Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, yes, welcome back, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Eyl, Happy Thursday, Happy Thursday, thursdow Man.
Speaker 4: This is round two of our new series that we are trying out is educational live streams, Live in the Flesh.
Speaker 3: We last week we did real estate.
Speaker 1: Yes we did.
Speaker 2: We had a anazing conversation. Shout out at MG Shout to everybody that was in the chat that got to witness that live and other people that watched it the day after or even leading up to this event. So it was an incredible one packed with information. I think tonight is gonna be one of those nights.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's gonna be one of those nice so tonight.
Speaker 4: You know, it's one of these things that a lot of people have been asking for for a long time as far as artificial intelligence. And you know, we talked about it a variety of different times on Market, Mondays, even on EYL, but I think we had like a thorough breakdown on what AI actually is from a very easy to understand respective but more more importantly, how to actually utilize AI for your own personal benefit as far as your life, how to make money in your business, how to you know, just be more efficient.
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 4: A lot of time people talk about the negative size of artificial intelligence, but obviously there's a lot of positive things that you can do. So I think that this is something that's obviously going to be very finally, considering the times that we're in, this.
Speaker 2: Is the talk of every room, every time we walk into a room, and I think it's fitting, you know, every time we meet somebody.
Speaker 1: The awareness on AI it varies.
Speaker 2: Some people have heard of it, don't really know, some people kind of have heard of it, some people are using it, some people don't even know what GBT stands for. And so we've talked about it, like you said numerous times about how we're using it, right, like you talk about how you're using chat GBT nearly on a daily basis. I know Ian sung about how it's made him an even more efficient CEO for him. I've talked about how I've been using it to help me when I'm investing, but like people still haven't been saying, I've been using it, Here's how I'm using it. So today hopefully we will unpack some information so that the next time we run into some people have conversations like I watched that and this is how I'm using it.
Speaker 1: That's the fact.
Speaker 4: And we got an expert in the field, X, who we got connected with through Van Jones and spoke at Investmentest and X got one of the best receptions from anybody that spoke at invest Fest, which is speaks a lot because obviously there's a lot of true, very highly regarded people at invest Fest. So without further ado, let's let's bring X up and let's let's get this going.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, what's going on? Evening man?
Speaker 5: Even it's a pleasure to be here pleasure to be back on this stage.
Speaker 3: Pleasure to have you.
Speaker 2: It's an absolute honor to have you. And like you said, it's very rare. I think this might have been the first time. As somebody was speaking on stage, our phones started blowing up, like, who is this person? Who is this woman? She is killing it? I need to meet her as soon as she gets off the stage. That must have happened four or five times in my phone. I'm sure it happened in his phone as well. I was watching. I'm like, oh, oh, oh, this is incredible, So congrat you. It's an honor to have you here tonight. Everybody's in for a tree.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, it's an honor to be here. I feel like as someone who's been in AI for you know, almost twelve years now, this stuff comes like second nature to me. But as it starts to go from AI being behind the scenes to AI in our face, it's critical that folks like me who understand this stuff come back and give that game to our communities in a way that's accessible but also you know, accessible from an information standpoint, but also accessible from a cost standpoint. Right, there's a lot of folks out there who will put this knowledge behind money and may not have the same quality. There's no guarantee. So it's an honor to be able to be on EILS platform to put our people on game ultimately.
Speaker 4: And not let's get it. And you are award winning AI expert. You know, you worked in AI policy at UC Berkeley, worked with some companies that you might have heard of, like Google and Microsoft's Real and variety of other things. So you are actually qualified to speak on this. You're not just somebody that we just randomly picked off the street, right.
Speaker 5: Nah, definitely not.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: I've been an engineer, like an actual software engineer for you know, almost twenty years now, but I've been specializing in AI for the past twelve. I'm not only like someone who worked in industry. When I was at Microsoft building AI, bringing it to big companies like at Google, I worked across all their algorithms, helping to identify when they were being biased or sexist or racist or messed up towards our communities and coming up with fixes for that. I created two research teams on my own. One of them was around teaching AI how to measure who is and isn't represented in content, so like how much is someone who's more masculine presenting on screen versus someone who's more feminine, and how much are they seeing versus speaking? Right, So we would use that to like do diversity studies of all of Google advertising, and we made those tools available to like third party partners also created the skin tone Research team at Google, which literally taught AI how to see black and brown skin tones. So myself is someone who is a high school dropout, a two time college dropout. I'm a published researcher in this space. I've created tools that now you know, major companies all over the world, you specifically in AI. So I definitely hope I know what I'm talking about. I know I don't know everything, but I know I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's get into this YouTube.
Speaker 1: Like and share, please please do to everyone I check in.
Speaker 4: Let's run this ub. This is very very important information. So okay, we're gonna we're gonna get right to it. We want to talk about like actual items and stuff like that. But before, let's just spend a couple of minutes just to kind of break down that you've been working in AI for years, So tell us you know, kind of give us the framework of artificial intelligence so we can have an understanding before we go into actually how to utilize it and make money from it.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get into it. So can you guys see my screen here?
Speaker 1: Now? They can? They can see it now.
Speaker 5: I don't need y'all to see all of that that looks like Schrodinger's cat. This is a you know, a conversation that I think is super important, and it's one that I have with my clients day to day. And I work with like big companies like Loril and Mozilla, And it's kind of like what Van Jones said on stage and investments. It's like nobody really understands this stuff, right, So you might hear like AI, deep learning, machine learning, and the large language models, all these different terms to talk about AI. So I want to start off by making and giving y'all my framework for how to think about what artificial intelligence is. So first, AI is not just one thing, right, just like when you think of the word car, car is not one thing. You can have a two door car, you could have a four door car, you could have a sports car, you could have a truck. And even though there are all these you know, different types of cars, like whether they're electric or whether they're gas. Even though they literally end up different in the way that they look, all cars pretty much do the same thing, which is that they get you from point A to point B faster than you would get there if you were walking right, unless you're in LA traffic at for it. Similarly, artificial intelligence covers a whole bunch of different tools and technology across different disciplines. It touches tools that are being built in computer science and mathematics and electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. All AI aims to do pretty much the same thing. Artificial intelligence is trying to teach machines how to think and act like humans. So all those different technologies and all those different disciplines are just trying to teach machines how to think and act like humans. Well, what does it mean to think and act like a human? Well, humans have five senses. We have hearing, we have sight, we have touched, we have smell, and we have taste. And artificial intelligence kind of has five domains. So teaching an AI, teaching a machine how to hear and how to speak is called natural language processing. That's what's behind tools like SyRI inside of your phone. When you talk to her and she writes the text down, that's called text to speech. Then when she understands what you just said to her, that's called natural language understanding. Then when she comes up with a response to you, that's called natural language generation. And then when she reads that response back I aloud to you, that's called text to speech right where she reads it out loud to you. So NLP, or natural language processing, is teaching machines how to hear and how to speak. Teaching machines how to see is called computer vision. So if you have a ring camera in your house and it's like, oh, person detected or animal detected, that's using computer vision. That's also behind stuff like face ID inside of your phone. When you go to the airport and TSA asks you to stand there and it checks the picture of your face. All of that stuff is computer vision. Teaching a machine how to touch is called haptics. Now, this is a field that you mostly see in robotics, where they're doing things like creating artificial skin that's as sensitive as human skin. Now why would they need that? Well, think about it. If you have like a robot and an Amazon factory. You want it to be able to understand things like pressure and weight, so that when it picks up whatever you ordered off an Amazon that might be fragile, it doesn't pick it up and like shake it around and mishandle it. Right. So they need that artificial skin to be able to teach robots how to understand what it is that they're physically touching and grabbing. Then teaching machines how to smell is a pretty new field. It's called machine oh factory. Now, I'm not gonna lie. I don't really like this field because in order to teach the algorithm what a smell is, you got to use like somebody's nose as an example. And I don't know about y'all, but some people out of the colognes they be picking the perfuelings, they be picking like I don't trust everybody's nose, right, And so machine ol factory is a newer field. We've seen like maybe ten twenty research papers in this space altogether, where they're trying to do stuff like come up with new perfume smells or like detect smoke from a smell, et cetera. And then teaching machines how to taste doesn't actually have a fancy name, but it has the same problem of kind of like teaching a machine how to smell, Like, I'm not eating at everybody's house, So whose taste buds are you using as the example to like teach these machines how to taste?
Speaker 2: You feel me definitely got you there, So that the five sensors in the five domain makes a lot of sense when people start hearing these things like computer vision. Definitely that the smell and the taste, it is subjective. It starts to lead to uncertainty. And one of the things with human nature is that we don't like uncertainty, which then leads to fear. So how can people become less fearful when they when they hear about AI and very broken down? How you just did it?
