Speaker 1: Philly firing, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by Bet MGM, the King of sportsbooks. It's me, Joey p with me. Today is the Welsh and it's you and we got a big story to start the show. Oh a lot of people watching live today because the Phillies fired their manager. Joe Girardi is gone. It is sayonara, mister Girardi. The Phillies have gone one hundred and thirty two and one for one under Joe Girardi, including a twenty two and twenty nine stretch so far this season. Rob Thompson is going to take over as their interim manager now. Welsh Joe Girardi certainly has a lot of experience as a manager, has also had a lot of moments in his managerial career where he has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I remember in the Marlins situation, run a lot of people the wrong way, had a lot of success in New York, but still rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I remember when the Mets were looking for a manager, it was not the guy as a fan that I wanted. Having lived the Joe Girardi cycle in New York already. But the Phillies, look, at the end of the day, they struggled mightily. Last year. They made a run in the second half, it was not enough. This year off to the same dismal start. And look, they made investments in this team. They brought in Schwarber, they brought in Castillanos, they made moves that we all thought were really good in the offseason. So if you're not performing, eventually somebody's got a swing, and it looks like the swing is going to be Joe Girardi.
Speaker 2: And sometimes for these guys, those incredible, awesome roster moves are the death of them because you can't waste the years, and I think that's obviously what the team looks at. You cannot waste these years of Bryce Harper and what was it, twelve or fifteen loss. You can't do that. There's also you could question the under development of some of the young players. BOMs kind of gone up and down. Stott didn't quite work out so far. What I'm curious about though, because I find this still odd. I find it odd June third, that you're going and firing a you know, well respected manager, regardless of all of this stuff that what's the what's the plan? What was what was Joe Girardi holding this team back on? I would love to hear that conversation what's the thing with him gone? Because managers in baseball alone are kind of it's such a different situation than NFL coaching. Yet you get team philosophies of stolen bases. Diamondbacks, Astros do not want to steal bases, which can be a little bit of a whole back. But what is what's the move going to change for this team now? Unless he was hated across the organization and players wanted him out, what will actually change with a baseball manager being fired in June?
Speaker 1: Well, I think something that has been Look, it's been the Achilles heal. This Phillies team is that bullpen for quite some time. And his men of the Yankee bullpen when he was Yankee manager also was not very well thought of or well received. I remember that very well and very vividly. And they won sometimes despite that because the payroll of the Yankee you know, the payroll of the Yankees cures a lot of ills and can make up for a lot of mistakes that managers make, and he made a lot of in game ones that were magnified in the playoffs. But again, I'm not saying he's not a good baseball man. I'm not saying Joe Girardi hasn't earned his opportunities. He absolutely has. But the Phillies bullpen continues to be mismanaged. I think over the years, and I think that you look at probably how the bullpen folks feel. I think it's got to come from some of the stars on the team too. I can only again, it's it's not fair to speculate, but I think you can only look at when you have hard nosed players like Bryce Harper. Schwarber is kind of a tough guy. Castiana is kind of a tough guy. If a manager is grating on those guys who are grinding tough guys, I think that says a lot. And I can only it's got to be part of the equation.
Speaker 2: And you're right, And you know what, someone just put it in the chat, the truth posted what Harper wants Harper gets. I agree with that statement. And if that is the case, if Harper didn't like the managing style and wanted him out, okay, as stupid as it is, that makes sense. You know, we don't need to lie to ourselves that star players in sports don't make these decisions. You know, the Lebron James coaching joke that's always been out there. I get that little mismanaging. I would just love to hear because what will be the philosophical change? And that's actually why this the most sense makes that Bryce Harper did not defend him. You know, if Bryce Harper wanted him to stay, there's no way you make this move in June because relatively short clip that's kind of been out because I don't see what the philosophical change in this team is going to be. Are they going to run more? Are they going to have a different rotation of what they do in their bullpen? Their starters Kyle Gibson had been playing. We define like they've been relatively fine. What is a philosophical change outside of just saying screw it, he's done, he sucks, we don't like him. Buy and Bryce Harper does not give the stamp of approval to keep him, and we get our first big big move of baseball managers kicking rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and the ripple effect here is that you know, I think it's pretty clear now that the Phillies may respond to this. Sometimes this typically happens, or the short term sometimes you get a little boost from this. It happens in the NFL every year, but sometimes the Major League Baseball happens too. We're just a little change. So monitor of the Phillies very closely in the wagering market and in the fantasy market. This might be a great time to buy some Phillies on the cheap to see if maybe a different voice or maybe just not Joe Girardi's presence changes the tone of the locker room or the the interesting you know, of the clubhouse. Because I think that's there's always a short term Typically there's at least the opportunity for a short term boost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the support you would hope, you would hope, but.
