Speaker 1: You want SAPIs your boy Nave check me out on Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Ay before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine the Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy. We just got Richmond. We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four to seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg CAV Show.
Speaker 1: So make sure you.
Speaker 2: Tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview Buutleg CAV Podcasts Bootleg CAV Show special guest. His new album is officially out and it's crazy too. I just was in the road trip from Phoenix to La bumping the new album. We got the homie Nab in the building, So welcome man. Good to see you, buddy. Yeah, we're just talking about wrestling. H You were there when John Cena did the heel turn in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What was that like? In person?
Speaker 1: It was fire because I could see the angle when he was hugging Cody Rose and his face changed. I could see that from where I was sitting. Yeah, his face was like like if I was facing the other way.
Speaker 2: I was like the rock had a spell on him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got to see like how it looked on TV. Yeah, it was a crazy experience.
Speaker 2: Yea, I had to it was Are you like a wrestling fan or were you? Just say it was in Toronto.
Speaker 1: Growing up way more than now with the you guys. But my friends who I played video games with, like the WW. They got me back into.
Speaker 2: It's a great game. It wasn't tap like a theme song for a pay per view. Yeah yeah, I remember tap back yo, y'all. X O boys just got the WW sewed up cash Man. Cash got the biggest fan. He is the biggest fan. I think the Weekend has had like the theme song for many like six years straight or something. Crazy. Yeah, it's wild. Yeah, No shout outs to cash Man. He's and and he looks good too. He's like he gotta be on keto or something. What's going on with cash But he looked good.
Speaker 1: I'm trying on the same program.
Speaker 2: Last time I saw him, I was like, you're not on a Osempic. He's like, nah, bro, this is all like I'm working out and I'm eating right. It's true. Nah, It's it's fire. How you feel, man, you got the new body of workout. How's it feel feel relieved? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I gave my Day One fans everything they're asking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I still think like my favorite project to yours was your self titled Shit of Course, which is so fire. It was also like you're most like, you know, like drugged out album.
Speaker 1: Yeah that shit was sick for sure.
Speaker 2: But but but like, how long you've been working on this on this project, It's obviously been some time, like three years. Yeah, I feel like I feel like when you take your time like that, it's like.
Speaker 1: Even longer though, because some of the songs were older songs where I just took the lyrics off the beat and I'm like, put it on a new beat, and they could have been four or five years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy too, because when you work on something that long, I'm assuming like you could get demn itis on Ship too every day where you're like, yeah, we love this song two years ago.
Speaker 1: But demo demo itis, mixed itis every time of its reverb itis, compression itis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everything, Why my ad lits sound different on this one than they sounded everything? Yeah, how do you get over that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you fight through it? Like you just there is a collection of minds in the room. They're like now like the OG version of this really is the ship.
Speaker 1: Like there's certain tricks for certain things like Temple. I have a trick for Temple, okay, which is if you want to speed up a song, Oh man, I just give a game. But I know a lot of people know this probably, but if you want to speed up a song and want to feel normal with that new Temple, you speed it up really fast and then like speed it down really slow, like slower than the original Temple and get play that for a bit and then speed it back to that new temple that you want. Kind of, I gotta trick your brain. It's like if you're trying to slow down a song, slow down really slow, and then bring it back up to where you're trying to put it like it's.
Speaker 2: Like it's a thing something like that. I don't know, and then you're you're you're you're speeding up like the vocals and everything. I like to find spots for the temples of the songs. Yeah, it's interesting too because nowadays, like you didn't do obviously a lot of artists will do like where they'll put a single out and they'll be like a fucking used to be back in the day when we was growing up, you get a chopped in screwed version. Nowadays you get a sped up version for TikTok She's Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Some songs just sound cool like they do. They get the whole craze.
Speaker 2: But I just remember, like you know, fools would be high as fuck listening to chopped and screwed versions of like fifty Said and Mike Jones.
Speaker 1: And shit and some times, man, everything's faster.
Speaker 2: Was that shit? Every big in Toronto, like the Ahe Town shit.
Speaker 1: I mean if you're like a super fan of hip hop, yeah yeah, but not on a like whole scale.
Speaker 2: Right what uh? You know you obviously kind of got into the game being a producer. You're a hell of a producer. How much of the production on this album did you handle? I know metro Booman has his hands in on some, but like what was kind of like your production side on this Like.
Speaker 1: Like on like a record like the metro boom in one, I might not do anything. I just like just maybe someone ranging, But every other one I'm pretty much got my hands dirty, like and like songs like need You that was like a beat made from scratch by me and the drums, like my engineer came through the drums, you know what I mean. But all the music, like the playing music stuff, majority of us me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can't imagine. Like when you're a producer, it's probably hard to give because you get gave the reins up. You metro got crazy album together? Yeah classic. Somebody say that's your bit bet sound, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like even that, like some people's favorite song on that was like like oh call me help me down, Like help me down? Was me being in the studio and playing those chords and metro liking and the drums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a collaboration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yo, what can you speak back to because I feel like the record that kind of changed your life and kind of like got people hip to where you were or who you were as an artist was Beabs in the Trap. How big of a moment was that for you? Because I remember the video like it was kind of like an album cut, but they did a video and ship for it, and like it kind of like put you on the map in terms of people like like like could you have such a distinct voice? And people are like, who the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: People really thought it was justin bieber m Beabs in the Trap. Then Travis didn't list his features on the tracks, and some people don't know who I was at all, right when the album came out, I probably had like maybe ten twenty thousand followers, maybe less, I don't know. And yeah, it's like it was like recognition that came slowly later, Like I wanted it as soon as they dropping like hello, like nobody's saying me up making this v to being on there, but it took a little bit longer. But it was still the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Like was my top two or three record on that album too? Right, Yeah, for sure. And then you got I mean, are shooting the video helped too?
