Speaker 1: The volume NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: PO Joe, we talked about it. This Commander stun the Lions forty five thirty one to advance to the NFC Championship Game. Is the first advancement since nineteen ninety two. Jane Daniels through for two hundred and ninety nine yard two touchdowns. Jared Goff had a brutal day and this will concern me, O Joe. When your defense is a little sus with all those interestes, the last thing you can do is turn the ball over, and you definitely can't turn it over four times. You play double, you gave a pick six up, you took points off the board with Jamison Williams. You gave me a short field to get another touchdown, and at the end to that little interception didn't matter. But you still have four turnovers. Detroit defense had no answer for Washington's offense. They racked up all those five hundred yards of total offense, only had to punt the ball once. The Commanders will face the winner of the Eagles in the Rams game. The lions sid season ends with massive disappointment, and they expect to have a huge turnover. It's reported that both coordinators are probably going to lead, Ben Johnson being rumored to going to the Las Vegas Raiders and Aaron Glenn potential the Jets or the Saints. We'll see how that plays out. But Detroit, we'll have to wait another year. Very disappointing season. Fifteen wins a lot of Pro Bowl players on that side, on that football team, Ojoe, But the first Super Bowl players for the Detroit Lions will have to wait the other year. Joe.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, man, Listen.
Speaker 4: I know the Lions lost, and obviously golf has to play better with the defense being held together by duc Tate, basically their third string out there. They have a few playmakers. That's pretty much it. Obviously, golf has to understand in order for you to even have a chance, a winning chance, you can't turn the ball over.
Speaker 1: You just can't.
Speaker 3: You can't that first half of football.
Speaker 4: I tweeted and I asked, and a lot of people answered, when was the last time we see the half of football that exciting and that good where teams were scoring back to back almost every it seemed like almost every series.
Speaker 1: Now they were well, yeah, well you saw it, you saw three weeks ago with Buffalo nineteen. The treat Man a.
Speaker 4: Football was like that every Sunday, every Sunday. But the fact that we were able to get this truth tonight in the upset that the Commanders put on the Lions was absolutely phenomenal. And I want people to understand how important it is and why teams invest in quarterbacks and why they paid quarterbacks the kind of money they paid, because when you get a franchise quarterback like this, it turns your franchise around immediately. Immediately you have to think, oh, they haven't been in NFC Championship in the past thirty three years, the past thirty three years.
Speaker 3: This is the first time they scored forty five points.
Speaker 4: Forty five points, which is is a franchise record in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Man, hey, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 4: I'm so goddamn excited, obviously for Jane Daniels, for Commanders fans that have waited for this for who knows how long, who knows how long, Just to have yes, to be in contention, just to be able to compete week to week, and now to be playing in the NFC Championship at the thirty thirty three year hiatus is awesome.
Speaker 3: Man, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pay double for turnovers, Oho, but it doesn't matter if the team can't capitalize on the turnovers. And when they turned the ball over Detroit White Teacher made them play the ultimate price. They got points out of them except that interception at the end of the first half. Oh shoe, I don't know. Golf didn't play well today, There's no way around it. He didn't play well. He got Jameson Williams. I don't know why he would throw that post so flat because the guys in the trail position he's gonna jet it. If you throw it playing, you're gonna jettit. With what we call it chat we call every time. What we mean is that he's gone, why do you throw? You can't throw the ball? You got the whole feeling.
Speaker 4: And then to me, honestly, I think I think the ball was laid a little bit lead him across. I think the ball was a little late, because that's the first thing I first, sweet I'm saying, man, that ball is.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, yeah it was. But when you turn the ball over like that, you J Daniels man, I don't know this rookie season that he's having. Look, you know, we go back and talk about rookie season. We saw c. J. Stroud had an unbelievable season. He was rookie of the year. We said RG three season, he was rookie of the year. But for him to do what because we've seen rookie quarterbacks go to the playoff. If I'm not mistaken, I think Mark saying, Jaz, but that was a defensive lead football team. We saw Joe Flatto go to the playoffs. That was a defensive lead football team. This is an offensive let football team. Their quarterback is asked to do an awful lot, and he's like, okay, let me do it.
Speaker 3: As a rookie.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to be this goddamn good this early. Do you see his composure on the zero blitz, three men coming right at him.
Speaker 1: He's sitting that chilling.
Speaker 3: Yes, just Waydon, Just Waydon. He had urged twice zero blitz.
