Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why is that? What am I doing? Are we not doing minute men? It was this the wrong episode?
Speaker 3: Crap you ski, because if not, you shouldn't even own that coat in southern California?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: We go to Big Bear. Wait, tell me we are doing minute men right now?
Speaker 1: No, you screwed it up? What this is johnny'sunami back on the board.
Speaker 3: What are you? What are you wearing?
Speaker 2: That's not in the that's not in the mountains.
Speaker 3: No, we're doing minute men, of course we are.
Speaker 1: You're dressed perfectly.
Speaker 3: Are you as hot in there as I think you would be?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I can't move. I feel so I don't even know how you we do this now?
Speaker 3: The problem is you've got to wear it the entire podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't see my notes like this. My glasses are bogged up.
Speaker 4: Will Nobody can say you don't commit to this podcast, Sabrina. Nobody can say you do not commit to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to Magical Rewind.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not even doing precio chatter.
Speaker 3: This is it? This is what you got?
Speaker 2: This okay?
Speaker 1: I got nothing, that's it.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pgs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the waves, tsunamis and the high School's musical.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilfordell and I'm Sabrina Brian. Wow, what is up? People?
Speaker 3: Once again, total commitment to our little podcast here. I really love that so much.
Speaker 1: And it leaves us right into our movie today.
Speaker 3: So get your snowsuit fitted much like Sabrina did, because we're going back in time for the shortest amount of time possible as we.
Speaker 5: Recap the two thousand and eight side by comedy d Coom minute Men in It Men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It'smit of Men.
Speaker 3: I kind of the title made sense under a like thirteenth Year where I just had no idea what this is about.
Speaker 1: This kind of makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: It debuted on the Disney.
Speaker 3: Channel January twenty fifth, two thousand and eight, and was part of a very rare Disney move since it was originally slated to a.
Speaker 1: Premiere in March of that year, but it was pushed up to January.
Speaker 3: And usually they only delay projects if they assume it's going to be good, so I think they were pushing it to a better time slot. It's also a unique premise for a dcom living in the science fiction universe. With a very decent budget of five million dollars, it garnered a large audience for its first viewing six point four eight million viewers, a number any TV channel would die to have in twenty twenty four. Also something to remember, very interesting point here if you listen to our interview with Michael Healy, this was the d com that he mentioned he thought should be more popular than it was. Interesting and hey, after some time off, we are back in a comfortable location, returning once again to Utah, and we are filming at Highland High School in Salt Lake City and the very familiar Murray High where Disney films like High School Musical and Read It and Weep were shot. It is currently available to stream on Disney Plus, so you can pause us and you can go listen, or you can check it out after hearing our opinion. It's a decision that weighs very heavily on you. I understand that as our listeners, and we're never gonna know what you're gonna do. That's the joy of it. And like many dcoms before it, songs from Hollywood Records played a very big part in this movie. Like Woe from Disney Stars Ally and Aj and Run It Back Again from High School musicals Corbin Blue could be heard on the soundtrack and both got very heavy rotations on Disney Radio, getting the full synergistic Disney treatment that we all know and love. The same question I ask right after I read these intros every single time, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Had you heard of this movie before we watched it?
Speaker 2: No? And Missy Elliott played in my head the whole time. You probably don't even know this song?
Speaker 3: Will I did it until my wife last night was like you Cy Elliott this song and she actually made me listen.
Speaker 2: And she wears and a lot of her music videos. I don't know an outfit that I was wearing just before with the furry caps. She wears a lot of puffy jackets and stuff. So okay, I feel like it kind of went with it.
Speaker 3: What did Missy Elliott's minuteman mean? Can you explain that for our audience?
Speaker 2: Very different? It was definitely not a time situation, it was a different meanings.
Speaker 3: Will I know you're the fan. I'm just curious if you can explain to me and.
Speaker 2: Disney and me to allow that those kinds of explanations to come out.
Speaker 3: I gotcha, gotcha. Sorry, apparently it's not a good thing. I've been lied to for years.
Speaker 2: It's explicit, to say the least explicit, and I'm a Disney kid through and through. I do not speak of such things.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you listen to the tunes, but I will listen. That's fine. By the way, I found out last night too that Missy Elliott and Chris Elliott two different people.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I Also, I don't even know why I even say this anymore I have. Of course, I didn't know what this movie was. I don't even know why people even want to know. If I've heard of these, I've heard of like I've realized now like four D coms in my entire life before we actually have.
Speaker 1: Seen them, and this was not one of them.
Speaker 3: But before we find ourselves getting a flagpole wedgie in front of the whole school, let's get into the synopsis. Three high school kids invented time machine, intended to save fellow students from embarrassing situations. Unfortunately, as in most time machine movies, they discover that turning back the clock can have its consequences. Early thoughts, Sabrina, what did you think of the movie?
Speaker 2: I felt like it was a little bit of a slow start for me to get into what we were looking at, and I liked it. However, you know, the back to the Future elements of it, they tapped on it, and I feel as if they might have it would have been better to just fully dive into it versus kind of just the small amounts kind of. I don't know. I didn't love that part. But I thought this was a cute movie. The main characters are so adorable. How do you not just fall in love with them? And you know, I thought it was cute. I thought it was cute. Monroe did not like it. She kept asking me to turn it off. She was not She was so bored the whole time, and I'm I'm you know, she ended up having to get an activity because she just was okay wanting me to turn it off.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with Monroe.
Speaker 3: It wasn't okay. I did not hate this movie by any stretch of your mass. The acting top notch, The kids are great. There were more characters in this movie that I hated than in any other dcom I've ever watched. I mean where it was just like the principal, the Little Sister people. I couldn't stand every time they were on screen where I was like, how are these people existing in any form of this world?
Speaker 1: They're awful, right was in this movie? Yes?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, again, did not dislike the movie. I am a huge fan of time travel movies.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 3: I think they're difficult to write, yes, because one thing leads into another. A lot of that got a little wishy, washy and washy in this movie. But I'm a big fan of I'm a sucker for a time travel movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So. The movie stars Jason Dolly as Virgil Fox, who has the unfortunate nickname of Verge, considering the movies also called minimn Virgil. In general, I like Virgil, but Verge.
Speaker 1: He's a virgin and he's a minute man.
Speaker 3: It's filled. This movie is seriously films with things you don't want to be called in high school. Dolly is a Disney mainstay, best known as PJ. Duncan in Good Luck Charlie, the Title Pete in Hatching Pete, and Newt Livingston on Corey in the House.
Speaker 1: I was gonna wait till the end, but I am.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to We get a chance to talk to him, and I'm very excited to talk to him.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of reasons to be excited for talking to this guy.
Speaker 2: He is the cool kid on campus in real life. He's just such a sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know him?