Speaker 1: That helped you, yeah, because they're like, hey, it's me. But even then they're like, who's that?
Speaker 2: Are you aware? Like for a wave there, like like twenty seventeen eighteen, anybody who had your haircut had the NAV cut. Like it became a.
Speaker 1: Thing absolutely, Like I started seeing it a lot in like places like Vancouver, in Canada.
Speaker 2: In Arizona, there were Mexicans who would have your haircut and they would ask for the NAV.
Speaker 1: No, but okay, that's cool. But there's another one that's like more hair. The Edgars.
Speaker 2: The Edgar it's you have definitely a version of the more hair you haven't cleaned up adds way exactly, it's way more. You gotta you have a Canadian Edgar like that.
Speaker 1: It's way more hair. These guys got helmets on their head.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Edgars are crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You go to a knots Done down here. Oh man, don't go to Knotsberry Farm during the summertime. The Edgars are running wild out there. Bro and the Wild dude they're wild. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You see some edgars in the wild, you'd be like, whoa, they don't give a fuck about nothing. Yeah, they had to cash out for sure because they got the helmet on.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Man yo for you man, Like, Uh, it's been uh, it's been a pretty crazy year, uh for the team obviously. Uh, the new weekend albums out? Your album is out. What's the camaraderie like, you know, you were at the Cardi show, cardies on your ship. What's the camaraderie like with the XO team as a whole, Because I feel like you guys have always kind of moved together, you know, even if even if you weren't in cycle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, ship it's just about like, you know, everybody being team players, you know, knowing their roles and it's just it's like a family, you know what I'm saying, Like the biggest dude will pick up garbage off the floor, you know what I mean. Like it's like everybody's humble and ground and from a similar background. So that's easy. Now what Cardi is, We've been cool with him from like way back. You know, It's like one of his first shows in.
Speaker 2: L A one time I got canceled or some shit you ate the show got canceled or you guys got canceled. Oh okay, okay, yeah now Cardi's a I mean you saw the show.
Speaker 1: It was wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much fire.
Speaker 1: But the one that we're talking about was like some like basement blaze I forgot from underground shiit like that's how long we know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. The Cardia live experience was interesting. I was standing right there and we're just like, there's that dude with the long hair, the white dude, wasn't.
Speaker 1: They damn the crowd? Yeah, Birdberry, whatever is.
Speaker 2: That dude on stage? We were like, yo, is he good? It looked like he was having like a like an out of body experience, like his spirit was being torn into the sky like live on stage. And then there's the bald white dude like running. It was just yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 1: You see when he jumped in the crowd though, and he missed it. Miss man. These kids all they do is they're holding their phones up. They're not ready for you gotta be like.
Speaker 2: He also hit the front of the gate. To be fair, I think he misjudged the.
Speaker 1: Gee, he made it over. I think he just hit the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, that's the other thing. I mean, back in the day he used to be able to CrowdSurf. Confidently, not anymore smartphones.
Speaker 1: You get dropped.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine where you You weren't crowdsurfing back in the night. Nah, it was crowdsurfing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crowdsurfing, mosh pitting.
Speaker 1: I didn't really go to shows like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was your first concert? M hm? I feel like nas nos. Yeah, that's a good first show. Did he forget a lot of his lyrics? No, he's got this thing where he like forgets like half a one mic every time he performs it.
Speaker 1: No way, shit happens. It happens to me too. Now.
Speaker 2: He is my favoriterapper of all time. We got my favorite.
Speaker 1: He's the goat.
Speaker 2: But I've seen him like thirty times, and every time, for whatever reason, he could just never remember the one mic lyrics.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is all. It's an interesting song because there's so much like you know, but yeah, shots and NOAs he's what's your favorite album?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's tough, Like I am still madic one of those hard choice though, but still Mad. I think still mad And that's like when I grew up, Like I I grew up and the first NAS album I heard was still Madic. I had to go backwards, you had to go kind of dig in Nostradamis and I Am as a double set. Yeah, and it was cheap and ship because it's already been off. So of course got that and then I started getting him. Then I went all the way back to Illadic Life's of Bitch and those songs.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, no, still Madic. I feel like it's the one that can like it's either ill Madic or still mad.
Speaker 1: And then like I Give You Power or whatever album that so.
Speaker 2: Of course that was on that was that was on his second album.
