Speaker 1: It's nothing to promote, absolutely nothing to promote.
Speaker 2: It couldn't have less to promote.
Speaker 1: And you walk to your bus but walking first twenty five minute walk to the bus stop.
Speaker 3: Okay, Holly way, And I see you looking over at me sometimes, Mitra, I'm only.
Speaker 4: Here to observe today.
Speaker 2: Oh amazing.
Speaker 3: I was curious what the show is like when I'm not always there for the show.
Speaker 4: What happens when I'm not there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I just want to kind of get a sense of that, so you know, for all intents and purposes, I'm not here, do the survey with Hayes like everyone does great, and then at the end of that, you know, maybe I'll throw a couple different scenarios at you, guys, show type scenarios for you to kind of walk through and demonstrate so that I can kind of see what's working and what's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get some unpaid show with a sort.
Speaker 5: Of but we are getting paid, you guys are, yes.
Speaker 2: You are? Yeah, Okay, that's great that you guys are.
Speaker 4: We are studios.
Speaker 5: We're getting paid new studio. That's awesome. We're getting paid.
Speaker 2: No, it's so cool. The purple.
Speaker 5: And you see us in this environment and you are frustrated by our success or nourished by it? Uh?
Speaker 2: Nourished because I know you guys like need that pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're nourished by it as well.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to hear it.
Speaker 5: Because we are eating.
Speaker 4: I'm slaked.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm are you hydrated?
Speaker 4: I know I said it was just gonna observe. I'm slaked.
Speaker 2: You're slaked.
Speaker 1: You're slack, slough oed slack queen slick queen boots.
Speaker 5: And Kevin is here as well. Kevin is muted and he is not visible today. You know our producer chef Kevin.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 5: And why is he hid? That's not because he has a big dindym He needs to eat. He did not text us before saying he has a very big dindin to eat tonight.
Speaker 3: He's if you think he's tucking into just the most massive playoff cischetti you've ever seen, get that out of your mind, Get that image out of your mind.
Speaker 4: He's not doing that.
Speaker 2: Kevin promised me, You've got vino.
Speaker 5: I promise me.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Thank you, slaked, big Ham, big Ham Veno says, oh, and a side of pie, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Ham and wine.
Speaker 5: What did we do before with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have something with you?
Speaker 5: Is there like a thing with you?
Speaker 2: Long ago?
Speaker 1: We sang many songs that was that was what like forty studios ago for you guys.
Speaker 5: Okay, you were one of the songs singer was I remember some of our song singer gas. Don't remember you being one of them.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I had some musicians that we did songs with. I don't recall just randomly doing something.
Speaker 5: Don't think of you that way. You should as a musician, as.
Speaker 1: Someone who could, okay, someone who has potential okay to make music.
Speaker 4: Okay, I myself have no formal training. I am naturally musical.
Speaker 2: That's off.
Speaker 1: You seem like it mm hmm even just the mm hm.
Speaker 3: Right, the timber them, the tambour Timberland timber did Jeffrey tamber Oh.
Speaker 2: Back better than ever?
Speaker 5: I hope. I noticed your emotional support collaborators aren't here today.
Speaker 2: Sandy and Alyssa.
Speaker 5: Sandy and Alyssa.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't you what it was? Two last minute could get it together? Three people you had to go just one.
Speaker 5: We didn't invite them.
Speaker 2: I got the call last night, Vin, that's an oversight.
Speaker 1: I got the call very last night, late late last night, late late late last night of an inappropriate time.
Speaker 5: Inappropriate time, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Kevin.
Speaker 5: Kevin also it was a FaceTime. Part of the bigness of his dindin tonight was, sources say, a refusal to finish his din din last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so that's why he was up so late.
Speaker 3: He was having a staring contest with the plate and saying, I'm not going to break this plate will break before I will.
Speaker 2: And now Kevin loses to plate.
Speaker 3: So then he wasn't allowed to have his phone, he couldn't text, and you got to text late last night.
Speaker 4: And I know you like singing songs. It's reminding me a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of a sort of a camp song that we used to hear sometimes. Hey, let me know if you know this one.
Speaker 4: Late last night when we were all in bed, Kevin producer, he called me up and said, there could be a podcast at the iHeart two night.
Speaker 3: And then you'd be like, Mitra, Mitra, Mitra, Right, do you know this one? Missus O'Leary.
Speaker 5: I could have answered in advance, if it's a camp song, I know it, So I could have said, you said, let me know if you know this one? The answer is yes, I know it because it's from Camp. Yeah, I listened to Camp songs.
Speaker 2: I don't go right, but you love the music of Camp.
Speaker 4: I didn't really go either.
