Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go. Let's wake it up, gonna turn your hump day into a hump night. You got this. We're halfway there, already halfway there, living on a prayer. By the way, bon Jovi has to be three fourths of the way there by now, right, it's got to mean check waye's what's going on by now? Come on, But we're halfway there. Actually take an uber driver. When it says six minutes away, it's the longest six minutes ever. I know. Third day of the Dan Patrick hat trick. Tomorrow's Thursday, and Thursday's the new Friday, so technically the weekend begins tomorrow, so just got to get through today. We got Iowa Sam on the Xylophones. I'm sorry, Io Sam on the Glockenspiel I Sam, Yeah, it's the glockens PLSB technically correct. We got Danny g super producing at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. That's our number. If you want to get involved, eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, or if you're playing along at home at COVID and Rich on social media, I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis spots on the videos. If you want to check us out at Covino and Rich on social media. Let the wild rumpus. So get a little message on your coffee today. Mine says, you're halfway there. Wednesday, so I went to Starbucks. I go quite a bit. But about a month ago, mine says, ps, I'm horny, what whatt with you? So about a month ago, I get a coffee and my cup says hey, with a little heart, have a great day. I go home and I'm like, hey, babe, I think that I think the barista wants me. I don't know. I don't blame her. And then I go on my phone. I'm scrolling on TikTok or Instagram and I read that Starbucks has a new initiative where they write on every cup to try to make people feel good. So here I thought I was getting hit on them, but uh no, you're not getting hit on if your Starbucks cup says something. That's their new thing now where they have to write on every cup. I think I was getting hit on because this barista slid into my DMS aggressive barista. Is that part of the new campaign or no, Well, hey, we got a lot of nonsense to get to today on the show. But I gotta say, yesterday I heard the the funniest quote I've heard in a while. And yesterday we did the DP show. Then I had to go to the doctor. You know, you hit like forty and you like, when we go to the doctor, we make sure I'm okay. Oh boy, I feel an old guy radio segment about to begin. No, no, no, no, when you hit a certain age, we need a stinger. This is old guy radio. Begin. God, if being in your forties is then what's like our parents? What's that? Then? So I go to the doctor and I just you know, I said, when you when you hit forty ish and you have kids and you have insurance, you're like, why not go check everything? Why not you pay for it? You pay for it. Look at your paycheck, that nice little deduction every two weeks. Might as well get the most of it. Yeah, our generation does have to step it up. Health is wealth, go get checked out. You might as well, like Rich is saying, because a lot of people of our parents' generation, they put things off. They're really stubborn. At least my dad, my dad will make an appointment if there's people there he walks out and leaves. Didn't your dad he see he waiting here two people ahead of you. Yeah, I got that for that. Your dad put it off. Yeah, my dad doesn't do anything all day, just sit around and wait. Rida highlights magazine to sit there. It's funny, how like if our parents are retired, yet they're the busiest ever. Yeah, what is that? I don't know. I don't get it. My dad goes to the barbershop and expects to be the only guy there. Wait, two guys in front of me. I'll come back another day. I guess my dad his hair grows out and he looks like Einstein. He looks like Ben Franklin. And he'll come back and he still looks like Albert Einstein. Like, well, Dad, then't you go get a haircut? Yeah, I ain't waiting here, see I gotta wait. I'm like, well, that's just how it is. So they just don't like waiting around. They don't like appointments. They put things off and then it's too late, so you're getting ahead of the game. My mother in law is the type that we'll try to go to like I hop on a Sunday morning, and then when they say, man, that'll be it, you know, twenty to thirty minutes. Oh, heaven's to Betsy, we can't wait. And then she'll spend like an hour going to every other place and realizing they all have the half hour wait and she would have already had her table. That's the thing. You'll let check Denny's. You know what it is, organs, you get stubborn, but it's also that generation and you don't want to wait around. You put things off so you're getting ahead of it. Then you get that feeling when you had a when you had your son, where you're like, man, I guess I gotta live longer. Let me let me go to the doctor and take care of myself.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: In fact, I've been taking these expensive probiotic pills every day and drinking way more water and just overall watching health a lot more.
