Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like? Got us up eh seven seven to three DP. Show operator Tyler sitting by, take your phone calls there. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program NBC. This week, Sunday Night Baseball, it'll be the Rangers going to Boston to take on the Red Sox Sunday Night Baseball in NBC and Peacock. Peacock is where you'll find this program. Download the app if you haven't done so to be able to watch the program. Reggie Miller will stop by. We got Game three coming up tonight. Spurs are only a two and a half point underdog, which feels a little surprising to me, Dylan, does it seem surprising to you?
Speaker 3: Being a gambling expert experts a loose term, Dan bed it does see a lose a lose or loose term. It's a loser term.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I would have maybe guessed it would be Spurs minus two and a half because I don't think you think they're gonna go down three ZEPN.
Speaker 3: You know two and a half point. That's kind of interesting there.
Speaker 2: All right, poll question for the final hour, we'll talk to Ray Ferraro. The mother Ship's part of the broadcast team tomorrow night, My Vegas Golden Knights and the Hurricanes.
Speaker 4: We were talking about it last hour, Dan, But if you're an NBA player, are you taking a good career and a ring or a Hall of Fame career?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Ring?
Speaker 7: Hmm?
Speaker 3: Okay, I want consistency.
Speaker 2: I want to be great for my entire career instead of just a one off winning a title. That sounds selfish, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean I wasn't going to say anything, but you know, team sport. Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Ray Ferraro, ESPN NHL analysts played eighteen years in the league. You can catch him tomorrow night eight Eastern Stanley Cup Game four, Hurricanes and Golden Knights on ABC. Let me start there, Ray, you could be a Hall of Famer or you can win one Stanley Cup.
Speaker 6: Hmm? Can I trade three of my years? I'm not able to do. That's gotta be an easy one.
Speaker 2: Twelve years, you're an All Star, you're a Hall of Famer or you're just a good player on a great team.
Speaker 3: One year.
Speaker 6: I picked the Hall of Fame career, I think, and I never won. I got to the Eastern Conference final once, and every year did I get to do this final? Which is just so awesome. I look at these guys and complete envy the guys that win. It doesn't it look like the best? Like just to you, you know, you've smashed your your body for ten months and and you're the best. I don't know, but to being I think I was a good player. I am the example actually of the other one. Like I played eighteen years. I was good and never got to be in the right place at the right time. And I think winning is sometimes you could be almost an accidental tourist, right, You're just in the right spot at the right time.
Speaker 2: If I didn't watch Saturday night's game, how would you sum it up?
Speaker 6: Lunacy like I've been so I was thinking about this. So I broke into the NHL nineteen eighty four and I played eighteen years. I've been doing this since I retired in two so this is twenty three, twenty four years. I've never seen a Stanley Cup game like this, And sometimes we get into that recency stuff. The only one I can come close to is the Chicago Philly game that was six or five and the goalies were so bad. There were goals going in all over the place. It just was a wild game. This was this had no there was no form or shape to any of it. It was awesome, Like sports are best unpredictable, and what it's for nothing. I actually said in the middle of the third period, really quite proud of this comment because it turned out so well. I said, Carolina can't Carolina can't wait for this game to be over. They're looking forward to Game four, and then all of a sudden, they've scored four goals. And I was like, because I just didn't see it, Like I couldn't, there's no way this could happen, and it did.
Speaker 2: Why is it that we single out a goalie if he's having an unbelievable series, Like, we don't talk necessarily about a player the way we do a goalie.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know the goalie is the last line of defense, but like, there have to be offensive or defensive players who get better in those bigger moments, but we tend to focus on the goalie is standing on his head why.
Speaker 6: Is that, because well, he has such an outsized importance to to his team. It's like the you know, it's a starting pitcher, well maybe not so much anymore, but a starting pitcher that dominates the series. Or you know, if if web Byama all of a sudden takes over a game, it's him. Like there's there's probably a bunch of reasons why a team plays well or plays polly, but the first thing always becomes the focus of the goalie. Now, I thought Rod Brindamore, Carolina's coach, he pulled Freddie Anderson because he was looking to Game four. He was Game three was gone. It was there's no reason to leave him back out there except the goalie put in. Brandon Bussy had a great third period, they get the overtime somehow, and now he's got a real decision. But the guy at the other end, Carter Hurt, he's really been no better in the series. Like there's been way more goals than I would have suspected. And I don't know if the goalies have been bad or average or you know, as for a shot here or there, Carolina is up to one. I didn't like one goal in that fourth game or a third game, I still flip flop. I got another day to figure it out. And I wonder what Carolina is thinking, Like would they go to Bussy in Game four? Or are they going to go back to Anderson? I bet it's a torture's choice. Really.