Speaker 3: My sister would bring the songs home to me and we would enjoy them.
Speaker 1: When I lived in Ohio, I went to Art Venture Camp for a week at the Blash Rec Center and we just played in the woods the whole week.
Speaker 5: I think I think you should say. When I hear you say when I lived in Ohio, I'm thinking she is going to live in Ohio again. So I what I would say, is the last time I lived in Ohio. Yeah, totally, Because it's the way you say it is it it's like it's just behind you when like as soon.
Speaker 4: As Ohio, what about back home in Ohio.
Speaker 5: Over yonder back, because that it could be like you're just visiting here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wish.
Speaker 5: Your wish is granted, Sweetie, I.
Speaker 2: Can go home.
Speaker 5: You have to pack up the bag, you have to go back to Ohio. That's what I'm getting. That's just what I'm picking up. You will be back in Ohio very soon. Maybe not in the part of Ohio that you're even from, though, so maybe this is the back home in Ohio. That's a problem. You might end up in just a completely different part.
Speaker 2: Of Ohio, shivering by the lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, in the part of Ohio I grew up in. I used to go to art Venture, but now in the part of Ohio that I live.
Speaker 2: In today, and will will die?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: And yes where I will die?
Speaker 2: And when do you think I'll die?
Speaker 3: So this is something we were talking about before you came in, and it's really interesting because we're a little bit split.
Speaker 5: We agree that it's souon oh okay, but we don't know how old you are right now? How old do you think? I think you're one hundred and ninety nine years old. You're going to be live to be two hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Whoa, no way, I said, she's not one hundred and ninety nine. I said, you're being actually absurd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I peg you.
Speaker 5: Around eighty close?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're both really close.
Speaker 4: One hundred ninety nine is like comedically large.
Speaker 1: Guess yeah, but eighty but eighty I would say eighty and one hundred ninety nine are both incredibly close.
Speaker 2: The number that's closest to both of those.
Speaker 5: The number that's closest to both of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, closest to both of those.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh yes, I always forget that. You guys didn't go to college.
Speaker 5: Did not end up going to college. And in a way, school was my college, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean, it was college charity.
Speaker 3: I learned so what a lot of people learn at college, I actually learned it at high school.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: We were going to classes, we were reading books. I mean that's what school was back then, you know. So it was an incredible experience. And when I did I wouldn't say I didn't go to college. But when I did, stop by, they said.
Speaker 2: You're good, you know it, keep walking, keep on walking. You could be out now, outwear out. Just in the world.
Speaker 4: Don't got to tell me twice out in the world.
Speaker 2: Out here Los Angeles, out here.
Speaker 3: Auditing the iHeart Studios, you know, observing the interplay between a what.
Speaker 5: Is the purple? I don't even see the pinder. This is the second time you've brought it up. That's not purple maroon? What is it? I mean? I guess, yeah, it's definitely not purple. Fine, it's just that you brought up twice.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, it's purple.
Speaker 5: No one ever would say that purple.
Speaker 2: No big deal.
Speaker 5: You're on your collaborators where I think the listeners will just be interested in, like a check in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Alyssa is on the moon and Sandy is in the ocean, and so that's why.
Speaker 4: So they're they're in contact. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yes, one controls the other, but I can't say who.
Speaker 5: Yes, hello, uh oh, this.
Speaker 3: Is Richie totally normal way to enter a room, and everyone's feeling comfortable as hell.
Speaker 5: He's never done this before.
Speaker 1: The me camera seems to be moving, which is always a good sign.
Speaker 5: The camera, Well, he's never decided before. I need to get in there right now.
Speaker 2: Something really bad is happening to the viewer.
Speaker 5: He's really he's opening up the back panel of the US camera smoking and he's got out welder's mask.
Speaker 2: Maybe make always putting on a makeup filter.
Speaker 5: He is actually smearing makeup on the land.
Speaker 2: Yosef filter.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: He's turned the camera around to point it at himself and.
Speaker 5: Now he is Wow, he's shaking.
Speaker 4: Shooting it at himself like a guns.
Speaker 5: He looked at the king. He did shake his head and leave, and he did look at his watch as if to establish time of death.
Speaker 1: For the podcast, I think I would love to be the reason it's Stott call it. After all these dozens of years that you guys have been doing podcast.
Speaker 5: I think it's good. I think it's good to be consistent, to do something for a long time, and you make up nobody does anymore you. When you start a podcast, your body makes a promise, and the listener you honor their promise by you never stop doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: You your body makes promise. My body keeps a score of doing Hollywood Handbook four times.
Speaker 5: And I was gonna ask it has actually been four times, but that would not be honoring your body.