Speaker 5: So I feel like a lot of the fear is based on the unknown. Like the human brain generally is wired to protect you from danger, right, Like the amygdala, which we call the fight or flight part of the brain, is literally the oldest part of the brain and it's the only part of the brain that can hijack the rest. So if you ever had like a panic attack, that's literally your amygdala hijacking in your brain and shutting down all the other different functions in your brain because it literally thinks that you're dying. And so a huge part of overcoming fear to AI is learning about it, doing things like sitting in this class, taking notes, understanding what the difference between NLP and computer vision, so that you're able to not feel like because you don't understand it, that it instantly means that it's going to be negative against you. Now, there are real challenges with AI, with which we'll probably get into later. But even then, the problems inside of these AI systems, with things like bias or things like them coming for you know, jobs that particularly affect our communities, A lot of that stuff can be solved if we step up in other areas, like in policy, or if we step up in terms of like regulation, or if we step up in terms of building and designing our own systems. And so even the stuff out there that is actually proven to be scary or dangerous to our communities, there are solutions out there that require all of us coming together and putting into play.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so I know we have the next step, which we're going to talk about how to utilize it in business, anything you need you want to talk about before that before we go to the business Ope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So before we jump into the business side, I want to give a little bit more context about, you know, how you teach a machine to think and act like a human. So we know that AI is this group of technologies that are trying to do that using this five Census example. Now, generative AI specifically is attempting to teach AI teach machines how to think and act like the human imagination. Like, if I ask everybody on a chat right now to imagine a car, you would come up with an image in your head of a car. Some of you guys would imagine a two door car, a four door car, a sports car. Some of y'all might even imagine a semi truck. Now, what I did is I just prompted you to create something from the prompt that I gave you. You're using your human imagination to create something from an idea of it. And so generative AI is teaching machines how to think and act more along the lines of a human imagination. And I'm gonna get a little bit technical just so you guys understand some of the differences between the techniques used to build AI and AI itself. So how do you teach a machine how to think and act like a human? Well, that's where the term machine learning comes in. You've probably heard this a lot. Machine learning is the most popular way that people teach machines how to think and act like humans, but it's not the only way or the only method. And machine learning is when you teach a machine, which they call training, how to complete a task by giving it examples which they call training data of that task so that it can learn and improve itself on how to do that task right. So, for example, if I wanted to teach a car how to drive on the road, if it was old school coding without machine learning, I'd have to code every single step that the car needed to do well. A lot of those rules are you know, there's like millions of rules of driving, like to have the code like if your right tire gets within this many inches of the line, then move this steering will you know point two centimeters. That's a lot to learn and a lot to code. We probably wouldn't even be able to make an app that would be able to let the car I liked that it was just take too much code. So instead, with machine learning, we can take a bunch of examples of cars driving on the road. That's why Tesla's have eight cameras. They're constantly capturing that data, and then let it learn from those examples of things that it should do and things that it shouldn't do. So there are two types of machine learning. The first is called supervised machine learning, and supervised machine learning is when you teach a machine how to complete a task by giving it examples of the right answer up front. So an example of this is like, let's say I wanted to teach a computer vision algorithm to be able to tell the difference between a strawberry and avocado. Right, I would give it examples of images that I knew upfront were a strawberry. I would tell it upfront that it's a strawberry. We called it that data labeling, and then I would check it as it's learning how good it gets at telling me that's a strawberry versus telling me that's an avocado. Right. So again, supervised machine learning is already know what the right answer is up front, So I'm gonna give you these examples and then I'm gonna test you against how well you're learning how to do the task, because I already know the right answer. The second type of AI machine learning is called unsupervised machine learning, and this is when you're training a machine how to complete a task by getting given it examples, but you're letting the algorithmic self discover what the right answer is. Right, So you're giving it a whole bunch of data, and then it goes in and finds patterns across that data that it uses to give you the right answer. So, for example, a lot of AI is being used in things like drug discovery, So how can we find a new medicine to treat AIDS or to treat diabetes, or even when COVID came out, there was a whole effort between a bunch of big tech companies to figure out medicines that could be used as a vaccine. Right, So in that case, they didn't know the right answer up front, but they had a whole bunch of data and then the machine uncovered patterns that help them understand what the right answer should be. Right, all right, So then you have one more thing, which is called deep learning. So deep learning is basically without going into all the math behind it. It's a more complex way of doing machine learning when you have things that are more complicated in their patterns, and so it teaches the algorithms in a way that mimics how neurons fire in the human brain. Right, So machine learning, like if I want to tell the difference between the strawberry and an avocado, that's not a very complex task. But like teaching a plane how to fly itself, like the US Air Force just did, is going to require a lot more complex relationships and a lot more complex understanding and nuance inside of that data and the patterns and how it's supposed to do that task. So they would use something like a deep learning algorithm instead to be able to capture that. Now, I know that was a lot of information. I don't expect y'all to have this memorized. So while before we move on to the next part, I made a little TLDR slide for y'all. You know, take a moment, take a screenshot, make sure to share this with your friends that just reac perhaps what I just covered X quick question.
Speaker 2: When we're talking about GBT, which is generative pre trained transformers, most people just hear chat GBT, and that's what the acronym stands for. Is it encompassing all three? Is it encompassing supervised, unsupervised and deep learning? Because when you're talking about figuring out equations, I remember when it first was able to pass you know, a high school exam and ap exam, right, and then it kept learning, kept learning. Then I was able to pass a graduate school final. Then it was able to pass the bar. So it's learning, it's not given the task, it's not it's untrained, but some prompts are trained.
Speaker 1: Where where would GBT fit in that category?
Speaker 5: So CHAD GBT is a type of deep learning. And then sometimes they have what's called reinforcement learning, which is where it learns as it interacts with humans. But CHAD GBT in particular is based on something called a transformer architecture. So this is the way that like CHAD GBT works. Basically, you get a large corpus of texts. So like you know, they're complaining, Oh, they scraped the whole Internet and stuck it inside of chad GPT, and they like took copyrighted books and movies, et cetera. They got together a big corpus of texts, right, So gigabytes and gigabytes upon terra pts of text data. And then what they did is they fed that into the system. And the first thing that that system does is it starts to go across the text and create these webs of understanding. And so what it does is it'll say, like, oh, for the like let's say it's a bunch of fairy tale books, right, It'll say, oh, for the concept of royalty, we have the words prince, princess castle, we have the words like I don't know, like mote, you know, holiday, ball, Cinderella, right, Like, it'll start to associate certain words with certain themes, and those are called embeddings, right, and the machine is generating these on their own. It's the first step of creating like a CHADGBT. And then what happens is when you go in and you create a prompt, right, so you ask it something, what it does is it takes your prompt and it converts it into math. You might have heard this referred to as a token, and so it converts your actual text into a mathematical representation of that text. Because the way that the embeddings are stored or how it understands language is actually stored using math. It's not like a literal web where you could go like royalty means princess. It's like some crazy hash and then is related to these other hash numbers. Right. So then when it takes your prompt and it converts it into text, what it does is it does this really complex calculation to guess what words should come next based on what words came before, based on how those embeddings are inside of his database. So I'll give you an example of this. Let's say you don't speak a lick of Spanish at all. Right, you don't understand Spanish at all, but you've maybe watched a TV show once or twice, and you know that when somebody says o la, you're supposed to say como a stas, Right, And so someone comes up to you and they say, oh lah, you think the most likely response is probably como estas. But then if I go deeper and I say donde edes and you you've never heard that before, you gonna make up a response like your ketto taco bell or say something that they don't have. Yeah, because you don't unders, you don't understand the underlying language and that's literally how chat GPT works. There's a research paper called chat GPT is Bullshit, which literally talks about the fact that all of these large language models based on the transformer architecture literally do not understand language. They don't actually understand the words that you're saying. They're just really good math guessing engines because they have like a lot of examples in this case of like maybe they've watched a whole bunch of Spanish and memorized like what people said and how they responded, but they don't actually understand what they're saying, and so what that creates the risk of is what we call hallucination. So if I say donde edis and you say your ketto taco bell, that's like the equivalent of a hallucination where you say something that doesn't make sense or you make up something that isn't factually true. And hallucinations inside of large language models can happen at any point, right, Like, you cannot get rid of hallucinations inside of large language models, so they're always gonna make shit up. And an example it is when Google dropped their AI overview, there was a bunch of like funny screenshots of like how it was making up answers and someone asked it like, yo, how many rocks should a human eat? A data like keep a balanced diet, and it was like, according to a research study at U see Berkeley, humans should you know, eat five rocks every day? And like that doesn't exist. But again, it doesn't understand how harmful that is because it doesn't actually understand the language. So two things. Whenever, just general tips, whenever you're using a large language model like chad, GPT, Gemini, Perplexity, Claude, any of these things, you want to be careful when you're using it in a fact based scenario. So if you're like plugging in your company the data and asking chat GPT questions about it, there's always a chance that it could make up an answer that's not actually inside the data. So when you're using these llms inside of these contexts, you want to always trust, but verify, like double check and make sure that it's given the right answer.
Speaker 3: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: So if you guys want to dive deeper into those concepts, I have a free AI course that I launched in twenty twenty that goes a little bit deeper into some of those mechanics. You guys can feel free to tap into that for sure.
Speaker 1: There you have it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's reset the room, hit the like button, and shit. I mean this is information that literally you can learn in college, high level information like high high level colleges, not just your community college, and those schools cost a lot of money. So it's free tonight just because we want. We want to help you guys learn, and we want to learn ourselves too, So I think it's very important that we have that level of appreciation to our guests absolutely for coming and providing information, but also the only thing we ask you, guys is to share it. Twenty two hundred people, that's great, but let's get it up to three thousand. Let's shed this out to your friends, your family. It's very important information, man. You know, we we gossip on social media so much, but this is actually more important than trending.
Speaker 1: Topics, any topic.
Speaker 4: So now we're going to go into Okay, let's get into how we can actually make money. There's a lot of entrepreneurs in here, so let's let's talk about that.
