Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning, the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is d J n V. Charlamagne and the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Our special guest host Chris Keeling his here.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Have we got some special guests in the building. Our guy can in his hair. Yes, with a special guest Klondike Blonde.
Speaker 3: We got a future superstar in the building in the granted to you all. Yeah, but we've seen it.
Speaker 2: But he hasn't been here. But you're doing every damn thing out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm good man, I'm excited about you know, obviously here to talk about the new show that we launching on the u B t V H one.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: But just working man, you know how to go just the grinds, doing my morning show thing too. So that's probably why I really ain't been able to be up here.
Speaker 5: What future superstar speaking of you the superstars, how you feel about your son being a better rapper than you?
Speaker 2: Yes, we play what you think?
Speaker 3: You know? I go, I don't want none of my wax sauce to get on him. So I'm like he's doing that. I'm calling back now.
Speaker 2: Somebody said he over the ghost right for you?
Speaker 3: He should nah, My son is amazing man, and like seeing like that. You know, when I'm young, kids really got the natural swag, like he'd be putting me up on the new game and stuff. And the dope thing is he's a rapper, but he's also a producer too, so he's really into that space of like making beats and DJing and gaming and all that stuff. If he wants to do that, I see he really got it. He y'all see him rocking them stages doing it every now on tour with his mom.
Speaker 5: So that's pressure, all right, because he's Nick Cannon's damn right.
Speaker 3: There's no pressure of being Nick Cannon's You're still a superstar, but now being Mariah's daughter and singing yes true, that's the press. So that's why even with Monroe, we gotta doing things like I taught her how to play guitar. We still I want her to have other aspects. She really wants to be an actress too. She's talking about she wants to go to the Yell Drama School and make sure like if she really gets like she's taking it seriously. She's already talking about, you know, getting her her degree in theater at Yale, So like just trying to, you know, as a father, trying to really guide them in the direction. And we never pushed it on them, but the fact that now they're really starting to embrace it as they get into the teenage world, really want to cultivate it.
Speaker 2: So I'm proud of them, man, with everything that you're doing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We talked about some of the shows. When do you have time to do so many goddamn skits?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 2: I was watching one this morning show them It's like, Nick, just boy, this is boy.
Speaker 3: It's all part of the movement though, It's like, I mean, y'all know y'all do this every morning. It's like it's cameras always around, a lot of creative people around. So I just my team was like, yo, let's start doing it. We just do it. We probably do, like I drop like a skit or two every week, just some fly shit.
Speaker 2: They do it.
Speaker 1: Skip with one of your child's moms, yes, a lot. Any other child mom be like, why.
Speaker 2: Do you do so many skits with it?
Speaker 3: What's interesting? Because like, I mean, everybody kind of got they lane. So like on my morning show, The Daily Cannon, I have, you know, one of the mothers of my children. She's in radio. She dj Abby Daily Rosa, so that's kind of her space. So our social commentary and daily conversation, that's her lane. So Brie is on selling Sunset and like kind of like a social media gurgule and stuff, so that's her lane. So and everybody even behind the scenes, like you know, some of them have like foundations, and we do a lot of philanthropic work. You'll see that some are literally like doctors and writing op eds and thesis. So you'll be able Like the people that specifically the mothers and my children that I have in my life, I try to cultivate whatever it is that they're into, and even kind of goes all the way back to the business of like future superstars, Like I feel like I'm in that season. I'm in my era of just helping others and kind of amplifying whatever it is that they got going. And sometimes you just happened to be my baby mama. Yeah nah, I mean you too. Man. You don't get enough credit for all that you do, and you know, helping people and putting them on and allowing them to shine. So I feel like we're kind of those guys that get to say, all right, if we see something in somebody, we can kind of put the mechanisms around them and allow them to do their thing.
Speaker 5: All breazon to God. There it is now Klondike Blond, how are you, man?
Speaker 6: I'm doing goodreat how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm blessed? Black and hoighly favorite. Now, Now, where did the content of Future Superstars come from? Nick? And why Klondike Blond? Why did why her? Specifically?
Speaker 3: I mean, if she's to go, she her vibe is punk rock rap like and if you saw her episode that actually just aired, you know, uh, this week is really these people have compelling stories. If we remember what VH one was always about, was like we saw the behind the music and it was really like telling the story sometimes you know it was a retrospective story. But now it's like these are the origin stories. So this is like before the music. This is in her journey man. I mean everything that she's gone through in life from you know, there's a lot of tragedy, there's a lot of things to wear. How her music helps with their anxiety and to be able to kind of create your own genre. We went on this tour and I just wanted to highlight and tell the stories of these people that are just more than musicians, because we didn't we don't have that no more. We don't have other than platforms like y'all had. But we came up with v H one behind the Music, you know, uh one O six in Parking. So I feel like we can now still be those curators to help this next generation because I just got frustrated as somebody who has a label and has artists, and like, yo, what happened to that promo run? What happened to putting people on the road, coming into radio stations playing they song, meet and pds and shake your hands, kissing babies, all of that type of stuff. And we did that. I started the tour with Live Nation, and then I put the cameras on it, and you know, now we got you know, a tour, a TV show. They on the cover of Vibe magazine. It's like so now it's like this is like that that starter kit of like all right, the way double XL has the Freshman cover, But now we got the cover of the magazine, we got the tour, we got the TV show. So if you see one of these acts, they literally gonna become, you know, the next super what you.
