Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, and jat Katie and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: This brazen abuse of power by a sitting president inflamed a combustible situation, putting our people, our officers, and even our National Guard at risk.
Speaker 2: Now let me into the Oval Office, all right, So things would have calmed down on their own. I highly doubt it. But Gavin Newsom gave a late night speech last night and it was his most his biggest effort yet at trying to look like a presidential candidate or already president of the United States. The lighting, the hair, the standing in front of the flag. They know what they're doing. And his hair grayer than I've ever seen it. That wasn't an accident. He's trying to look more dignified anyway. And then he went on to say.
Speaker 3: This, this isn't just about protests here in Los Angeles. When Donald Trump sought blanket authority to commandeer the National Guard, he made that order apply to every state in this nation. This is about all of us.
Speaker 2: This is about you.
Speaker 3: California maybe first, but it clearly will not end here. Other states are next. Democracy is next. Democracy is under assault before our eyes. This moment we have feared has arrived.
Speaker 2: Heay's Trump Hitdler. That's the that's the underscore, that's the between the lines.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, most of America here's those words and thinks, so Trump will send in the National Guard in any state where riots are out of control and the cops are gowhelmed.
Speaker 2: Okay, Good says at least two thirds of America, if not more, that's as totalitarian. Not according to not, According to Rich Lowry of the National Review, this is not what authoritarianism looks like. This is pretty good. President Trump's activation of the California National Guard has launched a thousand op eds warning of his authoritarianism. This is what autocracy looks like, wrote Michelle Goldberg in The New York Times. Edward Lusip the Financial Times sending the National Guard into la is the administration's clearest step yet toward authoritarianism. The same word again. CNN two had a piece saying Trump is acting like an authoritarian. Goldberg of the New York Times believes we are seeing her worst fear realized, just like Gavin Newsom said, the moment we had feared is here.
Speaker 3: This moment we have feared has arrived.
Speaker 2: New York's Times believes our worst fears have been realized that Trump would call out the military against people protesting his mass deportations, putting America on the road to martial law. The phrase road to martial law is doing a lot of work here. What's happened so far is that Trump has acted within the law, even analysts not favorable to him, And as a approach, I've acknowledged that he has the right and ability to use the National Guard and now at contingent of Marines to protect federal personnel and property in LA. Most people don't feel threatened or provoked by guys and camo standing impassively in front of a federal building. I like this part from Rich Lowry. The old saw about the Nazis is first they came for the Jews. It's not first they protected government property from violent demonstrators. That's a good one. Wow, that is a good line. Wretch Goldberg minimizes the mayhem as she quotes a Saturday statement by the LAPD that all is well, leaving out the subsequent comments by the police chief on Sunday night about the situation being out of control and his officers getting overwhelmed. Many news outlets have done that. Yeah, they selected the things were fine earlier and left out the police chief saying himself, we are overwhelmed. The chief may I.
Speaker 4: Could just quickly pause and refer to Michelle Goldberg's using the term mass deportation as if that is somehow so repugnant and awful. Everybody agrees, and she doesn't need to make an argument. She'll just use those words. Hey, Michelle, I got a question for you. There was a mass importation of illegal immigrants willy nilly across an open border. How would you rectify a mass importation?
Speaker 2: Hmm, Michelle, I have an idea. He goes through a long thing about how ICE officers were being attacked, not being able to do their job, Federal buildings were under assault, being defaced, et cetera, et cetera. Those who see budding autocracy in Trump's handling of LA probably read Holman's statement about protecting federal buildings in the ICE are going to do their jobs. There he goes again, saying you can't assault ICE agents or destroy property. Has he no decency and pretty much any other circumstance, defying federal law and federal law enforcement would be portrayed as reprehensible proto secessionism. But since we're talking about Trump and immigration law, it's federal agents and those charged with protecting them who are precursors of precursors of a dystopian future. That's right. And this happens on both sides. And I was talking about this yesterday. Try to have some principles and stick with them regardless of who's involved. You hate the idea of states, you know, deciding gay people can't get married, or trains this or whatever. You know, federal rules rule and all that sort of stuff, except for when it's Trump and immigration and come on, be one or the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so many people think emotionally it's you can't reason with them because they'll say, I don't care, I know what I feel, and that's the way they live their lives.
