Speaker 1: Scale of one attendant. Andrew, what would you rate your like a waffle cone making ability? Were you like a savante?
Speaker 2: It's really easy. It's really really easy because because the two things. I mean they basically there's like a fucking little Christmas tree thing that you wrap the the you take the waffle off, and then you just kind of roll it over over this cone and put in a little thing to dry and presumably harden.
Speaker 3: It's pretty easy.
Speaker 4: It's for any the dumbestis would not do very well with.
Speaker 2: Well, all you gotta do is kind of like press yeah. Maybe yeah.
Speaker 4: You sound to me, you sound like Lebron James being like all you gotta do is just put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 3: Well stuff.
Speaker 2: I just think I think it's pretty I mean, the main thing that was good about being on the waffle cone station is you just eat mad broken pieces of you just kind of are a lot of.
Speaker 3: Looking good. It's like, yeah, I love that ship. Okay, Jack, I do here, I do hear?
Speaker 2: Have you changed anything recently?
Speaker 3: I mean I changed my whole desk.
Speaker 4: By the way, Andrew, remember last time you're like you should get a walking Did you get a walking? I got a walking desk. Yeah, that's great, Andrew, you have a little you just think treadmill that's been running this whole time. Now, I'm just sure I have a treadmill, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Have it. But there's power is on electronics near your Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: It's recorded yesterday with let me see if turning the power on the treadmill off.
Speaker 2: It I mean, could it just be the the you know, incessant were of you getting yoked for twenty two twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yep, there was.
Speaker 4: It was even though the treadmill was like off, the power supply was on. And apparently the power supply is such that it creates a buzz in the background.
Speaker 3: So there we go. Now I know shit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Joey. This this came out because last time I was on, Jack took a break during the commercial break to like running on the lap around his desk, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, wait, fucking rules, Yeah, just like I because I like that day had like two hours of meetings right before this, so I was just like sitting here and like my legs were like falling asleep.
Speaker 1: It just got you so amped you had to get was like.
Speaker 2: God was very inspiring. I was like, I should do that. I won't, but I should do that. Let's go. Yeah yeah, yeah it was like cold, but it's in the most empowering way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's working out.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: I walked seven miles yesterday while working fu.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I'm just like excited to have it, you know what I mean, So like I'm doing crazy shit, but.
Speaker 2: I mean that sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's something I'm getting older though, is I'm real opinionated and passionate about getting steps in, and it's like if I don't, I'm just like fuck.
Speaker 3: You know what's really annoying?
Speaker 4: Though, I have a like the rr ring thing that's my like step counter fitness tracker device, and uh.
Speaker 3: It only counts the steps you take with your fingers. It only counts the steps you take with your fingers. Literally, like if you're not, so.
Speaker 4: I'm like typing and walking with my legs and so it's like you're not doing shit, man, You're just at your desk.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it doesn't recognize my steps, which are Yeah. I was like, fuck, I'm gonna have to pay somebody to walk around with this to get your little tech deck out, Jack, I know. Oh my god, I have the sickest skate park my desk.
Speaker 1: That's the worries. You've just been grinding a rail with your tech deck.
Speaker 3: It's like, wait, what is Justin's like, what is that sound in the back? Clickity clack.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about a narc skating Send my fucking my heel flips.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: Get like a real skater attitude from my tech decks. Yeah, whatever, just try to stop me.
Speaker 2: Cops. Oh man, good job everyone, good job.
Speaker 3: I think we have a cold open. That opening was cold as hell.
Speaker 2: Boy, that was cold.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three seventy, episode three of.
Speaker 3: Ice Stay production of My Heart Radio.
Speaker 4: This is the podcast, Yes, this is the podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel. We drop an episode a week on their YouTube, slash at Daily's I Guess pot. You can go check us out on YouTube. Usually it's the Tuesday, so usually it's this episode. But we've been having a bit of technical difficulties. Los Angeles is built so shoddily that when it gets windy here, everybody's power goes out, and so we're we're gonna we're gonna do the video episode tomorrow when hopefully the wind stops blowing. It is Wednesday, January eighth, twenty twenty four. My name's Jack O'Brien aka mister Kintner. That's courtesy of Lacaroni Lcaroni. I was talking about my older girl friend in middle school who I was nervous because she had a long experience Frenching and I did not have a lot of experience, and so I got really nervous. And then because I was being weird and nervous, I made up that like things were really bad at home when I was talking to her, and then she dumped me because I was a bummer. But anyways, Lockeroni in the discord said Jack's older girlfriend was Missus Kintner from Jaws. Shout out to Lacaroni, and I'm thrilled to be joined in our miles seat by a hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer you know him from the yos. This racist podcast It's Andrew Too, a black.
Speaker 5: To podcast with such poor takes. You rest yourself is such time as hot chicks can be produced.
Speaker 2: You will obey these my cows.
Speaker 3: Wow, so tired.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he did that. Did you watch Lost?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I watched it a wee bit two stoned, But in the theater.
Speaker 4: It feels makes you feel like you are too high as somebody who doesn't get high anymore, I still felt like I was like, oh, I feel very.
Speaker 3: Uncomfortable in my own skin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then because for some reason, I mean, look, I guess it's the best way to do this, but you know, if you're in the writer's guild, they send out screeners and things, but nowadays they send out screener links, which is fine. But there were multiple points I forgot or didn't understand, so I went back and rewatched it parts of it in the parking lot on my phone. Uh, and I still didn't get it that much. But uh, the voice.
Speaker 4: That was a really good Warlock, I gotta say, has immediately entered the doing it.
Speaker 2: It's it's it feels like my my diaphragm has sucked my lungs out of where there used to be. It's not it's not pleasant and feels like you're.
Speaker 4: Like speaking with a mouth that's inside your body somehow.
Speaker 2: If you're from the video take, but I'm pointing on my body to where it feels like I'm talking and it's I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like I did enjoy it though, like I mean enjoy like. I don't think it's a perfect movie. I think it's a movie that I'm glad was made and is.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Time at the movie is for sure, which I will say. I think we talked about this off Mike, But have you guys seen Amelia Perez.
Speaker 3: Here we'll introduce our.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant TV writer, performer, and enrolled member of the caw It's Indian tribe who's written on shows for Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, DreamWorks, and the Netflix animated series Spirit Rangers. He's the creator of the brilliant web series Gone Native. Please welcome back to the show, The Hilarious, the Talented Joey Cliff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, it's me that that that that Joey Cliff, Joey Cliff. That that that that Joey Cliff, Joey Cliff, Joey Cliff. That's right. That's the final Fantasy seven. When do we get an angel fee for Written by every time.
