Speaker 1: Today we have a very very special guest, two times Super Bowl champion coach of the Las Vegas Raiders and our old friend Danny A.
Speaker 2: Mondola.
Speaker 1: We're doing the twenty fourteen Divisional round game Ravens versus the Patriots. Ak the past game.
Speaker 3: And I think we went in a walk through and we missed it in the walkthrough, and.
Speaker 2: The walkthrough missed it the night before the game.
Speaker 3: That was the loudest I've ever heard talk for U. I mean, we're down fourteen twice. It's a true testament to just battling back. One time you looked at me and you said, if I get hit one more time in the head, I see that star again, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to retire.
Speaker 3: Just go bross.
Speaker 2: We have been drinking for probably eighteen straight hours.
Speaker 3: We start fighting, pushing each other. He gets me in a fish hook.
Speaker 2: With my pinky and he brites my pink. I almost bit it off.
Speaker 3: Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Games with Names, presented by win Bet. We're on the search to find the greatest game of all time and Jack, how about what we're recording today?
Speaker 2: Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: The will where the win baby, other than the Wind hotel and casino. I just had a massage and this lady, this little lady was getting me in like a figure four.
Speaker 2: I think I used my reward points too. Clutch clutch, clutch. Feel huh, you kind of got those massage eyes. How do you feel now?
Speaker 3: I feel good, But you know, my it band's a little tight still shoulders.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 1: It was incredible. She got me in a figure four and was hitting my it band. I was like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I can do a little more work on that. Later after we hit the craps table, Yeah, we're gonna hit the craps table. Maybe hit the pool.
Speaker 3: The pool open, pull open, poo looked open, pull open, Yeah, the pool.
Speaker 2: Catch a couple of rays. I love it. I was eating my overnight outs looking down at the view.
Speaker 1: On today episode, we are talking about the twenty fourteen Divisional Round game aka the Past Game with Danny m mbrolla. We get into the epic comeback, the Super Bowl run, and Dola's coaching career. Maybe some questions from bypassers. Huh, maybe some questions because look at you look right here. People are I feel like the Truman Show. People are just watching us in our life. We're in a fish bowl, literally and figuratively.
Speaker 2: Love it. I hope these Win patrons have some good questions for us. Yeah, let's do it. Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: So make sure you check out Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, x, Snapchat, and TikTok at Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you listen to these podcasts. We love podcasts. Come in a game you want us to do and remember, rate and review. That's like, that's like a song. Every time, little rhyme every time.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: The song, It's an FN song. Games with Names is brought to you by win Bet. We're here at Las Vegas at the Win Hotel and Casino. Win Bet brings you the excitement of the Win Las Vegas, which we're at, and Encore Boston Harbor, which we were at yesterday. To your phone, join win bet today and bet with the official online gaming product from Win Resorts.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Jackie, Let's go, let's go. You did two wins one week, two wins. Don't make a right okay. January tenth, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Jillette Stadium, Boxboro, Massachusetts. Late in the third quarter, the Ravens lead to Patriots twenty eight to twenty one. Brady zips it dead on behind the line of scrimmages to him and Dolah streaks up the field.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna throw it?
Speaker 3: This is the double aass game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Games with Names presented by win Bet. Today we have a very very special guest in a very very special place. We're here in Las Vegas at the Win Casino and Hotel. The Win Hotel and Casino with Danny A. Mindola, two time Super Bowl champion, coach of the loss at Vegas Raiders, and our old friend.
Speaker 2: Welcome you meet Jack. I met Jack Jack. How you doing, Tyler? Welcome? I should say, actually, I have a gift for the myth you gotta have for you. Thank you, sir. You could wear that hat. I appreciate that. Man.
Speaker 1: I think it's part of the props, but I felt like I wanted to come burying a gift.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. I appreciate it. Yeah. How are you doing. I'm great, great, How are you doing? Thanks for having me. I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. This is fun. This is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Las Vegas, bro Well, welcome to Vegas. Viva Las Vegas. We've had a couple of times here. Yeah, I told you not what I say. We cannot speak. We don't speak. Can't you can't speak about them.
Speaker 2: We can't talk about it? And uh, dola what we're doing?
Speaker 1: The twenty fourteen Divisional round game? Ak the past game Ravens versus the Patriots. Why did you pick this game? I love this game. I mean we're down fourteen twice. It's a true testament to.
Speaker 3: Just battling back, battling, battling back, you know, trusting the process and just believing in your guys.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, is this the greatest game that you've ever played in? No? No, no, but it was. It was cold. I remember that.
Speaker 3: It's freezing, freezing cold, man. I remember our field was frozen before the game. I think even the walk through the night before it was. It was in bad shape. The top left corner, top left corner was it was frozen.
Speaker 2: The grass, the turf was frozen. It was terrible. Oh how's it so? How how is living in Vegas? It's great, man, it's great work.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of Patriot guys over there, you know, trying to just win as many games as possible, and and we got a good squad man. Everybody is practicing hard, fighting hard, and it's fun to show up every Sunday and see what.
Speaker 2: Happens every Sunday, every showing up day. Yeah. Like I went and visited.
Speaker 1: You guys this offseason and training camp, and there were more people at the Raiders that I played with, played around, coaches, everything than there was at the Patriots that I visited this year. Is this basically Patriots in the Desert?
Speaker 3: It is basically basically yeah, man, Josh, Josh and Zig have have come from that New England tree and they just you know, brought as many familiar faces as they could and they know they could that can produce on Sunday and help the team win.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I need you? Do you need a shot or something?
Speaker 1: Because you're giving me real media like looks and answers like I'm in the media.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good. Ok Yeah, let's rip. Are you good? I'm good?
Speaker 3: Do you need anything you want me to? You want me to just let loose and just tell you all all this, Let me let me. Can we get into How do you get? How does the transition to coaching? It's good, man, it's good. I was sitting on my ass watching Food Network all day every anytime, you know what time Jeopardy you're over, it's it's a bad deal.
Speaker 2: Man. So I got, you know, I got.
Speaker 3: I got the opportunity to travel when I was retired, and you know, sitting in Austin and think about what I wanted to do next, and and coaching was it was one of those things.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I just love helping younger guys, showing them the way of being a professional and and you know, helping them with their routes, you know, in the return game.
Speaker 2: Whatever I can do, whatever I can do to help you.
Speaker 1: I bet you're a really good coach. And he's very like he's the type of guy you could put. He puts his arm around you. He's got that coolness about him, like, hey, dude, how you doing. You're that You're that guy? Are you that guy?
Speaker 2: I'm that guy? Man, you're that guy? That guy.
Speaker 1: Now, what what's harder being on Special Forces or being an NFL coach?
Speaker 2: Uh? Definitely being an NFL coach. It's harder.
Speaker 3: The hours, man hours We're up there at six o'clock in the morning until nine thirty at night every day. Friday is my only half day and that's why I'm here with you kicking it. But it's a lot of hours, man, a lot of watching film, you know, just watching players on other teams and scouting them and then doing evaluations of guys coming through the draft process and what we kind of want to see, you know, on our field and our team. So you're not you were never a big X is an O guy. Let's just say, like in meetings, you were drawing the whole time, you were drawing me pictures of our weekend extravaganzas and our adventures and everything. Like, are you actually you're you're paying attention in there now and I'm still I'm still doodling a little bit. You still do at the same time, like when you're an offense for five six at that point, I was for like seven years. We're talking about coaching, coaching, I'm talking about coaching, like, oh yeah, we're breaking it down in there, full fundamentals. I mean, we want to play tough, strong, you know, fundamentally sound football.
