Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: All right, Gods, welcome back e y L the reup edition. Yeah, reuppack.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you if you follow, if you haven't been under the rock for the last fifteen months, you understand what this is about. This is going to be legendary situation. So around almost thirteen months ago. I believe we did it. We did episode forty four of Earning Your Leisure with Leon Howard.
Speaker 4: Big Trap, the Biggest Trapper.
Speaker 2: Vegas aka Wall Street Trapper aka Big Trap, your.
Speaker 3: Coin. It's it's already going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that episode just changed everything. Man. If it is your first time ever watching your Leasion, you might not be familiar with us or brother Wall Street Trapper. You know that he just is a dynamic force that's literally changing not only the culture but the world as far as teaching stocks and teaching investing in a way that I've never seen anybody actually be able to relate you know, common you know language, street terms and break it down into very sophisticated business and stocks and investing language. And it started a whole movement and thousands, hundreds of thousands of people that you know are loyal trappers worldwide.
Speaker 4: The Trap you know a fact.
Speaker 3: That's how original it is. Man.
Speaker 5: I can't I haven't seen anybody even trying to duplicate it. It's so unique to you, you know what I mean, So kudos you for that, bro.
Speaker 2: You know, when the Bro reached out and he was like, you know, I think it's time man, for you know, round two and reacts, man, listen, let's let's do it.
Speaker 6: Man, let's break the internet again.
Speaker 2: And but he was like, you know, this time, I got a little different twist I want to put on it. So I'm like, what's up, Like talk to me. So he's like the first time, and if you haven't watched episode forty four, you need to do that. You're doing yourself with your minutes of service. But the first time, he was like, you know, we just kind of we talked about investing, We talked about stocks, we talked about you know, a lot of different things, like much like a one on one, but you know, where we're at now is a pivotal moment, not only in just world history but for our culture, Like this is this is a pendulum shift where you can actually make some real changes and change your generation for years to come. So he was like, yo' it's bigger than just telling people with stocks to invest in, Like, we got an opportunity to actually change generations. So I'm like, what you're talking about. He's like, yo, I want to do something where it's like I'm laying out of blueprint for not only yourself, for your family and your children and your children's children, and that led to a series of conversations which led to, you know, us actually collaborating and we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: What, my man MG, the mortgage guy, always say, collaboration is better than.
Speaker 6: Competitions, you know what I'm saying. So we actually.
Speaker 2: Actually even bigger than just the show, Like we put together something just on our own, you know, as entrepreneurs just coming together. That's just gonna, you know what I mean, really change everything. But we definitely had to do a show. I'm like, bro, we need to do a show like to really like get his get his game out here, man. So that's what we're here for right now. We're going to give a billion dollars worth a game, one hundred years worth, a game for investing for you know, how to how to really get up on on investing, how to change your future of your family, how to dissect businesses, all that stuff. So strap your seat belts in first and foremost, get your man, and most importantly, trapper attire is required.
Speaker 6: First and foremost. Man, welcome back, my brother man.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to be back.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Shot my brothers Man, Troy shah Man. It's number love whole. Aren't leisure family?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Just appreciate y'all letting me come back.
Speaker 7: You know, any time we put something together, it seem like we shift the culture every time, you know what I'm saying. I know, we just did a live like the other day, you know what I'm saying, And I think that was great that live we did. That was impromptu, you know what I'm saying. Ten thirty at night, we got fifteen hundred people on a live and we just having a conversation similar to we all what we always have. It's crazy for that because we allowed it was like us allowing people to hear a conversation that we always have, you know what I'm saying. And I think that's just monumental, man, every time we get to talk, you know. And I think it's a great balance for people because for me, I think I always say it's more of us than it is them. And what I mean by that is it's more people trying to figure it out, you know what I'm saying. It's more people trying to understand how can I get in a better situation? What do I have to do to improve? Like I see people living and I'm tired of struggling. It's way more to us than it is the ones who figured it out. So for me, I feel like I always got to be in the trenches. I always got to be with the people who trying to figure it out, even if I got to do it one by one, you know what I'm saying. So for them to hear that and for me to be with you all, like I love this platform because, like I told y'all the first time, man, like y'all doing something amazing.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, it's showing.
Speaker 7: Thirteen months later, Man, we're almost four hundred thousand people on the ground. With YouTube, y'all almost got a million people, bro, man't account with people doing in audio. You know what y'all doing with audio's I can easily see y'all touch a million people every time y'all post something, bro. And it's not on no you know, no laughing stuff, it's not on no, you know, just nothing caring balls and nothing. You know, nothing against that, bro. But it's straight. It's straight, giving people what they need.
Speaker 4: It's straight. I know.
Speaker 7: I know it happens to me every time y'all see somebody. I can guarantee this it ain't a date that y'all leave out.
Speaker 4: Y'all hood. Somebody tell y'all, bro y'all changing my life.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And for me that mean a lot because I know what I injected to the culture in my past. So for me to be able to now say I can change your family with teaching them how to invest, teaching them about financial literacy, teach them about the things I've learned, and I can bring it to this to y'all platform.
Speaker 4: And I think that's amazing. Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is one of the moments. Like I said, the last time you came here was a classic. This time around the scenery has changed a little bit, but I feel like it was a story getting to know who Wall Street Trapper was and then you gave out knowledge. And I think the reup now is like here, come to execution. Now we're gonna put you on play to really bridge the gap on like what you need to do now that you've got.
Speaker 2: Before we start. I thank you also because we just came from Dykman. You was with us, traps with us this whole weekend. We was working out together, we was doing everything together, and you know, we had an amazing, amazing community give back over four hundred turkeys, was giving away ten thousand dollars in cash, gift cards, was giving away TV trip to Disneyland, iPad.
Speaker 6: It was just so much stuff, man.
Speaker 2: So shout out to thykmen, basket Pete, and shout out to MG the mortgage guy. Shout out to Jamal, Shout out my sister, Shout out to everybody.
Speaker 6: Just came to Dye and you was a dead man and the people came.
Speaker 8: Yo. They passed me, They like, YO, excuse me?
Speaker 4: Is that New York showed me love?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 7: Like when I look at my analytics, like New York is the number one, And I know.
Speaker 3: It's two things too.
Speaker 4: You know. Of course I'm putting in work, but I know I rock with y'all so hard.
Speaker 7: Y'all always it's literally not a podcast or alive that I've seen you all do.
Speaker 4: What y'all don't say. Shout my bro Wall Street trap I've seen.
Speaker 7: Y'all go on revault and I saw Troy say one thing my brother Wall Street Trapp will always say. So I think you know that I feel like New York is like another home, you know, because when I come here with y'all. So for me to be a month's dad, it's like, damn, like they rock with me in New York too, you know what I'm saying, Like they're showing me love, like people telling me like go eat here, trap, go eat there, and you know, so that was just love for me. And also this time around, I felt more comfortable here and just being in that whole area, that whole Dykeman area.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I just always looking around and I was seeing people and I was like, bro, Like in my mind, I just kept saying, we got a lot more work to do. I kept saying that. I'm like Troy, we got a lot more work to do. Shot, we got a lot more work to do. Because I'm seeing it, you know what I'm saying. And I'm seeing myself again. You know what I'm saying. I'm seeing me moving forward in progress, and I'm seeing why I can't do certain things because I got to go back here. The language in the hood is the same everywhere. The slangs just changed, but the language and the thread that's in every hood is the same. Struggle trying to figure it out, keep bumping my head against the wall. You know what, I'm saying so for me is all right, let me show them. I know you want to eat today, but let me show you how to.
Speaker 3: Put a meal on the table for generations.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 6: That's the fact, man.
Speaker 2: And that's a perfect segue because, like Choy said, the first time was like the beginning, like execution.
