Speaker 1: What's up And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. So it's like I'm saying, just this whole healing process. It's weird because like in eleven twelve, when I started figuring out, like I had made all his money and rap you, I mean, I had made probably about two three million dollars in like three four years, five years maybe from like seven to eleven, I had made like money crazy right where it was like, you know, I didn't know what I was doing. I was just articuling enough and I had a good sense of rhythm. But really my engineer, Guido, who produced my first project, it was his time, you know what I mean, it was his time. Like he had paid his dues in the business to understand records, you know, to understand music. He knew what records were. As a DJ, he had mixed y'all remember that pet y'all young, But it was a paperboy song called Diddy Dude of Diddy Diddy if you want to dad. So this was a huge platinum, double platinum record on the West. He mixed that song. He had been working next to rhythm D. Rhythm D did real motherfucking g'z you know, comp City g s and all that. So he had been in at DJing and knowing records. It was his time, and I was a benefactor as an MC of what he knew about making records. He would keep me in pocket when it came to doing hooks, he would for the most part, you know, even if he didn't produce the specific record on the album on White Lightning, he would be like, Okay, this record and this record. If I liked him, he'd be like, Okay, let's use this one in this one. He knew what it was. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question not even interrupt you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I view that personally as producing as.
Speaker 2: You do you the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the irony is the irony is just backing up something my nigga king asked me. He said, man, when did you think you was gonna have When did you realize it was gonna be a problem? Like when did you attribute to what part of your career that it was going to be a problem. And I said, well, he said, what moment now that you know looking back, what moment? And I said, today, g we don't move to Atlanta, gwedo move to Atlanta before I finished the whole project, like the project was just about done, was to the last points of it. The only song I had to do left was two hundred, which ended up being the biggest record on there, and face picked that beat games older brother. I didn't even like the song two hundred. Long story short. I say all that to say that in twenty eleven, I realized I didn't know nothing, Like I just was articuling and just authentic, like it was really the real story, Like all my shit about gang banging selling that shit's real, Like no, for real, like not joking. Like it's like I didn't carry it like the way you hear you know the war stories now how I've talked to you about it. I carried it as a birden. So when you listen to early Glasses Malone music, it's more bluesy, like you could tell I was going through it. I mean, from two thousand and five six to twenty eleven, you could tell something that was a burden on my heart. So come fast forward to twenty eleven, twelve, you know I made head DJ head. I turned Head into a DJ in two thousand and eight. Head was just like a nigga that used to promote. He was like a nigga that was like Head is like here seems so serious. Now I know, y'all look at DJ here, y'all be like, man, Head is so serious, He's so deep. Head is a fucking clown.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to him one day. I want to intellectual conversation with me. It seems like.
Speaker 1: It's super intimate. But he's a fucking clown. Like he's a nigga like Kendrick, like Katok is a funny nigga, And you couldn't see it looking at I.
Speaker 2: Say that with kaw same thing with Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Yeah nigh, you couldn't see it with their personalities in the public that these two niggas are probably two of the funniest niggas in all the niggas I met in the history of niggas I met over these years. Head and fucking Katot and Kendrick are too funny. Like Head used to bag on niggas. Head had a comedy show. He did a he did a stand up and he bombed like it was like it was his first one. Like you know what I mean, Like that shit ain't no joke like and he bombed and he stopped being funny from that day on. But like Head in real life is a funny ass nigga. Long story short, He was a promoter. He was super social. Head can dance. Head don't look like he could dance. Hand can dance. Hen used to buss bitches. Head was always intellectional nigga, but he was always a social nigga. He was a social butterfly. He knew how to be dope in in society. And I turned him into a DJ because he was so smart like me and him click immediately off intellect like we clicked, like we started just you could tell we was gonna be thick as thieves for a while. And I made him a DJ so he could go everywhere with me. It wasn't like I just have you know, he not no nigga that for a fight a thousand niggas. So he ain't like the muscle. So I was like, look, I didn't have no DJ at that time, so I was like, hey, be a DJ, like you smart enough, you fuck with music, you know how to dance, you know parties. Head was like a huge factor on this old thing La they used to have called the club Mix, like it was a social media thing. Head was like a factor on that motherfucker. So heare became a DJ and picked it up instantly. This two thousand and eight, nine ten, he's picking it up. He started getting booked at parties. He was controlling parties fast, he was lended fast. He just got dope fast. And twenty eleven, twelve, he came in. We was working on this project that's actually gonna come out in the next twelve months called White Lightning the two and it's this super musical, full experience of being a dope boy, Like I know it better than any nigga rapping today, Like that's something I know the real experience of being a dope boy because I used to sell PCP for years and it was just super heartfelt and soulful and bluesy. And Head just came in the studio being a jackass, like why is your song so fucking slow? Oh, my fucking song. So he went the booth and raped one of the lyrics, all my fucking song slow, And I was like, man, what are you talking about? And that was the day I learned about tempo. In twenty eleven, in December, and then I realized music was all different tempos. Before that, I never listened to it like that. I just knew a ballad, a rap song, and a Luke song. That's how I pretty much broke it down. Ballad, rap song, Luke song. Bobby Brown made a grip of rap songs. Even though you were saying that's a rap song. I mean, Luther Van Dross make ballads and Luke c Hit Factory make Luke songs. That's how I heard music. Scarface and Doctor Dre music was the exact same to me. The Ghetto Boys n w A was the same. They were rap songs until that day. And then that becan that set off this super crazy thing in my head, in my mind and my life, in my career, to where I didn't see music the same. Now I realized there was some numbers involved. I'm a math nick, I'm super savvy on songs. I've gotten a's at AP, physics, AP calculus, all this shit in high school. Like me in math, we do it.
Speaker 3: Not even not even to be a facetious or the joke, did you go to college at all?
Speaker 1: Only? At first, but selling dope became more important.
Speaker 3: How do you define it first, what two months, a month, three months, six months?