Speaker 1: So be a tough, smart football team that performs under pressure. That's it is that what you're trying to do. That's it sounds very patriotic. Speaking of the Patriots, Why are they so bad right now?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I tell you they're trying hard.
Speaker 3: I know that they're running fast, but are they Yeah, they're just haven't really got a lot of things, you know, go in their favor, you know, two back to back losses at the house or big ones at least.
Speaker 2: And how do you how would you fix the Patriots? What would you do? I mean you're a coach, coach, Dola, how would you do? Coach?
Speaker 3: That's a good question, man, that's you know, get the right guys in there, run the right place, score more points than the other team.
Speaker 2: And let's go anything.
Speaker 1: Stick out when watching the Patriots film on special teams anything, two rookies.
Speaker 2: Punter and kicker.
Speaker 3: And then we got Slater running down like an absolute mad man, still sixteen years strong. Shout out, Shout out to Cap because he's still he's still he's a you know, obviously a very the most experienced special teams player in the NFL and and and still one of the best playing at the top of his game. So we got to do a lot of great things to try to shut him down, and they got Schooler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, light are light yeah forty one.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's a menace out there making a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: And I don't Schooler. He's a hell of a football player. I've seen him make some big plays. The block kick, yeah, that whole thing. He gets down to the field pretty fast. But the one thing I just don't like, he's like a he's a very like dap up a guy after like after a fair catch like the other team got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that? Just the league? Now? Are these guys everyone's friends?
Speaker 3: They're just getting soft man, you know, switching jerseys and you know it's they're just like, hey, buddy, how you doing.
Speaker 1: So It's like, I want a guy that eats nails, you know, special teams. He literally would jump through this goddamn win resort, hotel and casino fucking glass right now. I want that guy. I want him and a guy that's gonna dap you up. Hey man, that was good, good, good job, No bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can you talk about the origin of our friendship?
Speaker 3: The origin of our friendship, Well, it all started way back in sunny Los Angeles, Los Angeles. We were training at the same place, and we kind of the first couple of days we kind of looked at each other and we're like, who is this guy coming in here? I think picking up my ping pong paddle, thinking he's a shit in armor. And it took us like two days to kind of warm up to each other. I was like, hey, Julian, how you doing.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you. I've seen a lot of your film. You know you're a great player.
Speaker 3: We should yeah, ready to say that we should hang out sometime. And then he's like, where do you live? And I'm like, I'm in Venice.
Speaker 2: Where you live? He's like, I'm in Venice And then I'll see you later at three yel of the Beach. And then the rest is sister.
Speaker 1: The rest is history. Favorite story of our time in New England? What's your favorite story of our time?
Speaker 3: That My favorite story of our time probably when we bought those two dirt bikes and we were crushing Foxborough in our free time running from police. I remember one time I was sitting on my couch, was snow It's probably ten degrees outside, and you took one of the bikes out for a spin and then you came back in and your hands were like rosen frozen, and you're like, I just had to run.
Speaker 2: I just had to run from the cops. The cops like, dude, what are you.
Speaker 3: Doing running from the police on a Thursday afternoon in our own city.
Speaker 1: Every off season we would always find we would always buy something, some activity, some toy. One year it was like remote control cars. We broke them the first day. Next year it was like little mini bikes. We rode them for like two months. Yeah, we had drone.
Speaker 3: We went through a drone stage, went the little inside drones in the houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drone Man.
Speaker 3: We played ping pong every day, probably every day, probably twenty games of ping pong until one of us was muddy and bleeding.
Speaker 1: Muddy and or bleeding itp spit everywhere, water bottles everywhere. We played in Danny's old little uh. He had a basement that was unfit at the house of you just staying at and it was like cement and we'd just be spitting.
Speaker 3: Hitting balls. He'd beat me with an iPhone. Get an iPhone once. I didn't play ping pong growing up.
Speaker 2: This guy was.
Speaker 1: Like like one of those world class like dudes that you see in China. Forrest Gump. This guy was Forrest Gump, best hand eye coordination. He beat me with the fucking iPhone. It was crazy. Now I got a real serious question. It's a real serious one. I want the goddamn truth.
Speaker 2: What do we got now?
Speaker 1: Did you becoming an FL coach just so you could get back on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, no, no, it's just a coincidence.
Speaker 2: Is coincidence? Coincidence? You're like a player on that thing. Your Instagram is like a player.
Speaker 1: We get we get fit shots, we get shots at you by you know, with your headset.
Speaker 2: I've been taking notes from you guys for for years. What do you talk about? We don't we we don't post game shots like you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm not a player anymore, so I can kind of. I can have my phone in pregame warm ups. It's pretty awesome. It's very artistic of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man. It's very artistic. He's trying to spread the football love, bro, football love. I remember I got back on I was like, Juli, you got to help me out, bro, I don't have I have like three followers.
Speaker 3: You plug me.
Speaker 1: We got a segment where we go back in time to the day of the game and we talk about pulp culture this day, January tenth, two Thy fifteen.
Speaker 2: Number one movie was Taken three. You watch that, I haven't seen that. I think I see the guy who's the Taking guy, Liam Neeson.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So I got a crazy story about Liam Neeson. I was. I was on vacation.
Speaker 3: I was by myself in the Dominican Republic, kind of like a little like retreat type of situation. Surfing, you know, riding bikes all day, you know, tennis lessons, you know, all the good stuff. And I and I was walking down on one morning like breakfast, like haven't had my coffee yet, was like sleeping, tripped over a candle, candle breaks, candles on the floor, like decorative candle. I couldn't see it. I was, it was my head, sleep in my eyes, candle knocks over breaks on the on the in the concrete. I hear the guy. I hear Liam Neeson's voice in my head as I'm picking up the tape picking up the candle. Oh, you're going to clean that up? And it was in his voice, bro, just like the Taking movies like I Will Find You and I Will Kill You.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's fucking Liam Neeson.
Speaker 3: And I looked up and there he was, Liam Neeson sitting there by himself having breakfast. And then I walked up dapped him up. He called him a legend, and then I was like, Jesus Christ, I can't believe. I thought I heard that in my head. And next thing I know, Liam Neeson's sitting right there sipping on fine coffee and the Dominican. I mean, if you were to study your Instagram posts, your thoughts become your realities, maybe that was your reality, right, that's it.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I want to one of Danny's posts.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts become a reality him like working out, like jacked sprinting on the field.
Speaker 2: All about the Bass was the number one song. I remember that, All about the Bass at the Bass, all about them? Yeah, I mean I knew something like that. It was all right around this time.
Speaker 1: January sixth, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and Craig Bgo.
Speaker 2: You like Craig. They were inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Craig Bigio is my favorite player. I had his jersey, but I remember that, Yeah, you loved him. What was his batting stance? Like you can you show us?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: You know he started out playing catcher, then he moved him I think to either third, and then he went to second base, and then from there I was like, this is my guy.
Speaker 2: He had a foundation called the Sunshine Kids, and.
Speaker 3: He always wore this like a little cool little pin on his hat and just did a lot for the community in Houston and was an awesome guy. Wow, what ego guy? And leadoff batons in the two hole, two hole. He was always a two hole killer bees you know, two hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: January thirtieth, Shake Shack debuts on the New York Stock Exchange. You know this is a burger podcast, is it? I mean we love burgers. It's love burgers, love burgers. Do you like Shakeshack?
Speaker 4: I am a big shakeshack guy, Shakeshack over, in and out every time I'm trying to start beef here, Wow, unintended.
Speaker 2: Let's go baby. That is that? That is shakes. You're in and out over Shakeshack?
Speaker 3: I am in and out over Shakeshack. Yeah, as long as it's hot, like, oh, it's so good, fresh, a fresh one.