Speaker 1: If we can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the question is, how can you use AI right, and so I came prepared, I got the debt ready for these questions for y'all. And so there are three ways that you can use AI, whether that's in your business or in your personal life. The first is task specific tools. So if there's a specific thing that you're trying to do and create, there's probably an AI for that. And in a chat I'm a drop of website where you can go find an AI that can basically do anything. The second is through AI enabled platforms, so platforms that are specifically built to help you, you know, whether it's operate your whole business or manage a lot of tasks at once, that use AI in that. And the third is around using AI to amplify your genius. So first let's talk about these task specific tools, right. So, if you're looking at marketing your business, right, you want to use AI to identify and engage your customers. There's a couple of different ways you can use AI for that. The first is around content creation. You can accelerate the development of either text, audio, or video content to promote your business. Right. So, whether that's yo, I'm trying to come up with a new jingle to put behind you know, my advertisement, you could pull a bbl jizzy and use Asuno or an udio to do that. If you're looking for creating images of people stock photos without having to pay for them, you can use free tools like mid Journey or free tools like Dolly or a number of websites that allow you to generate images for free. If you're looking at trying to advertise to your customers, right, so, like customizing those ad campaigns, what I recommend for this is that when you're doing advertising and you want to personalize it to your customers or find the right audience, all of these big advertising platforms have now in the last like six seven months, have now dropped AI audience features, right, So, whether that's TikTok advertising, whether that's Facebook Meta advertising, whether that's Google advertising, they have these features that do cost a little bit more, but they use AI to identify the exact people that you need to advertise to based on your campaign. And they'll start off maybe the first day testing that out, and as they get people using, you know, responding to the ads positively, they keep adjusting in real time who they're targeting your ad campaign to. So I recommend using those features they are. They do cost a little bit more, but it's much better for you to spend that money up front and guarantee that it's going to reach the right people versus you spending money running a campaign trying to figure it out and manually adjust it that could end up costing you a lot more moving forward. And the third thing is around sentiment, right. So sentiment is essentially how people feel, and they measure that through text. So if you're a company that has a review based business, right, like let's say you got Google Reviews, or you have Yelp reviews, et cetera. All of those platforms that let you put all your reviews in one place and like review and manage all of them, they all have what are called sentiment analysis tools. So they'll take that review that somebody left on your Google reviews or on your Yelp or you know whatever other sites that you're on, and they'll analyze it and say this was a positive review, this was a negative review, or this was a neutral review.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: You can also do that a lot of social media platforms like HubSpot and stuff like that have that in terms of your comments. So are your comments on your social media pages positive, negative, or neutral. And what that can help you do when you plug that in or use those actual features is help you understand. Okay, here are ten negative reviews. Even if the review had four stars or five stars, it could still tell you based on the content if the review is positive or not. That lets you go in and see where you can improve as a business as well as where you're actually doing well as a business. So again, these things are tools that are built into platforms right Like Canva has an AI content generation tool, TikTok just launched their like digital avatar creation studio, Meta and Google inside their advertising platforms have like image and video generation tools built in. So as you're thinking about how to market to your customers, think about creating content for your marketing campaigns, effectively reaching audiences with your ads, and then also using sentiment to give you information about your business back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny that you brought up upside because as you were talking, I'm thinking aboutself. The companies that have a big base inside the CRM space. Number one, job creation inside of them, or fear of job creation for some people is like, all right, that industry is going to be disrupted, but it's only going to be disruptive if you're not using it along with right a human and the AI. So talk about how businesses that use customer relations management how this can be super beneficial because I see it as the wave of the future for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent. So I said this on stage and invest Fest. I'll say it again. It's not going to be an AI that takes your job. It's going to be a human that's using AI that's going to take your job. And So when you're thinking about customer relationship management systems, whether you're using a Salesforce, whether you're using like a Nimble CRM, if you're using like a HubSpot, if you're using like a Zoho to be able to like track your customers, there are softwares out there that have things what they call lead scoring right, so like AI generated lead scoring. So if you're using maybe you're doing like cold sales or code calls, or you're like collecting customer leads, these types of plugins inside of your CRM systems use AI to help you understand who is the best potential lead for what you're doing. There's a platform it's called Sense eight. I believe it is. I have to look it up once we go through this presentation and I'll drop a link to it. But it cause like HubSpot's version of that is like supersed, like a thousand dollars a month. Right, There's this platform called sense eight that offers like predictive lead scoring based on your CRM, based on your communication with them, based on your preferences and what you say is like your ideal customer, and they offer like a three month free trial and then after that it's like four or five hundred dollars a month. So it's much cheaper than what's built into HubSpot, and it can plug into HubSpot and pull your data. So I think a few different ways that you can use it. I think using predictive lead scoring is important, but also you know, as we talk about conversational AI, this is another area where you can use AI to communicate with those customers that are in your CRM on your behalf. Right, So when you're thinking about like let's say information management, right, Let's say that you got customers who might have commonly asked questions or your startup and you've taken investment money and your investors are going to have questions about your attraction or even your staff, as you're bringing new people in and there's ways of doing things and they may not remember everything from the chaining. You could set up chat bots that can interact with these different groups of people and provide them information. So for customers, a very low level type of chatbot without you having a like turn on chat GBT and use it in your business. There are these things called faq bots, right, so if you already have like a frequently asked questions about your business, you can plug it in to one of these chat bots. Actually, Microsoft has one for free called qn A Maker, and you can plug it in and it'll take your Q and A and it'll automatically make a chat boy. You can just plug into your website completely free, so people can ask questions about your cancelation policy, your business, about where you're at. And like Q and A Maker isn't just for you to like take the literal FAQ section, you could plug all the content about your website in that. If you're talking about internal operations, right, Like, let's say you have a I don't know, like a like a customer service associate role and you don't want them asking you ninety questions about when and when not to give a discount or give a customer a refund. You could create like a Q and a bot for that and make it so that your internal employees can use it. Same thing with like the Investor Metrics, and again Q and a Maker is one hundred percent free tool. There's a whole bunch of tools out there that are like this that you can use. The second piece where you can use kind of chatbot specifically is around time management, so being able to automate the setup and management of appointments, meetings, and bookings. Right, So, if you're a service based business, like let's say you provide you know, finance consultations or credit consultations, or you provide literal services like hey, I'm gonna come give you a haircutter, I'm gonna come put your lashes on. Instead of you having to do all of that communication back and forth through text, through WhatsApp, through messenger, through like Instagram DM you know what I'm saying, where you're like going across ten different things and trying to remember when people are coming and adding it to a calendar. Just grab a booking chatbot. These chat bots automatically communicate with people they manage your availability. As soon as somebody books an appointment, you can make them pay before they book if you have a deposit, and then it automatically puts it on your calendar, and then it automatically sends the people like the email of like, hey, your appointment's coming up, do you want to reschedule or cancel? And then like if they don't show up, you getta keep the deposit, you know what I'm saying, Like that stuff can all be done in one software as opposed to you doing it through fifty different things. And there are versions of these kind of like booking chat bots that even accept payments and things like cash app or Vemo, and so you know, you can go find those tools out there. They're a little like you know, booking and scheduling bots or even plugins for like the Shopify chatbot that they have. There's a plugin you can get that does that to really streamline that part of your business and open your time back up. And the last part is around process automation, So use an AI to complete task that would normally require human effort. Right, So, if you know that you're gonna have to look at your CRM and see the open leads and send them all an email. Then you could use you know, like a zap year or like a make which are these tools that let you do like plug in one tool and create little custom rules like if the person's lead is open and I haven't emailed them in the last seven days, then send them an email, right, And you could use AI to generate those emails so you don't have to write. So you could add a little step in its like go to chat GPT and generate a personalized follow up email then send that email. So you can use AI, especially in conversation AI these chat boys, these large language models to help you automate those processes as well. And finally, when you're thinking about operation, right, you think about wanting to use AI to accelerate or stabilize those tasks that you have to do day to day. Is a business to be able to survive, So the first part is around data analysis, being able to understand patterns across your data or create visualizations of data. There's a tool out there called Gamma, and Gamma is a presentation AI tool, right, And so if you are someone who's like me, like as nice as this deck kind of looks y'all, this is about as good as it gets for me. I can't design, I cannot draw. I could code a AI to do it for me, but me and my like pitch decks sound terrible. So being able to use Gamma has really changed my life in terms of like creating data visualizations. There's another tool out there, it's called Columns that plugs into your data and automatically creates visualizations and you can customize them. And it's like you can go on one of those websites like app Sumo and get like a lifetime subscription to it. You know what I'm saying, like for like fifty dollars and forever have access to this data visualization tool. And tool also gives you information about the data that you're pulling up or this is where you would plug it into like a chat GPT and ask it questions. Just make sure it's not making nothing up when you do that right, and then you have what we call knowledge minded. So how do you use AI to understand how your business is functioning and your business health? Again, this is going to be inside of the tools you're already using, like like HubSpot or Salesforce CRM. They're already gonna have like AI functions to tell you like, hey, here's a risk score that tells you how you know much of your business is at risk of not closing or like the performance of your employees. So just turning on those kinds of tools and functions that are already in the apps you're using is critical then of course for knowledge sharing, right, So building those internal chatbots, building those internal knowledge based databases, even fine tuning a chat GPT or a version of like you know, Gemini to work specifically on your data, like Moderna just did this with seven hundred and fifty customs GPTs, and so overall you have these three tests, specific kind of tools around using it to you know, identify and engage your customers on how to actually communicate with your customers or your stakeholders on your behalf, So how do you scale yourself? And then around the operations, how do you understand how your business is operating communicate that to other people? And I'll pause there because that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of info that was That was a lot I'm taking noteses a lot of info for sure.
Speaker 4: So let's reset the wroong to my access This is going to be on say this will This will be saved on the channel. You have to go to the live section and see it though, but it will be saved on the channel. Also will be on podcasts outlets as well, So if you want to listen to it, I want to go, you can check it out on podcasts, but this will because you need you need to watch this at least three times. At least three times the master investor is on the check in. Shout out to Ian in the building. Okay, I think we derailed. Did you go through your slides or did.