Speaker 2: Talking to Ray Ferraro, he spent eighteen years in the NHL, he would gladly take a Hall of Fame career over winning a Stanley Cup. Eight Eastern Tomorrow Night Hurricanes and the Golden Knights exclusively on ABC. Has the NHL ever toyed with a three point line like we have in the NBA.
Speaker 6: No, it's just I don't even know as I'm picturing it. I don't see why they would change it the I don't know how they would make it work. Could you imagine, like in a sport that moves this fast, that is the pokun outside the line? Is it on the line? Is it like even with all the great cameras they have now, I am there's no reason, I don't think. And here's the other thing, Dan, the games have been five to four, four three five four. I mean, we're getting plenty offense. In the nineties. I wish they would have done something else because it was it was boring. This is this is great stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, you can blame the Devils for that.
Speaker 6: They smothered the game. They were there were no fun to play against. Our captain in New York was Pat Flatley, really funny guy, and he were playing the Devils one night and they've get We've got like ten shots and he goes, look at them. None of them are sweating, they're not even trying, and they just had us. We were smothered. We couldn't do anything like this. Stinks, man, it's brutal.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I wondered that all of the leagues were trying to get more scoring. They want more scoring and I didn't. And you're right about the goals being scored. I don't know if it's style now or what they will allow you to do or not do that maybe is bringing about Maybe it's bad goals in here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's skilled, without question, you know what I'm when they changed the rules about fifteen years ago to really promote skill, I guess, and make it harder to defend. The players have gotten progressively faster and stronger and more skilled than they've ever been. I didn't think like I thought the speed was going to create more offense always, but really it also helps defense. Like speed is speed is a killer for offense, right, you just don't have time to do anything. But the guys today that they play at a level that I think it's probably the same in most sports, but like it's not been achieved before. And I look at what some of these guys can do. We just we just couldn't do it. And I think the offense follows with it. There's more goals now than there's ever been.
Speaker 2: Could you see, I don't know who's the biggest goalie you ever faced, But if I put Penny Sewell, who's an offensive lineman for the Lions, but with skill, Yeah, but you put somebody who is huge, they're wide, how tough? I mean, can you see a scenario where and I don't know if somebody's tried to get a bigger goalie like Aaron Donald, if I put him in goal.
Speaker 6: You'd think you'd be all right, right, he's got to stand there, But it doesn't quite work that way. There seems to be holes everywhere. So when I played, I bet you the average guy was like at the start of my career.
Speaker 3: He was not six feet well like Darren, Pang is five.
Speaker 6: He will tell you too. Somehow he won twenty seven games and that's his number. I know because he's told me four thousand times.
Speaker 3: His head they're each the crossbar.
Speaker 6: Seems to pictures right. Yeah, So Panger at one time he wore he switched his goalie equipment with a guy that used to play for Tampa, Ben Bishop, who was six foot seven. Yeah, and Bishop put on Panger's gear. It looked like it, you know, it looked like children's stuff. And Peyer of course, looked hilarious and the other stuff. The goalies now are. There's six' five sixty. Six they're two hundred and thirty five pounds Like Freddie anderson's two hundred and forty pounds like these guys. Are it might not look like, it but they're. Huge And i'll tell you when you skate down the ice and you look up at the, net there's there's no. Room there's nowhere to go except the park's pretty, small and it bounces around pretty. Good, fortunately they can't stop.
Speaker 2: Everything what's the greatest, performance like the greatest player that you're on the ice with for one game that you witnessed.
Speaker 3: Something oh in one.