Speaker 2: He was in the Disney Channel game, so I briefly got to get to know him. It was hard, obviously there's just a giant casts of people that were in those. But yeah, super sweet and really just the coolest kid on campus. Not kid that's all.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have watched those if it was more like the Hunger Games.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Luke Benward plays Charlie Tuttle.
Speaker 3: Luke is an actor singer who also knows his way around Disney, starring in the movie Girl Versus Monster, having a reoccurring role on Good Luck Charlie, showing up in two episodes of Girl Meets World, and playing zombie Z in the original unair TV pilot of Zombies then called Zombies and Cheerleaders, and eventually that turned into the Big dcom franchise, which I'm sure we're going to get to at some point. I think it's about zombies and I think they sing. Yes, Nicholas Brown and Zeke Thompson and what It'll probably be easier to list the things that Nicholas hasn't done. It would be easier because you might know him from Disney's Sky High, written by the two men who created Kim Possible, by the Way, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Ten Things I Hate About You, the TV show, and most notably, he's been Greg on the HBO critical Darling Succession, where he was Emmy nominated. He's also going to play Jim Henson in the upcoming Jason Wrightman movie SNL nineteen seventy five about the Sketch Show's first season. Chelsea Stop now known as Chelsea Keane, was another just absolute.
Speaker 2: Disney favorite, Beauty Patuti.
Speaker 3: He plays Stephanie, who was also seen in the Brats movie Wizards of Waverley Place jonas Onetree Hill and she is the voice in the cartoon Fish Hooks, which is very very cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, I played Pamela Hamster in the fish That's my It was my one and only voiceover work and I've played Pamela Hamster. That was so fun. I wish I could do more and more voiceovers. That was awesome.
Speaker 1: You should You've got a great voice. Well this you're doing voiceover right.
Speaker 2: Now, that's true.
Speaker 1: You've got a face for film and a voice for radio.
Speaker 2: It's well, do you just cut it out?
Speaker 1: Oh jo je p mano.
Speaker 3: I believe is how you say? His name is Vice Principal Tolkien, also known as the guy I want to punch every time he's on screen.
Speaker 1: Say not the actor, just the principle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he's the same character with a different name as he played on Disney's phil of the Future, which is a nice kind of semi crossover there. And boy does he look like the Dean from Community, but they're not the same person. But he does play a bizarre replacement version of him on Community in a single episode. And also his name Tolkien is a reference to actor James Tolkien, who plays the principle in Back to the Future, so another character this role was inspired by. And another crossover and another nod to Back the Future, which they do a lot.
Speaker 1: And also Steve R.
Speaker 3: McQueen and yes, he is related to the coolest man ever put on film. Steve McQueen plays Derek Beauregard. McQueen is best known for his time on The Vampire Diaries, where he played Jeremy Gilbert from two thousand and nine to twenty seventeen. And that is quite a run on a television show.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of runs.
Speaker 3: It runs.
Speaker 1: Ninety one minutes.
Speaker 2: We are so close again, close.
Speaker 1: One away from the bull.
Speaker 3: They're toying with us now they're officially just teasing with us.
Speaker 1: It is directed by lev L. Spiro.
Speaker 3: Spiro is a very accomplished TV director who started in the sort of softcore world of cable movies and transitioned to shows like Jersey Dawson's Creek, The oc Jonas and many many more. Also important for our listeners, he directed the Wizards of Waverley Place movie. He was also nominated for a DGA Award for this movie in the category of Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Children's program. In the writing category for this movie, the story by credit went to writing partners David Diamond and David Weissman, who wrote the Eddie Murphy movie The Family Man went in Rome Disney's Old Dogs and the similarly toned two minimm movie Evolution, but the teleplay credit went to John Calorin, and this movie the only feature length or TV credit, we can seem to find that he has to this day. We would also like to point out that it was produced by Douglas Sloan, who directed other huge dcoms like Johnny Tsunami, Motocross, Dad Nap, Princess Protection Program, and Starstruck, so a huge dcom guy as well. So let's get this out of the way now, because I know this is the question that always comes up when you're ever dealing with any sort of time travel. If you could time travel for a few minutes back in time, what is the moment that you would change?
Speaker 2: Go? Oh, I think I don't know if I could go between well, we performed at the Houston Rodeo as the Cheetah Girls. That was one of just the life changing, amazing moments.
Speaker 1: Or so would you go back to change that?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Why would you change that?
Speaker 3: If it was all I.
Speaker 2: Would just want to relive it. Oh, we have to change it.
Speaker 3: If you have to go back and change one thing, you can't just go do it again. That's not why not That's what.
Speaker 2: I would do.
Speaker 3: I know you can't.
Speaker 5: You're breaking the time travel game rules. That's not a change one thing in life?
Speaker 3: What would it be doing this podcast with me, isn't that it? Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know it right now. I am a huge Family Feud fan and I got a chance to do a celebrity episode of it. Will I screwed up? I misheard?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mishard what happened?
Speaker 2: I went up to the mic. I was so excited. Boys to Men it was girl groups versus boy groups, so it was Joey Fatone, you know, just a bunch of guys. The guy, one of the guys from Boys to Men started serenading me, saying, doing that song I'll make love to you right before we started our so he fully got me off my game. I was very focused. Steve Harvey asked me a question. I completely misheard him. I thought he meant something else, and I gave the most rand I would change that.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the question?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 2: The question and I blocked it out of my memory. But it was something about your husband doing like chores around the house or something like that, and I thought he said drawers, like drawers, like like boxers or something, and I said, shake it off. I shook my leg. My now mother in law was in the audience, and she's got these just gorgeous, big blue eyes and we were engaged at the time, and I swear I could hear her thoughts going, my my cannot believe my son's going to marry that thing. So it was the most horrific moment. It's on TV. It was a dream of mine to go on this.
Speaker 3: Can we find this clip please, I'm asking everyone out there to find this clip. We will put it on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: Oh embarrassing and awful. I would change that in a hearty because.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also good to know if I ever want to get you off your game, I just have to serenade you and I'll make love to you and you're done.
Speaker 2: It was just and he's I mean, it was awful. I'll never get over it. I won't.
Speaker 3: I you're embarrassed all over again thinking about it, aren't you.
Speaker 1: I know those moments.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I just exposed that now too, because it's like, who ever didn't see it, Thank.
Speaker 3: God, we're gonna now because that's got to go on our Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's too it's too good for the record.
Speaker 3: I would go back to a ten year old knee and slap the cigarette out of my hand. Ooh, too important. That's I always say that if I had the power of time travel, I'd be like, what are you thinking? Yeah, this is bad, it's not. Yeah, don't don't do it.
Speaker 1: So that's that's what I would do. But yours is better.
Speaker 3: Yours is better.
Speaker 2: Yours is probably more of a good moral story mine.
Speaker 3: It's just pure and barrassing it is. But yours is far funnier, and I can't wait to see it. We open this movie in the same place we find so many of our Disney movies.