Speaker 1: It might be a guy you you would hope, so, but again it might not be long sustained.
Speaker 2: And well, I'll tell you this, they've been so bad that everybody's gonna instantly be like, what a great move this is when they start winning a couple games. That's what's so stupid and weird about that situation.
Speaker 1: Right, they'll go in five and two, and they'll think, oh, look it's a complexer.
Speaker 2: Joe Girardi, what a disaster he was. What a great move this is for? Who'd you say? Was this? The lead singer of Matchbox twenty became the new manager, Rob Thomas.
Speaker 1: I want to push you around? Were live?
Speaker 2: Where we where? Will?
Speaker 1: I love? Nineties guys? Singer voice? Sing any song from the nineties in that voice, you know, our hair'll become cumbersome. It's the same ass. It's three am, almost beloadly. It's the same voice, same voys, same things. It's awesome, cake enough of it, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: What do nineties singing Fridays?
Speaker 1: We'll just do that.
Speaker 2: We'll do a singing segment.
Speaker 1: Of our Oh let just talk about that heroes. Yeah, we're losing viewers the more we sing, so we should sie. All right, Let's go to Trey Turner extending his hit straight to t five games, Paul Goldschmidt right behind it, with twenty four of those guys stayed red hot. Craig Kimbrel notches the save on Thursday against the mess. Tony Gonsolin continues to be unbelievable six inning gym against the Mets, Travis Darnault hitting two bombs. The Royals made a move acquiring Alberta Brew in a trade with the Rangers. Jameson tai On takes the perfect game into the eighth gets a w Cetie. Al Kontrac continues to be a maze balls blanking the Giants over seven innings. Now wel al Contra right now over on FanDuel is plus eight hundred for the cy Young. I think this is a fascinating time to start investing in al Contra. For this market. Eight to one is great odds. You could throw ten bucks there and win eighty and just sit and watch it. And again, if he continues to be great over the next six weeks, that number will probably get cut in half and then you can put another twenty on that. You don't have to invest a lot to enjoy wagering on baseball and to enjoy the futures market here when it comes to awards, but our Contra, I think has really put himself now into the national consciousness for this award. Musk Grove, I think is in that conversation he's also at that same eight to one, And of course CORYN. Burns is still at the top. But now what sures as out of the equation to proms out of the equation completely. We knew that all of a sudden some of these other guys are gonna start to get more publicity.
Speaker 2: What do you think I really like Sandy. I've actually watched Sandy directly his last three starts, because I've done pitching props on him, and I believe, if I'm correct, he's at least hit hit the over on his strikeout props in his last three did yesterday that was one that I played as well. He looks phenomenal, He goes deep into games, he does not get bogged down. So many pitchers man so many pitchers this year, especially whenever I bet on them. We'll have these twenty twenty five in pitch innings, and Santo Contra is efficient, that change up phenomenal controls the zone he just had. It's actually kind of like Nestor Cortez in that when you watch Nestor Cortez sometimes you're just like, I can't believe we're not even talking about him too completely outdeeling.
Speaker 1: Well, a, oh, we got a hold Nestor coret tes second.
Speaker 2: But Nester sometimes he does things where you're just like, how are these pitchers so fooled? And you know he likes to play off of messing with timing. I saw some quick pitches in the first inning of yesterday's game. He does. His pitches don't seem like they are so wildly incredible, yet you will get guys completely fooled out of their brain, so sometimes they can pitch from behind. Sanuel Contrac kind of has the same thing. Stuff is awesome, but he fulfills it to the very very top where he looks like one of the best pictures. You trust he's going to go seven every game. You trust he's going to strike out six plus every game, and he will dominate every game on a Marlins team that you know would probably give you a little bit of pause. So yeah, I agree. I think if you want to have some fun, if you like doing the cy Young the award stuff in mid season, put a couple bucks on it. Sandy is a killer choice for the nl sion.