Speaker 6: GAME i always Think Alex kobled was the most talented PLAYER i ever played with with The. Rangers Brian leach played a game and made that WHEN i was with the short time with The, rangers he made a couple of plays that in this. Game one of THEM i know BECAUSE i was on the other end of it AND i just shot it in the empty. NED i could not believe that he was able to do like physically be able to do in a in an individual game. Though the best Was Mario lemux was just just. Remarkable he scored against us one, time four times in a, game and it was, like you, know it was like we were his. Problem we were The Washington generals that. Night like it was.
Speaker 2: AMAZING i find him, underrated and it's hard to say that, THOUGH i JUST i, know you, know he got, Sick but, man you could make a case HE'S i Love gratz And messer and you, know run down the, List But Mario LEMIEUX i think could have turned out to be the greatest player of all.
Speaker 6: TIME i think if people built them amount rushmore and you could even spread spread it out three or four, players if you, wanted BUT i think they would get To lemieux later in the list than they. Should, yeah he was singularly the most talented player ever to, play and part of it was that he was six foot, five AND i mean What gretz did with like his numbers are, incomparable and we'd marvel at everything that he. Did but, Him bobby Or Mario, LEMIEUX i, mean they were they changed the, Game they changed it, forever and then you get into the new guys and you, know you start to get into McDavid in. That but, Man mario was.
Speaker 3: Amazing how's this play out for My Vegas Golden?
Speaker 6: KNIGHTS i Picked carolina in. Seven before the, SERIES i thought it WAS i was, worried actually that it was going to be a bunch of low, scoring boring three two two one, games and clearly that's not been the. Case goal has all of a sudden as we get back to it become a real question For. Carolina but if there, Is i'm still gonna Take carolina in, seven even THOUGH i don't feel very confident about. It if there's ever been a series that's been a coin, flip this is, seriously this is. IT i, mean there is there is zero way to predict what's going to happen tomorrow. Night some. Series now by game, three don't you think you kind of got a, Feel you're, like, yeah it's going to be, close but this team's. BETTER i don't have that right. Now it's been it's been really, great really great fun to.
Speaker 3: Do do players eat during?
Speaker 6: Overtime, yeah they, got they. Got, well now it's. Easy they got bananas and protein bars all stocked up in, there and they're. Good back in the day that there was A Pittsburgh philly, GAME i went to five. Overtimes they had the fun find a pizza, place you make pizza and deliver it over to The pittsburgh locker room because it was In. Pittsburgh so they got the. FOOD i don't know What philly was, eating like there's nothing around at that.
Speaker 2: Time we got the winners of The Spamani brothers or, Whatever pimante.
Speaker 3: Brothers, yeah, yeah the.
Speaker 6: Boiler the boiler would be turning over with a couple of bunths of.
Speaker 3: Those thank, You, ray we'll be watching tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Night.
Speaker 6: Awesome Thanks, dan good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Again Ray, FERRARO espn analyst and he'll be on the Call game Four Hurricanes Golden knights ON. Abc sean. McDonough sean McDonough done a great. Job another guy we take for. Granted we don't Take Reggie miller for. Granted, no, sir he won't allow us to do. That we got some questions For. Reggie you, know join us.
Speaker 1: Next be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Wap, Hey It's Rob parker And Kelvin washington From The Odd couple On Fox Sports.
Speaker 9: Radio and in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten Pm eastern On Fox Sports, radio we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the.
Speaker 6: Show that's, right you can now Watch The Odd couple live on YouTube every.
Speaker 9: Day all you gotta do Search Odd COUPLE fsr on. YouTube again, YouTube just Search Odd COUPLE, fsr check us out on YouTube and.
Speaker 8: Subscribe.
Speaker 2: Well the stage is certainly set For wemby to steal a game and all of a sudden have one of those moments that we've seen. Before at The, Garden Michael jordan came back at his double nickel step drop fifty four in the, Garden kobe dropped sixty, One Bernard king had sixty on A Christmas day game against The. Nets but the spotlight will never be bigger and brighter For wemby if you're gonna step up and be a. Hero RED. G Miller hall Of, FAMER nba ON nba see lead. Analysts, okay let me get a couple of questions out of the. Way this came up about winning a championship or being A hall Of.
Speaker 3: Famer so you're A hall Of. Famer you didn't win a.
Speaker 2: Championship but IF i, said you could trade places With Rip, hamilton.
Speaker 3: Or you could keep your. Career so you win a, title but you're not A hall Of. Famer i'll keep my. Career, OKAY i love my.