Speaker 3: I know, I recognize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you aren't at dor.
Speaker 3: Well, Joey, it's great to have you.
Speaker 4: Uh, Andrew, thank you for being here, not with Miles, Miles and uh super producer justin both of their internet and power was knocked out by the windstorm.
Speaker 2: Uh feels they blew away to the land of Oz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a very movie Central.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen Wicked. I kind of realize I haven't. We should see it.
Speaker 3: Let's see, let's that's the rest of this episode of Together.
Speaker 2: We could throw it on and in a small window, make that the main window. I did not realize that they are Apparently they're in the city of Shizz for.
Speaker 3: Real or like the school.
Speaker 2: The school they go to is called shiz University, which is the craziest ass, Like, I know, it's like you.
Speaker 4: Don't grow up in the nineties. Do they not know that like shiz is I mean no, yeah, yes. A producer, Victor did see Wicked and said it was throwing him off the whole time, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, you can't come in here like that. This is the Shizz.
Speaker 1: Wait what that feels like a name that you write down like first draft and then you're like you change this at some point and then nobody asks you to change it, and you're like, I guess it's shizz.
Speaker 4: I guess it's the shizz shiz for pete for like that's what people used to substitute for shit. I think, yeah, in the niz the shizz. Yeah, that's that is like the most dated term. Like it's so dated that, like I hadn't even thought about it since eighth grade.
Speaker 2: I'm curious whether it's from the original like book somewhere in there there's just another city. There's the Emerald City and there's Shizz, and those are the two cities we known.
Speaker 4: Was referencing the original Wizard of Oz. Oh wow wow, because yeah, that's right. That was a song on Doggie Style, was the is n't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they knew that if they changed it, wicked TikTok would be.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: But it's so weird just even learning about it. It's been the fact that I can't get out of my head about that movie.
Speaker 4: Was we get novel, then theatrical experience then film or just close the Wikipedia Pageeah, that's all right, you know what, we don't need to answer that question.
Speaker 1: According to Victor correct, so cool answered for us.
Speaker 3: Great so novel play.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 4: True triple threat. Who's ever heard of such a thing? Jurassic Park no hit Broadway musical that I'm aware of. So uh in your face Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but real quick, just just a quick rout of pitches. If we're doing a Jurassic Park musical, I'm thinking from the Raptors perspective.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, you know, so what is the Raptors? I want want a hero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, ultimately the hero of the film, not necessarily the book.
Speaker 2: But I would like to eat that guy.
Speaker 3: Amelia Perez haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: I have not seen it. I've I've watched the discourse, wing and wang around it. Indeed, I feel like I need to give it one more beat before.
Speaker 4: It is like it immediately, Like I just I just saw that it got nominated for the most Awards and it was on Netflix, and I was like, well, I'm putting together this adjustable height desk, so I'll put I'll put it on and uh it like really has I would be surprised if it doesn't, like all so win a lot of awards with the oscars.
Speaker 3: It has like real crash vibes.
Speaker 4: It's like a big audacious like uh, but there's also parts of it that I really enjoy, Like, like I some of the audacity I actually enjoy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But it's it's a mess, and it has like some of the most embarrassing moments of a movie that like I've seen, but I highly recommend, Like I mean, it's it's a roller coaster. I highly recommend people watch it. Not because it's like knows what it's doing all the time, but it's a it's a blast. It's a fucking mess, but holy shit, I mean, sometimes.
Speaker 1: It's fun to just watch a movie that just goes for it and swings to the fences, and.
Speaker 3: It's like, is it does it hit?
Speaker 1: Maybe it is.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it seems like it has hit. But anyways, Joey, it's great to have you, is what I was saying. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. And the Amelia Perez of this podcast indobtably before we get to know you a little bit better by asking you you're overrated, underrated?
Speaker 3: What you've been searching.
Speaker 4: Some of the stories we'll be talking about we never really got to talk about that Wall Street Journal, and there's also a New York Times story about Biden being like so old old, which I know we're not breaking news, but it was pretty wild to see like what the people around him in his administration were having to do to like cover up his oldness from day one, so that that happened like that.
Speaker 3: This Wall Street Journal article dropped I think the.
Speaker 4: Last day, the day after we recorded our last episode, So I just wanted to take a quick moment to look at that because I also think it somewhat ties into what we're about to live through in the Trump administration since he I don't know if you guys are aware of this all also really.
Speaker 3: Fucking old, wait really.
Speaker 4: And like the easiest to manipulate human being in the world.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 4: We always like to have a segment where we check in on Sean Hannity's class, class consciousness, and so he had some pretty interesting things to say about how we need to leave the leave the rich alone because they're they're the ones who are gonna make you rich.
Speaker 3: With their big tips trickling down.
Speaker 4: The inverse of reality, like the stingiest people, the stingiest human beings that I've ever encountered in my time as a service worker. So we'll we'll talk about that, and of course we'll talk about sex spots.
Speaker 3: We got to get to the sex spots. Yeah, oh yeah, around.
Speaker 2: It's just of all the things that Silicon val is inevidently you're going to like roll out from for it's actually ready to be on the market, sex spots is the number one on my list. Can't Yeah, it's for buggy sex spots.
Speaker 1: It will rip your dick off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And speaking of award winning movies, Madam Web is not going to be nominated.
Speaker 1: Loved Madam Web, Madam So Fun.
Speaker 4: It unfortunately failed to qualify for the inclusion and representation standards put in place that are like I think a lot of films qualify for by accident, but they managed to not qualify for any of the requirements. Uh So we'll talk about that all of that plenty more. But first, Joey, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Okay, so here are the most the three most recent things that have Google. One is our fifty mile per hour winds deadly, second our one hundred mile per hour winds Deadly. The answer that for fifty is not really. The answer for one hundred is yes.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And the third thing that I've searched is sad pictures of Garfield, because you know, I find a post about Garfield, and sometimes you just got to find a sad picture of Garfield.
Speaker 2: That genuinely does tell me a lot about how your mind works, because I'm going to let you know right now. My third search would have been to seventy five mile hour.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I got my answer. I was like, oh, one hundred mile hour winds are deadly? Are we seeing one hundred right now? I think it's I think it's supposed to be fifty to one hundred.
