Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that.
Speaker 1: Right, Hi, guys, It's Lauren Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren de Rosa.
Speaker 2: This is your daily.
Speaker 1: Dig on all things entertainment, pop culture, and exclusive news. Now, y'all know, we like to get into the conversations that shake the room, baby, So we're gonna get right on into it. But first we gotta check on it because we and grinding. When you're moving around, a lot of times people don't people don't check on you. I saw a tweet from Sexy Red where she's like, YO, check on your strong friends, And that is what the behind the scenes of the grind is. It's a check in on your strong friends, on yourself, on each other. I do it because y'all know, I'm sitting here recording majority of the time by myself. So I do it because a lot of times I need to check myself, Like, girl, where you at with it? How are you? How are you feeling? You know what I'm saying, Like, what's what's really going on? So today I am f H how am I feeling today? I've had a lot of feelings this morning. One of the biggest overwhelming feelings that I had this morning that I can't put into one word, which we like to do here, but I can put it to a few. It's just this morning, I was just thanking God for being able to do what I love every day. I got back in from La last night. It was pretty late. My shower, got my life together, like you know, through my clothes out and skin, you know, social media and news Outlet's one more time to figure out, you know what. I kind of wanted to prioritize to talk about today on the Breakfast Club here on the podcast.
Speaker 2: And I woke up this morning I felt.
Speaker 1: Rusted, even though I know I need like another good day of early sleep do you all the way back from that La trip?
Speaker 2: But I felt rested.
Speaker 1: However, I was like, man, I wish I had the type of job where I could just call off work and take a date to myself, just to honestly regroup from people and all the interactions that I've had with people lately and recently.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know, but my type of job is not that type of job.
Speaker 1: And then I was just thinking about and thinking back to the days where I work jobs where I would have been thinking that just because I was so miserable at what I was doing, not even because I needed the actual recuperation time, but just because I wasn't happy. And I was like, God, thank you so much, because I'm so happy with where I am in life. It's a blessing, and just be like, Hey, things are going so well and I am busy and I am working so much that I just kind of need just a little pause, a little fill my cup up day versus I am so miserable. I don't want to be in the space that I'm in, in the space that I'm in, completely different mental spaces to be in. And I just remember being in the other mental space versus where I'm at now, and all morning is warning driving into work, I was just like God, thank you, Like thank you guy, Like we really came up out of that and it ain't never looking back. So I hope you guys are feeling lovely as well. You know, there's been a lot going on in courts with Diddy as a transition into the latest, because y'all know, I love to take you out of court, lot to take you out of court, So did he Chriald, There's been a lot going on. But you know what I would love to hear from you guys via social media is because we've had this conversation before. Is this stuff's just you know, adding color, adding context and adding and providing for verius relations really good headlines or are these witnesses now on the government side that are actually needed for the case?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So we have not talked about court here in detail in some time, and since we haven't, there's been a lot that has happened. So Diddy's team actually acts for a mistrial. The mistrial was denied by a judge. And the reason why did he seem acts for a mistrial is because Diddy's attorneys alleged that one of the witnesses, a woman named Brianna Bungalen, who was a friend of Cassie's. They believe that she took the stint and testified false testimony. She testified that Diddy allegedly dangled her over the edge of a seventeenth balcony seventeenth floor balcony at Cassie's old apartment in la in September of twenty sixteen, which Cassie did testify that she witnessed as well.
Speaker 2: But the defense, you know, came in. Diddy's team came in and.
Speaker 1: Tried to poke holes in the store using metadata from the photos of her alleged injuries from this incident, and they're saying that it happened on a completely different day, right, So there was an argument about that, and they tried to say that the testimony was false and things of that nature. Right now, the judge has come in and said no, not happening, not moving forward whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And the reason why he.