Speaker 7: Career.
Speaker 3: Now there was another one that somebody brought.
Speaker 2: Up if you could change the, Outcome let's see was that Nineteen what was the Year?
Speaker 10: Marvin game seven ninety eight conference finals Or game four two thousand? Finals which game would you rather have?
Speaker 2: One you can change the outcome of either, one so you go or you don't have to change, anything but you'll go to two with The, lakers or you Beat jordan and you go to THE Nba.
Speaker 8: Finals, wow both are very, intriguing very difficult.
Speaker 5: Questions, look winning A game seven In chicago, versus in my, opinion the greatest player of all, TIME i probably would take that. Again you AND i have had this Discussion Mark jackson AND i that that was our. Thinking we wanted to Retire, jordan SO i would probably take that. One Winning game four Versus shaq And kobe to even the series.
Speaker 8: Too.
Speaker 5: Too that doesn't guarantee that we were gonna win that. Series all admit was that the series was two to. Two we thought we had that game When shaq fouled out because he was just too dominating in that. Series so when he fouled out in that game and it went to, overtime we thought we had that until this young kid showed his greatness In Kobe bryant and they went up three to. One we Won game five three to two and they closed us out and. Six so that wouldn't have guaranteed us winning that. Series but to win In chicago in A game seven Versus Michael, jordan.
Speaker 8: That would have been. Great but here are here we.
Speaker 2: Are and that leads us to tonight's game AND i wondered when we started the, SHOW i, said it feels like there's more pressure on The knicks than The spurs because The, spurs, note we lost those two and yes we're probably not winning this. Series our odds are heavily AGAINST. U but The knicks go back, home crazy. Environment, yeah and you can't afford to give San antonio a glimmer of. Hope and that's why WHEN i saw San antonio is only a two and a half point underdog, here you would think after losing those, two maybe being down on the, dumps now you're going into The. Garden they can't wait to crown The knicks as a champion. Here who has more?
Speaker 5: PRESSURE i said this on one of our telecasts about The. KNICKS i always fear The knicks most when they were on the, road and they kind of show that in the first two.
Speaker 8: Games their fan base travels.
Speaker 5: Well but for whatever, reason as a, team when we were going Against patrick And john And oak and all those Those knicks teams on the, road they played totally different when they were away from The. GARDEN i don't know what it, was but they were so locked in and, great and we saw that.
Speaker 8: In games one and two In San.
Speaker 5: ANTONIO i think when they go, home you get a chance all the things you just, Highlighted you relax a little. Bit your family's, there the crowd's going to be. Pumping you've won the first. Two you almost kind of, exhale which you hope that's not the. Case you're in the finals now and you have your two wins away from a. Championship this is the time to put your foot on the gas even.
Speaker 8: More but for whatever, reason.
Speaker 5: The knicks at times seem to settle and let teams hang. Around right, now if you're The, spurs you have absolutely nothing to.
Speaker 8: Lose you are playing with house.
Speaker 5: Money The, obviously no team has ever come back losing their first two games at home and winning a. Championship so history's now on your, side so you might as well.
Speaker 8: Just go out and.
Speaker 5: Play i've been a little surprised in this series because the same team that we covered in The Western conference that is not the Same spurs team That i'm seeing in the. Finals it's it was almost like their main mission was just to beat The thunder and they forgot there was one more series. Left they're not playing the same, way and it's you, know if you're A spurs. Fan it's it's been a little bit of head scratching watching these first two.
Speaker 3: Games were you okay with that final shot By?
Speaker 5: Wemby, YEAH i mean your best player takes that. SHOT i mean it was a clean. Look, PERSONALLY i probably would have loved to See Dearon fox be a little bit more aggressive in. That, remember he was a Former Clutch player of The, year something we've Seen Jalen brunson be in these first two. Games think about, This Jalen brunson has not played great at all in this.
Speaker 8: SERIES i think he's like seventeen for fifty.
Speaker 5: Six he's like four four twenty from, three and yet The knicks are up to. Nothing he's been great in the, clutch especially In game, one but overall he has not had the type of shooting game that he's capable, of and The knicks are still up to. Nothing that's why it's a little, scary because you know those shots are going to fall when he's back. Home and the way that mckal, bridges the way That landry shammitt o g the way they are shooting the, Basketball duce McBride off the, bench this is A this is a full compliment Of knicks.