Speaker 1: Gave me three months?
Speaker 2: Okay, at least you tried it.
Speaker 1: You tried it. It wasn't that it was just selling. I just kept thinking of how much it was ignorant, bro, I just kept thinking how much money I was missing, missing, Yeah, and it just was sit like I wanted to be a pharmacist at that time in nineteen ninety seven ninety eight became one. Right, ironically, it was crazy, right. Look, I was gonna go to a ZUSA Pacific and be a pharmacist, you feel me? And pharmacists made sixty thousand dollars a year. I was making sixty thousand dollars in eight months. That wasn't even when I started selling PCP. This is just regular rocks, you know what I mean, Franklin Saint Rocks straight up. So no sellers gl in here. I got some of my favorite guys in the history of entertainment and media in general. Hohoton, Bruce, my boy, Pavy, my boy TPJ. Let me make my points. So before we getting to what we talking about soap twenty eleven, I realized that was the day tempo. You know, this is twenty twelve, tempo was born in my mind. And now everything I heard of my songs now it sounded exactly closely to what it was. It stopped being just rap songs and start being like, it's way more to this shit. So I realized I didn't know shit about records. Everybody would be using this term in the music business, Oh, that's a record or that's not a record, and I'm like, I don't know what the fuck y'all talking about.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I mean, a fucking record is like a vinyl nigga.
Speaker 4: What do we but the structure to a record?
Speaker 1: Yes, And I started understanding that it was more relating to is this an experience on its own? You know what I'm saying? Is this special on its own? Is it special? Do you hear it? Do you know what's going on? And I started trying to figure that out right, and I ended up making my biggest song, which was that good you know and Bam. Then I realized hip hop was way more than what I knew and what people was telling me. See, I thought hip hop was, you know, rappidy rap ass niggas, rappidy rappity rappie raps niggas about rapping about rapping by being better than rappers. You know what I'm saying. That's what I thought. Hip hop was nigga dancing and ship dancing against each other.
Speaker 2: And something funny and not to even be happy.
Speaker 4: I feel like, was DC told me that DC.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, I'm not going to take credit, just let me finish. Before he moved to LA, that's who he was, rappidi rapping. He just made songs. Once he moved to LA, he finally started making records.
Speaker 1: And so that's crazy because that's really how to be right. So I realized hip hop was like more of a cultural reveal, like I would think of Adidas in track suits as hip hop. That's New York drug dealer, drill, you know out there. Facts like all hip hop is reflecting street urban culture. And we talked about this time where I'm like, you know, everything about hip hop that we love came from street urban culture, right, some dope dealer, some gangsters. Hip hop in itself came from some gangsters, you know what I mean. And you know, crazy legs and attack. All these niggas is criminals, you know what I mean. They were trying to express theyself or trying to make a living blah blah blah. So it started off from twenty eleven twelve to twenty thirteen, fourteen, trying to understand records. Then I started trying to figure out hip hop, you know what I mean. I was like damn, And then I got a good grasp on it. Records came to me a little simpler, even though I'm not as good as like a doctor dre you know what I mean, Like they're simpler to me. Hip hop came a little bit more, but I figured it out. Marketing became the hardest thing. And so from twenty eleven to two thousand and eighteen December roughly, you know, to twenty nineteen, I was just in college. So in the first few years I made three million to two three million dollars. In that time, I probably made eight hundred thousand dollars because it became like school. I wasn't worried about doing concerts. I wasn't worried about what records were selling. I was focused on learning, you know what had kind of changed my life, and I asked the super super dope you know niggas to help me. But long story short, at so I haven't been doing shows. That was the point I was making time. I haven't been doing shows. And so now that I had the surgery in January, and you know, I'm getting back on my feet, it's like I'm starting to do shows because now I got music in the cue. You know what I'm saying. I got shit that's out there. Kanye should have never married that bitch. Songs is out so it's like, okay, let me start getting warmed. But between his injury in them shows, like I ain't really felt like myself, you know what I'm saying, And so I ain't been socially interacting like normal. Nothing, Like I could really only put my attention to one thing at a time because like my body is either taking a lot of mental energy to heal or like energy something wrong, you know what I'm saying. Because I ain't. I ain't functioning normal yet. So it's been a journey, but you know it was all worth it, you know what I mean. Nigga here now, So now I'm coming back. But that whole journey from twenty eleven to nineteen, I had so dope tutelage, iced tea too short battle cap, a lot of dope people that I thought, wouldn't you know help me? Initially, I just didn't know the right questions to ask. I talked to Forty, and I could ask Forty stuff Me and Forty could talk for. I was sugar free quick Quick. I've been doing quick since I put out my first tape. So this two thousand and five Me and Quick conversation had never been lower than an hour till last year when I started understanding what it is and then we found a space to where we interact at. So it's crazy, but shout out to all them legends that have been guiding me the correct way and kind of which is crazy because this brings us to this conversation that we're about to have now, right is what the fuck is wrong with niggas? This nigga daddy is around.
Speaker 3: We talk about John Moran. Yes, okay, all right, I'm you know what, I'm glad. I'm glad the world can hear this shit because I'm wanted to tell you off since we had this fucking conversation and I told you that he wasn't gonna stop, and he said, Tom, you acting like you call you literally called me an uncle Tom because I said that he is not taking accountability for his actions, and he gonna crash out and do some stupid shit and then we all be like, why you do that dumb shit?
Speaker 2: So please go ahead and finish. I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: So this is my problem, right, It's like, this is my problem. He didn't do anything wrong, right, This is that the argument? Though, No, this is not the argument, because the argument is I told you don't do this, and you're still doing it anyway, So right, there is where you're correct at.
Speaker 3: I also knew before he did it that he wasn't supposed to be doing it.
