Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck That with your loaw glasses Malone. Nah. So it's weird listening to it because right, it's like I've been saying this for years, you know, and I get a lot of pushback to me on I get a ton of pushback on all of this because of that, you know what I mean. Like, there's like it ain't on purpose. I just think that he got into a space to where it's like people have been complaining about hip hop being like like an advocate of like violence in the community or molding drug used like you know, rich Homie Kwan passed away from Atlanta, and you know when something like that happens, the first thing is like, well, let's look at the music, and it's like, well, what was happening before the music? You feel me like, why were people on drugs in the sixties and seventies or in the fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they never talked about like the music going on when Kirk Cobain blew out his own brains or they never they never mentioned that it was the music.
Speaker 1: Well, I think white people kind of did. But again, it's like it's like really silly. I mean, the artist very reflective of said community. But the point I was making is in that situation with Dot and Drake, it's like, but Dot and Drake is like Draked just pretty much you know, said hey, you know he pulled the carpet. You know, he had been standing on this rug that we call cultural cachet this whole time. M hm, and he just snatched the rug like man, you're not the culture boom. And then you know, so he couldn't really there was nothing to stand up on them now, And I think that's what we're looking at, Like hip hop is still rooted in poor people making things cool. No that that don't mean hip hop is only poor people, but the culture of it comes from poor people. The language comes from you know, the majority of the language come from you because it's bad educational programs. The fashion is taking ship. That's that you you know, if parents can't afford but you know, some dickeys and putting creases in them, you know, and rocking it with pride. You know, it's not the chucks themselves, it's the fat laces and the chucks. So you know, that's what that pride and that type of struggle is really where hip hop is different. You know, how can these people be so happy under these circumstances.
Speaker 2: I think, and I think that's that gets lost. That's lost now, you know. And that's and that's why people start to, oh, well, hip hop isn't just only poor people, and hip hop isn't only just from the hood, and hip hop isn't only this and that, And it's like, actually, like at the core essence of it, if that's what that's literally what it came from, you know, And we've talked about that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I was like your slogan that you're not it's not slogan, but you're the way you set it up, you say it's a street urban street urban culture, but there's more to it.
Speaker 1: Personify through the arts of elements, PERI, through the arts and elements. So like the actual act itself is not really hip hop, like being you know, street urban culture. But once you put it into the arts and elements, that's when you start seeing that the artistic expression that we reference as hip hop.
Speaker 2: And that's the part that gets confused I think for people because then they just go, well, if I can just do the art part of it, then I'm hip hop and that's not necessarily true. Now, I think you used to use this.
Speaker 1: Term was shit. What is it was like a what did you say?
Speaker 2: You used to say it was like when you're not from a product of hip hop, a product of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a ton of people who enjoy the music and they are not hip hop. No, just because you know, my favorite food is Mexican food, Bro, that I don't make Mexican. Bro. I don't care how many tacos I get, how many you know, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: But most people in the Mexican community would give you a pass and say that you are an honorary Mexican. And I think that a lot of people in hip hop want that because Drake was low key kind of getting that until I feel like it almost seemed like, I mean, I don't know because I don't know him personally, but it seemed like he started getting under people's skin by doing things where he started thinking he was bigger and not and doing things that he didn't remember, like, Yo, low Key, you kind of a guess bro, even though you're mixed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you have Jewish, you have black. That's cool.
Speaker 2: But but that don't make you hip hop like that.
Speaker 1: Well, again, I don't think the mixed part of it is the problem. It's it's it's the culture part. Grow How do you grow up culturally? I mean, if you grew up in Jewish culture, you know, if a rabbi started rapping about his Jewish experience, I think we would enjoy it and we love to claim it, but it probably would be Jewish.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what's his name made a comment about that, and I thought that was prettype Rosenberg and he was like, he's like, I know a guy that grew up in like cause he's Jewish. So he was basically saying like he could identify and he said. Drake got upset at that because he was like, like, I understand that he doesn't like that. I can see who. Yeah, it's like, nothing's wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Again, but again, if you're trying to present yourself as the poor people culturally, I mean, and and did he ever do that? Yes, that's the problem. That's what started to so when he first, like when Cuz first came right like you knew he was this nigga Lodian kid. We all knew he was a pop act. We realized he was this unbelievable talent as a writer and in real story, like Puna tell you, like punish it like Puna tell you, Like, there was times bro where the dude would be trying to talk to me and I wouldn't even talk to him, not on no funny shit, but just like nigga, I don't know you cuz I'm just that type of nigga. You know, the streets teach you to be that kind of person, and I don't care how successful you get. I mean, that's just maybe it's not right. That's not to say I wouldn't say hello, but like, and I'm on my own mission, feel me, And I'm not mad at you know how I interact with you. I'm really careful how I interact with people.
Speaker 2: I think at one time you were you know, this is a different time period and you were a different maybe not as approachable person back then either, so that probably played with it, because you know it's funny like even though like we talk about, like you tell me, I'm like, well, I'm more of a square dude grew up here, like yeah, but you're still from the street because you grew up from in Inglewood and you know, you was outside cool.
Speaker 1: But I remember if you got into a fight. Do you remember the first time somebody hit you at school? Yeah, you wouldn't tell your parents, You remember that.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't tell my parents. I was too scared to tell my dad because.
Speaker 1: He knew what he would have said. Yeah, what he was saying, he said, what did you do? Back?
Speaker 2: That's the street And if I didn't do anything, I would have got whatked?
Speaker 1: Then that's the streets. That nothing but the streets, see you don't. It don't mean like you so dope. It means people where you grew up at so dope. It don't mean that you was out still in cars. People where you grew up at stole cars. But the simplest rulee you get in hip hop is you know when you were a kid, right, Because hip hop is street urban culture, right personified through the arts of elements. So the street urban part is densely popular. That's urban crime written street communities, right, the culture there, And the number one thing that makes our existence really special is that type of shit where my mom would fuck me up if I let somebody hit me and I don't do nothing back to them. She ain't never told me go tell the teacher. You need to go tell the principal. That's most Americans. Most Americans tell their kids to go tell the teacher. You know what, if somebody does something to you, go tell the proper authorities. That's the American way. But hip hop, right, the culture that we are brought up in. The simplest rule you're taught is, hey, if a motherfucker put they hands on you, you hit they motherfucking ass back. Yeah, that's hip hop. So again, yeah, I'm not saying when I say you Street or like DJ headed Street, I'm not saying y'all are criminals. I'm saying you grew up in a culture that Disley populated, crime written communities created, and you had to you adheeded to those same standards. They didn't have a choice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But what I was trying to connect it to was I also remember in moments where when I'd be in certain areas and I, you know, I tried to you know, you're trying to be cool with people or whatever, chop it up, and it might be some dudes there was bloods or there was essays like dresses whatever, and if they was gang bangers. They kind of would like what you just said, how you would like kind of ignored, you know, Drake, Like, That's how I would feel sometimes because I would be like, you know, trying to chop it up, and they looking like why are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, No silings jail. I got my brother Tony Nardio and here hip hop hip hop officiate or out of Anglewood. They love with the whole, you know, the whole culture except the West Park got that together. But that was Head too, though Head didn't know how to feel about West Coast culture at first. DJ Head didn't know how to feel about it because he felt left out because you hear this a lot on the West. Oh Man, you need to be a gang banger to make it. I'm like, no, they just have most of the culture. But we but again, before like gangs got officially recognizes wearing dickies, everybody in the streets dressed like that. Sure, not just gang members. Everybody in the streets wore chucks. Everybody in the streets wore fat laces. Maybe they laces wasn't blue or red, some of them was. Even if they wasn't part of the gang. They still wore the same thing. So, like you mean they wore thick black lacers. Everybody in La wore T shirts. Caine wasn't from No Game and Men.
