Speaker 1: Merryfield, hits the shelf, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me Joey p Jo Pi's appear with me as always as Chris Welsh, the Welsh, the Welsh, the One, the Only Welsh. And today we've got one more week to the All Star Game. The little bit of a break in the action, but we're still going hard. We're going ahead it, baby, don't worry about it. Still lots going on. We're gonna talk about the rest of the All Star rosters today, the winners and losers from this week's stats. We've had injuries as always, and some fun facts, all kinds of fun things. It's a fun Monday. Everyone says Friday is fun, but no, no Welsh, We're making Monday fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, We're gonna make a new trend. It's like, oh on Monday, having massive anxiety on Sunday night because Monday and entire work weeks ahead. Everybody's doing okay, right.
Speaker 1: It's fine, yeah, fun Monday, fun day.
Speaker 2: I like what you said. By the way, the one, the Only Chris Welsh, even though technically there is exactly another Chris Welsh in baseball who is a famous baseball pitcher, and I'm a nobody famous, but I am the one and only, well Chris Welsh a Reds pitcher in the announce and he's an announcer. I guess he was a famous padres and he's an announcer.
Speaker 1: I think you're more famous than that. I bet you have more Twitter followers than that.
Speaker 2: Dude, definitely not. I'm gonna go look, there's no way that's uh, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: I guess is that the standard of famous. I guess Instagram is really the standard of famous.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, yeah, you know he doesn't have his I mean, I'm I'm almost about eleven, but he's a twenty two. So so far that pitcher wins.
Speaker 1: Wow. If I have more than he does and he ain't famous, so that that's that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Count your famous shoe.
Speaker 1: That's right in my own mind. Let's get to the headlines here. Let's start with Carlo Santana. He was so smooth this week and I actually did the Waiver Wire video. He was one of the guys I like, look, Carlo Santana was like pluck him off the waiver wire. Since he's been in Seattle, he's he's getting on base. I mean, the power was falling behind a little bit, but you know, he's a little older player still. But this weekend that's some big flies and the win over Toronto, so that power starting to come around too. So maybe they made an adjustment. I don't know, but things are looking better for Carlo Santana, and I think he was rostered in like fifteen percent of league. Is something ridiculous like that. Wilmer Flores goes deep twice and win over San Diego. Trevor's story drove in three as the Red Sox beat the Yankees. I know Mike Mayer was very happy about that. We had Corey Lee lead the Astros past the A's. On Sunday, the Braves acquired Robinson Cano from the Padres for cash. So there's your big left handed bat. If you're the Braves, right, well, she gotta be super excited about that, Robin.
Speaker 2: They also, the Braves are doing weird stuff, by the way, just not that everybody's gonna care. But so the Braves acquiring Robinson Cano is like I was looking around, I'm like, am I missing something? I'm missing what's going on. But then they also moved one of their top ish prospects, Drew Waters this morning in a trade to the Royals in a three team trade c J Alexander Waters and I'm forgetting the third piece for the thirty fifth pick in this weekend's MLB draft because you can trade compensatory picks, you can't trade the actual picks. So they're just making a bunch of odd moves, moving three prospects for a pick or potential money. They're getting Robinson Cano, who, I mean, I don't know where the fit is. I don't know what any team is thinking, like when the patter's acquired him, Like, what's what are we doing? What are we doing with Robinson Cano? What fastest? Like Carlos Santana actually like really good teammate. He's been known for years and years and years as like this great clubhouse leader and stuff like that. I don't know that Robinson Cano plays that role like at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Drew Waters as a player that's been floating around that system for a long time, though, I mean I think he's kind of They passed this expiration date as a prospect a little bit.
Speaker 2: Or no, Well, no, no, I mean he's still young. He was actually involved. I just talked about the other day. He was involved in the I keep forgetting his name. Remember the controversy with the GM who was with Kevin Myton controversy where Kevin Myton was given like a hot a condo in Florida and a bunch of money and he was paying people under the table. Drew Waters was actually part of that where he had like promised a certain amount of money. But he was one of the few that didn't get kicked off the team. Christian Bettencourt was another one of those who's now with the Rays. But yeah, Waters only twenty three years old, like Wonky, just put in there and you know, a little bit of injuries, lack of major production. But you know, getting closer, Drew Waters could probably come up and place him outfield for the Royals right now.