Speaker 1: What the hell? Yes? Brown makes an unbelievable catch Terry McLaury. They catch him with a ball and the catching with a blitz. It wasn't blit because the satan was in the hole. But he takes a terrible angle and McLardy h hit the jets on him and then he's gone. But oh Joe, the thing is, we knew this first of all. They're pressure team Detroit, a pressure team to begin with. We know once they got the lead, now you got to take it. You got to take even more chances. Now, hey guys, let's just catch the ball. They missed a tackle. You can hit your head on the goal post. It's a rap. But Jared, and this is what really concerned me, because Jared Golf can be great where he goes. We've seen him do this. Ooke eighteen of eighteen for a game. But we've seen him turn the throw five picks against the Houston Texas. We've seen him and they win the ball game. We've seen him turn the ball over two times three times in the game and they win the ball game. But you can't turn the ball over against a team that's just this explosive on the offensive side of the football. When they got playmakers, when you got Ertz who's a three time Pro Bowl player, you got Jared McLaurin, who's going to another Pro Bowl, who's a now standing receiver. And you got guys league exceptional brown making big time plays, guys running the football. The offensive line. When you have a player like a Jaydon Daniels at that position, which is the quarterback position, everybody believes in him. The offensive line blocks a little harder, guys run a little harder, guys make tougher and tougher catches for you because they believe so. Ay, I can't let this guy down.
Speaker 5: I believe in it.
Speaker 1: The whole team. Now, the defense like, hey, let's get the ball back now. All of a sudden, it seems like the ball has a maginated and it's distracted to the other side. Of the football off. Yah. I've said this before. You paid double for turnovers and when you're I believe Detroit it was the better team. But guess what happened though, Joe, when you turn the ball over that team that you might be better than everything out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also what I like with the running game, because Jaydon Daniels is such a threat similar to Lamar Jackson. I'm not saying he's Jackson. I'm just saying the fact that he had defense to be able to hold, to to be able to hold when he put that when he put that all that eckless belly, or he put that ball in Brian Robinson's belly and he make them them in sit for just a little bit, allow them guards to go up to the second level and get that block.
Speaker 3: Then you're getting five six yards of pop every time.
Speaker 4: Okay, and the then you want to crash down, you know what, I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 3: And go and go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not your responsibility though, That's what I don't get. They got it fourth and two. Yeah, that's not your reponsibility. You have contained. Your responsibility is contained. If he runs for on the opposite side, Coach, I don't know what you want me to do. That's not you, That's what That's why I couldn't too. He knows his responsibility is contained. Why would you take ojo, I don't give it that. Hey, I would be looking right here at my gap. What about?
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 1: They ain't got nothing to do with me. This is my responsibility over here. And when you're dealing with a guy like him, or you're dealing with a guy like Lamar, one false step. The man had a coach jell us all the time. Son. If you hesitate your beat, you take one false step against a Jane Dad, you take one false step against a guy like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen your beat, you're not gonna You're not going to recover and stop him from getting two yards. That's why they want you to hold contain you your response. Nothing in the A gap, nothing in the B gap, nothing in the backside a B or outside is your responsibility. You abandon your responsibility and give it.
Speaker 4: The funniest thing about it, got eyes in the backfield on the fleet pitch that's going the opposite way anyway.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't you wouldn't have been able to get there. Anyway you're to get there.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna do, what you're gonna do, chas him in the ends on and have everybody thinking that that's your guy.
Speaker 5: That's all you're gonna do is chasing in the ends on.
Speaker 1: They were like, man, Arnold got beat again, O jo If guys would just do their responsibility, whatever that is. If you got a gap, O Joe, if that guy comes in outside, that ain't my responsibility. I got the a gap Arnold has contained. He must not contain, means nothing gets outside of him. Nothing. Hey, oh Joe, if i'm if i'm, if I'm curry out the club, I got the front door, somebody coming to me. I don't ever talking about that. Responsible the hell you gonna.
Speaker 5: Have somebody back?
Speaker 1: Then? I got the front though. That wasn't They tell Vira why the girl always coming? Are you in charge of the girl's viral? Yeah, I'm in charging the girl quick? Why the money coming up? Why the money coming up?
Speaker 5: Short?
Speaker 1: Accusing me of stealing, I'm just saying why everybody always counted for? But the money coming up? Quick? With the with the girls, Arnold, your responsibility? But okay, now because GQ, he says, I'm going for the death blow. I ain't selling for no field goal. I'm going for the death blow. I got this hammer in my hand. I got the momentum, and I'm not gonna relinquish it. Maybe if you're stopping more for a guy who knows, maybe that takes some of the wind out of the sell.
Speaker 5: It gives you some momentum. But what do they do? They going to score a touchdown?
Speaker 1: I get it, Jary Golf picked the worst time to have one of his worst games of his career.
Speaker 5: You turned them all over like that.