Speaker 2: You never have a bad experience in and out. Yeah, bro, you can't defend the fries though cardboard, cardboard joints.
Speaker 1: I like the fries double baked animal style. Let's go double fried animal style. But you know what's number one over all of them? What Culver's Baby. We're going Culver's. What's Culver's, Oh, Midwest joint? But it's it's spreading though, butter on everything. The thing they started with cheese herds. They have one of your in vegas. I don't know, we'll look though, I can look it up.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 2: What was your life like in twenty fifteen? Man, I was living next to you. We were bawling. Man. That's pretty much it. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all we were doing, going to La, going to the beach, getting our work done, going to the beach, riding our skateboards around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, those were some fun days. These are fox you guys living Foxborg this year? Yeah? Hell yeah. We went to what's our best Derby story? We go to Derby this year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We did? I think fifteen. That's is that when it's the first one? That's when? Is that when Floyd fought pack you out? That was a second? That was seventeen.
Speaker 1: No, this was uh oh yeah that I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, this was the same one.
Speaker 3: Holy crab, good memory, Dola Dola. Yeah, Well we went to we went from the derby for two days. We went to the derby for two days, and then the day of the race, we saw like the start of the race.
Speaker 2: And then Tom rallied everybody up.
Speaker 3: We went and got on some on some planes and then we we flew to the Many. I was still wearing my smelly ass Kentucky Derby suit. Was that the sweating through it? In Las Vegas casino we all were. I know how many times you think we fought? How many times we fought at the derby?
Speaker 1: We fought in Vegas? Didn't we fight on this Vegas trip in the middle of the street. Remember you fish hooked me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bait my you bit my pinky? Yeah, you're pretty How you get a fish? You had a bite? We were in the van, in the back of the van. In the back of the van, rallied out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then uh we got We hopped out of the van as like as.
Speaker 2: If nothing happened, just walked into the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we we literally were. We were fighting in the car. What sparks a fight between you guys, anything anything. Oh, no, we were just we were riled up. We had been drinking from probably eighteen straight hours, team straight hours. We get out, we start fighting and we're like pushing each other, and then like the door opens, we're literally in the middle of the strip fighting.
Speaker 2: He gives me in a fish hook with my with my pinky, and he bites my pinky. I almost bit it off.
Speaker 3: I had to almost bit that thing off, and we fought on it like with the sunset.
Speaker 2: I was the most beautiful fight I've ever been. It was so beautiful. We'll have to get the picture of that picture and showed up. I have a still frame of that. We were literally I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Why were we drinking that day or fighting that day because we were drinking, because we were drinking. Yeah, that's when we were skateboarding around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't tell this. I can't tell that story. I can't tell the story bricking mortar, breaking order shut. We were pros.
Speaker 3: We were pro skateboarders sponsored by Mountain Dew. Yeah, we were telling people were pro skateboard photographers.
Speaker 2: We're in town for the skate for the X Games. Yeah, the X Games. But I don't even think the X games were in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's they weren't asking too many questions. So litzt will get our social media around this time?
Speaker 2: Well to throw the past. Man, I still I'm still kind of bum I didn't get a T shirt. Bro, you didn't get a T shirt. I didn't get it. We got to get you. We had Can I get a catch T shirt to what we'd have it?
Speaker 3: I mean, we could have done that, you know what I'm saying. It's a little late to the fire though. Look at the fury haircut that you had. Remember that that was a badass haircut. That was a badass haircut.
Speaker 2: That was That was game day to going to the Super Bowl, right going to the Big One. I was going to the Big One. I was going to the Big One. Yeah, Suited and booted. What about we did Dolah have social media? No? I didn't have it back then. Didn't have it. I got it in like twenty seventeen sixteen, and then you went on a break. Why did you go on a break?
Speaker 3: Just you know game social clean just gained perspective on life, you know, yeah, you know, try to build relationships in other ways instead of through the Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, set it through the Internet. But now you're fully Internet. You want to be on the internet.
Speaker 2: Full relationships right now, full internet Internet, I got Yeah, I got a lot more free time. Now, a lot more free time. Dms are open for business alutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait before we leave the pass, we sold eleven eighteen shirts baby we were moving night Wow total total a lot that night. Better they were up up on the site ready for sale within I believe it was eight hours of the game ending.
Speaker 2: So quick, quick, quick, that's that's taking bake.
Speaker 4: Shout out to us off, shoutout Kyler on those shout out Billy, Sam Jackie.
Speaker 2: Once you set the stage for this.
Speaker 1: This Baltimore team game twenty fourteen Divisional round game.
Speaker 4: This is a Divisional round game. Baltimore's coming off a win against the Steelers. They come in this game as the sixth seed. Ten and six season for the Ravens. This was the ray Rice season suspended before this season, so no ray Rice first playoff appearance for this team. Post ray Lewis, We're in the post ray Lewis post ed Reid Era. This is a Suggs CJ. Moseley, that kind of Flacco, Justin Ford said, Justin Tucker Steve Smith senior on this team balling out. What do you think about the proliferation of going to guys adding senior once they have a kid, like guys, now you see it, they have a kid. You had senior before he was just Steve Smith.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah, I don't know. What do you make of that move? I think that's I don't I don't know. I don't love it. We did about that. I mean I kind of like it. Actually you should.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have gy A Mendula senior on your on your coaches, Jack, I mean, kind of showing your son extra love, give them the junior name and also taking the senior.
Speaker 2: We get it. You had sex, all right, keep it going, keep it moving.
Speaker 4: Ten and six team though coming into Foxboro tough as the Ravens always are, we didn't play it. We I say that the Patriots didn't play him in the regular season.
Speaker 1: So that's rare too. We don't play in the regular season. Yeah, usually because we played those guys all the time. What was your mindset going into when we were playing Baltimore there there?
Speaker 3: I remember we we tried to put a little bit extra Schemey plays on sugs and in their D line because they kind of got because we play them once a year, they kind of started to pick up on our our signals and our calls at the line of scrimmage. So I remember we we put avalanche was our call, so it's usually a run to the right, and then we actually switched it and made it a run to the left, which would actually have me instead of chopping sugs, pull around.
Speaker 2: And like try to like block them, block and block them.
Speaker 3: When I was like, I don't know if this is the best idea, but I'm gonna go ahead and hope that he can be fooled by the by the change of play call. But they're just a savvy team. You play against him once a year, they're tough as hell. And and there they played good football. Flaka was playing really good football back in the day too, so he was, you know, dishing the ball out to all those playmakers and and good backs.
Speaker 1: And I used to hate playing these guys, and it's tended before you were even with the Patriots. Yeah, they came and knocked us out in two thousand and nine, came in on our own field.
Speaker 2: Out of us.
Speaker 3: I think Ray, I think who who was it then almost ray Lewis almost knocked your tooth out or something.
Speaker 2: Now, ray Lewis hit me so hard.
Speaker 1: He hit me so hard I scored a touchdown and he needed me so hard on my right butt cheek that I had a hematoma and I looked like I had one j lo cheek.
Speaker 2: I had the swelling. My ass was so big.
Speaker 1: I couldn't sit down for three weeks. They had to drain it. Like, I don't think I would have been able to play the next week.
Speaker 2: It was so bad.
Speaker 3: We think we got eliminated. I mean it was he needed me so hard. Ray Lewis knocked me out a game too.
Speaker 2: Like two years before or two years later.
Speaker 3: I started going to the right side and the Hilodi Nada goes, hey, buddy, your sideline is that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, oh, I had no clue where I was at. Hemet on that one. They're notoriously a tough team, man, then a tough team. Who was the team you hated playing the most, man?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I think I just remember playing the Bengals. It would always get super chippy.