Speaker 2: Actually don't know.
Speaker 5: Which is keeping a score, but it might not be right.
Speaker 1: No, but it's keeping a score, okay, of what I have endured by entering into the millions of studios.
Speaker 5: So fucking go?
Speaker 4: Then may I tell you? May I tell you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Why do you just fucking leave? Then?
Speaker 4: May I tell you what we have right now in this episode? Huh a three body problem? Have a three body problem?
Speaker 2: Know we we do?
Speaker 3: One's keeping the score? Do have made a promise? Takes two bodies to make a promise.
Speaker 5: And this is what he does like he like he's a diffuser, and he uses comedy that way, yeah, and referential comedy for like shows and movies that areopular.
Speaker 3: In family counseling, Mitra, I would be known as the mascot of the family. And so I feel the conflict, you know, when.
Speaker 1: Hay screams, it means so much like we can see the spit flying across the me camera, like, what role is that?
Speaker 2: The like perpetrator?
Speaker 4: I will say, I never realized how well named you are. But me, me, Mitra, It's always me. The me camera should be Mitra, me Hari.
Speaker 6: Because it's just that I never have heard any guests thinking about themselves so much. We are trying to talk about the podcast as the living, breathing organism, and once again, it's Mimi, Mimi, Me Mitra.
Speaker 3: And it's just your parents did a good job, or is it. I don't know what she came first, they destined you for this, But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have found that anger for me is a healthy transitional. Honest most you'll notice I'm not screaming right now, but you were.
Speaker 4: It's a safe feeling to feel, a safe.
Speaker 1: Feeling to feel for the two men, one looming on a screen that is even bigger than the wall. Of this room and the other one over seven feet tall in the purple room.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't make the screen, toney, I just loom on them, you know.
Speaker 1: And y'all have been kicked out of every studio that you have been a part of.
Speaker 2: No, because what is this the seventeen studio? In four episodes, we.
Speaker 5: Have actually kicked ourselves out of every studio. And as we were and as we're kicking, their foot is kind of kicking too, And so the force of our different kicks who shooting us backward?
Speaker 2: I just like, I just start.
Speaker 1: And the viewers at home who are watching this on like I don't know, Instagram Live or whatever, are seeing hay foot approaching me inches away from my face at fresh after facial rec instructive surgery. By the way, I got the half theway face lift.
Speaker 5: And I was not going to say anything about it because last time, I now remember, this is your thing. You say, you look at my body too.
Speaker 3: Much, accuse us of discussing her body, yes and no, and now bringing up her own.
Speaker 5: Face and my entire thing before you came on the show and decide I needed a different thing was that I look, I check it out. I say, what I see. That was my thing on the show, and it kind of.
Speaker 3: Worked for a long time until oh that was That was something that listeners loved. Something they cherished about the experience of listening was getting Hayes's take, which sometimes could be surprising.
Speaker 2: On what he was seeing of women are all.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter, it's they They want to hear his perspective on the show, being paid for Hayes's opinion, and so whether it's a woman his body or whether it's a woman's face.
Speaker 8: Anything, shape, size, color, anything, and he shoots.
Speaker 4: From the hip, you know what I mean, no filter. That's what made it so thrilling to hear. Yeah, you know you mentioned you mentioned that you got a facelift.
Speaker 3: You also slandered a woman who I don't think we can necessarily prove, you know, what works.
Speaker 4: She's been done.
Speaker 3: But I've been hearing a lot about this sort of upper bleff surgery that people get. But you are the first person that I know of who also went middle and lower bleff.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got it.
Speaker 5: So can we get every blessing?
Speaker 2: I blefft every part of my face.
Speaker 5: Bleff your heart. I got the full blesff.
Speaker 2: I bluffing parts that people didn't even know you could bluff on a body. Hm hmm, I want.
Speaker 3: To yes, Oh, well, you know this seems like a trap.
Speaker 4: Now, by the way, this isn't even the part of the show I do. Okay, what I do is I diffuse.
Speaker 3: Hayes infuriates someone he talks about their body. They become enraged. He then starts prodding them more. I'm sort of the mascot, you know, where I say, hey, look over here, and I'm doing some silly thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it is, but like.
Speaker 5: You say, you absorb the conflict and then it build it builds up, and he and you you think everything's okay with him, but he's actually been crazier and angrier than me.
Speaker 3: Because I'm in the most pain, I don't know how to express my anger. It's not a safe feeling for me to feel. I don't know what's going to happen once I take the cork out of that box.
Speaker 9: For me, Mama.
Speaker 5: Really happens when he gets a little too real and for me, I hotel energent.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh hi, you're back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt myself getting angry, and so I went ahead and froze the internet.
