Speaker 1: What's that bad? It's spooky? Hey jooky.
Speaker 2: I'm really sure it's sad. It's coming to this way.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Hey, ghost.
Speaker 2: I nandas pe. Hey boo oh, it's me Roz. Welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the para Normal. This is one of those episodes where I'm like, you know what, don't let me talk your ear off. I'm going to make it brief up here at the top because we got a lot of show coming at you. I got to talk to my girlfriend, Laguna Blue, who is just the most incredible old drag performer, one of the best singers out there, like truly, such an incredible singer, such an incredible performer. She's funny, she's gorgeous. I hate her. She's based in New York City, but she travels and she has a new album. She'll tell you about that. So look her up, check her out, go see her live. You will not regret it. So here's my conversation about the Paranormal with Laguna Blue and with the show Oh my God. I am joined by Larna de la Si renas Laguna Blue.
Speaker 1: Hi, I laa thank you for having me. I love you. I love you too. Ah.
Speaker 3: The universe brought us together.
Speaker 1: I love it well.
Speaker 2: You and I have done some cruises together. We have we've entertained the homosexual community around the world. And what I was thinking, there was a night where you and I were chatting and you, I don't know if you even remember this, but you believe you saw a UFO I did. We were in I think it was Mexico, yes, and we were sitting outside and then you were like, what is that? And then you like got up and you were like staring off.
Speaker 1: And yes, it was a light in the sky. We were sitting like on a Yeah, I don't know. We were on a deck, a deck, thank you. Yes, not a dick, but a deck.
Speaker 2: We were on a deck.
Speaker 1: And not to be confused with the Dick deck, but yes, we were on a deck and you we were conversing, spilling mad tea to each other about certain things. You literally were like I remember this. You were like, so who do you hate? Tell me everyone you hate. I want to know all the gossip. And I was like, oh my god, so of course, I, you know, brought out the burn book and started telling you and in the middle of it, I'm looking on the sky and this little little flash, this little light, this little like it like just flew across the sky. It was bright, and it was like yeah, and I was like, oh my god, okay, maybe shooting star, but it was so bright. I got up right and I immediately was like, was that a UFO? Yes?
Speaker 2: You got up and you were like and I was like, I want to see it, right, I could talk about it on the podcast, but it was gone.
Speaker 1: Right And then we came back to the conversation and did it not pass again? And I was like, you had to have seen that, and you were like, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what, I never saw it.
Speaker 1: I think I saw it three times, I think like twice back to back in once more and you never saw it. And so I felt a little crazy. But Alien's definitely exists.
Speaker 2: You know, they w that was a Mexican UFO.
Speaker 1: Absolutely totally speak of. Which have you seen a eight body problem or not?
Speaker 3: Eight body?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Three three body problem?
Speaker 2: Three body problem.
Speaker 1: It's a sci fi show on Netflix about oh and it's ooky, spooky but also not but also crazy and also it's like a different angle that I've never seen with an alien. I won't give the I won't give the what happens away, but it's a different angle that I've never seen on aliens. So it's interesting to see how communities react to alien invasion.
Speaker 2: I am not scared of aliens one bit. Why I say take me, Why because I want to go up there. I think that they will find me very unique and interesting. I have a feeling that I will go up there and I will be the only ghost hunting, transgender comedian in the entire galaxy, and they will be obsessed with me. I'll be very famous. I think I'll get all the respect yeah never got on this planet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'll be.
Speaker 2: The most famous trans person on the entire planet.
Speaker 1: I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Watch I go up there and Laverne Cox also gets taken up there, and I'm like, damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking. I was like, can you imagine they zoom me up and I'm the only mermaid pop star?
Speaker 3: But I don't know, it's the universe.
Speaker 1: I bet watch them just be mermaids up there already, you know what I mean, half fish already.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I get up there and they're like, ah.
Speaker 2: My actual real life nightmare happened that exact same night. I think it was that same night. You and I were sitting outside talking. You start talking shit about people.
Speaker 1: You know that only because you asked not listen. Let me let me just say this. Someone went this very clear, I want to lean into the microphone. You asked, inherently, inherently lying in the right word, incessantly. You begged me for this tea bitch. You literally were like, come on, I want to know.
Speaker 2: We were on a boat for a week. I needed some guff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so you.
Speaker 2: Start naming names and then this guy comes out and sits by us. Yes, he comes out, and he sits by us and starts smoking, and he's like, oh, do you mind if I'm like right here, and we're like, no, it's fine. Now. I thought you would have maybe toned it down a little bit, but instead you continue to just name names. And then this guy goes, oh, I'm so sorry. First of all, I know exactly who you're talking about, and I work for I will I'll leave out a redact of the name, but a very big news media source.
Speaker 1: Truly, I was terrified. I immediately was like, what in the all that jazz shit. Is this? Like? Am I in Chicago a rappotter? I'm here, Tim of the tea. Oh, I actually know what you're talking about, and I'm a rapp potter. I was like, what the hell is this not on a gay cruise? I was like, isn't there like people are literally getting fucked like four floors up from here and you're over here.
Speaker 3: It was terrifying a horror story in real life.
Speaker 2: I never saw any articles written about it. So I think we're fine.