Speaker 6: So let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: As far as the investment, you the Wall Street trapper, So obviously stock market is your game. So anybody that's been investing, I feel like a lot of people came into stocks around this pandemic, and it's been a flush of new investors that started to come into the marketplace and now they're actually being educated on stock market. They're watching trapping Tuesdays, they're watching market Mondays, shout out to the end to end.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the things even I struggle with sometimes is like how do you know when it's selling stock? Because everybody, a lot of people tell you like this is a good time to buy the stock, right Like obviously, like if it's twenty percent off of it's high, then you can use that metrics, or if it's you know, it's it's different strategies of how to know when to buy a stock. But there's not really too many metrics or strategies that I've seen. It's know when it's selling stock. So how do you what's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 7: So I have a few ways in which I deal with selling the stock right. So one of the is I ask before I even buy a stock first, I want, you know, put a valuation on it, like.
Speaker 4: What I think the company is worth.
Speaker 7: So before you get doing anything, you got to put a price tag on it, after you research the business, after you understand what it's worth. Because if you don't know what it's worth, you don't know when to sell, you don't know when to buy. So you got to put that price tag on it. And that only comes from doing the fundamental research right, understand the business. And so one of the things I like to tell myself is simple, once it gets to one hundred percent for me, now it's time for me to think about do I have another business?
Speaker 3: Because I don't want to just.
Speaker 6: Say hundred profit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want to just sell and have the money sitting in my account. I think that's what most people do. Like, so you got to put a tag on it and then put a life expectancy on it, like what do I expect it to do in this timeframe? And is it up a certain percentage in this time frame? So for me, the goal is already buy and hold five years, ten years, twenty years, like you have to have a life expectancy of it, how you wanted to perform. And then I'm asking myself, well, in this time if I'm up one hundred percent or more, if i have another stock that I'm willing to invest in. That's why we should always be looking for new businesses. That's why I tell people all the time, like I don't care what's going on every day, I'm researching new businesses because the world gonna keep on solving problems. That's what businesses are, man, They solve problems, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So the world always is presented with a problem.
Speaker 7: Somebody's always going to try to do something better, like Amazon drop whatever they drop, Boom, Snowflake.
Speaker 4: Coming with They say I could do it better than Amazon, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So now they're saying, Okay, let me find different businesses that are solving different problems or doing things better than other businesses. Even Jeff Beezo said that he said, there's going to be a time where some business is gonna come and do better than what I'm doing at what I'm doing, which is why he keeps on spreading a business out. So what I like to do is again put the light time span on it, whether it's a five year, three year, two year, one year.
Speaker 4: Whatever that case may be.
Speaker 7: If I'm up one hundred percent or more and I found I'm another business that I like, I can take those profits and then put it in another piode.
Speaker 5: So when you get to one hundred percent, right, are you saying, like, are you taking a portion of the shares or you completely leaving the position?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 7: So I want to stay in a position, right because if it's up one hundred percent, to me, that I mean it's still performing well. Like if the fundamentals are increasing, management is doing a great job.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 7: I don't want to exit that position, right, So I can take some of those profits, which means selling some of those shares when people don't know, like, because I heard people ask me that, like, if I take profit, does that mean I'm selling some of the shares? Of course you are. You know what I'm saying so you'll sell some of those shares and you will put it in a new business and now you can start another position with those profits, which is ideal.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Another way for me to sell is if the business is not performing well, you know what I'm saying. So if I did the research on it, if I evaluated a business, and also in evaluating a business, when you put it life expectancy on it or time span that you want to do it you being intentional, right, and so you ask, so what is the growth rate of this business?
Speaker 6: So how would you call?
Speaker 2: Because this is something that even today in Thankmen, somebody came up to me and he was like, you know, I know I should invest in good companies, but how do I know? How do I find? How do I even find a good company? Like do you have to like read newspapers?
Speaker 6: Like how do you like? What's your process? Actually?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 6: Okay? Like you said, you gotta constantly find new businesses? Right? How do you constantly find new business?
Speaker 7: So an easy way for me, I still use the method like I did in prison. Man, I just look at all them ticker symbols that's going down the bottom of CNBC, Like that's putting it on training wheels. That's without you happen to even do anything, or like you get on CNBC shout out to the trap was because I told them missing they do it now, Like you get on CNBC and there's a bunch of ticker symbols running across the bottom, ones that you don't know about that like, now what is that? Write it down? Like, don't be scared to do that. Another thing is also I just look at what's going on everything. I'm buying everything. I'm looking at it saying who made this?
Speaker 4: What this is? Who produced this? Who did that?
Speaker 7: You know, if I'm looking at tech, I won't see like what tech been. Like the other day I found out that a business the ticket symbol was rby L. I was like, oh, this is the people who make light saw, Like I didn't know who made it. But as I'm reading the papers, I saw that light saw sales had increased by seventy percent. The first thing I want to know is.
Speaker 4: Who make that right? Who make that?
Speaker 7: Who make light saf right? And I'm gonna find out if it's public as private right. So I think that's the easy part in finding businesses. And then what happens is when you're looking at one business, it's always going to shoot you to another business. It's always going to shoot you to its competitor. Like so that's for me. I always do that what this business is doing, I want compare it to something. So now I'm gonna look up such and such peers, So I know the competitor.
Speaker 4: Light saw, it's Clorox. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So that's easy, that's like, it's it's not hard because sixty percent of the businesses in America on a stock money.
Speaker 5: So now that part of your fundamentals is that's the first step, right looking for peers. What else are we doing to make sure that this is a good company are we looking at? I know one of the things you love is not debt, but what it's all the things that we looking at when we're trying to figure out yep, this is a good company.
Speaker 3: Motes, oh Motes.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you when you said that last song? I always heard when you talk about most of that. I mean, we're big Game of Thrones fans, so when we it makes me thinking like when they was at Castle Black and it was like, yo, they can't get into the.
Speaker 3: Castle because the war is always around and so.
Speaker 7: Like I'm like, oh, that's how I think about motes. When you said it's exactly what can you talk about most? So a mote is what protects a company from its competitors, right, And so there's there's different kinds of most. And that's another thing for me too. When I'm looking at a business. I actually told the guy it's at Dykeman today.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 7: He explained to me about a business he was looking at and he was like, they got a moat And I was like, so, what's the moat? And he was like, well, they're the only person doing this in they feel And I said, ask yourself this question.
Speaker 3: Are they the only business that's.
Speaker 7: Doing it because they have an advantage like they can they have a patent on it?
Speaker 4: Or did management find a way to what they it will.
Speaker 7: Cost another business too much money to try to replicate that, or just can are they just the first ones to do it and then anybody else can come back and do it. If that's the case, it's not a mote, you know what I'm saying. If I can speed rap and then if Rashad if Troy studied me for three weeks and then he learned how to speed rap.
Speaker 4: Then he can he can challenge me. Now you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But if I can speed rap in a way that he can't get it, I now have.
Speaker 3: Set myself apart.
Speaker 7: Right, So a mote, there's different motes that businesses can have. What is so a mote is what protects a business from its competitors. Right, It's some type of product or service that this business has that their competitors cannot do. And they cannot do it for multiple reasons. One, it'll cost them too much money to do it right, So it's gonna cost you too much money to replicate.
Speaker 4: This Chipotle chapote you feel. I mean.
Speaker 7: So they have this amazing moat where they build relationships.
Speaker 4: Anywhere that they build a store.
Speaker 7: Rap, they find local farm within one hundred mile radius and they partner with them in anything that the farmers need. They're willing to help them for two reasons. One to make sure the crops are great, and two to solidify themselves as the plug. So you grow fresh crops. I'm a bond from you. But here's what you need and if you need help with end of it this, I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: So now what that does is it allows them now for their competitors to come beat them. You gotta double my price, so now it's going to cut into your profit, which now gets into low operational costs. The cost that it cost is the business to operate. You feel what I'm saying. So because Chapote they have done that. Now, the second mold to that is every day they give you fresh ingredients because they've partnered with all the local farmers around that business. Right, so every day now they've guaranteed to give you fresh vegetables that is extremely hard to replicate. It's gonna cost you too much money to replicate this, so at this point it's not even worth it.
Speaker 5: So from what I'm hearing, it's like, yo, if I wanted to make the burrito, right, if I don't have that mode, it's gonna cost me like sixteen dollars, where it's gonna cast Chipotle like.
Speaker 3: Seven dollars something like that.