Speaker 3: I remember Coach Belichick would always tell us to you know, no after the whistle nonsense, because it's going to get there's probably a fight going to break out.
Speaker 2: And that's when a lot of the Bengals were getting arrested.
Speaker 1: So we had a formation called Bengal and it was a set of three formations. Bengal, Tiger and what was the other one? I don't remember, but Tiger was the F used to move around and so Tiger was you remembered by or Brown? It was Brown Tiger, Bengal. Yeah, they were all the same with the F, X and and Z on the same side. Yeah, I think it was. It was empty and brown. The F would be all the way outside, the Z was in the slot, Z was in the slot.
Speaker 2: Are Tiger.
Speaker 1: We learned that the F would go to the slot, Z would go inside side and we remember that because it's a T word and it's no. We remembered it because of Kevin Falk. He was always the F and that's when we put him in the slot. And then when the F was all the way in, it was Bengal And we learned that because our coaches to say, the Bengals are always in jail, so you just gotta you know, they always went to jail.
Speaker 2: Remember Chatty audio shout out Chato.
Speaker 3: You'll remember this one because that's all the way in Like he's in jail and the Bengals are always.
Speaker 2: In jail, remember, Yeah, you always have corky ways for you to remember. Shit. I mean that's that's a sign of a good coach, though, you need to have that.
Speaker 1: Uh, Jackie, Let's let's jump into this new England Patriots team in twenty fourteen twelve and fourteen.
Speaker 2: Twelve and four. Most notably, you'll remember this is the on to Cincinnati year.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Bengals, Oh remember that, we got our we got it, we got our Yeah, Wenday Night Football got our teeth kicked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're Dilford. They're not good anymore. Yeah, fucking Dilford. We're on this sci and then a seven game win streaky. Who then who did we lose again? Then lost a Green Bay twenty six twenty one. That's noted that streak. That's when I was in November. Yeah, train San Diego. Yeah, because we lost to Green Bay and then we went to San Diego. Yeah old qualk Colm babycome. That was fun. Then beat the Dolphins. Any any stories about San Diego San Diego, of course, I remember we were.
Speaker 3: You and I would go for long walks on the beach after practice, and one time you looked at me and you said, if I get hit one more time in the head, I see that star again, I'm gonna have to retire.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, but I'll watch out for you and tell you and see if.
Speaker 3: You if you get your bell rung and ask start, you know, making sure you're not in concussion protocol. I think he saw the star like seven more times that year and played for like seven more years after that too.
Speaker 2: Fucked that star. That's just remember fuck that star. Fuck that star. Didn't What was our pact on punt returns?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, So our packed on punt returns was if one of us would get knocked out, then the other one would come help come hee us off the ground so we didn't have to miss the game and then possibly the next game because we had incentives on playing, so we wanted to.
Speaker 2: We wanted to play and make money and not set out.
Speaker 3: So it was like, all right, grab your right knee when I come over to you after you get done on return, get grab your crow, come pick him up, and I'll say, grab your knee, grab your knee, and so we're trying to beat the system and he come in and you say, hey, dude, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's November three. It's about two o'clock. We're down by seven. Get off the fucking yeah on the sideline. I would just that they'd bring in the independent doctor.
Speaker 2: I's fucking two o'clock. We're down by seven, it's about two thirty. Get out of here. Yeah. Proactive proactivity, proactivity, Oh my god, I love that. Also, let's not forget this was Jimmy G's rookie year, rookie year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we drafted him that you became not as not the hottest guy on the team anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh, I beg to differ. You're taking doll over Jimmy all all day. Baby. I think I am too of the cool fact. Yeah, gotta got do. But Brady, let you guys argue over this. You think Tom was mad that Jimmy was so good looking. I don't know, Tom.
Speaker 3: I mean, his pockets make him look good too, But I mean, no't matter what he looks like when you're rolling up in a wraith and he fucking got a sick watch on and your jackets ten thousand dollars and your chin.
Speaker 2: Can hit you from a mile away. Yeah, and you got just blue steel Eyes.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Cool factor. This was also Malcolm Butler Signers, an undrafted free agent. Oh yeah, he had a good camp that year. He had a really good camp. He was feisty.
Speaker 3: He's the only guy that I've seen that could look back for the ball and run faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He could track the ball, look back and keep his speed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty incredible. He had a great camp man. He was one of our best players in camp. Undrafted free agent. Undrafted free agent worked at Popeyes West Alabama, West Alabama. He had long arms and he was strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What else about this game? The lead up to this game, Jackie touched.
Speaker 4: On a little bit in the teams But you guys were coming off of buye here, number one seed in the playoffs, you get the buy the As we mentioned earlier, the Ravens had just gone into Hinesfield knocked off the number three seed. Steelers sent Big Ben packing the Dola mentioned it earlier. Cold Is held twenty degrees at kickoff when she leaven Colder. I was curious here, what was your guys approach to that buy that kind of that that postseason by is it killed the momentum?
Speaker 2: Is it good?
Speaker 3: You? Like?
Speaker 2: Like I was a routine in Foxborough. I loved it too.
Speaker 3: I mean it gave us, it gave us a full week to heal. But we would also have hard practices too, so we would kind of you know, stay sharp.
Speaker 2: Wee had this goddamn Blue and White scrimmage.
Speaker 3: We would be scrimmaging in the playoffs, man, and I mean it was pretty much live too. And yeah, no refs, but we'd split the team up into two and and go at it on like on like that Thursday, I think, yeah, and then and.
Speaker 1: Then I mean it was I mean, they give us some time off. But the practices that we had, we'd have like maybe one or two on that bye week.
Speaker 2: They were hard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was when we had that Blue and White scrimmage and it was snowing and the fucking field was frozen. Yeah, and we went into the stadium and no one liked practicing in the stadium because it was turf.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Make you make you hurt so much the next day. Yeah, Man, the bye weeks were always the best.
Speaker 3: We'd maybe shoot down in New York City, grab a bike, cocktail to get Ready.
Speaker 2: Flis.
Speaker 1: Do you any stories in New York that that you and I can talk about on national television. This is national podcasting, National podcasting. Oh we have, We've we went down there a lot. I remember one time it was in the off season and Julian and I went down there for like four days, ripped it. I had to go back for like rehab or something, and then Julian was supposed to come back with me and just never showed up to work for like another two weeks.
Speaker 2: It was a week.
Speaker 3: He'd send me pictures of like ten thirty of the morning, just drinking whiskey.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come back to just broke up with the girl, heartbroken. I'm like, get your ass broke to work. I know he was out anyway. It was like I was like, I lost my friend to New York. That's when they started calling me Gatsby, come back. Oh my god, you're supposed to come back?
Speaker 1: Or what about the time when we stuffed fifteen people into six person elevator.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, we're on our way back to your spot, and uh, fifteen people in an elevator in the elevator stops working it It got stuck. People were in there like literally like claustrophobic, like crying like so mad. I still on my shoulders trying to open the roof full full FBI wait limits reached. The fire department had to come and and open up the top, and everybody climbed up the elevator and got out a Dolago. We're going to a random another unit. We go into another unit, another apartment. It wasn't our apartment, right, They let us in there. Yeah, Dola goes right into the fridge, grabs a beer.
Speaker 1: Fucking fire department. They're like, oh, these fucking assholes, Damn Dolan Edelman. They're all Jets fans and ship. They go, fuck, you should have just left them. Yeahs Fireman D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fireman D. New York's great man. The Met Gala was fun.