Speaker 1: Opening on the first day of a new school.
Speaker 3: Verge and his football star friend Derek are taking on the fear of this fateful day that any teenager does when they meet a fourteen year old child genius Charlie. Actually, I think at the time he's supposed to be like eleven. They say he's nine, but he's a little older than that, Yeah, because he's fourteen at the end. It's three years later, so I think he's supposed to be eleven years old when they meet him, who drives an out of control rocket fueled cart onto the football field, which, by the way, he's got this giant rocket and the thing is still doing like fourteen miles an hour, so needs up the power of the figure.
Speaker 2: Not healthy.
Speaker 3: No, the football jocks react by like beating the hell out of this kid, essentially.
Speaker 2: So over the top. Yeah, I mean push him over. I guess I don't know why would that even bother you. I feel like if you were really focused on what you were training on, you would that would have just been Yeah.
Speaker 1: It also starts.
Speaker 3: The whole thing starts with the kid trying out for the football team and throwing the ball so far away from everybody. He's trying it that you're going to become the kicker. Okay, this is not it's.
Speaker 2: Not the job for you. Find another dream.
Speaker 3: Until he can target a little kid and hit him in the head with the ball. Then he's Tom Brady all of a sudden, and he smacks the kid in the head, who falls out. Our lead tries, you know, Verge tries to go over and save the kid, like, hey, maybe let's not beat up an eleven year old.
Speaker 1: They then turn on Verge as well.
Speaker 3: Now they're beating up the little kid and Verge, And not only does Derek not come over to Hell, but he just stands there and watches his best friend and this poor little kid get the hell beat out of them, and then we cut to them. They are hung from the school's mascot ram statue, dressed like girls makeup on, obviously being humiliated in front of everybody, and no teachers anywhere.
Speaker 2: If the kids are around, there should be some type of supervision, Yeah, campus security something, because it comes on strong later on. There's a sun of campus security later on, but not at this moment.
Speaker 3: I would like to put this movie up to be nominated for worst adults in any dcom you've ever seen in your life, all the way around, from top to bottom. These are the worst adults ever. Yeah, So putting that up there, hanging the two kids from the mascot seems like a very harsh punishment. A for a child prodigy who just invented a rocket car, yeah, and B for the guy just trying to save the kid from being pummeled. It seems really harsh to do that and then nobody lets them down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, how did they get hit them up there? That seems like it needed to crane of some There's ladders just available. I don't know, it just was they got them up there somehow. They used the same ladder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Cut to three years later, and this is their identity, these two guys, this is all they are, is the guys that were humiliated on their first day.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's the worst school in all of Utah because no one will forget.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's it. This happened to you on the first day. You're done.
Speaker 3: Nobody says in two thousand and eight, hey, you were the kid hung from the flagpole. But I know you were hung there because you were trying to protect this other little kid.
Speaker 2: Good on you, dude, right the cheerleaders, I mean, you know, girls at that age are very empathetic, like why were they?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Oh nope, nothing nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of embarrassing, can you think of the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in high school? I mean it's not going to be being on the feud obviously, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't even need to I can't even Is there is there one you can think of?
Speaker 2: Yes? I I was thinking about that actually this morning. Very embarrassy Oh no, no, no, But I remember being mortified. I think I I think I called my mom to come get me from school. I just couldn't it really wasn't that big of a deal now that I'm older, but I was just mortified. I remember my friend and I had gotten this guy that we both kind of had a crush on. He was a cooler guy, and I don't remember if I actually had a crush on him, but he was cool, he was newerka and we brought him it was his birthday. We brought him balloons. And we had at our school a second campus, so there was like a main street that you could either get a bridge that went up and over. If you had something like balloons or a project of some sort that you didn't want to get put, you know, in the crowd that was going up and over, the security at our school would let you go across the street. So we all kind of grabbed a couple of balloons and with him and went across the street and we're chatting, and I remember I'm thinking, I'm so funny and so cute and adorable, and I'm looking over on the like left, I'm not watching where I'm going, and I to not just a pole the light, the street light pull like flip face just flat on it, and I mean I knocked back onto my back. I was embarrassed. Of course it's not. There was just a few of us walking across. Of Course, this cooler guy is there, the security guards there, but also whoever's going to West Campus is on the bridge. And here's the thing. I mean, I on my back. God, oh, I really just wanted to lay there in the street and hope I got ran over by a car.
Speaker 1: That's but good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah that happened to me. I yeah, I I have luck like that, just man that.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about it too, and I realized that for me in high school, every day was a tie really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have a lot of bad days in high school?
Speaker 3: I hated high school. I hated high school. It was not my not my thing. So I wasn't embarrassed, just more like I just didn't want to be there. It was a terrible place for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were at least popular.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call myself popular. I was not. I know. I mean I was on the dance team stuff like that, but I don't feel I feel like my best friend Morgan was the popular one, and I was kind of the one that was always I guess so I was someone who's always kind of standing next to her. I think that's kind of the realness of what it was for me. I guess popular by association, but not really.
Speaker 1: Take it, take it and run.
Speaker 3: You know who is not popular at all after being hung from them? Were are unfortunate guys, verb ver Verge, I can't even say it, Vergil, I'm gonna call him Max no Verge, who is now a nerd for life and stuff with Charlie, whose little kid as his best friend, and the full group of dweebs quote unquote as his lunch crew, and man they went with every doweeby trope you could think of a little over the top of the nerd stuff.
Speaker 2: I know, the the one that killed me was the nerd that thele acted as.
Speaker 3: Erkele, Yeah, straight up Perkle. Yeah yeah, So why it's so over the top. He glances over to his one time pal Derek, who's act the super cool table and is now with his hot girlfriend, cheerleader Stephanie, someone they used to be all friends with, but now of course he's off on the cool table with her, and Verge is still a dork. Derek is living the life Virgil should be living if he didn't try to save poor little Charlie. So it already starts with the kind of regret of what would have been, which is how a great time travel movie starts. Yes, also we meet Jeanette, who's a jumpy student who is absolutely in love with little Charlie. But Charlie seems annoyed by her, and she always comes over and calls him hummingbird and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And she's adorable.
Speaker 2: She's so cute. Charlie, What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Girl is so cute? I'm in love with you. She was adorable.
Speaker 1: Did you have a nerd thing in school? Did you find nerds cute in school?
Speaker 2: Or I totally did? I totally I dated the jocks, but I definitely had friends like the nerd I thought they were so sweet. And again I believe and remember girls that age being very empathetic of other situations, being a little bit more in tune to that's not right, you know, or you know he's super sweet. You know, of course you can sit next to me, come over here, you know, when you're choosing your desk first day of school, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I think you're also probably remembering wrong. But that's really yeah, well.
Speaker 2: That's not where girls mean.
