Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age very by jurisdiction void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals all in prices views from your seat. The Lords price Guarantee game Time takes the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the Lord's Price Guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time aut create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 3: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 2: Creat an account, Redeem code Nightcap night caap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today last minute ticket lowers price guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Listening, gentlemen, We're back like acne on a team. We're fresh like then Team I don't mean to be mean, but this the number one team. I am your favorite on Shunning Shark. That's your favorite, Number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, the Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree legendary pro bowler, All Pro Liberty Cities Own Chad o Jasenko Johnson and thank you for taking time out of your day to join us again. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank you, guys. We're growing out an astonomical rate and that's all thanks to you, guys, so we greatly greatly appreciate that. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast be wherever you listen to your podcast and wherever you get your podcasts from every podcast subscriber count because what we're trying to do, we're trying to get even bigger than what we already are, and the only way we can accomplish that is through your subscriptions. So make sure you tell family member, loved ones, and friends tune in the Nightcap because you know, we keep it funky, we keep it live, and we give you the real Make sure you check out my Shade by Laportia. We're taking pre orders. Now we should have everything back in stop and the long way. I want to say again, thank you for your patients. We did not Oh my bad, I said it. Please make sure you got follow my media company paid platforms that shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four. The LinkedIn Nightcap merchants pen at the top of the chat use code. The discount applies to all merchandise. Everyone to receive their merchandise.
Speaker 2: Thank you again for your patients and hopefully you love the quality and you love the product that you receive. O cho, let's jump right into it. The US women basketball trust Japan one. Guess what ojo they They beat Japan by the same margin of victory that the men beat Serbia by twenty six points. The United States began their quest of the eighth consecutive gold medal.
Speaker 3: They haven't lost the game at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Since nineteen ninety two, and the last time they lost to Japan was in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 3: The game was in Montreal.
Speaker 2: All twelve members of the US team scored unlike the man Aju Wilson led the way with twenty four thirteen rebounds. Breonna Stewart out of the twenty two and eight. Chelsea Gray only had two points, but she had a record of the team high thirteen or six the US Oho, they got to do a better job of shooting the three.
Speaker 3: Japan got a thirty nine.
Speaker 2: They made fifteen, but they shot sixty seven percent from the two point Next up, it's Belgium on Thursday watching the game. Oh, Jo, what do you like about what you saw from the ladies as they dominated this Japans start to.
Speaker 5: Finish the ladies, they just out there having fun. Yet they out there having fun obviously, like you s stated and everybody knows, I don't think there's any competition for them. I think they are that much better across the board. Then everybody listen to women. Team is on a fifty six game winning streat on thirty seven of the last fifty six game have a winning margin of at least twenty points or over twenty points. I mean, all they have to do you said they need to shoot better from three. I think even if they don't make the threes, mid range layups, anything on the board, rebounds, I just nobody had nobody stands a chance but watching them play and the joy that they play in the game, of basketball with representing US man is a beautiful thing to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 2: Thing is o cho. But see, here is the problem that you run into. All of a sudden, you let somebody get up. You only got up. They got up nineteen more threes than you did. Now they may fifteen. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, you get one of these teams, then all of a sudden, they go twenty five or thirty nine and you go four of twenty because the three ball is the equal line. Those are why guys that all of a sudden, I don't need to jump out the gym. I don't need to be selling foot tall, because if I could make that that's three to two, I make three of those. You gotta make three two point shots just to equal what I did in two shots. Right, So yeah, I agree with you. Asian Wilson and Breonna Stewart only paid twenty six minutes, but they were dominant fourteen to eighteen from the free throw line. And that's where the advantage that we have. And then we can come off the bench. You come off the bench with Britney Griner, Kelsey Plumb, Khalil Copper, Jewel Low, I mean, we just have so much depth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's the thing. That's the thing what you just said, we have so much depth. And let's say this so happened. Hypothetically speaking, they meet a team that's efficient from three. I think they're a Swiss that they can turn on and take things to an even higher level and play even more.
Speaker 1: Efficient than what they're doing right now.
Speaker 2: We did going to a game fifty five percent from the floor eleven fifteen, ten of sixteen. Chelsea Gray was one of five, DT only played only shot one of two.
Speaker 3: She didn't put the ball up that much. Alyssa Thomas was one of four.
Speaker 2: Britney Grinder was four seven Sabrina net Schul was four of six, Jackie Young was one on one, Kelsey Plum was four of six, Khalil Copper was two or four. Jewel Long was all three, but she had made two three throws. We're dominant, we're big. You look at our girls. I mean we go, what, Asia's probably six three six four, Stewart's probably six three six four, h Nafisia Calliser Collier, Noisia Collier, Well she's six three and then you go six seven of the half, six eight Brittney Grinder coming off the bench.
Speaker 3: Alyssa Thomas, we just got so much. We just have sive.
Speaker 2: We got guards that can handle the ball. We can shoot the ball from the perimeter. A nescul can shoot the three. Kelseon Plum can shoot the three. We have a lot of girls that even Stewart but I start, didn't shoot them, didn't shoot the three. They were over oh for four, five, six, they were oh for six. But they dominated so much inside because and on what we have thirty seven, we had fifty six rebounds, they had twenty seven. See that's the difference to your ball right there. Oh Joe, you got you get out rebounded by almost thirty. You're probably gonna lose by rode margin.
Speaker 5: M h every time, every time.
Speaker 2: Congratulations lady, keep the great work up one or two the seventy six over Japan.
Speaker 1: Go ahead on Joe before before we leave.
Speaker 5: Is there a team that you can think of that has an opportunity or a chance to even challenge the young ladies?
Speaker 3: Well, I think they didn't.
Speaker 2: They played They played Japan in the gold medal round for a couple of years ago and it was closed because they made the three.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But if you're not making the three because remember that's the neutralizer. No matter what, if you're making that shot. Now everything is is a level playing field. But do I believe that some one you're probably gonna have to shoot about sixty and you're gonna need to get up forty plus in order.
Speaker 3: For you to beat these ladies.
