Speaker 1: What's that happens spooky? Hey, juky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I said.
Speaker 1: Nandas.
Speaker 3: Please Hey boo, it's me Ros and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal.
Speaker 1: I said just here at the beginning of the year that this year I'm going to start occasionally bringing on people that aren't necessarily my wacky show business friends to laugh about the silliness of the other side. And today's one of those examples. I have on two people that I have never met before, but they have a new documentary film. It is called It's Coming, and it is well, it's coming, honey. It's different than most ghost hunting type things that we've all seen in the in the sense that it's done by a filmmaker who doesn't work in that world, and he's essentially just documenting for months what it's like to be one of these families that lives in a place where stuff happens all the time, and the stresses that come with that and the daily activity of it. And so when I talk to him, he said, you know, it's a portrait. I think it's a great word. Is a portrait of a family that is in a situation where there are spirits in the house, and so I think it's I think it's a really interesting approach. And I got to talk to the filmmaker and the mother of the family, and the activity is really based around her. So that's what you have to look forward to today. Before we get to that, let me read you a ghost story. This one comes from a listener named Jeanette. Jeanette writes, for several years, I commuted to and from work on a bike, and that commute took me across the Golden Gate Bridge twice a day. They say that Golden Gate Bridge is haunted. The bridge is open to cars and cyclists twenty four to seven, but pedestrians are only allowed during daylight hours. During dusk, though, there's a bit of overlap where there are some pedestrians still lagging on the bridge, but the gates only open to let them off or let people with bicycles on. I spent a lot of time on that bridge by myself at night, as during the winter months it was always dark when I finished work. The Golden Gate Bridge is well known for its beautiful views and architecture, and is a popular attraction for tourists in San Francisco, but sadly, it also has a reputation for being a quite popular final destination for those who have found life to be too much. Oh my god, listen, there's a documentary about that. I do not recommend anybody watch it. I watched it probably a decade ago, and its very heavy. Okay, back to Jeanette. Jeanette says, I have definitely felt a mix of emotional energy on that bridge day and night. But on one particular night, the fog was hanging over the water in such a way that you could see the reflection of the city on the water, but you couldn't see the actual city, and it was so thick you couldn't see the bridge more than about twenty five meters overhead either. As I rounded the bridge suspension tower on the city side of the bridge, I saw a guy standing looking out into the fog. This was really odd because it had been dark for some time and he didn't have a bike. I suppose he could have been a straggler, but usually the bridge patrol would have cleared the bridge of pedestrians by that hour, but who knows at any rate. I stopped next to him and I said, isn't it cool how you can see the reflection of the city on the water. He said he hadn't really noticed, but now that I pointed it out, he said, it is cool. I responded by pointing out, that's just a reminder that there is a lot out there on the other side of the fog. Something I couldn't even imagine was coming out of my mouth. But here we were, he said, I suppose you are right. I told him I had to get home and to have a good night, and then I pushed off on my bike. Something made me look back over my shoulder, and dude was gone. There was no way that he could have disappeared that fast without sprinting lightning fast, nor could he have hopped the railing. But I did look over just in case, and there was no sign of him. As I was riding home that night, I had the strange feeling of sadness and peace that I can't really explain. I wondered if that had happened at all. I still don't know if I imagined it, but I get goosebumps whenever I think about it. Oh myshhh. Well, thank you Jeannette so much for sending that a love a San Francisco story. And one thing I didn't even mention, as annoying as I am about it, this conversation that we're about to have is a New York City Brooklyn story. Hello, let's get into it. Here is my conversation with filmmaker Shannon Alexander and Ashley Rowland White, the subject of the new film It's Coming and with the show. Oh my goodness. We are joined right now by Ashley and Shannon. Hello. Hello, how are you.
Speaker 2: We're good? Happy to be here cold, We're good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is you're You're in the house right, the house, yes, okay, Aculey's.
Speaker 4: House, Yes, where it takes place, where the documentary was shot.
Speaker 1: And this is in New York City, right.
Speaker 2: This is Brooklyn, New York. Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That's always I'm always staying in Brooklyn. Like I go to Brooklyn a couple of times a year. So, like, one of these things that we always talk about in this podcast is how we never get good New York ghost stories. So that's one of the biggest reasons why I'm so excited about talking to you, because you haven't actively haunted home. I mean, is it still is it still haunted?
Speaker 2: It's pretty much the same. I'm just learning how to navigate a little better, you know, ignoring certain things, taking a break from here when I need to. It's hard to just get up and leave because I run business from here, so it's I'm dealing with it. But there's certain times where it is it's okay for a little while.
Speaker 5: But it's not just the house. It's definitely not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's me myself, so it is it doesn't really matter where I go.
Speaker 1: Basically, right, because this is something that started young for you, right, and it's all connected. It's the same, you know, it's started as a child, and now you still have that present more presences like what's what's the stories?
Speaker 2: So basically, spirits surround me period. Some of them are ones that I've seen since I'm younger. Some of them I've never seen. I see them so much that most of the time when I do see them, I try to, you know, just ignore it. But it does get a little hard because some spirits I feel like when I ignore them, they make their presence known by throwing things or you know, causing embarrassment. When I have company over. So it's that type of thing. But I've been seeing spirits since eleven and it's been normal since eleven.
Speaker 1: Do you identify as like a psychic, you know, medium.
Speaker 2: I honestly never did because I don't think I ever thought that deep into it. I think when you're as young as I was, you just start to think that this is this is normal for me. I didn't start to think of myself as any type of medium until I started to, you know, help people that were going through or lost someone in their lives. And you know, as far as like communication, you know, given messages. That's when it kind of rang in my head. But I still, you know, didn't take it too seriously. But spirit gives me a message for someone, I'll give it, but I haven't made it, like, you know, my business to go out and try to.
Speaker 1: Do that right. Because it started with you were saying in the documentary a person appeared to you that looked like Kevin from the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 2: I did you know what? I had to be honest, Okay, when we were filming, I was asked to describe what the entity looked like. So Kevin used to wear these long black Jackets when he had the longer hair. Yes, and it was the only thing that stuck out because ever since I've seen this entity, I've always said that to myself, like, from the back, it looks like Kevin So yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you saw him. You didn't see his face.
Speaker 2: Though, No, his face is always just you know, dark and kind of faded a little bit. But from the back, I can see full body, and that's exactly what you know it would look like from the back. Now, some of them I see just like I see you and me. But that entity and some other entities I see as dark.
Speaker 1: Figures, and that one is still around. Yes, wow, Wow.
Speaker 4: That might be Astley's spirit God who's being with her her whole life since she was eleven up to this point. Here intimately comes in and out of your life.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I'm not really sure if he's a spirit guide, to be honest, I just know he's the first one I've seen in one I see quite often. And it's confusing because sometimes I do see that entity right before something bad is gonna happen. You know, Sometime I feel like it's a warning because most of the time when I see this entity, he just stands there. So and when he stands there, it's like telepathically, like he's trying to tell me something. And there's been a few times in my life where it was, you know, I was needed to avoid something and I ended up doing that because I had seen that entity. So but it's still scary. So that's why I think I'm confused as far as like, do I spirit guide not a spirit guide type of thing.
Speaker 4: He has helped you in a lot of instances with your health a couple.
Speaker 1: Well that's good. I mean, so it sounds like he's not one of the ones to look out for like you have you have worse.
Speaker 2: No. Originally, when I was younger, I thought so, But as I got older, No, I don't think so. I've seen much worse.
Speaker 1: So how many are we talking? Like, how how many are there that are reoccurring spirits reoccurring?
Speaker 2: If you want me to give your account reoccurring, I would say there's four.
Speaker 1: Okay, for that I.
Speaker 2: Would see, And I don't mean like an everyday basis, but when things are very stressful in my life, I'm just going through a lot of chaos, they always appear. So I would say at least four and for the most part, I see spirits who I've never met before. I call them pastors, people who have passed away, people that have been in accidents, and things of that nature. But you know, I don't particularly know them, never seen them before. In the living world. I see sometime. I would feel like more people in the afterlife world than I do here.
Speaker 1: So and you're talking like walking down the street or they like come visit you in your home.
Speaker 2: Well, most of the time I see okay outside. I have seen some outside that I'm mistaken for regular people, until later on, maybe days later, I would see the same entity in my house or in a hotel. I travel a lot, so I get that too. I really don't know how to explain why. I've been asking myself forever why if it's if I could cut it off sometime I would. But I can literally just be sitting home watching TV and see two people just walk right past like they're not in my house, you know. And it became normal to the point where I just ignored it until my kids started to see it. That's when it kind of got uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Did you have, like any other relatives besides yourself that had this stability or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say the exact ability as in seeing full body apparitions like I do. But my mother does get a lot of premonitions, and she'll get premonitions about, you know, someone passing away or something about to happen. And I can tell you that she's never been wrong. So I would say, you know, in a way, she's spiritually connected in that way, but just not I don't think she she doesn't have the abilities I have to actually see and speak to them and you know, do that.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because, like I mean, but that's what's so difficult is to wrap your head around because like you also are getting physical manifestation, like things are moving, things are happening that aren't just you guys are sort of seeing things that you know are in your mind's eye or however you want to look at it. You're actually like they're actually something going on.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, when your child comes to you and says a matter of fact, I'll say, like this, when your child describes the exact same entity that you've been seeing or that you've just seen five minutes ago, down to the tee or spirits call my name a lot, so my son started coming to me saying, who is that calling you? So that's when I figured out that, Okay, not only is he seeing the exact same people I'm seeing, he's hearing what I'm hearing. He'll even come and get me sometimes to say, Ma, there's someone standing in the living room. You know, I know that they're deceased, but can you tell me what you see to see? If we see the same thing? And we do.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you have other relatives that just never told you thought about that.
Speaker 2: That's so weird you said that because I literally thought about that, because if you think about it, this is not something that I think people feel comfortable talking about all the time. Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe they just they just don't me personally. Growing up, people that were in my family, they definitely knew that I could see what I could see, but I wouldn't take it like outside the family because I didn't want to see, you know, nuts or anything like that. So I thought about it. Maybe they just never talked about it.
Speaker 1: So what changed?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What made you be like, Okay, I'm going to tell people about this.
Speaker 2: Okay. So when this originally started, it was supposed to be about sleep, aaralysis because I do suffer from that, and I feel like I suffer from sleep paralysis because the spirits they interact with me, they won't let me sleep, They keep me up some nights. So when I was trying to explain just that part of it, things started happening while we were filming. They were throwing things, knocking things over. So I think I got to the point where I just told Shannon, like, listen, this is gonna sound weird, but spirits follow me. My house is haunted, and reality I'm haunted. So that's how we worked, you know, That's how it ended up turning into that direction.
Speaker 4: And then two of the children backed up everything actually was saying when I first met Ashley in the family, and I spoke to Javier, who was seven at the time.
Speaker 5: And then her eldest daughter, Selena, who.
Speaker 4: Was like thirteen, She was thirteen, and then they they second everything that actually was saying and had spoken about seeing things themselves, and I realized that's where the story is. It's not really about well I initially planned, this is about a family inundated with these entities in the middle of Brooklyn somewhere. So that's what we went with.
Speaker 2: You can imagine you're going to someone's house and all these things are happening. At a certain point that person has to say something. So, you know, because I never planned to get that in detailed, what they were making me. The spirits were making me get into detail because they kept We had to stop recording a few times because you know, things were happening. So once I explained it to them, I said, you know, it's nothing to worry about. They're not going to hurt you, but this is what's going on.
Speaker 5: You did say they didn't like me though, didn't not want the cameras there.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't. I don't think they liked him, but I don't think the entities that reside around me liked that I was speaking about what I was speaking about. I think because I had never spoke about it before, unless it was just family, that they probably said, well, what is she doing? Is she just telling everything? And I guess I was.
Speaker 1: Have you like talk to them since the documentary has been out? Yeah, do they know that they are now, you know, movie stars.
Speaker 2: I haven't had that exact conversation, but I have had two of them tell me that, you know, everybody might not take well to it, people are gonna think you're nuts, you know, that type of negativity to make me, you know, maybe stop in my tracks and don't proceed anymore. Mm.
Speaker 4: That has happened, right, people have been saying, I mean most it was being positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to you know, they were giving me warnings about how people would proceed it. And then after that, I actually did get weird emails, you know, text messages from different people. I don't even know how they got my number, but saying that the church wouldn't like what I'm doing. I shouldn't speak about spirits and any spirit that you come across as what do they call them, familiar spirits? So I was told that all spirits are bad and I shouldn't be you know, engaging that. Yeah. Someone said I was being watched too. That was weird.