Speaker 3: I remember we were late to the Met Gallas shocker and uh, like you could only get in if you're coming, you gotta get in at fucking eight fifty and if you're eight fifty one, you're not coming. And it was like eight forty nine and Julie, we were waiting in this line and there's like a there's like a long line of cones here, and it was like, the line's.
Speaker 2: Like another thirty minutes, Like we're fucked, and Julian sticks his head out.
Speaker 3: You can see his beer. He's got his shades dip in his mouth. And then he goes to one of the police officers. Hey, buddy, you look like a fucking Jets fan.
Speaker 2: The guy. The guy walks over to the to the suburban. He's like, you know what the fuck, No, I am a Jets fan, but you guys, he moved the cones out of the way. You guys need to get up right up here. The guy moved. We cut thirty minutes worth of line all because we're talking shit. Cool Jets fan in the world. I love it. Oh.
Speaker 1: The New York Police are always so cool. They're ballbusters, but they always they're always like.
Speaker 2: We're cool. Yeah, they show love, They show somewhat love.
Speaker 1: Games with Names is brought to you by my friends at win Bet. Win Bet is bringing the excitement of win Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor to online sports betting. Whether you're a recreational player or a serious handicapper like Seth, win Bet is your ticket to every exciting wager from straight up bets to parlays, teasers, and any prop bet you can dream up. All players have the access to win rewards, which are great by the way, and can redeem them for resort credit in Las Vegas and Boston. Sign up today and getting the game online or visit Boston Sportsbook at Encore Boston Harbor. There's no better way to enjoy sports with some extra winnings in your pocket. Betting is a team sport. Join the win bet team and bet.
Speaker 2: With the best. Must be twenty one or older and present in the state where playthrough win bet is available. Terms and conditions at winbet dot com. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem called one eight hundred five two to two four seven zero zero.
Speaker 1: One eight hundred five to two two four to seven zero zero. Now going into this game, can you walk us through the pass eat by beat?
Speaker 3: Well, we got to start by the full seasonally, I think we never we practice it a couple maybe three times, whether it be in a walkthrough.
Speaker 2: I thought we put it in like week two, we put it in real two.
Speaker 3: We actually ran it against We had it called with an alert versus zone right, Yeah, Kansas City on that Monday night game, and they gave us a man look, so we had to get check out of it, run a slam backside with Jojo Lefell who took it to the house actually, but because they gave us a man look, we couldn't run it. So it got called off and then we didn't see it again until I think we ran in a walk through it and we missed it in the walk through, and.
Speaker 2: The walk through missed it the night before the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the coaches are freaking out there, likerap it. These slappies can't complete a pass. And then and then they called it in the game and we got the right look and then ended up working out. Man, remember this, let me see I remember. I remember the way it feels.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 3: It's a little wobbly though. Was it a was it a complete spiral or no? It was a just wanted to get out there. I thought I overthrew them, now like doing I get this A little jogger run catches it, little high step in the end zone, tracked it down. That was That was the liest I've ever heard Foxborough. Well, we were down fourteen points twice in that game. That was the second time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tied it up at twenty eight. I tied it up at twenty eight.
Speaker 1: They went up fourteen zero, then we went to fourteen fourteen, then they went up twenty eight to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remember the lead up to this, Josh, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Josh just came up to me in the drive before, he is I don't need to give any lead time for for the dope pass, do I.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, I'm good. Yeah, sitting there shitting my pants this thing out there. Yeah, thinking about the walk through the night before. Yeah, what were you thinking when you let that ball fly?
Speaker 2: I thought I overthrew you. No, I was good. I was.
Speaker 3: I was jogging too, Bud, I don't know, right in the stride. Yeah, I didn't even have to turn the jets on.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't. I didn't want. You know, when the guy's that wide open, you just gotta fucking put it out there. Yeah, Gronk was blocking for you. Yeah. Gronk right after fucking gives me a big old bear hug me, lifts me up.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing is the next day in meetings, Julian walks in with an ice bag on his shoulder, like he just pitched like nine inning shut out and no hitter.
Speaker 2: Gavid last too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I'm like he sorry, coach, I had to get icebag from my arm.
Speaker 2: He got a smile on that one. Yeah, it was fun. That was good man.
Speaker 1: What uh, let's talk about the origin of the Baltimore and Raven formations?
Speaker 2: Remember that? Yeah? I think we got it out of Man who Man. But we got it off of Arkansas. Maybe it was an Alabama used it against LSU or use it against ls We got from we got it. We got it from a college game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was paying attention to meetings. When I do, I pay attention better.
Speaker 3: However, Yeah, we got this from college, and we just kind of displaced everybody and made it as lead as we possibly could Veren.
Speaker 2: Being on the line covers Yeah, and you're being on the line too. How did it work? I forgot how it even worked because I think SHANEO. Shano was intelligible turned into.
Speaker 3: The tackle yeah yeah, and then he couldn't go more than three hours downfield to be legal men downfield, and then it was just kind of we were kind of just trying to hit hit slant routs to who Man and let him roll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Essentially, I'm going through the explanation here. The Patriots were playing with four offensive linemen, the center, the traditional right guard, the.
Speaker 2: Right tackle, and the left guard.
Speaker 4: Like Dola said, Vereen is technically playing right tackle even though he's lined up in the slot as a running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who man got one? And then I think I got another one? Didn't I get one? Did you get the other one I thought I got? I got the raven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because there were three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were so pissed. Remember that they were so mad about this. They were trying to put issuing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean after this, I mean, in classic Belichick form, everyone whining to the league and this was outlawed that offseason.
Speaker 3: And even before thea before the game, Coach Belichick could go over there and tell him that, hey, we're going to run this play.
Speaker 2: Be alert, it's not going to be illegal. You know, we we've done our homework and this is, you know, fully legal, play fully.
Speaker 3: I mean, Harball was so pissed. Harball, he's illegal. I like Harball though, good good, good ball coach he is. He always has a team competitive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the further fallout from this, there's speculation that this kind of getting shown up on such a big stage. And then Brady's comment afterwards, which was basically like read the rule book kind of might have played a role into flatgate in Harball winding to the league and alerting the colts in the hole?
Speaker 2: Was that ishpiel?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a theory which I kind of buy into. This is the lategate season? What was it? It was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The very next game when we blew the breaks off of Indieapolis ran for three hundred yards LG.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I caught four balls that game. I didn't feel any air out of the ball when I caught it.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. In fact, didn't they have the same amount of balls that had less air? I think atmospheric pressure. That's what he'll do. I'm Bill Ny, the science guy knew. I know. He came out and defended us right away. I know. No, he did the opposite. He didn't he did? Yeah, fuck Bill Night.
Speaker 3: I got to wheel his ass out on that fucking TV they used for twenty years, Bill Bill, Bill fill off Field. We had the Harvard didn't harv didn't Harvard do us a case for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who do you trust the guy that comes on the fucking VHS in your middle school or Harvard. I'm going with Harvard, Harvard. We all we did.
Speaker 3: No one knew the term PSI before that. Now it's like my dad's a mechanic pressure n it right away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's like when your tires cold air tires get a little deflated.
Speaker 2: Frank, we trust, baby, Frank, we trust? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which Raven? Which Raven like was the biggest trash talker. Oh, because these dudes used to talk, they used.
Speaker 2: To talk shit. They talk shit. Sugs, dude, Sugs. But you couldn't do nothing about it because he's eight ten feet tall. Sugs was huge. Yeah, Sugs. He was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd never fucked with t Sizzle. Yeah, he would just he could just grab you and throw you probably five yard ten yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little ball.