Speaker 2: Of Society solid T shirts, long sleeve solid fight T shirts.
Speaker 1: We all dressed the same until you start to pursue your own level of fashion. So I remember, you know, I had the same conversation with DJ Head, and I'm like, it's certain things that you gonna know because you've been around me enough and they gonna click into what you remember. So yeah, it's the same as expected of you. Like I wouldn't you know, I wouldn't call you a civilian. I was talking a problem about this, you know, and he feels like he's a civilian. I'm like, you not fucking drug dealer, bro. You used to sell drugs at one time. I mean, like you're a criminal, like it got loose that, oh you just got to be from a gang. Well no, if you you know, maybe you don't go as far to commit crimes, but you will break the rules. One of the rules being at a regular school. I don't care if it's Morningside or whatever, the middle school or elementary nighborhood. The rule is if somebody hit you, you supposed to tell the teacher. The rule is not to fight back. That's not the rule, y'all. Both will get suspended. If you fight back, maybe you get less days, but your ass getting suspended. Yeah, I mean, California don't have no self defense law. You shoot the motherfucker running up on you, You finna get this involuntary man slaughter. We might plead you out, you could do you know, nine months and you walk home, but you fighting this involuntary manslaughter. The closest you can get to it, bro, is you feel me? Is somebody in your house walking with a gun aimed at you, and you and your house with your legal firearm, and right before they shoot you, you shoot them. California a different place, bro. If you if somebody breaking your house and fall on a knife, nigga, you can get sued. That's crazy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, but and with all with all that being said, we were going back to the original topic of conversation is that he didn't grow up that way.
Speaker 1: No, he grew up a Jewish kid in the Jewish.
Speaker 2: Community, right, And I think that's where totally because black, he's away black he would be the race that we call black for shortsop. Well, that's why I think for the most part, I see most people that came for him are people that grew up the same way, with the exception of just certain cat. It's like, I don't know how mal grew up, but mall caps for him a lot, you know, But they're not.
Speaker 1: See they for some reason, they think their entry into hip hop is Drake. He represents their interest. He doesn't. Their interest is represented in somebody like Kanye West. That's who their interest is represented. You know, guys like that where maybe they didn't quite commit a crime ever, but for sure if somebody did something to them, they gonna stand up for theirself. Like you can't just go walk up and punch Kanye West, right, I mean it's gonna that crazy motherfucker probably gonna fight your ass. Yeah. I mean, he was raised by his mother and his father. I'm sure his mother was not saying go tell the teacher. I'm sure his mother was like, you better fight that motherfucker. So what You're sure Drake's mother was like, yo, bro, you need to go tell the the principal. Yeh.
Speaker 2: I feel like Drake probably hasn't had too many fights in his entire life.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been a lot of situations where you know, obviously the Tips story where his homeboy pissed on him and you know he later on told about it, but he didn't do nothing. It's a situation with with Puff, you know what I mean. With Puff kind of punched on him. He and tuned and some shit, you know what I mean. And again it's one of them things where we never even when I used to hear stories about Cuz, like and he would have these kind of confrontations and he didn't respond in the way that I would respond. I neverudged him for it because I'm like, yo, this dude is you know, he's not of the same elk.
Speaker 2: But how do you separate that then from say, like Joe Butden, Joe Budden is from fucking New Jersey. He better fight a motherfucker back. Well, he's didn't fight back, but that's my point. And he know why we said, like, nigga, use a mark, you got marked out. I don't give a fuck if it was ghost Face, Ray Kuan and any of the motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: You got to stand up for yourself. And they expect the same, you know what I mean? So we don't. And I irony, I came to that specific concert that was at like a concert in the ie, and I had pulled up right after the shit happened. I didn't know that was out here. Yeah, that was the part that was like an uh, might be Sam Bernardino. I think it was Sam Bernardino. I was there though, right after that shit happened, and I remember talking to Crooked and Crooked was telling me he was update me on everything that happened with Joe and the Wu Tang niggas, and I'm like, did he fighting back? He's like nah, I'm like, man, that nigga gotta go fight cuz you know what I'm saying. And Joe did get mad at s throwing out the traider. I don't quite know what happened, but nigga, you got to stand up for yourself. You know from where we come from.
Speaker 2: Okay, But here's my question though, because I've also we've also all heard instances where Joe, Joe ain't no pump like Joe has that stood up for himself and.
Speaker 1: Has every time he's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying, So what do you where do you think that this connectors and where does that place him in terms of what we're saying with Drake with where he's had stuff happen to him, Joe being somebody who he knows from the hood, who will stand up for himself.
Speaker 1: But say he I guess he picks and chooses one time, you know, that time he got pumped.
Speaker 2: I mean, he got bullied, and it happens. It's not so posed to, but it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why we shame you. Yeah, I've been shamed.
Speaker 2: I mean, forty four years old, I've had I can't lie to you and say I've never had stuff happen where.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna win.
Speaker 2: I should have stood up and punched that motherfucker and I didn't. I didn't get punked and put their hands on me.
Speaker 1: But said something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said some shit that I just I should have reacted to and I didn't. So I've had that happen.
Speaker 1: No, every Listen, there's a story specifically, right. I remember it was a dude. He was older than me. Like who I am is built off of all of these issues, Like I remember used to being scared to stand there because people was killer, Like, yeah, I got hurt certain homies. I got certain homies, bro, that dropped out of school before high school started, because why because they were selling dope and they mom was going through shit and they was going through it, you know what I'm saying. But they was already doing drive bys and everything. I was in school getting straight as and shit. And by tenth grade, so even when I hopped off the porch and you gang bang in ninth and tenth grade, these niggas being gang bang in eighth grade. They don't go in the house. Their parents ain't on them, you know. I mean, they got a real traumatizing experience, and it turned them into me in really fast. I remember them dudes used to kind of worry me. I'm like, man, these dudes that killed me. But shout out to Moon, shout out to Shady, shout out to pluck them. Dudes really instilled the level of masculinity, even Boo and Maine, like, it's this is how I carry myself now. Like now it's like, you know, I'll fight, and don't get me wrong, every time I stood up in fighting, I didn't win all the fights, well a lot of the fights, but I didn't win them all, you know.