Speaker 1: Well they might need him to because what Murfield is going to be on the IL for several weeks with the toe injury. Great terrific grand But before we get to more on then, you know, let's let's do a couple other notes here. Albert Poole say this six hundred and eighty fourth home run so congratulations to mister Pooles. Austin Riley another homer that was two on the weekend. So Joey p got a couple dingers, very nice. I like, is good. Still not on the board though, I'm just missing the board. I'm tied there with everybody else. But here are the injuries. Starling Marte Groin likely to avoid the il so, I mean, we'll see what that's all about. Brian Reynolds exits with discomfort in his right side. That's never a good thing. Well, the All Star break coming, you have some extra time there. We'll see what happens. But with Maryfield, this is the one I want to come back to. It's been a really disappointing season. I acquired him early in the year on that first slump, and I was hoping he would turn things around. There was a little bit of a run where he did. And now the injury and several weeks no boy, oh you got Wander Franco also over the weekend too. I mean it was gonna miss several weeks. So this is a problem certainly for the Raised offense as well. Well. Also no trade value anymore for the Royals. And then Wander Franco. I mean, this is an offense. It can't afford to lose anybody, So losing Wonder Franco for an extent appeared also not good for the race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the Franco trade is like the biggest one that we should be on here. But the whit Maryfield one. He is fascinating because, like you said, it's really on the precipice of like, is he gonna be able to return with any trade deadline that's still out there. That's what I'm really worried about, because the Royals seemed like they were really looking to start unloading some of those pieces and he was probably gonna be at the center of it. So looks like Andrew Benintendi will probably first. I know that there's a couple of teams I'm forgetting. The main one was the Mets that are kicking tires around Andrew benin Tendi. And then if Waight can come back with any time or I mean they can still trade him even if he's injured. He's gonna come back shortly, but his trade value just took a little smack, which is brutal.
Speaker 1: No good, no Boyne. Now, all right, let's talk about the rest of the All Star Game. Guys, we already did the starters last week. Who he knew we're gonna be the starters, the starting pitchers, though, we'll go with let's start with the American League. You're gonna have Shane McClanahan, No Doy, Justin Verlander, Alec Manoa, Nesser Cortez, Garrett cole o'tani as the pitcher. So we'll see how that happens. Paul Blackburn, much to the dismay, I want me say that again, Paul Blackburn an All Star. You like that, Mike Mayer, you like that. I know everybody gets one, but still.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, all Star. Joe Mantiply is also a All Star.
Speaker 1: Martin Perez is an All Star, so is fran Barvaldez. The relievers are Clay Holmes, Emmanuel Classe, Jorge Lopez, Gregory Soto. Those are the guys. The reserves for the American League Arise Trevino, Andres Semenez, Jose Ramirez, Xander Boguards Byron Bucks and your boy did make the All Star team. Congratulations to Buxton and you Welsh, Kyle Tucker, George Springer, Andrew Benintendi, Julio thank Goodness, made the All Star Team in Jordan Alvarez. Fun fact, Andre Semenez made the All Star Team, but Francosco Lindor did not. Does that enrage Mets fans? You think.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a Mets fan. Sure, I gotta tell you I'm not in you know, you know, maybe I'm a lack of fun here, not the party fun guy of All Star games. I don't get excited about this stuff. I don't get worked up. But man, Dylan c Ston making it is It's relatively wild that you can't get Dylan Ceason here, like Paul Blackburn is an All Star and Cease isn't. Like I completely understand the everybody team, which is dumb by the way, it's one of the dumber again, it's it's a dumb thing. No, it doesn't. Everybody doesn't need to be on there. Do you think diamondback fans are gonna come in droves to where their Joe Mantiply jerseys and be excited that a relief pitcher got in? Is there one guy? No, they're not, And it completely takes away from Dylan Ceese, who is well Manipla doesn't. But the whole process of it. Like with Blackburn takes Away. It's the dumbest thing on the planet. I hate it, but I don't get too investive. But that would be the one thing I look at this and.