Speaker 2: That's just me because we're too we're too we're too dominated inside. We're gonna crush you on the on the glass, on the offensive glast the defensive glass. Asian Wilson had six offensive rebounds written the ground a half for they had nineteen offensive rebounds. So, to make a long story short, they had almost as many offensive rebounds as Japan had total rebounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so is there a team you think that they're gonna see they can even give them an inkland of a chance to give them a challenge.
Speaker 2: Don't see it. I think they I think they only beat Belgium. Was it Belgium that they played ash in the in the world in the feb and they won by a couple of points. But I don't think. I don't think Asia was there at the time and saw a lot of the players that are playing now, they're they but I don't owe jo because, like I said, although it is a global game, you don't see the international born players playing in the w NBA like you see on the men's side. Men's side got sixty plus international players on NBA team, like I said, and there are no Lauren Jackson's. Lauren Jackson was the Seattle Storm. She won three MVPs. They want a title. If that level of talent currently in the NBA on the international side, I don't see it. I don't see it right, But hey, I ain't mad. I mean it used to be. I mean for the longest time, the Asian companies was dominating his spot.
Speaker 3: And ain't nobody feel bad for us? Get better? No? Yes, you just got to step up your game up.
Speaker 1: That's it, none more, none less.
Speaker 2: Steven Netta Rossik clutch palmer horse routine powers the US to a historic Olympic bronze and men's just gymnastics. The US men gymnastics gymnastics teams won its first medal in sixteen years. Japan took no, China took silver. And if I'm not mistaken, I think I was reading he was added just for this. Yeah, because he's that elite on that apparatus. The difference between the men and the women. The women have four events, the men have six. The women have floor vault, uh what uneven bars? Uneven bars and the beans and the men obviously they have the vault, they have the floor, but they have the pomel horse, they have the high bar, they have the the rings which is all my goodness, the strength that they just flit those guys all yes, and it's not being look guys, not being sacrilegious. But when you hold yourself in that cross like poles out like this cool. You're talking about the shoulder strength a core poor and shoulder strength unbelievable. Nah, I ain't holding myself out like that right there. I mean you think, I mean, think about it. I mean yeah, and I know, oh jo, those I mean the guys probably the heaviest one probably maybe one sixty, but you're talking about one thirty five, you talking about one forty five. But still, oh, you think it's easy if you win one, take your ass outside to try to hold yourself up, you see, matter.
Speaker 5: Of fact, and forget having it and forget to have in the rings. Try to do it on the monkey bars, try to do it on the monkey bars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I love I love watching gymnastics.
Speaker 2: I love the height in which they go on the vault, small boses when you do the flip, because it ain't no more, it ain't fun no more to just run up there and just hit your people, put your hands on the on the you know, on the vault. Nah, you gotta flip, you got twist, you gotta do like three or four things before you even get there.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what damn. Yeah, yeah, y'all.
Speaker 2: They taking it to a new level. And the the the degree of difficulty, because that's what you're measuring them on. It is I mean, even if she doesn't land it perfect, nobody else can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's so. That's what makes that's what makes it special.
Speaker 2: She's so great. She's competing. There are very few people that compete against themselves. She's competing against herself. Nobody else can do the moves that she does. They can't do what she does on the floor. They can't do what she does.
Speaker 3: On the vault. Right, So.
Speaker 2: If you judging it fairly, like can anybody can raise your hand if you can do that?
Speaker 5: No, listen, it's not And the funny thing about it is raise your hand and see if you can do this, But can you do it right in the one time where it counts?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I mean think about it. That's where the.
Speaker 1: Pressure, that's where the pressure comes in at.
Speaker 2: I think I'm trying to think of the lady that did a did a bowls a move, because she has six moves named after in competition, only one other woman has ever landed it in competition other than the woman that.
Speaker 3: It was named after after. That's thinking for a second, O.
Speaker 1: Joe, that's difficult, man.
Speaker 3: Let's just say give it.
Speaker 2: For example, Let's just say, in the course of a game, only one other person in the history of the game has ever made a one hand catch in the game. M that's what you're that's what you're comparing it to not practice in a game. She's the only person outside of some own bows to land this move in a competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let alone attempted. She actually landed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So congratulations ladies the US women's national basketball team.
Speaker 3: Then you guys win one O two seventy six.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to the men gymnastics team bringing home bronze medal, first medal in sixteen years. Novak Djokovic, Nara and Nadal in the sixtieth impossible last minute had to add six one sixty four the victory for the joker the same place where the doll when fourteen French Open titles. You know he's not the same the ball the doll. He plays such a physical game. The injuries have taken his toll. That's not to disc take regular no back. He's the greatest tennis player ever, no matter what you think of it. A lot of people don't like he rubbed them the wrong way, but based on what he's been able to do, he's beaten all the great in their prime. He beat that, he beating the doll, he beat Murray, I don't know. And he has what twenty five twenty four to twenty five majors. I don't know how you can say he's not the goat. Yeah, he's one of the greatest of all time based on he ain't. Yeah, yeah, because you all the guys that he beat. Nadal has over twenty majors. Yeah, Federal was graceful. He was to be Federal, the Swiss maestro. But when you look at it, O Joe Federal has twenty majors. Yeah, think about how many times Joker beating. Nadal has twenty one majors. Think about how many times he beating So he's beaten them on their best surface. Bad is a grass, He's.
Speaker 3: Grateful, he's he's a swan.
Speaker 2: He's a ballerina on grass, right, right, right, Joker beating on clay. Nadal has fourteen Grant slams on clay. Rolan ghettos.
Speaker 3: Joker beating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's beating you. If I beat you on your best surface, you with time. I'm in my prime, I got more majors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, listen, those matchups are those matchups are always good though, anytime anytime Joker and the Dog met up, especially in their prime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, miny, they played.
Speaker 5: They played sixty times, sixty Yeah, he played sixty times. And obviously this this this matching dog just need a hip surgery now, not not less than a year ago, so he's probably not even fully here, fully healthy. But again, they both had phenomenal careers and Joker probably is the best.