Speaker 1: Like the penmanship is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Not for sure, affirmative action, incredible fire here he said push, No, you're good, you're good shots, And I don't think a lot of people think that, Like I feel like people would be surprised, like yo, that you're in NAS head.
Speaker 1: Not for real? Like shit was like you know, telling stories, break down.
Speaker 2: The name of the album on my way to Rexdale, What's where is rex Stale where you're from?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm from the neighbor area. What's it like in Rexdale?
Speaker 1: It's whatever you wanted to be. It's like, you want to be smart and go to school and then go to college. You could do that. You want to be in trouble in the streets, you could be doing that. Like anything you want to be, you could be that. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But some areas are a little bit more disadvantage where you're like you don't really have as much as a choice, but you still got a.
Speaker 2: Choice when you I feel like, were your parents like behind you doing music or was it something you had to kind of convince them to do.
Speaker 1: My mom just wanted me to do anything. She's like anything but just some bullshoes something. Yeah, you know, it took me an extra year to get out of high school. I was like a failure in high school, you know, really embarrassing thing. So you were held back. Yeah, wow, I have to finish up. And when I finished up, it was like what do I want to do? And there was a studio school and I told my parents, like, I want to go to studios. We learn it It's far away, like on a bus an hour and a half away every day and it cost it quite a bit. So I just so my parents like put me down for it and I'll figure it out later, the money thing, you know.
Speaker 2: So like when you would go there, you learn like pro tools and shit and.
Speaker 1: Pro tools, class SSL, yeah all that shit. Yeah damn.
Speaker 2: So you were able to like you could track, you could engineer, you can do everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why I did. I just I did definite a while. I made beats and I tracked people until I became myself.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty five. How are you making beats? Is it still fil studio? Is it able toon?
Speaker 1: Is it logic for melodies because the quantizer it just works right away, you know what I mean? And fl for drums. And now my friends are convincing me to move on to Ableton.
Speaker 2: People love Ableton, Like if you find somebody who loves Ableton, they will sell Like it's like it's like finding a Mormon or something. They swear by it, you know.
Speaker 1: So I'm about to have three programs under my belts and I know he use pro tools as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Ableton's vibe. Talk to me about for you? How much are you focused on? Like, like do you even care to produce outside of your own shit, Like are you sending beat packs out? Is that something that you're still.
Speaker 1: Like uptil now? I haven't really been a beat pack center kind of person, like if I collabed on the beat ended up getting placed, for example, like I clabbed on the beat and it went from back to back. I collabed on the beat and then went on like Koda Black album with Ben billions, but he had to beat. You know he's doing that from just me from my email or from my phone. I'm going to start now because I just recently set up a studio in my living room. So I had a full blown studio in one of my rooms in my house. But I don't like being trot through in the room, so I like being in the living room. So I've moved everything to the living room. So your living room is the studio. Now. I got two set ups, a real studio and then like a cool studio like Yamaha's with a suboofer and a Midi keyboard and my laptop, and I've been making beats down. I've been making beats more often, so I might start sending the ones that I don't want to use out.
Speaker 2: Well, then you gets your album out, so now it's like, Okay, I got all this shit. You probably probably sitting on hell of shit, like how many You probably got a lot of stuff that didn't make the album too, A lot of songs, a lot of beats. Deluxe coming.
Speaker 1: I want to put the deluxe out, the one that we sold on my site.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you? I'm always always wondering when when you cause I think this happened. Every time there's like a big song like back to Back, you didn't really know that that was gonna end up being what it was going to be.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I feel like that happens all the time. Like I think with the ether Beat, the same shit happened with with Ron Browse. Really was was there? Like was there any what was the gift in the curse of that situation? Could you end up with with with with meet mil.
Speaker 1: On tap you know years later? Yeah? To be honest, it was a tricky situation because at first I wasn't really getting credited like that because of the whoever I made the beaule who didn't want to I don't know, And then as later on I ended up clearing that up and getting the credit publicly, but I was I was already popping as an artist before everybody knew that I produced back to back. And the way I got popping as an artist was, you know, meet Mile really discovered my music and was like showing a person and people like, you know, gosh and this and that, and he was really like going through that whole thing. At the same time, they didn't not knowing that I produced it, and I didn't know it was going for that song. It's not like I knew it was one for that and it was just kind of awkward. Like I remember like going around the first time and being like, damn, I wonder if he knows, like you know what I mean, if cousin knows, because I really fucked with him. So yeah, that was a stretching interesting you guys, I mean doing fucking.
Speaker 2: I mean taps one of my favorite songs right.
Speaker 1: One of my biggest records, which is like it's dope, YO.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about your because I feel like you've kind of been adopted by l A a bit here. I think I remember seeing you when Nip did his grand opening the Marathon store in like two thousand and seven. You were out there, what was your relationship, like with it.