Speaker 1: In the postseason, you're losing probably one thousand, probably nine hundred and ninety nine times out of a thousand. You're gonna lose a game if you give up a pick six, you throw a pick in the end.
Speaker 5: Zone, you fumble.
Speaker 1: Look like I said, it was four turnovers, he had three. He had three picks and a fumble that last one. O Joe. The game is basically I mean you already you what. You're down fourteen points, so you're not coming back. You're not coming back anyway. Bro.
Speaker 5: You cannot play that bad in that moment.
Speaker 1: You're too much of a veteran quarterback to be that reckless with the football and then you o jo, this is why they tell and I get it. I get jaredy golf. He's like, this is a big game, this is a vision around the playoff game.
Speaker 5: Let me change.
Speaker 1: But you're not used to chasing. So if you don't know where those guys are coming from, you see the thing is once a you and I somebody get a pick. The first thing we do every time where the state because somebody coming to get you. They're coming to get you. So I just need okay, hey, let me, hey, let me because the one time I didn't do that, I got my clock clean. The first thing the.
Speaker 4: First listen one when there's an interception and you on the off of the team, you keep your head on the swivel.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, you pursued because you don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 1: No, they can't block back anymore. But if you're bring your ass to the ball, they're gonna knock you. And you see what happened. The first thing to hit with his back of his head. He never saw lobu. He never saw he never saw it. And he put his helmet right up on his mobo, cheating. And then and then they said talk about he called on that play. But if you have someone trying to make attack on the plate, why can't you block him?
Speaker 4: Even though it is a quarterback. He had the chance to stop oh because he went hotel.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I understand, and you know it's funny in Jaydon Daniels also tonight again Commanders fan. If you're a Commanders fan, you in the chat, you should be happy. You should be happy. And I said it when the game was going on despite no matter who wins this game. If you're a Commanders fan and you know you have Jaydon Daniels, you should be happy and excited for the next decade because you know what's to come. There have been five quarterbacks that have made the conference championship in NFL history in their rookie year. Sean King in ninety nine, Ben Roethlisberger in two thousand and four, Joe Flack on two thousand and eight, Mark Sanchez obviously, that defense led, that defensive led, Jets brought Purdy in twenty twenty two, and now Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 3: They say young Bullers, special man.
Speaker 1: But but if you think about it, O, Joe, think about the guys you mentioned now that ninety nineteen that team had John le Ronde Barber, Warren Sath and Simeon Rice. That's five guys. I mean Brooklyn in the Hall of Fame, SAPs in the Hall of Fame. Lynch is in the Hall of Fame. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ronde, Barber is in the Hall of Fame. So that's for Hall of famers. Simeon Rice could easily be in the Hall of Fame. He has some issues. You know, reporters don't really care about it, but that's potentially that's a defensive based football team. Joe Flacco, Do I need to say what they had? Suggs, ray Lewis, ed Reed. I won't say anymore. Look at Mark Sanchez, Look at what that defensive that's a Rex Ryan team. That's a defensive based football team. Brock Party's team that was Look, they had outstanding weapons, but they played very, very very good defense. They put so much on James Date, James Daniels plate and he eats it all. He's better than advertised. I thought he could be good, but there's always a learning curve. And look there and the Partner season show we start. I don't know Joe bow Nicks might sneak and the get some of them. A rookie of the rookie of the year boat.
Speaker 3: He took a deep bro hold my beer.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs defeated the Texans twenty three to fourteen the Texas. I played the Chiefs on my offence and defense for much of the first three quarters. But that my homeboys gonna find a way. The man they got him going down. He's Superman's finds Kelsey. But I told you, nephew A, he don't have the legs that he once has. But he's a professional, get open guy. That's what Travis Kelsey is now. Can he run like he wants? Could? No? No, had he been able to run like he wants could, he probably have two hundred plus yards today.
Speaker 5: But he can't run like that.
Speaker 1: But what he can do is still get open and he can see things like him. My homeboys struggled this year of getting that connection O Joe, what we have seen them have for the past six year. That wif but when it needed it, you no where going and they did a great job. They doubled him a lot of time on shoe. You see he run across the Basic Cross. They got the safety coming down to take it away. They got they played in and out on him. But look, check this out. And I said this before, and people like to keep saying. Travis Kelsey is the greatest tight end double play. He's number one in playoffs in catches over Jared Rice. He's two hundred yards behind Jared Rice for the most receiving yards in playoff history. He's two touchdowns behind Jared Rice for the most touchdowns in playoff history. Ten Pro Bowls. He had like seven eight straight one thousand yard seasons. No other tight end has more than four. He has seven eight straight. Remember, oh Joe, he would have had another one. They made They sat him out last year because they had they was already locked into the three seeds. The thing that's most impressive aby him. As great as he is in the regular season, he's even better in the postseason. And that's not a knock on anybody. The two top tight ends for me, of him and Gronk, I think it's him and Gronk. I'm taking trial. That's not to say I don't like Gronk. I think Gronk is phenomenal. His relationship with Brady is second. Just like what what what having with my whole boy? But you can't deny. You can't deny the numbers regular season, the Pro Bowls, the All Pros, the way, big game after big game after big Have you ever left a playoff game and say, man, trap let us down. Man, he ain't play good today? You I mean, oh Joe, And I'm talking about with the money we shoving all them. Its finality. Now, the playoffs is all about finality. It ain't no hey, We'll look at the tape, will bounce back next week.