Speaker 4: Potentially it's a big range. Los Angeles Weather Service. That's a Jesus, what is happening. I didn't even realize this was a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are recording this while in a tornado right now? For sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just in the bar texts going by our windows.
Speaker 2: This is the twister from twisters sleeping off the Golden glows, right right, folks?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 4: I didn't watch all of the Golden Globes, so I don't think I got that reference.
Speaker 2: But I didn't. Oh, I didn't watch any of it, nor did I watch Twisters. I just assume Twister.
Speaker 1: Is just assume that one best actor. Yeah right, I mean maybe I also didn't watch the Twister. Twister, the Twister, the Twister.
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 4: It was nominated for the best uh Best Cinematic Theatrical Experience or whatever.
Speaker 3: Was that. I think Wicked ended up winning.
Speaker 1: Thats so there was more than one Twister in this movie, so some of Yeah, the main Twisters, the main Twister got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't watch it a weird twister, No, I need to.
Speaker 1: I genuinely hear that. It's very fun. There's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: People keep getting sucked off into the sky as much. Just like to point out out loud while I was watching it to her majesty, sad pictures of Garfield. Maybe Garfield said, because also ineligible for the Oscars. According to this article, not enough diversity in the Garfield movie.
Speaker 1: He should look that, I mean, look, best animated, Best animated feature at least should have been like something that was nominated for it was great.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, are you a huge You're that's right, you're a huge.
Speaker 2: Joys Joey's doctor Garfield gar Garfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact Garfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm genuinely wearing like a Garfield cardigan right now. Oh my god. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yo, listeners, you're getting fucked by not having this.
Speaker 4: By not having a video that is a beautiful cardigan with a big old Garfield on one of the sides. What is something, Joey that you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Something that I think is underrated? So I'm going to say professional wrestling audiences. So I'm a really big fan of professional wrestling. I've talked about this on the show previously and earlier. This week, they had the first Monday Night Raw on Netflix, and as part of that, they had Whole Cogan come out to promote his weird anti woke beer brand, Real American Beer, and this was in Los Angeles, and the live professional wrestling audience booed the fuck out of him. It's like, it's like to the point where, like Hull Cogan said, you know, seven year old old Cogan, one of the best star, one of the biggest stars in wrestling, was visibly rattled by how heavily this audience was booing this old, weird racist Wow. It's just like it's just this beautiful thing about professional wrestling in that like because it's you know, it's like like a predetermined sport where you know the winners and losers. But the one thing they can't predetermine is how the audience is going to react to things. So this is something where they clearly brought him out with the level of pomp and circumstance, assuming the audience was going to be like, yeah, the whole Camania guy. But it's just like decades of that guy being like a shit and like an open racist and also all the mega stuff, the audience just let him have of it and it's incredible.
Speaker 3: Like rip his shirt off, yeah stuff.
Speaker 1: There was also a very funny bit, and the heatless of his thing is that he tears his shirt off. So he tore it like half off and then it like fell off camera, and then he like tried to do his promo very quickly because he was probably getting really rattled by the booze, and then he like very sadly walked away and the camera stayed on him as they revealed that his shirt that he tore off was now around his ankles, so he had to kind of shuffle away.
Speaker 4: Like a piece of toilet paper. He's a toilet paper and met dragging behind.
Speaker 1: Wow. It's and it is just like it is something that I feel like there's a stereotype of professional wrestling audiences being you know, like kind of a certain way, but like, really professional wrestling fans are like very progressive nowadays. The average professional wrestling fan is like probably more on them, you know, woke side of the spectrum or whatever.
Speaker 4: And it's yeah, see, yeah, I am definitely suffer from biases around professional wrestling fans, where like, anytime I find out one of my friends or like, you know, someone I like is a big professional wrestling fan, like really, wow, really and that's true, and that's right on my part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just judge them. I'm going down. No, well that the crazy thing is my entire basis for looking down on professional wrestling is how much I love actual combat sports, which is comprised of audiences of the literal worst people on earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Like what who am I to look down on anyone?
Speaker 3: Are you m M A or boxing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really can't. No, I can't really watch boxing either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's MMA via Nazi slippery slope, Brazilian jiu jitsu is.
Speaker 1: Able Nazi slippery slope Bragilion's use it too? Is that? Like, what are the rules of that?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Really? I mean it's like even just my medium amount of time and fight gyms. It is like I don't I mean, I don't know which direction the causality arrow goes, but that shit is a one way street to proudboy Town.
Speaker 4: It's fu ridiculous, all a bunch of fascists with cauliflowered ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I guess it's the testosterone and the fucking low information like environment. I don't know, I mean low information and very hierarchical environment and violent, pure fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, when it's the sort of thing where it's just like I was able to work out and train my way into being a good fighter, So why can't you work out your way into owning a home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, it's true. I mean it is.
Speaker 3: You have debt.
Speaker 2: It's all about grind st Joey. I have a couple of seminars and some webinars to sell you if you want to really like level your game. I don't know, it's just like fucking yeah, I don't know. I mean, I think whatever it takes to be a fighter or think you can fight. I don't think that you can and should fight another man. Uh usually almost it's men. It's to the men. It's the problem really makes you into I think, I guess it just primes you to be a fascist. It would be my guess. Yeah, but you know what, I don't know anyway, they're all little Nazi fight clubs except for the handful of that art.
Speaker 4: I do feel like professional wrestling audiences, to your point, are more a part of the show than really like any other audience. Yeah, you know, Like I mean there are like football stadiums where they're like we're the twelfth Man, and like we pride ourselves on that. But it's not like they're not like getting camera time throughout, like as important things are happening, Like people aren't walking through the stadium like to like score a touchdown. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like the wrestling audiences are right right there and be like giving feedback and be like playing a part in the in the show, which is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: And because it's a because it's a live show every week week, like they're real, like the an audience's reaction can actually dictate like the creative direction that a wrestler storyliner career goes and it's it is this interesting thing where it's like you might have a wrestler that they're pushing as like a you know, as a face or a good guy, and the audience just completely rejects them, and they're like, oh, maybe we're not going to put that guy on TV. It is it's kind of like if in Star Wars episode one, if like they could get live audience reaction halfway through act one and realize everybody hated charge our banks and they're just like, oh, he's just gonna die off, and you know the second effect, and now the story is about Watto what.