Speaker 1: When he was here, Man, damn slow in Bucks. You know that's one of their closest friends, dropped the Queens. Yeah exactly. You know. He spent a lot of time in Queen's. So when I went over there, I went with Sloan Bucks and that day they even want to take me. I was like, yo, yeah, I just leave me in the house all the time. I'm a young artist at the time. They didn't want to take me everyone. I'm like, I'm going there, but I want to go when I go. When I when I first go there, niffs Nips coming out of the car and he told me, Yo, I fucked with re up with Belly. He's like, I fucked with that verse. I'm like whatever, real, I'm like, damn tried to Belly one of the greatest of all time. Know who I am is crazy. So Nip's like, yo, come on, like come in the store. I went crazy, bought all the stuff from my boys and all that shit, got everything from people back home. So after that, he's like, yo, come on, let's go smoke in the front kick doing it. More than he's like, yo, let's get in the ATV. Their bikes together. I'm like okay, and he's like, I'm like when you learn how to drive, He's like, oh, just last week, I'm like, nah, I'm not hopping out. I started going yoh yeah, wait up away for Bucks Bucks over there, Like no, I'm not getting off a yo. Nip always showed me love seeing him like multiple times after that, always love. He is knowledge and recipes of that man bro.
Speaker 2: Great guy. Man, you're a shroom guy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was hard on it before, but I've just slowed down on it.
Speaker 2: Now. What is your Have you ever had like a hero's dose level of Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has. I feel like your tolerance goes up the more you take it. So I did a rolling loud back in Toronto when my album just dropped, and I took over five grams in the studio.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's my sister start.
Speaker 1: She has a fiance now, the one that lives in Toronto, and she brought him to the studio because we're gonna go together. And one of my sisters the show. This guy couldn't believe what you were seeing. He was because he never been around that kind of shit. So he was like, Yo, this guy just took all those shrooms he just made three beats and now he's about to go perform at Rolling Loud And when I was so fried when I went on roll Out, but it was like I was so used to it that like my lyrics that I usually forget were like only a teleprompter in my mind. And like when I when I went on stage, I literally grabbed my sister. I was like, looked at her eyes. I was like, watch this. And then I went on stage and I was like performing and celebrating at the same time because my album's outso I'm just like it had to be the best shit ever. It was the best performance I ever. Like, I don't know if the crowd felt the same way, but I felt like I was half for the best performance of my whole life.
Speaker 2: Yo. It's like shrews. Like if you take a ship ton and you know, like you said, if you know what you're doing, you can like use him as a super powerful That's.
Speaker 1: The point I was taking them since they weren't working. Yeah, I had to take so much. I took a hero whole hero bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Belly gave me a book about uh, I forget what it was called. It's at my house. I read it it's about it's about it kind of like the whole whole books about this doctor wrote this book about psilocybin therapy and shit. And I remember it goes one time I was at Belly's house and you've probably seen this thing. This motherfucker has this uh this thing with sand on it and when you play the music that it makes fat yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was tripping the fuck out because I was like, this.
Speaker 2: Is crazy, Like this is like music is real, Like it's tangible, like you could see the frequencies like with the sand.
Speaker 1: In some way or another. They say this, even this desk is made up of.
Speaker 2: Frequency, for sure. Have you had a bad trip though?
Speaker 1: My first trip ever was about trip. My first trip ever, I was like eighteen years old and we did it with a couple of my little Indian homies. We did it in Toronto and we we just had I had a horrible trip. And one thing I noticed was back then I was running around with the wrong crowd, doing the wrong things, feeling school Da da da da, and my homie, who was like the weirdo and people made fun of him kind of type shit, he was having a great trip and that kind of like taught me something. I'm like, this guy just is himself all the time. So that's why I feel like you and I'm trying to be something. I'm not hanging out with the wrong people doing the wrong things. And it really like when I came out of that ship, I graduated high school, switched up who I'm hanging out with. Everything went. So it was a good trip technically it turned out to be, but the trip during it horrible, terrible. Every time I closed my eyes, fib breathing and dragon coming at me. When I opened something bads happening everything. I couldn't get away from the ship. Have you done d MT? No, No, that's what I want to do that ship. But I'm hell scared, bro, think I'm ready. I feel like, once you're spiritually balance, while you're sober, right, you can handle all that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're you're you're pretty sober now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I smoked weed every day. But like in terms of like, you know, the ship you were rapping about, I'll tap into stuff, you know what I mean, Like if it's like I'm in the studio.
Speaker 2: For your all time best druggie rapper. By the way, In terms of the subject subject matter, appreciated.
Speaker 1: Those the drugs kids are I'll tap into some ship Like if I'm in the studio for two weeks, there might be a day where we are dabbling something just to get a different kind of vibe. Not every day, right, that's just going to kill you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I feel like, you know, especially, I feel like when you get first got in the game, Fetanah wouldn't really like dang for real, you know, fast forward. Now it's like you it's like you gotta get the drug testing kids and ship out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if you gotta trust the source and it is good work, it's it no't matter that shit isn't gonna work you eventually, for sure, eventually.
Speaker 2: Even the weed now is fucking because they're spraying the well, no, they're spraying weed with the turfs. It's it's like, what are you even smoking in New York?
Speaker 1: And New York is heavy right now?
Speaker 2: In New York is bad.
Speaker 1: Young dudes, the young dudes, they want that over the regular weed. Yeah, because like you're like, give me the shit with the turfs.
Speaker 2: They're getting some bullshit packs from LA and then they you know, they'll spruce them up.