Speaker 2: That's you have that power.
Speaker 4: I broke the internet, as we often do with our viral clips. Do you have an idea for a clip you'd like to have shared from the episode, because we do try to get I know a lot of this will be us.
Speaker 3: Talking, but we do try to get a moment we can use to sort of promote the show.
Speaker 5: What's your most viral moment online?
Speaker 10: Ever?
Speaker 5: H WHOA?
Speaker 2: I can't think of any.
Speaker 4: Did you slag someone off?
Speaker 2: I assume at some point I was flagging.
Speaker 5: So you can't think of a and I didn't say it had to be like hugely viral. Just what's the most viral one? And I actually think you did think of it and you didn't want to say it.
Speaker 1: No, I really can't think of anything, but I know that I have. In the days of Twitter, I was going viral.
Speaker 5: You never did front facing.
Speaker 1: I did do one TikTok and I deleted after about an hour because I made myself sick. When I saw myself, I was like character hate her.
Speaker 2: I was singing a song that I made up and I remember the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was a parody of Missus O'Leary, the old camp song was well.
Speaker 1: I tried that but I saw that the Chicago fire some other people had already gone viral for that, so I wanted to at least respect that.
Speaker 5: What what's the song this one?
Speaker 1: So the song was something that I was humming to myself. Yes I am ugly and no one else's and I was like, that's kind of funny, horrible like thing to think about it on the internet.
Speaker 5: And it was it was was it doing? Was it doing too well? Do you remember some of the early relation to.
Speaker 1: It was actually worse is that it didn't light up anything.
Speaker 5: It was like not a single view, there's no good option. Really, you don't want a video like that to be doing too well, right.
Speaker 1: Or that It's true, Yeah, it's like you want it either needs to just like kind of get you know, like ten thousand views or something.
Speaker 2: Or it needs to I don't know. I deleted it very quickly.
Speaker 5: And this is twenty twenty, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: This was like when it was all beginning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Was like maybe I could be young enough to do that, But now you got.
Speaker 4: To wait till it's over.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start TikTok next year when it's done.
Speaker 5: With Kalab with kayla an Eva.
Speaker 2: I don't have the goods, but they do.
Speaker 5: You don't think like you And I know when you say you don't have the goods, you actually think that you do.
Speaker 2: I don't. I tried.
Speaker 5: I agree, you don't.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't. There's evidence that I don't. Well, it's been deleted, it's been scrubbed, so the evident.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Actually, I had a page that I was maintaining for a while that I'm just remembering maintaining a page.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Edits of me covering songs like rolling in the Deep using only photos.
Speaker 5: Of owls, and you would sing along with a song.
Speaker 1: I would be seeing the Deep and you would say an edit of a bunch of photos of.
Speaker 5: Owls, and you were maintaining the.
Speaker 2: Pay It was like owl Singer or something. And I deleted that as.
Speaker 5: Well, and say like this is by Metra. You would just be owl singer and if it if it does well, then maybe at some point you can like it would pop out and say I.
Speaker 1: Was having the time of my life. It was like owl like spinning in different whoa.
Speaker 2: We could have had it up.
Speaker 1: And then it spins in the frame and then it goes out of the frame, and I had like hundreds of photos of owls.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's called owl tamer, Oh tamer. So I probably part.
Speaker 5: Of the concept is that these owls are performing to the song and they're spinning into frame because you have.
Speaker 4: Tamed them, You've trained them to do that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, exactly, I think taming out. I mean, you like taming they usually talk about with like a lion for example, or something that like hmm could really like hurt you really bad. Yeah, but Sean has a movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, unfortunately, there is a name already for what you were purporting to do, which is falconry. But it doesn't have owl in the title, right, but it applies to all those raptors you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted it to be accessible to people who didn't, like, you know, grow up like without and falconry is part of their media diet.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: I saw two birds today and you got one big stone. They were this is the moment they were being trained. One was like the trainee bird, and they were like big, like those like kind of big crazy birds. And someone passing by was like saying to his kid, like, look, there's two falcons and they walk by and they get pretty far away, and I see one of the bird people like, think about it for a long time, and he turns and goes they are Paris Hawks. But they were already way too far away, so he said he said it to me, and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, I can't exist unless I say this out loud. I don't actually want the engage hawks Paris hawks?
Speaker 2: Didledge?
Speaker 5: Oh, I sound like, oh, big birds? You want your voice to be heard.
Speaker 4: Hayes was saying, actually that he he saw two birds today that he was able to take out with one stone.
Speaker 3: One was we have to release a Hollywood Handbook episode, and the second was to end Metri's career.