Speaker 1: I think girls are pretty mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah well I think girls are mean to girls, but I think with things like that, they're a little bits. Oh okay, all right, yeah girls are mean to girls.
Speaker 3: Ah uh yeah, I mean being a nerd.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like a huge nerd in high school. I kind of kept my nerd him under the radar. I read my fantasy books at night and stuff like that. I still rode my motorcycle around me. That wasn't nerdy. That was kind of cool. But I was all the actor kid, so it was you know, anything different is not good when you're right. Anyway, we learn that despite his categorization as unpopular, Verge still likes Derek's girlfriend Stephanie, but of course has no chancellor and all this because yes, three years ago now, he was hung by the ram. We also finally meet leather jacket bad boy Zeke played by Nicholas Braun, who is an outcast as well, but in his own way. He drives a motorcycle, he looks like, he draws the Slipknot logo on his notebook, and he's just too scary to have any friends.
Speaker 1: He also looks like he's eleven feet tall.
Speaker 2: He is so tall.
Speaker 1: He's so tall it's distracting.
Speaker 3: And when Charlie then runs and interrupts their class saying he needs to talk to Virgil for an Avy club emergency, one of the other phenomenal adults in the room doesn't care and just lets him leave.
Speaker 1: Again, worst adults in the history of Disney movies. This is when we.
Speaker 3: Learn, of course, that little Charlie in his free time, is building a time machine, but they can't build themselves. They're also going to need to help a Zeke who might play the role of a burnout with the fallout boy bangs, but he's actually very smart and ready to make this happen.
Speaker 1: He's in right away. He loves the idea. It's good to go.
Speaker 3: Harkens back a little bit too, some great movies like My Bodyguard and things like that from the eighties when you get the big guy to help you. Also very we've talked about this movie on this podcast. A bunch very explorers vibe in this movie, which is again go watch it, one of the best movies ever made.
Speaker 1: Do you like this team of three? I kind of dug this team of three.
Speaker 2: I did, I did. I loved them. I thought they were so they all had their perfect little piece that they brought to the puzzle.
Speaker 3: I love too, I thought the same thing. And yes, finally the dcom trope is back, the annoying little sister who you just want to kick down a fighting stairs every time.
Speaker 2: She is just right up there, right up the awful.
Speaker 3: I would take the little, eating, annoying girl who was my sister and my date with the President's daughter over this one. They made her weirdly flirty and sexual and then you get an annoying and.
Speaker 2: Ill why was she sexual? That was strange to me. I got the abgb's every time she did something weird.
Speaker 3: It was gross, total ick. But it'd see the annoying little sister back.
Speaker 2: Yes, we haven't seen her in a while, so we could take.
Speaker 3: We haven't they Even Disney was like, let's let's stop this for a bit. She wants her brother to have cuter friends so she can meet up with them. She wears us like a boa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's looking like she's auditioning for you know, Chicago, or yes, where are you going in that app?
Speaker 3: Super creepy, Yes, get upstairs. And put on footy pajamas. So the three minute Men decide to build their time machine in an abandoned fallout shelter under the school's football field, and we get a cleanup and work montage, but everyone is too scared to try at the time machine once they complete it. This is also when I noticed, by this point in the movie, and I actually texted producer Jensen, the actors in this movie are speaking so fast that I honestly thought Aaron Sorkin wrote the script. I mean, they are talking so fast it is amazing. Everyone is too scared to try the time machine, of course, once they complete it, So instead of risking their own lives, Zeke and Virgil grabbed Charlie's cat, Albert Felinstein, and they throw it into the inter dimensional portal that they've made, and of course the cat dies horribly. I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: Of course that comes back.
Speaker 2: He could have and that was so awful. That was animal cruelty at its finess. You can I just throw the cat in there.
Speaker 3: Throw the weakest kid in the time machine first. Everybody knows that, duh, duh. But the cat comes back, and he missed it a minute, so he went back in time for one minute. But the bad news is their activity has triggered two scientists somewhere in the world who see a problem. And this is when we get a very very very strange scene. So Derek is having we cut from that. Okay, the time machine works. Now, Derek the football guy is having trouble with Stephanie because he's been canoodling with his French tutor, we think, and so Virgil sees an opportunity, and though there's some light flirting, she also uses the chance to tell him that Derek had tried to stop the football team from beating him up and hanging him on the rams arm, which is just a flat out line. We know that that's not accurate, so I don't know why she would have even said that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we saw the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So it also then and ends strangely because Derek kisses his girlfriend and says it'll be fine, like he's going off with the French tutor again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or was.
Speaker 3: She upset that he was gonna be tutored by her at all and they hadn't had their It was really weird. The whole scene was really weird. Yeah, I didn't get it. I didn't get what she was talking about.
Speaker 2: He's a gas lighter that yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She's but she then lied to Verge about everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, the boys are not ready to test the time machine, which also, for the record, will force them to explode if they're gone longer than ten minutes. Important safety tip, yest safety, don't go longer than ten minutes. Let's let's figure this out. They never they never we never understand how they got it to ten minutes. We never understand what that, why that happened, why it was a minute for the cat in the ten minutes, we just we have to go. We never got that. Yeah, so their first mission, and I thought this was great, this was really cool. Very exactly what kids would do is they make the most selfish decision you can make with the time travel machine. They'll go back twenty four hours and buy a winning lottery ticket. Of course, everything they're supposed to do, duh, make money, yes.
Speaker 2: Make it makes sense people exactly.
Speaker 3: So they've got the newspaper, they know what the numbers are. They go back in time. But of course, and I thought this right when I got that, right when they said it, I'm like, they're not gonna let you buy the ticket. You're not eighteen, Yeah, they're too young. So they go to the person you always see in front of your local gas station, the robot random street performance.
Speaker 2: A random street performer in front of your local market. And this is not New Orleans. Okay, why would there be a random Why wouldn't.
Speaker 1: There be Sabrina? Why? Obviously?
Speaker 6: Can I get my pitch on it?
Speaker 3: Please? Please?
Speaker 6: Je it was written as a homeless man in Disney, wouldn't let it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: The question is, do you think it was written as a homeless robot man? Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that's obvious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, gotcha, thank you. I think you're probably right. And so they of course put in that old trope of the robot street performer in front of liquor store. Right, he goes, he buys the tickets for them, but they have to get back home before the ten minutes are up because again exploding, right, And then so they'll say, look, we'll return the next day, we'll get it for you, and they come back the next day.
Speaker 1: Obviously robotman has claimed the winnings for himself.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into a whole story I know about a friend of mine who had something like this happened to him in Vegas where somebody pulled the slot machine thing for him when he was underage, and he said, we'll split it. He won like four hundred and fifty thousand dollars and she booked with all the money. Didn't give me dime, didn't give him a dime. But for some reason, even with all this money, Silver Robotman is still Silver Robotman. So this is obviously not something he was doing for money. It's his love and his art. He loves what he's doing. Yeah, So I also thought the first thing you're supposed to do when you get a time travel thing, I get that you go make some money, but you're also supposed to go like stop a war, kill Hitler, or like you're supposed to do something like That's like the basic time travel thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean that sounds very dangerous.