Speaker 1: So from week lemon cherry yeah, the Turfs on.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Man, you're a big hockey fan growing up more so ya is that just like because you're from Canada, Because I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Grew up playing and ship like Maple Leafs. Maple Leaves, they're the best they've ever been. But damn, bro, they haven't got a Stanley Cupping sixty years or some shit. So I was like, I'm just waiting on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like, are you would you see a bigger Raptors fan or Maple Leaves.
Speaker 1: Fan Raptors fan, But I'm not gonna lie. Bandwagon the Raptors this last championship. I was growing up and Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady. Of course that was my favorite team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dunk Contest days were crazy. So before the before you bandwagon the Raptors after they won with the Kawhi thing where you like a fan of another random team. Curry, Oh, Steph, you're just a bandwagon.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, just Curry Curry. We've been seeing Curry how good he is back in the day when he had Monte Ellis on the team. So if you want to Andrew David Lee, he's playing a game and Monte Ellis was a star. But when you passed the Curry, he's hitting the threes. Likes just Curry, guys, Curry got fire and we've watched him grow into who he is. I'm like, well, I like Curry Curry for sure?
Speaker 2: Have you uh if? I feel like obviously their hip hop scene in India has been blowing up. Uh you know it's like his own thing. Like how tapped in?
Speaker 1: Are you? Like?
Speaker 2: Obviously you're huge here, but are you tapped in it all? To like what was going on over there?
Speaker 1: I know everything that's going on. I'm aware of everything that is going on, but topped in as far as like how many people have had many music with? Yeah, only really EP Dyllans so far, and I plan on working with everybody if I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the homies name? With the Big Dogs record? I had him on Kine Uh wait a minute, get what the fuck is?
Speaker 1: Oh? That's going I bumped into him actually in Thailand?
Speaker 2: Well now, Thailand. Yeah, I was there, Yeah, yeah, we didn't really I didn't see you there, but I was there. Yeah, I was there for twelve days. How was your Thailand experience?
Speaker 1: Its good? Was it nice? Nice? Good food? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So good food, good food, good food. Did you just stay in that area? Did you go to Bangkok Pataya and then Bangkok Pattaya's got that street man.
Speaker 1: The hotel is unbelievable to all that street we don't that streets gets fishy, real fishy, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the street joints super fishy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, you can see them, they got you can see them. Anybody who says they get tricked, they didn't get tricked. Hell known, impossible, impossible.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, it's a it's a great place, great food. There's elephants too. You know, I ain't see the elephants and tigers. I'm glad I ain't. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And they got a bootleg mall there. That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: None. I went to a real mall. They felt like America, five story fake mall. I would love to go there just to see its fire.
Speaker 2: All my kids got Travis Scott's that they don't know are fake. My kids are running around with fake shooting. I said, wait, how much of these?
Speaker 1: I looked at him.
Speaker 2: I said, oh no, we're doing this.
Speaker 1: I had to buy a whole new suitcase just to bring fake gifts back. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: It's good times.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Shout out to a shout out to uh, you know Thailand and and and and and the hustlers out there.
Speaker 1: Is there a tour coming absolutely as soon as we can.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you already trying to figure out like the date, like the dates.
Speaker 1: I've been on, you know, my team about it having like only starting this to announce and they're working on it right now, so we'll get it.
Speaker 2: Uh. Did you go to Coachella last weekend?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you were the kind of guy to be at every fest. I feel like at Coachella you'd see nap backstage. Really, I don't know, it just feels like your kind of thing. You're going this weekend?
Speaker 1: N I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel like when this year. Maybe because it's fucking in the middle of the desert and I have been so many times. It's like how many times do you need to fucking go to understand what the happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and last year I was performing, so it was more lit.
Speaker 2: You know, talk about your uh, your just chemistry with a guy like metro Booman, who you know is one of the greatest producers. If not at this point fuck. I think he's got the best producer album ever, Heroes and Villains a classic. But uh, what y'all's like chemistry? Like in the studio, how'd you guys kind of hone in.
Speaker 1: And Cash put us together at first like a lot of people, but just genuine relationships my brother and my friend, my dog, you know, and and and then on top of we we both make beats, both make music, so it's just easy. I don't know, like I haven't worked on them in a long time since Perfect. And then the day that we finally sat down and locked in for this album, it was just flowing, like just like back in the day no Time Lost. We did like four three four songs in the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy too, because like I feel like you got to kind of have a different approach when you worked on Perfect timing where you're doing like a full collaborative album with somebody. Did y'all know that told you but you guys were going to do it? Did it just happened where it was like, damn, we got like a bunch of joints. Then we might as well make this ship a project.
Speaker 1: We knew we're gonna do a project called Perfect timing, and we knew we were working on it, and then there'll be like La sessions. Then he'd traveled to go do something untravelable something, and then we where we really locked in was in Atlanta at I can't remember the studios name, but it's far out in the bluffs. That's what we locked in through.
Speaker 2: A great album Part two one day. I know, God bless for sure. You do a lot of video gaming too, Yeah, what's your what's your go to games? Right now?