Speaker 1: Again, he didn't do anything wrong. It's okay. It's legal to have a gun. You could brandish it anyway you want to. You could be over proud of it. You could put it on Christmas cars like all the white folks do with the kids. You can do all that, right, But if your employer is embarrassed by your actions and they make you aware to why, and they make you aware that this is a problem and this is punishable, the thing is right is you should know better. You should know better. Right, You should be like, I don't care if they say don't wear green shirts.
Speaker 4: Don't wear green shirts.
Speaker 1: If they're paying you twenty six million a year, thirty two a year. They like, hey, don't wear green shirts.
Speaker 4: Nigga, I would never, I would I would see a color green. I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Look twenty six million dollars and ask me if I see the color green.
Speaker 2: No, that's blue.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't see the color green.
Speaker 1: Now, don't get me wrong, especially as black people in this country, they don't want us to wear our hair a certain way. We watch Alan Iverson go through this with the fit of his clothes, with the style of his hair. They're like, look, we're giving you thirty million a year, please don't do this, and he's like, I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 5: Till they put a dress code in because people did take a little too far, and I.
Speaker 4: Think it's too far.
Speaker 3: Clothing and brandishing firearms on Instagram are like both on the opposite ends of the spectrum, though, but they're really not.
Speaker 4: They come from the same they cause they're rooted in the same.
Speaker 1: They're rooted in the same get down they are.
Speaker 3: But like, let's be honest, you ai wearing fucking size six X pants and.
Speaker 2: A side sick because of what Because being in front of.
Speaker 3: The world flashing guns and putting guns up to it, playing like yeah, I got no different.
Speaker 4: The point yes and yes, wait wait wait wait let me this.
Speaker 5: If you look at it in a vacuum, sure to different things, but the point is to the people of them.
Speaker 4: You look like a thug either way.
Speaker 1: You're street clatter, street culture like.
Speaker 5: Either way like you brandishing a gun, and it's not you brandishing a gun in the way he's brandishing guns. You're riding around listening to NBA Young Boy with your homies on i G Live and you just got the tool like this, you're imitating street code.
Speaker 4: You look like something that my little homies that I grew up.
Speaker 5: With, who like fucking twenty five right now, will do on Instagram, except for they don't have twenty six million dollars thirty AI wearing fucking size six pants and my grandma seeing me growing up one have my g's biggest ship.
Speaker 4: I'm looking like I'm imitating, like, yo, what the hell row was you?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Pansay like you like you imitating street like.
Speaker 5: Yes, brandching a gun is in theory different, but it's rooted the reason why.
Speaker 1: But it's really not even different. It's it's the same energy. And I and the reason I'm saying this I was telling Charlotte Magne and Van Layton is right. We we we were texting and I'm like, something don't feel right, and you know what it is? This is Alan Iverson, And I'm looking at where we are as a culture, right, as a society black folks, not as a culture as a society. Right, how we do it? Like we our generation stood behind Alan Iverson? Right, We was like, man, how y'all gonna tell the motherfucker to do this? Even though we know his look was very much the look of what we would call street urban, you know, gangster street shit.
Speaker 5: There's a reason but continue, though there's also there's also another reason why we all still bew but sure.
Speaker 1: And then Jah right, who's probably legally brandishing weapons. These are probably guns registered in his fucking name, which is even low Ki Lange, forgive me, John, I'm sorry you're not suppoleed to ride around show your actual guns, because.
Speaker 3: Not even that if the gun, I don't believe the last gun he had, which is in saying that we have to have, whether we have that, we have multiple instances. I don't believe the gun he had in Denver was his gun, because if it was his gun, he couldn't take it on the team playing, Otherwise he would have been suspended for them.
Speaker 1: But that's why you have your boy bring your gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you holy breed. That don't mean it.
Speaker 1: I believe all of these firearms he is really his. He's the kind of guy that for sure went to the gun strow when he got his record contract and bought that ship and bought guns.
Speaker 4: He probably has an arsenal in his house.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, like I didn't go to war.
Speaker 3: I need that iron iron baby.
Speaker 2: Crazy though, you want something crazy though?
Speaker 3: He not even not even putting this on, not literal, but he probably bought that gun, being like mephis and inspect I guarantee you, after Young Dolph got murdered, he probably would have bought way more guns.
Speaker 4: He just bought way more guns.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no no. We're not talking about the beginning. I'm saying when Young Dolph got murdered, him in his mind is like they gonna be out to get me too. No, you goofy motherfucker, Go play basketball, Young Dolph. Than this what probably one of the biggest street guys in Memphis history turns and just like, come on, I know, I know, I know that multiple times. I remember wh they shot him in Hollywood. I was driving here Hollywood and I'm like, why is all this police here? So it's like, I just don't go ahead. I'm sorry, but I just I'm that's that seems like the kind of person he is.
Speaker 2: Like the others saw another celebrity get murdered, let me go get these.
Speaker 1: I actually agree with that, Tim, I actually agree with that thought because TV I agree with that fucking thought. But again, I'm standing right here because it's important. He's not doing anything.
Speaker 4: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: The company just told you don't wear green shirts. Don't worry about why we telling you not to wear green shirts. Maybe you will not figure out why we're telling you not to wear green shirts. Don't fucking wear green shirts. He didn't break any fucking rules. He's not on team playing team property. You just nigga wearing a green shirt, and we told you the way people feel about green shirts. Even though niggas, don't take me to give a fuck about green shirts, because now you don't give a fuck about green shirts. Nobody give a fuck by green shirts, but the thought of green shirts makes people feel this way. So what I'm gonna say to you is you're right in a sense that something's wrong with Cuz. And I don't mean that like like I'm not writing I know everybody own Cuz. I'm not right. I'm saying because is on p or a drunk No, yes, is not correct.
Speaker 2: He's probably drunk.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think I think okay.
Speaker 2: In his but what wait, wait, wait a minute, what we're gonna blame it on the liquor?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and this is and look and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait.
Speaker 4: Wait. Also, here's why.