Speaker 4: About So by that logic, look out for a return of Hollywood Hulkogan. The wasn't that when he like did a bad turn and was like had had the beard and was bad guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that I mean I think that like the reveal is that he's been always a bad guy behind the scenes, but of course actual on camera persona, this was Hollywood Hulkgain. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe they take the booze in they're like, what, maybe we have something powerful here.
Speaker 2: That's so yeah, maybe the way you put it of like the audience is the reallest part, Like I'm like, yeah, yeah, they're the real athletes.
Speaker 1: What was really nice about this because it was the it was the first time that they, you know, aired Monday Night Raw on Netflix, and this was like a five billion dollar deal or a six billion dollar deal or something like that. So all the Netflix execs were in the audience, and Hulk Hogan getting booeds so mercilessly as he's trying to be a good guy, tells me the Netflix execs are going to be like, maybe you don't put that guy on TV anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, beautiful, Yeah, what way to go Monday Night Raw audiences?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did it.
Speaker 4: You've done some good work at a time it's very dark right now, so we needed a glimmer of hope. Thank you for that, Joey. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Something I think is overrated is I'm going to say Miles Gray. Now that he's not here, we can finally let's say kidding, just kidding, he's very out of Miles, So I'm gonna say the thing I think is overrated is drinking water. I think that, like, look, drinking water is the thing that I know we have to do, but you're just gonna pee it out later. It feels like it's just a waste of energy, you know.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, Okay, yeah, I like that. Do you have a beverage that you prefer to drink or you're just saying all liquids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I've been working out with a personal trainer for the past couple of years, so I guess protein shakes?
Speaker 2: Can I just yeah protein baby? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait Andrew? Or do you drink protein shakes and stuff?
Speaker 2: I have a thing, a Costco container of protein powder that I have maybe five every ten months.
Speaker 3: Something five containers or five shakes.
Speaker 2: No, five shakes, like five ounces I suppose or whatever of the powder. It's it's not going fast, it's been it's been there for a minute. There's a whirl where I need to throw it away, But I'm not going to investigate that work genuinely expensive.
Speaker 1: I totally get being like, I mean, expired a year ago. But does powder expire fine? I don't think powder.
Speaker 4: Powder doesn't go bad. It doesn't have any liquid in it. It's good, good forever.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I I did. I did take the hole This bag is you know, about the size of a bag of rice. It's, however many gallons, and I did I did hydrate the whole thing in the bag, So it's just been slashing around in my cupboard. Jackstor the bask Jack's doore the mask.
Speaker 4: No, I was actually trying to think of why we called bean bags bean bags. Did beans used to come in extremely large bags? Because I feel like rice bag is the bag that is that size that I've seen more often. Yeah, you know, I've never seen a bag of beans that is as big as you know, a bean bag chair. I'm assuming is named that because it's the biggest bag that people were familiar with. I don't know, that seems what my brain's doing while I should be talking to you guys and hosting the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say. And an honest assessment of what I've replaced water with in my diet is I've got really into like peach flavored beverages, specifically, like imported Japanese peach drinks are like fantastic. It's the sort of thing where my girlfriend and I have we she recently moved in with me, and we have just a stash of peach beverages just in case. And yeah, so you never know.
Speaker 2: How many different types of beverages we're talking about here?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, now we're getting into it. I'm so excited with this. Yea. So we have so we have like a like a peach flavored water that's a very it's very much water, but with like a light peach flavor. That's kind of our daily drinker. And then when we're celebrating, we've got this like sparkling cider peach drink that's like fantastic, and that's for special occasions. And then you know, if you're ever just having a hard day, we also have this, like it's like a canned peach drink where the aluminum part of the can is clear plastic. We got we get those from Daiso. They're like a dollar fifty each and those are also very refreshing. So right now three, but like I would say, every couple of weeks, we'll do peach drink taste tests where we'll just go to a store and buy like five different brands of peach drink to figure out which one we like best. And that that Garfield and pro wrestling is my life, that's my personality. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Have you had a clearly Canadian peach sparkling drink. They're very sweet to my memory. But yeah, they're throw it on the list.
Speaker 3: I love it clearly Canadian.
Speaker 4: I know that's like a thing from my childhood that I then start like for some reason, they sold it at like the bookstore I went to when I lived in Dayton, Ohio in like the early nineties, and then I never saw it again for until like that. It's had a resurgence recently and they've just like not touched the like packaging at all. It's just the same the same thing, which is one of the big appeals of it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I love it clearly Canadians the best. I feel like it's it's having a bit of a moment.
Speaker 2: It's for shale right now. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 4: The Canadians need a win, you know that's true. Shout out to them. I'm gonna call it clearly American. Now it's gonna beautiful. Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about our outgoing president.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 4: Windows are blowing open, lights are flickering, We're still on. This is like the Hanukkah origin story. This episode that we like can keep recording, you know, is like kind of a miracle. One is like that they only had like a tiny amount of oil, but it was able to burn for eight nights.
Speaker 2: I believe that is cracked. Yes, and this is the episode that is precisely what's happening here.
Speaker 4: That is exactly we're the last three people who still have power in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what religion is this going to start?
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's going to be bad, fucked up. The Amelia Perez thing is going to mix with the w W E thing in a weird way that none of us saw coming, and it's just gonna all.
Speaker 1: Of us regret.
Speaker 2: I guess that's whatever count Orlock is. Is he the devil? I don't know. Anyway, let me know.
Speaker 1: Hit me at the Last Supper.
Speaker 3: So it's like the origin story of the vampire myth is kind of like how I took that or it's like one of the first of the vampire myths. So it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually did watch a YouTube about this. It was, you know, so close to bram Stoker's Dracula the novel that it was legally actionable and one's case.
Speaker 4: Great, but bram Stoker copied it no other way, Yeah, okay, copy Brimstone. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like you know in an Ero when it was like they were like this will be fine, and Rebstaker's widow, I believe, sued them successfully, but they were so little money left that she got nothing. So but the other thing, apparently this this was the origin of you can kill Dracula with sunlight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the origin of that. Yeah, I mean that it was.
Speaker 2: Like more game of thronesy, just fuck them up the yeah a bunch. Yeah, you can do it with whatever weapon you want, but you really it's just about racking up hit points, like I just got to get that bar out of zero.
Speaker 3: However you're doing it is a weird choice.
Speaker 4: But because you know, as we talked about Robert Egger's Bobby Eggs like does have this really kind of engrossing historic vision where you feel like you're being transported back.
Speaker 3: To this time. So it's it's a weird.
Speaker 4: Decision that he has that energy like life bar for counter or lock the whole film anytime he.