Speaker 1: I go, yeah, Dylan season. I'm sure he'll end up on the team. Somebody will opt out or something. Yeah, I agree, it always does. I think he will get on elected starters we already know for the National League, but the reserves, Travis Darnault, Pete Alonzo, CJ. Crow. I hope both those guys are in the derby. That'd be fun. Jeff McNeil made the All Star team. Also, no one aeronauto of course, just missed the starting gig. Dancey Swanson, Kyle Schwarber, well deserving Stirling Marte. We'll see if he plays in it, Jule, and so do Ian Happ and William Contreras. So there you go. He's gonna start apparently with the brother We're going to be out. Yeah, the brothers in the All Star Game. Bro, brothers got to start, don't they usually? Is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Don't they usually have the home run Derby participants like listed or am I just creating usually.
Speaker 1: This week like we're gonna start getting them. I think in a couple of days. Okay.
Speaker 2: I just figured we would have like the names floating around, like a guy or two had already agreed, like we've heard nothing.
Speaker 1: I think typically they've let the it's usually during the week now, because I think first you have to name all the guys so people know already if they're going there already that they're gonna participate, because it takes a lot for somebody to participate. Isn't an all Star And sometimes you do get that, like the guys like yeah, I'll do the derby, like I'll come fly.
Speaker 2: I just felt like I felt like we had one of those things where it was like Otani had agreed to do it like three weeks before, and we had this big build up to it, like we're like a week.
Speaker 1: Out, so I don't know, we'll show Heyani special though yeah He's like, yeah, sure, I would she always do. Only just wants to play baseball. I think what I got? I pitch? Can I hit? Can I manage? You're that?
Speaker 2: When you're that good, I don't blame it.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him. Sandel Contra is that good. He's probably gonna start the All Star Game, Corbyn Burns, Joe Musgrove, Max Free, Tony Gonson, Luis Castillo made the All Star Team. Nobody would have thought that. In April. Uh, Clayton Kershaw made it, Josh Hater, Edwin Diaz, Ryan Helsey Bedner, and Joe Mantiple Joe Mantiply. Is it Manti Mantiply? You know what?
Speaker 2: So I have this been? I think I confused me. I think it is. I think it's man. I think it's actually Mantipley, But I uh, he sat Joe. I was doing like a It's like a SpongeBob character of the villains, you know, like the aqua Joe Mantiply like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't die, I Mantiply.
Speaker 2: He'll be an aquaman too. But yeah, is that it's actually men tip Ley?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So you don't me by the way, because no one knows him.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Alex Carr was pissed about Zach Wheeler fifth among MLB starters in War uh, and also Aaron Nola, sixth of the month MLB pitchers in War. Both of them did not miss make the All Star Team, so I can understand a little frustration there. But the National League pitching has been so good it's hard to argue any of that.
Speaker 2: You know, Mantipley going in over wheelers.
Speaker 1: You can argue, well, that's the thing is like you can have these more relievers and everybody gets somebody. So there you go. Man, Tipty, I'm gonna be I can make a really inappropriate joke, but I won't. Let's get to the next bit here. Fun facts. Highest slugging percentage in the seventh inning or later. Aaron Judge is number one, Hunter renfro Is at seven point thirty, Aaron Judge at seven sixty one, Josh Naylor on this list, and Jazz Chisholm, Bryce Harper, Kevin Bigio, and Manny Margo. I just thought that was an interesting thing. Slugging percentage in the seventh inning or later. Is that a stat that means absolutely nothing to you? Or do you think, yeah, in late innings guys who show up with big hits and powerful hits, that that does kind of matter to you.