Speaker 5: Next week is eight months from now.
Speaker 1: This guy has been money one hundred and seventy two postseason receptions. He's far away, He's not done. He has twoenty twenty yards. That's second all time. We know Jerry, Jerry's the gold, not just because of what he did in the post in the regular season. When you ever see a game, what you say with man, Jerry and Jerry let us down. In the postseason, he's two yards and touchdown. He's a tight end. He's a tight end, and he has a thousand catches and a whole lot of bousand catch guys, what is the ten to twelve, oh Joe? Only what I think I think Gonzo. It has the record. He has like thirteen hundred. I think Winton has like eleven hundred. And I think he's the next tight end. He has a thousand. I think Gates had like nine. I think Gates had nine, maybe nine something. And then everybody else, you know, everybody's cut out after me and and but he for me, oh Joe. And the most one hundred catch playoff games in.
Speaker 5: A tight end he's won.
Speaker 1: In most one hundred yard games he's won, and catches he's two in yards.
Speaker 3: Most of that possible too long.
Speaker 4: If you think about it, if he was on any other team, it wouldn't be the same, the production, the numbers, you know, the accolades wouldn't be the same. And just the right fit, the right offense, the right quarterback, the right play calling, the right creativity and everything.
Speaker 3: The rest takes take care of himself, Ojo.
Speaker 1: He went to the Pro Bowl. Alex Smith. We didn't talk about this guy like we do now until he got my homeboy Let's and he was a phenomenal player, Yes he got. I think he's going to ten straight promos. You gotta be good to go to ten straight. And there are times that he had had a Kittle not had those all world seasons, he might have been another. He might have a couple of more first team All pros. It look at brock Bowers had a historic season, but the ten pro to ten consecutive propos for a tight end. What he's been able to do his body of work. When it's all said and done, I think right now it's just he and Gronk at the table having a discussion. I don't know, boy, he we we don't need to do We don't need to discuss it among ourselves. We will let other people discuss it. I think it's them two. I love them both. Watched them both. It's funny they both got the same number. Uh both played your You'll probably say, what it's all said done, we played with the two greatest quarterbacks of all time.
Speaker 5: That definitely, that definitely helps.
Speaker 1: Uh. But what he's been able to do, man, Like I said, he's at this point in time, he doesn't have the legs that he wants had.
Speaker 3: Very savy.
Speaker 1: He's just a professional guy that knows it.
Speaker 3: Very savvy, being able to defense.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is not only getting open, is him and my home be on the same page, and no one when to settle.
Speaker 3: No one would have settled knowing where to be at and and every time.
Speaker 1: Man never, Oh Joe, if you play Kansas City and you if you play a Stege fact Nola defense. The moment he feels threatened, he's coming with the bomb blitz. He's finn to blow it up. The moment you threaten him, he's coming. Hell, I know that. Had chiefs don't know. I mean, how how the Texans don't know that? Bro, they gonna come. If you threaten him, He's coming with the Blacks. He's gonna blow it up. He'll throw caution to the wind. Damn that safe in the middle this field. I'm coming to get you. Uh seven sacks they sacked him seven times. Uh well they had seven sacks in the fourth quarter, three by George Colopidus. Colopidus, Yeah he Hey, they got after them. Uh. CJ was back. CJ was calling them. Look, they did a great job. Uh. I think you know what, Colost They kind of tweaked that.
Speaker 3: I ain't a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh but the thing is with Kansas City. You know this, Oh Joe, and I thought Texas did a good job. They didn't turn the ball over. I thought Joe Mixon ran the ball well enough. But they're gonna have to get better on their offensive line. That that's that's that's that's that's the next thing they do now, O Joe, they got look tankdal Tankdale's gonna miss some time, Ojo. He's gonna miss some time. I wouldn't count on him coming back next year early. I don't know what they're gonna do with Stefan Diggs, if he's gonna take I don't think no. You know, nobody's gonna give him that thirty million dollars coming off an a cl injury, so he might have to take a one year deal. I don't know if he wants to for it to be there, I would look at staying there because I got a really good quarterback. I got Nico Collins on one side. I like Dalton shows at the tight end. Bro, that's a bull job job that you did on that past blocking. I ain't say look it, Bro. I ain't saying you gotta be Mark Bavarro or bron or George Kettle, but brother, you can't do that or goomba Wale. That's some bull jove. Two guys should be able to block running back of the tight ends. You'd be able to block the defensive men. Two guys should be able to unleif it's Reggie or one of the all worlds alt something like that. Ain't no way, that's it.