Speaker 5: Remember that video from All Star Weekend a couple of years ago when he was on the team, playing with his daddy, drinking Costa Migos, dancing around.
Speaker 4: Remember the other video in which they said then they said.
Speaker 5: Somethingbout costs and he at the post game took a shot at Costa Migos. Even in the video he was at the strip club, allegedly he didn't consume alcohol.
Speaker 4: He looked kind of cooked.
Speaker 5: I think he probably is somebody who might be drinking a little bit too much and is making these decisions like not in his right mind.
Speaker 1: Because they're like lapses, Like he's already an edgy kind of guy. He's already on the edge. He's already on the edge, right, and then he just crosses the line. Now, me and you Tom can argue about the line a thousand times. You know how I feel about the fucking line.
Speaker 2: And in their question, what if he just doesn't believe that there's a.
Speaker 1: Line, Nigga, they already showed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gotta know us a line.
Speaker 1: He already showed him the line, dude.
Speaker 2: Either y'all got little brothers, real question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my little crazy.
Speaker 3: I got three of them, and all three of them low key kind of crazy. And we grew up with a mother that's a teacher. Like our family was street niggas and all the other shit, but we didn't grow up in that environment. Our neighborhood was the hood, but we wasn't in the streets like that. We was in the streets playing ball and doing shit.
Speaker 1: If you went outside, you were in the streets.
Speaker 3: No, but yes, but you know what I mean. I mean, like my cousins were actively street niggas in the street doing street things. We were just yes, we were just being kids when we was kids. But once they all kind of hit eighteen, they all just like went fucking crazy, and me and my mother just like, yo, I don't and they know what the lines are. They just don't give a fuck. So maybe he just don't give a fuck, because if you're him, what do I have.
Speaker 4: To lose nigga everything? No, he does it, that's a lie.
Speaker 2: He's probably already made thirty million dollars.
Speaker 3: He's probably at least probably made sixty million dollars if we being honest of cash money already. His contract is guaranteed unless they void his contract. He's gonna be able to go anywhere in the world and play basketball for large sums of money. He has nothing to lose as long as he doesn't physically harm anyone or rape a woman.
Speaker 2: He ain't got shit to lose or say anything negative.
Speaker 3: About you know who, because we know what happens when you say bad shit about those people.
Speaker 2: And actually there's multiple groups of those people.
Speaker 4: So you think he can't lose sixty million, especially.
Speaker 2: Like you know mean lou, how do you define lose spend it all?
Speaker 1: He never had it. No him spending.
Speaker 3: Sixty million dollars and losing sixty million dollars are a completely different thing. Kanye West didn't spend a billion dollars in a day. They took the ship from him, he still had four hundred million dollars left over.
Speaker 1: They didn't take anything from Kanye.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, no, no, no no, Allegedly his net worth dropped a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: That's that's not I.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no no. But this is my point. I'm speaking to what you're about to say, glasses. His liquid money has nothing to do with what he's worth. What he's worth is going to be what his potential assets, contracts and all of that shit can be. He's actually worth a billion fucking dollars if we're being honest, Because if his shoes sell and he make like the average NBA player on a max contract or a super max is going to make a half a billion dollars over a ten year period, and if they get another one, they'll make another two hundred million. So he has the potential as a basketball player to generate seven hundred dollars on the basketball court.
Speaker 2: If he got his own shoe and Powerway commercials, he could run his network up limitlessly. Pass a billion dollars, So he's really actually worth a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Especially because he's the real healthy individual. But what I'm saying is he might have actually made sixty million dollars. So even if they say, like, oh, you suspended half the season, I still get eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, this is one of those situations where they should get fun They.
Speaker 3: Navigated that nigga money because he don't give a fuck and he think he is street nigga and he see these rappers, and the funny part about it is he don't even want to This is the funny part and why I think Jaws a fool because you're not even taking the same level of accountability and risk as the rappers that you're in, the thugs that you're mimicking and trying to act like you.
Speaker 2: Are young young boy, young NBA young boy. And then been in jail.
Speaker 3: How many times he only twenty three to been in jail like four five times? He in jailed the fans that tried to indict him. He got numerous crimes accused against him. What fucking crimes does John Mouran have a cues against him? So why is it that you feel that with all of this money in this position that you're in. Because I don't care what he says. He made itself a targer, he has made itself a tar. I'm a street nigga and Memphis. If I'm a street nigga and Memphis, he bet he better not have his jewelry on.
Speaker 2: Because if he do, he better have that motherfucking lit last gun. He'd be brash.
Speaker 3: I gotta if he if he got if he walk around with them chains on, you better have that little last pistol you got on you because I'm gonna try you now versus if you was just the nice guy on the team, like I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: People see Tiers Joneson like, oh that's the what up? Ties? How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: I like t he a nice guy. He's probably the hardest strict to see him be like that. I like him here a nice guy and he who you think they think that ship about John Morant now or they think, oh this nigga think he hard. So when I see him, he think he me. We're gonna have to see who gainst it, who really.
Speaker 4: Gainst That's also the starts difference between him and AI like he is.
Speaker 2: I disagree with that. I disagree with that.
Speaker 1: I did too many just didn't have social media exactly.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no no, even look at a beginners obviously the jail case. You went to jail for the fight, Like it's been like he's been a troubled youth. We've heard of AI being a quote unquote trouble youth since the first time you ever heard of AI. We ain't really heard these stories about John Morant until like last summer. Like AI just for a little bit more authentic than John mort does. It's like John ren is like, get daddy in your life.
Speaker 1: Now you're right there.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean yeah, like you could say, like you know he doing whatever, but they like he is there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he is there.
Speaker 5: Your mama there, AI, Shit fucking your mama was on well fed.
Speaker 4: You don't know your dad, daddy, you'd have been to jail. The fact you even you.
Speaker 1: Got all all them stereotype.