Speaker 2: Ah Man, that's like a loaded question. I don't want to I don't want to dismiss it like it's absolutely nothing. It's a super weird like in the seventh inning, or later. Picking that is kind of odd. It's a good list of names. I guess it shows you know that clutch if you will, Joe, that clutch gene in there. But I don't know. You see Marco and Cavin Bigio, like, do they change their approach in the ladder half of games? I mean Bigio has struggled. I know he's been decent as of recent but I don't know. I don't think. I guess at the end of the day, I don't really take anything away from it. I think it's cool that it's good. Maybe there's a little clutch in there. Maybe latter half of games. You know, if they are a little bit more consistent and they're going to be hitting hard, maybe you can count on that. But what does that really get you. You're not gonna be like, well, because Kevin Bigio is it is the fifth best slugging in the seventh inning or later. I'm very comfortable with him now in my line up because I know I'll get that late hit. Like, No, I don't really think it's a lead up to much.
Speaker 1: I think it's more indicative about relief pitching, Like you know, yeah, I mean, these are the guys who feast on bad relief pitching. That would be my takeaway. Yeah, maybe you know, seventh inning or later, you get some of these guys sometimes in mop up duty or what have you. This day in baseball nineteen eighty nine, Bo Jackson and Wade Boggs lead off the bottom of the first ending went back to back homers off Rick Russell to spark the American League to a five to three win. In the All Star Game. That was in nineteen eighty nine. Bo Jackson won the MVP that year. True story, This is nineteen eighty nine. This is the year that I went to the Hall of Fame. It was the year it was Johnny bench On Crolos Streemsky going in. If memory serves, my parents took me to the Hall of Fame. It was an amazing weekend of baseball. And then we came back and I turned on the All Star Game. I got home right when it started. I turned it on and Bo Jackson hit the home run. True story, Washington, this is a very memory for me.
Speaker 2: Did you see this wild tweet? This was from who is this? Josh Vernier who is an inside a radio insider for the Kansas City Royals, and he did. I don't, I mean, I don't understand this sometimes. But five hundred and eleven games with Kansas City, Bo Jackson one hundred and eighty nine extra base hits, two fifty three h eight four eighty uh slugging in twenty ten played appearances five hundred and eleven games of Kansas City. Hundred Dozer one hundred and eighty nine extra base hits two forty five three fourteen four thirty seven slash line in twenty seventeen played appearances essentially saying hundred dozer in bo Jackson, where the are the exact same player, five hundred and eleven games with the Royals. That's where we're at nowadays. That's that to me, that's very similar to your seventh inning slugging or later.
Speaker 1: Well, this is this is dumb. Like what I mean, it's a very different era of baseball. Number one, number two, uh. Bo Jackson was still played football at the same time in octobers of like maybe.
Speaker 2: Under Dozer plays a long darts.
Speaker 1: I mean, I always wonder if bo Jackson had only just played baseball, he hadn't gone back and forth, what he would have developed into. And look, Dojer is a nice player. I like Hunter Doser, but I mean that's the kind of stuff where he's It's like you could cherry pick stats and compare guys and make a case that this guy is Bo Jackson. I mean Bo Jackson also made incredible plays defensively that people could not believe he had an incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do's not I think it's I think though the point they like to do is talk about the overrated ness of of players, which maybe to the football said, how many football baseball players did we have? We had Dion bo Brian Jordan. Do we have others that were playing at the same time or like even Cross was Dion? It was Brian Jordan and Bo Jackson.
