Speaker 1: All right, starting your week with the brand new Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here. It's broken Jeffrey, Please like, subscribe, comment, do all the things because we love it.
Speaker 2: Before we start today's we do have to put a disclaimer that we do not approve of this woman's actions.
Speaker 3: Yeah the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great way to say what we mean. Yeah, you can understand real quick, I'll tell you that. But before we get to this brand new podcast, what are our comments?
Speaker 4: I saw see?
Speaker 5: Garyerra three said Jeffrey's intros are unmatched. He can make the most uninteresting situations into a five star story.
Speaker 3: I love it for sure.
Speaker 2: Thanks for leaving your comments, and let's get this podcast started.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Everybody always says, gosh, I wish I could meet someone in real life?
Speaker 3: Yes, but really.
Speaker 4: Do you actually want that? Why wouldn't it sounds so scary? There's no block button in real life.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 6: You can't Google searchabile and they're standing right in front of you.
Speaker 5: Can't work with your friends just send a message.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or forward the rest of your conversation to voicemail.
Speaker 3: You're out there on an island all by yourself. That would be awesome. If your friends were in the other room though, Yeah, and you're like, what did you just say? Hold on, I'll be right back. Yeah, tell them.
Speaker 4: You could ask Siri for like a flirty compliment to give to them, but it is kind of awkward when they're sitting right in front of you.
Speaker 3: So nobody knows that better.
Speaker 4: Like our listener Stacy, who, according to her email, says she.
Speaker 3: Met a guy out in the real world.
Speaker 6: Was it frightening, Stacy?
Speaker 2: Were you so scared?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, thanks for being on the show with us today, Stacy, tell us about this guy you met.
Speaker 8: Well, basically, I was going to get a coffee and it was full and there was only one chair open. Yeah, and when I went to sit in the chair. I mean, it sounds like cliche, like I'm making it up, but it really happened, like this guy went at the same time.
Speaker 2: And he was a hot guy.
Speaker 6: Huh, very hot.
Speaker 8: I thought my prayers had been answered. I thought the universe heard me because I couldn't believe it. We were both like, literally we decided to share the chair. He was that cool we were sitting You.
Speaker 6: Did sit on his last then? Is that what you're saying now?
Speaker 8: We shared the chair next to each hips next.
Speaker 3: To each other, one chair video.
Speaker 1: Cheek. Did you discuss it or was this a silent agreement, like how did you introduce yourself?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know how it happened. It just was so natural. We started talking and then I just honestly wanted to read my book, so I just pulled out my book Catcher in the Rye And then he turned to me and he said, I read that book. I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like we all read that in high school. Yeah, it was required reading, but you had to do it in order to pass.
Speaker 6: I read it for fun, and I don't think I read that.
Speaker 4: One plains a lot about Brooke.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, did you catch his name at any point during this conversation.
Speaker 1: Yes, his name was Tyler Okay, and I bet he was impressed with you. You're reading like a literary classic instead of some like smut romance, which is.
Speaker 3: Like a muscular guy. Is that something that is a turn on to you out in the world.
Speaker 4: If you see a woman reading like a really fancy book, you're like, oh yeah, hot. After you said see a woman, oh yeah, sorry immediately, No, if a girl's reading a book that is good.
Speaker 3: You want a little bit of.
Speaker 6: Intellect, right, dumb, so I need to hear it.
Speaker 3: Be a little smart so we can balance you. Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: So you guys are sitting there at the coffee table, two butts, one chair, and what happens?
Speaker 8: And then he suddenly he's like, hey, I have to go for my workout.
Speaker 6: Oh he's telling you where he's going.
Speaker 1: I always feel like that's kind of a I want to see you again, or an invite or something smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like when I say I have to go to the bathroom, that's like an.
Speaker 6: I mean, why would he tell a complete stranger where he's going.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't he tell her where he's going? Yeah, I honestly have an appointment.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he just said, hey, it was nice, meaning you I have to head to my workout. It means he's in shape but sexy.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: But how did you get his phone number? Like it sounds like that's the end, like he doesn't you know?
Speaker 8: No. I said, oh wow, I no wonder you're in such great shape. I love to work out too. And then he's invited me. He said, really, you know I do power yoga And I said, oh my gosh, not a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Do that soon it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Okay, So wait, so you went to his workout with him?
Speaker 9: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: You on the spot to work out. Don't lie. You never go to a coffee shop without wearing yoga pants.
Speaker 8: I mean no, I hadn't know.
Speaker 7: I had him in my bag.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys are working out together. That seems a little bit more intimate.
Speaker 3: How did that got's and it went great?
Speaker 8: I mean, it wasn't that intimate. It was just a class, so I just jumped in.
Speaker 6: Okay, did you guys get spots next to each other?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we were just doing yoga.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't talk.
Speaker 5: But I love the bonding when you bring a friend to make the contact like this post is hard, you know, like if you the.
Speaker 4: Look they were, they were making out the whole class across the room.
Speaker 3: So's so fun.
Speaker 6: That sounds so friendly. You know, when do we get to the romance?