Speaker 1: I played the Weirdest Ship, like I played Call of Duty. Obviously I play sports games and stuff, But right now I'm playing Schedule at one of it and playing Billatrot is a card game that's really popular. Schedule one. You're playing a drug dealing game, like you literally could sell anything on PlayStation. No, it's on Steam, like you know, like on the oh yeah, the app. Yeah, it's the biggest game on it right now. I think like most highest rat is it like some grand theft auto ship bro. No, it's like shitty graphics but good concept.
Speaker 2: So you're like a drug dealer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you make you can sell we you can sell dope. You just gotta you gotta have your workers to work and have plants and set up lights and all that and like have a like, oh so you can set up like a grow a packaging station. It's like mad intricate, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, What the fuck? And you're doing streaming and all that too?
Speaker 1: Nah, no, no, I did the other day I played Call of Duty with Biffle on streamed.
Speaker 2: Do you feel, like, how do you feel about the whole? I feel like the streaming shit's kind of cool, Like for the most part, it feels like, you know, I think guy's like a like super cool, like DDG is doing this thing. Some of these guys are a little corny to be honest, But how do you feel about it? Because it feels like that's kind of the new media, like the streaming guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think things us evolve, you know, yeah, and it's either you get with the times or you just get left in the dust. And it's like what they're doing is cool. I just don't know about it for me and my brain, you know what I mean. But what they're doing is cool and it does well. And I think a lot of them have cool personalities.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I went on DDG stream and I was helling nervous because I was like whatever I say, Oh, that's it. It's like not coming down, that's it. You gotta have pr training for real for sure, and they'll clip the fuck out of here. Dude. They clipped everything like him and I just started having a conversation about like my pizza restaurant and ship, and then like it turned into some other ship and then I had to stop and be like, oh shit, like there's like cameras on the walls and.
Speaker 1: Because like farming now they call it or off farming, clip farming.
Speaker 2: Dude, the clip farming. Yeah, no, it's wild. It's almost like that's the whole point of streaming is like how are we gonna just fucking We got to give these clippers some ship.
Speaker 1: Now, when I was with Neon like off camera like before, like he's super cool, he was. We were in New York and we're doing other things and I just seen him were his head's as streaming like that shit is stress for sure. He's like, how can we make contact out of the content out of this? And then next thing, why are you think about your head? Is how can we get a clip? How can we get something?
Speaker 2: Yo? Let's go run around the projects with Jim Jones. Ye see what happens.
Speaker 1: He's had a video shoot with us that ship. It wasn't strong enough content, Yea, it wasn't insane bro, Like, yo, man, this shit's got to be a little more crazy. Does anybody any guns? Right? Shout out to the streamers, Man, I get it. Nobody's crazy. It's like it's like not sustainable.
Speaker 2: I feel like long term, yeah, because it's like if you're Neon and you're like thirty five, at one point you're like, damn, I still trying to run around and chase like moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like hip hop too.
Speaker 2: It is, Yep, it is. It's like the SoundCloud era but for content makers right now, man.
Speaker 1: And that audience is very like chew you up and spit you out quick.
Speaker 2: How do you think you were because I feel like you were kind of like you were coming into the game during the SoundCloud era and what I like to call the dark Ages of hip hop in terms of like some of the stuff that was getting signed and shit. You know, we think about some artists that pop in our heads when I say that, But like you were able to kind of like withstand that era, that era of music was was really there was some bad shit that was popping, and a lot of people were doing shit for like Instagram likes and clout and getting signed off of that shit, and you didn't really have a big public profile. You weren't doing like in person interviews like I like, you weren't like you didn't have that ANTIQ shit going on. Like did you ever like feel any pressure when you first got into the game, tore like I guess playing the circus with these other fucks. Hmm.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I thought maybe it might help me, you know, move the needle right and for this shit like that. But no, I'm never going to compromise who I am and do some sucker shit. I just I'd rather I'd rather be fucking number fucking twenty in the world, number forty in the world, number top one hundred in the world, right and remain like myself and true to myself and my morals, like you know what I mean, because that's still great. Like people expect everybody just to be number one, Like I'm cool being top one hundred, top of thousand cares like money, right, Like you're doing shows, people showing up to the shows, buying tickets. We having stuff. I'm happy.
Speaker 2: I think that's important too. Is like I always tell artists that, man, don't pocket watch. There's so many artists will pocket watch, and not even necessarily money, but just they'll look at what other artists are doing or other artists recognition, and then they get all self conscious about what they're doing, and it's like not not just do you right, and you your fans will appreciate that more than you trying to fucking.
Speaker 1: Do its like even like money, while I shit like that, like me and me even like I'm a producer, so I'm producing a lot of my own ship, so I'm getting the different kind of slice of the pot, you know what I'm saying on the good songs that it is.
Speaker 2: Are you able to like when you have like a budget for an album? I know some artists will have like a budget for producers. Do you like, like, are you taking out of you are you paying yourself out of your budget?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: For production?
Speaker 1: And I pay all my producers, well everybody, because I have respect for producers because I'm one of them. I know how it goes.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that happens a lot of times.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly how the loops, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes you'll see somebody will have a loop on a beat and then they get a little crazy. You start talking shit online, like bro the worst.