Speaker 2: Oh do it?
Speaker 5: So my headphones unplugged for a second, can you tell me what he said? I know it's a list of two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, kill two birds with one stones.
Speaker 1: One of them is that there's a movie that you have to put out in the in the future.
Speaker 2: And then the other one is that this girl's on fire.
Speaker 5: This girl's on fire, Like that must remind you of a song, a song, and would you like to sing the song you really wanted to?
Speaker 1: No, I've already I've already done that on this show. I'm looking to show people that I can do.
Speaker 5: So much more. Said, what you do on the show is sing even though that we sip, it's not, but.
Speaker 2: I would say that, yes I have.
Speaker 9: And then everything on the show before always come on this show and live.
Speaker 2: We did songs that show yelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what you do such.
Speaker 2: A this is too important to me.
Speaker 5: I promised myself. I wouldn't let you fuck up the show again.
Speaker 2: I dare you to hit me.
Speaker 5: She dared me.
Speaker 4: Have you heard it? Dare him?
Speaker 2: She dared me, I dare you?
Speaker 5: You heard it?
Speaker 4: Daring is a sacred code that supersedes the wa.
Speaker 1: Here's what I actually think. I think you and I would have a really funny fight.
Speaker 5: Like I mean, that's what we did. Like whether or not we're meaning to do there's a reason we got into this, you know what I mean, There's a reason we do what we do. People start people just started laughing, and.
Speaker 4: We were like, oh, oh, clowns, aren't we I like.
Speaker 5: The way that feels and whether or not like we're meaning to do it or what, like this is what we do in my family dynamic.
Speaker 3: It's like almost like I was sort of a mascot figure.
Speaker 9: Is the mascot where you know the release that would be created, the tension dissipating, right, you know that was really the desired result, whether that lead to.
Speaker 4: You know, me getting paid a couple bucks or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know that now get up on stage or get on a microphone.
Speaker 4: You know that that wasn't necessarily the goal, but you know what, you get addicted to it, don't you meet raw But you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna tell us how many is therapy? Too many?
Speaker 5: Mmm?
Speaker 4: And that is interesting.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm expressing some stuff here. It's pretty painful stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like so many people like don't know how to get that out, but you figure out a way to do it on stage and give people a couple of laughs along the way. And I think that you really can't put a price tag on that, but I hope Netflix puts billion.
Speaker 3: Well, Metri your song, some of your songs that you do actually are therapy as well. I know that you consider that to be your primary contribution is singing.
Speaker 2: So you really don't remember my first episode?
Speaker 5: So you say you sang songs on it? We made up songs, Okay, what were some of the songs? And I know if it was our show. They were based on top forty hits from that time.
Speaker 2: Kevin sang a song about my teeth. That's what I remember.
Speaker 5: Kevin sang a song about your teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is gaslighting. Ruh, this is got teeth through Kevin.
Speaker 1: This is gaslighting, Kevin. I'm shivering, Kevin. I actually my teeth are chattering. You can probably hear it on the mic, but my teeth are chatting.
Speaker 4: That's giving Kevin an idea for us.
Speaker 5: Kevin, I think, and then this is just what I'm saying right now. I think, so you so this doesn't become a problem for you. I think you need to remember the song that you say about Mitri's teeth and sing it, because otherwise I think this could end up being a problem for you. She has already established that her body keeps perfect score.
Speaker 4: I I kind of remember now, But Kevin, you do it. You gotta see this sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the ocean fixes everything.
Speaker 2: Do you agree?
Speaker 4: It's been very helpful for me.
Speaker 5: We should take you out to the middle of it to drop you in with Sandy. With Sandy also aptly named.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand leaks under the seat, pretty safe down there. I got a safe space for.
Speaker 5: You, Kevin Watery Grave, Kevin, I hear there's other people in the room monitoring and did situation.
Speaker 3: So he puinted at the and I think that what really what the sign said was I haven't been listening, which is okay, Like he's got this dinner, you know, he got in trouble, like he's already been fighting about whether he's gonna eat dinner or not, and like now sort of gotta take the l eventually, just to be allowed to sleep in his bed and not sitting up in a chair at the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Table, right the table with the maximum amount of food on it.
Speaker 4: Was the song was Kevin was singing, was maybe about you? And I hate that. If I'm wrong, I'm gonna hate bringing this up. Was it about you having like stinky breath?
Speaker 11: That's that sounds right? I can't I can't open the door. Oh okay, I was locked in.
Speaker 2: Does that sound right, Kevin?
Speaker 5: He just said, Actually, you didn't hear it. He did, just say it sounds right.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't hear.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was the first thing he said. He said he heard the idea of you having stinky breath, and he said that sounds right, and since it came up. Since it came up, you'll notice that there's only one other person at the studio this week.
