: A lot of people career from the beginning to and there's no ending, right, so we ain't saying the ending, but from the beginning, and for me to see the transition from all your accolades, right.
Speaker 2: Because one thing, for.
Speaker 1: Short, things for certain accolades can make a person big in the head or whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about your relentless I'm talking about like there's been times I know.
Speaker 2: This game is tough, This isn't.
Speaker 1: Understanding this game is Yeah, I don't even know the word.
Speaker 2: And I know you.
Speaker 1: You was Brazilian. You you pushed through all this shit. You smiled when you had to smile, you know what I mean, And you did this ship. You didn't let the game beat you up. A lot of us let us beat us up in public. So even if the game when you said, when you said, just now, I got chills, you was like hip hop. Let me down, and I was because it's so much. But I feel like at times me, I've I've said it in public. I've never really seen you like give hip hop a left hat, a left jack back. I've never really seen you talk down to hip hop because you know we all love common and comment related hip hop to a woman, right, So I've never seen you argue with this woman hip hop.
Speaker 2: You know you know why. It's because that's not what men do. Bro, if you do some fun ship, I'll pull you to the side. Me and you go out in the grass if we have to, But in front of people, Bro, we shouldn't do each other like that. That's one thing that I hate about our culture.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: We we just said, like I want to say it like hose dog like bro, me and me and don't supposed to gossip like that's what I said. I don't give a fuck about who Shanna shop is fucking that's whole ship, Dog, that's whole ship. Though. I want to say this is closing. Yeah, I am. I'm proud of who hip hop has allowed me to be. I'm one of the few people who grew up and hip hop allowed me to still flourish. Y'all. I'm at the press. It's only doing superhero movies. You know the reason why. And you don't even know this, bro like you got me back into running again. I run three miles every fucking day of my life because I was trying training for Run Him, because I wanted to make sure when I got on there that people didn't see me struggle. Because if other rappers you struggle, you know how we all into our image and how we look at motherfucker won't come on because they'd be scared. That's not why. And I think this is bullshit. Why the main fucking stars don't want to get in the dunk contest because they're stilled of being embarrassed. Man, y'all get in there and dunk that bitch. You know what I'm saying. Why I got in that bitch and I ran.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 1: You had fun and have fun, And.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie there, y'all before y'all clap. I can't do it today. I'm not quite ready. I don't know if it's gonna be here or not.
Speaker 3: But I am.
Speaker 2: Going to do a press release on my new apps, and I'm gonna release it to the b I almost pulled my shirt off to day so y'all could get the props. But one of my dreams, Bronny, was hoping that you were going to do it today. Yo. Hold on, this really happened in real life. Let me tell y'all, BRO. I actually called ll Cooja to actually Bro because I really wanted to talk to them on how to do this shit the right way. I was in an interview BRO with a very established woman's magazine, and I'm talking to this lady Bro the same way that we're talking now, Bro, and I just looked at her and she said to me, she folded over in the middle of the motherfucking interview. I said, this sex some with shit works. But what I'm saying though, is that hold on, listen. This is important to me. I want to be I want to be our children superhero, not just in movies, but in real life. That's fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I remember our uncles, Bro, the ones that was the carpenters and shit, Bro with them big ass hands, eighty years old. You know, the motherfuckers that's on top of the motherfucker houses. I honestly want to make our culture proud of me, Bro, and I want to do it the right way. I want to be one of the few black men that get these billions of dollars and don't turn his nose up at the culture. You can ask. You can ask. My publishers were thank you, Bro, My publishers right now. I told her. Did I not say this to say it loud so they can hear you? Sidney, Didn't I tell you that I wanted to go back to my people before I blow up? Yes, I said, I want to go back to black culture. I know what I'm about to do. It's already done. The shit that I'm about to do is already done. I know where I'm about to go. I said, let's go back to black media first, because most black people want to leave and they want to be over there with the mother folks and wonder why they get strung up, wonder why they lose their careers, and wonder why they sacrifice. I said, let's go back and pick our people up. And instead of me getting popular and separating myself with black people, and let me take black people with me. Name is David Banner. I'm an honor to be on Drink Chaps. I love y'all appreciate y'all, how long are you taking hand? I want to say, y'all, I was on a raw vegan diet. Yes, I promised myself that I was going to be I'm gonna get off blood pressure pills this month. I'm tired of that shit. I've been on this shit since I'm twenty seven. I was walking around with my blood pressure over two hundred on the top. I'm talking about people. I used to go to the doctor and the doctor used to not want to let me out because my blood pressure was so high. I said, I'm gonna be off of those pills. So I went raw vegan and my my fucking blood pressure went down forty points on the top. And this is the first time in my life that my blood pressure was actually low. So I got to keep it low for another three weeks and then I could start getting off these pills. Just because of y'all, I came on here and drank. I wasn't eating meat, but I said that I ate last night because I didn't want to be weak when I got on run Champs. Yeah, okay, So I my fast cause of y'all, and I'm gonna get back on the day. I think extra day.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to drink Champs on.
Speaker 6: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Norrie go on, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com