Speaker 1: One is and you use a loop from one guy and when it comes to clearing it, you find that there's four other guys that I was playing guitar and the cow bell on it, like, piss you off.
Speaker 2: Four guys did one loop.
Speaker 1: That's why I'd be talking everybody like make sure are you sure you did this by yourself? I'll be like before I even want to recorder, and now I'd be like making sure yeah.
Speaker 2: And like now, even with Splice, I feel like Spice has changed it so much because like, if you're just like scrolling through Splice, you could just fine, like, but then the shit that's on Splice, it's like I think when you do shit on Splice, right, isn't it royalty free if you use it? Yeah? No it is. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. You ever go on Spice?
Speaker 1: I tried it once? Yeah. Uh. Like me, I'll use like something like a Splice, but I use Arcade a little bit more because our kide is easier to like run to me but I still end up finding it, like finding myself taking the shit out or like barely leaving just a little vocal sample and the rest of it was like the always the first chords and the first ship that gets laid down the foundation is gonna be rob like me. And then I might add like a little vocal sample from a garcade or something in there, like drown it out. But I don't like to make anything that's like recognizable that you could find it. And they're like, how did you do this?
Speaker 2: Somebody?
Speaker 1: We know exactly what used this because I like that I pressed one button. Damn mad people's using this, I know right away.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gone on YouTube and just typed in nav type beats just to see what's on there.
Speaker 1: All the time? All the time?
Speaker 2: Ever? Any heat?
Speaker 1: Huh? Is ever? Any heat? Out of ten? To be honest, maybe one or two which is.
Speaker 2: Great, which is not bad because it was zero. Yeah zero.
Speaker 1: Some of them like, oh this is kind of fire.
Speaker 2: I'll do all the time, yeah, all the time. Do you ever do anything on a type beat nap time? No?
Speaker 1: I would, I would though if I if I vibe to it, for sure, I don't care. I'll find them in PIM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's dope. That's important. What made you kind of because when you first got into the game, like I said, like you were very like protective of your image and not necessarily like you didn't do any like any interviews you would do weren't on camera. What was the thought precess behind that and what kind of had you kind of like change that perspective and start just kind of getting out there more in terms of just throwing people who you were.
Speaker 1: I mean when I first met Cash, he just was looking at my Instagram on my phone. He's like, let me see it on YouTube, and he's like, are you attached to any of this stuff on here? Because the posts were in the post kind of whack right, And I'm like nah, And he's like cool, I'm just started leading shit. You're cool, Like yeah, we give shit, do whatever you want, man. You He deleted that ship and then literally like I had four thousand followers and like literally like after that, like the following weeks, I started blowing up so much and people had no idea. Then they'd have my old pictures be like, oh, this is him. They're like, no, it's not him.
Speaker 2: They was black.
Speaker 1: They thought I was this thought was that, I'm like, they're just working out. I don't know, shit, just worked out. But then I got really frustrated with Ship. And then one time I was in the club with Abel the weekend. I was in the club with him and and the manager owner of the club in Toronto screamed on me for smoking weed, Like screamed on me because yeah, and the security guard piece watched the whole thing go down, and and this is my first time ever going out with him, yeah, and he looked at it go down, and then he kind of went and told Abe what happened. He's like, what he said, what happened? He's I'm like, yo, this guy told me not to smoke. He's like what the fuck. He's like, I'll kick everybody out of this club and will be the only one that will smoke. And I'm like, for real. He's like, you know what, Bro, I'm tied to the Ship. He's like, if you do need to see who you are, takes a picture of me and post it on his Instagram like he's a real one.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, it was like the great reveal, so I need did that. I was like, oh shit, up now, oh shit, you know what I mean? So that was like twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, Yeah, yo, what was like?
Speaker 2: What was it like? Your dms had to be kind of crazy after that, just people being like, bro, what the fuck? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's sick crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like, what's that show on that Nick Cannon's assuming people don't know the voice under the suit?
Speaker 1: And then I couldn't go back around the same people no more for a minute. I have to like go do my thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you guys any plans on uh going to uh this GNX tour in Toronto?
Speaker 1: I'm shore the mom in the city.
Speaker 2: Go check it out. It's gonna be crazy. Yeah. Yeah. Do you think he's anything to worry about out there?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You love GNX great? Yes, yes, sure, yeah he's I think I think it's, in my opinion, his best album right now that it's sat with me. Yeah. Are you a big Kendrick guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have my favorites from him?
Speaker 2: What you're like, because I feel like Kendrick has like the critical ship, which is like to Pimp a Butterfly, which is like, to me, like an art piece that aged so well. Obviously good kid Mad City. But I feel like gn X is like the Slaps in terms of like replayability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like every music has its place, you know, right, Like like there's club records that I want to listen to when you're in the club in the party mood, but when I'm driving, I might listen to some nahs just you know, or just like some Kendred Like it's different even my music, like my last album, I don't think it's a club album or a record type album. It's just some shit you drive to late night's just for the vibe.