Speaker 2: Dude, Yeah, are fifty years old is way different than they're fifty years old, because health is wealth. We've made it a priority and it's paying off. What's that famous MEMI see all the time, Like Wilford Brimley was like fifty in.
Speaker 4: Con Yeah, Oh, I thought you were going to say where he famously says, do beat us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's another famous clip. But in the movie Cocoon. Yeah, he wasn't that old. You would have thought you were. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They always put up next to uh, Paul Rudd on those memes. Yeah Rudd is older than he was in that photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm Wilford Brimley and I'd like to talk to you for a few minutes about diabetes.
Speaker 2: Trying to be like Paul Ruh, not like him. How old he wasn't he like forty? Yeah? It was the Wilford Brimley line. Isn't like fifty years old.
Speaker 5: He was making Cocoon, he was fifty and so it's like everyone's compared to him.
Speaker 2: I often see the meme also of all the TV dads in the eighties that were like thirty six at thirty eight, like food all. The famous one is the cast Tony. When you look up their age, they were all in their thirties, they think they were fifty five. Norm on the barstool, They're like, yeah, he was like thirty six. What Ted Danson was a thirty seven year old bar owner and bartender. Two fun facts, Uh, Norm from Cheers is Jason Sideikus's uncle. A lot of people don't know that for real. Yeah, George Went is Sideika's's uncle in real life. And we are going to talk TV moms later on in the show. Okay, plus Midweek major the biggest stories in the world of the sports and pop culture. Plus we gotta talk some NBA. Hope you had a Magic Warriors sort of night. But back to your story, Rich Davis, So one leass on on the TV Dads, there is the meme that the women from Sex and the City were apparently not that different in age than the Golden Girls. And when you put the hair of the Sex and the City women on the Golden Girls, they look a lot younger. So it was all what it's all in how they looked. It's like old lady hair. Dude, we assumed the Golden Girls were like seventy eighty year old, like Grandma's that lived down in Florida. I think they were all like fifty year old divorces, fifty to sixties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, botox in here, I think the podcast.
Speaker 2: So I bring this up because you know, you hit your forties, you got little kids, and I'm like, you know, what, what do they say? He's supposed to go do all that guy doctor stuff. In your forty forty five. So I go to the eurologist and I said, you know what, I think I have to get a prostate exam just to make sure men's health is important. Right, But when you go to UL, when you go to a urologist, you don't realize most people in that waiting room are old guys, because that's who the kid, you know, unless you're like forty seven year old guy, just the you know, being precautionary, it's all older dudes. So I go into this waiting room and it's like a sad scene. It's like a bunch of people, like even older than our parents. Like, you know, they're not going there to party, They're going there to probably check up on like real stuff. Yeah, and there was one moment of lightness that I want to share before we get into the show. I can't wait. Some guy's I'm not trying to be mean. He has a walker, he's an older fella, and he has tennis balls on it. By the way, how many what percentage of tennis balls do you think are sold for old people walkers versus actually playing tennis? Eighteen percent? I agree, Sam, I think that's the right number. You nailed it correct, very specific. So he stands up on his walker with the tennis balls and all of a sudden, I hate to be crude, but this is what I hear. A little marching band going on.
Speaker 3: Somebody was making balloon animals.
Speaker 2: And then he turns around. It goes to everyone in the waiting room. I apologize, I just can't seem to hold these days.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think when you get to that stage. And I had to laugh and say you stay home, old guy, God bless you. Like there was no hiding it. He stood up to pass gas and then say a pologize. You just can't seem down hold it these days. The guy's a traveling horn section. So hey, men's health is that? Is that my lesson for the first five minutes, Hey, take care of yourself. You hit forty or so, you got kids, go to the doctor, you pay for insurance. Lesson learns there you go and if your Starbucks cup has a flirty message, she's not trying to sleep with you. Everyone's supposed to do that now. Yeah. Finally says thank you. Yeah, well, I guess she's mine.
Speaker 3: Says you need some sleep. You look like a raccoon.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's not that's nice spots over there. Your face looks like a catcher's. Yeah, that's not a compliment. Okay, all right, so rich, I mean, you can't tell us that story and not tell us how the rest of it went. It's a good experience, or I mean you have doctor sausage fingers a good experience.