Speaker 1: See, all that kind of stuff is always gonna happen if you do anything paranormal. I've been doing this podcast podcast for six years and I have had, like I've I've had so much of that. And you encounter a lot of people that are one hundred percent convinced that they know what all these things are and they're either going to save you or just start running their mouths at you whatever it is. But they're like, how our demons those are what? I don't know, Yeah, it just happens. Or they'll just say you're making it up, you're crazy. Whatever, it happens, no matter what. But there's also a lot of people that don't feel that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're gotta have tough skin to talk about it, because it's one of those things where you know, like we're saying, people might think you're nuts. So you know, every time I do an interview or anything, in the back of my mind, I'm like, people are gonna think I'm crazy, But I can only tell you that this is my life and this is what I've been going through since eleven, so it's nothing new. I think people find it more intriguing than I do myself, because it's happening to me, you know, on a normal basis. But for those people who did see it and we're skeptics and said to me, wow, I don't think I'm a skeptic anymore. I mean, you know, that's good in a way.
Speaker 1: I mean, see that's that that would be my temptation, would be like to round up all those haters and be like, then come over, We're gonna do everybody, come over here and I'll show you.
Speaker 5: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, Shannon, did you believe in this kind of stuff when you started? And where are you at with all that?
Speaker 5: I didn't disbelieve it.
Speaker 4: I was open, but I had a healthy amount of skepticism going into it when I was speaking to it Ashley initially, but then all the odd experiences definitely added up to me forming my opinion of Ashley's testimony and the kids and really believing them pretty early on. And I just think it's really difficult for kids to lie at such a sophisticated level as the way the kids came across. So I just didn't think that they were capable of it. With the questions I was asking and hanging out with them for that period of time six seven, eight months.
Speaker 5: Or whatever, it was.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: So I completely hardly.
Speaker 2: Believed and they weren't. Originally it was just me and him originally, you know, it was my getting my perspective on things. So when we would take breaks, you know what you have to do, you know, the kids would be around, So just in conversation, you know, my kids are like, yeah, that's normal here, I mean around us, this is we always, you know, have those type of encounters. And they had the same attitude like I did, you know, likes it's normal.
Speaker 4: And it was the physical things we recorded early on, like the shadows running across, dancing from one side of the front to the other that we had seen down that hallway that actually and the kids mentioned where they were seeing these figures and shadows, and we saw literally shadows being captured while we were filming. But then after the fact, when I was editing, sifting through the footage and I came across things, the fire brigade came because I was that odd odor, the microphans, the microphone stands falling over, almost as though they were attacking. Actually, all these physical things would happen, lots of lights and electrical objects cutting in and out when I would enter the house, and things. It's just the combination of too many things that really really swayed me in a particular direction. But now, I'm not from a paranormal background. My background is in filmmaking. I was just open to the idea of people with sleep issues, and then it just evolved from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where did that come from? How did you own.
Speaker 4: My own problems with I mean, I can sleep, but I'm more of a knot person. A nod out quote unquote, Sorry, I just had difficulties sleeping.
Speaker 5: I was just interested in.
Speaker 4: People had in so many or sleep prowls or clan to have these experiences, so that I didn't know what I wanted to do with it at the time. I just wanted to investigate it. And then this this project just unfolded really organically. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think very organically because it went a whole other direction than what we were originally doing.
Speaker 4: Totally, but we went with it and it became what it became.
Speaker 2: And we've had We did Q and a's also, you know, leading up to the release, and we did live interviews where the interviewer would come to the house and almost everyone that came things happened. We had one come and there's a guy named James. He's an entity that's usually around my house. He yelled. The entity yelled, and the other person heard it in real time like I did, and well we all did. The group Yeah, yeah, they were like, oh my god, did you hear that? And for the first time, I'm like, okay, So people are hearing what I'm what I'm going for.
Speaker 5: Also, the people on the zoom would hear it.
Speaker 4: On the other end, you picking up on people's yeah, crying and and reading into what they were going through.
Speaker 6: And the cords, the cables on the ceiling that were flickering, a lot of odd voices that everyone who partook in the zoom was saying first time in real time.
Speaker 4: So your idea was about having people over for a little U don't know experience would be crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean that's yeah, it's very intimate to have people in your home and you've got kids and stuff. But I always just I just want to shut those people up. I just want those people to see something that they'll never forget. Do you feel right now that there's like anybody in the room with you.
Speaker 2: Well, there's one girl. Her name is Emily, and she's always here so that I I can't say I don't count her, but she's just always around, so yes, okay, and she's just chilling and we've been conflicted. I've told other people about her, and some people said, well, do you really think it's a child, Because you do know that entities, bad entities, can you know they can take on any shape or anything they want to try to fool you. This particular entity I know is a child because I ended up doing just my own research once she started coming around and found out that she died in a car accident at seven years old.
Speaker 1: Oh you found a real person.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did. This was a real child. She died at seven years old in a car accident. And the thing is, this entity told me that, but I decided let me go do a little research. You know, we live in a digital era now, and I was able to find her death. So this entity is a child, and I really don't mind her being around. She's never shown any aggression or anything, you know, where I would be nervous or paranoid about.
Speaker 1: So is she attached to this apartment or.
Speaker 2: Is she No, she's attached to me for some reason. Okay, still haven't figured that out. It's been h five years that she's been you know, she comes around, especially when I do these you know, little events more like curiosity. You know, she's lost her What could I don't know because she's never said anything about why she's attached. I just know she's attached.
Speaker 1: Well, she she probably knows that you're a great mother and she's just like.
Speaker 2: I thought of that reason too. One of my friends had had said that to me, you know, when I was running it past her, like I keep seeing this this one little girl, and she was like, well, it's something, especially once I found out that she actually was a child when she died, and it was a real kid. She was like, she must feel comfortable around you.
Speaker 1: Where did she live?
Speaker 2: Where does she live in Tennessee?
Speaker 1: Did you go there?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't go there. I looked it up to be, you know, just going off of, you know, the conversations that me and her had. And to be clear, every time I run into an entity, they do not communicate. All of them do not communicate. There are some that I'm just seeing they see me, I see them, and that's that. But the ones that want to communicate to me. This is just my opinion. I feel like most of the time, those have not been the bad ones. Those have not been evil. They haven't been I get a cold feeling when I'm looking at one of them that doesn't speak at all. That's usually bad. Oh, bad things always happened, you know around that time or the next day. I'll have a really bad day. So I'm convinced the ones that speak, most of the ones that speak are good.
Speaker 1: So how many do you think are attached to the home?
Speaker 2: I never thought of a number that are attached to the home since I've been seeing them.
Speaker 1: But there are ones that are attached to the home, and you.
Speaker 2: I feel like there are a couple that are attached to the home. My grandfather died I want to say, eight years ago, and he lived here. We all lived here together, so his spirit, I know, is here, and that would make sense. Now. There was some buraya done if Spanish people call it that, that was done here years before I moved here, because the place that I'm in is actually where my husband grew up, so his family was here and they, some of them used to have parties where they do, you know, stuff that wehch probably shouldn't be doing. And in my opinion, what I think happened is a door was opened and it was not closed correctly, and my hallway, which is where most people, even guests that come here, happened to see or hear things. I think that that's where the portal or door, whatever you want to call it, is open. Because at certain times, certain nights I can walk through the hallway and I can see the whole hallway almost light up. So I'm seeing that and it's it's it's so illuminating to me that I even thought about trying to put my hand through it a couple of times. But I'm smarter than that, so I was like, no, I don't think that would be a good idea because you know, I could get stuck over wherever that is.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Like, and it was the same with Selena in the whole way where we saw the shadows initially. Yeah, and when have was speaking that was Rotteney the whole way when he was on the couch, another instance where we picked up some.
Speaker 5: Shadow somehow work.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's the hallway. I believe the door was was not closed, And like I said, because this has always been normal to me, I never tried to put any real effort into having it closed. And I know that sounds crazy, but I think maybe I should have.
Speaker 1: Well do you want to?
Speaker 2: I definitely do that that I want I want closed because I feel like what it does is play games, like I won't see anything in that hallway maybe sometime for maybe two weeks, so I'll think that Okay, maybe the positive vibes and you know, maybe those types of things are working and then one night it just lights back up and you know, and I feel like when that whull weight is like that, that's when I can come into my kitchen and see two different people, maybe even three different people sometimes standing there.
Speaker 1: So interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely sure. I just think I need navigation because I don't know what I'm doing as far as really closing anything.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need somebody that practices through had yeah, and they'll get in there and close it the you know exactly what happened. I'm not sure that that's so weird, Like that's just it's weird to think. Like just like if you think physically speaking, like a door open in your home out in the street where anyone can just walk into. Now, I don't want that with invisible people either. Yeah, I don't want them just coming in and out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My worry is the children. See, I know to stay away from certain things. I'll get a feeling when I know it's not right. But children might not be able to decipher right and might say, okay, well if they happen to see that, well, what's on the other side of that? And that's my fear. Is almost like a movie because that's what I'm living. You know, all those scary things that you see and you hope you avoid. That's basically what I go through on an almost daily basis.
Speaker 1: And have you caught these spirits trying to lure your children or tell your children that I have not?
Speaker 2: I have not. I've caught the conversations. I've even caught Javier talking to entities that I'm looking at myself, so like I can see what he's seeing. I've caught that, but I haven't caught them actually even acknowledging to this day. I've never told them about what I think about the whole way and what I see, you know, because I don't want to implant it in their mind somehow and then the entities can really take advantage on They don't even know about that. To my knowledge, I don't know if.
Speaker 4: It was established. But actually has five children, and only two or three of them actually see things. And I've had certain encounters. The other two I haven't really seen anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, there was one instance and then the other one no interesting, So three out of five.
Speaker 4: There was one weird photo with Antonio. Oh yeah, there was with a figure behind one of the kids.
Speaker 2: At one point last I want to say, last March for the spring pictures. He was in fourth grade, and you know, I'm getting him ready, trying to make sure everything looks good, and I'm like, well, let me get a picture of you before you go and mess up your hair and everything. Let me take a picture now, right, And we took the picture, but I didn't look at it. When my son looked at it, he said, Ma, who was that in the picture? There was a whole other person standing right behind him in the picture, and the person actually had glasses on.
Speaker 1: I want to see.
Speaker 2: So if you yeah, I have that, I can give that to you. There's a few things I have here.
Speaker 4: This happened after we wrap the documentary shooting in the film, so just to show that things are still continuing, I.
Speaker 2: Have I have also a footage of not that long ago, I want to say, a month ago of because ever since the film, you know, I set up cameras so I could see what's going on. You can see a full person sitting right at my dining room table at like two in the morning. Like it's completely okay. Now listen to this part. My son at two in the morning, he's coming out his room to use the bathroom, and the entity realizes that my son is coming out, and then you just see it vanished. Oh yeah, I got really tech with it. I started looking at different cameras and the angles and figured it out. So yeah, I'm like, imagine all the stuff I didn't you know.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh there's a lot we missed. We missed a lot unfortunately, but we captured a lot to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's how it is, because I've done paranormal filming stuff and yeah, these coasts are not like, they're not actors. They're not They don't know when their camera angles and everything, and so if you take a break to eat some food, that might be when they come out. Yeah, that's what I hate.
Speaker 5: It's like not on cue, never on queue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like when I stay in haunted hotels and stuff, and I'm like, not when I'm going to the bathroom or I'm like in the shower or something like, because then I have to use like and then if I get really good footage, I gotta shell people. So yeah, it's unfortunate. But wait, I'm so curious about Shannon. Just all of your like involvement in this, So you did you have a crew, like was it just you or other people?
Speaker 4: It was very intimate production. It was more more or less the COVID type approach where it was just one person crubing myself. I ran down, I did camera. It was just in me hanging out here with the family in the family home like we're doing right now, talking to the kids. He had to know the family over the course of a few months, and we got what we got. We did leave the house, We did shoot outside the house, as you know, we shot in other hotels and outside courtyards.
Speaker 2: I think we got more when Chris came, when the demonologists came. Now he has his cameras as well.
Speaker 5: So that was yeah, multiple angers.
Speaker 2: One of the days where there was you know, not just him, and that was the day where I've had There were so many entities in the house at one time that it became so overwhelming. I was just crying because I was looking at one and one I could feel her sorrow, one kept saying I can't find my body, and all of that at one time was just like too much.
Speaker 5: Actually actually had seen it.
Speaker 4: Chris Christuffer, the demologious camera was recording everything on the SLS camera. The stick figures that's how it appears in one particular corner of the living room.
Speaker 5: And then my camera was picking up the shadow on.
Speaker 4: The wall as well, So it was kind of like, yeah, three perspectives, one towards the end of the.
Speaker 1: Liclementary, Yeah, that's the best.
Speaker 4: And Harmony his wife, Harmony had another camera as well that was trained on actually, so that was that was one instance that we had multiple cameras. But other than that, we had surveillance foot well, we had security footage that you had recording in the house, like when the fire brigade came actually was recording that host self.
Speaker 5: She had the laptop on running and then we could see that.
Speaker 4: The Firies come through and investigate what was going on with the so called ghas lik even though it wasn't a ghas liak whatever that was.
Speaker 5: That was kind of unexplained.
Speaker 1: But did you come fieries firefighters?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I never heard that before.
Speaker 1: I love it. Are you're Australian? Yes, Australian people say like the cutest that, Like, I know they cast sunglasses. Sammis like, ugh, we abbreatheate a lot. I love it. Fieries. Yeah, so the fire, the firefighters showed up because you thought you had a gas lik possible, but they did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we didn't know what we had. Actually the alarm had went off, and later when I thought about it, I knew that this was a spirit who was doing this because I I want to say it was. It was twenty ten. I suffered carbon monoxide poisoning me and my husband and my two children. Wow, and we had levels so high that we were all over the news. There was, you know, a lawsuit in this and that this is en upstate New York's. Yes, so for that same type of thing to kind of mimic something like that, I knew that it had to be. Yeah. So like my life has been crazy for a long time.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't that the fiber Gay determined that it was not It was a league, but it would make He then said it like we could sell.
Speaker 5: They didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Well, because like you know, apparently that can make people hallucinate, and it is something that a lot of skeptical paranormal investigators look for us like if there's a ghast leak, because maybe that's causing you to see these things or whatever. Yeah, but it's almost like maybe maybe these spirits were trying to make it seem like they make the thing go off so that it's like, see, she's just hallucinating. She's not real, Like, you know, don't believe her. Those ghosts are shady.
Speaker 4: Well, the sex was real, but because all these other professionals would come through and confirm.
Speaker 2: They yeah, they just didn't. They knew it wasn't gas, but it was something. But the smell was so strong that they were so intent themselves on trying to find what it was. Because after the fire department left, they actually called National Grids and said, listen, you gotta go over to that apartment because there's something definitely off in there and it's not gas. They pulled out my entire stoves to make sure because in the past I did have you know, issues like that, and know there was no gas, no, no nothing. We actually took the batteries and the wires and it was still going on.
Speaker 5: This was a smoke on or the CEO to no.
Speaker 2: Well, today they have what's called their two and lunch smoke alarm and it's a seal two.
Speaker 1: Oh that's scary, Shannon. What's like the one thing that you experienced, whether it was on camera or not, that you're like, okay, this was legitab.
Speaker 4: From the beginning, they didn't like me. The lights would flicker on and off as soon as I entered the house. Actually would unplug the lights and put it back on and they would work again.
Speaker 5: Globes wouldn't blow.
Speaker 4: But there was just lots of coincidental little things like that that you wouldn't even think of in the moment that you had to look back after and realize, and just capturing shadows and all these weird all be things on camera that you would see on the view find or not. You would miss it and you would see it after the fact, and the edit really just made me think some type of activity has gone on.
Speaker 5: I've never captured anything before.
Speaker 4: I've shot who knows how many countless hours of footage in the past.
Speaker 5: I've never seen this stuff before.
Speaker 4: Were just so happens to coincide with his family that's claiming they're seeing these things and the children are scared for their well.
Speaker 5: Being in safety.
Speaker 4: So when the when the the microphone stand fell like it was almost attacking. Actually in that instance when we had the windows were closed in the apartment. There was no drafts coming in. It was a heavy duty stand. It was all secured. Actually, was talking about that, that weird odor and the kids running past at the time, and it was right on a que when you were discussing the children that it seemed to just fall out of nowhere, and that again, things like that had never happened before. Maybe outside if you don't secure stands properly, and there's a massive wind gust that come through, but not in a house where there's no there's no.
Speaker 5: Breeze or anything.
Speaker 4: It's all secured, like as though it was intent on shutting actually up.
Speaker 5: That was kind of odd. Lots of lots of weird little things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like when he came into the first time, you were.
Speaker 1: Like, I thought this was a sleep thing. What is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not anymore. That's okay, We've got something more interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you see yourself doing more this kind of content?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean actually, and we say that hopefully not Hopefully they won't be a stay cool because it was actually kind of a rough time for you in the faunily. It wasn't fun and games that they were going through a lot, and they were kind of terrified. Especially half the family was two or three of the kids who aren't actually still with it.
Speaker 5: For a long time.
Speaker 4: So hopefully, Yeah, there isn't anything new to report on. I mean, actually he's probably always going to experience it. Yeah, but it's slightly a little bit better, I think, but the kids. But the kids are still reporting with phenomena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't planned, but I'm glad I did do it because I mean, it's not all bad. It was a lot of good feedback. Also, like people who see stuff like that but never just wanted to talk about it, like, you know, they'll tell me their stories and stuff like that. But I'm convinced at thirty nine, I don't think it's going to stop. I'm going to see them. I see them all the time, and there's pretty much nothing I can do about it. If I get a bad feeling, I just ignore it for the most part. But it gets to be very it's very distracting. It's even distracting now because they don't like some of them don't like when I speak about what I'm speaking about. So you'll have ones that are right next to me, you know, And I got to sit here and do the interview knowing that there's a guy named Brian right here. You know what I mean, But it's it's what it.
Speaker 1: Is, Brian from the Backstreet Boys. No, you know, well, if the ghosts want to speak, do they want to say anything?
Speaker 2: You never know. You end up playing it back later and then that's when you see something or most of the time that that's what happens. A lot of people, you know, told us about their experiences just from participating in like the Q and A. They would, you know, have things happen. A lot of them got headaches afterwards for the next day, and a lot of them actually on the live there were a few people who things knock over in their house just and I know it was because they were, you know, engaging with me, because I get that a lot from people that engage with me.
Speaker 4: But this is during the screening when we had the screening of VA documentary and then the QO and I off the on Zoom that was hosted by various people in the paranormal world and their fans would come in on Zoom and we would.
Speaker 1: Talk cause I imagine having this, I mean, what do you call it an ability? Do you view it as like a good thing.
Speaker 2: You know what. I always refer to it as an ability like any other ability. Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence with the gift word because it's like when you help somebody because the spirit told you to tell them something, then that's the good part. But the bad part is the going days sometime without sleep because you can't sleep because a lot of the time, what happens if I'm sleep, I'll hear different entities talking amongst themselves, not to me, but I can hear their conversations, so that and that it will intrigue me to get up and try to see what's going on or see, you know, see what they're talking about. So that can be the curse part. People don't want to come to your house again sometime after They not just your house, but sometimes they won't want to come around you because they'll feel like I gave them bad luck. I wouldn't say lost, but I would say become kind of a strange because they don't want to they feel like I'm putting something on them, which obviously that's not what I'm trying to do. But they feel like things have followed them from being around me, and things like that. So we don't talk as much, and that's unfortunate, but you know, what can I do.
Speaker 1: I think that one of the things that could be perceived as like a gift from this is that you can help people to experience it and see this stuff for real, you know, because as you know, from a young age, people are very skeptical and they get very angry with their bapticism about it, calling names and whatever. And that's why I say, through some ghosts that these people invite them over.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that there was a lot of things that were picked up though that you could see in the film, because it kind of turns it into well, she's not just talking, you know, because yes, I could come on here all day and just talk about what I see, right, but watching the film and seeing that there's even when you know, like I said, when the demonologies was there, there were things happening that everyone else can now see that it's not just me. So it was it was kind of helpful a little bit because now to certain people who might have thought I was nuts, they don't think that anymore. I've had people that do know me say, okay, I thought she was a little crazy for some years, but I don't think so anymore.
Speaker 1: But that's major. And it's so beautiful that your children that have this ability as well are growing up with some validation you know, from you and and now everyone else that can see this that like, no, you're not You're not just seeing these things in your head. This is other people are seeing that. Yeah, well, we can wrap this up. I so appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to me. Where do people see the film?
Speaker 4: The handle is It's coming film. It's coming film is the handle. It's currently on the usual places, Prime, Apple TV.
Speaker 2: You choose.
Speaker 5: It's on DVD too, you can patch on DVD, every.
Speaker 2: Smart TV basically, you know how they have all the app it's all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, And the thing that I feel like people should should know when they decide to watch it is I feel with paranormal TV documentary style that there's a like preconceived notion. It's it's a well established now genre that you come to exp back to certain effects and sounds and uh production or whatever, and and then people go, oh, I've seen this kind of thing, it's fake or whatever. But the thing that's interesting about uh, this approach that you guys have done. Is that it's real, stripped down and it's essentially just showing a family that is dealing with this situation. It's it's not even super heavy on the ghost hunting necessarily. I think it's I wouldn't even like put it in the ghost hunting category.
Speaker 5: It's a portion of family.
Speaker 2: Like you said, I think he captured things that were just happening. It's live.
Speaker 5: No reenacting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the most scary reenactments of devils and Damon's coming to people or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Now, this is is so real and capture in the moment in camera.
Speaker 1: I love it. Thank you so much to Shannon and Ashley. It's coming it came? Who was that a tale? Yeah, you know, check it out. I thought it was certainly interesting and loved talking to them. Thank you all so much for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on tick talk and Twitter at it's raz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jeeha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.