Speaker 5: Just said is why I feel like it's hard to build superstars nowadays.
Speaker 3: Facts like there.
Speaker 5: Are no I don't think who's the last superstar. I'm talking a superstar.
Speaker 3: We've had facts now and then we had that conversation all the time because it's like one you don't everything. It's so microwaveable, you know what I mean. Everybody wanted, want it now, and then when they don't want it no more, they on to the next thing. But if you know someone's story, if you know what she went through, if you know you know her relationship, you know with her family and the things that you know how close she is with you know, her brother was one of her biggest fans and had a tragic accident and now she's doing it for her brother. If you know that the songs that you know Ray she has all the tattoos is connected to growing up in a trap house and a mom and dad being teenagers. Like when you know that about somebody, when you hear their music, you're like, Okay, I'm connected now. And I feel like this generation of kids, they they're figuring it out through their phones and social media, but it's never amplified. You never get to see it at a level where you know, hopefully we're doing with super future.
Speaker 7: Superstars are so like what you're being from Raleigh, North Carolina to South, How did you get discovered because it seems like no one really looks for us down.
Speaker 4: South exactly, especially in the Carolina right right.
Speaker 8: So the thing is, I didn't move to Cali when I was twelve, Okay, so, but this is in the Bay Area. Even in the Bay Area, I couldn't really like get my name out there like I wanted to. So sin as I turned eighteen, I moved to Atlanta because I knew, like growing up, I knew that was a spot like to be like to get discovered in to pop off your career.
Speaker 6: So that's really how I got discovered in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: What about the name Klondyke Blonde.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it came out of my ass one day I really nowhere, Like I had just cut my hair and bleached and blonde, and I was about to upload my first song. I'm looking in the mirror, high as hell, and I'm like, I'm not feel to upload this song under my government name.
Speaker 6: So I don't know, it just came to me. I was like Klondike Blonde.
Speaker 4: This is it?
Speaker 6: So I really I uploaded this song I put the name is Klondike Blonde, and it's just tell you stupid.
Speaker 5: One of our producers very it just has nothing to do with you at all. She goes, yeah, she's a lesbian, and I go, what sexuality got to.
Speaker 6: Do a lot.
Speaker 5: Then she comes back in the room and goes, cow is wrong. She's not let me.
Speaker 3: But did they want her to be one?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: I'm like, what does this?
Speaker 5: He said?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh wow, that makes sense. I'm like.
Speaker 8: When I be out and stuff, like at the club, for some reason, like I get so much female attention.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 8: They don't even know my name yet they have my phone, putting the number my phone.
Speaker 4: I'm like, probably because of the tattoos.
Speaker 5: Maybe, but yeah, no, go ahead, Nick said, the tattoos tell the story. Yeah, you have a weapon of mass destruction on your neck as a.
Speaker 2: Forty seven.
Speaker 6: Everything out of there.
Speaker 5: Talk to me, where do we start the A K?
Speaker 6: Yes, so Bella and Katana or two of my little sisters. So the A plus the K together for me?
Speaker 4: Okay, what about the wolf?
Speaker 8: Not a wolf is my Doggiel family.
Speaker 2: You're right, in the triangle.
Speaker 6: Okay, so one of my best friends.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh no, I was a little sad one day and she said that this is supposed to like uplift you and like change your life and listen to.
Speaker 3: It try, and you know that's crazy.
Speaker 8: She told me like in the morning, and I went to go get it in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: So like that was kind.
Speaker 3: Of she's one of them. Sposed like her song right now is called tatted Up. That's her single, and she literally, I mean one of the biggest one is probably covered right now, but she got Blanco on my belly. Yeah, like Tupac Ship. So it was like she she really, what did you find?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I think, yeah, one.
Speaker 3: Of my what did you find? I mean, well, honestly, it's uh, you know, she's kind of truncating her story a little bit. But she was on the grind for a minute and actually had a song that went super viral. A lot of people already. Uh, her drip record went crazy, like twenty thirty million string and I heard like my kids were singing it off of TikTok, and I'm like one of them, annoying that I'm back on my I didn't know about it, like I see my kids singing it, like what is this damn song?
Speaker 5: And then like you got to make sure it's not something appropriate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like, oh, this is join is crazy. And then through our connection you know, uh, through Frisco Chuck in the Bay and everything. She they who runs incredible music, was like, Yo, this is this is that record? And then were we met her and knowing that she was already moving as I was like, Yo, this she's a superstar. Like when she walked in the room, that's a star right there. And then from then I was putting together the future Superstar tour and we're like, yo, we could probably make this work. And you know me, I'm always thinking TV shows, movies, products and all that. And she embodied everything that we were trying to put together with that that young energy fact that she already has something that was popping and really just wanted to cultivate, like yo, when you see somebody. I was like, all right, we're gonna tweak it like this. We're gonna take all that viral sensation and put something on And I was like, yo, she's a rock star. So we've been going with this punk rock rap movement that she created.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you are because I see you're standing behind her, and you know, do you feel like you missed out because you didn't stand behind by Kilane like you should or maybe her you have to do with her to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And a lot of people don't even know there's a connection between her and Carolina. It's just something something in the water in the Bay Area that really like it's just young stars up there, really really getting it popping in. I think one of the reasons why I actually bought Future Superstars t v H one is because a lot of people don't know me as the music executive or you know, the Actually we.