Speaker 8: Teams this is the BEST i Think i've ever seen them.
Speaker 2: PLAY i want to look at the bigger picture, here because this shouldn't be viewed as a one off with The. Knicks they went to these conference. Finals they probably should have made it to the finals last. Year but if they Sweep San antonio and you end up winning fifteen consecutive playoff, games you would Match Golden State warriors now all of a. Sudden you, know at least for one YEAR i. HAVE i know it wasn't a dominating regular, season but, postseason, yeah like they're going to be in the conversation of one of the greatest and the point differential To reggie throughout the. POSTSEASON i don't know if we look at The knicks that, way BUT i think we, should at least statistically.
Speaker 3: Historically you've got.
Speaker 5: To put them in that, conversation and you've got to have these hard.
Speaker 8: Conversations AND i.
Speaker 5: Know people will Not they'll, say, well who did they? Play they Played, atlanta no, experience they were down to one in that, series, yep and after That game three they've run off thirteen. Straight they're gonna, say, well they Play philadelphia in the second round And Joel.
Speaker 8: Embiid but you play who's in front of.
Speaker 5: You that's the Same philadelphia team that won A game seven In.
Speaker 8: Boston they played The calves in The conference. Finals that's the.
Speaker 5: Same calves that won by thirty In detroit in A game. SEVEN i don't want to hear.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 5: People you've got to have these hard conversations about The. Knicks if they find a way to win two more games in a row and win fifteen in a row on their way to AN nba. Championship we're not you AND i we're not up here saying they're the greatest Nop, okay.
Speaker 8: No we're not saying.
Speaker 5: That but you've got to have a hard conversation on how this, run starting With game four In atlanta all the way until.
Speaker 8: Now it's it's impressive what The knicks have.
Speaker 2: Done nobody brings up The lakers In magic were banged up When Michael jordan won his FIRST nba.
Speaker 3: TITLE a.
Speaker 8: Championship is that you play who's in front of.
Speaker 5: You everyone's banged up at this point in, time, RIGHT i don't want to hear. PEOPLE i, Mean boston could have had something to say about. This they lost that Game game seven at, Home detroit could have had something to say about. This you lost by thirty plus game seven at. Home all, right you play who's in front of. You that's all The knicks are doing right.
Speaker 2: Now talking To Reggie, Miller hall Of FAMER nba ON Nbc Lead, ANALYST i Think Karl Anthony towns would be MY mvp right now because it seems to be doing it at both. Ends AND i wondered this in the first Hour ridge That Mike brown was On Golden state's coaching, staff AND i wonder if he saw How Steve kerry Used Draymond green and if he's Using Karl Anthony towns now as sort of a, larger better shooting Than Draymond green where the offense is going through, him probably more than it ever, has.
Speaker 5: AND i Think kat has embraced that. Role that's a great. Comparison Though kat's not the defender That draymond, is But draymond's not the shooter and score That kat. IS i think in terms of, passing very, similar and though The knicks don't have that one weapon Like Golden state obviously In Stephen curry and Or Klay thompson during those championship runs, again the way that mckel. Bridges think about. This people were talking about benching him in That atlanta series after the first two or three, games like what was wrong with mckel, Bridges and now he's having a historical run year over the last two, rounds the conference finals and now And Karl Anthony towns the way they put the ball in his hands and he has been able to facilitate and to your, point at the other end, defensively, again we thought That wimby was going to be able to walk on water after what he did in That conference. Finals he looks shell shocked a little, bit and it's because of the physicality of the game being brought to him By. Cat so right now he probably is maybe the odds on favor to win that FINALS. Mvp BUT i will say, this they don't win game one without the brilliance Of Jalen. Brunson and again in game, two that big shot again came From Jalen. Brunson he's he is the one player that's. Skit he's the ultimate. Closer anytime the game is, CLOSED i don't care who you're, PLAYING i will always trust In. Brunson too good a, footwork his mechanics are, great.
Speaker 8: His foundation is.
Speaker 5: Fantastic that dude just scares me if a game is close and the ball was in his.
Speaker 3: Hands so remind you of anybody you played.