Speaker 2: I I absolutely believe, and I will be shocked if it turns out doesn't turn out to be true when we get some polling on this. I did seem some polling yesterday that was too early for a lot of the stuff that has happened. See if I can find that real quick, but it was roughly fifty to fifty on Trump I want to boot out I legals. I'll see if I can find that, but I'll be shocked if when the polling comes out later on the well, basically, what do you think of doing whatever we got to do to stop riots? And a fast majority of people saying, yeah, you got you gotta stop riots. You can't have riots. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, it's when things calm down and it's mass deportations if you will of non criminals, that the politics can get really interesting and I will enjoy observing it and we will bring it to you in an unbiased fashion. You know what the polls say and that sort of thing. Here, here's the poll. Here's the poll real quick. Jessica, Hey, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: How Americans feel about immigration authorities searching their communities for people they believe are in the country are legally nothing to do with crime. Here, it's just how Americans feel about immigration authorities searching their communities, so, you know, sweeping through your town, workplace, or whatever for people at home depot believe are in the country illegally. In favor fifty one opposed forty nine. That's CBSU gov fifty one. Forty nine in favors is fifty fifty. It's win the margin of error. But yeah, man, in terms of quelling riots, so ICE can do its job, and they shocked if it's not at least two thirds to three quarters support.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no brainer, absolutely not, which is why it's so curious that Gavy Newsom would think that this is the time to launch his his, his true final assent into the upper upper echelon of would be Democratic presidential candidates. Because it looks so bad. Let's can we hear one more of Gavy Newsom?
Speaker 2: What have we not played? Just whatever?
Speaker 5: The next clip is Donald Trump, without consulting California law enforcement leaders, commandeered two thousand of our state's National Guard members.
Speaker 3: To deploy on our streets illegally and for no reason. This brazen abuse of power by a sitting president inflamed a combustible situation, putting our people, our officers, and even our National Guard at risk. That's when the downward spiral began.
Speaker 2: That's when this doubled down.
Speaker 3: On his dangerous National Guard deployment by fanning the flames even harder and the president.
Speaker 2: Everybody's did it on purpose.
Speaker 4: Yes, he of course he did it on purpose. Oh the inflaming part. Okay, Gabby, So, I wish I could do better than Peter hack with not to Be, but I can't. So I just to tell you what he said. The media is trying so hard. The left wing shills at Politico have seized on the chaos in California, hoping it can be manipulated to catapult the state's democratic governor into the national conversation. But if this is his audition for twenty eight it's not going very well. Newsom is up to his arm pits in another mess of his own making. The progressive poser during his ten years mayor turned one of America's most beautiful cities into a poop stained, needle riddled cesspool of debauchery. Took those talents from San Francisco to Sacramento, and the results have been nearly identical.
Speaker 2: Cesspool of debauchery. Yes, so I'm going to go see them Friday night.
Speaker 4: And he goes into the billions of dollars spent to combat quote unquote homelessness, only to see the homeless rate increase.
Speaker 2: It's transient drug addicts that are the problem.
Speaker 4: The billions and billions and billions of dollars spent on the high speed rail that hasn't been built and won't be, thousands of convicted felons granted early release. Business is fleeing the state twice as fast as years prior. Highest gas prices in the country about to go even higher. Good lord, good luck, Gavy oh man.