Speaker 5: Fit yeah, like yeah, you like like your mom had to go beg John Thompson to take you in college. Like everything fit with AI. So everything he did seem like very very authentic. So whatever AI is, like, bro, it's a miracle. You even made it this fart we.
Speaker 2: Ride with you.
Speaker 4: John is like, what the fuck are you doing it? Bro, we didn't like Rookie year, you wouldn't know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but John's not getting in trouble like Van.
Speaker 3: It's a difference between doing something that is illegal, something that's against the constitution, and something that as We've had this conversation before, whether or not he likes it, and I've even heard athletes say this on TV since jobing acting the food, whether or not I liked it the moment I put on that uniform and they put me on them billboards. I was a role model of children, and the kids mimic what I do. It's one second, kids, hold on one second. You go give me fifteen more seconds. It's not about the fact that he has guns. If Job was at a shooting range, or if job was in his backyard with the setup like Boosy got in his backyard, he got on tires and fake to shoot his guns in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Fun you are in a strip club with a pistol.
Speaker 3: You are riding around the city of Memphis in a car with some thug niggas. One of the niggas got accused of pointing a fucking lazer at the Indiana Pacers bus and you're riding around properly intoxicated in a car with your friends with guns. Gee, that is fucking stupid. And who the fuck wants that person to be a role model for their children unless they think this motherfucker is a rapper. He is not a fucking rapper. He is not a fucking thum geez Like. At a certain point, it's gonna catch up to him. And when it does, I want my apology again from you because I told you the first time we talked, and you called me a fucking uncle Tom and told me I was taking the white people's side.
Speaker 1: You are still. But this is the point I'm not.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is if they give you rules, abide by them, and if you don't, don't be mad when you get slapped on the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this ship we But what about when they gave Ai the same rules?
Speaker 4: He kind of abided a bout.
Speaker 1: The rules though, No, he broke rules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hollow limit to this when they when they when they put the dress code in every time AI showed up and he wasn't playing.
Speaker 4: He had a sport code on it.
Speaker 1: Two years though we were talking about the rule. But we on this span of fifteen months right now.
Speaker 3: But glass already been a rule though there is no rules there.
Speaker 2: That's a lie, my nigga.
Speaker 3: No, there is a rule in the in they rule book that say they can't have guns and ship with them while they're out of traveling with the team.
Speaker 2: Because I'm stacking them. Got in a shoot out of Indiana.
Speaker 1: Listen, he's not with the team now.
Speaker 2: But we weren't a car like he looked. Yes, he was. They was on a road trip. He flew in there the team.
Speaker 1: Hold up, listen, he wasn't with the team, Finn.
Speaker 2: That's a lie.
Speaker 1: He was not Strip club in Denver.
Speaker 5: That's why he didn't suspended, Because why he didn't Patty, we take an H and B sponsored trip.
Speaker 3: We bring one of the little homies with us. This motherfucker got a tool on the trip and we don't know. No, no, stop, stop stopping. Because John didn't pay for his flight. He got a fucking per gem like everybody else know, it's not he's traveling with the team.
Speaker 1: Let me frame it.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, let me come on now you're finished. Start, Let me why the nigga keep doing because he don't see no lines. Because niggas is still Nobody said that you can't own a just use it responsible.
Speaker 1: The reason the reason he keeps doing it is because he's a drunk I think, or he's on pills.
Speaker 4: See, I think he's cooking.
Speaker 1: This is something different. The point I'm saying to you is this is like hoops and bruise. Right, y'all go cover the Sacramento Kings game. Right they fly, y'all, They say, you come cover the Sacramento Kings game, and y'all bring glasses there and glasses with y'all we cover the game success. After the game, I go to the Strip club.
Speaker 3: And I grab your pistol and start waving it in the year like some money. And the Sacramento Kings see that ship. They gonna be like, Yo, what the fuck are you doing? We got you covering our team and you outside in the Strip club after the game waving pistols. Well, you know what I'm gonna say, sorry, like and then I'm gonna say, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll see y'all niggas in the next lifetime.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am not, so just listen. I am not because I.
Speaker 2: Can't even say, Yo, this glass is gun.
Speaker 3: It's not my gun, it's glasses gun like like this Nigga time.
Speaker 4: Ship did do that.
Speaker 1: Listen. But if I go take a picture with a politician holding an a R again, I'm just asking, I am I am agreeing with you. I have literally openly said starting is like, damn man, this dude is not listening. I really think something is wrong with him. But now what I'm asking is is it really the same thing as a I Is it the fear of what he represents?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Because he does what he like?
Speaker 1: What is he street or because people? I'm not saying he's a street Listen, I am not saying glasses.
Speaker 5: I just think Ja Moan is doing some tom fool ship and a Ya was being himself.
Speaker 1: Listen, but what if Jiz counvinced himself that he's this person?
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 1: I watched people, grown people convince themselves that they are a woman. Grown men, They'll be like, man, I'm a woman. I have been a woman my whole Bruce Jenner was Olympian gold medalist and woke up. It was like, well I always knew I was a woman and just became one and we told that we and we literally have set up a society to where right now we look at Bruce. We look at Bruce like Caitlyn. It's offensive if you call him Bruce.
Speaker 2: I call him whatever you want to.
Speaker 3: You know what, he is a murderer who won a Woman of the Year when she committed manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty insane.
Speaker 1: I'm saying either or I'm saying of the year. Is a trans thug?
Speaker 3: Look like he started off, goddamn trans thug man.
Speaker 2: He is not to be fifty cent. Got a song for it. It's called a wangster.
Speaker 1: He can't be a wangster.
Speaker 2: What is he popped?
Speaker 1: Well, if he didn a y'all say, beat somebody up and put little kid. He only twenty.
Speaker 3: G And I was just in McDonald's before I came to do your show. A bunch of high school kids walked in there, and I looked at all of them, like, damn, high school kids really are like they like small individuals, like like you just kind of like.
