Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome to you too, and that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Sorry, wow, Kevin, I'm sorry. Welcome to and that's why you're in this podcast. This is a Q and A and I'm feeling feisty. You really are. I was not expecting you to come out like that.
Speaker 2: I knew you were distracted ordering your goopes.
Speaker 1: I was going, okay.
Speaker 2: Jenna, is this is so irrelevant? But Jenna wakes up and thinks about what her three meals are going to be. Yes, here's the thing. I know what my breakfast always is. And then it's like, do I want to go healthy? Do I want to go savory?
Speaker 1: What is I day?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do I have time? Do I not have time? But yes, I'm always thinking about what I'm eating, and I'm always thinking about it while I am ingesting food from the meal.
Speaker 2: What's coming next? Yeah, definitely. I always admired that about you because I can't do it until I'm hungry, and by that point it's too late. You know.
Speaker 1: That's why I like I like to plan a head so that I can try to do the healthy choice, or like the good choice, because then if not I just I derail, I do rail yes exactly.
Speaker 2: This is why men are stupid.
Speaker 1: Stuff stop no, but truly, like David will eat things and I'm like, have you eaten today? Like what are you eating? He doesn't eat things leftover his job. He just eats them cold like you'd never seen him use the microwave for like leftovers. He just eats the things and I'm like, are you all right? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: My question always for men like are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Sir? All right, Kevin? We are in the new era of our podcast. It's very exciting. We've been having a really good time. The response has been amazing. We hope you guys are enjoying it. And we just wanted to answer some questions get back online with you since we know you have a lot of questions and as you should, and we'll just want to talk about what's coming. So let's do it, okay. What was the inspiration for this new era?
Speaker 2: We had talked about with the iHeart team and Jenna and I had talked about with each other about what we wanted to do, and there are many different versions of what we could do and do. We still talk you know, just do Glee centric things. But Jenna and I have grown up watching musicals, TV, film, stage, whatever it is. Glee is a musical, and so it's still in the same vein, and it's just like we're passionate about it. We like to watch these things and discuss these things, and so it felt like a very natural fit for us to continue with the musical aspect of what we've already been doing.
Speaker 1: Well said, somebody wants to know, will you be doing live recordings like Hamilton or Frozen on Broadway, like the recorded page productions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely nothing is off limits.
Speaker 1: No, That's what I'm saying, Like, let's do it all.
Speaker 2: The whole world has opened up to us.
Speaker 1: So exciting. What are you guys excited about reviewing?
Speaker 2: Well, perfect segue. Personally, I'm excited to watch some of these recorded stage musicals because I haven't seen a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited for the things I have not seen. Okay, starting off like doing a lot of the doing things I've seen, which is so really fun, but.
Speaker 1: Like diving to the ones we haven't seen off Tho, Yeah, I'm also excited to do like the ones we have seen that like take us really far back that we're like uber excited to do, like Nooozy's Chicago Mulan Rouge, like the ones that came out while we were like like just pre Glee era or in the Glee era that are like so, I don't know, burn into our existence and Newsy's raised me.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, you know, are you planning to do an episode on K Pop Demon Hunters? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of have to. Have you watched the most popular movie on Netflix of all time? No, I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it either.
Speaker 1: I'm going to though, wait, wait till we do it. Okay, great, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, oh maybe we should do that one next. Yeah, we should definitely do it soon. Who can we expect to be a guest on the podcast? I mean everybody? So this also is somebody who was asking, are we still going to have Glee people on the podcast or also Glee fans? Yes to all of these things. We're definitely gonna have Glee fans on. I want to stay connected with you guys, Amplify are Glee fans of course, and then also like amazing guests that either are friends of ours, or we've crosspaths, or people we've never met before that have something to do with the movie or the episode of the musical. Multiple guests that have something to do with these movies and musicals, Like I feel like nothing's off limits, and to just talk to everybody about these musicals, and then we also want to get suggestions from our guests about who what they're what they musical movies they loved or musical episodes that they loved or that we need to watch.
Speaker 2: How are you handling musical TV shows? Are you just watching the pilot? Yes, we are unless we feel so inclined, you know, to keep going. But we have a lot of things to watch, so as of now, just the pilots. Who do you think has seen more movie musicals?
Speaker 1: Jenna? Jenna? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Ken? No, I feel like we've probably seen the same amount of current stuff. It's just going backwards, like maybe we both kind of missed a little bit of those earlier days of musicals, so I have to do Yeah, I totally missed a lot of those growing up, Like I didn't watch a ton of movies at home growing up, Like aside from like well, Disney movies, right, I don't know. We'll have to take a tally Kevin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what musical made you love musicals?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you know really from my memory going way way back, Annie.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think that's also my answer. I was gonna say Phantom your favorite. I loved Phantom, but Annie was. I would come down the stairs of my house singing tomorrow that gay little kid.
Speaker 1: Wow, Kevin. Also, maybe maybe was my song Oh Love a be a good belting number. Oh my god, it was Annie. It was absolutely Annie. You're right, Yesndles, will the found on TikTok segments still be about Glee, irrelevant to the show.
Speaker 2: You watch Glee, but other stuff if it happens, So start sending us things for some of the musicals that we might watch. M oh Jenna, talk about your time on Broadway kids. Those albums were my life as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, you gotta get Andrea back on here. You're a star, Christy Carlson Romano Andrea like all of us Brandon aronoids.