Speaker 1: James did Heja Doser play football and baseball? I want to say he was one of those guys too, if it could be wrong, but yeah, I mean those of Brian Jordan was a good to another fantastic athlete. But specialization is something you're never probably gonna see again. Trivia Question of the Day. Manny Machado is the second third baseman selected to the All Star Game in each league, who was the first, who was the first third baseman selected to the American League and the National League. If you think you know the answer, subscribe to Fancy Bros MLB. Drop the answer in the chat. Let's see how smart jar. But yeah, this was a fun little trivia question. And yes it's a player from somewhat recent I will give you a hint. This is a player from the seventies and eighties, but a well known player at that. So I will say that not a Hall of Famer, but definitely an All Star and definitely somebody that was pretty well known. I would say, let's get to the stat heroes over the weekend. Taiwan Walker seven k's but unfortunately lost to Sandy al Contra, who was better. Alex Woods seven k's, no earned eight k's. Jacob Derizi back seven k's seven innings for him. Carlos Rodon twelve k's and nine he was spectacular. Another good star from Kershall with ten k's. You Darvish six k's and seven Redebtmers your boy seven k's. That's a big output for him in six innings. That's enough for the rest of the month for Redebtmers. Luis Castillo eight k's and seven want earn run. Blake Snell with a good start one earned eleven k's for him and Zach Wheeler no. Earned seven innings five k's. How about Blake Snell. What's your confidence level on him now start to start? Does that change? You feel pretty confident about Snell going forward second half?
Speaker 2: I don't, Actually I don't. I'm turning the page on him as I've been working through ranks. He just progressively is kind. I mean, this is a really great outing. It's moving a little bit lower. There's also been a lot of trade rumors. I don't know if you saw this, that the Padres are looking around. I think that's probably changed a decent amount with Mackenzie Gore breaking out or breaking apart a little bit, but that they were looking for some outfield help, maybe an impact bat, and Blake Snell might be one of those. I just don't. I think he's moved out of a tier. But you know, I think for the most part you can be relatively okay with putting him out there. But I'm less confident than I was at the beginning of the season, for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't see any guesses so far in the chat for the third base question for All Stars Guys All Star third baseman for the National League, in the American League, this is not so hard to see.
Speaker 2: Any other hints.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll give you one more hint. This player he played for the Yankees. He played for the Yankees. That was one of the one of the All Star appearances.
Speaker 2: In fact two, let me guess did he play for one of the Yankees.
Speaker 1: That's three. That's three far leaves today we'll see how with the over under Lesard, So over Richard. Here are some of the hitters that were good. Chris Bryant finally three home runs. Look at that, all solo shots. But again, beggars can't be choosers. Three dingers for Carlos Santano over the weekend, same for Wilmer Flores. Corey Seeger has been red hot since I acquired him. You're welcome, General Public six for nine, six RBI, Matt Carpenter seven for nine with two home runs, Austin Riley six for fourteen and all only Austin Riley the two home runs, five ribies won Soto five for ten with two homers as well. Then the stat zeros Eric Fetti eight earned runs, no boy no in three earned three innings. Excuse me, Mackenzie Gore Welsh love this line. Three innings, eight earned runs. Love.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a cause it's like a little part of me that's just like, uh.
Speaker 1: Is he breaking a partner? Was that at McKenzie going eight run Shane Boss seven earned runs? Connor Sebold was not bold. He had seven earned runs as well in two and two thirds. Paul Blackburn Yes, six earned runs given up at four innings for the All Star. David Smeltzer seven earned runs, He was not good. Martin Perez six earned runs, seven hits, three k's. Hope he sold high on Martin Perez because we tried to tell you lastly. Franmil Reyes three for fourteen with eight k's, Patrick Wisdom two for ten with seven Judge Rough Weekend three for fifteen, six k's. We're getting a little shaky on the judge MVP as Otani continues to be red hot. Is the worm turning here? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Could it be? Safety?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I don't know why you're asking me, like, yeah, you and I have thought that. I think we're in that space where it's like this is just gonna be Otani. Judge's got to keep an insane pace. I think especially he's got to keep a pace of like sixty plus homers to be in this like minus. He's the favorite, He's the unanimous favorite. Oh my god, it's Jaron Jee. That's a really really tough, almost maybe impossible, sustainable pace with this day in baseball that he's going to be over sixty. So yeah, sure, any little slump is going to start moving those lines a whole bunch. He's still in conversation, of course, probably gonna be. I probably still the favorite. We haven't done our daily MVP. Look, but it's it's still Otani.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I agree. I think this is your last chance if you want to get on the Otani wagon. Cedric Mullens two for fourteen, five k's and Brendan Nimo with a bad week, even though he was instrumental in that victory for the Mets. He is one for fourteen over the week, that one with a home run, but a beautiful day too. My favorite player of all time. There he is Keith Hernandez. Hence the seventeen in my Twitter handle. There he is starting line up, Keith Hernandez. I'm Keith Hernandez. Look at that they finally retired his number. You know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw it. You don't. You don't collect cards or anything. But they have this cute tops. They have these tops now moments they have a Keith Hernandez like acceptance card. I just saw it yesterday and I thought, of you, maybe I'll get Maybe I'll try to get one for you.