Speaker 1: I think we're safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about ghost kind of supernatural stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, do you believe? Of course I believe. I was gonna ask you what what? Like? What what made you so fascinated?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like? What what's got you hooked about horror? Well, because I know you asked me a question, but I'm just curious, so I want, like, what what has you so fascinated with all things uky spooky?
Speaker 2: I think horror and the paranormal. I think they can overlap, but I don't think it's always one and the same. No, no, no, I think ultimately when it comes to like the paranormal, I've realized that I think I'm just I've always been very ungrateful my whole life or something where I'm just like, come on, there's gotta be more. This is it? This is it? Really right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah I feel this. I feel the same way. I mean, I guess I feel the same way, but on the opposite. So like in my my uki spooky life, I grew up in the Evangelical Christian church. You yes, girl, like yeah, like come on, come here, brother David, and we're gonna sing to the Lord for an hour and then we're pastor so and so is going to give an hour long sermon, and yes, and then and then like my family was very involved and we went all the time. But my my, my, my mom and my grandmother, they they believed in and participated in spiritual warfare in my house. And so I would never by that, well at least from what I from what I grew up learning. You know, there are two there are multiple dimensions, right, So this is and this is what I grew up on.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up on a very literal, you know, graphic.
Speaker 1: You know sense of what reality was, you know, the Christian experience, I'll say. And so yeah, my parents, you know, taught us that there were multiple dimensions in that spirits and ghosts and demons, and they're all real. And so that's why I think why I loved Horror so much is because we weren't really allowed to watch it because my mom was like that, oh that that is the way. That is the way doing by demons in my house. They you can't watch that movie, no, you know. But it was interesting because she participated in spiritual warfare, which means my mom and my grandmother would cast spirits out of people and demons out of people. People come and be like, I believe I have a spirit that is affecting me and torturing me. I believe that I have a spirit of rejection, or I have a spirit of you know, alcoholism, a spirit of less the spirit whatever. They would come, you know, because my parents, like were big leaders in the church. Your face right now, you're so gacked.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that your mom was an exorcist.
Speaker 1: She wasn't like an exorcist, but she would just like pray over people and like that. Because that's the thing ask Christians, you have we have the power, our words have power. And when you when you're a Christian and you have you you know, you have the power of God, and wow, this is got I mean, but this is I'm sorry, my brain has come faster than my mouth.
Speaker 3: But yeah.
Speaker 1: So like because you're a Christian and then you pray, you can have you have his power. Anyone can do it. Anyone can cast using the name of Jesus Christ. So my mom, I remember this one, the one ooky, spooky, like the thing.
Speaker 3: That really got me.
Speaker 1: I was like maybe like thirteen or fourteen years old, and this was when I was like, wow, this ship is definitely real.
Speaker 3: I remember my mom.
Speaker 1: Was like, Okay, we are going to have a lady come over and we are going to cast the demon out of hers on you YouTube upstairs and watch a movie and don't come downstairs until I tell you. And I was like okay. And so I don't know. We put on like the Ampers New Groove two or something, I don't know. So I'm like awful Disney spent off and I'm like, okay, work, I'm like watching Koo's Go and Cronk like whatever. And then the lady leaves, my mom prays over the house and we go to bed like nothing whatever. So then that night. I have a dream that I was like I couldn't sleep in my room. I wanted to go sleep in the car. Like I was like, I have to, I have to go outside to the car. So in my dream, I like go downstairs and into the room, into the kitchen, out of the house and to the car. And I opened the car and I'm like, oh wow, there's no pillow and blanket. I need a pillow and blanket. So in my dream, I get out of the car and I like go to the door and I wake up and I'm outside. I'm outside in the dark of my house on the back door, next to the car. And I was like what so And I was fourteen, so I was like terrorf eyed, terrified. So I'm just like knocking on the door. My parents wake up, the lights come on. Everyone's freaking out. I'm just like crying. I'm like I don't know I was, you know.
Speaker 3: Then we go upstairs.
Speaker 1: My brother he's three years younger than me, so he's like eleven at the time, and we shared a room at the time. We like go into my room and my brother is like up in bed crying and he had like totally wet the bed and both of those experiences had like never happened, like he'd never really done he'd never done that before, and I had never slept walk before and it oo. My mom was gagged and spooted and we were all like, oh my God, and my mom, I think for the rest of the night, like spent the night praying over the house and then the next day would they like bless the house and all its crazy shit. That was a moment for me when I was like, that is not that. It cannot be a coincidence. My mom can't be like, oh, yeah, we're gonna cast it. We're gonna cast the demon out, and then all of a sudden we both have these like crazy, out of body wild experiences on the same night. That was a moment for me of like real, I was a very genuine fear just waking up, waking up in a different place than you fall asleep is wild.
Speaker 2: That is scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was wooky, spooky, and just beyond that, Like my family has always been very spiritual, and they're always like being like, oh I had a vision or oh I saw your mom or have an aunt that's like, oh my god, please be safe on this day because I just had a vision and I'm like, oh, okay, so I just definitely think that there is more than us in the world.