Speaker 8: Against i'm not comparing.
Speaker 5: Them i'm not saying they're the, Same so people please don't come at. Me but WHEN mj and When, kobe when both of those guys had the ball in the closing, moments you just knew, something, specter what's gonna. Happen you knew they were gonna get a clean. Look, now rather they made it or missed, it that was on. THEM i look At brunson that same. Way he can get any shot he wants in the closing. Moment, now if he makes it or miss that's on. Him but there's not a lot of defense you're gonna be able to do one on one to stop. That all three of those guys have something very. Similar their footwork is. Impeccable they play off of two feet every single tame. Time, Now kobe And mike they played in the air a. Lot Whereas, brunson being a smaller, guard everything has to his footwork has to be and his timing has to be on. Point so, again don't.
Speaker 8: Cut i'm not putting them in that in that, category don't come out to.
Speaker 5: Me but in terms of making big, SHOTS i put him up there With kobe AND.
Speaker 3: Mj explain this to the. AUDIENCE i tried.
Speaker 2: To but even when you're supposed to take, shots even if you're not making, shots Like, iverson had to keep. Shooting explain that to the audience of even when you're, missing it's important to the, offense to your teammates to keep. Shooting if you're that main, guy it's.
Speaker 8: The evolution of.
Speaker 5: Life you've got to keep things moving even though you're having an off night. Offensively the rest of those four guys they look to you for guidance and. Strength so when your best player becomes timid or shy or turns down, shots the other four guys and the rest of the team they bow their heads because their best player is not.
Speaker 8: AGGRESSIVE i don't care IF i was three for fifteen.
Speaker 5: SIXTEEN i had to continue to shoot the basketball to give them strength because law of, averages your best player is going to find a way in the closing. Moments like runts it In game, one he was shooting, Terrible but all it takes is a free throw in and one a leayup to get you, going and then it seems like that rim is like the, ocean so you've got to continue to Be they Trust brunson so. Much that's WHY i think he's always, aggressive even when he's having an.
Speaker 8: Off.
Speaker 3: Nine give me your all six foot two in.
Speaker 5: UNDERTEAM i would go With, ISAIAH i would go With. AI i would go With stockton because, look he has the all time. Assists you're gonna start thinking About brunson in this case now, people especially if he if he wins a.
Speaker 8: Championship but there's others Like Nate Tiny, Archibald Chris, Paul Chris Chris, Paul, yes, Definitely Chris.
Speaker 5: Paul, yes here's, another here's another name that people don't. Like a social eight with smaller. Guards Would Tony parker be in this conversation as a six foot one and under? Right he was six foot. ONE i Believe Tony parker should be in that. CATEGORY i don't think he was six three or six.
Speaker 3: Four, No, no he was six to. One But steph is six, three, Right.
Speaker 5: Steph is six, Three SO i you said six to, one, right six, Two well he's six, three so he.
Speaker 2: S the best six foot two and under player of all time Is.
Speaker 8: Isaiah i'll go With. Isaiah What's?
Speaker 2: Kyrie he's six, three six, four he's.
Speaker 8: Six, three he's not six.
Speaker 3: Two, okay but, man he's.
Speaker 8: It so him And, steph now that's. It six three to six. Five that's.
Speaker 5: Now that's a conversation right, there because now you're Talking, Steph, Kyrie Dwayneayne, wade like.
Speaker 8: This is a very difficult. Conversation James Harden.
Speaker 3: RUSSELL i don't know what.
Speaker 5: Would James harden in that conversation with those the other three. Guys but he has the, Points.
Speaker 2: So, tougher tougher to give me a best player under six to? Two how about the best player under six? Five would you Take Dwayne wade Over Steph?
Speaker 8: Curry oh, No i'm going With.
Speaker 7: Curry?
Speaker 2: Okay is there anybody you would take Over Steph curry under six, five six' five?
Speaker 8: AND under, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Love ISAIAH if i say we have, a draft you you you have. First pick you have, no, No no you're starting your team with your, point guard so you can have anybody under.
Speaker 3: Six, Five.
Speaker 5: Wow i'm i'm probably Starting. With Wardale, OH zeke i, love YOU oh i, Love.
Speaker 8: You zeke so THEN am i on?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 8: Team?