Speaker 7: So in that sense, and then pricing is a type of mote. It's called a pricing mode, all right, So there's other types of motes. There's another another mode that I really love is called a switching mote. So a switching mode is so how hot. So example, let's think about this business called let's just think about Apple.
Speaker 4: Let's just keep it simple. So most people who.
Speaker 7: Have iPhones, they also have MacBook pros, or they'll have an Apple Watch, or they're in that Apple ecosystem. Right, the chances of me he's switching from Apple to Android or any other type of phone, it's slimming none. Because now I gotta switch all my information off the Apple cloud to somebody else's cloud. That's a switching mode. Or in business, a lot of businesses will do this. So let's say cybersecurity. Right, So let's say a business has all of their I'm using this cyber security business to protect all of my brands. It's extremely hard for me to switch from this cybersecurity company to another cyber security company because all of my information is stored here. It becomes now, it becomes a hassle, whereas I can just work let's work this out to see what the problem is and fix it. So switching modes are extremely great because nobody likes to switch.
Speaker 4: People love conveniences. Businesses are the same way.
Speaker 7: I don't have to go through all Now I gotta shut business down, I gotta lose money, or I gotta be I gotta open my business now becomes vulnerable to something like cybersecurity is serious, which is why I love cybersecurity.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: So any brand that it becomes a hassle for another brand, for the business, for its customers of service to leave that brand to go to another brand, that's a switching mode.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this as far as like another thing that we haven't spoken about before. You're real big on like people hear like growth stocks, right, and but what does that mean? Like what is a growth stock? Because for an average person, they're thinking like, I'm only buying the stock, so you grow think like I'm not buying a non growth stock or a dead stagnant stock.
Speaker 6: So what's a growth stock?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So this is this is dope.
Speaker 7: Like, So a while back, what I did was I had broke down stocks the way I break them down. So I put stocks in three different situations. Right is young bucks, og, gangsters, and ogs. Right, So it's three different categories. So young bucks I used in comparison, I use somebody like little Baby, right, So somebody who he has a huge upside the potential. He just started his career, right, so his upside is extremely good. Right, But what comes with that, Because he's young, he's still liable to get make some mistakes along the way that may jeopardize his career. Right, but the upside is amazing, Like you see it. You see he's a star.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: That's a growth stock, right, that's somebody with a lot of potential. And what happens is growth stocks tend to outperform the market for numerous amount of years. But the thing about them is they are extremely volatile because the company will make mistakes and a lot of times they aren't necessarily profitable in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: So now what happens is the company you gotta ask yourself risk tolerance comes into play, like can I deal with the downsides of this relationship with this stock?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: And so then we have your gangsters.
Speaker 7: Right, So your gangsters is somebody who probably who've been around for a minute. They're a little more mature, right, been in but they'll still they'll still you'll see them in the news if something pop off, you know what I'm saying, Like something can happen, right, And then you have your ogs.
Speaker 3: And that's like your.
Speaker 7: Johnson and Johnson's they've been around for you know, they consistent.
Speaker 6: Then going nowhere they.
Speaker 7: Hear so like somebody like Netflix will kind of be like a gangster.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: They still kind of volatile, but you still see the upside. They still have growth in them. But any given day you can get up and they down two you know what I'm saying. Whereas a growth start, you get up to date, it's up, tomorrow's down ten percent.
Speaker 4: You're like, god, damn, you know what I'm saying. What happened right here? Oh? Yeah, you know they shot a club up like you know, like on TMZ right now.
Speaker 3: So what so that's a grosso What about a value stock?
Speaker 7: So a value stock will lot fall under like your OG stocks, right, somebody like Calipillar, somebody like Johnson and Johnson, walg Yeah it's OG so but it has a ton of value, right, The value is there. But also value stocks tend to not have growth and they're trading less than what the market says they should be trading at, you know what I'm saying, So then it will be an undervalue stock. But value stocks are stocks that have consistently performed well, provided value to the marketplace, and we just know what they're about. You know what I'm saying, And so it make it easy so people don't get lost in the sauce.
Speaker 3: And confuse them.
Speaker 7: Think about your ogs, like think about stocks that have been around since you was a kid.
Speaker 2: So so like so, like a growth stock is something that has tremendous upside, but it's also extremely Like a young rapper that's just getting money for the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gonna he gonna mess up something.
Speaker 2: And then what's the second one? The gangster that's just like you've been around long enough when you know the ropes, but you still like you.
Speaker 4: Still can make a mistake.
Speaker 2: Like a French Montana French he safe man, I would say, I was, I was, So you.
Speaker 7: Get so now you got to ask yourself, like, so Jez would you could consider Jesus So he would be like in the middle of you know, and I do won't really get into this cause like.
Speaker 8: You said that, yeah.
Speaker 7: But like so for me, like I would look at somebody like when I made the post, that's what it was like, somebody.
Speaker 4: Like a fab or Jez.
Speaker 7: For me, that's like yeah, and then so Jay z is he not even get a parking ticket. And now at this point, like you know, his career like like a fat Joel, a jezn.
Speaker 4: That's your ogs, like they solid, they strong.
Speaker 7: You know, if they dropped something, you're gonna cop that on the strength because like you you remember, it's gonna take you back, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so the gangsters would be.
Speaker 3: Like your gezy, you fast. You know what I'm saying, your kiss.
Speaker 5: So we got Ogi's we got and got young. Where you putting Tesla in that?
Speaker 4: Oh man?
Speaker 7: So for me, honestly, it's a young buck because even though they've been around, the now become established and they're extremely volatile, right and they like eli running it like sugar night.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: I do what I want. I say what I want. Man, I don't care if you don't like it or not. I don't even care the shall holders like what I say or not. Look, this is we're doing the Probably the stock too high. Next day that the stock go down, you make up like yo, I was up eight percent, I woke up two hundred.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So Tesla is definitely a young buck, you know what I'm saying, but it's one of those young bucks like little baby, Like every time I drop it's.
Speaker 4: A banger, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: What about what about? All right?
Speaker 2: So, like what's an example of like a good growth stock out there right now?
Speaker 6: In your opinion?
Speaker 7: Tesla was one where we talked about that already. Right, I'm gonna be real.
Speaker 6: I like beyond me, beyond me, like beyond me? Like why you like beyond me?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 7: Because you so? One of the things it's good to look at is actually where where where the world is heading?
Speaker 4: Right? So we and even though beyond me isn't a.
Speaker 7: Healthy move, Like, let's just be real, a lot of people don't care about their hell, bro when.
Speaker 2: You say it's not healthy because it's process.
Speaker 7: But for somebody who is saying will be like, nah, I'm not doing that, you know what I'm saying. But somebody who like, yo, I'm trying to eat better. I don't want eat meat no more. The first thing they're gonna do beyond me, you know what I'm saying. And then when you look at market share, like it's in the fast food industry, it's partnering with fast foods, it's partnering with your Trader Jeels. It's partnering with you know, overseas, it's partnering with your dunkin Donuts, you know what I'm saying. So like he moving like he out there he is, Like it's like mix tape wheezy. Like I mean, I'm everywhere you go. I'm there, I'm dropping a mixtape here like that. I'm dripping a mixtape there.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's mixtaate wheezy. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm putting it on my back. I'm gonna lead the way, you know what I'm saying. And so you know, other people gonna come, but I'm out here. But at the same time, the minute somebody like McDonald's said, I was just I was I was going.
Speaker 3: The minute somebody like mcdonald' say.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't. Ain't I'm not bumping that over here.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't.
Speaker 5: And that's crazy that you said because in my mom I'm thinking, like I'm happy you said beyond me because I was invested in beyond me.
Speaker 3: But when you hear somebody like McDonald's obviously.
Speaker 5: A big real estate player, obviously McDonald's when they said we don't need the middle man. We're not partnering with like an impossible like Berry King did. What do you think it does to the business of beyond me?
Speaker 7: So what I love about them was this again your mix taate wheezy. Right, it's a good song, but I'm better on the hook. I'm better in it. So when McDonald said that, what they said, hold up, don't forget who you came to for that verse. Don't forget who you came to. And so McDonald said, Okay, you're right. We did partner with them and making the mech veggie or whatever the mech plant like we did.