Speaker 3: Is there a big romantic moment at the end of this?
Speaker 8: Well, like I got a number and he took my number?
Speaker 6: Was there a talk of a date?
Speaker 3: Are you his workout buddy?
Speaker 8: Well, he talks about getting together again, So.
Speaker 4: No, maybe, but it could just be like to talk about catchering the rye and like discuss plot points and stuff that could be really sexy.
Speaker 6: I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: She didnt do it for fun as long as they Yeah, as long as there's one involved.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's happened since you guys said goodbye to each other?
Speaker 8: Well, we basically texted. I'd stay back and forth about three times and it was going really good at the start, super easy texting back and forth sounded like we were going towards setting something up. And I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, sometimes your hands like something else could have happened in his life, and so.
Speaker 9: What do I do?
Speaker 6: Well, we call him us for help.
Speaker 4: That was a smart move. We're going to try and call this guy Tyler. We'll see if he picks up the phone, and hopefully he has an answer for why he's not setting up a second meet up for the two of them.
Speaker 3: He's not in the middle of power yoga. We're going to embarrass him.
Speaker 1: He will bring you to the studio rights Okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll do it right after this. Hold on second date update?
Speaker 4: What else do you need for a steamy first date besides hot coffee? Power yoga and catch her in the rye.
Speaker 6: I'm sweaty just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: It hardcover, first edition. Oh you studious stud.
Speaker 6: Honestly, that would be worth so much money that oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's the impromptu date that our listener Stacey went on recently after randomly meeting a guy named Tyler at a coffee shop. And even though they worked out together and seemed to have a lot in common, there didn't seem to be a ton of romantic chemistry happening.
Speaker 3: So, like Jose was saying, it's possible.
Speaker 4: That Tyler sees you more as a workout study buddy, but we don't know. That's the whole reason that we're about to call him in.
Speaker 1: And even if that's the case, then maybe we can help turn his mind into a more romantic thing. I mean, sometimes, especially with guys, they just don't see.
Speaker 6: It unless it like slaps him in the face.
Speaker 4: You know, Brook is ready to slap Tyler right across the face till he sees the sexy side of Stacy and figuratively, yeah, but physically too if it comes to Okay, Stacy, are you cool with that?
Speaker 3: Do you condone that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I just really don't meet people in real life.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a common sentiment. I mean romantically, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: You're probably most people. Yeah, that's just how it is. I'll bring that up to Tyler too. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: You don't meet people like this every day, So he shouldn't let it pass him by.
Speaker 8: He really shouldn't let this pass him by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a confidence we need Stacy going into this.
Speaker 4: Okay, first, let's see if he picks up, because I'm downing his number right now.
Speaker 9: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Tyler?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, hey man, how are you doing today? You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, Tyler Man, good morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm on the radio right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well yeah, okay, say hi to millions of people.
Speaker 8: What is this about.
Speaker 4: We wanted you to do all the shout outs for the day on the show, so we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 8: Second.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's not do this then we have a great voice for it.
Speaker 4: Before we get to that, we want to talk to you a little bit about your dating life in a segment that we do called second date update.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Mine, Yeah, yeah, you've been dating.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, this isn't really a date meet day like this may be because you know, you may not categorize.
Speaker 3: It that way.
Speaker 4: We're not sure if you felt like it was a romantic hangout. But you met a woman recently named Stacy at a coffee shop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, the girl with the book right, Yeah, that that.
Speaker 6: You shared a chair with.
Speaker 4: So we heard about you guys like meeting up and you had coffee, did a little workout afterwards.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I remember her?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean what did you think about her? She's cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's a beautiful girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: Stacey told us that after you guys met up, you were texting about possibly hanging out a second time, but nothing happened, right, She's just not sure where your head's at.
Speaker 7: Okay, And you want you want me to tell you.
Speaker 3: On the air that it'd be a lot better than off the air for all the use the phone, and we're just gonna listen, Okay, I'm just kidding, And that's okay with you, all right?
Speaker 7: Well, uh yeah, there's a reason, Okay.
Speaker 3: So we were.
Speaker 7: Texting back and forth and scheduling a first real gate yeah, she said that, And so I was suggesting we get together the following weekend and she comes back with, yeah, that's great. I'm excited, but we can't do Friday because it's your birthday.
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, does.
Speaker 6: She mean her birthday? How would she know your birthday?
Speaker 2: Maybe it came up when you guys were talking at coffee.
Speaker 3: Did you mention that to her? No?
Speaker 7: I never did, and I was racking my brain to see if I could figure out where she would have learned my birthday. The yoga studio would never say that.
Speaker 4: But isn't that, like Alexis, isn't that normal if you meet a guy that you like, you like immediately stalk him online everywhere he just talk him on.
Speaker 5: You probably see some's birthday, but you don't mention it.
Speaker 3: Yeah Facebook?
Speaker 1: Or are you sure you're not like misremembering that, like maybe somehow you mentioned it in conversation.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I mean we didn't have a lot of deep talks. That's why we're going to get together for another date.