Speaker 3: Appears on where you can see how much life he has left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time he's like like getting.
Speaker 4: Power ups roll Ham and makes him much stronger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The third act he shows up and then his power bar forms, and then and then three more bars fill ups.
Speaker 3: You like, oh, so crazy, man, he's about to fuck.
Speaker 1: On his neck.
Speaker 2: That's just glowing and sort of pulsing locks right onto it every time you move. It's weird, but it's good. The movie is good and I won. I finally won.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, onto somebody whose power bar. I'd really whose life bar. I would really like to be able to see. That would be really helpful if we could, if we had so that we could just like see compare, Yeah, how much life how much energy life force was left for our respective candidates? Somebody who I think has to be blinking red right about now, Joe Biden. Right at the beginning of the break, right after we stopped recording for twenty twenty four, an article dropped to The Wall Street Journal about how like they knew he was in bad shape, not like early in twenty twenty four or like twenty twenty, you know, like before he started to like right when he started his administration. Like there's an anecdote in this article from twenty twenty one where they're like they cancel a meeting and they're like, well, he has good days and bad days, and today was a bad day. So we're going to address this tomorrow. That conversation occurred in the spring of twenty twenty one, just months into the Biden administration. Is fucking and they tried to run him again and then make us feel bad for being like he is.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, maybe he's too old. What what do you mean of.
Speaker 1: Q Sometimes president's got an app you know, right?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I mean the retrospect of that is so fucking insane that their pitch was like, who doesn't have an off night? And I'm just like, I'm so sorry you cannot have your off night. Cannot be the presidential debate.
Speaker 1: Especially when they are like questions about your personality?
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, and especially when the truth of the situation is as early as months after you were inaugurated, the people who like run the Department of Defense were saying, you have good days and bad days already, Like he was, like, it's a fucking coin flip if this guy is going to be able to sit in a meeting and retain the information being presented to him.
Speaker 1: To be fair, we didn't see him on his good days. He was doing backflips. He was packing tech deck like moves. He was great, Joey, I love your three exercises. Look, I'm in the middle of a hurricane right now, so like any any compny specifics, I'm coming up with her. I'm proud.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: This is this is this is where your brain goes. What are my three exercises to show that I'm not losing my mind? I guess it's just walking walking on a treadmill under a desk.
Speaker 1: And occasionally taking a sip of protein powder. Yeah, just just a cheese food and doing the Carlock voice.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 4: One of the scary things that's implied is just like how easy the government is to connect, completely manipulate when you have somebody this infirm who is like being you know, cordoned off from any from the media, from any of like the from there's a quote from Democratic you know Congress people who are like, yeah, I don't know, man, I like never saw him when I like when I was on this committee and I was like the junior member, I would see Obama like every couple of weeks with Biden.
Speaker 3: You just like never saw.
Speaker 4: Him, which like the implication there is like that's really dangerous because you know, he could be being manipulated, he could be you know, do just like, who knows what the fuck is happening. There's no accountability when this person is just completely off in the dark, being like held behind closed doors. Who knows who is making the real decisions. That's what's implied in the case of Biden, in the case of Trump, like we're seeing it happen right in front of us, Like it's just everybody is like, oh my god, the power grab getting has never been this good where we can just fucking sweep in here.
Speaker 2: But I think it's maybe just always been like that. I mean, look, it's been like that. I'm fucking old as shit, and you know that's that's the present that I came into the world. Like that's what they were doing with fucking Reagan the whole time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Reagan was also a case of maybe maybe we should have that age limit. I don't know, we got the there's limit on one side, Maybe we should think about having it on the side that would actually fucking matter.
Speaker 2: We're just like the doctors that are giving them their mental competency exams, they should just those medical licenses should be up for review every time they have to do this because it is they are clearly lying to us every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean there's the Trump thing of like he's the most healthy human I've ever seen or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just like fucking hype men. The people giving them the things. They're like, oh yo, this guy is fucking Verryle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And it's tough because I mean it's not just like Biden Trump. It's like there was a news story a couple of days ago of a sitting member of I believe Congress, just a couple days ago, like is eighty two out of fall during you know, while they were being sworn in or something like that. And then there was I think that this came out, I want to say, in December there was a new story of I believe a member of Congress who just nobody had really seen and hadn't made any of the meetings for like six months or so, and then they came to find out that the reason she hadn't been making her meetings is because she was in like a dementia ward like you know, and it's and she's also of an elevated age, and it's just like, yeah, maybe that's not somebody who should be like deciding whether or not I have health insurance.
Speaker 4: You know, I like the idea of elevated age. Maybe you're just not on my level. Bro, allright, I'm of an elevated age. I'm a rind set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's it is. Maybe we're not old enough to have a grindset? Andrew, is that in your class teaching?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's about ya just grinding, grinding what remains of your cognitive abilities dust? Apparently?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Grindset is the sound makes when I stand up.
Speaker 4: The rain's coming. Yeah, yeah, I don't know, it seems bad.
Speaker 2: It just means, is there any mechanism for doing anything about this at all?
Speaker 4: Like like such a tear down job, Like that's the thing that just keeps hitting me in the brain over and over, is like all this shit is such a tear down like it's it needs to be like the fucking constitution, Like everything just needs to be completely re evaluated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like America is a weird country.
Speaker 2: Huh you think a bad one, A pretty bad one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I am a little bit curious of the interest I guess of fucking you know, hearing people out, like what the what is the fucking like lie that like these people like you know, similar like like Diane f. Einstein's like handlers, Like what do they tell themselves that this is okay? Is it just weekend at Bernie's all the way they're just like see their pants and they're just like, oh, fuck, fuck, fuck fuck. If we don't just like keep this, keep this lie going without any eye to the future, then our present is like somehow inconvenienced, like the fuck is wrong with these people that surely they must know this can't go on forever and this is not good.
Speaker 4: It's a weird dynamic though, because he is both like not all there, but also an extremely vindictive and the most powerful person on the planet. And so you're just like kind of like, I don't know, you're he's both the boss you're scared of, and also somebody that you recognize is like not up to the task of like getting dressed by himself, let alone like running the country.