Speaker 4: We did go to beyond me and get the formula. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So again I'm leading the industry like this me so that to me, that's a great growth stock.
Speaker 4: I'm not telling people to buy it here because I got it at like sixty six dollars.
Speaker 6: It's just an example.
Speaker 7: It's just an example of the nature of a growth. Like you can get up any given day and beyond me to be down ten percent.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 4: But you can also get up any given day and it run for three weeks straight.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Like, so that's the that's the example of that's a young buck, that's a growth stop.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this for common peo that might be, you know, struggling just to just to have enough money to pay bills, right, what would be your suggestion to kind of what's a good starter way for them to actually start investing?
Speaker 6: Like what's your opinion?
Speaker 2: Because I know, like you know what I'm saying, a lot of times people might that might be a hurdle for them to be like, well, I don't really have enough discretionary income to put money into the stock market.
Speaker 6: What's your what's your what's your thoughts for them?
Speaker 7: So let me make sure I understand what you're saying, right, Like you're saying they don't have enough money to invest, how should they start?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make sure I can answer it right no, like as far as like if they if they're struggling to invest, Like, what's some like what would be like because for me, I'm looking at like even like an HSA right where people a lot of times might not be familiar with that, Like that's the way to actually start investing via your health insurance. It's like a backdoor investment way. People don't know what h HSA is. It's a health savings account and break that down. Yeah, so like the health savings account is so like you have like a high deductible health plan, right, which is like very propulable young Like I have a high deductible health plan. And it's like usually when you don't go to the doctor a lot, your premium, Like why would you pay for the regular health plan like an HMO or PPO when you can get a high deductible health plan. But the thing with the high deductible health plan is that it's a higher deductible, right, So it's like let's say you got the PPO, the premium might be like, let's say four hundred dollars a month, but with the high deductible plan, it's two hundred dollars a month. But your deductible is a lot higher. Deductible might be two times higher than the PPO. So if you if you go too many times you get caught out there, you got to pay more money out of pocket.
Speaker 6: So it's a calculated risk.
Speaker 2: But a lot of young The reason why I mentioned is that a lot of young people and a lot of people with every dollar's count. They might either they don't go to the doctor that much, or they're just making financial decisions where it's like, you know what, I really can't afford the PPO, so I'm gonna do the high deductible or whatever. So one of the good things with the high deductible plan is that allows you with the health savings account. So with the Health Savings Account, it's pretty much like a savings that you're putting money into to pay for that deductible or any out of pocket expenses that you may have. Right, But the good thing is that the money comes up out of your paycheck before you actually get paid. It's like the four one K Okay, you know what I'm saying. So it actually lowers your taxable income because it's the thing with the four to one K is that when you put money into a four on one case, what's called pre tax dollars.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: So it's like, if you're making one hundred thousand and you put ten thousand in, now you're taxed on ninety thousand because it lowers your taxable income by ten thousand dollars. So now with the HSA, like the most you can put in is thirty five hundred, thirty five to fifty for a single person in seventy one hundred for a family. So let's say you put three thousand dollars into the HSA, So now that you're making, you know, sixty thousand dollars, and now it lowers your taxable income, so you're not paying any taxes on it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But the cool thing about it is that it can actually be invested, like how four one k, So you can put it in like different type of investments, stock market investments, mutual fund stuff like that, and now the money grows. So now let's say you put like three thousand dollars in for one year, right, but you got to go to the eye doctor and you gotta get glasses or whatever, any type of medical expense. Instead of not having money to pay for it, you've been saving and you just use your HSA and they give you like a debit card and all that. But if you don't go to the doctor, because it's a calculated risk, right, that's the whole point of having a high deductible plan, You're not going to the doctor. So if you don't go to the doctor, what happens is that that money rolls over and to the next year. So now next year you start with three thousand, right, So what happens is that the money grows, and it's kind of similar to an IRA because at the age sixty five, you can actually take that money out without paying a penalty. You take it out before you get a penalty. Now it's sixty five, you can take the money out. You just pay state and federal tax. You don't pay a ten percent penalty or twenty percent penalty for taking the money out early. So that's kind of like a backdoor way, like for me opinion, where it's like, I gotta save money for my health insurance.
Speaker 6: So if my budget was let's say four.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars a month, right, I'd rather do the high deductible plan, put two hundred towards the premium two hundred towards the HSA. If I got to use it for that, I'm gonna use it anyway. But if not, now that's going to be like an investment, you know what I'm saying. A couple thousand dollars over the course of time adds up. You might have one hundred thousand dollars in thirty years.
Speaker 5: I'm from the world where it was like, yo, if you didn't use your benefits this year, they don't roll over the next.
Speaker 3: It's like you better use it by the eleventh of November.
Speaker 2: But the thing about it is it's so many different things as far as like even with the four one K, people don't know that you got a raw four one K option you might have that, like and it's like you don't even know a lot of times what's offered at your job, right, And this is why education is so important.
Speaker 6: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like little stuff like that might change the direction of your bro you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You get that email like in this world, in this world, yeah, you're not familiar with this has been a while, right, So in this one, like they give you a like, Yo, this financial advisor is coming on December fifteenth if you want a schedule appointment, And it'd be something like the dude with ball headed with glasses and he talking to you and you're like, Yo, what is.
Speaker 3: He talking about?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, But like this type of information is like yo, people just knew it.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, But so yeah, so like for you, like I want you to really hammer a home, like even you could save even one hundred dollars more right, I got you fifty dollars a month, gotcha.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So let me say this first. Man, I say this on Trapping Tuesday all the time, and I don't know if people be thinking I'd be dead serious. Yo, Listen, I'm not a fiduciary or financial advisor. Know that everything I say is for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 3: On well, you can take him.
Speaker 7: If you can't mitigate the risk, you must seek out financial advisory.
Speaker 4: I'm not one, but I know one by the name of Rasha podcast. He can take you to glory. I can just take you to this.
Speaker 7: Listen, this dude is so smart they sleep on I'd say that every Tuesday, man, and people be laughing.
Speaker 4: But this dude is brilliant.
Speaker 7: Man, you he just broke that dumb he had me like I just got Blue Cross.
Speaker 4: I'm happy I got to call this guy when he come with I got an idea, I'm saying. But that's that's that's real talk.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: So one of the things I like to do is tell people to say, try to save ten percent whatever they make, write whatever you make it. If you get one hundred dollars a week, save ten percent. If you get one hundred dollars every two weeks, save ten percent. And so the easiest way to get in the market, because we understand that the stock market does for you way more than putting your money in the.
Speaker 3: Bank to do for you.
Speaker 7: Right, we already understand. We all have beat that drum forever, right, And so one of the things you can do is get into index funds on ets, right. And the reason being is because so let's say you not, you're not You're not comfortable enough to say, let me buy a Tesla. I don't have enough to buy a Tesla right now. I ain't my risk tolerance it's not there yet to see beyond meat go down five ten percent and still be there.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: And most people don't even understand, you know. And it's not because they don't know it because these haven't been exposed to it yet. They don't know that if the stock you bought it at thirty dollars and it goes down to twenty eight, most people in nay, mine, I lost some money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's not the case.
Speaker 7: So one of the best things I would say for people to do is buy index funds like ETS when you first got in the game, ets for me ets better than index funds, you know what I'm saying. And it's simply because now you can get exposure to a specific industry, right and I know an episode for the full the Classic, we broke some now, but in the reup, we're gonna reenter it. So it's an ETF. It's simple where let's say I wanted to buy some marijuana stocks, right, but I know that's kind of a volatile industry.
Speaker 3: It's full of young bucks.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. It's full of young bucks. So what happens is you can buy the marijuana ETF. And now depending on which one you buy, whether it's Yolo, whether it's MG, you know what I'm saying. Now you have fifteen twenty marijuana stocks at one time, right, and now if one or two of them down, or three of them down, the whole industry, the whole ETF might go down fifty cent, right, Whereas if you and.