Speaker 1: That would be lovely. I it would be nice. All right, here you go. Since everybody seems completely perplexed by this, No it's not Charlie Hayes, No it's it's not again. But suddenly somebody did get it, Visirisiges. I got it. Craig Nettles. Creig Nettles. There you go in nineteen seventy five and nineteen eighty with the Yankees, in nineteen eighty five with the Padres. So there you have it. Creig Nettles, former captain. You gotta love it. The Yankees traded Craig Nettles when he was captain. Let that sink in. Captain of the team gets traded. George Steinbrenner of the seventies and eighties, magnificent. We can only wish George Steinberner had Twitter. I can't even imagine what that would have been like it'd be so great. All right, let's get to the home run board. See what the updates are from the weekend. Again, I got closer to the board. Austin Riley did his job. I'm very pleased, but unfortunately high cobbies still at the highest at thirty four. Mike Mayor's at twenty eight. He's still there. He is fifth here on this board. I'm at twenty five, so I haven't made the board yet. So we'll get what more twenty six, maybe I get back on that board. But Welsh, I don't see your name here.
Speaker 2: You're not holding out, you're not good.
Speaker 1: Well bargain what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I don't know what I'm doing. Like Mayor's absolutely snarky ass comment from earlier where he goes because this is a baseball when I asked, hey, why would you ask me because I'm so tim Otani because it's a baseball podcast, Welsh, That's why he's asking, why don't you pull that? Why don't you pull that snarky ass comment up and put it out see that? So I obviously don't know where I'm at. So I'm not going to be on the board because I don't make calls, so any more snarky.
Speaker 1: Mayor Yeah, I mean there's a little.
Speaker 2: Bit up there. I don't know where I'm at, he says, that's why he's asking me a baseball question. Joe, don't ask me baseball questions. I don't know where we are right now. I'll never get on this.
Speaker 1: We are now.
Speaker 2: I am something.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good. That's good. I like salty wash. All right, let's go to bet MGM, the king of sports books. Right now. Bet ten dollars, win two hundred. There's still time on any game, regardless of the outcome. And then you can they get two hundred dollars and put it all on a Tani for MVP and win a lot more. Go to betmgm app or betmgm dot com. Use the promo code leading off. It's his crucial part leading off. One word, that's the promo code again, that's bet MGM. Bet responsibly bet with leading off today. I know it's a tough assignment for the Cardinals, but I like these plus money things you're getting. And you know, if Aaron Nola isn't quite perfect today, Paul Goldschmidt at one and a half total bases at plus one twenty plus one twenty five. Those are really good hitters. I know it's a tough matchup, but it's big plus money. Rapfield Neverest total bases against Tampa today at plus one ten Max Freed four and a half is the strikeout total. I know the juice is minus one sixty, but again, he's gonna hit You don't or do no?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: I like it? Oh my god, listen. Yeah, minus one sixty is a lot. Pair it with something else, put it in a parlay. Just this is your lock because the Mets are gonna strike out five times in the first three innings, so a lot. And then Max schus are on the other side of this game seven and a half. That's a higher number. It's plus one oh five for the over. I would take the plus. He's had a little extra day rest. Two sure'sers. You know she's come off. I want to say, eleven strikeouts right against the Reds last time, just saying, Sure's are looks pretty good here. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, I mean it's against Atlanta. So, like we've talked about in the past, there's only we only have so many certain games on these props because these props are bonkers and nuts right now totally that you've got Shane McClanahan on strikeouts, you always play it. I think you've got ceased for the most part, you always play it. Strider is moving into that where you always play it. And like elite elite hitters at plus money, you take those. What's the other one right there? Atlanta? You go again, You take pictures on Atlanta's strikeouts are usually going to be high numbers, and for an elite picture like Shuzer, it's a pretty good number. Atlanta has honed in just a tiny bit and over the last three they've only struck out seven, averaging seven times a game. But they are still third worst in baseball, one of only three teams striking out nine times