Speaker 1: Who's unsung hero this game? Ooh mmm, I would say Dola. I don't know, I would have said Dola. Dola balled out. He had two touches. Didn't you have two touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You had that one down the sidelight and you had a broken ankle, right, Uh? Not that year, uh, the year the year after that year after that maybe two years after that.
Speaker 3: Five catches, eighty one yards, two tuddies. Yeah, you had that one down the sideline where you made you broke a tackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I jump in. Yeah. I got to the sideline and you go, did you just did you just do a jumper? No, It's like, yeah, I did a jumper. Man just did a jumper. Did a jumper. It's always tight. When you get to dive by the pylon, it's like a fucking yard sale. I love that. The knock it over, I was knock it over. Yeah, that's what I'm sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fun fact during this season against the Colts, Jonas Gray ran for what thirty seven tred four touchdowns. Following Thursday, his phone didn't charge. He missed the team meeting. We cut him, didn't we cut him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He got cut last the whole season.
Speaker 3: Him back on practice squad, I think, but he missed the squad meeting the next day and then that was it.
Speaker 1: This is where Tom This is where Belichick tied Tom Landry for most postseason wins and past.
Speaker 4: Joe Montana for most playoff touchdown passes. So this was a pretty historic game. This was I mean two fourteen point comebacks for a thirty five thirty one. I mean, this, this game right here and Super Bowl win sling shot a whole lot of things. It sling shot us going to the Derby.
Speaker 1: It's sling shot Baltimore righting trying to say something about fucking balls into flight gate to the Colts and Colts you know, this is a sling shot game, which is.
Speaker 4: More of an impressive comeback though this one or the twenty eight to three Falcon super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a super.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty eight to three, man, because technically this is more point like you were down twenty eight if you can buy those two fourteen, but yeah, you gotta something about splitting them up.
Speaker 2: And you're right. The Super Bowl twenty eight to three, I mean, gotta.
Speaker 3: Go with that one three four score game as a as a twenty eight to three, whereas it's two fourteens is just two scores each.
Speaker 2: That's true in math and twenty eight to three game.
Speaker 4: Dola was responsible kind of for that second half when he came up with gotta believe that's.
Speaker 2: What Dolea used to say. He came up with that. He not come with that.
Speaker 3: I came up with that playing ping pong without question. No, he didn't without question, and then he stole it right up right over.
Speaker 1: You always gotta believe right, that's bullshit, Danny. No, nah, dude, we made that.
Speaker 2: I made that up. Did you see the T shirt? If it's not on a T shirt? Didn't you didn't make it up? All right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where does the past rank among our favorite on field memories? It's up there, bro, I think it is. It's up there.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of good memories on the field, but there's just there's five years of But.
Speaker 1: That was us incorporate that we both got touchball in one play. Yeah, pretty tight. I gotta touchdown. You got to touch on it.
Speaker 3: You got sicker that you got to throw it. But you know, didn't you You had a couple of throws, a couple of throws. Yeah you may you have a touchdown pass? Yeah right, I got I got to Saint Louis, who are three? I got two touchdown passes?
Speaker 2: Could sling it? Two touchdowns? Don't look? Could sling it? We asked Gronk.
Speaker 1: We just had him on a few weeks ago top five most hands on Patriots. He put you, I think at two already put Dola to.
Speaker 3: To.
Speaker 2: I believe I gotta get review the tape, but I think it was two.
Speaker 1: Two and he would he did, he go, Jimmy g on on one Tom Tom one, Tom's always one smart. What's your top five?
Speaker 2: Daddy? We gotta go.
Speaker 1: We gotta go TV number one, just because he's your TV. You're going, you'renge. You're on TV over Jimmy your good looks. Yeah, you're good Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy's handsome Italian scorpio. You know, we got the same birthday, same birthday, same birthday, November second. I'm older than him obviously, but we got I remember that one birthday you had you were having like a where were.
Speaker 2: We were downtown?
Speaker 3: Yes, we're at We're at We're at Straga and I have, like, you know, all my family there. I told Julian to come and by the time Jewels got there at like eleven, he is wasted and.
Speaker 2: Then he walks in with I'm with like my uncle, like we're wearing nice.
Speaker 3: Just didn't we just went an we just won something. We know it was November second, so we weren't in the playoffs yet. I think we had a game a couple of days before and then so we're wearing like nice suits and we're having a nice dinner.
Speaker 2: It's like thirty people in there.
Speaker 3: And I'm sitting there and Julian walks in with a bottle of champagne and just sprays me with the bottle of champagne in the middle of the restaurant. And now I'm soaked through the restaurant. And then uhbo, someoney went and grabbed me a T shirt from like the Bruins stand downstairs, and like I'm wearing now, I'm wearing a Bruin's tea around.
Speaker 1: I went right up into that. I went right up into that restaurant. I went straight to the bar, like give me, give me a champagne right now, give me a whole bottle, and just went in, didn't say anything, and she started spraying.
Speaker 2: We went through a thing went. I got some great videos.
Speaker 3: Man, after we won the super Bowl, just literally like tell them the story about how we were after the first super Bowl we won, how we hired that guy to just follow us around with a broom.
Speaker 1: We went to I forget the club. We went to the club in Boston, and uh we just said, give us forty bottles of champagne. I don't know why we just started a spraying each other. It was because of fourteen, remember fourteen.
Speaker 3: In La Yeah, we started originated in La at like the beach club. But we go we hired this guy and and and we got forty bottles of champagne and uh, they brought him out in a wheelbarrow and then we're like follow us and we just walked. We walked around the whole place and we'd either spray it and then and then bust it on the ground or just busted on the ground. And then we gave some We gave a guy some money to follow us around with a broom and like a pale to just to pick up all the broken.
Speaker 2: Glass, all broken glass, just like complete destruction.
Speaker 3: We were walking down the street wheelbarrow and then a guy with a broom and we were just chugging champagne, spraying it and breaking up. There was a snowstorm that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was reckless.
Speaker 1: We started the night by coming off the there was a lady stuck. We got out of the car. Yeah, we just won a super Bowl. We got out of the car to push her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was stuck in the snow. Some old lady on the bridge. Dude. Remember, yeah, dude, good Samaritans over here.
Speaker 1: She's stuck old ladies, Louise, What about that Harvey Weinstein story hit the make Ella.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, So we're pissing, we're in the we're in the we're in the bathroom at the And I didn't know who he was either, and and so we kind of knew he was, like, you know, a big New York guy, like fucking loved what do you like the jets of the Giants?
Speaker 2: Giants? Giants.
Speaker 3: So we're pissing next to Harvey Weinstein and uh and Jewels is on one side. I'm on the other and Harvey, Harvey's like, as long as I'm in Hollywood, you will never work in show business playing for the Patriots. And I'm like, and I go, I go, Harvey, as long as we're playing for the Patriots, the Giants will never win the Super Bowl. Did you sneak a peak? I heard he had like a fucked up little dick. No, I didn't see any sneak a peak.
Speaker 2: One time I saw.
Speaker 3: For those guys in the shower National Geographic Bird Watchers, you walked your birds.
Speaker 4: I was at the fountain Blue Miami. This was years ago and uh, I was peeing next to Alonzo morning. I complimented his rolex.
Speaker 3: What about Mike Leachy, Mike Leech stories and the best man, and he's he's, uh, well, hammered onsdon't always man. He's the type of guy that we'll call him hammered at like two three in the morning and he'll talk to you for like two hours.
Speaker 2: Two hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Me and Chris Long used to do it all the time too. It's h is awesome man. Rest in peace, Mike. He's he's a he was a special, special person. I got to spend a lot of time with him in Key West about two years ago in the off season, sat at his bar, drank with him for three hours, talk shop, talk football, talk life. He had.