Speaker 4: Not all of them, man of the niggas bigg as.
Speaker 3: Hell, it ain't making you tough because you out here punching on teenagers and flashing guns on the internet.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna jump off back.
Speaker 3: I would just say this, if y'all wants me to really believe him, I want you to do a real crime.
Speaker 2: Be for real, Just do a real crime.
Speaker 1: He gotta just throw it, don't don't cut.
Speaker 2: The balls, grab the whole thing, and fucking do a real crime. That's how you feel doing a crime. Now, I know I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I said if he wants to beat a fake street guy and a faked thup, just be one.
Speaker 2: Do a real crime. You might as well.
Speaker 3: You're inviting the same energy.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he's like a thug that follows the laws.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they make glass glass. That's like you're telling me that motherfucker saying that they real. Dad's mean that they real niggas. Them two things don't add up to each other.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he's like a like remember when you was arguing with me, was having this conversation about street etiquettes and words that we use. Like he's like a real nigga, where like he just does what he say he's gonna do, like that type of real nigga. Maybe he's that kind of real nigga. Like I don't agree with that like, I don't think if you have six surgery like real nigga shit, I have six surgeries today. That's not what I would think. But maybe y'all feel like like if Tom ran up on my car, feel me, then I'm gonna give him these rounds. Real nigga shit, I got the pistol on me. Niggas playing nigga. You see me out here, nigga, I'm having it, but I got this pistol on me, real nigga shit.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this. The difference between me and you as human beings are. You have made it very apparent via marketing, via your voice, via your podcast that you are a crypt and you gang bang. So when I see you, I am go into any environment with you. I got my head on a swivel. Niggas don't see me and be like yo, when I'm with TP, I gotta have my head on the swift because they know I ain't no fucking gang bang or no cryp, and it ain't no disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It just ain't me.
Speaker 3: So if job want to create this false perception of he's sitting somewhere in the middle, go ahead, have fun with it, but it never works out.
Speaker 2: It never fucking works out. It never works out.
Speaker 3: You can you can go ahead and be half and half if you want to, until your rich, privileged ass get robbed or somebody popped your ass and then you can't play basketball.
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna have another conversation. But I don't want to.
Speaker 3: But like this entire job morant conversation is just like bro at the end the day, who do you want to be? You get the opportunity to decide in this world who you want to be. You are not privileged, because I don't believe that just because you got athletic ability you privileged. It's just like being, you know, saying somebody be like, oh, he's smart, so he's privileged. No, you do a lot of bad shit with a smart brain. So he worked as hard like you work this hard. You work this hard to throw it away, not even just because you have guns or you want to have thoes or you want people to know you have guns. You want to throw it away because you're irresponsibly showing the whole world that you don't know how to use a gun. If Joab was in his backyard with the sniper rifles set up in the tires and and fucking headphones on like they use at the gun range. Peop would just be like, damn, j'all was shooting guns on Instagram. He could just be like, Yeah, I do that for fun because I like guns. If you know, you know, recreationally, that's my thing. That's the second that's his second Amendment right. He had every right to do that. But it's a completely different thing than you riding around in the city with your homies with a pistol in your lap while your homeo ig laugh, taking the gun and putting it.
Speaker 2: Out on your head.
Speaker 4: It would be okay with him doing that either.
Speaker 2: By the way, I disagree with that. That's a lie.
Speaker 3: Chris, that's a lie. That's a lie. Chris Caman had guns. He had big ass guns. Photo, it's photos of Chris came in with his big ass guns.
Speaker 2: So we're not and.
Speaker 1: This is a problem.
Speaker 2: Don't stop. This is what I'm saying. It's photos of him with his guns.
Speaker 3: He looked like he in his fucking house, not in the car with his homies riding around with.
Speaker 2: A k's Like, are we serious, bro? Like this is not at least not excusable or.
Speaker 1: So if we have an issue with guns, Like, like, is it That's what I'm saying? Is it okay? Because your issue is not about man is a tool? That tool? I like it's Mike, let me make my point. Are we okay with white people having guns the way white people carry guns? Or are we fearful at the way black people or people that come from where we come from carry guns.
Speaker 4: That's a conversation.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm listen. I'll be honest with you. I saw the pictures of Chris came in with his guns. Chris Cramon looked like he will be at the top of a casino and kill one hundred and seventy six people.
Speaker 5: I'll look at these pictures too, all like, I don't like he posted when he was in the lead.
Speaker 4: We should about this, Yes, just.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why it is? What you mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Put the link in the chat so I can pull it up.
Speaker 1: Gee.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's anything.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's anything wrong with any NBA player owning guns, showing the fact that they have guns, if they are being responsible gun owners.
Speaker 2: But it's not. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: How is he being irresponsible because he's bragging about his weapon? Is that irresponsible.
Speaker 2: He's not bragging about his weapon.
Speaker 3: He's riding around putting the gun up to his head like this, in the car with his Hobie.
Speaker 1: Driving, He's showing his gun like if you run, man, I put.
Speaker 2: The gun up to his head like this and did this. You doing that with your gun?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I don't listen. I've had gun since I was thirteen. I never took a kid with his gun on my life. I don't even show my guns. I don't want you to know I have the gun.
Speaker 4: I don't. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, my my point is this, like granted, like again, like I said, let's.
Speaker 1: Say like.
Speaker 3: One last point about this. Chris came in thing. I seen him with hunting rifles, and I see him in a gun shot. He ain't riding around in the car with his friends on the fence.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on hold.
Speaker 5: Like all right, So let's say I'm on Instagram with the homies, right, and I don't know I got my guns in like a fucking case behind me or some ship as in like on the wall or some ship.
Speaker 4: You see my guns?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 5: Fine, I don't think It's okay for this motherfucking be posing with goddamn two fucking big ass log fucking long ass rifles on his shest while you in the league.