Speaker 8: That erners what's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital. Tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen six, Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. PNC Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 10: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs. Trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto invalve significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through account with the Robinhood Crypto LLC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto healthro Robert Hude Crypto is not FDIC insured SIPC protected investing in VOSS risk including loss of principle securities. Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 7: One stock that went down any given morning, you week up and you down eight dollars.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So, and also with indexes funds and ETOs, I'm not a fan of dollar cost averaging because that allows me to buy stocks over priced over time. But with index funds in ETFs that are fifty dollars sixty dollars, you can buy into those every time.
Speaker 2: And dollar cost averaging for anybody is when you put money in every single month, for every single period of time.
Speaker 6: Every week or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so if you're buying Apple, you will buy no matter what the price is.
Speaker 6: Every first of the month.
Speaker 7: You buying Apple, no matter what the price is, you buying it there just to stay in right, And so for me, I'm not a dollar cost averaging person. I'm an averaging down type of person. Right, and averaging down is saying I found it, I bought it at fifteen dollars. I don't care if it run all the way up. Right Now, what I do is, I'm every half a year, every two quarters, I reevaluate every stock I'm invested in right to understand.
Speaker 4: What the value is at.
Speaker 7: So now if the stock price dips, I'm not buying it. But it dips at a below value price, I can buy it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So example, I bought Amazon in twenty eighteen at nineteen hundred dollars. I bought it in October November December eighteen. The market went into a correction, you know what I'm saying, and it went from nineteen to seventeen, nineteen hundred to seventeen hundred. I bought it at seventeen hundred. Now what that does is that brings my nineteen hundred dollars buying price down to about eighteen twenty five. Right, So now don't got a way to get to nineteen to see profit. I can start seeing profit again at eighteen seventy five, right, And so then it went from eighteen to sixteen. I bought two moshas at sixteen. So now instead of me seeing profit at eighteen seventy five, I can probably see profit now at like seventeen eighty or something like that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: And then it went down from seventeen, I mean, from seventeen to fifteen, I missed it and I got it again at thirteen. So now instead of me seeing profit at nineteen, I now got profits at sixteen hundred when I bought it, at thirteen forty three. It brought my cost basis all the way down to like sixteen seventy five. You feel what I'm saying. So I'm with by at discount over a period of time.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: And I told Smalls that I was like, yo, I don't like green markets. I like blood. I like blood.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, because that means I can get stuff at a discount. But back to what we were saying, So with individual stocks, I'm a dollar cost average. But with index funds and ETFs, it's a great way for you to.
Speaker 2: Get in with a lower amount every time because there's there's not the same requirement that.
Speaker 3: You have to put that requirements.
Speaker 7: So now I can get in like you can get I think one is the one besides the ETF. Another in one is the there's like a high dividend ETF right way, it's like forty two dollars.
Speaker 4: Right and you can get in it every month. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You can put you know, you saving ten percent of your money every week, So that means once a month you can be able to get.
Speaker 3: This index fund.
Speaker 7: And it's this ETF and one of the things you can do is you can just say great dividend to invest in, right, and then the ETF itself is gonna they've now done the homework for you. They've put the best dividend ETFs in that ETF, I mean the best dividend stocks in that ETF.
Speaker 4: So now you don't have.
Speaker 7: To let me research this, let me research that. You just look at the performance, how has it performed over the last year, five years, and you say, okay, cool, every month, I'm gonna just put fifty dollars in here, right, one hundred dollars in a year, and you can just keep doing that.
Speaker 4: That's a great way.
Speaker 5: When we're doing When we're doing that with are we looking into the expense ratios as well?
Speaker 7: Of course, And it's just for that so in case people don't know what the expense ratio is, that's just simply how much you're paying someone to run this, and it's extremely cheap, like it's cheap like for me when I'm looking at expense ratios, I want it to be less than one, right, So it's less than one, so I'm paying them less than one percent.
Speaker 4: And so with these ETFs, a lot of times you can get.
Speaker 7: Them at zero point seventy five percent, zero point sixty five percent, zero point fifty cents. That's something like for every thousand dollars you pay them five dollars.
Speaker 5: You know, I think that's I think that's something like people don't even realize, right, like you're actually paying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's like kind of a hit and.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna feel it because what's gonna happen is it's called passive investment. So now what happens is once a year, whatever your returns off for the year, they will take five dollars out.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna see it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So I don't mind if you don't really know too much, and that gives you time to be in the market. One of the things I always say is time in the market is better than time meanings the market.
Speaker 6: Right, say that, Say that again, say.
Speaker 4: That it was a negro spiritual.
Speaker 7: Yeah so so so time in the market. The fact, time in the market is better than time meaning the market, right, So just that experience, you know what I'm saying, being in the market every day, putting your money in those that's say you buy that ETF every month, you buying it right, you in the market. Right, You're letting them do the hard work. You downsize the risk. Your money is making money for you. So while you're letting that happen, you can be learning how to research. You can be learning what it takes, and you can start with researching the business that inside the ETF.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You can break that down to dimes. You know what I'm saying. You can break that breakdown a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Dimes, big trap.
Speaker 4: You can break that breakdown a dime like.
Speaker 7: You can take that ETF and now go to Yahoo finance, right, simple, go to Yahoo finance. Put the ETF in the search ball. Now you can go slide over to those hype of links. You'll see financials, you'll see summary, you'll see performance, and then you'll see holdings. Right, holdings is the companies inside of the ETF. Press that holdings. Scroll down, because the first thing is going to tell you is what what type of businesses are in the ECF.
Speaker 4: You'll see basic materials and you know financials.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 7: You go down and it'll show you now the businesses and the percent of those businesses of the insidey ET And so now what happens is you can look at those business and start your research there.
Speaker 5: Quick question for you though, like, so when you see what's inside the holdings, what is the percentage you like?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: So, Like, if I'm looking at like uh AN XL Y or something like that, and I see the allocation for a company, what.
Speaker 3: Number or percentage do you look like?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 3: I like that number?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Do I want I want them to be allocated like five to seven or is it like eight to ten percent of some of like these big time so.
Speaker 7: They all they all differentiate. I'm not honestly that part. I'm not tripping on, but I do want to know where the majority of the money is, right, right, So let's say it. We'll just use example, We'll just say a ETF XLB whatever that is, right, we just gonna through some cause I don't even nobody saying trap say it this right, So let's say we're using XLB, right, and let's say ten percent their top five holdings is earn your leisure, Wall Street trapper you know in other businesses, right, And so let's say now we're looking at the holders and we see, okay, well ten percent of their money is in Earn your Leisure, eight percent of their money is in Wall Street Trapper. So that means, now, if that was one hundred dollars, ten dollars of that is in Earn your Leisure, right, eight dollars of that is in Wall Street Trapper.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: So if it's one hundred dollars, you break those percentages down like that. What I do like to see is the businesses that they are strong in are solid businesses, you know what I'm saying. If they solid. Now, if you got a company that's bad, then that's why I like these ets, because if a company is not performing, they're gonna get them out of there. Like you know, it's just like you know, against it. Like if I got a trap booming and I got some soldiers and you ain't performing. I got trap bringing in a shot, bringing in this, shot and shot, but you know, shot bringing in this. I got them other traps bringing in this, and you ain't performing, fam, you gotta go. You out of a job. You can't run for me no more what I need you for, you know what I'm saying. So they're gonna do that, and a lot of them need to do it once a year or some of them do it every two years, but they're gonna switch.
Speaker 3: Them out and put the next runner in there.
Speaker 5: That's the love that that's important too, because like you can actually see it happen, right if you check from a year to year or every six months sometimes it depends on the ETF, you actually see the allocation change, right, So you'll see one go from four percent to eight percent. So it's good to know, like, Yo, they see growth in that company, they're.
Speaker 3: Putting more money into the ETF. It becomes even stronger.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this one thing that we haven't spoken about on this podcast yet in depth. It's gold, and that's something that's been populate this year two twenty twenty. A lot of things have been ringing off in twenty twenty. Goal is something that you know, people are just hearing about and they're like, all right, I need to invest in Goal is going up? Is you know what's your thoughts on investing in go?