per game with the Angels in Pittsburgh. So yes, I very much do like always like Shuser, I've also got just a couple, you know, to your point where it's funny, I think the books are actually looking at this because you're like, hey, look, Aeronauto and gold Smith both plus money on total basis, which I actually think is saying that they think Nola is going to be doing some business. But Nola's got a low strikeout marker at five and a half because it's against Cardinals who don't strike out. So I like Aaron Nola's strikeout. Something's got to bend here, and the books might be teetering just a tiny bit more towards Nola. He's hit it five straight. I've had six or more strikeouts if you don't count the last game, which I think was against the Nationals where he had three. He had had six strikeouts or more pretty much to the entire month last time. And then you know, Chris Bryant's been hot as hell BVP. I'm taking his total base marker one and a half over those. Aaron Nola and Chris Bryant my two favorite of the day. And I really like that freed one you had.
Speaker 1: Now today on the DFS slate is no point, No, I hate this slate and this this happens. I would say once every couple months where I do this and I've and Mayor knows this. I just like, don't play like I'm going nowhere near this. It's it's poop. It's terrible, and I'll tell you why it's terrible, because I don't like any of the matchups. You've also got Colorado and play. So whenever you have Colorado and play the Blacky things can go on too. You have some terrible pictures we're talking like, you know, like the Spencer Howard's, Alex Faedo, Daniel Lynchrad like, so you can just go all in on offense if you want to do it. And the other problem is then you have Nola and Miles michael Is going against each other. Sure's are a max free going against each other. So you have the four outcome games. So the pictures I like are all going against each other today anyway, So if you want to go in on this and do it, that's fine. And Manaia, who's another picture you might like? He's pitching in Colorado, So that's a lot to ask to. I don't feel great about Alex Cobb, Like, this is a slate that you're probably just gonna let your money on fire. So I would recommend not playing it. But if you do want to play it tonight, I would say you have to pick a side in the Mets Braves game in terms of one of those pictures to get it right, and then probably just load up on hitting as much as you can and go with one of these secondary arms like Alex Cobbo's seven to four on DK and just hope that he gets a win at home against the Diamondbacks. That's probably the best thing to do. Or you put Schurzer or Freed with Miles Michaelis and the oppo win at home against the Phillies. That's the only other way to do it. But I'm telling you right now, it's a tough one. Welsh. What are your thoughts, any thoughts on this slave for tonight? Because I hate it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm with you, especially because you know I'm less of a DFS guy than anything else. If you're in a place where you're like, I'm not doing this, I don't want I don't want to be involved either. You know something interesting, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I have a good point here too. Well, the Crown and Bryant not in the lineup, then Manaia might be actually more startable. But again, it's Colorado, so there is a huge risk there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I didn't even see and I'm even still looking. I'm still not seeing the paternity. I'm still not even seeing it.
Speaker 1: But well, busy, I got the trivia question right, So anything he says now is.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm not doubting. I'm not doubting, so obviously the bets that you're gonna want to take that bet off. But that might also make me need to change my home run call here for a minute.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll give you some time to fill a buster about that.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: Ah, Well you should change it because it looks like I know I was out today. I'm going with Manny Machado. I'm in Colorado. I'm gonna stick with that again. So is it, Urina? Why don't you come take many matchatdo with me. We'll see how that goes. Or you got that sounds pretty good to you.
Speaker 2: I'm actually you know what I was gonna I need to change it. I was going to take Coziers, but I don't like Mayor anymore, so I don't want to be associated with him, so I need to take I'm gonna take JD. Martinez. We're gonna do that. I will not associate myself that type of I was gonna take it because he's the b VP player of the day, He's got the highest home run.