Speaker 4: That ain't release someone with the league represented neither.
Speaker 2: He was in a gun store.
Speaker 3: If you even click through most of these images, you see him outside on a gun range.
Speaker 2: He's being a fucking responsible gun owner.
Speaker 3: He's not just riding around in the car with his homies showing the gun on IG Live. What are we talking about, like, no, no, no difference between a legal gun and a responsible gun owner and one that showing it on I G Lab while dancing to NBA Legal. I want this an issue where he was in the NBA, don't. I want an issue where he was in the NBA because he was a responsible gun owner.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm telling you. This is the point Pavey is about to make. Go ahead, Pavy, I don't think neither one is.
Speaker 5: Oh fucking k one of them also is, because hold on, wait, let's hold on way, that's not to be real.
Speaker 4: Were talking Job Moran and Chris Kban number one. If this was fucking I don't know. Steve Nash at the height of the m v P Prime with fucking two guns on them, we may have had a different discussion.
Speaker 3: See, this is why I feel like you live in a silo. This is why I feel like you live in a silo. I don't think you live in a silo because I'm not trying to take people guns from them or telling they.
Speaker 2: Responsibly.
Speaker 3: What did I but if you but by the stance he's taking as the NBA, you're telling your players they can't have guns if they're.
Speaker 2: Responsible with them, be a.
Speaker 3: Fucking gun shot buying rifles, honnysols good as.
Speaker 4: You want to. Why are you taking picture with them, showing them off like that?
Speaker 2: Honestly because I look so so? What I so so?
Speaker 3: Now you're telling them, oh, I can't legally buy firearms or be seen with legal firearms, you know, in an environment in which you're supposed to have legal fires.
Speaker 1: What we're saying to John marit right now?
Speaker 2: Man, get the no, that's not what we're saying. That's not what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, all all right, that's not what we're saying with We don't want to know what we're saying with John Moran.
Speaker 3: Now, what we're staying with John Moran, the difference is one is at a gun range and at a gun store and the other one is on Instagram, in the strip club, flashing it and riding around the city of Memphis in a car in a passenger seat.
Speaker 4: But if it flashing it, hold on way. If it's a legal carry state.
Speaker 5: Because again we're saying it is because Chris Came isn't breaking the law doing what he's doing.
Speaker 4: If it's a legal carry state.
Speaker 1: Neither is John Moran.
Speaker 3: So my question, so you don't deem John Moran's activity to be irresponsible in the way he's been brandishing and showing off his guns to be irresponsible.
Speaker 1: I just don't do it.
Speaker 2: No, I asked you a question. It's yes or no. I you believe that. No. I asked you both a yes or no question.
Speaker 4: No, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's wrong for him. Let me tell you why if you're in another First off, I've had guns in other states, in other strip clubs, so I can't say that now. I've never I don't drink, so I've never turned up, and I don't listen to that type of music that he listening to like to where I get that super energy. I need to show you I come from. Listen, Dray and Snoop when I was younger had guns in the video. If you look at number the g thing fucko dre A, they had guns. Again. I don't think it's about Tee. I don't think it's about I think it's about what he represents to them, which is why I keep saying it's the same thing Alan Iverson represented. Listen. Neither one is breaking the rules. He ain't broke no rules. He ain't been in no arena with no guns. They ain't call him in no arena with no guns. He been on no planes with no guns. The guns are legally his because if they wasn't, he'd be in jail for sure, they'd got his ass. Right, all of these things would be happening if he broke the law. All we're saying is you could be having guns and listen to country music like Chris Caman. You got have these crazy real killer rifles that everybody right now is using the murder thirty seven people, fifty six seven, eighty people. But you can't have this rifle at a strip club where your life could be threatened at because you are a wealthy person going to this strip club where other people be. We're saying you can't ride around mephis one of the most dangerous places in the country right now. Worth, you know that just your check, your last check just cleared, you probably got thirty four million for the year with a gun. And if you show people you got a gun, it's irresponsible. I'm not saying I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Back to the I digress difference.
Speaker 1: Also, it was like years ago, it was like.
Speaker 3: Even when Draymond was shooting guns with the Israeli Army.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me make my point.
Speaker 2: I didn't see a big story about dreams.
Speaker 1: He didn't look like a nigga holding them.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, there Israeli police. He didn't look like actually you know, actually, you know what. Technically he did get flat. This article says that he gets flat, that he is under no no, It says he's under criticism by American left wing activists. I don't want to I don't want to hear all of this liberal conservative bullshit. I believe in the Constitution to you have the ability to have your guns, and therefore, you know.
Speaker 1: What might have anything bad to say. This is a job.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's not about laws. I said.
Speaker 1: The only thing it could be if you are, if you are a constitutionist like yourself. The only thing it could be his laws. It can't be how I do my thing within the law.
Speaker 3: It's not about within the law. It's about It's not that I say he needs to go to jail. Have you ever heard me say tell you? Why would you ever heard me say he need to get a ticket? Have you ever heard me say he needed to be indicted? You heard me say anything involved in law enforcement? Or have you heard me say that he is on a path to crashing out and he keeps doing stupid ship with guns and eventually.
Speaker 2: Not gonna end rite.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You only heard me say the ladder. You didn't hear me say none of the other ship. And even before when I said it, I said they need to suspend him to show him that like we understand, But there's another way you can go about doing this. But it's for eight games.
Speaker 1: And he wanted let me ask you a question again. Let's I digress. My original point is if your job that pays you thirty six million dollars a year, you're not to wear a green shirt. Just don't wear green shirts. So I do think he's on drugs or drunk, something's wrong because why'd you wear his green shirt? But again, somebody like you right at the same time, if he's not breaking the law, if he just looking like a nigga with a gun, there is it. We don't want nigga activity.
Speaker 2: Hold on without activity.
Speaker 3: Can I say what about the energy and the things that way marketing? Because actually what he's doing right now, it's a arrible fucking market.