Speaker 2: I mean, na Doll hits the ball with so much torque, core muscle. If you notice every time he goes down, it's core muscle. It's a risk injury. Because he's putting so much torque on the ball. But it was great to watch watching the doll in Federal in their prime, it was great to watch them. I mean, let's think in if you go back and look at it, think about how few people actually won majors. You'll never see this again in any sport. Three guys dominated. I mean out of the last what eighty majors, they've won like seventy five of them. Yeah, most definitely the Poltrow you get, Depot you get, Uh, you get, and Murray that's it.
Speaker 3: Oh and stan wall Winker he's a Swiss player also.
Speaker 5: Now, the funny thing about it is, when you think about all Joker has accomplished as far as Accolades is concerned, I think there is one player that might have a chance to come close or maybe even surpass him, and that's Carlos Carlos Alcaraz Alchoraz thot Alcaraz is phenomenal in such an early time in his career. He just beat just beat Joker maybe two weeks ago at Wimbledon, if if I'm not mistaken. So he's a phenomenal talent. He is a phenomenal talent and he's very young and it has a long way to go. And if you can stay healthy, boy, the sky's a limit for young bull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you and the thing is that that that that.
Speaker 2: But you look at Joker, he didn't have that intestinal fortitude early. Now he reinvented himself where he would dig down. He would get down a couple of sets like I can't win, and he packed it up.
Speaker 1: You pack it up?
Speaker 3: Oh not anymore, not anymore. I think it flipped for him.
Speaker 2: I think that was eight At the US Open, Fed had match point on his racket twice. Joker held him off. That was kind of the beginning and that was kind of the beginning of Novak djokobit.
Speaker 3: But it was great. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: To see these guys, we've never seen anything like it. I'm old enough to remember remember be on board when he dominated on clay because for the longest time, Oh Joe, all the surfaces were the same. You played on grass. You went down to Australia, it was grass, the US it was grass wimbled. The only difference in the surface was when you went to Roland Garrow the French Open, it was clay. Right now, you have you know, now you have two hard courts, which is the Australian Open and the US Open. You have grass which is Wimbledon, and you have clay which is you know, Roland Garrels uh. And so I'm old enough to remember of the old guard Board beat us Jerelias and you had uh Stephan Edinburgh, and you had Peter sam Prest and you had running Yeah, man, you had Michael Stee, you had all those.
Speaker 3: I remember those got a.
Speaker 1: Courier chain, Michael Chang, I remember.
Speaker 3: That was that was probably the glory.
Speaker 2: Now you get you had the joker thedal and Federal dominating them, Like what damn?
Speaker 3: Because you know if you had to go through those guys mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe you're like, man, I should hope, well, maybe Federal can knock off the medal and then maybe I got a chance. But just thinking if you had to run, if you had to run the gamut and you had to beat two of those in a major.
Speaker 3: Happening, but it didn't happen often.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't happen often. But it's tough.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nadal certainly seems that this could be close to retirement. He has had two injury field season. He even he four go, he skipped the uh, the French which is his favorite surface, is best surface, because he was kind of trying to save it for this. Yeah, he had needed to help surge a little more than a year ago. Or recently spoke about twenty twenty four being his farewell check us out out Joe American rhyme.
Speaker 3: Murphy secured the bronze medal and the undemeter best broke final at the Olympics Monday, but it was certainly a start. Remember forty nine year old swimmer. After the medal ceremony, Murphy walked the vig gar lap around the pool. Words wife waited with the signe Ryan, it's a girl. He told reporters. So I'm having a baby girl in January. And that was the gender reveal to me. Yeah, what we brought it. We brought it. We both thought it. It was going to be a boy. Everything is going to be dedicated to a little girl. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's live, that's live, that's live, Ryan Murphy. Congrass, Yeah, congrass, grass grass, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I like like that.
Speaker 3: God, but they they're going too far with the general reveals they getting airplanes. They damn me, but that that's that's.
Speaker 5: A crazy one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: It's not, it's not, it's not it's a it's a great moment. It's that at the Olympics, you just won bronze medal, you know, in a one hundred meters breaststroke, and your wife reveals to you that you having a girl. That got to be the greatest feeling, yeah, of all time. Ain't ain't nothing greater than that.
Speaker 2: Right, So congratulations riding on the on the bronze medal, and congratulations on the healthy baby girl that your wife is going to deliver. In January, Olympic swimming results in the four hundred meter i AM Summer Macintosh, the seventeen year old Canadian phenom. She won the gold medal.
Speaker 5: Seventeen.
Speaker 3: We got first, we got second and third, we won the silver and the bronze. Uh it was. It was the first Olympic gold medal of her career. Monday night, in a ruling.
Speaker 2: Four hundred meters i AM touching the wall in four minutes twenty seven point seven one seconds the man's two hundred free final Papa Bitch Goal Hobson bronze what do you call him? And the man's back final, who's that?
Speaker 3: How do you say that? Secone secong gold American?
Speaker 2: And uh Murphy got the bronze women's hunting meter the breast final Smith's gold. American King misses the medal by zero point one mm hm oh that's Lily King, oh man and the two hundred two in the free final Australia one two if O'Callahan beef tip? Oh my gosh, that's the shakra right now of of Arianna Timmus. She's phenomenal in the two to the four hundred because she just be catered to and the four hundred and that was her back he went back to back. Oh my, I know, yeah, I know who she is. I know what she represents in the freestyle at t in the po yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But the Australians they've been dominant, they've been they really dominated this. Emma McKinnon and the men on the men's side. He used to have a guy they called him the thorpedo Ian Thorpe.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Australians they're great, they're greatest women. They they normally give the Americans all they can have it uh the the uh she breaks timmas wreck Olympic record in twenty twenty one, and missus Timpma's world record from last month by just four hundred of a second and Timpa's is she's young, I mean she's only twenty three, right, Ariana temple titmas so. But the longer distances where Katie the decade will be favored. The eight hundred and the fifteen hundred meter. If I'm not mistaken, you probably have the thirtieth fastest times in the eight hundred and the thirtieth thirty fastest time in the UH in the in the fifteen hundred. But congratulations to all the winners. Congratulations a dream come true. You work your whole life for this. I mean some people dream of going to the Olympics and being on that stage, back podium and hearing your national anthem play. And some of this has come to fruition and some you got to stand on the medal. That nothing wrong with being the third best person in the world at an event. Yeah, everybody wants to go. Let's let's let's not get I said, everybody wants to be number one, O Joe. But yeah, if I give you everything, I got Ojo, I can't. It's just like a football game, Ojoe. And you tell Mike, I said, Mike, you know that guy got a check too. I said, if I go out there and give a guy every if I give you everything I got, because I know what I put in and during the course of the week, I know the prep that I that led up to getting on that field on a Sunday or whatever the day it is.