Speaker 1: A couple of injury notes. Real quick wi Leah Damas making his way back one for three in the rehab start, so he should come back probably. I would think early next week. I would imagine maybe sooner we shall see on exact days off for him. But Lindor was out yesterday because of the finger injury too. Slammed his finger yeah into a Lindor and unfortunately was unable to play. So also shout out to James Geary who won the Wander Franco autographed bat. Here again we just giveaway free stuff just for hanging out with us. So if you're that we had that, we had that last month. It was last month in May we had the Gander francl bad we gave it away.
Speaker 2: Who won May?
Speaker 1: We had a three way We had a three way win for May for the T shirts. Uh those three names I do have. Let me just pull that up here. But while I'm looking for that, Uh, let's talk about this because Nessor Cortes once again was unbelievable. Lois whips in Major League Baseball. Right now is Verlander a point eight Burns at point a two, Nessor Cortes at point eight three. Jeff Passing tweeted this, Cortez is down to one point five after seven shutout innings. Thirty sixth round pick by the Yankees returned to them as a rule five pick in Baltimore and then traded the Seattle, got released back to New York. Is there a better story than Nestor Cortez right now? No?
Speaker 2: No, I mean Nestor Cortez looks like one of the best pitchers in baseball. He shouldn't, but he does.
Speaker 1: He looks.
Speaker 2: It's those guys, man, I fall in love with those guys that screw it timing. That's one thing I've always loved about Hazus Lozardo. Johnny Quato is the most famous for it, for just being just kind of crazy and messing with timing. It is peak efficiency and Nestor comes out there and you know, I to be fair, I always kind of talk about his stuff feeling average. It was ninety four, and he just moves it all around. He is He is incredibly, incredibly fun to watch, and it is an incredible story too. I always love those like what was it like, Johann Santana, wasn't he like a rule five? He was? Yeah? Yeah, those are always like really uniquely fun stories. And he's kind of got he's got that path. He's got that path where he was just couldn't do anything. Also, just side note, if you think about the New York Yankees and how they developed, you know, really great minor league prospect systems. They have had great pitching prospects for quite some time. To think that Nestor Cortez is maybe the most valuable outside of Garrett Cole pitcher on this team when they've had guys like Davey Garcia, Luis Medina and the miners Luis Severino has developed, and you know, just a handful more, it is relatively incredible. Even beyond just that story of you know, Rule five and changing teams and being bought back. Also that that is not Yankees are not an organization that have like, you know, minor leaguers or minor league pitching. No, it's really good, huge names, big names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. And also to answer your question, there were three people, the three way tie who won the t Shirts de Blom title. Chaser ninety and Drew all called twelve home runs in the month of May, and two of the three got multiple homers from Johanno Suarez on May six, the greatest Yahoo player that ever lived.
Speaker 2: Well, the greatest Yahoo player. Yeah, it didn't work out yesterday.
Speaker 1: Fred, which again now somebody counteracted that on Twitter. And and also said, I don't know what the hell Mayor was pulling up. But this is not true, So I don't know what Mayor was looking at. What stat things?
Speaker 2: Well, they had an all timeline too. They called Mayor the Thief of Joy, which was Joy timeline.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is the greatest title for Mike Mayer. Ever, I'm gonna have the overlay change next time he's on the show. So underneath, you know, we're Welsh's face on the YouTube channel where it says Chris Welsh. Instead it's gonna say Thief of Joy. Oh that's gonna be you have to.
Speaker 2: But just want to point out that is four four cool things that were given away in the month of May to listeners of the show. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, Wander Franco autographed bat and three T shirts for leading off. I mean, unbelievable stuff. Also, it wasn't all roses for Nestor Cortez because Jim Cott once again put his foot in his mouth. Jim Cott is a great announcer, but Jim Cott needs to step aside. I think it's time for him to or at least be more careful. I know he called him Nestor the molester, it's just not a good look, and we all have tes doesn't help.
Speaker 2: It doesn't help. We all have those moments where we say things and you kind of catch yourself in the moment you're like, oh, that was stupid, and you could kind of laugh at it. He definitely should have immediately been like, my bad, because it's not just a horrific name, but yeah, nessor Cortes. The look also doesn't it's not great.
Speaker 1: Why Grandpa?
Speaker 2: Why did grandpa? Announcers and play by play why do they say so many stupid things? Is it because there's such a large number of them that are talking so much, the amount of dumb things where they start to talk about players, money in their chains and things.