Speaker 4: That was that was That's some out what else watching the game obviously, Uh, you know a lot of chirping obviously from some prominent figures in the NFL that are part of the NFL in general.
Speaker 3: Uh, talking about some of the calls that were made and in favor of the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: And we hear this all the time, especially around the postseason time, sometimes the regular season as well. It seems calls are always convenient when it matters most of them, to give them whatever it may be, you know. And one of the things that bothered me, that's starting to bother me just a little bit. I love Mahomes, I love everything they're doing, just that Mahomes is intentionally playing with defenders to draw somebod these draw some of these.
Speaker 1: Oh he's slowed down and the guy pushed him. Bro, you're still in bound and he will live. He will Yeah, he went.
Speaker 4: Jokes and is forcing the ref to throw flags and they getting the rest are starting to get a little a little jumpy. So every time, but Mahomes is playing around, he's doing it purposely because he's taking advantage of the rules and knowing that they could take advantage of it.
Speaker 6: And he's flopping some time. Okay, and the late slide. That was the late slide. I don't know what the guy because he got the last down. I don't know what you want me to do. I've already committed.
Speaker 3: On purpose because he.
Speaker 4: Can take advantage of the rules, So why not now I'm not sure. It's probably too late now, but at some point next year, the Competition Committee or whoever whoever the powers may be, they need implement a rule.
Speaker 1: Never yeah, when he comes to that quarterback, Hey, the rule. This is what was told to me. Wining down. If it's a quarterback, throw the flag. I don't care if you get it wrong. We will not hold that against you. Winning down.
Speaker 4: I mean quarterback chat, the chat. If y'all watch the game to day, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now, I'm not saying and I'm not saying that bad. The Chiefs are great and all thatady to do. Patrick Mahomes one of the best ever. But I'm just he's taking advantage of the moves oat a little bit, I just just a little bit, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe can ask your question.
Speaker 1: We heard the same thing when Tom Brady and the Patriots were winning. It was the referee. We heard the same thing, oh Joe. If we saw Tom Brady get a call Chris Jones hit the man in the shoulder pad. They said he hit the man in the head.
Speaker 5: He didn't touch his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a lot of phantom calls. It happens. Uh. They called him play a pillody tonight. Man ain't touching Montgommery's face.
Speaker 3: But then you know what, and they had a shoulder bad but because his hand.
Speaker 4: But we said, we see it in little motion and rest is seeing it in in in real time, look fast in real.
Speaker 1: Time, and it looks like his head, his head does this, and it looked like, oh he grabbed his face bad that man. They touched that man face mask and you throw that past you shouldn't be allowed face or mad.
Speaker 5: But I think the biggest called what.
Speaker 1: Got him is that when Mahomes overthrew Kelsey and Will Anderson hit him in the chin and they thought.
Speaker 7: He did verse it somebody and he listen, now, he sold it, told it. Yes, they're good, because when what would Brady do? Every time they hit Brady? Somewhat late, he started to look at the official. That's what the quarterback. You're not gonna do anything about that?
Speaker 3: Hey, look at look at Hey.
Speaker 1: How many times you ever saw the official come to the sideline and talk to any other player? Like the official went to the sideline and talked to Josh Allen. I ain't never seen that. I have never seen an official come to the sideline and talk to a player, say look, because he could have threw a flag all yelling. They threw a flag on Tom Brady one time, but Tom was probably m finem. Yeah, normally they throw Normally they throw a flag on you. You know, you keep yelling at you know. I've seen it time stop.
Speaker 3: Seen it with Josh Allen and then basketball I saw with Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the thing, oh Joe. The Texas are the first team in NFL postseason history to outgain an opponent by one hundred yards, have zero turnovers, and lose. Prior to today, teams were forty nine and zero in such.
Speaker 3: Shames and Boy's special Land and boys Special.