Speaker 2: As your friend, even like of almost fifteen years now, like before I knew you. Those are those are some of the things. That's one. Let me just say, let me say one of the main things I've heard about you that is respected is that classes ain't never turned down no fade.
Speaker 1: Well, of course when I was younger, I turned down a fucking face.
Speaker 2: But I only only personal people must know that because everybody.
Speaker 1: Once I once I became a grown up and I'm game banging every day. And I really say, is Moon Moon really made me this way? I mean, Shady was big too, because there was a moment Shady had to get on me. There was a moment pluck. But once I realized I could fight, and it wasn't that big of a deal. It was over you. I mean, I wasn't never gonna not fight no, Like that didn't make no sense. Like you want to fight out, you beat your ass or you're gonna win, but we're gonna fight. But I think that's the simple rule in hip hop. I mean, and you're shamed. You're more shamed for getting marked out than you are for losing a fight. Yeah, I mean, you have to stand up for yourself. But it's a journey I'm saying, so you can redeem yourself. Though that's the cold part. Like even somebody like Joe Buddens you feel me, like yo, yeah, like that time he made you know again, I don't I don't remember the full story, so I don't know if he tried to stand up on what quite happened, But I mean, yeah, yeah, he got to the situation with Dog Jemmy from WU time you feel me and it went that way. But you got to stand up for yourself. So even the point I'm saying is that was expected of Joe. That was expected of Joe, and when he didn't, Nigga was like, man, you know that's some mark ass shit and we Homeboy, we don't expect nothing. If something happened to Drake, Like I remember when they first told me what happened with Puff and Drake. I was more mad at Diddy, like why would you do that to cuz you know, this is how I'm seeing cuz I'm looking at him like why would you do this to this boy? This Nigga's not part of the program like that, you know, or the story with Tip Homeboy pissing on Cuz, like, well, you're not part of the program, Like why would you do that? But then as his raps start to go.
Speaker 2: You're saying, his home boy pisted on him? How's that his homeboy?
Speaker 1: He pissed tips? Homeboy pisted on oh tips as a Q tip oh t I oh okay, got you? And so you would hear those stories and you'd be like, damn Cuz, like you know, I wouldn't even be upset. I wouldn't even call Drake or Mark because Drake is not upset. Elk. Drake is a fucking man, a Jewish Man from Canada. I mean culturally raised Jewish. He's a black man racially, but he's a he's a culturally raised Jewish Man, right, so they don't raise up. If you punk a Jewish Man outside of my studio, I'd be mad at you. Why would you do that to that man? If a Jewish man walked down to seven and one of the hummies just got on Cuz and start trying to bully because I fight my hommy, like what I've seen it, you know what I mean? Don't do this man like this? You know what I mean? Like this is not that kind of person to punk.
Speaker 2: I've seen in firsthand when you've gotten upset with close personal friends that they were trying to do.
Speaker 1: That not cool for other people.
Speaker 2: That's only but you know, that was a thing back in the day too. When you're younger, though too is most most dudes that gang bang or are trying to be gang bangers in high school and shit, majority of the time, them dudes is always pressing people. I'm not saying everybody because maybe you know, you know, but when I remember growing up, I used to see like homeboys that I had from hoods. I used to tell him, like, why you be picking on dudes, It's not gonna do nothing, Like he's not gonna fight you, you know that. And they'd be like, oh, because he's a punk, and I'm like yeah, but you know, I used to be like in my head, I'd be like, Okay, I guess, but it's my homeboy, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure trying to judge them. Yeah, I'm trying not to judge him.
Speaker 2: But then I would be like, you know, but then sometimes I would see them, you know, certain ones would you know, come into confrontation with people that were from hoods and they'd get busy, and then there'd be other ones and they they'd get marked out by other dudes from hoods. It's like, okay, well, you're pick on somebody who's not from a gang. But when it comes to people who you know can rival you or possibly beat you, now all of a sudden you're scared or you now now you want to pick and choose your battle.
Speaker 1: That shit don't make no sense to me. No, yeah, but gang Okay, So the thing about gangs is remember you inherit the power of an army. Mm hm. You know, so a lot of people do look to join part of Most people join organizations because they want to blow to something. They want something bigger than them for sure, Right, so they fine whichever gangs are specific because you inherit the power of a military to a degree. Right. So I've always thought, you know, especially now more than ever, that you know, like we not more like homies, is not more responsible with who they grant this power to. I think it is. I think it's handled irresponsibly. I will agree most gang members, you know, not all because certain homies they not fucking around. I'm one of those homies, you know what I mean. But some and some of my homies is them type of homies I mean where they gonna raise your as you gonna be a man when you leave this motherfucker. I mean, but all the niggas that could, you know, initiate you into a situation, not like that, you know, they they really to me like they're more lonely and they're looking for the numbers people, numbers, you know, I mean a lot of people. But like I always instilled in all of my young hommies, like whether it's Little Washboy or J Baby J or certain hommies, you know what I mean, Like, Bro, like you gotta be more responsible with who you allow to represent you. I mean, like, and maybe that's fucked up because I think I take gang banging a lot more serious. I take the responsibility of representing said culture differently. So not only like you know, like I said, when I was younger, I didn't have you know, as long as I don't let somebody go too far hours enough, you know what I mean. Now, I'm really careful with letting people get anything out of order. I mean, because I've represented the hommies, I've represented the West, I've represented this culture. So when I go to out of ten and people popping it. Bro First off, we're gonna have a bad problem. It's gonna go all the way there because I don't just represent myself. So things that in my mind I might be okay with, like oh man, what that don't mean much? You might think you can say that to somebody else if I let you get that off. So you know what I mean, I'm really careful how I talk to people home. Really get into the disrespect of it, because at that point, if if I call you a bitch, I'm a fire your ship up. Sure, That's why I'm at with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a lot of guys that I know they have that had that same mentality, Like Nipsey kind of had that same mentality as you Like, he didn't look like he tolerated just some of his homide punking some regular you know, Asian kid on the corner.