Speaker 3: I can't say I loved it, but hey, did you have Kawhi Leonard? I?
Speaker 2: Doctor Leonard's here? Doctor is not what I ordered? Did you have a moon River experience? It's funny, I thought, I thought of that Chevy Chase scene. Flat I also thought of I also thought of, uh, do you spend time in prison? Doctor stifflor Let me tell you, not the most pleasant experience. But there is a feeling when you go to the doctor when you're twenty years older. So when you're in your twenties, you don't even think about health. You're just acting like a reckless buffoon. But when you get back from the doctor and he's like, yep, everything seems good, there is a sense of like, all right now I have like one lesson to stress about. That's great. And you know what, without even trying, I could tie this into sports somehow look at you. You're a genius. Its not that we have to. We're having fun here Wednesday hump Day Cavino and rich In for Dan Patrick. But Sam brought up the Moon River clip from Fletch when he's getting his prostate checked. Right, he gets in that ski position, elbows on.
Speaker 3: The table.
Speaker 2: Moon River Wright and continues to talk to the doctor, the urologist or whatever. It's funny a urologists will say, all right, you're ready, Pretend like you're skiing. When Camino skis, he goes a pretend them at the precologist. I learned to ski. Yeah, Na, ready to get your skis on? Now, Pretend someone's about to shove whoa okay, so perfect. Everybody remembers the Chevy chase scene right from Fletch. False, Sam goes, I got it. Then he goes false, Salar, It's okay, Sam, Now I have it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Module, I'm still getting in the proper position.
Speaker 2: Sam. It's ski position like you're going in calisthenics.
Speaker 5: You know, if I did some sit ups in the morning or bent over like this, I'd probably feel on.
Speaker 2: Which The funniest reference when we were kids, right like that was quoted all the time. I remember playing Little League and my friends were quoting that, and then it would turn into some sort of blue oyster bar, blue oyster bar reference. There was a million reference, yeah, a million eighties references. And then you just brought up Rich the Shawn william Scott moment, which to me is way funnier than the Fletch moment. But we often bring up that Fletch moment. We still bring up that Fletch moment, when the Shawn Williams Scott moment was definitely funnier. No that's not true. It's a little dirtier, but yeah, but no, it proves though, once in for all. We made this point before. But we as a society and as a people and as a generation, our generation especially, we still glorify the past so much. Where the reference is Fletch, that's an old ass reference that a lot of people don't even remember. That's a movie that was made before most of the people listening. But we do that with sports Man. We glorify the past all the time. Meanwhile, there's so much awesomeness going on right now, and I know, I think it takes maybe a few years afterward to put it in perspective to really understand. But we still bring up old references just by default when newer references need to take that place. You brought up the fact that we bring up Brad Pitt as the definition of handsome. Still Brad pitts in his sixties. Good for him, he looks fantastic. But there should be a newer reference by now, and I think, but I think, you know what, I think it's the job of the younger people to assign who the new person is. Because I did make that reference yesterday, someone will see a handsome dude and be like, Okay, what is this guy? Think he's Brad Pitt. But we do that with sports, Brad Pitt, We really do. We do it all the time with sports. You'll say something about Sandy Kofax, and I'm thinking, well, what about Madison Bumgardner, you know, and what he did in the World Series. That's a good reference, right, Like, no one talks about that that guy single handedly won a World Series. He's never in the reference of bringing your a game when it counts. You know, there's so many moments in sports today that should be our go to reference. But will bring up I mean, Muhammad Ali was the greatest of all time, but he's still the reference as far as when you think of the classics and the Goats instead of maybe perhaps of Mike Tyson. We always go older and glorify the past, or like I said, a current day great hey, Alexander Usik should be the reference. That guy's dominant. We glorify the past, nothing wrong with it, but we have to like move on from these references. They're getting way old. Boone River. When did Fletch come out? I love you guess eighty two? I want to say, like eighty four, look up when Fletch came out, because that would be then a forty year old reference to a prostate nineteen eighty five? And what was the Stiffler one American pie? But it wasn't the first one. No, wait was it road Trip? It was? It wasn't Stiffler. It was John William Scott and road Trip two thousand. Even that's a twenty five year old reference, you know what I mean. So we do that in sports all the time. We glorify and good for good reason. We're not saying disrespect the past by any means, that's not my point. But we still talk about Babe Ruth and Baby Ruth is a legend. I have nothing against the