Speaker 2: Um, Yeah, so are we past the whole thing in LA now? There was violence in a number of other cities, including Austin last night. I think there were eighty arrests in Austin last night, quite a few on a few other towns. Do you think this is a growing thing across the country like George Floyd esque? Or is it were past the worst of it. It's not going to be as big as George Floyd. It's an unfair standard, right, certainly, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's spreading those young radicals who've been schooled in the hatred of Western civilization in the United States for their entire careers and government schools are they're thinking this is a good enough excuse to take this straight. So, yeah, we're going to see a fair amount of it for weeks and weeks.
Speaker 2: Nah, No, I want to get away from politics for a moment. Coming up, Apple and veiled their new software with some cool new features that I'm excited about myself. I want to talk about at some point. Also back to politics, our d and I Elsie Gabbard put out an interesting video yesterday about the atomic bomb in Japan and whatnot. Yeah, Telsea is a crank? What is a What is a crank?
Speaker 4: She is a nut job. She has bizarre beliefs. She is unfit for the job. Sorry, tells fans she's lost her damn mind.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, we'll get to that. What what people think of the military parade? Ran Paul came out against it pretty strong yesterday, the big military parade Trump's going to have. I'm I'm kind of agnostic on this one, but uh, I can see the argument on both sides. But there's there's much to discuss. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 6: He getty. Now, there is this new liquid glass design announced that Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, which adds kind of a glass like appearance to your phones in app interfaces, you can see you can kind of see through them there. Apple also adding an AI power translation tool. This is cool, guys for Call and Tech. So you could have a phone call with someone who speaks a different language, and it'll be spoken to you, allowed by an AI voice in your language, and will also appear as captions on your phone in your language.
Speaker 2: That's cool, It is very cool. How about that they showed the demonstration. You could face time with somebody from wherever they speaking. You know, they're speaking crisik Stan or whatever they speak over there, and it will come. You'll be looking at their face in the FaceTime and you'll get an AI voice coming back to you in English.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's and it's awesome. What was it three four days ago? We played you the audio of Google's new system to do that. So now it's on your iPhone automatically. Man, there's much time.
Speaker 2: You're looking at their face and getting it in English to you. I mean that's incredible. Yeah, the liquid glass display. I don't know what that means and I don't care. That sounds like a minor whatever. But another thing, as I transition to a different story, another thing that they touted was you could have your passport in your phone, kind of like you'd have your credit card in your phone. Now you can have your passport in your phone. Although they haven't worked it out with governments toward they'll accept that. But list in the Nited States. That's at least in the United States you'd be able to do it. And that leads me to flying, which our friend Craig. I don't know if he wanted his name attached to us, but Craig, the healthcare genius, who is very handy contact by the way, in my own personal life for lots of questions. Everyone should have someone like Craig to ask a medical, insurance everything questions too, because he knows everything and it's so complicated. Anyway, he texted this to Joe and I yesterday. This is one of my hobby horses. I love how in some airports your sweater absolutely must come off or you will be presumed to be a member of al Qaeda and another airport you're an idiot for even thinking that could be the case.
Speaker 4: Right, give me your jackets.
Speaker 2: On another one. Computers too, now in Sacramento, no electronics come out of the bag. Stop wasting time in Chicago, pull out your electronics, Osama, Yeah, so true. Do these people never travel? Do you? TSA people never travel and realize, Oh, I guess the rules are different in every airport, so yelling at people like they're idiots doesn't work because they don't have any idea airport to airport, not even airport to airport. At my local airport, it's line the line because they have different machines on the one on the left than they do here than they have over there. Right, these machines, they don't need your electronics to come out those do? Do? See? Can't I'm not an expert and looking at the machine, Oh that's the uh, that's the Osama three thousand terrorist catcher. Though, okay, so I don't have to take my computer out for that one. Obviously, I know that.
Speaker 4: So many I think I mentioned it to similar experience. I was dealing with an airline agent who said, show me your IFD. Like, what's an IFT? She said, it's on your ticket? Where on your ticket? Where on my ticket?
Speaker 2: In the bottom, all right, the bottom where there's fifteen?
Speaker 4: What's an IFD? And I needed this to happen fairly quickly.