Speaker 2: I feel like your mom maybe she forgot to open the windows or something that day and the demon came out of the lady. But then the demon was like, damn it, I don't know where. I can't go anywhere. I gotta get into these boys.
Speaker 1: Well, the crazy thing is is that, I mean, technically, that's what demons want. They don't want to go back to hell. This is what I was taught. They don't just leave, They stick around. I mean, that's why I think I was so genuinely horrified by like paranormal And that's why I think it's like one of my favorite type of horror that scares me is because the things that it's based on is based on like very real religious things like, oh, demons stick around and they and they latch from people to people and they like I mean, I've been taught that since I was like eight.
Speaker 2: That sounds like me in my early twenties. I was such a nightmare back when I used to drink and stuff and I where I lived with these people. I never wanted to go home and I feel like I would just latch to person to person and just do whatever I could to not ever have to go home. And it's like, girl, go home, Oh my god, it's time to go home.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. My mom would always say, Niva, oh wish they go. Welcome David Evan Ghost. Love to fucking do that. They love to do that, They love to stick around.
Speaker 2: They really do. It's like move on, girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like let go, Mama, Like I'm over it, get out of here. It's been seventy four years, Mama, it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's not happening. Are you still religious in this way?
Speaker 1: No, I'm very spiritual. I'm a very spiritual person. I like to believe, I believe, not like to. I believe that there is definitely beyond us. There's definitely things we can't explain. But I just also think that, you know, yeah, I don't know. I just think that organized religion has affected my life so negatively that I have a distaste for it. But I believe everyone should just be able to do their own thing and like believe in love who they want and that it should lead with love. But me, I'm like, nah, I'm just spiritual. I'm like, woohoo, now you know what I mean. I believe in the universe and vibes and spirits and messages is signs.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can relate to this, but for me, like hearing these kinds of stories, or if I watch a horror movie that is like demons and Jesus and all of that, I'm like, that's real. It's one hundred percent real. Yeah, that's the stuff that gets under my skin, SAMs. I think it's so deep in me from such a young age that and I don't know if it is real or not.
Speaker 3: Maybe it is, but I agree one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Like now as a you know, as an adult, and as someone who's grown past that, there are still parts of me that are like, wow, but is it? Is it real? I don't know. There's a devil'll have to get you a little. I don't know. And I'm like, oh my god, because I'm still afraid of the dark. I'm thirty two years old and I cannot walk through my house in the dark. Yeah, I do that thing where you're home alone you have to like run through the house and you're like hitting lights and acting like something's chasing you, and you running your room and shut the door. That is fully me.
Speaker 2: Well, I have spent so much time studying this stuff. I truly feel like I don't know what I believe, and I'm constantly forming different opinions or whatever. But the one thing that I feel very convinced about is that good overcomes bad like always. I think with living people, I think, with the spiritual realm, whatever. And I've talked about this many times because for a long time I was trying to figure out why is it that you can use prayer to get rid of demons, but you can also use sage. And I think it's whatever you believe that is good and can overcome the bad is stronger than whatever the bad is.
Speaker 1: That's what I think, right, I mean, I think that's like in general lightness. Yeah, exactly what you mentioned, that light always overcomes darkness. I don't know why why this. I immediately thought of Harry Potter. I just immediately thought of like Voldemort and Harry just going at it and him being like and he's still surviving at the idion, I mean, like, but yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Speaking of horror.
Speaker 1: JK Rowling, Oh God, I can't believe I mentioned that, actually now I mentioned that for the comedy of that awful, terrible laugh. But that's the worst thing that I could bring on that.
Speaker 2: No, it's good, No, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Laguna.
Speaker 2: People like the books and the movies. They don't like her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck her. She's a piece of shit. And she's doubling down too. She's like really like not gonna change her stance, er even try to grow, like.
Speaker 2: Talk about like what you were saying with demons, like, girl, get over it, go back to your castle, girl, truly like move on. Do you believe that mermaids are real?
Speaker 1: You know I do? And I think they're octopuses?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I have two answers. One obviously they're real, Like look at me, I'm sitting here talking to you. I just wrote an album that's all sing.
Speaker 3: Songy in.
Speaker 2: Plug it.
Speaker 1: Yes, my debut studio album, Underwater Bubble Pop, and literally the opening lyrics for the title track is say you have a sea horse, ride a mermaid sirs on l a that liquid bring.
Speaker 2: We don't know the rights to that song. We can't play it.
Speaker 1: Yes you can, you have the artist permission anyway, But yes, mermaids definitely exist, I think spiritually. I think there's so much siren folklore, like throughout time and in all cultures there's there is lore of mermaids or more people or fish people, you know, in all lores. I don't think that's a coincidence. But also I think octopuses are mermaids. They used to think that they were aliens, but now I've realized, or this is what I've learned, all animals on Earth have like come from like one ancestor, right, and octopuses, OCTOPI, I should say, are like one of the only sea creatures that have like are from the same family tree, and they're like smart, and they can build relationships and they feel love, they have emotions, like they're very very intelligent sea creatures.
Speaker 2: And they can also like change colors and fit into tiny little holes.
Speaker 1: Yes, honey, and they have those yeah, the little suckers. So yeah, they're fascinating to me. I've always been fascinated with mermaids.