Speaker 3: Get beat. I mean, what you want me to do.
Speaker 1: And you listen.
Speaker 5: You win some, you lose something. But anytime you can represent your country, hunk, and you can meddle.
Speaker 1: You know you want gold.
Speaker 5: Well, we all want go. You put in four years worth of work to get to this point. Sometimes you can't win them all. But if you can meddle, if you get silver, if you get bronze, Man, I'm up there with a smile.
Speaker 1: Even if you know we all want go. We all want to be number one.
Speaker 2: You know, as long as you give it your best, as long as that man, if I'd have done this, as long as there's no I'd have done this.
Speaker 3: In the back of my mind, right you good? O't Joe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean There're been some games I'm like Damn. I don't know why I tried that move. I don't know why I tried to. I should have just went arm over or I should have did this. I should have You know you got that in the back. But sometimes a dude covered my best route.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, hey four, you gotta win, hell, I thought I was gonna win. You thought I would have. You thought I would right, right right? You know what I found out? A I told. I told my position coach what time? I said, BP, I said, you know what I found out. I found out them guys study take too. You know that we ain't only want to watch Dayton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get paid to.
Speaker 3: BP. He made more money than me. Check this out on Joe.
Speaker 2: Canada is appealing it six point deduction levet by FIFA against Olympics women's soccer team. That's them from his staff for flying a drone over New Zealand's training session before the start of the Paris game. The Canadian Olympic Committee and Canada Soccer filed an appeal with the Court of Arbitration c.
Speaker 3: AS on Monday.
Speaker 2: Argument and fairly, it unfairly punishes the athlete for the action. They had no part of what goes.
Speaker 1: On, hold on, wait a minute, Yeah, yeah, why are you.
Speaker 3: Le mess your question?
Speaker 2: O Joe, Why do you think the coach will whomever responsible with this was flying the drone over the practice.
Speaker 3: Do you not think they were not going to pass that information down to the to the players. And they did.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, That's the whole point. That's the whole point. But you know, you know the funny thing about it. When I think about let's say, if you do have information, you have drone information on what the tactics are and what they're gonna do as far as practice goes. When I think about the game of soccer, think about the game of soccer, I'm not sure what type of information you can give. It would probably it would probably help you. It would probably help in a sense, But you still have to go out there and execute. You still have to go out there and score. You still have to go out there and pass. Let me ask you a question, O Joe, why do people rob banks because that's where the money is. If you were not going to get any information, why would you do it. It's like it's the same argument that they used in Spygate.
Speaker 2: Well you still got well, if you weren't going to get if you weren't gathering anything. Think about how much time you spend your time on things you think they're gonna run.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How many Let me ask you a question, how many teams you think that defensive coordinators devote time to the wildcat?
Speaker 3: Now? None? You know why, because they don't believe anybody's gonna run it. Right.
Speaker 2: So, if you're gonna, if you, if you're gonna go to the length that you're gonna take a drone to fly over someone's practice, unto you believe you can gather information that's gonna help you out a later day?
Speaker 3: Time is really that simple?
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, You're right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, mad man, they stole the cold? Well, why you stole the cold? Man? I just did? Oh you stole somebody's computer. Cold You hack somebody's computer for what? For information?
Speaker 1: Information?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something on that that you felt could be beneficial.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: If it's really that simple, So this notion that oh, you stole something or you did something that was well, you still gotta go out there and play the game. Well, it's a lot easy to play the game if I know what they're doing. Yes, yes, that's why they kept doing it. Let me ask you a question, Ojo, do you believe no, I'm saying, do you believe coach Belichick would have stopped spygate had he not been caught, would ever stopped it on his own?
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I think about think about how much money Pablo made. They say Pablo Escobar was doing a billion dollars a week. Yeah, billion dollars a year. Why not just quit?
Speaker 5: You got?
Speaker 2: I thought that's what you did. You know, I'm gonna retire money. I'm gonna retire to tell me. Somebody gonna get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: You ain't.
Speaker 5: The world.
Speaker 2: And think about this, o Joe. You had already won three Super Bowls doing that? You not stopping?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Mm hmm, Well I have a question. Yes, how mean did you win after you can do spigate no more?
Speaker 3: You still won? But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: That's like saying you get pop for peds and it's like, well he hit the home run, but he hit home runs afterwards. That still don't take away that you cheated before though we caught you. That that Yeah, okay, Ojo, you might not cheat anymore. You know what, o Jo, you might not have cheated, but we did catch you and bezzling some fun. Now, you might have went on the straight and narrow after that, but what we supposed are we supposed to overlook what you did before that?
Speaker 1: Nah, No, overlook it.
Speaker 5: But what it does say is, you know what, well, you ain't even need to do no goddamn spiggate because you probably would have won them anyway.
Speaker 3: We'll never know. We'll never I mean we won't. We can't. Yeah, we become because we can only go by the information that we have have, Yes, sir, that's it. Uh, Steve Kurk is Jason Tatum have playing time against today. Let's take a listen to what Steve Kerr had to say. And this is the.
Speaker 6: For sure, the hardest part of this job is, you know, sitting at least a couple of guys who are world class, you know, some of the very best players on Earth, and it you know, the one hand, it makes no sense at all.
Speaker 3: On the other it's.
Speaker 6: I'm asking these guys to just commit to winning, you know, one game and then move on to the next one.
Speaker 3: I have to do the same thing.
Speaker 6: And so I felt like last night that was that those are the combinations that made them sense Jason'll play tomorrow. You know it's I'm not going to answer your next question, which is if you place who doesn't, but we're gonna need him, and part of this job for me is to keep everybody.