Speaker 5: You get have a little bit more for these specifics. So I'm gonna give you a little example. So like you would generate, you use AI to generate marketing with a call to action for people to use your chatbot, like hey, you want your lashes scheduled DM me on Instagram. Because these like chatbots, you can deploy the like Facebook Messenger or into WhatsApp or into Instagram right to like work within those chats. It doesn't have to be just on your website. And then the chatbot was schedule like a sales or a discovery call with a client, then you would use AI to take notes during that call, something like Otter, AI or any of these number of these other tools that people be using, and then it would recommend next steps. Now, let's say you're having a call with the customer, like a potential sales opportunity, or with a customer who might be unhappy. You can do sentiment analysis on those transcripts from the call that you know otter will generate from you to understand how that person feels. So if you're like, Yo, I just had this sales call. I'm not really sure where they stand, you could use AI to give you like that insight and be like, nah, this was more neutral, or hey, this was more positive call. You know what I'm saying to help give you that insight. Another example would be if maybe you're a service based business, you would same thing, use AI to create like a cool jingle or maybe a cool little video to help you with your call to action to use that chatbot. Then the chatbot would book the appointment, and then once the appointment is booked, it would automatically start to like retarget that customer to come back in for another appointment, right like, Hey, you should come in and book another appointment. We haven't seen you in a month, or we haven't seen you in three months, and then as your customers continuously interact, it'll start to learn patterns about them, so it'll know, like, hey, this customer only comes in for pedicures. They never get a manicure, So when we send them like a special deals email, we're gonna send them one for pedicures, right for like ten twenty percent off of pedicures. And so this type of pipeline, especially with like the customer retargeting messaging, is built into tools like send grid. It's built into loyalty tools where customers, like you know, give you your email and then like they leave ratings and they earn points. It's also built into the actual email marketing tools that are out there, so you don't have to go build like a whole recommender engine or personalized system to be able to get to that. And so another thing that you can do when we talked about like AI enabled platforms. So if you can't see right now, I'm at will i AM's FYI campus in downtown LA And FYI is an app that stands for Focus your Ideas and will i Am created it because he wanted a better way to manage creative projects. What I've found in my day to day life where I have an AI consulting company, is that this helps me as well. So the app is one hundred percent free. It's AI enabled to cross everything and let you create and manage projects. Inside of these projects, you can share files, you can add people to them, you can remove people from them. You can have group calls and group chats, so you can set up video calls, they could be audio calls. You have an AI assistant that's built into the app. So like let's say you guys have a chat going on about an idea. You could literally tag fyi dot ai and ask it can you summarize this? Can you summarize what's going on in this chat? Or you could talk to it and ask it, hey, help me generate this new idea like you would talk to a chat GPT or you would talk to a clatter at Gemini. And inside of the app, it has an image generator that's one hundred percent free that you can use. So for me operationally, you know, while I do have a CRM system for certain things, the like day to day tasks or projects or ideas, I operate off of f yi AI because it's one hundred percent free and who don't like free? You feel me?
Speaker 1: Shout Shout out the will.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Neil who said he's been using Fyi since he left Investments.
Speaker 1: Is an amazing app. I've been using it myself. Man, use it with my kids.
Speaker 2: They were asking some questions about history as but watching the vice presidential debate, So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Uh you want to yeah question Now I'm gonna let to finish. Let her finish it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So last part, how do you use AI to amplify your genius? Now? I did a workshop on this when I was with Van Jones out in Atlanta, but outside of that, I haven't given any win this game, right because this is my game on how I personally interact with like a chat GPT or like a Gemini or like a Claude. Now, I'm coming from this as an angle of like somebody who knows how these systems work on a technical level. So I created a framework for how to write your prompts to be able to get the most out of the AI interaction, but in a way where it's not just spitting out an answer at you, but where it's taking your genius and your thoughts and helping you structure them or and also teaching you along the way. So think about it like this, if I could talk to let's say I have a business plan idea, right, the way chat, GPT is by d any of these large language models is by default is they've got all these data from all over the Internet. And so when you ask it, hey, I want to create like an app for babysitters that connects parents with like background checked babysitters on demand. Right, come write my business plan. It's gonna grab from the randomness of all of that to give you an answer. Now, why would I want to talk to some random person who I don't know the experience and a background that they have, Versus I could turn it into like a business professor at Harvard that has like extensive experience creating these types of services, Like maybe you were the dude who scaled like DoorDash to his first billion dollars, right, and then engage with it in a way where it starts to ask me questions about my idea and then starts to give me an answer based on my idea, not just based on whatever it grabbed out of all those terabytes and terabytes of data you feel me. And so that framework I call Chat in the Hat, right, And I know it's a little funny framework, but it's really to help you learn how to think like an AI, so you can talk to the AI in a way to amplifize your genius. So what does chat and the Hat stand for. It's a three part framework when you're writing your.
Speaker 4: And this is extremely important ladies and gentlemen. If you didn't pay attention to anything else, which shame on you if you did that, pay attention to this part because this is extremely important. How to actually talk to AI to get the proper response. That's vitally important because you can speak to somebody and it's like a human being, right like I can speak to somebody. You have to be educated enough to ask the question. So how I'm asking the question is going to determine the answer that I'm getting. That's not talked about enough. So what she's about to talk about is actually vitally.
Speaker 5: Important, especially because when you're talking to a large language model like I mentioned before, it doesn't actually understan what you're saying, so it's not gonna get the gist of it, right. You have to give it the specific instructions that you wanted to execute, and the more specific and the more clear you give it, the more it'll answer in the way that you need it to. But again, it's just taking whatever prompt you give it and calculating based on that. So if you say, write me a business plan about an app for you know, connecting background check babysitters with parents, it's gonna write something. But if I give it first a history, right, and then I give it an attitude how I want it to complete that task, and then I give it a specific instructions on how to complete that task, the conversation is gonna be completely different. So I'm gonna do real quickst breakdown each component of this, and in real time live on the chat, we're gonna make up an idea together, and I'm gonna show you, guys the difference between using just a regular prompt versus the chat and a hat framework you feel me. So, first, what is history? History? Is? You want to tell it the relevant skills and experience that it needs to have to be able to help you accomplish that task. So if I have an idea for app me just talking to chat GPT, I don't know who it could be pulling from versus giving it like, Yo, you're an award winning person in this field who has this specific experience in twenty years of that experience. Right, you want to give it some type of history that it can refer to to pull in that knowledge from all of those terabytes of data to specifically be using the knowledge that you need to complete your task. So, if it's like a social media thing, right, you don't just want to go ask CHADGBT about how to make a viral social campaign. You want CHADGBT to be an expert at generating viral campaigns, like you made a company similar to mine, have fifty million views on TikTok with your funny short videos.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Then it kind of puts itself in that framing and starts to think from that lens. Then you want to give it an attitude, which is like, what is the mentality or the vibe that it has while doing the task? Is it helpful? Is it you know play Devil's Advocate? Is it you know? Does it like to ask you questions and teach you how to do it instead of just giving you an answer? Right, So you want to give it like the attitude like how and what the vibe is that it uses when it's thinking about how to do your task. Then you want to give it the actual task, which is you need to specifically tell it what it should do and how it should do it. So it's deep dive into each one of these a little bit more so first with the history. Again, you want to give it that relevant knowledge, experience, and accomplishments that a person would need to actually be useful to you in completing that task. So you say something like you are a you know, award winning business plan developer, right, Like you're a professor at Harvard, Wharton and Stanford in creating startup business plans. Now, Chad GBT does know what these kinds of institutions are, and it's not gonna know that, Like you can't be the chair of business at Harvard Standard and at like Wharton and you see Berkeley all at once. Like it's not gonna know that, but it is gonna understand what it means to be like the chair of business at Stanford or the chair of the business school at Harvard, right, because it has enough data to understand what those specific things are. And then you might want to give us some experience like you have. You know, you have forty years of experience helping startups create business plans. Well, you know you have. You know you were the person who created the original business plan for DoorDash. Because if I'm thinking about sitter as an app, right like this, you know, babysitting connecting app, what's a similar type of service like a DoorDash or a task rabbit, right, Like you wrote the financial models for task rabbit that help them be successful, right, and like you're an expert in creating business plans that like help start up scale and get investment money, because that's my goal. So even just there me giving it those specifics about his history will completely change the way that I'm gonna engaged with this chatbot and the types of answers it's gonna give me, and the type of knowledge is gonna pull out to answer that. Right. So you could also say, like you're an award winning or world renowned expert in this. You have number of years experience developing business plans at these companies you have built or you built this company, or you scaled this thing, or you you know, created this product or this service. So if I flip it and I move to social media like you are the leading expert and creating viral TikTok videos. You have twenty years of experience creating and leading viral campaigns on short form video campaigns on TikTok at like door dash, at uber and at lyft. Right, you literally grew ubers TikTok following from one thousand followers to over ten million, and you've won several awards along the way. Right, So you just start to think about the persona if you could create the perfect person that you would talk to about this, even if some of the details are a little bit of be yes, that's fine, but you wanted to create that perfect person that you want to talk to in person who's going to help you with that task. So that's the history. And then the attitude again, is that energy? Is that mentality and that vibe that you want the AI to take with you while it's responding to you. And that has two components. The first is the style. Is it helpful? Is it curious? Is it critical? Is it more like evaluative? Is it pensive? Is it playing Devil's advocate? Is it challenging? Is it excited? Is it you know, like if you wanted to turn it into like a venture capitalist to like, you know, review your idea. Is it like a skeptic? Right, you want to give it like a style of how it's supposed to be thinking about the answer it gives you back, and then you give it a tone, so like, is it gonna respond in professional language? Is it going to be academic? Is it going to be formal? Informal casual? Humor? Is friendly? Persuasive? Is it going to be urban? Is it going to be targeted at gen Z or gen alpha? Right, So when you're giving it that attitude, you've already giving it the history, so now it knows what knowledge it's pulling from. Now you're just telling it when you give me answers, this how I want the vibe between us to be right. So an example of that would be, like, you are extremely helpful. You love sharing your knowledge to help people create business plans. You have a deep passion for listening to people's ideas and guiding them step by step to create business plans. And then you could add in some more stuff like you prefer to help people learn how to help themselves. So instead of giving the right answer, you give them questions to help them think and come to the right answer for themselves. So the attitude section is typically a little bit shorter, but again it's just telling it all, right, this is who you are, this is how you're gonna step to me. And the last part, which is one of the most important, is the actual task. Right. So the task is the specific details on what you want the AI to do and how you want it to do it. Now, oftentimes we only focus on the method, right, So we'll be like, Yo, I want you to ask me a question and then provide an answer. I want you to explain yourself. I want you to give me positive and negative feedback on this idea, but we don't necessarily get specific enough to tell it the format that we want that in.