Speaker 2: Like what's the best Shrewman music for you? I'm gonna say I'm gonna start at Taming Pala and Your Boy the Weekend.
Speaker 1: I'd say those are definitely good choices. Honestly, I'm not even being biased me, you know what I'm saying. Do you shreme out to your own shit? When I made the song need You, which is a song about extasy on my album and the ouch and everything, like we literally did true but I don't repeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found this like there's a have you heard of Mac DeMarco? No, So Mac de Marco is like this like white dude, he kind of looks like Chris but if you let himself go. But he's like this white dude in all his music videos are like fucking crazy bro like this fool's got like a dragon face in one of them. But I feel like his whole entire genre is like Mac de Marco. He's hardest fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 2: Great psilocybin music. Yeah, if you're fucking ever, like in a Coachella or Joshua Tree in a hot tub just throwing some yep, that's it. Yeah, you'll love it. Due cool. Uh. Any any new artists that you're fucking with, I feel like you got your ear to the street. Youre always work with new artists. Anybody you're you're rocking with right now?
Speaker 1: New you know obviously the Destroyed, Lonely Ken, Carson net Spend, you know what I mean, My boy John Ross put me on, Put me on about that kid. Yeah, Like, if you name somebody, I'll probably be like, yeah, right now I'm drawing blanks. Anybody at LA name somebody. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So many people in LA. They're amazing.
Speaker 1: Ship freaking O th Guiredo Britos a legend, you know, the blast Beano the shortlight Mafia dudes, I actually the short lines back together. Yeah, bum thing. I do it a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Oh g Z or Phoenix, oh.
Speaker 1: G Z Vancouver, and there was like yo, this o giz like he's in the club, like he's like besides your section. That him, Like yeo, who cares? Then we said what's up? And I was like, yo, guy's cool, Like no, he's the best.
Speaker 2: They're cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like all time great hip hop hair two had the same Like I told the other I said, were you able to cut your hairs?
Speaker 1: I seen him in the strip Cluver. Was that sounds a bit deep as fun Sam's? Yeah, that's one thing. I just seen him in the color Yo, great shot like Mafia.
Speaker 2: Have you had the hot wings and Sam's the hot wings the chicken wings of Sam's. No, I don't really like to eat in the strip clubs in LA really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I eat in the strip clubs like Houston, Atlanta.
Speaker 2: The only one to eat at Sam's everything. You know that if you always ordering food that I noticed it is good. Foo, I'm gonna try it. But you're right, I think your first inclination. Miami's got good food too, if you go to Tutties and you get that fried lobster.
Speaker 1: You know you got crazy food. They got the best. Boobyock got crazy boo.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Miami strip club?
Speaker 1: Boo Trap?
Speaker 2: For different reasons.
Speaker 1: Obviously, it's just how late it's opening. The vibe. It's like a club. Yeah, don't it's like just perverted vibes. Guys are sitting watching on the stage. Yeah, you'll get a little bit that perverted exactly. Yes, I like the ones where it is like a party. We just strip in the background type ship then all over the blaze. Yes, it's a vibe.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Tutties just for the perverted.
Speaker 1: You want some Thailand ship, No, no, no, no no, I just like to get the massage ladies.
Speaker 2: The new you'd be sitting there eating.
Speaker 1: No no, no, you're the new room guru, new guru. Somebody has to put that mixtape out, the new.
Speaker 2: Not me anyway. Look, the new album is out, man, it's dope.
Speaker 1: Uh. You got a lot of music. Witheo shot coming all the way. We did like three for this album. We'll see if we do another one, but I'm onto the next project. Trying to put someone out again, Yeah, because I mean we had a gap between this one. More gaps, man, I'm trying to get your gap. Yeah, what has been the coolest advice you've gotten?
Speaker 2: Being around like cash and and sal and and enabling those guys because obviously you know they're the biggest there is. So I can only imagine just.
Speaker 1: A lot of slogans, you know, yeah, like uh, you know, don't pocket watch, uh, don't dip your pen and company inc. A lot of ship you know what I'm saying. That's always a good the ones a lot of a lot of a lot of ones in one liners that you'll never forget, never dip your.
Speaker 2: Pen in company inc. I like that, you know what I'm saying, Open for.
Speaker 1: Interpretation, Open for interpretation.
Speaker 2: If you're a club owner, don't fuck the bottle.
Speaker 1: Girls exactly exactly gets it.
Speaker 2: I do own a night club and we don't fuck the bottle girls.
Speaker 1: Good you can't. It's it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, Noah, I appreciate you, brother man. The new album is out, everybody go support it, and uh, anything else you got coming on the way right now? No, no soon, though, Yeah, I feel like you should fucking you're funny dude man, Like now that you're like doing shit, like I feel like people are kind of seeing like you're like a fucking a fucking dude, you know, like a dude's dude.
Speaker 1: I'm just chilling. I don't know. Whatever the idea they had to me before, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Next time, we're bringing some white claws because we are white claw drinkers, and uh, we're gonna microdose to start the pod facts, Yes vibes for sure, my dog nap there.
Speaker 1: It is bouleg Cap Podcast boo