Baby. I'm a Yankees fan. He's great. But yeah, and I love hot dogs, and I'm always intrigued with the Great Bambino only being six two two fifteen. To me, that's wild because he was a big man against amongst little men. Yeah, but I don't know Barry Bonds. How is he not like the automatic go to? Not even Hammer and Hank. We still go Babe Ruth. We glorify the past. What step up your reference? What old school reference do you think needs an update? I feel like a lot of times when people reference someone good looking, that's my that's my go to. You better throw all Vechkin into the conversation. As far as good looking people saying, as far as hockey references, you gotta step them up. You gotta step up these references a little bit because they're getting old. I mean, I think there are times where you're starting to see it, like if you reference a good looking woman when someone says Pam Anderson or Carmen Electra or like an old guy will be like pharaophar. It's like, you know, that's those are not young women anymore. I'm gorgeous and you know, legendary, but if you're gonna make a reference, it should probably be like a Sydney Sweeney or some young starlet today. It really dates you, man, it really does. Like your haircut, like your gene cut. It dates you so much. We're like, yeah, man, just like Rita Hayworth. It's like, okay, shaw Shank, Come on, man, and where are you from the early nineteen hundred. If you're referencing a woman that was on Andy Dufrain's wall, you need to update your reference. Yeah, that's all I'm saying. And fuzzy riches. It happens with sports all of the time, and it doesn't take away from the legends, trust me, it doesn't. It's about giving props for their due in the current day. That's all. That's all I'm saying. But for whatever reason we glorify the past. Will future generations bring up what Madison Bumgardner did in the World Series, I don't know. Will future generations bring up Olexander Usik going from cruiserweight to unified heavyweight champion? I don't know. People love the boring, tired goat conversation, So.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: I think current people do get, you know, the props they deserve, But I think it's performances. I think it's a lot of times Cavino, It's like, you may see some guy make the most amazing catch, but yet you'll still be like Willie May's over the shoulder, Dude, how about Jim Edmunds. Yeah, how about laying out Jim Edman should be the reference, and that is thirty years ago. We still talk Willy Mays, which, again the moment at the time, it's still an amazing catch. But my goodness, we haven't seen better catches since we just glorify the Willy Mays catch. I get it the timing of it as well, but we've seen Jim Edmonds catch balls like that in his back pocket. That's my reference, and even that reference is old. What Cavino's really saying is that when you think of a radio personality, he wants you to think of him and that Wolfman Jack. Yeah, why you always bringing up Wolfman? Like wolf Man Jack? Wolf Man Jack? Come on? Yeah? What about the Cavino and Rich Davis? What about Danny g Come on now? So anyway, let's update our references, give credit where it's due. I'm not saying take credit away, but I'm saying give it where it's due, you know what. And speaking of legends of people that get references, wink Martindale, rest in peace. Remember how many game shows he hosted back in the day. Yeah, wink Martin Dale, ninety one. I saw that he passed away, So I guess you new references. Ryan Seacrest host everything. I guess I should save a job for somebody else. Can him and Mary Lopez let someone else have a job? Thanks? All right, So we'll take your phone calls. We'll get involved. We got Big Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom that we got to talk delusion or realistic expectations. You just did, okay? Plus, Like I said, Midweek Major we do it every Wednesday on our show. Normally we're on five to seven on the East, two to front and West. Covino and rich Midweek Major the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. As the kitties say, are they mid stories week or major headlines? We'll get to that. Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Cobino on rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich Hey, Covino and Rich In for the great Dan Patrick. A lot of fun in the first twenty minutes, just sort of riffing about how our references sometimes need a little bit of an update. That was part of the conversation. Yeah, the classics never die. You could still use them, but if you're gonna reference Babe Ruth, you might as well reference show Heyo Tani because these dudes are doing it in a bigger, better way in my opinion sometimes, or at least deserve the credit. What are they gonna get it fifty years from now? Give it to them now, Covino and Rich Live, Mercedes Benz Studios. We have lots to get to Midweek major, the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture, plus the hottest TV moms. Start thinking about that. It's based off an interesting story, but real quick. NBA yesterday, Yeah, man, I hope you had a Magic Warriors sort of night, not a Trey Young getting ejected sort of night. Well, Danny, as I said yesterday, we mean no interest in that first game. I mean, I really I had.