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So if you just tell chat GPT to ask me questions about my idea, it's gonna spit out like twenty questions for you, right, and then it's gonna expect you to answer all of those. So that's very different than saying ask me one to two brief questions at a time, wait for my response, and keep doing that until you get enough information to help me write my business plan. That's gonna have a whole different interaction than if it fits out twenty questions and you don't even know how to answer them, and then it'll mess up the flow of your chat. So you could tell it like, hey, I want this in a list, So, hey, I want a list of five viral TikTok ideas to promote what I'm doing, and I want them to be the strongest, I want them to be funny, right, Or hey, I want this in a table, so it'll literally output it in what looks like an Excel spreadsheet. So I want a table of ideas, and the first column should be the number of the ideas, so one through five. The second column should be a description of the video, the third column should be an explanation of why you think that video will work, and a fourth column will be what you think the cons are of that, and the fifth column will be what you think the pros are of that. Now answer my question. That's a lot different than just spitting out a list of ideas. Now you're getting information in a structured way for you to see how it thinks and why it thinks, so you can tweak it as you go. So an example of the task part would be like right now, you're a meeting with me. I'm trying to create a startup business, a business plan for my startup that will connect like U, that'll connect parents to background check babysitters. First, I'm gonna provide you with ideas that I already have about the business plan. Then you're gonna ask me one to two brief questions at a time about my idea about this app. Uh, you know that we want to build until you have enough information to help us create a comprehensive business plan that will help us get investment from a VC firm. Along the way, you're gonna provide positive and negative feedback. Right, So that's gonna completely changed versus me saying I want you to write me a business plan about an app that connects you know, parents to background check babysitters. Having that conversation versus conversation that's done in this format, in this chat in the hat format is gonna be world's difference. And instead of chat GPT feeding you whatever answer it happens to calculate, it's now going to be taking in your actual genius, your actual ideas, and just helping you expand upon them and structure them in a way that lets you do stuff faster. Now it's not just about writing business plans or coming up with social media ideas. You can do this for like, let's say that you have a sales presentation coming up. You can give it. You're a master salesperson, You're great at creating decks. You're extremely helpful, love helping me. What's gonna happen is I'm going to tell you about my client the things I want to include in my sales deck, and you're gonna help me create an outline for the sales deck. So then it'll do that. Okay, Now I want to deep dive into this slide. For this slide, you know, I want it to be really impacted, you know, really impactful in the story that it tells. To make sure that it's teaching, make sure that my client really walks away understanding how we're the industry leader. Can you generate a table with three different options for text that I should put on this slide, and then it's gonna output that. So now again it's taking your genius and what you already know and what your goals are and just making your workflow faster. But by pulling from this expertise, it is imaginary character that you've created. And so again the chat and a hat framework is around when you create your prompt, you want to create a history. What are the knowledge and skills and expertise that it needs to have to help you with your task? What experience does it have? What company are relevant to the task you're trying to do? That you could say it has experience there you could be like, yo, you were you know the first social media person that you know, frickin' DoorDash ever? Right, And then you want to give it specific accomplishments when you have the a the attitude, it's what kind of vibe does it have when it's helping you? So you think about the style and you think about the tone. So the style is what's the vibe? The tone is what kind of language does it use when it creates the answer for you? And the last part is t or the task, which is how does it respond to you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: So you want to tell it exactly what you wanted to do and how you wanted to do it, right, like is it going to ask questions and provide answers? Does it give you positive negative feedback? And even on the format, like what's the structure that it uses when responding. Is it responding to you in a list, is it giving you a table? Is there a certain amount? Is it a paragraph, is it a long answer, a short answer, et cetera. And the more you, guys, will leverage this framework, the more valuable that these tools will become to helping you operate in any element of your business day to day in a way that you'll be the one that's the person using AI that will replace the jobs of the people who are not instead of you hoping that chat GPT gives you some type of answer randomly, or that Claude or Gemini does that'll help you have a competitive edge, because the unique competitive edge is you. And so the chat Nahat framework helps you leverage these large language models in a way where it amplifies your genius alongside AI, instead of expecting AI to somehow make you a genius. You feel me.
Speaker 1: I feel you. I definitely feel you. When we talk about expert, we'm an expert.
Speaker 4: That's a million dollars worth of a game right there. Minimum, I said, at least a million dollars worth of game. But I think we're gonna do something some on the flywork are.
Speaker 5: We let's do it. So I'm gonna do like this, and I'm gonna maybe minimize this and make this bigger. Oh no, I don't want to leave. I just don't want y'all to see a'all all of that. All right, So let's go back here. So let's make up an example task right now, you guys, maybe in a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do this through the chat, because I don't want them to be like, oh, we already thought about this, okay, So in the chat.
Speaker 5: Like what we are they have to do.
Speaker 3: They have to come with like a business idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like what like something we'd wanted to do, like a business plan for like an e commerce thing or like you know, help me come up with viral TikTok campaigns for this kind of business. It's something that is a specific task, not anything, but a specific task you want to see used in this framework, all right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So type somebody type in the chat, see see what they got what.
Speaker 4: You want to see, and we'll do this on real time like a magic trick on forty second Street.
Speaker 5: Yo, a wild.
Speaker 2: All right, I've seen one already right here. That sounds pretty dopey. They want to help create all this moving so fast. A technology recruiting company business plan?
Speaker 1: Oh what? Oh?
Speaker 2: Might put it up shout to my technology recruiting company busines plan.
Speaker 4: A technology recruiting company business plan? Is that a good one?
Speaker 5: Yep, let's do it. So we're gonna do this in each one, right, So I'm gonna put it here and put it here so we could see all the way through each one. So what I want to do first is I want to show you, guys, what it looks like when we have one of these large language models generate this without the chat and a hat framework. Right, So this is an app that I use. It's only available on Mac. It's called think Buddy, and basically you pay one fee and you get access to all of the AI models that you would want to use. So I could use you know, Chat, GPT four point zero, Gemini, Claude, et cetera, even Lama just by paying one fee. They are working on a mobile app. However, it's not out yet, so if you have a Mac, I highly recommend this software. You guys just missed out on a lifetime deal. Like I paid one hundred and fifty dollars and I have forever free access to this app, but the month the subscription. Instead of you paying twenty dollars for Chat GBT, then twenty dollars for you know, Perplexity, then twenty dollars for this one, it's like twenty dollars for this app where you get access to all of them unlimited and it has like the image generation and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: What's the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: It's called think Buddy, so t A I, n K, b U, D D Y and it's Thinkbuddy dot AI. So I could drop like a code if you guys want to get it, but I have a couple of tools I got to drop for y'all. The first is the tool that helps you find AI anything. The second is the lead scoring and then I'll drop the info for think Buddy when I'm done with this demo here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Ian and the chat with the assistance on that. I appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 5: So what I'm asking it to do right here is I'm saying, create a business plan for a technology recruiting company, right and this is oh, let's retry uh oh not it wants to tank out all right, Let's maybe we should use chat GPT. I'm talking all this chat GPT stuff, right, and so maybe.
Speaker 4: It's chat GBT is the reliable Yeah, it's a reliable source.
Speaker 1: Can't go wrong with.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me come out of clot. Do it in clot. Hold on, y'all, not me trying to promote this and then it don't want to work here. Let me change this.
Speaker 1: This is the next level and we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna open it back up. All right now, let me test why is it still trying to do it in clot? Do I need to update something?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: Is it my app? Let me see? And if not, I'll just open up chat GPT and show you all the difference. Like literally, I just don't pay for chat GPT outside of this, and I've never had this issue in here. Let me see. Okay, chat all right, let me go back to this one and let's set Okay, let's go back. Okay, let's try it again with chat GPT for general. Okay, let me try a new chat up with the app on my computer because it's not letting me do this. So instead of what I'll do to save us time, I promise it works, y'all, I promise it works, right, So instead what I'll do is we'll just go into Claude and try it right now. Right, So while I'm in Claude, I'll say, hey, create a business plan for a technology recruiting company, and then what it'll do is it'll spit out an answer. Right, So it starts to immediately answer without understanding what type of technology recruiting I want to do, what my market is, what my region is, or anything. And it comes up with a pretty decent idea. It says, here's an executive summary. Didn't even ask me the name of my company. I don't know the person in a chat. Would you call it tech Talent Solutions? That sound like one of them outsourced companies in India.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad name, it's actually not.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure if I went to Google that there would be one that's called Tech Talent Solutions, right. But it says, hey, it's a specialized technology recruiting firm focused on connecting top tier tech talent with innovative companies by leveraging advanced matching algorithms. So now it already signs you up to use AI. So if you weren't planning to use AI, eol company, it already signs you up to create your own proprietary matching algorithms, right, and then your network of professionals. We aim to streamline the hiring process for both employers and job seekers in the sector. So then it goes into your market analysis, your target market, tech startups and scale ups, established technology companies, traditional companies undergoing digital transformation. But what happens if you're somebody who is a federal technology recruiting company where you're seeking folks who have clearances right to be able to place them places, and you're looking at primary prime contractors and subcontractors and that's actually your audience. Now all of this becomes completely useless because it doesn't have any info about you. And then the types of candidates. Maybe you've decided that you do everything except software engineers, right, or developers like you do, technical project managers, you want to do quality analysis, maybe you'll do like data analysts, you want to do product managers, you want to do UIUX designers. Well, now you're gonna have to come in here edit all of this. Then it talks about the market size, which again I don't know if this fact is true, so I'm gonna have to google it, right, And then it has like increasing demand due to this, I don't know if any of that's true. It's an LLM. I have to go double check and then competitive analysis. It doesn't give you any specific competitors, right, and then what your advantage is, et cetera. So you guys get the idea here. It's spitting out something that feels good on the surface, but then it doesn't necessarily capture your unique value and what you create. So let's go through this framework and actually create something. Right, So we want to create a business plan for a technology recruiting company. So first we're gonna give it a history. We're gonna say you are an award winning, world renowned original business plan for what's a big IT staffing firm like that actually exists in the world, like one of them big recruiting firm.