Speaker 1: I clash I classed with a few of my homies. Again, man, like, my story in the hood is a lot different. You know my story. I wasn't the baddest nigga. I was the farthest thing from it. It didn't hit me tell as I Sai started to you know, again, my greatest fear initially was like, man, these dudes would kill me. Then I realized like, if I had to, I would have to kill somebody, and that's okay. That's the hard part to swallow past that once you realize. Real story, bro, I didn't realize I was gonna be a good game bager until I went to jail. When I went to jail and I was fighting, and it wasn't nothing. I came home almost a minute to a degree, right well, I was like, shit, nigga, I'll fight the hut. I start fighting homies, these niggas, them niggas, any niggas, whatever niggas want to do, because going to jail didn't scare me anymore. That was to me outside of that. Then, as I got older, dying even seemed less. You know, when I got into twenty twenty, dying didn't even have the same fear, Like preserving life wasn't the most important thing. How people treated me meant a lot. How I lived my life became more important than living life, Like how people treated me, did you talk to me, how'd you make me feel? Like? All of that shit started to matter, and a lot of people don't really see value in it. Because to me they cowards. It's just like I want to hold on to life at at all costs. I mean, but what good is if you live in life on your knees? I mean, like it just depends on you, know, how you see it.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that culturally though? Like, so I feel like black gangs deal with that a lot more internally, like where individuals have that mentality. So like you Nipsy Mugs, like Mugs is another person that's very respectful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not saying everybody, I'm just saying, like Mexican gangs are known right in theory too, that everything is about respect. First, would you say that black gangs structure themselves the same way or individuals of black gangs structure themselves that way? Because you're telling me, for you everything's about respect, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: Sure, But no, I don't think that's the core value of one hundred and seventeen street crips. I don't think that's the core value of it though. But why do you think that's different culturally?
Speaker 2: Is what I'm saying though, Like, like, do you think there's Asian gangs that run on the same values as the Mexican gang that respect is everything first, you know.
Speaker 1: What, I think that's more. I don't know. I don't know if I could say, like White Fence or Mautavia, like do they know every member? Do they? Actually, it's probably not true. Reality is they probably do have some members that are from out of Via or White Fence that they didn't scout, that they didn't raise. I mean we in gang Turns, we like to call them immigrants, people who didn't grow up and said community. But they come moving and now they are part of the community. So I don't think think they vetted everybody. I think the people who are vetted from Seventh Street, like if your home, like like I grew up on the seven like since my family moved there when I was five, Dad moved there. So it's like I grew up knowing who Pluck was. I grew up knowing who Moon was. I knew, grew up knowing who Shady was. I grew up knowing who what he g was. No, I grew up knowing who all of my older homies I seen him, even if I didn't hang. Because I was a little kid, I knew who they were, even the dudes that's my age that was already gang banging. I knew them since we were little kids, so so Pluck kind of taking me on as a project to some degree, you know what I'm saying, was more like he even he knew my mom, you know, Olivia, like he him and Olivia talk. He knew my dad, he knew my older brothers. So it's a huge respect him. Yeah, yeah, like an uncle, like a you know, I mean, really putting a pencil up your back, stand up culse, like, don't let these people in this world mistreat you. I mean, And those lessons are, you know, invaluable. So I think culturally, if you grew up within the community, you grew up with respect for these people. But I watched Pluck shoot it out with the PJS when I was a little kid, middle of the street, you know what I'm saying. So my respect for him not is oh he's some kind of killer or he's some kind of murderer, but really that this nigga is a man and he gonna stand up for him and his homeboys and his friends and his family. That Nigga was always a man. So even as like to a degree, like I became a project of his or of man or bull or tone. Certain people to me that I was extra close with, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a different bond pluck didn't you know even when I woul hustle for him, like he would take me to buy clothes, Like he might have didn't pay me the most money, but he would take me to buy clothes, like he showed me how to be a man, even in the jungle, you know what I mean. And again my intellect is, you know, I had to fight, like I had to show hands. Everybody had to look and be like, Okay, if I fuck with glasses, it's gonna be a real fight, because this nigga can fight for real. So I mean it was I had to fight to have an opinion. See social media grant everybody in opinion without having a stand up for their opinion. Hip hop can do that sometimes too, but it don't you know hip hop. You get on that mic, you sation shit, you talk about somebody dead, family, you know they call it they call it a disrespecting the dead. No, you antagonizing somebody's living. I mean somebody who loved this nigga that's alive, and they gonna they're gonna make you answer for it. I mean, so I think social media allow people to do that. But hip hop is still gonna make you be accountable for being a man. And all gang baging is you know, you know, even hip hop, you know, still all street, urban culture. It don't matter where you're at, it's all about masculinity. Yeah, I mean being accountable. You know. The whole thing with snitching, like we always talk about on this podcast, is even like with snitching, it's like snitching, ain't somebody that see a crime and tell the police. Like I get that, that's the gest of what people think. But snitching is like you're a criminal. You telling on somebody because you don't want to be held accountable for your crime. You know what I'm saying. If you're a criminal, you ain't supposed to say nothing, nigga because your ass is a criminal. Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: So I would say that k Dot is a very good representation of someone that grew up within that lifestyle, and that's why he was able to expose that in the battle against.