Speaker 1: If you took the same player, if you took Oose there like, isn't that more upsetting like you could. You could just kind of rub it into his face like yeah, I'm just gonna take wherever you take, and you know, and then eventually you up to Mayor and then pass him. See that's what you say.
Speaker 2: Well, now see I would have to take well, actually, you know what would it would do? It would be like me taking Buckston. It would be like me taking but I'd have to take a player that he doesn't believe in that I like, essentially anybody that I like that Mayor doesn't that I can't play the same plays as him, but I'm gonna take. I'm gonna go with Jady Martinez pretty good VP versus Whistley today.
Speaker 1: That's that's fair enough. There, that's fair enough. All right. So there you have it. Those are the home run calls. Everything going on. Make sure you subscribe to Fancy Rose MLB. We still got the videos coming out for the Bilow so Hi, we got the waiverro wire, we got everything. We got the promo code leading off for Bett MGM, so we'll download the app as well, and good times again fun Monday and next. We're gonna have a lot of fun content too with the All Stars stuff coming we'll do some props and some some home run derby wagering. That'll be a good time. Welsh is very excited about the MLB Draft. I'm hearing it's a very good class this year.
Speaker 2: It's very incredible class. I'm gonna lie I'm gonna be live streaming. I'm gonna do a bunch of stuff on our Patreon for the draft, putting the players from a dynasty perspective into where they go on the ranks, and I'm gonna live stream that as well. So make sure you follow me on Twitter at is it wells? But Joe, one thing I would suggest, and maybe keep this in mind, this might be interesting if we involved maybe one or two listeners something. We should do a home run derby draft where we each take two players and we can snake. We could have a four person draft for the home run derby. We make our picks and then may I don't know if we I don't know how we would do it unless we had someone really active in the chat. But maybe two of the Peanuts and Crack or Jacks could draft break at. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think there should be something though, like maybe the person who I think we should work on this. We'll get together. Wonky Penguin is in control of the list. I believe massage, So yeah, well you gotta be careful with those massages nowadays, I hear, But yes, they we have. I think there's something where if everybody takes two people and whoever you know has the most, maybe we give a bonus, you know, we give them like a I don't know, like a three home run bonus, somewhere between three and five. I think five is a lot, but three sounds right, you know, like whoever gets the most of the better combination, that's a plus three on your home run board. Otherwise we're just standing around doing nothing. All those home runs are being hit for what for? What for? What gets a home run? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: We'll do something fun for it. Maybe we could do a little draft. We canvolve a couple of different things. So make sure you guys are listening in, so we could.
Speaker 1: I want the home run contest, the home run derby to matter in the home run contest. That's what I want.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, okay, what I want? I could no, No, I was just saying we have a fun little because we all do that sometimes of the listeners and stuff. We'll do like a little draft four of us. You take two players, whoever wins wins. I get your point. I love this idea. Maybe, yeah, I think here's what we should do. I draft the player that wins, and I get all those home runs to my home run total on the board, and now I'm over all of you guys. I love this idea.
Speaker 1: Would not be hilarious if you picked some guy who hit two and it was just like and then he was out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what would be great? Oh, think of this idea. Okay, I know we got to go, but think of this idea. What if we did it kind of like a what is it like Jeopardy where you pick your guy to win and you can bet is many of your current homers and if you win, you can win all those. If you lose, you lose all you homers. So let's say Joe, you have twenty five homers. You could bet all twenty five on Pete Alonzo to win it. If he loses, you lose everything double. But this is this is atless.
Speaker 1: We is on fire today. We're gonna have to talk about this. Go to Discord fantasypros dot com slash chat, go in the home run channel. Let's start talking about it. W's everybody want to do? Welsh is going crazy with that. I want to keep it simpler, but what do you want to do? It's your contest. Figure it out, Go to Discord, go check us out there. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for hatless Welsh. I'm Joey P See you next time. Kids,