Speaker 1: I guess if you only have ten minutes, Yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Only have ten minutes, you can't really save the world.
Speaker 3: I mean you can, I don't know. To me, they didn't try hard enough to save the world.
Speaker 2: Well, this this time travels machine also kind of kept them within their city right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they could time travel ten minutes within a block of the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could not go to a different country. So they were limited on it this time trial. So maybe I get that generation two of their travel time.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, exactly, time travel machine Mark two. Can maybe you can you can go to the next town and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the state. Maybe we could jump a state or two.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. I like that. But now the gang is ready to finally make this work and they focus on this this I thought was kind of a cool Disney esque thing. Yes, okay, so we have to keep it small, we have to keep it in the area, we have to make it doable.
Speaker 1: So what do these kids decide to do? And it's very very cool.
Speaker 3: They decide they can use the few minutes to go back and change something in one of the nerdier kids lives so they don't get bullied. It's cool, cool story points.
Speaker 2: Love that Disney fail.
Speaker 1: Two very cool story points.
Speaker 3: They're going to become like time traveling cool cops for nerdy kids. Great idea, great pitch.
Speaker 1: I would love to have been in the room for this one.
Speaker 3: They start with saving one of their friends when the football thugs steal his clothes in the locker room, leaving him naked to run in the halls, when again Principal douchebag comes in and I'm not going to help you get your own clothes back.
Speaker 1: This is the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to reach through the screen and beat the hell out of him yet again, worst adults ever. So they go back in time to clothe him in a fresh fly outfit that looks like a Keith Sweat cross color suit from nineteen ninety nine. I am reading that because producer Jensen wrote that down. The only word I understand there is suit and nineteen ninety nine. I don't know who Keith's sweat or cross.
Speaker 2: Colors meet it oh man.
Speaker 1: So now at least he's not a naked nerd. He's very very cool.
Speaker 2: I think Jackal Johnson the lore outfit, that's what it means.
Speaker 1: That's Keith Sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like that, just looking in Okay, a bucket hat.
Speaker 1: And is Keith sweating? Is he a musician?
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a he's a musical artist.
Speaker 3: Okay, r oh, I just heard he's r and b Okay, yeah sounds great. So for their trips. They're trying to set it up, and then they realize one person has to stay behind because they have to make little changes to the fluctuation, which is then when the little girl who is always using the bird references the one in love with Charlie shows up again and they harangue her into actually more dragoon her into being the fourth member of the team. But she loves it, and the first thing she says is we got to change how you look, right, and so come out in these awesome full white snowsuits kind of like what Sabrina was wearing earlier, but white concealing their identity.
Speaker 2: Which was much better. It was an actual look. Oh yeah, it was lay better than the scar.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, solid white time.
Speaker 1: Travel Yes yeah, I mean really cool.
Speaker 3: And now they are just really nearly traveling through the machine, saving as many dweeps from embarrassment as they possibly can. In this montage, they're spotted as the guys in those snowsuits and start to develop a mysterious cult following, but also make an enemy of the vice principal, who again is not the guy from community, but is also kind of the guy from community. He has a real principle from Pixel Perfect storyline kind of going on. There's a lot of cross what. I did not want to run over the guy in Pixel Perfect nearly as badly as I wanted to this guy. This guy's awful. I wanted bad things to happen to him. And at the same time, the federal agents. From the beginning, we don't know who they are are yet because you've kind of forgotten to exist. But now all of a sudden, we notice that the minute men notice that they're starting to be tracked. So in stores, there's people in suits behind them. I mean, it's like the government is on to something going on at this point. Yes, yes, And so they're tracking all the movements, and all the nerds they're saving for some reason are becoming jerks, right because they've become the popular.
Speaker 1: Kids and steeling themselves.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're the Hubris is kicked in and they're becoming They've gone from dueebs to dicks, is how I would like to say. So. Yes, So, all of a sudden, this movie starts to kind of glorify being popular, which a lot of I mean a lot of those movies did Can't buy Me Love all those movies it made being popular seem like the only important thing in the world. And I guess when you're in high school and that's your entire life, it is one of the most important things in the world. It's all you know, and you can't think that, hey, some day I'm going to be out of these four walls and actually start my life. It's just what you see right now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is also when we learn two things.
Speaker 3: A big wig, cheerleading scout is company to see Stephanie perform, and Charlie, who might be a little guy, might be in an awful lot of trouble because it turns out that the plans for his time machine were loosely cobbled together from other plans that he stole from NASA.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's pretty great, Charlie.
Speaker 3: I love it. He's like, but they hadn't they hadn't even been opened in like twenty years. Now, I'm gonna know great idea. Now. Zeke and Virgil are terrified because they realize they're being followed by the government. But even with this paranoia, when Stephanie injures herself practicing for the Scout, he you know, he's so in love with her. Verge is so in love with her that he knows he has to do something to save her from hurting herself so that she can do the cheerleading squad in front of the scout and make the team, or where she's trying to get into college. That's what she got into college, but she's trying to get a scholarship. So he wants to help out. And he's obviously in love with her and going through puberty. So what's a little government intervention if you can save the girl, right of course, so he convinces the minimen to do one last time jump to save Stephanie from her fall. It works, but the Great Principle chases after them and they cause an accident between the silver Robot lotto winner and an old lady. So now their actions are starting to ruin the time continuum or change the past, because it's not really ruining the continuum. He's just got into a fender bender.
Speaker 1: You know, it wasn't that big.
Speaker 2: Not that big of ada.
Speaker 1: And also the robot guy was then getting sued. That's good. Robock guy was a jerk.
Speaker 3: He stole too much stuff and he needs to stop being a robot guy in front of random gas stations. So their actions are completely ruining the time continuum, the same way Biff got a casino in Back to the Future too, which was I think my least favorite Back in the Future. But anyway, in all this fear of Virgil also tells Stephanie that he's traveling through time.
Speaker 1: Yes, he tells her he's traveling through time.
Speaker 3: No, And you just have to assume this is now all going to end poorly because the second people start.
Speaker 1: To know, yes, you're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if that wasn't enough, Virgin Derek have started to make up. Yes, Virgil just goes along with the idea that Derek tried to save him. They go through their old handshake. They had this handshake that they were doing for a while. They tried to do that. But the truth is Derek just wants me to go back in time and fix a recent football loss that he had, which was his fault because he got distracted on the field by the Rkele Nerd who's now cool and streaking the football game right now. Being naked apparently is fine with him. He didn't want it in the hallway, but now he does.
Speaker 2: And Derek knows about the time traveling because shocker, Stephanie tells him, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Steph, thanks a lot, Seph, thanks thanks for that. So can you fix the football loss? Even without knowing his true intentions? Would I mean, how you'd even be friends or listen to this guy after he's done this to you for three years and he ditched you and all that kind of stuff. I get wanted to be popular and maybe that Trump's everything, but still, come on.
Speaker 2: I think within the storyline, it would have, to me made a little bit more sense if Derek threatened him I'm gonna expose you, yeah type.
Speaker 3: Of thing, or beat the hell out of you or hit Charlie or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have gone along well with his character as it is.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't think them trying to rekindle really worked because again, Derek's a jerk.
Speaker 3: Yep. I agree. The mini Men do go back and fix the football game, and Virgil can't keep his mouth shut. Of course, he tells Derek and Stephanie all about the work he did for them to fix the timeline because he jumped with his phone and he had the video of the original mistake that lost the game on his phone, so that wasn't changed in the timeline. So he shows them in the future. Look, this is what originally happened, and I fixed it for you, making him kind of popular again. He goes to the popular party, dances like he's for some reason now on a whole bunch of ecstasy, and is the only person left uncool at the school is now Charlie, who ends up outside the party looking through the window and being very sad at all. Must look like there should be rain just on that window. Yeah, But all of a sudden, we also cut to something very strange that's happening on the school's football field. A wormhole is beginning to open, and the scientists are still on their tail and have called in the FBI. But we thought the FBI was already following them, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I didn't get it at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was confused of who was what? Yes, what company they worked for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, really weird.
Speaker 1: That's the bad news.
Speaker 3: But the good news is Derek was caught by Stephanie kissing another girl at school, so she tells Virgil and he races over to kind of just be there for her to sim I guess you would say. He finally sees his opportunity to steal his ex best friend's girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take that, take that one that, Derek.
Speaker 3: And speaking of x besties, Derek of course wants him to travel back in time to make sure he doesn't say, stop me from kissing the other girl.
Speaker 2: It's a mistakes, he says.
Speaker 3: Go back in time and make sure Stephanie doesn't see.
Speaker 5: Me sing on her can Yeah, And Virgil says, we'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Another opportunity that I think he could have said. No, I'm not going to Derek says, I'm gonna beat it you up, or I'm going to expose you another I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Tell everybody that you're a time, that you're one of the minute men exactly, Which what is that for, miss Elliot?
Speaker 1: What is a minute man again?
Speaker 2: I don't really know. I think it's a birdie that flies really fast.
Speaker 1: That doesn't that doesn't seem right, that doesn't seem accurate.
Speaker 3: On his way home, he is abducted by the FBI and questioned with Charlie and Zeke about their actions. And despite the fact that they are let go without any charges for now, the minute Men argue about Virgil's new love for being popular and they all break up, and this is the movie moment that made me wonder.
Speaker 1: Does anyone have parents in the film? No, because we never see him.
Speaker 2: We don't meet any of the parents. There were no, I guess enough, just awful adults, adults already that they didn't feel they needed terrible.
Speaker 3: The black hole in the football field is now becoming a problem. When it was little, it was just a normal, little black hole in the football field. But now it's getting bigger and we got to do something about it, so much so that Charlie has to tell the FBI the truth and needs their help. All while it's the night of the school dance where Virgil might fix Derek's infidelity problem maybe, but instead he's rigged it so he could become the prom king and Stephanie is the queen, which very radio rebel. We're all kind of in the same world here. Yeah, but also she went from being cheated on by a guy to a guy cheating to win the prom with her not much better in the trust department. But we've already shown that she's a liar liar pants on fire two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, she doesn't care because she's getting.
Speaker 1: Prom queen Yeah, what does she care.
Speaker 2: She's like cool. However, it worked out. I've got the crown, got the sash, I'm golden.
Speaker 1: And now she's gonna be with a minute man, which according to you, is a good thing.
Speaker 3: They almost kiss, but instead Charlie and the FBI and the CIA and the scientists all bargein. They need the minimen to fix the football field black hole that is now massive and might kill the world, and they've got a very limited window. He's like, the world's dead in four hours. Yeah, okay, we gotta gum. So they the FBI, being amazing adults as well, send three literal.
Speaker 2: Children, right, So you're gonna send send the kids these kids, Ye, send the kids into this black.
Speaker 1: Who are friends again, into the black hole?
Speaker 2: The kids sending the cat.
Speaker 3: Yes, the kids at least were smart enough to experiment. The FBI is just throwing the kids into the black hole.
Speaker 2: Just jump in. Just they land at the kid's.
Speaker 3: Park, and then Charlie saves the day with a computer and look at that and turn their traveling back to the first day of school.
Speaker 5: Somehow the day of the ram Hanging.
Speaker 3: The ram Hanging are exactly our ram hanging.
Speaker 1: First day of school.
Speaker 3: Virgil wants to make the mistake, but Charlie wants him to leave it because that's the day they became friends and it's his favorite day, which is very sweet. And in the scene watching all happen as his current self, he realizes it was actually all Derek's idea to embarrass him. He sits there and there's Derek who pulls out the lipstick and is like, let's do this to him too.
Speaker 1: It's just another person on the list that should be run over.
Speaker 3: In this movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would have changed the writing.
Speaker 3: I loved what they did, but I would have changed the writing to where it was Charlie saying you should go back and fix what happened. I would have had Charlie say to Virgil, I think you should go back and change this. This is your opportunity, and Virgil says, no, this is when you and I became friends. This turned out to be my favorite day. So they were both trying to sacrifice for each other. Yeah, instead of it being Charlie saying, don't go do this, then you're ruining my life. If they were both self lists, I think it would have been better, a better moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little selfish but.
Speaker 2: One more Disney Channel too. Yeah, I something you'd expect from them.
Speaker 3: I agree, But they also learned that the Vortex is closing earlier than they thought, so they steal the rocket car, ignite that puppy to twelve, and speed through town in one of the better actual Disney decom chase sings we've seen, although not nearly as good as almost killing the little kid in Bratt Patrol with the with the with the Brat Cycle or Brattmobile. They barely make it through the wormhole in time now without the rocket car, and they land at the first day of senior year, and all the time travel now is gone because they are back to kind of the starting point. Virgil stands up to Derek, ditches him forever, and completely steal Stephanie, so not only ditches him but snakes his girl. Zeke now is a confidence to flirt with girls, and Charlie is all about Janette and goes and kisses her. She kissed him before, but now that everything's been a race, she doesn't remember that this happened, so he just plants one on her, and it turns out the entire movie is about scoring chicks. Gotta love it a right.
Speaker 2: That ends up being their whole goal. And we had no idea until film, very.
Speaker 1: Until the end.
Speaker 3: Even Zeke, who really had no really stands with women before, now has one under each arm, Yes, under his freakishly tall arms.
Speaker 2: The only time he saw Zeke with any other girls is at the dance, where he all of a sudden has his little nineteen fifties you know, threeser girls. It's like, okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, And the movie ends with Charlie now screaming that they have to time travel again, but instead they drag them away. They're staying in this timeline where they've apparently become the only versions of the cells. Where are the other versions of themselves? Did they have to kill the other versions of themselves? They never get into that. They're like, let's not mention that there's nine sets of these kids running around. Now, where the hell are the other verses themselves? It's fine in my head, they've killed them all and they're buried in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought they were all chained up in the bunker under.
Speaker 1: The Oh, it could be that.
Speaker 3: And that, dear listeners, is the end of Missy Elliott's minute Men. So there we go. Let's do some real reviews. I got the five star this time. Yeah, so here we go. This is from Noah Z. This is the best movie ever made. There is not a single flaw, just a bunch of boys boying around. If you're a boy, watch this movie. If you're a girl, watch this movie.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Thanks Noah. I got a one star here from Garrett two to one zero. Why would you using a time machine create a black hole?
Speaker 3: It's a legitimate thing.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows.
Speaker 3: Time machines screw with the time continuum. They don't form black holes.
Speaker 2: It's two completely different things, totally. That's what I thought, Garrett, honestly watching it, all of a sudden, now we have a black hole. Now I'm not the expert on time traveling movies, but this was a first of the ones I've watched that now there's a black hole.
Speaker 3: Caua.
Speaker 1: No, it made no sense, no sense.
Speaker 3: It should have been something where again like Back to the Future did the great thing with the photograph that he has with people are disappearing. It's like people don't exist. You're erasing yourself from history, something having to do with time, right, But this one was just like, all of a sudden, it's caused an earthquake, Like wait.
Speaker 2: What Elson, It's like, oh, Army Geddon's coming. Okay.
Speaker 3: Because of time travel, it seems like they took a left and they should have taken it right. You also know out there, dear listeners, now, those of you that have stuck with us, that we love to play little games every week that have been set up for us. And we have a new one now and it's called to the minute. To the minute in celebration of the movie, and its title will be given specific events and we have to guess how long they lasted in minutes. So, for example, if it's the nineteen eighty eight World Series Game five between the Dodgers and the oapland as the answer is one hundred and seventy one minutes, everyone knows that if we get our answer within five minutes, we get a point and we have to go from there. Okay, what is the amount of minutes that rock climber Aaron Ralston played by James Franco in the Stressful movie about his life, was trapped when a boulder fell on his arm. It was so oh god, see, this is the thing that's so annoying about this game is at the end of the day, it's math. So because wasn't it called one hundred and forty one hours or one hundred and forty hours something like that, one hundred and seventy two hours.
Speaker 1: I think it was one hundred and forty one hours, so one hundred so it's sixty times one hundred and forty one.
Speaker 3: It is going to be the answer.
Speaker 2: Jordan was here, he'd be so good, he could do math so fast.
Speaker 3: I'm putting it in by I'm I'm not cheating by using the calculator. I'm sorry because I think I have So I'm going to say it's eighty four hundred and sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use a little technique I've learned on a TV show. I'm gonna say eighty four hundred and sixty one minutes. Jensen, I can't believe.
Speaker 6: First off, I can't believe Sabrina was bad at family feud. She's just so good at games. The movie was called one hundred and twenty seven hours, seven six and twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was close.
Speaker 3: I had the right idea, just the wrong title of.
Speaker 2: The Who was closer?
Speaker 1: I was no me? Yes, because you were one above me.
Speaker 6: It was all one above again again, total shock that you're bad at these games.
Speaker 3: Okay. The minutes a person has gone without sleep in nineteen sixty four, setting a Guinness World record, which they stopped keeping track of in nineteen ninety seven due to health concerns. Okay, I believe I read an article about this back in the day. So I'm going did you because I did a paper on uh lucid dreaming? Okay, I think, hang on.
Speaker 6: This would only be funny if we'll get it to the minute.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to wait. Hang I was like, I'm gonna try it. So wait, is it twenty four thousand, four hundred and eighty?
Speaker 6: All right, where's where's Sabrina sitting?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with thirty six thousand, four hundred.
Speaker 3: Well it's man too.
Speaker 1: Will wins.
Speaker 6: This person was awake for eleven days and twenty four minutes, which is two hundred and sixty four point four hours, which is fifteen eight hundred and sixty four minutes.
Speaker 3: I thought it was seventeen days. I thought he was awake for seventeen days. It was eleven Okay, man, could you imagine? I had the math right, I had the numbers wrong.
Speaker 1: Ye awful.
Speaker 2: And you know what, new moms out there probably go through this exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, how about the amount of minutes estimating twenty two minutes per episode and averaging twenty four episodes of season that was made of the original Frasier sitcom?
Speaker 2: It just twenty two times twenty four? Is it five hundred and twenty eight?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say five thousand, two hundred and eighty, but that can't be right.
Speaker 1: It's got to be way more than that, because.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, I'm gonna say, yeah, I'm gonna say five thousand, two hundred and eighty. Sabrina, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 1: You're gonna say five hundred and twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, what have we got?
Speaker 2: This isn't the game for me.
Speaker 6: This one is not the game, right. It's five thousand, eight hundred minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Close, I said five thousand, two hundred and eighty.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 1: It wasn't ten years of Frasers on eleven seasons.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. I missed it season an all right. And finally, roughly the amount of minutes that Kim Kardashi was married to basketball player Christian Bridge seven ouch seven minutes.
Speaker 2: That's they were No, they were married.
Speaker 1: This knows perfectly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know perfectly. I just know that they weren't married for very long. She was only married for like a month or something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's say it's a month, so that's there's thirty days in a month. So it's thirty days times twenty.
Speaker 1: That's too hard to.
Speaker 2: Do, Sames, was it forty three thousand two?
Speaker 3: Hun?
Speaker 1: Can't be right, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I woulda say, twenty seven, six hundred minutes.
Speaker 6: She wins, she got it?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: Oh, she got it. It's one hundred and three thousand, six hundred and eighty minutes. They were married for seventy two days, So Sabrina gets.
Speaker 2: Down twenty two.
Speaker 1: That was a tough mass related game.
Speaker 3: Not for me.
Speaker 2: Not for me. I didn't enjoy that one at all.
Speaker 1: At least you weren't shaking your leg.
Speaker 2: I know, at least I didn't do that, By the way, I did.
Speaker 6: I did watch the clip, and the funniest part about it is actually that the guy from Boisdomen, also after she does it, shakes his own leg almost to mock her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh, I can't wait to see that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know Joey Vattone very well. He's like a big brother to me, and he always picks on me. And he was right over the shoulder and he's looking at me going because he knew how big of a fan, and alexiited I was, so now, yeah, he'll never let me live that down either.
Speaker 1: Can we do Sabrina ceas please?
Speaker 2: Of course, there's just a few things right from the beginning. First of all, this is the first time I believe, remembering at least, that we see one of the kids with like a full set of braces on a d com.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't remember another character, definitely not one of the main characters, right, So I was going, wait, is Jason couldna have braces this whole time? I kind of it's funny, yeah, because it was strange. You never really see very many not never, but you don't often see kids with braces on TV. So that was kind of a fun But obviously it helps make him younger, right, and then he transforms into the bean.
Speaker 6: Did you also notice that when he was wearing braces, they were all wearing very large clothes, so that looks like they were even younger.
Speaker 3: To show that.
Speaker 2: You're in a baggy looking clothes.
Speaker 3: Giant boxy baggy clothes. Yep, I did, and of course.
Speaker 2: That being the opening of the movie, I wasn't sure why. And then it makes sense obviously, which is great. Also, we had a huge wind control and it made me think of a little bit of the airplanes for some reason, but a huge wind control issue. I wanted to get that girl a bobby pin right from the start. Her bang was just like the whole time as she's trying to talk, and I know because that's happened to me before. You're shooting outside and you're going, oh my, just somebody, just bobby pin it. I can't. I'm gotta get out of my face. Minor from the beginning because then I just started kind of watching. But the other one, why is it when we go into somebody who's the bike of the group, must they have biker leather gloves? Why is that just the staple the biker look?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: The fake rocket flare really threw me for a week too.
Speaker 3: It looked so bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was needed. No, I agree, And then I wanted to ask you if you remember having in my school, the hall passes that teachers would make would be sort of they'd kind of be made over the top so that people didn't just want to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like a tire right the rim of a car or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I wanted to know if that was how it was at your school or not, then have hall passes.
Speaker 3: Really it was can I go to the bathroom? They'd say, yes, we go smoke.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to have any kind of pass.
Speaker 3: I mean eventually if you needed anything, they'd just scribble something on a piece of paper and you'd show it to somebody.
Speaker 2: But nobody, okay, piece of paper.
Speaker 3: In such a small school that you knew everybody, I mean there was four twenty kids in my whole school, so it was like, yeah, my high school graduation took forty two minutes. Oh wow, wow, Yeah, I was just there. We had nobody.
Speaker 2: Our school was so big that we had to have two lunches, so you were either a first lunch or second lunch, and all my friends got first lunch and I had second. So I almost every day would go out and go to the bathroom and go hang out and I always had this plastic duck with me, yeah, carry around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was it.
Speaker 2: So that made me think of it. Their little hall passed and the last thing, and we didn't talk about it. I thought. I wrote it down just to see. I was not a fan of the music in this movie. It didn't music was not really I yeah, I really loved the music that's in so many of the T coms. And I missed which one Ali and aj song was and which one Corbin Bleue. I do love their music with the you know what I've heard, but and I'm not sure which one it was, but the montages and things when the music was really relevant in the score of it, I didn't love. And this was this I would say he was probably one of the first first on one moms that I've not been a fan of it, which was kind of a bummer. Hey, that's that's gonna affect my score.
Speaker 3: Okay, just so you know, I totally understand that, especially somebody who loves music as much as you and say everything else, you got it. Music's important.
Speaker 2: We can roll into the ratings because this is going to affect my score.
Speaker 1: Well, then let's rate it. Let's rate it.
Speaker 3: We're you know, as I said before, one being awful, ten being great, And we've got several options for this week. We could do one out of ten ram hanging cheerleaders, one out of ten, hummingbird with one out of ten, nerds becoming popular dancers, one out of ten, petty high schools, one out of ten, Principles from Community, one out of ten missing parents. I'm going to add one out of ten, Miss Elliot. Minute now, which would you like to pick? Sabrina?
Speaker 2: I think because he did just drive both of us crazy. The whole movie was the Principles from Community.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I went first last time, I believe Oh no.
Speaker 2: You lost count I think I went first.
Speaker 3: You gave us seven and a half to Brat Patrol, and you did seven and I did seven. I'm not gonna go as high on this one as Brat Patrol. I had some issues with this movie once again, though loved the cast, I loved kind of the idea. I thought some of the execution wasn't great, hated some of the characters, actually viscerally hated some of the characters, which is very rare for me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Give this a six Okay, it's going to be six Principles from Community for me for this movie, for all the reasons I just said, and I'm gonna I'm gonna stick with that. I'm gonna stick with the six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm actually gonna be right there. Six Principle from Community. It would have gotten a little bit more if I was able to enjoy the music a little bit more, but again, same thing. Loved the actors. You know, there was some holes in it. It wasn't horrible, it just I mean coming from I just I enjoyed Brat Patrol. That is going to be obviously affecting us right as we try to go through it. I enjoyed Brat Patrol. I thought it was so creative, and there was definitely creative things that happened in this movie. However, some of this stuff was just kind of not done as well.
Speaker 3: I real And again I hated the adults. I hated every adult in this movie basically.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I don't think it's necessary to hate the Principle. No, you didn't have to hate him.
Speaker 3: Bullied kids and I don't care if you're running aroundnaked.
Speaker 1: It just strange. Yeah, strange me too. Well, this week.
Speaker 3: We are so excited I talked about at the beginning, and we are very excited because talk about a Disney legend.
Speaker 1: We are interviewing Jason Dolly this week.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to a little bit of it right now. The goat that Tom Brady and d Coms is here with us. It's me and Brenda Song. I think we're because we're I think.
Speaker 6: We're both we're tied for I think we both have four Okay, yeah, and I think that's the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a few of you because we just interviewed from a Halloween town.
Speaker 3: Oh, Kimberly Brown, of course, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were any of those sequels.
Speaker 3: Though, yes, they were all yours are standalone, not of mine sequels.
Speaker 2: You're all that's such good original.
Speaker 1: Which brendous songs I believe are also all originals. Oh that's that would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, Jason.
Speaker 3: That's a big a whole thing about it. But you know, and that'll be on our magical rewind feed this week, so please don't miss out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: Also, everybody, of course, go and check out the clip of Sabrina on Family Feud because I know I'm gonna be watching it right after we're done.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to see.
Speaker 2: That Jensen's already founded, of.
Speaker 3: Course, and he's probably watched it one hundred times. That our Jensen find stuff very quickly. Our next movie that you can watch along with us is two thousand and one's The Proof Point. And all I know about this movie is that I've been told by producer Jensen that it's directed by the same man who made nineteen eighty four's Bachelor Party and nineteen eighty five's Moving Violations. If I know anything about d coms, I'm guessing it's not going to be the same as Bachelor Party. Poof Point is currently on Disney Plus, so you can go out and watch it today, And remember, please subscribe to our feed and you could follow us at the Magical rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine. Bye everybody, Bye,