Speaker 5: Try not to think about you with music that.
Speaker 3: Because this is the starting between him, Carlos Miller, fucking everybody I employed on while it's out there, we created this narrative that I don't know music.
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: I was singing the words to Jiggelow and he was so upset that I knew the words to Jigo.
Speaker 1: My friend just shot I got a straight, straight shot today got no hits.
Speaker 3: That's not true this conversation. You do have a good eyes of music. Yeah, So, and I've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Quiety what happened?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean it's still as an executive and even this process because what I don't like to be, and we can get a little deep in it. I don't like to be one of those those executives that take advantage of people. I don't want to be some I've never liked the vulture energy of just like, oh I'm gonna sign this probab, I'm gonna take credit. So what I do. I've helped a lot of artists and I just fall back and you could tell the world that I helped you or put you on or signed you if you want to, but I'm not. I don't force you to wear the incredible chain. I don't And because that's how the industry has been set up for so long, and now you hear all of these stories that people saying this person took my publisher and this person. I never got it. I've never wanted to be one because I was an artist. So I was like, when I get the opportunity to put people on, I'm not going to force my hand on anyone. So the beauty of future Superstars is I get to show the journey. I get to show all the hard work that I put in the artists without having to be like this more artists and this is this, and and now when I make those deals and get like, I'm just I don't want your money.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to be like Night with Sig Knight did the Sourcial World. If you don't want an executive, that's all in.
Speaker 3: The videos.
Speaker 10: Taking all your paper shit come on with incredible nah.
Speaker 3: But in the sense it's like, I just really want to be fair to people. And so that's the reason why you never heard about me, you know, helping a lot of these artists that are superstars now. But people are like, man, you got to take your credit. You got to show people what you do. And now because we keep cameras around stuff all the time, I can show people the process of this is how music executive really moves. And so my journey, my narrative on Future Superstars, you get to see me go from city to city really looking for superstars. Literally every city we went to, I gave out ten thousand dollars to an artist emerging artist that's usually as signing bonus for life. I was just get here's a ten thousand dollars grant. You had to sign the grant, talk tell me why you popping in your city. And we was literally handing out big checks in every city to and getting them ready for season two.
Speaker 5: So you're on mad Post. Don't nobody know nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't gave them money, Arlotte. They kept the publishing, but I just said, man, hey, I want to see you continue on. So it's one of those scenarios where I want to pay it forward and show people that you don't have to steal people from people. And I think because of someone who has a talent, who has a gift, you don't have to leach off of someone else's gift. You could just amplify their gift. And hopefully that's what future said.
Speaker 5: What about her, because I mean I saw the Kalina because I you know, I know you had Dolly doing like a lot of this. Yeah, I didn't see her. I never saw her.
Speaker 3: Well interesting enough if you go back and one of the things, because she was we kind of had them the same time. They kind of even grew up together. Uh. And I was real close h with with Gabby as we know as her like her father and stuff. We kind of grew up in the same you know, hood and and and so I I would always her dad actually was the one that told me that kay Lannie was not doing someone was homeless at the time when she was a teenager and was like, Yo, you should call that girl that you had on America's got talent, because we were already working with Gabby, who was nine or ten years old and like a phenom of playing like seven instruments or something.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 5: Gavy was her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't know what to do with her at the time, and it's so funny when you're saying her because you don't know who I'm talking about Gabby. And then she would see we were working on kay Lannie and she was trying to find her identity as a kid, and she was like, yo, I wanted and I'm like, yo, you should. Let's forget about, you know, the artistry. Just work on the music and focus on that and we don't even have to put an image out there. And then that's eventually how she came up with cultivating like not showing her face and kind of just making about the music because her sound was so mature, like her voice is so amazing that a lot of people are like, that's a little girl like and we actually if you saw, if you go back and do the research, like we had Gabby. She was on you know those like emerging Artists on the BET Awards as Gabby Wilson and you see this little girl, this giant bass guitar, and you know, she was on the Today Show and like it was like more gimmicky. I put her in an if you look, like there's a Nickelodeon movie that I've wrote and directed called Schoolgirls that we put it was justin Bieber's first movie. It was a Soldier Boys. She was one of the little girls. And so you see the work that I put in with these artists over the years, and then you look up and you're like, oh damn, that was like people pay attention, know that we was doing it. And then by the time they become the stars that they are, you know, some some show love, some don't. But it's just like, yo, it's not my it's not my place to be, Like I'm the one that gave you your first sign. I don't want people to be signed to me. That's what I'm saying, Like I don't need that, Like again, like why if I can connect you, I don't want to be your middleman. I don't need none of your money. I don't need none of your publishing, and not every artist that I work with him like, I'm gonna be good whether you're successful or not. You know, so if anything, let me be able to be a mentor and tell you this is what I think you should do as someone who just cares about you and wants to see you win. When you sign somebody that gets a little weird transaction, yeah, then it's I don't want to have ownership over nothing that God has blessed you.
Speaker 5: I'd rather partner. I'd rather either just do it because I want to do it. I'd rather just partner with exactly.