Speaker 3: Engaged and ready. It's hard Ojo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say, that's one of the best players in the world. He's the only first team All NBA player is on the roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And he didn't play a minute. Yeah, he didn't even take his sweat his jacket off. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I say, I said it. I said it last night. I said it last night.
Speaker 5: The pressure that is on Steve Kher to give all the players happy, to make sure everybody gets minutes is very difficult. And I think he only came out today because of the backlash from the media and the backlash from the fans.
Speaker 1: So many people. That's the comment.
Speaker 3: That's not.
Speaker 2: That's not Christian Ladner in nineteen ninety two. He's the only collegiate player against all the other VISA All World, All NBA All Star players. We know what Jordan and Magic and all the we know what they were. This is not that Jason Tatum is a champion. He's a three time first team All NBA selection. He's a perennial All Star, so it's not comparable to him being in a situation like Christian Latner on the ninety two Dream Team, where you have eleven pros, one cock collegiate player and all these guys Jason Tatem like, hold on, bro, I get I get Brian, I get KD, I get step If I can't go in for something for them, but I've a damn if I got to take a back seat to everybody else else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's great, especially coming especially after coming off of NBA. Yes, I know you think he was upset. Did he look visibly upset?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Please understank about what I just said. He's a three time first team All NBA selection, he's a perennial a All Star, and he just won the championship. He didn't take his you, he didn't take his warm up jacket off, O Joe, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So that means he already knew. That means a conversation that was before the game.
Speaker 2: No, the arena's cold, so you guys, You know, guys always when they're sitting on the bench, they especially if they come out of the game. But he never win the game, so you keep the jacket on to stay warm. So when you know, hey, hey, uh.
Speaker 5: Tatum, you know, and then they okay, okay, I got you, I got you, I got you, I got you. Ship. I could imagine the conversation they have and as players. Hey, you know, you know they making they making jokes now, no, no, no, no, nothing, not in.
Speaker 2: This situation, not in this situation. Now after we win the yeah, no, the way back on yo, all the way back. He because you know how Joe like we be in a game, somebody get blowed up, somebody you you okay, we let that face lie.
Speaker 1: But oh boy, yeah, oh no, hey listen you saw some of the memes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: You know them boys, man, them jokes is flying. Now, hey, them jokes and them jokes, them jokes is flying.
Speaker 2: I don't think, oh they're different than us. Now now you get beat, Now you get beat. But come on, think about it. Now you know your best player. They ain't give you no jokes. Now, you ain't making no cars, ain't gotten blown up. You ain't make no jokes. You just got blown up. You ain't make no you hey, you let a little time slide. Now we win the gold medal. Hey, you win the gold medal. First thing you say, Hey, j T, you gotta get yours back. You ain't playing all the game.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's gonna be saying.
Speaker 2: Cause middle situation where we had guys that really didn't play in the postseason, and you know, they show up for the reserve on them, like why are you here?
Speaker 3: What you do?
Speaker 2: You must to cut the grass or you have gotten you boss up because you damn play. You know, you make fun of a situation then, but it's too wrong right now?
Speaker 3: O Joe? Oh he feeling some type of way.
Speaker 5: Now, hey, listen, they don't I don't know, man, just being around them boys. Man, now, boy, don't play now and they and they wanted they want to catch you when it's fresh right out of the oven. So it's I'm telling you, man, Katie ain't playing. Steph is a comedian. Who else we got over there? Man gonna let it fight?
Speaker 4: Oh you.
Speaker 5: Ain't ain't letting that slide.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm telling you. I can, I can, I can hear the jokes right now. I don't think if j T doesn't sub for Lebron, Steph KD. You think he's cool with that.
Speaker 2: You're talking about guys that are MVP's final MVPs.
Speaker 3: We know what Lebron represents, we know what Step feels, we know who KD is.
Speaker 2: But he said, hold on, you mean to tell me everybody else outside of those three better than me?
Speaker 3: M I can't you mean to tell him I can't get two minutes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe were up by we up bout eighteen with four minutes the left.
Speaker 3: You can't bring your boy in now.
Speaker 1: Now that's even more disrespectful.
Speaker 5: Put me in with the lad that put me in the game the last four minutes, and I ain't played all games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's it was a tough spot regardless because as JT has been a superstar player, he knows what it's like to see guys on the bench and don't get in the game. Yeah, he just never thought it would happen to him him And then, like you said, I mean, it's been a situation like, hey, you didn't like Hell, no, I ain't going in there. Hell you know I got your coach, No, I ain't going in I'm good you good, y'all got it.
Speaker 3: Y'all. Hey, y'all haven't played all this time? Y'all done, did all this? Y'all need? I ain't no no booget no, no no boogie team.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you ain't going in there garbage time. Oh man, that's messed up. He gonna he's gonna gonna play this game now listen. Now, look all that is is added pressure on him to now not everybody watching him. So when they played it the next game and Jason Tatum is in there, what you think everybody's expecting right.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You got to go in there and cut a food?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Look, we didn't need to go and do something bad. It's ouse to day because they feeling good about themselves. Oh yeah, oh yeah, we need to go ahead from the jump jump on them right away. Okay, it's a great story, kind of like did Jamaican Bob's flooding team Congratulations that gained the independence of what over decade ago?
Speaker 3: Lou all ding has been.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable because he's been financing this team out of his own pocket.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: But we're about to we about to show, uh, we about to we about to show y'all there's levels to this mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah. A couple of more years, y'all can get there, but y'all not on that level. If we're gonna show you today.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: O Joe what Oh Joe, I can see you. You got that spirit of their line, that spirit of their line. Wi Fi?
Speaker 1: Huh where it's bad.
Speaker 3: And not in a good way.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in a hotel.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in a good hotel. I'm at the Grandville. Oh I'm about to say where I'm at hotel in Orlando.
Speaker 2: You must have what you call it. You must have used the Wi Fi from a spirit. I'm using the hotel WiFi.
Speaker 5: I even paid the extra twenty five dollars for the for the fast you know that the fast connection or whatever they call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, okay, hold on, wait a minute. Did we do uh? Did we do night cap? Yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was home, I drove to I drove to Orlando this morning.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and but you knew you was gonna be on first take and you ain't share that with me. Wait, I ain't know I was on first take to this morning?