Speaker 3: And Ritchie, who was always inside, was like, let me go ahead and just do most of this one from out in the other.
Speaker 2: I am noticing there are a lot of curtains between.
Speaker 5: Us and these other guys they're normally here for every episode, are actually in different states completely. Yeah, because my thing is I got a look of course, or it was, and their thing is they gotta smell and they don't like it. I mean, that's your thing on the show. I'm just remembering now. My thing is stink, stinky breath.
Speaker 3: And I why it took you so long to say you We were like, what's your thing? You're like making up songs and it's like, what's the song about?
Speaker 4: I think it's about my teeth, and it's like.
Speaker 5: Well close.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're part of it.
Speaker 4: They're a character in the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're part of the tapestry of stink.
Speaker 5: Kevin, do you remember the song? Hi, what is going on for you over there? What did you do?
Speaker 3: One thing the ocean can't fix? But just Kevin's contribution to this episode, what did.
Speaker 5: You go out to the patio for so piece and quiet.
Speaker 11: When I started talking, everyone stopped and looked over at their shoulder. When I said, do you see the sign?
Speaker 5: Because you were sitting at the dinner table with your computer and then you started talking to your computer.
Speaker 11: They weren't sure who I was talking everyone.
Speaker 5: And you, and that you were looking at your competer the whole time, and then you started, and then I started looking at you too much. Not an updo purple teeth? I don't.
Speaker 11: Jack's gonna look it up for me. I can't find it. But it's wrong, something about your chin. You said, what's wrong with your chin? And I chime in from the engineer booth. That's another song. Whoa but the teeth one stand by for teeth.
Speaker 1: I did get a bluff there, so hopefully things are looking different. At least you would hope that something was looking different. After he got a bluff on.
Speaker 4: The put a bluff anywhere.
Speaker 2: I know, that's the whole point. I got a full body bluff.
Speaker 5: But at some point, when it's full body, it kind of just like cubs all the way back around.
Speaker 2: Well, you're just like tugging it all.
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, like you could theoretically tug it all the way back around, but right now it's just a two inch tug.
Speaker 5: But it's like if you tug the two inches of wind direction and.
Speaker 4: That under that name. Should we just wait for the song?
Speaker 3: Now it's kind of marinate in the two inch tug.
Speaker 4: That's a Hayes joke that I've decided to steal.
Speaker 5: Well, I stole it from someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, of course, But I do like that. The property, it's a it's a it's what we call a street joke in the business metro. What business it's out there? You just anybody could come pick it up? What business?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Uh Hedge fund management?
Speaker 7: Cool?
Speaker 4: Now do I have your attention? Yeah? You just you just love to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Huh, I do.
Speaker 4: I think I'm talking about the business of comedy. I was like a mascot in my family, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, Like when there was something wrong, like I just couldn't take it, you know, it was so thick in the air.
Speaker 12: What can I do? Put my bejama pants on my head or something. I'd go out, I do a little routine. I'd make up one of you know, a song like you said, or something. Now, no focus on me, we're talking about me. You know, they can't fuel those feelings anymore. It didn't make it go away, it.
Speaker 4: Didn't fix it, but it just it kept us calm.
Speaker 3: You think of the family unit as a mobile, like what hangs over a child's crib. Yes, and when one is out of balance, everything else has to adjust to that side, you know, And so then you try to kind of pull it down your way with whatever tools you have.
Speaker 4: For me, it was comedy.
Speaker 3: I was a mascot, and so I pulled out on that that tries to kind of balance it.
Speaker 4: But then, oh, now Sis is acting up. You know, she's on a whack. She's shaving her head or going goth, you know what I mean? Can I say something eying something different color?
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: I hope you transcribe all of this verbatim. Do it as stand up, don't add a single joke.
Speaker 5: Can be a little dangerous, making the crowd your therapist.
Speaker 1: But I think for some it could be so healing. Some of the most funny of all are basically not.
Speaker 5: For a minute. But then you take a wound and you open it up, so it bleeds right in front of everyone, and they clap and cheer more more. We love the wound, and you start to think that the pain actually feels good because you want them. If they're happy, everything must be going okay, right, they're trying new things in the back there again that's never gone off before. They're saying, let's just try turning this light off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because people can see the scars from the bluff.
Speaker 4: Probably speaking of turning things off, I might jump soon.
Speaker 3: I want to see what happens with the teeth song and everything, but.
Speaker 5: I might have to hop everyone. I mean, did you have any.
Speaker 4: Questions for me? Mitrum?