Speaker 3: And then in that partnership, I'm bringing something to the table other than connections and all that not, like, let's let's work on something together, and then in these things as partnerships, we can get money together. But I don't ever like even I think like I wouldn't want I don't want to know if if I ain't right part of the song on my part, I don't want nothing that Kaylani or her or Trade two three or any of these people that are great, amazing songwriters I don't. I wasn't a part of that, So why should I be Why should I be collecting on that?
Speaker 5: Is that pressure Klondike for you, pressure as far as because you know you hear about her story, the Kalina's story, the pressure for you to reach them.
Speaker 8: I mean it is, say it's pressure from that. I just have that desire to reset level of success regardless.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think it's pressured all.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you had your I made it moment?
Speaker 8: Yet I feel like I accomplished everything I said I was gonna do as a kid. But being here and seeing that like I accomplished those things that I.
Speaker 6: Still see that I have way further to go.
Speaker 8: So I don't think in my head that like I'm where exactly where I need to be.
Speaker 4: But you're definitely gonna right track.
Speaker 6: But I'm on the right Yeah, you definitely be almost there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So why why did you just focus on music? Though? With future Superstars, I think we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna I mean that's just the first show that I rolled out. You'll see a lot more stuff. I mean obviously in the space of you know, comedy is where you know we get off really well and you know, platforms like wild'n Out has birthed so many stars, so I don't I have that place where I can implement social media stars and even comedians and actors because wild'n out is going to continue to go and do do what it needs to do. So I feel like I have that lane. And again, part of the music thing for me was people didn't know that I was. There's a lot of people like Nick Cannon does music. And then then so the fact that is like see this motherfucker over here, when even just the word music, like before I was rapper, music like this music is something every project, all of my successful projects Charlotte Mane have music in them, and I'm a.
Speaker 5: Musical gospel song with Kim Brell.
Speaker 3: I was lying.
Speaker 5: I just was like, you know what, I'm not gonna do them like that.
Speaker 10: And I'm not even talking about being I'm like, so like mass singer America's got talent absolutely all music based stuff.
Speaker 3: Wild'n out every like and I say this all the time. I make all the music on wild'n Out, But it's just like people just they see the aspect of like every drum line, like every like everything that I do has a musical vibration to it. It's just that, you know, for whatever reason, because the motherfucker's like this. The narrative is that I haven't been successful.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with me.
Speaker 11: You, you're the corporate you.
Speaker 3: I only say rap. I don't feel just said music. You see how the fucking media, I'll take the rap ships back like but now it's like now I'm not Now I'm not successful in music like those things though, But that's why that's the whole purpose of Future Superstar in itself. Like we joking, we're friends and ship like that, but it really is educating people to the space of like, yo, I've been a music executive for over twenty years, but.
Speaker 2: Do you think you overworking? We know you had health issues before. Yeah, but you it don't seem like you slow down. It seemed like that made you work harderly.
Speaker 3: Gave me more. I mean, ship the clocks start taking faster like it gave me, like yo, I really had to get serious in that sense of like yo, all right, let's it's bandwidth more than anything. It's like, all right, I got a lot to do. You know, God ain't done with me. He's He's blessed me. With the opportunity to have gone through some real ship and now it's like, all right, now, let's get you health together. Let's lock in and really focus and make the most of your time. So every day that I wake up healthy and shit don't hurt, it's like I got to get to it. Like that's the blessing in itself.
Speaker 5: So do you really think like, I mean, we're all dying, right, you never know, but you really think like the.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, especially like during that time it got dark, like during like you know, twenty twelve to even like twenty sixteen, cause I didn't know and I couldn't get the shit right. So every time I got one thing rightly, I get a blood clot here or a pulmonary embolism. I couldn't like my lungs.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: So once I got to this space of like, all right, I figured out, you know, how to stay healthy and how to stay alive, then it's like that's the constant reminder of like you gotta do something with this. You got to turn your pain into purpose, And for me that became helping others, like and you know, you go through this this spiritual transition of like all the things that feed me are probably not the best for me. But when I'm feeding others, that's when I feel the healthiest, That's when I feel the drive to do so. Now I live in that space, I'm like, all right, what can I do to make the world a better place? What can I do to lend a hand to the next artist? And you know that's you know, that's that that's that healthy journey for me to where it gives me that drive because I don't feel like I'm busy. I don't feel like I'm doing too much. I feel like, yo, this is this is my calling. This is where I'm supposed to go with it. So, you know, hopefully, however many more years I got left I keep rocking.
Speaker 5: Was that the reason you started having so many kids?
Speaker 3: People say that I don't know, like if I if I took the spiritual.
Speaker 1: You might have said it in an interviewer, joked around.