Speaker 1: You know you know you didn't.
Speaker 5: No, I promise listen Dougie Dougie Dougye didn't send me the thing. I was in the gym at six o'clock this morning, and then they sent me a reminder at nine o'clock say, oh yeah, you're on first take this mond. I said, God dog that I forgot May Yeah. I was almost late for my head because I was still in I was still in there. I was eating breakfast at ten o'clock and the thing came through. I said, what, I had to leave my food. But but you, but you knew there's the possibility that you could be on that. They had been talking to you. Oh no, they all that run through all that run through them. That was for the e of the Madden stuff.
Speaker 2: Nah, they same for no bad stuff. They asked you stuff about Tyreek. They asked you a lot of other stuff. Oh I'm sitting there watching that. Yeah, I know you watch it. That's about Madden.
Speaker 5: Did you forget it?
Speaker 3: It was that the whole so so that that was that's your first and last time being on first date, Paul. Oh no, no, I'm going back on wink.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, i'muld just make you Joe, Okay, I'm just making show. But again, let me, let me finish. I'm going back on Wednesday. But this is still related to Madden. I think it's just gonna be a different position. It might be DB's Wednesday, or it might be Quarterbacks Wednesday, and I'm on Thursday too, I think. But all of it is is based on the video and the players ratings for the new game coming out a few weeks. And you know, I shot my shot today too. I told I told him listen, y'all got me on here, and I would love to be on here a little more often.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I hope the bosses saw that, y'all would have come on, bring your boy, go on, let me know. Now they get me a first take. I'm going to get by thirty thirty seven thirty seven eleven suits made different colors with the nice matching shoes.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in your house on the box. No, I'm going in here. I'm in studio audio. It's called for hemitive because they see it, don't see yo.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, I can give me a spirit flight to New York real quick. I don't need to put nothing. Okay, I'm gonna let you have it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I pay for my hotel just get me on first take.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care you're gonna be on first If you're gonna be on first take, it's gonna be on the box.
Speaker 3: I don't. I'm not yo. I'm not even traveling to New York.
Speaker 1: See, you don't want to travel. I want to travel. I want to be in studio. I want my makeup done. I want people to see my suit, Taylor.
Speaker 3: You know they can see it.
Speaker 2: They can see my suit tailor sitting right here, just like this, right here, just like being you talking. I could have a suit on and it be Taylor, and I got short on up underneath the suit.
Speaker 5: I don't like that, you see you see callt sufficient. I can flat spirit, I can put myself up.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't need I don't need to do that. I just want to be in studio like I'm part of the show.
Speaker 3: Huh, why did you put your self up?
Speaker 1: So because I got I got married out, marriout.
Speaker 5: Points they put myself up. Hell now, no, listen, I'm just happy to be on TV.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 3: On TV?
Speaker 5: You think what do you think i'd be? Where you think that'll gonna be? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you be you like do it, you do it from home, studio. I want the whole I want I want most of them, A lot of them do it from home. I mean, there's gonna be times that they were like, Okay, we need you to come to the studio. But for the most part, oh no, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I'm a little differ because it's gonna be my first time on for I ain't never been on TV before, So I want to be I want to be in there.
Speaker 3: I want to be I want to be.
Speaker 5: Present, like when the teachers say Chad President. That's how I wanted to be.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but it was it was just it was just hard for me even leaving because I'm getting up an X amount of time and the car has to me up taking me downtown to the studio, so that's thirty five forty minutes, and then it's forty five minutes to fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: On the way back.
Speaker 2: That's an hour and a half hour, forty five minutes of doing absolutely nothing. I just don't have that kind of time to waste. And then going going to New York and putting you, putting me up and bringing my team. Ash have to come, Jordan has to come, right it's just see for you, it's a little different you have.
Speaker 5: You have a lot of moving parts in the way you operating, the way you move me, it's just me. Yeah, it's just me.
Speaker 1: I get on one of them little the little birds scooters they got, you know, on the side of the street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on my suit.
Speaker 5: Swipe, pay me a little credit card, pay a dollar for the little ride, ride to the studio, ride back to my hotel, and a little scooter.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm simple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I say. I mean, it's just me. Well, have fun with that.
Speaker 5: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. Appreciate that. Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Jaylen Brown did not take Grant Hill's recent comments about US basketball decision to replace Kawhi with Dereck White and not Brown on the man's national team for Paris Olympics. Hill said, I think this idea that it's a conspiracy theory. I always love a good conspiracy theory. But it what But it was really truly a basketball decision. There are tough decisions. You want to find the right ballance in the right pieces on the court that we needed. Jalen tweeted that Grant calling me a conspiracy theorist is disappointing. I've been VP since I was twenty one years of old and have a great understanding.
Speaker 5: Is it politics? Now, this is something that you would know. It's politics and everything it is. There is politics in everything in the world. Now when it comes to basketball and the shoe that you represent or the shoe that you're endorsed by, does that really matter? What does that have to do with anything when it comes to playing a team USA. Now that I don't understand, and you can probably educate me on that. I mean, give me another history lesson.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy guys with Nike, Step Courage, with under Armor and managed with Adidas.
Speaker 3: I think Jorland beats with Sketchers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean who is who is who is Jaylen Brown with?
Speaker 3: I think he's by himself.
Speaker 2: He was with Nike, but you know he started crossing the Nike swoosh out and he kind of I guess he's doing his own thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know who he's with.
Speaker 5: Oh so, okay, that that might that might be an issue. Now everybody got upset for internal issues, but I don't. I don't get bro.
Speaker 3: There have been a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta be something.
Speaker 3: Greg Hill says, I'm trying to find the right.
Speaker 5: Balance, Yes, sir, and it's it's it's it's it's not easy to find.
Speaker 2: The right ballance because obviously, did you hear what they said. They said the only three that did not have the trial with Steph Curry, Lebron James and Kevin Durant. You're talking about three of the most popular players. Lebron is the most popular player, Steph is number two, KD is somewhere around in the top five. Okay, you KD. This is your fourth Olympics. Lebron, this is your fourth Olympics. Steph, You've never been on the LIBIC.