Speaker 2: And undo my pants. Okay, I need it to happen. I assumed it was a acronym for something. I thought it was a reference to my manhood. Look look uh.
Speaker 4: And if I had not needed it to happen quickly and successfully, no matter what else happened, it had to happen that the switch of the flight, I would have said, Now, how in the world would I know what an IFD is. I've never heard that's my name. Here's what I do for a living. Here are my hobbies. Where would I have come into contact with that series of letters?
Speaker 2: You dumb? Oh man, you sound like me, which is fun. And then one more for Craig when he got to Chicago, Oh, boarding pass, is your face here in Chicago? Love? Facial scanning is here. I haven't had that experience. We're all getting our picture kicking everywhere, but I haven't had the this is my ticket face yet. Oh yeah, Wow, I've done that. Wow. How soon will that be?
Speaker 4: Pose in front of the little camera thing and it says, okay you are Joe, come on in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've done that at every ticket, but I also had to have my ticket. I haven't had that work as the ticket yet. Huh. That is something and when that can be or your ticket is your face? Is that going to be going into every ball game, every concert, every everything.
Speaker 4: You know, my face has always been my ticket, Jack, my tickets to fame.
Speaker 2: My ticket's a good question. My face is my ticket to people cross the street to the other side. That's what my ticket is. Boy, he looks angry and there that's across the street. Honey. Yeah, Well, who's trying to get the eye scans going?
Speaker 4: And all the little booths around? Uh, Silicon Valley? Is that Sam Alton or one of those tech gurus. Yeah, everybody's competing I finger prints and whatever.
Speaker 2: Tulsi Gabbard, Director of National Intelligence, put out a video like looked like it was made by Hollywood. It was so good yesterday about US dropping the bomb on Japan. How evil it was an excuse them? What the heck was that all about? Stay tuned, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 4: California Governor Gavin Newsom and Mayor Karen Pass denounced the federal immigration raids.
Speaker 2: So now they.
Speaker 4: Don't want California to have ice.
Speaker 2: Or water shot at water the water conservation problem in California. Yeah, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 4: Coming up, I will flesh out why I think Tulsi Gabbard is a crank. I've thought that for a long time. I wobbled briefly. I am back to thinking she is a complete crank. I don't really unqualified to be in the d N. I I might be on an out wire here. I don't really know the crank that well and what it means really, yeah, like a crank call or a you know, well, she's a nut she's a nut job, she's incapable, she's strong right in the head strong words from Joe Getty. I can go on if you'd like a couple of things of worth noting, you know, I was really hoping Katie would be here for this discussion. The is it the aura ring?
Speaker 2: Is that how you pronounced it? Arrible?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or a paranoia? I know a number of people who do the aura ring, and I almost bought one a while back. The only reason I didn't it's supposed to be like one of the best things out there, because it's tight around your your your finger, for keeping track of sleep, part rate, all these different sorts of things. And the only reason is I just thought, I'm not gonna be a guy who wears a ring all the time. I just I'm not unlikely.
Speaker 4: Right right, Well, yeah, and it looks a little bulky to me. Too, But this article is all the about how people are getting or a paranoia they're getting. You know, they're sleep graded and their heart rates and their respiration, their activity, and they see results that are like in the yellow zoner. However, they grade it and they get all concerned and obsessed with it and go to see their doctors about it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, actually I was having a heart rate thing or I just noticed my heart rate from my Apple Watch. Let me start my sentence over. My Apple Watch alerted me to my heart rate a while back. And I've never paid attention to my heart rate. I've never had any problems with the heart. My heart rate was probably doing that. My heart was probably doing this my whole life, and I never knew it. But my Apple Watch alerted to your heart your arresting heart rate has been higher the last two days, and I thought, man, that's kind of interesting. Then I had a kind of high one and it alerted to me, and I asked my doctor about it, and he said, yeah, you got to watch out for this. People with the Apple watches, with the fitbits. He didn't mention the r ring, but what you're saying, I'm sure is true. He said. People are like discovering things that have always been true for them and like freaking out about them. So it's something you got to watch out for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I was kind of enthused about wearing my Apple Watch to track my sleep or getting something like that some similar product. But I read that they did a big study and people tended to start having worse sleep because they were worried about it.