Speaker 3: But if I'm being serious, it wasn't like I set out to do it. It probably got to that space of like, I value being a father, I value life, So I was I was never against the concept. And if we want to have deeper conversations about you know, like what I talk about in therapy and even as as men. It's like there are those times and we've been you know, I call it access to access. I have the ability to do my thing and pro and a lot of others. Probably I could I could have stopped, you know, and and or even not had the children, but I was welcoming the idea of it and was never against it. So you know, I've worked through a lot of that through therapy of like, yeah, I love being a father, I love the life that they give me life. But and I could have made some other decisions, you know, with the mothers of my children, but I was one of those things, like I want to have these kids and as many kids as I possibly can, because you know, I come from that mentality of like, as long as I could take care of my tribe and we can live in an abundant way, that's how I want to be there. And then you know, you we go through those you know, everybody has challenges, you know, and nobody it's I don't want everybody to feel like, oh, I got it all the way figured out and I'm just out here having babies and everybody's good, like, but every family goes through their process and you know whether you want to be from a judgmental standpoint or whatever, it's like you you cannot deny the love that goes on and how much I care for my family, and you know, hopefully you know at the end of the day, the only people that would be able to tell you if I was a good dad or not are my children.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that with people being so judgmental, you know, saying that you have so many kids, and how people possibly raise these kids and be at their games and be at their recitals and.
Speaker 3: Watch me do the work like there's I don't And that's what I said. At the end of the day, the only people that really matter, the only opinion is going to be my kids and I. Through therapy, It's like I've realized at some point, you know, I'm not gonna get it right every time. But as everybody knows that I'm doing my best and being the best father that I can possibly be considering the circumstances, then and I live that, I stick my chest out of it. It's gonna be sometimes I fall flat, like am I did?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: I didn't do that one correctly. This is more challenging if I if I wasn't spread so thin, but it's all rooted in the space of like, I'm trying to give you my all and I'm trying to be my best. So regardless, you know, I say people say, people's opinions about me is none of my business. And and if anything, I take that that low frequency energy and shifted to where it's like I keep talking because I'm doing the work. How you? How are you?
Speaker 5: Is it low frequency energy? If people say, Nick, why don't you wear.
Speaker 3: Con Who told you? I don't wear condom?
Speaker 2: You use the kindom you need?
Speaker 3: Your first of all, Jesus, I could have had a lot more. Do you want more? But because of condoms?
Speaker 5: There is there if you don't win, No damn coms. Ain't nobody here crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't believe I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I worked on the mind. Matter of fact, I not mind having more. You know, here is the way you.
Speaker 11: Question the question, the interview, the internet.
Speaker 2: But how do you Christmas?
Speaker 3: I mean I joked, I say all I'm Saint Nick and everything, but it's really structured in a way to where those you know, I kind of take that week and turn it into Christmas week, you know, And and there is because I'm traveling and flying like I'm trying to be every everybody. And even Thanksgiving was the same way. I was in five six different Thanksgivings at the time, because it's not it's my mom's, because my grandmother's.
Speaker 2: Say, twenty minutes, thirty minutes, I mean dinner.
Speaker 3: You got to hear that, y'all play spas. I'm out to the next time you eat. I mean, I'm taking everybody. You know, everybody looked different. So one thing, my white baby mom, I'm not really eating.
Speaker 9: But they got cancer rolls.
Speaker 3: It's differ between pumpkin pies.
Speaker 5: We take one of your baby mom's breef. She said, how you juggle your twelve kids for the holidays is your problem, and I don't.
Speaker 3: See it as a problem. I think she was saying, like that's it is, but it's I don't involve her, like sheel like.
Speaker 5: The baby mom's got to make it eaty for you too, right.
Speaker 3: They do. And that's what I like, I said, I give them credit to where like even in the process of like they say, this is what we want, and it's everything from Christmas pictures, the slid riding the pictures with saying that our experiences, like I make sure that every kid who wants to do something or we have certain things set up, we make time to go do it. So it's almost in that thing like, look, we want to do these six things for Christmas. They want to do these things. So I'm kind of again it's I'm all over the damn but it's fun. I mean, y'all see my ig you see me, Like I'm at I'm at the Grinch Smiths one day, I'm over here, you know, Candy Cane Lane the other day. And it's really like my kids are having an amazing time and it's and it's not to be performative. It's just like, yo, this is my life and we're fucking having a ball. Like nigga, you know much money I spend at Disneyland a year? Imagine nigga, I got six.
Speaker 2: So I comment.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing is because I used to hold Christmas Morning at Disneyland, and so I used to get that Disney bag like it was like and it was they were perks, so all of that stuff was free. It's no longer free. And I had two kids then, so like to be twelve and every birthday christ like I'm literally at Disneyland at least once a month, and to move around Disney like I probably I'm probably spending two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: A year.
Speaker 2: Cause you got pack for the chaperone you got.
Speaker 3: Disneyland is expensive at the top, like if you're trying to stay in the hotel and now it's it's not how it used to be, Like you gotta make reservations and stuff. But so I spending two hundred thousand dollars a year at Disneyland.
Speaker 4: You need to give you like a membership or something.
Speaker 3: I used to be an employee. I'm like, Mickey, can't you look up? Can I get back in my job?
Speaker 5: What job?
Speaker 3: I need back?
Speaker 5: Thinking to man, And it's the last thing I'm gonna say about this. I think it is your duty because you are a man. That is the service. Yes, you should tell people what kind of condoms do you know? Nobody else? You should tell people choice.
Speaker 3: Again, First of all, I like the gold Rappers, that's where it is, and those work very well. I none of my children came from a condom mishap. They were purpose fault.
Speaker 4: They were playing went wrong on purpose.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't you go wrong on purpose? But I'm married. Yes, as you should know what I'm saying during those times you go wrong on purpose. I have never unprotected sex with someone that I didn't intend to view it right like, I know if I'm having unprotected sex that this person could get pregnant.