Speaker 2: So you think you're fish?
Speaker 1: Oh so fish? Can Can we say that anymore? I do?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You could say it. I listen.
Speaker 3: I love to say it because it's part of the brand.
Speaker 1: Baby. Yeah. When I first started doing dry us to be like I'm the good of blue and I'm the finest, freshest and the fishiest dracuad in New York City. Oh my god, but not anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I recently found myself on TikTok. I don't look at TikTok a whole lot, but like I opened it up and it was some man showing a video of like this is a real mermaid got on camera. Oh yeah, and he was very serious about it. And I watched it and sure, why not?
Speaker 1: I think I know exactly what video talking about. And I'm like, they sell that tail on Amazon, Babe. I was like, what, mama, Like this is this is at a pool in Disneyland, Babe, Like.
Speaker 2: What you know what I am obsessed with?
Speaker 3: Tell me.
Speaker 2: There's a show on Netflix called myrr People, produced by the same people that did the TV show I'm on, Yes, and it's really good.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. I thought, I love Mermaids. I'm like, wow, my people.
Speaker 2: There's a part where this girl is doing a birthday party in a backyard and her tail breaks uh huh, and she has to like figure out how to get a new tail sent over before she and everyone's like waiting for her, and I'm like, that was my drag queen life, like being at some kind of birthday party and being in a bathroom or a bedroom or something and trying to change it to things and hoping that nothing breaks. The zipper breaks.
Speaker 1: There you go. I mean, mermaid is drag. You're putting on this other character. And I love that it has a word and everything like mermaiding, like it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Here's a question. I've said this before. It always causes controversy, and I just want to make it clear what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Tell me, tell me controversy.
Speaker 2: It's not that I don't think that there's ghosts in New York City. I know that there are. It's just my guests, many of which are by coastal, spent a lot of time in New York. I'm like never hearing ghost stories. I mean I do every once in a while, but like not enough. Compare it to like La ghost stories. What is up with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would literally was actually thinking the same thing. I've never heard of Wouki spooky stuff.
Speaker 2: Really, you don't know anybody that lives in a haunted apartment or these clubs you work at or theaters or no.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I've definitely felt bad vibes in like spaces for sure.
Speaker 2: In a gay bar, yeah, I mean that side eyes, Yeah, a little bit of side eyes sent your way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. But I think even beyond that, like there are a few businesses that are no longer open that just had like not great pass like they've had like like people just like shady business or like failed businesses or like in the same spot. And I think that's definitely some some vibes shit going on totally. But yeah, I guess I've never really I've made it's because we're also fucking tired here in New York, and like I feel like once people are done their days in New York, they're out, you know, they're like I'm done, like I survived, Like I don't know. It's also so crowded, Like where the fuck way is the ghosts our ghosts riding subways and fucking like riding elevators with fucking eighteen hundred people in a twenty two floor building. I don't know, there's like no room for them, and they're technically invisible, so like you know, they're probably just like notice me Horton.
Speaker 2: You are in New York City right at this very minute, and you were in your apartment and there's not a ton of people around you, but there's no ghosts.
Speaker 1: I love to believe that there's nothing with me in my houses, at least that's what I love to believe.
Speaker 2: One of those wig heads behind you just turned.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine they're just like.
Speaker 2: Slowly?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine they don't have eyes, but their eyes just like open you And then all of a sudden, the screen's like and the screen goes away, and then you're like Laguna Laguna local drug weed found dead in her board now I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: In a horrible wig head accident. Before we get into the next part, do you have any other stories you'd like to.
Speaker 1: Share Around the time my mom passed, There were definitely lots of like feelings and sensations and presences that we all felt. And it was really interesting. It was like right before she passed, the room was like freezing. It was crazy. It was like we were all there with her. My mom passed up cancer in twenty fourteen, and we were all there and the room got so cold and my mom.
Speaker 3: Was like looking at something. Oh, wow, And when she left.
Speaker 1: It went away. It was but after that it was also like it went away, but there was like peace. It was like very interesting. It wasn't like obviously was heartbreaking obviously and traumatic, but also there was like this like I don't know, like a like a breath. What's crazy is that, Like my sister is raising her family in the house that we grew up in, and so after both of my parents left, it was really interesting because my sister is very religious and she had someone pray over the house and my aunt literally was like, there's someone in your room. And Grace was like, oh my god. She was like, that's so crazy. I hate that room.
Speaker 3: And she was like, yep, there's someone in there. There's someone in your room.
Speaker 1: And so they like prayed and blessed the house and my sister hasn't felt him since. But it was really interesting because like all my life, I've experienced things like that, like little like just like presences, feelings, And I guess because I grew up in such a religious and spiritual house, it's not abnormal to me. It seems daily life.
Speaker 2: Now. It is their belief because I've heard from some evangelical people that like they believe that there's the Holy Spirit and then all those other ones are like bad, anything else is better.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is something they believe. They believe that, or at least I was raisist too, Like if anything is talking to you and saying that it's something, it's not that right. The Holy Spirit is like your protector against the thousands and millions of spirits that are out there, because like there are forces that we can't see that are always around us, and there are multiple dimensions and multiple you know, ooki spookies. Because there's a big belief that like people, we don't come back to like bring messages, which I think is I don't. I don't think that's true because there have been moments where I have felt my mom or I have like gotten a sign, or like there'll be times when like her favorite song plays on the radio and I was just thinking about her.