Speaker 7: So I actually owned two ounces of physical Yeah, I got him to save the positive because one even when invest in buying gold, you have to be storage is key. Like you're not supposed to have gold just laying around you know what I'm saying, like that the metrics, I mean, you can, but I find that you got some gold enough, I'm gonna come hollers. I don't live like that, big chat.
Speaker 4: We're different, different Gina.
Speaker 7: But you know so and then you got a minus. You know if you tell somebody you got that in there, you know what I'm saying. So gold is an amazing product, man, It's amazing protection of wealth, all right, is what you would call insurance to your wealth and a hedge against the dollar. So I actually think that everybody is your own goal. One of the greatest things about gold is that brick is broken. You can literally buy it in a kilo. My goal is to buy a kilo of goal one thousand and one grand.
Speaker 4: That's that's a brick, brick, baby, brick aquilo. So my goal is to actually buy a kilo of gold.
Speaker 6: So where did you buy gold from?
Speaker 7: Like, so you can get it in multiple ways. Now were talking physical goal both let's talk about all right. So we can get physical goal from a certified dealer, or we can get get it from you can get online and check for.
Speaker 4: Actual goal.
Speaker 7: Exchanges and gold securities, meaning like they literally whole goal JM. Bullying is one of them, like one of the best ones out I was just going to ask you about that bullion. This is one of the they one of the best ones out there. But even when you buy your goal, what you got to look for now is so you're never going to get one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Gold because it's too soft.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so now you gotta tap into how much of the mixture that's in the goal.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So now you know it's you know, we start looking at that.
Speaker 7: But you also got to pay attention when you're buying gold.
Speaker 4: It's not easier to sell goal.
Speaker 7: Like if you buy it, it's not easy to sell it back, right because now, so there's this thing called like the spot price on the goal, right, and that's what the goal is actually worked. And then you have what the deal is gonna charge you. Again, it's the middle man, Like if I gotta go get it and I gotta sell it to you, then I won't mind, you know what I'm saying. So you ain't gonna go get it yourself, you know what I'm saying. So you gotta see who's paying who's charging you the less? You know who taxing you the less like.
Speaker 4: Being on a block.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Like, for Shah, I got it for seventeen I got it for seventeen five, right, so trap, why you charge me for seventeen?
Speaker 4: Well mine better? You boys paying to it to take it too long? A rock up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So you know you want to pay attention to that as well, but you can. It's definitely you know JM. Bullying is one of the ones that I perfonally be like, they good people. But also you can go to you know where people buying these rolexes and all that from, like a lot of these places. If it's a real rolex that's not the rolex dealer, they can be certified dealers and you can literally go to them and be like, yo, I want to buy some gold, and they'll.
Speaker 4: Be like, all right, cool, I got you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You can buy pellets of goal, you can buy gold coins. But again, now you're looking at one of the things you got to ask them is what is your feet?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And then a lot of time you try to sell again, it's something to hold, you know what I'm saying, So.
Speaker 4: Things get real.
Speaker 7: Like we looked at the If you look at USDT clock dot org, you'll see that the dollar loses value every day of the company's This world is different, twenty seven trillion dollars in debt and growing, right, so we know that the more money they print, the lesson is worth a dollar today, ain't worth a dollar tomorro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So that's what the goal is.
Speaker 7: But as the dollar loses value, the goal actually goes up because people try to find safer places to put their money, especially in volatile market as well.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Things going crazy, and they can't get into bonds.
Speaker 3: Because that's usually the alternative.
Speaker 7: Right, If stocks become too risky, then big investor say, well, let me get into bonds so they can.
Speaker 4: Get some type of return on their money.
Speaker 7: Right, But if bond, if bond interest rates go too low, right now, they're like, okay, I don't want to be in bonds. And then what happens when interest rates go low? Gold goes up. Why because everybody's gonna say, let me get the gold. You feel what I'm saying. So now we start understanding that triangle offense like Phil Jackson, stocks, bonds, Goal, But really goal is like that safe haven, you know what I'm saying. It's the safe house, right, It's gonna be there, it's gonna perform. But the thing about goal is if the stocks are performing well, then they don't need to.
Speaker 4: Be in Goal.
Speaker 7: They can go to stocks and get a great return of their money. When stocks get too risky and bonds don't got.
Speaker 4: A good rate, when let me go to GOP, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like I'm trapping right now.
Speaker 2: So well, so that's the that's the physical but then you can buy it like et they go buy a gold stock on the stock market right now?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 7: Now what happens is you won't buy physical goal on the stock market. You will buy goal miners, right, and that's a great place to be because what goal miners are the people who mine goal mining the goal the companies, the companies, right, So you can buy gold miners and then a lot of goal miners will actually be copper miners as well, because some in a lot of the goal that's what.
Speaker 4: They'll mix it with a little bit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So a lot of goal miners be copper miners, some be silver miners, some be platinum miners.
Speaker 4: So now you're just looking at that whole aspect.
Speaker 7: But you can buy goal miners and you can buy goal et s which can actually be a mixture of miners and like this precious metal other precious metals that's inside of that.
Speaker 4: One of them is called take a symbol O U n Z. You know what I'm saying. So that's a goal ETF as well.
Speaker 5: So when we're looking at gold ETFs, right, and I'm thinking like things of myself just from a standpoint of like, yo, people are minding the gold who's bothified in the shovels form we're looking Come on.
Speaker 4: You you you you talking about you know, so you think about that.
Speaker 7: Like one of the things I said is when this's how most people got rich during the gold Rush. Was not the people who was digging for gold. It was the people who sold the shovels. That's who got rich. So that's a great place to be, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so let me ask you this as far last time we was here, we talked about a little bit. We touched on how to save for your kid, what can stodio accounts playing things of that nature. But I don't think we went over there like to like in depth with them and the UGMA.
Speaker 6: Can you talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, So what we did was we talked about, you know, just investing from my daughter.
Speaker 4: And that was real dope because before I actually.
Speaker 7: Spoke on that, I never heard nobody talk about it, you know what I'm saying. And so for me, one of the reasons what I did so I was like, what's the difference between it, because I wanted to do something for my daughter besides just putting money in a bank account. Like if I'm making my money work for me all the time and I'm saying I'm gonna do this for the long run, then I'm instantly a light went off of my head and was like, if I stole my daughter, now she got way more time than me. I can put a whole bunch of young bucks and you know what I'm saying, custodio account and let it run.
Speaker 3: So you got two types.
Speaker 7: You got the ugm ME and you got the UT The ug MUD and the UT muh.
Speaker 4: So one of them is as.
Speaker 7: Una unified gift account and one of them is a transfer minor account, right, So one of them, the ut the UT muh you can put real estate, you can put gold, you can put art, you can put intellectual properties and stocks and cash over there. The UGMA is a gift, so you can only put stocks or binds, mutual funds, eats, cash.
Speaker 4: You can't put the real estate and the other stuff in there.
Speaker 3: So there's a limitation between the two.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. But the dope part about both of them is they're not tax defird, but there's an advantage in having them.
Speaker 4: Whereas the first won't see I think.
Speaker 7: It's a thousand, one thousand and fifty dollars, it's tax free. Everything from two thousand dollars on up get taxed at a children's rate, which is ten percent, you know what I'm saying. So it's still you know, not you got to pay the taxes, you know what I'm saying on it.
Speaker 4: But it's still cool because.
Speaker 7: And I think one of the things that our people, our culture have bad.
Speaker 4: And it's again it's not we just got to learn it. We're scared to pay taxes. The first thing is somebody be like.
Speaker 7: I don't won't pay no taxes when in reality like paying taxing me, you're making money, you know what I'm saying. So now you just got to figure out how to decrease the taxes instead of not pay the taxes, you know what I'm saying. So one of the way is you want to decrease taxes on the money you making. Right, So if you got your child in that UTMA account right or that you get, you're only paying ten percent, no matter what it does, you're paying ten percent.
Speaker 4: I'm cool with that, whereas just.
Speaker 7: Regular income account that's twenty eight percent, twenty three percent, Like that's a major So your child now from zero to eighteen or twenty one depending on the state, then paying ten percent and you changing their life, and.
Speaker 4: I'll take that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's powerful.