Speaker 3: Hey, Bro, we love to have you. Everybody else, I mean Jalen bro come home.
Speaker 2: You get mad when Stephen they said that someone called and said he's not marketable. State your source. Well that's the source you got left at home and you're the finals MVP. You're the Eastern Conference MVP. I think I think Jaylen Brown is phenomenal. I think what he does in his community. But those are two separate things. You can see the notion of just take Ig for example. Yes, so you know there are people that got twenty in thirty and fifty million followers, and.
Speaker 3: You're like, what the hell a day? Yes, sir, you can be.
Speaker 2: A good player and not be popular. You can be popular and not a good player. Everything is not a conspiracy.
Speaker 3: What I mean? He probably thinking he got left out because it was Nike, and you know.
Speaker 5: So what would the answer be, because to me it doesn't makes sense. To me, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the whole thing he was with Nike at one point, not with Nike anymore, whatever happened internally being left off the I mean, it kind of makes sense on why, and I think he might know why.
Speaker 3: But I think the thing is O Joe. But the question is, I don't think he was in the pool to begin with. What come on?
Speaker 1: Now, you don't think so?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think they tried to find it.
Speaker 2: Look, okay, who can play around Steph Lebron and kd Okay, think about it?
Speaker 5: Any of the any of the top players.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yo, think about it. They took holiday. Why, he's a defensive guy. We need you to pick up. They might have their best player. He might be a guard. He might be six six sixty seven and below. We need you to hound him. Look at Holiday. Are there better players in the NBA than than your Holiday?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, but he fit Derek White fits.
Speaker 1: From a defensive from a defensive standpoint.
Speaker 3: And but here's the thing, this is what I want to know. Chat y'all chime in with this.
Speaker 2: If that had what had happened to Jason Tatum had happened to Jaylen Brown, how would have handled it?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm Yeah, I see that look on your faith, O, Joe.
Speaker 1: You think you would have complained?
Speaker 3: I'm asking you not just post the question to you.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think he would have brought the attention to himself or the attention to himself. Now, yeah, because because he was he was left out, left off, and he feels he was worthy of an opportunity.
Speaker 2: He gets added as quiet replacement and he doesn't play a single dribble. He gonna keep quiet like Jason Tatum and going to the next game.
Speaker 3: Yes or no.
Speaker 1: I don't know that man personally. I just just to be honest, I can't even answer for him.
Speaker 3: You do, so, you don't? You don't know that he's talking about conspiracy theories and he don't know why he's not on there, But you have to understand the situation would be a little different if you're he's complaining about not being on the team.
Speaker 5: Not being on the team and being in Paris and complaining about not getting no minutes. It's two different things. I don't think so it's too too totally completed. Well, at least the finals.
Speaker 3: MVP. You got a contract for three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that's tough. Though, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I Oh, you don't think.
Speaker 2: You don't think hold on, you don't think it's tough being one of the best NBA players and you don't take your warm up jacket off and y'all win by twenty six.
Speaker 3: You don't think that's tough. Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: Hey, but you got to choose your battles, baby, That's that's game number two. Choose your battles, Choose your battles wisely.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 5: He't got to think tateor got so many more Olympics to hit too.
Speaker 3: I think, man, Jay bre is only a year older, and they're gonna be in it. They're gonna be They're gonna be in LA.
Speaker 2: So they're the likelihood of Steph and Lebron and KD and I could it could I mean K KD and Steph could still be playing.
Speaker 3: I think Lebron will be gone.
Speaker 2: I don't think Lebron is gonna probably I think Lebron gonna probably play what this will be? Twenty two, probably play twenty three, twenty four, I mean play that, But I don't want to I don't want to put it out there that says, well, go ahead.
Speaker 1: With Lebron his son Bryce? When is his son Bryce in an NBA?
Speaker 3: What year Brice?
Speaker 2: What a junior in high school? Is Bryce a junior or senior in high school this year? I think Bron is like two years he's he's a junior, so that means he has a junior year, a sophomore year, a one year of college. So that's three years from now.
Speaker 5: So you don't think you don't think Ron.
Speaker 3: Nah? I think I think he got what he wanted was the play with Bronni with Bron Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he imagined it like this right right right with his with his with his on the same team, But to be in the NBA and my son is in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Like, think about that, like real quick chat. Think about that. I can't think of anybody in the chat. If you play NBA two K, imagine you being lebron Imagine being Bronnie and turning on your PS five, turning on your your Xbox, and you go to play NBA two K and you get to play with you and your sony y'all sitting there playing against each other or playing with it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's oh, that's crazy. Bryce is a senior ojo. He's a senior, so he'll be in the class of twenty twenty five. So he's two years away from joining the NBA.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, Oh that's crazy. That's so dope. And some people some people upset about it.
Speaker 5: Some people are upset about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's the whole objective is that for the first time, we're normally First of all, we're not we're not normally in a position to even create nepotism. So finally somebody that looks like us from our community is in a situation. That's why they do all the time. Yeah, Andy Reid had his sons on his staff. Yeah, Mike Shannon had had his son on his staff. I mean Bill Belichick had his son on his staff. Don't nobody say a word. Yeah, Now, all of a sudden, lebron On have it has the kind of power and the cash shape. Now it's a problem more people. I wish, Hey, I wish I had the kind of power that I could put my people in places.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm thinking about it. After my kids told me what they make, and I'm like, well, damn, what we got to see? They they they what they've done is that they've convinced us that if we help our kid or we help someone that looks like us, it's a bad thing.
Speaker 3: If we bought it, we bought it. Yeah mm hm, we have that's what.
Speaker 5: Okay. Yeah, and listen in the sports world, in the corporate world, they do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Always, Hey, what if the eighty eighty five percent of the jobs that get feeled never get listed?
Speaker 3: Hey, such and such? What you do a you know, my job? They died there hired? Mm hmm, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 2: But they've convinced us that if we help our family, we help our kids, or a human someone a friend or relative.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you can't do that all the time.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And I don't like to see I don't like to see leave and I think, oh man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But but the thing is, do I think Jason JB should have been Yes?