Speaker 1: I guess in your current family unit, do you consider yourself mascot or are you kind of reigning with terror the way you do on this podcast?
Speaker 3: You find ways to recreate these roles as adults, don't we don't We find ways to recreate these same dynamics and roles as adults without.
Speaker 4: Even realizing we're doing it.
Speaker 3: That's suddenly, yes, it all snaps into place, and the curtains pulled back and the puppeteer is revealed your past.
Speaker 2: WHOA, you should cut the strings?
Speaker 5: You ever think about that the mascot strings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cut the puppeteer strings on the mascot of you.
Speaker 5: They do an amazing I just want to say, like the arena puppeteers, like what they could do with those strings on the mascot, how they can make those guys flip and dunk and even like pretend to kiss someone in the crowd there.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, it's it's it's nearly humanoid.
Speaker 2: You think there's someone doing it?
Speaker 4: You would, you would?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I might split time to be heat as they say, just I got my own stuff going on.
Speaker 1: And cause's night where you are. You probably want to go to bed.
Speaker 4: It's not night, it's not night.
Speaker 2: Just a narth room by choice. You like that?
Speaker 4: Well, do you like me to open the curtain?
Speaker 5: It's dark? And here it's like all the curtains are closed here too. I mean, like it doesn't mean it's nighttime.
Speaker 2: You can tell it's day here based on like behavior where for.
Speaker 11: Your right to party?
Speaker 5: That's what we say.
Speaker 11: I went tro when it started.
Speaker 5: Wow, you were doing a lot at that time. Huh? That was on her first episode. What happened to you, Kevin? You were really you were you were chiming in and like really doing a lot of still.
Speaker 11: Wild man, dude, I try to pick my choices a little more clearly.
Speaker 4: Now, try to pick my choices a little more clearly.
Speaker 2: You need to get out of your life. It was nice.
Speaker 11: You guys want to see the ocean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, get out of your comfort zone. Yeah, sure it fixes everything, all right? You want to see a lake? Yes, hang on, let's see. Since she thinks it's night not night m HM said, we.
Speaker 5: Can get all right.
Speaker 2: It looks like about ten pm over there. Wow, that is beautiful.
Speaker 5: Which one are you and your family?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 2: A butt mascot?
Speaker 5: Well, Sean is the mascot. There's all different, there's uh, there's the leading scorer, there's the relief picture.
Speaker 2: Is this a real thing?
Speaker 5: Like everyone has their role that they play in the family, and this is all like yeah, everyone plays there.
Speaker 3: By the way, By the way, you look around the family and you can't spot the mascot. It's probably you, probably you and you.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, like you have like sorry, I'm not a look no no, no sorry, it's like illegal for me to no I have to like see anything. You're not allowed for me to like have my eyes open and like even glance at somebody that's like against the real Sorry, I just almost it again.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Basically existing in a space as a living being.
Speaker 5: Uh, if I were to commit the sin of observation, I might say that you have huge puffy muscles that are like it for me, all right? So he like and he's mad a little bit too, because like he calls off the mascot, but like he he wants that to be because he has these like huge puffy muscles, you know. Yeah, but I mean this fantasy front of you. It's like crazy to.
Speaker 2: Me because the huge puffy muscles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, very like super defined like big bicep like.
Speaker 2: People can't see under like T shirt.
Speaker 5: Big ab yeah one mm got the rest left off?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Well sanded? Okay, sanded?
Speaker 5: And so what am I allowed to do on this show? And you didn't say what role you play in your family? And Richie didn't say And Richie didn't say what role he played because.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to know that.
Speaker 5: Okay. So I'm the arena announcer.
Speaker 2: You're just saying what people are up to.
Speaker 5: I say when they walk in mop, I say from Bucknell University, my mommy and that, and just like what you know, if they and I say what they're up to, and if they do something wrong, what about the right? There isn't really a process Like also, we'd be here all.
Speaker 2: Day if you said what they do right.
Speaker 5: My family is always doing things that are right, and so it's too big a job to just be listing off all the wonderful things my family is doing, and so you think them, well, it's it can be nice unless it's your job to like find the things that are wrong.
Speaker 2: And it's your job, and that's my job, my choice.
Speaker 5: I'm the in arena announcer.
Speaker 1: I think I'm snack it, snack it, snack giver.
Speaker 5: Snack giver, yes, snack. So you're the person like so say this is like a the metaphor is like a basketball game, which is kind of what the other ones are. You are someone who has brought snacks. You brought food for everyone everyone at the game, professional NBA basketball game, and I give it. You gave it to everybody who wants and so you offered it a little bit first, you stay at the end of the aisle and do a like a.
Speaker 2: I'm on the court.