Speaker 3: And so how you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm not saying I understand or like that it's acceptable, but I understand how it happens, which is just like everybody like kind of just quickly builds up this scaffolding to like prop him up and then like immediately accepts that that's the way it has to be. And he like people who it's not just like the elderly, it's you know, people who have had you know, uh, neurological injuries or you know, like strips and things like that are uniquely bad at like knowing what they're like what they've lost the ability to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, And so it's like that that's just it's a weird It's just like a bad a bad situation. I feel like, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's like there's like an optimistic It's like there's the optimistic way to look at and the pessimistic way to look at it. The optimistic way to look at it is, you know, a lot of what we saw in sort of the Biden administration kind of in his you know, potentially running for a second term as people saying like, well, you know, I think he's just the man for the job to win the election. He beat Trump in the last election, so blah blah blah blah blah. And then the pessimistic one is it's just a lot of people who were like, oh, I'm like in the Biden administration. But that doesn't necessarily mean I would be in the Harris administration because you know, like I don't necessarily have the cachet there, so like if I keep him propped up for a while, I'll like save my spot, you know. So it's yeah, I imagine it's probably like a mix of those two things.
Speaker 3: Just linked in logic.
Speaker 4: Is what's killing the like this would just be better for my resume if he wishes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, right, it's just rank selfishness up and down board.
Speaker 3: That sounds like what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, fucking hate these people.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Madam Webb. We'll be right back, and we're back, and we are ten days out, nine days out from the Academy Awards being announced on January seventeenth. One movie that definitely won't get nominated for Best Picture is Madam Web.
Speaker 1: It's a fun movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also the best of those Spider Man movies that got put out this year.
Speaker 3: No, the the other ones, Crave Oh, Venom three.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess my Craven is the quote unquote best, But Madam Web is the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that Madam Web It's just like, what's so fun about Madam Web is it's basically watching people take the biggest possible swings on screen and just like whiffing it every single time. Like it's just like a get together with your friends and why it on like a Saturday night. It's like a fun watch.
Speaker 2: I really liked it. I really liked watching it. I had a lot of fun. I there's some bizarre cg in it that is like truly delightful.
Speaker 1: You're just like the adr is insane, the thing that is.
Speaker 2: So care Having now worked in a little bit of television, I'm just like, how is this allowed? Like how did this get approved to be like put in theaters? Just in terms of pieces of the craft, I'm just like this is wild to me. The star of Madame Webb to me was the pepsi can. There's a floating PEPs can it that's so amazing.
Speaker 1: Several scenes of a pepsi can that that Matt trying.
Speaker 4: To the pepsi can? Was that like she had it but like never drank at it. What was the deal with the pepsi can? And I think I just like saw that meme without volume on, so I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: So she's at a baby shower for a carre Spider Man. It's a carry out baby shower for Peter Parker, but for probably sony legal reasons, they can't say Peter Parker. There's literally a point in this sequence where they say like, oh, what's the baby's name, and then she goes to say Peter, and then a car honks. You can't hear Peter. Yeah, yeah, this is all real. This is really like Parker. Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It's like Austin Powers didn't realize he didn't have the rights to Spider Man but still has to produce a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this pepsican it's at you know, car honk Parker's baby shower, and the lead in the movie is carrying this pepsi can around. I'm definitely presenting it, like clearly they have some brand deal with Pepsi, But at no point does she open it. And she like goes to try to open it several times, but then she'll get interrupted like inner conversation, and it's like several scenes of this, it's like she goes from the kitchen to the outside to like another area, holding this pepsi can, displaying it like it's a commercial, going to like act like she's about to open it, and then stopping because she like gets distracted by a bird or something like that, and going, well, they won't.
Speaker 3: Say of our modern cinematic Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's genuinely they just caught Dakota Johnson trying to figure out what a can of pepsi was, and that's what it was.
Speaker 1: So something I also really appreciate is that in the movie they established that Spider Man's outfit is inspired by this little fit from like an unnamed indigenous tribe and I believe like South America or something like that. So by saying that, you're basically saying that Spider Man is like a culturally appropriating this tribe.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: So you're like attroactively making Spider Man racist, which is great.
Speaker 4: At least they didn't do the Back to the Future thing where the indigenous tribe was copying off of Spider Man, because that's how Back the Future worst, where Marty McFly white teenage Martin fly goes back in time and gives Chuck Berry the idea for rock and Roll.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, so probably what happened.
Speaker 4: So maybe yeah, but that that is the the famous quote of like the guy who was there before my mom died and when she was studying spiders in Oh.
Speaker 2: My God and so wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, none of these are the reasons that it won't be winning Best Picture, because in order to be included, you need to meet Hollywood's inclusion and representation standards, which are they've been criticized for being like very loose and you know, things that you could just accidentally do while still like not having enough inclusion and representation in your film. But these Madam Web and one hundred and sixteen other feature films are released this year did not meet the rules did not meet the standard, including Bad Boys, Ride or Die, The Mean Girls Musical, and Sadly the Garfield Movie.
Speaker 2: Is this list of rules for quote diversity inclusion like Hollywood diversity inclusion, as in they're just saying this needs to have people of color or it's.
Speaker 4: So these are the four categories, and you have to meet two out of the four standards on screen representation, themes and narratives, creative leadership, and project team. So that's behind the scenes presumably industry access and opportunities and audience development on this development.
Speaker 1: Mate, So could this podcast be nominated for Best Picture?
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, obviously, yeah, rules for anything that's as perfect as this. I mean not to be the Madame Web apologist that I clearly am, but I actually don't see how it does it. I mean, assuming that Hollywood, like most American industries, counts white women as you know, a group in the diversity requirement, I'm just like, is Madame Web not all of these things?
Speaker 1: I guess it's probably behind the scenes is probably pretty straight white dude. But that's just kind of my guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just saying the creative the I mean, the lead. I'm assuming Dakota Dotson was an EP on this, Like yeah, am I am? I Am? I wrong? Like, it just feels like it's there.
Speaker 3: Seems like it probably passes the Bechdel test, right, so it.
Speaker 2: Depends on They're mostly talking about spiders, so yeah, they're talking. Yeah, I think it's a spider Man.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 4: It does feel like maybe what's happening is they will go through the exercise of like making a movie eligible if they think it has any Award chances because like another one that didn't make it this year, Harold and the Purple Crown.
Speaker 3: So it's Boy Kills World? Is that a sequel to Boy Meets World? I don't know that world is.
Speaker 2: See uh, it's the The Count orlock first person one with John Benjamin as the voice in like a that's a shootery type of thing that I did not see.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think it's just like they like probably hire a spend, spend like a million dollars to hire McKinsey to like if they think it has a chance like making being nominated.