Speaker 5: Look like a jail bab.
Speaker 10: You conversation about talking to you really feel that way?
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a fearless romantic. Just tag it on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: There's any woman that that you had a child with?
Speaker 1: Did they feel like they were gonna stop you from doing it and you were gonna be the one?
Speaker 3: Did y'all ever have just them? I mean, uh, it's funny like dreams. She's taking it off.
Speaker 2: Saying there one of them had to feel like they could change you would change it.
Speaker 3: Because the women in my life are so amazing that they are elevated in the sense that they never tried to change. They knew what it was and it wasn't like it was just a process because all of them started off as true companions and I look at them now, it's like those are the people I talk to, like in that sense of not on like some poly you know idea, but like those are the only that's my circle. That's who I That's who I go to when I'm having issues because the world a lot of times is against us, so like we gotta stick together in a sense of like they I gotta protect them and they got to protect me. Even not to generalize them as a group, but just individually, those are the people that I go to when I'm depressed, when I'm fucked up and I'm like, damn, I don't know how I'm how am I going to do it this month or what? And they take they see that I only got so much in me, you know what I mean. So when they see I'm a little depleted and I need to unplug for a second, those are the people that I rely.
Speaker 7: So what if it baby Mama's decided to start dating? Like is that an issue?
Speaker 3: Some of them are relationships and stuff like that. I don't know that. I don't run this like it's not like this is my kingdom, Like it's whoever you want to be, whatever makes you happy. I support it, and I guess maybe I'm I've kind of evolved to a place where I'm not driven by that. Now, obviously the interaction is going to be completely different because somebody I'm romantically involved with or intimate with, I'm gonna have a certain level of connection with them than I do with somebody I don't, and I just co parent with So even at you know, at the highest level, you know, the world has witnessed, you know, Mariah be in relationships and it's always been loved. That's somebody that I've always admired and considered one of my best friends for life. And there was never beef whether she's in a relationship or not. So I don't have a problem with I. And I go back to how I always talk when I was like I only I like who liked me? Like if you park with me, I'm fucking with you. If you how some someone else, then that's what the energy is. So I've never tried to push myself into a scenario that I'm not welcoming. Yeah, I mean, I mean, she's I've seen her do interviews about it. She it doesn't reach her, it doesn't penetrate her. Bubble got you, you know what I mean? She got she got so much going on. That's the Queen of Christmas, right she She treats me like j Lo, like who I don't know him? Like, what are your.
Speaker 5: Thoughts on all of this? When you hear this, Yeah, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm for the music.
Speaker 8: I mean I think if I was a dude, I might be living the same life.
Speaker 6: So it.
Speaker 8: Like and then you're talking about like they like your backbone, you depressed stuff like, that's a lot of support, that's fire, a lot of support. Right, I feel you name, But let's talk Nick.
Speaker 2: Want to get married? Do you look at you again?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I mean because last time I got I used my words incorrectly. Last time we was having conversations, i'd be forgetting the mixes on and ship and I said it was a eurocentric concept with what I really meant is the colonial aspect of marriage. It's it's a business, and I've been in that business before. I don't want to be in that business no more. It's so much paperwork. I don't want the government to be involved with my love life. I shouldn't have to have a legal document or a contractor to let someone know how much I care for them. Now. I want to be their protector and that provider. It's kind of like the child support system. If you take care of your children, there's no need for paperwork because I want I want my kids to have everything that I own I want. I don't want them to go without at all. I want them to live an abundant life. So I don't need the government to tell me the minimum that I need to pay, because I'm gonna give them the maximum. So same thing with love and marriage. If I fuck with you for life, I don't need to be binded by a contract or a ring. And therefore that's in the way those contracts are designed. That's from a Roman Catholicism approach of how we do it. There's ways to have unions and covenants and marriages through so many other philosophies in life. Specifically, you know in our African community from the diaspora, they do it differently, and you know, I'm learning and understanding those processes, but I know you go over to the continent, it ain't about contracts, it ain't about paperwork and rings. It's like, nah, this is this is my wife. This is my wife, and however that moves around. So the concept of the American society marriage, I'll never do that again. But who's to say I can't find a life partner that I'm a rock with. I'm we an old like I'm were in that state where it's like, by the time I'm in my sixties, I want to be on an island or the top of a mountain in Tibet somewhere with somebody I could rock with forever.
Speaker 5: So I'm living like Kim Lyles actually told me a long time ago. He said, I can't tell you to get married, but I can tell you should always have somebody to share your experiences with. I fuck with that heavy like that.
Speaker 3: I can see myself doing that. And then the fact that people are like, oh, aren't you worried about getting lonely, Like I got twelve kids, ain't never gonna be moving somebody coming over, like But even with that, that's scary too though, right because something where it said you spend seventy percent of all the time you're ever gonna spend with your kids between one and eighteen, And.
Speaker 5: When you think about it, that's truly true. How many times you've probably seen your parents after you get it an become an adult and you're out in the world trying to pick things out.