Speaker 2: It's powerful, and I think that having a conversation about generational wealth, that's has to be included in there, because it's like you have the first step is investing for yourself.
Speaker 6: You can't save anybody till you save yourself.
Speaker 3: That's the fact.
Speaker 2: But after you say after you you know, not even save yours. After you start investing in yourself, now you have to start to invest in your children.
Speaker 7: That's that's that's what we plugged. That's the plug the generation. If you're not doing that, you're selfish. Man, that's the plug. Like you know, I always said, man, like if I got it out the mud, and I watched my mama get it out the mud, and I watched my grandmother get it out the mud, and I watch everybody around me get it out the mud while they let my child get it out the mud. At some point, I gotta say, I won't change this, yo. I gotta say, man, it's different. And I feel like we, you know, we get so caught up in I'm living my best life to what we were trying to enjoy life so much, to what you forget about. They got generations that kind of come behind us, you know what I'm saying. So for me, it's a lot of stuff I don't do until I know for sure I've at least secured two generations, you know what I'm saying. And that comes with one educating my daughter, because even if I give her a million dollars, if I ain't educated on home what to do with a million dollars, I've now wasted a million dollars.
Speaker 4: It's a saying that if.
Speaker 7: You took all the wealth in the world and divided it equally, within ten to fifteen years, the wealthy people will be back in charge because they know what to do. We get a million dollars and we don't know what to do with it. We back into the famous quote I said in the beginning, lions don't tell the gazelles and the zebras how to get away. Why because now I'm taking food out of my mouth. So I as long as I don't tell you how to get away, you're gonna always come back. But if I tell you how to get away, now you're gonna go tell the zebra. Look, this is how to get away from the line, and a zebra gonna go tell the giraffe and the gazelle.
Speaker 4: Now nobody came. I ain't got no tricks to him, I sleeve.
Speaker 7: Whereas if I don't tell nobody and I just keep it am people, then we gonna always eat. So I ain't mad at them for not giving us the game. I ain't around here saying, man, they should teach us this in school. No, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna get the knowledge right, I'm gonna seek it I'm gonna go get I'm gonna flip every rock, I'm gonna kick in every day, right, and once I get it, I'm gonna go back and regurgitate it to my daughter at the age of two. What's the stock, what's the asset, what's the liability? Does it make your money?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: What's real estate? At an early age, I'm having this conversation. So now I'm teaching her a word to date like she's I still when I'm gonna say that, then like a word, I'm teaching her two three words a day about just financial literacy.
Speaker 4: Like the school can do what the school is supposed to do. We're gonna do some of that homework too.
Speaker 7: But this financial literacy, this was gonna save you, you know what I'm saying. Let me show this was gonna save you family, you know what I'm saying. So I'm teaching her that. So now I've did two things. I've showed her how to make a million through investing it, and I've taught her how to nurture a million with knowledge, because information is the further to your wealth man. That's how we say generations with knowledge, passing all the money you want, man, if you don't pass no knowledge, you killed them.
Speaker 6: No, that's a true fact.
Speaker 2: And it was like, you know, bringing it full circle, you know, bigger than just like I said, just bigger than just a podcast when you reached out to me, like we need to really do something to change the world.
Speaker 6: I hate the word culture because it just gets watered down so much.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's like that's a fact.
Speaker 6: That's a fact.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you for putting me on.
Speaker 2: But it was like, you know what I'm saying, let's change the world and the problem. You know, I never understood like until recently, shot to MG the mortgage guy.
Speaker 6: He uh.
Speaker 2: He enlightened me on a lot of different things, like you can only put so much information in a podcast. It's just a fact. This is why education is still important. I'm not anti college like people think I'm anti college because I always talk bad about college.
Speaker 4: I'm not about college all the time.
Speaker 2: I just feel like a lot of it's just the way, not even college so much, but it's just education period.
Speaker 3: Education.
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not anti college.
Speaker 2: I have a college degree, but I just feel that say that again.
Speaker 6: Man, know everybody know I have a college.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like I didn't know that, bro, Yeah, I have people.
Speaker 6: You know, I went to Hawaii play basketball.
Speaker 3: I forgot you.
Speaker 4: I thought you was like on something.
Speaker 5: People people got that misusception even like today they was just like, yo, they know that. I I'm like, you went to school to like we both had education as a background for us foundation.
Speaker 6: I finished in three years.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 4: I keep telling y'all, listen, I'm not a financial.
Speaker 8: He could take you the glory man.
Speaker 6: But with Mickey Fact shout out to Mickey Fast is one of my favorite.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 2: When he came on and he spent the freestyle for us and he said, formal education will get you a portion, but self education will make you a fortune. And that's my life. Like, if I had to rely on my college degree right now, be in trouble. Just honestly speaking, I'll be in trouble. So it's the things that I learned outside of college, including earn Alesia. Like just in the last twelve and eighteen months, Like you know what I'm saying, that has literally literally changed the trajectory of my not only my life, my son's life and God willing his children's lives like you know what I'm saying, Like it literally has changed you see, people, it's not a facade. If you follow all of us on Instagram, you see the growth. That's a fact only through education. So it's like when you came to me and you was like, yo, bro, let's do something. And we're going back and forth. I'm like, let's do a podcast. You're going through a podcast, right, You're going to do it. And I think the hard part when people get into podcast is that you hear information, it becomes overload and some people going to act on it. But unfortunately a lot of people, it's just it's just not enough, like you kind of need. And that's the good thing about school is like you need that certain level of like a tutor to like walk you through it and here's a screen share on the website and show you and like how to open an account and like what stock to like sometimes you got to hold a person's hand. Unfortunately, in one hour, even two hours, it's just not enough time to do that. So we're like, how do we do this? So he was going back and forth and this is the first time ever earn your lead in history where we actually collaborated with somebody and put together. I don't even want to call it a curriculum. I don't want to call it a program. It's really a manual. Yeah, we put together a manual for generational wealth, for generational wealth called the Family Pack. And it was just like the idea was just crazy. And it's like you was like, yo, I need you on it too, like as an advice, I need you on it. So I'm like, all right, So we talk about dividends, you talk about reach. You'd give them like five growth stocks. To pick mutual funds, I break down a mutual fund play because a lot of times people have the wrong misconceptions about mutual funds. But you can actually make a lot of money on the right mutual funds.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you don't even have.
Speaker 2: To pay the knock on mutual funds that you pay a lot of money, but sometimes you don't have to pay that. If you know what you're doing, you get no load fund. And there's things that nation and we want you broke that down, broke down index fund, broke down five to twenty nine plans, Please our plans is crazy because it's like, poke about five to twenty nine plans. But it's like you know, there's like thirty something states where you can actually get a tax benefit, but then it's like six states.
Speaker 6: But those thirty states, you.
Speaker 2: Have to actually live in that state, and the five to twenty nine plan has to be in that state. But then it's like six states where you can actually invest in anybody's state five to twenty nine plan and you can still get a tax break. So it's just like it's just always so many different levels of onions to peel back.
Speaker 6: And then we went over to trust, Yes, and we broke that.
Speaker 2: It's the first time ever I broke down life insurance and actually like showed somebody like how I look at it as an advisor, like the access that I'm privy to, which is like you don't have that as a regular person, Like, and I kind of like went through that, and I broke down the Dynasty Trust, and the Dynasty Trust.
Speaker 4: Gonna keep going.
Speaker 6: It was the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: It was like we actually gave the formula and different how to make your child a millionaire guarantee the investments, and it was like that alone took like a half an hour to actually explain. It's like it's like a whole thing, but it's just something like I said, it's like if we put that like, we would have to literally do ten podcasts and you.
Speaker 3: Still might miss something whole season.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that nobody's really gonna sit for ten podcasts that have to be like his own, the Wall Street Trapper or your Lisha show. So talk about talk about talk about the family pack.
Speaker 7: So for me, you know, the reason why I really came you with the idea is you know, this last year it was a lot of growth for me, and I realized that, Yo, like I can talk about a lot of stuff because it's it's you. As you start learning more knowledge, you start seeking more knowledge, right, And I realized how knowledgeable you were, and we was having dual conversations. So for me, it was like, bro, like like we can change something, but we're gonna have to walk them through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like we gotta we gotta have to walk because you like, yo, they still not getting it, Like they're still not getting it, and like people come up to me.