Speaker 2: Sony couldn't argue that Madame Webb does these things. And I'm also shocked that I'm gonna say, just off the top of my head, illumination couldn't argue that Garth the Garfield movie didn't also do these things.
Speaker 1: Look, people, color orange is a color.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, that's right, that's right, cats, that's right, Odie whatever Odie is.
Speaker 1: There's like that movie probably I feel like I don't know this for a fact, but I feel like there's probably seen that movie where Garfield's girlfriend Arlene and a female security guard talk about lasagna for more than four lines, So, like, you know, I think this probably passes the Bechdel test.
Speaker 3: The Bechdel test is not one of the standards, by the way.
Speaker 1: That was just me.
Speaker 2: We're just throwing this out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just throwing We put us in charge, Hollywood. We'll let everybody in, all right. And finally, sex spots are going a little bit viral right now because thanks to this article from The Sun back in twenty sixteen, then somebody went back and screen capped it was tweeted out revealed women will be having more sex with robots than men by twenty twenty five. This article came out June thirtieth, twenty sixteen, is accompanied by a picture of a like robot from Yeah well rob Yeah, I robot. Yeah yeah, the I robot robot just like laying there looking off pensively as a naked woman like nuzzles his chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The robot is thinking about the price of micro chips right now.
Speaker 2: Weird day at the photoshop minds.
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, woman having sex with a robot, and the robot does have emotions and is not into this, you know what.
Speaker 2: Probably the weirder part is the graphic designer having to pretend to mock something up rather than pulling from their vast files.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It is kind of hot.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me let me get right to see a.
Speaker 1: Couple of day like flip into personal stash robots. I also loved that in this article, the word of robots is an all caps, so it's like they're yelling at at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more sex with.
Speaker 2: Robots than men.
Speaker 4: By twenty twenty five. Yeah, this person's got an ax to grind with robots.
Speaker 2: Not to be not to be that guy. But probably even before twenty twenty five, when you realize this is this article is implying inferring that women will be having sex with androids, you know, humanoid robots, sex bots. I think that probably the definition of robot probably goes down to including a decent number of existing commercial products that are out on the market now in terms of sex having.
Speaker 4: That's why everyone look that hot and pensive. Well, you nuzzle its chest, because that's the that's I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: If you draw a frownie face on a vibrator, you kind.
Speaker 1: Of robot.
Speaker 3: Said face vibrator. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So people started sharing this when January first hit and you know, people crowned twenty twenty five the Year of robot fucking. Uh the headline and this is going to surprise people because this article is from the Sun, which is, you know, one of the finest news.
Speaker 2: Outlets, one of the Murdock ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Sun is one of the one one of the Murdock ones.
Speaker 2: That uh, I was of the Murdoch ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really bad. Like also like nude pictures of women in it. Like there's just a page that's like, oh and this is the So you got your sports section, you got your World news section, you got your Playboy like magazine that we just begin news.
Speaker 2: You know, it's basically just you know, a broadsheet Reddit.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, that's right.
Speaker 4: So it's cites one future ologist, doctor Ian Pearson, who said that there was probably going to be an era of robot fucking that starts in twenty twenty five, and that humans won't be overtaken by sex robots until likely twenty fifty.
Speaker 3: But he and.
Speaker 4: He's he's pissed that this is going viral. So I never said that. I said that, Like he specifically says it is abstract that like it'll probably seem weird at first, and like he's going to be doing it.
Speaker 1: Until it becomes delightful.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I does no one. We're just not questioning anyone who calls themselves a fucking future ologist. Has any one of those fools ever been right about anything.
Speaker 1: That you're gonna say? Has any of those fools ever been to the future?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, exactly where are they from?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. All these fuckers are doing is across a broad spectrum of people parroting sci fi tropes, and then they each put a different year so that retroactively, one of them will get the right year, and then they can say the field of future ology is correct. Right, It's like fortune teller grift.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, well that's that's like one hundred percent of it is. It's like it's like the click batization of the news is like it's not even focused on like is this person an expert or not? It's just is this a clickable headline? And it's like, yeah, yeah, does this person have any sort of real background in this or are they just like making up bullshit? And people are like, well that's spicy, you know, like it's annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fan sourcing the news now, yeah, it's all like fan fiction at this point. Like I can't get over the new Jersey drones thing going as viral as it did. But it just seemed like people are like, I don't know, man, it's like kind of boring right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So the company that is the closest to making the sex robot, so, first of all, you're going to be shocked to learn that the actual sex robot industry in twenty twenty five is more of a by dudes for dudes type of a thing, like a lot of straight men with disposable income, and that it's like a very insular community where they all probably have like weird shorthand, Like you could probably go spend a fascinating afternoon like in a red subreddit about like you know, sex doll enthusiasts.
Speaker 3: And just like learning all the lingo and.
Speaker 2: Really shot.
Speaker 1: Right now, treat yourself that's right, subreddit and just take a day.
Speaker 4: The highest end or like the closest to a you know, android level sex robot can't even stand up because the only robotic bit is her head.
Speaker 3: As it's a it's a woman.
Speaker 4: As our writer JM McNabb said, it kind of looks like a collaboration between Maxim magazine and Disney World's Hall of Presidence. Like that's kind of the energy that you're getting from. It's just all very yeah, not a lot of diversity. It's just a bunch of fifty to sixty year old white guys being like, yeah, if you could fuck a Barbie doll.
Speaker 2: I mean that's like the classic Silicon Valley thing, which is you're just seeing in the most extreme version, which is like creating a product and a fake market that doesn't exist. You're just like, yeah, there's no need for this. Yeah, there's I hate these people so much.
Speaker 1: But it's also like creating a product that's like actively making the world worse.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, yes, yeah, how can I how can I make the world worse? Full the venture capitalists until they have they're pot committed, so they have to back my Cockamamy idea. I mean it's you know, that's the uber lyft Yeah for sure, a Waimo business model, and just like oh good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like ear you're in for several million dollars. Let's go. You can't know backing out now.
Speaker 4: Brian the editor just shared the link to our sex dolls, and yeah, it looks like you could spend a lot of time in here just being weirded out.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm fucking clicking now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our sex dolls here's good grade fun.
Speaker 2: One favorite. Thank you Brian.
Speaker 3: Found my favorite one for me. I mean the rules.
Speaker 4: The very first rule is no dolls that represented child, which is fucking bleak as hell that that has to be the very first rule.