Speaker 5: You're offering it to everyone from the court.
Speaker 2: I'm going out there.
Speaker 5: And people are getting to say if they want it or not. In the crowd, each person gets to say whether they want it or not that one by one.
Speaker 2: I'm going by one.
Speaker 1: I've got a huge backpack, insulated backpack full of grape.
Speaker 5: Leaves, dolmas. Okay, let me know if you want you have enough dolmas, which you said the backpack is insulated, then these have to be. So they are created, and you made them, purchased, you bought them.
Speaker 2: I'm the snack giver, not the snack maker. That's a different job.
Speaker 1: In the arena, underneath the arena, the snacks are made, milk, milk lemonade.
Speaker 2: Under the arena, the snacks are made.
Speaker 5: So you bought the grape leaves from under the arena, brought them.
Speaker 2: I didn't buy them.
Speaker 5: I just brought them. You said you purchased those.
Speaker 2: No, you're not listening. So I went down to under the arena.
Speaker 1: Uh huh where the mink lemonade down the corners made, and then I get the grape leaves. I put them in my insulated backpack. Okay, huge, And then I go up to the court and just like in between plays like I'm not being disruptive.
Speaker 5: And here I think, but that's so, that's way too many people to have grape leaves for everyone. But the truth is people probably mostly don't want them.
Speaker 2: Mostly people don't want them.
Speaker 5: So you you found you don't actually have to bring that many grape leaves.
Speaker 1: One backpack full of grape leaves is usually big. It's a big backpack.
Speaker 2: So it's still hunt.
Speaker 5: Out of the say like twelve thousand people in at an NBA game, how many of them are having grape leaves.
Speaker 2: It's like, not that many. It's just like eleven thousand.
Speaker 5: Eleven thousand of them are having grape leaves. So to me, that's a lot, well to you. To me, out of twelve thousand, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: But see, I have a huge extended family, so I'm used to that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's cultural.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is all This is starting to make me think of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding because of the grape leaves. Because of you talking about your huge extended family feeding everyone grape leaves, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting connection to the read like.
Speaker 5: The thing that happens in that movie you don't you think that's wrong? You think that was unfair of me to think about by big fat Greek.
Speaker 2: I was saying, it's an interesting connection for you to make.
Speaker 5: Mm hm. Okay, did Sean leave? Sean did leave?
Speaker 2: Sean left right when the going got tough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he left about maybe five minutes ago. What did you do in that time?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: What's your guys favorite dessert? Can we see? Can you just take us into the room with your whole family, please, Kevin, I went to a different They're upstairs.
Speaker 11: They're on the eighth floor.
Speaker 2: What what floor are you on?
Speaker 5: I just saw someone behind you. I literally just saw someone go beside you. You're such a liar. I can't believe everyone's lying on the show. Just go show you just she just lied and she said that she didn't buy the Dolmas.
Speaker 2: I've never lied listening, but you know I've never lied.
Speaker 5: Wait, Kevin, we were just talking about huge families. Go show everyone. Go show us your huge family.
Speaker 11: Okay, here they all are.
Speaker 4: Oh bye.
Speaker 10: Bye me, Trumps.
Speaker 13: You wake up late for school and you don't brush your teeth.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is brutal. Ask your mom please, But.
Speaker 13: She still says brush your teeth again. You missed two classes because.
Speaker 5: You didn't brush your teeth.
Speaker 13: But your teacher preaches class like, you really need to brush your teeth. You gotta brush your teeth and pah, okay, the top teeth look they're pretty good, but those bottom teeth look like.
Speaker 5: A piece of one.
Speaker 13: Come on, Kevin, living at home is such a problem because your teeth need a little work in the bottom area.
Speaker 10: It's a problem.
Speaker 5: Busted.
Speaker 13: You gotta brush your teeth, specifically the bottom area.
Speaker 5: That's it, Thank you. I need something better to go out on, Kevin. You have to keep going.
Speaker 14: Sorry, you gotta brush.
Speaker 5: So you have some over, some real time to think about it. But I really need like a like a really either super mean or like just a really good line to get out on.
Speaker 13: You have a cavity, and we didn't discuss sin. But I'm here and sorry me drop it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 5: Okay, so not there.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna rip it out.
Speaker 5: That's right, doctors in.
Speaker 13: Side out of the second song, we're gonna attack that chin.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa. She didn't offer that.
Speaker 13: You gotta brush your teeth and address the cavity.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with my chin?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 13: You gotta brush your teeth and floes the bottom ones.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's think gums are bleeding. M h, we need to talk about that too.
Speaker 14: It's okay, we're not gonna get it.
Speaker 10: Byelywood, Hamburg