Speaker 3: I'll be like ugh, you know, like things like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, apparently, if in the spiritual realm, if anything tries to talk to you and says hi, I'm this, that's not true. It's a demon trying to.
Speaker 2: Get you, right, yeah, which I don't believe.
Speaker 1: In the thought is like why why would it want to do anything to you. The other thought too, is that like they want to be in our dimension and they can't unless we invite them. Okay, so they lie and be like, hey, I'm this That's a typical thing you see in horror movies when a demon like the conjuring, you know how the conjuring too, And she's like pretending to be the old man, but he's actually not, like he's pretending to be another spirit. He's like, oh, I'm just this old thing, but he's actually like you know, yeah, So yeah, this shit is real to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: See, I was on a cruise one time. I met this beautiful woman and I was like, Wow, what a beautiful woman. And then as I got to know her more, I realized it was not a woman, it was you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: So you were saying that your aunt has like visions, like premonition kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super pemanitions.
Speaker 2: What's that all about.
Speaker 1: She married my uncle like in two thousand, So she hasn't been in my life as long as the rest of my family, but she's been super impactful For as long as we've known her. She's always been just a little touched and she'll see things and she'll dream things, and a lot of the things that she dreams of end up being signs and shit. She dreamed about my dad passing the night he did. She had a vision that my dad and my mom were together, because my mom passed in twenty fourteen and my dad was killed in a car accident in twenty twenty two. And she called my sister and she was like, I just had a vision about your dad. She was like, I just have to share this with you, Like, I just had a dream that your mom and your dad are together, and your dad was crying in her lap, and your mom was in this beautiful gown and he was like crying in her lap, and she said, no, it's okay, it's okay. I'm here with you. It's okay. And that night, my sister gets a call from the police station that my dad had been in an accident. And what's also crazy is that that night that it happened, I had a dream that me and my siblings were in our family house and we were like searching the place. We were like tearing the place apart, and there were boxes everywhere and we were like where we were looking for something and we couldn't find it, and there was this really ugly cat. I can don't know why it was this hideous fucking cat that was there. Oh, but like we were together, just the three of us in our house alone looking for something, and we couldn't find it. And I woke up to my sister telling me, And I've had many experiences of that nature of like within my family. A few weeks after my mom passed, that same aunt literally was like she let us know. She was like, oh, your mom is here right now. She was like, she just walked into the bedroom and she she's here with us right now. She's like I just saw her. WHOA, It's been wild. I also think some time too, not to change the subject, but in lieu of that, have you ever thought of, like when you forget something, like when you're running late and you're like you have to run back to your house because you forgot your phone or or whatever. Do you ever think that that is like somebody keeping you safe or like a little intentional or like a little sign for the universe totally right? For example, like my AirPods got stolen today, like off my head, like totally off my head. I was at my door. I was like right before this, and I was like opening my door to my to my building, and my AirPods just getoo like lifted off my head grabbed by the band and I'm like thinking it's a friend. Turn around. I'm like, oh my god, chase this guy. He's like no. He was like these are mine, Now, do you have money? I was like no, whatever, stop. Yeah. He took them from me, ran from me.
Speaker 3: I chased them. He threatened to hit me.
Speaker 1: And I've already been punched in New York City once, so I'm not gonna get punched over a pair of headphones.
Speaker 2: So I was like and he was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, told me to fuck off, and like literally was like run alley and I was like, I'm not about to chase this dude for airport.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There was this immediate piece for me, though. I was like immediately surrendered. I was like, okay, Universe. I was like, that's what I mean being spiritual. I'm like okay. I was like, I'm not going to let this room my day.
Speaker 3: There's nothing i can do about this right now.
Speaker 1: But like you know, things like that where I'm just kind of like okay, all right, I guess it's part of a bigger plan, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all into that. I'm into synchronicities.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to read into a lot of things and be like, I think that that happens, so that this could happen, and like try to connect the dots and totally I don't know. I'm into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you some research that I found?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, please, Okay, it's kind of a quick one, but I found it interesting and I wanted to share it with somebody. So this is a real pultruist case and it happened in twenty sixteen in ruther Glenn, South Lanarkshire, Lanarkshire.
Speaker 2: Scotland, Scotland. Okay, you ever performed there?
Speaker 1: No, but one of my.
Speaker 3: Best friends is from there. Rose is from Scotland.
Speaker 1: Rose.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we should figure out if she was in twenty sixteen. If she was there, because they have not.
Speaker 3: Solved the case, maybe she was the ghost.
Speaker 2: They have not figured out exactly what has happened here.
Speaker 1: We'll tell me what happened.
Speaker 2: So most of this research is just from a couple of articles that were published at the time of this reporting. It as a news story in twenty sixteen on the Daily Record, this woman named Catherine Schrenan calls the police in a panic because she's got a poulter geist.
Speaker 3: What is a pultergeist?
Speaker 2: Okay, so poultry guyst it means a noisy ghost.