Speaker 1: We say, yes, there is a bit of a there is a bit of that old guard in Major League Baseball announcing that has You got to realize these guys work more than one hundred and sixty two games a year because they're also working spring training. That's a lot of talking. Three hours straight a day. I mean I do more than that in the day typically, but I don't do it continuous. I'll do two hours here and then an hour later in the afternoon, an hour later then it's a lot and eventually, yes, sometimes you go a little cross eyed, you say stupid things, but man alive, like it's and it's you can get away because you're old. Sometimes you're like, oh, don't you know, just ignore a ground. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it's just the oldest. Your brain just starts to fry. Let me tell you, let me tell you about my opinions on the economy like that. Just stop, like stop with those things. And these old guys really need nothing.
Speaker 1: Tom Brenneman and uh, you know, the fly ball to left field and I think I've lost my job and there's a ball, there's a fly ball left all you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what now that I think about it, let's not get rid of these guys. What would we be without these types of moments. We need levity, we need stupidity in baseball.
Speaker 1: I think everybody deserves second chances, and I think everybody has to understand these jobs are hard. And sometimes you say things and you know, oops, you know it, just yeah, it's it's not great.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes you call someone need to get over themselves too.
Speaker 1: They need to realize that this is not nineteen eighty five anymore. And the game has changed and the people in it have changed, and you've got to be a little bit more aware of your surroundings too. They they've got to it. The problem is they don't work to improve because they've already established themselves. So there's no incentive for them to establish themselves and to improve unless it's do not lose your job.
Speaker 2: That's the only problem with I appreciate you. I appreciate you that you are alike how you are. You're very optimistic about the whole thing, and you kind of have I love the attitude of like, hey, sometimes we call people molesters and stuff. That's totally normal, right.
Speaker 1: No, but he didn't mean it like you know, he didn't mean it like that. He like he meant it to be like, hey, it rhymes. He was too excited with the fact that it rhyme. Did even think about the repercussions of of what he was rhyming it with.
Speaker 2: That rap music. Make got to make sure I get a rhyme in here.
Speaker 1: Now, let's let's quit this before we say something stupid. Sandy al Contra fun facts. Here we go. He writes, first in era in the National League, first in x ERA, first in innings pitch first UH in wins, he's tied for six. UH with six I should say eleven starts first, one point nine to one opponent's batting average he is second. He is plus eight hundred right now on FanDuel to bet. I would go ahead and bet that he's probably probably eight hundred on bet MGM and a couple other places as well. Eight quality starts seventy one strikeouts is third, the eight quality starts is tied for second, and the whip is tied for third a point nine to eight unbelievable. Also fun fact, yesterday was the first time since nineteen forty five that a player served as a starting pitcher in a matinee before starting the second game of a doubleheader as a non pitcher. Of course, shoe Otani once again making baseball history. Here you go, Welsh, I know you love the trivia. Tony Gonsolin yesterday led National League leads the National League in era at one point five nine. Who was the last Dodgers pitcher to finish as the n L e r A leader? And it is not Clayton Kershaw, for all your peanuts and cracker check, So who's the last Dodger to lead the league in uh e r A drop your potential voices right there?
Speaker 2: You know what, It's funny. I was looking at the next thing. I was looking at the next thing, and I'm like, I guess not a Dodger, Like how is this the answer? Like you don't have this answer in there? I was like, these do not.
Speaker 1: I didn't put the answer because you keep yelling at me. I put in the answer and you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, So again it's Tony. Who's the last Dodgers picture to finish as the n L E R. Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 1: It's not Clayton Kershaw, the last Love, the last one. It's oh was it?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait? Wait was it you? Every hour?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't yet or anyone who rhymes with that. This day in baseball history in nineteen ninety five, the Expos pitcher Pedro Martinez, Yes, the Expos picture is perfect for nine innings in San Diego, but loses a no hitter when bit Roberts, a name from the past, doubles delete off the tenth. Montreal eventually comes away with a one nothing win, but he lost the no hitter in ten innings. Stat Heroes Yesterday ty On was great. Eight innings, five k's one earned. Al Contra and Cortez talked about them. Gonsolin five k's no earned six innings. I still say the wheels have gotta come off eventually. Gonsoly can't be this good this long. I just I can't buy it, can't. I can't. Graham ash Ashcraft, Now I screwed it up.
Speaker 2: Watch out the innings.