Speaker 2: Wow. They knew they'd be scored.
Speaker 4: And so they would wake up in the middle of the night and think, oh God, I get to get back to sleep, or I'm not going to have a good score.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting. I don't have any need to have a certain scar. I don't know. That's kind of funny. Yeah, damned.
Speaker 4: Here's a woman who went to She asked her doctor practically the very thing you were discussing, and he told her, now you're fine, and quote they were like anti ara ring. They were just like, this is not just necessary information for a healthy, able bodied person to have.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. Quick paying attention. Basically, the one doctor said to me, I get ready to Apple Watch, like just dismissively said that, like, you know, out of hand, And I guess the and I did a little reading about it afterwards. Your heart rate gets a lot higher than you think because you're not you know, one of you. Has mankind ever known this. Your heart rate gets a lot higher than you think, maybe going up the stairs to your office, maybe walking out to your car on a hot day carrying something heavy, just you know, whatever, it is, right, your heart rate gets a lot higher than you'd think it does. And it's fine. It's supposed to right, right. So here's this.
Speaker 4: The woman who wrote a book called The Quantified Self, a sociology of self tracking, and she posits an aim. My initial response to this was cynicism, but I don't know now. She thinks that people just want some control over some aspects of their everyday lives and their health and their well being in these fevered, crazy times.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's completely crack pa. No, I want control over my well being and during these crazy times crackpot and I synonym for crank. By the way, I was motivated for the or erring mostly for the sleep thing because I've never had a heart problem. I just thought it would be interesting to know how many hours of sleep I'm actually getting. If I think I'm getting seven but I'm actually getting five and a half. It seems I could be good to know, so I could try to work in more sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have read with interest emails from folks who, like me, are cocktail enthusiasts and say, man, it's just undeniable. If you have a couple of drinks in the evening, you will not sleep as soundly.
Speaker 2: And as well during the night. Interesting, and I've read that a number of times. It seems like I slept fine. You know, I woke up in exactly the same position as I went to sleep in, in my clothes, on the floor next to the bed. That's not wait, my lifestyle. Jason Isabelle says in one song. Have you ever heard his song I Don't Want to Die in a Super eight home Hotel? Oh, it's a funny, funny, funny song about kind of a hard night of partying. But one of his lines is I woke up with the bed still made. I've done that a few times. Yeah, I didn't quite make it to the bed.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just drift off while I'm watching a golf tournight late at night, after several classes of wine.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 4: So one more quick note from the world to technology before we take a break and we'll come back in. I'll make my Telsey Gabbard case. But we all feared this was true. We all heard this was true. We hoped it wasn't. There are quite a number of times when hitting unsubscribe just confirms it's a hot, live email address, and the evildoers say, we got a live one.
Speaker 7: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I was afraid of that. I always wondered that. How I thought, how is this not the same as answering the phone when it's a telemarketer and all I've done is tell them I exist, crap, what are you supposed to do? Now?
Speaker 4: It's not a ton, it's not a ton. Some most are legit. You're big, like Constant Contact or survey Monkey or I can't remember the names of the big, well known firms that do push emails.
Speaker 2: In a sales email, I'm assuming you're legit. I'm assuming like Banana Republic. I buy a shirt there, I put in my email to buy it, and then they start sending me ads and I hit the unsubscribe up there in the corner. I assume that's legit. I always worry about the ones that they don't have the little unsubscribe up in the corner. You have to go to their website and do some stuff. Those are the ones that worry me, bingo.
Speaker 4: And it's the ones the ones that bother me are why am I getting this email anywhere?