Speaker 1: Did that because the judge basically said, look, Brianna has already admitted to having taken a lot of drugs, you know, particularly during that time and question he said, it happened years ago, and you know, we thank god that she's sober and sober enough to come into the court and be able to provide her testimony. But giving you a mistrial or even excluding her testimony is perjury. So basically, like I'm not going to say her testimony didn't have you know, she didn't miss quote certain dates and times on the testimony, but she provided a good background as to such. The government provided enough information around that. And when did he team came in and tried to poke holes in it. The government came in and said, no, here's exactly what happened. Because if you guys remember, the government came back in after did he seem tried to say she got the dates wrong, and did He was in New York and said and provided you know, a text messages conversations from Cassie which proved that it actually happened, but the timing was wrong. Now, in addition to that, there's been other things, like there's been a lot of talk of you know, just jealousy on Jane Doe's side, and Jane Doe admitting that she wanted to be more with Diddy, that you know, there were birthdays that she wanted to spend with her boyfriend and with you know who was allegedly Ditty at the time, and her idea of birthdays and celebrations and just time with him didn't always include other men. She said, at one point, you know, she got together multiple other men, three other men outside of Diddy who were escorts, and performed sexual acts with them, allegedly for Diddy because she just wanted to make them happy. And she called this to all thir team, but she said that this is not something she wanted to do, but she felt like she was under certain pressures because Diddy was financially supporting her and because she loved him. So that was very similar to Cassie as well, So that I kind of added to that as well. But you know, I think a lot of what is being provided here it's very similar to what we've heard prior to with Cassie, and I think Cassie's testimony painted that very well, and it was a lot stronger because there was like the physical abuse that they showed in court when it came to Cassie, and Jane Doe has admitted that, you know, her and Diddy, you know, they've had their exchanges of words and different things. But the evidence that they provided when it came to Cassie showed very strongly, you know, the leaning into the force and the coercion and all these things that the government is trying to show. Did he uses to make people do things they do not want to do, such as fly to different states, you know, allegedly and have sex with these escorts and things of that nature. I personally, you know, in keeping up with Jane Do and her testimony, I kind of knew from the start of this, because when she first started, you could tell that there was still a bit, you know, of admiration for Diddy, and she did admit on the sand that she's still and currently in love with Diddy.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 1: Diddy's team was going to try and use small things like the fact that you know, she's still working with one of the attorneys who Diddy had provided for her in the beginning of all of these things. Once the government approached her about everything about the investigation right in his favor, like to.
Speaker 2: Make her not credible. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm just saying, I don't know if this is a big enough hit or big enough witness to trump a lot of the other things that we've seen.
Speaker 2: And I know, for me, I'm gonna fatigue by it.
Speaker 1: Just as a normal person listening, I'm feeling like, Okay, I'm hearing the stories. I'm hearing all these things, but this woman in particular, the biggest overall thing for me from this was, yes, this is a man of power and of influence, and drugs were introduced, and you know what wrongs were done to her according to her, You can't take away from her.
Speaker 2: But a lot of this seems.
Speaker 1: Like, and he spent a lot of time talking about this, like her feeling away because he was doing things with Young Miami and spending money on her and doing things for Young Miami's birthday that she was not getting. And if I'm the government, I'm sorry, and if I'm Ditty's attorneys at all, that is what I lean into because it does sound like you know, a woman who's heard. And don't get me wrong, even Cassie when she was talking about that time period of her life appeared hurt as she would have been because there was love for this man, although he was doing the things that we've seen him do in that CNN video and the other things that are alleged right, well she alleged. We don't know if that was done, but that she alleged.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I think that this is first of all, this is a lot more of a recent girlfriend. That's number one. Secondly, I don't know. I just and maybe some attorneys can chime in. I think that this is lower hanging fruit. And I think that you do, like I get it, you need that because you want to kind of drive it home to a point where no one can even think any different if.
Speaker 2: You're a juror. But I just don't know if.
Speaker 1: A testimony like this gets it to the point where now you know, now the durors are like, okay, wait, hold on, like is it just a jealousy thing or did these things happen like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I just don't know for me, y'all.
Speaker 1: I think when it comes to this whole situation again, I'm paying more attention to, Like the government is laying out with their land out, and it's very clear with their land out, I'm paying more attention to the defense because I think when I see the defense come back in, I see how they fight it, and that to me makes me wonder how a jury is thinking. Like when you poke holes, like like what they try to do with Brianna, and you're like, okay, the metadata says boom boom boom boom boom, and you're like, okay, you got a bombshell, And then the government comes back in and shows text messages from Cassie. It's like the defense kind of gives the government their like strategy, and then the government comes back at them. And if I'm a duror, right, not even right if I'm ajurer. One of the biggest things that I want to do is is I want to try and look at it from both sides, of course, but the rebuttal is everything, Like being able to prove or disprove is everything in these cases, because it's so many details that are being thrown at you, and only big things are going to stand out, like someone not having a date correct, Like you know, I know the government is leaning in with Jane Doll that Diddy's financial status and power and just influence because of love and emotional distress and all these things over this woman and things that she had, you know now because she saw the gassy beating videos and she mentioned that things like that is how he's able to get her to do these acts that she does not want to do, as she's allegedly telling him that she does not want to do him. Right, But I want to see how Diddy's team comes in and is able to kind of break this whole thing down, because that's honestly, y'all. I just I just really think we got to get to the defense. Like I really think we got to get to the defensive side, because we've seen the picture that the government has been painting over and over and over and over and over and over and over. So at this point, that is what I'm looking forward to, all right, y'all and rapping. I know the BT Awards are done, done, done, and I promise y'all this is the last day I'm even mentioning the BT Awards anywhere. But in fairness, if you took a listen to my report that I did on the Breakfast Club about walle music artists Lea and Kai Sanat.