Speaker 2: He had such a unique way of.
Speaker 3: Just life, lessons and and just he He'd be talking about women's softball and try to and you get a new perspective on life by the end of the story. He's just like such an amazing individual man and and huge influence on my life. All right, P all right, p what about Kingsbury, Oh, Cliffy, you know he's in usc living the dream right now.
Speaker 1: Bro, he's is he gonna So do you think this whole thing with I heard the kid Caleb said he's not going to go to certain teams.
Speaker 2: You think a team may hire Cliff to be a head coach so to flourish, Okayleb.
Speaker 3: I mean I think Cliff is an asset to any team he's on. You know, he's he's been a coaching on every level. And you know he's he's a smart offensive mine and you see he knows talent when he.
Speaker 2: Sees football talk. Tell us a good story, any any good stories.
Speaker 3: If he's in right now, he's in the penthouse at the Ritz Carlton living the living the dream, living the dream, coaching sc Yeah, so he's he's, Uh, he's got He's in a great situation. Best Dana, Holla Gross and Holgerson, Dana Holgerson. You met him actually one night when here in Vegas, when you and I were walking around the Cosmo and he was playing blackjack one night. I'm like, Yo, this is my guy. You got to meet him, and uh, everyone loves chopped him up. I think we went out that night with him for a couple of hours before it got a little coach right, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great He's a great dude. Man, He's he's my mister Miyagia football.
Speaker 3: Like he recruited me out of high school and taught me how to play receiver and really gave me more about you know what it takes mentally to you know, approach the game.
Speaker 2: And and he's a great coach Old Houston. Remember we talked to Houston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, we walk in. We walk in to talk to the University of Houston and it's me and you told it. It's it's it's me.
Speaker 2: Me and Joels are.
Speaker 3: Talking to the team and and Major apple White is the head coach of the team, and Major apple White is a legend in Texas, and uh, you know, Jewels gets up there.
Speaker 2: First thing he says, oh, I like to thank Coach Applegate for letting us come out today. And I'm like, apple White, you idiot, And then he goes, all right, I'd like to think Coach apple would bro it's a I told told the story to Ricky Williams. Yeah, because Ricky Williams played with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apple White is the reason why Ricky Williams started smoking wheat White.
Speaker 2: I think what he messed with he was he was he was banging Ricky's girl while they were in the backfield together. And that and then so the Applewood story is perfect. Yeah, I mean we got him back. We showed him it was boss. We're Ricky guys. Hey apple would he would?
Speaker 1: He just gave me like a like a five minute introduction to about everything. You show a hell of respect, boys, is what we gotta do.
Speaker 2: Forget everything. Your coach just said, you get a fucking apple Wood man, Jackie. We miss a thing. Oh, we got a We got a couple of little uh little notes here.
Speaker 4: We talked Mike Leach, we're talking, Dana, don't sleep on Iowa wesley And a lot of good football knowledge came out of a little school, Iowa Wesleyan. Also Belichick, No, that was Wesleyans. Yeah, connect agains. Sorry, sorry, sorry, Dola. Two career touchdown passes in the NFL. We were on that one, Jules.
Speaker 2: A notable touchdown pass in the NFL in this game went back to Kent.
Speaker 4: State where you played quarterback. Did the reverse? You had one catch your college career.
Speaker 2: I did. Do you remember it? It was a first pass.
Speaker 1: It was Louisiana Lafayette. It was a it was I threw it and I threw back and they threw it back to me. Yeah, Sember eleven, it's like a ten yard game. It was on third downe first down, first down, bro one catch eleven yard.
Speaker 2: That's sick and you got it and you nailed it. Brother. We uh we lost the game twenty twelve. What's up twenty to twelve? We lost? Yeah, we didn't. We didn't go in there, so we played Louisa Lafayette. That it was like, was it in Louisiana? Yeah, it was hot.
Speaker 1: Used to have a sign like for intimidation and have the thermometer that was like definitely like fifteen degrees off, fifteen.
Speaker 2: Next to it saying it's ninety eight. No, they said U thirteen feet below sea level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeahman is about to pop out, Like I think it's just for humidity, more human.
Speaker 2: It was fucking hot as balls down there. It's hot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to have to put sand in the field turf because the rubber would melt. Yeah, they put sand in there. It would melt, melts to the bottom of your cleats, so dunk up.
Speaker 2: Yeah that it was. It was hot. Let's What's what's the name of this game, Danny, what's the name of this game? The name of this game? What's the name of this game?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll tell you what the double comeback is pretty sick, double comeback, double comeback.
Speaker 1: Double pass game, the pass game, double comeback. I like double come Backt's go double comeback. All right, let's score the game presented by win Bett. Of course, is this the greatest game of all time?
Speaker 2: Let's score?
Speaker 1: It's stakes high stakes, high stakes, super high So one out of ten?
Speaker 2: What do you score it? Steaks? Ten? Ten in or go home? Maybe? All right? What's the super Bowl stakes? Twelve? I like that answer? Ten?
Speaker 3: Ted?
Speaker 2: Star power?
Speaker 1: We any we got any stars? And who were the stars besides the players? Any stars at this game? Wallburg exciting or anything not that. I beef with that flax.
Speaker 3: Still, once we get him on, we can squash it. Yeah, we gotta squash it. Once we get him on.
Speaker 2: Here's the only way to squash it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember watching ESPO one day. He was going on like a circuit promoting some movie. He said, Patriots Receivers dog shit or something. Yeah, come on, Ben, we were we were drinking with you and Matt Damon at the fucking met gallap in Boston Accents, Boston accents.
Speaker 2: He said, we were great. Live to be Ben fucking live to me.
Speaker 3: I remember one time I walked into a party in La and Ben was there and Matt Damon was there, and it was like Matt Damon, Ben didn't recognize me, but Matt was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's Ammondola. And then and then Ben Affleck comes up to me and he's fucking tall, by the ways, and he goes, look at him. He's so fucking little, and he picks me up like a baby, bro.
Speaker 3: And Matt goes put him, fucking put him down, put Like, I can't believe Ben Affley just picked me up like a fucking baby.
Speaker 2: Star power. What's our one out of ten?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: I don't remember anybody.
Speaker 4: There, Brady, you guys, Bill Sex, Yeah, I mean Ray and ed Reid were out there.
Speaker 2: It's different. I bumped it up and it ain't.
Speaker 1: He s only got that star power Ray, Ray and Eddie had Sorry, And I love tis gameplay. This is a fucking great gameplay. Game come back down fourteen twice in football? I mean, zer out of ten?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's up there about say eighty can say it's north to seven and a half, Yeah, seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: The name the double comeback sounds like a sex position. I don't know why. I gotta get my It's Vegas, brother, it's Vegas. It's because we're here at the Win. It's right hotel and casino in Las Vegas. And I was at the Win Boston Harbor a couple of days ago with the name. What's the score of the name, Dola?
Speaker 2: What do you think? It's pretty tight? Man? I mean it's up there, pretty tight, pretty tight man? What do you think? How's this? How does this compared to all the other names of your games? Let's see eight and a half, eight and a half? Nah, seven and a half, seven and a half.
Speaker 3: The day eight?
Speaker 2: So what's our seven and a half? Is our eight? Eight? Eight flat? Title? Where's it ranks? Jackie Tyler?
Speaker 4: This one is coming in just in front of Super Bowl twenty seven Cowboys bills with Michael Irvin, and it is just above the Celtics Lakers wheelchair wheelchair game, so it sandwiched in between those two games.
Speaker 2: An eight flat? Did he should his pants? We asked him?