Speaker 1: They just know how to win. And there's an expectation when you've been in this situation. You got to beat them. How many times it's normally not beat. You had to beat Tom convincingly. Yep, you had to beat him. You the only thing you don't want to have happened. You didn't want Tom to have the ball with the chicks to beat your ass late in the ball game. You want, hey, you want to be taking a knee because it's the same thing with my home. You don't want to have the ball late with the ball in his hand. And I will say this about the Chiefs. Oh yo, you get the ball to start your offense on the thirteen yard lineer, you kick a field goal. Next week, you're going home. You do that again, you do that against Buffalo or Baltimore, you're going home. You're going home. They got the ball again and they set up for another field goal. Now I don't know what they I don't know what the text's gonna do with their kicker in the market for another one.
Speaker 3: Listen, you heard what if they need a kicker? I'm right here.
Speaker 1: That first kick wasn't the close, Like, what do we do yes in a game, and a game like that were it didn't even fla if you're born, O Joe. Do you know how deflating that is? O Joe. Now, were about to tie the game up, and I look like, yeah, bro, hey, nice run, hey, nice run, Joe, that drum mixed?
Speaker 5: Hey want to put him in the blend to mix blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, oh, yeah, things and take the win right out yours. Damn, it went right out yours.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean you trying to put it, you try to pull them products. That's okay, that's okay, we're good.
Speaker 1: No, bro, we're behind if we think if they don't do anything else, if we don't do anything else, we lose. Oh man, uh oh Joe. There's been a lot said about the refs, the refs favoring the chief, the textans spoke about it after the game.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to what CJ had to say. First.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, those things are tough.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm not gonna go back and forth on what I thought was a call, when I thought it was in a call, you know, And you know, it's one of those things you kind of know what's up before you even walking the arena, and we gotta be better and just mean accountable and sound, and you know some things. You know, I think we had a couple of calls and weren't called that I'm begging for it, But at the same time, it is what it is, you know, like I can't argue with the reft and at the same time play football. I gotta go and do my job. So yeah, I would say, you know, it's definitely some things that I would question. But at the same time, I mean, they're the professionals, are getting paid to be refs, and you know they did ultimately their best, and yeah, but you know that's kind of thing. You know, it's that's against the world, you know, when you're playing in these type of environments.
Speaker 3: And I got a question. I got a question.
Speaker 4: If everybody keeps saying the same thing every year, regular season, every postseason when it comes to the chief, questionable calls, calls that are always convenient, and it seems they always side for the teas. At what point are the people right and there's not an excuse made every single time. If someone's always saying the same thing all the time, you know it if there's smoke, there's fire. If there's smoke, this fire somewhere, everybody can't be wrong about it. The coaches said, The fans said, sometimes the people in the chat may say it. The people that don't agree are the people that are actually Chiefs fans, you know. But I'm just saying, I'm I don't have a horse in this race. I'm just saying I see questionable things that happen at times that favor the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Did you see questionable calls with Kobe?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, did you see questionable calls with Michael Jordan?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, so, okay, I want to I do want to make sure we on the same page.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it's gonna apple. Let's take a listen to what Joe Mixon had to say.
Speaker 9: Everybody know how it is playing up here. You can't you can never leave you can never leave it into the rest's hands. But I mean the whole world see man like what it is, bro, But it is what it is, you know, like I said, when it comes down, so you can't never leave it into the rest hands. Man named things like that.
Speaker 1: But saw good, big Lombardi, I know, big he right out of he said, yeah, I'm done. See my hoole can't get separate route. Okay, he's.
Speaker 4: Every everybody can't be blind in the fact. Now, not everybody, the player said. The coaches said. People from the outside that are prominent figures, like I said earlier in the NFL, that had been watching the game for a very long time, and they can see it now. I see it sometimes as a former player, occasionally, not often, but most of the time.
Speaker 5: But they do get calls.
Speaker 4: The calls are warranted when I see it in little motion. Okay, you know what the fans might say, that's some bulldye. But as a fan me actually, as a player and a fan of the game, now, okay, that was warranted.
Speaker 1: That's really a call. Now, yeah, I feel but I thought, Joe, but we see we you and I. We discussed it every week. Bro. I mean the guys laying on the quarterback personal foul. Bro, I'm like with that.
Speaker 5: So what you want me to do? You want me the latest more fo down? Hold on now.
Speaker 1: Tackles that.
Speaker 3: Not only do they attacker you when they take it to the ground, you know, they putting all their weight on you too.
Speaker 1: Now, I see guys try they try to care Yeah, it's so like I ain't trying to drop my weight on him, and they still throw the flag every time they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Protect the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Chad. I get it, and I get frustrated too because sometimes I see it. I'm like, bro, that's not a penalty. I mean, you got to let the guys play at some point in time. But they have been told if there's any doubt in your mind and it's on that guy, yeah, thro the flag.
Speaker 3: You know, It's funny.
Speaker 4: Even without the goddamn calls in favor of the Chiefs, they will still be winning these games because they will still be winning the game because when it matters most and fifteen has the ball in his hands, he's going to make it happen.
Speaker 3: In ninety nine point nine percent of the.
Speaker 1: Time, Commander's win has a Commanders win, have a current and former cowboy great going at it. On Twitter, Dance tweeted, first, dan Quinn, do it what dan Quinn is doing in Washington, Jerry, everybody needs to go, including Zam. I knew Washington was going to be successful because of DQ. Danz Why you keep saying Jerry, Jerry had an opportunity to hide dan Quinn and he kept Mike McCarthy. So when are you gonna I understand you have a great height, I understand your relationship with Jerry, But where you gonna put this at Jerry feet? Because that guy didn't take the job because he thought he was gonna get the job, and then once it became abudtantly clear Jerry was gonna drag his feet, he took another job. What you want that man to you? I ain't feel to be no damn coach. You're waiting for the rest of my life. Keep passing it on an opportunity and after opportunity, why Jared swing his feet? Hell nah, Trey, Jared dinswe From now on, I'll speak truth about my cow words good or bad. Jared has built a great brand, that's all he's done. Brand, And now it's time for the team to start winning. It's time for a real culture ship. I'm filling with all this nepotism. Get someone in there who can win games. Hold on, wait a minute, hold on what you mean. That's what they are branding, that's what this is what you mean to start winning culture. You can't have culture dance bright win your owner.
Speaker 3: You know, oh you know where culture starts at that. That starts from the top.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 3: You don't start from the coach culture, start.
Speaker 1: From the top and well hold on ojofore you go ahead. Father Michael Farson responded, stuff that irritates me, dance because you had enough. You had enough, he was felling. He put a T in front of it. But I know what he meant. You had enough talent and was probably one of the greatest in your time. You could have changed the culture. Brother, you could have changed the culture.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, now, wait now, Mike.
Speaker 1: Michael Parson, what does the front office have to do with players action and players be responsible for their actions?
Speaker 5: Dead shot back.
Speaker 1: I had to double back because you really said I could have changed the color culture. Emphasized that as if you don't know. I was never on a yes man political ass kick kissing ish. I sacrificed myself so a lot of you could do what you do. I'm on some ish way deeper than football. You're really too young to understand. You realize that soon you need to do more. People like don't give a f for the better up of the athletes. The way I talked to Jerry was the way versus the way you talked to Jerry is totally different from darm.
Speaker 5: Oh oh that what you say? You say you like that? Hey, you told me you like.
Speaker 4: Now we can get now, we can get all the players, even the active players, to start talking their truth.
Speaker 3: But there's always been dead since they won that theres they never change there, they never conformed. Des was never PC. So what you're hearing from here now is nothing new. That's always been him.
Speaker 1: I don't believe. I don't believe you can have a culture as long as Jerry is the owner, because what what happens is you need one voice that needs that voice needs to emanate from the coach. If I can circumvent anything that the coach, any authority that coach have by going to his superior, how does the coach, how does the coach leave foundation to establisha culture the thing that they know in New England. Ain't nobody going to Bob Kraft, mister Craft and circumvent anything.
Speaker 5: Coach Check.
Speaker 1: I had this great relationship with mister Bowling man. I wish I would have took my happy black ass upstairs and say, mister Bee, let me tell you what Mike talking about. He look at me like, Sharpie, what you want me to do nothing, don't tell him. I came up here to your office to tell you. Let's stark with let's start with that. Let's keep this between us. The thing was is that when you have one voice, now that takes a lot. Where is this coming from? Who is just coming from?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, oh Joe, the problem they having cowboys. They know what Mike McCarthy is standing in front of them, that Jerry's talking. He's moving his mouth. But Jerry is you know, he's the difference is when Mike Shanahan stood up there and talked. That was Mike, but also he gave us to remember. Now, Bro, we're not gonna do that. What's your weight? Okay, bring your answer? Make wait. Hey, I'm there guy. Hey, go get on the bike. It ain't but two piles. Go get on the bike for ten minutes. Hey you good?
Speaker 5: You're gonna be able to drop that?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: Getting so getting a hot tub?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, bro, that's our responsibility.
Speaker 1: Bro. Clean up? Come on, Bro, how you hair the laundry basket right there? You gonna throw the towel on the floor. Bro, Really, that's what you're gonna do. You can't get your I mean the tower right there by you, and you just leave the towel in front of your locker. You leave the top. Bro Come on now, bro clear. Mike gave us the authority to police the locker room. We establishing the culture that I had adopted from the older guys, from the Dennis Smith and the Steve Atwaters and the Max and the John, and hopefully that my job was to try to pass that on. That's what you gotta have, O Joe, the guys that when you see Red and the way you conduct yourself and he's watching the way would in how we do things myself and Rod hopefully he passed that along and the culture was established. And so now you get an air reading you gotta sucks and you got guys like that, that's what you play like a raven. They're never gonna have that because Jerry warn't allowed with Jerry want allowed with. I mean, a lot of things transpire, hold on, there are a lot of things that happened once I left. I mean, once I leave about y'all. I just try to do try to put the guys in the best situation as I possibly could to be successful. But there's a lot of things going on, a lot of dealings that I wouldn't have tolerated. It's the guys, we got to be professional and all that other stuff. That's just the kind of stuff that to tear the fabric from a locker room. You know that somebody's people, and then you trying to go behind their back and you trying to do not no, no, no, how we do stuff right here? I don't go for that. Now. I'm just trying to figure out why you try to do that. Why you mad at him about trying to see some girl and you married? How did that look? That's yeah, I'm confused.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, Yeah, I'm I'm just like I'm talking to you.
Speaker 1: Bro. Let me ask you a question. How you mad at him talking about that's your girl? That's real with three kids, that's a good state. Look here, bro, let me tell you I kept the peat.
Speaker 9: My job.
Speaker 1: My job was not only to play. My job was to keep the piece of stuff like that and that Caro lost room apart. Ain't got nothing to do with football. We're gonna keep football football, that's what we're gonna do. Bro. You're why I get winning this right here, because you know because at the end of the day, he's gonna get get mad at you. You doing things to try to salt him up. He go tell your wife. Yeah, now what now, y'all you're gonna want to fight? Why you fighting a man that's single about seeing somebody you married and you trying to get at Huh. Come on, bro, it don't work like that. You get one, you get one, you get your wife, you get your main one. You can't put you can't take three or four off the self and put them in the back, you know, like foot locker. Oh, yoe's not working.
Speaker 5: He put a pair of shoes in the back of me.
Speaker 1: No, you get one, You get to put one on the shelf, and everybody stay away from other than that. It's fair gay, it's fair gay. So you not finna hide four five pair of shoes. We're gonna say we're selling the shoes. Bro, I'm gonna keep it one five with y'all. And that was But see, that's the that's the job of a leader is to keep the piece in the locker room. Because there are a lot of things that can eat at the fabric of a locker room that ain't got nothing to do with football and it ain't got to do with money. Hey, we'll keep money out of this. Look all that gamblet look like, like Mike said, like rookies. We didn't really let a whole lot of rook because first of all, y'all ain't got that kind of money, and you're right, and we can't have Mike saying, look, I can't have y'all out there, y'all owe y'all O eighty four twenty thousand dollars and you're thinking about that. Oh yeah, so look no, no, come on, guys, But that that culture thing is true. People don't realize it. People don't realize how valuable culture is in a locker room until you don't have that veteran leadership in there and you get guys running them up doing all kinds of things, and then you're like, well, damn, I realized that Sharp had more value. He was valuable. And I'm not talking about just on the field, because what Mike didn't realize until I left a lot of things that I snuffed out never made it to him. He didn't no issue about it. But that's what veterans do. That's what leaders do. You come together, you say, hey, bro, what's really going on? What's the problem? Okay, you got a problem at home? Okay, how can we help? What's going on? What? What? What I mean? What does she think you're doing? Bro? You cannot you cannot go out and come in at three four in the morning.
Speaker 5: What homeboy?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 5: So what you're telling them?
Speaker 1: You can't tell her? I'm out help out my own homeboys and come in there three four in the morning. I tell Bucket. I you to tell Bucket all the time. Nah, Bro, you're not finna mess up my home. Hey my homeboy in town, can you? Hey?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, come on back.
Speaker 1: You not finna mess up my home. Got me coming to car? You want to come in at three four in the more? Oh? Hell no, no, Bro, you can't do that. I'm not gonna tell you, you grown ass man. But I'm telling I'm not gonna tell you what you can and what I'm gonna tell you what you shouldn't do. I can't tell you what you can't do because you're grown. But I'm gonna tell you what you shouldn't do and and if you want peace, if you want because at some point time, Mike gonna wonder why you're play slipping, Why you seem distracted, Why you keep busting assignments, why you're not where you're supposed to be. And then eventually a Mike Shannet had cut you. See, I ain't tell you that, Oh Michael, Michael eat five million, six million dollars, he will cut your ass. So I just want to know what you how you how you want to play this thing? Man shop man A. I appreciate that, bro, I appre I appreciate you coming to me, but I can't keep Mike off your ass. You keep making these kind of mistakes because I can only lie so much