Speaker 1: Five k's for Ashcraft, you know Ashcraft. Sean Manyah, that's a great Tony Danzel. The word is that Ishcrift Craft's a great pitcher. Mona Samita Jenetine Edhcrift Sean Mania one earned six innings, eight ks, and Alec Manoa five k's over seven to two thirds, three earned. Travis Darnau two dingers. Yesterday, Schwindell hit a home run sort of Jorge Alfaro. It was the catchers going yard. Joey Vado, who was our cheap lineup guy of the night last night. Oh look, another home run for Joey Vado. To ask Hernandez, last week's by low candidate starting to show signs of life. Two for five with the dinger, Harrison Bader with a home run, Kyle Farmer hit a home run, Connor Joe two for three, and Charlie Blackman.
Speaker 2: All the guys you hire, all the guys you put your hopes in yesterday, of course, the Kyle Farmers, the Jason Peterson's and the Connor Joe's, everybody that you wanted to succeed yesterday. Thank you so much, Jason Connor.
Speaker 1: The answer is here, by the way, and I believe, if I'm correctly, Jesse was the first one. Reu that's that's the last guy to do it. There you have it. Lead the National League all right before his arm's falling off, which it is right now. Stat zero's Austin Gomer nine earned runs in five innings, Ian Anderson five earned runs and six innings, boy and Anderson not going the right direction. Matthew Lebator was disappointing. I'll take the l on that one. Taylor Rogers four earned run, did not get an out last three outings, three losses, two blown saves. Trush is the Padres ownership to do here with Taylor Rogers? What do we do?
Speaker 2: Get get more armed, to get all the arms? Yeah, I mean I thought you were I thought you were being retorted.
Speaker 1: No, I mean they made this move that April. Now we're sitting here and all of a sudden it doesn't look so great. So I guess the question is is this a blip on the radar here these last few outings. This is a mechanical issue. Craig Kimberl just had a mechanical issue. He fixed it. If you're the padres, what do you do here? Do you take him out of the role or do you look for more help? What's the deal?
Speaker 2: I mean? The problem is is, like, you know, they had Suarez, who was like a you know, a far off thought who can throw one hundred but can't throw a strike. They just don't have the other arms to go to unless, you know, obviously, unless they were to start taking all those starting pitchers and put someone back there. I think you got to stick through it unless it gets too bad. I mean, it's like the Phillies and you know, oh you lost ten and you fire him like you're already. I think you got to stick through it. He's been phenomenal all season. It's fallen off a little bit. This happens with these relievers, but you can't you don't want to kill confidence. Give him a couple days off. Put someone else in there. You don't p Peter Johnson right now, give someone else a shot, bring him back, see if you can get it. And if if this continues, then obviously what will they do. What would Peller do? Go buy, go trade, go make moves. That's what he'll do.
Speaker 1: Mike Trout oh for six, three K Showyotani won for eight with three k's Joey Gallo won for seven, three k's pet A Lonzo four, three k's Christian Yelich oh for four to three k's Christian Yelich hitting a buck twenty over his last seven games and Randiro's arena over five. I'm done with Yelich. Look, you know, Yelich and Bellinger was like the hot discussion in preseason. One of these guys get bounced back. Who's that guy gonna be? I want nothing to do with either one of them. And I'm so glad I got zero share as well, because it's been a hot mess. And I thought there was this little glimmer of hope there when Yellick hit that cycle and he had a good week, when like, okay, he was gonna turn things around. But look, I understand Willia Donalds getting hurt didn't help. I understand there's not a ton of lineup protection, but geez man, I mean, like this Yelich window, he's because gona be We're gonna look back at Yelich as one of these guys that was like remember that two year window that was awesome. It's like that Chris Farley interview on SNL when you say, remember, hey, when you're in the Beatles. Remember remember You're in the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's good, But we're gonna look back at that Marlin's team. I do that all the time, where it's like, can you believe they had Ozuna, Yellich and Stanton at one time and Yelich looks like the worst Fernandez we just did. We were just talking with Frank Sample from CBS on IL about this exact thing that it's so it is this exact thing you're saying Gellich and Bellinger because it's so funny because what's ended up happening is it's all irrelevant. It doesn't matter at this point, there is no winner. Everybody loses, and the bigger part of the conversation is these guys are no longer in that space where we're like, hey, this is kind of a value. Could we get back to this? No, this is who they actually are, and that's what we have to come to terms with. Bellinger's not good and I don't know if it's a change of scenery or whatever it is. He's an eight or nine hitter at best. On the Dodgers. She hits two thirty. The best you're gonna get out of Yelich, it looks like is a two forty ish hitter who could have better counting stats because of the stolen bases and whatnot. But there is no more building the upside on these players. We draft them because hey, we could get this. It's like, No, we have to come to terms with. This is who those players are, and if you want to play upside, there's probably gonna be one hundred, one hundred and fifty better names come next year than diving into either one of those guys.
Speaker 1: You want to call them, comebine, you want to call them Bellich or Yellinger. What's the Belle.
Speaker 2: Bellich?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds more like aggressive like Bellich.
Speaker 1: Speaking of aggressive, it's time to get a aggressive on that prop market. It's time for bet MGM, the King of sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars win two hundred no matter what the outcome of the game. When you sign up today using the promo code leading off for bet mgm, download the app or go to betmgm dot com. Bet responsibly, and when you do, is that promo code leading off again? Ten bucks wins you two hundred thanks to us here at leading off. That's one word leading off. That's the promo code. Go put some money on Sandy al Contra for nl Cy Young and Nester Qrtez for al Cy Young at eight hundred to one because it's a it's a good spot right now or not? Are eight to one plus eight hundred and one give it to me please plus eight hundred. Please See, there you go. I said something stupid. Now someone's gonna Jim caught me, So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, totally the same thing to totally the same thing.
Speaker 1: Shane Bieber on DraftKings tonight. The strikeout total number is five and a half. We have him over on Fantasy Pros against Baltimore at eight and a half minus one twenty is the juice that looks like a really good investment over on bet MGM. Jose Ramirez total bases one and a half. The juice is minus one o six. That's not bad for a guy of that nature. Also, Pete Alonso after a rough night, maybe bouncing back tonight against Anderson, the lefty for the Dodgers, plus one ten, one and a half total bases Welsh anything strike your fancy on the prompt market today?
Speaker 2: Well, how about that three and oh day yesterday for me too? Ian Anderson? Three and a half was my number. I took that. That was plus money. I think it was even or plus money. He hit nine and I hit my two total base over, So three and oh yesterday. Friend, does I don't know if I love. I haven't dug through every single thing. I might tweet out a couple. I don't love the options you have this this week. And here's part of the problem is there's such big names, and the big names are getting tougher. You're not getting a whole bunch of advantages on players like Sandy's strikeout yesterday was five and a half, that will be six and a half next week. There's no way they're gonna let you play at anything lower. And that's what's happening to the rest of these guys. I do have two bigger names. I still like to play Logan Gilbert. Logan Gilbert at five and a half strikeouts, it's a little dicey. I think he's hit that number five. He's five and four essentially on that number. But I like the matchup and this one. I really don't play these a whole lot, but I think I might hear Shane McClanahan strikeouts is a seven and a half. I think I would take the under on that. He absolutely can go over. But White Sox strike out the fourth least in baseball per game, and they're not on any you know. That was something I took advantage of with Ian Anderson that the Rockies didn't strike out necessarily as much, but they had currently been striking out a decent amount. White Sox are kind of in that same role in that same period of time that I don't know if I love this matchup for McClanahan, especially with how patient they are and hitting eight strikeouts. So I actually think I might hit the under on that. And I think it's juice though at one forty, so maybe I put two together. There's a couple of total base ones out there, but I'm not in love like I was yesterday, but those are two that.
Speaker 1: I kind of did. All right, let's look to the slates tonight and looking ahead over on DraftKings for TFS. Shane Bieber at nine point eight, good investment, Merrill Kelly Rural Merle six point eight, super cheap as a secondary arm. Garrett Cole is going to be the chalk tonight, and that's fine at ten point nine. Uh shame m Klina at nine point six. My only problem with McClanahan tonight also is without Wonder Franco in that lineup, I just have very little faith. I know it's Velaskiez they're going against, and I should have more faith, but still it's just I worry about the win. I worry about them scoring runs like he get brilliant and get a no decision, and that I'm staying away from tonight. He's six point five. He's super cheap too.