Speaker 3: And then even when you think about like the time that they spend at school and sports and stuff like that. There's other people with your children throughout the day more than you are. And I'm learning that too, because I'm trying to be present at all of these games, and you know, I'm picking them up from school and knowing the teachers and spending time at the recitals, and it's like, I want them to at least see my presence there because I know there's gonna be a time where I'm on a film set for two months, There's gonna be time where I'm on tour over here. So I want them to see me every free time that I can. Because when you think about the person with the average person with a nine to five from eight am to three of them, they are under the supervision of a completely different adult. And then even by the time you get get to where you tired, they tired. You might get to see your kids what from six to eight and then y'all sleep and then again like so like the average because with my with my therapist, we've done the math on it. The average time that a parent spends with their kids a day's less than three hours. And then when you think about it, like that's why weekends are so important, that's why vacations are so important because that's when they really get to know you, and that's when you really get to it's all. It's about the qualitative approach, and it's really about creating as many core memories in that amount of time that you possibly.
Speaker 5: Your therapist talks about average parent, you ain't talking about your.
Speaker 3: No because clearly, but that's what to me. I'm trying to go above and beyond when it comes to that that parenting aspect because I'm trying to create the best core memories as possible, because core memories can be in a positive light or in a negative light. So you know, I don't ever and that that's all about keeping your word. That's all about managing expectations because if I tell my kids something, I'm gonna make sure I do it. And and you know, obviously I have a strong support team that helped me accomplish a lot of that. But again, you know, is as important as it is to sit back and analyze these things through therapy. And I mean you know this very well. It's like you're constantly trying to grow. You're constantly trying to figure out how can I be a better dad? And considering the circumstance.
Speaker 2: We'll put you in therapy. Was it that dark time or a.
Speaker 3: Lot of it? I mean I started growing to therapy early on with like church, you know, and you and that that's not I don't say that's not real therapy, but that's like your entry, you know, way to be like, oh, I can sit and talk with a pastor social groups that kind of understand what we're going through. And then I start going to facilities of incarceration prisons when I was about I think it's two thousand and seven. We started doing a lot of group therapy through that process, and then I saw how these you know, young brothers and sisters were really growing, and I was like, I'm getting so much out of this and even watching this experience. And then through relationship, like I started doing that probably maybe five years after that, started working through it. And then you know, once my health really sorry, I really needed somebody to talk to because I ain't know if I was gonna be living or dying and all that stuff, and so I really really started taking a series like twenty sixteen, and I mean, I know you're a huge advocate for it. We got a new we got a new platform that we're launching at the top of the year. That's specifically about men in therapy and being vulnerable and talking about you know, these processes.
Speaker 5: But I was it like an apple or something.
Speaker 3: It's an app, but it's also it's a new sho. I'm gonna come back and talk about that one. That one too, But it's it's it's something that where it's it's something that you and I share pretty pretty deeply. But man, I'm in therapy probably I probably go four times a week. Wow, Yeah, I got one therapist I go. I see on Tuesday, what is it Tuesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays and Fridays is my my personal I'm talking and downloading in. There's you know, I do family therapy, you know where I bring my children in in certain aspects. And then even you know, there's a holistic approach. I talk to a lot of you know, Shamans and things that just getting different perspectives and you know, those conversations that you have with pastors. And then this new project that I'm talking about, it's kind of I mean, I'll kind of give you a little bit of it, but it's a it's a table, it's a setting a mend with professionals. So I have a lot of doctors and psychologists that are you know, and clinicians that are actually speaking to issues that men are doing.
Speaker 5: So I have got to let me recommend you a couple of names. Yeah, I know a couple of psychiatrists that you should definitely have on come on, man, that's absolutely yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And there's people that we all both know, like like the doctor issues of the world and things like that. So he was a part of He was the psychiatrist I used for my books exactly. So he's one of my co hosts on that show and stuff. So well, we'll bring all of that to the table. But the importance, man, that's why I applaud you. And and you know, you've kind of been living your life out loud and showing your growth and your process and with you know how important mental health is, and and you've I'm sure you've helped so many men and just people in general. Just we're all going through something. We all got challenges. And then when you can actually just be like I can't handle it today, you know what I mean, and like that those pressures and we've all actually lost people who are very quiet and then we said, Damn, I wish I would have known her. Damn I wish I could he And that's even you know, taking it back to klon Dake Blond. If you watch her episode of Future Superstars' likes, it's cute, it's fun, and you see her sitting there with you know, her her dog as she calls her son, and she's like, this is my emotional but it's legitimately her emotional support animal because of all that she's gone through in her life. And you see like, through the love of that animal, through her music, she's been able to stay alive. And it's like that process because I have had artists that I've worked with that have taken their lives and I had no idea it got to that level. I had artists that were on that point and right because someone intervened or because they actually said, oh you should check on that person. Yeah, I mean, I wasn't trying to get too deep into who the person was. But even the person that you look up to that you admire, the people's music you love, they going through it. And we got to create this community that we can be there for one another. And it's not soft to do it or it's not like, oh man, I was busy and I didn't get a chance to and then we now have this deep hurt, in this deep regret because we could have made the phone call, or we could have been a little gentler when in the process of like, damn, you really going through.
Speaker 4: It and it costs nothing to be kind to people.
Speaker 5: There it is. I saw the Maskutty Murphy too to give you some advice, did you see that?
Speaker 3: I love it. I was waiting for their advice.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, not.