Speaker 5: No, oh Okay then i'll Start. With WARDALE if i was on, THIS team i would Start.
Speaker 8: With ZEKE.
Speaker 5: If i was the, SHOOTING guard i GUESS and i couldn't be on the same. Team together we basically did the. Same, thing well he was much BETTER than. I was but where where we would compliment?
Speaker 3: One another will you Beat? K thompson.
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 8: Know what, You're right.
Speaker 3: I'm Gonna Take. Steph, Curry yeah I'm going i'm Going. With steph, all right enjoy. THE game i.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Game three we'll talk to you. Next, Week, yes.
Speaker 8: Well now will It be will it be over? By then are you do you think it will be over? By? Then, Monday, Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Today wednesday i'm, gonna, say no which Game Does.
Speaker 8: San antonio win Tonight? Or?
Speaker 3: Wednesday, tonight.
Speaker 8: Wow that place is gonna. Be buzzing you've got, the president that's going to be a zoo.
Speaker 3: In, THERE oh i know, THAT game, i know with all, THAT hype, I know I don't i.
Speaker 8: Can see them Maybe losing, game four. But, tonight.
Speaker 2: Now if they win tonight and you have a chance to sweep win, the title it'll be crazier in.
Speaker 3: Game four, ALL right a lot has.
Speaker 8: To happen too many, you mistakes spurs all. The time football call of? Time out he Game Mits, COACH johnson i. Love you call of.
Speaker 2: Time out He's, G miller Hall, OF famer NBA on nbc, lead analyst That reg we'll take. A break last call for? Phone calls what? We learn what's in store? For tomorrow?
Speaker 1: After This Fox sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in. The nation catch all of our Shows At foxsports radio dot com and Within the. iHeartRadio APP search fsr to. Listen live last call for? Phone calls what? We learn what's in.
Speaker 2: Store tomorrow if your hair is not playing like it did in, your twenties it's time for, real comeback not just. A hat start neutrofold today and make the. Hat optional visit neutrofold dot com enter the. Promo Code dan patrick, all. Right Uh tim legler From the mothership will join us on the. Program tomorrow he's got a big night tonight calling. The Game, Mike Breen, Richard, Jefferson, yes marvin out.
Speaker 10: Of comparison you were talking about If the knicks WIN the, Nba title like how would they be remembered.
Speaker 6: H the eighty three.
Speaker 10: Six ers they had a great, playoff run but the only one that won title and people always.
Speaker 2: Remember them that was one of the more talented starting FIVES in.
Speaker 3: NBA history i think you looked at that team as a.
Speaker 2: GREAT team i don't know if people will look At the knixt team because of, the individuals but the some of some of the, parts there you're gonna say that was a. Great team you're Gonna, Have Brunson Karl. Anthony towns if he wins, a title we'll Be a hall. Of, Famer Uh jalen brunson will Be a Hall. Of famer but we'll look back and you Know og Nanobi And mikhale Bridges And josh harden, will, say well those were great role, players there seventy six ers. That was that was a pretty. Talented team. Pretty, Talent, yeah dylan.
Speaker 4: If we only win this, one time we here, we go we we.
Speaker 3: Will that be a disappointment with. This roster how about you.
Speaker 4: Win one I've just i'd say THAT'S why i Said, if yeah not getting ahead.
Speaker 3: Of, myself Yeah you knicks fans an. Excitable, BUNCH no i Like the.
Speaker 2: Knixt team It's the KNICKS fans i got a problem with and the Number of.
Speaker 3: Knicks fans who like seeing people.
Speaker 2: WITH gear, i mean and it looks, pretty new just saying like nobody's got a weathered HATS or t shirts.
Speaker 3: Or anything they got some, new gear. New.
Speaker 2: Gear uh Let's see Willard. In Illinois h Willard by.
Speaker 11: Dan, second time, long time, six one two twelve got a question, for you and they've got a Question For fritzie dan at the halfway point of, this year who do you consider the front Runner for danette Of the Year? And fritzie for a birthday or holiday, season present would you consider giving the gift that keeps on giving all? Year long, Dude, wipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah you might be handing that Out A halloween i. Could, be, YEAH dude i.
Speaker 6: Put a little snicker.
Speaker 7: Bar in there.