Speaker 2: And I just want to point out like he is nasty. I think from a Dynasty perspective, it's number one pitcher. This is the guy that you go with. It's just white Sox. They can run counts, they can run his pitch count up. There's not a lot of offensive support. I kind of agree with you, like, I'm not sure that like the wins are going to be there for a time, but I hate this offense without Wander Franco right now, and mcclan don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, if you want to be a little different tonight, you can go with Logan Gilbert and Chris Bassett together and kind of fade the top guys. Eight point six for Gilbert, eight point one for Bassett. Musgrove and Burns are going against each other, so you're gonna have to pick a side here now. If I'm gonna pick a side, I'm gonna pick the mus Grove side. But once again, both these sides have problems, and I think if you're gonna spend up, you might as well just go all the way to the top and try to get Garrett Cole because the path to the win is just much clearer there for him because Burns right now, the offense of the Brewers isn't great, and we just talked about the Padres blowing saves. So again, these guys could both be awesome at the end of the day not get the w and that could cost you. On FanDuel Garrett Cole at ten point eight he's cheaper than Jane McClanahan. I would take it safer, pass to the win, Musgrove and Burn, same thing. You could pick a side. The nice thing is that, like all these big pictures tonight on FanDuel are all pretty much in that same range. So you could just make a good lineup that you like offensively and then look around for some of the pictures and switch around. You know, hopefully if you're gonna play multi entry tonight and tonight it's a good night.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: In tournaments, just one of those lineups hopefully will really come through. The good names tonight. In terms of BVP you're looking at, Honestly, there's not a whole lot, but the one guy that kind of sticks out to me is Caesar Hernandez, who has been very quietly good at the top of that Nationals lineup, and it's not a good lineup. Nelson Cruz also has good numbers against minor so keep that in mind. Tonight, home run call Welsh, I actually forgot to put mine in there. This morning when I was doing all the show sheets, I remembered finally, oh wait, I forgot to put my guy in. I'm going with Aaron Judge for the weekend against the Tigers. I'm going to take the fish in the barrel because I want to be on that board we come back here on Monday. I want to see that name of Joey p Up on that board. Welsh, who's your home run call for the weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I like it?
Speaker 2: And that's the play, my friend. That's a smart thing to do here. My home run call. I'm going to go with Vladdie Junior to get it going some good over numbers two on the Minnesota and Blue Jays, just like even today's line is like nine and a half right now, and I'm going to be looking for him to pick it back up, get me a couple homers and get me back into this race a little bit. So Laddie Junior Friday through Sunday for wah, Hey, I.
Speaker 1: Got Matt Olson going. You should get Lattie going. Let's go, everybody gets going. Mike Mayer, the Thief of Joy is gonna take Bryce Harper. So he expected an immediate response from Joe Girardi's firing of now I'm free and running in a meadow. We'll see what other shoes are gonna drop here over the weekend. Certainly, the injuries are starting to pile up a wee bit. It's been a little frustrating. Grayson Rodriguez did indeed get the lat strain diagnosis yesterday.
Speaker 2: Not fun.
Speaker 1: I assume in the month of June we are going to get some team to make a move off for a picture. I don't know who's gonna blink first, but I feel like somebody's gonna be aggressive on that market sooner than later. Castillo, montass Perez, one of these guys is gonna get moved. Also Welsh. Anything you're looking for this weekend to keep an eye on for everybody, you know.
Speaker 2: One guy I would take a look at if he got back out on the wire just throwing it out there is being a lookout for cj Abrams if you want to look at the prospect market. C j Abrams has been absolutely dominating. Triple A made one of the most insane plays. Go back and just do a type on Twitter where I mean it was Jeter esque but better. I mean just one handing in the outfield from shortstop and throwing it to first Great Defensively, he's been playing center and short, he's been hitting like crazy, and I think that offense could use a little boost here coming soon, So I don't know, I think I would be premptively getting CJ. Abrams back as I think a call should be coming here pretty soon for the padres.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, that'll do it for us. Reminder, make sure you use that promo code leading off when you go to bet MGM, the Keg of sportsbooks. And also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB, because we just dropped the latest Waiver Wire ad article. The by low Sell High videos have come out. The Waiver Wire video is out. Everything's out for you and your consumption. So go check it out and be a peanut or a crackerjack or both and join our little club here. We love having all of you. I love all you guys. Have a great weekend, enjoy some nice weather. It looks like, at least in Jersey, we're gonna had some nice weather finally after rained all morning. And we hope you guys come back again Monday and join us again because we're here every single Monday through Friday, live neon Eastern right here on Fantasy pros MLB. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids, Bye bye.