Speaker 1: Like you got to realize, like, if you really grew up like us, you from the gang. Even if you don't get put on because all your friends is, you know, and k DoD is. Now, I don't know where do people get. I think people hear that title good Kid, Mad City, and they're not listening to the ship he was doing right, you know what I mean. They don't listen to the acts that he was partaking in in this conversation of that album. So people automatically think like, oh, you know what, like a good guy in content. No, that Nigga died is some shit. That is a really complex person ever since I known him, you know what I'm saying, Like, I didn't have to stop not fighting multiple tar Sini fight and I did to stop him from fighting. He looks like a strong individual. Yeah, Like I didn't have to grab Dot on my shoulder, real story, bro, I had to drive Kendrick on my shoulder. I had to drive so Ali mixed by Ali because it is my height. He's six three, two hundred and forty young nigga. He's like a bull. And and and we was on a tour with Tech nine. Bro, We're on a tourward Tech nine. Real story, right, the sound guy he works the stage really dope, brother, I mean a white man, he was kind of you know, everybody would be drinking and turned up too much, you know, and mind you, I don't drink. So it's like all this shit going on, right, So they arguing about some stupid the dude get mad and hit Ali. This man is five ft six, a buck forty. Who hit Ali? The sound the sound guy. Okay, so he hits mixed by Ali. He hit Ali, right, but he Fi. Now, I'm not saying Ali shit, mop the floor with Cus because if you hit me, nigga, you've grown up to fight. But I'm thinking about us staying on this tour. I'm thinking about top is my main Like I love top you, I mean top Dog TV shout out the dude, but like I love Cuss, So like I'm trying to hold the like nigga, I don't want these niggas to get kicked off the tour. So they're arguing, right, this is a real story. They're arguing, so cuz hits Ali. Ali about to eat this motherfucker alive because Ali is a big, old, young motherfucker. I'm like, I, Lli, don't kill this nigga. Bro y'all need to stay on this tour. And this is important. I mean, this is this is there. You know we shoot the Michael Jordan video on this tour, and the nigga say something that Dot and DoD is trying to kill him. So I'm pushing Ali back. It's one arm. I grabbed Ot. I got Dot on my shoulders. I got Kendrick on my shoulders holding him walking them back, like hey, Cus Rock helped me. Jay Rock helped me. You know what I'm saying. These niggas tripping y'all about to eat this little white man. You feel me? Like, yes, I could let them kill him, and he probably had it coming even though he was okay, But nigga, I'm not gonna let y'all get kicked off this tour, right, you know what I'm saying. And so I calm him down. I'll leave mad at me. I get it, you know, but I knew I was right. And even if you don't know today, I'm sure he'll think like my black glasses stopped me because he needed that experience transformed his career. Same thing with Kendrick. The first time a lot of people saw him, you know what I mean, it really got to hear him and that was a special time. But it was a dude named Corey that comes on the bus Corey shout out to Corey. He was a tour manager as a white boy that worked for Tech. Cool dude. But he gets on the toy like, yeah, you know, I leave you guys could be off of this tour for you to put your fucking hands on him. You know it had been over, you know what I mean? And you're you're just Jay Rox type man. We don't even need you. And he's talking to Kendrick Lamar, right, so yeah, like you know what I'm saying. So being like being like, this is a lot of you. You gotta respect the power, and I don't. I think people really respect the power. I think people inherit the power and then they go they get power jump, they just go crazy. Yeah, they just they don't know how to deal with having so much power over a military. And so you get those guys that's bullying people who shouldn't nobody even be talking to you know what I'm saying, because I only would wake up for a nigga that was a challenge. He must have been some nigga. Oh oh he tough. Yeah, that's the perfect nigga to get into it with. Right, I'm gonna show him real fast who tougher. Yeah, I mean, but that's not everybody stands. I mean, some people get into these communities and get into these gangs and really just want to feel more power for themselves. They're not a part of a bigger unit. They really just trying to look and earn credibility amongst people that they really don't even known. I believe it.
Speaker 2: That's just it's basically just people that just want to be accepted. And again, and I think that's drawing back to the beginning, that's what Homeboy is trying to do it. And but he I got I think he got in over his head when he started acting. And that's what I was trying to get from you actually the answer, At what point do you think he started to try to act like he was from the culture, Like what things would you say that he was doing that he was you think he was trying to perpetrate.
Speaker 1: You know what, bro, if I'm gonna be honest with you, dog, let me be honest with you. So like Wayne Bird pretty much told us, you know that this dude was coming. Now. I remember being in there and he's playing some music and this nigga, you know, Drake was amazing like he was a unique talent. Bro. He was like incredible dog Like you could just tell, like I had been signed to this company for a year, had a hit, but I knew this dude was gonna be special because he was tough. That nigga knew the music like he knew the music like like like like nothing you ever saw right, And you know when his first project came out, you know what I'm saying, it did good. Thank Me letter came out did good. I think when I saw take when the take Care album came out, and he did the model because before before that off of the first CD, you know, nothing was the same. And Thank Me Later, No, no, not, nothing was the same. Forgive me, what's the mixtape? M the first mixtape he released it as an EP. Uh fuck uh it had it had best I ever had on that. Oh okay, that that first joint like uh, so far gone, so far gone, so far gone right, so so far gone came out. I think he was fine, right, everything was cool, so far gone right? Then Thank Me Later came out. What I think happened was by the time he got to take Care, which was like would be the second or third album that people might call it the second, but it's the third. I think that's when he started using more writers, right, and then so they started projecting ideas then and he started to act the ideas. Does that make sense? Yeah? Like so I'll never forget seeing the model because before that, I never really you know, looked at Drake in no funny way, like you know what I'm saying, Like he was just a cool kid that was from the TV show that really was an amazing artist. Like he was a hell of a talent if you look at my Twitter always talked about how special of a talent he.
Speaker 2: Was in terms of his technicality of understanding music, seeing creating records.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what the record. He knew what the record was when he walked in the door. Shout out to forty in his team because they knew a lot too. But like he was just a tough guy, Like you could tell he was prep for the moment. You know, he wasn't no joke, which I'm sure he still is. I'm sure he's still stuff like that. He is. He's a real animal, bro. He's a record making animal.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: That Nigga is tough and he's not. He's more than a qualified him. See that nigga can rap. He's not no punk. Like I know, he got writers, but the nigga can write. He can write his own sure. But I think what happened was as he started getting writers right and people started to write, you know, because his run is unprecedented because we never seen that in hip hop and people use writers. So you know, at this time, I still don't know he's using writers. But I'm looking at the video for the motto and it's like he's doing certain things. He shooting the video with a low rider under the Bay Bridge. I'm like, see before that. I don't think he ever tried to be cultural on you know, So Far Gone or on Thank Me Later. I don't think. I think it was just rap. You know, the songs with Eminem and Kanye and them dudes. I think it was just rap. He was just getting off showing you how talented of a songwriter as a rapper he was. And if you think about all of the songs, even the songs where you know, to find your loves and you just really got a chance to see him. But when he got to take care right and it's you certain songs, you know, the motto I'm watching him slowly start to get into spaces where he's starting to dabble into other cultures mm hm. And him and Tiger had fell out at that time, and I noticed he was saying some shit about Tiger, and I'm like, eh, this is funny. And then by the time he got to what people would call the third album, which is nothing was the same, right, and songs like started from the bottom. I think that became a problem. I think that became a problem, right. I think when he started doing those type of songs, when certain people started writing those songs, he started to act the part, so.
Speaker 2: Like why I wouldn't What we say is like a six ' nine, like a Tupac situation where I know, maybe nobody was writing their stuff, but they started to act out in character.
Speaker 1: No, there's is different, right, because Tupockets from Baltimore and New York and every ghetto, you know, the fucking Marine City, and he's from the ghetto. So you know I heard that, you know, the whole thing about Juice where oh yeah, he started to act like Bishop. It's like, you know, this nigga is still from the ghetto. Yeah, I mean, and eventually the ghetto can't come out and it'll be befitting. I mean, and I think that's what happened to poc. Park was a man and he just stood on this shit he was on and you know, just like any any of the rest of us, it could cost us our life because you know, that's that's what we pay with when when shit go too far. Same for six nine six. Note as a ghetto kid, he grew up in the ghetto, sure you, I mean, and and you give him control over me, and he's gonna be a ghetto nigga would control you know, a ghetto man would control over men. I mean. And he was making a lot of bad decisions. But when it was time to be held accountable, I think it was actually racism that didn't allow people to see he should be held accountable. People act like he was around some gang members and they you know, they oh, he's he's stupid if they listen to him. No, this dude is from around the corner, you know. I mean, he's from around the corner. But in their mind they saw him as like he yo. That's why I think it's like a level of racism where oh, no, he's a good kid. He just got mixed up with the gang and they were no sir. This nigga's a little sline ball from around the corner that was already catching cases, fucking with dope, selling dope and shit like that. And then he get the power of a gang to control because he has the economics and and opportunity for people. Sure, so it's different than them. Drake is like, he's not from the ghetto, like that thing that rules the ghetto. That's not what Drake had, because if it was those other situations, he would have dealt with him differently.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's surrounded himself with people who are from the hoods of Toronto and maybe that's why he feels that way.