Speaker 4: And I say, okay, okay, and it's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not the right wingers back in the basketball.
Speaker 3: Can I say, wait, but that's also I don't have a problem with with him having a gun, but why do I need to see it on Instagram while you raning around here?
Speaker 4: I say one thing.
Speaker 5: Granted, these Chris came in videos and move I don't know how old they are. I have no idea how oh, y'all, he's been retired for a very long time. But let's just say he posted this.
Speaker 4: Ship in twenty twenty three, and he was Chris.
Speaker 5: Came in and light out all these fucking school shoes and ship that people doing. If you a fucking white man posting big ass rifles, I'm a thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like shoot up one day? Is you the n b A and you have an issue with that too?
Speaker 3: Or you have the issue with Chris came and you know what you're gonna do? All them fucking people in the South that love they gone. I'm sorry, So are they guns and the gun have them?
Speaker 4: We never we never said you couldn't have them?
Speaker 2: Okay, if it's responsible, we hold on?
Speaker 5: Wait, hold wait, who am I to judged the level of responsibility, especially when we see it got them mass shoot every a week. All I'm saying is this, you can have all the guns you want to have, but why do we.
Speaker 1: Need to know you.
Speaker 2: That's a stereotype. That's a stereotype.
Speaker 3: That's like somebody saying because you's black, you will walk around with a fucking gun.
Speaker 2: It's a fucking stereotype. Let's sit out of here. I don't like that. That's a stereotype. That's a fucking stereotype.
Speaker 3: You ain't never heard ship about Chris came in Brandon or hurt anybody with.
Speaker 2: His fucking gun.
Speaker 4: Never heard nothing about Joamraan hurt. Nobody was guns either? Yeah, yeah, yeah about yeah, how oldest Chris came?
Speaker 2: How is joa Moran John Moran twenty three. Chris came.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's be honest. Chris came in is more likely to kill more people than Ja Moran.
Speaker 2: Uh just yeah, jo No, No, you wanted something funny.
Speaker 4: JOA.
Speaker 2: Moran is more likely to kill himself being dumb with a gun that Chris came in? Is this I got? I will I'm not even you not know? So that's my whole fucking point.
Speaker 3: One, just right, But but you can't. But you can't discern between what you see as a possible it's not a slippery fucking slow. You just told me you know what he was doing was irresponsible.
Speaker 4: Because because again responsibility.
Speaker 3: Flopping again, flip flopping, you flip flopping if you made is a responsible adope?
Speaker 1: Yeah no.
Speaker 4: But if I was Chris off either probably not.
Speaker 5: If I got an F sixteen, I'm probably not going online and showing that ship, so don't ask me.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be doing shit that neither one of them is doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never had to ask me. And again I'm I'm making this point. If your job that pays you thirty six million dollars a year tells you don't wear green shirt I'm not gonna wear a green shirt. If my job that passed me thirty six million dollars a year might tell me not to wear braids, I probably wouldn't wear braids. Have been consistent arguments from you know, our dish for about how we want to do our things versus how people feel like it represents what Tom is saying. The way he looks carrying and brandishing that firearm, he looks like his idea of a guy in the streets, even though guys in the streets don't do that. Some of my homies are some of the craziest people in the world. I ain't never seen him putting no gun on traffic and be just doing all that. I don't know. That's like TV or something. It's like something from television. I don't quite know where that comes from, because the gods where I'm from, that's really get active. And maybe these new guys are different. Maybe these new guys are different. That's what the street guys do now. I don't know. I'm just saying, if he's doing it within the legal ramifications of the law and he's not breaking any written rules in the NBA, I can see if he brought on the plane. Let's be different conversations. I can see if he brought an arena, it's a different conversation. But you mad that he the reality is you mad because what you think he's doing is thugging. He's going to a strip club. Just listen.
Speaker 2: I don't care about I don't care about himself.
Speaker 1: Let me make my do.
Speaker 2: I need to see it.
Speaker 1: It don't don't matter if you see this.
Speaker 2: I've only seen you thugging in your music videos.
Speaker 1: But listen to the point. Listen to the point. That's what people say to suppress homosexual or trans people. Look, whatever you do in your bedroom is fine. I don't want to see it. That's the same ignorant approach. It's okay if I have one hundred guns and they're legal and I want to show them. Stop following me again.
Speaker 2: I'm with you time.
Speaker 1: Listen. I already agree with you. If my job that pay me thirty six million said don't wear a green shirt, I'm not wearing it. It don't even got to be a rule. If they advise me not to wear green shirts, hey, you know what, the boss really don't like green. They give me thirty six million, Yeah, I ain't wearing No, they'll be pinching me on it. I'm not fucking around.
Speaker 4: But which is why he might be a drug.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying he's taking some kind of drugs that they're not testing for out with them guys. Or he drunk because he still know the rules. Why he don't got guns in the locker room. Why you don't got guns on the plane. He's having these weird moment lapses, these these these these weird moments where his like even he ain't even gone live this time, like he knew, let me not go live. His partner went on live and will turn the keemra, oh he got the gun out. I know why the young boys is pulling out the camera.
Speaker 3: I don't really believe that his partner was even trying to show him with the gun. No, I think it was a damn like damn is why you do that? But like I don't think his partner had the intention of like, oh no, yeah, probably yeah, I'm with yoah.
Speaker 2: But you don't think Jos fin a pull even if it's my gun.
Speaker 1: I know out the console, And I'm not feeling that people blaming the street dude.
Speaker 2: I'm not blaming him I'm not blaming his head.
Speaker 4: I'm that ship John, crazy ass. When to do that ship, that's on you.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm trying to tell y'all some wrong.
Speaker 4: With the boy.
Speaker 1: He on the dope.
Speaker 2: He owned that ship.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning into The note Seller's podcast, Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by my homeboy A King for the Black Effect Podcast Network and now heard Radio. Yeah.