Speaker 1: And that's what that means, literally, noisy ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It usually isn't like seeing apparitions like you know, seeing a ghost walking around. It's usually referring to a ghost throw and shit, lots of throw and shit, okay, lots of noise and drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes his presence very known by the physical.
Speaker 2: Like you like when you walk into a room, you say, that's a presence, honey, and very noisy.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, So they find this poulter geist.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the leading theories with poultry guys is that it's usually centered around one person's energy. Like there it's actually coming off of a living human. A lot of times there is a teenager in the house when there is a poultry geist, but not always. I also think that like a ghost or entity of some sort can have poulter Geist attributes. Okay, but anyway, basically, this woman, poor Catherine Shrinan, she has got shit flying around in her home and it's getting violent. And she said it had been going on for two days straight in her ground floor home in a subdivided house. So it's her and her teen son and their pet chihuahua and they are distressed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how do.
Speaker 2: You feel about chihuahuas. I find them to be polarizing.
Speaker 3: They are very polarizing.
Speaker 1: I like it if it likes me, but rarely to chiuaa is like me, because chihuaha is like their owner. So that's why they get such a bad brath. I feel like, if you have one, everyone's say you meet up, and if you don't have one, or your friend has one, you're like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But that's where, especially if I'm like gonna be in Scotland or something and there's a Chihuahua, I'm like, come on, can't there be like a little bit of like Mexican pride here? Like you know what I mean? These little Mexican dogs, Like can't we Oh my god, don't we see each other? We're somehow we're cousins, I think. Anyway, So the police who she's called are like, Okay, this is probably some mental health situation. This woman's saying that things are getting flown around in her house, like whatever, we'll come over. They go over there, and they in fact witness clothes flying in the air. The lights are going on and off, the lamp shades are upside down, the oven door is opening and closing, and the chihuahua who was playing in the garden was in a seven foot tall hedge. The poultry guys through the chihuahua, not the chihuahua.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing where I'm like, how do they pick shit up? That must be a fucking hulk in polker guys, because I feel like ghosts can't usually touch it, right, Yeah, that's shit. It's the minic. That's a demon. Baby.
Speaker 2: I wish I had one that I could tame, and I could have them, you know, move things for me, heavy furniture, you know, just do things for me, run errands for me. I don't know if you if you have that ability, don't just be throwing it right. I can see where it would be very annoying to deal with this and dangerous whatever, But I feel like if you could just wait it out and train the poultry guist right, honestly, you could take over the world.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, if you got that little chihuahua to like you, I'm sure you can get this fucking spiritual being to agree with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like it's gonna be that hard.
Speaker 2: So these police they're like, I don't know what. They didn't have this in the police academy. Okay, I don't know what I'm supposed to do when the oven doors are opening and closing on their own. So they call their superiors and they're like, what this is like real, this lady's really got a poultry. Guys throwing chihuahuas and shit. Yeah, So the police call a priest work. They're like, I guess we'll have the Catholic church deal with this. I don't know work. And this woman and her son and I believe the chihuahua are all Catholics. And the priest comes over and blesses the house.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The cops are like, uh, I guess you guys should leave, like I don't know know. They move out and they go to a relative's house nearby. Nobody was hurt. This whole thing was just two days. Well, I think it was a couple because it also said that the police came for two days as well, so maybe it was four days or so. And Catherine later told the press that it has been very stressful and that teenagers keep going by her house singing the Ghostbusters theme song.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no way.
Speaker 2: And neighbors were interviewed and they said they've never seen a ghost and one neighbors said that they were actually enjoying people honking and singing the Ghostbuster song. And this neighbor the quote is bit of excitement for a change. So that's pretty much the full story. It was just a quick, little quickie Poulter geist in and out, in and out. Nobody was hurt, the chihuahua was fine.
Speaker 3: But two night stand, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was like one of those hookups. It just lasts a couple of days sometimes and then it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That is fascinating.
Speaker 2: So does your mind go to demon?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean again, I just feel like, why would it make its present so known, you know, unless it's some like crazy scientific explanation. You know, maybe like she's sitting on a magnetic vortex. That's the thing too, like gravitational and magnetic and all like right, right, that sounds like a demon to me, I'm sounds like a demon, like you uproot me out of my house and making noise for four days. Absolutely not. I just had somebody stay with me for three days and I was like on day two I was like, get the.
Speaker 2: Bro So yeah, totally yeah. I think that if you go with the leading theory of the teenager, probably the teenager something that the teenager can't control, and it's just like hormones and whatever is like causing this. I don't know. That's it's more than a coincidence that there's always teenagers involved in these things. I agree, And I would be so curious to know because it seems like the woman and was like, no more press we just want to live our lives. This is like we don't want to hear the Ghostbusters song one more time.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It would be so interesting to know if when they moved to their relative's house, if it still was happening, if it came with them, right.
Speaker 1: I was like when you said that, I was immediately I was like, Okay, well did that did it follow them? Did it like show up at the Rotters house too?
Speaker 2: But she was like, no more questions, So who knows. That's that's what I would guess happened. I think it probably wasn't even anything to do with the house. But anyway, Hey, can I show you a haunted eBay doll?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I've been waiting.