Speaker 2: Wile ran in the Kai Sanat and this took place, So hold up, bussy, good what I'll beat you a gang Walley? Oh my god, that was somebody crazy. Hey, the whole chat knows him.
Speaker 1: What do you do? All work?
Speaker 2: Looking like lotus la oh shit. And then while they ran back into Kysannai and he said this.
Speaker 1: That should make me look crazy right now to say, you know what, that's making me look crazy.
Speaker 2: The exchange that we had in the hall way, I mean they're running with it.
Speaker 1: But later, because of this an interaction, some people have been saying, yo, it's so whack. While A got such a big ego, he's mad that kayson I didn't recognize him.
Speaker 2: That's corny. Kay Sanat is younger.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't recognize you because you haven't put out music and you know all these things, which while has dropped a few little things here and there, but basically people mean like he has had like a big splash recently of music or like you know, hits or hit singles or things of that nature. Now, While responded in the Shaperoom comments, and he said, this is crazy. I didn't even know we was being filmed both times we played in a celebrity football game last year.
Speaker 2: I was really confused.
Speaker 1: And what while as referring to is in the audioce you guys just heard Kay Sana is filming because he's live on stream.
Speaker 2: Kay Sanat is always live on stream.
Speaker 1: There's also a person if they're filming with a camera that while I don't know how while they didn't see him, the camera person, but I know when DDG came up here, it was very clear that someone was filming. Even though it goes to a stream, it's like a camera pack that they have when they're doing it. So I don't know while they missed that, But he's saying that he didn't know that they were being filmed for people that are basically saying that he was reaching for a moment who was he was embarrassed because it was on video or on stream or whatever, right, So from this conversation while they then post it and add for a Nintendo Switch, which is what he was playing, as you guys heard when he first ran into time. And the people are arguing back and forth because there's one side of the fence, you know, and this this is honestly taking us to the streets and the tweets.
Speaker 2: Outside outside, we outside, outside of every other page.
Speaker 1: Because all of this is going down on Twitter. So there's one side of the fence. Who was like, listen, y'all love to sit here and act like while at just be yelling and screaming for no reason.
Speaker 2: Angel the singer.
Speaker 1: Said, people in the industry have spent years trying to treat while like a step child when he's really one of the goats. And she put goats in all caps, and she said, and I'll be damned, I'll argue with everybody on this app. And basically what she's alluding to is the other side of the coin. The other side of the coin is that people are first of all, people feel like Kay Sanat did know who while they was and that he was just trying to play him.
Speaker 2: What's y'all? That is so not in Kasanat's fashion.
Speaker 1: He is he seems like I've never been him in person, but from every interaction I've ever seen him have, he seems very respectful, very honest, and he's never just trying to put someone down for no reason. But the conversation on whether Kai knew who he was or should have known who he was or not begin fans to talk about whether while At musically is in a position to even feel like Kai should have known who he was and who's fault is that? And when I say who's fault is that, there's always been, you know, conversation around while they choosing to remove himself from certain label deals and you know just how his career went and how much of the onus on himself needs to be put there for that other You know, people are bringing in age because of how young Kai Sanat is, but they're saying it like, you know, while as songs are so big, so no matter the age, like the Lotus, Flower Bomb and things of that nature, you should still know who he is now. Another person said, Dasha Goat says, while A gets a bad rap for standing up for himself and not letting certain shit slide, you guys stand up for yourself. You can't let a person play with you ever. And that is in response to people saying that the second interaction they have with Kai Sanat was uncalled for because Kai Sannat wasn't being you know again, wasn't trying to directly play with while he just honestly didn't know who he was. But while Ay, that has always been another conversation around him as well too. He speaks out when things happen to him. He's very vocal about and honestly, it's so crazy because as vocal as he is when he does decide to speak out and say certain things, he's also very secluded into himself and don't say nothing about nothing unless it's about his outfits.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought that this was interesting because as a Walay fan, I'm just gonna speak for myself.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of Wallet's creativity.