Speaker 8: Is something.
Speaker 2: Halfway point most Valuable dant i'm Gonna. SAY dylan I give, dylan wow. New guy i've already seen everything that everybody else has. To, offer YEAH so i would say you. Right now plenty of time to lose, it though, because boy did you think you had the most valuable back room guy?
Speaker 3: Last year that. Was DEVASTATING but i. UNDERSTOOD it i. Got it jay is a Very valuable Adam In La. Hi, adam.
Speaker 7: Yes So my dodgers did take two out of three Over, the angels but my best of the weekend Was the knicks Beating the spurs to take the two zero. Series lead As a, lakers fan it's been fun rooting For. THE knicks i agree. With you it's a fun team.
Speaker 6: TO watch i do Like the.
Speaker 7: Knicks team but as long As, the Celtics the spurs okay seed didn't, Win it i'll. Be happy And then danny a quick two. PART question i saw That The atlanta hawks extended Head Coach quinn snyder to a three. Year deal did that seven game performance That his hawks had Against the knicks did that help him get? This contract and then, real quick how do you think you celebrated? That contract have a?
Speaker 2: Great, guys, right, yeah yeah you Know, WITH atlanta i don't know what their. Goals are where, you, go boy we had a, great season because it might be something. Like that the fact they got To The eastern conference finals a couple of years. Ago remarkable that's one of those where, you, go wait WHERE was I when atlanta went To The eastern.
Speaker 3: Conference, Finals. Yes, doling yeah that series again With.
Speaker 4: The hawks the next feels like an, eternity ago?
Speaker 7: Does?
Speaker 3: It yes.
Speaker 4: It DOES also i saw that in useless, gambling stats if you had rolled started with one hundred bucks and rolled it over every game of the next, winning streak you'd have like two hundred and sixty grand, or something which is always funny because no one.
Speaker 3: Did that but how about this same, Sports, history paul just a couple.
Speaker 6: For.
Speaker 12: You dan nineteen, thirty Four your reds became the first baseball team to use an airplane to travel from one city. To another they Flew from Cincinnati, to CHICAGO and i assumed they.
Speaker 3: Went back doesn't say that, it Ooh but.
Speaker 12: I'm Assuming the celtics won championship number sixteen ineen, eighty six and in nineteen sixty Nine The New york Yankees Retired mickey mantle's.
Speaker 2: NUMBER seven i did not know. This story, nineteen Twenty the reds had a baseball Player Named. Ed rausch he fell asleep in the outfield while his teammates were arguing a call With. The empire then he got ejected for delay of the game for still being asleep when the game was set.
Speaker 3: TO resume i mean that happens in. Little League.
Speaker 2: Sandy kofax in nineteen fifty five Made the, dodgers roster but they had to get rid of, another player, Another Pitcher, tommy lesorda was the pitcher that they made the right decision from one left hander.
Speaker 8: To.
Speaker 3: Another Uh.
Speaker 2: The yankees nineteen seventy Nine Drafted john elway's. Second Round Kansas city royals drafted this quarterback in the. Same draft if You Said, dan marino you would. Be correct on. This date in nineteen, Eighty Nine jim rooker said he would Walk from Pittsburgh to philadelphia If the. Pirates lost attend to Nothing lead. Philly's rally they went fifteen, to Eleven And jim rooker Walks From philadelphia Pittsburgh, to philadelphia raising eighty one thousand dollars. For charity this day in, sports history let's go around the room see if we. Learned Anything TODD for.
Speaker 10: Nba players struggling to make, Free throws dylan wonders if they should just fire it up the backboard instead of trying to.
Speaker 3: Switch, it Dylan The capitol bullets were, A team yes.
Speaker 2: They were for a. Few years They Were baltimore capital And. Then, Washington marvin.
Speaker 3: I'm going to either game six. Or, SEVEN yeah i got you, Hooked. Up paul would you? Learn today a lot of?
Speaker 8: New?
Speaker 3: Knicks band what? About?
Speaker 2: Me todd greatest game ever Experienced By ray ferraro on, The Ice, Mario Meu brian Leech And. Alexei kovalev have a, great, day Everybody For, Fritzie Dylan marv pouli.
Speaker 3: Yours truly we'll talk to. You tomorrow