Speaker 2: It's time for a segment I call the dolls are living? Okay, So what I do? I go to eBay dot com. I type in the words haunted doll, and there's thousands of them. It's a full industry, and I am only contributing to making it more popular. You know, it's up for anyone to decide if they think it's real or not. Listen, I'm somebody that's not great with money. I have bought a lot of dumb shit, so I'm not judging anyone that wants to, you know, buy one of these. But here's one that's not too expensive compared to some I've seen. This one is twenty eight dollars. I would like you to meet Martha.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Hello Martha, Oh my god? Why is she making that? She looks like she's on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's definitely playing the roles.
Speaker 1: She's Jesus Christ. I wonder if she started out as a baby doll, and once the demon entered her she went she turned into this. Yeah she got stuck or you know, maybe the demon is like breathing so hard that it just sucked her face.
Speaker 2: And yeah, a demon will age it. So she is an elderly woman doll clearly, and she has on like kind of like a whole dress. Does not look comfortable at all. Also, for some reason, she has like white flakes on her dress, which is very relatable to me as a sufferer of dandriff. She did the effort of drawing on some eyebrows and a bottom lip and some blush, which I think is lovely, and some eyeliner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little.
Speaker 2: But we can't ignore that she has her mouth open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks you know those videos on Twitter where I've seen people do that with other parts of their bodies. Let's just say that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been on a few cruises, all right, It's.
Speaker 2: Got a very open kind of a mouth. If you want to see what we're talking about, go to ghosted by ros on Instagram under the dab dolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you zoom in just on the mouth, the word that comes to mind is rose.
Speaker 2: So yes, it's very rosy. It's a gaping mouth.
Speaker 1: I would say, correct, a gaping, puckered mouth. And also it looks like instead of covering her eyebrows, she shaved her eyebrows off and she instead has oatmeal underbags under her eyes.
Speaker 2: Which is interesting. Yeah, I wonder what's going on underneath the eyes, because she does. She's got some Ikea bags.
Speaker 1: Under there and honestly a hard front in this dand age.
Speaker 2: Wow, she does have a hard front. Wig not to come for her listen, I'm sorry, but h yeah, here's the best part. They come with biographies.
Speaker 1: Please, I'm dying to know where she was made and born and bred.
Speaker 2: Okay, it says here. Here we have miss Martha aka Messi Martha. The nickname will become quite clear the further along you read.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Martha was.
Speaker 2: An amazing woman for the most part, other than being a little messy sometimes. She died an elderly lady in the nineteen sixties. I am not sure where she lived or how she died. It's almost as if she's uncomfortable speaking on it. I gather she does not like to dwell on sad times and prefers to keep the conversation light and fun. To say that she was a hoot would be an understatement. She was the center of drama, starting in her family, workplaces, and even in her friend's lives. She loves to gossip and spread rumors. Many people did not like her for this reason, which is understandable. But aside from loving drama, she also was a very sweet person. All the same time, people could not stay mad at Martha because she's just so funny. After all, in her mind, she was just having fun by stirring the pot, not to intentionally hurt anyone. See this is me on the deck on the cruise being like, tell me who you hate.
Speaker 1: Literally, I knew this all reminded me of someone I just cutting put my finger on it.
Speaker 2: Martha has been known to hide things from me in my home, so keep a watchful eye on your belongings. She had children and grandchildren. She was a wonderful cook. Let's see here, she loves animals. I'm just trying to see some more ghosty stuff about her.
Speaker 1: Well, wait, so this this seller knows all of this just from having the doll.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they've done some sessions together, got it with different communication devices with ghosts, and that's how she's gathered some of the backstory. Wow, but it says on the night I purchased the doll, my kitchen smelled like someone was baking cookies. I immediately did an EVP session. It said my name is Martha and that it likes to talk shit, is what the ghost says.
Speaker 3: So well, listen, you've got a great career ahead, have you.
Speaker 2: Don't you know what? I would love for her to help me write my act. And I don't know I actually like her. It's funny because when I first read messy Martha, I thought that meant like she causes like shit all over your house, But like, no, she's just like messy drama.
Speaker 1: Like she's literally, oh my gosh, key matchen just like but now there's like a spirit of like slander in your home. Sorry, I'm looking at it from like evangelical right. My mom would be like, no, now that is a spirit of a drama. That is the spirit of lice of this is no, No, this is a spirit get us. She'd be like, you know what I mean? Can matching people coming out your home and all of a sudden they just like have the urge to just like fucking talk match it.
Speaker 2: I live for the drama. I'm fine with.
Speaker 1: The I love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I put you some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Please? I would love It's time for.
Speaker 2: EVP or e TV please. Okay, so EVP Electronic Voice Phenomenal. What happens is ghost hunters believe they've captured a ghost speaking in a haunted location. They PLoP it up on YouTube and I'm going to play two of them for you, and I want you to tell me what you hear, and I'll give you an ABCD option, one of them being what the person that posts it believe the ghost is saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, great.
Speaker 2: So this first one is from Okay p r I on YouTube, which stands for Oklahoma Paranormal Investigators in Research.