Speaker 2: Once you think Kawhi because Kawhi basically played the same position as JV. I'm not arguing. I'm not we're not arguing that right, But bro, I mean if you, if you live long enough.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be some opportunities mm hm that maybe you were more qualified for for anybody else.
Speaker 1: With the somebody else. It happens, happens all the time.
Speaker 3: It's called the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and life, life, life.
Speaker 2: Hopefully knock on wood he stays healthy. In twenty twenty eight, the Olympics are in l A, and JB and JT might dab in the heartup. They gonna go dumb because there's a good chance that the big three that there now KD, Lebron and Steph won't be there.
Speaker 3: Because KD got to be And you're like eighteen, isn't he.
Speaker 6: N KD?
Speaker 3: And you're eighteen two thousand? Yeah, that's eighteen, guy, Lee, Yes, And I st Steph came out what in ten oh nine? So Steph is and you're sixteen.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even it doesn't it seem like it doesn't doesn't even like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, people don't realize that, Yes, KD Year eighteen, your season eighteen. That's crazy, it is, But it's tough. I think the thing is what's toughest for JB. He's like nobody. But it goes back to the Isaiah situation. You see now everybody gets to see how y'all pumping up Isaiah. How y'all was pumping up JB. But y'all was pooping on well what you call him? Didn't want him on the team. You see now, Jack Jack McCallum wrote a book that said, the first thing that reached out to to Jordan. Jordan says, who all gonna be on the team? Such a such gonna be on the team. I'll go if he doesn't because Isaiah had a Finals MVP. Isaiah was a multiple time All NBA player. He was a multiple time All Star. He was a National Champ Most Outstanding Player. He was supposed to go in eighty but they boycotted so he didn't get an opportunity to go, and he got denied. Everybody knows it doesn't matter what if you like or dislike. Everybody knows why Isaiah wasn't on that team.
Speaker 3: It was better.
Speaker 2: He was better than John Stockton, right and him and stop stop this notion. Well he didn't fit.
Speaker 3: What you mean.
Speaker 5: You heard me?
Speaker 1: Huh? Man, Jordan and Isaiah need to squash that man. Life is never gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying. I'm just saying that they need to us and somebody need to be the bigger man. I'm not sure who it would be, but he to squashed that man.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It ain't especially I'm.
Speaker 3: Telling you the little bit that I know about Jordan. He's a very prideful man.
Speaker 2: And it was it was Look and everybody say, well the Pistons walked off, but go back and look at eighty eight. If you go back and look when when the Pistons beat the Celtics, Hm, they left the court. Nobody said a word. But I think the thing had Bill Lambert left the court. Jordan didn't give a damn about no Bill Lambert. He said, Isaiah, you I shook your hand when you kicked my ass two three times?
Speaker 3: Give me that. But Isaiah said, we the bad boy Piston with one for one. It's one for all. HM.
Speaker 2: Look, I know Isaiah a little bit better than I know Jordan. Isaiah's always been great to me. Jordan, when I've met him, he's always been great to me. So I don't really have no dog in a fight, but I know this. Isaiah should have been on that Olympic team. No matter what you think about Isaiah, he should let it go. That's still that Ain't nothing ne can do about it now, O Joe, because he never what I feel. And that's the and he knows that's the only piece of his resume that's that's incomplete, gold medal. He's like, I'm a champion in college, I'm a champion in the NBA. Nah, I'm a finals I'm I'm Isaiah, I'm Zeke.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. But it's tough.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing is is that that you know, the Jaylen Brown situation. I think Grant was trying to make a lot of the situations like, man, it ain't nothing really going on, he says, but not like a good conspiracy theory, and and and Jalen says, well, you're not taking you're not taking me serious because you think this is kind of some kind of a joke, and it is. I mean, like, why wouldn't I be on the team given what I had accomplished?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And how how you go politics? And every day thad it ain't just happened with Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: If I'm him, I'm gonna sit back and like, you know what. I got an Eastern Conference, I got a lad Bird Award. I got the Bill Russell of Ward, two guys that that are beloved, that are mythical in my organization. I got three hundred million and I got a I got a I got a twelve piece on my own.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you couldn't hit man, You couldn't hit me if I had all that going on. I just I won the lab Bird Award, which is Eastern Conference MVP, the Bill Russell Award, which is the Finals MVP.
Speaker 3: I got a I just the last year.
Speaker 2: I got a three hundred plus million dollar contract, which I'm living up to.
Speaker 3: And I got a lady that looked like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you straight?
Speaker 3: Huh what hey?
Speaker 1: Trying to trying to complete the resume. It's not enough.
Speaker 2: See Oh yo, man, you know I know, Oh Joe, do you know how many times that I thought that I should have went to the Pro Bowl because I look at my numbers, and my numbers were better, my team record was better.
Speaker 3: And I didn't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, politics, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would it look better Shannon Sharp fourteen years or ten time?
Speaker 3: What did it call it?
Speaker 5: Pro Bowl?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 5: Pro Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Double digit? It ain't a whole lot of guys it got double digit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's hard, Bron, that's consistency.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I'd say, Hey, maybe some people thought that I went early in my career, that I didn't deserve to go and pay right, right, It's hard to say that when you look at my numbers, because every year, if you were tied into AFC, you wasn't going unless being on myself, pulled out right and you were nice, Hey man, I'm the first alternate take off.
Speaker 1: That's lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh shoe. You think I wanted to fly from atlet I wanted to fly from Georgia. That's a ten hour and twelve minute flight direct from at Atlanta to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Or if you break it up, you gotta fly.
Speaker 2: To Sandy back, then you flew to San Diego, you flew to la or you flew to San Francisco. You waited two and a half hours and then you went, so it's still it took you five hours to get there, two and a half hours, three hour wait, and then another three.
Speaker 3: Hours on there, so you're still over ten hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I get I don't want people to think that I don't understand what that j what JB is feeling, because you could have all that.
Speaker 5: But I still think I earned, not that I deserved. I think I earned the right.
Speaker 1: To be on this team.
Speaker 2: I feel I'm one of the twelve best players that could have been selected to be on this team.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely