Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: So today's episode, you guys, it's what's wrong my hair? Can we talk about hair? I mean you, guys, I try not to be vain. I'm just like, can a girl like, can I just get hair for a second?
Speaker 3: Can we talk about does anyone notice anything? Are your extensions gone? I thought you didn't blow dry? I'm not sure. Always do sound quite vain? Right now?
Speaker 1: I like your butterflies all Diama, stay on topic. Butterflies, that shiny squirrel?
Speaker 3: Okay, did you cut it?
Speaker 2: Well? This goes to the conversation that I had with you earlier this morning about what I what I think I have.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, so I want to say so much about that?
Speaker 2: Can I?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And no?
Speaker 3: Second, that's so clueless? What is happening?
Speaker 2: So it kind of goes along with our topics of like when people say, okay, you know, like I gotta hey, can you call me?
Speaker 3: And I was just like done, done, done, okay, go ahead time now, So I'm not as conditioned. Do I tell my side of the story first or do you tell yours? I don't know they're funny either way. So about let's.
Speaker 2: See I'm about two nope, about five weeks postpartum, y'all.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: I have had the itchiest scalp. I mean, itching's so bad. I'm like digging my nails into my head, like the itchiest scalp. Right, And so I'm doctor Google, so I go on and I'm just like googling.
Speaker 3: So so I go.
Speaker 2: On Google and they're like, oh, it's it's yeah, it's like it could be your hormones or whatever. So I don't think anything of it and it's probably gonna go away.
Speaker 3: I read some.
Speaker 2: Article like whatever those forums are, and it's like, yeah, I had it too. Oh my gosh, crazy itchy scalp. So she's doing it as I'm itching. My scalp's amazing. So cut to after Christmas and I'm still just like itching everywhere, and then it's like in the back of my neck, in my ear and I'm like do I have lice? Like why am I itching?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So I contact my doctor and I'm like, hey, I'm like having such bad itching. Like it's actually depressing me because I'm like something's wrong again, like you know, the postpartum everything. I'm just kind of like, can I just not have something going wrong, like versus is the kidney it exists?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: And then the baby? And then I came to that and so I'm like I'm so I'm like, now I'm itching, like comfortable love, Yeah, it's just exists in your own body for a second. Yeah, like I have to actively choose not to scratch my head even though I feel like I have to. So anyway, so I email the doctor. I'm like, is this normal? She's like no, and I'm like, well, you know what happens when someone tells me something is normal. So now I'm yeah, may just problem like I have.
Speaker 3: M Yes, I have.
Speaker 2: Because it's like there's all the things of like what it like causes itching or whatever. So she's like, I would recommend going to see a dermatologist. So I'm like, okay, So I go see doctor Lee and she's amazing. She does my botox like she's great. So she also like her main things like she's a very like she's a very good dermatologist.
Speaker 3: And so she's.
Speaker 2: Looking and she's like why don't She's like, you have no dandriff. So it's not anything dry your your scalp. Look, there's no nothing on your scalp. She's like, and then you know, she's looking anywhere. I was like, well, this itch is over here, and like this, I have a random itch here and like this kind of itches. And she's like, there's no bumps, there's no hot I'm like, then, what is it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: And so then she draws an AX on my arm right, so I'm gonna do it right here. So she draws an AX on my arm and then she does an X on the lady in the office. My skin makes an AX. So if we were to do an AX on yours like mine in about one minute will look like a big red AX. So there's something in my body that's like an autoimmune that's attacking. Something's attacking my body and we don't know what it is. So because like the other lady h hers didn't have an X, and mine that gets a red X because it's my skin reacting whatever. So she's like, I need to take some blood work from you. And I'm like, doctor, not really, like what do I have. She's like, no, right, I was like, but what could it be? She's like, I have some fear. So like I see it's turning to be an X right there. It's like red red X. You would not have that if I did that to you, So listen to this.
Speaker 3: So I kind of want to test, so I do that.
Speaker 2: So she's like, well, it could be a couple of things, and I'm like, break it down. What am I dying of? You know, because I go straight to like I'm dying. She's like, you could have lupus. You could have kidney failure, kidney disease. And I'm like kidney. Oh my god. Oh so I spoilal because I'm like all that kidney issue I had. I go doctor Lee, I had like massive kidney infections when I was pregnant. And she's like, it could be the napps your kidney and so I'm gonna need you to go, like right now, to go get like some blood work, just like because it could be like you're saying that your kidneys are feeling So no, look where I ride my AXSS not marim.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh my god. So I'm like googling.
Speaker 2: Kidney disease and I'm like I'm giving myself one week to live. Like it's like okdating, Like it's bad. So I go and you know, it could be a few it could be my thyroid. A thyroid also causes itching if it's like a high whatever. So you see how yeah, so interesting? Uh huh. So I go, so my my levels come back, She's like, you're a little low, and like a few of the things. She's like, but nothing that causes kidney, nothing that causes thyroid, nothing that you don't have lupus. And so I'm like, okay, then what is it? Because I can not stop itching. So the other night and again I don't know if this is actually what it is, but now I'm going to go, like further look into this because I cannot figure it out. And now I'm like a month and a half in and I'm like driving myself nuts right with this itch and the take took my extension out, like maybe it's something with my extensions randomly like so I'm like I'm smart and eliminating everything. I took away every supplement, every like everything, like nothing has changed in my diet, nothing, nothing at all.
Speaker 3: So sorry scratching a life pause for a head scratch.
Speaker 2: So the other day I'm like, I see Jolie itching your head and I'm like, give me your arm. So I make an X on her arm and her arm does look at you see this, it's still a red in mine? But do you see I'm doing mine? You see my red X? Right, Yeah, it's still red. So he's been doing the same thing. So I'm very curious. So I and I'm looking at her. I was like, holy, she's got a red X. And so I text doctor Lee and I was like, not sure if these two are connected, but I'm trying to figure this out. Do you see how like long mine's still staying there though X you guys this this this episode would be called X Marx the Spot, but yeah, so anyways, so I'm like, give you it could be called if you're looking, Oh, here's just going right?
Speaker 3: I know, I'm quite can can you get too quickly? So no?
Speaker 2: So well, so what I texted Doctor Lee with and her I'm just going to tending to text it's really red?
Speaker 3: What do we have? How hard did you scratch it? I mean I did scratch it to like see you gotta like yeah, so do that one.
Speaker 2: So you keep that one? Okay, so quickly, what am I diagnosedes?
Speaker 3: What text?
Speaker 2: So I text actually and I go, she goes, how do you feeling? I go, still still itching? Scalp and the exit on my arm. My daughter said, her head scratches and her arm made an X. But maybe that's just coincidence. She goes, Oh, and maybe you guys have scabies. And I'm like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Did I get on this couch?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can promise you right now you do not remember I had it years ago.
Speaker 3: It's scaby. It's the worst thing I've ever been through in my entire life. Okay, well under your skin.
Speaker 1: I know you don't remember. I stayed home for like months.
Speaker 3: What is it? Because the name of it sounds.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, And I can promise you you wouldn't be able to sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I can't. I have to take sleeping pills because the itching. Do you would see marks? Though you would have ration stuff? I do have that. Ex Do I have this?
Speaker 2: Or is this just a human response to scratching yourself? Because I swear the well, then what is the itching?
Speaker 1: I mean it was, and again we weren't one hundred percent that that's what I had, but I mean it was the most miserable I've ever been. And I mean, you itch your entire but it's awful unless it's just getting what.
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 1: Want to look up look it up and there's like these lines that will show up on your skin.
Speaker 3: Have you never admitted that?
Speaker 2: But it was terrible, But like why would it randomly? Thank you for sharing that with us and being so authentic.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I still don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I had traveled a lot, but like nice hotels, like nothing grow not you know, whatever.
Speaker 3: What do you get? Is it like a contact thing?
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, yeah, it would have had to have been from like infected like sheets somewhere or something. But I mean I hadn't stayed anywhere or not grown you know, I hadn't who knows how, But it's it's like the most embarrassing. I was in the middle of summer. I'd go to soft baseball games and I'd wear full long sleeves.
Speaker 2: Last it was months for me. Is it perpetuated by something like? That's why I was like, have you eaten gluten? Maybe it's your body's reaction to gluten.
Speaker 3: It just wouldn't randomly happen, I feel like.
Speaker 1: But also side note to this, I'm literally dealing with the same thing with immy. This is so interesting chicking at her head seeing if there's there's no dandriff, there's no like she can't stop.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've got lasting I've been using.
Speaker 1: Like she'll be out there at tumbling and she can't stop. I'm like, you look like a dog, like sketching yourself.
Speaker 3: We looked.
Speaker 1: I looked for lice, like I literally she was like, will you just take me to a lice place and make sure, Like that's how much she's it.
Speaker 3: We have to figure this out on her.
Speaker 1: But I told her whatever shampoo she's been using, to just eliminate it, Like we're just gonna eliminate things.
Speaker 2: So I want saying, but like not working, like literally not. I'm like I don't so like if you figured it out, let me know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I get very doctor house about stuff like that. Still doesn't help. Like so it's like it's something in mine still there is you're still.
Speaker 3: And it's dry weather, So what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I have something that my body is fighting that's causing the reaction. So something is in.
Speaker 1: Having a reaction to stuff is like that's what alopecia is. It's like you're it attacks the hair follicles in your you know, your hair falls out or whatever and that's an autoimmune so it's all very similar, but we're.
Speaker 2: Both post part does that matter yours isn't really like m I'd like to do it, okay, but I just wonder if it's something to do with like our bodies getting back in balance.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but why that because my head.
Speaker 1: I know that's if we could all if someone could let us know who I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's driving me mad and I'm like, I just I can't do it. But the funny thing was, is I just, you know, just dealing with some things. And so I haven't called back Kristen. And then I said, hey, can you can you call? Can you call me? Call me back? And you run the phone right. So Monday I text her. I get nothing back. Fine, totally fine, she's in postpartum. I give grace on grace and grace right. I'm not that girl. Yesterday a facetimer because I'm like, I just want to see you, like a little visual check in. I like to get like a temperature read you know, no answer, huh. So then I send her the song I just called to say I love you, because I thought maybe she just needs to know that that's okay.
Speaker 3: Wherever she is no answer nothing.
Speaker 2: And then today quick call thought it was a butt dial though, like I missed it, but that was weird. I was working by my phone. Then I get a hey, can you call me? I call her, go straight to voicemail. I'm like, okay, alrighty, what are we dealing with? And then and then I said to sweet Christine, who's at my house, I said it's weird, and she goes, well, are you worried? And I said no, not really, because the thing with Jana is it could be, hey, can you call me? I have a scab on my toe, or you're fired from mind down, like it could be any of the things. And I just think there's not anything we can't handle.
Speaker 3: So that I call her. She's if you could.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, yeah, I got talk to something, but I might also have scabies, and she's like, oh my god, this is home.
Speaker 3: I was like, right on this, right on target.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, okay, we've we've kept it very light. Our next guest is in the waiting room, and in this one, it's so hard because I don't know what to say. She obviously lost her husband twitch to suicide over a year ago, and I knew her from It's Alison Holker Boss from Dancing with the Stars, and I knew knew I was on her season when she was on there, and it's just like, what do you even say?
Speaker 3: And so I had to be.
Speaker 2: Really like, I'll be honest, probably will cry during this episode. But I had to be like really prayerful yeah about all of this, because I, you know, like I've shared with you, had a really similar ark times in life where like that was an option in my brain. Sure, so I think that is what is It's just I don't know. I'm just I had to be like I was like, I don't know, I just was really prayerful. Well, let's take a break get around. But first I have to ask Hannah Jackie Easton, did you guys do the X and do you have an X on your arm?
Speaker 4: I did? I knew you guys. I knew you guys are doing it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, there's no screens off vaccine? Do you guys?
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 3: Is it still there? No mind thought the one you did isn't really super there. Yeah, You're just the whole.
Speaker 1: Time though you guys are talking about it.
Speaker 3: I was crashing my head.
Speaker 2: Well, I know now I feel like I have an itchy sculptor from association.
Speaker 3: All right, anyways, let's take a break and they'll get alicon on.
Speaker 4: I love how are you?
Speaker 3: I love you?
Speaker 2: I love your energy always, and I just remember when I did Dance with the Stars and you were obviously the pro that season with babyface, right, yes, And I just remember like you were just so like your energy was amazing. You were so sweet, so welcoming, and like I just really I've always like appreciated that and like you're just a beautiful soul. So thank you for always being that and sharing that with other people too.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I appreciate that you're so kind. I remember we had so much fun that season. It was really wonderful. Everyone was great. It felt like a little family was awesome. So I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're sweet. Do I start?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: It's just aggressive to say, how loud. But it's funny because I don't scroll anymore on Instagram. I kind of made a promise to myself, but if I ever see you, I always click because you're fun, your outfits are fun and you're always moving. So I'm not a dancer, but I married a dancer. Ish Pasa is not a dancer, he used. I don't know how much he would want me to share publicly. He's not like a dancer, like cool like choreographers. Wait you know, but again he's are you serious? Yeah, he's getting a text later. It's like backstreet boys, like he will pull out some moves, so we will always We always have watched you and your late husband because he was like, look at these two together, something I could never do.
Speaker 3: I can't five six seven eight to save my life.
Speaker 2: So I would always be like, well, then we can just watch them because they're amazing and beautiful.
Speaker 3: But I've always enjoyed thoroughly.
Speaker 2: Just your presence, like how much fun, how much life and light you guys have shared with your world. And we dance party at our house to mostly to shake up my own sads. I've struggled with bouts of depression a lot, actually, but we dance to get that out. But it's not nearly as choreographed and cute as you. But we do dance in our kitchen. It's a little less hot. But I've just always really appreciated your presence. And I will say this and we don't have to stay here. But I just want you to know that, like the moment I found out about the passing of your husband, it was an absolute gut punch, as I know I can't even imagine obviously, but for the rest of the world being on our side of things, it was so unexpected feeling because he is such a light. And I think that is the one thing that I wish people knew more about, was that that is always there too for people that struggle with anything that is dark, that we can dance it out and we can move and through those things. But like you, guys are so loved and you will stay so loved, And I'm just so thankful that you got to share your world with us. From my seat in the world.
Speaker 4: Thank you. That's really sweet. I appreciate everything you just said, and you know it's I wish and I hope that we can bring more awareness to mental health and make people feel more comfortable when they need to ask for help and when they need to talk something out, and making them feel seen and heard, where you're not going to be looked at different if you ask for help, and I think that's a big thing and a big stigma, specifically for men. Really that no one's going to look down on you just because you might need a little bit of an extra hug or a talk, or need to go somewhere, need to find somewhere, whatever it is that you're struggling with. I just hope that we can change that stigma and really bring awareness that having a talk with someone does not make you and make you look small or feel small to someone else.
Speaker 2: I think we as a society need to be more mindful the way we parent boys in general, just because I you know, like I don't know and parenting just the intention with parenting period. But I do agree with everything you're saying. There's a certain pressure or stigma put on them as a gender that doesn't feel fair too, and like you have to be big and brave in all the things. In reality, you're still just the person and God made you and loves you well. And I'll say too, Allison again, we're gonna we're going to go to the other side of this. But you know, I think one of the things that made me like, I like started crying the first time, like I saw you dance again and I was like, wow, like what a beautiful like she's she's she's dancing and she's moving through grief like that, and I think that gives so much to other people that are going through the same thing. And you're helping more people than you know. And and with this book you have coming out keep dancing through a boss family groove like you know, it's it's out now, people can get it. It's by you and and twitch, So when did you guys write it? What's the message through it? Because I just love all our listeners to know about it, to get the words spread it and and yeah, like when did you guys write it? And when you know? Is this when it was supposed to be released or did you hold it? Like what was kind of the whole thing?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we wrote this book back in twenty twenty one, and we wrote it because I've always had a dream of writing a children's book ever since I had my first daughter, Wesley, who's now fifteen. So this has been something I've been putting into the ecosystem and manifesting for fifteen years. And you know, work gets away from you, life gets away from you. And when we had Zia, my youngest daughter, who's now four, when we had her, I was what a brilliant time to not just you know, share our family on social media and continue to these TV shows, but really share our family's story and paper, you know, in book form, and we wanted to share a day in the life of our family. And I think it's something that's really special that the God and universe really worked with us in our favor, because it's a testament to who we were and who we will still be as a family. Because truly, honestly, this book, it just takes you through a day of our lives. And I've always been a really big manifestor I believe in affirmations, and I do all these things every single morning. And I've been teaching my children this for years. And so what the book is is the following the day in the life of each of my kids going through a struggle, and the words that we use to get them out of those struggles, and the things we've been teaching them for them to be able to lean on each other. And why I tell you all those things is because after everything happened to me a year ago, there was a lot of discussions if we even wanted to launch the book. You know, for me, there was moments of maybe I want to hold this book selfishly, just for me and the kids, and not let anyone else have it, and let it be a book that my kids can read and look back on these beautiful times and this beautiful memory that we share. Anyways, I didn't know if I wanted to hold onto it to just be something for us. And then I read the book again, and I looked at the messaging and I reread the title. All of these things were done. The book was written, the illustrations were done, the title was done. And I told Disney, I was like, this is all I can do is keep dancing through. And this is what I'm going to tell my children, and this is what Steven would want me to do, and this is what I need to do. And if I'm going to say anything to anybody that's been following my family's journey and supporting my family, and you know, people have been following my journey since I was eighteen, of following his journey since he was like you know, however, you know twenty twenty two when he first doing his shows, and they've watched us grow, and they've watched us become a family, and they've supported us and they loved us. And if I was going to say anything to anyone, I would tell them to keep dancing through. And so the reason I carried forward to bring this book and actually put it back out there in the world for one else to be able to share is because I wanted to give back and share that we can keep dancing through. And that's what I would want, and that's what I want to I'm going to do, is what I'm going to teach my children to do, and I hope to let other people know that it's okay to keep dancing through. So it's something that's really really special to my kids and something special to me. And I really know that Stephen would want this and in honor of him as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that message too, especially for people that are dealing with grief too, because you know, even our friend Kelly who lost her husband, she's like, what's the timeline? When can I like be like, it's actually I don't want to like look like I'm too HAPPI or like can I you know, it's just because I'm still grieving and I'll always be grieving. She's like, but no matter what, like you just you you dance through it, you get through it, and you're showing people that, like you can still be both and you can carry both and you can do it gracefully, and and yeah, that's that's it's it's I can't imagine it, but I love that the message that you're putting out there, because I think people would maybe feel bad for dancing or being happy, you know, or trying or you know what I mean, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Showing to the world that they're happy. Like I remember Kelly talking about that. Yeah, you know, people have an idea of what the timeline should be, right, but I'm showing something other than that.
Speaker 3: Am I not, you know, doing it right or you know whatever?
Speaker 2: I do think you I wanted to pull it up so that I wasn't miss speaking because I don't have my copy with me.
Speaker 3: But I think what was super special.
Speaker 2: I live for kids books, like I love kids books, and I think it's so special to be able to share your family with my kids, like it's just neat, you know, So thank you first of all for taking like the leap and going.
Speaker 3: I do want to share.
Speaker 2: This because it is so cool to be a mom and be able to like read different life paths with kids. You know, what I thought was really neat about it that I don't feel like you're not going to probably toot your own horn. But there's this like really sweet, rhythmic piece of it that is not a normal family that I would say is pretty exclusive to like your household. From what we have seen of you is just as like you know, followers. But there's something like like beboppy about the way it's written that I think is really special and like pretty unique to your family.
Speaker 3: And I think that is pretty cool. So tell me, does.
Speaker 2: That feel like a little bit of the like curtain pulled back to expose that piece of your family? Because to me, that's who you guys are. But I've never seen that really in a kid's book, I don't think ever.
Speaker 4: For me, that was I'm so happy that you caught that because that actually is something that we've been hoping for. Music is such a huge part of our family and how we live our lives and move through lives. We always have music playing and it kind of guides us and the emotions and the toll and the energy that my house has. And so we really wanted to have this rhythmical vibe to the book without it being about music, you know, But really having this tone that kind of follows a rhythm that it almost feels like while you're reading it, you're kind of moving back and forth with it, which is why it's you know, I'm strong, I'm smart and kind got beats around me too, you know, take some deep breaths in and out and all keep dancing through it. Kind of we wanted it to feel like it had this like motion to it in the words, and so I'm glad that you call onto that, but it is it's such an important thing for us and my kids. I mean, listen my kids their vocabulary when it comes to music. As Chef's kiss, it's beautiful, but it is true. So thank you for catching that. And we've hoped that people would feel that when they read the book.
Speaker 3: Well, it's exciting.
Speaker 2: I have a little I'm raising a little beatboxer, So that part to him is what's so cool? Is that like beat boxy, like you know, the zip zip zip zip, like whatever the toothbrushing piece of it is or whatever. Like everything to him is a song. So I think that's just pretty neat and it's just kind of fun. It's like crazy to me to connect on pages the music piece of that. We're a music family, so we try to keep music around. But I also just love silence a lot, So I feel like I'm not as jam out.
Speaker 3: As I should be, but it is.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's really a way, it's a very unique way to connect musically from something you're just reading and it's not a sing song y, you know, Like it's just a really unique way to do that. And I just truly appreciate the sharing of that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. Yeah, you know. For me with the book, it's the rhythm. But like the biggest message I hope that people realize and take away from the book is really the affirmations in it though, you know, my children every single morning, my kids, it's really like it's my favorite moment with my kids every morning. They are by saying I'm strong, I'm smart, I'm own kind, Maddox is handsome, And it's just kind of a way for us to connect. And I think it's good to instill in children confidence, encourage and talking kindly to themselves, because you talk to yourself more than anybody else's right, Like we have such inner dialogue with ourselves, you know. All the time. I'm trying to teach my children that you have to speak kindly to yourself because you can't rely on happiness from someone else. You can't rely on this from someone else. You have to do it for yourself. So I'm just trying to encourage you know, being nice and speaking highly of yourself and encouraging yourself and lifting your spirits yourself and being your your own advocate in life.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, because the world's going to beat you down and tell you that you're not and you have to be strong enough to know, okay, you know all the things that we're affirming and having our kids affirm to themselves that they're like, no, actually, I don't care that you don't like me and you're being and like, I know, I'm uwesome because since seven years old, my mom's were saying I'm enough, I'm brave, because like Jolie has in her room too, she's like, I'm brave, I'm beautiful, I'm strong, I'm kind She's like, and I am Jolie Ray. And there's a few more things like I'm enough and m every day I'm like there you go, baby, like say say it all you know so And because I don't, I don't think I got that as a kid, I was gonna ask so yeah. So I'm like to me, I'm like, I need her to know because it's like she's I don't know. This is probably awful to say, like and probably a therapist be like, that's really bad. But sometimes I look at her like, what, what did my little child? Like? She's like my almost little child, like that one that was hurt inside me. So I'm like, I gotta love her and protect her and like, you know, make sure I choose my words carefully, like what would I want as my little girl that was injured or that was wounded?
Speaker 1: Right, you know, want to hear I think we all have to do that because she didn't get Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does that is it feel like something you're passing down because you had that, or is it feel like something you wish you had more of? And so you're determined to kind of like change the narrative of your family history from here forward.
Speaker 4: The first time I ever really started playing with affirmations, I was twenty years old. It is something that I now have been doing for so long in my life, and I attest to the way I live my life through this. I do it every single morning. Every single morning, I start my day by getting ready, do my hair and makeup, and I'm talking to myself and I probably sound like a crazy hum but I'm going through all my affirmations and I'm doing it and it's meant so much to me, and it's changed my life and it's helped me through so many hard times in my life. So for me, I wanted to teach it to my kids at an earlier age so they, you know, can get through the hardest times of their life through it and with it as well. But I've been doing it for a really, really long time, and I have such a plethora and different arrangement of types of affirmations and manifestations that I say and do. The newest one with my kids that I do, though, which is, oh, it's my favorite, is I say we do the and they finish it out by saying the hard things. And I do that one because I cold plunge every morning and it's quite literally one of the hardest things I do.
Speaker 2: That's a miserable pandas and I'm like, nope, no, no. I think as we were raised in Michigan, we feel like we filled our quota, so we.
Speaker 3: Don't have to do those things anymore. Yeah, we're like, no, actually not charming.
Speaker 4: But it's it's something that I really believe in and I've seen the benefits of it, and it's well, I've been having this really hard year. I think it's a really big thing that I do it, and I'm it's been really helpful for my children as well.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I really want to do. And I am not like you just started doing this kind of an assignment.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah from Alan? Oh yeah, yeah, and this is silly. I'm forty two years old.
Speaker 2: I cannot I want to be able to be I want to be able to stand in front of a mirror and say those things.
Speaker 3: I'm not a challenge you for a week to do it. I'm going to write you what you have to say. You to read it. I all want to do it. Well, well, yeah, but I do know.
Speaker 2: It changes your frequency, it changes the way you think, the way you feel like of course, right, I just don't know why I can't get out of my own way.
Speaker 4: But that's the hard part of it, you know, is you know it's easy to say things like fleeting, but you've got to look yourself in the mirror, like that is the biggest part of it that you have to do that I sometimes think that people miss is you have to be like staring at yourself and seeing yourself and saying it to yourself in that way. And it's just a game changer, is because it you're seeing yourself, You're looking at yourself, you know. And I always say too that. I think it's also the discipline of doing it. And I know that sounds wild and like, well, you know, you're just talking and blah blah blah. But I've done it every single morning I was twenty and I'm now thirty five, and I do not I do not let it get away from me. It's I do it every single morning. So it's like the discipline and the habit of it and the act of it that's really gone me through.
Speaker 2: Love that well, Allison, thank you for coming on. Everyone get keep dancing through a Boss Family Groove by Allison Boss and Twitch. So thank you so much, appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys, Thank you, glad to be okay, Bye you guys.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: If I was here, I would start my mornings with like a boss. Like a boss, go get them girl, like a oos. Guys, that was a good episode. I'm gonna just scratch away.
Speaker 3: Scratch that we come up with an answer. Scratch that. Oh that's another one has the answer for us.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to do this on Instagram, but I didn't want we kind to get a sponsorship somewhere. What this is like a very head and shoulders moment, but it's not know but do you okay? So weather has to be a because it's a friend.
Speaker 3: I'm not dry. I'm not dry. I'm not I mean, i'm dry, but my head's not like I don't know, girl, it's weird, but apparently it's not common. And please, if you have like lines, show up, let me know. I'll look at it and see. Oh my god, I can't. Okay, we got all. We're gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a great night or day