Speaker 1: Sure, I would imagine. I would imagine, you know, Baka and and and all of his guys are our ghetto Toronto kids. You know what I mean. And you know. But again, that's why I think we have to do a much better job of guarding said culture, you know what I mean. And it's hard, right because other fuckers is poor. The fuckers is poor. Everybody want to take care of their family, bro. So it's easy for me to say something about Badka. If Baka go out and do some dumb shit listen to the cubs because he's paying his bills. But think, I remember when you know, people being broke you can make the money has been used to control people forever. Women give up their most prized possession for money, you know what I mean, they body. So it's like it's like money is some shit, especially when you poor, especially when you come from that fucked up shit. I then went to jail for some pimp and shit, you know what i mean. So, like you can see you've been trying to get some money. Yeah, you know what I mean. Same thing Chubbs, all them dudes is trying to eat, you know what I mean. So like their situation is I get it, you know what I'm saying. I get how you know, But so him, it's like, uh, I think it started when people started to write the raps, some of the raps, and he had to make people believe he could be the raps because when he wrote the raps himself, initially they were pretty true to form. It was his love for the the art of m sing, you know what I'm saying, rapping and song making and really just being an outstanding talent versus Dick too sure, sure, but that's normal for most people that don't come up like we're taught against that. That's another street thing. Yeah, I mean we're taught against that, but we're taught against it. I don't nobody want to be a sucker for love where we're from. Normal people want to be a sucker for.
Speaker 2: The Most of the beefs that end up happening are always some ship this over a woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again, you know, the teaching don't always fit the execution, like right, so it's different. But I think when he when somebody started to rifle cause and and then somebody started to ritelecuse, and then he started to act it out, and then I think he inherited how it made him feel like he he he loved how it made him feel. I mean, I think it happens to a lot a lot of NBA players that come in joint gangs. I mean they they you.
Speaker 2: Know, like the idea of throwing up the hood and show the pool on camera.
Speaker 1: Being a which is I don't know what's cool about I don't know it's cool about it, but it looks cool, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean if I'm looking at it and I'm wondering, and I had to wonder why they would do it. I would think because they think it looks cool. Because you got to think NBA players when we say that, like you know, not that they're little kids, but they're essentially pretty young guys. Well they're young though, but they're like, yeah, they're grown ups, but they're young adults influential. Still, what are they like most of them be like twenty two, twenty one, you know what I mean. Now, when I start seeing them twenty four to twenty five, twenty six doing that, that's when I'm just like, all right, that's weird as hell. But like twenty one twenty two even that's considered really old, right, yeah, and infrastructure, But I guess I understand it's still a little bit more at that age for me.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, yeah, I think that's what happened because and then I think at that point he started buying what he was selling. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: So but here's my other thing, like, because you know how he brought up in the battle that you know, he did the first record with you know, he has records with Kendrick.
Speaker 1: You know, so Kendrick's first.
Speaker 2: Early records, he hopped on them and helped because he was the bigger artist at the time. So, like, I'm wondering you that, you know, Kendrick, I don't know if you've talked to him about it, or if you just just by knowing him, maybe you might give a guesstimate of what his thought process was, Like where did he start get getting this resentment from that?
Speaker 1: He could he just realized Cousin was a sucker. That's all it was. I used to tell him. He used to look at me crazy. He's like, man, you don't fuck with the dude you could. I'm like, I don't care about that cud like that. You know, all of the homies look at me like that, all, especially the dudes that's a little younger than me. They all look at me like I'm hello, stoic on opportunity. But it's like I can't take all opportunity, Like I can't do it now. You know, he wanted to. He liked it, He liked he liked Drake, you know what I mean. But again, it changed, it changed. He changed. He went from being his dope talent to like, oh, I'm really one of y'all, and it's like, yeah, like no, bro, you're not.
Speaker 2: I think that was again I'm going to tie that into I think because all them dudes baka forty, you know, have they all been there from the very very beginning.
Speaker 1: Not all of them, That's what I'm saying. So forty been there from the beginning.
Speaker 2: It's like the Battle Rapper that he's not really a street dude like that, like he in the sense of like a tough guy, right, but then he gets on the stage and talking all this ship and he talking big ship now in the Battle Rapper, and if you notice, he never talks about himself directly to be tough, like I don't know if you ever like you know, I like to watch battle So it's like it's always like, yo, my man got the boo. So if you did it, do this, you come close to me, you know, my man got the And it's always I'm tough by association. Sure, And I think that's probably what really started happening to him.
Speaker 3: I think so he got around some thugs and start thugging, yeah, basically. And and the cold part is it's it's you've seen it. I've seen people do it around you when they get around you, and they think because they they real crips and stuff and yeah, and it's like I've had to tell people that I brought around, like, bro, you need to relax, like.
Speaker 2: You you know, I won't mention no names. But remember one time when we were in the studio and you know, I won't mention one name. G Baan was there and someone kept calling him cuz he was like, hey, I'm I'm you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: He had to tell him and it was like, you're not really don't Why are you cousin and doing all that? Like you know, if you if you don't really like that's don't do that.
Speaker 1: People do that though. It's kind of weird. It's a tough out, Bro, it's a tough out for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm glad this humbled his ass. He needs to relax, though, man, because he hit the scorpio in him. I think is like the ego he wants. He wants to get back. But I don't even think as an MC. I don't think he he can outthink Kendrick after watching what I've seen, like he I think he could do better if they did a round two because he's a student, so he's watched what Kendrick has done so it's a possibility he could do better. I just don't know if he would pick the right angle, because the angle he picked is terrible. That's why Kendrick ate his ass up. Kendrick let him pick his own poison and then kicked his ass.