Speaker 1: And when I say that, I mean, you know, his ability to write and put words together the way that he does and put it over music and understand like sounds and you know, like he is amazing at what he does.
Speaker 2: And that's why when he puts out music things stick.
Speaker 1: Now, whether he's done that recently in a way that everybody's jumping and go listen to the song or not, y'all can argue about that all you want. But when you think about, you know, Wila in the era when we got to know ya, he's amazing at what he does. Now, who is there a finger that you can point on who's to blame about? Why we don't know nor some people care? I mean, and again I'm not talking about myself. I'm a Walet fan, but there are some people who will tell you in twenty twenty five, literally on Twitter right now, there are people arguing that in twenty twenty five, wallet is not relevant.
Speaker 2: People just don't care, and it's not Kay's fault.
Speaker 1: So when interactions like this happen with a younger art, I mean, with a younger creator and an older creator, and you know, there's been so much conversation around Wile's career and why things went silent and if he is to blame, if he is the problem. People feel like there has been self sabotage to some sorts Now, this is nothing that any of us can you know, point a direct finger to or confirm. There has just been instances of various things with him, not you know, wanting to be on labels and not doing certain things and honestly just want to do things his way. But this could also just be an artist who you know, feels like he's not being treated well and that's how he stands up for himself in this whole situation, I'm asking you guys, who was right and who was wrong.
Speaker 2: It's Kai to not wrong for honestly just not knowing who.
Speaker 1: Wile was, because there are people on this app who are making it seemed like that above the rim On excess, Wile is legit probably the most disrespected rapper ever.
Speaker 2: But how is that Kai Sannatt's fault?
Speaker 1: I don't understand how the conversation turns to that, Like, how is that Kai Sannat's fault? Another person tweeted, it's no excuse for Kai Sannat not to know who Wile is, y'all bralaming us on age.
Speaker 2: He was born in two thousand. He is twenty three, not twelve.
Speaker 1: And then on the other side, people are like, I mean, oh wayle would have handed this way different two thousand and nine, twenty ten, Wylee would have had twelve to thirteen tweets about it. All he did was plug Nintendo switch. Obviously, I'm hoping you know, there's some sort of deal with them now, He commented and explained why he felt weird by the interaction. I think he was under their impression at ky Son. I would have remembered him from that celebrity football game based on his words, Wileet's words themselves, and then he moved on. But I always think it's interesting when the artist is isn't as big as some people or none in that because Wallet is a big name, Like I don't know why people I hate when people have this conversation about Wallet because I think just because someone doesn't have something that's streaming on the radio every single day doesn't mean that this artist contributions doesn't matter and that he is not who he is talent wise.
Speaker 2: And I think that we need to be able to separate the two things.
Speaker 1: And because of how big social media is and how loud things get and how big this interaction was for instance, right, we aren't able to separate the two things.
Speaker 2: And I think it's unfair to both parties. But people are upset.
Speaker 1: They're upset at Wilat because they feel like this made him look bad, This made him look corny, this made him.
Speaker 2: You know, have a huge or it leans into the whole.
Speaker 1: Wila has this huge ego and that's this issue now and that's why things are not working for him now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But then on the other side, people are like, come on, Ki, for you to be in this world of things doing what you're doing, it makes no sense.
Speaker 2: What do y'all think? Who do y'all think? Right or wrong?
Speaker 1: In my opinion, Kay Sanai, I don't believe that he knew who Wiale was off rip. I think maybe if you played him a couple of songs a bit and gave him, you know, a little bit of like background context, he might have came around to remembering him and even might have remembered playing in the game with him. I think kays s and I is just one of those people who receives everyone very graciously and friendly. Even in a video interaction him saying what's up to It's not like like he just said what's up to him? Because they were walking past each other and just had a human interaction with him or do you think on the other hand, you know, Wilele is you know wrong for And honestly, it wasn't even the first interaction. It was that second interaction that I was like, oh, that's not gonna be taken well because it was more so like, yo, you played with me on stream like it was kind of like it was a soft come on, y'all, stop, come on, stop playing with me, because I think you know, I don't notice for sure, but based off of the interaction that y'all just listened to from what I'm hearing and what I'm in interpreting, while they felt a way by how this was taken, by how he was made to look, but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it was intentional.
Speaker 1: So y'all gonna take a look at videos, y'all listen to the audio here. Now, let me know what y'all think about it. Now. At the end of the day, there's always a lot to talk about and y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about it, but you choose to be right here with me, and I appreciate you, guys every single time you do.
Speaker 2: So I'll see you guys, in my next episode,