Speaker 2: Andrea, by the way, which really devoted on.
Speaker 1: You, had a commission from that.
Speaker 2: I know if you listen to us, you heard it here. You heard it here first.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the Desperate House Eyes Terry Hatcher and Andrea and Emerson and Emerson. Yeah, it's gross, go listen to that.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I loved Broadway Kids. It was the best time in my life. And my wonderful friend at the time who has sadly passed away from COVID, Chris Chuesdale, who was also in Dream Street. He was the one who got me into Broadway Kids. He was like, you're doing a print job together, and he was like, you, guys, should you should audition for probably Kids? Like why have you not done that? And I was like, I don't know, And so he got me the audition and yeah, and then I became a part of the crew. We traveled all over the world performing. We did uh two shows a weekend. It was a rotating cast, like you won't didn't always have to be there, but there was girl one, girl to girl three, Boy one, boy two, boy three, So you had one track and you were just you know, multiple people could play that track essentially.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I did it with Christy Carlson for quite a bit of time.
Speaker 2: Uh a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I must have been like twelve or thirteen. That's where Brandon Iranowitz and I started dating. That's also when I started dating Alex Bowen, not at the same time Andrea's brother went on My first dated Alex. Anyway, it was just we got to sing like Broadway songs and do these shows like at our shows like Saturday mornings at ten am, and like hang out with our friends and record albums together and just like have a grand all time. Anyway, great training, truly, I mean we were it was the kids of Broadway. Like it was a leak group of our leak group of our team.
Speaker 2: Anyway, exploring any live musicals that aired on Fox or NBC.
Speaker 1: Honestly the Glee Live with Tommy Kal and Jordan Fisher. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: What Glee Live?
Speaker 1: No Grease Live? Sorry I say live?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you scared me. I haven't seen that one? Or did I?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 1: I didn't Zach work on that one?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, Austin my boyfriend just did a movie with did Kahan oh herself?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So just know when we get to Greece, I will be trying to get yeah, definitely on here. Please you can't rock and have Demi and the Joe Bros. Death if you could be in any musical movie. What would what movie would you want to be in.
Speaker 1: Movie Chicago? I mean those are top very clearly. I'm scared to kind of do those because like once they're over, then it's like sad. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Don't cry because it's over, Smile because.
Speaker 1: I have Okay, great Kevin, y'all better cover Wicked movie one and two?
Speaker 2: You know it? Come on, you thought we could start this at this year, at this time of year and not do both Wicked movies. Don't worry. We're already trying to work on getting to a screening. I don't know what's going to happen. But last time I accidentally went to two screenings. Well, you know what, you can't see it too many times, Like when you plan for it, it doesn't happen, but when you don't plan for it, So we need to like casually plan for it.
Speaker 1: Can you please confirm you will talk about Rent, both the Broadway show and the movie. You certainly will absolutely. Rent really changed me. It really was the musical. There were multiple musicals that I was like kind of obsessed with in my time, like you know, the lame Is and the Missychons, But like Rent and Wicked were really it for me, and Rent in particular had that following, that deep, deep following. They called them the Redheads, and my dad at one point had to beg me to stop listening to the disc too. Oh, you've got to listen to something else, Jenna, please.
Speaker 2: Oh damn. But I mean it was like that for a lot of people. Castina had never been like that.
Speaker 1: So cool. Yeah, it's like it's kind of like Spring Awakening esque, right, that young audience different, Like the music was like could live on its own, like it just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's so many people that we could get on from there too. Tracy Anthony rapp Adina, Oh my gosh, how are you feeling about the new era? So far? Great? Really really enjoying.
Speaker 1: It, loving it.
Speaker 2: It's been so much fun. We've gotten a lot of great guests lined up for the things we're watching. We've had a lot of great conversations, and it's nice to not talk about us.
Speaker 1: This is a good one. Are you going to focus more on main stream musicals or some off Broadway staff? Now? Listen. There is an off Farbi musical that Kevin and I discussed when we were talking about this new era of the podcast that I saw in my high school years called Tic Tick Boom, and we will absolutely be Tic tick Boom. It's truly one of my favorite uh stage to screen adaptations.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. Can't wait like we are, like that have been known that I've never seen the stage production. I've only seen Linn Manwell's movie, and.
Speaker 1: Stage brush is very bare, very like black Bockxy. Yeah. And then they did it again recently off Broadway with like George Salazar and Lillie Cooper and all these wonderful people that I got to George salazar voice unreal. If you listen to his Michael in the Bathroom from bymore Chill, No, I've listened to that, probably as much as listened to Love You, I'm and Rent, and it's so good. Michael in the Bathroom probably got bymore Chill to move from two rivers in New Jersey to a Broadway venue. His voice, those fans are, we're so stupid. Yeah, Okay, well we're going to do it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the moral of this story is we're doing it all.
Speaker 1: We're so excited for you guys, for your excitement as well, like the response has been amazing. When we kind of launched this idea, we want you to write in. We want you to tell us what you want us to review, to recab, to watch. Of course, like we're doing this for you and for us selfishly, but also we're into it and we love it and we hope you guys love it as much as we do.
Speaker 2: And we're excited to explore new things we haven't experienced or seen, and we hope you are too. I hope this inspires you to watch the new things or going where rewatch some amazing things and you know, pass on your loves and obsessions so we can get on board, you know it. So this is the new era of and that's what you really missed. Bye, Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,