Speaker 1: Hip hop leaves would co don't lead with music, And that's the hardest part to digest about it. It's about the style of stuff. It ain't about just the talent or execution. It's about this is what I talked to you about. It's like hip hop leads with you know, culture, you know what I mean. And it was always gonna be a tough battle for Drake because Drake can't just be a Jewish kid. The culture that he could lean on the most, he just can't, you know what I mean. It's not gonna work. I don't think he did himself any justice by not going to his strength, which is he's a great record writer and he knows how to make a great record. So you do these other songs and they're not great records. I mean, you got one great record which is probably a push up song, and it's like you abandon that. You don't like your pride and joy since you've been in the business as hooks. That's not to say there's not a lot of people who like hip hop that don't like your bars, like niggas like CAUs bars. The nigga's tough. But your pride and joy that makes you special versus every other MC that's ever came through the doors. Your ability to do your course and know what a good course is and execute it hook like you was a hook master, like not just a dobe MC, but you could make a hook. So why out of four or five songs wouldre only be.
Speaker 2: One hook Because egoistically, he wanted to show, this is my opinion, he wanted to show I can out rap Kendrick.
Speaker 1: I'm better than you at rapping.
Speaker 2: You're not as good as you think you are, which again, like I tell some of the homies, I commend him for that because he took I mean, you lost, but you took a stand because you said I'm gonna I'm gonna beat you at what you think you're better than me at and it just didn't work out. And then after you lost that battle, he beats.
Speaker 1: You at what you're good at. Well. Remember he started with a great record. I was number one, No. Kendrick, you know, with future and and and oh yeah, but that was just a verse. No, but that that's important because that's the first disc that started the battle. Sure, you know what I mean. And and the problem is that was a number one song. That was a great record, you know what I'm saying. So why not come with a hit record to rival once you did? He came with pushups and it was like he got actor it. He kind of killed the momentum when he did that goofy Ai song with the tupocet snoopid. That is done. But again that's that cornball coming out. Sure, and not understanding you know, cultural you know, cultural cachet at that point to care about relevance, like like what makes sense? What's cool? He didn't care about that. No, he thought that was So again that's the cornball coming out. Yep. Well, because nobody culturally that came from this would think to themselves, oh that's cool. None of us would think that. Sure, but because he doesn't know, but he thought it was creative, I would think, but it's corny. And see, you gotta just know this and this is the point of being truly the culture, your natural feel for it you'd be like, that's corny. And don't get me wrong, sometimes you push, but that's corny, you know what I'm saying. And that's something like if I was around, because I'm like, hey cut, that's corny. Don't put that out, you know what I mean. Now, I don't know what Baka or Chubbs or forty them was saying, but they should have said, hey cut, that's corny, don't put that out. Yeah. So I think in his situation is he didn't lean to his strengths in a battle that he was already most likely gonna lose because he didn't have the cultural cachet in the match the next MC who is just as talented, who's probably just as great of a writer, who's probably just as talented, you know what I'm saying, Like he's for sure your match with talent. He don't have one hundred ghostwriters demo in songs, Like, he's just as talented as you are as a writer, as an MC and as a songwriter. He didn't believe that though, because he started to buy the shit he was selling. He forgot that he had riders, he forgot he had help. He like, oh I'm good, I really never needed Yes she did. You did need to help with these riders. That's the only way you could put together this much music and it still stay on course. To give this many variety of thoughts. Jay Z couldn't do it this long. Jay Z had to take a break. This nigga ain't took a break in fourteen fifteen years. Yeah, he just got put on time out. He hadn't took a break before that. That motherfucker had Yo. That is crazy for me, Like that was crazy bro. So it's like, yeah, he was always gonna be in deep. I told niggas I tweeted it. I knew they saw it. I knew his homie saw it. Like, broh, that's a bad battle. I wouldn't take that battle. I would let Cuz get that song off and I would fight it on my own. You know this is the mind I have. I would fight that when I'm ready to fight it. I wouldn't have let the song of Future Metro and Kendrick come out and then I responded to that song. I'd have let that go by and wait till the album and drop some shit on cuz you know what I'm saying. I would not have tried to just initiate the battle and and you know, or or try to let him dictate when we start to fight. It's like boxing, like sometimes you move around the ring and then you you dictate to fight yourself. Yeah, and he didn't allow the he didn't dictate the fight. He got caught with a really great punch from the first song, you know what I'm saying. Like that, you got caught with a great punch, you know what I'm saying. And then you just came in there fighting.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is kind of like uh bargas Trindon Dad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, where he was more mad. You got punched and you walked yourself into something that got you knocked out. You can't do it. And that's where to me, like and no world would he beat this boy, And no world would he beat Kendrick Because it's like Kendrick is as good as you are as a writer, as a talent, you know what I'm saying. He's just as good as you are as all of these things. And he has cultural cachet. He understands culture in a way that a lot of people don't. He was able to do a lot of things without it.
Speaker 2: That's that's why and you could tell that he didn't understand that because he thought, oh, you know, because I've done records with YG, I'm gonna name these people.
Speaker 1: And those people are like, what the fuck? Don't name me?
Speaker 2: Because he he he literally was trying to say like, oh, you don't.
Speaker 1: You didn't gang bang.
Speaker 2: I know guys are really gang bang, and that's what I don't know these guys, right, But he thinks because that's and that, and that goes back to what I'm telling you. I'm telling you he started thinking this because he gets around people like you think, because you've done a record and you did some videos of YG, that's your homie.
Speaker 1: That's not your homie, bro. But because there's no other way to build a bond besides that. But again, a lot of people feel like they can buy people.
Speaker 2: I think a genuine bond is a genuine bond, and that's what people. That's what he needs to at least at some point.
Speaker 1: I think I think he understands a genuine bond. I don't think that's the issue. I think his situation is he gotta understand culture matters. Mm hmm, it matters. Culture matters. That shitt matter, bro. Way like this shit we call street urban culture matters, and if you don't really give it credence, if you think it's something that you could just play with and fuck over and oh, don't mean much, or it's a myth, or all this dumbass that everybody's saying, because it's like you're gonna come up on the short end of the stick with this shit, and you're starting to see it.
Speaker 2: You know, not to switch it, but I'm starting to see it now even with like you know, I mean, you've been talking about this for almost ten years now, with Mexicans and hip hop, and now you're starting to see a lot of these guys now they're wearing the hats Aboutchuco hats. Guys I've never seen wear those kind of hats before in there in my life. And I'm not saying I'm the guy that made them look at that, but I know that there's guys that have a lot more views than me that still see what I do, and because they have more followers, they're doing it. But what I noticed that they're noticing is what I'm doing. The thing that they don't have is a secret weapon, is that I have a friend that knows the industry even way more than probably anybody they know. So while they're trying to do the look, they're not doing the music. Now the guys that are doing the music to match, well, there isn't any that's why, well, no, there isn't any That's why they're not at that level.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a combination of a few things, right, having the cultural cachet, you know, understanding it, and then being relevant with then said conversations, right, and then really delivering a great record in that fold. Because you do have people that deliver great records that lack cultural cachet, I mean, then they can figure out. Genesis is a prime example of somebody who delivered great records before he actually figured out culturally how you want to be represented. So you watch one part of his career where he delivers these really big kind of parody records of lifestyle the streets, right Coco, oh yeah, yeah, cut it whatever, And then you look at this version now where now it's just cultural cache of him just being you know, him representing crips. He don't have the same big records, but there's still a level of of relevance that he has because he's carrying culture m I mean he will see it in the culture. Nipp is somebody who really didn't have a ton of records, I mean really none, but he had this cultural cash. The cultural stash was on one hundred on the scale of one to one hundred. So and I think matter Dom is such a special talent man.