Speaker 2: I never bought that? Never.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a while I was getting like seventeen different practice. It's the identical financial advice you know pushes.
Speaker 2: Which is why I say no to you know at a place yesterday. Are you part of our rewards program? Rewards program here for buying a burger every six months, I come in here and get a burger fries. No, I'm not, and I don't want to give you my address and my telephone number and then get a and then you sell it to someone new.
Speaker 4: The tech company who did this study found that one in every six hundred and forty four, which is not many, but that's say click here to un subscribe lead you directly to a potentially malicious website. Spam screening probably the best thing you can do. Some program, and they're imperfect. Everybody's tried one, including me, knows that you end up with you know, something you really need to see buried in you know, sales solicitation folder or whatever, but I get the.
Speaker 2: Fifth to geez, how long has email been super popular? Late nineties, Back in the early days, I can understand why companies thought this, But now they're twenty twenty five, I'm surprised that they don't have some sort of formula or just intuitive knowledge that blanketing me with emails every day is gonna make me unsubscribe to you. I don't mind being subscribed to you, like Banana Republic's a good example, because every once in a while, I'm gonna buy a dress, shirt or socks or whatever. But if you hit me three times a day with what's on sale, I'm going to block you or unfollow You've you've completely gone the other direction from your intention. How do they not know that? And every company does that? I remember WET I bought a Kawasaki motorcycle. I actually called them up and said, look, I will never buy a Kawasaki again if you don't stop emailing me and calling me. I love your product, but I'll never buy one again if you don't leave me alone. Right, do I need to buy one every five times a day? That's so nut? Yeah, a lot of them.
Speaker 4: If you unsubscribed they'll say, how often would you like to see a message from US?
Speaker 2: And to choose? But yeah, very seldom.
Speaker 4: So inflammatory, explosive. Joe Getty claims Tulsi Gabbert is unfit for the office she holds, and I think she's some sort of weird America hater the evidence.
Speaker 7: Next, you could start with the question of is the DNI supposed to spend her time producing and hosting many documentaries for social media.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a thing. For some reason.
Speaker 4: Tulsi Gabbert, the Director of National Intelligence, just put out a three and a half or so minute video in which she describes visiting Hiroshima and Nagasaki and how horrific it was that the US used those weapons. You'll hear some of it, and then moves toward her point, which is troubling to me.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we'll give you a sample of it. Michael, let's hear sixteen.
Speaker 1: I recently visited Hiroshima in Japan and stood at the epicenter of a city that remains scarred by the unimaginable horror caused by a single nuclear bomb dropped in nineteen forty five, eighty years ago. It's hard for me to find the words to express what I saw, the stories that I heard, the haunting sadness that still remains. This is an experience that will stay with me forever. This attack obliterated the city, killed over three hundred thousand people, many dying instantly, while others died from severe burns, injuries, radiation, sickness and cancer that set in. In the following months and years, Nagasaki suffered the same faith, homes, schools, families all gone in a flash. The survivors, the Hibokusha, they carried the pain of extreme burns, radiation, sickness and loss for decades.
Speaker 4: So she goes on in that vein for a couple of minutes and describing.
Speaker 2: How today's warheads are even more and it is never it is like a mini documentary. I mean it's really really well done. The music, she looks great, it looks like a motion picture, and then all the video behind her of the explosion and then you know, sick and dying and injured and mutilated people. I mean, it's like a documentary.
Speaker 4: In art displays of the survivors, that sort of thing. So she never mentions the brutality of Imperial Japan. Pearl Harbor Baton Death March, tens of thousands of US troops who died to try to win the war in the Pacific. She doesn't mention Operation Downfall, which was the invasion of the Japanese mainland, in which our military authorities believed between one hundred and five hundred thousand more young American men were expected to die. It just goes on and on about the horrors of using the nuclear weapons against Japanche out Obama, Obama who did this while ago.