Speaker 2: I will just say my favorite question from this and I am realizing I guess I click this. I am absolutely signed in under my own Reddit account. Are these dolls sex dolls legal? Okay? Whatever. The second half of this question is will this doll pass customs, which tells.
Speaker 4: Me, h, this is also really good. How can you dispose of dolls discreetly? And the first sentence of the answer you should be able to cut it into smaller pieces if you have a wrench or other tools to dissemble the skeleton underneath as well, it might just be easier to put it out for sale. Put it out for sale like in a fucking yard sale or giveaway on dollform dot com. Uh used sex doll is God damn, what a weird interaction that must be. Just show up at somebody's house and by their used sex doll, like hear them refer to it, but like it's a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh this is I'm loving being signed in on my account here. This is great. I would you should you disppose of the sex doll discreetly at all?
Speaker 1: I feel like proud.
Speaker 2: You should absolutely sit it on the curve next to your trash. Can we wttle sign around invariably Hernack.
Speaker 1: Saying like just tred its thumbs so it looks like it's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you clean the orifice after use? Is one of the questions.
Speaker 4: These are all things that we can go check out, uh, you know, whenever we want.
Speaker 2: If there was any justice in the world to read about this in the Sun have to go to our slash sex dolls.
Speaker 4: Yeah the sun got too too excited able to fuck dolls soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But also this this idea, like like the scary headline of women will be having more sexual robots, you know obviously from a right wing mag is probably troubling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, scary thing like that plug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the actual facts are about no woman is remotely interested in this. There's no market for this. The only market is again, you know, probably the same two hundred white guys that you can identify.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly they So they spoke to a non future. By the way, the futurist. The futurist they talked to was like, I never said that. That's crazy, Like you just obviously took what I was saying out of context. But they asked somebody who was has more of an expertise on this and said that it's a complex issue with a number of different considerations. But sex robots probably may never really be a thing. Even if they're produced, they will remain a niche product and mostly used for companionship, with sex almost secondary to that which we're already seeing like ais being used to help people's loneliness, and like the way we interact with actual people is not face to face and in person, So like, why spend all the money on you know, these things cost an incredible.
Speaker 3: Amount of money. Ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to say our sex dolls. There's a eighty seven thousand members of the subreddit thirteen online now, so shout out to those thirteen dudes. Yeah, that is more than I.
Speaker 4: Would have thought though, eighty seven thousand. Maybe it's people doing it for the wolves.
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, closing that and back to regular sex dollstock.
Speaker 3: We're to hang out here for a little bit, all right.
Speaker 4: Well, Joey, what a pleasure having you on the Daily Zeitgeist as always?
Speaker 3: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks so much for having me. Always a true delight being on this show. You can follow me on Twitter, Blue Sky, and TikTok at Joey Tainman, and you can follow me on threads and Instagram at Joey Cliff with five or six eyes. One thing I want to promote is that I am currently working on a short film called Paw. It's a kind of based on my experiences growing up as a young Native kid on reservations. It's about a young naive kid trying to find a place to charge the video game console to pow wow. And I've got a substack where I'm talking about it Joey Cliff dot substack dot com. You can find more information about the production and places to see it. So definitely check that out, support that project. And then it was the trailer just dropped today. I'm on season ten of I'm actually on Dropout, so check that out. If you nice, love yourself some drop out. There you go, and.
Speaker 3: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: So a work of media that I've been enjoying is I would say this video of hul coke and getting booed Merciless sleep by. Yes, it was croud when he came out to promote his new real American anti woke beer brand. You can find a really great cret clip of it shared by at the Enemy's pe three on Twitter, and it's just it's like forty five seconds long. And if you want to watch an old racist get booed by twenty thousand people, just like treat yourself, you know.
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 4: Great having you, Andrew? Where can people find you as their workmedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Andrew T on Blue Sky. I guess I don't know. Instagram probably instagram'spad now was bad before the work of media. It's not really, strictly speaking, any individual piece of media. But I think I have already found my salad of twenty twenty five. I saw it from a particular I guess it was sent to me as an Instagram but i'd probably TikTok technically but also it's not this person's original recipe anyway, and I'm sure there's a million copycats anyway, Celery lemon, dates shallatts olive oil. The original recipe said parmesan cheese. I put in some blue cheese lemon. Did I say lemon? Holy shit? I ate the salad twice. I ate, for the first time of my life in one day, an entire bunch of celery, which is insanity. That's a lot's a great salad ever anyway, so good cut the celery on a bias very thin. Holy shit. I'm gonna make one after this recording for real.
Speaker 3: That sounds really good. Salad of the year. Salad of the year.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's that's your work of media, folks. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at jack obi one. And I've been enjoying this comic of a chicken crossing over a chunk of road and it's just why did the chicken cross the road? It's very by Beetle Moses at beetle Moses on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another work of media the subreddit r s I sex dolls is it's a workimedia.
Speaker 4: I've really been I've been spending a lot of time lately. Is not a joke.
Speaker 2: It's the most reading I've done today. So oh, I did actually get a book that I think people know about, but I read it was a Christmas present called Between Two Fires, a very very unpleasant sort of I guess medieval horror. It's set during the Black Plague, and it's like it's sort of like if Game of Thrones, but the underlying mythology slash magic in the world was like medieval plague era conceptions of Catholicism, so there's like angels and devils and all kinds of fucking horrible shit happening. It's a very unpleasant read, and I think people know about it, but it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Between two Fires and it is a subtle parody of Between Two Ferns.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting workI media I've been enjoying well. M Uol on Twitter wrote, the most attractive thing a man can do is hitting his own head and repeating stupid, stupid, stupid, and that's one of my go to moves. Ladies, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obe. The number one.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, dailyzeikeguys dot com. You can also check out the show notes, which is the description of the episode you're listening to, and we will include there the footnotes, which is where we link us to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: I just had a song suggested to me called Purple Snowflakes by say She. I don't know if it's been done or people, but it's of the previous rideouts. It feels like sort of on that vibe brand. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just had like a run on a shuffle this morning of like three of the songs that Miles is recommended, and I was like, man, you recommend some good songs.
Speaker 2: This feels this feels like Miles ish and maybe it's I don't know, maybe there's a reason it's not, or maybe it's been recommended this band, but you know, it's sort of like, uh, how do Spotify describe its psychedelic discodelic.
Speaker 3: Purple Snowflakes by Say Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do recommend and I think it would fit in the groove.
Speaker 4: Well, we will link off to that in the footnotes. Dailey's are the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then bye.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah