Speaker 1: Hi, Andrew, Hi Scott. This is Serial Killers. Yeah, it's a podcast. It's a podcast. We eat cereals.
Speaker 2: Where we eat cereals.
Speaker 1: Today is Monday, October seventeenth. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Today's Monday, October seventeenth. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call this the throwaway episode. Why there's nothing exciting about it?
Speaker 2: What about those granolas that those people sent months ago?
Speaker 1: That's not going to happen on this one.
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because I've already got the three picked out over here.
Speaker 2: You keep skipping over the ones that I want to do.
Speaker 1: But I put these shows together ahead of time. I can't put these shows together. You can't you do it on the fly.
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 1: I don't watch this, No, please, Andrew, please don't. I'm begging you.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do?
Speaker 1: Because I have three it's right there, I have three already.
Speaker 2: But your whole I plan this week's in advantage.
Speaker 1: No, I'm minutes. But still yeah, so you it's what thing? Anyway? So there's lots of new great cereals on the horizon, don't have them yet. Christmas stuff coming out. There's Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer cereal from kellogs No from General Mills. And then there is the Elf on the shelf cereal from Kellogg's. That's the one when you bite into it, it tastes like a snowball or.
Speaker 2: Has the sensation. I don't want that of a snowball. I hate biting into cold things. That's not gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Do you use sensidine?
Speaker 2: I actually feel like I should because I get goosebumps even thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, and then there's the new frosted flakes that has the little blueberry circles in them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's exciting, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And there's so many new things coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: Just like when Bobby Flay was here the other day, he came into the cereal library and he said, how could you just always have cereals? And I told him, I'm like, they just keep coming out with new stuff. It just won't stop.
Speaker 2: And two years from now it's gonna be Bobby's cereal Ball and it'll start it here and we're gonna get zero credit for it.
Speaker 1: You're right, yep, he might come on an episode one day. Maybe that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, should we start? Sure you want the new one first?
Speaker 2: Have it.
Speaker 1: It is new. I mean it's not exciting, but it's new. Would you like to try it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's from Quaker, So how exciting could it be?
Speaker 2: I like Quaker?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When's your dad coming in? He could have done this one. We've been talking about that for years.
Speaker 2: Damn. Anyway, missed opportunity. Oh that one's fun, is it?
Speaker 1: Though? It's a heavy box.
Speaker 2: Puffed granola with blueberry. Oh I'm gonna love this, you think so? Yeah? I love it? Nueva.
Speaker 1: Can you read what it is?
Speaker 2: Puffed granola blueberry? I said it?
Speaker 1: Read it again?
Speaker 2: Okay, Quaker puffed granola blueberry vanilla flavor with other natural flavors.
Speaker 1: So what's in here? So there's puffed granola and oats and blueberries, real blueberries. Yeah, I'm gonna shake it now. Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Shake your box?
Speaker 1: Where's the other one? Though?
Speaker 2: You never see the man with the box looking your thing.
Speaker 1: It's gone already, Okay. The thing is when you don't when things are dormant for too long, they just they erase themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, that sucks that you didn't send it to me. This is heavy.
Speaker 1: I'm that's seventeen. That's seven don't do that, you'll break the box. Okay, hey guys, it's Elvis and Nate. Everybody speak any guys. So this is seventeen ounces. Okay, do you know how much it weighs in pounds? Twelve ounces in a pound? No pounds, it's not, Nope, twelve there's sixteen ounces in a pound. So it is sixteen one one ounce. And you've been out of school a lot less a shorter time than I have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was not good at math, or said that on multiple occasions.
Speaker 1: Well, those are weights and measurements.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wasn't good at those either. There's still stuff you gotta do.
Speaker 1: It smells like cereals we've had before. It's that blueberry kind of fake blueberry smell, even though it is real blueberry.
Speaker 2: Oh, it smells delicious.
Speaker 1: Right, look at those blueberries, ye, look at them, Look at berry. Come on, you look at the box and you think you're getting nice, plump, fresh, beautiful blueberries. Take one of those out of there.
Speaker 2: If you actually look at the back, it shows you they are that small. That's it. It's that small. It's a little speck.
Speaker 1: Enlarged image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this smell is delicious. I can't wait for this one with milk. I already can tell this is going to be at least four bowls for me. Yeah, but we need more blueberries, Okay, but we have to work with what we've got.
Speaker 1: So today we're using skim plus great love it lactose Fra lactose free, so no poop on the wall.
Speaker 2: I really think I need to switch. Yeah, I don't think I can do the lactose anymore. My stomach fat pill free.
Speaker 1: But it has a creamy taste. Cool ready one and you want to get wait, do you want to give the blu rayes a second to kind of Oh? Look, look at the milk. It's turning blue? See that?
Speaker 2: Why don't they advertise that?
Speaker 1: Well, because it's not a kid cereal.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It turns milk blue. Adults would love that.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not a selling point for it. No, dear, Not'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, dude. Is that your opinion?
Speaker 1: Mister Quaker is not selling adult cereal as it turns mouth blue.
Speaker 2: Adult cereal also sounds wrong. Hm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: We've definitely had similar cereals. That is, it is pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, absolutely delicious, absolutely or just pretty good absolutely delicious huh, five balls.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: What I love this cereal? So you would actively seek this cereal? Would I would like to take that home? I will have that this weekend. Yeah. Sometimes I just really like the taste of something. It's like, I don't know, it almost says like a blueberry cobbler.
Speaker 1: Puffed brown rice, whole grain oats, freeze, dried fruit.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to say something about that. What when I said, tastes like a blueberry cobbler. No, cobblers are really made out of I don't know, flugenberries.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, you're right, it does.
Speaker 2: Wow, what are you giving it?
Speaker 1: Four balls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is delicious. It's good if you see this in the store. No, we should start doing We should send this to scott We should have like a recommend section.
Speaker 1: This whole podcast is about recommends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think we should make it easier for people, Like this month, Scotty recommends trying this one. Out of all the cereals we tried that month, we pick one to say, like, this is our recommendation for the month.
Speaker 1: Or if they just listen, they hear when that's over, three balls, we recommend it just saying.
Speaker 2: Or for social media purposes. What we should do is say that this is Scotty's pick for the choice of the month, this is Andy's pick for choice of the month, instead of listen.
Speaker 1: And then a clickable link to that episode.
Speaker 2: Sure, Scott, a clickable link. I'll make sure to you arel hyperlink it just for you, Sport.
Speaker 1: You have to h TTPs backslash.
Speaker 2: No, I will just for you, Scott. I love this one. This, This would be an Andy recommends cereal and it would be bet the bottom.
Speaker 1: He really should we take that picture now? He Okay, Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get our pictures taken.
Speaker 1: Oh, we are. We're gonna get it. We're getting a professional picture from cycle Phil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the two of us are gonna we should do back to back. No, it can't be a cheesy This whole podcast cheesy. I don't know what podcast you've been listening to or been on, dude, but this is a cheese fest. We literally have theme songs that where you it's scutty shake, Shake, shake your box. It's a cheesy podcast. I can't come to terms with it. You need to come to terms with this is not groundbreaking news. We're not hard hitting like action packed. We're not modern in sleek. You're a forty six year old man. I'm a thirty two year old man. We're eating cereal on a podcast, but it's just call it what it is.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's just one of those stereotypical radio wacky pictures. I don't want that. Let's let's do something nice. You're right me modern? Well, I wanted posing with the cereal. I wanted to I want to do yes, they do wow?
Speaker 2: Am I behind the box? I want in front of the box? Where am I?
Speaker 1: I was hoping maybe some one of our friend listeners with a three D printer would go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com and the Cereal box picture that's right there at the top. Print that out for us in three D. I want to hold that. That's cool holding our logo as a Cereal box.
Speaker 2: What we're not cheesy like that? Can someone print a box so we can hold it and smile with it on camera?
Speaker 1: Well, you want to do like a back to back thing? Thumbs up?
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do some fun, but I want to do some actual, like good pictures that we can be proud of.
Speaker 2: The way you phrase things is so uh it's like a again, it's it's the crab sandwich. Yeah, we could do it, but I want good pictures, ones that we could actually use. Okay, what we'll do lots of different ones. You said he's only taking three though what I heard you say? He can tell you three pictures in the I'll be great.
Speaker 1: Then I'll move on.
Speaker 2: When did you make No? Somebody I heard someone say that. Who it was going to be quick. Yeah, it is going to be quick. Who said, yeah, not three pictures? I don't know who told you that?
Speaker 1: Whatever, You're right for the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh I was wrong.
Speaker 1: No, somebody said that. I heard it in the speaker.
Speaker 2: Next Cereal this is I thought this was said taco bake, and I got excited.
Speaker 1: No, I found that in one of the.
Speaker 2: House bakes, Trailblazer Granola, DK chocolate and toasted coconut, Toasted coconut and dark chocolate kick like a bucking Bronco. What the hell is this? Do you know where Tows is in New Mexico?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went snowa building there with the family at Towers the Mountain Wine.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's great.
Speaker 1: So I saw that in the store. I was like, oh my god, we've been there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you went recently. I'm like thinking to myself, like, when did you go to New Mexico?
Speaker 1: Here Elvis's house when I drove out there at that time. I know we went to Tows.
Speaker 2: I know I was going to say, but you haven't been there recently? So how long was I thinking? This is Cinna the relative? No, no, no, I got it in a story here? Fine, hold on, I'm not gonna play a cheesy jingle.
Speaker 1: But it's not a box here you go, it's not a box.
Speaker 2: Bag bag his bag? Ow you're hitting me with your bag while I'm playing a non cheesy jingle.
Speaker 1: Guessnbbie Gibson. There's nothing cheesy about.
Speaker 2: Her, nothing cheesy. Nothing cheesy about this podcast.
Speaker 1: No gluten, no filler's, no worries, no brainer. You're wearing a cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: He's a cute mascot. I like him.
Speaker 1: All right. There's some big pieces in here.
Speaker 2: So this is where did you buy this? I want to hear the backstory.
Speaker 1: It was either like I don't know. I honestly don't know. It was the organic healthy section of some supermarket. I'm sorry, I don't recall I should have marked it down I don't remember where I got this, but it was a regular supermarket. It wasn't like a Whole Foods or something, because I won't shop there. I have a thing with Whole. I just don't like it. Okay, I'm sorry. Waiting for the Amazon Fresh to open and it's just taking them forever.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you the Whole Foods that's supposed to come to Jersey City. We're on year three. Now, where's there room for that? So over by the path tree near Exchange Place, Oh, where it's been saying coming soon in the past three years. Where over there there used to be It's connected to a giant parking garage and they have put a sign that says coming soon Whole Foods for three years and when you look inside it's still yeah. Okay, I mean these are giant clusters. I don't love that.
Speaker 1: It's really crunchy.
Speaker 2: I don't love it.
Speaker 1: It tastes weird for a second, but then I like it. I get the coconut, no, I think's pretty good. I think it's more of a snack though.
Speaker 2: Does just have.
Speaker 1: There's a really big pieces. It's like someone broke up a cliff bar.
Speaker 2: Hold up, Okay, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Cocoa powder. The salt, I'm gonna say it tastes very salty.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a it's a broken up granola bar. Is what it is? Dark chocolate, toasted coconut. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like the mascot. I'm gonna so in that regard. I support, but I am gonna give this two bowls. It's just not for me, and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it four balls. I enjoy it. Tows Bakes, Trailblazer granola, dark chocolate, toasted coconut.
Speaker 2: What I would like to say is that if they had other flavor do okay, I'd be interested in trying those.
Speaker 1: Toasted coconut and dark chocolate kick like a bucking bronco.
Speaker 2: I said that, did you?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should listen to me.
Speaker 1: That's a good tagline. The milk looks I do. I just got a granule of salt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very like. I could taste the salt and I wasn't a fan of that. I wonder what other ones they have. I'm very interested. This was the most exciting, Like I would want to do a different from them.
Speaker 1: Read that one giddy up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the flavor fact.
Speaker 1: It's good. I'm super Oh we're gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: Oh we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Giddy up and we're back.
Speaker 2: Just have to get your last word in.
Speaker 1: No, I was reading the bag. I'm super excited for the next one. I thought you said this was a me episode. Well it is so until now okay, and I say, man, I just said, I said not underwhelming. What word did I use? Throw away? I said, the throwaway episode? Can you drain me home today? I can't. I have a cardiologist appointment in a little while. That's why I meaning granola today. I know, Well, I have to keep my my pressure down. What is it?
Speaker 2: We have an event tomorrow, so I have to make sure everything is all set.
Speaker 1: Howd that event go? It was? That was today on Saturday? Right?
Speaker 2: It wasn't. And I'm stressing a little bit because of it. Why because there's a lot of details that go in.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Listen, anything that you ever organized, will put together or help out with or whatever always goes fine and wonderful because you appreciate that you truly are great at what you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I rise you and I'm an asshole to you. But I love you. I love you too, and I think everything you do is great. And you know, I'm very happy that I don't know that I'm with you. Okay, thank you Scott. Anyway, I'm getting for clemped. This is Aphrodite Cereal. Do you remember? Come on, you loved her name, the whole thing you saw the Yes? Do we have international?
Speaker 2: Uh? Huh? Serial killers international?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you were so excited for this one. This is one heavy ass box country store. When boxes are heavy, they're usually full of goodness. I mean, listen to this ready, that's heavy.
Speaker 1: It's more of an effect if you do it this way. See. Okay, this is from Ireland. It's Kellogg's Country Store, whole grain, no artificial call ores or flavors. Okay. And there's all kinds of crud in here.
Speaker 2: Is it British?
Speaker 1: No, it's from Ireland.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: There's so many different languages on the back that I.
Speaker 2: Wish we had a name for that, because then they could do his Irish accent, nath is a really good Irish accent. That one I don't know how to do. Can you do a good Irish accent? No, not at all Top of the Morning in Turia.
Speaker 1: Distributed by that's not good. It was produced in Poland. It was made in Poland, and then it's distributed all over the place with different languages. So according to the store, it looks like there's hazel nuts and those would be fresh raisins, as Greg T would say, they're grapes, apples, wheat, corn and Oh.
Speaker 2: Speaking of speaking of Greg T, how many people reached out to you about the chip episodes?
Speaker 1: So many?
Speaker 2: It was hysterical.
Speaker 1: It was great. If you haven't seen yet, go to our YouTube page and check out the last bowl chat. It's pretty freaking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to say, he really did pee his pants.
Speaker 1: That's not what I wanted.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 1: I gotta shake the box again?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: But the sound Garden one.
Speaker 2: Send it to me?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't I send it to you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You told me. Yeah, I'm so excited Kellogg Countries. Look at that. If you walked into this store, Andrew, you'd be elated.
Speaker 2: Look at it. So I will say the design is past I love it, this box art. I commend whoever at Kellogg's International made this Poland. The Polish people know what they're doing with the box art.
Speaker 1: I want to go into this country store. Hold up, before we open it, what what happened?
Speaker 2: Foil bag? Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, no, it's it's it's more waxy paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Nah, that's just a bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's yes, but it has yes. Boy, it's like I don't know how to explain it. It's like dusty because the oats are not cooked. I don't think that is that's that's a lot. Like I almost feel like you're supposed to cook this.
Speaker 2: That is that is a lot.
Speaker 1: It's almost like opening a packet of Quaker instant oatmeal and just eating it.
Speaker 2: That's yeah. That did you see the dust I did?
Speaker 1: That's so weird. It's like this. I hope this cereal is not supposed to be cooked or maybe supposed to use hot milk. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that actually sounds good. Hot milk in this because it's like oatmeal. Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I wondered, like there's no instructions on it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that is interesting. You get a lot for your spoon, I'll tell you that. Much like every time you pick it up, you're getting different things like this one. I have raisins and apples, and.
Speaker 1: That's so bland. I think we're doing something wrong. It tastes like raw oats, right, feel like I'm telling you, it's like we tore open a package of instant oatmeal and we're just eating it with milk. Something's not right. There's gotta be some directions on here, but it's an Arabic. I can't read it.
Speaker 2: Can I see?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're doing something wrong, Andrew, Yeah, but look but the spoon has just milk on it.
Speaker 2: In the in the ingredients consumer service, I think I think we did the right thing.
Speaker 1: I don't taste any sweetness at all.
Speaker 2: How can I like a thing that's claiming it's a country store and has all of these things in it, and all I'm tasting is straight up oats. Let me do another spoonful talk I strapped on a feedbag, right, you do it?
Speaker 1: I gotta wait till I clear my mouth. Else just spray it all over it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a good horse.
Speaker 1: I don't do the nay, I do the other thing. Yeah, I knew that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear yours. Wait, who is that, mister ed who?
Speaker 1: How do you know that it was black and white? I think we talked about that before. Wilbur. I would have given you one hundred dollars if you told me Wilbur. Who's Wilbur the pig? No, that was his owner, Wilbert Post. His last name was post Cereal. Whoa a horse has a horse? Of course, of course, And no one could talk to a horse, of course I've heard that. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous mister Ed. Go right to the source and ask the horse. He'll give you the answer that you indoors. He's always on a steady course.
Speaker 2: Talk to mister Ed.
Speaker 1: He put yacket, the yacht, the streak and waste your time of day. But mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say. No, I don't know why I remember that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I have no idea that what show was from the fifties.
Speaker 2: How is it that even with the fruit, it still has hoots? I don't so. Here's what I like?
Speaker 1: Where's the apples?
Speaker 2: This is where it's controversial.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's controversial.
Speaker 2: This to me tastes better than this. I do not want to try this again. But like, if you put this in front of me, it's bland for sure. But I'd rather eat this than that.
Speaker 1: The thing is, if you don't get a raisin on the spoon, it's no blot boats. Yeah, I don't taste any hazel nuts at all. No, I taste no apples that mediety. I appreciate the effort, but I mean, I know you didn't make it. It was very exciting to see, but it's just weird. And where's the corn.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give this two balls in a spoon because I expired.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it didn't.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's bad, it's just that it's bland.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I want to love it more because it really is an exciting box, but falls flat for me.
Speaker 1: I still would like to walk into this country store. I will also give it two balls in a spoon. Yeah, yeah, what're you gonna do? Yeah, it's not our fault. It's not our fault. Do you want to wait?
Speaker 2: You were gonna do your horse? Do your horse?
Speaker 1: Oh, but I'm gonna spray oats all over the place.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I get a practice. I told you I was gonna spray. Oh, it's in my mouth. When I do that, we'll go all over the place. Isn't your mouth still full of.
Speaker 2: Or did you just like swallow the food the minute you put it in your mouth?
Speaker 1: Don't you still have oates like in the side of your mouth.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let me try. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do another boxway? Don't do something else.
Speaker 2: It's twenty one minutes already. We could fit another episode and if we end now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't have anything. I don't have any exciting new things.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: We can do it an international episode next.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you all so much for listening. We appreciate you. Go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com to check out all the rankings. Who knows I need to flesh out this? Uh Andrew and Scott recommends once a month thing.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, the Spoonies are coming soon. I know we're gonna have to start getting voting ready.
Speaker 2: We have to get the red carpet ready.
Speaker 1: No, we have to please, there's no red carpet. It's not an actual award show.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just go with the bit. The first time we did it, we The second time we did it, we pretended we were announcers. We had special guests. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Now as a fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that because you put a piece of paper over it intentionally. Next, what go back and rewatch the video? Okay, people have said Scott put that there. And you're also doing your lie face? What you have a bad lie face? Just as an FYI, when you like you kind of do this like kind of looks like maybe you're about to like poop your pants. It's very obvious you're a weirdo. I'm just saying, I call it. I can see it all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platform serial Killers pee see dot no square, No, there's no dots on social media. We'll see you next week. We'll see it Wednesday with an all new ball chat Monday with the serial Killers. Maybe we won't do a ball chat. I don't know, because you haven't been like like uber into it lately.
Speaker 2: Scott, Why do you do this? You shouldn't just be subtly shady, subtly shady Scottie, Oh my god, the triple s.
Speaker 1: I like this housing.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I gotta stop eating cardiologists. It's great milk though, chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: Great love that for you.
Speaker 1: Have a good day. We'll see it until we see you next time. Take crunch, Andrew, crunch. Should I do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Swallow?
Speaker 1: I can't do it. It's canna take me too long.
Speaker 2: What if you do? A horse?
Speaker 1: Where are the cups? We don't have them the cups. Nay, they don't do that. They don't even say nay. Yes they do, but they don't. Yes they do. It's real. I don't. I don't know. It's like not neay.
Speaker 2: Horses nay.
Speaker 1: I know what it sounds like, but it doesn't really sound like nay. You know.
Speaker 2: Hold please?
Speaker 1: Can we stop it?
Speaker 2: Hold? No, I'm going to play a horse naying please? Hold?
Speaker 1: What can we stop? Please? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Horse? Nay? Sound effect?
Speaker 1: What do you just happened in the box?
Speaker 2: Why would I load it in the box?
Speaker 1: You never know when we might need a horse?
Speaker 2: I don't know. First of all, can I say one thing? It's getter? I don't want to. I want to know who called it geteer? Go it? Yeh, that's a name.
Speaker 1: It's a name that's also like a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like screaming bye