Speaker 3: Can we look it up. We'll look it up.
Speaker 5: We're looking it up, all right, So I'm gonna add that in here. First, one million dollars in revenue to over ten million dollars in revenue annually. You are the chair of the Harvard Business School and have over twenty years experience helping companies develop UH business plans, helping technology service companies, service companies develop business plans that that helped that drive them to become industry leaders.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the chat is putting. I looked up a center. The chat put a censure. We can put a center, all right.
Speaker 5: Right, So now I'm just gonna have to go in here real quick and make this text just a little bit smaller, y'all. So let's go ahead and make this a little bit smaller.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So, you are an award winning, world renowned expert at creating business plans for technology services companies. You created the original business plan for Accenter's recruiting department. You scale them from their first million dollars in revenue to over ten billion and revenue annually. Now, if I wanted to, I can make it one hundred million. I don't really have to know if accenter actually makes that much money, right, I'm just trying to give it an anecdotal example.
Speaker 1: They said, not a staff in front one of the largest India. So are they a staff infirm or no?
Speaker 5: What I said, all right, let's let's do this for technology instead of services companies, for technology recruiting companies. Right, and so instead, here's how I'm going to change this. You created the talents uh, the recruiting department at Accenture, where you scaled them from their first million dollars in revenue to over ten billion dollars in UH revenue annually. Then you spent over a decade at Boston Consulting Group where you developed a what are they called head Hunter talent recruiting and matching service that you scaled from zero zero to over two billion dollars in revenue annually. You are the leading expert in developing business plans and strategy strategy for technology recruiting companies. Right, so you see how I did that. It doesn't matter if like these things actually are there. But because I'm not sure if Accenture, I know they're a consulting firm, but I don't know if they're like a talent recruiting company. I just gave it that example. Like you created the recruiting department at Accentre where you scared them from their first million in revenue to over ten billion in revenue and annually. Then you spend over a decade. I'm gonna actually make it one billion. Then you spent over a decade at Boston Consulting Group where you developed a Headhunter talent recruiting and matching service that you scaled from zero to over ten billion dollars in revenue annually. Right, you are the leading expert in developing business plans and strategy for technology recruiting companies. You are the chair of the Harvard Business School and have over twenty years experience. Okay, you are the chair of the Harvard Business School and have a deep passion and I'll just leave it there. I don't have to add all this in at the end. You are the chair of the Harvard Business School and the leading industry expert at helping chech recruiting companies create business plans that drive them to become industry leaders. Right now, let's talk about this attitude. I'm gonna make this a little bit Smaller's getting a little bit verbose here, but the attitude. You are extremely helpful. You love sharing your knowledge. You love leveraging your knowledge and wisdom, your deep knowledge and wisdom, not depth, your deep knowledge and wisdom to help to mentor companies, to mentor up and coming tech recruiting companies on developing their business plans and strategy. You prefer to help people help themselves. You provide positive and negative feedback. So let's do this. You prefer to help people help themselves, giving insights on how to think about an answer, versus giving the answer outright, right, you are especially passionate about helping entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds. We're gonna give it a savior complex. And so the last piece is, now, what do we want it to do and how do we want it to do it? Right now, you're meeting with me, a person of color who is creating a new technology staffing company. I have some ideas for the company I want to create, but I'm struggling to develop a business plan. First, you'll listen to my ideas about the company before generating a response. Then you'll ask me one to two brief questions at a time until you have enough information to create a business plan that will drive us to success. Until you have enough information to yeah, okay. You will provide positive and negative feedback along the way so I can learn how to write business plans like you. Right, that's a long ass prompt. I'm not even gonna.
Speaker 2: Hold you immaculate. I'm just looking at you, thinking of it and typing at the same time.
Speaker 1: In itself is f You're brilliance. Right, But that is incredible.
Speaker 5: So with this, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna move these out of the way and I'm gonna copy and paste this prompt. Now, I'm not gonna lie to you, guys. I have a folder in the notes section in my phone called Prompts, and I write out all of my prompts in my notes in my phone before I use them. And the reason for that is that a lot of times, a lot of this language I end up reusing, right, So instead of me having to rewrite it every single time, I'm able to take it and reuse it. So I'm my own little prompt library of how I want to do this. So, now, remember when we did this in this first section, let me see my old chat. So I'm gonna pull this one up and then I'm gonna pull Claude back up, right, so we see what it created, right. It created this whole business plan with an exit strategy, talked about funding requirements without even asking me anything, you know what I mean, and it just gave me an answer. So now I want to see what it gives me when I give it this prompt. Right. So the first step it acts like it's me right, It says, I'm delighted to meet with you and help you develop a successful business plan for your technology staffing company. Your initiative is commendable, and I'm excited to hear about your vision. As someone who has been in the trenches and scaled multiple recruiting businesses, I know firsthand both the challenges and immense opportunities in this space. Before we dive into crafting your business plan, I'd love to hear your initial thoughts and ideas about the company you want to create, what inspired you to enter the technology staffing industry, and what unique value to believe your company can have in the market. Please share your current vision and then we can start refining and expanding it together. So I just went from you giving me some answer that you pulled out of the depths of nowhere to now literally having an expert with deep domain expertise getting to where I want to go. And I've now turned this into my personal thought partner and coach specifically for the task. Do you see the difference?
Speaker 3: So let's for free.
Speaker 4: By the way, like now you have a personal consultant as opposed to like you said, you could just get the answer but now you actually have a personal consult It's gonna take more time, but now you have a personal consultant that you can have an ongoing relationship with forever.
Speaker 5: Until you run away, until you run out of prompts. Right Like, I'm on the free verse and I told you I don't do that here. But there is a limit to how much one conversation thread can have and I've hit that before and then I just go back and reuse the prompt and then pasting.
Speaker 4: If you just have the paid version whatever. But you've essentially created a mentor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's let's make up some stuff right now, just us on the chat. It's like, Okay, what inspired you to enter the technology staffing industry. I'm not answering that. What unique value to believe your company can have in the market. So I'm gonna just make some shut up right now. My company UH is called Recruits. We focus on placing cleared, cleared candidates in federal federal contracting positions that require security clearance. We specifically we do not focus on really technical roles such as software engineers or infrastructure engineers. We provide up recruiting for all other roles, all other technical roles, including but not limited to, product managers, project managers, technical project managers. Let's go knowledge managers, knowledge which is like the SharePoint database people database managers. What are some other technical roles or non technical but adjacent roles quality assurance? What else? What do they call them? Business analysts, et cetera. Our unique value proposition is the talent pool that we have access to. We work with a number of VA vas around the country to retrain veterans getting out of the military. We are and approved apprenticeship program by the VA and several US states, so we can US states, so we get paid to retrain veterans in these specific skills. Because of these relationships, we have access to a larger pool of candidates who either one already have clearances, two will easily be able to get clearances, and three already are familiar with government IT systems and processes and regulations. Additionally, because of our apprenticeship programs prienticeship programs, we're able to train people in the skills that are most in demand. We can create the candidates we need. Right So, if you haven't created this staffing firm, you probably should. These are actual, real things that you can do like become like a like a like an approved apprentice provider. You go get your Microsoft certified trainer, grab the little vets coming out that already have their secret or their top secret. Then you go get the Microsoft certified, You get paid to make the Microsoft certified, and then you have like your whole candidate base. Right, just an idea. I just made this up on the spot here right now. No, I'm not gonna take your idea. So now I gave it this information, right, you heard me read it out loud. Now let's see how it responds. All right, So now it says this is a fascinating approach with several strong competitive eventags built in. I'm particularly intrigued by your focus on clear candidates and your VIA apprenticeship program, both of which could be significant differentiation in the market. Let me ask you two questions to help develop this further. Tell me about your current relationships with federal contractors. Do you have any existing contracts or partnerships? Are you starting from scratch to what's your current capacity for training veterans through your apprenticeships.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say one, and then so and then also, because what people like you can actually do this voice notes too, right, So like now it turns now that actually turned into a into a even a easier conversation to have, because I mean, you're you're a genius, right obviously, so you you're able to do things that other people aren't able to do. Right, even able to type at the speed that you're typing at is difficult for the average person.
Speaker 5: Claude doesn't have that on the browser, but if you're using like Claude or Chad GPT, you have on the phone. Even in a browser, there's a transcription feature. I just don't know how to turn it on where to like transcribe what you're saying and write it for you, you know what I mean. But you like CHADGBT on the phone has a voice option. Even if you were using y I right, which has these voice experts for free. You can't type to it, but you can talk to it and write your prompt down and read it out loud.
Speaker 2: So here's it is an interesting question as you're going through this because most people are saying, like everybody doesn't have a business, and every but they should, like we highly suggest that entrepreneurism should be explored. But the conversational AI and then there's Companion AI. How do you see where the two could it could get a little tricky, right, because when we're talking about conversation what we're doing now you're talking to it, it's giving you prompts, it's learning you. And then Companion AI where it's I'm talking to someone that getting to know me.
Speaker 1: It's almost like the movie Her where yeah, right? Can can you break that down?
Speaker 2: And how like the two like can almost walk the same line, but can get tricky.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So there's this platform out there called character AI. And if you guys are good, I'm gonna stop screen sharing. You can see how it's gonna go through. It's literally gonna keep asking me questions until it gets to that I can ask it just to show you real quick, like, hold off on the questions for now, use your expertise to answer the questions you just asked, and generate a V one of our business plan. Right, So, if it ever keeps asking you too much and you don't want to answer, you don't know how to answer something, you know what I'm saying. Now, look at this. It still cranks out a business plan, but it's much more specified. It's using my genius right. It's saying, leveraging a unique via approved apprenticeship program and Microsoft certification pipeline, we solve a critical market gap. So the primary market is federal contractors, the second is Microsoft Technology subcontractors. Then it talks about the market size. Now it's got data specifically about the federal IT industry. With the business model, it gave me business models I could do direct placement or contract to hire. It starts talking about our operational metrics that I can up to five hundred veterans annually have clearance rate of this much, this, et cetera. So I can also notices as it starts to go down. It has a limit to how much it can generate. And so whenever it generates, like a v one like this, you can say generate regenerate just the market analysis, uh section of the business plan.
Speaker 1: Uh be.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Providing can you can you access to maybe have like any recommendations on like grant stack might be available.
Speaker 5: You can. But the challenge is that with large language models, they are not real search engines, so they're not tied into things for that what I recommend what is the name of that software. There's there's an AI software out there that matches your business with cleared opportunities in terms of like grants and federal contracting opportunities. So let me see what it's called. Damn, I just had this thing open not too long ago. One second. Let's go to let me see if I could pop this in. All right, it is called stand up AI. So it's called yeah. So you literally go to standupai dot com and if you're looking for federal opportunities, you come in, you get a free ninety day trial, You create your company profile, you provide your URL, you provide any details about your business, and then what it does is it matches you to federal opportunities, and it gives you a score of how well that your business matches to that opportunity, whether that's for federal grants, whether that's for like SBR, whether that's for like actual federal contracting opportunities, and the percentage of match that it thinks you have, and then it explains how it thinks that you match that. And so I like stand up AI for that specifically within the federal contracting space. Now, I know I'm doing a bunch of stuff in claude, but I want to also show you guys, the other tools I promised you earlier. So there's one call. Well, there's an AI for that dot com and it's exactly what you think about it, right, which is a website that shows you you could search for a certain thing and it'll tell you if there's an AI for that whenever you come. You always want to put one hundred percent free. So let me just go ahead and sign and real quick with my Gmail, one of my ninety accounts. You always want to make sure that you come in and you sign up for this for free. Oh, come on, all right, next, next, next, next, don't care, all right, so let's go back to there's an AI for that dot com. Don't make me set it up again. I wanted to be free where I wanted to be one hundred percent free mode. Oh, it's going to try to make me complete this setup. Leave me alone, all right. I'm just gonna make some stuff up here, video editing, image generation, stock market analysis, and they just changed this. You didn't used to have to do this beforehand, and maybe PDF management. I'm just gonna save those. I don't want this, no updates, don't email me nothing. I'm probably gonna delete my account after we get off of here, all right, So now let me go back to this and try it again. So you could basically toggle it to be in freemo. But let's say I want a AI for presentation slides. Right, they have sixty different AIS that you could test out to help you generate presentations. Some of them are free one hundred percent, some of them are freemium. Let's say you want advertising campaigns, right, then they're gonna show you these different AIS that you can use. Or let's say you have a task like social media management, right, and then they're gonna show you all these different tools. Most of these tools, like brandsocial dot ai is completely free. A whole bunch of these are free trial or freemium. And then they also have sections where they show you like GPT plugins that you can use. Right. So even people are like looking at like stock market alerts type stuff, you can find whatever tool that you want. This is the most comprehensive database that I've ever seen here for finding those tools. Now back to your question about AI companions versus AI thought partners. So there's a website out there called character ai, and what it does is it lets you create an AI and a persona and engage against that persona. So if you've seen all the research around people like yo, I'm doing like you know, I got an AI girlfriend, or I got an AI boyfriend, or I'm using AI as a therapist, that's where those plays come in. Now, those things are intended to work with you personally on more intimate details about your life, like your naughty thoughts or your depressing thoughts. Now, those tools can also be very dangerous because remember AI can hallucinate, it can make things up. So there was an example, and I'll show you guys where it was, right, where this guy basically was using one of these bots, right, and he was talking to it about how depressed he was and how he felt like he shouldn't leave, and it agreed with him and then told him how to off himself. Right. It went past those those markers, and there's a conversation of this, right, So it's like, here's some options for you to consider. You can do all of these things. And so again these are more trying to aim at the loneliness that we have as people, right, and take advantage of that. Because if now you've logged in with your phone number or your Google that's tied to all these other advertising IDs. Then now they could track you and know what your little kinky, perverted likes are or how you like to talk dirty to someone or be talk dirty to somebody else, because I guarantee you these platforms are selling your data. Now, creating a thought partner is a task specific thing that you're doing to help you execute across different elements of you creating ideas or executing your ideas, your own ideas, and you're scoping it when you're doing your your your chat, and the hat prompt your scope it in a way where it's becoming a version of a person to specifically help you think through that challenge. Now I've created versions of this where I have it be like an award winning computer science professor. Like let's say I'm like caught up between which algorithm approach to use in a personal project, and I'll use it to debate the pros and the cons with me, and I'll turn it into like an award winning computer science professor with over two hundred papers published that you know is the head of this at Google and the head of this at Stanford and literally created Google Search, and you're an expert at helping people think through the pros and cons of an approach, and then I'll have a conversation with it, and then I delete that chat and make another one for like a sales deck, and then delete that and make another one for like, you know, helping a nonprofit come up with ideas for metrics on how to track its success. Right, So, those type of companions have ulterior motives underneath them that are praying on like our human separation. But then this is you creating whoever or you need. And if you're paying for the premium versions of these apps, then they don't end up they don't end up keeping your data to train their AI models on you, feel me. So if you guys want that in a guide in addition to coming back and watching that, just take a snap. But it's QR code. There's a Google form you fill out and then with twenty four hours, my AI will send this to you in a PDF format that I made. And FYI, these little cats in here, little chatting the hat cats. I made those with AI.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you as it's a thing called Thursday Night free information? What else do you want?
Speaker 1: Man? It's only so much information.
Speaker 2: I'm be honest with I may not talk to anybody about unless they've watched this episode. If they haven't watched this as a prerequisite to our conversation, in your words, they've done themselves with amendous disservice, but they've done us one. Because now this amount of information and discondensed time, like I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 5: So thank you, thank you, thank you guys for giving me this platform. You're like, if this feels like a lot of information is overwhelming to you all, just remember I can speak about it with ease because I've been in this space for twelve years. Right, the very first part of our discussion was me basically giving you a college level AI one on one course with emojis. The second part of this course was me giving you like business strategy consulting game that I leverage with customers like Loril, Mozilla, LG, SAP, or like big VC firms. And this last part is my personal way that I engage with these large language models and how I'm able to accelerate success in my own business. Right, so, even when you're like creating sales decks, if there's a particular company you're targeting, like I don't want to admit this on camera, but like there may or may not have been a company where I was like, yo, I have to pitch this to the CMO of this company. Helped me come up with with a more compelling argument that so, like, now you are the CMO of this company, help me come up with a more compelling argument in my sales pitch or in my deck to help make this align with your business objectives because I might not know how to do that. I'm an engineer, but the AI helped me do it, and they sure did sign that contractee me you get you get these access to that stuff to be able to help you out. And so now I'm about to uh disconnect this screen.
Speaker 3: Share how they how can they follow you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So I am everywhere here, let me do this. Oh I gotta connect YouTube. It's at tech with X. So if you guys can still see my screen, I'm gonna leave this up then and maybe not come back. But I'm tech with X on TikTok, I'm check with X on Instagram, and I'm tech with X on X. I will say, though everybody loves to send me DMS bro I have like just from investments alone, like over a thousand unread dms. I'm not readily available for like helping people with their individual ideas. I like to give game at scale because I do have my own business. But i mean, look, go take the AI course, download that free chat at it in trademark it so if you steal my stuff, we're gonna fight. But you can pass the guide along to your friends, to your family. You can teach your kids how to use it in this way so that it doesn't become something that robs you of your own intellectual capability or your own creative capital. But you use it to amplify that. You feel me. But I'm on all socials, so you can find.
Speaker 1: You're asking if you could put the QR code back up.
Speaker 3: Courses in the bio. It's in the Lincoln the bioll right, yeah, can scan it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm saying, like her courses in the Lincoln in her bio, Instagram bio Yeah, w.
Speaker 5: X dot ai like check with x dot ai. You can go see this.
Speaker 4: This is going to get replayed too. I mean, we can only do so much, bro, Yeah, you do so much.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: I could I come back out here every week and put you all on game the Q three.
Speaker 3: Minutes there you go, just watch the replay and just skin it.
Speaker 1: Well, you got it, we wrote it back.
Speaker 2: What can we do? Man, I'm just doing what I can. I got so many more questions, but.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm like, I guy, So I'm open for Q and A. Now, if y'all know, well, you know what.
Speaker 4: It's a thing called information overload. And I feel like ninety minutes of you gotta realize most people this is the first time that they've ever heard anything like this, right, So what I don't want to do is get people just to the point where they get so high off the information and they don't take any action.
Speaker 1: Right. I think action is extremely important. So maybe we can do If.
Speaker 5: I see a question in here, I think I want to answer. Somebody said with the AI inside of FYI be considered an LLM that has hallucinations. Yes, the voice chat and the chatbot that you talk to is based on a large language model. I'm not sure which one it's based on. I believe it uses perplexity, but I'm not entirely and I don't want to misspeak for them, but it does basically use like one of these large language models and plug in, so even when you're talking to it, it can hallucinate. The thing I like about that AI chat about those is you can choose the voice. So I got it talking to me in like a like a British slang and it's like, yeah, Fam, what's up? Fam? Like yeah, here's how you make a business plan, fam, And it's like it's fun, you know. And so anytime you use these large language models, you just got to know that they are they're going to hallucinate. So again, if the double check any facts that it gives you, if you give it data, you got a double chat that is accurately representing those numbers. But f yi, AI, the chat in there is a large language model. Everyone's asking for the QR code. Again, y'all.
Speaker 4: Cool an audience, But I'm not trying to be asshole by this. But how you do one thing is how you do anything. And this is extremely important. When we give in the free information, it's like part of it is taking accountability right, and it's like you can't just be babies fed because that's actually gonna end up hurting you.
Speaker 3: We gave the QR code three times.
Speaker 4: Like I said, the video is going to be saved and you can just watch it later if you didn't get the QR code. But it's it's a habit of entitlement and just force feeding people, like at a certain point in time, you don't appreciate certain things, especially if they're free, right like that that happens in real time. So that's what I'm saying. It might seem like a small thing, but I'm just saying I just want to value the time, like she's taking time out of time to be here, Like, let's just value it.
Speaker 2: It's like the teacher like that puts the notes on the board and by the time they erase it, like twenty minutes into the class, like you know, I ain't write it down yet, know when you come in, write down the notes.
Speaker 5: And so someone asked another really good question. They said, if we're using fii, is our data and our ideas private? And the thing about excuse me, fii AI that I prefer over other platforms is that they do not collect any user day at all whatsoever. They don't use your prompts to make their AI better, even the image generator that they use, they don't track any data about your cell phone number, how much you doing don't use the app. You can look up will I am talking about FYI. He's very very big on this. They want to have other ways that they monetize that are not advertising based or collecting and selling your data. So that app in particular protects your data. If you're using the free version of Claude, you're using the free version of chat GBT, you're using the free version of Gemini, they absolutely will use your data to train their AI. When you start using the paid versions of those apps, they don't keep your prompts to train the AI. It's kind of like you're paying for your privacy.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. Shout out, FYI.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 4: Let's we'll see how this goes as far as like actionable people actually because we'll track it. These people watch market mondays, people hit us up on so I would like to see different people that actually take action from this video. I would like to see this video go viral if we can. If you can help push that, that would be helped. That would extremely important. I'm talking to everybody in the audience, and then depending on how that goes, I think we can have a part two down the line.
Speaker 3: But what we are going to.
Speaker 4: Do every week for the foreseeable future is different types of these type of live educational content. So last week we did a live on home buying, it's very important. This week we obviously did artificial intelligence. So suggestions of what you would like to see this is this is real time education from industry experts, and then maybe we can actually have a live on based off of the things that you would like to see. So yeah, put it in chat what you would like to see as far as on this Thursday Night Live edition.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people are asking me to tell them my zodiac sign, Like y'all birthday post from like less than you know, less than a month ago, you'll see what my zodiac is like, do some research.
Speaker 1: There were a few people that did research. I didn't notice that as well.
Speaker 5: Like four or five people were like, yes, what's your son? Sound like? Hold on, I'm not telling you all the time I was born, But every year for like the past four years, on my birthday, I've made a post about my birthday, so you could you could figure that out fairly easily.
Speaker 1: That's an easy one. That's an easy one.
Speaker 5: Getting snitched on they saying my sign in the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh no, got live. This is we all Live. We all Live, We all Live. Son, Yeah, all right, Oh THATX has been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: And you spoke at it fast fast, Yes, what was your experience?
Speaker 1: A thousand dms.
Speaker 5: It was the wildest experience I've ever had. Speaking in mind you, I spoke at the United Nations. I've spoken at the Milking Institute. For those who don't know, the tickets to the Milking Institute are fifty to one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for.
Speaker 1: That and just breeze over there.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, just cut the video of the whole point in time because shot at the end. Hold on, hold on, I know he has thoughts about this, So.
Speaker 1: Can you tell people what that that conference is?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So the Milking Institute is based on Michael Milkin. It's his foundation that he created back in the eighties. He created new financial mechanisms for people to invest in what they considered high risk companies, which were basically black and brown companies. So he became the first person to make billions of dollars off of black businesses while supporting them and help black investors become black billionaires. Then he got investigated by the sec and it was a whole bunch of mess because they ain't like it. Right, So now he has this thing called the Milking Institute, And the Milking Institute is this like thought leadership consortium, and they have summits all over the world, but the one that they do every year in La. The tickets to get into this are fifty to one hundred thousand dollars per person per day and it's a three day conference. So this year I spoke get the one that was here. There were five thousand people there. So you just do the math on how much money they made off of ticket sales alone. You'll understand why folks like Elon Musk spoke there. Why people like.
Speaker 4: You ever have you ever seen any review video criticizing them that the ticket price was too high?
Speaker 5: I think that they understand that when you go there to these conferences, like, not only is it like Elon Musk talking, it's like the Saudi royal family is walking around, right, So it's like a thought leadership conference for the elite, right, So you'll get like, and that's.
Speaker 4: What we tried to explain to them about Davos. We tried to explain this, like yeah, and I got it, and I gotta deal with Hecklers for two hundred and fifty dollars for three days for.
Speaker 5: Three days, fifty to one hundred thousand dollars per person per day. Y'all to listen to like Elon Musk talk or go up there and see Bill Clinton talk, or they had like the CEO of Pinterest, they had like the head of cybersecurity at DARPA with like the head of National Security and whatever. And you also get to like walk around and meet these people after. I mean, Elon obviously didn't stay, but even when I spoke in that audience and all the people who came up to me after, that's how I like connected with the Attorney General of California, the ambassador to Luxembourg, the ambassador to Germany, the like ambassador to Afghanistan, like all of these people who have important titles. The energy did not touch what I felt at investments. I have never spoken in front of an audience who had that much creative capital, who had that much culture capital, and who was actually looking for information to shape the world. And all y'all have to understand that our communities drive economies. Like the only reason Twitter is still surviving after everything that's happened is because black Twitter still exists, right, Like we made TikTok popular with all the TikTok dances and the Resatisa type stories, and so our intellectual capital is what drives these platforms, right And so for me to have spoken on a stage like that around all of these important people wasn't a fraction of a match to the type of capital and wisdom and game not just business and technical expertise, but like mental expertise, financial expertise that I even received outside of speaking on stage. And for y'all to have access to that for two hundred and fifty dollars and a massive audience of like twenty thousand people of other folks that you can immediately tap into into your community who can help you build successfully across whatever you're trying to create in the world or scale in the world. Man, and people inside of Milking Institute, the ain't really trying to collab like you.
Speaker 1: Know, we got to that part.
Speaker 4: You know it only you gotta be in it to appreciate it. You gotta be in it to appreciate it. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, so you understand, Like investments is something special, like to be in a room with twenty thousand and black and brown folks who are looking for information on how to build and shape their own reality and are getting that information from industry leaders in their space. Like you guys have me on stage, you have Van Jones on stage, You have fifty cent on stage, like fifty cent, So this steak envitamin whatever like one hundred million dollars. This isn't just a rapper who made the songs that power my childhood and middle school years. This man is a prolific businessman teaching you. I am yeah, will are you things you know for two hundred and fifty dollars you can learn from somebody else. Taking one company for one hundred million dollars like that is, and especially someone who comes from our culture, who speaks it in our culture, who can translate it for you in a way of our culture and you get it. Connect with everybody to your left and right that's trying to build something similar, so you could build your squad on site that doesn't exist anywhere else. So I hope all the all are back and investments next year, because if you not, I'm gonna block you on a chat or something. I'm use Yeah, I to find you and can take that that had guy.
Speaker 3: Lease, yeah, oh man, it's incredible and.
Speaker 2: Tell them to clip that up and said at least yeah, somebody saying in chat next year'all come and support them.
Speaker 1: It's not about supporting us, it's yourself like like that's the part. But thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm telling you, like Milking was cool. I was definitely in a suit. I wasn't in my like you know, my little off White Air Forces. I was definitely in a suit. And I'm not gonna lie like I didn't meet cool people. But the energy wasn't the same. Everyone was there because they were trying to meet the who's who, not because they were trying to build and connect. It was like a weird, like good old boys club type energy. I'm not knocking milking. It's valuable. That's also how I met the dean of the Goldman School of Public Policy, which is where I'm creating the first ever AI policy focused research lab in the country. I met him in like a closed door session at the Milking Institute in Abu Dhabi back in December, right, So I get value from it. It's just a different kind of value when we're thinking about culture and community, when you're talking about capital because of positions people hold versus capital because of our experience and our community and our ability to translate and communicate that to you. So I'm not trying to get disinvited from Milking because I love it. I love going there. I'm actually going to one in Argentina in a couple of weeks. There's just a different energy's provided.
Speaker 4: Vib It's a vibe that's been curated that just can't really you know, you can't when you put the sauce on it.
Speaker 1: It's just different.
Speaker 3: It's just a different you know, it's a different that you know, Man, I appreciate this so much.
Speaker 4: You are definitely a genius in this space. And just for you to take your time out to educate, you know, people for free, I think is very commendable. For sure, So thank you, Thank you for sure, and let's definitely you know, to back and stay in touch and hopefully we can do some more things together in the future.
Speaker 1: For sure. Definitely.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I mean I got some ideas, you know, we could chat about offline. But I really appreciate you all for you know, elevating me on the EIL platform starting with nineteen keys, from having me on high level conversations to you guys bringing me to invest FST to having me back on here now to share some critical game with our communities. And I really appreciate what y'all doing. Look forward to collaborating in the future.
Speaker 1: Thank you so I appreciate you so much. Appreciate you lovers. Love y'all have a good one. Be safe.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh and make sure y'all tap in market Mondays and then this will be on podcast hour less and this will be saved on YouTube as well.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, it's been real peace.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 5: Will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,