Speaker 1: I actually just saw Paul Pierce at the fucking we flew out of La together. Oh way, yesterday, he's celebrating his birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: You want to tell me a story about hanging with Paul Pierce. I guess everybody knows that story about when you try to.
Speaker 2: Tell those slide hood slide. I've told it one hundred times. It's a good one though. Start seeing Hutch across the front of a Benz.
Speaker 4: And he's like when they're like a jewelry heist across the street and bottles of tequila that yeah, fuck we got there was.
Speaker 2: A raid and we had that.
Speaker 3: We were forced to drink for three hours. Forced we just got eliminated. Was it somebody's birthday too? Eric?
Speaker 1: Even Eric's birthday? Yeah, it was Eric's birthday. Eric, shout out Eric Litmo. We miss anything, Jack, Oh, we were good about we miss any corrections?
Speaker 2: We're good, baby. You got any plugs? We want to plug anything. J E eleven Incorporated slash hair Joe backslash.
Speaker 3: Trademark at Danny A Mandola on Instagram at Danny M and Dola eighty uh no, no eighty no eighty.
Speaker 2: It's Danny A Mondola. That's it. We gotta, we gotta do we get those Special Forces or anything coming up.
Speaker 3: No, they're in their second season. I think three episodes have played so far. Dez Bryant's already out, already out, already out. Why, I don't know, after competing. Are you watching as a fanom? I caught up the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I watched two of them in the first, you know, in an hour, and it's pretty interesting. They're in the cold weather this year, so I don't know I would have done that.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 3: Cold had frozen rather goat eats. Yeah, he's easy, he's easy. And it was it was dry heat. It was dry heat. It was like one hundred and fifteen during the day. It was hot, but not really that hot, and then at night you get down to like seventy five.
Speaker 1: So you live in Austin, that place is fucking hot. Yeah, it's the summer, humid hot. It's as big as bats backyard. There's translas in your backyard. Yeah, I saw a Transla. It was the harriest spider I ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have.
Speaker 3: Transfer scorpions, snakes, we got we got the whole thing. Raccoons, Arma delos, Oh, look at Danny leading the charge. We're checking out his instagram right now, My guy, this is really good podcasting. If you if you look, I mean, go back, go cut Kyler, go up, pay to get these photos. These are great photos. Look at the new England Patriots shirt. That's that's tight, little young kid. That's my Thoughts become things, bro, Look check it out.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what it is, thoughts become things. I knew it was an Instagram post. I didn't even know it was, but it just sounded like a Danny Instagram post. Yeah, in my head, you were thinking about it, so maybe thought it's a reality. Yeah, I thought about it. I thought about it, and then it actually happens.
Speaker 2: See how that works.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I miss you, I miss working with you. I love you. Thanks for coming on, bub you, I miss you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Now we want to hit the tables. Let's got it. Let's get out of here. Let's get out of here. What an episode.
Speaker 1: You always get a couple of good stories out of that little handsome joker. Coo cool is the other side of the pillar. I mean, I thought you were cool, but it was rivaling. No, he's way coolers really cool. Jack the Wind Casino and Hotel resort that we're at right now. We're shooting here the coolest, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: In the words of Billy Madison, chlorophyll more like borophil.
Speaker 1: Let's get some of these bypasser questions. Steve from Green Bay. Why is Aaron Rodgers the best qb ever? Well, Steve, he's not the best qb ever?
Speaker 2: Where's my broadcast? Coach shows me?
Speaker 1: I got a flirt with that isokam? I gotta start practicing right now now, Steve, he's not the best ever. He's a great throat, he's a great thrower of the of the football, unbelievable, probably the best I've ever seen. But I didn't get to see Dan Marino. That's recency bias. Everyone says Dan Marino could just sling that thing.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Jackie, That was a well thought out answer. Was it supported it well? Recency bias? I like that, Yeah, Brady Baby, we're tey guys.
Speaker 3: We're bb I'm not talking Bell, I'm talking Brady Baby as qb ever. How many rings it Rogers got? How many rings he got?
Speaker 2: He's got one? That's it. That was like twenty years ago. I don't know. I mean Aaron's good. He's really good. He's elite at throwing.
Speaker 3: The two things that stand out in my mind are getting injured this year and Jimmy g going in there and busting him a couple of years ago as a Niner.
Speaker 1: As a Niner, You know what, that makes me so happy. I remember I used to hate back in the nineties. Every year it seemed like Steve Young will bring us down to Green Bay in the divisional round or championship game, and they.
Speaker 2: Knock our heads right off.
Speaker 1: Until that one time when Green Bay came to the candlestick and te O is dropping a bunch of balls and Steve hit him on the last play, split the cover two.
Speaker 2: You remember that, and then he just crying slightly before my time, I got to look that up. It's weird to think t O and Steve Young what over.
Speaker 1: It's just weird to me. They played a lot, I know, but it's just weird to me. Last year he started getting some some concuzzis. I always think Jeff Garcia, all right.
Speaker 2: Well we get off this question. I love Jeff Garcia.
Speaker 1: He underrated san jois State Spartan Sarah from New York City. That is is Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: Gonna make it. What's he gonna make his bed? What's he making? Making something with her mom? Probably geez, Jackry. I mean before this he does like Mills he does. It's a meme. Now it is a meme, a meme Zach Wilson. Is he gonna make it? That's that's I don't think he's gonna make it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I don't want to say anything because we saw saw how the world reacted to Rodney Harrison calling him trash.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call him trash. Make some throats, and he's getting heat. Heat. Speaking of heat, heat two is coming out. You hear that. Michael Man, brother. We love Michael Man on this show. I'm reading the book. You read the book. Nah, I'm reading books. Jack will await for them. Read the damn teleprompter. Fucking out of here. All right, let's get Alex from Tampa. I want to know what you're what. Tom Brady smells like. He smells like success and he always smells good. He really does.
Speaker 1: I used to steal his I used to go and steal some of his cologne when he'd leave. Yeah, I'd be last one there. Go over Tom's locker room open that bad boy, get a couple of sprays. Feeling lucky, feeling handsome.
Speaker 2: He smells rich, look like money, play like money. Smell like money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking Tom. He was a very big uh. He was very big with the the toilet trees, like all. He always had like a little he had like a little thing where he would bring his own little to the showers and like he'd always have two showers on him. He would steal two showers. He'd have one for his front and one would he'd be in the corner and there'd be one in the front, one.
Speaker 2: On his back. And they're like, Brady, you got two showers, so.
Speaker 3: You know you're bowling. And you know it wasn't just like some savage. This was like some unmarked like special edition. Yeah, Guerrero was in the lab. Somebody was in the lab, like always.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing about Brady also, he used to take a shower pill. A shower pill where you don't shower after work, go home, take the shower pill. That's what everyone called it, the shower pill. I don't know anything about that, notorious. Wait, explain this term. I'm shower pill means you don't shower after work. Oh, you shower before meetings. Some guys take the shower pill. I mean he didn't shower.
Speaker 2: That's surprising to me. You know, sometimes you know, people want a shower. He probably has a he has a beautiful shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would probably wait for that too.
Speaker 1: The thing's probably got like purified water shooting on them. It's sometimes if we were losing our hot water would be out.
Speaker 2: So you know, Bill, yeah, Bill out back, turning it off. Those are some great questions from some bypassers.
Speaker 3: Well, we gotta thank Dola once again, and we gotta thank when Las Vegas Hotel and Casino for letting us shoot here.
Speaker 2: This is awesome. This is an experience. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And that's been another episode of Games with Names, presented by when Bet. Remember to follow Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: What an episode. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time, Jackie, see your baby. Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.