Speaker 2: Or the Japanese Imperial Army's statement they would never surrender, or any of those things.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I just happened to hear a great podcast with a historian who is talking about the war in the Pacific and how the closer we got to Japan, the more intensely the Japanese fought to the death. There would be I can't remember the numbers, as like, seventeen thousand Japanese soldiers on Iwo Jima, and only two hundred of them surrendered at the end. Everybody else fought to the death. Pardon me if my numbers are not exact, they don't have them in front of me. And so the end of the war would have been horrifically bloody for both sides. I mean casualties on the Japanese side far beyond and the toll from the bombs.
Speaker 2: You attacked us. It is not our obligation to try to end this war in a way that saves as many as you as possible while wasting our lives.
Speaker 4: Right, exactly exactly, So what is she doing? Why did she make the video? Let's skip to eighteen Michael, and it's about to become more clear.
Speaker 1: This isn't some made up science fiction story. This is the reality of what's at state, what we are facing now, because as we stand here today closer to the brink of nuclear annihilation than ever before, political elite and warmongers are carelessly fomenting fear and tensions between nuclear powers. Perhaps it's because they are confident that they will have access to nuclear shelters for themselves and for their families that regular people won't have access to.
Speaker 2: So it's up to us, the people.
Speaker 1: To speak up and demand an end to this madness. We must reject this path to nuclear war and work toward a world where no one has to live in fear of a nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 4: This is a mini documentary made to convince people to abandon Ukraine.
Speaker 2: That is the purpose of it.
Speaker 4: She is trying to convince us that support for Ukraine will lead to a nuclear holocaust that will get us all except for those elites who have their own bomb shelters.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ian Bremer tweeted that out and said, closer to nuclear war than ever before possible because elites have access to bomb shelters. Questionable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, but Noah Rothman in The National Review points out many times we're much much, much closer to nuclear war than we are now, So that's just wrong. But and he also points out that, so where did this come from? Why would Telsea gabbert In puner country's integrity and terrorize the public as she talks about causing unnecessary fears? It's because Moscow's not coming around to Donald Trump's charms. As he put it, if you've succumbed to the delusion that Vladimir Putin is honest and that his invasions of Ukraine are the result of NATO's supposed aggression, then the Kremlin should have been satisfied by now. But Trump's peace overtures and concessions to Russia have failed to dissuade Moscow from pursuing its territorial ambitions with violence, bigger attacks every day. In the conspiracist's mind, Russia's stubbornness is evidence only that American dishonesty. He is even worse than we previously knew.
Speaker 2: I one of the many interesting things about the Trump administration in the way he does things. You know, he only has certain things that he's really interested in, and I think the rest of it doesn't pay much attention to. Does he have the slightest idea that she did that? Is he okay with that?
Speaker 4: His DNA is a big internal argument in the Trump administration, the abandoned Ukrainers versus the support Ukrainers, and this appears to be some sort of you know how it's ur blast for her side as the director of National Intelligence.
Speaker 2: She goes on to say, and I think this is important. I wish more people knew this. She goes on to say, the bombs we have now are many, many, multiple times more powerful than those I think most people think nuclear bomb, and they think Eroshima, which is bad enough, but it's significantly worse. It wouldn't be hundreds of thousands, it would be millions, these bombs are so much bigger now. If the point is to alert the world of that's what we're dealing with in the reality if we ever go to nuclear war, I'm fine with that. The problem is I believe sending the message to Putin and she that you can take land and there'll be no pushback gets us closer to nuclear war, not further from it, I would agree. And what the hell is the D and I doing doing this right? Right?
Speaker 4: Why is she you putting out America? You have to understand how horrible nuclear war would be? What the hell with certainly an implication, and maybe I'm reading too much into it. I don't think I am an immiglation that we implication that we shouldn't have done what we did to end World War two. She's one hundred percent, give Putin what he wants one hundred percent, And you think that would make the world safer from nuclear war?
Speaker 2: I think that's nuts. Armstrong and Getty