Speaker 6: They still don't get it.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like we literally have to walk there, hold their hands and walk them through this.
Speaker 3: And that's okay.
Speaker 6: Now it's okay.
Speaker 4: And the reason why it's okay.
Speaker 7: And I see people get frustrated all the time, Like I see people on Instagram saying.
Speaker 4: Stuff like I told you this, why are you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm like, yo, you're an educator, like everybody sitting in the class learn different, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I was like, we gotta walk them through it.
Speaker 7: One is because you don't know what You don't know until you exposed to it, right. I remember my first time cooking up bro I burned it the wall turn brown. I had to call my at and she had to like show me what I was doing.
Speaker 4: But she played me.
Speaker 7: Because she took a lot of you know, she she took the shake.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 7: She charged me for it, and she played me. And by the time I got what she left me with, it was just enough to get another package. But because she walked me through it, I ain't need none more. So I was a l I took, but it was a learning lesson, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So for me, I feel like.
Speaker 7: Over the last year, we've made financial literacy, investing in the stock market and all the great that breakdowns that y'all do every Tuesday and every Monday.
Speaker 4: We've now piqued people's interests.
Speaker 7: People understand now, especially with this pandemic, they like, yo, I gotta do something else, and they want to do it. That's the great thing we've now made it say, because I remember me coming up telling y'all, I'm telling my partners about it and they're like, bro, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: Bro, you tripping right, And here we are a year later.
Speaker 7: My partner is now like, bro, I just bought some apple and people don't know, like, trap.
Speaker 4: You changed my life because this write the common chasing change.
Speaker 7: Because we've been beating it, like we ain't stopping Market Monday Trapping Toody podcast, Market Monday Trapping Toody podcast.
Speaker 3: This we consistent.
Speaker 7: So now it's like we've peaked the interest and now people are like, all right, I want to do it, but I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Alright.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 7: That's what this wealth pack is about. It's about saying, Okay, I made the mistakes for you. Hopefully, hopefully you don't have to do.
Speaker 8: With you that.
Speaker 4: Butha'm gonna make sure you ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 7: See, if I just tell it to you, you're still liable to make the mistakes because you're trying to replay what I said, and it's gonna you know, you ain't really getting it. I can tell you watch out for that whole, but it's so many other things going on, you still.
Speaker 4: Fall in the whole.
Speaker 7: But now if I grab your hand and say look, we're gonna step over this whole, and I got your hand, You're like, okay, let me step over the whole. Right, So it's important. It was important for me to say, let's shift gives. Let's not just tell them, let's lead them.
Speaker 5: And what makes it so impressive is that you know, most times people, you know, they take programs, they take cause it's.
Speaker 3: Really about themselves. But this ain't.
Speaker 5: This is about you, but it's about your family. And like, who doesn't want to set up that family lug, you know what I'm saying. Who doesn't want to be the plug to create generational themselves.
Speaker 2: It's the most selfless act you can give. I mean, it's not even no more than we can actually even say about it. I just feel like it's just a really proud thing that we're proud of. That that's the parting with you as our first product, that we actually are part of that magically you know, performed.
Speaker 7: On I feel like a artist directed.
Speaker 6: Its purple taste. Ghost face on the Purple tape. So you don't let say that.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say, you don't let that hear you say that ghost Faseline because he's capped down. He said, I'm still trying to figure out how you came up with I don't even know. That's another story. That's a whole nother podcast.
Speaker 2: So being that, you know, it's the holiday season, right and we in the Black Friday vibe, We're not even gonna wait till Black everybody dropping their situation on Black Friday. Were literally gonna drop this right now. And you know, you was like, you know what, Trappers earnest United United Front Family. So we was going to do fifty percent off, fifty per off of but you're like, you know what, let's just do something like a little even crazier. Let's do seventy five percent off for the first two hundred people out of the love, and then after that it can go to fifty percent. So the first two hundred people that are interested in investing in themselves, guaranteeing at that child becomes a millionaire and just building generation.
Speaker 3: Again, guaranteed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guarantee. That's the fact. Now we stay, we're gonna stamp that.
Speaker 7: Nobody in the game, nobody, nobody, never been done. Every safe route being is guaranteed.
Speaker 2: People people give you like this is literally this ain't for the lazy investor. This is for the This is for the diligent person that's willing to really make the sacrifices to learn because it's going to be there.
Speaker 6: You just got to actually learn.
Speaker 3: There's no housing it it's like there's no like, how.
Speaker 4: Do I do it?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's it's everything.
Speaker 4: It took the We literally took the guests work out.
Speaker 6: Of the Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the first two hundred people, first come, first serve, so please don't email. It's nothing we can do. Once it's going, it is. The first two hundred people will get seventy five percent off. Seventy five percent off and that's dropping right now, literally on Tuesday, and we're gonna run it as long as.
Speaker 6: It last, and after that it'll probably go fifty percent off.
Speaker 2: So you're still get a discount, just you know, it's just slightly slightly it's still be loved. I mean, fifty percent off is still love. So where can they find that try? I know it'll be on our website, Lisia dot com. We'll have it on the alumni tab. We'll have it on the red tab on the front. You just go there, but they can also click the link. Your body all believe too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ye, yeah, So I'm gonna set it up, you know, my trap house, like the call the Man. I already know, man, So yeah, you know we're gonna have it on my link to I'm gonna put it up there.
Speaker 4: Man. You know, I ain't even gonna lie, man.
Speaker 7: Like, I feel like this is like some of my best work because I learned so much, you know what I'm saying. And for me, I'm a learning machine. But I'm not just a learner, like I'm the person who go ahead first and figure it out.
Speaker 4: I won't get burnt, I won't, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like I won't make the mistakes so I can learn from it, because I when I don't make no mistakes, I'm missing something through it.
Speaker 3: So you won't do it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So I feel like, you know, it was great for all of us to get together because I know for sure that it wasn't about how much money we can make.
Speaker 4: I know for sure.
Speaker 7: It was about bro the culture needed, the world need us, Our people need us, you know what I'm saying. So who else they're relating to? A better than Wall Street chap or you leegion.
Speaker 6: That's the fact, Troy. What's the website?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's trapping with eyl dot com. That's t R A P P I N with gott. I gotta get you in there with eyl dot com. You know how we play it. Don't wait, don't hesitate, man, two hundred people get over there.
Speaker 2: So you can click the link in our bio. You can click the link and travels bio, or you can go to the website direct. Trap always a pleasure, my brother. What would you like to tell the people before you head out?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: This is the sort of most important thing for us to do is man, solidify the generations behind us. We do that by educating ourselves. Now, if we don't educate ourselves, we can't say nobody right.
Speaker 4: So I think it's.
Speaker 7: Important that we put the next generation in play, because ain't nobody gonna save us?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Something I always say, Man, if you allowed them to feed you, you get them permission to starve you. And with this right here, you ain't giving nobody permission to start your family.
Speaker 6: That's the fact Troy Housekeeping item.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Shout out to everybody on Patreon dot com. Y'all know that's our product to pay program. Obviously, the top tier tier level five, y'all get access to e y L University, the number one school for business, finance and entrepreneurism in the world.
Speaker 3: So shout out to older earners. That's part of that.
Speaker 5: And shout out to everybody that has been supporting the brand new merch It's off to a great start. We still running a discount on that, so go ahead and get your stuff. Earners, go grab the items that exclusively to you, and shout out to our collaborations. Man that that that that tide I joint went crazy.
Speaker 4: That was crazy. I'm still waiting on mine.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the merch team too, man, Shout the Bam, shout the Smithy out in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Shout to mic Yeah, so don't forget man, all merch too.
Speaker 2: So hit the merch store and we extended the fifty ey L code as well EYO fifty for both the merch and Eyo University as well, So make sure you tap in with that good day, good people, or good night wherever you are in the world. It's been a pleasure as always, and thank you guys for rocking with us.
Speaker 6: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Big Trap Fee.
Speaker 9: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families
Speaker 4: Will be Protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,