Speaker 1: Ooh, so ficial.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly what this location is, but they just it just says turret house, which I don't know. I tried to look into and it was hard to find. If that is an actual place or if it is a house with turrets, I don't know. But either way, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 3: Way again?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Could you hear it?
Speaker 1: I heard I heard help me this is burning, That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Help me, this is burning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So basically, you know me at my monthly check up.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Crazy? Help me, this is burning.
Speaker 1: I want to hear one more time, though, can I okay? Okay, honestly, do you hear that?
Speaker 2: Totally? Well, it's definitely something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, help me, I hear help me for sure?
Speaker 2: Oklahoma paranormal investigators and research did not believe that that is what it says. Help me, this is burning. So here's ABC D. Which one of these did they believe it was? Was it A I hate you?
Speaker 1: Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Is it B? I hate you? You're so good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Is it C?
Speaker 1: Hey you?
Speaker 2: Is it for good? Or D? Hey you? Are you fergie? You know, like when you see a lady and you're like, is that that lady looks very fur delicious? Is that fergie? Okay? It's one of those let me play it again.
Speaker 3: One more time? Oh wow, I mean it could be any of those things.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: How do these people know for sure?
Speaker 2: Nobody does.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna guess. I'm gonna guess I hate you? Is that? Okay?
Speaker 2: They think it's hey you? Is it for good? Okay, now that we know that, let's listen again, because I totally hear that.
Speaker 1: Is it for good?
Speaker 3: I hear it, Hey you, is this for good? I wonder if they're asking them like am I stuck here forever?
Speaker 1: Like? Is this for good?
Speaker 2: Totally? Here's one more. It's actually from the same YouTube channel and it is at a sanatorium. Doesn't say which one. It's just at a sanatorium.
Speaker 3: What is a sanatorium? Is that where they sanitize thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, very sanitary. I think it was also a word that was used just for like hospital.
Speaker 1: H that makes sense.
Speaker 2: On the TV show I'm on Living for the Dead, we went to Waverly Hill Sanatorium and that was for people that had tuberculosis. At one point it was a hospital. Oh god, okay, what is this ghost saying? Oh it's kind of a creepy voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard like Ted, I was like, what okay? That one's like witchy. It's like the gollumn Ye yeah, she's like a gollum drag Like what very witchy?
Speaker 2: Very my bressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, one more time, baby. That is some ell ekonoma nomen option matter after med economi shiit bitch. That is a spell that is an el economen. That is some the wizard and I very wicked.
Speaker 2: Well here's some options. Was it a take me to the Boner Cave. Is it be take my breath away? Is it c take me to the sleigh or d tame me? I'm feeling gay. Okay, it's one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want it to be. Now that I know it's a it's a gay ghost, I'm I oh, it makes sense. Take me to the Bonner Cave for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna play it now. Okay, you're actually right.
Speaker 1: They believe it's say take me to the Bonner Cave.
Speaker 2: Well, I was not being entirely accurate. It was saying take me to the Bonner Cave. Two at Boner with two ends to the Bonner Cave. Now, I was googling, and I'm like, what is the Bonner Cave? Is that really a place?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: I'm sure I don't know.
Speaker 2: But there is a really famous haunted place city town that is constantly in these evp like there's tons of ghost hunting that happens there. It's called Virginia City, Nevada. It's like an old mining town.
Speaker 1: Wow. And I found in my.
Speaker 2: Research that there is a place there that they refer to as the Bonner Shaft. So it says that the Boner Shaft was named in the on of mind Superintendent Charles S. Bonner. Okay, and this article I found that's on h MDB dot org. It talks about the construction of the shaft. Consisted of twelve inch timbers that were installed and basically there's a sinkhole. I don't know's there's some great things.
Speaker 3: To you had me at twelve inch timbers.
Speaker 2: The Bonner Shaft cave in was filled with a plug consisting of steel and concrete. It was erected in two thousand and nine. Listen, there's some good stuff here. If you're ever looking for hm dB dot org, it'll tell you all about the Bonner Shaft of Gould and Curry mine.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this ghost wanted to go to the Bonner cave I love it. Take me to the Bonner d Laguna. We're pretty much done here. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing this. Can you tell me about your album that just came out?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, please. My new album just came out, Underwater Bubble Pop. You can find it on all streaming platforms Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube. You can also follow me on all social media at lagoona Blue NYC.
Speaker 3: But imagine you.
Speaker 1: Speak well, So it's LAO Blue and my c allo's l E g o O and a B l oo n y C.
Speaker 3: And yeah, check out the music.
Speaker 1: I am a pop music making mermaid pop star based out of New York City and my goal is to change people's minds about what drag artists are capable of.
Speaker 3: And I'm making some damn good pop. So check out Underwater Bubble Pop.
Speaker 2: You are truly one of the most incredible singers singing these days. Oh both, thank you, drag queen or not, I'm just saying in general, an amazing singer, thank you, my love. I've seen you bring the house down many times, and people need to see you live and listen to your album. And you're also very good at social media, so people should check out that.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's hang up. I want you to tell me everyone.
Speaker 1: You hate can't wait.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to Laguna Blue. As always, please tell your friends about the show. Rate at five stars, give us a nice review, follow us, follow me at roz Hernandez. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me okay by This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chill Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 1: H