Speaker 4: Said, have it on in the background. For me, it was good background TV for about forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could lay there, yeah and have it on until you knew which way it was going. Listen the game that late game. Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: On a personal note, when we fill in for Dan Patrick, it's always great, but it messages with our schedule a little bit, our sleep schedule, everything, because we're not on this routine. So around that time you start wanting to take a NAT snap time a little bit. There is a if you do different so you just throw it on the background. If you do different times, that your job. You know what we're talking about, Like if I had to wake up at this hour every day. I know most of the affiliates are on the East Coast, and like, what are you talking about. It's nine thirty out here on the west on the West side, it's six thirty, So you're waking up with four to do, Dan Patrick, that's way different than working in the afternoon. My point is, if you did it permanently, no big deal. But when you do it a couple of days here and then a month or so later, Dan needs a couple of days off do it again. It does those days a little bit? It so not complaining. Just six one. You're trying to watch the game, but at the same time you're trying to keep your eyes open. I was busy watching the new Rage. I know they lost yesterday, But how do you feel about a hooded Sodo? The Mets are playing up in Minnesota and there's people that are criticizing that he's wearing like a full hoodie under his jersey. Column hooded Sodo in Minnesota. I'm not kidding. That's the headline, and it's like a big deal, And I wonder does anyone have a problem with a player wearing a hoodie? The more people have a problem with him calling out your weak ass lineup compared to the Yankees lineup. I don't think that's what he did. That was all fake news. That's the story though. That was all fake He says, what do we how many games? In fifteen games in he makes a public statement that he's not getting the same protection in the Mets lineup with polar Bear Pete behind him, that ped Alonzo's got like the best stats in baseball. Right then, he shouldn't have said something like I used to play with the greatest player in baseball Aaron Judge behind me, so he had more opportunity to hit with the Yankees. It's a weird statement to make when you just started speculation. I'm sorry, is Pete Alonzo's three point fifty six five home runs and twenty rbi not enough enough for me? Maybe not enough for your boy? Want soda? Soda hit a bomb. He's the one that said it. But yo, listen, Sodo has been struggling, and I said the Mets being eleven and six has taken all the heat off of his you know, early you know, not struggles, but certainly not playing like the seven hundred million dollar man. I think the Mets being eleven and six has saved any criticism of Wan Soto. But he's two games with a hoodie and he has two home runs, so people are like, ooh, the hooded Soto, get this old ego. The Mets are starting to met looking for gimmicks, looking for good luck charms. What no grimace to talk about, No hawk to a girl. Come on now, it's the hoodie. Oh, the Mets hoodie. Ever since he started wearing it. They're on a street. But my point is, you guys do that all the time. Maybe the Yankees need a old character. How about that? I don't know. Yankees made it through the World Series. Yeah, and guy boring the most, the most boring attempt ever. I think you asked one hundred people who was more exciting last year? The Mets of the Yankees, one hundred and one hundred. It's in the Mets. You think Mets had one hundred gimmicks? Yet last year, was it Joe MG? Was it Timmy Trumpets? Was it Grimace? Now it's a hoodie?
Speaker 3: So how about those clutch threes by Curry last Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, back to the NBA. You know what, I don't care. I cared more about Wan Soto's hoodie. However, Steph, I mean, the guy could have scored on a hundred.
Speaker 4: I feel like if you want to. And Jimmy Playoffs was great the entire game. Moody stepped up as he has been, And all I thought about Danny g was they're in their stretch run.
Speaker 2: The fact that they won and now they could chill for a day or so before they have to play in Jimmy, Right, isn't it playing Jimmy? We have thirty eight?
Speaker 4: Well, they played to the playoffs and and Rich. If the Warriors beat the Rockets and the Lakers beat the timber Wolves as we call them the Wolves, then it'll be Lakers Warriors in the second round.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what we want with the NBA wanted, what most fans wanted. So when you know, many people say and Golden State there, you know, a great run at the end with Jimmy, but then they fell short in the last week, had to do the play in. I don't know. I sot of like the matchup against Houston and the and the Lakers matchup because.
Speaker 3: If they Houston's a great team this season.
Speaker 2: If they do both move along, I think a second round Lakers Warriors would be real fun for everyone. So last night, if you watch the NBA first game, sort of a snoozer, but the second one lived up to the hype. Yeah, Golden State one twenty one, one sixteen, and like you said, Steph had a game. Guys, the Warriors are sixteen and three. When Jimmy Butler is in the lineup since the trade, yeah, I mean he's he's a He's a game changer as far as just just the not even the play. I feel like he brings an energy, intensity and an intensity that they were lacking. So hey, listen, man, playoffs are here. And then you gotta say to yourself, are we all fools for just downplaying that Oklahoma City was like twenty games better than everyone SGA like underrated? Are they just gonna roll through? And is all the silly talk?
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody's gonna roll through the NBA playoffs this season.
Speaker 2: Well we shall see because that all starts up on Saturday. So care wait all right, NBA last night hooded Soto last night? And can you know when I went out for dinner with an old friend last night, which was nice. I mean, he's not that old. We didn't hang out with Ebeneezer with all the guys yourlog off. We just knew him for a long time, our buddy Mark. Yeah, when people are in town, that's another thing I throws off your routine. Had a great time. But man, when people come to town to visit again, I'll say, it's always nice, but you're in the middle of your regular work week. They're just like doing their things. Sometimes you're like a but then when you're out there you get it. Dude. I had a great time I'm so glad I went out, but I have to tell you I was reluctant because I'm like, man, it's a Tuesday night. This guy wants to go have a drink and a big steak. I got to wake up early Wednesday. Come on, but we had a blast. We had a blast. Lest an even bitch, any complaint Now, I'm just a complain o and bitch. You mean to tell me most people don't feel the same way. You're out of your mind. No they do. But I feel like, uh, excuse me, this an obligation or if you want to just call yourself a friend. If I have a theory that if you go to a city or town and you have a friend that lives there and you don't reach out to them, then are they really your friend? I mean, it depends how busy you are. I disagree. Like Danny j if we ran them, we were like, hey, Covin on retro you're also like an insanely outgoing, extroverted person who needs company twenty four to seven. All right, let's fulfill your guests. Irrelevant, But it is not irrelevant. You think I need to see somebody every minute of my day. I don't need that, so it's not irrelevant. My point is, I was Sam, if you were to go to Dallas, let's say the COVENI on retro we took a old trip to Dallas and you have an old college buddy that lives in Dallas. If you didn't reach out to be like, hey man, even if it's a quick cup of coffee, I'm gonna be in Dallas. If you don't do that, then are they really your friend? Probably not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you don't make the time to go find them.
Speaker 2: Hey, if I have someone from the East Coast come out to LA for a couple days or a business trip, even if we don't see each other and it doesn't work out, if they don't at least reach out like, hey man, is there a way to like meet up for a drink or coffee or something, then you're really not friends. I mean you're putting a lot of pressure on friendship. That's okay, do your own thing every once in a while, jeez, Louise.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it feels forced and fake to to just do the the ola like oh, I'm oh, yeah, you know what I mean, Like you're missing you know, you're not gonna be able to hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just playing the game.
Speaker 4: So it's like when people post pictures later to Instagram. Rich, that's kind of you know. I mean, I don't think that's bad. Like, Yo, I was in your city, thought about you, but it was a quick turnaround.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Othertimes you're just there, You're in and out. Said, I know, it's just if Riches in Dallas. He's on the phone with Troy Aikman, Troy m It anyone, Hello, Dack Prefcott, it is me. Rich. Doesn't mean like you need to call everybody to hang I'm all I'm saying. But I had a nice time. We had a nice time. Our buddies in town for work and just to visit, and we went out to meet up with them. It was nice, had a nice dinner. Then we got to watch the Warriors and the Grizzlies. So that was a good one. Hopefully enjoyed your NBA playing games. What you got to say?
Speaker 6: You got a correction before someone asked me on Twitter, Department of Corrections called it. I said that Jimmy Butler in the lineup with Golden State sixteen three, it's actually twenty four and seven.
Speaker 5: Twenty four and seven. Just want to get that out there because we're on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: The facts Man, I thought your number was wrong, but I was gonna roll with you. That was actually from March. March's a couple more games. Own it on the area a little better. Twenty four and seven is still pretty damn good. Thank you, Sports Center. Look at that. I was say, I'm scared of the Dan Patrick audience to correct that. Oh you know, I just wanted to facts manage now. There was a headline this morning that Danny g sent over to us and it revolves I think one of the hottest moms in TV from a show we all love, Kabino. There's a story about Courtney. I don't know how to say her. I know her as Amanda LaRusso, Courtney Hengler, Hengler, color Hangler.
Speaker 3: That's good, say one of the reasons she hasn't made it.
Speaker 2: It's h E N G G E L E R Courtney Hengler Hengler. But again, she's the hot mom from Cobra kah Oh, it's Courtney Hangler. Hey, Amanda LaRusso. She's forty six years old. In case you're wondering the hot mom, she is a good looking woman, probably one of the best looking women on the show good actress, talented. Yeah, and I don't know if you knew this, but there's a Karate Kid movie in the works. It's actually coming out soon. The trailer's out, and his stars Daniel LaRusso, Ralph Maccio who's one hundred and sixty six years old, and Jackie Chan So they're combining those worlds of karate Kid Miyagi style and karate Kid Jackie Chan style, who was really the kung fu kid if you remember with Jayden Smith. They're combining those worlds for karate Kid legends, and it's a whole separate world, and it's meant to be a whole separate world, meaning it doesn't have that Cobra Kai Netflix series sort of feel. It's a major motion picture and it looks really good, surprisingly because you may think at Daniel l Arusso, he's back at it again, chezy. No, it looks dope. It looks good. The movie looks good. Check the trailer if you haven't. But there's a lot of questions of well, is Billy Zapka in the movie, and people are like no, because it's a different world and blue you know, that's the Cobra Kai thing, this is not that right now, and they're like, well, the mom's got to be in it, right because he's married to Amanda l Russo Courtney Hengeler, And it's like, no, huhuh, she's not in either now. I'm not sure she wanted to be in it, but she's not. But the story is she's calling it quits in Hollywood. She's done, so she's sick of chasing the dream. Maybe this added to it, right, like, wow, it didn't even include me. I just gave everything I had to this series. But she is saying, I made my money, I had my face on billboards. I was on Big Bang Theory. She was I think Sheldon's sister for Sheldon's she played a lot of different roles. She was directed by George Clooney. She's like, I've done it all in this business and I'm sick of the chase. I'm sick of the grind. Yeah, and that's really what the business is, a big grind. So I'm done. I'm calling it quits. To quote her, it's not even about the art or craft of acting. All I've known is the hustle, the hustle, the grind sprinkled with the occasional odd acting job. It's just seems like a miserable life. She has. He talked about chasing the reoccurring guest stars that never reoccurred enough. Yeah, a lot of promises, you know, and you would think that maybe this does have something to do with this. She was the mom, but she's not even getting the nod in the movie. So she's like, I'm I'm just done with the business. So at forty six, she's done. She says, we survived off the crumbs as actors. We filled our cup with the possibility. Are mugs with delusion. She's saying, Hollywood is one big chase of delusion, just dream chasing, and it ties into sports and entertainment and a lot of careers where there's a lot of examples that we're going to get to next if you have any of them. Eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, the mom from Cobra Kai just the latest to say, Hey, listen, I finally made it there, I finally got there. I was on Billboards, I was on the hottest Netflix show. She made her money, and she's like, you know, it's now what what does it all mean?
Speaker 3: Essentially?
Speaker 2: Now what and that happens in sports, and I have a couple of a couple examples of in the sports world when you finally get there. In fact, I'll give you one now and then we'll talk about the rest of we get back. Remember Aaron Rodgers talked about he won the Super Bowl and he dreamt about his whole life and then what Yeah, that's what do I do now? When he started searching for answers. So your feedback, your examples, your thoughts. Next, Cavi, you know rich In for the Great Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: I want to say, good morning, good day, what's up, Kate tal Vatos, Rocos to all the affiliates, Live from the mean streets of La. It's Cavino and rich In for the Great Dan Patrick live from Hollywood. Great pick Iowa, Sam, some emin m ice to love this song. Thank you Danny G for super producing. He's on the phones if you want to hear the smoothest, most buttery voice in all the land. Danny G. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox spot is getting ready for midweek major We do it every midweek, turning your humped in to a hump night, the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Plus rich for this kind word on. How are you gonna turn everyone's hump day into a hump night? You calling everyone's wife him getting all fired up, and we're giving away prizes when we give you Mike's Mike who runs his place? Oh, Mike who runs this place? Love Mike Mike's Wednesday words of wisdom. We'll explain. But right now we're talking about Courtney Hengeler and Glider, one of the hottest moms in TV, Copra Kai Daniel Larrouss's wife. Well you know why it stands out, or why she stands out too. I mean, she's talented, right, but she's a good looking I don't want to say older. One's only forty six. But she was the mom on a show primarily based about high school kids. And you see these Tory Nichols characters, these Peyton List characters and actresses, and yeah, they're all good looking Hollywood kids, but she was still the best looking one at all. I remember thinking while watching Cobra Kai Daniel Larroussa ends up with that. Yeah, well he was chopping all the prices with his car dealership. He scooped himself a hotty. Good for him. So the story is she finally sort of made it on a really big TV show. Cobra Kaie was a big surprise to everybody. Nobody expected it to be this big. If you guys remember way back on a Wednesday, it premiered on YouTube. Was it YouTube Bread at the time or something like that, Red Tube? No, no, not real, not real, But that was the that was the problem. YouTube changed their name of the service because because it was it went to YouTube Prime or something. Yeah, because they realized, wait a minute, YouTube Bred sounds a lot like a smut site, right, So you know, then Cobra kai got scooped up by Netflix and the rest is history. The show wrapped up and she wasn't included on the Karate Kid movie that's coming out with Jackie Chan and Ralph Machio and looks great. And then the story came out that she's calling it quit, she's retiring because she's like, I've done it all and it's less about the glory and more about the grind, and I'm sick of that grind in that chase, the chase of filling your mug with delusion, something along those lines. Yeah. I think the main point though, that I hope you're taking out of this as well. She said, after all this hustling grind, after all the you know, the one episode on this show, one episode on this show booking a commercial, the anxiety and hustle of all this. She finally made it. She was on a six seasons of the number one Netflix show. She said, she made her money. She was on billboards in major cities. And then she's like, all right, now what And I think that, now what is what Aaron Rodgers felt. When you watch Aaron Rodgers documentary, he does explain it. You know, from high school to college, you know, family drama, everything in Aaron Rodgers' life led up to him winning a Super Bowl with Green Bay. Yeah, and he felt great for a minute. But then he sat there and going, you know what she wants. He's done, hoisted the Lombardi Trophy. He's like, well, where, where? What's the goal from here? Where do we go from here? Jim Carrey talks a lot about After in Color and all his big movies in the nineties and two thousands the awards the Accolades's Funniest Guy on freaking planet Earth. Jim Carrey has come out and said, I got to the mountain top end. It's not what you think it is. Trust me. I trust me, I've been there. It's not all it's cut out to be. And I always think of our buddy Gary Vaynerchuk, very motivational guy on social media, gary Vee, Gary Vee. Gary Vee talks a lot about how he enjoyed me talking questions. He does talking questions. You're right about that. But gary Vee talks a lot about the road is more exciting than the actual payoff. You know. He always talks about how he loves losing along the way you learn less. I like getting punched in the face. It's why I always say Christmas Eve is actually more exciting than Christmas because it's still the anticipation. And I often wonder, let's say the Mets win the World Series. Is it more exciting to hope your team wins than when they finally do. I don't know, the thrill of the chase. Keep you hungry, keep you going. We'll take your feedback next A lot of Fun, Day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick, your buds, Covino and Rich. We got more Next