Speaker 2: Like, but he carries culture. He just carries the culture that he represents, which is west almost like West La West Side. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Dom is definitely like a beach kid. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I see Dom when I see Dom, alright, listen to Dom like I get it now. When we used to say we remember, you used to tell me like your record should feel like where you're from. Like when you hear his stuff, I feel like I'm at Venice Beach. I feel like I'm in Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: Same thing, same thing for our future. They like when you listen to them, the dudes sound like little idiot skateboard kids. Yeah, you know, just enjoying life, you know, fucking around. And I think that's what makes hip hop, you know, that's how you can break consistency. It's hard to break consistency. Without it, you can look up and get a song or even get a hit album. I mean, but it's another thing to repeat it. Like, it's the reason why Snoop is a fifty four year old man that's still a crypt You don't need cripping no more. He understands the cultural cachet of representing and decided he's going to represent. Well what else would you guys do? Though? Like that's what I don't get like that.
Speaker 2: That's like people that say, like when you know that one picture where they showed Alan iverson and the said people are saying, oh, he's trying to dress like a kid swear and throwback jerseys and Nike wristbands, Jordan headbands, and people are like, he's always dressed way what the hell is he was? He supposed to put on slacks and a button up shirt. And you know what I mean, because there's so when you say Snoop is a fifty like, I wouldn't expect nothing else.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel. But again people think of it differently. They think they think these are phases. That's what it is. I mean, when you don't understand culture, you look at certain things like a phase. Like imagine a black person that goes to a face where he's just eating soul food. No, it's more of a it's more of an identity of who you are and what your people been through. So even when you start to get healthy, you're still going to indulge in some soul food every once in a while to remind yourself where you know, the people you fuck with came from. So it's a big thing. That makes sense, That makes sense. It's a huge thing, bro, It's a huge, big wormhole, ye.
Speaker 2: For Drake and Kendrick, because you know, I didn't want to make I didn't want to I didn't know where we were going with it, but I didn't want to make it all about you know, the battle, but more so about that the ideas of whol both these guys are as individuals.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's heavy. It definitely made for a different type of exchange, something we never seen before. Yeah, you know what I mean. But Drake paid with Drake paid forward with his life. You know, it's his cultural life because now culturally he's dead. That's not to say that Drake, he's such an outstanding talent and all of that. You know, I'm sure he'll get some records. You know, he got a couple decent ones now, but he'll never be viewed as cool to me anymore. That's the problem. M He like, that's weird.
Speaker 2: People really did view him as cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I never viewed him. So he got into a space to where he was viewed as cool. And see that's what his fight was. He you know, his fight was to be cool.
Speaker 2: So then this really exposed out on so many levels. Because I know you're probably I didn't necessarily listen to the AI record and say this is corny. You're obviously you did right off of friends heard cool like me. I listened to it and I was like, it's kind of weird, Like why do he do that? I didn't think it was whack. I just didn't know what he was like, like, I get him, but why why would you do this like that?
Speaker 1: That's how I looked at it.
Speaker 2: What got me at super corny was when k Dot dropped and remember I told you, I said, do you know this fool listen to k Dot's record and went and put ten things I hate about you on his timeline When she said I hate the way you make me like you you don't know was super corny.
Speaker 1: But that's also also you're talking to somebody again who didn't grow up in the culture to understand what happened. I mean, he don't get what's not cool. And and and there is an audience of people you know who really don't care. They just like he's really and successful, so whatever he does is cool. But to the people that you know at the cornerstone of it, bro, we know that shit not cool, and we gonna look at you like you're not cool, and eventually it'll catch on to them everything that mattered in the street. There's this belief that like what happened with Gunner right where he told in that situation where he took a plea in a kind of blu thug under the bus, right, people like, oh, well, he came out and he sold so many records. He had a hit record right after that. People don't care about snitching, Yes they do. What happens is it'll slow down. Remember like I told you with six nine, them like this is gonna slow down, yeah, because we just you're not cool. No more. You you're not cool. Like you'll be hot at the moment and people will be saying your name and they'll feel like they're having their rebelliousness against the streets. Oh you know this person right here? I like them. They're you know they didn't care. You know they should have told And then you know what happened to even the most squares motherfucker, They realize you a whole ass nigga too. They're like, you know what, you really not and slowly d windows dwindos dwindos to where you can't even get nothing off no more, and you ruin your existence from even like we're gunner bro, like like your kids is gonna call you a rap bro. You're you're not gonna be able to take this off, right, You're not gonna be able to remove this. I can't go We're gonna call your kids rat like your dad is a rat, you know what I'm saying, Like your dad, Like this is not going to go anywhere. And that's what I think, Like Troy Avenem just came home, right, and it's like you could say all this, but niggas is gonna always look at you this way. Right, This is a permanent stain. And I don't care the police, not even just like you know the ghetto, the police. Girl, if you get into it with a girl, Troy, get into it with a girl, girl gonna be like you was a snitch anyway, Like this is going to stain you for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: But as somebody who's like you know, from the streets and did that, you should also reiterate or you know, make it a point to say, gee, on this podcast you have pee a lot of people that listen to it that I think sometimes even within the streets, some people are not that smart because they'll say, oh, he's a rat, as if that makes that person a punk. A rat will smoke you just like anybody else. And that's what people need to realize, Like, I get what you're saying, I mean what they are.
Speaker 1: You know, a rat can bite you and shit, I don't kill shit. So if you go present the line on somebody playing with him, you better be ready to hold him accountable for real, because they can, you know, some of the craziest people. I'm not I'm not. I don't think people should go around and shaming him. That's not the goal. Like I think they shame themselves. I just dislike that they acting like that, and I would rather them explain to me, how did you shame yourself? Why'd you think it's okay? Then to make it feel like like we're crazy. Like you didn't shame yourself, right, so something you was pressing this whole time and you wake up one day. Now it is different when you at when you want a motherfucker, you know, when you want are.
Speaker 2: It's like the Homeboy Jazzo says, man, it's a really dope line. I'm sure I don't know if he heard it somewhereere it is. It's not on you, it's in you, right.
Speaker 1: But looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and Notheart Radio. Yeah