Speaker 3: Eddie quick too, because he was I look up to the Eddie Murphy's, to the Bob Marley's, to the Muhammad Ali's, to all, to the Doctor Saves, to all these people who have giant families and providing for them all in all of their When you talk to anybody in Muhammad Ali's camp, anybody in the Marley family, anybody, they love their father so much and they like, man, my father was amazing like that. I hope and pray people look at me the way or my children look at me, the way that Eddie's children look at him. I hope and pray that you know the way that people admire Muhammad Ali is the father that he was like, that's hopefully you know, ten fifteen years from now, my children are saying those type of things about me.
Speaker 5: Do you do you consult with other men who have multiple kids? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not at that level. I'm not, like I said, I haven't talked to Eddie, you know what I mean, other than like him keep going, you know what I mean as it, But like I haven't. I haven't had the opportunity yet. But I you know, I've had conversations with men who have multiple children. Who's saying, like, man, I understand what you're going through. And you know there's people that have come Dick Gregory with somebody, I mean, who I believe I think he had, like I think I had nine kids and stuff, but I was able to with all his children are amazing, all you know, older than me and people that you know, I look up to. But just his process and being a father to multiple people. And then there's an areas like you know mine is like the reason why I was so shocked to me like at thirty, I didn't have no kids, you know, but now sitting here, I got twelve. So yeah yeah, so yeah, so so they happened, you know, quickly, and at the same time, it wasn't all with the same woman, so you know, it's a little unique in my setting, but trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Wow. Two more questions. What jokes do you get tired of? More jokes about your music or jokes about Mariah?
Speaker 3: I don't, honestly, only comfort those are old jokes. The new ones is like probably more. Now it's all about the kid jokes like Bill Maher and all of them on every late night show. Like it's the multiple kid jokes. So I ain't tired of those yet. But I got to keep giving my wild outcast some more material. So we got a.
Speaker 1: Producer that works here. Charlamage says he's the president of the Fat Live Matter movement. Yes, he says, out of all of the overweight media male cast members you've had on this show, who is your favorite?
Speaker 2: They gotta be fat mat fat Man, fat Man.
Speaker 3: That's I told.
Speaker 11: Him, there's a better name than big Mac.
Speaker 5: You don't want them to be fat fever.
Speaker 3: We don't. We got we got it, but and that we we gotta pay for his surgery.
Speaker 5: If you can get a week, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: But when you lose your fat, you lose your funny.
Speaker 4: Do you think so, because something like the Big.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of fat, and I'm not telling you to be to be unhealthy because you could be fat, hilarious fat.
Speaker 5: Nobody's lost as big as it used to be.
Speaker 3: All right, you want Bruce up here too. We did a movie, we did that the Holiday Movie for v H one, and he was in it. So he's still big Bruce, Bruce.
Speaker 4: It's almost like the debate with Skinny Luthor and Big Luther, like Big.
Speaker 3: I want Big. I want Big Mac to be as healthy as as possibly count and we get him in the gym and all that stuff, but we don't want him to be skinny Matt.
Speaker 7: But he came in with a sprite zero yesterday so.
Speaker 2: That the morning.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make sure Max stays healthy. We got a new he got a show that and stuff that we're working on to specifically in that space, and.
Speaker 5: We want him to be here to do the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yes, because you don't see no old big people.
Speaker 5: No. Eventually it all catches up. Absolutely, that's right.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you for joining us. Nick Cannon and Klondyke.
Speaker 5: Blonde Clondyke Blonde next door, Like what is it project dropping, Like what is it?
Speaker 8: We are working on a lot of records right now within the punk rock rap little genre.
Speaker 3: She and that vibe, that that little uzzy, that juice world that she's like that whole festival vibe. So she you know, you're gonna see her do a lot a lot of shows and like, yeah, she got the tatted Up record out right now, that's streaming going crazy. You know, the tattoo world is a real world that she's embraced and living and like her punk rock rap music is gonna is gonna go up. So she's one of those artists that stream. Like again, I was one of the issue why I created Like you heard the song, you heard the song on TikTok and you know it, but you never see the person. Now we're gonna turn her into the superstar that she needs to be and you know, allow her fans to kind of touch her in the way that you know, hopefully we take it to that.
Speaker 5: Level with one incredible I know, just Valentine.
Speaker 3: Hitman holler, yeah, those are I mean, there's a plethora of acts that we're working with. And again I don't like to be like, oh you're signed to incredible, but these are the people from the artists that you see on you know, even people like DC. Young Fly is amazing artist. It's just that we gotta line it up for when it's time to focus on his music because he's doing so many other things. So the artists that we're focusing on at the moment is Klondyke, hit Man, and Justine are the ones that you're gonna see in the like within the next sixty days dropping And you know, we got a lot of Season two of Future Superstars is gonna be a whole nother run.
Speaker 4: He's until you got to come to Charleston.
Speaker 3: We do have some talent onred percent. I meant you.
Speaker 4: Can hear some awesome things.
Speaker 3: You know, we we we all care Liner right here, Carolina squad over here. I'm gonna be there tomorrow. My grandmother just turned hunting at four. Yeah, shouts out to Kareem Cannon. Happy birthday. So while I'm spending on my great grand absolutely in Annapolis, North Carolina, Connapolis, what's that next to Concord, Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well it's the Breakfast Club. Is Nick Cannon, Klonbag Blinde. Thank y'all, let's
Speaker 3: Come y'all wake that ass up in the morning breakfast club