Speaker 1: Well, but she's not trying to date you on your birthday, which is a good sign.
Speaker 7: But just her knowing when my birthday was kind of freaked me out, so I just stopped responding to her.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, if you stalk a guy and you know, yes, two brothers, you don't mention the brothers still, you know you.
Speaker 6: Think Alexish maybe did it on accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's possible, and we can find out because Tyler, I mean, this isn't going to be a great look for her when.
Speaker 3: I tell you this.
Speaker 4: But Stacy is quietly listening on the other line to this conversation, waiting for her chance to talk to you, not like.
Speaker 2: A stock man.
Speaker 7: No, that's not creepy at all.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just how the segment works.
Speaker 6: That's our bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Stacy, are you there?
Speaker 6: Oh god?
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 8: I just want to say I missed your birthday, so happy birthday.
Speaker 6: Doubling down. That's kind of funny. You mean that as a joke, And.
Speaker 8: No, it's not a joke. I really did miss his birthday. And say, hide a little Buster for me. Your dog.
Speaker 7: Wait, how do you how do you know my dog's name?
Speaker 3: I never told you Buster's name.
Speaker 8: I have a confession to make.
Speaker 6: What are you inside his house right now?
Speaker 8: This whole meeting of ours was not an accident?
Speaker 9: What what.
Speaker 6: Do you wait?
Speaker 7: Explain what's going on right now?
Speaker 8: I did run across your dating profile about a week ago, and I saw the logo for the coffee shop behind you when you were seating, and I went to the coffee shop and waited until I would run into you. And I just hope that you can respect a girl who does her homework.
Speaker 7: All makes sense now, Okay.
Speaker 2: You lied to us too. You said that it was like a chance in real life meeting.
Speaker 8: It was a chance that I would meet him.
Speaker 3: She didn't know what day he was going to be in the coffee shop.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 6: This is not normal behavior.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to say right now.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of weirded out.
Speaker 6: I don't blame you. And how do you know his dog's name?
Speaker 8: It wasn't on my dating profile.
Speaker 6: That is nuts, Stacy.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 4: I can't do that, and I did.
Speaker 8: He gave me the information on the app, and I put myself in a situation to run into him.
Speaker 2: I trust nothing that you're saying right now, Like what was the book?
Speaker 6: Were you actually reading that book?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: I mean after I saw that he liked it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel totally do care. Isn't it the thought that counts behind the duke.
Speaker 6: You stop it, you stub it.
Speaker 1: If we would have known this, we would have not called for Stacy.
Speaker 8: Tyler, woman who was going to call for me? He had blot.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell us.
Speaker 5: That, and I'm sure you know his best friend's name.
Speaker 8: You guys are really funny. I saw the guy on the dating profile, and I just went the extra mile to meet him.
Speaker 6: It's sweet, so innocent that Okay, the extra miles.
Speaker 4: A long mile. Yeah, Stacy, you clearly still want to go out with Tyler here, but.
Speaker 8: Before you, I do, But I have a problem with something I have to clear up first.
Speaker 3: You have a problem.
Speaker 8: I noticed you paid someone named Trish three times last week on a Venmo and I'm hoping you see the dog walker.
Speaker 3: But Venmo was kind of like public knowledge.
Speaker 2: You cauld switch it to private.
Speaker 3: Switch I'm switching it a private right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah. That's n that's not very nice, it's not polite. I don't like that, Tyler.
Speaker 6: Why is that the creepiest thing she said?
Speaker 3: But it's still a yes as far as I understood that.
Speaker 6: From Stacy.
Speaker 2: From Stacy, are you actually going to ask Tyler?
Speaker 4: It's kind to ask position jeff Well, Tyler, we would pay for your guys to meet up again.
Speaker 3: If she's not already waiting for you and you're.
Speaker 2: Apartment, do check your closets.
Speaker 6: I'm not even lying serious.
Speaker 7: I think I'm gonna respectfully pass.
Speaker 3: I did not see this, Stacy.
Speaker 6: You do understand that's a no right.
Speaker 8: I maybe just have to work harder.
Speaker 4: Oh, this happening one day, guys, whether if it's against our will or not, something's gonna.
Speaker 3: Happens, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: See, this is why we've always said you can't trust anybody who reads a book in public.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a literacy, that was the problem.
Speaker 4: It's a gateway activity. Brook First you're reading Ernest Henmy Way. Next thing you know, you're reading a stranger's Venmo logue and monitoring who is sending them money.
Speaker 3: I mean, read The Enemy.
Speaker 5: The guy in the TV show you owned a bookstore.
Speaker 1: A lot of people say that a lot of psychos have come out of Catcher in the Rye.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel like this isn't going to be the last time that we hear from this Stacy Lady though.
Speaker 6: She was like yeah too much, Yeah, too much.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna We're gonna hear from her again during a laser story where she's being featured in it.
Speaker 3: But didn't work out this time, probably for the best. But if you want some help.
Speaker 4: With your dating life, you can email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: They're up at Brooke and Jeffrey